Speaker 1: Alright, We're good.
Speaker 2: You like.
Speaker 3: Busting with the boss, hanging with the bell betting on the game, No woman's gonna tell us.
Speaker 4: Would not be.
Speaker 5: We're here.
Speaker 3: Just drinking beer and making that baby.
Speaker 4: I'm hanging with.
Speaker 3: The Fellers, Busting with the boys.
Speaker 4: Brow we rolling, ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to a fresh new episode of Busting with the Boys. If you're joining us today. We're just two days removed from the University of Michigan just dominating Ohio State twenty one point underdogs. But one team that's never done is the Chevy team. Dude been to This podcast is presented by our good friends at Chevy. There's a reason why I've never done a tier talk for best Trucks, and that's because Busting with the Boys there's only one pickup truck, the Chevy Silverado. Why is that? Silverado is a partner, a partner you can depend on. We've all spent time driving and using a Silverado for all kinds of adventures and other shenanigans. Silverado was a partner with us on Spring Tour and on Fall Tour and god willing on Spring Tour this next following year. Silverado is a Silverado brings a grit to legendary grit paired with a modern truck tech inside and how massive screens up to eight cameras of fourteen different views to help make driving, towing, and parking all easier. We love that bold, blacked out look of the new Silverado HD Trail Boss. There's a reason Chevy is the most awarded brand for new vehicle quality over the last three years. According to JD Power. Will Compton has himself as ZR two. He looks fantastic every time he drives it.
Speaker 6: Lay It's actually it's on its way right now. Jared's driving it right now to pick up our guest Chaining Crowder because he will be joining us on the bus for fantastic, magnificent episode fantastic.
Speaker 4: So when this pot cast is over, go ahead and head over to Chevy dot com and build your own Silverado or Silverado HD and check out all the current offers on Silverado. Discover a world of straight had capability, all behind the wheel of our favorite truck to Chevy Silverado. Chevrolet received the highest total number of awards compared to all of the brands in the JD Power twenty twenty two through twenty twenty four US initial quality studies. Visit jdpower dot com for its Less Awards for more details. Awards based on twenty twenty two through twenty twenty four.
Speaker 6: Game sucks, Game God, what ey weekend? Boys, dude, A massive chaotic weekend?
Speaker 4: Chaotic? Do we want to do? How do we want to do?
Speaker 7: This?
Speaker 4: Because I got I got g over here his boys one. I got Jack over here, his boys one. We'll talk about my mustache, Mitch day musta's got to get cut. Relax, Mitch mabe episode. By the way, Mitch, it looks really good. You look like a cop right now. You look really nice. You look really nice, does Mitch mustache? It's a it's an ode. It's a tip of the cap.
Speaker 2: It's one of those things where Taylor Taylor said, hey, you should do it because there always needs to be two mustaches on the bus, and I said, I'd step up. Yeah, But I do feel like I look like a cop.
Speaker 4: Like feel kind of cool. You feel kind of cool right now, don't you.
Speaker 2: I feel kind of weird, Yeah.
Speaker 4: But part of that weirdness is feeling cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 4: My college and super Troopers right now, there's no doubt about it, No doubt, college so strong.
Speaker 2: My college roommate called me, He's like, Yo, it looks like you have a sticker on your lip.
Speaker 4: Hey, that's the hell of a compliment. More compliments to be given. JP Hovey his boys walk into Clemson and put bell to ask kid, how are we feeling right now? We wish it was by more, no doubt. So did my Draftking sportsbook wish is that too.
Speaker 7: But I think the whole country does feel like South Carolina is one of the twelve best teams in college football, and there's a lot of talk out there. I know we'll probably get to it. I don't know when we're gonna get to it, but it seems like the three teams battlings for a spot are South Carolina, Alabama, and Old Men. Now, if Clemson beats s m U, I promise you there may be a bomb threat on that first stadium. J maybe Terris Soil podcast that has fun, Yes, a truth a truth bomb, a truth bomb because somebody would need to be there to let everybody know that this is the fakest game you're If you want to ruin the Calle Football Playoff, put Clemson in it.
Speaker 4: Put Clemson in it. But also, if you're gonna put Clemson, you have to put the game Cocks.
Speaker 1: In and then match us up first round.
Speaker 4: Have to have to.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I mean, we're feeling amazing.
Speaker 6: There was I made a nice play on the drafting sports book gap over the weekend, and it was when the game Cocks. The game Cocks are playing against Clemson, and when Vandy was playing against Tennessee. I put a thousand on Michigan, not the money line. I wish I would have did. I wish I would have. Hey, I appreciate you doing that. Yeah, I appreciate you. I'm sitting there, I'm like, man, because I even took it. These were all live too, and Michigan was down to plus fourteen and a half, but you guys were up, and I'm like, I bet they they're gonna cover this. Who knows if they win, but I know they're gonna cover. But I parlayed the game Cocks when they were down to Clemson with the money line of Tennessee when they were down to Vandy and ended up coming out with nice bro they were down to Vandy, what was that score? Seventeen? Oh seventeen? Oh yeah, you guys do the Clemson by a touchdown?
Speaker 1: Touchdown?
Speaker 6: Money line on both it was there's a big run. Yeah, forget what the plus I was were maybe three hundred four, I can't remember, but I came out night would you would you put on it five hundred?
Speaker 4: I know when those bets hit, you're only going to wish is a bet more, dude, because I lost so much. I know, legit on Monday. So on Monday when you and I were flying to Chicago and we were putting in those bets, when we basically touched ourselves into there's no way Nebraska loses to Iowa. Yeah, that's a money line pick all the way. We bet that, And I literally remember I thought in my head, I bet Michigan was a minus or plus twenty one and a half. I thought I bet that, And then at Friday night I look at it. I was like, I took a Michigan money line one thousand money line. It was like plus nine hundred or something like that. So all plus one thousand because I end up winning ten thousand, five hundred dollars on that, dude. It's just fucking beautiful. And here, do you mind if I just have a moment, go ahead. The last four years we've beaten, We've put belt the ass at South Carolina likes to stay to Ohio State. Every year has been more and more special. This year is the best year. This win is the best win. A year that we lose eighteen guys to the draft, a year that during the transfer portal the big cushion time, JJ McCarthy is deciding if he's going to leave. Harball is deciding if he's going to leave the country is saying that Michigan cheated and that's why they beat Ohio State. That's why they won the national championship. We go into this year and we find out that we into our setting system and we turned off the forward pass. We turned it off. We decided we're gonna We're gonna go back to offense a linement, blocking with their elbows, and we're just gonna have a fun time running the ball and hoping for the best. We are scratching and clowing our way to six and five. Before the game, everybody and their mother said we're gonna lose. Everyone on the panel for College Game Day, one guy says Michigan obviously Desmen Howard On the panel for Fox, their big noon kickoff thing. The only there's only one guy that says missions win. It's Charles Woodson. There's not anybody in the world that thinks Michigan, the Amazing Blue with throwing power turned off, is going to win that game. Our quarterback threw for sixty yards and two interceptions. Our quarterback through for sixty yards and two interceptions. If I were to tell you that was going to be the stat line of the Michigan quarterback, you would say, okay, Ohio State won the game by fifty points. Then by fifty we are in the red zone. We have two interceptions in the red zone to put points on the board. We make a fifty four yard field goal at the end. So twenty twenty one, we look back at twenty twenty one, it's in ann Arbor. We end up winning the whole thing for the Columbus Ohio fan base that that fan base says, Hey, we're just glad the rivalry's back. We're just happy that, you know, it's a little bit more competitive. Now. Twenty twenty two, we do it in Columbus, We're like, well, something's up. Twenty twenty three happens all of a sudden Connis Downing's like, okay, that's why twenty twenty two happened and twenty twenty three happened. What are you guys gonna say now? What is Ohio State going?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 4: I'm looking at you missed by talking to the world. What is what is hold on? Let me just let me just let me just let me just Ohio State. What are your fans saying now? When you spend twenty million dollars in the NIL collective with the sole purpose and goal of beat Michigan, win a Big Ten championship, win a national championship. With Ryan Day, you spend every dollar you can to make sure you get the players in there that are going to be able to be a what we knew was going to be a bad or lesser than Michigan football team that we've seen in years past. And I'll have one thank you, and that is to Ryan Day, because there is a book we need to send him. Will put me on. It's by Ryan Holliday. It's called Ego is the Enemy. You have the perimeter players, you have the defense, your defense stood up. You have the perimeter players, where if you just threw bubble screens that whole entire game or short route short slants. You win that game by double digits. You have better players on the field. You chose to take your ego and look at our two best players. Mind you, by the way, our two best players aren't actually playing on offensive defense. Johnson our corner and then Colston Lovelin are tight end for offense. Who is our only really receiving threat the entire year? They yeah, he has double the amount of catches from the next receiver. Thank you, Jack. They're not playing, And you choose to go at Kenneth Grant and Mason Graham. Try to run the ball of the middle. You're ran the ball seventeen times up the middle for thirty four yards. Seventeen of those came on one run late in the third quarter. You chose to make it about grit. You chose to make it about blue collar football, and you fucked around and you found out. Now you're a coach that goes ten and two, eleven and one every single year. But when the Mazon Blue is in front of your face, you quiver and you shit yourself. And now you have Ohio State fans calling for your head. With double digit wins every year, My hope is that they keep them. My thought is Michigan yet again gets rid of another coach at a dominant program. Thank you, thank you Ryan Day for letting your ego get in the way and allowing the Mazon Blue to win this game. That's all I have to say about that. I love it. Oh one more, one more note, one more note, one more note. Michigan hasn't punted in the fourth quarters in twenty nineteen. Go ahead, Mitch.
Speaker 2: That is a wild stat.
Speaker 4: Wild stat. Coop said that to me, Am I driving.
Speaker 2: We just got out coached, out coached.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I'll play it out coach.
Speaker 2: I mean the coaches put them in the in this, uh the scenario to get out played like they weren't. They weren't getting a Mecca Buka of the ball. They weren't getting Jeremiah Smith the ball. I mean Will Johnson is not playing, so he, like Jeremiah Smith, should should have went off.
Speaker 4: Off he hearn be targets he got in the second half. One.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like you're your two best players, like, yeah, Trayvon Henderson and quinch Down Judkins, they're really good as well. But like you said, your interior d line is unreal.
Speaker 4: And your offensive lines is hurt and you're trying to run the ball at the middle exactly.
Speaker 6: And then they're trying to fight after the game when they couldn't win the fight in between the sixty minutes.
Speaker 4: That, yeah, that was out of pocket. Well what happened? What was out of pocket?
Speaker 2: The uh, the fight at the end of the game. I respect the like playing in the flag and everything, the rivalry.
Speaker 4: You go into someone you this is a game of risk. You go into someone's territory, you take over their village, you take their women, you take their alcohol, and you plant your flag. That's that's that's the game of risk we're playing, right.
Speaker 2: Do I think the pepper spray and ship should have been brought out?
Speaker 6: And here's Ryan standing there while it's all going down. Bitch moved if you want either either keet your boys under control or throw hands with them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you see Sharon Moore. Sharon Moore is in there pulling his guys off, saying chill, chill, stop. And there's a perfect video of Ryan Day's sad little face looking gloom as if his whole world is truly truly falling through his fingertips, and he looks at his sist. Coach goes what happened. It's like, bro, it doesn't matter what happened. You see your boys acting crazy out there. Michigan too, Like this is not like Ohio State was just in the wrong, Like there were there were bows thrown on both ends, but more than that. If you're Fox, if you're a CBS, if you're a AND, you're gonna sit on a panel and be like, this is discussing now we have to talk about Instead of talking about Michigan rushing for one hundred and twenty five yards, we're gonna talk about the fight. Then don't play it in the promo leading up to the game, because if you're a casual fan that doesn't necessarily care about Ohio State or Michigan, you're not gonna watch a six and five Michigan team play ten and two House or a ten and one Ohio State team. You're not gonna do that. What gets people to the game is watching in the eighties Ohio State running out of Michigan's tunnel, taking the banner and ripping it down. They're watching guys fish each other, Coney furniture, people getting fight, little kids giving the bird to players. That is the storyline. That is the WWE that makes college football so fucking beautiful. That we get the territory, we're fighting for the state. All of these things make it make it where we're like, Okay, I want to invest my time and my eyeballs into this game. That's why you do it. So the pepper spray wild insane. That is just that's crazy. Planning the flag, dude, you lost, It is what it is.
Speaker 7: I do.
Speaker 4: I want to say. I feel bad for Jack Sawyer. That's the linebacker, the white linebacker who actually bailed in that zone and Davis Warren gave up Warren Davis gave up the worst interception I've ever seen thrown in my entire life. It is. It was awful. This kid is born in Columbus, Ohio, grew up an Ohio State fan. He is crying on the field, ripping the Michigan flag away, screaming while Ryan Da just looks around with this poudy face. That's the type of dude that you're like, yeah, I know it's a rivalry, but I'm like, I feel bad for him because I went one in three against Ohio State. I know what it's like. To think, Hey, this is all we have, this is everything, and then it gets taken away from you. I grew up in Arizona. I didn't grow up in the middle of this. I was brought into it at seventeen years old. This kid's lived his whole life. So I do feel bad for Jack Sawyer or is it Jet Yeah.
Speaker 2: On the equipment manager they said, like the Jack Sawy are ripping the flag away from him. That was Jason Levon. Well for real, we met him a couple of when we went last year and when we went to the Nebraska game there. He's like a Michigan like legend Eagles guy like he does like the sideline reporting and stuff.
Speaker 4: Poor Jack Sawyer Man. What a game though, And also I want to say that the uh SO Michigan, Michigan State and Michigan Ohio State, their equipment managers. They play a game the night before. Michigan also won that as well. So let's give a round of a coast people. The guys in Michigan equipment shout out. The equipment guys in Michigan sent them a juicy little video to a little one minute piece just hyping the boys up the day before. What a game, dude.
Speaker 6: When I saw that you guys were gonna win that game, I'm just sitting there grinning ere ere like the chaos that is going to ensue, Like obviously on the field, but even on social media, like you got Dave and big a f Dave's jumping in the water being like all my phone doesn't work before the game. Happy, happy for you guys because you true underdogs, like twenty one point underdogs.
Speaker 4: Where the line was it was the biggest spread in that game's history is twenty one points, and.
Speaker 6: It's everything that you love about college football, especially at this moment in time, Like again, you got you got the rivalry game with South Carolina Clemson happening, you got all of this chaos ensuing with the college football playoff, like that couldn't have win any better and it was nuts, bro, Like the fact that you guys upset Ohio State is all.
Speaker 4: Time insane and literally, I I mean I did a little halftime update and it was ten ten. But even in my head at that moment, I was like, Bro, they're gone up. It's not if it's win, it's when they're just gonna be able to be like, Yo, you guys realize we have the best players, right, We're just gonna throw it out right, Bro, the game is not played on paper. And honestly, I don't know if this is just how my Michigan brain was working, but when I was watching the pregame warm ups, how State looked a little tight, like they knew they had everything to lose. And Michigan when they see them walking out of the tunnel. Donovan Edwards, which by the way, I think he's a stained kne injury. Hopefully he's all right. When they're walking out there is that Ay, we've been here before and we've done this before. Regardless of all the chip stacked against us, vibe and it was. It was the proudest moment I mean, I've ever had from a Missigan being a part of Michigan, any of the games that I won, any of the games that I played in that one. Watching that, I mean, even from my house in Nashville, I was like, Bro, this is incredible.
Speaker 6: Obviously, like you guys won the National time I went undefeated last year, all those games I'm sure were awesome just to see, especially when hardball goes out you're winning after they're trying to take the best piece away from you. So you're having fun and enjoying those games. But this win that you guys just had has to be like right up there, because truly it's like, yeah, you're going into it twenty one whatever, that's a great bet because they're probably gonna cover. But you guys were up. You guys beat them one physically. There was a moment where it's like, who's trying to lose this game? Because everybody's in the red zone just throwing in interceptions.
Speaker 4: We literally go for a fourth and one in this in the second quarter, don't get it. Two plays later they throw a pick and we end up scoring. Yeah, it's just it's crazy. Dude. Jack Sore makes that interception in the end zone. They get upo the twenty five yard line, they ran it stuffed, they threw a ball to the flat drop, and then they ran it on third and ten. They didn't They didn't get a first down in the fourth quarter. They did not get a first down in the fourth quarter. Yeah, with our best player not playing, it's just it's just it's nuts. Due minutes.
Speaker 6: Here's a question, do you guys move on from Ryan Day?
Speaker 4: That's what souse.
Speaker 6: Here's what's crazy is they're gonna get in the playoff. What if they happened to win at all, that would be insane.
Speaker 4: It's the only thing they can save him. I mean, I don't maybe getting to the national title would save him.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like the same thing with Penn State and James Franklin, Like you're not guaranteed it, then win season, but like you're not gonna win the big games with him, Like you're gonna we'll probably will probably still make the playoff. You guys will make the playoff, win the first game, and then I don't know whatever it is that who we were.
Speaker 4: I think of shadow, there's not a snowballs chance in the hell Ohio State walks into Neeland Stadium and here's that noise and is able to operate.
Speaker 2: Well, I didn't, I didn't. I don't like. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: They're not going to be able to operate in there.
Speaker 2: That's what I thought we were gonna be seven. But I don't know.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, you guys will d You guys are gonna bump up again too when Oregon beats the ship out of Penn State and.
Speaker 2: Then But to answer your question, I don't think we will, but I don't think he will. He's got to like win it all to I.
Speaker 6: Think you just got to get to the Natty. You get to the Natty and lose. You made to the National Title Game, but yeah, you're still gonna have that stigma of you can't beat Michigan.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 6: I'm like, even though he wasn't, You're sitting there, You're like, hey, bro, you're the leader of the team. You got to get all your boys crowd and get back to the locker room.
Speaker 4: The part of me I felt I felt bad.
Speaker 6: I felt for him because he's standing there just in bizarre where like he's thinking, I can't.
Speaker 4: Dude, it's like a it's like a flash grenade went off, and he was just like it was all the.
Speaker 6: Everything that they've tried doing to ultimately just beat the one team that they want to beat his Michigan, and he can't do it. And he's sitting there like, we have everything to win this game, right, we have every weapon, every tool, we have all of it, and we still can't pull this off. Since he's just standing there like he couldn't believe.
Speaker 4: Since since Ryan Day has sat in front of an arena and said we're gonna put one hundred on Michigan. It's been four years he has not scored one hundred points and they have all been losses. There was this meme.
Speaker 6: Video going around to where when uh urban Meyer like passed the sticks to him or passed the baton to him in the video game, and then it goes into just him driving the bus on like Grand Theft auto, like off of the cliff.
Speaker 4: I mean, dude, there is a piece of me that does feel I do feel bad.
Speaker 6: For him, like we have to sit down with him in a space. Everybody scream get the players off the field, and he's just standing there. I'm thinking to myself, like, yeah, bro, he.
Speaker 4: Just he can't believe.
Speaker 7: Dude.
Speaker 6: Seems like in probably in denial standing there.
Speaker 4: Seeing Jack Sawyer screamed, they're not gonna playt the field the flag on our field while equipment guy's literally holding him back. He's got tears in his house and he's got the shoulders just like you can just look at him like he has no idea what to do, and he had. There was Ohio State players that used to play from that. We're putting out tweets like y'all gonna think I'm hating. But when we were down to Alabama, he didn't even come in the room. He went to his office and just wrote notes and then yelled at us when we went outside. They're playing Alabama like I went down a little rabbit hole.
Speaker 6: Not gonna play the flag. They're not gonna do it again. It's like the village is burning. We have to get out of here. We have to go. There's no saving anybody anymore. Go.
Speaker 4: We gotta go. And dude, if you, if you, this is like your shot to be Michigan, Like that was that was it? Bro was the amount of money that's coming in that also I've heard about coming. We got this quarterback coming, but we we're gonna go get a quarterback in the transfer portal. They're talking about spending more than Ohio State spent last year.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I want to say, you guys per player top five right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's about to get a whole lot crazier. It's about to get a whole lot crazy. That was your time, that was your chance to right the wrongs. Is it a rivalry anymore? I don't even know.
Speaker 2: I mean, is it it's definitely still is it.
Speaker 4: Though we were four in a row twice in your house?
Speaker 6: Geh? Is it?
Speaker 4: Like, dude, you guys congrats, you guys had the tens. You had to do that, but like not this decade. I haven't done it this decade.
Speaker 2: It's just nuts, dude.
Speaker 4: I went down. I went down a little rabbit hole of like like local like Ohio State fan podcasts. They're like, he's got to go unless he wins a national championship. We're talking, We're really talking about a coach who just is going to get a bid into the twelve team college football Playoff. He's his team has been the favorite to win the national championship since before the season, and they are in the College World Playoff and they're saying, unless he wins it, he has got to go. There's there's one. There's one coach for a Hoose State. His last name's Cooper. I can't remember his first name. He would do the same thing. He'd have nine, ten, eleven win seasons every year, but he couldn't beat Michigan. And they just gave him a pat and said, bring your playbook. We gotta we gotta beat them. We gotta beat these guys. Yeah, what a fucking day. Man. It's it's crazy. I know my mustache is gone. I know that Jack is gonna fucking shave it up.
Speaker 6: He chuckling the whole time you're giving that speech, and I'm just thinking to myself, Man, I wish he had that mustache shaved. Dude, somebody who was loving it. Calm accord, Yeah, you see this postgame post company. Yes, dude, h hitting the Drew lock, hitting the Drew lock, second coming of Drew lock in the locker room, crushed it, bro and upsetting upsetting Miami, which ultimately hopefully plays into the favor of like South Carolina trying to get into this college will playoff and there's so much there's so many different variables.
Speaker 4: Man, I love it. I know I started. I started to watch some stuff too on on South Carolina, and there are chances to get in. It seems like of the three that are fighting for they are the team that is unfortunately going to be like not allowed in because you lost Ole Miss, right, lost Ole Miss, obviously lost to Alabama, but you guys win six straight. Like you're talking, if there's lots of different ways to look at it, do you look at straight up head to heads or do you look at who's the hot team right now that can make the best run, Because there's an argument. I don't know remember who I was listening to, but they were saying the argument really is is like Texas is the best team in the SEC, and then it's South Carolina right now, that's the next thing team.
Speaker 6: There's a team if I had to play.
Speaker 4: That's that's what they were saying on the thing.
Speaker 6: Well, Tennessee, you guys are going to get in areas.
Speaker 1: Put the gun down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you guys.
Speaker 6: I think if any three win team out of the SEC teams who have the three win it's gonna to meet. Yeah, three losses, it's a battle more so out of South Carolina and.
Speaker 4: Old Miss than it is Alabama. I disagree. I disagree. And what do you think Alabama is the odd man out?
Speaker 6: I think Alabama is based on resume because you look at the head to head Bama got them by two points. Ole Miss beat South Carolina pretty handily, and.
Speaker 8: Who also beat Georgia who we also beat.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but again, you look at your guys. The last six games, you guys have dropped games you should not have dropped. You have zero business dropping like, if you're a championship football team, it's you don't beat yourselves, and you guys lost to Vandy. You guys got handled by Oklahoma, two teams that South Carolina handled. So if you just look at since that game of you guys edged them out by two points, I think that's where they're South Carolina's resume right now. If you're trying to get the best teams in the college football playoff, I think that's where they have the edge over Alabama, even though you guys do have them in the head. When you look at Ole Miss again, you don't want to beat yourselves. Late in the season, they dropped the game against Florida, who's a seven and five sec team. But if you look at Florida being a seven and five sec being a seven to five team record team, Florida's spicy. Like Florida is actually a quality opponent. They've had one of the hardest schedules throughout the entire year. They're obviously a way better football team than that quarterback Lagway when DJ Lagway is playing. So that's one where it's like, even though I'm probably going to carry the flag for a South Carolina because I love Beamer, and I think they are playing their best ball right now, but ole Miss, to me, has the next best resume. I think it's gonna to me if I was, if I was on the committee, I'll be choosing out of Ole Miss in South Carolina versus Bama just because you guys drop two games that you just should not have dropped.
Speaker 4: I don't disagree with what you're saying, but I think that A holds more weight right now just because of the last twenty years, and I think that I think the Committee's gonna look at that.
Speaker 6: But I agree with that yourself. I lay suck.
Speaker 4: That does suck.
Speaker 8: It's what you're saying it's going to be. Are they favoring who has the hot hand or the head to head and we're gonna find like that's the only.
Speaker 4: Cause I think twelve teams. You can be the best team in the country in September, but really, how do you play in middle middle of October through November. That's to me is a championship football.
Speaker 8: Well, that's that's what's gonna be champ between when it used to be four because last year who has the hot hand favored US over Florida State, Like that's how it favored we lost Texas won out won that C championship against Georgia. Yeah, are they Are they gonna.
Speaker 4: Tell any of this that these boys right here talk about a team being hot right now?
Speaker 8: Are they going to have that same argument for the last spot out of twelve?
Speaker 4: Say that again?
Speaker 8: So, like I was saying last year, the Bama argument to get in was went out after the Texas Aus win that CE Championship over Georgia, who hasn't lost in fucking right seven.
Speaker 6: They were going for right, I think they had the record for most consecutive wins.
Speaker 8: Right, So that was the argument to get in last year for a four team. Do you keep that same argument for the twelfth team, like the very last spot in out of twelve teams? Or is it head to head?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 6: If it's head to the head, that's where you guys just unfortunately are. But if you're going into finishing strong right in the back half of the year, that's where it's like you gotta really.
Speaker 8: Look at you, South Carolina to the point of twelve best teams, I think, like I think, where a team like South Carolina gets screwed is who do you think wins over Arizona State and US like South Carolina.
Speaker 4: That's a shootout, you think, so, I mean the value unless the game gets played.
Speaker 6: I think it's easy to be like all South Carolina, but you can't.
Speaker 8: Just it's the guaranteed bids that I think kind of.
Speaker 4: Inspired football inspired forty nine to seven against the Arrival.
Speaker 6: Here.
Speaker 8: The thing too, while the iron's hot for South Carolina, how long do we have until they play that first playoff game? What if that iron gets cold? Same thing for Alabama. The iron is wishy washy. You have time to prep.
Speaker 4: And then that's that'd be a great argument if it was three out and sixty five days ago and your head coach is Nick say, but we don't know what the boar and well prep looks like.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I tell us you stadium was empty start of the fourth quarter.
Speaker 4: Well they look at the bors.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's got an incredible resist.
Speaker 4: Sark like, Yeah.
Speaker 8: I think it just depends.
Speaker 6: I think the value will be on fire if BAMA gets in over Ole Miss and South Carolina, just because I feel like a South Carolina. I feel like it's more of a people's team right now. But again, it's like if you look at losing late in the year Ole Missus losses to Florida, and that Florida team is honestly pretty good and they're gonna be very good in the future.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you this, well, do you is now? Yeah, I don't. I don't disagree with what you're saying. But as South Carolina the people's team, or is just the bubble we're living in, we're just stoked for JP could.
Speaker 6: Be that mean my algorithm could be tailored more towards the sun, no.
Speaker 8: Doubt time South Carolina.
Speaker 4: But I think when you when.
Speaker 6: You look at I forget the stat that I put up on my tweet yesterday, but you look at the losses that Alabama had two common opponents, it was like Alabama lost, like I'm just guessing right here, like seventy to sixty, and South Carolina handles those teams like sixty to twenty, right, you know what I mean? So if you're just you're just looking at that back half since like you were saying, Taylor mid October other games too, like.
Speaker 4: It's hard to if.
Speaker 6: You for sure you guys killed, Yeah, you guys murdered Massou that's a fair point. And but you guys both got doves and if you look at the head, you guys got them by two points. If you watch the Alabama, uh South Carolina game, it came down to one or two plays. You got teams that are pretty equal. If you man that that LSU game, Bro, that's I mean your quarterback Sellers goes down in that game, and you're still getting screwed by the referees. Like if anybody's truly looking at it, it's like that's a game that should have been a w for you guys. There's none of that conversation. You guys are a two lost SECS team. I don't maybe even playing for the SECS. I don't have no clue, but at least you're gonna be in it.
Speaker 8: Honestly, what they should do is put both teams in.
Speaker 4: Well, how are you gonna do five teams? Yeah, how do you leave that old Miss?
Speaker 6: Then you're gonna have I mean Old Miss is still a good three loss team who handled we handled their business.
Speaker 8: Over We would have more that overall Miss. And then it comes down to what y'all are saying, like the people's scheme South Carolina.
Speaker 6: Yeah, a good point on the whole algorithm, because yeah, I could be in the in the I mean, look at JP, he's wearing a Jersey's good point.
Speaker 4: Yeah the algorithm definitely, Yeah, yeah, Jack, you guys are definitely gonna get up to five.
Speaker 6: Because Tennessee because they got to play, and then yeah, Georgia head Texas and then they'res Schirm's favreite team.
Speaker 4: At four. Notre Dame come on, hey, I Notre Dame can make some noise, man.
Speaker 6: They you know, they have a solid defense, bro, they have a good line of scrimmage.
Speaker 9: One one quick point that I think is a good way to see, like how this committee, because it is a different committee each year, how they will grade something that they call the eye test, which is truly just the blue blood test in my opinion, because they'll sit there and they go, wow, Bama passes the eye test. South Carolina doesn't really pass the eye test, and it's like.
Speaker 4: What does that mean? Yeah, it's kind of bullshit.
Speaker 9: And you see in the apeopole they have Ohio State at seven and their two loss, so they're above a one loss Indiana obviously they beat them. They're over a one loss SMU and one loss Boise State.
Speaker 4: Boise State has.
Speaker 9: A common opponent with or a common loss with Ohio State. Why is Ohio State a two loss with the same common opponent for one of those losses over Boise Well, strength.
Speaker 4: To schedule, blah blah blah.
Speaker 9: Well, it's just because it's Ohio State. You flip those logos, it's a completely different story. So I in the ap Ohio State didn't drop enough in my opinion for me to think that if the committee votes the same way, I think that some of these three loss, two loss they're gonna get screwed like a South Carolina.
Speaker 6: That's with everybody, though, you know, at least everyone you know BAM has lost three games and they're sitting there at eleven. You drop a bad one against Oklahoma. They didn't fall too far. They fell enough to where they can still be considered. It's like Ohia State was number two. They were number two, right, Yeah, number two team.
Speaker 4: In the country.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you lose a very bad game to a five loss to a five loss Michigan team.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for sure they are bad football team.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Oklahoma's what's.
Speaker 4: For sixty yards? For sixty yards?
Speaker 6: And unfortunately, it's like just the world we live in. Because I still feel like Boise State as much as they're going to earn their way into the Coastwoll Playoff. I do think they get beat pretty handily in the first round because you what time will tell Country is awesome again, they're they're a favorite just because they're like an outside outside of the Power for.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and it makes me want to throw up at my mouth saying this, But like SMU is getting slept on so hard. If you do look at their schedule, if you do look at their only loss being that away game to a good b YU team.
Speaker 6: Earlier in the year, it was super close.
Speaker 9: They probably should have won it.
Speaker 4: They're sitting at eight. That's crazy.
Speaker 6: But at the end of the day, they win their conference championship, they're gonna be They'll see they're going to get a bye week, right, So that's what they're gonna get.
Speaker 4: The power the power for Conso, so let's just say s m U Texas Oregon, and then who would be But it's Arizona State in Arizona State.
Speaker 9: But it's not Taylor, it's not the Power for. It's the top four ranked conference champions. So Arizona State could be number eleven and the CFP at the end of the of the season Boise State could be number ten. Boise State would get that four seat over Arizona.
Speaker 4: Because right now they're ranked higher. Gotcha, which is crazy? This weekend?
Speaker 9: Oh you n LD they have un l V Yeah, yeah, who's that they are ranked though there number like eighteen or nineteen.
Speaker 4: I believe Arizona State play in Colorado did b YU win?
Speaker 6: So they're playing Iowa State because there's.
Speaker 4: A lot of parameters, a lot going on.
Speaker 9: West Virginia had to lose and there was.
Speaker 6: One other game because Colorado was close to getting back championship that had been I know it had been crazy.
Speaker 4: Crazy that tweet. That tweet would now be back in the draft.
Speaker 6: There's no I mean, yeah, I would stand on ship like that. But the way we lost, bro.
Speaker 4: Yeah, do you do you want to talk about that? Like I didn't want to really bring it up. I do want to talk about Oregon and Penn State too, how that outcome is going to be. But doan do that first? Well, you got your thoughts and there's not a whole lot to it. You didn't deserve it. When you're not in.
Speaker 6: The college ball playoff, what is there to play for? I think we didn't really care playing against Iowa.
Speaker 4: But that's that's projected. Yeah, that's that's projecting. That's why I need something.
Speaker 6: But you talk about rivalry, it's like I hear you talking about we went four in a row, Is it even a rivalry. I will conclaim the exact same thing on us. They're nine and one in the last ten years on us. Yeah, people talk about the bow Polini curse. I've been seeing tweets like bo had a comment like, all right, they'll see what the world's like without me and shit like that. And they've brought out all the stats that just go against like I was since yeah Ioa, since then's nine to one. The record's like eighty something and thirty in to ours, which is bad. And then it's like Nebrassa's went through three head coaches, I always still had the same head coach. It's it's not good man, it's not good god. And it sucks, bro, Like it sucks. Yeah, it's it's painful. It's painful knowing that we were the more physical team.
Speaker 4: We had.
Speaker 6: We had all the plays there, Bro, we had twenty first downs of their five, and this team beats us of a crucial call that could have honestly went either way. I think we just they They talked about us touching the ball in that punt, and so they got the ball in like the five yard line. So we hold them the three and out, like they don't really move the ball on us. We hold them the three and out. They get a field goal. Okay, it's ten to three. Then the next drive, we have very poor tackling bullock who's are one of our maybe our best linebacker run around, puts his face on people, really good player, they can't bring down their running back, and he goes for on a pass play. He goes for like seventy three, which is like half of the passing yards for their entire Like they're half of their total yardage on.
Speaker 4: The game, more than Michigan through four. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Bro, And then all of a sudden it's ten to ten, and then we have the ball going. We can drive to go win this game, bro, like being in a tie ball game against Iowa. Once again, it's always a field goal game with these motherfuckers. We can go on to drive and like you know, dealing I think you tweeted Dylan in Rail or Legacy drive and for them to get a strip sack in our territory and be right there to kick a Fie.
Speaker 4: Felt so sick for that right tackle three plays.
Speaker 6: Bro, that just lost us that game when we had all the stats dealing hits nine different cats, Like we're moving the ball at times once we get in the red zone or the fringe, we can't see him. We have to ultimately pun on like the fifty yard line to control field position because they can't move the ball on us, and we just we can't win the game.
Speaker 4: Bro, I'm hurt.
Speaker 6: I'm hurt.
Speaker 4: You want to know the good news. I'm hurt. Man. You guys are going to a ball game. Man, I know you've got that. And regardless of how the season ended and how you feel like you guys have achieved something this year that you haven't seen in the past. So like, at the end of the day, you have you can look at that and be like, hey, we had a successful season. From the sense that we got this now out out of the way. That pain me so.
Speaker 10: But Bro, in the conversation, I know where we were, Oh, we were in Detroit. We were in Detroit at that burger.
Speaker 6: My head away because I'm starting to get triggered, and Bro.
Speaker 4: I'm not even I'm not even saying this to come at you. I'm literally telling you this, like, even though this didn't go exactly how you wanted to go, it's still a successful season because you guys got something out of the way that's been haunting Nebraska for so long, and Nebraska fans are legit coming coming at me. The thing I was being facetious about the way I was sound about Nebraska to deserve it. You guys deserve to win that game. But you know what the thing is, for the first time in a long time, your season is not over that the Iole game. It's not over. Yeah, and you know the good news is your floor next year is seven and five.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Maybe you weren't right, but me and Taylor were.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna.
Speaker 7: Called that straight up, Like, bro, both six wins is a great season.
Speaker 4: And that's what you have to be excited about. What I'm gonna call for if we go six and six. But no, bro, it's all.
Speaker 1: It's something to build on.
Speaker 4: We got an ad read.
Speaker 6: I need someone needs some water right now. I need it because I have some silver lining.
Speaker 4: Number one. It's not a successful season, yes, but I do I have some silver Lining. Please just read the body off all right. This episode is brought to you by body Armor Sports Drink, real hydration, real ingredients, packed with electrolytes, vitamins, and nothing artificial. Body Armor Sports Drinks has has great tasting flavors like strawberry banana or orange mango. Me personally, I'm a big fan of this orange boy right here. It's delicious. It tastes awesome. Plenty of electro lights in that thing. Get yours today at Walmart or at a local grocery store near you. Body Armor, I'm gonna sip with that right now. Let's all sit back and enjoy another segment of silver Lining.
Speaker 6: Lily No, just speaking, building on the six one season and going Bowl eligible. The biggest positive to take away from this is we're gonna get to have Bowl practices, which is really I think gonna help the team because we haven't sniffed bullpri You know how it is. You're you're not excited to coaches are gonna run you into the ground a little bit more. You're gonna focus on fundamentals and technique, something that we haven't had in what eight eight nine years something like that, which is a positive because you don't have to wait what is it, six months, five six months until spring practice to do it. You can kind of have your bowl practices. You can prep for the future a little bit more, you know, get into.
Speaker 4: Early and rollies come in and they get to practice, get their feet a little way.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 6: So I think boll practices are really gonna help us because we haven't sniffed that in a long time to go into spring ball and just continue to build off that. But ultimately it's like and then, hey, go win a bowl game. Try to get a winning season out of this thing. Try to go seven and six, because again, if we lose this bowl game, you're six and seven, another fucking losing season, which is brutal. And I do I still believe Rule is the guy. I think Rule is the guy.
Speaker 4: I don't think that's in question. Some people bring it up. That's crazy. That's just to.
Speaker 6: Say, like, I still think Rules the guy. I think there were some improvements. I think cultural clure wiser some improvements. If you watch all these games, like the players, they play for each other, they play for their staff. They're always out there defending their coaches in any press conference that they're in, Like this is This isn't like we're taking a step back. It's just it wasn't a year that we expected it to be, especially if you come out of the gate and beat a team like Colorado, and like, obviously if they were to happen to get into the Big twelve and they win, it's like, yeah, I can fuck around and play play off that. But the momentum that we had going into Colorado and walking away in the way everybody felt say, hey, we could have a ball club, we could have a team, just not get the wins. What pains me is not beating Iowa, obviously, but not beating teams like U C. L A and just dropping out crazy, like you can look at Illinois, like Illinois is a solid team. Love Bielma coming off the top for Lane Kiffin on Old Miss seeming like, hey, you want to go strinth to schedule. Ours is a tike ahead of yours were a three loss team.
Speaker 4: But yeah, bro, it sucks.
Speaker 6: It sucks. We're just gonna have to weather the storm. It's gonna make the story that much better.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Something that pains me is sitting in the locker room with the rule talking to the team after the Colorado game. Being like this is, this does not need to be our highlight of the year, and it is, which is unfortunate. It just is right.
Speaker 6: It is.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what how I feel about ball games. Don't fucking care at all. Bring on whoever, they can do what they want to us onward. Playing for a ring though, playing for a fuck that, we got the ring, playing for a ring, well ahead. But hey, music City, Music City Bowl. I think the two top contenders are in Nebraska and Michigan right now.
Speaker 6: Are we still condetors for Music City?
Speaker 4: I think so? Yeah, I think got to see. I think if you look at if you look at like, if you're just Nashville in general, like who's going to bring in bums and seats, Michigan and Nebraska are going to do that. That's what you want, yea. And hey, we get to go to that game, if one of our teams are in it, that's gonna be fun. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Oh if we get to play Vans watched the Iowa game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like watched it. I watched the whole thing. It was to play much money.
Speaker 6: We were driving to and we're hitting uh I forget his name, but eighteen they're over the middle he dropping.
Speaker 4: That ball, watch yourself saying that you remember the play I'm talking about. It's just like, fuck, man, come on, it sucks man. I mean we talked about Georgia Georgia Tech either eight overtimes crazy.
Speaker 6: Oh, but before we go to that too, like all the flag planning and everything else, and we got people bitching about not chicken hands before the coin toss.
Speaker 4: Did you see that island? Dude? I taketed true Friday. I thought y'all played on Saturday, and I would. I get on Twitter and I go, I see Will with this halftime update saying not even playing you know, can stop us? And I'm like, oh, fuck are they playing right now? Friday night? Lights? Man? That's wild playing.
Speaker 6: But yeah, afterwards the players are going talking about class list for not chicken hands before the coin toss.
Speaker 4: It's like, what are we fucking care? Nobody? That is the dumbest shit ever. Don't chickens. If your rivals make it brutal, make it fucking brutal, get into pushing and chovy match in the tunnel. That's fun. That's a good time to ship. You're a pussy, No, you're a pussy. Okay, let's go play the game.
Speaker 6: And did you see the clip where they were talking about rule walking in the middle of their pregame.
Speaker 4: Well, he's just power walking around in a circle.
Speaker 6: Or he's just doing his walks before nobody's on the field. No players are on the field talking about through a warm up.
Speaker 4: What are we talking about? That's crazy, that's dude. Iowa is such a.
Speaker 10: Whatever program to me, I know. And just George George Kittle sprinting. They go do the handshake after the game. It's like, Okay, that's corny, bro. Who uh Jiggins or whatever.
Speaker 4: He's talking about. Who Yeah, I think the linebacker for Iowa. Yeah, sprinting because he.
Speaker 6: Was the one after after the game talking about they didn't shake their hands before the game. They walked through a pre game or a pre game stuff where they're not.
Speaker 4: But that also, listen, that is corny as fuck. But that is also like the athlete, Like, that's the athlete. That's that's that's you being so zoomed in any any sort of disrespect. You're just playing up more in your head the Ohio athlete. Come on, now, you guys throwing belts on the yard line, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: You're watching all these rivalry games unfold. It's like, man, I want that so bad win to create more than chaos.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you want the chaos because it's.
Speaker 6: Like, hey, if if they don't shake your hand, you're thinking that yourself, Like I don't know if I've experienced somebody like being out there and they're not shaking hands. But it's like, all right, it's gonna be that kind of game.
Speaker 4: Bet Like, let's fuck.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's what you almost want to embrace in that back. Man, that's some that's some real classless stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah. The hands shakeout, no handshake back, go for the clap. I think that goes hard. Yeah. Oh, that's when Baker was doing the genital grab. He was in the little Good joint. Dude, Shout up Baker for starting that stuff. Shut up Baker for starting the flag plant. That was him, right, he started that at Ohio State. Wow, no fights that day.
Speaker 9: One interesting ripple is Nebraska could potentially be playing Texas Tech UH in their ball game, which is the head coach Joey McGuire is Matt Rules protege. So Matt Rule hired him out of high school football. He was a head head coach for high school football and Joey maguires now made this like huge rise to college football. It would be kind of fun to see Matt Roule versus Joey.
Speaker 6: McGuire Texas Tech huge rise to the college football you're a Texas Tech, we're gonna drag those well.
Speaker 4: He was. He was a dragon, he was a high school football coach.
Speaker 6: And we're gonna hold him underwater. All right, start it now.
Speaker 4: Now, let's holders on the sideline with the red ad there. That's what I'm talking about. You're sitting back. He heard I showed Tail that video and she looked away from it. She goes, oh, I actually thought that was you talking. For a second, I was like, Bro, I was dying that video was video. And then I'm dogging Taylor, Hey, hey give me you want me to.
Speaker 6: He's like, look at that boy, look at that spect man.
Speaker 4: He looked there. How do you do that? So you like, did us better than us? He did this better than us? But yeah, dude, Nebraska, let's dude, let's give a round of apause for Nebraska.
Speaker 6: No, no, you don't do that. Don't do that. No, because we lost, Bro, we just lost. Yeah, you had a successful season. I'm telling you, and listen, I get it.
Speaker 4: You're zoomed in. You're zoomed in.
Speaker 6: But as it's a standing body in the state of Nebraska, anxiety, that's what zoomed in.
Speaker 4: I get it, dude. Nebraska fans go so fucking hard. I love Lincoln, it's amazing. But when you're not the culture twenty four to seven, we've it'll zoom out. Get the lens away for a minute. You can look at me like, hey, Sis says successful JP. You said it, Taylor, Yeah, I said it. You did. And I will still sit here at the end of November and say congratulations. And next year when you's seven to five, I'm gonna be fucking stoked. It's gonna be awesome. Capitol one ball. And the next year after that we're going eight four. You guys are five years away from going whatever that number is, eleven and one.
Speaker 6: By that Yeah, the Matt rule resume. We go double digit in year three.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, but it's one to two. It was You're like.
Speaker 6: A one or two win team in year one, six or seven year win team in year two, and then double digit.
Speaker 4: So you jumped four. Yeah, you guys jumped one this year.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, he exceeded expectation last year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, shout out, Matt ruled. And I think it's crazy for Nebraska fans to be like Rules, not the guy. It's like, can you just fucking put the guns down for a minute. He is a leader, he's got great quotes, he's a good culture guy. Like that is just blasphemous to have the kind of conversation. Now we don't go seven five next year we have that.
Speaker 6: But Georgia Georgia Tech eight overtimes? Wow, insane? Get him out, bro. I know it was one of those things I wanted Georgia Tech to win, just to get them up out of the playoff. But you do look at Georgia schedule like they've had a juggernaut of a schedule.
Speaker 4: Hey, you know, Georgia fans are getting tight to because Ben Jones texted me, is like I can't handle the bus and slander on Georgia. I'm like, what are you talking about? And he showed the celebration of the Georgia Tech guy walking the dog. He goes you guys out here saying that, I go. You think I run our social media, But I remember when Georgia was like going back to back and we'd be in the locker room. I'd be like, Ben Yo, He's like, yeah, you know the dogs man. We just he was just always calmical, collected, kind of like g was with saving, just kind of like I was like.
Speaker 6: One of these teams are just gonna win it all?
Speaker 4: Bro, Yeah, Georgia, Oregon, Ohio State. I was gonna say it, probably Ohio State's losing to whoever they play by double. If you're building is broken, if they're broken, they are dismantled. They could not bet a six and five team that can't throw the ball. You're they are awful. They are so done culturally they have on themselves. They are done.
Speaker 6: If you are done, if you are in that building, this is one of those games you have to you have to throw away the tape as soon as possible, because, hey, guys, we're gonna get in the playoffs and everything we want is still there for us to go get.
Speaker 4: That's what a leader of men would say. Unfortunately they don't have that. No, no disrespect to Ryn, just been disrespecting the fuck out of him. I did enjoy our interview we did with him, but yeah, truly, and I'm I'm not saying this as a Michigan person. I'm saying this as just an observer of football. He is not a culture builder. He understands how to get guys in the building. He understands how the outside outside of the grid iron works in college football. When it comes to leading men and developing players, he has proved he cannot do that. That is the truth. That is bo I don't know, I don't know who. It might have been Urban Meyer that said this, or no, no, it was actually Nick Saban. Nick Saber said this. You're gonna get the five stars, and the five stars are your outliers. They're your players that no matter what, they're gonna be dogs. They are built different. Those are the human beings. Your job as a coach is to get the two, three, and four stars, and so when they're in year three or four, they play like five stars. Ryan Day has had a full coaching cycle to have freshman turn into seniors, and the development's not there. They went and paid twenty million dollars because the development is not there. He does not develop players. He does not get guys take the next step in their football legacy life. Therefore, he is not a leader.
Speaker 6: Of money he's got some guys in the league that are playing.
Speaker 4: He's got some guys in the league that were five star guys. He gets, Dude, the wide receiver room in Ohio State is insane. Every single year. Their talent is insane. Every single year. They're always top three in recruiting because they have fifteen five star guys. It's I'm not even trying to be disrespectful. I'm just saying, this is the this is the reality. Yeah, Brian Harline, great, he should you know what, he should be the head coach of Ohio State if it's not Mike Rabel. But Mike Rabel is not gonna go. We talked to Mike and by the way, Mike, dude, we know he's Mike now. I texted Mike. I texted Michael and after the game, he said, you're the only man that can save Columbus. And you know how Mike is. He just it's how he the company's gonna go how he wants. He said, they played really bad. Appreciate your reaching out. Congratulations, Like shut up, Mike, like just have a little fun. That is so crazy.
Speaker 6: He doesn't coach Rady.
Speaker 4: He does not fuck around. He's not willing to joke. He's not going to joke.
Speaker 6: He's not in all the world.
Speaker 4: No, he would. But I'll tell you what, Mike Rabel steps steps his foot in the door in Columbus. You had a tough ball club in the next six months.
Speaker 6: If he decides he wants to do something like that, yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you a Michigan fan. Fuck but heartline A I messed with him. He's a worthy adversary. Yeah.
Speaker 6: If you move on from Day, is it like, you know, you go outside or do you hire internally? Because you do got some good young coaches internally there.
Speaker 2: I honestly think if Ryan Day moves on or moves on, if we move on from Ryan Day, it's gotta be Brian Harline.
Speaker 6: But you also got Chip Kelly in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I don't know if he done.
Speaker 6: Yeah right, But politically he went from head coach at u C l A and made a move to go down to offensive coordinator adahas State to potentially look at a long game. Probably, that's that's just my speculation.
Speaker 4: That's because him and UCLA were falling. Their relationship was falling apart, so he got out. He got done before they could get him.
Speaker 2: Got Jip Kelly coached Ryan Day in college. They've been like tight for a long time. Like Ryan Day was on Schip Kelly staff in the Eagle on the Eagles, so like they have a relationship that goes way back. That's that's why Chip Kim and like kind of went down a step.
Speaker 6: But either way, you still have somebody in there who's who's been a head coach and Chip Kelly and ultimately he's the one calling the offense.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, I agree, but I think Brian Brian hart lines been is like one of the few coaches that was there in the Irby Meyer era.
Speaker 6: No, yeah, I'm with you.
Speaker 4: I mean, we have to sit down line. He's that guy. Yeah, he's the man.
Speaker 6: They got James Lorenidis as their linebackers coach.
Speaker 4: You remember him, Yeah, yeah, I remember him. Remember long put him in the ground.
Speaker 6: DraftKings, it's Draft Kings. Yeah, well hit this that because I think Channing he's about to show up. But yeah, let's hit DraftKings again. Speaking of that, Parlay, that's your boy.
Speaker 4: One big one.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 6: The NFL season is rolling along and the contenders are separating from the pack. The one thing that hasn't changed the season. The DraftKings sports Book, an official sportsbook partner of the NFL, is the number one place to bet touchdowns. By the way, you smacked on the Josh Allen touchdown over the weekends, Lady Walker hit on the Nick Westbrook touchdown. Willie See did not hold up his end of the bargain with the Amerabdulo touchdown. Fade to the corter of the end zone, running backs break through the line and gallop sixty yards of score. We don't care how we get. We want to bet on touchdowns, and DraftKings is the best place to do it. Ready to place your first bet, try betting on something simple like a player to score a touchdown. Go to the Draftings sports Book Gap and make your pick. Here's a reason for new customers to do a touchdown dance of their own. When you bet five dollars, you get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bet bonus bets. If your bet hits score big with the DraftKings sports Book the number one place to bet touchdowns. Download the Draftings sports Book Gap and use code bus. It's code bus for new customers to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets. If your bet wins. When you bet just five dollars only on DraftKings, the crown is yours.
Speaker 4: I like that. More football news. I was we weren't you and I were in a big fight in fantasy and I beat you by point one four? Did you?
Speaker 6: Were you watching the game actually unfold? Do you know how that happened?
Speaker 4: No? So I will say this, I'm now number one our league.
Speaker 6: Yeah you are, you are, you are? But so last night it was I had Christian McCaffrey, you had George Kittle, you were You're projected was like a two points over mind like before the game started, it's just like, all right, this is gonna come down to CMC hopefully has a game of breakout game and you got George Kittle. So we go, Bro, you beat me one fifteen point one four to one fifteen point zero. When McCaffrey goes down when he gets injured in the backfield, just kind of slides down, losing two or three yards like that was the game. So I what if I had one fifteen point two or point three based on him just having two or three extra yards? He lost it in that one when he slid, went down and and you and you you get the game.
Speaker 4: Dude, I'm so heartbroken for a Christian. I know, man, you see that.
Speaker 6: You see the play too where it looks like his uh yeah, it looks like the half just looks like a water balloon blowing up.
Speaker 4: I know. And that's what always everyone always says, is the killers. You saw it with Aaron Rodgers, you saw it with Deshaun Watson, like it's the same looking thing. But then Shanahan gets on the postgame press conference and he goes, oh, it seemed like a PCL I mean told pcl oh that is true.
Speaker 6: They were talking about potentially being a knee which anyway could have just been slow most.
Speaker 4: Landed on his knee cap And I know it's been such a frustrating year for Christian, Dude, I feel so bad for him. Achille tendon itis and both like legs like he says like, I feel like I can't walk, gets healthy, comes back, sort of look like himself again, and then feels new. Bro, he's and he's a good dude. He's a good and hard worker.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so he just you hate it for him, bro, He almost broke that one too, where they got the ankle tackle on him and he came through the line of scrimmage.
Speaker 4: I was like, ah, touchdown.
Speaker 6: It's like I'm thinking, like, oh, fantasy, fantasy, look.
Speaker 4: At the way. Yeah, just I think, yeah, but that's just such a wild way to fall to great quad flexibility on him. Look at that. That's incredible.
Speaker 6: We'll get the Channing Crowder, co host of the Pivot stand up comedian Boys.
Speaker 4: Before we get into the Chanting Crowder episode, we are going to have a little shot out, no free shot out, and that Little Boys can be presented by sport Clips. Are you thank you? Thank you for resuming in on that. That actually helped me a lot. Are you tired of playing the waiting game? When you okay, come on, Taylor, Oh when you want to get your haircut? I feel you. But guess what. Sport Clips has a game changing feature that on their app called the Haircut Tracker. No more, No more awkwardly sitting and waiting area like a bench player while you watch other people get their haircut. The haircut Tracker lets you cut to the chase track, real time weight times, and swoop in right on time for that fresh cut. It's like having a personal assistant for your hair right in your pocket. So grab your phone, download the app, and always know where you stand. Sport clips. It's a game changer. Now shout out, no free shot out. I'm gonna be quick and easy with it. You see, I put a little hoodie on here. It's warming up. When the weather breaks, it's warming up. It's just warming up, getting toasty, dude. When you're a little chili out, it's a little chili outside. You walk inside, you think, wow, I was gonna thought it was gonna be way warmer, but it's actually not as warm. It's actually a little colder in here than it is outside. How's that working? Is my ac working? But instead what you do is you run over to your closet. You pick out a nice bust with the boys, so you put it stow at bustosports dot com and you put that thing on and slow, just like getting in nice sheets in a cold room and you're about to go to bed, you just start to feel warm and fuzzy inside. That's my shoutout.
Speaker 6: Like that building off of your get a little brisk, getting a little chilly outside. I've used this one before. This is like an annual shot out, no free shout out. But when you leave your water in your vehicle and the next day you get in, you got some ice cold water sitting there in your passenger seat, that's my shoutout, no free shout out, because again, you get in the truck. I get my z R two Chevy Silverado, and I look to the sign and I see basically a half a half full bottle of water body preferably, and you just think to yourself, Oh, I got I can hydrate on the way into work. I got hydrate on the way into whatever you're doing, you got a nice chilled bottle of water waiting for you. And that is that's my shoutout, no free shadowt And.
Speaker 4: The thing is is, yeah, it's an annual thing, but always, especially right now, the perfect time to shout that out because everyone's gonna get their truck tomorrow morning. They're gonna get the rest of the water, and they're thing itself, Oh that's real nice. Then they're gonna pop this episode on and they're gonna be like, we all think the same mind.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's like your mind changing throughout the year, and you get reminded, Yeah, shout out, know for shot out, getting reminded every year that one time of the year where something starts to happen. Before we were like, oh yeah, that's right. Christmas music season.
Speaker 4: Yes, water cold water, yes, fake tree season, yes, dude. No no, no, no, no, not that, dude, not that. We got to get you a real tree. It's not the smell. Look man, the clean ups easier. Yeah, listen, I don't need to hear this. We're gonna geto this episode. We love you. Get yourself a real tree this year. Give you something your family can just really walk in, see, taste and smell the Christmas time. Happy December. We'll see you guys.
Speaker 11: Know what.
Speaker 4: We'll see you guys. And you know what next year shouting for shadow when we'll give the same shout out again. Yeah, what's up? We should get a real tree for the shop. I know the perfect place, dude, Santa's Trees in Green Hills. You you go there, say till you say a real tree at the shop. What I'm talking about? You do you know what he's talking about? You get a real tree at the shop. Go to Santa His Tree Hills, Gray Hills. If you just walk over to Green Hills, you park your car, you get out of your shive. Zero two. You walk in. You tell those boys, hey, I want that mystery meat special tailor of once sent me. They'll know exactly what you're talking about. You're gonna get exactly what you want. Bake hugs, Tenny kisses. Kind of nice, kind of nice. Back to the episode.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, hey, and what we need? We need to shave your mustache? Sure do we need to shave your mustache?
Speaker 4: Now? Let's do it that. Yeah, before we take a break, I want to say this. I told my daughter Win that I had to shave my mustache this weekend. This is not a joke. She cried and pleaded with me, and I said, I told her. I said, sweetie, I said, sweety, Daddy made a bet day, He's gotta make good on his bet. Like that's what's gonna happen. I had to talk to her for forty got it. And then she's like, you're gonna look so weird, You're gonna look so different. I'm like, you're probably right, you are probably right.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 6: For those who are unaware, Taylor.
Speaker 4: And Jack had a bet for me that I got bullied into.
Speaker 6: For Vanderbuilt to cover against Tennis.
Speaker 4: I got bullied into it. You can wash the locker room. Last week I got Did I not get bullied into that? Low key yeah. But the way we're doing the talk, Taylor, I just shift the hand.
Speaker 6: Look at charm, I'm out though. You started to talk. You started talking, talk.
Speaker 4: Down on me. I'm talking about beating Tennessee. I said, you covering and you can also be off while I was talking. Because I'm talking, looks at you can go back and watch the film there's on the way you got cut off the listen, dude, the way you were talking about Tennessee. You were talking. You were basically saying, let me say you. You were saying, how this is exciting, but you're so nervous. This is Vanderbilt's biggest game, this is the super Bowl. You were talking in circles for minutes. The poinet. It's like, for a singular minute, if this dude who's a massive Tennessee fan is going to be this wishy watching Yeah you guys, Yeah, I'm the one who said let's do the bet. You know they're not get it, But go back again the way you talk. Go back and watch the way you talked. You could tell you can see the nervousness, the wavering your voice. And I met when I was seventeen, jer you thought this is why I was so nervous.
Speaker 1: And then we covered by thirteen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's shave it you guys, did.
Speaker 11: Is there any last words? Don't fucking miss go ahead?
Speaker 4: Yeah, actually give a second all around. I didn't think I have this hard this shave my mustad fourteen go look, we'll turn around.
Speaker 11: I can't let you shoo this. We're going to Vegas this weekend. Go ahead, go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 4: So let's have.
Speaker 12: You gonna suspend next?
Speaker 4: Shut up that funny hens out the gas station. I think you get cancer when Apple.
Speaker 11: Got I think you look handsome? Did you look good?
Speaker 4: I fucking hate it?
Speaker 6: Dude, A good man, though, honorable man. That's better, completely different, can't.
Speaker 4: He's talking differently. I know it's like his top.
Speaker 6: His top lip can't like he's been way down for I don't know how to explain it. Looks Yeah, I've never immediately lost respect.
Speaker 1: To somebody after Yeah, bro, he cannot tell me to do anything.
Speaker 4: Okay, Buddy Chaney.
Speaker 7: We're looking for a second host.
Speaker 4: You can't it a little baby jump on?
Speaker 1: Whe Hey will should we have him sit in Taylor seat. Chaney's in the bathroom and he's coming.
Speaker 11: On ahead, go ahead, get on there. I'll see on the.
Speaker 4: Oh, I've been on head before.
Speaker 11: Well man.
Speaker 4: Getting away with the couch. Rota was got a little budget going man, Taylor Sean don't put their head up eleven.
Speaker 11: Show.
Speaker 5: Uh when you hit puberty, man, it looks it looks like you're your top of it has zero feeling.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like it's just paralyzed. You don't know how to use the top lip. It's been way down for so long. Man, you saw that thing. You can just you just talk. I know, I gotta get move I gotta get moving in it. How do you feel? I hate it? I fucking I hate it. It's crazy.
Speaker 11: This is.
Speaker 4: It's just nuts that this is I I this is kids. This is what happens when you get bullied. It happens. You don't say, yeah, I lost a bet. I'll make sure that doesn't have the mic. Does not that's a lesson to the kids. Don't let Jack have the mic. No, pay up your bets. Yeah, be a man of your work. We have a we have a gambling show called the Locker Room. As you're break up the boys by every week Jack goes to Tennessee. They're playing Vanderbilt. Shut up, Will, Jack goes to tennis. Jack went to Tennessee. He's a massive Tennessee fan. So he gets up and he starts talking how Vanderbilt is not gonna cover eleven. But the way he's talking, it's like they're gonna cover yo. I'm not gonna be able to do the show with y'all if I can't just speak. Jack was all wishy washing the way he was talking. I was like, you guys are not going to cover the way you're talking. So he put the mustache and I didn't want to do it. I get bullied into it. A chance starts happening. Antime, energy starts happening in the room. I get all juiced up. So I said, yes, So they got me, dude, and now my lip doesn't work. Apparently I can't. The boys canve it. Look j became to look. Jap cant even look at me right now? How the fuck have you been, dude? Borna sucks this year? What's going on? We went from mass though we'd be somebody we were sitting before.
Speaker 6: Florida is honestly not a bad team, like you guys got whooped by Miami at the very start of the year, but you got like Lagway, that quarterback, Like you guys aren't like a bad You guys aren't a bad team.
Speaker 4: I said it all summer, and everybody give me hell about it.
Speaker 13: Why why do we start the old dude, Mertz, I don't even know Mertz, Mertz wherever my camera is, I don't know you, brother, he's like twenty six years old. Start the young dude, see what he has. And then they put Lagway when we started whooping people's asses. That's the craziest thing, man.
Speaker 4: I hate.
Speaker 13: I hate when you have a young star and they put these old ass dudes in old continuity. Get your ass out of here. Put the young athletic dude in. And now Lagway's bawling, and now uh ball the running back he can play, so like the futures. And they they locked Billy back in Billy Napier, and so everybody was worried about it.
Speaker 4: But the things for his head Mint of the Year again are.
Speaker 13: Freshman and sophomore classes so strong, and that's Billy's classes. So they were saying, if Billy was to leave them, dudes would leave, you know, they have an opportunity leave dressed the portal. So keep keep Billy, and keep that young the young them young boys coming up and I'm I'm with it now, I'm all in now I.
Speaker 4: Would have are you with like the program? I go up there.
Speaker 13: They have a award and spring named after me, like the Big Hitter Awards. Okay, yeah, whoever whoever knocking the ship out of people? Like, it's not like the best, no playmaking, it's just who was football? Yeah, who was breaking on face masks? So yeah, back then when I was real good at football in college, I was breaking face mass and I got to the league and Taylor started grabbing my ass. But but yeah, and and Billy, Billy really embraced the alumni. So I go up there. I've been asking the past to be like a liaison or you know, almost a you know, recruiting piece and all. But honestly, the pay is not good enough.
Speaker 4: I do, I do? Okay.
Speaker 13: On this side, it seems like see all these things sitting around.
Speaker 4: A twist of tea. If you're driven a Chevy, do you like Lucy, you get a whole bunch of things for you. Man, are you. I got a suburban and a Silver Road Silverado.
Speaker 6: Yeah, class great.
Speaker 13: Yeah, crushing it too though with the pivot, we're doing okay, man, we're doing.
Speaker 4: What you mean, that's that's a humble that's humble killing it.
Speaker 13: Yeah, we're doing good man with the fanatics deal. But it's funny. It's it's I just talked somebody about this. It's like, y'all Chris Long the green Light, they're doing not. I watched all y'all time. I watched all Chris stuff, Wallow and Gilly, Yeah, Matt and Stack with all the smoke, like the guys.
Speaker 4: I tell people this all the time.
Speaker 13: The Successful Pods we all know each other. It's not no competition. I'm not trying to go to the hard Twitter, Tea and Chevy and be like, hey.
Speaker 4: No ship like everybody's for everybody.
Speaker 13: The Successful podcast all know each other. And I'm figuring that out now we're we go. We went to Tyson I can't even say fight, the Tyson Paul event. Yeah, we were there and everybody was there and we were the same thing, like.
Speaker 4: Hey man, what's going on?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 13: Man, y'all killing y'all killing it too, we all killing it and So that's that's the thing that I'm starting to see now because a podcast was new, podcasting space was new, and now you see people that have years in the business. Everybody's cool and everybody knows each other.
Speaker 4: When you were first starting this whole thing out, did you think it was like a killer be killed situation with other podcasts? Did you feel like competitive drive, like they're different teams in football or something like that. I am. I never really felt that way.
Speaker 13: I just want to be like successful, you know what I'm saying, Like, just be just succeed, you know, like that in football you gotta win the Super bowlf you don't win Super Bowl, you lose. Everybody goes about it that way. But it's it's something and I just got it. And I you know, I do like speaking events, and you know, now my fucking want to hear you talk. So they'll bring me in keeping them speak and they'll give me ten grand. They're like, yeah, forty five minutes something like.
Speaker 4: For ten grades. I saw it for three hours.
Speaker 13: So like I my research is listening to rap songs because like I think, like you know those lines, we'll give you something to think about. So Lil Wayne, it was a line I don't know what song was. He said, I'm I'm racing. I'm not racing, I'm just sprinting. And I thought about it with the podcast space, where anytime you see somebody running, you're gonna look behind him if they gotta be running from something or running or get somebody. It's a person that can just run as fast as they can for no reason that succeeds. Like when we used to work out and all that shit, Why is this big ass dude out here running around this field back and forth and back and forth. No, it's not for a reason. It's to succeed. So that's the thing I kind of took on, and that's what I think we've been doing before. I like I kind of correlated that line was the same thing, like I'm not racing. We're not racing, Pivot's not racing anybody. We're just running as fast as we can to be successful.
Speaker 6: And like you're saying too, like when you realize, like the athletes a podcast space like successful podse like you you go out there, like I'll peek at everybody's stuff and just kind of see like where a standard is and everything else on Like what whether it's not necessarily the thought process of we got to beat this, but it's like, hey, this is what success looks like in this, in this industry and everything else. So it's like, how can you compare a little bit ta take what take your own stuff, make it your own, and kind of watch and see what everybody else is doing, because at the end of the day, it's like, when we got into this thing, you want to when you knew the logo wasn't going to be there for you anymore, you wanted to figure out what your own transition could be, and you wanted to be successful on your own versus having to go back and like work for the man. And you want it to happen with all your teammates that go in there, because you realize, like the stats of being broke, seventy eighty percent go broke within five years. It's like, you want success for everybody. But now that you see these athletes getting in the podcasting space and being successful and owning your content, like, to me, that's a that's just a massive win for all of us.
Speaker 13: And it's funny you say that because y'all too ball players, Ryan Fred, myself, ball players, you know, wal on Gilly cousins, batt and stack ball ball players.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 13: So you get that you have this ain't drive, but you you have to redirect it somewhere for sure. And that's the thing that I see all the time with guys I play with. Even I was just some guys I played with the college. One dude has fucking EMU farm.
Speaker 4: He has what's an em farm, the big ass birds with the little man fucking flippies.
Speaker 13: Yeahs e goes for three hundred dollars apiece and they made like three times a year and make like six eights. My buddy was like, yeah, bro bought some EMUs, but his football ship went to like farming and he has goats and cows and all this shit. I was just in South Georgia when we were hunting. I went hunting for Thanksgiving. Well, my family took my daughter dear hunting, my son deer hunting. Nothing big walked out. So when we're shooting out, but we did shoot killed some raccoons and.
Speaker 4: We ate them, y'all. They raccoon. No raccoons fucking delicious, what fucking delicious? Just fry them up?
Speaker 13: No, no, no, no, you put them, you cut them up with skin them, clean them, then cut them up, put them with like onions and takes and peppers, and then you roast them foil on top and you take it off the last hour and let it crisp up.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, you're talking about the trash pan. You're telling about something that goes to people's garbage, and just that Seeta, this is what is this?
Speaker 13: You know, there's rat wild raccoons before we came around and started sucking up wild So the wild raccoons eat berries and nuts and bird eggs and baby birds and ship and their.
Speaker 4: Meat is clean. I wouldn't need it.
Speaker 13: I'm not eating a goddamn raccoon.
Speaker 4: Raccoon, the raccoon that gets in your raccoon, you're the real waccoon.
Speaker 13: I want the one that lives life. I want the bitch that knows how to live and survive.
Speaker 10: You don't want to domesticated record That boy just hanging out of the bottom of the trash barrel sits and waits for you to put your goddamn trash in on Tuesday morning, I.
Speaker 4: Don't want bashes are everywhere in my house. You got them? Yeah, God, I got everything. At my house. Bobcats, coyotes, raccoons, I ain't.
Speaker 13: I don't know if we can legally say bob cat, coyo. I might have ate a wrect coyote before, might alleged Mike.
Speaker 4: If you had a coyota, you would know about that experience. You remember that experience is the raccoon, the biggest thing, the weirdest thing you've ever eaten. They couldn't know.
Speaker 13: No, no, no, no, I've eaten up. Actually nasty as fuck. Is a possum bro a disgusting. It literally tastes like the juice in the bottom of the garbage can, like that smell you get when.
Speaker 4: You couple of questions, what's that taste like? And how do you know what that tastes like?
Speaker 13: I don't know, but I smelled it, and then I took a first bite of my possum.
Speaker 4: Was like, this ship is terrible.
Speaker 13: Allmadilla's okay, Armadilla's soft white meat.
Speaker 4: That's just a hard shelled possum, isn't it.
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but they like that's like their little cousin the same creature.
Speaker 13: Look look at look at that amadillo and they and they barrow into the ground and they eat like roots and ship and worms and bugs under the ground.
Speaker 4: You'll eat anything. My wife might say.
Speaker 13: So cute a woman. Yeah, Will's wife haven't been happy in years.
Speaker 4: That is a pretty good pretty good like that, don't you breath? Just laying laying on yourself as pretty good? Huh. He was going to get did you? Did you know? I'll get him next time. We'll get him next time.
Speaker 13: Sweeting warming up Wednesday.
Speaker 4: I got this Saturday.
Speaker 6: My god, I'm trying to figure out if I want to say I ask the podcast or not.
Speaker 4: Man. Man, the body, the body, the body is is a is a It's a canvas to explore. I've heard from you all. You're you're in You're into the new beaches and ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we admit I worked.
Speaker 4: You damn much. Now you can't get to the new Yeah, bro, he's into the new beaches, New Beach forward Jamaica ten years So we're you went at fifteen, Yeah, I was with but my girlfriend's family and there was a little nude from here on out.
Speaker 6: But you guys, you guys, did you guys seek out these resorts and stuff?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 13: No, Well, yeah, so we we know there's some there's one in my there's Miami. Mexico has a bunch of them, and it's not like it's funny when people say, like the nude beach thing, like everybody thinks of a swinger thing where everybody's out there fucking. It's called it's really all natural, where like people want to tan nude and you know all that stuff. And it's the craziest thing is that people out there with their kids. What folks will have their kids out there.
Speaker 4: But kids are clothed, right.
Speaker 13: Yeah, the kids are closed, but like and they just had a beach and the mom take wanted to take her top off and on. The dad's sitting there and it's like and their daughter's playing in the water and all this shiit in the beach is not that populated. So now it's the best place ever. So you can go really enjoy the beach. And I have these weirdose walking around smoking cigarettes and all around you, and it's like it's it's called all all natural. Resorts in Mexico are probably the best ones.
Speaker 4: Talk to me, Okay, hypothetical situation. First question, what's up? We don't bring our kids? Yeah, yeah, we leave.
Speaker 13: Try to leave my kids all the time. My son's four. I tell my wife all the time, why are we bring him on vacation? He's not gonna remember this. I don't remember. Ship pasted like ten y'all remember like four years y'all remember at four years old.
Speaker 4: I do remember my first memory. First memory, I was three years old.
Speaker 13: Like, not a picture of vivid fucking members.
Speaker 4: I have a couple, but they're not the best memories to remember.
Speaker 7: You.
Speaker 4: Know at times. Missouri, Yeah, Missouri, small town. Yeah, yeah, yeah, my dad and I we've talked about it. Hey, so this new beach would have got dark? Now is you ever like people excited on the new beach? Are they ever like pitching a tent? Like what do you do for you? Like dig a little hole, firt in the sand and turn over on your summer. It's it's literally a beach bro I know. But you listen, but every man walks on the beach and you see a person and a two piece and you think check them out. Yeah, but then you and then there's no so you think there's no imagination needed. It's not you just gotta roll over, you put in the sand.
Speaker 13: Not really, it's not sexual because you sexualize the naked woman.
Speaker 4: Channing got one of those white rocks outside of his house, that garage door craft. He's got the pineapple outside of his house.
Speaker 13: In County virgin We get after it, yeah, yeah, we got after it last night.
Speaker 4: I'm going in town. I'm leaving town for three days.
Speaker 13: She was like, hey, we called a nanny over because I was like, I need some time tonight.
Speaker 4: You play which game? Was it?
Speaker 6: The cat coming in the back door?
Speaker 13: No, we didn't play the cat come in the back door last night?
Speaker 4: What did we do? You oil up? Yeah, you oil, get the oil and then.
Speaker 13: You put like a shower curtain down on the bed.
Speaker 4: What kind of are we talking? Were talking about? Were talking?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 13: Just regular oil? Yes, baby oil?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, baby oil yeah yeah. Now what the thing is?
Speaker 13: You know, if you need k y to have sex, that means you're not loving. You're not you're not doing right by the sex education.
Speaker 4: Man, this is beautiful. Yeah.
Speaker 13: You can't just laugh rough ye, vaginal area you need.
Speaker 4: You can't get the swoops. You gotta take your time.
Speaker 13: I heard about the bull, old bull and young bull on.
Speaker 4: Top of the hill. I have heard the story.
Speaker 13: Yes, the young bull wants to sprint down the hill. And knock down one cow.
Speaker 4: Old bull said, just walk down the hill and you can hit them all. Okay, yeah, you got it.
Speaker 13: You gotta slowly, you know what I'm saying. You gotta man lean into whatever, y'all little horn he is one.
Speaker 4: Of the man Just slide up in there, that's me. Yeah. You just kind of get blind. Get blind. You're like, what are we doing? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then you apologize after Sorry, I'll get better with time.
Speaker 4: I sometimes I apologize while I'm finishing.
Speaker 13: You gotta rub a little and then say, you know what, let me go grab a gator ring. What you know you started and be like I'm thirsty and you're not anticipation bills like leave him one more and now it's anticipation of the old bull walking down the hill.
Speaker 4: Y'all. Ain't doing no real fucking y'all.
Speaker 6: Look, I know it's hard for me to just like look over when he starts all. I feel like I gotta just look whenever I'm whenever I look over at you, I'm just gonna look at the camera and just pretend that I'm listening.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's hard, man, this not having this mustache talk. I see JP and Garrett showing each other photos on their phone in the bag, and it couldn't have nothing to do with me. But because of what just happened, I'm just like in my head, like I wonder what they're scheming back there. You're talking about fucking in ways I've never done. I'm think you're essentially opening up a new chapter in my head of man variety and ability. You you tease them, I'm an effort guy, That's what it is.
Speaker 13: So with the see the woman's always the chase. Make yourself the gazelle.
Speaker 4: Don't always be the cheetah. Yeah, yeah, I feel that. You see what I'm saying, make yourself gazelle because the way, just the way this man's talking.
Speaker 13: You know, he's got kissing and licking, and then now they're getting off going and then you say, hold.
Speaker 4: Let me go check on the kids.
Speaker 11: What kid?
Speaker 4: Now you to gazelle? Now you to gazelle? Do you run and hide? Now? You wantn't like they leave the house running hide a little bit, just stay out and them come chase you let me go check on the kids.
Speaker 13: I don't think we'll played that's like like hide and go get it.
Speaker 4: We played that when I was a kid bro.
Speaker 6: When I first learned about hide and Go Get It, it was year two or three in the league. We're in training camp and we're sitting around the tab, sitting around the cafeteria table, and the fellows from down South they're telling me how they used to play hide and go get it to our hide and go seek, and I'm hearing about hide and go get it where if you find him you get to basically like dry hump them for a couple of minutes. I'm just thinking, what a nightmare. And I'm looking over this d Lineman. I'm like, you know, was the girl scared whenever you found where? They bummed whenever you found her?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but she had to get it? Yeah, you learned about hide and Go get it as a grown man.
Speaker 6: As a grown man, you need twenty four years old. I learned and go get.
Speaker 4: It as a child. You played that. That's what it's made for kids. Yeah, I think that's uh not made for kids. I'll think. I think that's I'll tell you what I'll do. What the wats do? We play a game called Doctor. You play Doctor? That's you just sit in the room kind of uncomfortable. You're like seven six years old with the nurse and you're like, can I see it? And they're like okay, and you kind of just like pull your pants.
Speaker 6: Down, just say this is the first time doctor.
Speaker 4: You never heard about doctor?
Speaker 6: Wait, you just pulled We played Hide and Go Seek.
Speaker 4: Or freeze tag. Yeah, I'm talking about the culture version of Hide and go Seek. It is hide and go get it. You never played doctor. You never play doctor.
Speaker 6: There's probably a lot of people that have played Doctor.
Speaker 4: Well, you play House. I know, yeah, I like Doctor. I like this game. I can't tell my.
Speaker 13: It was yeah, and you just yeah, you know what I would in high school? So I was when I started balling in high school. They you know, like a lot of people do now now with the n I l is no that's known or what they do is they find these dudes in the hood that balled and they move them out to the suburbs and they helped their parents get housing the suburbs and all that stuff. So we moved out to the suburbs. Who helped you move out to the suburbs Florida?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, this is this is bro This is middle school. Okay.
Speaker 6: In the high school coaches are high school coaches are trying to get the programs.
Speaker 13: So I moved out to the suburbs. Rob were in Georgia, and I started hanging with the white boys and they had something y'all play. What was it called seven seven minutes? Yeah, And so the first time I remember the girl's name, my mom said she had this big fucking house, and like, this is the first time I'm seeing these mansions. So I'm going out and I'm seeing these fucking mansions, and I'm going to these parties with Mike Cullen, Daniel Brunner, Chris Reeves. I remember all my buddies, and they were like seven minutes in Heaven, and it was something you like some cup game or you spend the seven you and the girl going to closet. So they were like they're trying to say him, like seven minutes of heaven, like heaven Heaven.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 13: So then when I get up and that fucking bottle turns to me, I'm like, we got action. Go in the closet. I'm like ship, I'm like pouring the dick out, like what are we doing?
Speaker 4: Like what's going on? I said, Shit, what's going on?
Speaker 12: We got seven minutes?
Speaker 4: God damn, let's do something. I didn't know.
Speaker 13: Nothing happened at that time, but I was not privy to the rules of seven minutes in heaven. And it is a very different situation on different sides of culture of heaven is where y'all want a tongue kiss because even white boy's tongue kiss in the club.
Speaker 4: Hey, Bro, I made out with her. I'm like wrong, I'm like, what happened? See the girl in the red dress?
Speaker 13: Like, yeah, Taylor, and for like three minutes? Bro, Like you just kissed her for three minutes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Bro's fucking awesome. Why your dick going hard?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 13: You're just sitting around. That's the point of this makeout sestion that's going on.
Speaker 4: So are you're supposed to close the deal at the bar? How you supposed to this time to go?
Speaker 13: No, it's time to go as a kick at the bar, you talk mins have grown up.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about the situation we're talking about. You're at the club because I you at the You're saying that it was me. You get to make out. He Dai starts attacking you a little bit, but it feels kind of nice but a little bit dangerous the same time. Press it against her leg and then you're hoping to God, she says yes. Later that's why y'all beitch just getting mono.
Speaker 13: I don't know the percentages, but the mono rating white people are way higher than black people. We don't get mono because y'all motherfuckers love the kiss.
Speaker 4: No bitch, get Hey, what you doing? You look good?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 4: Shit, I got I got a little spot right down the road. Leave.
Speaker 13: Our buddies knew if we leave, it's not we're doing. We got a woman and we're leaving to We all knew it. Hey, man, if I need the key, Hey man, so many keys?
Speaker 4: I got one. Okay, here you go, brother, we'll find a way home. Y'all ain't got no goddamn game. Many just a scenario you're talking about, though, Like one of your boys meets a girl and they leave. I'm like, man, I can't believe you just leave the boys like that. I'd be upset. What like, come on, bro, that's what the boys. Come on, bro?
Speaker 13: Come on you you know, hey, we get mono.
Speaker 4: They have kids. With that comment for Taylor, I recently one of my they got a problem. Nine months later we got mono. Kiss on people. That night was way better for us than y'all want to kiss this forever. Right there.
Speaker 13: I have a white buddy and he's about to get married. He had his bachelor party. He's like, hey, I'm taking some days off one of my seventeen jobs. He was like, hey, he's one of our producers. Hey, I'm taking days off. I'm going I have a basket of part I'm like, ship, bro, where you going. I'm thinking he's gonna it's gonna be Vegas, d R What. No, We're going to the mountains of Tennessee, me and eight of my buddies and we have this big house and we're gonna like drink.
Speaker 6: I have had I've been on one of those bachelor parties down at Gatlinburg. We had a great time whitewater rafting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was a fun. It was a fun time. Yeah.
Speaker 6: We rode go carts, eat some pancakes, a lot of good paint, a.
Speaker 4: Little bit too. Yeah. Yeah, I got the weekends together. How'd you sleep last night?
Speaker 11: Great?
Speaker 6: So you Yeah, somebody gets drunk enough, you try like writing on their face, shaved their head or so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's fair game. He's fair game. That's gonna hold some fun right there.
Speaker 13: So five days of ten men eating pancakes and gold cart riding is the celebration of marriage.
Speaker 4: Y'allus are you don't think that's fun? Times you wouldn't go to the mountains?
Speaker 13: Doesn't hang out, No, bro, they're going to the d R We're going there do something fun.
Speaker 4: What do you mean that's fun? Hanging out with the fellas. It's eight of us in here.
Speaker 13: So now we get on the plane and we want people.
Speaker 4: To notice who you are listening. He double counted that. We fly to the mountain. Yeah, I had to make sure it was five.
Speaker 1: I was like.
Speaker 4: Three seven eight.
Speaker 13: We fly to the mountains and then we just all ate, just talk like.
Speaker 4: Some nature birds, bird watching the boys.
Speaker 6: The boys get a streak getting the tree standunting.
Speaker 4: Are we hunting or are we just sitting?
Speaker 2: You want?
Speaker 4: I already know your like to make out. I'm not kissing y'all. Y'all get liquored up, get a lick it up. Hey, Taylor loses spat you guys gotta kiss y'all. Don't want to make bed.
Speaker 13: No, man, we ain't doing We ain't doing none of that. It's just it's it's it's different cultures it's very different cultures. And I've learned that as a grown man, and now that, Yeah, y'all grew up a little different. Yeah, And I bounced on. I bounced off both sides. Football made me bounce off both sides with that.
Speaker 4: I did, Yeah, yeah, I did. I enjoyed it.
Speaker 13: It was funny, like seeing how the white boys talk to their moms and dads and y'all cuss them out. I can't get on my goddamn room and all that stuff like that was weird to me.
Speaker 6: But this are the crazy white boys. I don't think I was ever like you. But y'all you're getting shot at the title. You start cussing out the parents.
Speaker 4: We heard her, what's your dad name?
Speaker 13: Bill Bill to me, William Earl Compton, Bill Love Bill fighting right now, tightening bitch up.
Speaker 4: I like people that tightened bitch already. Yeah, Bill, Bill, three or five days ago was a thick boy, a little little bulling ball rolling around. Now he's loss. It was good, It was real good. I grabed, you know.
Speaker 13: I tell all the little young men coming up, teenagers, if you want to just see what.
Speaker 4: You got, I'll fight you, no guns or not. You still is a country boy, bro, for real, that's what you's supposed to do.
Speaker 13: Like my son, he's thirteen, and I tell I tell him all the time before year too, And I tell my thirteen before he didn't know he's crazy, But my thirty year, I'm like, hey, whenever you feel as if you're a man, like you can take me. Like we need to go into the yard. We're not stabbing each other, nothing like we need to we need to grab each other.
Speaker 4: But I would grab each other. I was. We were just wrestling around and we need we need to wrestle.
Speaker 13: We need the closest. Like, whatever you want to do, you gotta do it. Me and my dad did it, like you have to at some point with your sons. You have to, like y'all have to physically have an altercation and then it is what it is.
Speaker 4: Mine went in pretty quickly.
Speaker 12: Hm.
Speaker 4: My old man would be the exact same way.
Speaker 11: SA.
Speaker 4: He'd stand over me and say you ever wanted to shot the title, please get it, and then blow me a kiss and say don't hesitate, And hey, have you tried him? No? No, I mean no, no, I'm not disrespecting right now. Bill. He kind of knows that, but not disrespect him, but lock up. Well not anymore. I probably heard him strategically, You're like, God, if I'm her thirteen year old son, I'm waiting for you to it, mon, you wait for you to fall into one of those situations where you're a little down of the dumps.
Speaker 13: I got I B s Now. So he kept me on that tolet one morning.
Speaker 4: B s type. You see ban Marjer You ever watched that show back in the day. He was one of the jack down on the toilet, just going and slapped the ship out of the leaves. All the time he was talking about Yeah, yeah, yeah, we grew. That's really jackass. His fault is creating creating me. Yeah, sure, joking around too much? Yeah yeah, yeah, it becomes that I got it.
Speaker 13: I got in trouble with the white boy, punched his dad or doing something, shoving stuff in his face.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you got in trouble with the white boy. Yeah. Man.
Speaker 13: He got a PA system on his truck and so we rode around. Then we got some red and white lights, flashlights, and so we got in this truck with a PA system and we did this in the front, in the front of the windshield and would talk.
Speaker 4: O pah blah blah blah, and we.
Speaker 13: Pulled people over and just drive away and they thought, well and I had to I had to ride. I had to drive along with the cops because they caught us. And that's like, impersonal, ain't an officer. That's just fling. Yeah, we're just fucking off, like we're just idea was felling, no idea. And then once they pulled us over from doing it. That was like sixteen seventeen and then I was like, damn, damn bro Daniel back again with the white fans.
Speaker 4: But like, damn man, I'm I'm the trouble here, you know. Yeah, they're not gonna look at too funny. I'm the one that started this ship.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, I got in trouble with the white boys back.
Speaker 6: We interrupt this episode to bring you game Time Football seasons here. We can't wait to get out some games's fault with the help of game Time, the official ticketing partner of Barstool Sports. You boys know how much we love game Time. Now with their brand new game Time Picks feature, they're making it even easier to get to a game. The game Time Picks filters out the fluff to show you only incredible deals on great seats, so you don't have to waste time searching through thousands of tickets. Go look at the SEC Championship Texas Georgia this weekend, and again pull up the game Time picksteal for great seats at incredible prices. You pull up your chosen event, you turn on the GT pick setting at the top of the screen, and browse the best local game time pick steals near you on your Game Time app homepage. What are you waiting for? Go buy those SEC tickets now. Tickets now available with game Time picks.
Speaker 4: You you talked about when you were getting good at football, then all all of a sudden, you be in the nice suburb and stuff like that. How much money did Florida give you to go there?
Speaker 6: Fred talked about it on the show Both Florida Boys.
Speaker 4: There were How many stars? Did was there a star system? Back? Yeah? How many were you? Four? Okay, that's enough to get paid.
Speaker 13: So what happened was I was at a terrible ass school, North Springs High School, like Usher Raymond went there, ravens Amon it was. It was a performing arts and a math like Magnet school. So I got I got Varsity Blues my freshman year. So I went out to this school and talking about Robsell High School and remember varsity Blues where they would let the black kid run the ball down and get to the ten yard line of the white kid running in I'm gonna get you in that age, exact same, exact, same thing happened to me.
Speaker 4: Swere to God in high school.
Speaker 13: And because I played corner on varsity, but I played running back on the freshman team and I had something crazy three hundred and fifty yards Russian one touchdown.
Speaker 4: It was a dude named.
Speaker 13: Maur who actually passed in the military, and he I justly go to the house all the time, rich white dude, and it wasn't anything on Maur, but he had like sixty yards and five touchdowns whenever we got inside. My only touchdown was like a sixty yard run because I had to break.
Speaker 4: You had to do it yourself.
Speaker 13: I had to break to get the touchdown. If we ever got in the red zone, they start passing it to these white dudes. After the game, my mom was My mom was like, she was like, I'm not gonna let this happen anymore. You we gotta transfer. The only school in the area that we lived in was North Springs High School and they had a black head coach and that's the reason I went to North Springs And like, after a while, I found it like Ravens from I found out it was like this performing arts, beautiful school. I had to pass up math and science tests and shit to get in it. And I'm fucking I'm bright. All the school's not hard to me, but I had to pass the test to get in. So got into that school. But I was the biggest thing that no one's ever been to the NFL from there other than me. And so I'm in this performing arts school and I'm playing, you know, I'm playing, well, I'm balling, but we're playing these other little bit as schools and it's just like this, you know. I think I had like a Fulton County junior year, had like the Fulton County rushing record and play linebacker and all. And then remember they used to do Nike Elite camps. That was our time, the Nike Elite camp. There was one at Uga and my coach was like, hey, you usued to go to this Nike Eleaite camp and Buster Davis was there. A couple of Ricardo Hurley South Carolina. Remember Cacardo, it was some dog add Remember it was some Dalton Ricardo crazy. I got a crazy Riccardo story too, I'll tell you later. So it was those dudes there and you know the this is ninth grade year, this is tenth grade year whatever. So as I now, I did not see what they become. So I'm there and I ball out and then that's when so it's at Uga. So that's when Rick was a head coach, Van Gordon was DC, Van Halliser was a weight coach.
Speaker 4: All these dudes, I still remember them.
Speaker 13: And then they offered me. So I had like s m U and Jacksonville State. I had these little bitty bullshit offers, not bullshit offers, sorry, just lower schools.
Speaker 4: Playoffs. Congratulations. I was saying, like you came around, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 13: So, but then Georgia offered me, and I would say three days later I had like one hundred scholarship offers. Really, and when they see because those coaches, bro, it's like like football and copycat league. That recruiting shit is copycat one or two big ones. Once you get a big one, the other school's like, why the fuck do they want him, and so they now they start like they I start doing their research and whatever. They're like, oh, if you're a Michigan, Ohio State has to offer you now because now they're right, and they start doing it. So I had all them damn offers. So I used to commit it to Georgia. I was committed Georgia for like through well, let me go back. I was going between Georgia Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina State with chuck a motto and their boosters are very friendly. North Carolina states are and then so it's between Georgia and Florida. And so then Spurrier decides to go play go coach the commanders. Now I'm getting used to the name change. And so as soon as Spurrier leaves Florida, who recruited me for two years, I committed to Georgia for like three weeks. And I'm in Atlanta. It's a forty five minute drive. So I'm driving up to Athens every weekend. Friday. I'm going up to a hanging out with Boss Bailey and what Tony Gilbert and all them boys. I'mna be a bulldog. Spurrier gets the job. I love Charlie Strong. I love Charlie Strong. I went to South Carolina, visit South Carolina, loved Charlie Strong, but I don't think Columbia, South Carolina is a place for a black man to be because as I was there, I felt uncomfortable. So I'm like, Chuck, I love you to death, man, very smart dude, just like the way he communicates is amazing. And so then I committed to Georgia. Then now Zuck Fuck's around and hires Charlie Strong as the DC of Florida, and I still had one visit to Florida. I had my last visit Florida. But once once uh Spurrier left, no I had I had one official left and it was scheduled to go to Florida. But once Spurrier left, I was like, fuck, and I just committed to Georgia and I'm going up Georgia for like two of the three weekends in the row. I'm going up Georgia just hanging out. And then Zuk gets the job and he starts recruiting me, and I love like Zuck's a good dude, a good recruiter, but I'm like, I'm going to Georgia and then he hires Charlie Strong as the DC, and Charlie called me. He was like, chain, you still got one more of it? Just come down here, eat some stone crab, eat some steak, like have you know, just enjoy yourself. Come on down, I said.
Speaker 4: Cool.
Speaker 13: Went down to Florida. There was some very There were some handshakes, expensive handshakes. There was some handshakes. Taylor. My mom had a Mitzi b C dial Monte.
Speaker 4: When we went down three.
Speaker 13: Weeks later, she had an explore, uh, friends of the program as they call it, and it was what it was.
Speaker 4: And so we're driving back to.
Speaker 6: Did you ever get anything cash? Like friends?
Speaker 4: Like? Hey, he had like what was it? The craziest thing.
Speaker 13: It's so funny because I just don't want it. I got way more money from other schools, but I lost Charlie Strong and State they were they were they were very gifting.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Now, when you don't go to NC State and they gifted you that much, they asked for it back. They don't ask for it back. You don't ask for it back.
Speaker 13: Or the agents that gave you money in college and then you don't sign with them. That's what I had a problem when I got in the league with well, the agents that were you know that would come to Gainesville and just hang out. I don't know if it was like that where y'all, but like in Gainesville the agents would come or have runners, right, and games with Lane. But three three clubs on a Saturday night that like the players are gonna go to. You know, they got the little fucking duck off the little mono bars that y'all go to, but like the real parties, yeah, the whole in a while, y'all call where y'all share beer mugs and ship but in games. But it was like three or four clubs that all the players can go to. So they would have runners go there and then they talked to you and they have a secsion. They buy bottles for you, and they'd give you all this stuff and they just get your number and you know, kind of like make you comfortable. So there were two agents. One of them passed actual, but there were two agents that were that were yeah, and so it was going on gives number, Okay, well it's a Saturday night.
Speaker 4: Actually, me and Drew don't get along.
Speaker 13: What I interviewed Drew, I don't like like, I don't like arrogance, like I like cool, Like I like sitting around bullshit, Like I don't like the arrogance of jew Roshouse said, brother, Like we're cool talking with see each other, but I would never like I met Drew the first time, I me and my mom met with him, and as soon as he walked out the room, I was like, me and my mom on each other like nah, like that's not my type person that I'm gonna do whatever. It was all about him. It wasn't like you can do this, you can be this. I'm gonna help you do that. Drew's about what he's gonna do for you. So you're the commodity of what my creation is gonna build for you.
Speaker 4: Bitch.
Speaker 13: You not out here in these big motherfuckers. You not out here wrestling big bitches like you like but you but'ch me, I'm going out here hitting fucking Derek Henrys and you know what I'm saying. Like he just talked about the say so much. So me and Drew didn't get along, but uh, but the I had some I had two two agents after I signed Joe Siegel. It was my agent my whole career. Joe Joe Michael Vick's agent. He has a bunch of great guys, Mosses and all him. So I signed with Joe, but I had some guys I was like in my second or third year.
Speaker 4: So I saw him again and they were.
Speaker 13: Like, hey, bro, you know I slid you like a hundred I was like, man, appreciate it.
Speaker 6: One hundred grand during the agent recruiting process, yeah, or.
Speaker 13: Throughout throughout the time I got last year. Yeah, my senior or fuck I was a sophomore. Oh, I want to stay at school as long as y'all. It's just that's that schools, that's schools. They were resting my ass every six months, they wrote me. I got I went to electric kind of jail three times.
Speaker 4: Doing what impersonating officers.
Speaker 13: No, this is even worse, just whooping ass and not even starting it. The frat boys what got me.
Speaker 4: They are a problem.
Speaker 13: And they get all together and there's fifty of them, and now they feel tough because it's fifty of them. But I knew if you knock out four or five bitches quick, the other forty five are gonna be like, I don't want to be in his situation. So as only that in Florida, if you look at my wreck, I got felony assault charge and artist. It was guys with a big group of people that would feel empowered to go and try.
Speaker 4: You know, you're the big dude on campus.
Speaker 13: Let's go try the big black dude with braids and tattoos and you know the.
Speaker 4: Yeah, did you just call me a bit?
Speaker 13: And I'd hit him in the face and he'd fall down, and his buddy run up, and then he'd fall down, and then the other forty eight would look at their friends and they'd run away, and I get arrested for assault, and I'm like, what the fuck, Like he's.
Speaker 4: The one that started this all. And that's the conversation I have with Ron's. Look at Charlie Strong, what the fuck are you doing?
Speaker 5: Channing?
Speaker 4: The dude called me a bitch. I puss him the face coach.
Speaker 13: He fell down. John was broken. That's not my fault.
Speaker 4: He didn't drink milk when he was a baby, That's and that's all my I saw. All my chargers were just.
Speaker 13: Fighting like frast or like big, big, like drunk groups of guy fights and I would be the main one in the middle, just swinging. And then now the cops are looking at you. Oh the big light skined. Dude, he's the one charge. I didn't start this ship. I just whooped some asks and finished it. Yeah, and now I'm on papers when I got to the league. When I got when I got drafted by the Dophins, I still was on When you got drafted. This was after your junior year, sophomore year, sophomore year, a gray shirt. It was that's that's shaky.
Speaker 4: So you went to the league after your sophomore year.
Speaker 13: Yeah, oh wow, Yeah it was shaky.
Speaker 4: You really like that? Huh? Yeah.
Speaker 13: I could run like I was four two forty five running the four five, and you could Yeah, and I would bend.
Speaker 6: I'm good for you, bro, I mean leaving after your third years big time crazy.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's it wasn't now I'm saying, but football was so easy until the league.
Speaker 4: That's where high school was cake, Like, what was your what was your rookie year? Oh five? I got drafted, oh five.
Speaker 13: And then mel Kiper told me I was going first round if we talked about it before first round, Green Bay at twenty, New England run the PA. The Patriots won the Super Bowl a year before that, so New England at thirty two at the latest, and I was guaranteed eight million dollars. So I went and got a million dollar credit line and spent three hundred and something thousand from January when I declared until the draft, and then once I once I dropped the third round and got the five hundred thousand dollars signing bonus. I was like, yeah, never mind about that credit line, and Lords of London were like, no, that's not how credit lines works, sir, you have to pay us back.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's the whole signing bonus. Had to go oh no, yeah about pretty much.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I'd say so three. I'd say three seventy. So my signing bonus aftertax was like five eighty eight. So we had most of my signs. So you were you were a problem, Yeah, he was probably it was a character they they peg mans a character guy. They were like, he's a character guy who's been arrested a number of times.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be a problem. So I was all them. I was an all American.
Speaker 13: But they dropped it the third round and all these raggedy ass like Odell Thurmon from Odell could play ball like Loaf of the Tupoo. I remember dude that could fucking play ball. They were six or seven guys in four minutes, three or four guys for me that I got drafted.
Speaker 4: And I was like, this bitch ain't better than me. But they were, yeah, all American, how you doing.
Speaker 6: So you would say, you would say you're not a character. You would say you shouldn't be labeled as a character guy after a.
Speaker 4: Hot so after forty three minutes of telling us all the things you told.
Speaker 6: Us, I'm a character dude, your your charisman, label assault chargers, being in jail, spinning a credit line right.
Speaker 13: Before the I mean, it's but it's not think about.
Speaker 4: That you're in a safe place. I was always characterized. That got figured out my rookie year from college.
Speaker 13: That's the crazy thing. But and I don't know the details of it, but.
Speaker 4: It's the same thing as you.
Speaker 1: It's bush.
Speaker 13: It's you are gonna call a grown man a bitch and think there's no repercussions of this. I came down, I'll tell you, And I came down from Atlanta to Florida. And I know now because now I've coached in high school and Florida dudes would be like, yeah, you bitch, and they like they talked ship back and forth in Atlanta. If you call me a bitch, we have to.
Speaker 4: Figure it out. Like I said, even lock up.
Speaker 13: Like nowadays they shoot damn people like people are crazy about it. But back then, when I was with the Dolphins, Randon McMichael went to Georgia, remember the tight End. We're both Georgia boys, and it was Florida Georgia Week and we were talking ship to each other and We're just talking shit all week and at some point Raydon was like, man, shut the fuck up, like man, fuck you bitch, and he when I said it, I was like, fuck, we have to fight now. And Randy turned around and this is a Wednesday. This is Wednesday, seven am in the morning, and me and Randy rolled around on the ground fought through time. Now I found out I lost because I thought it was a tie.
Speaker 4: We thought it was.
Speaker 13: Everybody's told me, if you the guy that says a tie, every tie, right. My thought was he was bleeding, his lip was bleeding, and my lip was bleed. But now I'm hearing it from you know, Ronnie Brown and different teammates.
Speaker 4: They were like, man, Randy was wearing your ass out, and we fought.
Speaker 13: You know what we did later that, like after practice when we went to practice, we're still mad and ship We go to one on one drills, you know, pass coverage and I'm fucking hold trying to twist them around. After practice, we went to Eden, which is a strip club down the road from the Dolphin facility. We went to Eden, We took us a couple of shots, we drunk a couple of beers, and we went home and that was the end of it. It lasted for twelve hours.
Speaker 4: It's beautiful. That's how it's supposed to be.
Speaker 6: Nowadays, if I'm a GM, I'm still thinking, like, okay, he could have some characters.
Speaker 1: This dude.
Speaker 13: The little is that character issue? That is that fucking manhood.
Speaker 4: Is a little bit.
Speaker 6: It could be space for both.
Speaker 4: Is that manhood? If somebody calls you a bitch? All right?
Speaker 13: Oh now, no, people could call me any fucking word in the book, I'm gonna walk away tell you, like back then at twenty two, Yeah, you're not calling me a bitch and you were rich. If you say the word bitch, we're we're gonna touch each other.
Speaker 4: And there's no other words out there that would affect you. The way bitch does.
Speaker 13: It's a it's it's some phrases back in effect, but just that word bitch. When I was twenty, if you call me a bitch, we're touching each other. And if you call me a bitch and you're riding away on the bus, now it's on site. Next time I see you, I gotta touch you.
Speaker 4: Are you gonna tell him or you're gonna walk a couple of swim I.
Speaker 13: Tell everybody, Yeah, we gotta fight. We gotta fight. Yeah, I don't want to. I don't want to sneak anybody I walk up.
Speaker 4: I've actually.
Speaker 13: This might help some little kids out there, as I might help some kids. So recently probably, I would say recently last five, five, five, eight years.
Speaker 4: We still going. Me and my wife still party.
Speaker 13: I don't know if y'all are old curmudgeons, but we still get in the streets. Me and my wife party. We go to South Beach, We go to all the club birthday parties.
Speaker 4: Like we go out.
Speaker 13: We go to the strip club, like we hang out. Me and my wife hang out. And the Legiti bugs, you know, they get going. You know, people get you know, drunk or they whatever drugs in the system inebriated with something and they get a little antsy and they started arguing at you, I'll calmly start tying my shoes, Like if you start, if you get all mad and you're sitting there and you're talking shit and your boys on your back.
Speaker 4: But now two seconds.
Speaker 13: And I just calmly start tying my shoes and they'll be like, what the fuck you doing? I was like, no, well, we'll get after hold on, let me just get ready. They don't like it blows their mind, like he's getting ready to fight. This isn't emotional, and I won't have no, no, no, let me tie up. I was like, let me tie up, man, let me take my watch off, and it will fight. And it's the fuse probably twenty fights that I was about to get in over the last eight years, because then they have to think about it, like, what the fuck does he know that I don't know if he's tying his shoes and taking his jewey off calmly and I'm this emotional, he's about to choke the shit out of me, And I was. And they walk away and they yell over their buttery's shoulder and I'm like, okay.
Speaker 4: But then have a go on. Man, let me ask you hypothetical. I hope the kids, Yeah, the kids out there. That's good. So coach, if you're gonna fight somebody, tie your shoes first.
Speaker 13: Calmly tie your shoes and tell them hold on two seconds, let me get ready, excuse the situation and diffuse the situation. But it also makes him think about he has to know something because I'm fighting out of motion and he's fighting off knowledge.
Speaker 6: And not necessarily know something. But you're also thinking like, this is a crazy motherfucker handle himself.
Speaker 4: He enjoys.
Speaker 13: He enjoys this, and I enjoy wants blood.
Speaker 4: Like we're just talking to her like with the lock up. I love lockups. Like if y'all were like, hey, let's go wrestle, I'll be like, okay, ship, we can go. Let's go wrestle. We was just saying before the podcast, he's been wanting to wrestle someone to lock up. We can lock up, Like we'll lock up and see you might dump my ass. I might dump your ass. Got you, he can wrestle rebox the little goddamn pedal pushes. Man, what you're talking.
Speaker 13: About, y'all know what it took little fight with the little the basket in the back that people ride around festivals.
Speaker 6: Dude, I've been wanting to ass whole time. You talked about Florida and then going in the draft of what four you said five?
Speaker 4: So were you.
Speaker 6: Around during the documentary that cat the Year of the Bull?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, what is this? What is this?
Speaker 6: So they made like this document because he went to Miami of Northwestern and Miami in Northwestern coach is absolutely fucking crazy, like they're fighting their coaches like it's they're an incredible football team. But these coaches, they would be. They'd be fighting in practice. It'd be halftime if they were down or if it was closer anything. The coaches are in there and they're slapping the ship out of all the kids, like in the shower. But I remember watching The Year of the Bull, this cat TC because he ended up committing to coach Zuke. His coach Zuk was at Illinois at the time when I was getting recruited, and it was like, I'm watching this cat, so you play with him?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Now, Tom was good. I think they should have put it. They tried to play make him play linebacker. They should have put him a DN off back. He was like one of the highest recruits coming out right. I think TC had thirty sacks at senior year something crazy. But he wasn't the biggest guy, so they tried to put him at like off the ball backer, which I think it was a mistake at Florida. At Florida, okay, but TC could play serious grown ass man. And then the lot of a lot of them guys the discipline of it. So a lot of guys at Florida we had, man, we had so many great athletes, but the discipline of those guys that come from some schools like you can't even see it where where the guy is crazy. The guys from Bold just sprints and a norse and jumps on them.
Speaker 4: I know that coach. I see him to this day. What is he doing. He's building culture. These kids fight back. He's teaching them a lesson. What lesson is he teaching?
Speaker 13: I'm crazy. To me, I'm gonna talk the ship out you.
Speaker 4: I don't know. He's different.
Speaker 13: First, yeah, play, me and TC had a lot of we we want a lot of fights together.
Speaker 4: But he yeah, he didn't pan out fitting.
Speaker 13: Now he's like a he's huge. Now he's mustard he's like a personal trainer. He's still the Miami. We had some dogs, and we had some dogs and that.
Speaker 4: That whole Yeah.
Speaker 13: I like the Urban's crew was Zooks Recruits six eight, those those championship teams. Chris Leek won the O six championship. T Bow was a gadget guy.
Speaker 4: And they didn't even give Chris Leek a lot of credit in that documentary. Bro he threw up the swamp. Yeah yeah, Florida Gator's dad was. That documentary was so disappointing.
Speaker 6: It was especially all the trouble that happened too. They didn't cover none of that. Chris Leak was just like he was just a moment in that documentary and you're right, like he was the man.
Speaker 13: He was the he was the monster. So me and Chris, Me and Chris came in together. He was the offensive rook of freshman year. I was the freshman year and one of them. Damn whatever, I don't know, I did something.
Speaker 4: He was a freshman American or something all that ship.
Speaker 13: So we did something we used to do, like these little these little tours together and just beat it too little, you know, little hey, we have we have quod players here and it was me and Chris doing all this stuff as freshman, but Chris was Chris was the dog. But all those guys, the the Jarvis Mosses and Marcus thomas is the Ray McDonald's, all them dudes that went to the.
Speaker 4: League, those were zook recruits.
Speaker 13: Urban Urban inherited a hell of a roster. That Urban brought a t bow and put some damn structure around it. And that's where Urban started winning championships. And then if you look, when Urban didn't have those guys, he had to recruit his own guys. Now his heart start hurting them. Think about it now you remember the story, y'aller.
Speaker 4: Family, it's in any wind Ohio state. Yeah, because he was a lot of recruits.
Speaker 13: He wanted to go get another batch of great recruits.
Speaker 4: Urban ain't dumb Urban. Look at him, Look at him.
Speaker 13: We go, Oh, I ain't got no five stars.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my heart murmuring, bitch, y'all, I ain't murmuring nothing, Big Urban Urban is a good coach.
Speaker 13: Don't I think it's a terrible recruiter.
Speaker 6: What would what would you learn from your teammates that were still at Florida When you're in the league and you're because I'm assuming like you still have relationships with guys because you're learning. You're still learning about that Florida Gator team that was the Florida Gators back in the late two thousands.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I left because because Zuke left. That was one of the reasons I went early as a grace start sophomore, so I was getting I got arrested three times my first two years. So the last time I got to wrestled with my worst one, that was the Felony Chargers, and Urban ended up getting the jobs they fire Zook. Were like four games left in the season and Zuk remember we I don't remember five.
Speaker 4: We beat Florida.
Speaker 13: So we went to Florida State and be Florida State on Bobby Bowden Memorial Night whatever, and we carried Zuk off the field and all that shit. So we played the Peace Bowl that year and and Zuke now Zuk left because Urban was already hired throughout that whole stretch, So Charlie Strong was the head coach of the Peace Bowl that year, went to Atlanta, and throughout like between the last game and the Bowl game, I'm partying. I used to I used to go, I used to party. I was out every night, every single night.
Speaker 6: Shouldn't have been a carre Yeah, shouldn't been labeled.
Speaker 4: The character guy.
Speaker 13: I'm a guy at the community and and and the female race. See all the misogynistic I like to I like, I like everybody to enjoy life, and I want to give my body and my time to everyone.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 13: But uh, And so I got a call from I forget the Eric code. It was like a Thursday night, seven six one called myself phone, call myself and call myselfhone. We're at my actual at my apartment. We're partying, and the phone called me four or five times over and over again. So I finally pick up, and I A'm mad. I'm like, man, who is Hey, what's up?
Speaker 4: Who is this?
Speaker 13: They were like, hey, this is coach Anderson from Utah because that's where Urban came from.
Speaker 4: He was at Utah with Alex Smith and them and all that shit.
Speaker 13: He was like, this is this is this is coach Anderson from Utah. And you know, Urban Meyer got the job and he wants to And I'm already thinking about leaving. I already talked to agents, like we talked about I already. You know, I've allegedly made it take some money from different people. So I'm thinking about leaving. And then they called and he you know, I pick up and he's like, hey, this is coach Anderson. You know, uh, you know, coach Meyer got the job.
Speaker 4: He like to talk to you.
Speaker 13: I was like, yeah, put on my phone. First thing he ever said to me. I said hello, He said, hey, this is coach Meyer. I said, what's up. Coach said yeah, I heard. You know, you're get in some trouble and we're not gonna deal with that when I get down there. We need good leaders, we need good structure. We need and I'm thinking, I'm like, the first time you ever talked to me, you're gonna reprimand me. I've never seen Urban Meyer before. This is before Urban was what Urban is not this. Urban Meyer was a D two coach that luckily got the Florida job. First thing he said was yeah, I hear you get in a lot of trouble and I'm not gonna deal with that. When I get down there. I said, I'll do spect. Coach just sain't the way you talk to me. And I hear the phone shuffle, and then Coach Anderson picks the phone back up and says, Okay, we'll see you soon, no shit. And that's when I said. I called my mom the next morning. I was like, I'm going to the league. I was like, after this peach Ball, I'm gonna play Miami played Miami, Miam Beach said I Dad has to win.
Speaker 4: Frank.
Speaker 13: I think Frank went crazy too. I know Devin went crazy and uh. And I told my mom, like, I'm leaving. I was like, I'm a declarer.
Speaker 4: And if you look, we played the Peace Bowl on New Year's Day whatever.
Speaker 13: I declared them the third and I'm like, I can't play for a dude like that. Then he's basically going win that championship next year.
Speaker 6: God you know too, Like when they're making the run, he's like, I wouldn't mind if they maybe just drop one, drop one.
Speaker 4: I want them to go far because it's my alma mater. But they can't win the name.
Speaker 13: It's crazy. So I'm out there. I go to the game because I know everybody on the team. I go out there to Arizona, ted Ginn and me and tg A boys because he got drafts of the Dolphins. Teddy Gang gets hurt from the first player of that National championship game. Ohiouse stayed out there and I'm I'm sitting right on the sideline watching the fucking win that championship.
Speaker 4: God party. Huh.
Speaker 13: That That was that And the year I retired, I had a workout schedule with the Seahawks, So I went to New England worked out the Buffalo workout and the Seahawk workout. And after the New engiand workout, I was my wife was pregnant. I was like, shit, I'm gonna hang it up for you. I ain't playing retired, was like, I'm a chill four year. And then the Seahawks won the two bowlder next year.
Speaker 4: Hold on, you thought you should have set out for a year and hang out.
Speaker 13: I was really didn't come back to the league, but I already had guaranteed. I had guaranteed because it was after the lockout year. So they cut me. When we came back from the lockout. What was that ten?
Speaker 4: Yeah? We I was in college, but yeah, I think it was twenty ten. Fucking puppy. Look at his mustache. But so we cast it. Well, we came back from the lockout. We he was in college too, You little bitches.
Speaker 13: Remember that's a lockout years. Yeah, okay, so ten lockout software.
Speaker 4: That was okay.
Speaker 13: So in that year, if you had so knowing the lockout was gonna come, you would backload your contract. So I backloaded my contract, so I took some money off my signing boats put it in the end to guarantee. So three year deal, good money up front, low, second year high, third year guaranteed because if the lockout, you still want to get paid. So when they cut me, already I guaranteed.
Speaker 4: And the Dolphins right when the yeah.
Speaker 13: So they are have guarantee money. They were like, hey, you want to take pacuse. I was like, I'm not taking anything under which I'll guarantee me because I already took it off the front end, and so they're like, well, we need the money, we'll moved. I was like, well, you do what you want to, Jeff Ireland, you kiss my ass. I'm not taking any more money. You already owe me this. So it's like okay, so I'm all ready I already gotta check that year. So I'm like to your point, I was like, yeah, i'm'a just I'm gonna just get these checks. I'm gonna work out a little bit i'ma you know. It was my first son, who's thirteen now. I was a little chairing and I was like, yeah, I'm gonna I'm gonna just chill out, chill out for this year, workout, get healthy, get everything back, and I'm gonna go back and play. And uh, that was after the New England workout. Yeah, New England had Buffalo set up in Seahawks and then the Seahawks won the next year and then but shit, it was it was probably after I said I'm gonna take a year off.
Speaker 4: It was three weeks later.
Speaker 13: I remember where I was sitting on the couch in my house and it was like a Wednesday morning, and I just felt like the no, there's no pressure.
Speaker 4: On me because I was a guy.
Speaker 13: You know, I learned under Zach Thomas and Junior say of the fucking like, ain't no fucking film study. Like when I opened my eyes in the morning, I think of, like, okay, twelve person, now off the tight emotions over, not yo yo. If he just goes straight over, that has to be a run. But if he yo yo's, they'll pass because they want it. Like I used to think about like all these little kids in it and I was sitting there on a Wednesday morning, drinking coffee. My son was crawling around in the fucking little pads, little fences, you little dog fences.
Speaker 4: You put your kids in there.
Speaker 13: And I'm sitting there and I'm just I'm just at a calm place, and I was like, man, fuck this football shit. I was like my my, like the mental like, I didn't know how much pressure was football put on me until it stopped.
Speaker 6: Isn't that interesting? Like the my last few years, like when I was out, when I was it's like when I got cut from the Saints and got an injury settlement, and I'm seeing the last thing I had played for was the Titans, and you're seeing the Titans kind of in it. That was when your guys ninety seven year. But at first, the way you guys started the season, you're like watching these games unfold and you're thinking, fuck, thank god, I don't.
Speaker 4: Have to be in those team meetings are nineteen right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, twenty nineteen When you just start to taste like just the other side of it a little bit, and then you just start to like, man, this stress is fucking different from when you're operating every day playing football every day and you've been doing it your entire life.
Speaker 4: It's interesting. It's interesting when you like get out of the game for a little bit and you see guys in the way they operate and the way you can see the way they're viewing the world, and you're just saying yourself, Man, if you just assumed that a little bit, you would realize that what you're solely focused on right now is not that big of a deal.
Speaker 6: I mean, I remember even our conversation all the time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, because I was I was very much like you were explaining it. I was one hundred percent ball all the time, and I would be stressed. I would know I was stressed. But even watching it now, like going and watching the warm Us before a game, it's like, I can't believe I played. I cannot like it seems like a like a she hates that happen. You're like, fuck, Like Jesus, you see Trevor Lawrence yesterday hit the way he did. I'm thinking to myself, if I was playing, I'm fighting that guy. Immediately, I'm getting objected from that game. Yeah, And then I think back, I said back with my two kids, I'm like, but I'm on the couch chilling like that, like you feel the moment where you're like, oh, I don't got to do nothing, like nothing's got to happen here, Like I'm just living my life now. It's just crazy. The war that you're in. The wars won.
Speaker 13: But the mental side of it, of like they say the one percent and one percent shit, you don't know you're that because you were always that right.
Speaker 4: You can say it like you can say the words people say, oh, hey, you're one percent one percent, You're like yeah, but it never registers the fact that you're doing what they're saying you are.
Speaker 13: Because we we were good in high school, we got scholarships, we got to school, we were good. Like it was no fight, Like we worked hard, but it was no fight, fight fight. You get to the league and your start and you're playing, oh, this is life and the but the mental side of it, like that's the craziest shit to me is when that day, sitting down and I did not think about an offensive line. I didn't think about when they run the power, that off guard is gonna be a little wider than so I'm trying to read this fucking triangle. I would wake up thinking about the triangle, both guards to full.
Speaker 4: Back, both guards, like, fuck that ship. I don't want to look at a guy damn full back again, strong arm in it, Like, how are you gonna do?
Speaker 13: I front side this power like that ship. And it used to just wear on my fucking mind. And I was sitting on a Wednesday morning. I remember Little Chain was right there, TV was there, my wife was in the bedroom taking a shower or something, and I said, fuck this football, man, this is what I want to do. And that's when it was it.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 4: He was thinking, I don't need this ship anymore.
Speaker 13: Yeah, well, yeah, the contracts didn't hurt.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 13: If I hit that second contract, I'd have still been out there running around, Oh for sure, running down, don't kick off. Yeah, but then, yeah, I hit that second contract. Got me a little What was.
Speaker 6: Your first move when you were when you were retired, because obviously the pivot of the podcast itself doesn't happen till years after, Like, how'd your transition go when you were first transitioning out of the league.
Speaker 4: A lot of guys struggle.
Speaker 13: Yeah, No, I think the media side was was easy for me because my last couple of years they asked me to do a radio show. So on Monday, Monday night, I do an hour and Friday night I do an hour on like this radio show, and it'll be remote. It'd be honestly. The first one was that Hooters. They were like, come to Hooters talking about football for an hour and we'll give you, you know, a thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: I was like, this is great.
Speaker 13: When all I'm doing is paying for the meal. I'm gonna drink, have a good time. You know, I wasn't even married back then. I was like, Ship might grab me something bad.
Speaker 4: We good to go. Got the whole place around the corner right there. No, we don't got a kiss. Kiss, let's go.
Speaker 13: I'm not a kisser, but uh but so I did that and then Channel six News down there they used to record me talking ship to the media and they used to call they call it crowded Corner, so they would like edit it and they just sat when all the media walked in. I just make fun of everybody walking in, make fun of all the beat riders, make fun of everybody, and just.
Speaker 4: Roast people as they walk in.
Speaker 13: And they'd edited, they cut out the cuss words and they play it as the as the credits ran on the news and they asked the Dolphins could they do it, and Dolphins like okay. So then when I when my retirement, when my retirement was announced, the radio station I still work for to this day five secs WQAM, the artist station. I went through like CBS and a bunch of bunch of people bought it. But it's Odyssey now and they were like, hey, would you want to do a show? And I was like, yeah, man, I do anything. Guy that does the play by play for the Panthers now the color for the Panthers, Steve Goldsting, he had to put between radio and TV. And they asked me, like you wanted to show? So everything's just like God. Then I don't know our religious all or whatever, but God just lined it up and it was like, hey do radio. And I think the radio led into the podcasting, and then I do. I did the local TV ship for the you know, like we can all do the Dolphins, you know, Dolphins and Titans post games, pre game, little local stuff. So I did that and then let them podcasting and then it was just cake. And then you know, my wife's in the real estate, you know, buying houses and doing all that shit.
Speaker 6: And it's just like so fairly smooth.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a moment of like identity crisis at all, Like your whole life you've been a football player. And even with the transition, even seeing okay, I see that there's a path for me to find some sort of like you know, this is my new me. Was there ever that transition to being like, hey, I'm leaving something behind that I've had forever. Not really, I figured to that question. I figured out I didn't.
Speaker 13: I never thought about football in the fashion that people think about it. Like some people like talking to Fred and Ryan and them boys talking to some guys, they're like they were like, I want to be a Hall of Famer. I want to be of I want to lead the league in tackles. I want to do this, do that. Every single game I played in on the way on the bus on away games and in my truck on home games, I would think about how much money I'm about to make that afternoon swearter guy from my rookie and my rookie year. I remember I made seventeen thousand, eight hundred dollars a game my rookie year after taxes, and I would drive in and I'd be like, listen, go out here and hit some bitches hard, and they're about to give you eighteen thousand dollars. Then you get to your bigger contracts and it's one hundred grand a game, two hundred grand, and I'm like, they're about to pay you two hundred thousand dollars to.
Speaker 4: Go out here and tackle these business bro. Go out here, Bro, we would not have gotten a law. I'mun just telling you, we would not have gotten a law. We need more sack. It was a lot and bro.
Speaker 13: But the funny thing is that through Junior Seal, who was the first guy in the building, I would be the first guy in the building money Monday through Friday. You could never beat me to the facility. I was the first one there working out by myself at fourteen workouts, and then Zach was an afternoon guy after practice film watcher. I would sit right there with Zach. I'd be in the facility for fourteen fifteen hours. I would put the work in, but I wasn't trying to be the greatest four player ever. I thought it was crazy that they're paying me this kind of money to go out here and hit people.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, bro, go get this check. I mean, I I do like that spin at the end, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 13: I was like, bro, go get this check, and I was I would do the work to do it, but I'm gonna go out here. And it was never I never thought about Hall of Fame. I don't know the linebackers in the Hall of Fame. I don't like Zach my Man he would know, Carlos Dansby would know, a Brandon Marshall would know. They would know like that their number three in tackles or number three interceptions, number three in interceptions in the linebackers, so if they can get the two, then they can they would probably make They would know that shit throughout.
Speaker 4: The whole year.
Speaker 13: Yeah, they'd be like away everybody. I led the Dolphin in tackles one year, I think my second year. It was early my first second or third year. I lived Dolphin tackles. And when they told me, I was like, huh, like a man one hundred and forty tackles. I was like, oh yeah, z thatch was hurt. I be I beat that because it got hurt.
Speaker 4: Okay, ship there we go. Congratulations y'all bitches. Just pay me three million dollars.
Speaker 5: Get this.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it was really just it was a like I joke, Like my joking way of saying it is I played in the NFL like I worked at Walgreens. You know how people work at Walgreens. They wait for their first and fifteenth check, like I would do all the work to be good in football.
Speaker 4: But it was really like I worked at Walgreens. How much y'all about to pay me this month?
Speaker 11: Shit?
Speaker 13: How many y'all need some tackles? Y'all want to stop this run, I'm gonna stop the run. If you put me on that tight end his head, I'm he gonna catch the ball. I can't cover that bit. But if y'all want me to stop this run, I stopped this run. They had me to cover Tony Gains Dolls and Tonio Gates and them. I go tell the coach before the game, Coach, this, uh, this slot formation, Antonio Gates is gonna catch the.
Speaker 4: Ball if we don't check something. No, I tell him. You know what, trum I say.
Speaker 13: Y'all were running the corners over and now I'm gonna be on Antonio Gates because they're gonna flare that fucking full back.
Speaker 4: And I gotta take to.
Speaker 13: And he's gonna catch the ball. Well, you gotta get it lowing inside and all that bullshit they tell you. I said, coach, slice the seven, kiss my ass. This bitch is about to catch this ball. And they go catch the ball and I go to the sidelines, say, coach, I told you, ask him, kis his fucking ball.
Speaker 4: He's good. What they say after, how you coach that.
Speaker 6: We're trying to tell you how to cover it.
Speaker 12: They want to let inside and slide and cut the seven and then you know, watch his hip and put your put your hand low on his back and bitch, this is Tony fucking Gonzales.
Speaker 4: Bitch, get out there and covering.
Speaker 13: Paul Pascalone, that was one of the coaches. When't listen to me, Paul Pascaloney, dumb ass.
Speaker 4: Coach.
Speaker 13: Fuck this defense because my mom, I'm from Atlanta. We played Tony in Atlanta, and I'm thinking I'm watching that's when Tony went to Atlanta.
Speaker 4: Coach, do not make me cover twenty gazalas. I got sixty people in the stands.
Speaker 13: I gotta run slot, running, run the corner a long bitch, and that's gonna put me on Tony Gonzalez, do not do it. It's a fucking waste of time. This bitch had seven catches for eighty yards in the first half. Something stupid, and I wouldn't have time cut snapped, I said, bitch, I told you, I said, you call that defense. I mighta switched. I'm gonna go play Will And whoever was the wheel, I was gonna think it was Derek. I was imauting, like I'm gonna play Will. I'm not getting embarrassed like this on this guy. The coach I told him, I said, if you know, they're like no, exactly. It wasn't Zach at the time.
Speaker 4: It might have been.
Speaker 6: It's one route out of this form because that was like that can run.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I learned.
Speaker 13: I learned it from Zach because Zach used to tell coaches this ship doesn't work. We used to line up. He used to see the four mate exact. Zach's like rain man, zactly see it. What do they motion back?
Speaker 4: Coach?
Speaker 13: Where does they go trips with the bunch? And he was say sitting coaches couldn't answer the question, And so I started learning, like football like that right right, Well, we don't need we don't need to draw ship up, like let's talk football, we would hear.
Speaker 4: I would here guys bitching, complaining all the time in the locker room by stuff. The next year they'd be gone, those guys that were the loudest about this ship don't work, you will be gone.
Speaker 13: I started missing after the game and my money, but they ain't pay me to after Zach left. So Zach got traded to Casey first in Dallas. Is that with Casey Dallas? And that's when they paid me to play middle and brought Carlos Dance being able to play well, I.
Speaker 4: Love bro, dude. That fucking thought process. It's actually a beautiful thought process because it seems way less stressful more than when I was going, like I would keep tabs on all the other tackles that were like in the same realm at those years, and then if they gave up a sack, and I had to be like good more for me, good just a dude that I like, the dudes that I considered friends, I love them, but they give up a sack and be like I look better now, Like it's this is the war. You're playing an individual battle and a team battle. And I was all about I liked it just looking at the stats, look at all that stuff, like you said, your boy's word. That's how it was.
Speaker 13: It's funny. I tell the story about Sean Money Marshawn Lynch when he was a Buffalo. I go to Buffalo. He comes packed from the hotel. We go to Toronto, go to the strip club. When he came to Miami, I pick him up. We go to Touchy's hang out bullshit. We go to the game, We go warm up, do all our ship. We go to the we come out, come out in the game.
Speaker 4: Whatever you know. He warmed up.
Speaker 13: Want to walk to this other field, dap each other up. Hey man, I'm whoop your ass today. He'd be like, Bro, you ain't gonna tackle me.
Speaker 4: Fuck you.
Speaker 13: And we go out there and battle for four quarters. Then after the game we hug.
Speaker 4: Hey man.
Speaker 13: We play all in three weeks, man, I think we get up about two ship called me, give me the schedule, and we.
Speaker 4: Just it wasn't like you don't understand that.
Speaker 6: I'm literally in fight or flight every day of my every day.
Speaker 4: Really like people I played against were like I would see I would if you walk into the locker room with that care free attitude. I'm going to go do this to myself, How the fuck are they going to go to the Like we would land in Miami to play Miami and there'd be a bus full of guys going to Tutsis, Yeah, and I think to myself, how the fuck are they going to go do something like that? That's crazy, It's crazy, it's ball. I bought it.
Speaker 13: I bought a seven hundred dollars car old cutlass one time before a game, like Saturday, before a game, just because the guys in the locker room were like, you know, everybody's trying to show out driving and these fucking maseraties and all that shit. So I went into the hood and I bought like, I bought this old ass cutlass, and the brakes were shot so I couldn't go more than thirty five down the turnpike. So I just got in the slow lane, put on the hazard lights, and just rolled thirty five because if you off thirty five, if the brakes would work and I'd hit something. And I drove it all the way to the stadium just to sit it up front in front of everybody's maseraties and escalating shit. Like I was like it was just a it was a I don't wanna say it was a joke because I did work hard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it was also Walgreens.
Speaker 1: It was just it's a job, man.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Like I said, it's a beautiful mindset. It's a fucking job.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 13: This dude gets three eighty two minus taxes every two weeks. We get three hundred and eighty two thousand every two weeks. But you still got to come to work, do what your ball says, and grind.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 4: That's yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean I would have loved to have left after three years in Nebraska fall to the third round. Yeah, think about picking up seven hundred dollars cars. I'm the way to the game.
Speaker 4: Man. Well you your hips for him real quick. Exactly.
Speaker 6: I'm never on a contract where I'm like, hey, coach, we shouldn't run this call.
Speaker 4: I can't cover. Tony Gonzalez's like, you better fucking figure it out. You better, you better cover with people something. Yeah, you were saying call football is easy for you to get the NFL. Was it hard when we hit to the NFL because of just the NFL is harder? Or was it just what was so difficult about it? Because you brought it up a couple of times.
Speaker 11: Oh.
Speaker 4: Just the players, just everyone's just good. Just man.
Speaker 13: I remember remember Chris Chambers, No, you know the receiver Chris Chambers played for Miami. It was the first guy that, like I remember early in OTA's he was received play for the Dolphins. Went to Wisconsin and I turned the cover a crossing route and when I turned to cover it, I saw the quarterback release it, and so I'm thinking, like, okay, I'm about to you know what I'm saying. I turned over this shoulder to cover him going this way and I put my hand up and all I saw was nuts and Dick in my face. You're having to look up and Chris had like a forty inch vertical and it was the first time I was I've ever seen somebody.
Speaker 4: Jump that high.
Speaker 13: When I got to the NFL, and I was like, how how could I ever stop this ball from getting received?
Speaker 4: This bitch is twelve feet in a year, like I was saying, I like, how the what the fuck can you teach me to stop this?
Speaker 13: And the swear to gout when I turned it and I just saw I just saw legs and Dick. I was like, what the fuck if I got myself into.
Speaker 4: That was the thing. Man, Jonathan Ogden, he talked to me during plays when I played The Last Time You're On.
Speaker 13: He talked to me during plays like watching Randy mass Ladany and Thomlinson O six like it was times when like I say, it's funny, I talked about Antonio Gates and Tony's guns in them because I just ad Mike, You're always around the tight ends.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 13: It's just that goddamn Chiefs line with Willie RoAF and will Shields and all them.
Speaker 11: Bro.
Speaker 4: Steve Hutchinson, the big white boy, Yeah, always mad about something. They were so good at football, and I was like, I'm not this good at this game. Can y'all please twenty thousand? Priest? Priest was older than Larry, Remember Larry, He's just quiet. Can you please just give me twenty thousand as your transition.
Speaker 6: I'm just of that team that was a team that like legitimately just took a week off. Dick Vermial just gave him a week off because they were like undefeated.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 6: They would have like hat day on their walk through.
Speaker 4: And that was the thing.
Speaker 13: I remember Berning carry from you in one of my first times he threw me into the chain link fence on the side of dolphin feet like I blisched off the edge and they were running a zone that way, so he was already headed that way and they were on the right hash and he caught me and I'm just you know, I'm in college mode.
Speaker 4: Just I'm I'm faster than you.
Speaker 13: That caught me in the air and he walked me twenty yards and then threw me into the chain link fence like my third practice, And I was like, fuck, but it's just but the difference. In high school, I was one of the best athletes on the field at all times. College I was one of the best athletes on the field at all times. I got to the NFL, I was out of twenty two. I might have been top eight ten, And that was a different them. Motherfuckers are good, stupid.
Speaker 4: Good, still pretty good, I could say. But it was wild to me. But the NFL is figuring out that not everybody is that good. Like every team has four or five guys that are elite, and then usually the starters are really good, but the twos and threes, the drop off is insane. It's crazy because you think of the NFL you think everybody is so good, and then you really there's a huge difference, a huge talent gap between the ones and even the twos.
Speaker 13: That's what you see what teams like the whole injury thing. When teams get rosters loaded, notice roster's top heavy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you have dogs. But if they spray their dogs. Yeah, I mean look at the Niners.
Speaker 13: The Niners right now, they got should beat at them.
Speaker 4: They got over the Josh Allen dude. I mean, he might be it might be his year. Maybe if he can get over the curse of beating the Chiefs in the which I think he will. I don't think the Chiefs are going it's over, just like that guy man just won't get out of his own way.
Speaker 6: The Chiefs, I mean they're a great team. I just don't think they're gonna win the Super Bowl. You see the Eagles out, you see the Lions, the Bills.
Speaker 4: But it's him. I can't wait to see that. It's his fault. Lions INNFCY Championship game.
Speaker 6: The physicality in that game.
Speaker 4: The Lions. I like the Lions. I love their culture, I love their attitude, I love the way they process everything. I love their offensive line, how gritty and mean they are. I fuck with the Lions.
Speaker 13: All this cute ship swung, so all these cute motherfucking coaches, all the McDaniels and guys I'm friends with McVeigh, and then the mcfloyd, the Shannon, that Kyle Shanahan Tree. They show the fucking picture every time you're watch it on TV, and they show all of them with the Washington Commanders. Yeah, I'm learning.
Speaker 4: You want that name back, you want the old name back.
Speaker 13: I don't want it back, but it's just as fun you don't want to back. I don't know, man, this is twenty twenty four. People fuck with you. Some people want to be called different names and pronouns. I struggle with this.
Speaker 4: I don't want to dive into it.
Speaker 13: But do you see the teams that are successful are the ones that kick ass.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the teams take on the culture of their head coach. But the ones that start fucking people up are the teams that are good.
Speaker 13: Patrick Mahomes is Patrick Mahomes. But the Lions, the Eagles, all that somebody can just cut fucking come downhill and just whoop your ass.
Speaker 4: You can't do it.
Speaker 13: Was just like back when we played or when I played and when y'all played, because you've made it perfectly clear to them.
Speaker 4: Way old though you're very old. Back when we.
Speaker 13: Played, were in the fucking power eighteen times a game. We call it checking your oil. That's what happened.
Speaker 4: You had to check their fucking oil. Find out how the Ravens do it.
Speaker 6: Think about it, the AF the a f C, the Packers, and now you're talking about the floor. Like the Packers are a physical team too, Josh Jacobs, he's.
Speaker 13: Third in the league, Jacob's but they run that they run that wide zone.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you something about that zone. That ship can be just as defeating as a power if you run it that consistently. Yeah, it is because I was. I went from the power gap scheme playbook, like my first three years, four years, and then after that we went to like that zone, everyone kind of running at a forty five degree angle and you'll find the whole somewhere, and I was like the most resistant to it. That was when I was probably the most vocal about this shit is not working. I went to an OTA's practice and the guys went inside four or five times getting TFLs, and I was like this shit's stupid. We should not do this. If you have an offensive line that can run that, that is the best offense and it will fucking rooin you. Yes.
Speaker 13: I used to love planning zone as a backerd because it's set. You just have to read the guy in front of you. If he gets hooked, you go fast if he gets as long as you got somebody.
Speaker 4: Set in the edge. Yeah, you have to have somebody. You can't have somebody to get this placed in the front end, and you can't have somebody to get cut off in the back end. That's why there's so many there's so much room for error with gap scheme. It's all it's ABC gap like this you do you go into out inside zone, same thing, like you have a structure of where everything's going to go when it comes to outside zone. Dude, it could be anywhere. Could it could go off the tight end slash block at the end and just cut right off that like it's that's what's so great about that offense. I love it. I hated it and now I love it. But power powers where you find out if you're a man, that's tech your oil.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I do have Speaking of checking your oil and running the football and playing great defense. I do have my annual all white roster dropping this week.
Speaker 4: It is all white roster. It's this year.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, it's a new year. Bro.
Speaker 4: We got we got last night turnover. You're it can't be a lot of turnover.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you gotta play smart football, and we got some good milk in this rookie class. You look at Cooper Dejean, Riley Moss really showing himself as a d as a dB. Riley Moss blanking ship in the back end.
Speaker 13: Harrison blanking ship, blanking ship. I'm just saying, bro, you think any goddamn person ever said, hey coach, I don't know if I'm oving blanking ships on me.
Speaker 6: They're gonna play some quality zone the.
Speaker 4: You got you got? Man?
Speaker 12: You talk.
Speaker 4: I was like, well you text me. I was like, it can't be year to year because the turnover is not that good for your side. Listen, do you want to hear my roster? Let me hear it? All right, this is this quarterback You got some quarterbacks.
Speaker 6: Joe Burrow, Josh Allen making a repeat coming back on the Squadratulations, Christian McCaffrey.
Speaker 4: He just got hurt.
Speaker 6: Listen, this is all, you're you're assuming full health.
Speaker 13: Christian McCaffrey. Yeah, I think he's very talented. His body's frail.
Speaker 6: James Connor, I think is on the fence. His middle name is Earl.
Speaker 4: Look at that. James Red.
Speaker 6: He skinned James earl'connor full back, Patrick riccard alec Ingold. You saw the special on Alis, You saw the special on him the other night. He don't say the word. Both of his adopted parents are white. If you saw the special, you know he's with us.
Speaker 11: So is it?
Speaker 4: Is it here?
Speaker 11: It is?
Speaker 6: Or is it if I gotta die white people? One of my white could Patrick Cards still got Patrick if you want it. Tears tight end, Brock bowers By McBride, George Kittle, Travis Kelsey, Kelsey got some tight end tackles. We're taking Jordan Mylotta. He's from Australia. He's from Australian played rugby.
Speaker 4: Rugby Australians probably the most white country.
Speaker 6: Lane Johnson, you got Lane center, We got all of them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, pick one. When I look that interior, line y'all holding it down.
Speaker 6: Guard Chris Linstrom and Kevin Zeitler. Zeitler Zyler, Yeah, Yeah, Browns Joe Tuney, Quentin Nelson, Will fries from Nicole wide receiver, Lad Mconkie, Cooper, cup Alec Pearce, Luke mccra Luke McCaffrey, Drake London. He kind of seems like skipitar Way London.
Speaker 1: So y'all just go.
Speaker 4: So can we have the Polynesians? I think we got pooking Nicola. So you can have.
Speaker 6: Interior D line, interior D line in TI your D line, Zach, Zach, Saylor, Brayden Fisk, Farrison Phillips.
Speaker 4: You called J J. White.
Speaker 6: I'm sure you can get a couple of good snaps out of him. The edge, Aiden Hutchinson, t J Watt, Trey Hendrickson leaves the league in sacks, Nick Bosa, Max Crosby, check out the Lamar Jackson the Backs.
Speaker 4: Now you might have a pay a case to get Crosby Crosby black. Yeah, I mean trist Oh he got a little he got a little edge to him.
Speaker 13: He does, he got a little little something to him. Yeah, did you say, Lad, somebody's name is McCone.
Speaker 4: Chargers played at Georgia.
Speaker 6: Lind White breaks him off line back Logan Wilson, Robert Splaine, Peyton Wilson, Jack Campbell, Jack Gibbons, Blaine, Yes, Blaine's spleazy check out.
Speaker 4: Give him an one needs third and one. Twenty twenty safety Derrick Henry through the middle. Who's there, Robertspulane practice pop got a stinger? Yeah, he was out for a couple of plays, but he came back and he loves football.
Speaker 6: Football safety Red Blankets, Parrison Smith, Christian McCaffrey.
Speaker 4: They play table to this.
Speaker 6: Cornerback Cooper Dejean, Riley moss Ethan Bonner.
Speaker 4: Now what you should be thinking of yourself. He's in Bonner. Yeah, practice squad guy. He's he's gonna he's locking it down. He's gonna do he's locking.
Speaker 6: We're playing zone, you're rushing through, you're dropping.
Speaker 4: Eight and there rushing three. Drop whole game. Dude, imagine are you t J Watt?
Speaker 13: No, I'm gonna run draws with Derrick Henry and god damn Saquon Barkley.
Speaker 4: One's light skin too though, he's lights getting also, So let's not we're not gonna take one off the board. I follow yall. You know, I'll watch it all. Who's your roster.
Speaker 13: Hold on the rest of the NFL that actually played good football.
Speaker 4: Who's your center, who's your punter? Who's your kicker? Who's the punter? The guy from the Pittsburgh Steelers. They have a black punter? Okay, all the other Pro Bowlers at every other position, kicker?
Speaker 11: Name one?
Speaker 4: Where you getting three points? Kicker? But we're going for it because we have all the black people, or just have the punter. We'll miss field goals. We'll beat your white team by eighty points. Hey, the line is at forty five and a half.
Speaker 6: Hey, And I'll tell you this.
Speaker 13: So he has Lad McConkie and I have Jamar Chase.
Speaker 4: We dropped eight, I mean, bro for underneath four deep coaches. Good coach, that's a good hot that's a good head coach. We do have some good coaches, though.
Speaker 6: I think the question is do we have to abide by the Ruiney rule.
Speaker 4: No, we don't need you. We don't need you. We got Mike tom just who y'all want. And if you got to take a whole letter of them, we got them all. And if.
Speaker 13: No, we got we got Aaron glennt d C. If you go hadified coaches now too, if you put some parameters on it, a couple of weeks to prepare. I think that plays in our favor.
Speaker 4: It doesn't.
Speaker 6: You guys are gonna be the problem with y'all is y'all gonna have too many guys to choose from. People are gonna be bitching everybody that comes in our room. They're gonna know exactly what to do. Lucky to be, guys, we all know why we're here. Let's get the preparing. Slik Neighbors after the game blaming other people.
Speaker 13: No, but Malik Neighbors. Now he's in a room with with Jet, He's in the room with Jamar Chase. He in the room of Devonte Adams, he's room with Tyreek. He's gonna set his ass down and say, you know what, let me learn from these GE's. Let me learn from y'all are gonna be too busy trying to find raisins and ship.
Speaker 4: White people like raisins. Y'all are good.
Speaker 6: I see y'all be figuring out which strip club to go green Bean Castle Roll.
Speaker 4: No, that's me. Lot of my black dudes. They enjoy the grind of football. I was just a funk off. You don't understand. Even Tyreek, he goes so hard I'm telling you, I understand your argument. I understand the push. It's just you should probably maybe go golf hockey. Y'all took that too for a minute. Golf. Oh no, Tiger's the best of all time. Were just really like you know what I'm saying. But if you want to get deeper, we we we have. We'll have a four hundred year head start. What if you let black Kudes play back in the forties.
Speaker 1: Man, run this ship so bad.
Speaker 13: I'll get on that horse and hit that little fucking ball.
Speaker 4: But we would take over every sport horse.
Speaker 6: I have no counter argument to that. That's a fair hockey.
Speaker 4: Hockey, Yeah, we have hockey forever and always Poso, we got Sue ban Yeah, like that's a couple. That's the that's what that's what you should challenge him with this find yourself in all black hockey team.
Speaker 6: It's funny because he can build out the skill positions. I haven't heard him talk about the trenches at all. The trenches, Yeah, the line of scrimmage, left tackle, when you check Trent don Trent, left guard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, y'all got them. Interiors. I'm sure I can find him.
Speaker 13: But it's just like it would be the names like you were saying, lad Maconkeye and ship like that. I would say like Tyrone Jackson, but he's probably asked kicker.
Speaker 4: And you have you have you saw last year's list? Do y'all hold? You saw last year's list, right? Yeah, they had the pod. You can't argue that that team's gone a whole lot better. This year team's got a whole lot better. It has.
Speaker 13: But I'm gonna let you just I'm thinking about what we just talked about. I'm gonna break something to y'all. Y'all, now, are the minorities football?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 13: Yep, agreed we were lying there, y'all shouldn't have made it. Also agree you outran a couple black.
Speaker 4: Dudes to be where you are today. Earned every single you worked hard to do it. But it's it's it's switched.
Speaker 6: I'm excited to see laying this plane.
Speaker 4: It's switched from what you know. The society is.
Speaker 13: It's where you know, listen, a head start of of of life for the less melani and ins. Sports are different. My thirteen year old bench is one eighty right now, I'd smack that. Yeah, you see what I'm saying Like it's y'all are the enigma of sports, especially football, basketball.
Speaker 4: Tracks White athletes understand inequality.
Speaker 13: They should understand that they they are blessed. Say I'll say this, you just a build on your point.
Speaker 4: Yes, you're not wrong.
Speaker 6: I'm not saying we have the more talented roster. I'm saying we'll put out a better football team.
Speaker 4: No, it's not in short notice.
Speaker 11: Short notice.
Speaker 4: You need like and look, you say you're going.
Speaker 6: To this game and the spread is, you know, Michigan Ohio State minus twenty one and a half minus twenty one. I'm saying, if we protect the football, we run the ball, do you play assignment sound defense? I'm telling you right now, we control the time, we control the time of possession and well and we can come out on top of that game.
Speaker 13: There's no chance because as you see, it's gonna the talent's gonna take over. But also it's the questioning. It's it's almost like, have you've seen Michael Vick shout out to Mike Vick, my man, the evolution of a black quarterback?
Speaker 4: Have you ever seen You've seen the show that they came out with. I know that you need to watch it.
Speaker 13: It's pretty good, but they were talking about how all the all the black quarterbacks in the past, they'd always try to make them receivers because they're fast, they're talented. This a black man can't run in a huddle. He can't control the huddle, which.
Speaker 4: Is lamar lamars should be a running back, should be.
Speaker 13: Running back, which is bullshit. But that's that was the narrative. So it's almost the narrative of that, like oh, yeah, you can't run this, you know thing. So you're almost saying like, oh, we'll be more sound but myself, and I'll just speak on myself myself. Jason Taylor, Kevin Carter, Bonnie Holliday, Keith Traylor. I had a whole black defense, and all of them were genius football players. They would tell me, he tilt if truck saw the center, if he saw the fullback motion, he'd already tilted itself over there because now he wants to even out the front. They were black men that were extremely intelligent and very good athletes.
Speaker 4: I see what you're doing here, you see what I'm saying. Whereas But that's the thing.
Speaker 13: It's where it's like, oh, well, no, if you get the white guys together, they don't understand the scheme.
Speaker 4: Better. Listen, we're getting some waters.
Speaker 13: Any fucking defense that you want, any zones two four six eight, I can drop every defense you want with every front and three four four three. I can drop all the X and O stuff too. But when you cuss and you talk country and you laugh a lot and the bullshit and play and they're like, oh he's that, then no, no, no, no, I can do the same exact thing that I can go right there with Lad.
Speaker 4: I put you on an island with rock Bowers.
Speaker 13: I've heard rock Bowers and Ladim rock Bowers and Ladi McConkie. I can talk, so I could talk over their head. X and O wise, that's a different position.
Speaker 4: I'm saying. On offense, you could not do that. I could because I dramatic.
Speaker 13: I know there's comatic side of what they're trying to do and the holes they're trying to hit, and the all Go specials and the opposite high lows and the rub Routes and the mickey and all that shit that Andy Reid does. I studied Andy Reid. I've looked at Andy Reid stuff. I know what Andy Reid does, like I can do that too. But it's like, Oh, the white guys, they really understand the intricacies, the intangibles. The black guys always just run around real fast. It's fucking bush.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna lie to you. I really know. I know the excellent football.
Speaker 13: I've ran defenses, I've called defense, I've been a defense coordinator. I've met Charlie Strong, uh Dom Kper's, Mike Nolan, all the I've sat down with them for hours and hours on end watching film with them.
Speaker 4: I can look at film too.
Speaker 13: My black eyes can see a screen as well. My black eyes can see a dry race.
Speaker 4: Boy, what do if you say that racist?
Speaker 6: Well, time of possession running the football?
Speaker 13: No, you're going to run straight into a big black dude and fall backwards and it's gonna be second and nine.
Speaker 6: So all the things you're saying, you're saying, but you're also saying all the things that you're saying, you guys are smart about.
Speaker 13: We are just as physical, but you're not as physically talented.
Speaker 4: In some positions. You can't take. No, you can't you can't argue that you guys have all the best stuff. You can't say we're the most athletic, the most physical and the most smart.
Speaker 13: No no, no, I said, just we're just as smart, but we're more physically capable naturally.
Speaker 6: And we are as physically capable talent wise as well.
Speaker 4: You're not.
Speaker 6: Who's a better pass rush?
Speaker 4: The name? Name the fact, name the name.
Speaker 13: The five fastest guys in the NFL TYE you know you guys got you guys got that, no question. The best receivers, the most athletic, just name most athletic guys, the most athletic quarter.
Speaker 4: You're not wrong about those things.
Speaker 13: It's we're physical, but you're still acting like.
Speaker 6: In other positions like you were more. You're the most capable games names are one.
Speaker 13: I totally admit. Y'all have centers and guards.
Speaker 4: All right, hold on, we'll take what we can get right now, because it's kind of there. You see, y'all have centers of guard. Y'all have very talented lineman.
Speaker 6: Still time out. You're saying that this wouldn't be a game whatsoever.
Speaker 13: No, it would it would. Would they throw in the town. It might not be a finish the game.
Speaker 4: They might not. You know, you're talking out of your ass, bro.
Speaker 6: Ladd mcconkeie. It's a bout established that we have to run the football. Christian McCaffrey, Joe Burrow.
Speaker 4: Josh Allen.
Speaker 13: No, no, what say the quarterbacks say, you're running the ball, So Christen Jos can run the ball. So Christi McCaffrey and Josh Allen running what a Jorida Tech offense. They're running the triple options.
Speaker 6: If we have to, we ain't got to run the See now, you're discrediting the receivers that we do have on the outside.
Speaker 13: But is still a great player, lad go get do get there is bron.
Speaker 6: Bowers arguably the best tight ending the NFL. Right now, Okay, Fred, we're gonna get open.
Speaker 4: No they're not.
Speaker 13: It's it's gonna be not even to speaker on the conversations White on Rice, They're gonna be right next to him. Everybody's looking back at the quarterback. The entire there will be twenty what is it five and five receive It will be ten guys standing at the quarterback and all of us be out of her hand on Ladi McConkie.
Speaker 6: You discrediting the talent of lat McConkie.
Speaker 13: No, I'm you're just crediting the I am amping up the town and Cooper is a monster. I love Cooper Lad and play, but he's gonna he's gonna consistently get open against Jayden Ramsey, Slay Diggs.
Speaker 4: They're not. He has he I mean he has in his career and that.
Speaker 13: Triple crown and so now and so now I'll just tell you so, now where Cup is, we would roll somebody up on him and we would miraculously figure out way to play cover two and just have somebody sitting on the You.
Speaker 6: Can't be in a two show when we're running the football.
Speaker 13: But now you're now you going back to running the football. Okay, So now we're gonna get into a base front and kill all that ship with five on five.
Speaker 6: Then when you're gonna open open us up on the outside, and who's gonna do it? And then when you run the football over and over and over and then you hit playing powers over the middle mcbrow.
Speaker 13: Okay, so now you gotta put big buys in the game. So now, so Cooper Cumpan Lad, Cooper Cup and Ladd McConkie on the outside.
Speaker 4: One on one.
Speaker 6: Listen, we still got pooking the cool, But how are you.
Speaker 4: Gonna run the ball? And in the eleven personnel. You're full of ship will No, no, no, we have the offensive line to run the ball. Eleven personnel. Ye have stack the box. Now we have quick, quick, little slants. We got small little things around slants. We're pressing zero zero, we're playing the zero ball game. Done. What are you all gonna do? You're gonna throw it deep?
Speaker 6: Yeah, all you need is match pro and get a little rub route in there.
Speaker 4: You feel you must forget about pick game. You forgot about pick games, didn't you. Yeah, all day you want to press great.
Speaker 13: Pick listen, Well, don't please, don't please, this is this is I think you're bocking up the wrong treatment this one.
Speaker 4: I think it'd be a game. It would not be a game. It wouldn't I think be closer to people think. Oh no, so forty five is a spread. No, twenty one twenty one BRONFL Last year, you said it at forty eight.
Speaker 6: No, I think I said at thirteen and a half. No, al wait, I had to go back to the video. Maybe I said it.
Speaker 4: You said it like I think you said eighty at one point. Yeah.
Speaker 6: So I'm already conceding to the fact that you have the more talented team.
Speaker 4: There's no doubt you guys are the overwhelming favorites. But the boys got hard. Every white guy you see on the field, every white guys's in the field, what do they say, hard working, gritty, smart, tough football player. You might as well just say white guy.
Speaker 13: And then they have to go over and say, hey, brother, can you go make a play?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 13: Come on, man, this is ridiculous, y'all know what y'all did. I never went to Wes Welker and said, hey, Wes, we need a big one brother.
Speaker 4: No, that's that's on you, because he could make a play well third and six. Good good ball player, good strong ball player under state coverages. This is ridiculous what you have? Yeah, bro, like you have to you have to play into your strengths. Yes, and if we're gonna turn, we're not gonna turn to your strengths.
Speaker 13: Okay, y'all need to scheme up some nice things.
Speaker 4: Y'all seen Army play. Don't get will started army. He's very anti mility military. I just had them, I had Notre Dame beating their ass and he chose religion over military. Yeah, God over coun Yeah.
Speaker 6: I'm just saying it would be a more competitive game than you're a lead on. You're saying we act like you guys are being dumb. No, I'm saying, you guys want to wait too much talent to figure out who you're gonna put on the field.
Speaker 4: You know, and we tell him, sit your fucking ass down.
Speaker 13: You think, okay, you think Mike Tomlin is on the sideline with his staff and the receiver walks up and say, damn, coach, I gotta play. Set your fucking ass down. Think about it like, no, bro, I'm gonna have my.
Speaker 4: You know, lead use up to play classe.
Speaker 11: Listen.
Speaker 4: I don't want to bring up what I have already brought up on this show. But we saw what Michigan to do. A Hoose State way more talented team favored by twenty one and a half points early in the week, We took time, possession, our quarterback through for sixty yards and two interceptions. Who won the game thirteen to ten.
Speaker 6: And hey, you're acting like the underdog can't win in this situation.
Speaker 4: They can't win. This is a school recruiter. That's all we needed, that's all we needed. They cannot win. You can't do it. There is no tomorrow. You're gonna just run down hill over white zonever over zone. Already put you in the B zone. I put you in a blind or that you didn't know what was going on there. But I will call it.
Speaker 13: White zone because they'll never get outside. It's gonna be cut.
Speaker 4: Back every day they call it a mid zone.
Speaker 13: Okay, I'm gonna have I'm gonna have Fred Warner do what and Patrick Ku. I'm gonna have Patrick and Fred and they can eat up a wide zone. You get them boys, I don't even need to pick you. Get them boys from Philly, the inside guys, crazy one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Taylor, you guys got question about it.
Speaker 6: I am, I'm partially but to act like you're just gonna run away with this game is is crazy.
Speaker 4: Mercy mercy.
Speaker 13: Second half, they're gonna say, just cut it off.
Speaker 4: If you have a unclocked the whole game, we will.
Speaker 13: All the green, all the green being cast roll is gonna be put up all the what else y'all like, y'all like like hot dogs.
Speaker 4: And you've sucked a couple of you like you did what I'm saying. Don't don't you say it's a white guy. We know were we're more Ribs and risket and things like we like, why do we gotta be all over here all? Why can't we do this? We're doing the white versus the Black team? What do we talking about?
Speaker 11: Food?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 4: I like seasons? What are you talking about? You like real season? Yes, okay, you know he's got a salt and pepper.
Speaker 6: Listen, I got your season sitting at the house that crowded powder.
Speaker 4: Come on now a wild name.
Speaker 6: By the way, it's pretty cool. We got what got you into the season, and we can get back to this.
Speaker 4: Uh, we're just gonna leave that conversation where it's at right now. No, we can go back to it because let the viewers make a distermination for themselves. It's gonna be It's easy.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, he's he's he's on his side, which I understand again, but but the act like we're sitting there looking a him like the a bunch of dumb idiots running around just because I never did that. I never did that.
Speaker 4: What they said he said, we don't we won't even know who to put the game.
Speaker 13: Man, I'm just saying, y'all, Jamar Chase, no Jet wants to get I don't know Tyriek wants to get it.
Speaker 4: We don't know what's going on the argument. You guys have much talent, you have too much.
Speaker 13: Time, and you're going to tell the top guys to get in. If they're running a cross or route, you tell the faster guy to get it. They run in the deep route, you tell Jamar ch because he's a better jumper. You know, like you know we could figure out football will like we can understand Listen.
Speaker 4: I've never once said that. Yeah, I played with your co host Clark. I know how brilliant. Oh yes, I know. I'm just saying as brilliant as Ryan Clark is the fact that he believes he's gonna block or tackle Derrek Henry in an open space. I cussed him out, just crazy him to death. Great guy.
Speaker 6: I know that.
Speaker 13: My kids called him Uncle Ryan. But when he said that ship at that time, that's when I was like, Ryan.
Speaker 6: He's gonna get He's getting He's getting Derrick Henry, He's getting them.
Speaker 4: To the ground. Ryan. Yeah.
Speaker 6: No, a Ryan Clark and his playing.
Speaker 13: He's gonna shoot, He's not He's gonna shoot low and he's gonna get him too the ground. And if there they even talked about if Derek sees him coming, I don't think it's a change. If he catches anybody, I could hit Derek right now if he's looking this way and.
Speaker 4: I just undercut him.
Speaker 13: But if they're one on one and he sees him coming, I don't think he gets Derek down because there's gonna know he's gonna givehim that front dead leg and he's gonna jump with the back.
Speaker 6: If they're going sideways there, he might not get in the ground because that stiff arm is unreal. But if you're like in between the tackles, or you're like right off the right off the tackle, he'll get into the ground. If their shoulders are their shoulders are squared.
Speaker 13: Up, two out of five out of five, King Henry, I'll tell you right now, him and those two do they total?
Speaker 4: They God damn rock right now that they're they're putting running backs back on the map. That it's impressive back on the mat with Derek.
Speaker 6: And you saw what Gruden posted too about running like you know, the running backs were trying to talk about the market and how it's going down and how running backs matter. Gruden posted this stat of like Josh Jacobs, Derrick Henry and Saquon Barkley, all going to different teams and what their record is, what those teams record is compared to the teams that they left seven total wins.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I did see that. That's crazy. Yeah, but those are special guys.
Speaker 13: Yeah, the market doesn't change especial people.
Speaker 4: I believe the running back market is a little bit disrespected right now because there is such a world for them that they need to have, like and for them to get paid as little as they are.
Speaker 1: I think you got paid the.
Speaker 4: Boys more, especially Derek bro Derek's making a fraction of what those guys are making. And he's lee and the lee and rushing touchdowns like he's killing it.
Speaker 13: The mental but if we're talking mental inferiority, thing is bullshit. I'm smarter than ninety percent of the white dudes in the world. I ran faster, and you know what I'm saying, that's subjective. I know it's objective, but like I'm I'm intellectually just as smart as anything, you know what I'm saying. And like you, like you're a fucking physical freak, Like yeah, you know what I'm saying, Like what you do and what fucking Jake Long did, Like that y'all are physical freaks. It's and y'all are right, like y'all are not even black and white, like you're you're stupid. But the thought that like the thing that they try to even like that's why I brought the the the evolution of a black quarterback where every time a guy is athletic, they say, oh, he can't lead a huddle.
Speaker 4: Oh he can't, you know, he can't.
Speaker 13: You know what I'm saying, Like why because they they want to diminish the intelligence of black people. And it goes back to Jim Crow, it goes back to slavery, It goes back to y'all, y'all are y'all are y'all are property? Where no we got taught that even religion was put on us to control us. But just the mind, like the wrinkles in your brain just as many wrinkles as white people. And that's the thing that gets to me with the whole like that back and forth of it, where physically like the top sprinters, the strongest, the weightlifters, what the body builders and all that the top guys are like physically and they try to say like it's animalistic. It's not animalistic. Our body is just built different. It's a you know, Usain Bolt to Michael Johnson to that, who's who's named the fastest white guy in the top five of all hundreds? You know what I'm saying, Like you over that, huh, go to any go to any state and do high school sports. Like the black people are faster than white people. Black people are fast physically, we are built differently. And then the not and then the pushback is the mental side. And my thing about knowing that there's hundreds of you know, or I think it's one hundred and seven black billionaires. They didn't just luck up on a bag. They didn't dig a billion dollars up while they were picking cotton. You know what, I'm saying that they're very intelligent people. The guy on sharp tank and the guy that you know, the all these people like, they're very intellectual.
Speaker 4: So the pushback of a literal.
Speaker 13: I guess justifiable or matrix on the physical side of it, of the speed and the strength and the athleticism overshadowing and even the receivers and Moss and Jerry and them and all the guys, the running backs, like who's the best white running back of Mike Alstott. He was just a big, strong white boy, like you look at that, and it's physically better at.
Speaker 4: A top level.
Speaker 13: But the pushback is, oh, well, they're not that intelligent. But we can't judge the intelligence of Michael Johnson and Usain Bolt and Tyreek Hill and Randy Males and Danny Tomlinson and and sweetness, and you can't judge the intelligence of these guys. God damn, Walter Payton was super intelligent. Jim Brown was super intelligent.
Speaker 4: You listen to ray Lewis talk about football, ray Lewis is super into.
Speaker 13: Ed Reid is Ed Reid is one of the smartest motherfuckers I've ever talked to in my life. Ed Reid is a fucking genius. Edrid James is a fucking genius. But the pushback of those guys been great athletes, that oh they're not that smart. They're very smart.
Speaker 6: They don't have a pushback, but.
Speaker 13: They're but they're not as smart as white guys. No, they're just as smart as white guys. Zach Thomas was my is my big brother. I just I was at Zack's house the other day. They're fishing in his backyard.
Speaker 6: What was he talking about what's that?
Speaker 4: No, that's what's about Zach. Yeah, Zach, Zach's uh that damn the head hits and all that stuff. Yeah, always got him a little bit. Yeah, I got him a little bit.
Speaker 6: Damn.
Speaker 4: But it's even that.
Speaker 13: But even to the juniors or honestly, Carlos Dancey, Carlos Dansby is a genius football mind. So when I get lost Zach, I got Carlos. So I'm thinking, man, I gotta teach these motherfuckers how to play. Like I saw Zach, what Zach did and how Zach said everything. I'm like, fuck, I gotta know this shit back and forth because these bitches are gonna be you know, the bitch won't know. And I'm talking about Matt Roll from Iowa. Like I was like, fuck white and black guys. I'm like, man, I gotta do what Zach did. And then Sleazy came in Carlos, and I was like, oh shit, this bitch and those football just the way I do. He can see X and o's without Now okay.
Speaker 4: Now the us off. You're gonna move yo, your motion.
Speaker 13: Like we could talk it real talk. And that's the thing. That's that's the thing it's like you but with your point about the arguments. When there's one side, you gotta.
Speaker 4: Have the other side.
Speaker 13: So it's like, oh, he's faster, stronger, bigger, more athletic. Well, we know leverage, No, bitch, we know leverage too for sure. We know you know, we know, we know splits, Yeah, bitch, when that z comes in, we know they're trying to run out route because they're trying to gain space over there. You know what I'm saying, like that, Oh wider splits. Why is this side tight and why is this side wide? Because they're trying to get they're trying to get those own leverages over here. I can see that ship. I'm gonna start shuffling for the fucking ball snapped because they all are running towards these bitches that feet are touching. There's no reason to run this way. They're gonna run that way. So soon the down said, I start shuffling this way so I know the ball's going that way. No, but I can see the balls going that way. You know what I'm saying, like, oh, absolutely, And that that was the part, that's the part of the argument, not even on you, but like the bigger argument of it just the stereotyping and the stereotype of white guys. But I knew some white dudes that were like Matt Ross as the fuck. I would let let him set every edge in the world when he can. Tad Pennington knew what everybody's doing for the ball was net and could make the throws and can put that bitch on a peanut too, throw it before that the guy's coming out of his break.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think that's the flip side. It's like having the fun and the sphere of the game, right. It's like knowing that everything you're saying talking about the mental side and playing to whatever edges. It's like for myself as a player, no matter what, I was never getting out of a box. Oh he can make this play, he can make that play. But this guy can because whether he was drafted, different color, whatever it is, it's always like, oh, this is a smart player. He can do he can do X, Y and Z within the scheme of the defense. But it was never like, oh, can he make this play in space? There was always this question mark here and there. So when you're finding the edges and having fun with it all, it's like that's when you talk about like, okay, the inferiority of the stereotype of not being good enough talent wise to play on the field. It has to be because he's a smart player, he does all this stuff and prep work. It's not because he has some ability, some physical ability as well. It's like that's when you you're like maneuvering round both thanks. So for me as a player, it was always like, you know, when I got bench on time, it's like, hey, this dude can get out of worse situations a year. It's like, okay, well explain because he has longer arms, like you know, I wouldn't rave never had me on pump return, It's like, oh, you have short arms. It's like, well, you can't ever out effort or out do what when you get placed in a certain box. So too, like oh yeah, based on all the flip side of feeling like we can't put out a product on the field that's going to run the football and control the clock and run the football and have some play action of Rock Bowers, it's.
Speaker 4: Great, but I'm saying like I don't I don't want to.
Speaker 6: I don't want to neglect or disregard him talking about like you know, they're not smart ball.
Speaker 4: That's but that is I agree that that's like a higher level argument. Yes, and it's I love argument that happens. However, Like that is, when you were watching the combine, and if I'm being white, it's like, oh, gritty, hardworking, tough football player. And if I was black, athletic, can move really well, got great bend like Cooper Degene. Oh he'll be a good safety. It's like, well, why can't he play cornerback? Right? Yeah? Yeah, but no.
Speaker 13: And I can say it from the other side as well. And that's the best thing about even I'll say, the aspect or the platform that we have is to talk about it and see it from both sides where I can see it where it's like I'm just a monster ball player. No, you work hard, Oh, you do a lot of studying.
Speaker 4: No no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 13: I fucked people up and like even when I was taking my earl, like that's what I do. I got No, I just go out there and who people's ass. Yeah, oh no, because you know where the ball is gonna go. Even speaking about it, because I even joke that I'm half white. My mom's white, my dad's black, so like straight down in the middle. I could even say, and nobody sees me as a big white boy, I'm a big black dude. But I can even see it from that standpoint where if I if I was white and did exactly the same numbers, all American high school, all American college drafted starting with Dolphins. Oh he's a hard working guy. No, I just go out there and fuck people up. I run a four or five. If this dude runs to the flat, I'm gonna go over there and grab his ass and sling hi out of bounds.
Speaker 4: Like it's not like that concept of it.
Speaker 13: I can see. I can see what makes it. But oh it makes like what what fuels the both sides of the argument?
Speaker 4: I really do. But the the unathleticism on the white side is what makes you usually in that part's real, none of Yeah, the unathletic no, no, no, no, he still got starters.
Speaker 13: The white people like, as a white person, I'll go on to the others as a white person, Yeah, you're you're not as athletic. Well I'm gonna I'm very athletic. Then on the black side, H well they're they're they're not that intelligent. No, I'm very intelligent, and so you're like, you know, so I can see the upset on both sides of it, but I really think it should be where it's not because it's the world and it's you.
Speaker 4: Know, it's life. But I could really see.
Speaker 13: How you should judge like you're saying, just judge me off my resume, Like you're saying, yeah, are you just are you just a big ass, fast, motherfucking athlete? Okay, why do you have to say white? Are you just a very smart, intellectual, fucking bookworm?
Speaker 4: Black dude? Why do you say black dude? Why do you have to be you know what I'm saying, Why do you have to do it? Because the world does that.
Speaker 13: It's because when if I walk into the into the to the gas station up here, they're gonna look at me longer than you look at y'all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that's like, that's what makes football like the part of the part of the best sports. You walk into a locker room and all those kind of things gonna get throw the wayside or or if they're brought up. It's a part of a joking manner. It's something that's not really seen in society.
Speaker 13: Now, Rex, Ryan, we just had Rex Ryan on probably a couple of months ago on the Pivot, and he said that he was like, the best thing about football is that it's all merit based, because y'all know, you can see a big, good looking black dude or big ass good looking white boy walking in the locker room and after that first practice you're gonna be like man Thomas.
Speaker 4: And shit like you look like Tarzan play like yeah like.
Speaker 13: Thomasin's like, it's all merit based, and that's how the world should be. What have I done and what am I capable of doing?
Speaker 4: But the world's not like that. The world has to look at it in certain ways.
Speaker 13: I look at it both sides and political stuff and all that shit I think, but I think it. You know, it perpetuates it. But it should be mayor based. Am I a great businessman, then we should do business together. If I'm a If I for my business failed, you should we shouldn't do business together. I'm not gonna put money with you. You're terrible, fucking you bankrupt three times. You know what I'm saying, Like it should all be merit based, but it's not. It's very visual.
Speaker 4: It's very I say, shallow.
Speaker 13: All the time my wife tells me, it's like that's a word that you know. I guess it gets thrown around a lot, but it's very shallow visually, shallow to see, you know. And I even say it's funny that I think. I get an edge a lot of times. And honestly, in business and podcasting, like you know, people have to listen because it's audio whatever. But in life, like business wise, I get an edge a lot because people already see me and then I already start cussing, and I already start bullshitting, laughing, and they hear my accent, and I say it all the time. Ray Charles gave me the word for it years ago in that movie Ray Country Dumb. It's where when you have an accent and you look a certain way, people already let their guard down. Because if you if, if if you walk in Taylor with that mustache now with a suit on.
Speaker 4: I don't have a mustache anymore, I know mustache.
Speaker 13: But if me and you both go into a room and you, as a white man, clean cut, walk in, don't know what the fuck meat we're in, but you have a suit on and look nice, they're gonna treat you a certain way if I walk in with dreads and tattoos, even the same suit on, same as that, talking the way I talk, I sound, They're not gonna they're not gonna approach the bit the meeting the same way. And I take a lot of people take that as a knock. I take it as leverage.
Speaker 6: You kind of find an edge in there, like they're assuming this.
Speaker 13: Their defenses are down, their defenses are down. It's country dumb. Oh he has an accent. Oh okay, well he ain't really about So now you're going not to You're not going to be on your on your p's and q's because you're gonna assume, oh okay, yeah, this old country dude. And then as I buy and take your business away from you. Now two months later, you're like, oh shit, that look country motherfucker might have known something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And it's just it's just an advantage.
Speaker 2: So the.
Speaker 13: Prejudiced if you want to call it, the assumptions, if you want to call it, whatever you want to call it, that's what people should capitalize on. And that's what I've capitalized on all the way to the point of, like you're saying, the crowded powder, the restaurant we have the restaurants, we have in the stadiums.
Speaker 4: And all that stand up comedy, stand up, like.
Speaker 13: All the stuff I do is kind of like they just meet me and they're like, Oh, you're gonna do this?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Man, should I just go on there? Fuck off?
Speaker 13: But I've studied about it, I've done it. I've done due diligence, I've done everything.
Speaker 4: I've looked at it.
Speaker 13: I've watched film, I've watched stand ups over and over again. I've reset, I've rewrote my set four or five times. But if you see me as that, see me as that, and then you'll see me later as something else, and it'll be too late because I've been done, took your business over.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you get to a lot of crossroads where you have the choice to have awareness of it, accept the realities that are there, and instead of playing having like a victim mentality approach, you see opportunity in it all. And ultimately everybody who's successful does see it that, you know, does use whatever advantages or edges that they have having awareness of the entire situation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what it is. Yeah, and that's the beauty.
Speaker 13: But going back to the football side of it, it's never gonna change. There's gonna be another tailor.
Speaker 4: It's fun.
Speaker 13: I brought up Jake Long because it was very similar. James the Man, Jacob Boy, Jacob Boy. It is so good they could play. It's gonna be and there's gonna be another Tailor. There's gonna be another Jake. There's gonna be another Will there already is.
Speaker 4: There's gonna be another. All of them.
Speaker 13: Three GM and head coach and position coach that sitt in that meeting are gonna say the race of that player. And they're gonna say the white boys are hard working and due, diligent, and you know what's the first one in the gym, last one out.
Speaker 4: I know the white phrases.
Speaker 13: And then every black guy they're gonna they might not say black, but they're gonna say super athletic, you know, grinder, you know, trying to get out of something, you know, working hard, you know, working hard to feed his family.
Speaker 4: Like we know that, we know the stereotype words.
Speaker 13: If you don't want to say white or black, you're gonna say it. It's gonna be that way. And hopefully from both sides, the hard worker first and out of gym, they can prove that they can play in this game. And then the athletic, you know, trying to do something, trying to feed his family, guy can prove that he's the other side. And that's the beauty of the world. And that's what we're doing now. I guess with even the stereotype of athletes doing more afterwards, we're breaking stereotypes down with ourselves. With all the smoke, with all the guys we talked about with Chris long Is green lighting on him, we're breaking the shit down to so I look, I really enjoy it.
Speaker 4: Man. It's interesting world, this podcast world, man, how like it's just blown up in this massive thing. You were able to get in, all of us able to kind of get in before it became like so over saturated as wild and to be mildly look at his Trailblazers.
Speaker 6: It just the stigmas too, of like even outside of podcasting, just athletes having transitions and doing things after football because a lot of stigma with athletes. It's like the big seventy eighty percent go broke five years outside of the league. And so yeah, this this this moment of the all white, all black really took a turn. But I think a good turn. I think this is ultimately like.
Speaker 4: A locker room conversation.
Speaker 6: No I had, I had, Well, we'd get more stand up comedian chaining crowded.
Speaker 4: Well that's yeah.
Speaker 13: Well you know, you know what when you said it, I thought about because I watched too much Busted, so I've heard too many arguments.
Speaker 4: So I was like, get prepared. You study. I can't. That's why I didn't have my list, but you text me, had a listen. I got my opinions.
Speaker 6: So that way you'd be able to go into the offensive line, into the defensive line.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just want black guys. Yeah, there's.
Speaker 6: Running the football, limit turnovers.
Speaker 4: Action pass, it's a thirta and short time time of possession. Yeah, stay ahead of the chains. Yeah, no penalty forty. All right, let's punt this. Let's control the uh. Let's control the let's control the field. Let's control this twisted question brought to us by Twisted Tea. Twist is refreshing hard iceed tea maybe the real brew tee in five percent alcohol, full flavor, very freshing. Twisted tea goes down smooth, there's no carbonation. It makes it easy to drink all day. Long twisted tea feels fun and celebrates extreme fandom on game day. It is the perfect alcohol or beverage for game day, whether tail getting in a parking lot, watching it at a bar, or watching the friends at home. Twisted Twisted Tea is there. Turn up your game day, keep it twisted, Grab a refreshing twisted today. This question is brought to us by Coop Correct Coop all right, coo.
Speaker 2: So Coop's question it is, you have a thousand grapes in front of you, and you get fifty thousand for each one you eat. However, one of them is poisonous and will kill you. How many do you eat?
Speaker 4: A thousand grapes in front of me?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 4: Wow, there's a thousand grapes in front of me. I see coupe. Yeah, yeats per grap there's a math on that. I know.
Speaker 11: I know they're gonna cry many.
Speaker 4: Win will for sure cry.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all right, A thousand grapes in front of you, You get fifty thousand dollars per grape that you eat. However, there is one grape that is poisonous. How many do you eat?
Speaker 4: Or one hundred? Wow, I'm gonna get that's ten percent Yeah, that's a ninety percent chance of living. And that's five million dollars in my pocket. That is poison. I'll be deadly poisonous.
Speaker 6: I don't know, man, I think I'm starting it too. I might have to count my blessings one hundred thousand blessings after that, because you got to take at least one, right, one fifty thousand, a thousand grapes in front of you.
Speaker 13: He I think I'm I'm with Taylor man. Yeah you need a good old honey. Yeah, yeah, ten, but.
Speaker 4: That one kills you.
Speaker 6: You're gonna You're gonna die. You're gonna die over do five hundred thousand.
Speaker 4: Dollars if I die?
Speaker 13: If I die does does my family get the money?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 13: Yeah, they don't get the money.
Speaker 4: Okay. JP came in and said, no, no, no.
Speaker 13: I think I'm going. Yeah, I'm going ten to fifteen. I'm going I'm going on hundred hundred fifty grapes.
Speaker 7: Is there a different answer if you don't have kids or a wife, that it's just you?
Speaker 13: Yeah, my drink five hundred, cause you think about it like fifty even.
Speaker 6: But thinking where you're at now, what do you what do you need? What do you need this money for Yeah, that's true too, Like you're gonna be just fine if you eat zero grapes.
Speaker 11: You gotta know.
Speaker 12: I know.
Speaker 4: That's why I think I.
Speaker 13: Play the game. You gotta play the game. One hundred, one hundred grapes.
Speaker 4: You're going for a million dollars for a million ten percent chance to die? That's fine? Where am I at?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, my faull fifty thousand? Yeah, you're right, five million dollars grapes. So basically, say I have a chamber with ten bullets in it, or not ten bullets, but ten slots. There's one bullet in there, so there's a ten percent chance in this rushing were left. That's over five million dollars. You're playing ten chambers.
Speaker 13: I'm about to say, as a hell of a gun. Now, yeah, it's crazy, but are you Are you laying for five million dollars?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I play one five million dollars. I play once.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, that's I played once.
Speaker 4: See me if I get to that hundred, knowing my personality, I might one more. Don't die one more.
Speaker 11: I know.
Speaker 6: I told him to two grapes. That two grapes count one hundred thousand blessings.
Speaker 4: And I think ten percent. Yeah, one hundred.
Speaker 2: That's a.
Speaker 4: Living yeah, ninety chance of living. When you drive you're doing just keep moving.
Speaker 13: That's why I tell people that that whole call me when your plane takes off and land ship is bullshit.
Speaker 4: You're in a ten k thirty thousand feet in the air. You're fine. You're gonna get on that every day. The last yeah, no, the last time a domestic flight crashed was nine.
Speaker 6: All right, yeah, yeah, come on, man, you're about to get on a plane. When was the next ever? Get on a plane?
Speaker 4: Today? Tonight, going to Denver? Yes, who you guys interviewing? Can you say we got it? I don't know. I get yelled at all the time for pavilion ship. They yell at me.
Speaker 13: But yeah, man, that that whole man, it's it is. It is more dangerous to walk in your grass in the backyard than to get on a plane.
Speaker 4: Is that a fact? Fact is exactly.
Speaker 13: It's more dangerous to drive to the gas st than to get on the plane. No one has died on domestic flight since nine in the United States. How many people have died driving to the gas station?
Speaker 4: I have no clue that was at least one since covering that data.
Speaker 13: You see what I'm saying, I hate that ship. Let me know, check in when you get to the Boston for fucking what, the plane is going to take off and it's going to land.
Speaker 4: I love I love it.
Speaker 6: I love that your wife just wants to know you're alive and well, I'm always alive and well I'm always I'm good.
Speaker 4: I just lives of dying. A commercial flight is one and eleven million, eleven million, take that every single time.
Speaker 13: You know, you know how many flights take off eighteen million a year in the United States?
Speaker 4: How often you hold on? But I don't know these numbers are right.
Speaker 13: Because the fact that I've done this research and the last put the last, the last domestic flight that crashed the United States was that San Francisco because you know, those little fucking pedal pushers all like Harrison Ford fucking crashed recently.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but like, yeah, oh them pedal pushers two thousand and nine Colgan Air. Yeah, it's interesting to those planes that go down. That airline doesn't usually exist after No Colgan, I mean Southwest, they had those crazy got Southwest the seventh seven thirty sevens, I mean Skill didn't crash.
Speaker 6: How much are you flying if you knew you had a ten ten percent chance to die.
Speaker 4: I'm the same amount of fly as we do, same amount. I push it.
Speaker 6: I man, I wanted if one plane in every ten crashed, they got many plane crash there would.
Speaker 4: Be every day. Yeah, the planes wouldn't exist anymore.
Speaker 11: They're playing.
Speaker 4: Obviously something's not working for.
Speaker 6: I guess I'm just trying to do the whole nine chance of death.
Speaker 4: So you're doing you're just doing two grapes. Yeah, he's still man. When we get to a hundred and he's like, well into your hundred thousand, will have a good time. I was gonna say, that's right, penny pushing Vegas this weekend, Yeah, Vegas this weekend. He'll be able to a penny pushing.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 4: I guess he's not gamble. I watch him.
Speaker 11: Like this.
Speaker 6: Dude just wins and wins every time.
Speaker 4: Just way some gamble. I mean I've yeah, I gambled, but Will gambles. Yeah, will have been down lower chance. We's been down six figures and came back in one. It's a lower chance. It's a lower We're not we're talking about great. We're talking about and we're talking about him death. We're not talking about a chance to lose a hand in black jack, man. You know what his life, man, Come on, it's assimilation anyway.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 4: Do we do the best?
Speaker 11: Like?
Speaker 6: I feel like, do we hit the best flag plant beef for the weekend? I mean, god tears got to be Michigan, right concessions foods? Yeah, god too, I says Michigan, North n C State North Carolina.
Speaker 4: They had one. But other than that, how many? How many?
Speaker 6: How many beefs were there? Now that I'm thinking about it, because.
Speaker 4: It's like I could play, I can play the game. You see Arizona States Polynesian cat just walks over with the R line, puts like a little tried it in there, and one little small d be comes up. He's like no, no, it was hilarious.
Speaker 6: You see that receiver for U of a breaker's ankle, No, bro, the one that's gonna get drafted.
Speaker 4: I I don't know what's up. I think so his his little ankles, he gets tackled. It's like, oh yeah, he came right there. Hey. That is always the hardest to play. After you see someone's leg get snapped and they're like all right, they caught him off and start back up. You're just like you look at the d N. You're like, hey, brother, you got to tell me.
Speaker 6: Was there a big fight between Florida and Florida State?
Speaker 4: Oh you again, that's probably too Yeah. If we do a universal tier talk, Yeah yeah. Tier one Michiganel House, I want to get that one. I'm gonna jump. I want to give an honorable mention to s U of A because I just think that Shi it's so funny.
Speaker 6: Well we put them in there for a Tier three.
Speaker 4: Because I think I think the NC State one's probably better. Yeah, who cares.
Speaker 6: Let's give on the Station of Love and then we go Tier two. How bad was this one?
Speaker 4: It was pretty bad.
Speaker 13: It wasn't It was a bunch of bunch of slamming people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it wasn't. It wasn't Mace. Pull up, just pull up michiganel House State ones real quick. Let's just watch it together, watch it together?
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, well yeah, the video JP had the belt belt just whipping the logo.
Speaker 4: That's that's Tier two belt the ass. So Tier one, Michigan, Tier two, South Carolina, Tier three A SU did you see that video? Which one to try it one nor pull that one up instead pull up a su.
Speaker 6: Was Is it like trident plants? Oh, we're not gonna find.
Speaker 4: That's the kid right there, Just one guy. Look at that that position too. He's just no fellas.
Speaker 6: Before we get into this next part of the episode, I gotta talk to you guys about Lucy. Lucy is the obvious choice for those true nicotine pouch connoisseurs. That's why they're the official nicotine pouch partner of Barstool Sports. Lucy pouches go up to twelve milligrams in strength and have a unique shape that feels great in your lip. Lucy Breakers are the only pouches with a hydration capsule inside. They're totally new kind of pouch, only available at Lucy. You slide one of those things in, you bite down on the breaker, it's like a little orgasm in your mouth. The capsule releases a burst of flavor and helps release nicotine faster, for an experience that you can't find in any other pouch. Gas Station pouches get the job done, but once you've tried Lucy, you won't want anything else in your pocket or your lip. Get Lucy shipped straight to your door by visiting Lucy dot com. Oh slash busting and use promo code busting to get twenty percent off your first order and then when you subscribe, you will get another fifteen percent off and shipping is always free. Lucy products are for adults of legal age and every order is age verified.
Speaker 4: Warning. This product contains nicotine and nicotine is an is an addictive chemical. Back to this.
Speaker 6: Episode before you get off here, we didn't talk about a whole lot, but your stand up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how real? How serious are you with it? Like what it's all bullshit? It's well, no, it's all there.
Speaker 2: You go.
Speaker 6: You you hit me up in the summer talking about potentially coming to Nashville.
Speaker 13: Yeah, we will come back, because what happened was, uh, we gotta come around like we did it. So I did nine and I was like putting it with events. So I did like the Draft in Detroit, So I did two in Detroit. Then I did Tampa Orlando. Florida is easy because of Florida dolphin you know, connects to show out. Yeah, yeah, and so now we're trying to kind of seeing it and that's why I was like, yeah, and somebody else told me they were like, man, you got to you got you should do something with y'all. After we talked about it, they were like, we should do something in Nashville and make it like a thing. And so yeah, so I can do like an hour and fuck off. Yeah I go up there and bullshit and laugh.
Speaker 6: But what if you learned about the process of stand up comedy.
Speaker 13: Man, it's the crowds, Like you have to like the different Like Detroit was tough because them people are like they've lived a rough life, so like they don't want to laugh. Like some people want to laugh and some people.
Speaker 4: There like, fuck, I gotta figure something out.
Speaker 13: Yeah, And then like the end of the end of a joke, so you like joke, you know, so you set it up, set it up, set it up, hit the punchline, and then everybody falls out of their chairs.
Speaker 4: But ten seconds later, like how long do you laugh? So it's ha ha ha ha h.
Speaker 13: And then it's four hundred people staring at you. Go again, so now you do another joke, hit the punchline, haa, and now they stare at you again. So it's like it's like it's just assistency and just going and moving. And then we try to integrate some of our sponsors into it. Different people like sponsors, I have Jack Daniels and all these people, so it's uh yeah, it's uh it's it's I would say the lead up to a stressful that one, that little hour of work is cake. But the three or four days before that shit is crazy. But I enjoy it, Like I really thought it was gonna be, like me going up there and fucking off.
Speaker 6: I was gonna say, it's a harder than you thought it was the start, Like the lead up to it is like the actual exactly what it is, Like next up Channing Crowder and they play I come out to jay Z.
Speaker 13: That hour is exactly what I thought it was gonna be. But the fucking promoting it and going on radio stations and giving away tickets and selling tickets and doing social media pushes and all that shit is is the Tough's like the hard side of it. That fucking forty five minutes an hour is the fun is That's what I enjoyed. I didn't expect, Like give me you see the little video here Jack Daniel box in the background, and now the m vps get to come back, like we come to Nashville y'all have to come back and like I give you a shirt and a jacket and a bottle of liquor and all this shiff like it's it's like, it's antics, the antics of it. It's hard just going up there and bullshit and it's fun.
Speaker 4: She brought up Diddy or Jay and that's what.
Speaker 13: I've never been to a Diddy party invited, Never been invited. I don't think I was famous enough back then.
Speaker 4: Back then you would have gone down, huh. I would have went off his.
Speaker 13: Name, and then once they went to that little back room I've heard about, I wouldn't have been to the back room.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 13: I like to be more of the sexer, not the sexy.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 4: To do more than has been incredible.
Speaker 6: A lot of different roller coaster, all the different corner as we've touched.
Speaker 4: It's been nice, more fitting way to end it with a sex or sexy Yeah, classic locker room pot fun yeah. Man, maybe my favorite just start going on, maybe the best ever. All right, guys, thank you so much, appreciate you coming on so much for having me. Man. I still think we get you in the fourth quarter, So going, all right, guys, subscribeer rate five stars, Please comment all of those things. Big hugs, tiny kisses. We will see you next week. Come in in Texas. Subscribe. Yeah, what y'all got back there? What you mean you got you a hundred thousand? Oh we got that. Okay, we're about to hit a million, all right? Yeah, we had like nine ninety eight or something.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 4: Yeah,