Speaker 1: NFL Game Deview is a production of the NFL in partnership with iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Well in the Game Debut present about Mercedes been Patrick playbound here with Greg Rosenthal and Cynthia Freeland, who have gone back and forth all season long, but Cynthia, something has changed this week.
Speaker 3: Well, we kind of haven't gone back and forth all season. That was nice of you, but it doesn't matter. It's how you finish, right, It's not how you start, it's how you finish. And right now things are okay. I didn't even know.
Speaker 4: How to Apparently this Pittsburgh Steelers, of this operation looking good all year and then at the end it just sinks and I'm getting drummed all of a sudden.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the dueling flexes there, Cynthia flexing that she didn't even know, Greg flexing that he's been on top all season long. But yes, with a three game lead that she was apparently not aware of at all until our meetings.
Speaker 5: I don't buy that. I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't remember some of your He's.
Speaker 4: Checking what the picks are, but it's not done yet. We got a big Week eight team. There's weird spreads all over the place.
Speaker 3: I just look at my own they focus on myself, Greg, you know, only me, I compet.
Speaker 5: With Don Drapered me. I don't even think yeah, yeah.
Speaker 7: Don't think about you at all.
Speaker 2: We got more sneak diss is coming on this edition of the game debut High stakes though. When the Vikings face off against the Lions on Sunday Night Football, the winner gets the one seed in the NFC. Loser falls all the way down to five. These teams throwing haymakers when they met back in week seven. The Vikings at fourteen and two could be right there where the Lions are if they get this win on Sunday Night Football. Also, you know, keep an eye on the Falcons and the Buckses win loss situation could change that, But we're focused on the Vikings. Lions rematched in Detroit, steaks huge. As we said, very close the first time.
Speaker 7: You just saw it.
Speaker 2: What about this time in this matchup, Cynthia, what happens?
Speaker 3: Well, it was kind of interesting to see that koc that coach o'connells said that to stay healthy, because that certainly hasn't happened. But I still somehow have Detroit coming out on top by one measily point twenty seven, twenty six in the Motor City. I don't like this from the standpoint of like I'd rather hedge and like have picked Minnesota and then like just be cheering for the Lions and just be happy about it. But you know who else likes to take risk more than me?
Speaker 6: That would be the coach.
Speaker 3: And when you're looking at what Jared Gossman doing on third and fourth down last week, that was something where Dan and I guess Ben Johnson too, they're like, Hey, who cares if it's third or fourth down, We don't care. We can throw touchdowns on every single down and we're gonna keep going for it and not let our defense stay on the field because there's pretty much no one playing on the defense. So ultimately using those downs, those later downs kind of the way that you'd use second down or sometimes even first down a very interesting. Throwing touchdowns on fourth down. That's a risky strategy, but if you're going to be in the position where your entire defense is banged up, it's a risk worth taking.
Speaker 6: And it paid off last week.
Speaker 3: And that's gonna be something I think we see here too, especially considering Minnesota and later downs. They don't blitz as often, so you're gonna get better looks potentially with less blitzing.
Speaker 6: It's interesting.
Speaker 4: So you're hedging a little bit, you are, you are picking the Vikings to cover the spread.
Speaker 5: I am to cover that three AM.
Speaker 4: And I went into this week and I was almost surprised, Oh, the Lions are favored.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 4: We just kind of see that the Vikings are a better team now. And yet when I looked at this, sometimes this is not about the team. It's not about the numbers, it's not about hedging. I want to watch Sunday night. I want to root on the lines, and I believe there's something beyond the numbers that the model can't even replicate.
Speaker 5: Lions win this game by four.
Speaker 4: They cover the number, and it's because of Dan Campbell, because he's made us all believe in something greater than just the x's and o's and the Jimmy's and the Joe's and the blocking and the going for fourth down. And I just have enjoyed being part of this journey. They are America's team. I'm sorry Vikings, like I can't remember a team that had this many people that aren't Lions fans backing them.
Speaker 5: And so even though I kind.
Speaker 4: Of think the Lions aren't as good because of their defensive talent ultimately in the back seven, especially at cornerback and linebacker.
Speaker 5: Ultimately, I look.
Speaker 4: At the just the games they've been in. They've been making this journey for three years. You think about a couple of years ago on Sunday Night Football when they beat the Packers, and I just feel like they are hard and just like Dan Campbell said, they've got special players in golf and Gibbs, and they find a way somehow to get it done and get themselves a little break.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a little brick that's needed for a team that's dealing with all these injuries. Guys, that's unanimous. I have the Detroit Lions winning also by one. I'll give both teams one more point than Cynthia. There might score twenty eight to twenty seven, because I think there's going to be high scores. The Lions clearly have those problems with injuries on defense, but there are two parts of this Lion's defense that are there and playing well.
Speaker 7: It is Kirby Joseph who leads the NFL in interceptions.
Speaker 2: Talking about Pro Bowl snubs, i'n't the way that he has played this season. Also, Brian Branch in the secondary, Sam Donald almost half of his attempts are past the sticks and the intermediate defense for the Detroit Lions secondary top three in the entire NFL. I know they are hurt, but if we're gonna pick the quarterback to make mistakes, we saw Donald with those high throws last week against the Green Bay Packers. Jared Goff hasn't made those mistakes. I think Jared and the Lions gonna win here.
Speaker 4: They're gonna meme us, meme away. Viking spander the most likely to meme.
Speaker 2: Look at the blowouts that we have collectively six points between us.
Speaker 7: We respect the Vikings. Just feel like the Lions are gonna win this game at home.
Speaker 2: Moving to the AFC, the Bengals might be the one team opponents do not want to see in the postseas they are still alive. Here's what they need. This list was a lot longer a couple of weeks ago, but the Bengals need to get a win against the Steelers and then see the Broncos lose to the Chiefs and the Dolphins lose or have a tie against the New York Jets, but those things will happen afterwards. With the Bengals Steelers on Saturday night, Pittsburgh already clinched the playoff spot, since he needs that win to keep their dream alive.
Speaker 7: Do they get that winger.
Speaker 4: I don't think they do. It would be better for our entertainment purposes. On Sunday, but I think the Bengals lose for the first time in a while since they last played the Steelers Pittsburgh wins twenty three to twenty because sometimes you got to believe that there's a character to a team, and it doesn't make sense you add up fifty three different guys and yet the same thing keeps happening over and over. And what I keep seeing happen this season if you go all the way back to the beginning with this Bengals team, is they just.
Speaker 5: Find ways to lose close games.
Speaker 4: And it's mostly because of those guys in the secondary in the defense, and they've been better defensively lately, but it's mostly because they're getting turnovers. They're not really getting a lot of stops or forcing mistakes. And you're watching all these games over the course of the season, whether it's in the division to the Ravens or the Steelers, and they're.
Speaker 5: All good opponents.
Speaker 4: Well here's another one, Pittsburgh, and there's something I believe that's in their DNA in Pittsburgh. I want to believe they're different than the other Mike Tomlin teams that have been nine and eight, ten and seven, not really that good. I want to believe this team is an eleven and six type of team that actually finishes the season strong and gets this win on Saturday.
Speaker 2: I agree with you, Greg, I think the Pittsburgh Steelers win as well. I've got a twenty nine to twenty eight win by this Steelers team. I would probably feel different if both Nicks and the Broncos didn't absolutely evaporate through the Bengals and score that touchdown on Saturday last week. And I look back at the very last time these two teams played when other than an interception on the opening drive, which could have easily been defensive pass interference, this was the best game that Russell Wilson has played, maybe in the last five years. He was incredibly through for four hundred yards. The Steelers could.
Speaker 7: Not be stopped.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I saw this Bengals pass rush not being able to cause a whole lot of problems. There were some mistakes, as Greg mentioned, has been the only reason the Bengals have been able to get off the field lately. The opposition hasn't been that well. I can't get this.
Speaker 7: Out of my mind. I'm going with the Steelers winning, Cynthia.
Speaker 3: You guys are letting me take the bank ah by myself.
Speaker 6: Okay, good fine.
Speaker 3: Cincinnati wins twenty six to twenty for prime number, this one. I like as far as prime numbers go. Why because you don't just have Joe Burrow who's playing out of his mind. You don't just have Jamar Chase also playing out of his mind, probably gonna win the Triple Crown.
Speaker 6: You also have number five.
Speaker 3: Who recently just signed with the same agent as Number one.
Speaker 6: That would be Jamar Chase.
Speaker 3: And I think this is going to be an interesting situation where both of these guys, maybe not on the same team, but get a huge payday. In large part because of how the end of this season has looked.
Speaker 6: T Higgins since returning for injury.
Speaker 3: Oh, all he's done is score touchdowns at least one in games and then at least seventy five years this is the only wide receiver duo with ten or more touchdowns each.
Speaker 6: Chase has sixteen, t Higgins has ten.
Speaker 3: I think that the dual threat there is going to be too much for the Pittsburgh Steelers to overcome.
Speaker 2: All right, so no, it's no meme, but we do have Cynthia all by herself with the favorites, and the Cincinnati Bengals will see it.
Speaker 7: Hell thumbs down, Jamar t I'll.
Speaker 2: Take a better rate if you guys want to sign with me. It's time for expert playmakers presented by into It Tobo attacks.
Speaker 7: We talked about the other option.
Speaker 2: Cynthia, Well, Jamar Chase have over ninety two receiving yards in this game.
Speaker 3: I have ninety nine, which is more than ninety two. I think that this game is really going to come down to I think it's going to be a nice game with lots of passing yards. If you're looking at where in the game you're going to get these yards coming from, well, it's what happens when Joe Burrow is not under pressure, which his O line has kept him from pressure, and they kept TJ.
Speaker 6: Watt and check.
Speaker 3: So look, here's what I'm gonna say Jamar Chase ninety nine yards.
Speaker 2: I like it all right, A fun game in the AFC. Let's take a look at that AFC playoff picture where yeah, the Kansas City Chiefs have wrapped up the bye, but this game between the Chiefs and the Broncos determines the future for both of those teams in the hunt, the Dolphins and the Bengals. So let's dive in to this matchup between the Chiefs and the Broncos. Casey gets the one seed, they will be wrestling starters. No Patrick Mahomes, no Chris Jones. If Denver wins, they lynch the final wild card spot in the AFC.
Speaker 7: How do you see this going something?
Speaker 3: I think it's a closer than expecting game out, but that way, I have twenty five to sixteen in favor of Denver. I'm looking at bo Nix and his evolution from the beginning of the season. I think we need to kind of believe Sean Payton a little bit more.
Speaker 6: Before the season started, we were.
Speaker 3: Kind of like, well, he's played a whole bunch of he's old, you know, bo Nick says in he's old, and we've seen some turnovers.
Speaker 6: We don't know what to expect and then Sean Payton.
Speaker 3: Comes along watches him throw like six passes, like this is the next Drew Brees. Now I'm not going to call him the next Drew Brees, but I am going to say we've seen such a stark contrast from the beginning of the season to the end and his evolution, his strategic use of the run game, his strategic I do want to see how overall the Broncos run game looks in this matchup, but I think it's a nice solid win, just maybe a little closer than the number is predicted.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So it's the first game we're talking about. We're talking about who's sitting and who's playing. Carson Wentz is starting for the Chiefs and that's why you see that monster number.
Speaker 5: I think the Chiefs cover that number.
Speaker 4: So Cynthia and I think the Broncos win and they ultimately go to the playoffs because they're different than old Broncos team, because they have superstar quality players. This has been such a one sided matchup Denver in Kansas City over the last six seven years, but if you think back to earlier this season, it was a very close game, and it's partly because they have premier talent. You're watching Zach Allen, who made the Pro Bowl, who might make All Pro, who if he had a different name, would be a star at this point because he's playing at a star level. You're looking at Patrick's.
Speaker 7: Back if his name was like Razor Allen.
Speaker 4: I came up as a third round pick and he's just not a well known guy because he comes from Arizona. Patrick's defensive Player of the Year, premier talent. And I would throw Quinn Miners in there, who probably should have been on the Pro Bowl team or an All Pro. But three guys who might be the very best at their particular position. That's enough to get them through what I think will be an anxious, closer game than Broncos fans really want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've also so got the Denver Broncos not necessarily covering that line because rosters are only so big in the NFL. The Chiefs have had injuries at skill positions. Some people have to play, and so I think it's closer there. I got a five point win. But we are meming here, and Greg mentioned all the talent on this Denver Broncos team. Let's discuss Courtland Sudden. What a season for him. He's making difficult catches. He's making he's like the only guy on the team.
Speaker 7: That's doing it.
Speaker 2: Thirteen catches this season with a sub fifty percent completion probability, more than all other Broncos receivers combined. Just a really good season for a really good player, for this old, elderly twenty five year old, twenty four year old quarterback who turned twenty five in February in Bonnicks.
Speaker 7: But it was the critiques and people.
Speaker 6: I didn't make it up.
Speaker 3: I'm not like shaming. I'm not old shaming him. I'm just saying that that was one of the draft notes him.
Speaker 6: He's old. Yeah, I didn't say it. I just said it.
Speaker 2: Was like like a couple months older than Jaydon Daniels, like Jill Ever, Right, they're not going to dry up playing football. Saints Bucks in Tampa, Baker coming off a smooth five touchdown performance against the Panthers.
Speaker 7: If the Bucks win Sunday, they.
Speaker 2: Clinch the NFC South in a spot in the playoffs.
Speaker 7: Do they take care of business?
Speaker 6: Cynthia, Heck yeah, they do. Thirty to thirteen is my score.
Speaker 3: In Mike Evans, he gets his next one thousand yard season.
Speaker 6: That makes it eleven. He needs eighty five yards.
Speaker 3: That feels super manageable for him, maybe even in the first half. Then they can sid him in the second half well on their way to the postseason.
Speaker 7: I believe they do so as well. Baker plays well.
Speaker 2: But the guy that has been the big spark in this late season push by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers as their rookie running back Bucky Irving, who I think has great things to look forward to. Tampa Bay wins at twenty four to thirteen, powered by their one thousand yard rusher and Bucky Irving, who has a whole lot of yards against the Carolina Panthers this season. And I recognize those helped statistically, but look at what he's been able to do down the stretch, especially those wins on the road, and now they're back at home. I think Bucky Irving powers this Bucks offense to another win.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's going to.
Speaker 4: Be tough for Falcons fans watching this because they're just hoping for a chance, and I think there is no chance. I think the Bucks roll thirty seven to eleven is my score. And I'm going to talk about Shaq Barrett, who is now on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Yeah, one of the Super Bowl heros when they won back in the twenty twenty season, was so good off the edge for them. Retired, came out of retirement, was with the Dolphins for a little while, and eventually they'd let him go so he could play on a team he'd rather play for.
Speaker 5: He's very close with Todd Bowles.
Speaker 4: He's been through a lot lately in terms of his personal life, and he said when he was retired, it sort of reignited his.
Speaker 5: Love for the game. So I think that's pretty cool.
Speaker 4: They could use a pass rusher, just something to watch down the stretch, something they're someone they're really excited to have back.
Speaker 7: In the build.
Speaker 2: Yeah, quite a luxury, be like, oh yeah, let's bring Shaq Barrett back and go win this division.
Speaker 7: Let's take a look at the odds to win. It's not NFC.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right now, the Falcons are looking at this Bucks game against the Saints, the fourteen hundred.
Speaker 4: We should have been listened to me before the season. You can check out my division picks. I had the Bucks to win it when everyone was on the Falcons.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it wasn't even close. All it took was an over top loss to me.
Speaker 2: Washington Commanders for those Falcons who have the Panthers coming up in Lanta again, needs a win here plus the Bucks to lose.
Speaker 7: How's that one gonna go? Greg?
Speaker 4: I think the Falcons do win this game, and I think it's an important game for them to prove kind of they've taken a step. Losing two straight at the end would be disappointing, but Michael Pennox gets them a close win twenty six to twenty three. I like the Panthers a lot to cover this eight point spread because to me, the Falcons have not earned the right to be this huge and favorite against a good quarterback in Bryce Young. And yet what we've seen out of Michael Pennox the last couple of weeks I think will give the Falcons and their fans optimism heading into the off season. Look at that pass when he throws those out routes down the field, that it gets there so fast that the decision making is right, The poise is terrific. The movement ability and all that like that'll come with time, but he certainly is moving better than Kirk Cousins, So I think it's ultimately a positive how they finished.
Speaker 5: As long as they win this game, don't lose it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think the winning opportunity comes easy here.
Speaker 7: I got the Falcons.
Speaker 2: Winning twenty four to sixteen, mainly not just taking shots at Bryce Young and his Panthers offense, but the run defense is historically bad in Carolina. They've given up twenty eight hundred yards rushing this season, and in terms of EPA against, they're the second worst rush defense in the history of the Next Gen Stats era, going all the way back to twenty and sixteen. And that means Bjeon Robinson will have an incredible opportunity. He's got six touchdowns in his last five games, one hundred and twenty five yards and one of them ninety four with two touchdowns. Ninety with two touchdowns a week ago.
Speaker 7: Big week for Bijon and the Falcons.
Speaker 2: Well, they have to rely on the Saints, which is a tough spot for Falcons fans to be in.
Speaker 5: Sid Yeah.
Speaker 3: I have Atlanta winning too, but only by seven points, so just one touchdown twenty six to nineteen, meme away. Interestingly enough, I just feel like we should say at least one nice thing about the Panthers and that's about Adam Thielen, Adam Felen's ability to really help Bryce Young out, especially after kind of a weird beginning of the season.
Speaker 6: Things were not good.
Speaker 3: There were some injuries, there's a lot of It was a really tough season overall for this entire offense. But I've been watching the routes that he's been running, I've been watching him get open.
Speaker 6: I've been watching a.
Speaker 3: Lot of fun things from Adam Thielen, and I think that that has really helped Bryce Young. So if we're looking for something positive here, look at the connection between those two.
Speaker 2: Look at the dimes being dropped about number nine out there.
Speaker 5: No, no, you're right. Steelan was supposed to be washed up years ago. He's not washed up and he's amazing.
Speaker 2: Stop ending people's careers like both of those players who had a great turnaround this season. When we come back, Tyreek and the Dolphins need a win to keep their playoff dreams alive. They're going to MetLife to take on Aaron Rodgers and the powerful Jets. Aaron would love to crush the Fins and what could be his final game as a Jet.
Speaker 7: Maybe he is anyone who's gonna win. Find out coming up next on Game Debut, We're back on.
Speaker 2: Game Davie with NFL Plus stream the entire NFL postseason, including every playoff game and Super Bowl fifty nine live on mobile. Subscription required for NFL Plus. Visit plus dot NFL for terms and conditions. Time to Seize the Season presented by Caesar sportsbook Is. I'm sure the folks in Rome would be able to read those numerals a.
Speaker 7: Whole lot better than me. The Dolphins at the.
Speaker 2: Jets' first touchdown score odds, it doesn't look like we're very confident that the touchdown will be scored, but for because the odds team up for VRSS Hoggen in Theilme Devon Hm, Devonte Adams, Tyreek Hill, Garrett Wilson. Miami needs a win to stay alive in the playoff Hunt a win and hoping the Chiefs can be the Broncos who as dealing with a hip injury. So Snoop Huntley pro bowler, Snoopuntley starting again? What do you see taking place with you?
Speaker 3: So, as of what we know right now, and this could change should their offensive line be different. I have the Miami Dolphins winning by two points twenty two to twenty.
Speaker 6: It always makes me laugh whenever you ever hear that.
Speaker 3: But I just want to give a little love to John new Smith, who's been a huge reason why this team has a lot of different chances in every game.
Speaker 6: The tight end. He's been electric this year.
Speaker 3: He's been not just a guy who you can rely on to get you those crucial third downs or touchdowns, but also like he's changed his route, Like if you watch him, if you were to pan out and watch the all twenty twos, you can actually see him adjust his route really specifically. So both quarterbacks have been very happy to work with him, but also just watching his ability to get open finding separation is huge and that's part of the reason. Why not just he, but this offense has been so helpful and been part of a winning you know, as much winning as they've done and putting them in the position to at least be eligible for the playoffs in Week eighteen, and.
Speaker 2: Even there in that highlight package you see them dragging across the field. For this Dolphins offense that hasn't been able to run the ball very well down the stretch. In fact, they've actually been bad at it, which is why you.
Speaker 7: Might think I would take the Jets here.
Speaker 2: I've got the Dolphins twenty one to eighteen because the reason that you take the Jets is you believe their quarterback will complete some passes and be good.
Speaker 7: But these past few games, it has been downright bad for Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 2: So many opportunities to complete short passes one hundred Williams ends up scoring a touchdown on this one. He had Kennybola wide open, nobody in eight yards of him last week, and he threw him a bounce pass. It's just a rough spot for me to take Aaron Rodgers and the Jets against the team that actually has an outside hope of.
Speaker 7: Going to the playoffs in this one. So yeah, I will take I'll take the Miami Dolphins as well. Great.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is a really tough one to pick. Now.
Speaker 4: It's been a tough year for modeling systems, like in terms of like elections or whatever like. But there is one system that's had one hundred percent success rate, and that's been fraud.
Speaker 5: Watch all season long.
Speaker 4: Both Patrick and I put the Jets on fraud Watch. They've remained fraudulent. I'm taking them off Broadwatch for Week eighteen because the Dolphins are all banged up and they're gonna get it done because of Greg Joseph. This is gonna be a game we have no touchdowns, all kicks. This is Greg Joseph in Washington. We couldn't find any grooveage Jets footage.
Speaker 5: I don't know what the number is in.
Speaker 4: Terms of seizing the season, in terms of picking a game with zero touchdown, six field goals'll get it in there because the Jets can't finish any drive, so they get six field goals. They have never finished the drive with Aaron Rodgers's quarterback, don't check that.
Speaker 5: But the Dolphins snoop punt lee.
Speaker 4: Okay, I can live with him, but they're missing both tackles, most likely Kenda Lambs on IR we don't know about Toronto Armstead as we're taping this, and that's too much. So I'm taking him off Broadwatch and Greg Joseph will deliver me a game that I need to come back on.
Speaker 5: Cynthia, do it.
Speaker 2: For Greg, Greg, although he just has one g Let's look at the draft order entering Week eighteen. These are the stakes for those of you who would like a team to lose. The Patriots right now holding on to the number one overall pick, having to fend off the Titans, Browns, and Giants all sitting currently at three and thirteen. So keep that draft order in mind as we get to some quick picks here. On Game day view, the Bills and the Patriots. Buffalo locked into the two seed in the AFC. If the Patriots win, they could miss out on the number one overall pick. So what takes place.
Speaker 3: Welcome to your DFS lineup, Mitch Trubisky. Buffalo wins twenty four to seventeen.
Speaker 6: I think this one. I want to give a little bit.
Speaker 3: Of love to the defense. We talked about a lot of things with this offense, but Greg Russo has had a really wonderful year. Of course, Von Miller's still there aj Fanessa, but bringing the heat, bringing pressure in the postseason is going to be a big deal. And you're watching, especially Greg Russo have just a breakout season.
Speaker 6: They're going to have to figure out to pay him.
Speaker 3: That's a problem for later than future them. But ultimately this is where a little bit of the difference is made. I had questions about the defense coming in and Greg Russo he has answered them.
Speaker 4: They're resting starters though we ekteen is funky when Patrick and I are picking the Patriots starters to blow the number one seed, but the Bills.
Speaker 6: Are Mitch Trubisky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the power of Mitch Trubisky. Let's go to the Texas and Titans. Houston locked into the four seed and the AFC Tennessee has the number two overall pick.
Speaker 7: Right now, do they do they at the end of the week, grit No.
Speaker 5: I think the Titans win this game.
Speaker 4: I think the Patriots win too, because the Texans and Jamiico Ryan say they're going to play their starters and everyone has to be ready, but their starters aren't even playing well lately, especially on the defensive side. Like as great as they've been all season long, they've given up a lot of points lately, and I just don't know if they're the type of team that can go out there and play for a quarter and a half and then rest their guys and think they're going to win.
Speaker 5: That is what I expect.
Speaker 4: When coaches say they have to be ready to play and they're gonna get some work, that usually means they're not going to play the whole game the way they've been playing over the last ten weeks. What reason do I have to think Davis Mills and their backups are going to win a game.
Speaker 5: Let's go tighten.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe that reason is the other team could have the number one over all.
Speaker 7: The bit good.
Speaker 5: Players don't care about that, but maybe you're right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll see the Browns and Ravens Saturday afternoon. Baltimore can clinch the AFC North with a win. I think they do, although the number a little bit rich for me. I've got a twenty one to thirteen win here, and we're gonna see another quarterback for the Cleveland Browns. And if you're watching this video of Dorian Thompson Robinson and thinking, well, he turned the ball over all the time, why are we playing him instead of Jamis Winston, Well, we got another quarterback coming in who has more interceptions in his career than touchdowns. That's Bailey Zappi playing, which is why Greg Rosenthal has a thirty to eight score. Not a lot of faith in the Cleveland Browns, but I think they're playing for something, an opportunity to spoil.
Speaker 4: I mean that's generous. They scored three against the Dolphins last week.
Speaker 2: It's been rough the Giants and Eagles Philly locked into the two seed in the NFC. They're resting their starters, including Saquon the Big Blues team starters gonna win against the Eagles.
Speaker 4: A do I'm going with all the teammoots who are playing their starters blowing their draft pick. Drew Locke, It's happening, Malik Neighbors. This guy is a force of nature. That was one of the best games I can remember out of a rookie wide receiver I've ever seen.
Speaker 5: It reminded me of Odell Beckham against the Cowboys back in the day.
Speaker 4: Man, this kid can make every type of throw and I think Drew Lock has played better than the numbers indicate all season. Again, it's a bunch of starters against a bunch of backups, and that's why these numbers are so low.
Speaker 5: Minus three for the Eagles. What are you laughing at?
Speaker 7: I'm laughing at.
Speaker 2: Drew Lock throwing for like three are ars there, Melik's Neighbors running for.
Speaker 7: Fifty seven star touchdown.
Speaker 5: It's your playmakers game of his life.
Speaker 7: Drew Lock coming up the Chargers. Raiders in Vegas.
Speaker 2: Coach Harball says, if there's a chance to move up seeds in the playoffs, they are gonna take it. So LA is playing to win the game. The Raiders of one two in a row. What happens here?
Speaker 4: Greg, I think the Chargers do win this game, and they win it going to way twenty three to thirteen because Justin Herbert is playing his best ball of the year at the end of the season.
Speaker 5: That is absolutely huge. And then on the.
Speaker 4: Flip side, on defense, Derwin James has been on a sack streak. Very nice to see Derwin James rewarded with a Pro Bowl appearance. They're using him more around the line of scrimmage. He also is always the happiest guy in the postgame celebration. You can tell when they talk like culture. I don't even know what that means. I think it's just having guys who are really good that care a lot. And I think Jim Harbaugh recognized Derwin James as a like minded individual, a really talented individual who cares a lot.
Speaker 5: Happy to see him doing so well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a fun team, a lot of guys to root for. I also have them scoring twenty three points. I've got to win twenty three to nineteen, and they get one of their best players on offense back and we saw JK. Dobbins be a part of this offense when they really started to play well. Played well last week, didn't have to play a lot, but what an opportunity for a guy who I think could be the comeback player of the year in the NFL.
Speaker 7: And JK.
Speaker 2: Dobbins powers this team to twenty three points early and then they could shut it down as the defense holds strong and gets this win against Las Vegas.
Speaker 3: Cynthia, I mean, twenty three seems to be the number for the Chargers. From twenty three to sixteen is my score? A touchdown win for the Chargers.
Speaker 6: Mimus Away. I just want to talk about Brock Bauers.
Speaker 3: One last time because we're probably not going to I mean, we're not talking about in the postseason, but ultimately what he's been able to do, breaking Mike Dickka's sixty three year record, that's incredible. It's all about yards after the catch, yards after the catch, over expected, all the different ways that he's been able to run, all the routes on the route treet be effective in each and every one of them. The thing about this kid is he's so quiet.
Speaker 6: We don't even hear him. He doesn't talk about it.
Speaker 3: He's not like one of those people who's telling us how amazing he is, So we get to be the mouthpiece for him. He should at least be in consideration for Offensive Player of the You're just with lad mconukey as well. But Rock Bowers an amazing talent. We're going to be watching him going forward, and you know next time we'll talk about him is probably you know in the preseason where we're doing fantasy drafts and you're gonna want to.
Speaker 5: Draft him very high.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I'm covering him in the Pro Bowl games very early.
Speaker 2: Same after the first half on Thursday. I know some Georgia fans would like Brock Bowers and Ladd mccaukeey'll still be there. Let's go for more or less talk to some player props for the colossal Vikings Lions matchup on Sunday night. Gretx Well one, Jared Golf, So for more or less? Wait, just one passing touch?
Speaker 4: I mean, let's throw the moon. Can I just throw it off the camera? It's over, I mean one and a half. It's never gotten any easier. Brian Flores in this defense, I'm curious how aggressive they will be, but there's usually holes in the middle of their defense. If you're going to attack the Vikings, that's where you attack them. And who is graded attacking the middle of the field. It's Jared Goff Right, there's your.
Speaker 3: Lips to whoever's in charge his ears to make that happen. Whoever's in charge, Just here, Greg, I.
Speaker 2: Will ask you about the opposition then, Cynthia, because Justin Jefferson has two one hundred yard games at his last four, does he go for more or less than ninety one and a half.
Speaker 3: Receiving you He's another guy who have ninety nine yards forecast for more yards than that. This defense is real lying there are a ton of players still on IR. I think a lot of those players at Carlton Davis specifically, I would really like to have him back for this matchup with Justin Jefferson. I think the key will be not letting both Justin Jefferson and Jordan Maddison have one hundred yards.
Speaker 6: Let's just keep it just too.
Speaker 2: Justin, Yeah, just one the Lions. I'll take one running back to Tamir Gibbs had over one hundred and sixty scrimmage yards Monday night in a game they didn't need against the Niners. Do I think he's going to go over one hundred and twenty four and a half on Sunday night in a game that the Lions would like to win that they actually have a yes, I do, because Jamiir Gibbs is so versatile, and I know this Minnesota Viking defense that Brian Flores brings into Detroit has a solid opportunity to stop the run. But Jamiir Gibbs can get you in so many different ways. Ben Johnson, while he's not calling reverse passes to his tackle, if he calls a screen, Jamia Gibbs could take out to the house.
Speaker 7: At any moment. I like him to go north. Not just one twenty five and a half. I can put that number even higher.
Speaker 2: Let's the Commanders and the Cowboys in Dallas, Washington already going to the playoffs.
Speaker 7: If they win Sunday, they stayed the sixth seed. Does that happen? Great?
Speaker 5: It does.
Speaker 4: I think this is a game where you look at the first matchup and you see the Cowboys had the upset and actually plays into the Commander's hand.
Speaker 5: They know not to take it lightly.
Speaker 4: They win twenty seven to twenty because Jayden Daniels has gone from one of the best scrambling young quarterbacks in the league just one of the best running quarterbacks in the league periods.
Speaker 5: Or just one of the best runners.
Speaker 4: I mean his decision making last week. He's so decisive. When he decides to go, he goes, and he makes people miss and then he goes quietly and smoothly out of bounds, and it's like laughing and talking to the defenders as he's doing it, Like the game seems so slow for him for a rookie, it's remarkable. And now he's going up against one of the worst rush defenses in the league.
Speaker 5: In a few.
Speaker 4: Years, I think the regular ground game can get going. But when it doesn't work, Jade Daniels will get plenty of scrambles, and I think they win this and they cover the number and make sure they go get that six seed.
Speaker 3: I have five points, so not quite covering the number. Twenty seven twenty two in favor of the Commanders.
Speaker 6: When I'm looking at this, I want to talk about.
Speaker 3: The unsung hero. That would be zach Ertz. When you're looking at Scary Terry who made the Pro Bowl, which is very exciting, You're obviously looking at Jade Daniels, who's very likely to win the Offensive Rookie.
Speaker 6: Of the Year. We kind of forget that some of.
Speaker 3: These really clutch moments, these like key third downs, these last minute touchdowns, where is he looking well when Terry m Corn isn't open, He's looking right at zach Ertz. So I'm watching this tight end and he's obviously a central figure to a Cliff Kingsbury offense. He was with him in Arizona, now he's with him in Washington. Trust, we don't talk about how zach Ertz is still getting it done even if he's not an Eagle or even at whatever, he's still great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, also beefing with Nick Sirianni in the division of fun.
Speaker 6: Fact Zach er it's so fun.
Speaker 7: That I don't have them covering the number either.
Speaker 2: I've got a slim Washington win twenty two to twenty because they've had problems running the ball. They couldn't run the ball against this Cowboys defense, which is also historically bad. That number one team rush EPA since twenty sixteen allowed is the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: In twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: They've been historically bad, and the Washington Commanders lost to them in the closing moments, which is the opposite of what's happened in the closing moments for the Commanders this season.
Speaker 7: Look at all of these wins. Yes, it's not just the Hail Mary.
Speaker 2: It's the late touchdown that we saw at the top against the Atlanta Falcons. It's the late touchdown in the division against the Philadelphia Eagles that was moments before Ertz and Sirianni started beefin. It's just been close, So why not have one more close game for the Washington Commanders before they go into the postseason. Here in twenty twenty four season, Tom fors to do some quick picks as we are.
Speaker 7: Memed away on the Commanders.
Speaker 2: The Bears Packers in Lambeau green Bay already going to the playoffs. Bears haven't won in Green Bay since the Jordan Bulls we're playing.
Speaker 7: Does that change? Sunday, Greg, I don't know if it's true.
Speaker 5: I think that's been absolutely outrazous.
Speaker 6: Unfortunately, it's obviously true.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately for the pack I mean for Bears fans. You have to watch one more game, but that's it. Then it's over. You can take a break. Thirty to seventeen. Packers win this game by doing what they've done all season, by running the second they get off the bus. So whether it's Josh Jacobs or Manuel Wilson, like, you don't need to give Jacobs thirty carries in this game. But we've seen if Malik Willis is that quarterback, they can run the ball well, he can throw the ball well. This is not a game where I'm worried about them going to the backups. If they happen to be scoreboard watching and you see Washington winning and maybe they're not playing for much, their backups are going to be a Bears team which is just ready for this season to end. This is why we can't have an eighteen game season, Roger Goodell, because nobody needs eighteen Bears games.
Speaker 2: Please, all right, the campaign begins from Greg Grossthal. Seahawks and rams La gonna be resting their starters, so we're gonna see Jimmy Garoppolo in this one. It's not because of that, but I will take Seattle to win the game eighteen to seventeen because we almost had an opportunity for this game.
Speaker 7: To really matter. It came down very.
Speaker 2: Close of ball going off Trey McBride's face mask, but just the opportunity for Jackson Smith and Jigbo who's had a tremendous season especially late here, and the Seahawks passing offense to get to ten wins against the Rams team that's going to the postseason.
Speaker 7: So a win there. We're all on the Seahawks.
Speaker 2: The forty nine ers Cardinals also win the division in Glendale, both teams out of the playoff race.
Speaker 7: Who does it for Pride.
Speaker 6: Cynthia Arizona.
Speaker 3: I guess twenty four to twenty one, and why because I think Trey McBride has a massive game. We finally saw him get in the end zone.
Speaker 6: The Great American nightmare is over. He scored.
Speaker 3: But I think in this matchup again he's going to have a nice opportunity. Obviously, tight ends wearing number eighty five are a big deal in this matchup just overall, but I think that it's going to be the eighty five for the Cardinals that sees the end zone potentially or has the bigger game.
Speaker 2: Are unanimous for us on the Cardinals. Last one Jags and Colts. I'm actually taking Matt Jones and the Jags here to win twenty three to twenty a week after seeing Drew Locke dice up this defense. But I do want to talk about Anthony Richardson, depending on his status. We are having these conversations later in the week, not as late as I would like to hear more confidence from stain Stichen about his starting quarterback playing through what could be a couple of injuries there. If Anthony Richardson, if the vibes are better about him feeling better, then I'll.
Speaker 7: Flip this pick around.
Speaker 2: But just considering all that this Colts defense has been through, that's what scares me and causes me to pick a team that could have the number one overall pick, pending results this week still to come. So your team isn't going to the playoffs, that's fine because now you can focus.
Speaker 7: On rooting against your enemies, Tess.
Speaker 2: You can spend more time checking out prop bets of the week or on a hot street props on props that's coming up next. Write this down next here on game debut.
Speaker 7: Sunday at nine am Eastern. Rich is in, Kurt Warner, Steve Maryucci.
Speaker 2: Cendia Freeland, the sar on the show, and the whole crew get you.
Speaker 7: Set for kickoff with NFL Game Day Morning.
Speaker 2: Kurt warner sits down was Vikings wide receiver Justin Jefferson, plus Lil Wayne and actor Oshane Jackson Junior joining the show live in studio Sunday at nine am.
Speaker 4: Did you see in the green room littl Wayne has a special section of drinks just for Little Wayne.
Speaker 7: Yeah, which is important. I'm leaving those drinks alone.
Speaker 2: There's a fun fact for you guys to note well inside baseball stuff for write this down here on game debut.
Speaker 7: Some predictions for Week eighteen. Fire us off, Greg.
Speaker 5: Okay, for back to back weeks.
Speaker 4: I've taken the Lions team total, and I've taken Jamir Gibbs's yards from scrimmage total, and I've smashed them together, and I told you to combine them to get a little extra And that's.
Speaker 5: What's gonna happen again. They keep raising the number.
Speaker 4: I don't care over one hundred and twenty four and a half scrimmageyards against a good Vikings run defense.
Speaker 5: Doesn't matter. He'll get it through the air. The team total little more worried about.
Speaker 4: Twenty nine and a half is a lot, but they have average thirty seven and a half over the last.
Speaker 5: Four weeks against some pretty good defenses.
Speaker 4: So I like the Lions offense to know they need to play their best when it matters. The most they get over thirty and Jamir Gibbs brings it home. I'm catching up the write this down segment. Picks have been hot again.
Speaker 6: I hope you're right about that one, but mostly who wins.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go with Bijon Robinson and I think that he has more than one hundred and fifteen and a half scrimmage jars against the Panthers. The team needs a win here, but also Bijon Robinson has been electric. I think this number is very low against a run defense that is still being run on by someone else, ran on, run, on run, whatever the past tense run is, that's what's been happening.
Speaker 2: I'm also going to take in Atlanta Falcon and it's maybe not the one you're thinking.
Speaker 5: Which all pitts.
Speaker 2: And a half receiving yards against the Panthers. Cow pits seventeen targets in the last four games, including that one in overtime, which I think, excuse me to get the game to overtime, which I think might lead to Michael Pennock Junior, targeting his big tight end a little bit more.
Speaker 7: Thanks for watching us here on.
Speaker 2: Game deviut presented by Mercedes Benz for Cynthia and Greg.
Speaker 7: I'm Patrick. We'll see you next week. Enjoy the games.
Speaker 1: NFL Game Deview is a production of the NFL in partnership with iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.