Speaker 1: Wow, Hey everybody, It's Monday, September thirtieth, twenty twenty four. Welcome to the NFL Fantasy Football Show, where we're starting ourselves.
Speaker 2: At tight end.
Speaker 1: This week, it's Being Your Man n MG Marcus grand Joy by Michael F. Florio and Lakwan Jones Florio. You are, I know, somewhat distracted full behind the curtain as we are recording this show. The New York Mets are playing for their playoff lives. How are you feeling this morning?
Speaker 3: Cautiously optimistic because they got two chances to get into tonight. So if they don't win the first game, the hope is that the Braves sit everyone. But if it comes down to game two, I'm going to be a nervous wreck.
Speaker 1: Oh well, good to know that at least the Bills kind of they got their thing out of the way, so you don't have to worry about that anymore. Now he just get to stressed out about them them for you men. Yeah, good luck. I'll say this as a Dodger fan, I would be fine to the d Backs not being in the playoffs. Anyway, We're gonna look at some fantasy football things because that's what this show is about. We'll have our biggest takeaways from week four, plus some guys would like to have a do over on and we will get into the waiver wire because everybody needs the waiver wire for sure. But let's start, as we always do, with some fantasy headlines, and to start with a big one in Kansas City, Whereshi Rice is fears that have torn his acl that happened on Sunday during Kansas City's win over the Los Angeles Chargers.
Speaker 2: Lakwan.
Speaker 1: It's a simple question at this point, what are we doing with the Chiefs offense? Rice is out, Marquis Brown is out for the year, Isaiah Pacheco is out for a really long time.
Speaker 2: What are we doing?
Speaker 4: Wow? I mean, this is a huge loss for this offense. Man Like, you gotta look at the vailable options. It's Travis Kelcey and Xavier Worthy right now, and like, you know, Travis Kelsey's been going through his thing, so can we trust him now? Because he showed some signs of life, you know last game, which is great. You know, that's a great thing for him to step up, and you know in the time that Rashid Rice is out. But man, like you're looking at the rest of these guys like they need to step up because Sheid Rice had twenty three catches in three games, and like no other player right now, no other wide receiver right now in that room, has over nine catches. So you're hoping for somebody like Xavier Worthy being able to step up in a huge way in the coming weeks, because man, they're barely winning these games.
Speaker 1: Flora, I know we're gonna talk about Patrick Mahomes a little bit later, but as you start to dive into that depth chart, I mean, Noah Gray, justin Watson Nikes, I mean anybody there that jumps out to you, you know, besides maybe Xavier Worthy that could be helpful for fantasy managers.
Speaker 3: Noah Gray kind of has my attention a little bit because the bar for tight ends is so low, and the thing is, Xavier Worthy is awesome in a lot of ways. Right Speedy can stretch the field. That is why they brought him in here. They did not bring him in here to be a wide receiver one in week five of his rookie season, and I think he can get to that point where he can be similar to like Rashid Rice, who underwent a lot of changes in the way they used him as a rookie, but they're not going to start using him like that in week five, so they're gonna need to find possession chain mover types and Gray could settle in there, but it's going to be the Travis Kelcey show. In my opinion, I think I wasn't willing to say he was cooked after the first three weeks. What I think more than anything is the Chiefs don't really care about looking their best in September. I think they want to have everyone healthy come January, and clearly that's not happening. But I think they were kind of trying to take a little off the plate of Travis kelce by design. We saw the exact opposite yesterday. The passing game ran through Travis Kelcey. He had double, more than double the targets of anyone else on this team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I felt like we were going to see a lot of Travis Kelcey yesterday, simply because that had been the narrative about this team for the last couple of weeks is why isn't Travis Kelcey involved? So this it always felt like this was going to be sort of not really a squeaky wheel game because Kelsey's not the one complaining but mostly just sort of the chiefs understanding, like, yeah, we gotta get him involved.
Speaker 2: It's get him with targets.
Speaker 1: Now, all of a sudden, it looks like it's going to be a necessity to get him involved. Like I say, we'll talk about Patrick Mahomes a little bit later on in the show, but right now, an offense that we have big expectations for. Now you're looking around and it's starting to get really thin in that Kansas City offense when it comes to fantasy. This year over in Indianapolis, Anthony Richardson, very similar story, leaves a game early with an injury. This time it is a hip injury. Now he's sort of optimistic that he will miss with little to no time.
Speaker 2: We'll see about that.
Speaker 1: As of Monday morning, we don't really know a whole lot about it. But Florielle, stick with you here. I mean, what do we do? How do we navigate the Colts offense bec flack? Though the wide receivers are great with Anthony Richardson, we might be starting the quarterback, but the receivers are sort of not great.
Speaker 2: How are we what are we looking at here.
Speaker 3: It's exactly what you just said, Marcus. With Anthony Richardson out yesterday, Michael Pittman and Josh Downs had huge games and by far their best games of the season, especially for Michael Pittman. But we know that when Anthony Richardson is healthy, he is going to start, and I look, a lot could change in a week in the NFL. But he was out there yesterday jogging on the sideline trying to convince the coaches to let him back in, and they even said, like we had a two touchdown lead, it felt like a game that we didn't need to risk our franchise quarterback in. I think we probably see Richardson sooner than later, and that is a bad thing for the receivers because Anthony Richardson is struggling with his accuracy, but where he specializes in is throwing it deep, which is why I continue to be like Alec Pierce is a high upside sleeper any week that Anthony Richardson starts the ones. Saving Grace though, is more than half of Michael Pittman Junior's yards came on two long catches from Anthony Richardson, so maybe there's something there that they continue just to build off of moving forward.
Speaker 1: And then it was all the highs and lows of Richardson, even on that first drive right like the first pass he threw, just ripped a dart right to Pittman.
Speaker 2: You're like, oh, this is great.
Speaker 1: Then a couple of plays later has a wide open out and just sails it over his head.
Speaker 2: I mean it was. It was the good and bad all.
Speaker 1: Within a handful of plays for Richardson. But we'll keep an eye on his status see if he's able to go, because that will impact how you're feeling about the pass catchers there in Indianapolis. Let's take a look at some of the week's top scorers for Week four. Obviously Monday night football too, Monday night football games still to be played justin fields. Three hundred and twelve passing yards a passing touchdown, also fifty five yards on the ground, and a pair of rushing scores nearly thirty two points for him. Derrick Henry got it going on the first play that he touched the football when eighty something yards for a touchdown, finished with two total touchdowns, one hundred and ninety nine rushing yards almost thirty six points. For El Tractorcito. Nico Collins continues to prove he's the wide receiver one in Houston. Twelve catches a buck fifty one in a touchdown that was good for thirty three point one points. Tucker Kraft six catches fifty three yards and a touchdown seventeen point three points, which makes him an absolute tight end stud nowadays. Young way Ku four made field goals, two pats eighteen points. The Falcons win despite not scoring an offensive touchdown. That's wild. Fort Nindard defense had themselves to day against the Patriots. Six sacks, three takeaways and a pick six from Fred Warner twenty two points for the Niners defense. So we'll take a look now at our own fantasy heroes and Lakwan. Look, we thought Justin Fields could make an impact. I don't think we expected it to be happening in week four of the season, but this.
Speaker 2: Is where we are.
Speaker 4: No, he is my fantasy hero man. He gave my team a huge spark because man, I was on the fence of like, I don't know man Justin Fields this season. I don't know if he's going to be the guy, but he showed up and showed out in this game, and I feel like, you know, him throwing three hundred yards, this is rare. This is only his second time in his career he has done this, and then him throw up three touchdowns. And what's even better, he's looking great with George Pickens because like he almost had one hundred passer rating last game targeting George Pickens, and he's putting this ball exactly where it needs to be. Because we know George Pickens, He's not a great separator. He's not a guy that's going to get far off from the defenders. But where Justin Field is putting this ball at and his catch rate is he's able to come down and make the big plays. So Justin Field is balling out right now. And my fantasy rosters are happy that I got him this summer late in those drafts.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, I know a lot of folks drafted him late. Again, we thought Russ was going to get the start early on, but it appears right now Russ not getting that job back.
Speaker 2: He's not cooking soon looking, So he's not cooking.
Speaker 1: Florio your fantasy hero guy that I put him to the top of the list of players we take for granted, but maybe this is a chance to not take him for granted and appreciate what he does.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm appreciating Mike Evans because I know a lot of people out there were getting concerned with Mike Evans. In fact, I even had people tweeting me this week like should I sit Mike Evans? This is the Chris Godwin Show, stuff like that, And then Big Mike comes out and reminds everyone like, look, I am still a wide receiver. One. He had one less target yesterday than he had in the first three weeks combined, went for eight catches, ninety four yards and a touchdown. And what I love. Chris Godwin also ate in this game, and Baker Mayfield is putting up big numbers. The Bucks offense looks like, especially through the air, looks like one that could potentially, like I know, we're only in the first month of the season, but it could win leagues for people this year because they are just playing at that high of a level right now. So must start, Mike, must start, Chris, must start Mayfield, I would say as well, right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, Liam Cohen has done wonders with that offense. I mean they were good last year. He's kept it cooking right along through the first month of the season this year. For me, this is sort of a heads up, a shout out as well as sort of look an admission that I sort of missed. I was telling folks to kind of stay away from Jordan Love this week. He was coming back. He hadn't practiced coming back off that injury, looked like he was going to be less than one hundred percent and was going against that Vikings defense that has given everybody fits jokes on me. Jordan Love was great yesterday during Day nine passing yards did have the three picks, so it was kind of a rough start, but he kind of got rolling in the second half of that game.
Speaker 2: Made it really interesting.
Speaker 1: Green Bay almost coming back to win their twenty eight fantasy points from him. And it's another reminder though, by the way, that now that he's back, the Packer wide receivers are back in play again.
Speaker 2: We already knew about Jaden.
Speaker 1: Reid, but you know, Christian Watson before he got injured, was making plays. Dontavian Wick stepped in. I made some plays late in that ballgame as well, So now it looks like the Packer offense is once again fully functional and if he was able to do it at less than one hundred percent against the Vikings, you can feel really good about having him in your lineup pretty much for the rest of the year going forward. All Right, those are the guys that did well for us. Now some things that maybe leave us a little bit frustrated. It's our big takeaways from week four And Lakwan, what did you learn from this past weekend?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Man, it might be over for Rashod White man, because Bucky Irvin is playing good football as well, and if this continues on, it's gonna look like a Bucky Irvin show. I mean back to back weeks he's outscored Forshod Way and it doesn't help that, you know, he's actually going out there and putting up these points when it matters. He's being effishent out there man, and both reality though for this is that once both of these running backs for out their roles, it's gonna be trouble. If Bucky Irvin finds his way into the red zone. He only has one snap inside the twenties, So Rashad white his job is looking a little if he here, because I feel like Bucky Irvin is looking like the guy over there in Tampa Bay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he got more touches than I thought he was gonna get, and he got high value touches too, down the most touches.
Speaker 3: He's had this season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's kind of crazy, Like it's starting to look like the pictures starting to form itself where this might be the Bucky Irvin Show.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I thought is gonna be more of an even split where neither guy was gonna be very satisfying, But maybe it's not. At this point, Florida, we talked about the Chiefs and what their offense is gonna look like now that Rashi Rice looks like he's out for the year, And the big question is what are we doing about the quarterback because Floyo he wasn't really playing all that great to begin with.
Speaker 3: He hasn't played good fantasy wise in over a year. Like, look, we need to I think the narrative around the Chiefs needs to change. As a conversation for another time, it is the defense that is carrying them this offense. They can make the big timely play, but they are not a good offense, or at least not one of the higher powered offenses. And when it comes to fantasy, Mahomes is just a guy. He might be your goat in real life, but in fantasy I named this past week, I said I would play Sam Darnold, Justin Fields, Gino Smith, and a couple other quarterbacks over him, and they all nearly doubled what Patrick Mahomes gave you. He has scored seventeen Fantasy points one time in his last thirteen games. Since the start of last season, he has top twenty six Fantasy points once. That means in any given week, the floor is less than seventeen, the average outcome is less than seventeen, and if he hits and has a big game, he is giving you an average Jaden Daniels game right now. So I don't see any way you just continue to start him as a muss start quarterback or something like that. Yes, I know you drafted him to be that player, but you can get guys Sam Darnold, Justin Fields, Gino Smith, There's other names as well that I would feel better about starting. Maybe you play the matchups week to week or something like that, but Mahomes is no longer a mus start option. In fact, I would be trying to get away from him as much as I can especially now without Rashid Rice and Marquise Brown there. I think they are going to run the ball a lot. They are going to short yard and yack you to death to control the clock and rely on their defense and win ugly. They are the best at doing that, but it is terrible for fantasy football purpose.
Speaker 1: Somebody asked me if they could drop Patrick Mahomes and I said, yeah, maybe not out. Yeah, look in eighteen leagues, maybe ten team leagues, you can look at dropping him, but you're not just automatically plugging him into your lineup and just letting it alone like that's you.
Speaker 4: Got to think about it now. It feels weird because he's a big name, but I got to think about it now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look at the production, not the name on the back of the jersey.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Speaking makes me sad.
Speaker 1: Speaking of which, I'm I'm ready to wave the white flag. I'm ready to admit defeat about Kyle Pitts.
Speaker 2: I am. You know.
Speaker 1: We have been the Kyle pitch Show of record. We have believed in him, We've tried to keep the faith. Everything is trending the wrong direction. Saw a tweet earlier on Monday from Scott Barrett. There's a lot of great work. Notice the route share and it's going down every week from seventy nine percent to seventy one to sixty five to fifty eight percent on Sunday. He's not out in routes. He's mostly a blocking tight end. He's not getting targets. Did not have a single catch last week. When he has caught the ball, it's very short, it's underneath. They are not getting him those opportunities.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing.
Speaker 1: We were frustrated with Arthur Smith because they were going weird places with the ball, but they were using Kyle Pitts as a downfield threat and just not throwing him the ball. Now they're not throwing him the ball and they're not also getting him downfield. At some point we just sort of have to face facts. Right before, it was the quarterback and it was the coach. Well, now they have a new coach, they have a new quarterback. They're still not getting him the ball. At some point we just got to understand that maybe this is what it is for Kyle Pitts In a year where tight end generally has been disappointing, Kyle Pitts very much in that group, I think I'm not out out, but I'm close to out. I got one foot on the platform.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm wondering if he's hurt though, Like, is he playing through him?
Speaker 2: You're supposed to be healthy this year.
Speaker 3: That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 2: This is what we're told.
Speaker 3: I bet at this point near sixty percent of his fantasy points this year have come on two plays. We are four games into the season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, can I exchange my ticket? Can I get a refund from the con man? If we all want to ref this isn't what I bought?
Speaker 1: All right, take a break, collect our thoughts, try to get into better heeadspace, come back talk, some waiver wires stuff, and some guys want to do over on if we had a second shot, what would we do? That's coming up next here on the NFL Fantasy Football Show. Let's take a look at this week's waiver wire options. Florio who should we be looking at this week?
Speaker 3: A lot of quarterbacks justin Fields, Gino Smith, Sam Darnold all should be picked up, and then Deshaun Watson because he gets the Commanders next week. Bucky Irving looks like a must pick up, so does Braylen Allen Rico dal starting to get more work there for the Cowboys, Chase Brown getting more work, and then Tank Bigsby and Rosehawan Johnson a couple of RB twos that have been playing well and getting a little bit more work there for themselves. The biggest pickup of the week in my opinion, is Dontavian Wicks for the Green Bay Packers, but there's also Xavier Lagett, Romeo Dobbs I like a lot too with Christian Watson's sideline, Josh Downs. Jordan Winnington led the Rams in routes for much of the game yesterday. Wandel Robinson, you two have been on this one, but he is just a target vacuum right now. Mike Williams slowly coming along but got more play yesterday. Tucker Kraft outperformed Luke Musgrave and looks like the tight end one right now in Green Bay. Kate Awten has at least eight targets and two straight. And then Zach Ertz. He might not get a bunch of volume, but when he's got the most accurate quarterback in the world, he is turning his targets into catches at a pretty high rate.
Speaker 1: All right, let's dive in a couple of these guys individually. Lawan, Let's start with Chase Brown because the first few weeks it just seemed like the Zach Moss show there in Cincinnati. But Week four seemed like maybe things are starting to turn. Maybe we're gonna see more Chase Brown going forward.
Speaker 4: I hope we do, man, because he looked great with his opportunities. He was looking like the RB one. This was the hype that we were talking about over the summer of like how explosive he is and how he could be involved in the passing game and be such a huge threat to this rushing attack.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: I hope for the following weeks we get more of Chase Brown because just look at him, man, He's getting it done in the red zone. He's getting it done in striking distance. This is where most of the points are gonna come from this Bengals offense when they get in the red zone, because they don't have Joe Mixon anymore, so they need somebody to be able to step up. I know Zach mal snuck one in the other last game, but Chase Brown, man, he just looks more explosive in between the tackles and rushing outside so man, I'm looking forward to them going against the Baltimore Ravens next week.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I look, I was on the Chase Brown tray in the first few weeks, had not been very kind in terms of his usage and that sort of thing. Now the question becomes, Okay, is this really Chase Brown getting more opportunity or is this because they're playing the Panthers. We'll find out, I think in the weeks to come. I because I'm trying to, you know, confirm my priors White, I believe this is more about Chase Brown getting some other opportunities there. Speaking of the Panthers, Florio Jadaavier Legett and Adam feeling on ir for at least the next few weeks. So maybe this is legetz opportunity to grab a bigger slice of the pie there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he got the opportunity and made the most of it. Ten targets, six grabs, sixty six yards and a touchdown. It was really the him and Deontay Johnson show yesterday. And I know people might be like, yeah, well, it was a game where Andy Dallon had to throw forty times. They were playing forty times, they were playing in ketchup mode. They're going to be playing in ketchup mode more often than not, but the volume is too good to get away from. So outside of Wicks, he is my favorite wide receiver to target up because long term there's a lot of upside there. He's only this was his fourth NFL game, Like he could just continue to get better and better as the season goes on. So definitely someone I want to take some shots on this week.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Look, having Andy Dalton there has meant a whole lot to this PAS there in Carolina. So maybe, look, get could be the guy who sort of benefits from some of that with his extra opportunities. Let's talk now that we are pretty much four weeks into the season. We're a month and we have seen a lot of things. We have a good sense of trends, guys who want to do over on. Maybe we whiffed. We drafted too much of them, We didn't draft enough of them. Lakwan if you had another shot at this, what would you be doing here?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I want more Alvin Kamara. I mean, can we go back about two months when all my drafts were happening, because man, he has basically put all the hate to bed. He put the haters in doubters to just absolute down with any of the type of questions about his efficiency. Man, he is getting it done on the ground. He averaged less than four yards per carry last season. That's kind of where the hate came from of questioning this Saints offense. And now he is the RB one. He's averaging twenty six Fantasy points per game. I don't think anybody really understood, you know, what the Saints offense was going to do coming out how they came out this season. So honestly, I need more Album Kamara because I'm looking at some of these leagues. Man, they have some powerhouse running back stables. I'm talking Jonathan Taylor and then you have it Derek Henry and then Alvin Kamara where he was going in drafts.
Speaker 3: It's crazy, man.
Speaker 4: So I wish we could get more Album Kamara on our rosters now, but none of my league maker are willing to trade me.
Speaker 1: Of course not then I could give him up at this point because things are going well.
Speaker 3: Florida.
Speaker 2: What was you like a do over.
Speaker 3: On Jaden Reid? I loved Jaden Reid as a rookie. I had him on more teams and the Mets just went down to nothing. I had him on more teams than most wide receivers last year and it worked out phenomenally. And all summer I was like, if I'm going to take a shot on any Packers wide receiver, it's going to be Jaden Reid. But I thought that the four mouths to feed and the narratives that we heard all summer, I really let it get to me and I did not draft Jayden Reid in a bunch of places. He has played two games this year with Jordan Love and looks like an absolute elite wide receiver one with him, So I wish I had them on more teams. But if you have him, as long as Jordan Love is healthy, Jayden Reed is a must start fantasy option.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, I know Matt Laflori doesn't want to talk about having a number one receiver.
Speaker 2: We will. Jayden Reid is your number one receiver the end, the end.
Speaker 1: For me, I was really worried about Tyron Williams and for me, the war we actually started before the whole punt return thing.
Speaker 2: I know that's been the excuse for a lot of folks. They didn't help.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna lie about that, but I really looked at Blake korm as being a guy who's really talented. They had a little more draft capital invested in him that you know. Look, Sean McVay seemed reluctant to just lean on one running back if he could, so I didn't draft a whole lot of Kyron Williams, and I'm wishing that I had now, because what is it? Telok on seven straight games with a touchdown for kyrone. He looks fantastic, And especially at a time where the Rams are sort of short of playmakers, They're trying to figure things out of the passing game, the offensive line is having its issues with injuries, Williams continues to produce. He's doing everything, whether it's in the running game, whether it's in the passing game. He's been fantastic. And I admit I was wrong on this one. I thought that it was going to be more of a split. We've yet to see Blake rum in any way so far this season. I had just been the Kien Williams show.
Speaker 2: For real.
Speaker 4: It's okay, it's just your forty nine ers hate just speeling out overdo off season.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, I get it. I get it.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 1: Anyway, here we go. That was the thing I didn't love, not drafting enough Kien Williams. But that gets us two moments that we do love and a moment we loved. From this past weekend. Joe Flacco stepped in, played well in relief of Anthony Richardson, and afterwards did an interview talking about his relationship with Anthony Richardson or whether or not you know, maybe A rich thinks he's cool.
Speaker 3: Listen, he told me his mom is eight days older than I am, so there's no chance in the world that he thinks I'm cool.
Speaker 2: So there is.
Speaker 1: Anthony Richards' mom is only eight days older than Joe Flacco, which one, I mean speaks to how old Joe flaccoys. But also we'll forget how young Anthony Richardson is. Guys, it's a baby, you know.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's really just he's just a kid coming in here and playing well.
Speaker 1: But Joe Flacco, guys, not only playing great football but a great quote. And uh, you know it's a point him and Jami's got a starting job just for the quote.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, I bet you. Though Richardson and Flacco have a ton in common because he, like Richardson, probably grew up watching shows and listening to music that his mom liked. And that's the same stuff that Joe Flacco likes.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, definitely very true.
Speaker 1: It'd probably be a lot of hey, do you listen to this, and like Andrews be like, no, my mom does? Mom?
Speaker 3: I remember when I was a baby. I know the words, but yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I heard in the car and I was in the back seat. Try around my mom. Pretty fla was cool to me.
Speaker 4: Man, big jersey over there.
Speaker 1: Joe Flacco is younger than me, so blur all right, but that was a lot of fun. Time for us to pack it in for this edition.
Speaker 2: That is it. We are done. We appreciate you hanging out with you. How fantasy football show? You know the drill?
Speaker 1: Tell two friends to tell two friends rate review and remember in real life there's.
Speaker 2: No such thing as algebra.
Speaker 1: Be safe, take care of yourselves, and we will talk to you tomorrow.