Speaker 1: Interesting I saw on the show floor. Chat GBT is getting into your health, Gmail is getting a big AI redesign. Plus your tech questions answered. What's going on. I'm Rich Dmiro and this is rich on Tech. This is the show where I talk about the tech stuff I think you should know about. It's also the place where I answer your questions about technology. I believe that tech should be interesting, useful, and fun. Let's open up those phone lines at triple eight Rich one oh one. That's eight eight eight seven four two four one zero one. Give me a call if you have a question about technology. Email is also open. Just go to the website rich on Tech dot tv and hit contact. We've got a great show lined up for you today. We're gonna talk about cees all neat things I've seen here, plush. We're gonna talk to open AI about their new chat GPT health experience. Yes, chat ebt wants you to upload your health information to their chatbot so you can gain insights about yourself. That will be interesting. Well, I am here in Las Vegas for CS twenty twenty six. Now the show floor is officially closed, but I am still here after an entire week, and I have to say, I'm quite proud of myself for actually staying pretty healthy throughout the week. That is no easy feat in a city of Las Vegas, where the air is drier than any place I've been. I mean, it's really really dry, and there's one hundred thousand, over one hundred thousand people from all over the world, touching things, talking, and so this is a big show. It takes over the convention center, it takes over the surrounding hotels, it takes over the city. I have walked the floor, I've seen people, I've had meetings, have gone to dinners. It's really where the tech world comes together. Now you might be saying, rich, doesn't CS stand for Consumer Electronics Show. It not. So CS is put on by an organization called CTA, which does stand for the Consumer Technology Association. They dropped the you know CES Consumer Electronics Show moniker a while ago. Now it's just CS because it's not just gadgets. It's everything on that show floor. There is health tech, there are cars, there's AI, there's wearables. I mean, there's so many things to see. It's not just one size fits all. We're no longer talking about DVD players and radios and TVs, although TVs are still a very big part of this show. Now, I saw a ton of stuff this week. I walked over one hundred thousand steps, and I know that because all week long I wore the Samsung ring. Basically, you know, I've had this thought about smart rings, which is great. You know, I want to wear them because twenty four to seven you can get your health insights. But I don't like the idea of wearing two rings. So I politely asked my wife and said, hey, do you mind if I replace my wedding ring with a smart ring just to see how it feels, just to see how I like having this thing on. And sure enough, because I'm already used to having a ring on that finger, I had no problem all week wearing this thing, and I really kind of loved it. Like every morning I'd wake up and I'd check my sleep. Now in Las Vegas, you know, sleep is very precious, especially at a show like this. I was also carrying around the Samsung S twenty five Ultra phone for capturing everything. I'm not sure why I wanted to switch from the iPhone this week, but I just wanted to see how it could do in a sort of a content creator situation, and I gotta say I was very impressed that thing really kept up, and I kind of remembered just how less, how many less taps it takes to do things on an Android than an iPhone, And voice to text on Android is infinitely better than on an iPhone. It's like you tap once you're already talking to text, or you're already talking to search. It's so much easier. The bummer was I could not find a signal in this entire town, and I was carrying around phones all the carriers. I don't know what the deal is with Las Vegas, but all throughout the convention center, all throughout the hotels, in the you know, the bottoms of these hotels, there is just no signal. So I'm sitting there trying to post all my stuff to social media and it was just almost impossible. Now at my hotel, I will tell you I did use a hack that was actually really good that I want to share. So, you know, you go to these hotels nowadays, it used to be you can connect as many devices as you want. And I guess this depends on the hotel you stay at. But where I'm staying fifteen dollars if you connect more than two devices, and I was like, no way, I've got like twenty devices I need to connect. So here's what you can do. If you have an Android phone, you can turn that into a mobile router where it not just shares a hotspot connection from your cellular which of course draws from your cellular data. It can take that hotel Wi Fi connection and actually reshare it. Even if you have to log in, it will still do that. And this is a thing that not many people know, not many people realize or use. This doesn't work on the iPhone, it's only on Androids, but if you want to know how to do it, it's on the Samsung. I'll put the link in the show notes. But it's Wi Fi tethering, and it is such a helpful thing because I basically connected my one Samsung phone to the hotel's internet, and then I connected all of my other devices to the Samsung device the Wi Fi hotspot, which again is not pulling from cellular. It was pulling from the hotel's Wi Fi, which I think is brilliant.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 1: I don't want to tell this story because it's really sad, but I did something very stupid this week. And there's a reason I'm telling you this because I thought the technology behind it was kind of interesting. So I went to this event. The first night I got here. It's at the Mandalay Bay and I had to park. You know, the parking lot was cramped and crowded, so I pulled into one of these spots. I wedged my car in there well. As I was pulling out at the end of the night, I was really close to a poll and I was talking to my wife on the phone and the kids, and I came like one inch away from, you know, clipping my side view mirror, right my driver's side mirror. And I was like, oh, that was a close call. Oh my gosh. And so I get back to my hotel, I valet my car. I don't think about it for the rest of the week. I get down to the valet to get my car. It comes back with this big, giant scrape on the driver's side and I was like, hey, you guys, I think you scratched my car. They said, no, we didn't. I said, yeah, you did, and they said because I told the guys, the valet guys, the story about almost hitting my car, they said, no, we remember you told us you almost hit your car. You did hit your car. I said what, and they said, well, we have cameras that can show when you entered the garage, like the valet garage. Every time the valet brings a car into the garage, it captures photos of it, kind of like that hurts Ai thing I was telling you about last weekend. So they do that, which I thought was brilliant. And so they showed me my car. They show it clearly going in at the time I brought it in, and they said, yeah, it already had the problem on your car and on this door. I said, Oh my gosh, I am so sorry. It's been such a long week. I completely forgot I did that. But how stupid am I that I hit my car. I didn't even look at the door because I thought I didn't hit it. So now I got to get my car fixed. Oh my gosh, brand new car. Not fun. But I will say it's very smart of this hotel, and I'm sure other valets do that. Of taking a picture of every single car, all they do is scan my ticket brought it right to that picture, and that's very smart because I bet a lot of people try to get over on the system and say, hey, you guys messed up my car. Now you get to pay, and they say not so fast. So I thought that was good, even though I'm really sad that I need to. You know, it's one of those things where you're spending money to get back to where you were, Like I'm going to repair my car just to get it back to where it was, which is always the worst spending of money. Instagram this week, if you got one of those password reset emails, it seems like it's some sort of system issue. I would not engage with it. So the first time I got the text from someone, they're like, hey, what's this deal? Why'd I get this email? I said, I don't know. Usually that's when someone tries to get into your account. Then I get another email from someone, Hey I'm getting this. They send me a screenshop. Then I get another one. Then my wife sends it to me, then my mom sends it to me. Then a couple other people on Instagram, Hey, rich what's going on. That's when I realize it's a trend and something's happening. So that's when I post and on Instagram and said, hey, if you're getting one of these things, you might want to be on the lookout. Don't engage with this email because I'm not sure what's happening. So if you get one of those emails it says, hey, on Instagram, we got a request to reset your password. Just leave it alone for now because we don't know what's happening. The good news is this is a reminder to tell you use a strong, unique password. If this is a hack where someone got access to a whole bunch of passwords and they're trying to log into accounts, anyone who has a weak password, they're going to get into your account. So make sure you have a strong password on. Make sure you have two factor authentication turned on. That is very important. All right, So at CS throughout the show, I'm going to sprinkle the show with all the cool stuff I saw. I'll tell you a couple of things right now, but overall, themes Ai Huge Ai one of the biggest things we saw there. It was in just about every product. Every company is throwing whatever they can at the wall to see what sticks. Robots I cannot tell you. I don't think I've ever seen more robots under one roof in one place in my entire life. And that was my most viral video from CS I posted a whole bunch of stuff at Richon Tech on Instagram. My video that went viral with almost six million views in counting. Is a human fighting a robot in a boxing ring at the unitary booth. Yes, a human fighting robot. Now, I think he was throwing pretty easy punches at this robot. But let me tell you, when robots are throwing punches back at humans, that is scary. And the other thing about these robots because right now, it takes a lot of time for these robots to learn how to do things that humans can do in seconds, Like they had all these laundry folding robots and things. Here's the thing that really stuck with me. One of the people I interviewed said, before we had to program these robots, there there's no data to show a robot how to fold laundry. But in the future, as these robots are walking around and they're learning about the world around them, they're going to start collecting data about wait, hold on, how do you fold laundry, how do you open a car door, how do you sweep a floor, how do you help someone or how do you hold their hand without crushing it. They're going to start learning because they're going to collect all this data from the world in real world circumstances, not just seeing it, but physically doing it themselves and making it better and better and better, and then sharing that knowledge with other robots. So that is a paradigm shift in our world because of AI. No longer do you have to sit there and say, okay, all this lines of code to say how to lift your hand and turn it and swap it and do this. No, now the robot learns on its own because of AI. That is a major shift in how fast we're going to see these robots develop from here on out. Right now, you may watch some of these videos on my Instagram, say, Rich those robots, you know, yeah, sure they can do this and that, but they're not really helpful. We are going to see an acceleration like never before in the next couple of years because of AI and because of what these robots can learn on their own. So check that out for sure. All right, I'll be telling you more about some of this stuff. I mean, I saw a robot that can climb the stairs, a vacuum robot. Uh, let's see. I saw a vending machine that three D prints chocolate. I saw snap on nails, press on nails that change color digitally, a lollipop that plays music, so much more. I'll tell you all about CS twenty twenty six right here on rich on Tech plus your calls at Triple eight Rich one O one eight eight eight seven four to two four one zero one. Thanks for joining me in Las Vegas. More rich on Tech coming your way right after this. Welcome back to rich On Tech. Rich Demiro here hanging out with you, talking technology at Triple eight rich one oh one. That's eight eight eight seven four to two four one zero one. Yes, coming to you live from Las Vegas today, one of my favorite cities. I love coming to Las Vegas. I know not everyone does. I posted on my Facebook Facebook dot com slash rich on Tech and I said vaggas love it or not for you, and the comments came flowing in. A lot of people love it, A lot of people think it's fun. A lot of people think it's gotten very expensive, which it has. I've been coming to Las Vegas long enough to remember the ads for ninety nine cent shrimp cocktail. I never took advantage of that, And now I don't think you can because now that same shrimp cocktail is like ninety nine dollars and it's a seafood tower of shrimp cocktail. But here's what I love about Vegas. When adults come to Las Vegas, they come to enjoy themselves, right Like everyone here wants to have a good time. And I think that's very unique for a city because you walk around, people are smiling, they're laughing, they're with their friends. They usually have a little group of folks with them, and it's just kind of fun. Now I'm not saying everyone, you know, there's definitely some people here that you see them and you're like, you know, you feel a little sad. But for the most part, people that are flying into Las Vegas, they are definitely here to take advantage of some downtime, be an adult, enjoy some you know, nice food, nice play, nice shows, whatever. And it's just kind of a different atmosphere than a lot of places. It's almost like a vacation every single day, which of course makes it interesting when you're here for something like a big technology show like CES, because the whole rest of the city is partying and you're trying to work, so it's definitely a different dynamic for sure. Let's go to the first caller, Arnold in Rancho Cucamonga, Line one, Arnold, you're on with Rich Arnold? Are you there?
Speaker 2: My Microsoft subscription to a Microsoft perpetual license and then so then I was unable to access it. So I changed to Libert Office because it was free to get access to my word documents. But then when I try and save, I get an air message I finally got access to. And then when I try and save my MS word documents, I get this air message It says, sorry, we can't open htpps A, doots, live, whatever, all this stuff. And if I click okay to exit that error message, it takes me to this UH to save the file to the thing it says users arenal app data roaming Microsoft Windows network shortcuts. But this all seemed to and then what happened was it seemed to be related to my subscription expireds that my one drive. It tells me that there's not enough cloud storage, and it asked me either to upgrade but ord to free up space, and I can't. I'm unable to free up space, so I don't know if that's two separate issues.
Speaker 3: Hope that makes sense.
Speaker 1: So it doesn't really make sense. I'm trying to figure out. So what are you trying to You're trying to double click a file on your computer and it's not opening, and it's saying it's this weird like HTTP, like almost like a web r L.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's like when I'm working on a word file and then I go to save it, and because I'm getting the message saying this file is like unsaved and you need to save it, and it's just it's just continually reads. It has the name of the files that's saving. It's just continually saving.
Speaker 5: And I don't want to save that from just in a word, just a word file of my you know, a word file that I'm working on, you know.
Speaker 1: In the Libra office.
Speaker 2: I changed I did.
Speaker 5: Get rid of the lever stuff and I changed it back to word. I changed a bunch of things in the settings that I'm back to my I was finally able to get into my I believe it's my perpetual license and I'm so I'm back to.
Speaker 3: Using a word.
Speaker 1: Okay, So it sounds like, are you trying to save it to the cloud or to your hard drive.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to save it to my hard drive, but so I turn off the I turn off that open the yeah, but it always pops up and I can't seem to get rid of it. And I don't want I never wanted to save to one drive, but I can't get rid of that red dot and white X on all these files. Now they just sitting there.
Speaker 1: Okay, well it sounds it sounds like your one drive is completely filled up. That's what it sounds like to me. So it is. I would I would go in there and you can do this maybe from the web interface. To make life easier for you. You got to go in there and either drag some files out, delete some files, and just free up space. And I think that should solve a lot of the problems.
Speaker 2: And the problem I can't find those. So when I can't find where to do that at, I don't see any files.
Speaker 1: Just go to OneDrive dot live dot com and that'll bring you to your files as long as you're logged in on your Microsoft account. You have to be logged in on the same account, So if you go there, that'll bring your files and you can see I'll say, you know, home my files shared, and I can see right at the bottom it should say storage how much storage is being used out of your If you're just on the free version, you got five gigabytes, so I would do that would also empty the recycling bin. Depends on the cloud service. Some cloud services count the recycling bin as storage, some do not, So it just sort of depends on the different cloud storage that you're using, so you can check that. But I think it sounds like a lot of these issues are related to the cloud storage being overfilled, and so it's trying to save things on the cloud storage and it can't. Now if you want to save them in a different location when you're in word, you know, just use that menu to save as into a different location on your hard drive. But then you have to worry about your stuff not being in sync or not being backed up rather, and so I would recommend that you probably use one edrive just because it's better to have things in the cloud. If this is all very frustrating to you, you can also just switch to Google Docs and you can use Google Docs on the web. It's completely free. You're not gonna have any issues with this stuff. They're going to give you fifteen gigabytes of storage, so you do have some options there. And then Microsoft does have a web version of their apps as well, so if you type in Office three sixty five web app, they should have some free versions of those as well. It says free Microsoft three sixty five online. Thanks for the call. Arnold eighty eight rich one oh one eighty eight seven four to two four one zero one. Welcome back to rich on Tech. Rich DeMuro here hanging out with you, talking technology at triple eight Rich one O one eight eight eight seven four two four one zero one. Let's go to let's see what we have here. Let's go to Mike in Minnesota. Line is that that is line three I. I. You know, Bobo has to uh, since it's a remote show, Bobo has to bring up the caller. So that's why I'm calling out the lines in case you know a little behind the scenes information for you. That's why I'm calling out the lines today. Mike, thanks for joining. What what can we help you with today? What's going on? Hey?
Speaker 4: So I've got Mike, so I've got uh do looking for it? So I got Mike. I was able to fix my router. So I was able to because the night Night Hawk app is accessible for visually impaired. So the the thing I wanted to know is how do I get rid of or not get rid of, Like how do I disable Microsoft Edge on my co gutter because it's like the co pilot. I don't like that, It's it's really irritating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you have to set your default app. So uninstalling Edge from Windows is it might be possible, but it's not easy, and I don't think it's for the uh, you know, the average person to do because they've sort of built it into the entire program, right, it's built directly into the operating system. So but what you can do is you can easily set Google Chrome as your default. So there's a couple of ways you can do this. You can either go into Chrome and in the settings. So you can go into Chrome and then you know, tap those three little lines in the upper right hand corner tap settings, and then you can go into default and see where it says default browser on the left hand sid. You can tap that and then it'll say Google Chrome is your default browser. So that's how you can confirm if it is or not. If it's not, then you've got to go into your search and just type in defaults and it'll bring up default apps and you tap that, and now you can go down to Chrome that's installed. And let's see here trying to find Google Chrome. Here it's set to faults for application on a search Chrome. Okay, now I search Chrome, tap Google Chrome, and now at the top it says make Google Chrome your default browser. And so if you look at my list right now, it's a mishmash like some things are Chrome, some things are Edge. I'm gonna tap set default and now all the important stuff will switch over to Google Chrome. And then when you're trying to open up documents and links, it will open in Google Chrome. It's not gonna get rid of the edge browser completely, but it will get rid of when you try to open things up in different apps that they open up into the Edge browser. So's it's one of those things that you know, it should be a little bit more straightforward. On Windows. I feel like they should get people more of an option, maybe like a one switch to turn off these things like Copilot. I'm looking in here, I've got Copilot. I think there is a setting to make sure that you know it doesn't come up as much. Let me see if I go, I remember looking at this one time. Oh that's recall. Okay, that's a whole other thing. Oh my gosh, let's let's not open that can of worms. Recall is the feature that basically remembers everything that comes across your screen on your Windows PC. So I think it's turned off by default. I have it turned on just for testing purposes, but actually forgot. But it's interesting because the first clue is that to even open up the app, they wanted me to put in my code because you know, there could be some very private information in there. But again, Mike, you can do that by just going into the settings uh default apps and switching that over and hopefully that should help. But yeah, I agree, it's uh, you know, Windows, they do give you a lot of options, and power users know how to kind of tweak every single little thing. But I think the average person just kind of deals with what Microsoft gives them. And that's what companies like because most people are not changing the defaults. They're just using whatever they get, and that is an advantage for these companies that want to propagate their software to everyone. Thanks for the call. Eight eight eight Rich one oh one eight eight eight seven four to two four one zero one. Glad you got the other. I remember Mike called a couple of weeks ago about another question with his router, and he actually got that fixed, which is great to hear. Let's see what let me tell you more about CS some of these things I saw. Okay, so I guess I'll tell you the oddest thing that I saw. And I've got it right here. I'm not even you can hear the packaging a gadget call. Now at CES, there's a whole bunch of stuff, right, there's like stuff you might see in the future, stuff you may never see, prototypes, concepts, stuff that's coming out, you know. Like TCL they launched their new flagship TV and they made it available that day, Like that's never done practically. Most companies announce stuff and then it's another three to six months before you can actually get it. TCL actually made their TV. Let me see if I can get the the actual name of the TV, because I went to this whole big TCL briefing. Yeah, okay, it is the let's see what it was. It was the Oh yes, it's the sq D. So their TCL SQD X eleven l that's their twenty twenty six flagship X eleven l SQD Mini LED And this thing is like super It looks amazing, by the way, Like this TV is incredible, Like the screen is so good, it's almost old. Like they showed it next to an olead and it looked better than an OLEAD. So I was very impressed with this thing. But what they did was they made it available the same day they announced it, which is like, no one does that. So I love that because like people like me that want something, you don't have to wait another three to six months for it. But this this odd gadget that I have in my hands here, it's called Lollipop Star, and it is a lollipop that plays music in your head. So when you put this thing in your mouth, uses bone conduction technology to let you hear music. So a lot of headphones and earplugs are at earplugs, you know, earbuds will use bone conduction or not really earbuds, I guess it's really it kind of going the outside of your ear. And so this lollipop uses that same technology, and so you turn the thing on. It's a real lollipop, but the bottom of the stick has like electronics built in and then you can hear music. And this one I have is from Ice Spice. It's a pink peach pink frost and it's a white peach strawberry ice lollipop and you put it in your mouth and you basically hear music. It plays up to sixty minutes and when it's over, that's it. You got to throw out the whole thing, which is kind of wasteful because it's a one time used thing, but and it's also unique. Nine dollars for the lollipop, lollipop stars the name. But here's what I love about ces. This is and this is why I think if you, if you own a small business, if you are someone it has like a little candy shop or something, you need to come to shows like this. Why because you need something that is on the cutting edge to attract customers to your business. And so if you run a candy shop, I saw a machine that three D prints chocolate figurines. You want that in your candy shop because it's gonna give you an advantage over when people are walking down some main street and some little vacation city they're going to and they come at your candy shop and they see the same old candy, you know, the salty saltwater taffy and the gummy bears and all that stuff. Okay, I've seen all this stuff. They'll walk around for a minute. But when you have an attraction like this, like a lollipop that plays music, yeah it's silly, but it's something nobody's seen before. So now you're gonna have that curiosity factor of someone's gonna come in. They've got discretionary money, they're on vacation, they're gonna buy it, and now you've just made more money for your business. Same thing with this machine. It's called the Choco Print chalco Print. This is one of the videos that also is going viral on my Instagram rich on tech. This is a vending machine that three D prints chocolate figurines. Now people are debating the merits of it. The company that was demoing it made a mistake. The mistake is that they put the sample price, like the price on the screen was like twenty dollars for the figurine, which is not really what people are going to be paying. They said it's more like five to six dollars. So when you're demoing a machine. Don't put a really expensive price on the screen because people are all fixated on the price, which is not really representative what people are actually going to pay for this thing, this little figurine. So you pick your design. It makes a whole bunch of different designs, everything from like little rabbits to you know, different NFL helmets, whatever, And then you choose your design. You take a tray, you put it in the machine, and some people are saying, Okay, I don't like that because people are putting their hands into the machine. And then the little three D print head prints out the design with chocolate, and it takes about, you know, three to four minutes for this to happen. You get to watch it, so you get to show and then it pops out, little figurine. You can keep it, you can eat it, you can show your friends. You'll probably take a picture of it and post it to social media. And the machine itself is about twelve thousand dollars. Nobody's you know, I'm not saying you're buying that machine unless you ran a small business. But you can see how you can make a return on this. But again, I'm not saying that this machine is going to succeed or fail. But it's one of these things where when you are and this is kind of like why I go to all this stuff, you have to be aware of what's out there so that when people ask you about things, you know what the market has and what it doesn't have. So there's so many things like that. I saw another idea in the market. Now I'm gonna I'll talk about this, but there's this little there's this little section that I personally love of CS called Eureka Park. These are all the kind of scrappy startups from all over the world, and they usually have just one little product that they are just launching. I think that one of the people told me the product has to launch at CS, like it can't be something that's been on the market. Has to at least a new version or a new feature. But one of these things was a digital lock for bathrooms at like a gas station, and you would have to tap to pay to get into the lock, which I thought was really interesting. It is called flush Locks USA, and they're gonna start selling this thing and it just looks like a digital lock for your front door, except it's got a screen pad, it's got number keys, on it. It's got tap to pay and you can open this bathroom door by yourself if you pay the dollar ninety nine for access. Now you may be saying rich, that's so evil. I have public restrooms. A public restroom. Yeah, have you been to public restroom lately? They're horrific. I mean, the things that have happened in there are like I don't even know. And so I would gladly pay a dollar for a clean restroom on a road trip. Why not? And so this company's gonna start putting these things in the marketplace. We'll see. I don't know if that's gonna work. I mean, I don't know what the rules and regulation are. But a lot of these places you go into, they're like, sorry, no public restroom. But if you're making money on your restroom and people are happy to pay for a clean restroom, I think it's a win win situation for a lot of people. So again, all these ideas you see at CS. It's still a place where new ideas take flight, and I love to be there for that. And I've got many more to tell you about. I got to tell you about these color changing press on nails. Unbelievable. I don't know how they work, but that's a wild thing. Eight eight eight rich one O one eight eight eight seven four to two four one zero one. More rich on Tech coming your way right after this. Welcome back to rich on Tech. Rich Demiro here hanging out with you, talking technology. Triple eight rich one O one eight eight eight seven four to two four one zero one. Let's go to line one. We've got Mike on Mark on the line in Seattle. Mark, you're on with Rich.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Rich, Hey, I have a VRBO and I would like remotely control the heat, you know, control the heat with the guests they make sure the heats off. And i'd also like to if if it's possible to have a door that I could change the combinations to remotely, because currently I just have a key box that I'm manually set, and I have a manual thermostat, and a lot of times the guests will even though they're started to turn the heat down, they don't cuss. It eats into my funds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, well you just gotta you gotta go with digital, a digital door lock and a digital thermostat. So what do you have right now for those things you just you said you have a lock box or just a physical.
Speaker 3: Everything's just manual. Now. The thermostat's you know, battery operated like digital thermostat and it controls electric heat.
Speaker 1: Do you have a Wi Fi cant? Do you have a router or Wi Fi connection?
Speaker 3: Yes, d r bo if you have a dr bio in this neck of the witch, you need to have a high speed internet, so yes, I do.
Speaker 1: Okay, perfect. So I was gonna say, I mean, I you know, unless people are trying to stay there to disconnect from everything, you gotta have you gotta have Wi Fi. I mean that would be a problem if you didn't. Okay, Well you can. So I have one of these locks on my door, like the smart lock, and basically you can create different codes for different people, so you can do it right from the app. You can do it instantly. It will update. Now I'm looking online right now, and it's interesting because you're using Verbo. It looks like some of these actually integrate with the app, so I would look to see it right now, I'm only seeing it. Looks like Airbnb has a couple of models that integrate with the app, which means when someone rents a place on Airbnb, it generates a code for the front door and then it sends it to your lock, so that person has a unique code and that's it. It only works for them when they flog in, which is, by the way, would be a lot less work for you.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, how often I might lose some control over it too. I don't just go through rent it from vrbo iver in it through other sources also.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, the good news is you it's easy to do this, so you've got I mean, Schlague is the one that I've tested that I like. It works and you can definitely do that remotely. So you would just get one of these. I mean, they have a whole bunch of different ones, but the encode plus uh, you know, just look for one of those that they have and they will let you change the codes from the app and you can have up to one hundred codes. Now, you probably want one that's a little bit more reinforced because it's gonna be used by a lot of people, right, so you want to make sure you're getting a heavy duty one that's number one. Yale is another brand that has one that you know is obviously very popular as well. I'm trying to look at this one let's see, uh, it's got some good weather resistance and it's got the Wi Fi connect. Okay, that's good. And then let's see okay, and then there's one called Lockley. That one's interesting. I'm not familiar with that, but it's it's coming up here and it's saying that basically, it can issue offline access code, so if the internet connection ever happened to go down, it would still work with a code offline, which could be interesting. But it looks like a lot of these things can have up to one hundred codes at one time, so you could either rotate through those codes or just give you know, sign people a code however you want to do it. But that's definitely easily doable. So that's number one. When it comes to the thermostat, I would say, I mean, there's really two thermostats out there that are good for this sort of thing. I would say the Nest thermostat is kind of like, you know, it's the thermostat that invented the entire genre of smart thermostats. So the neat thing about the Nest thermostat, and a lot of the other ones do this too, is that they do have presence sensing built in, so even if the people leave this airbeing or this verbo and they forget to turn it down like you ask them to, this thermostat is smart enough to know when everyone leaves the house and it's vacated, it will automatically fault to the temperature that you set in the app to go, or you could just go into the app and manually set that. So there's a lot of ways to do that. But those are the two things that you need to get this set up. And I think your your guests will really appreciate that. I think a lot of them will know how to use the nest, so I would probably go with that. The other, the other one that a lot of people like is called ecob or echo be on how I say it, but it's that's they make smart thermostats that a lot of people like as well, and they also have thermostats that have those presence detection sensors in them as well. So those are your options, Mark, I think that's gonna really help you out there. Pretty cool. You know, it's a nice little business to have. You got those got that rental property, you got people coming in. I you know, I've only stayed in a handful of these airbnbs or these verbos. I think they're really interesting. I think that you know, it's it serves such a purpose for what you want to do. Right, Like if you're like we had you know, my my mother in law's birthday at like this giant house that we rented, right, you can't you can't have two four, six, eight, ten, twelve, you know, twelve people in a how in a hotel room? Like you just can't do that. I mean maybe there's an hotel room, but it's like, you know, and plus you had this great estate, you had this great pool, so it's really amazing. How again, when you look at what Airbnb invented, And I went to the Airbnb event this year where you know the guy who started it, he just Brian Cheskey talks about you know, how he came up with this idea and it was just literally him and a couple of people in San Francisco, and I think there was a conference coming to town, and he said, hey, why don't we put some like air mattresses on the floor and rent them out to people that are coming to this conference it's like a tech conference. And sure enough that is now a multi billion dollar company, and people have made a living getting places, renting places, making their places great.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's just so amazing that when you think about and I guess I'm just inspired right now because of everything I saw at CES. There's still so many ideas out there that there's just waiting to be born. And you know, people may be frustrated, they may say, oh, everything's been thought of. Sometimes all you have to do is modify an idea to make it better. I mean, who would have thought that a guy with an air mattress would take on Marriot. If you told me that, you'd say, no, way, you can't. Mariot's got a hotel in every every single city in the world. And you know, now people stay in Airbnb. It's a it's a proprietary eponym. No one said, you know, no one says I'm gonna stay in Marriot. They say I'm gonna stay in a hotel, but they do say I'm gonna stay in Airbnb. Eighty eight Rich one O one eighty eight seven four to two four one zero one more after this, Welcome back to rich On Tech. Rich Tomuro here hanging out with you, talking technology. Triple eight rich one oh one eight eight eight seven four to two four one zero one. I am looking at an incredible view right now of the Las Vegas sphere. Wizard of Oz is playing today at eleven am and two pm. Buy tickets now I can see that. Yeah, if you have not seen this fear in real life, it is quite incredible. It's been outside my hotel room. Yes, I'm broadcasting live from Las Vegas this week because of CS and CS is the big technology show that everyone from around the world pretty much attends. Not open to the public, by the way, so don't try to come. We were talking to some folks at the bar last night and he said, Oh, I wanted to go to the show see all those cool robots and things. And I realized you can't. You can't buy a ticket. No, you cannot. But I've talked to CS about this. I said, you guys need to do one day where the public can come to the show. You would make so much money. The public would gladly pay twenty twenty five, thirty forty fifty dollars for a ticket to see all this cool stuff. Now, the floor is crowded as it is, so I don't think they would do it during the normal show, but maybe you stay open an extra day and you let the public in. They would love to experience this stuff. I mean, it's not a year goes by where people say, Rich, I would love to go to CES. I want to see that. But I'm still here looking at I can see the convention center. By the way, they remodeled the convention Center this year. It was kind of a surprise. Maybe a couple years ago they remodeled one of the wings. Now they've remodeled I think it was a west wing. Now they've remodeled the north and central hallwing, and it looks incredible. I mean, it's now a proper entrance to this convention center. And I think they still have the South wing to go. That's the final wing to be remodeled. But you know, there's only a couple of cities that can handle a giant conference like this. I think Orlando's one of them. Las Vegas. I'm not sure where else can handle you one hundred and fifty thousand people at the same time in a city, especially with the hotel rooms just absorbing that. Saw so many cool things that CS. I'll get to a call in just a second, but let me just tell you about this one. I just got a If you haven't checked out my instagram at rich on Tech, you gotta go there. I've got so many things posted from CS and they're just so fun. I posted the most visual stuff at richon Tech on Instagram. Just just scroll through and just have a you know, just sit down your couch have you know, still listen to the show obviously, but just you know, maybe grab a a soda or whatever you want. I mean, I'm not telling you if drink soda, but you know what I mean, and you know, just sit there and scroll. It's fun. I mean, there's so many cool visual things from this show. One of them I saw is this startup called eye Polish. They're making color changing press on nails. They are digital I don't know what this material is, but you pick a color on the iPad. Yeah, it sends it via bluetooth to this little device. You pop your nail into the device and suddenly the nail flickers and the color changes. And yes, if you watch Total Recall, I've got a whole bunch of people sending me the clip from that movie. It's exactly what it looked like in that movie where the person taps their finger and the color of their nail changes. And I watched this demo of this girl changing the color of her nails a bunch of times, and I still couldn't figure out how it's done, and she couldn't really explain it either, So I said, how is this being done? What kind of digital witchcraft is this? It is really cool. The device is going to sell for like one hundred dollars and then each individual set of nails is you know, it sounded pretty reasonable. I can't remember the exact price, but it wasn't overly crazy. But yeah, you can change. Let's say you put these on. They last about two weeks. You put these on your nails, and every single day you can change the color of your nails to match your outfit. Now I'm not doing this personally, but I could see the appeal. My wife, she loves. During the pandemic, she found these like press on nails. Remember back in the day when I was a kid, they had Lee press on nails. I remember that. I think that was the name, right. I could just it's just like it's seared in my head from when I was a kid, Lee press on nails famous since the nineteen eighties. Now she uses a different brand. Oh it's called Dashing Divas. That's right. See, these are the things I know because I see the bill. But Dashing Divas she discovered during the pandemic and she loves them. Now, it's a lot of work. She's sitting there at our table and she literally looks like she working in a nail salon. She's like filing her nails putting all these things on. It takes a lot of work, but they look great, especially for you know, at home nails. But now we're taking a step further. You gotta check out the video again. The company is called I Polish. They're a startup out of Florida, and they're gonna be selling these things soon. But yeah, that was really cool. She gotta you gotta see that. All right, let's go to Vanessa Vanessa online three calling from You're gonna have to tell me how to say the name of this city, Vanessa. What's what's the how do you say the name of your city? Paromp See, I wouldn't have said that.
Speaker 6: You could come over here. Need be hear in the now?
Speaker 1: Oh really? All right, Well, I'll make my way after the show what's what's there to do in perump over the Hump?
Speaker 6: Not a whole lot. It's the home of a lethal brothels into that.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, okay, well you know, I'm surprised I haven't been there before. No, I'm just kidding. Uh oh my gosh.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: Kim apparently knew that. And Bobo's taking notes all right, in all seriousness, what what's happening? What's what's going on?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 6: I tried to change from Last Past to Bitwarden, and I cannot figure out the instructions. I try, I read, I've downloaded it. I tried importing from last Pass and I can't get it to work.
Speaker 2: Really, I was wondering if you have if you.
Speaker 6: Have a simple plot, a simplified instructions for that.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me let me see Bitwarden import from Last Past. I think they would have it on their help page. I did this recently and I found the process to be quite easy. So I will definitely link up the help page that bitwarden has. But where how are you? Where are you doing this? Are you doing this on your computer or on your smartphone?
Speaker 2: On my computer?
Speaker 1: Okay? So when you open up Last Past, you found the ability to export your vault correct, correct, okay, and you get.
Speaker 9: That file file yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, you saved it to an Excel file. Yes, okay, that might be the problem. You gotta say. Well, okay, now when you say excel, is it a CSV that's a comma separated value file? Is that with the dot CSV? Is that what it is? Okay?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, Excel okay.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you don't need to open it in Excel. Do you don't need to open this at all? So don't open it, export it and then don't open it. Okay, that's number one. Now, once you once you get that file, that export dot CSV, you're going to go into bitwarden on your computer. Okay, And I'm trying to see if you can do this. Yes, so you have to do this, Yeah, you can do this on your computer. You have a Chrome web browser.
Speaker 2: Yeah okay.
Speaker 1: So did you install the bitwarden extension on your web browser?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, so you did that. Now, when you go into settings on bitwarden, can you open up there? Can you open up bitwarten, go to settings. Once you go there, you'll see vault options and it says import items. You tap that and then you go and you look at your data. It says data file and it will say last pass, so you tap that, and then it even gives you an option to import directly directly from last pass. You can try that, but I think you already have the CSV, so just do that. You choose your file, and it will import all of those passwords into bitwarden and that's it. It should be pretty straightforward. Have you done all those steps? Okay, well I think we lost Joan, but sorry, Vanessa. But if you've done those steps, it should be pretty straightforward, and then when you go into bitwarden, all of your passwords should be in your vault. Now I did this recently and it really is a quite easy process and there's really not much more you have to do other than that. The only thing I will I will tell you Vanessa, once you're done with that file, I would delete it and get rid of it, because the reason you want to get rid of it is because it has all of your passwords on there, So definitely delete that. You don't want that lingering around getting in the wrong hands, and then you can go in. Now what I would do is don't go ahead and delete last past. The first day. You do this, give yourself a couple of weeks of overlap. That's what I did for myself when I change from my old password manager, And so you give yourself a couple of weeks of overlap because if you're having trouble you can't find a password, something imported wrong, you can go back to last pass and find that password and correct it. But you can always do a password reset nine times out of ten and before you get you know, once you're up and running on bitwarden, then you can go into last Pass. You can delete your account, you can delete the app, get rid of everything, and you can now finally, you know, completely use bitwarden in your day to day. But that's what I would recommends. That's the process that I used, and it worked pretty well. And I'm not look nothing against last Pass, nothing against all these other password managers. But Bitwarden is completely free. And you may be saying, well, rich, if it's free, it can't be that good. It is good. And I've met with the CEO. I've talked to them extensively about their plan and their product, and they do open source a lot of it so that people can check to make sure what they're doing is on the up and up. That's a great thing. And why is it free? Well, even if you want it to pay for bitwarden, the personal pricing is so cheap that, in fact, I got an email this week someone said, hey, rich why don't you just pay just to support them, which I probably will do. It's like ten bucks. Let's say I'm trying to find the personal and if you look at a view all plans so free, free forever, zero dollars, unlimited devices, some of these some of these apps that are free for your password, they'll limit you to a certain amount of devices, one or two devices. You get pass keys, management, all the core functionality, and it's always going to be free. Plus you can share with one other user premium ten dollars a year. You can swing that ten bucks a year, why not? And you get even more features like file attachments. I'll put a link to all of this on the website Vanessa, including that help page. Rich on Tech dot TV eighty to eight rich one oh one more rich on Tech on the way after this, Welcome back to rich on Tech. Rich DeMuro here hanging out with you talking technology at Triple eight. Rich one oh one eight eight eight seven four to two four one zero one. Phone lines are open. Give me all if you have a question about technology. The website also an option go to Rich on tech dot tv hit contact. I will tell you. If you sent me an email on the past week or so and I've not gotten to it, there's a reason for that. I've been in Las Vegas for CS and it consumes all of my time. Like I'm talking all of my time. Now, I am testing a new feature on Gmail called AI Inbox, and let me tell you, it is incredible. So this week Gmail or Google I guess, added a couple of new AI features to Gmail that you're now getting for free. These are things that you used to have to pay for, and a couple of them. Basically, it's like smart replies and all these different things that you know. It's kind of turning your Gmail inbox into like an AI assistant. So number one has features that help you write emails. It'll summarize emails and suggest replies in your own tone. That was the thing that was missing before. Now it's looking at all your emails. You know, I have twenty years worth of emails in there. It knows exactly how I write my emails, which by the way, are usually like one or two words, but it will suggest replies in my own voice. That's all going to be free, and that's rolling out to Gmail users now in the US, so don't be surprised if you start typing an email and it wants to help you write it. That used to be a paid feature which I've been using for a long time. Now everyone's getting it, which is incredible. Also summarized, so when you look at the top of your email, it'll have a little summary of the email, which is really helpful, especially when you get into like a long back and forth with someone, you could just see what the latest is. And then smart replies you're getting, you know, like I said, more personal with the way that you do that. Now, this is the other cool thing that it's getting that is just truly, truly incredible. They have basically taken all of your emails. Now this is for paid users, and they are now letting you search those through those emails the way you would search with a chatbot. So I don't know about you, but you know, you make a reservation for something, you trying to find that exact email with that information, you can never find it quickly for some reason. Now, AI Overview will synthesize the information. It will scour your inbox, find the information, even if it's across a whole bunch of different emails, and put that into a little summary up at the top, just the way that AI is doing it on CHATGBT, the way that AI is doing it on AI overview for Google, or when you see that little AI summary up at the top of your search. Now that's going to happen in Gmail, but you have to be a paying Gmail user to get that. And I am, and I already have it, and it is so amazing. You can ask questions of your email, your past twenty years of emails. You can ask questions just like you would an AI chatbop. And it's only programmed on your emails. Now I know, before you send me the angry emails. Yes, this is private. Google is not using your email to train their AI box. They're not sharing your information with anyone else. This is all done a very private way. Think about as your email is a little vault, and their AI box can look into that vault, but it can't share that information with anyone else, nor is it being trained on that vault. So come on, this is Google. They're gonna do things in a private way because they know there would be backlash if they didn't. So I am absolutely loving that feature. Now, the new feature, the super new feature that I'm testing that is only available to a handful of people, and I beg them to give me. This is called AI Inbox. And this just takes your whole email, changes the way your inbox looks completely, and it gives you as soon as you get to the top, it says, hey, right, you have eleven suggested to do s and fourteen topics to catch up on. And it gives me all the things I need to do in my inbox that are like pressing, whether it's paying a bill, whether it's an RSVP, whether it's a reply, whether it's a sign an agreement, submit a time card, pay your taxes, update billion information. I mean, this is stuff that's on there right now. It's amazing, It's totally amazing. Then you've got topics to catch up on, and it's got all the little things that you need to know that people wrote you in an email, like ten thousand characters, but it summarizes it and it organizes it. It is truly incredible. I will be such a productive person because of this. But Google, if you're listening on these suggested to dos, you need a checkbox so I can get rid of it, because I already it says you have to update my ex billing information. I already did that. I figured it out. Now I want to get rid of that card. So I need a way to get rid of that, and it's not there yet. But again, it's day two, so I'll give you a little bit of a break there. All right, let's go to Kathleen in Santa Clarita line for Kathleen.
Speaker 6: You're on with Rich Hello, how are you today? Thank you so much.
Speaker 10: I love, love, love your show being.
Speaker 6: Oh you will help me so much.
Speaker 9: Well, I don't love to hear that.
Speaker 1: I love to do this show. I love to talk to folks like you, and that really means a lot to me. What can I help you with?
Speaker 10: So when I am driving and using either Google Maps or Apple Maps, I do not use ways anymore because it has sent me in some strange places. Queen another one bites the Dutch constantly played, I cannot put on my navigation if I don't have like iHeart or my Audibles or Spotify plane. I do not have Apple Music. I do have an iPhone, more newer one I think, maybe like a thirteen, but it's sometimes I just want to drive in quiet when I'm listening to directions and I can't, and I don't want to listen to Queen another one by. It just plays over and over and over. It doesn't stop.
Speaker 1: Okay, it sounds. Do you have an iPhone?
Speaker 4: I do?
Speaker 1: Okay? Do you have this in your Apple Music library? This song?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I and I don't have apples.
Speaker 6: I don't have Apple Music.
Speaker 10: I looked on my apps and I can't find it.
Speaker 6: So when my.
Speaker 10: Daughter was here, when she got Spotify, she mustn't delete it.
Speaker 1: So okay, so I would go ahead, redownload Apple Music from the app store, go in there and see if that song is in there, and delete it. Do you have an older car? Newer car?
Speaker 10: Seing Honda, so it's it's older. It's like okay, okay, so the fancy stuff.
Speaker 1: There's a feature, Kathleen, where basically, when you plug in your iPhone on older cars, it will automatically play the first song in your library. A lot of people replace that with a silence song. Look it up search iPhone, play silent song in car connection, and a lot of people. You'll see. There's a whole bunch written about this. I'll link it up on the website as well. Rich on Tech dot TV, Welcome back to rich on Tech. Rich Demiro here hanging out with you, talking technology Triple eight Rich one oh one. Uh, you can call in. I know the lines are slammed, but we will get to you after this. We've got a great guest, someone who's been on the show many times before. Matt. You may Matt Swider from the show, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 9: Thanks for having me Rich.
Speaker 1: He literally took a red Eye from Las Vegas to fly back to New York City, still made it in time for this hit. I am so impressed with you right now.
Speaker 9: Thanks. I barely made it, but I did make it.
Speaker 1: You're right, you're right.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Tell me about CS twenty twenty six. What did you What was your what's your key takeaway?
Speaker 11: I'd say, we're seeing you know, gadgets, the next generation of gadgets, but also AI integrated smartly.
Speaker 9: It's not just a marketing term.
Speaker 11: So we're seeing a lot of you know, smarter programmatic gadgets that are trying to predict what you want and personalize to you. For me, there's good AI and bad AI. And good AI is able to you know, predict what you want, but bad AI kind of you know, it's AI slop as as we've been calling it. So it depends on Hey, how useful is this information that they're collecting from you and trying to, you know, figure out what you want? All right, So I'm seeing it in TVs. I'm seeing it in graphics processes from Nvidia where they're trying to take a graphics card that's usually in a desktop and use AI to double the frames or you know, double the resolution without having to have a large graphic process. So stuff like that that's really good AI in my opinion.
Speaker 1: You do the website the shortcut dot com. This is a newsletter that you in website that you know is all for consumers and all the gadgets that you're you're trying to get has got some great advice there. You gave out awards at the show, so you've got a whole bunch of a list of gadgets that won year awards. I'm just going to go down the list of some things that I think are interesting and you can kind of give me a couple thoughts about them very you know, quickly obviously, so I want to get through as many as possible. The Pawport Smart pet door. Why did you give that an award?
Speaker 3: What is that?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 11: So then we saw that to you years ago. We really liked the idea, but it was more of like a kickstarter thing. And then two years later they come out with one, and they said it's so much more doorable, Like it opens up the doggy door, the traditional doggy door, but it does it with either an app or motion, right, So it's kind of like one of these smart door locks, but for your pet. And now it's bulletproof, so that's how durable it is. And I was like, you know what, I don't think by my dogs would be packing, but just you know.
Speaker 1: Your dogs would be like, let me in. Now the dog has like a little a little like dongle on the chain on the the collar right to only open it for them, isn't that part of it? Yes?
Speaker 11: And like you wolf can't get in, and they yes, they demonstrated to us, and it was, uh, you know, is it in working order?
Speaker 9: It went out sale Black Friday. Of this past year.
Speaker 11: So it is out there and that's why we're like, Okay, this is mature enough where it's actually in consumers homes. And it reminds me of something that should be, you know, on the Jets, and it reminds me of the future. And I don't know if you remember that scene from Home Alone where Marv gets into the doggy door for Kevin mcgows's home. This stops something like that, right, you don't want to open, you know, door, So this is something in the future, has like two swinging doors that come open.
Speaker 9: Very cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's pretty smart. And make sure no other critters get into your house either. Okay, this was a trend we saw over and over, these smart glasses, the even Realities G two. I tried these on. They kind of have a little screen in them. What do you think Even Realities is doing well with these?
Speaker 11: I think it's the fact that there's the smart glasses that don't have the screen, and then there's the Apple Vision pro on the other side, and there's certain companies ray Ben or there's a companies like a Rainio and Even Realities that are starting to put a screen inside. Ray Ben is doing it with the meta glasses, but the functionality doesn't work for me nearly as well.
Speaker 9: And this did all right. It's simple.
Speaker 11: It has heads up display, kind of like your Some cars have those heads up displays.
Speaker 9: I think that's the intriguing part.
Speaker 11: It's it's getting to the middle of I want a display, but I don't need the Apple Vision pro. I just want something that's telling the information, that's give given me notifications that I can use as you know, when I need to read a script for on air, Like I find that intriguing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, okay, now did you test the teleprompter functionality, because it's really cool. But the thing that they need to figure out is they need to make the screen sort of float in front of you more than move around every time your head moves. You know, that's the only issue. Because I'm not kidding, this is game changing. If we can get that teleprompter. I want a circuit of a speaking circuit just with these glasses, like I will bring it. Come have me talk to your people, and I will tell you I will make the whole thing on a script and I will you know, I mean, obviously I'll affect it, but it would be so helpful.
Speaker 11: Absolutely can you imagine, like you you know, head talks, instead of having those monitors and a lot of gear, it's just someone wearing a pair of glasses and the words are getting piped to them that they've previously written.
Speaker 9: So I find that intriguing.
Speaker 11: Yes, that it's those are the kinks where it's like, this is great conceptual, award winning technology, but there's gonna be a version three or version four down the line that fixes those issues. Uh, you want to pick something, Yeah, let's go with the lg EVO C six and W six. So the W six is more intriguing to me than anything because again it's, oh, it's a wallpaper TV.
Speaker 1: Have you seen this? Oh yeah, oh my gosh. Yes, it was like it's like it's a is it like nine millimeters thin? Is that the.
Speaker 11: Size exactly right? And you know that is something that stands out at me. It's when this this technology is not only vibrant, which it is and it has all the you know, the resolution capabilities that you need, but it fits into a home where you're not It's almost like an art piece in a lot of ways. Where it does look like wallpaper, you could mistake it for blending into the rest of your wall. I found that super interesting and uh and at the same time, I'll go ahead and say another one. Samsung has a one hundred and thirty inch micro RGBTV. It looks like it's on an easel. That's that's how they actually have it set up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, oh that okay, so that was how they that's how they present it. I thought that was just for the show. But that's how you could have it in your house.
Speaker 11: I believe you know, they're they're pitching it as you know. This is for someone who's building their mansion and they're they're choosing the TV and building the house around around it.
Speaker 1: So you'd have to put the TV in first and build the walls around it because it's so big.
Speaker 11: That's the only way you have to do it. I mean, that's that's when you have that much money. I don't know how much it costs yet, but uh, it will be an expensive accessory for a home.
Speaker 9: But but the something, the.
Speaker 1: Great thing is in ten years you'll be going to cost go for that rotisserie chicken. You'll just pick up one of these TVs.
Speaker 11: Absolutely, yes, the amount of you know, just how affordable things are after I'd say five years, like, oh lead, O Lead was like ten thousand dollars when at first launch, if not more right when I saw my first O Lead And now now it's you know, under a thousand for a lot of O led TVs.
Speaker 1: You've got a lot of other stuff. You got. You got the Samsung trifold on here, which I went hands on with. That's the screen phone. The Dell XPS. Dell got a lot of publicity because they brought back the the XPS name, right.
Speaker 11: Yeah, we were toying around with that when we're like the Shortcut team when we were giving out awards, were like, do we just love this because it's a great laptop, which it is, or because they kind of changed the name last year after years of Dell XPS being their their brand name and their you know, the most iconic laptop name, they got rid of it and it came back because they realized, oh, like a Dell Pro and stuff like that, like del Max's not really good naming conventions and confused a lot of people. So they almost made a whoop see last year and then made up for it this year by just saying, you know what, let's pretend that didn't happen.
Speaker 1: So very smart on love when I love when companies can do that and admit like, hey, you know what, we try this, it's not working. We're going back. And people celebrated it, and they got a lot of you know, a lot of publicity for that because people, you know, especially in the tech world, that missed that name, they really enjoyed that. I saw this the my que Secure View three and one smart lock. This was pretty cool. It's like basically every way you can imagine getting into your lock, they've got it built in.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 11: They have actually five ways you can tap into it, including the past code, including traditional key, but also face unlocked. So my Q has built a really good face unlocked feature that I haven't seen in a lot of other smart locks.
Speaker 9: There are other smart locks.
Speaker 11: There's actually a lot of smart locks at cees, but this one kind of intrigued me. It's a dead boat, it's a security camera, and of course it's a smart lock that unlocks when you approach it, and that that to me. I see a lot of these airbnbs, which is very cool, these these smart locks, because it beach trying to fetch a lock from a little lock box and It just makes things so much more seamless. When there's a keypad on there, there's face on lock, there's traditional locks, there's fingerprint sss, there's lots of ways to access your home. And also what I like is my parents have you know, they have a Yale lock and a nest those kind those are kind of outdated.
Speaker 9: This is the whole package. It's a three on one device.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's amazing. All right, we may have time for one more. Let's try. Let's do one more of your choice and we'll see if we have time for one more.
Speaker 11: Sure, let's go with the Legion Lenovo Legion pro Rollable. This to me was it's got our Best Concept award. What I really liked about this is it expands the screen on a gaming laptop. Right, Lenovo also has this on like a regular laptop that goes up and down. This takes a screen and makes it wider, so like a sixteen by nine by like a twenty one by nine, and it expands out. Usually with these out Yeah, so usually with these screens we see we see like expanding screens or like unfolding screens on a thin and light device that kind of sacrifices some performance. We see that all the time. This is a gaming laptop. So that's what really intrigued me about this. It's one of my favorite things of the show. Lenovo always brings good concepts to see. Yes, it's things that you may not see in reality on sore shelves for like five years. But you know, their legion lineup of gaming laptops is very good. This might be the future where you're like, I need more screen space, but also I need to stow this in my backpack.
Speaker 9: So the fact that you can do gaming is a huge thing.
Speaker 1: It looks like that XPEC I don't know how you say that z beec those screens that you attach those laptop screen extenders on the sides. It looks like that built into the laptop.
Speaker 9: That's a great analogy.
Speaker 11: And I'm not quite sold on having wings on my screen for you know, accessories kind of like you mentioned, I see those sold in Walmart and Amazon all the time. This having it built in is kind of luxury. It's it's motorized. We were having so much fun playing with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that that will actually I think that will happen because it's it's something that every single person that has a laptop needs. You always need that screen real estate, especially with you know, these chat apps and the things you want to keep in the sidebar. Matt, we're gonna leave it there. Thank you so much for doing this today. Really appreciate it. The Shortcut dot com check it out. Matt Swider does such a great job. You started this business from the ground up, and I think you're doing such an incredible job. You're really taking on some of these established media companies at their own game and doing a better job at it. So thank you for that.
Speaker 11: Thank you, Rich, Thank you, and please come on our show. We have the Shortcut live premiere at CES so we're doing a daily live show, so it would be honored for you to be the first guest to pipe in.
Speaker 1: Amazing. I will do it even more. Love it all right. I'll put a link on the website rich on Tech dot tv more of your calls at rich on Tech right after this. Welcome back to rich on Tech. Rich DeMuro here hanging out with you, talking technology. Let's just get right to the phones. By the way, coming from Las Vegas. That's why we have all the Vegas music. CS twenty twenty six just wrapped up in this city, and boy do people have a tech hangover. Oh my gosh, a lot of technology under one roof in one place. It was. It was a big week, but really really fun. Great to see all the people that make the trek here to Las Vegas and all the gadgets and just so much innovation on display. And that's just one part of it. There's also you know, speaker tracks and you know presentations, and I mean there's just so much. There's no way to see it all or experience at all. Mary is in Riversideline one, Mary and Riverside. You are on with Rich. What's up?
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 8: Rich?
Speaker 7: Hi am I can you hear me?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I hear you a loud and clear.
Speaker 7: Okay, thank you. Years and years and years ago, when I first got my first desktop computer, I signed up for AOL and it was free.
Speaker 1: A lot of people did, yeah.
Speaker 7: And I've kept it all these years. And oh, several years ago, not several, but a couple of years ago, I received a notice from AOL saying I needed to change it to AO AOL Gold and it was gonna be four ninety nine a month. Well, it made it sound like I needed to do that, so I did. Now that is six ninety nine a month. I don't see any difference between my free AOL and the sixth ninety nine AOL Gold And if there any way I can go.
Speaker 1: Back, you know, absolutely absolutely, so AOL Desktop goal number one, are you still using the desktop version, like you still have the download of AOL on there or using the website at this point, I'm not sure.
Speaker 7: I log on and then I click on the icon on my desktop and it's.
Speaker 1: Yep. So it sounds like it's actually like an AOL application that you have on your computer. Okay. So the AOL Desktop Gold is like an enhanced version of the standard AOL software. So it's got some you know, anti phishing like security. You can customize it more, you get more support. So they're giving you a couple of things extra for that price. But you do not need this. I can guarantee you that, Thank you. So the deal is you've got to downgrade to AOL, which is which you can do. And uh, let's see here, I'm trying to find the actual page here. Okay, So, uh, to download your AOL account or to downgrade your AOL account to a free plan, you have to go to this website my subscriptions dot aol dot com. Okay, have you been there yet? Okay? No, I keep forget, keep forgetting that. Okay, Sorry. I know it's a remote show, so sometimes the calls get a little different than our typical studio. Yeah, okay, So have you gone to my subscriptions dot aol dot com.
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 9: Okay, so go there donning?
Speaker 1: Okay, so go to that website. Can you open up a regular website? Like do you know how to go to like a regular website on the computer, Like just if you went to like Google dot com or something?
Speaker 8: Maybe?
Speaker 1: Okay, So, so go to a web browser, go to that website, my subscriptions dot aol dot com, and you sign.
Speaker 7: In with descriptions dot aol dot com.
Speaker 1: Correct, And you're gonna sign in with your AOL count. Do you know your user name and password for that?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: I don't share it here, but you know you have that. You sign in, and then you're gonna basically go to next to your subscription. You'll probably see something that says AOL Gold or AOL Premium or wherever they I guess they still call it desktop gold. Click manage next to that and then change plan and it's going to try to get you today. It's gonna say, Mary, your life will never be the same if you get rid of this, Mary, how are you gonna do without this? How are you going to do without this thing that you don't even know what it is and you don't even know why you're paying for it, but you still need it. Get rid of it. Just ignore all that stuff and just keep pressing until you get to the cancel my billing and then cancel my subscription. That's the bottom line. So it's okay, manage change plan.
Speaker 7: Answer.
Speaker 1: So it's managed change plan. Cancel my billing, cancel subscription, and that's it. This will be out of your life. You'll still have AOL. You may have to download a new version of that Desktop Gold, or it may just the desktop Gold naming may just disappear. But I think no matter what, you'll still you're all account will still be there. Everything will still be intact. Do you still use the AOL email? Is that what you use?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that will still be there. It's just all going to be free. Which, by the way, I mean, you know, they they probably got people to subscribe to this AOL Desktop Gold just because back in the day people were used to paying for AOL, then it became free because of high speed internet, and now they're trying to you know, they tried to get people to pay again. Nobody's really paying for this, So go ahead and do that. I will link this up on the website. If you send me an email, Mary, I will send this directly to you. It's a hello at richontech dot tv. But otherwise you can go to the website rich on tech dot tv. This is episode one fifty six. So if you just search one five to six in the search bar, it will bring this up and the link to this help page that tells you exactly how to ditch this AOL subscription will be on there and you will free your life. How much? Let's see what are they charging for desktop gold? Let's see desktop gold is what did you say? Six ninety nine a month? Get rid of it. Goodbye, see you later. That wraps up this hour. We'll be back with more rich on Tech right after this eight eight eight rich one on one give me a call if you have a question, plus more tech news and topics from CS twenty twenty six right here when we come back. Welcome back to rich On tech. Rich Demiro here hanging out with you, talking technology, Triple eight Rich one on one eight eight eight seven four to two four one zero one, coming to you live from Las Vegas. Yes, the site of CS twenty twenty six. A lot of people ask, what does CES stand for? Doesn't stand for anything anymore. Used to be Consumer Electronics Show. Now it is just CEES. That is the name of the show, and that's to reflect kind of the changing nature of all this technology. I mean, there's so many things on the show floor, more so than just the TVs and the radios and the DVD players and TVO made its debut here. I mean, so many gadgets over the years made their debut here. I've been covering this show for more than fifteen years, if you can believe it. I remember my very first show. I was with CNET and I stayed in the Palms Hotel. My stay was eleven days, eleven days in Las Vegas, and by the way, that was so far away from the convention center. Now I like to stay a little bit closer. It's not really walking distance per se, that would be the ultimate goal. There is. There are a handful of hotels that are walking distance to the convention center. I like to just be on the monorail, so that's a lot easier. Eighty eight rich one oh one richontech dot tv is the website. If you're not there, if you're not signed up for my newsletter, please sign up for the newsletter. It is the best way to keep up with everything that I do, all the smart tips, I share all the coverage that I have, and on my Instagram as well at rich on Tech. Follow me on Instagram. So it's really just a couple of places to find me. Instagram, the newsletter, the website, TV radio. Is there anything else? I think that's it. A couple other things I saw at CS and then I'll take a call here. Ultrasonic chef's knife company called Seattle Ultrasonics designed a chef's knife that vibrates thousands of times per second at an ultra high frequency to help you cut through food easier. So I tried this on a tomato. I tried it on a potato. Anything that rhymes, I tried it on, and yeah it does. It slices through very easily. It glides through with less effort fifty percent less effort. Yes, very expensive. Three hundred and fifty dollars kind of bulky. You got to recharge it. The charging device is one hundred and fifty dollars, so five hundred bucks if you want to use this thing in your house more than once. But I think in the future this will probably be something that we take for granted. We just all have kind of like a ultrasonic toothbrush, same principle there. That's from Seattle Ultrasonics. And I love this the glide smart hair clipper. Remember the flowbe. I never had a Flowbee as a kid, but I always saw those commercials on TV, and I always wanted one because I thought it was so efficient. Why go to the barber shop when you just put this thing on a vacuum suck it up on. I don't know, just I guess the clippers somehow change or rotate when they're you know, on the vacuum head, and then you just kind of move it around your head and you've got a haircut. Now. They kind of left out the fact that you still got to do like all the trimming, you know, around the ears and you know, the back of your neck, all that good stuff. But hey, why not you get a free haircut? But Glide is an AI version of this, so it looks like a hair clipper, but there's no plastic guard attachments. The blade automatically adjusts as you move it up and down your head, so you can get like a perfect fade.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: They did not test this on me, although I was completely open to them doing that because I need a haircut right now. But that's another one. Glide g l Yde smart hair clipper. Who knows that I'll take off? This one was just silly. The ice Plosion instant carbonated slushy machine. It's kind of like a soda stream, but it makes slushies and they are carbonated and they're frozen. So a soda stream, I didn't realize the soda doesn't come out cold. You can't like get instantly unless I'm mistaken, that's what I understood. But this it instantly makes a carbonated slushy that's frozen. And it's seven hundred dollars for the machine, which is a lot of money. The pods are about a dollary each, kind of like a cakeup. You pop it in there, you wait four minutes, it spits out this slushy. I've got a video of this on my Instagram at rich On Tech, they call it ice splosion. Yeah, when the slushy came out, it like is splattered everywhere, like all over my suits. I was like cracking up. But I did try it and it was delicious. I've tried the sugar free blue Raspberry and it was really good. Even though there's no straw to use it with. I had to like dump it into my mouth and yeah, got everywhere. So that's the ice explosion. Then you've got this other company called camel Oh c cha m E l O. They make these sunglasses or I guess just glasses in general, that adjust their tint with a tap of the side, so they have like different tint colors and sort of the amount of tint that this eyeglass can have. You just tap the side and it changes. So it's a photochromatic lens and it's you know, the idea is that the sun is not always the same brightness. Sometimes you want lighter, sometimes you want darker, and so you can just adjust them and they are rechargeable. Some of them have Bluetooth music built into them. Some of them actually automatically adjust their tint. But this company got a lot of publicity here Chimelo c h A M E l O. They start at two hundred dollars and finally this one. I absolutely loved Plant Pets. This looked like the booth looked like little Shop of Horrors because all the plants were moving in unison. So this looks like a regular plant pot, but it turns your houseplant into an interactive companion that moves, reacts, and can even quote unquote talk to you. So you put this probe in the soil, and somehow that probe makes it so that when you touch the leaves, the pop reacts and it can move, It can make little sounds. If it needs water, it's gonna make a gurgling sound instead of dying, like you know all plants do that I bring home. I thought this was just so funny. They're already selling the earlier version on Amazon. It's called Plant Pets. The new version has a couple more features. So I just thought this was such a great idea. I kind of want one of these from my house because when does your plant move it, it literally gives this plant almost a lifelike kind of a life on its own. The Plant Pets p l A N T Petz Robotic Planner is already on Amazon's one hundred and twenty nine dollars, but the guy told me it's gone on sale for as low as seventy nine dollars, so watch for those price drops. All right, let's go to Linda in San Pedro. You are online three, you're on with Rich Hey.
Speaker 8: Rites, you sound like a kid in the Candy Story going to that tech event.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, it's so fun. It's just it really is like I wish I had two weeks here, to be honest, because I don't get to see everything. But I just, you know, I just have to smile when I see some of this stuff, like who thinks of a plant pot that you know comes to life. I mean, it's just silly, but it's fun and I think people will like it. Anyway, go ahead with your question.
Speaker 8: And those fingernail things is bizarre.
Speaker 1: Anyways, Oh yeah, you saw the video.
Speaker 8: I haven't seen it, but I'm going to pull it up.
Speaker 1: That's the Oh you got to pull it up. It's so wild. It just looks so weird. But go ahead.
Speaker 8: I have a question regarding videos that are online. I like to look at animal videos and it comes you know, with a whole bunch of Anyway, when I pull up my front page of the Internet and some videos, they'll say and please subscribe. And so I have two questions about that. What I don't want to subscribe to anything because I don't know what's going to happen. I don't know if I'm going to be hit with advertisements or a bunch of other videos that I don't want. So what do they do with my in sol? That's one question. The next one is what is the videographer whatever you call them, What is the videographer? Get out of it?
Speaker 1: If oh, this is this is a great way to support them? Are you talking YouTube?
Speaker 8: Well, I don't see the logo YouTube logo. I see there's like an animal logo with a pawprint, uh in the corner, but I don't see any YouTube logo.
Speaker 1: Well, if they're hosting it on YouTube, then if you are what's called subscribing to the channel, Like just so, YouTube has these like paid subscriptions, and so if you if you are a channel subscriber that's paid, you can actually you're supporting the person that's making that channel. So I actually think that's a pretty good thing. They called a channel membership, and so these you know, YouTubers need to make money in a variety of ways because they only make so much on the ad revenue that YouTube tube shares with them. But when you become a subscriber or a member rather, they're getting seventy percent of that revenue. So let's say I run a channel doing tech videos and I post them all the time, and I go to all these different shows and you like to watch them, and you subscribe. Do you become a member of my channel, I'm going to get seventy percent of that five dollars a month or whatever you you know, whatever this subscription is. And so it's a great way to support your favorite creators because you know, they need to make money because they're they're doing this on a daily basis. Now, what what do they see about you? Not very much? So I'm looking in my I don't I don't sub I don't have a channel membership offered on my YouTube channel because I'm not really focused on YouTube. But the only thing that I can see with my audience if I go into my analytics is basically their watch behavior. So I can see like kind of when they're watching when they're online. I can also see their gender. So I can see that sixty eight percent of my subscribers on YouTube, which again I don't really focus on our mail thirty one female. I can see their age range. I don't see their names. I don't even see their user names as far as I can tell. There might be a way to see that, but they're not. I don't even think they're getting your email address. So it's something that is pretty private in a way. But you are directly supporting your favorite creators by by joining that subscription or that membership to them. Does that make a lot of sense.
Speaker 8: Oh, they don't give out my information to anybody else.
Speaker 1: Now this is just on YouTube. It depends what you're joining. I mean, there's lots of video subscriptions out there in general. Unless it is something like you know, Patreon, you would have to look at the privacy page for whatever you're joining. So, for instance, I have a substack, which when you join my substack, I can see your email address directly. Now that is a rarity in a creator world because what happens is a lot of the creator focused websites they want to control the relationship. So let's say you're on something like Threads and someone follows you, Threads is not going to give up the email addresses of all the people that are following you because for privacy reasons and other reasons. But they want to control that relationship. They want you to go through Threads or Facebook or whatever to post things to your following. So some of these more creator focused programs, like a Patreon or like a substack, they may be more generous and what they share with you because they want you to control that relationship with your fans and subscribers. So it really depends on the setup of the specific video site that you're talking about. But what I would do is just google the name of that site and say, you know, if I become a member or a subscriber, what information do you share with that creator? And in most cases it's going to be a pretty private relationship, unless it is a site like a substack, where they give you you know, they give your name, or they may give your name and your email address and that's about it. But substack was specifically created to put newsletter writers in charge of their membership so that they control that membership and really can have a great relationship with those people. So but it all depends on the website. Good question, Linda, Thanks for the call today. Eighty eight Rich one on one eight eight eight seven four to two four one zero one more rich on Tech coming your way right after this. Welcome back to rich on Tech. Rich Demiro here hanging out with you, talking technology. Let's go to Let's go to Will in Colorado Springs Line too. Will You're on with Rich hit there. Rich, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 12: Hey, I'm glad to hear your voice. It sir, I have a Hewlett Packard and I did something wrong and I now it doesn't want to function. It's a laptop.
Speaker 1: What'd you do?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 12: I was trying to delete a function and I ended up deleting it. Now it doesn't want to function. It says no Internet.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 12: I don't know what I did, but I'm in an assisted living and all the other laptops in the household work, but mine says no Internet. And I don't know how to retrieve this.
Speaker 1: So the computer works, It just says no Internet.
Speaker 12: No Internet. That's what it says.
Speaker 1: Okay, does everything else work on it?
Speaker 12: I don't know what I did, but it doesn't want to function anymore. I can't even get googled.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it just sounds like you got disconnected from the Internet. How are you connecting to the internet? Typically? Is it Wi Fi inside this facility?
Speaker 12: I believe yes, yes, okay, all right.
Speaker 1: It sounds to me like you might have deleted the Wi Fi connection to this facility. So if you go in the lower right hand corner of this computer, there should be a little signal. It looks like little Wi Fi signal. Do you know what that looks like? It's kind of like a almost like a like a van. Yes, exactly? Is that lit up when you when you tap that? Does it? Are you on this computer?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Okay? Does this say you're connected to anything underneath?
Speaker 4: That?
Speaker 1: Is it highlighted in blue?
Speaker 12: So what comes on is not connected? No way it works? And then it says Bluetooth on.
Speaker 1: Okay, perfect. So where it says not connected, I would tap that that arrow and it should bring up a list of all the Wi Fi networks that are available to you, and one of them should be the facility that you're in or whatever. Are you paying for this internet or do they just give you internet? Okay, so you have to tap the internet, you know, the Wi Fi network that they give you and you have to put in probably a password or it may remember this. But I think what happened is you might have deleted this network by accident or disconnected from it and deleted it. And that's why it's not automatically reconnecting, because it should automatically once you do this once, it should automatically reconnect. So unfortunately, okay, so find that network. Can you see the network in the list? Are you looking at it right now?
Speaker 12: Let me connect to this, uh says it says the address.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, it's I must say.
Speaker 12: I don't know what I did, but it's it's disconnected, yes.
Speaker 1: Sir, okay, so it says disconnected underneath. So you see the network name, but it says disconnected.
Speaker 12: This connecting is trying.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, it's trying to connect. That's a good sign, so you might okay, so what do you want to do?
Speaker 12: Is I did what I did? I did it?
Speaker 1: Well, it happens, you know, we you know, play around on these things sometimes and they just kind of you know, sometimes it just it just happens. Okay. So what sounds to me is that you need to forget this network and then reconnect it. Okay, And so that is something that connect right next to it above all this, Yes, and I would disconnect, ye, disconnect or forget. I would hit forget. And then is there someone that can tell you the password to this network?
Speaker 2: Again?
Speaker 4: Is there?
Speaker 1: Before you disconnect it? Is there someone that can tell you the right password?
Speaker 12: Sure?
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, like some someone that works there.
Speaker 12: I'll do that right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, So disconnect from that network, go grab the person that has the password, and then reconnect. And I think that's going to solve your problems. And I think that's what's going on, is just somehow the password got changed or deleted, and then once you're reconnected there will you should be able to use your computer, you know, as as you previously did. So that that's what I think is going on there. So good question today. So you know, some of these things that happen are are just you know, they're very simple. You know, you think you have a big problem with your can computer, but it could be just a simple fix. You know, we we we often go through these computer screens really fast. And I know I'm guilty of it, My kid is guilty of I always give them a hard time because when we're doing something on the iPad together or his computer, he's going through these screens at a million miles an hour and I'm like, hey, Tanner, dude, like slow down. You gotta you know. And I'm guilty of it too, because we we think we know what these screens are gonna say, and they don't all the time. So that's what I would do. If you ever get disconnected from your Internet, you know, you can just go in there, forget the network and rejoin the network. Of course, you will need to know the password to do that, but that's a pretty simple fix. Thanks for the call today, Let's see what else before we have to So coming up, we're gonna talk to Kate Rowse. She is with open Ai. This week, chatchy BT came out with a new offering called chatchybt Health and basically they want you to upload or connect some of your smart devices like your Apple Watch and some of your health records to their service and then you can chat with AI about your health. Yeah. I know it's very interesting and not everyone's gonna like that, but let's hear them out. Coming up, we're gonna talk to Kate raw from open Ai. All did to hear all about this new offering called chat ebt Health. You're listening to rich on Tech more show coming up right after this. Welcome back to rich on Tech. My name is rich Demiro, hanging out with you talking technology at Triple eight Rich one O one eight eight eight seven four two four one zero one. We will get back to the phone lines in just a moment. But first, open Ai made a big announcement this week. They have a new product. It's called chat GPT Health, and here to talk about it is the chief marketing officer at open Ai, Kate raw Kate, thanks so much.
Speaker 3: For joining me.
Speaker 13: Thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 1: So I've read the announcement and people are already using chat gbt for health, so this is a natural extension. So explain to me what the new offering is exactly versus just the standard chatbot.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 14: Absolutely, So this week we announced two new new features for chat eybt and open Ai. The first is for everyday people and that's chatchybt Health, which is a new private space inside of chat eibt where you can bring together your medical records and then any connected health apps that you may be using. So things like ploton or weight watchers, or you know, a fitness tracker for things like steps or sleep. Now you can connect that all into chat gybt directly in a private, standalone area.
Speaker 3: Of the app.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's a natural extension of the way people have already been using CHATCHYBT. You mentioned that it's private. Let's get into the privacy aspect right away, because I think most people when they hear health, you know, they're concerned about privacy. These are the medical records, these are their stats. So explain to me how this is private and does my data go anywhere? Is it training your models? Is it going to show up on someone else's chat somehow?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Great question.
Speaker 14: We've built this with privacy absolutely top of mind. The baseline chatchbt experience is already has a very strong level of privacy.
Speaker 13: But this new health feature you can really think of as a vault.
Speaker 14: So the information that you're putting in and potentially connecting, like your medical records, like your fitness trackers, they're staying within that vault and not going anywhere. It's not going to open AI, it's not being used to train models. It's really there for you.
Speaker 13: And you alone.
Speaker 1: So let's back up a little bit and just kind of what was the inspiration for this. I mean, you guys know that people are already asking chatchubt all kinds of health questions. What are people using chat eibt for when it comes to health already?
Speaker 14: Yeah, so we see that forty million people a day turn to chat ubt for health and wellness questions, which is really incredible. And here we're trying to build towards the demand and use cases that people are already showing us that they want to use the product for and are using it for. The three biggest cases that we see are one, people using chat to help them prepare for their clinician appointments, for their doctor's appointments, so we all know that time with our doctor can be limited and precious, and for folks navigating serious diagnoses, but also just for people who are trying to better understand their lab results and be their healthy at self, Chat can really really help you take advantage of the limited time.
Speaker 13: That you have with your doctor.
Speaker 14: The second place we see people really leaning on Chat is helping navigate insurance and benefits. And then finally a lot of people are turning to Chat for general wellness.
Speaker 1: So you spoke about using this to kind of prepare for the doctor and for diagnosis. You've spoken publicly about using AI during your own cancer diagnosis, So what did it help you understand better about that?
Speaker 14: Yeah, so last year, a month into my new job at open AI, I was diagnosed with a pretty serious breast cancer. And thankfully I'm totally cancer free and healthy now, but at the time that was an extremely overwhelming experience. I'm the mom of two very young children, three and six at the time of my diagnosis, and while I worked with an absolutely amazing team of doctors, they were specialists across a really wide range of medical specialties, from oncology to surgeons to radiologist, and frankly, I used CHAT to do things like really help me understand coming into appointments with my specialists, what were the different options being proposed, What did the clinical literature that they were kind of pointing me to really mean in terms that.
Speaker 13: I could understand.
Speaker 14: What were the most important questions for me to be asking them, As I mentioned a lot of people do.
Speaker 13: I also used it to help me get.
Speaker 14: My care covered and navigate my insurance, and then I use it for everyday things like identifying, you know, if a renny nose was a symptom of my cancer treatment or just you know, a cold.
Speaker 13: Is this something that I, you know, other people experienced or not.
Speaker 14: How to talk to my three year old about what was going on in an age appropriate way, identify children's books I could read him.
Speaker 13: Really the wide range of use cases that I relied on through my treatment.
Speaker 1: Kate, thanks for daring that story. I know that's a lot, and I really appreciate you doing that, and I'm glad you're doing better, So thank you for that. Thank you. Where does CHATCHIBT get its knowledge of health? And how how well can we trust that knowledge?
Speaker 12: You know?
Speaker 14: Yeah, chatg EPT is trained with a huge variety of sources, including peer reviewed medical literature.
Speaker 13: It's also designed by.
Speaker 14: In partnership with clinicians and doctors around the world, so we fine tune the responses that chat GPT gives based on feedback and advice from many medical professionals, and we hold ourselves accountable for accuracy on benchmarks. It's kind of pest, if you will, of the of the underlying technology that doctors and clinicians and scientists help design. So we have one called health bench, which is really in the industry's standard, and you've seen that even from a baseline of high accuracy, the models and technology powering chatch ebt has had an eightfold increase in accuracy.
Speaker 13: Over the past year or so.
Speaker 14: So we also really design the responses to make sure that we are directing people to medical professionals at the appropriate time in their line of questioning.
Speaker 1: So along those lines, I know we've heard a lot about mental health with these chatbots, this specific chatch ebt health is not really associated with that aspect of things. And also, how are you working to make sure that people with mental health issues, you know, get the help they need when they need it.
Speaker 14: Like you just said, absolutely right that this experience is designed for you know, kind of physical, physical health and wellness and not specific to mental health. Mental health is obviously an area that we take very seriously and encourage people and direct them to professional help when we can identify that.
Speaker 13: That a user is in distress.
Speaker 1: You move around, people have various doctors, you have you know, medical facilities that don't necessarily talk to each other. I've always imagined in the future, we're going to have this giant like you said, almost vault of everything from birth till now of our data and to have AI get insights from that data and see trends over time, I think is going to be game changing for the entire industry. This is just a small beginning of that, but in the future, I do think that that will be something that will benefit so many millions of people, not just in America but around the world. So where can people go to get on the list to try this out?
Speaker 13: Yeah, thank you so much.
Speaker 14: I'm also extremely optimistic and I have obviously personally benefited and hope others can find this as useful as I have.
Speaker 13: For health questions.
Speaker 14: Today, anyone can go to chat ept and ask if bury million people already are doing every day for the new feature where you can more easily connect your trackers and medical records.
Speaker 13: There's a waitlist.
Speaker 14: It will be rolling out to everyone for free over the coming over the coming weeks, but if you want to kind of get first on the list, it's go to chatch ebt dot com, backslash Health backslash waitlist and you can sign up to raise your hand to be one of the first.
Speaker 13: To get the feature.
Speaker 1: All right. Kate row, Chief marketing Officer, at open AI. Thanks so much for joining us and telling your story and explaining this new feature.
Speaker 13: Thank you so much. I appreciate the time.
Speaker 1: All right, get those phone calls in triple eight Rich one O one eighty eight seven four to two four one zero one more rich On Tech coming your way right after this. Welcome back to rich On Tech. Rich Demiro here hanging out with you, talking technology from Las Vegas CS twenty twenty six. Wrapped up. I didn't even get to tell you about this new gadget I'm wearing. I picked it up during the show. It's called b Oh my gosh. This is unlike anything I've ever worn in my life. B Dot Computer. This is a startup that was purchased by Amazon and think fitbit style bracelet that is listening twenty four to seven and tapping into your conversations, summarizing them, feeding it into AI, and putting it all on your phone. So when you go to the app, not only does it remember all little things in your life, but it's given you insights, reminders to do lists. It is truly unlike anything I have ever tried. Imagine a twenty four to seven bracelet that is listening to everything that is going on around you. Yes, there are lots of privacy concerns. There are lots of thoughts I have on this. I don't know. This is wild. This is the wild future we are a part of. Anyway, I will have an interview with the founder of b Computer coming up in next week's show. But oh my gosh, this is the reality. Everything's so cheap now that you can have a device like this, The battery last fourteen days, a little bracelet and it's already you know, it's it's listened to this whole radio show. I mean, it's just wild. Anyway. I will continue We'll talk about that more next week because I ran out of time this week. But let me get to the feedbag. Let's open it up. Jeff from Frisco, Texas, listening on the podcast, says, Hey, Rich, you joked about being passed out in a ditch in Tokyo and how anyone would know who you are. Here's what I do. I create a Google doc with my basic info and share it with anyone with the link. Then I make a QR code that points to that document and I print it out for my wallet. You can also save the QR code as your phone's lock screen image, and if anything changes, you just update the document and the QR code still works. It's great for anyone who scans it. They can see your info instantly. That's a that's yeah, it's that's one solution for sure, Jeff. I may look into that. There's a little bracelet that you can get also like an emergency risk bracelet, but this is a more high tech version. Ross in Canada says, I heard you talking about using AI on the show, and I wanted to share how I've been using it. I love making short video clips with Sora, then stitching them together on TikTok. I've also used Gemini to create storybooks for my grandkids. Lately, I've been experimenting with music. I use Gemini to write song lyrics, then an app called Suno turns those words into songs. I even made one about you Rich on Tech. I've been using chatch ebt to build playlists in Apple Music. I'm sharing the song with you, Bobo. Can we listen to a little bit of this song that Ross created using AI? About me?
Speaker 3: Listen calls on.
Speaker 9: A Saturday Show, Questions coming, fast watch.
Speaker 1: And knowledge, fo, no job and no Love, Just the facts you need to keeping the solved too.
Speaker 13: Mons.
Speaker 1: That is not bad, Boss, not bad at all. Oh my gosh, I mean, who knew it would become a country song? That's pretty wild. Thanks for sharing. Thanks for sharing that again. The app is to know if you want to try making something like that. Wes and Memphis says they couldn't have picked a better person to take over. You've done a great job these past three years, and you add some fun humor to the weekly show and podcast. Thank you, Wes, appreciate you listening there in Memphis, Tennessee. For Jeff writes in Hey, Rich, quick question, How can I tell if my desktop computer is running Windows eleven? Easy? Easy, easy. If the search bar is in the middle of your screen at the bottom, it's Windows eleven. If it's on the left, it's Windows ten. That's the easiest way. You can also go into settings and then System and then about and it'll say Windows ten or eleven right there. Gennaro says Rich, that good Sun story really hit home. It highlights a bigger issue for seniors like me. We're getting locked out of everyday life because we're not tech savvy enough. Grocery stores give you better price if you're digital. I just found out to use Uber. Oh you know, I think I read this one before. So anyway, well, Gennaro, thank you for sending that. Even though looks like I read it. Maybe I read it live on the show last week, so I'm recalling that. Wendy and Irvine says, Rich, have you ever help? If you ever feel like helping someone else untangle their tech stuff, please let us know. We're much closer than New Jersey since we live right in California. Love your newsletter, radio show and TV segments. Take care, you know. I don't do tech support visits at home, but you know, maybe if this radio thing doesn't work out, maybe I'll do that. But in all seriousness, yes, that was referring to my newsletter last week with my dad and talking about all the stuff that he went through and I upgraded at his house. So yes, I do love to help people with their technology in real life too. Bob and Charlotte along the same Along the same lines, Rich, bless you you're a good son and happy y two K plus twenty six from a fix it senior citizen and dad. When tech is complicated but intuitive, that's okay. Otherwise not so much. Wishing you many Ota broadcast hours seventy three. What's seventy three mean? Is that his age? Okay? Thank you, Bob. Joanne says, Hey Rich, I've started using Costco to reserve my car rentals. It might be a false sense of security, but if something goes wrong, I feel like I have more leverage with Costco behind me. On top of that, the rates usually seem better through that behemoth. Thanks for all the helpful tech updates. Happy New Year, Joanne. I was inspired by you to actually use Costco from an ex car rental because you know, I ditched the company that rhymes with shirts because they did me wrong. So now I'm using whatever company is cheapest at Costco, and that's what I used to book my next rental. So I will follow up in a future show to tell you how that went. Claudia and Irvine says, Hey, Rich, I love Today's newsletter. Before moving to California in the sixties, I grew up in Massapequa on Long Island. Fun side note, I lived next door to Neil Diamond and even baby sat his infant daughter Marjorie. That was right when he was starting out and releasing songs like Solitary Man and Cherry Cherry. I tried your CHATCHYBT photo restoration prompt on a couple pictures from that time and they turned out great. I still love the black and white versions, but it was really fun to see them restored in color. Thanks again. Oh that's such a cool story. Wow. I love that you live next door to Neil Diamond. Wow. That's quite the story to tell your friends. Huh. All right, we got a scam warning up next from John. I consider myself pretty tech savvy, but I still got scammed. I was looking for a puppy for the holidays, and I thought I bought one from a website that looked legit. After emails and phone calls, I sent six hundred and sixty dollars through Venmo and then guess what happened and the person disappeared. Venmo basically told me there's nothing they can do, even though their account was active. I reported it to the FTC and wanted to warn you and your audience. Thank you, John, I'm sorry this happened to you, but the puppy scam is going around a lot, and I actually did a story on this on TV. Might have been last year, even the year before. But yeah, the big issue with those cash apps like Venmo is that once you send the money, it is really tough to get back. You might in some cases, but it's like cash. And they warn you that A great resource for checking out scams and reporting them and researching them is the Better Business Bureau Scam Tracker BBB Scam Tracker. Look it up. Stephanie says, hey, Rich, Happy New Year. I used an app. I used an app to convert all my live photos into standard photos. Now it looks like I lost about seven hundred captions. Is that really possible? Big fan of the show, That could be possible if you convert those photos. I'm not sure those captions would stay with those pictures. But my advice here, always test if you're gonna do something big, Always test the change on a handful of something before applying it to your entire library, because you could make a change that you will never recover from and also have backups. Because that is a bummer. I am so sorry that happened to you. All right, that is gonna do it for this week's show. I cannot believe it went this fast. I just love how this show. I'm sad that it flies by this fast, but it's also a testament to how much fun I have doing this. Thanks for listening to this episode. You can find links to everything I mentioned on the website. Just go to richontech dot tv. If you're not following me on Instagram at rich on tech is where you can find me. Thanks so much for listening. There are so many ways to spend your time. I do appreciate you spending it right here with me. Please don't drive distracted. Please, I'm telling you don't do it. Thanks everyone who makes this show possible. Bobo on the phones or Kim on the phones, Bobo on the board. My name is Richdmiro. I will talk to you real soon.