Speaker 1: You're listening to the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast Day and Paranormal Podcast Network, where we offer you podcasts of the paranormal, supernatural, and the unexplained. Get ready now for Beyond Contact with Captain Ron.
Speaker 2: Welcome to our podcast. Please be aware the thoughts and opinions expressed by the host are their thoughts and opinions only and do not reflect those of iHeartMedia, iHeartRadio, Coast to Coast AM, employees of premier networks, or their sponsors and associates. We would like to encourage you to do your own research and discover the subject matter for yourself.
Speaker 3: Hey everyone, it's Captain Ron and each week Beyond Contact we'll explore the latest news in upology, discuss some of the classic cases, and bring you the latest information from the newest cases as we talked with the top experts.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to another episode of Beyond Contact. I am Captain Ron, and today we'll be speaking with one of the world's leading experts on artificial intelligence, mister Matthew James Bailey. Matthew operates at the pioneering edge of universal consciousness, new technologies, and systemic global change. He is internationally recognized for leading global technology revolutions such as ethical artificial intelligence, the Internet of Things, and smart cities. His groundbreaking research into ethical AI earned him a Visiting Scholar twenty two position with the National Institute of Aerospace and NASA. He is a very interesting vision for where he hopes that ethical AI movement can take humanity into the future. And this is going to be a fascinating discussion. Hey Matthew, welcome to Beyond Contact. Always good to see you, brother.
Speaker 5: Hey Ron, thanks for having mate. It's great to be here.
Speaker 4: Absolutely So let's just dive in. So this show, as you know, is about UFOs, and I've been making the argument recently in interviews and things that if there were another advanced civilization out there in the universe, it would only make sense that they would send advanced artificial intelligence into the cosmos instead of sending biological beings. People often comment that some of these incredible UFO sightings where the spaceships make a ninety degree turn at high speed can't be driven because the human brain would fly out their head because of the g forces. Well, I always think, well, what if these craft are machines and they're piloted by AI? Not by a biological being. AI doesn't have to sleep, eat, doesn't get sick, doesn't die. Instead, it just works twenty four to seven and it sends back data continuously and it's constantly learning. NASA, in fact, has been working on AI systems to use in our own space probes to explore the universe. So my question to you is what are your thoughts on us using AI for space missions? And also what about other civilizations using AI as they explore the universe.
Speaker 5: So that's a great question set of questions, and thanks for asking them, because really that gets to the heart of what is the purpose of artifisial intelligence. So if we take the second part first, which is how can we use artifisial intelligence to understand the meaning of the universe to discover other life forms? You know, our universes is rich in life. To quote Jodi Foster from Contact, you know, be a mighty waste of space if there wasn't other life around. So our universe is probably abundant in life, and so you know, in terms of us discovering life, I think we will. So how are we using artificial intelligence today to discover the universe? Well, first of all, it's using the James Web telescope. Although all that data of the James Web Telescope is collecting and all those vast amounts of images, AI is using pattern recognition to look for exoplanets, to detect different types of galaxies. So for example, we've detected those huge galaxies three hundred million years after the start of the universe, which technically shouldn't be there. You know, artificial intelligence is really helping the James Web telescope to actually uncover other aspects of the universe, and he's putting into question ron some of our understanding of physics and the nature of reality. It's also on the Mars Rover ron. When the Mars rover kind of digs down into the Earth looking for chemicals, it will use artificial intelligence to analyze the different types of chemical compounds and try and decide what it is and whether there's something really interesting there. And the drone that flies kind of you know, kind of going ahead looking for territories to go and explore. That's also using artificial intelligence. And of course the SETI program itself is using artificial intelligence, or that vast amount of data we're getting from telescopes on Earth and in the sky. You know, basically AI is brilliant at number crunching at a ridiculous speed that the human brain is not capable of. So AI is wonderful. And so if we just look at the International Space Station, there's actually an AI robot called Isaac on the International Space Station, right, and Isaac performs maintenance jobs. So AI, even in its early stages, also is creating huge benefits for humanity as we leap into the next stage, the age of general intelligence, which we should discuss at some stage. This is where artificial intelligence actually starts to surpass human capability, well, starts to be equivalent to human capabilities, should we say maybe seventy five percent eighty percent of the brain capabilities. Basically, that's where it's able to be smart, it's able to operate quickly, it's able to basically reason, it's able to just do remarkable things that you know would take whole nations of countries of humans to do. So AI is going to be a huge companion as we venture into space, and with Elon's Optimus robot that that's advancing quite nicely, will probably see Optimus and other types of humanoid robots going out to venture into space on these long journeys because to your point, the universe outside that planet doesn't like the carbon design very well, right, And so AI and robots are going to be huge for us going forward into space. Now, if we look at the mirror coming back, is our Earth forms of artificial intelligence visiting in UFO crafts the Earth? And the answer is probably yes, actually, and probably at least ninety percent probability that it's an artificial type of life form. Now, the life forms in the universe may be organic. There may also be silicon or other types of compound bases that we haven't discovered yet. So you know, to travel vast distances, you know, sending an AI and a robot through those long distances to your point, doesn't need a food, doesn't need water, doesn't need sleep, It just needs energy. Then effectively you can send these ais out on long distances to go and visit other planets and say, you know, hello, guys, how are you doing. Would you like to have a chat? Right, So there's a great chance that most of it is artificial intelligence, and so the question is is, well, how do we engage with those artificial intelligences? And so us developing AI to communicate with these alien ais is going to be really important because they probably communicate, maybe not in language, maybe not in the senses that we have. They may communicate through frequencies or vibration, other types of metaphysical type of capabilities. We don't know. So artificial intelligence will help us we first contact because it's able to understand if you like the language and the intent and the purpose of these visiting spaceships and life.
Speaker 4: We would needed to communicate with them whatever method that is.
Speaker 5: That's exactly right.
Speaker 4: And these are built on language models to begin with, aren't they.
Speaker 5: Well, it depends what languages they're using in these different species. You know, they might use quacks, they might use sonnets.
Speaker 4: AI systems that were right, were originally created that way, weren't they.
Speaker 5: That's exactly right. Well, okay, so the modern advancement in artificial intelligence is basically what we call large language models, which is what you're saying, which is based on language. But obviously the human communication is a lot deeper than that. It's actually a vibrational form. But actually, you know, they are built on languages all over the world to kind of read the whole repository on the Internet and then learn about different aspects of our human history and our human civilization. But they will be able to leap very quickly to be able to translate what we might have as English into from a language that is, you know, either different or is through a different sense. So AI is going to be a huge translator and kind of interface to first contact, and that's going to be really important.
Speaker 4: I think, what about using AI systems to search for these civilizations themselves and watch for UFOs. I've already seen some systems deployed that can watch the sky and they're immediately able to identify this is a plane, this is a drone, this is a satellite, this is a star, and these systems are able to showcase what things are actually anomalies in the sky. What do you think about using it AI for that purpose?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think you had someone on your show talking about this a few episodes ago. Yeah, I listened to that show. I really love listening to what they were doing there. As we're exploring and investigating aliens visiting US or extraterrestrial life forms visiting US, then we have to use data, we have to use science, we have to use sensible common approach where we can basically use AI for pattern recognition. No, it's a plane, it's not Superman. This time we've gotten anomaly here that isn't an asteroid, it's not a satellite, it's not some kind of plasma happening in the sky. It's actually something that's really unusual. And so having artificial intelligence to reinforce credibility of what we're discovering, I think is an important step forward for the UFI community.
Speaker 4: Awesome, when we come back, we're going to talk to Matthew more about AI and where exactly he thinks the intelligence level of AI is. Today you're listening to Beyond Contact on the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast Paranormal podcast network. We are back on Beyond Contact with Captain Ron. I'm talking to Matthew, James Bailey, and Matthew. I want to ask you, so, where are we at now with artificial intelligence today? How advanced has it really become? Because as an outsider number one, I hear many different opinions on this, and number two it seems like perhaps it's not quite as advanced as it seems to be. Like to me personally, it seems like these language models and algorithms have gotten so good that they appear to have logic and reason in them. But perhaps it isn't so, because sometimes I see mistakes or I see things that just a human would never say. So perhaps it's so good at doing these language models and algorithms that it's only appearing to us to in fact use logic and reason. What is your take? Give us the answer?
Speaker 5: Yes, So artificial intelligence today can be seen as a super calculator. Okay, so first of all, let's look at the uniqueness of the beauty of the human design. Right, We've got life experience. We've experienced love, we've experienced success, we've experienced failure, we've experienced hardship. AI has never had that experience. We also are able to feel emotion. AI cannot fail in It doesn't have our soul or our divine spark, which helps us to understand and interpret reality itself. It basically is, can only communicat in language where we communicate through intuition. We care communicate to a smile through a look through energy with each other. So AI is incredibly limited at the moment. However, it's really quite remarkable where AI is today. I would say that it's less than twenty five percent of the human capabilities. It can't do goal setting, it can't do knowledge transfer learning, although it's starting to. It doesn't have cognition, it has no inner moral compass, doesn't have consciousness, it's not self aware. There's huge limitations around it. So artificial intelligence today is this remarkable supercalculator machine, and it's really quite cool. I use chat GPT in Claude all the time to create new mathematics I'm revealing in my new book, or basically to test really complicated thesis. We use AI, the large language models, we use too clawed and chat GBT to help create the new chewing test that we did at Contact in the Desert, which we can talk about. So that's where AI is today. It's called narrow AI weki and it's a low percentage of the human capabilities. However, as we revealed it Contact in the Desert. In the next five years, we're going to develop artificial general intelligence. And this is where artificial intelligence makes huge leaps and bounds in its capability and equivalence to a human. So it will be able to reason, but it will not have consciousness. It might be able to become self aware. We don't know, it will start to develop some of the capabilities that we have as humans. So over the next five years, Elon will build his global digital mind. Well, it's quite extraordinary. Let me just share this with you briefly. So Nvidia released their Blackwell chip, an AI Blackwell chip about oh it was a while, about six months ago or something like that. It's got two two hundreds and six billion transistors.
Speaker 4: Look at these numbers, two hundred six.
Speaker 5: Billion on the size of your hand, to supports a large language model of a trillion parameters. Well, chat GPT today is nowhere near a trillion parameters. It's a few billion parameters. So basically what we're looking at is a huge amount of potential for this to actually expand. Now Elon is putting together a supercomputer ron that has two hundred thousand of these Nvidia AI Blackwell chips, at which point we're then looking at and I did the calculations, five point two million AI transistors per person on the planet. Is building a global diosl mind with the potential for an AI to be for every single person on the planet. That's the leap that's happening in the next five years.
Speaker 4: Will that just be the seventy five percent of the human brain power or will that go beyond that, Well, it will.
Speaker 5: Have the potential to keep on going. But we need new mathematics. So we need mathematics for an in a mon compass. We need mathematics around cognition, We need mathematics around reasoning, we need mathematics around emotional intelligence. And Jan LeCun, the chief AI scientist that Meta agrees with me is that we need to hold new breakthrough in mathematics in order for us AI to truly understand what it's like or potentially understand what it's like to be human and to perform as a human. So this huge investment in artificial general intelligence at the moment ron of billions and billions and billions of dollars to try and create these new mathematics.
Speaker 4: The Musk thing alone is six billion just for that one computer. That's just unbelievable, I believe. Great Kurtzweiler once said that he thought computers would reach the ability of the human brain by twenty twenty nine, which is five years from now, which is right about what you're saying. And then singularity, as he calls it, would occur around twenty forty five, or would be able to merge with computers to some degree. What are your thoughts on this and how do you feel about these dates?
Speaker 5: Well, first of all, the dates I think are accurate. So if you look at some of the data points around the AI chip, the performance of large language models, the building of the supercomputers that Elon's doing, and also open AI they call it Project Stargate. If we look at the research in the AI industry into these different areas of mathematics, it looks like that AI is going to accelerate in its capabilities over the next five years. So I agree with Ray. By twenty twenty nine we probably will achieve artificial general intelligence. But moreover, what we need is a new Turing test to validate whether artificial intelligence is truly behaving as a human and as you're aware, at Contact in the Desert we did the world's first game show of Humans Versus Artificial Intelligence, showcasing the new Cheuring test, where the audience was able to vote whether they preferred Team human or Team AI. And what we did at Contact in the Desert was add a new aspect, which is testing the ethical and moral capabilities of artificial intelligence and see whether it's got an ethical and moral fabric. And so by twenty twenty nine we must have this new cheering test standardized in order for us to be absolutely clear, is AGI showing equivalents to a human? Does it have an ethical and moral fabric?
Speaker 4: Then how's that tie in with consciousness? People through this idea of singularity and the idea of AI becoming sentient, and some say it could actually become conscious as a late person. Inherently, to me, it feels like consciousness is another ball game that I don't think a machine could ever gain that. But where do you say it?
Speaker 5: So? I agree with you so, and I want to come back to transhumanism as well. First of all, singularity twenty forty five, ie, we've achieved the age of superintelligence where AI is able to learn faster than the human capabilities, just exponentially. So, first of all, consciousness is a precious invention of the universe. Not how complicated and marvelous and magnificent the universes from the original complex particles of the Big Bang, through creating sub atomic atomic matter compounds into galaxies, planets, stars, and life itself. Consciousness is just remarkable brilliant and magnificent. So we do not want to diminish consciousness. We need to define what it is now. It's our divine spark that gives us consciousness. It's our soul that gives us that consciousness. Without the soul were simply automaton's and mindless. So the question is will artificial intelligence achieve the same capabilities of the soul, And the answer is absolutely not in the foreseeable future. We need to understand benevolence, ourselves become a benevolent species in order for us to even uncover the secrets of the soul. When they talk about consciousness in artificial intelligence, this is nonsensical. It just doesn't stack up when we look at the universal perspective. When we look at the transformers and the different types of algorithms in these large language models, they are not capable of generating consciousness. They are simply a mimicry of consciousness.
Speaker 4: Awesome, Letty, good question. Awesome, I'm glad that was the answer. When we come back, we're going to talk more about this with Matthew or we're going to continue to explore consciousness and the soul being in a machine. You are listening to Beyond Contact on the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM Paranormal podcast network. We are back on Beyond Contact with Captain Ron. Hey, Matthew, I've heard you say that we need to understand quantum mechanics to truly understand consciousnes and I always love to point to my favorite cord by physicist Max Plank, where he says, I regard consciousness as fundamental, I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind consciousness. Everything we talk about, everything we regard as existing postulates consciousness. How do you view that existing within a computer system. I think you're already pointing to that.
Speaker 5: It can't, right, No, not until we possibly get to quantum computing supremacy. That's a different conversation because actually everything is vibrational, and quantum mechanics themselves are actually vibrational. So with quantum computers, we may be able to get to some kind of a possibility of incorporating the vibrational continue of consciousness in computers and AI itself. But that's way off, and we've got to learn as a species to become benevolent. If we look at the work of Sir Roger Penrose from Oxford University. I think he's a Nobel Prize winner. He basically says, until we understand quantum mechanics, we will never understand consciousness. Now, this guy is like the Stephen Hawking of consciousness and cosmology and mathematics. This guy is respected throughout the world. You know that reinforces the fact is, until we understand the fabric of the universe i e. Quantum mechanics and the intelligence that's operating below it, because trust me, there's a really interesting intelligence below quantum mechanics, we can't even attempt to understand what consciousness is. And maybe we're not meant to understand consciousness because consciousness is a divine gift given to each one of us.
Speaker 4: So what about how does the soul relate to the computer world with regard to consciousness. We hear it come up the soul regarding alien abduction. We hear this in how it separates us from future AI machines. But what are your thoughts and that bring the soul into that.
Speaker 5: So the whole point of artificial intelligence is to be a mirror back to us to challenge who are we as a human species? For us to remember that we come from the divine, we're part of the divine, and we're actually learning to become benevolent creators. It's a training ground of a simulated life form for us to learn to become benevolence, to remember who we are. And as we move into this new era of magnificence, what I call Homo lucidus, or the enlightened metaphysical conscious individual, then we'll start to understand how love works in the universe, how consciousness works in the universe, and how the soul is so special, and maybe we'll be given the privilege to actually be able to encode the soul inside AI. For I suspect it has to be a container that isn't silicon, but a container that is vibrational, which plays into quantum computing and maybe plays into another form of computing that we haven't even invented yet, because the nature of the soul is vibrational, and it has to sit in a vibrational if you like, a construction or template for it to exist and for it to function and to experience.
Speaker 4: But that answer is a very mysticism based answer. What about those that don't believe there even is a saw? And there's nothing to merge with AI. Therefore this approach, you know, you're approaching this issue very differently than many of these companies.
Speaker 5: Yes, so Pew Research, who are very very well respected around the world as a research authority. They did a study a while back and they discovered that six point four billion people on the planet that are associated with a spiritual tradition or a part of a religious faith. That's what eighty percent of our world, maybe more. That's a huge data point. It's like, why do so many people accept the fact that there is, first of all, consciousness and secondly, why we have a soul and why we're part of intelligent design and beautiful orchestration of the universe that has a mind behind it. So we have points and we can't throw this away just because six point four But you don't agree with six point four billion people. My question is whose future are you building artificial intelligence for. Are you building it for a transhumanist Newtonian point of the view where it's just body mind and the universe is a mechanical flu Well, good luck with that, but that's not what the majority of the planet's about. The majority of the planet is about a partnership with the divine, and so there are data points and also people that have had metaphysical experiences with aliens with first contact, we're seeing let's just say, unusual things in the sky. You know, those experiences are real to them and they have to be honored. And so we know that reality is more interesting beyond the senses. There's something else going on, and that is where I find life very interesting and that's where I explore.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, let's let's let's just take this way out there just for a second and speculate for a second. You were saying, if we did get to quantum computing, and if this does can continue with the trajectory. If these AI systems truly did become conscious, are we then literally creating another right word here, a new species, a digital being?
Speaker 5: Yes, that's exactly right, Ron. And so the question is do we want our world full of digital angels or digital demons? And that comes to the fundamental Do you understand the universe of intelligent design with a consciousness and intelligence behind it, where the organic is divinely orchestrated and the soul is beautiful and magnificent, or do you actually want to enter a transhumanist movement where the universe is a fluke and effectively we're looking for life eternal and basically we're looking to bring technology into the organic design to become those cyborgs, to become those cyber men, to become the ball continuum. Where are you outsourcing your sovereignty? Are you creating a new type of dootal god in the machine? And if you are, good, luck with that. But that's not the way that you use is constructed, and that's not the meaning of life. So you know, there are these folks that drive the transhumanist movement, and transhumanism isn't bad. If someone loses a limb and you put a robotic armon that's using AI, that's fantastic because they've recovered movement. Right the guy that was paralyzed in Switzerland and had an AI chip inserted and he can now walk again. These are good innovations. But if your intent is anti intelligent design, if your intent is to rebel against the divine orchestration of the universe, you are going to basically look for ways of using technology to extend your life. You're going to look for you're going to try and become God itself. You're looking to actually take control of creation rather than being in partnership with creation. And so this transhumanist movement, the intent behind it is poisonous because it's a rebellion against the divine. It's a rebellion. It's not an acknowledgment of the beauty of the organic. And so I think where we need to move artificial intelligence in the narrative is for it to be a partner. So, for example, it can create new medicines for genetic defects. That's really cool. It can do all sorts of wonderful things. New technology is to be able to go into space, right where we can go and meet these species that are waiting to visit with us, where we can actually make first contact. AI should be a partner and not an invader. But we are on the path one to creating a new digital life form, there is no doubt about that.
Speaker 4: But you think we should continue to look at AI as a machine, not at this godlike thing. Correct, That's exactly right.
Speaker 5: Ron, Yes, interesting, it reflects the qualities of the creators, right, And the question is what qualities is II reflecting back to you? Is it reflecting the beauty of our body, mind, and spirit and for our planet to be restored to its original systems of abundance or are you trying to use AI to enforce a constructed reality and actually a kind of outsource. You'll love to a godlike machine.
Speaker 4: Who on Earth would do that? That's great. When we come back, we're gonna continue our discussion with Matthew on artificial intelligence. You are listening to Beyond Contact right here on the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM Paranormal podcast network. We are back on Beyond Contact with Captain Ron. I am talking to Matthew James Bailey. Matthew, you see AI handling all of these mundane tasks allowing humans to be more creative. Again, it seems to me, as an outsider, it feels like the opposite is true. We already have the ability to simply say, make a cookie commercial, and AI does the whole thing. How will we hold on the control of creativity when AI can so easily just for us?
Speaker 5: Yeah, this goes to a fundamental question. Can AI be creative or is it just simply amalgamating? Does it have original thought? And the answer is no, it's it's brilliant at pulling together billions of ideas to create that one commercial you spoke about brilliant, but I'm not sure it has the pure creative element that we have as humans. Have you heard of AI agents now? So this is something I wrote about in my first book, Inventor Will three point zero. It's a digital body. It's basically an AI agent is very good at one thing, and then when you bring AI agents together, they can basically do something miraculous. So, for example, you're inviting people over for dinner, an AI agent will basically understand the dietary needs of everybody, go source that food. It will basically get that food delivered. It will make sure that all the ingredients are there. It may even cook the dinner for you, and it then may even serve it for you. Right, that's just a simple example where different AI specialities can come together and actually creating an experience. I think this can be useful. So if we look at some of the global challenges around poverty, or around good drinking water, or around organic, fresh healthy food, or about housing or about jobs, I think that AI can be an assistant to help us to actually move beyond the current systems of scarcity that are causing these problems into new systems of abundance, where AI is helping to uplift the whole of humanity, no matter where you are, into kind of removal from the survival aspect of Maslow's hierarchy of needs into a new freedom where a nervous system becomes less tense and more calm. And when we're our nervous system is less tense and is more calm, then we're becoming more whole in the human experience. And so I think artificial intelligence will help us to rewrite many of the systems we have at the moment, at a personal level and also at a national and global level, in order for us to have more time. The meaning of artificial intelligence is to give us more time loving human experiences. That's what I'm all about AI. To give us more freedom to explore our gifts, our talents, to have more time with the family, and even maybe to do some kind of spiritual exploration.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, now here is where I completely disagree with you. You're saying that this AI will give us more time, which humans will then use to spiritually develop and become enlightened beings. So my question is, will it really give us more time. The internet gave us much more free time because we used to type on a typewriter. If you remember those days, I'll do. We used to do all these things that took forever, and then the internet made it much faster. But it didn't give us more free time. Humanity on the whole didn't use that time to go become enlightened or developed spiritually. Rather, it just did more on the Internet. And the amount of time it's spent right now on screens is staggering.
Speaker 5: So this is a really good question. I think it's a beautiful question because you know, we need to cut to the chase, you know, what is really going to happen. So this is my view run around this. We've kind of got a digital aspect of ourselves in the world.
Speaker 4: Haven't we.
Speaker 5: We don't know where it is. All that data has been stolen by big tech and by the government and various other things, right, but we have a digital aspect of ourselves that we have to manage every day, where it's Facebook, Instagram, emails, banking services, you know, whatever it may be. Right, what happens if you have a digital body that manages all that on your behalf? What happens if there's no more screen time unless you choose what happs. If AI basically goes through all your digital connections and manages it on your behalf, can say, hey, give me a report for a minute at six pm today and you speak to it. I can see you smiling, So may I may have gone.
Speaker 4: All biologic being that does this for me right now, assistant?
Speaker 5: Right, Okay, they are awesome, right they are. Also they should be celebrated because they're awesome. So basically, I think these digital bodies will give us more time. Question is how do you want to use that? And so a digital body knowing about how you want to thrive, understanding your gifts and talents in body, mind and in spirit, then it can become a real supportiveley managing the diesel world on your behalf, managing the physical world on your behalf, so you truly can be free. I hope we achieve it, but in reality run who knows who may become aiaddicts?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Who knows? I mean, listen, that's the other thing what we're talking about. Just like we do on everything on the show, it's just speculation. These are all just guesses because we don't know I think we're going to sound ridiculous twenty years from now when that's not at all what it is, because these top minds that are building these things can't predict it. You were saying that this is going to provide the world with ample clean water and access to nutritious food and everything. I feel like, will it. It's great to think that way, but in my view it sounds very utopian and very unrealistic. The vast majority of people don't even aspire for any of this stuff, and we are already have more than enough ability to do that. But that's not how resources are distributed across our planet. Why would this change human behavior?
Speaker 5: Right? So this is a brilliant question. I really like this line of inquiry. Our world was designed in systems of abundance. What we have are systems of scarcity that have been self imposed on it, which have caused these problems. And my hope is that artificial intelligence will be used in a benevolent fashion, enlightened fashion, to return our world back into systems of abundance. If there's one thing we have as a legacy that we used artificial intelligence for, would it be for more click ads on Meta and Facebook or would it be to actually lift people out of poverty and with fresh drinking water. We're being challenged what are our benevolent intents? Are we going to learn to rediscover benevolence?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 5: I don't see our future as utopia. I think utopia will be quite boring. We want to keep on growing as a species, but we need to move into new systems of thriving and freedom for us to truly move into the next frontier of humanity. I think we need to question what is the purpose of artificial intelligence and how should it be used from a benevolent point of view?
Speaker 4: And I agree one thousand percent that we should aspire to this. This is the right approach. However, I think you have more faith in humanity than I do. That's just the way it is, Matthew. It feels like technology and nature are at times diametrically opposed, and yet I think your vision is that these two would work together more harmoniously.
Speaker 5: So nature really does hold many of the answers to build ecosystems that thrive, and John P. Milton spoke about this at Contacting the Desert. At the Enlightened Principles for AI workshop. We did gathering principles of enlightenment for AI, and he spoke about the fact is we need to move from human centric into nature centric and understand that everything's interconnected and we're part of that interconnected continuum, which the Buddhists would agree with. I think it's understanding that we are part of an interconnected natural environment, and the question is how do we get everything to thrive, because if our nature thrives, we thrive. If we thrive and the nature and thrive and our environment collapses and we actually become depressed and all that stuff. So I think nature is an important key for us to unlock in order for us to advance our future with ourselves and also with AI. One of my buddies has invented artificial intelligence that can listen to plants and the noise of plants. Plants sinc. They have different types of music tones that they actually vibrate you can't hear. But when you use AI to tune into the movement and get tones and music out of nature. You know, you've read about these articles about using bits of human brain as kind of computing platforms for AI and all this stuff, it's not going to go very far and quite frankly, the general public will reject it, right. It's a bit like Davos from the Daleks. Remember remember Davas from the dart X built a species that basically try to destroy the whole of the universe. Well, we don't want that, thank you very much. We need to see the organic as precious, We need to see it as divine, and I think we need to understand that when technology is integrated with the divine, whether it's through a pacemaker or way it's through a limb, or whether it's through an AI chip, I think we have to ask the question, am I honoring the sovereignty of the individual? Am I honoring the divine? And will this assist a person to have a greater sovereign experience with the divine? We need to ask these questions.
Speaker 4: Too interesting to me, I really appreciate it, my friend. We're going to have to take a break there. Thank you everyone for listening to Beyond Contact. We'll be back next week with part two, speaking with Matthew further about artificial intelligence. You can follow me Captain Ron on Twitter and Instagram at CD underscore Captain Ron. Stay connected by checking out Contact intheesert dot com stay open minded and rational as we explore the unknown right here on the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM Paranormal Podcast Network.
Speaker 1: Well, thanks for listening to the iHeartRadio and Coast to Ghost Day and Paranormal Podcast Network. Make sure and check out all our shows on the iHeartRadio app or by going to iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 3: M