Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: I'm Carol Masser along with Tim Stenovic. Let's get to some stocks on the move back with us as Avalon Pernell. She's Bloomberg News US Equities reporter. Where shall we begin?
Speaker 3: Firstly, where's the beef? We have to start off of wind Nice.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 3: That's ticker w e N. It's currently going up more than twenty eight percent most in your day since twenty twenty. And that's as the fast food chain seems to be getting the meme stock treatment, to say the least. Earlier today there was a Reddit post asking members to save Wendy's before it's too late, and we are now seeing exactly what that saving Wendy's looks like.
Speaker 4: So that's it.
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 1: What do you do?
Speaker 3: A good question?
Speaker 1: Do you trade off of that?
Speaker 4: I guess so I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 4: You don't, you don't, But maybe some people are listen.
Speaker 1: You know what's interesting is stock is down about four percent eight or day, almost thirty two percent of the float is short, so there's been mega negative sentiment and I'm just thinking, if you were short and all of a sudden the stock took off, maybe you're doing some short covering. But nonetheless it's it's not even quite an eight dollars stock, just below it.
Speaker 4: Well, there's another company that for a time period a few years ago was a meme stock that's also moving big time today and that's Hurts. Why is Hurts moving?
Speaker 3: Yes, that's ticker HTZ not moving in the right direction currently thinking about thirty eight percent, most in today on record, and that's after the car rental company offered a warning about its profit, saying that it's now going to be on the lower end this coming quarter as softness in the used car markets really is hitting them hard, and their reaction to this problem is also driving the sell off today. A lot of people were taking a pause to say the lease after they said they're currently planning to offer one hundred million dollars in stock alongside a three hundred million dollar offering of convertible payment in kind notes, so to say the least, which not looking great.
Speaker 4: Again it's a three dollars stock, Yeah, I mean, this one has been all over the place over the last few years. There was the whole Tesla tie up that a lot of people were really bullish about. Then it turned out it didn't work because the people didn't want to rent Tesla's because they were difficult to charge. They had to offload all those cars. And then when the price of use cars was going up because new cars were so expensive, it was doing very well because there's such a big seller of use cars. So it's been the story has been really all over the place over the last few years.
Speaker 1: I have to say, had an opportunity to a rental to do an EV and I was kind of like afraid to do it because I was afraid, like what if I can't plug it in, you know, and I wanted to, but I just didn't go there.
Speaker 4: We got a hybrid recent well it was like a year ago actually at this point, but it was a plug in hybrid, yeah, and I couldn't. It was at zero when I rented it, so it was just using gas and I was eager to use the plug in part. And the core it came with wasn't long enough to plug into any of the outlets where we were parking. It really really well, so we only use the gas part of the hybrid part.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to a name. I'm not really that familiar with ticker's ABSI.
Speaker 3: Yes, that is Absie currently up about thirty eight percent to hit its highest inday level since twenty twenty one, and that's after the AI Drug Discovery Company had to bring in some AI today released early data for its experimental hair loss drug. Hair Loss, at least from what we are hearing from investors, could be the next thing that people are thinking could help take over like the obesity.
Speaker 1: Want us talk to Tim Stenevik about the importance of hairless, Well, this poor guy.
Speaker 4: You guys such a hard time.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, you wrut up.
Speaker 1: It was at a planning call and it was like Tim and of women on our team, and we just were like, all right, just should know we're waiting for more money, you know on women's health issues.
Speaker 4: Well, I was just I was basically saying what you were saying, which was a lot of analysts have said, what is the next sort of golden goose after the GLP one fades from the pharmaceutical company men's hair. That's what some analysts are saying.
Speaker 3: You're absolutely right, I mean we have Verders, we have Cobo in Europe. There's definitely a lot of different companies that are having a lot of data for this as well.
Speaker 2: The Stockmovers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.