Speaker 1: Hey there, folks, it feels like it's been a while. We have a lot we want to say and a lot we want to share with you right now in this episode of Amy and TJ, including the fact that Roboc and I have been living together full time as of two weeks ago. It was not by choice. Also, we don't usually respond to headlines related to us, but today we need to clear up some bs that's been attributed to us. Also, as many as you know, we've been training five months for a marathon that's in two weeks now. Only one of the two of us might end up running that marathon. Also, I am getting my it's just an honor to be nominated speech ready in anticipation of a humiliating defeat I'm going to suffer at the hands of Taylor Swift's boyfriend. Plus in this episode, in the past few weeks, we've launched two more episode, two more podcasts. We've been really busy. Also, we want to invite you to come to see us live on stage in Chicago. And finally, I quite literally tossed Robes into the arms of another man. But I had a very good and a very scary reason for doing so, And with that everybody welcome. What are you giggling about?
Speaker 2: Ro because I love so I don't know what your intro is before you do it. And the last one threw me for a second and I thought he did what? And then I laughed because I remember.
Speaker 1: Yes, speaking of throwing you, I did literally throw you. We will get into that, but that was It was scary for a moment there. We laugh about it now, but it was a life lesson in a lot of ways.
Speaker 2: It was, and it actually had us re evaluating our own lives afterwards. That's absolutely the truth. Where you'd think you go through enough of life and enough things happened that you've you've gotten some good perspective, but man it sometimes it just takes a millisecond and new perspective is immediately gleaned.
Speaker 1: We got it that. We went from Skinny Wagarita's doche and about us split second. So I'll tell you all about that, but I want to add we have our super producers in the room, Andy and Emma Animal by Def Leppard. Do you all know the song They're Youngsters Me and Bobby McGhee by Janis Joplin. You'll know that one. Yes, that's a yes. To Andy. Emma is a no California love by Tupac Shakur. Do you all know that song? Yes, Emma California done? Okay, I bring those up for what reason? Robot? We've had a very difficult cultural back and forth in the last few.
Speaker 3: Weeks, last few weeks, how about the last ten years?
Speaker 1: Okay? Yeah, maybe I can't.
Speaker 2: Believe you don't know songs. You can't believe I don't know songs. Yes, So I guess we'll start with Animal right because we went to go see Finally Speak No Evil, so good the twenty twenty four rendition and I and we both loved the movie.
Speaker 1: But can we give James McAvoy some James boy.
Speaker 2: I think deserves an Oscar nomination for his portrayal. It was creepy and perfect and evil and likable all in one.
Speaker 3: He was a charismatic, scary person, right, but.
Speaker 1: He creeps you out the whole time. You were uncomfortable, even though there wasn't horror and gore. You were uncomfortable for so much of that movie, and he carries it in a way. Look, the reviews weren't great, so we even questioned whether or not you've been wanting to go for weeks. We finally go. He nailed it. But a song comes on in the beginning and you lose your mind, and I'm looking around, like, why these white people getting excited in the theater.
Speaker 2: Death Leopard was the first concert I went to. I'm a huge deaf Leopard fan. And they start out the movie playing animal and you looked at me and you said, you know this song?
Speaker 3: And I looked at you and said, you don't know this song.
Speaker 2: I actually think if y'all heard it, you would say, Okay, I know that song, and we can't play it for you know, royalties and all the reasons why we can never play. But I'm telling you check it out. Really don't necessarily know the name of it. If you've listened to it, I bet you most.
Speaker 1: People will know that song all right. And me and Bobby McGhee, oh classic. No, we're talking about this now because we just got word. We're recording this after hearing just Chris Christofferson passed away at the age of eighty eight, and he actually wrote that song. I was listening to it this morning. I went through the whole thing. I was waiting on a chorus, a line and did nothing sound to familiar.
Speaker 2: Da da da da Da Da da d It's so funny because I said, well, wait, have you heard it? Because I in my mind you just don't know this title. You're like, no, I listened to the whole thing first time I ever heard it in my life, which close my mind.
Speaker 1: Apa.
Speaker 2: My daughter actually sang that one time at one of her concerts, so you know, maybe she'll sing it again.
Speaker 1: I missed that concert, but there.
Speaker 2: Was another one coming up this Thursday.
Speaker 1: So but it held this. We have a long lived and to the point we wanted to do an episode strictly on music. And you are blown away when I tell you I have never heard a song before, to the point that I said to you, okay, you didn't know California Love by Tupac. Nope, as shocked as you were about these other That's how shocked I was about you not knowing that song Tupac. And there's tons more. We can't think of them now we have a list of them. But that was mind blowing. But that was Hilarious's always funny, but.
Speaker 2: It continues, like I guarantee you next week we'll have more songs. And we can't believe the other one's never heard before.
Speaker 1: But we have been Look, we have been extremely It has been a crazy busy summer. I don't know if we've had a chance or a podcast to just to do kind of a debrief, but we have had an incredible fun summer. Kids been busy, We have been busy, we have been traveling, and in the past few weeks here we haven't even got a chance. On this regular episode of Amy and TJ got to talk about the fact that we just launched two more podcasts in the past couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: That's amazing. I think the last time we did a debrief was when we were wrapping up Rome and we did it in a rivaderci and.
Speaker 1: That was fun.
Speaker 2: But I think that's the last time we've actually sat down and kind of gone over what's been happening in our lives. And yes, so much has been happening that we haven't had a chance to do. So Yeah to podcast. First, we launched our daily podcast called Morning Run, and we're now on our third week of doing it and we're getting into the groove. We're still for those of you who've been listening, thank you, and we're tweaking it. We're listening back and thinking what we can do differently or better. And so I would actually encourage anybody to jump on our Instagram and let us know if you have any suggestions.
Speaker 1: We mean that really you really would like to hear what.
Speaker 2: You want to know. We're trying to give you all a sense of what's happening and what has happened, and a little bit of our spin on it, but really just get you up to date. So when you're walking into your place of work or you're on your run, whatever, you feel like you've got a good sense of what's going.
Speaker 3: On in the world.
Speaker 1: Quick, easy and entertaining is what we're going for. But that has been it has caused us. I again, we're going to get the schedule a little better, but we are. We've been getting up at three in the morning, some of us later than others to get it all raided to rock. And we have been recording that thing essentially from the dining table or from the bed, or from the couch or from whatever at the house very early in the morning. Five am is when we record it, right.
Speaker 2: And we're used to look, this is not this is something is in our wheelhouse. We actually love and have missed being a part of the headlines and having a real a good sense of what's happening in the world. But we were used to having a staff, a quite large one, and so now it's just the two of us, and so we have had to This is a lot of work, and we're excited about it, but it's we're wearing a lot of hats.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but at the same time, we are getting the freedom to be how sometimes we were asked not to be or to back it off a little bit. This is not we're not giving opinions, but we are still able to give perspective on in context to things that we weren't able to do so necessarily in previous jobs we've had. And we're able to do it fairly quickly. This is not like we need so many and it's or an hour to explain the story. It's boom boom boom. And it again, to be in the daily news business, quite frankly, is exciting to us. And so yeah, we appreciate folks have been checking it out so far.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know, I was gonna say it very much is and I think one of the cool things that we're kind of getting our head around now is look, media bias exists. Everyone comes into any sort of story with an opinion or an experience. But I have always said we all have tried to be as objective as possible. The problem is when you choose what to cover. I think that's where a lot of bias takes place, where you know what you don't cover what you do cover. So it's been pretty cool for us to be able to make our own rundowns, decide what we're going to talk about and what we're not going to talk about.
Speaker 1: And the other podcast, the second one, which has been fun, I do part two. Now, this is one where I mean it kind of it's right there in the title right what it's about. But it's for folks who haven't didn't get it right the first time with the didn't marry a high school or a college sweetheart thing, worked out the pick of fence and the dog and the two kids, and it doesn't look like maybe on your second marriage, maybe on your third marriage, maybe you had some difficulties, and most people have. But this is a place in Broges. Please help me with the explanation. Here we are going to with the help of a couple of other hosts help people find love.
Speaker 2: We are we're doing that, and everyone who is a part of this podcast has been down that road or is currently walking down that road. So it's called I Do Part two, but for some of us it's Part three, Part four. You get the point. But we're all in it together. And in addition to having our hosts, we also have some celebrity mentors. I believe is what we've landed on. It was either a.
Speaker 3: Celebrity coach but who's also looking for love.
Speaker 2: And so we have asked listeners to call in, to write in, to email in and see if you'd like us to help guide you on your journey to find the one.
Speaker 1: No, well, not us in particular necessarily. We do have some professionals, if you will, I say professional in that they have experience in this, and we are the hosts. Jenna Kramer and Jenny Garth. Jenny Garth both have their own life experiences and they didn't everything wasn't pretty and with a bou the first time around, so we are all in that position. Jenna Kramer is the other the love this girl. She's We've gotten to know her a little bit and this is this is a compliment when I say that she's nuts and right, she's just my kind of crazy. She's just I love this girl.
Speaker 2: In the best way. Posy who wants a boring person to host a show with be friends with? I mean, no, we're all in this. We're all we're all nuts, Let's be honest, We're all certifiable.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's why it's working. And but one of our first that we had on our first.
Speaker 3: Celebrity Coaches Celebrity Mentor Mentor.
Speaker 1: We had to be introduced to Kelly beIN Simon from the.
Speaker 2: Real Housewives of New York of New.
Speaker 1: York My only my first introduction to her was watching the show and watching what was the wet episode, the scary Island episode Island. That was the first exposure I ever had to Kelly ben Simone. So if you have seen that, you would know she's out of her mind. Well, she's just in that episode.
Speaker 2: I would just say she says she didn't have a filter. That might be the best way to put it, which is, I actually appreciate people who don't have filters because you know exactly where you stand, and you know exactly where you stand with Kelly, and I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: I need filters. I need filters, But what I say, I set it up that way to say this. She came in here in the studio, she was the most pleasant, the light. We had such a good time with her, and we will see her again socially, and so she's just I just to see the show and to have that exposure to her that way the first time. You wouldn't. Of course you're going to come to some kind of conclusion about her or have some opinion. And then she walks in here, and we've been around enough people. We weren't being fool she wasn't putting on for us. She was being herself, and it was in such contrast necessarily to what we saw, and so I appreciated and enjoyed the time we got with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she came in and said, Yeah, I get paid to speak my mind. I get paid to sometimes be the mean girl. I've made a lot of money doing what they want from me, and so I am always myself, but I know exactly why I'm there and what I'm delivering. So I appreciated the real speak.
Speaker 1: So she's going to be a part of But that has been fun as well. That's something that's necessarily we would normally be doing or think to do something like that, But it is it's in our wheelhouse to a certain degree, being open about where are your relationships and the mistakes you've made, and how it's been and it hasn't been easy, and where you are now and finding love and getting it right later in life, all those things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so I think, and hopefully the goal is that other folks out there who have been in that exact same position. You don't have to have had your relationship woes splashed in headlines to still feel the pain and feel the frustration of not getting it right. So yes, we hope that you all, or at least some of you listeners out there, will join in on the fun and up your hearts to possibly you know, I'm hoping we can have some pretty awesome matchmaking going on. Maybe there could be a wedding or two.
Speaker 1: You want that responsibility, you want that you want, you want to love it, but I take it on. But do you want it? But it has to work out. If things don't worry out, you will feel bad that you put these people you try. Well, there it is. You said this early on the train. Actually here you said that I was like, wow, that's a very good point about where we were a year, a year and a half ago, thinking the world at end. It will never everybody hates us, we'll never be able to work again. We're hiding out in our apartments and to the point, we are so busy right now that we can't. I mean, we're barely above water without busy. And look we did we started up a production company together, which has been a part of putting the original podcast together and the other podcasts together. But now we're starting to take meetings and develop project and be active with that now. And it's to your point, Babe, you said it. It's just to everybody out there, you think it's the end of the world, and it's just not. You got to get through whatever storm you're going through.
Speaker 2: You know, you live enough life you will get stuck at some point, and it doesn't have to be as dramatic necessarily as what happened with us. And please God, yes I never wish that upon anybody. But it's always this moment where you get this perspective and a year, a year and a half, two years of pass and you think, where was I even a year ago? And look where I am now, and it's always just a good reminder to know that you're not going to stay stuck. It's going to get better. Things are going to change. Change is inevitable, and that's a good thing when you're stuck. So yes, I was just thinking about a year ago. We were not going out socially, we were not feeling comfortable being out and about. We were just getting back on social media and a little scared, not a little scared, a lot scared to get back out in the public. And so I just say, a year later, Wow, I'm so happy to be this busy. I'm grateful to be busy, and we have a heck of a fall lined up and I'm genuinely excited about it, like so excited.
Speaker 1: We will be you folks in Athens. We will be on the University of Georgia campus this weekend for a game at Robox, alma mater of folks in Fayeville. We will both see you there soon as well. We plan to be recording to podcasts, a podcasts from each of our respective campuses. That's fun. In between, there is a marathon we are going to be heading to Chicago to run, and then also in October maybe the most meaningful trip we are all going is that the end of October.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, see end of October.
Speaker 1: All right. We are all piling up in hen to Spain.
Speaker 2: Yes, TJ, my oldest daughter, Ava, and me all heading to Sabilla Seville. And honestly, I'm so excited because I didn't want to push TJ in this direction because it violates, it breaks some of his travel rules that he has put in place. So there is no direct flight, there's a long ass layover, and it's going to be a full day of travel. We aren't changing rooms when we get there. But it's a quick trip, but it's going to be a fun one. And I just want to say thank you for bending bending your rules.
Speaker 1: All this is all analyse. I assure you, if we were going to see Ava, this wouldn't be happening. I'm kidding, Ava, I'm kidding, Ava, I'm kidding. Okay, just a joke.
Speaker 2: She's happy to be along for the ride. She's fine, She's not going to complain at all.
Speaker 1: Speaking of Ava, Ava is the reason that Robike and I are living together. We have been a lot of people have been asking for a while about our living situation.
Speaker 2: We have.
Speaker 1: Our respective apartments are easily vocable, so we go back and forth all the time. But we're together every single day, every single night, essentially living together. Yes, okay, but now it's beneficial for the last.
Speaker 2: Few weeks it has indeed, because Ava has an apartment in the village and it's a little grungy, but it should be. It's her first apartment, and it's a sixth floor walk up, and it's an old building. And yeah, it has a massive roach infestation, like a massive roach infestation that we have been trying to battle. I've been trying to help her out. We've gotten exterminators multiple times. I don't know how many raid camps. Raid cans have been purchased. We've got roach motels all over the place. It's a small, small apartment if you can just envision this, but still she comes in every day. There are dozens and dozens of roaches in the roach motel every day, and live ones in her bed, et cetera. Anyway, she has a hoarter living next door. Guys, if you don't know about the squatters, he hasn't played paid rent in six years and they can't get him out of the apartment. New York City is insane with their squatter laws, and they have more rights than people who actually are on the lease.
Speaker 3: He's not on the lease.
Speaker 2: I guess he got the apartment from his aunt who died, and now they can't get him out and he is a hoarder.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's a true story about New York laws. Here it's if you don't know, go to Netflix and what was it? Worst Roommate Ever is a series and there's one in there about a squad and explains the laws in New York. You cannot get a squatter out. It's almost impossible. So what they're dealing with now is the building is not a terrible building. They just have a terrible neighbor who is hoarding things. And to the point, it is so disgusting that you can see, and I'm not exaggerating, almost armies of roaches making their way from his apartment over to hers. It's that bad.
Speaker 2: They can see the roaches coming underneath, and they've tried to stop the door, but they can see them coming out of Those things can flatten themselves out.
Speaker 3: They're prehistoric.
Speaker 2: But the worst was when they decided to finally say mom, She and her roommate rye, can we come live with you? We can't live here anymore. They saw a steady line of roaches coming out of his bathroom window, which was cracked open an inch and coming straight in through their air conditioning units that are in the window. So you can't fully seal your window when you have an air conditioning unit coming out of it. And that's when they just said, we're done. So they are getting a new apartment within the building away from this man, this horder. But in the meantime, I've got people all in my apartment living with me, and so I've just said, hey, y'all knock yourselves out. I'll be at TJ's.
Speaker 1: And so we have. We have been living together full time. And the thing is, we were are schedule. We could go back and forth, but you got people there and we're up at five eight. Were recording three? Yes, we're up at three, but recording at five am it just doesn't work. So we have We've getten a dose of living together. So there you go. Put that in the headline. Have been living together full time? We have as of two weeks ago.
Speaker 2: That's true. Supposedly they're moving out this weekend.
Speaker 1: So we might be living together longer.
Speaker 2: We'll just have to wait and see what happens.
Speaker 1: You know, this is what you do for you kids that you know, you're excited to be able to help them out, and this is what it's for. And it's unfortunate to hear what's happening some The broach thing is just awful. And now I heard you all talking this morning. She wants to bring some stuff over.
Speaker 2: Or what was it, Yeah, she wants to bring her bedding over to wash it my apartment in anticipation of this move. And I said, girl, do not be bringing any roaches over to my place because I have not seen one bug in my place and I would like to keep it that way. One I'm nervous about.
Speaker 1: That, Okay, you know the Oh god, well, look I have Look, I've enjoyed the time and we've had together, and it's it's been a little different, but I've liked it. I've liked the different type of routine where we know where we're going to end up every night, but decide instead of having a plan like.
Speaker 2: Your place or mine, well, I don't know, yeah, all that back and forth. It's just a foregone conclusion because when we're getting up at two three o'clock in the morning to record our podcast or to prepare for the podcast. That's when they oftentimes are rolling in. So it just was not going to work out from a spatial and noise level. So it all worked out. And yeah, we're getting a little trial run, are we not a trial?
Speaker 1: You know it's been going well. I'm trying to think I'm trying to complain about something because no, no, you you've been at mind plum. I'm trying to think what is you know, it's something that the upside. You are better at cleaning, making sure the kitchens clean than I am. Right, I keep my place clean, but you're on and on top of the kitchen. Ah, it's too damn cold at night in the bed.
Speaker 2: Oh okay to always been our issue, that's an issue. I like things color, You like things warm.
Speaker 1: It's hot, and uh it's it's it's hot for you and it's freezing for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, y'all should see us. It's this awful scene to where you literally you can look at the bed and you see on one side all you see is a light skin head and dark hair sticking out with all the covers covering them. On the other side. You see a butt naked white woman on top.
Speaker 2: Of the covers, on top of the wedding.
Speaker 1: That's how as always sleep.
Speaker 2: It's true. And then yeah, when I'm not high, you cannot touch me because I'll get even hotter.
Speaker 1: It's all we struggled cuddling at night because you're like, you.
Speaker 3: Can't last for about oh and a minute.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's so sweet. It's so sweet cuddling it just like then.
Speaker 3: And then in my mind, I'm like, oh no, it's happening. It's happening. The sweat's coming.
Speaker 2: I can't stop it. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: But then you panic, you freak yourself out and make yourself sweat more. It's not that bad, you just completely I can tell you it's happening.
Speaker 2: Point it out, though you'll start wiping like ew ew, and then yeah.
Speaker 3: You get me on. I get all more, getting nervous. Yeah, I can't make it stop.
Speaker 1: So that's I would say that's been the issue. Other than that, Yeah, we've been good. No, there's nothing else.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: We working well together. Our other thing. This is gonna be a tough one here. Baby. We are as we sit here, only a couple of weeks out from the Chicago Marathon and one of the two of us might not be running it, and that one was almost in tears this morning after going on what was supposed to be a eight mile run. Yeah, we landed on eight We're gonna do an eight mile run and I only made it one point six.
Speaker 2: Miles, I know. And what we did run yesterday, we ran six miles yesterday and you felt pretty good. But the reality is you're dealing with some pain in your achilles. And I have to say, you have been so on top of it. Every day. You're icing, you're heating, you're heating, you're icing. You've gone to a foot specialist who's done some laser heat therapy. You've done everything you can. You're on a steady dose of a leave and advil, and it hasn't gotten better.
Speaker 1: O can't get to get right. It's been two months now. I cannot get this thing to get right.
Speaker 2: And you skipped like you know everyone and anyone who's done a marathon knows it's a pretty specific regimen for five months. And you know now that this will be my sixth I'm a little I know how to say, I don't have to do that, but I can do this, and so the long runs are the one thing that needs to be constant. So you end up doing a bunch of longer runs than even a half marathon, and it culminates with a twenty miler you you weren't ready to do it. I ended up. This is the first time I've ever run a twenty miler by myself. But I ended up on Wednesday earlier last week, running it on my own, and you thinking, Okay, well, I'll try to rest up enough to be able to do it, and.
Speaker 1: I just can't. I don't know what I'm gonna do. So I don't know if anybody out there, if you sounded my voice, if you have any remedy, because I have been down to as foot, specially as a foot doctor. I've done the heat laser thing on my on my achilles but he has a fancy name for it, but essentially achilles tendonitis. So dealing with that pain back there have a not the inflammation the back of my heel, and I just can't get it to go down, and I can't get it to just heal up and loosen up right. It just can't get it. So it might just be pain management he said, he can just get me through the marathon. But today was bad enough that I had to stop after on one pointy six miles.
Speaker 2: So you don't want to rupture your achilles, obviously, And that's the fear. If I mean you did do You made it through an eighteen miler, oh yeah, and you made it through the fourteen miler. Those are the last two big runs before the twenty miler, and you made it, but you were in pain. And so the question is can you push through the pain and do the marathon or do you risk doing permanent damage to your achilles. And when you're a runner, to think at your age at forty seven that you would have to stop running as a pretty scary thought.
Speaker 1: And I don't know. This is the first time my body has failed me in my life to where there's something you want to do and your body says no, you actually cannot do that thing. That's new for me. So this is a bad one. I don't know, And this will be a game time decision. We will take it right up to the last moment to make the call to see if I'll be able to run it. But I'm supposed to do that, and then new York the week three weeks after. I have just we'll figure out. It'll be fine.
Speaker 2: You may end up doing one, you may have doing both, you may end up doing none. But you put in the work and your head's in the right place. I applaud you for where you are mentally with all of this, because it is frustrating when you put in that much work for something and you love doing something so much, and it's a big communal fun activity. We've got a bunch of people coming to Chicago, all running with us.
Speaker 1: I might be rooting you on at the Chicago Marathon. That's just tough.
Speaker 3: I know, I know it's tough.
Speaker 2: And perhaps maybe you save yourself for New York even and I root you on in New York and we do that. But I'm hoping for the best, and I'm hoping you make it well.
Speaker 1: To add now insult to my injury, this was funny. Not too long ago, we saw everybody knows. I think it's next in November announced the Sexiest Man Alive. But they start the voting. It's been going well. I think it's ended now, but for a little while. How all these subcategories sexiest Athlete Alive, Sexiest race car driver. I don't know. Sexiest different categories, different categories, but there is a category for sexiest podcaster. Sexiest podcast are alive, And I guess it's supposed to be an honor. Rightly. So there were only four podcasts that were mentioned in this group, but five four podcasts, but four podcasters in the group. I was among them. So at this point that I'm speaking, you do not you can't vote anymore, not that you would vote for me, my suggesting that I'm just making the point here, Andy that these were the other podcasters that I was up against.
Speaker 2: Right, yes, yes, And by the way, I got my vote in the day before voting end in official Did you seriously I voted for you?
Speaker 1: But I wouldn't ever know.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't even like.
Speaker 1: Going to the voting booth on election day? Did You're never going to know?
Speaker 2: For you?
Speaker 3: I voted for you the moment I decided to be with you.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, So TJ.
Speaker 2: Holmes sexiest podcast hosts. Could it be Josh Peck from Good Guys, Penn Badgeley from pod Crushed, or the Kelsey Brothers from New Heights. So I looked at that group and I said, Babe, I love you and you are the sexiest man alive to me, But I don't think you're going to beat the power of the swifties, who will all be voting collectively for the Kelsey brothers. How do you You don't even have a shot.
Speaker 1: But how are they the sexiest? That was a little much, don't you think.
Speaker 3: Emma, with the power of Taylor's No.
Speaker 1: No, no no. But I'm saying if something that what's going to take This is what's going to happen. Somebody's going to grab the headline that says Amy Robot says her boyfriend TJ. Holmes doesn't have a chance in the hell of being the sexiest man.
Speaker 3: You are so right, that's that's.
Speaker 2: Sorry. But yes, because the headlines never come with context ever, and the context is you're up against the power of Taylor.
Speaker 1: That what we're doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I'm just a realist at that point. I mean, you could have anybody up against the Kelsey brothers, yes, and how they would win because of this power of this one?
Speaker 1: How can you vote on them as a collective like they're collectively sexy as brothers? What does that even mean?
Speaker 3: Two for the price of one?
Speaker 1: Wait, Okay, so those two are sexier than the one. I mean, come on, what do we do with this? I'm kidding. We had a lot of fun with this, but it is. It's one of those let me get my it's just an honor to be nominated. But though, but anything you lose, that's a tough that's a tough one to lose. What what what did you lose?
Speaker 2: The sexiest competition of podcasting? Yeah, the subset, Yes, of podcasters who have faces for radio. So all of these people have been in front of the camera, they all have.
Speaker 1: But it was fun and it was fun. We had fun with that. But yes, I am getting ready for my Uh, it's just an honor to be nominated speech. Now, well, I.
Speaker 2: Consider it to be an honor just to be dating you.
Speaker 3: So there you go.
Speaker 2: So it's like I feel like that as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's trying to make up for that. He has no chance in hell comments, right, But we talk about the headline. It might be grabbed and we know this, and we know this better than most that are walking the streets. But we we don't look at headlines. We've talked about that plenty here. But we started getting calls and texts and emails and in conversation with friends of ours, we're giving us a heads out up about headlines that were taking place, So headlines that were out there that had to do with initially where we used to work, and then came headlines about us that we were like, whoa, Now we need to speak.
Speaker 2: Right, I mean, I think and we've made this very clear, but hopefully if you're just hearing this for the first time, headlines are not necessarily facts. And anytime you see a headline or any kind of story attributed to sources, or a source says also probably not something you can take literally because it is so ambiguous. It is such a gray area, and it is frankly, it's a cloak a lot of organizations hide behind to be able to say whatever it is they want to say, and there's almost always an agenda attached to a headline. But yes, friends were coming up saying, oh, I bet you guys love the new story that's been out and everyone's republishing, reposting, And I said, I don't know what you're talking to, no clue, And I will google every now and then, especially if we see maybe a paparazzi following us, or if I have a bunch of people telling me, Wow, there are these headlines out there, this latest one, and it dates back I think even to a week or two ago, or somehow somebody picked up on sources from ABC News saying that perhaps at this point, now nearly two years later, they are realizing that they made a mistake in letting us go and that they don't have the star power to replace one of the main three at Good Morning America if that event were to come up, if they needed to groom someone, if they were looking to just have somebody waiting the wings.
Speaker 1: Let's be clear what she just said saying there's no star park or not. Ay, please do not interribute that that's not us.
Speaker 2: I am only repeating what I read, which I am saying, huh, I you know, you just you. I always question the timing of these and I say planted stories, because because that's what they are. They're not reporting on something that's happening. Someone In almost every case when it comes to insider or sources say it is someone who is planting a story with a group. And that's what this looked like to me now just recently, within the last twenty four hours, a day or two now, they've gone on to say the story, We have read the story, we have seen the story, and that TJ and I, this is what these reports say, are saying it's karma, and feel vindicated that those words never came out of our mouths, nor do we even feel that way at all. In fact, we have genuinely said this. We are rooting for our former colleagues to be the best they can be. We loved so many of the folks who live and work at ABC, and it's their lifeblood, it's what they do, it's what they love, and we're supporting them. We never want to see ABC fail, we never want to see them not do well. And so I guess it's just a little frustrating then for it to seem as though we're saying, you know, haha, or we're even commenting on these reports in my opinion, that we're planted with whatever organization for some agenda I can't possibly know.
Speaker 1: Well, we just can't say it enough, and it's not even a matter of words or feelings being attributed to us. Here's the thing, I know how you feel about it because you and I speak privately and talk about things that nobody else will ever know. No matter how close a friend is or a parent, there's some things you and I talk about that nobody else will ever know. There's no point in any private conversation you and I have expressed to each other. Ha ha, look at that. Who who? There's karma, this vendic nothing, No, because there's just how in God's name, anybody out there, ask yourself, why and why would you feel good about somebody else's misfortune? Why would you ever feel good that even an X of yours or somebody who in a relationship with any way is not doing so well? Which we have. We got friends in that building. We don't need to read any headline to get an idea of what's happening in the building because we've got plenty of folks and friends that we are very close to who continued to talk to us about what's going on. You know what, We're not gonna do relate to you here on the podcast what they're saying to us. But I can assure you there is never a moment where you and I have ever felt good. We have heard rumblings about what could happen to the show we used to be on, Yes and we're like, oh no, oh, that would be to God. Please wait, that was something we were a part of it. We want to see that thing go on forever God.
Speaker 2: I know I took great pride in that show, starting it during the pandemic, and it really gave me new life in my career, getting to do that show and feeling like it's served a valuable purpose, which is rare in journalism these days to feel like you actually did something that helped someone else. So I take great pride and took great pride in starting that show, and then when you came on it, it breathed new life and it just became what it was and we were proud of it. And we don't want to see it go away. We don't want to see it do poorly in our absence. So I know, look, a human emotion I think could be like haha, when you mentioned relationships, Oh see, wish bet you wish you hadn't let me go. Now, bet you wish you hadn't broken up with me. Now, Look, I think those types of feelings serve zero purpose. And I think we've made a really I know that you and I have talked about and we don't just talk the talk, We walk the walk of staying positive. And you know, this door closed, but what door is opening now that wouldn't have otherwise? And look where we are right now. We've got our production company and we're doing something we love with each other, and we're getting to talk to people who we wouldn't have been able to do otherwise in depth in a way we couldn't have otherwise. And things are starting to open up and build and blossom that would never have happened if things didn't happen the way they did. So we do not feel any ill will or negativity or any sort of vindication if things aren't going well over there. So I just we just want to really put that out there that you know, yes it hurt, Yes it was hard. Yes it wouldn't be what we wanted or what we would have chosen, but we're on a different path now and it's a beautiful one.
Speaker 1: And that path makes us appreciate ABC News as being a part of the journey that we've been on. We are rooting. We have deer dear friends, not just colleagues. We have dear friends that are still in that building. So please don't ever and if you ever see what you say sources, and there used to be ones that say, uh, friends of the couple or a source close to the couple. O, folks, this is very there's what your daughters, my little eleven year old Sabine ye, your parents, Nicky Chuck, Charles, Matt Morgan. If there is a source that's not any of those ten people in our lives, it's not true. And I can assure you those ten people are not talking to a tablet.
Speaker 2: They are not no are Our circle is a dot now yeah, right, so I don't you know sources and none of them would tell anybody anything and certainly would not be calling up certain magazines.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So it's just and I hate to, you know, I hate being even feel like we are compelled to speak on something that's some bs. That's it's one lying, completely made up. So I'm not putting it on the tabloid that reported it. Possibly they're lying, but it's possible they were lied too, but they would know they're lied to if it's not nobody's in our circle.
Speaker 2: Nobody's in our circle who would be.
Speaker 1: Possibly say anything about what's going on?
Speaker 2: I feel guessing how they think we feel.
Speaker 1: We don't feel that way. It's not even close of any joy to anything. And we don't even want going. Gma was long fine long before we got there. They're gonna be fine long before are We didn't make the difference to that place. We contributed. Sure, we didn't make a different So then one way or another Jesus chrime, all right, but we did mention. And this this is true, folks. I did literally throw Robock into the arms of another man. It's I didn't look He've been in New York during the pandemic, A lot of folks, a lot of restaurants you had to eat outside, the dining outside. So you've been to New York. Folks that live here know this. All the outdoor dining is set up. They have these little station or dining areas, and some of them have been I only have How would you describe them?
Speaker 2: Sometimes there are wooden structures made of plywood that have been constructed fairly shabbily, but.
Speaker 3: They protect you from wind rain.
Speaker 2: Some of them have heating elements or cooling elements to try and help with yeah temperature, but there makeshift kind of out house looking.
Speaker 1: Wow, you nailed this description. I was struggling. No, no, no, you're right right where.
Speaker 2: You can eat and drink and be merry and still be outside and see the city sidewalks and feel the energy of the city. So they're still fun to sit out in.
Speaker 1: Every New Yorker knows what you're talking about. But you did that was really good, baby, You nail that.
Speaker 2: You're shocked and surprise that my ability to do that is actually no.
Speaker 1: Because my inability to do it. Wow, she is really nailing this. So Rooves and I go to a restaurant we love Edwards here in New York and it's in Tribecca is right on Church Street.
Speaker 2: No, it's on West Broadway. I always get that wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So we de sign on a Sunday, two of us along with Sabine. We're gonna go to lunch. Now, we had all kinds of debate about where we're gonna go, when we're gonna go. The timing was off. When is Sabine coming? You walking here? Now, that was a lot of things that were that came to be to get us Edwards and we're sitting outside for dying. Now. We get there and we're sitting in the table that is in the far corner of this outdoor sitting area. So a better way to describe it. Let's say, if a car was going to hit that structure, we would be hit first. Is that fair to say?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yes, Because the direction of West Broadway is heading south and we were on that southeast corner.
Speaker 1: So we were right there in the line of danger. We didn't realize or didn't think about that. You don't you just sit outside and eat. So we're going to sit at this table. And we had, for whatever reason, a strange amount of time that we debated where everybody was going to sit. I can't remember why, but I think it was me who were saying, well, you go there, you go.
Speaker 2: Why I don't know, but there was a discussion, and finally it turned out that you and I had our backs to the road. And these structures are out in the road where people would park for people would be driving, but you're actually taking up a lane. Basically, these structures are jutting out. A lot fewer of them because the city came down on them, but this is one of the ones that is left over from the pandemic. And then Sabine was sitting across from us, but you and I had our backs to the traffic.
Speaker 1: Coming, so Sabine could see, but there was a little barrier she had had to lift up, so she couldn't see it clearly, the traffic that was coming. So we're sitting there having a good time, enjoying lunch, and our back is to the traffic and I hear, well, I guess we all hear screeching tires, right, screeching. We start to hear this. So by the time you hear the screeching tires, then you hear impact. Impact. You hear a vehicle crash into another. Now at this point I turn and look back, but I have to sit up a little bit because of a little barrier to see clearly what was coming. And what I saw coming at speed was a white mini van with the red cross label on the front. This is a true sorry, right Cross. I'm sorry. I'm not trying to call you all out, but this is what was coming at us. So imagine that, folks, you are sitting with a piece of plywood as the only thing between you and a vehicle coming at speed that had just crashed into another parked car that's coming at you. So what was the resulting action?
Speaker 2: And you say this as if there was time it was as if it was in still motion, but it was a split second, and you heard and saw what you saw, and you took me and you threw me like you threw me as far away from where the car would have been coming. And I landed on top of this older gentleman who then landed on the floor as well, so I was thrown onto him, which caused him to fall over. And I'm laying on top of a man. And then, by the way, everyone else in the restaurant, because hearing this and then seeing our reaction, everyone started jumping, like you know, like plates were flying.
Speaker 3: Everybody was run.
Speaker 1: Well, please know everybody, as this is happening, you hear glasses breaking, crashing down. Everything is just it is an insane scene. I don't realize you're on top of the other guy.
Speaker 2: And Sabina, I've got to say she had some quick reflexes that she obviously inherited from you, because she jumped as well, like she just took off. I mean, it was everybody. I was really impressed because I know you either is it flight, flight, fight, or freeze. I think I froze in that second, but man, I ended up flying and.
Speaker 1: Me and my black child know how to fight.
Speaker 3: We do, but it was this akromm.
Speaker 2: I'm really sorry, sir. On top of it, he was like, it's okay, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: So tables are turned over, bags are everywhere, chairs are strewn about. So we just calmed down for a second and we walk around to the outside of the sitting area and sure enough, and you tell me what you think. Think how this She finally was able and it was a woman driving this Red Cross van. It was I think she had one passenger in there with her. But she eventually stopped at how far from that plywood and from our backs, which one say it.
Speaker 2: Was one foot?
Speaker 3: I mean, it was scary.
Speaker 2: It was everybody like we were shaking.
Speaker 3: It was a scary. Oh my god. That could have been much worse.
Speaker 2: And I don't know if her hitting the car was a buffer for her to then to be able to stop. But it was actually the chef, the chef of the restaurant's car park there, so he came out. But it was It was interesting because in my mind, I'm like, the Red Cross usually comes to the scene of an accident or a tragedy or a trauma instead of causing it, which is what unfortunately this poor driver did. And I don't know that she spoke much English, because never once did she come to say everybody, okay, I'm so sorry. Nothing. She was just kind of stayed in her vehicle. Maybe she was embarrassed. I don't know, but it was. It was definitely you know, you live in New York enough and enough, thing's good. I've never had anything like that happen where you thought, oh my god, I was inches away from a very serious and potentially deadly situation and I we.
Speaker 1: We went back, but this was a couple of days ago.
Speaker 2: We went back.
Speaker 1: We we just to be like, hey guys, it's been long enough. Let's just go get this. We like the food, let's get it. We like the food. But we sat in that same seat, well, it was the only seat open.
Speaker 3: Though it was a beautiful day.
Speaker 2: We thought, you know what, let's go back and let's you know, like you know, if you have an accent, you get back up on your horse.
Speaker 3: Right, let's just get back on this table. We'll be fine.
Speaker 2: We could not.
Speaker 1: We cannot be horse launch ever.
Speaker 2: You were nervous. The entire every noise, every every visual, I mean car that drove by it, it was just like, we can't come back here again. You can't sit in that seat again. It's just too much.
Speaker 1: After the experience we had. But it made us think because that day, so many things had to come in to play, and so many things had to go a certain way for us to end up in that seat at that exact moment. Life is funny that way. I mean, so many decisions, little decisions we made, even to go there, the time we went there, where we decided to sit who we decided to place where in those seats, because you know what scared me is that Sabine was supposed to sit in the seat that I ended up sitting in right on that side. It just it's a weird.
Speaker 2: Life is funny, And if something had gone terribly you would be going over those moments in your mind at nauseum because you'd think I should have done this, I could have done this, Why did we do that? And it brought you back to so many moments in your life where you rethink and you try to change the past by thinking you should have done something differently, when in reality, sometimes you just have to accept what happened and then make better choices going forward, which means we should not sit in that seat again. And I actually don't even know that I want to sit in an outside structure again, because you feel like the sense of invincibility until something like that happens and you think it just takes you're Now, I'm trusting that every driver driving down those streets in Manhattan is paying attention, isn't you know, messing with their phone or changing the channel on their you know, on whatever music they're listening to. It takes one second to look down to miss and to to hit something or someone. And so yes, I I am changing my behavior and even trying it again. Making it known that we can't sit there peacefully is all I need to know that I probably am not going to sit out in those structures again.
Speaker 1: That's a one hundred percentury story that them.
Speaker 2: It also made us. These are all the little moments, you know, where you just it's again time. We're all on borrow time. No one knows what tomorrow brings, and it's just another reminder. We kind of really felt it that day, and it's continued for us to appreciate what you have, appreciate who you're with, tell the people you love that you love them. It's just you never know. It can take one second and everything changes.
Speaker 1: It was a lesson. It was a lesson, but I'm glad I learned it. And that's going to pay off for us at some point somewhere else. We're going to make a decision based on that experience that's going to pay off for us, and we don't even realize how it's going to pay off. So we'll see moving forward. But we do want you all to know your folks in Chicago in the surrounding area, we're going to see you only a couple of weeks. Now. I might not run the marathon, but I'm still going to be there because we're actually going to do a recording of our podcast live at the Expo. Yes, at the expos or the Chicago Maryland.
Speaker 2: Yes, And it's I had the pleasure of going two years ago. And it's this bustling, big fun center where everyone's picking up their bibs. You have to get you know, some things before you run a race. You have to have your number, you have to have your tracking device.
Speaker 1: That happening time.
Speaker 3: It's just really fun.
Speaker 2: So we're going to be there's a stage there we're going to be on from four pm. To five pm Chicago time, so local time, I guess that's Central time zone. We'll be doing a live podcast, So if you happen to be in the Chicago area on Friday, October eleventh at four pm at the Expo Center where the marathon is all taking place or right there, I don't know exact I don't know Chicago well enough to say where are the Expo Center is, but you can google it and find it, and we'd love to see you. We'd love to have you swing by, and we hope you guys enjoy whatever it is we have to say.
Speaker 3: We haven't figured it out yet, and a lot.
Speaker 2: Of it might have to do with whether or not you're running the race or not.
Speaker 1: It will hopefully, I mean, you know I'm going to try.
Speaker 3: I know you're going to try.
Speaker 1: So even as bad as it was today, I had to quit in a mile and a half, I would keep running if that was marathon day, I know you're keeping going. So but we are. This is fun, like I say, folks, and you're right. You reminded me of it in the on the train right here today, like just where we were a while back to now to the point like damn, we need a vacation, Like, we're so busy and so much going on. It's all the exciting stuff.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 1: It's all stuff that we are choosing to do, yes, and not an assignment being handed to us. So it's just I love you, baby, and it's been as a hell of a journey and it continues, and it's just to be sitting here this moment, this day, surviving car crashes at restaurants, at a brunch and all the other.
Speaker 2: I love you.
Speaker 1: Soon.
Speaker 2: We had a great weekend. We should mention, did you want to? We were going to talk about it.
Speaker 3: My birthday was a month ago birthday weekend.
Speaker 1: My gift finally paid off just a couple of days ago. Oh my god, this was wonderful birthday celebration. Yes, on my birthday August nineteenth, rold took me up with several gifts, but one that she gave me and we didn't say it at the time concert tickets to one of my absolute favorite artists right now, Teddy Swims.
Speaker 3: Teddy Swims, Teddy wo amazing.
Speaker 1: Oh my voice is effortless. How he does that? He gets like he gives no effort or energy into that voice, belting that out.
Speaker 2: It's so soulful. It's so soulful, Okay, can I say this? So I was telling my mom about where we went, and she didn't she'd never heard of him before. I so Teddy swims. So I sent her one of his songs and she wrote back, is he white? Because he's so soulful it's actually shocking. You can't imagine this white boy is singing the way he is singing. But man, he can belt it out and it's just the depth. He sings with such depth and it's hard to describe until you hear it. But we would urge everybody to check him out. He's phenomenal. And the opening act.
Speaker 1: Brilin You on this Country artist Brelin, black guy from New Jersey. Amazing voice. Love him, love him. This was the best that I want all my birthday gifts now to be paid off in a month or two because it seems like a constant celebration. But we were in an Atlantic city. Someone was interesting, people watching and stuff we love watch.
Speaker 3: Oh man, so fun.
Speaker 1: It was great. I am not going we're gonna wrap this up because I'm not gonna tell them the story about how you embarrassed me more than you probably ever embarrassed me at that concert.
Speaker 2: We're gonna save it for another story.
Speaker 1: Let's do it later because it's it's I really want to dive deep into that.
Speaker 2: Okay, and I did it. I embarrassed myself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, unfortunately I was at long for the ride. But folks, that's it for now. It's been a lot going on. We are so so frankly happy, and so that probably means somebody's coming for us real soon. But it's been great. We hope you all are doing well as well. We have a journey to continue with you all with the I Do Part two, the daily newscast that we're we're doing now with iHeart, and now with that, we're continuing with our regular Amy and TJ podcast, And we have to say, look, Amy Sugarman and the folks at iHeart, thank you. Look there's that needs to be said. Yeah, And you all have believed in us and invested in us, in us and encouraged us and supported us along this journey as we figure things out. And it's just been a great, great, great, great partner to have right now.
Speaker 2: They have been amazing partners professionally and even personally, just always there to support us and to help build what we're trying to build here. And thank you all. Thank you for listening and for keeping up with all the podcasts that might be entering into your phone, like another one. I think my mom and dad said that to me. Every time I look there are more podcasts that I'm behind on. I was like, so sorry that I'm inundating your life with podcasts.
Speaker 1: We are the Amy and TJ. We are the DJ Kali of the podcast word. Another one that's us
Speaker 2: All right, So tune in tomorrow for another one.