Speaker 1: It started a donkey, I mean, trying to be donkey today more.
Speaker 2: They should be embarrassed by what they already did. I'm not making these people do these.
Speaker 1: Days called donkey of the day, and it really caught me off guard.
Speaker 2: Damn Charlamagne the.
Speaker 3: Donkey out of day to day.
Speaker 2: Wow, just hilarious.
Speaker 1: Donkey Today for Wednesday, July tenth goes to George Stephanopolis of ABC News. George is a former White House Communications director. He's, of course the TV commentator political commentator. You see him every morning with Robin Roberts and Michael screenhan on Good Morning America. He's a fantastic journalist, one of the best out there, and that's why it pains me to see someone like him have to apologize for saying exactly how he feels when what he said actually needs to be said.
Speaker 2: See TMZ obtained video.
Speaker 1: Of George out and about working out in the streets of New York City when a random pedestrian approached him and fresh off the heels of an interview George did with President Biden, an interview that was supposed to clean up the mess Biden made at his debate against Trump. The pedestrian asked the question that a lot of Americans are asking. That question is simply, do you think Biden should step down? Well, George replied with something the American people don't get too often.
Speaker 2: And that's an honest answer. Let's listen, what do you think? Do you think Biden should step down? You talked to him more than anybody else have lately, and.
Speaker 3: You could be answer for more years?
Speaker 2: You don't think you can serve four more years? All right? That's an answer. Nothing wrong with that answer.
Speaker 1: If folks don't feel like, you know, Biden can serve four more years, if folks don't feel like Biden can win, if folks don't feel like he's physically or mentally capable of, you know, serving four more years, and they should say that because I've been asking a simple question four over a year now. Is the Biden Harris ticket a winnable ticket in twenty twenty four?
Speaker 2: Most of the polling I'm seeing says no.
Speaker 1: So, whether you are a high ranking Democrat and a party or a pundit on TV, you cannot lie to the American people about what they see and feel. You don't gain the trust of people like that. The reason this man in the street as George about Biden was because George has been up close in person with Biden.
Speaker 2: He just spoke to him.
Speaker 1: So it is beyond damaging to hear George say that he doesn't feel President Biden can do four more years. But the follow up question for George should have been, well, who are you going to vote for? I can almost guarantee George would say Biden. Because George gives a damn about democracy. I'm sure the pedestrian would say to George, well, if you don't think he can serve four more years, why are you voting for him. George's answer would probably be because these are our choices, Okay, Trump and Biden, So I have to choose one. Are you can choose to stay home? I can guarantee you a former senior advisor to the Democratic Party is not going to stay home.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Why is George getting Donkey of the day Because yesterday, okay, George, Stephanophlis apologized for his comment on Joe Biden's second term White House chances.
Speaker 2: In a statement obtained by.
Speaker 1: NBC News, George said, earlier today, I responded to a question from a passer by. I shouldn't have ABC News also said in the statement, George expressed his own point of view and the position of ABC News. You know, it just bothers me because journalists like George.
Speaker 2: Are people we trust. Okay, they're people we trust.
Speaker 1: So if George thinks Biden, you know, you know, can't serve another four years, you know, he should be allowed to say it and deal with whatever backlash comes with that. But truthfully, it shouldn't be any backlash because we should appreciate a journalist like George telling the truth.
Speaker 2: Journalists like George owe.
Speaker 1: Us the truth, and when the truth is spoken, the Biden campaign should adjust accordingly. The Democratic Party needs to adjust accordingly. The only person making George feel like Biden can't serve another four years is Joe Biden. And the only person who has to convince the American people people they are capable of running for four more years is Joe Biden. And if Joe Biden is sitting down with folks like George and George walks away.
Speaker 2: Feeling like he can't serve another four years, guess whose fault that is? President Biden and his campaign.
Speaker 1: If folks don't think that ticket can win, then damn it. Put together a plan that changes people's minds, because if you're losing November because you choose to ignore poles, more importantly, you choose to ignore the feelings of the people, then that is your fault. Okay, And I'm giving George donkey today because the only reason he backed off those remarks is because I guarant damn t the White House threatened ABC with no access if they didn't. I know how this works, They know how damaging what George said about President Biden was. So someone made a call and he said, if y'all don't walk this back, we will never sit with ABC News ever again. All access to the White House and the President and the Vice President will be denied, guaranteed. That's what happened. And that's a damn shame that people would go to those links to suppress the truth. And that is what discourages people in regards to this whole voting thing. You don't lie to people and attempt to forenest people and pee on people's leg and telling miss raining.
Speaker 2: Just tell me the truth because I already have eyes and ears.
Speaker 1: Okay, y'all don't want Biden to drop out, fine, y'all don't want Vice President Harris at the top.
Speaker 2: Of the ticket.
Speaker 1: But don't lie to me about how you feel in regard to this eighty one year old man. If you don't think he can serve another four years, cool, Thank you for confirming what I already believed. But I also know I only got two choices in this coming election. So now that you told me you don't think he can serve another four years, tell me why I should vote for him anyway. Hey, Trump passed thirty four felony convictions, charges of fraud, election subversion, obstruction. Okay, he let an attempt to cool his country, and he's the primary architect of an institution that has no longer legitimate called the Supreme Court. He selected three of those corrupt ask judges that have abolished Roby Wade, that have made it legal for state and local officials they accept bribes, and made presidents immune the criminal prosecution for official acts in office. With all that, people still feel like they're gonna vote for Trump anyway. So you mean to tell me that folks can't handle the truth about Joe Biden Joe Biden and still vote for him in spite of They.
Speaker 2: Can look past all of that with Trump, but not for Biden.
Speaker 1: This is what I mean when I say Republicans are more sincere about their lives than Democrats are about their truth. Republicans have no problem saying, so what keep it moving? Meanwhile, George Stephanopolis tells the truth, and now he has to apologize for it instead of being on Good Morning America this morning having a discussion about why he feels Biden can't serve four more years, but also why he's probably.
Speaker 2: Gonna vote for him anyway.
Speaker 1: Please give George stephanophilis the sweet sounds of the Hamiltons.
Speaker 3: You, Oh the day, Oh the day. Ye.
Speaker 1: I'm starting to think y'all purposely turn up the heat when I do donkey today for some reason. Loving I think that's what it is. They want to see me do the fans, That's what it is. It's be perfectly fine in here. You got on a blanket and I'm over here burning up.
Speaker 2: What's going on that side of the row and V always giving somebody on with the the little shaw.
Speaker 1: I drink my water and my juice, and I get cold in the morning, I get a little chili, so I just put on my little Oh that's menopause. Bring us no they do something with this heat the way to heat the menause. But most Dominican men do get menopause around after forty five.
Speaker 2: I'm not Dominican.
Speaker 1: These don't the Dominican man gonna call up like, no, we don't, don't do all that.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, thank you for that.
Speaker 1: Donkey Today, Yes, and don't be afraid to tell the truth. People trust me. The American people can handle it. Okay, okay. Donkey Today is sponsored by renowned personal injury attorney Michael the Bull, Lamb and Soft. Don't be a donkey When you need a fighter on your side. If you're ever injured, go to Michael to Bull dot com. That's Michael to Bull dot com. And when you mess with the Bull, you get the horns.
Speaker 2: Wake that ass up in the morning. The Breakfast Club