Speaker 1: Welcome to Fantasy Football Weekly, a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Time now for Fantasy Football Weekly from iHeartRadio, your weekly source for the nation's best fantasy football advice, speculation, and whatever stupid stuff they decided to drop into the show. Now here's your host, Paul Archian.
Speaker 1: It's a Super Bowl edition of Fantasy Football Weekly. I am Paul Charchian. Co host today Brian Johnson.
Speaker 3: Hey, buddy, what up charge?
Speaker 4: I just dusted off my notes from two years ago when we.
Speaker 3: Did just repeat that.
Speaker 4: It wasn't a little Saquon Barkley of course. Yeah, and we gotta we gotta do over. Yeah, we're excited. Yay super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jeeves, I am excited about the super good game.
Speaker 1: It's not the teams people wanted, not that you know, But no, I don't have a problem.
Speaker 3: I do think the best team in.
Speaker 1: The AFC, although I thought I thought Buffalo was better, but they lost. The best team in the AFC and the best team in the NFC you're playing each other. I don't have a problem with that. It's the Catches. It's just fatigue, right, we have Chiefs fatigue and the Eagles have been here three times in whatever six years, seven years.
Speaker 4: And we don't have to beat around the bush or avoid the elephant in the room or whatever it's. It's it's very hard to root for a Philadelphia team if you're not from Philadelphia. Sorry, Philadelphians, that's just the way the cookie crumbles. We know, not everyone in Philly is the guy yelling the Sea word at the Packers fans, but that's your image and it will forever be that way. So ah, yeah, look, they get that.
Speaker 1: I would just last night I did a long podcast with some friends from Philadelphia and Degenerate Dungeon.
Speaker 3: You should look it up. It's a good it's a good bit. And they know that.
Speaker 1: I mean, they're self aware enough to know that how the rest of the world sees Eagles fans and that you know that there's a certain amount of disdain there for a lot of people.
Speaker 3: That's just that's it, that's how it goes. They get it.
Speaker 4: Well. At the end of the day, we got a close game, one and a half points spread, so wrong team favor Yeah, so right now, right now, the Chiefs are favored. You think it's the I'm with you. I think it should be the the Eagles. It should just be you should be a coin flip. Really, but uh yeah, one and a half on on DraftKings right now. Kind of the the gold standard, I guess you can say when it comes to the lines, so uh but yeah, I'm taking those points. I'm just going money line. There's no point in taking if you like the one and a half with the Eagles, you just you.
Speaker 1: Just take the money line, right because it's unlikely that you need the one and a half points. I feel so strongly on the Eagle side, although you may change my mind today, you're gonna you're gonna break down the Eagle side.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna break down the Chief side. I'm so strongly on Eagles.
Speaker 1: That were I in a state, if I lived in a state where I could place a legal wager, my wagering would be Eagles money line, Eagles giving five and a half points, Eagles giving nine and a half points, and Eagles giving.
Speaker 3: Thirteen and a half points.
Speaker 1: I think, I think there is the chance of an Eagles blowout in this game.
Speaker 4: All right, let me what, but you might change our mind. I mean, the Eagles giving thirteen and a half with that.
Speaker 1: Gets you plus six sixty. I believe if I've got this in my notes, right, six eight six eighty now plus six eighty little, Yeah.
Speaker 4: That's uh, maybe I'll maybe I'll entertain that. But yeah, that's well, I do. I do like Philly in this game. Not change not the players you would think. I like as much as as one would imagine.
Speaker 1: I got a huge take on Devontae Adams. We'll talk about him more later. I guess, well, maybe let's not. Let's why don't we just dive into the eagle side of this thing. We'll break it down Fantasy Football weekly style letter grades on all the players, and I'll let you take it from here. Do you want to start with the you want to start with Saquon? Do you want to start with the passing game? How do you want to attack?
Speaker 4: Let's start. Let's start with Saquon because that's you know, everyone's just going to assume a grade for Saquon, right, He's been playing at a A plus level all season long, but uh, I'm giving him a B in this matchup.
Speaker 3: It's a tough match up.
Speaker 4: It's a tough matchup on paper. Now, granted, the Chiefs have not faced Saquon Barkley yet this year, but they faced some good backs and Kansas City during the regular season only allowed seventy point four rushing yards per game to opposing running backs. Only one Loan back was able to eclipse eighty rushing yards in a game against Kansas City, and that was Jerome Ford in Week fifteen. He had eighty four yards on seven carries, so he kind of just broke like a long run, so it was almost kind of foogie. So they've been very tough against backs on the ground. Now in the playoffs, posing backs have fared a little better. Jaapson had eighteen carries eighty eight yards and a touchdown in the divisional round. James Cook eighty five yards on just thirteen carries in Depplicably, they went away from James Cook.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they regret that now.
Speaker 1: I believe there was a lot of good, valid angst from Bill's fans about the fact that they got away from the running game and almost completely abandoned it down the stretch, which I can understand. You've got Josh Allen. You want to let your quarterback be heroic. I totally get that, But man, James Cook was a problem for the Chiefs and they took him off the board.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's totally bizarre. They're going to be questioning that all offseason. But anyway, we got time to talk about Buffalo later later in the offseason. But back to Barkley, there's really not much of a receiving angle either for opposing backs. Oh against the Chiefs that they have not allowed a receiving touchdown. So fantasy wise, like you know, if you're gonna be playing like showdown type format and everyone, Barkley is gonna be the chalkiest player out there. If I'm doing like a one a one silver bullet entry trying to take down a big tournament, I'm fade in Barkley in this one. And I don't like I don't like the rushing props. He's right around one thirteen is over under for rushing yards. I take the under. To get the plus money on his rushing props, you gotta go to one hundred and twenty yards plus. I don't like those bets at all. So I'm just I'm out on the Barkley market entirely, basically, and I'm fade in them again in any kind of big tournament format where you're just gonna assume sixty seventy percent of the field are gonna be utilizing Barkley whenever format you're playing. So I like the passing game a lot more, and you think I would jump into the wide receivers, But I'm going right to Dallas Goddard is my favorite play in this game, giving him an A grade.
Speaker 1: Did you see Did you see that ninety nine percent of the prop bets on Dallas Goddard are the over?
Speaker 3: Are they that ninety nine percent?
Speaker 4: But you know what's shocking now? I know not he but his position tight end never won Super Bowl MVP. But yep, one hundred and twenty to one right now, I've bet this somewhat hard. I think those are incredible odds for a guy like Dallas Goddard who is in a in a smash spot.
Speaker 3: I agree those are those are crazy odds.
Speaker 4: Opposing tight ends of average eight targets per game against the Chiefs of the season averaging more than six catches seventy yards per contest. Dalton Schultz had a strong game and look like Dalton kincaid. He could have had a good game in the AFC Championship, dropped a long pass. The weather was a concern there. This is indoors. The Chiefs is going to be super focused on stopping Barkley. We'll get to the wide receivers in a minute. Dallas Goddard monster game potential here and one hundred and twenty to one for MVP. I love that, So I'm betting that. I'm betting his receiving ladder starting at sixty yards, he getting the plus money all the way up to one hundred plus souh A grade for Dallas Goddard. I might even bet Grant Calcatara anytime touchdown, just because the odds are so good. I'm gonna bet Dallas Goddard first touchdown, anytime touchdown. He could score two touchdowns Grant. Hence why I like him as Super Bowl MVP. At the one hundred and twenty to one sou A grade on Goddard.
Speaker 3: I've got I you know I'm with you.
Speaker 1: I would a again, can't bet in Minnesota yet, but MVP I would bet. I would put some money on Goddard because he does have that upside for one hundred and twenty yards and two touchdowns, and now he wins, and those odds are nuts. The other MVP bet I like, And again I think the Eagles are gonna cover easily in this game. How about Jalen Hurts at plus three point fifty, he's the you know usual you know, I don't know, eight times out of ten this goes to the quarterback on the winning team, And because Saquon Barkley is on that team, he's got higher odds then Hurts has got And so I get the quarterback on the team. I think that's gonna win. At three and a half to one. That's a you know, that feels like an awfully good opportunity. And and as you mentioned, I don't I don't think Barkley. I don't think Barkley is is likely to win MVP here.
Speaker 4: No, I'm with you, And yeah, I would bet Hurts over Barkley at MVP. And and oddly enough, I like the rushing props for Hurts more than I do for Barkley. He's over underwriting or.
Speaker 3: Something like that.
Speaker 4: It varies, but yeah, I mean it's right around forty forty one, it's going up and now, but starting at fifty plus you're getting plus money. So I bet the Hurts rushing ladder and it goes up to one twenty, so I'm hitting every stop at fifty hundred yards Now for those unfamiliar with prop or with a ladder bets like at the fifty sixty seventy ra age, I'll start, you know, half, I'm personally not betting major money, but you know, like tennish dollars, and as you go up the ladder, you uh, you're assuming if you if he's hitting these milestones, your your bets later on or house money, and but they your bets will go down as you go up the ladder. But anyway, been these teams in general, you see mobile quarterbacks run in the Super Bowl a lot more, even like sort of non mobile quarterbacks like Patrick Mahomes. He runs a tone in the Super Bowl even when injured. Hurts ran fifteen times for seventy yards in the first meeting, had three touchdowns. By the way, when I say the first meeting the Super Bowl two years ago, and I think that that was before the inception of the Toush push, which was last she had three monster games.
Speaker 3: No, I think I think they were Toush pushing two year, two seasons.
Speaker 4: The first one I think that was just been around so long word I think so, I think so that would make sense. But but back to the rushing Josh Allen forty yards against the Chiefs two weeks ago. Not great, but they didn't really utilize that in the game plan. C J. Stroud had forty two yards on six carries in the divisional round during the season, Lamar Jackson one hundred and twenty two yards, Russell Wilson fifty five yards, Bo.
Speaker 3: Nicks forty seven yards.
Speaker 4: So if he gets the carries, which I think he will see double digit carries in this game, yeah hurts. I love the I love the rushing props and his chances to win MVP for sure. And lastly, we got to talk quickly only about two wide receivers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you really don't.
Speaker 1: Although I've got a dots and angle that I'll share with you at the end.
Speaker 4: I wanted one, but I mean zero targets one of the last games.
Speaker 1: Well, well his his his receiving prop is half a catch.
Speaker 4: So right, Yeah, that's that's all. That's what I figured. It's probably in his yards are probably what like four and a half. Yeah, he needs a catch to catch it, but he has no targets of the last two games. When when AJ Brown has been healthy over the last two weeks. In the wildcard round, was kind of more of a decoy, but the last two weeks major alpha role for Brown over to Vonda Smith. One hundred and eighty air yards to twenty three from Smith over the last two weeks, so Brown will command one would assume the majority of the work through the air in a decent matchup. The Chiefs allowed twelve catches one hundred and forty yards per game to opposing wideouts. Aren't huge numbers, but they did allow nineteen touchdowns to the position, that was fourth most in the league. Secondary receivers did farewell against Kansas City later in the year, So I am thrown a dart at Devonda Smith as Super Bowl MVP as well at six too one.
Speaker 1: That's my other play is exactly that, sixty five to one for Smith yes.
Speaker 4: Week sixteen, Tank Dell six catches ninety eight yards a touchdown. Week seventeen, Calvin Austin outpaced George Pickens, obviously the number two receiver there. Marvin Mims, Devon Vley, and Devon Vley in Week eighteen combined for three touchdowns. So secondary receivers successful. DeVonta Smith can pop the top on any play. So yeah, sixty five to one, let me give you those seem too long, So yeah, we're on the same wavelength there.
Speaker 1: Let me give you more on DeVante Smith. He runs from the slot more than any Eagle by a mile. He averages twenty nine snaps per game from the slot. AJ Brown ten snaps from the slot. John Dotson is twelve snaps from the slot. So Smith is the de facto slot receiver. And running from the slot, he goes up against slot cornerback Chamari Connor, who allows the highest catch rate of passes in his coverage than any cornerback in the league eighty five percent. So base you know, eight and a half out of ten passes that go his way get caught.
Speaker 3: So and that.
Speaker 1: Means most of those will Beante Smith catches. And of all thirty two teams, Kansas City allows the second highest percentage of receptions to slot receivers versus outside receivers. And here's his last here's his three lifetime games against Steve Spagnolo's Kansas City Chiefs. Seven catches hundred yards, six catches ninety nine yards, seven catches one hundred and twenty two yards.
Speaker 3: DeVante Smith, I.
Speaker 4: Might have to hit that again, hit that bed again if you want in you got my number.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that. Thank you. Off sixty five to one for Smith.
Speaker 1: So you know, much like you were talking about Goddard, is there a pathway for him to have one hundred and twenty yards and two touchdowns?
Speaker 4: There is for Smith, no doubt, absolutely, So I don't think I ditched out the grades to sum up a's Goddard Hurts and then it's bees for Smith, Brown and Barkley. It's it's Goddard and Hurts are the plays plays we like in this one.
Speaker 1: So you're a's and bees for the Eagles, and I'm with you on virtually everything you said. I'm a little bit more nervous about AJ Brown going up against Trent McDuffie a lot, but that's, you know, that's splitting hairs for the Chiefs side. It's a couple of nervous bees, some c's and bench grades, and that these individual matchups just they lean so heavily towards the Eagles, and that's part of why I think that this is going to be a perhaps one sided Eagles game. But let's start with Travis Kelcey playoff. Kelsey posted one big playoff game. It was the Houston game, and then he had a silent one last game against the Bills. The Chiefs easily won that big game against Houston, and they struggled to get the win against Buffalo. So I think they will try to target him a lot in this game. And the Eagles don't have like shut down tight end player. I went back and looked at who's covering Kelsey or sorry tight ends, and it's just it's all just different guys, you know, it just depends on higherly on the scheme.
Speaker 3: For that play.
Speaker 1: They use safeties, they use linebackers, they use cornerbacks. There's no there is no one guy that you can point at and go, well, it's gonna be this guy against Kelsey. The Eagles were awesome against tight ends in the regular season, Brian. They ranked number one in fantasy points allowed, number three in tight end receptions, and number one in tight end yards allowed. They were awesome in the regular season. Then the playoffs came and they've got they got attacked. Zach Ertz eleven catches one hundred and four yards and Tyler Higbee nine catches fifty four yards. So you know, I was ready to have a whole big narrative about how Travis Kelcey was going to struggle against this great defense that doesn't do anything to tight ends, and then Zach Ertz blows them up in Tyler Higby. You know, they combined for twenty catches in two games.
Speaker 3: So I've got a B grade on Travis Kelcey.
Speaker 4: Can we take a quick second just to talk about Travis Kelcey next season. I think feel like he's cornered into playing because if if the Chiefs win, he's got to go for four, right like he's and if they lose, he he can't go out a winner or a loser. I feel like, I don't know, so I feel like kel you think I think if they went back regarding.
Speaker 3: Us if he wins, I think they I think he retires right here.
Speaker 4: Really he doesn't go for four, He's I don't know. I only say that. I'm only really worried because I'm already drafting best ball teams and I have no interest in Kelsey and his cookie cutter ADP right now. But I got auto picked Kelsey, and I'm like, dah, I don't even know if he's gonna play, So I'm just trying to convince myself that he's gonna play next year, no matter what happens. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I've got a B grade on Kelsey. The other B grade I've got, and it's a bit of a nervous one, is well, I'm nervous on Kelsey's B grade too, is Xavier Worthy. So Worthy has been basically wide receiver one and wide receiver two the past yes six in eight games where they've started peppering him with targets and almost nobody else. It's but it's a little bit tricky to break him down.
Speaker 3: But here's what you need to know.
Speaker 1: He runs from the left, he runs from the right, He runs from the slot, and he runs from the slot more than anybody else. And when he runs from the slot, he's got a match up with Cooper Degene, who's been great, shockingly good. He's given is a rookie. He's gave up zero touchdowns this year in.
Speaker 3: His coverage Cooper Degene.
Speaker 1: Only five cornerbacks in the entire league that had more snaps than Cooper Degene allowed zero touchdowns. It's that kid's gonna be He's already great and he's gonna get even better. But he does give up some catches. He gives up His average game is four catches for thirty two yards, which for cornerbacks is actually kind of common. And so I'm not ready to call Cooper Degene he's shut down corner He's not at that level yet. But Quinn and Mitchell's pretty close. You know, when Xavier worthies from the left side of the field, that's Mitchell's side of the field, and that's going to be really tricky.
Speaker 3: Quinyon Mitchell's fantastic. Get this. I got a good Quinnyon Mitchell stat for you. Let me dig this up. I've got it right.
Speaker 1: The longest completion against Quinjon Mitchell has been fourteen yards or less in fourteen of.
Speaker 3: His last fifteen games. That's nothing, nothing.
Speaker 1: So I've just got to be grade unworthy because he gets Pepper to target so much more than everybody else on the team.
Speaker 3: From a receiver standpoint.
Speaker 1: The other receiver that I'm intrigued by, and this one actually like to be too better than the betting line Mark Keith Brown Bryan.
Speaker 3: He has last game, he was up to forty two snaps.
Speaker 1: He has surged past all the other receivers other than Xavier Worthy to become the clear, undisputed number two guy, and he's also the downfield receiver. In the two playoff games, his average distance of target was thirty five four yards and fifteen yards, and he runs almost entirely from the outside. He's got that tough quinnyon Mitchell matchup on one side of the field. The other side of the field though, Darius Slay and that's a beatable spot. He's allowed at least twenty two yards in a single catch in four of the last five games.
Speaker 3: And Hollywood.
Speaker 1: Brown's whole deals, you know, is downfield stuff and breaking break a tackle, go run for speed. So I kind of like Marquise Brown. I've got a C grade on him. Nobody else really matters from the receiving game. I know there's a lot of betting interest in Noah Gray. I think his line is like thirteen yards or something, so I think there's been I've had people tell me there's a lot of betting interests in him. But I just think that the Eagles on that full season, as I mentioned, were really too good and you can't go down to anybody else. DeAndre Hopkins barely on the field. No Juju Smith Schuster is kind of interesting, but that's it's just you have to go, like, you know, he was only in the field like ten thirteen plays. These guys just don't aren't just just aren't impactful enough.
Speaker 4: I I have some betting interest in Juju because you don't have to. You don't need much from him. He pretty much starts in the plus money. When you're talking, it's like two plus catches, three plus catches, thirty plus yards, forty plus yards, you're already in the plus money. So I'm I'm climbing those mini ladders with Juju. His routes have gone up in the playoffs from forty one percent versus Houston up to sixty three percent against the Bills. So I think it'll I think they're gonna lean on him a lot in this game. It was granted it was two years ago, but I remember he was on the Chiefs two years ago when they won the Super Bowl and he had aye had seven catches in that game. It was again, it was two years ago. He's been away from the team for me a year. But I think his experience here, I think we're gonna he's not gonna see Cooper Dejean and you know, yeah, he's.
Speaker 1: Gonna be you know who He'll see And I think you're hitting on the key thing on Juju Smith Schuster and why you could go over his thirteen and a half yards. A lot of the times when Juju comes in, it's as the third receiver and Travis Kelcey is standing up in the slot, and that means that Juju Smith Schuster is going to see coverage by Avante Maddox.
Speaker 3: Last year, he.
Speaker 1: Was basically the NFL's worst cornerback. He had an eighty three percent catch rate in his coverage and he was so bad that the Eagles put first and second round picks into cornerback to make sure that Avonte Maddox got buried on the depth chart. But he'll come in in those dime scenarios where Juju Smith Schuster's on the field and running predominantly from the slot against Avonte Maddox.
Speaker 4: So these odds are broke, And listening to these charts, yeah, for Juju three plus catches plus two thirty four four plus plus six forty five catches plus sixteen eighty Well, but.
Speaker 1: The problem, Brian, the reason I wouldn't ladder Juju he's just not on the field is enough. His snapcounts are dreadful and they're going the wrong way.
Speaker 3: I've got it.
Speaker 1: I've got it here, I've almost got I will have it in two seconds.
Speaker 4: But if you're you're sort of predicting garbage time though for a Kansas city as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah and yeah, that's okay, that's a fair point. Here's his snapcount.
Speaker 4: Now, I don't like the five catches, not a lock. That's why it's basically seventeen to one.
Speaker 3: But I'm wrong.
Speaker 1: His snapcounts higher than I thought. His snapcount is in the playoffs. Twenty one snaps, thirty three snaps. Okay, I'm all over this, I give I'm absolutely I mean, I like the over it's only thirteen and a half yards. That's basically one catch.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, oh oh his yeah. At twenty he's he's at plus money at twenty five plus yards plus one sixty four forty plus plus four thirty. And I'm just reading my bets. I'm betting all I bet all this already fifty plus plus seven sixty if you hit sixty plus thirteen to one, So wow.
Speaker 3: That's gonna be. That's possible. It's possible. Okay, let's go to the run my big bet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for that's like the only bets. Personally, I'm really on on the Kansas City side, but I.
Speaker 1: Was going to go to the running back. But hold on, let me go to let me finish up the passing game. With Patrick Mahomes. I've only got to see grade on him, and maybe it's my Mahomes fatigue, but I'm not crazy about him here, you know, Okay, working his favor. Obviously, the Super Bowl is not too big a moment for Patrick Mahomes. You know, been here before, knows what this is all about. But that's also true for many of the Eagles. Philadelphia only allowed. Oh all right, I lost my spot in my notes. The moment will be too big for him. In the past sixteen Eagles games, only four quarterbacks topped one touchdown against the Eagles, and in those sixteen games, only five quarterbacks managed two hundred passing yards, which is a very low bar, although we did see in the playoffs Matthew Stafford and Jaden Daniels easily passed two hundred passing yards.
Speaker 3: But still, that's a.
Speaker 1: There's it's it's a it's a it's a very tricky spot for Mahomes here, and I'm nervous about a lot of his receivers. So I've just got the C grade. I I almost went be with him because I do have bs on Kelsey and Worthy, but I and maybe, just maybe, if it is going to be a one sided affair, Mahomes is just gonna pass. The volume is going to be so high he'll end up with a good you know what, I'm talking to myself into a B grade for Mahomes because I don't think the running game is going to be a factor here for two reasons. I believe the Chiefs will be trailing and then number two Kareem Hunts not good.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about I think we'll see. Like I said, with Hurts, I think in general, quarterbacks just run more. In the Super Bowl, I think I think Mahomes could do some. He can clearly do damage on the ground when healthy, and he is healthy right now. So I think that Hurts might lead. I mean, Mahomes might lead the Chiefs and rushing in this game in yard.
Speaker 1: I wonder that's probably a specials bet you can make. Patrick Mahomes will lead the Chiefs and rushing yards and I would not be surprised if that if it worked out that way. So here's where I I don't like Kareem and Pachecko's just off radar. You know, I had hoped and regular listeners know I got this wrong. I really thought that Hunt's struggles would translate into Pacheco getting more carries. I just think Pacheco's not not right. Something is not right with his injury problem, because he looks like a totally different guy than every other Isaiah Pachecko we saw prior to his injury. So let's talk Kareem Hunt. He has scored touchdowns in four straight games, but Philly only gave up five touchdowns all regular season on the ground and just one in the three playoff games this year. Hunt, he struggled badly throughout most of the regular season. Get this, and this is part of my and I've you've heard.
Speaker 3: These stats before. You've done a bunch of these shows with me.
Speaker 1: But among the twenty three runners that had Kareem Hunts two hundred carries this year, here's where he ranks. Yards gained Kareem Hunt dead last, yards per carry, dead last, avoided tackle rate dead last, and yards after contact second to last. Kareem Hunt is simply not very good. And he's he's gotten He's rolled up some pretty good box scores these past two games against Houston and against Buffalo. But Eagles are way better run defense than those teams are. Those teams struggled against the run all year. Eagles are top ten in run defense success rate, yards per carry allowed, run stuff win rate, miss tackle rate, and they're number one in run defense EPA.
Speaker 3: So I I just I.
Speaker 1: Don't think Kareem Hunt gets much of anything done here from a fantasy standpoint.
Speaker 4: I've got to go to get all the passing. Passing work.
Speaker 1: Well, I thought that too, but pe Ryan's barely on the field anymore.
Speaker 3: It's weird. He's been largely phased out of this offense.
Speaker 1: Just ten snaps and eleven snaps, and most of those are on special teams. In the past two weeks, I had been touting p Rne and his reception numbers to last each of the previous two playoff games. We needed to go to the and it was just like one catch. He got the one catch on the final drive of the game last week.
Speaker 4: I don't know that's what That's just what I'm remembering. Probably it was like a thirty yard catch too, wasn't it was? It was that's significant in the playoffs when it comes to fantasy.
Speaker 3: Yep, that matters.
Speaker 4: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 3: All right, So that's uh.
Speaker 1: I think that's Pacheco, as I mentioned, not a factor.
Speaker 3: DeAndre Hopkins not a factor. Yeah, it's uh.
Speaker 1: For Hopkins, you have to have a touchdown and I could see them because he's a big body guy. I could see him trying to trying to get the ball to him in the end zone. But I wouldn't risk it for somebody who's just not playing on the field that much. DeAndre Hopkins played twelve snaps last week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, Juju's of the play I mean between those two, at.
Speaker 3: Least, I think so too. I think so too.
Speaker 4: Yep, you gotta love YouTube.
Speaker 3: I do. I like him here you want to give a final score.
Speaker 4: I feel like we got two good defense this year. I mean, we were talking all offense. But I think I think I'm gonna go.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be lower than what is the over under at again, pull it up real quick, forty like forty eight, forty.
Speaker 4: Eight and a half. I'm gonna twenty four to twenty one.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, you think it's a lot closer than I do, all Right, I'm on thirty four to seventeen.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you got the over.
Speaker 3: I got the over and I got the Eagles in a one sided game.
Speaker 4: Well, I hope Dallas Goddard wins the MVP of that game.
Speaker 3: I do too, for your sake. That would be one hundred and twenty five to one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, one one.
Speaker 1: Wow, Titan's never won it. There's that, But this could be. This could be the moment.
Speaker 4: That means their due. And I started. I think it was. I think it was on. It doesn't matter who was on. I think there was a prop bet I saw where you can bet tighten or MVP by position, so you know you get both teams. Yeah, tight ended and end fourteen to one, so you know you get you obviously getting Kelsey, but uh yeah, Kelsey didn't move the needle enough for me to take that. I just think put it in the Goddard Goddard stock one twenty to one. Yeah, I like shoot for the moon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's I think Kelsey retires, and I think he does not propose to Taylor Swift at the end of the game. That's a better you can get action on that somewhere.
Speaker 4: That he doesn't proposed that he does.
Speaker 1: Or doesn't propose. We talked about it with on last week's show with Matt Harrison, because it's in he found odds on it, and he put his odds onto his super Bowl sheet.
Speaker 4: Well, it's got to be offshore odds.
Speaker 3: Who knows, Yeah, it might it probably is offshore odds.
Speaker 4: They could start the Kelsey Swift teams can start some kind of like gambling conglomerate to really control that the outcome, of course, and got a web across the world just placing bets on the I always thinking about that, like like the like the the over under on the length of the national anthem, Like if I if I'm the artist and I see that, I'm like, all right, so I gotta sing for this long and I know I can guarantee when as much money. Now you can't place the bets of course if you're we're singing the national anthem this year.
Speaker 1: But so we we talked a lot about Matt's Super Bowl prop game in the last In the last episode.
Speaker 3: Did you see I don't know, I don't know if you know if.
Speaker 1: You saw this, the NFL shut He was using the word super Bowl on his sheet, and the NFL contacted him and made him change it.
Speaker 4: That's awesome, actual seat like Goodell sign it.
Speaker 3: I'm sure it's his.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it's his legal team, and you know they're looking for trademark infringements.
Speaker 3: So now now it's Matt Harrison's.
Speaker 1: Uh big game, you know, prop bet sheet or whatever. I can't many figure things to worry about.
Speaker 3: Then Matt Harrison's prop sheet.
Speaker 4: Well I was I've actually been shocked in the past how much money he's made off that thing.
Speaker 3: And good for him.
Speaker 4: The NFL they booming anyone, I don't. They don't care if it's a couple. Yeah, no, super for you, no kidding.
Speaker 1: Well, look, I understand they have to protect the millions and millions of dollars that sponsors pay them for the right to be connected to the NFL and use the word super Bowl. But you wouldn't think that their diligence would go so deep that it would hit Matt's prop bed sheet.
Speaker 3: But there you go, it did.
Speaker 4: I don't go down the rabbit holes of the props too much. I did see one. I was intrigued by that. I bet I think it was like six to one on any kick hitting the crossbar. Now, crossbar bar or the post both.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, so don't so if there's a doink you it pays off? What is it? Six to one?
Speaker 4: It was like six to one and it doesn't say like miss make just got to make contact. So now you see a doink. Cheered for me.
Speaker 1: Everyone, butker is is not going to do that because Butker is awesome.
Speaker 3: Elliott could absolutely doin. But six to one is terrible. Odds on that, I think.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeh, let me just ask yourself. It's one out every six, you know, what is that fourteen percent or something of the of the kicks hit the upright no way.
Speaker 4: And you don't know and you expect but yeah, then but you don't know. You're gonna hopefully see six kicks. You know they're all independent of themselves. I don't know. Yeah, whatever. It was probably a stupid bit, but it'll be sure. It'll be fun if there's a doin. Could be the most excited I'll ever be for a doink kick.
Speaker 1: That That is probably true. That's probably true. We'll have fun for the super Bowl, you two listeners. We hope you have a great time and we'll find out. We'll find out how close to correct we are on all of this stuff. It all sounds good. You validated, you valued, you're you know, you're the way you broke down. The Eagles validated a lot of my own research. So we're yeah, I just swm together.
Speaker 4: We did not find like one edge for the Chiefs in this game, who are all again the favorites. It's just it's Mahomes magic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's it. And coaching.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, if it comes down to coaching, Andy Reid Steve Spagnolo are obviously awesome at what they do, so that's part of it as well, Right, yep, it's an intangible that we can't what are the odds?
Speaker 3: I don't think.
Speaker 1: I'm sure this is bettable someplace. But how awesome would this be?
Speaker 3: The Eagles run the Philly Special again and it.
Speaker 4: Works, or the Chiefs run it against them.
Speaker 3: Oh God, that'd be awesome too.
Speaker 1: Chiefs run against them and it works, And you know, you think about how many times the Chiefs do stuff with like Travis Kelcey in motion at the goal line, With Travis Kelcey in motion behind the goal line, getting carries or shovel passes. It's it is within it is within, It is within the realm of possibility.
Speaker 3: And oh would that be delicious?
Speaker 4: Steve Spagnolo though, just you're bringing back the good old days of the Giants for the younger ones out there who don't know. Spags was the DC for the Giants when they beat They beat the Patriots the first time, the biggest upset in Super Bowl history that the historic Patriots offense just shut down. Spags that.
Speaker 3: He's good, he's good. Our friend Ben Lee he didn't like him.
Speaker 1: He got a head coaching g Yeah, oh yeah, he was that coach for the ram.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well that sounds about right. Didn't last long, though, How.
Speaker 1: Do I not how do we not know that off the top of our head? This is this is now, customer, It wasn't almost worse than my math from a few minutes ago.
Speaker 4: There wasn't much success. I'll look it up real quick.
Speaker 3: I'm looking it up right now too. Rams.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they when they were that was like the end of their time in Saint Louis, I believe.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He two thousand and nine through twenty eleven. Pat Shermer was his offensive coordinator and the key players on his team. Then Mark was his quarterback. Remember those years with a little Kyle Bowler mixed in and this was this is when you they still had Steven Jackson.
Speaker 4: He was good, Brian, Oh yeah, Steven Jackson. He was kind of like the the Andre Johnson that he was just never on a good team with those Rams teams. It was sad they were. Spagnolo was ten and thirty eight three years one in fifteen, seven and nine and then two and fourteen. Yeah, Stephen Jackson was elite, just always on bad teams. Then he went to what uh Atlanta at the end of his career, but he was he was at out of gas at that point. Yeah, he was had better teams.
Speaker 3: Wow, get this stuff.
Speaker 1: You forget the rams leading receiver in Steve Spagnola's first year there, his leading receiver was Donnie Avery with five hundred eighty nine yards.
Speaker 3: That was the leading receiver, Donnie Avery.
Speaker 4: That's that's like on par with what Sam Donald was dealing with his rookie year with the Jets. Wow, I had to bring Sam Donald into this conversation.
Speaker 3: Of course, you had to turn it back to Sam Donald.
Speaker 4: But uh, yeah, yeah, no one was having any success with the that is uh, the Rams were literally on their way out of town. In those days, there was no hope for anyone Saint Louis.
Speaker 3: No, probably not.
Speaker 1: Then the next year was Sam Bradford was the uh was made his uh Way made his Rams debut after that, and the leading receiver then Danny Almandola, who I barely remembered was a Ram, but he was, and he led the team with six hundred eighty nine.
Speaker 4: He was probably the big off season signing that year, coming over from the Patriots. I'm sure I'll never forget uh Bradford, whos he went to Philly after the Rams. Remember when we were doing the Yeah, they were doing Fantasy Football Weekly a lot show at the Fair, and the news broke right before we went on about how they traded, like it was after the Bridgewater injury, Right we traded. Yeah. We were just sitting there like, whoa, we got to talk change up the rundown of the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no kidding.
Speaker 4: We're in Minnesota, that's at the fair. People want to talk about this now?
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, all right, my man, let's uh, let's call it a show. Thanks for listening, everybody. We'll be back next week. Brian and I are are the next two. It's gonna be a lot of charging Brian the next upcoming here, and then after that, it's going to be just crazy amounts of Thorne Eystrom on this show as we turned our attention to the rookie class.
Speaker 4: Th worst time to shine. That's why you put on this planet. That's a right, basically the months of March April May.
Speaker 1: We'll talk to you next week, everybody, Bye bye. Fantasy Football Weekly is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.