Speaker 1: Comitting this guy.
Speaker 2: Everybody, thank you for being here. The Saint Jude Radiothon was today on the broadcast version of the show, and this is the podcast version, which we're gonna do some content as well. We appreciate you guys that listen to the podcast and we hope you became a partner in hope and if you did, awesome, And if you're here just for the giggles, great or not always just giggles, just for the compelling content. I know everybody's got a little something here. I'll go first that ceo that was shot in New York.
Speaker 3: Oh crazy dude, and.
Speaker 2: I've watched so many videos. First, let me just explain what happened. Six forty five am yesterday morning. The United Healthcare CEO Brian Thompson was headed to an investor conference in New York City. He was one of the big speakers. Gunman approached him from behind, fired several shots.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: He was pronounced dead at a local hospital. Police say the gunman arrived at the location about five minutes before. However, that's been since there and multiple witness to say this guy was waiting there for hours and hours. So but I'm just gonna read from the story from NBC News. Talking to NBC News, his wife paul At Thompson, said, there have been some threats that were tracking down what they called several good leads. That is from NBC News. Now this is just gonna be talking about it because I got on the algorithm of it last night on TikTok. And first of all, the guy's in full head and mask, and nobody thinks anything of it because people said, must be wearing masks now because of COVID.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it was that kind of mask.
Speaker 2: No, but it doesn't matter, it doesn't And it's cold at the same time in New York down here, so it's a combination of people already wear masks and it's cold, so you're just covering your face anyway, so you don't think anything of it. He's dressed and dark, he has a great backpack on. And initially it was he arrived right when the guy arrived, so it was like he must have known exactly when he was there. But then again watching the eyewitness some of the people were like, no, he was there. He was at a Starbucks. That footage of him at a Starbucks. The bat called the guy was at the Starbucks and they waited for hours apparently walks up. I believe it was a twenty two pistol. And what they call a suppressor is what we would call a silencer. So when you hear them talk about a suppressor, that's like in the movies when it's a silencer. So it did have that on it. The gun jammed while he was shooting, and you can see him unjam it and shoot because because he shot him in the calf at first. This is why I don't think and it was purpose. This is just me giving an opinion. This is why I don't think it was like a hired super skilled hitman is because of all the things that went wrong. What's up?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: Just me chilling?
Speaker 5: Is this just men's phone ringing your.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's just a joint eruption at no problem, No, I thought.
Speaker 4: I I wanted you to check because in case it's an emergency, it's.
Speaker 2: All good here, no miscalls anything. Yeah here. So the reason that I don't feel that it was a hired hitman, especially one of high skill, because it could have been a hired person to kill, but he shot him in the calf at first, And if you're using a handgun and you shoot in very rudiment. And reversion of this is if you shoot in your hands or below your shoulders, it's going to shoot low. The guy didn't know what he was did he did hit him. He didn't know what he was doing, so he shot him in the calf, unjammed the gun, shot him in the back, took off, got on the e bike, got out of there. As of right now, they still don't know who he is. So I think there was some history of using that weapon, because you don't unjam a gun like that without knowing how to use it. But I don't think it was someone who was like a million dollar hired to hire a hitman to kill a CEO because of how because if that were the case, he'd walked up, put her upside his head and killed him and walked off, same thing because he was five feet away from him. Like that's probably how that would have gone down.
Speaker 5: Oh so he probably wouldn't have gone to the Starbucks beforehand.
Speaker 2: Like that seems so weird that times you gotta stay away.
Speaker 6: You've been out there all night, like you're just taking it, like you're going to go to Starbucks when like you know, there's gonna be a video of you in the Starbucks and then.
Speaker 2: He didn't have his mask on though, And how what I would counter on that is he knew he's gonna be on video anyway everywhere because he was. He's on video at the mask on and the gun. They got him like four or five different places, including Starbucks, and it looks like the same picture. He didn't take his mask down in Starbucks.
Speaker 4: Do we know what he used to pay with at Starbucks yet?
Speaker 5: And they haven't said that. That's why I wondered buy a drink.
Speaker 2: And it's like if he had his phone with him, he's cooked.
Speaker 5: Well, they found a phone.
Speaker 6: They found a phone in the alley way where he fled, and they do believe the phone belongs to the person, and they are trying to get a search warrant to go through the phone, which.
Speaker 2: If it wasn't a Barner phone, again not not somebody who is hired to do this at a high level. Now, there are one hundred theories as to what it could have been, and those are just people making up stuff. But a person that would have been hired to do this on a high level would have probably one had no electronic device on them at all because there's no tracking. Two would have walked up and just put it at his head and boom and walked away. Because he actually did the same thing just two shots, but seven to ten to twelve feet away when a shot in the calf there. So all that is the non non emotional part of it, right, that is the I cannot believe we just saw that happen broad daylight, got away on an e bike, e biked there, walked walk got back on an e bike, had closed you could change in and out of, had a gray backpack, nondescript clothing. All of that.
Speaker 6: Also fled into Central Park where they said there's not very much, very many cameras, So that's probably why he went into Central Park.
Speaker 2: Right, changed his clothes, like rode the bike in a park, right, changes clothes, got it and got out of there. Is this update of Mike the mask gunman who stalked and killed used ammunition with the words denied defendant pose so on the bullets. I had not read that until right now.
Speaker 6: Which is yeah, which is the title of a book written a few years ago talking about how health caught care uses these words to delay your to avoid paying you out insurance things.
Speaker 5: What are the words deny.
Speaker 2: Delay, deny, defending in to pose.
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 2: So also, this could also be what they call like a false flag. Somebody could be doing this to throw the scin off where if they're doing this, someone goes, well, it must be because they're upset about insurance. When it's somebody going well, if we do this, there's just so much right now that that doesn't make me feel like that is real. That could be a red herring.
Speaker 3: As you did say that the wife said that they had threats.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, but I would think that insurance CEOs. Yeah, I feel like that. I think that's a common people.
Speaker 2: Are so mean to. I was looking at comments and every one of them was like I would give condolences, but my insurance when cook in the comments section of these set, but also people also, I was also because they're like stealing the joke too from other people. So the first thing I was like, you're sad human, why would you do this? Somebody just die? Then secondly I'm like, you just stole that joke from another person's Instagram comment and used it. Now you're getting all the likes. Loser. He was a guy who moved up through the company too. He wasn't one of these CEOs. It was like hired headhunted from another company. He's like somebody who started low level and rose up. I understand that the trouble that and there was some insider trading stuff that that had started to circulate, and there was some AI stuff where it was like they were using a company. This is just gonna be my memory, and I could be wrong about the numbers here, but they were using an AI company to say yes or no to things, and it was proven the AI company was like ninety percent wrong, and they were still using it anyway, even while knowing that. Like that, that's something that I read. But there's going to be so much misinformation out there now because people just want to get clicks that now it's like, we'll just wait and see. But the problem is with wait and see is okay, we're still waiting to see what happened Jefrey Epstein And you know what he dies? That was from the inside. That was for sure, from the inside. The cops take a break. The cops take a break. They turned the cameras off it so who knows what we know except this guy. Also, you don't really know what your CEO is doing. Like let's say you work at the company and he was speaking at this conference, and it was known he was there way early, like you don't know. It wasn't like it was said, this guy's going to be here on this day, because it wasn't the day he was talking. There's just a lot of things that don't allow you to have the full scope of what's happening because we only are we only know what we're being told.
Speaker 4: Because it's sort of like, okay, well was this guy professional or not, because it seems like some of this stuff he would have to know, or how he would have to know what he knew would be really a little more a professional issue.
Speaker 2: I would say that you can be in the know without being professional, okay, and also have.
Speaker 4: Some skills okay, So it's like not or just.
Speaker 2: Be in the know and hire somebody who is like a drug addict that will do anything for drugs or moneycause they're a bad place and you know what they do. This is what happens with a lot of these is that they will hire somebody I say they I'll just use that generically, that they'll hire somebody with this situation like this, and they'll pay them and they'll give them and then they'll make sure they ode on the drugs afterwards, so there's no trail back to the I'm not saying that's this one, but that does happen as well. Then you never know, because I.
Speaker 4: Feel like that that really happened in real life or just on TV.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know on TV that happens. Oh, in real life, that happens. It's a sucky story. And I couldn't believe it happened right there. And then I was thinking what about the people that saw it happen? And I was like, what if I saw it?
Speaker 7: What I do?
Speaker 2: Run?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Shots fired? You run?
Speaker 2: It's like I guess people are like, why didn't someone just jump and take him down? And then I think, let me think about what I would do. I'd run.
Speaker 3: You don't know who those people are.
Speaker 4: Like and exactly where it was coming from. Maybe you hear it, and then you're like, oh, is that if it's silence?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: True, they were right there like they saw it, because again it's ten feet people that saw him. Silence wasn't mean that makes no noise, right.
Speaker 4: Because suppressor that's a better way to put it suppressor because.
Speaker 2: TV gives you a wrong impression of silencers for the most part. So anyway, that story sucks. I feel terrible for the family because he's in such a high position. There are a thousand different theories as to why or what or how?
Speaker 5: Yeah could it?
Speaker 6: Do you think there's any I mean, I don't. I was reading about the him being investigated for the inside of trading and whatever could have been an inside job of he'd they're worried. He was going to squeal like he was going to say, Hey, this is what's happening. How does this guy know that he's coming out that door that early in the morning, And.
Speaker 2: Well if he waited for hours and hours and the conference was in that hotel, right, there is bits of intel that would lead you to think that. But you're right, yes, that could be one. But I mean, yeah, I was just I'm not attaching myself to a theory because I know nothing except what's being told here, and then I know what I don't know, and that's most of it. But that if I were an like I see you have a different insurance company today, I would have full scary around here eight time.
Speaker 6: And they said he bought a bottle of water in two bars from the Starbucks, and they did find a bottle of water in the alleyway where the gun was or the phone, So they think that that that bottle of water is his.
Speaker 5: So they're going to test it for DNA.
Speaker 2: Okay, but if they find ben A on it, this guy's not a professional.
Speaker 4: Right And also did he use Apple play or cash?
Speaker 2: Probably cash unless he's just so really.
Speaker 4: That's what I want to know link out yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and firearm experts things, it is someone that has military or a lot of gun training because the way it jams and the way they are able to jam it.
Speaker 2: So I doing that was him having weapons training or a lot of.
Speaker 4: Seeing the calf part he just got nervous or or the gun to malfunction.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: He was definitely shooting a little low and the first one didn't jam.
Speaker 4: The first one she was trying to really not.
Speaker 2: Well, My friends that live in cities think I'm like since I'm they think I'm like the biggest hillbilly and a medium hillbilly and have decent gun experience, but never with handguns. And it's like I had a four ten and twelve gauge and thirty. I six when I had a rifle, and so I know like general basic Arkansas gun, right, hunting hunting gun. Yeah, yeah, I can tell you the difference in all the gauges of shot guns. I can tell you different kinds of bird shot, buck shot, slug. I can do all that. But they're hitting me up like I'm some gun expert to give analysis, and I'm like, guys, I'm a hillbilly with guns. I don't know about the only thing that I could tell you was he knew and he has used a weapon at how calm He unjammed the thing because it did jam, and a lot of times they jam with a silent with the suppressor because that's not common. So anyway, we'll move off because I'm wildly uneducated on it. I just want to talk about the story and that sucks, and I hope they figure it out. That's it for me. You'll take a mideral real quick.
Speaker 8: Yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's to the middle here, boom Amy, what do you have?
Speaker 4: What do you want to bring a story I can't stop thinking about. It's not a new shooting. It's something that happened years back. But dayline just released a podcast about it, and it's about this guy that shot two teenagers that broke into his home.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's the problem.
Speaker 4: The problem is why I can't stop thinking about it is he's in jail for the rest of his life for murder.
Speaker 2: So a couple questions. He didn't know them. They broke into a home, right, so I'm not confused on that. Were they running away from his home, like in his yard and he.
Speaker 4: Was waiting for them in the basement because I guess his home had been broken into leading up to that, and he's he had guns himself and two guns were stolen. So he was an older man who was obviously scared for his life, and he set sort of like the way they presented it in court were like he set this up as a trap, Like he made it seem like his home was empty. He wasn't there. He parked his truck down the road, and then he was waiting in the basement for whoever was breaking in. He didn't know who it was going to be. And when they came down, he didn't even wait to see their face. He just shot the first kid and then his cousin, a girl like was looking for him. And she was like waiting for him to come out. She starts to go down the stairs, he shoots her. Well, the problem is, I think maybe he had started to go a little bit, you know, something was not right because he was like recording this.
Speaker 2: You I'd broken into his house before, though, and these people had broken into his house, right.
Speaker 4: And so he was there. They pitched it is sort of don't quote me on the exact words, but premeditated in a sense because he was sitting and waiting and he set a trap.
Speaker 2: But again, but they broke in, Yes.
Speaker 4: Like they broke in, and these are I think, good kids making a bad choice. And I felt bad for the family talking in the podcast and whatnot. But I just thought, man, what would how I just keep thinking about if I was on the jury, what would I do guilt?
Speaker 2: If it's what?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he's in jail for the rest of his life.
Speaker 2: I wonder why there might be some in that case. I wonder what they got him for.
Speaker 4: That audio got him, The fact that he had the recording. The it wasn't a video, it was just an audio recording, and you hear him talking to himself beforehand, like you know, kind of going over like I'm gonna get him or you know, talking about that. But but I'm like, he's scared, and he may and maybe he was going a little crazy because of it. I would maybe too, but I did. Another part is he waited because he was scared. Apparently his lawyer said, after he did it, and you have own clip, he went and hid in the club to know are more people coming whatnot. He didn't report it till the next day, and that's always trouble if somebody's been killed and you don't report it immediately. Yeah, So anyway that I can't stop talking about thinking about it.
Speaker 2: And if not, it's crazy. But there must be something we're missing. Because if someone breaks into your house and I feel it all threatened, I'm shooting them, right, I mean, that's it. If I feel threatened, I'm going to eliminate this.
Speaker 4: It's the castle doctrine. You have the right to protect your castle.
Speaker 2: And the only time I've seen people get in trouble because I don't I didn't know this story is if people are like still on your property and they're like running away and you still shoot them, right even if they're on your property, Like you can go to jail for that because they are now not a threat and they are eliminating themselves from being a threat.
Speaker 4: Okay, So to that point, the second person, the second team, he ended up shooting. He did not need to shoot her multiple times, but he did. And then like specifically like in the E But I mean I think he was. I don't know if you're in that state of mind. I don't know how crazy are I just don't know that it's like murder in jail for the rest of your life, Like maybe you need some mental help. I think he was scared. And when you're in fear and then people are breaking like they literally broke into the home.
Speaker 2: So that's the part too where I'm like, I would have been shooting. And you say, do you feel after my house got broken into and I'd been pistol whipped and had a couple I was I was crazy at my house any noise, I had a gun right beside me. So it's like, he's crazy. You know what makes you crazy Whenever you feel like you could die any minute, because you've had experiences that have led you to think that you could die any minute, because people have broken in or people have attacked you. Yeah, I just wonder what the jury like. Why the jury I'd need to see why, like.
Speaker 4: You could listen to I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean it's the cord hurts Smith's whispers at the time of the shootings. I don't see them as human. I see them as vermin.
Speaker 3: What does that mean?
Speaker 4: I think you probably in my mind I was thinking, like you probably have to convince yourself, like I've got to protect myself and right now if I see them as human, like, I'm not going to be able to protect my home, and I'm scared it and I'm tired of living scared. So I'm going to take care of business.
Speaker 2: Smith's decision earlier on Thanksgiving Day Movies Vehicle from the Driveway allowed prosecutors to present the idea that he wished to bait the intruders in the act of premeditation. If you're just moving your corner baiting, it's not like you're piling up presents inside the window, going anybody that can get to these you can have and leave the door.
Speaker 4: A good you know, they had to break a window to get in.
Speaker 6: And but he I guess what they're saying baiting is by presenting the fact that you're not home knowing.
Speaker 4: I mean, yes, he said it, yes.
Speaker 2: Because you present that you're not home. But I mean you have the right to break into somebody.
Speaker 6: But he had the motive that he was going to kill these people premeditated because he trap and said, I'm.
Speaker 5: Going to move my truck down the road.
Speaker 3: Bait.
Speaker 9: If you put that's a trap, that's your garage is different down the street to make the appearance you're not home.
Speaker 6: That's saying I'm going to put Christmas presents in my car. Not because you can wait for someone to shoot it. Doesn't make it okay for somebody to break it even if you're not home. I didn't they was okay for them to break in, But to try to lead them to break in, to give them reason to break.
Speaker 4: In, Yeah, because he's tired of living scared like yes, Like however you want to.
Speaker 2: Put it begging someone to break in by saying I'm not home, No, that is extremely er.
Speaker 4: It is setting the stage.
Speaker 6: That's why the jury found him guilty because he baited them. He came up with a plan to get them in his house so he can.
Speaker 2: Murder them, but to break into his house.
Speaker 4: No one had broken into his house multiple times it was multiple times.
Speaker 2: Great.
Speaker 4: If no one had done it ever before, then he wouldn't have been in fear. And when you're in survival mode, you fight flight freeze. He was fighting correct for his own safety.
Speaker 2: In my opinion, baiting baiting would be again big flashing arrow, door wide open baiting is not something that would happen anyway because he could be gone.
Speaker 4: I just wish he would have been driven. I mean, because these poor these kids, their poor decision to break in when when they think it's an innocent thing, I mean, it's bringing in is not innocent. But right if they think he's not home, they're going to go in, steal some money, steal some whatever, and probably run out.
Speaker 2: But maybe kill him if they run into him, right Like, yeah.
Speaker 4: But that's okay. See, I don't think these teens would have But he didn't know that doesn't that two of his guns were previously stolen, So in his mind, he's like, they could come back and use my own weapons against me.
Speaker 2: And when someone is in a situation, if their life is threatened, they may actually do something exactly they're threatening to yours, even if they did not plan to.
Speaker 4: Do that, right, which is the which is where I'm just like God, like, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would that sucks.
Speaker 9: Like I have these uh like I'd say every two months, like these kids come through my neighborhood and they just go through car doors and if they're unlocked, they steal stuff, right Yeah, And I have thought myself, Mike, I would love to see them doing that so I can call the cops and like tell them exactly where they are and they get busted. But like I've even thought, maybe I get some nails, pop their tires when they go that way, I throw it all on the roads. When they have to come back down the road their tires are popped, then the cops.
Speaker 2: Is like giving a kidney though, where you're really not you know, I literally thought this, but I never know when they're doing it.
Speaker 4: He's thought it, Bobby saying it is nobody's literally thought about donating your kidney too. I know you can think all kinds of things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that sucks, Amy, And well I don't.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's the whole story just was it happened back in twenty twelve. But for whatever reason, Daylight, I don't know. The podcast and my heart breaks for the family of the teenagers and it's just.
Speaker 2: A it is there a chance this guy gets released, because again, depending on how small the town is, and you know, there's people sometimes running for office make things happen certain ways, they win and lose case. You know, there's just a lot happening. And if there's a light shine on it now from back in twenty twelve. Obviously I do not know all the facts other than what I'm reading. I'm reading it as we're doing the bit here. But I think not having your conference your house is not bait for someone to break in.
Speaker 4: But the audio was not in his favor is not good, and him shooting her multip time is not good. But again, he wasn't in his right mind because.
Speaker 2: Somebody's threatening you, you're never in your right mind. And that's crazy. Okay, let's do a couple other things. So there's that we have our Saint Jude Radiothon that we have been doing all morning. I do want to bring Jessica on a share on the phone or no.
Speaker 8: I thought that was gonna be for something else.
Speaker 2: Oh got it, Oh got it, we'll do it. We'll do it off the shore. Yeah, no problem. So if you are listening to the show and you want to be a partner. I hope we're gonna we have one of the families. We're gonna talk to you coming up in just a little bit. We went to the Christmas gift uh drawing yes, because we need to do this now so we know who is who. So yeah, Kevin can bring all the stuff in.
Speaker 3: This is where we draw our gift cards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh my gosh, we're gonna add yes. So but we're gonna bring in and actually talk it out for a second because we only have like seven or eight minutes to do this. Yeah, I'm thinking. So Macy's gave us all these gift cards. The good thing is we have to spending never own money, which we never spent a whole lot anyway, because it was always like a forty dollars limit or something. But Macy's gave these gift cards. And there's one from ten and I have the key coming in. I will not draw, I will take which everyone is last. That way, I have no influence on what bag is what bag, but I will have the key to know what's what. So can I have the key? You can set the bags right there? Thanks Kevin. What sucks for Kevin is he was in it until we only had eight. Now he's eliminated because there's only eight. He was nine.
Speaker 3: What's the key? The key?
Speaker 2: Your key? Like all the answers. Okay, So there's there's one ten dollars gift card.
Speaker 9: Oh my gosh, you put him in the middle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one fell into the There's one twenty five dollars gift card. There's one fifty dollars. There's two fifty dollars gift cards. There's two seventy five dollars gift cards. There's one hundred, a five hundred, and a one thousand.
Speaker 3: My goodness, I.
Speaker 6: Mean five hundred sounds awesome, but then you go there's a thousand, and I'm just like, five hundred doesn't count.
Speaker 2: Playing the odds here, Hey, did you get the one thousand and one and a five hundred dollar one? That's two versus one, two, three, four, five verse seven. So you're looking at two and seven five hundred. That odds to because that one is awesome. That's you want to get them. So first I'll say this about Macy's. It's the best offer of the season. Take an extra thirty percent off top gifts plus fifteen percent off their best beauty brands. They have the perfect gifts of holiday season, uggs, Crocs, a wall of water bottles, lots of great stocking stuffers. Let Macy's be your guide to gifting. Shop at Macy's dot com. They do have everything. So and maybe we don't even draw until tomorrow. We can just draw names now. But here's the thing. I'm not totally set on the most interesting way to do this. I've walked through every scenario in my head. I've walked through we draw a name. Let's say I draw Amy's name, and then I pull a bag and do I pull it immediately and go only got ten dollars. I've done the thing where it's like, we don't say who we have and we draw the bag, but we know how much money there is on the card go because then the person does that. That's an interesting wrinkle. I've done the thing where it's we have the bag and nobody knows who they who has I don't know Amy. I'm gonna go to you. What do you think the best idea for the most drama? This is a bit, this is not real.
Speaker 4: This is you want me to pick which one's gonna be the most drama asked.
Speaker 2: Lunch or I'm not asking him because he's rageful and international. I'm asking you because it's for the most compelling part of the bit, like what's the best way to do this as a fund? Fund doesn't mean everybody has a good time, but for the listeners to go like, oh my god, I can't believe that. What's the most suspenseful way to do this?
Speaker 4: Where you I think that you capitalize on two moments of suspense, the first moment being you find out right away what the dollar amount is for whatever person, and then it'll be funny to see what they end up getting, like which.
Speaker 2: But what about knowing who the person is? Like what in your version?
Speaker 4: Yeah, like if it's okay, so I guess how because.
Speaker 2: I have in my head, I have it drawn exactly how I do it. But I want to hear your work before you say that.
Speaker 4: Well, here's what I'm thinking, Like you like, I say, I draw a lunchbox, so you go on name first. I draw the name first. It's like, oh, I got lunchbox. And then I draw my gift card and I'm like, it's ten dollars.
Speaker 2: So you want to know that that's out there?
Speaker 4: Yes, And then it'll be fine to find out later what I got for ten dollars for him, because it's like a double because otherwise we're waiting, and then I'm going to give him the thing I got for ten dollars, and it's going to be like, oh, you find both of those things out at the same time.
Speaker 2: So I'm fifty percent with you on that. I think we draw the name, and I think we draw the if you say, because it's just not interesting. If I draw you and then I say I have ten dollars for you, I don't even care to hear what do you get it for ten dollars? Right it already lost the lust face, the luster of the that is gone as the guy.
Speaker 6: That's full of rage and irrational. If you told me right away, I'd lose interest if you told me ten dollars right away.
Speaker 2: Where I want to, like, I draw somebody and it's you, and we don't say what the gift card amount is, okay, and.
Speaker 5: Then you're waiting until we do the day and you're sitting there the day.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. But even when they open.
Speaker 4: The press, the person doesn't know, but the listeners do.
Speaker 2: Maybe what if it's like lunch let me finish. Let me finish the explanation here.
Speaker 4: Okay, sorry I got excited.
Speaker 2: I think what it is is draw the name, get the gift. You draw the gift card, but you don't say what the how much it is. They open the gift without knowing how much the gift card was until after they open the gift, and then it's like I had X amount of dollars, we're going to say something.
Speaker 1: Well, the reverse could also be that we don't say who we get, we say what our gift card is.
Speaker 2: That's that's that's basically the same. But yes, it's that that we're leaving one of the elements unknown. So you but but if we draw the name, and we have the name, we know like who's our friend or enemy already? Because because what makes it interesting is if Lunchbox gets you or you get Lunchbox because he's easy to be pissed.
Speaker 3: But the power is interesting.
Speaker 2: The power is interesting, Like, but if you don't have who the power over who is, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but everyone's gonna want to hope that that power is for a certain person.
Speaker 2: That's a good point too. Okay, So what we're gonna do because we have to go. We're going to draw names today. Only we're not gonna draw bags.
Speaker 5: Wait, but I'll be here tomorrow.
Speaker 2: We'll drawn names. It's a good point. So we have to do well, No, we don't. You can just do yours today. Just Morgan will do hers today. So do we have some different names? We had a wheel? Do we have time?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I can put everybody's name on it. Yeah, bring it name. It's just we got to keep spending it and pull names.
Speaker 1: It's fun.
Speaker 2: I mean, we have an interview in like five minutes. Yeah, let's do this. I don't worry about that. Who are the names on the thing? Just read the names of the other people participating, please, I don't know if a read I can write. I don't know. Okay, all right, hold on, Bobby. That's why I think we're bringing a new characters for this.
Speaker 5: Well, you said.
Speaker 2: If lunchbox spin Mike D, Mike D go ahead, Abby Rude, Rick Murray.
Speaker 5: Well he said Kevin.
Speaker 2: Kevin's never been done, and Morgan just spin two, three, four, five, six. That's nine people should be nine? Yeah, we have nine gift cards, Becky nine Okay, hey, please, okay, so Amy, you're gonna go first, pick a number one, nine, nine, you have Scuba Steve okay, Lunchbox picking number four, you have Amy. I'm gonna take a picture of my sheet though, by the way, so you guys don't think I'm changing anything.
Speaker 4: Lunchbucks bo got it?
Speaker 2: Okay, Lunchbox is Amy? Okay, Morgan? Yeah, pick a number two? You have Ray? Hey, Ray, Eddie. If you need to know the numbers that are.
Speaker 3: Left, I got it, go ahead. Number three.
Speaker 2: That's me, Mike d It's left one, five, six, seven and eight. I'll say one. You have Abby. You've already picked.
Speaker 5: Amy, ray Man.
Speaker 8: They got a number picked crazy?
Speaker 3: Eight?
Speaker 2: Eight, you have Eddie Crap Ray Mundo. You have Scuba Scooba is already on the list. I have Yeah.
Speaker 8: So there's only eight, then that should be nine?
Speaker 2: Did you Oh Morgan? That's Morgan. That's Morgan. That's Morgan. You have Morgan. That's right, that's Morgan. And then there's two left.
Speaker 4: Ray.
Speaker 2: Have you picked a number? There's two left, There's six and seven, and then Abby you'll pick I think you did pick you have Morgan?
Speaker 4: Wait, I have Ray?
Speaker 2: So Ray has me? Also?
Speaker 3: Do you have more?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 2: So you guys have each other happenings. So I have a pick, and Abby has a pick, and I Mike. You can look so you can see what the numbers are. So I'm not a cheating or anything. Abby, you can pick number six or number seven and seven you have Mike d.
Speaker 5: He's the most honest in the world.
Speaker 6: And when he gets that thousand, I'm getting all thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: You don't know that. You don't know that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're gonna have to bring proof of receipt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but here's another rink. Do you have to spend the whole card? I think the option is you don't have to. We'll talk about it. We'll talk about it. These are rules. We're inventing a new.
Speaker 4: Game because you know, if Lunchbucks gets I have him if I get the thousand, So you're saying he could get me something for like twenty bucks and keep.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking that could be a wrinkle. Moregan needs you to draw a bag. You know he will, and then just draw the bag and take it with you. Tell me the number your don't open it. Just tell me the number you're picking. Okay, And so I'm the only one that knows how much that is. I don't want you to look in it. Just give it to Scuba Steve until you get back. Okay, I'm your trip, but we know which one is yours. Your number is nine nine nine, all right, nine, all right, let's do this is uh Fisher. We're gonna play this from the show this morning. Be a partner Hope if you can. Here's Fisher and his mom talking about Fisher went to Saint Jude. I think she was awesome. And we've spent you know, today's show and tomorrow show raising money for the hospital. Because that's what's up. And I we'll just go to the interview now, thanks show and the b team giving Saint you kids the greatest gift Hope.
Speaker 10: Seven eighteen hundred.
Speaker 2: That's the number you can call to become a partner in Hope. We'll get back to that number in a second. The heck, I'll say it again, one eight hundred seven nine five eighteen hundred.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Special guests in studio now Fisher and his mom, Felena and Fisher Holiday Buddy eleven years old. Yeah, so how long you've been eleven exactly? I know, a year a whole. Are you about to have a birthday?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Oh, Simmer nineteenth.
Speaker 2: Let's go. Okay, that's coming up quick. Maybe i'll give you a or someth before you leave. But if you want a present, I don't know what I have, but I can probably got something. Huh. So Fisher has brain cancer?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Had had?
Speaker 3: Okay? Good?
Speaker 2: Because this is why I want your mom. Will you tell me about the process, like how you learned, like the very early on, how you learned Fisher had something like the cancer you later realized it was cancer, But how that happened.
Speaker 7: It started off with just a few random headaches, and it progressed really fast. It went from a few random the next week was every morning. The following week was every morning and every afternoon. And then that following week, on Wednesday, he got sick at school, so they called me to go get him. They thought he had a stomach bug, but when I picked him up, he was like, Mom, this headache. So we went to urgent care, who told us it was a sinus infection. And I was like, he's just not a complainer. So I scheduled him to see his regular pediatrician on the friday. He was passing all of his neurological test. He showed no symptoms of like a balance, inconsistency or anything. So she kind of felt the same that, you know, baby, it is sinuses, give it a couple more days.
Speaker 2: Did you feel that were wrong? Like as a mom, did you feel that they probably didn't have a total grasp.
Speaker 7: Of it in my gut? I don't know. There was just a part of me that was like, something's just not right.
Speaker 3: But I don't know.
Speaker 7: We're just a pretty laid back family, so I didn't throw up any immediate red flags.
Speaker 2: Sure, were the headaches different than like a normal headache? Not really, So there was no reason for you to think other than you'd probably it could have been sinuses or something.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: The only thing that I thought is why am I getting them every day consistently?
Speaker 2: Because you've never had that happen never, So then what do you do after they say sinus infection.
Speaker 7: We were just gonna take them antibotics and give it a couple more days. But on the Saturday we couldn't get the headache to go away. He was miserable. We tried to make a trip to the camp, thinking, you know, if it is migraines that are starting from him kind of getting older, maybe if we distract him.
Speaker 2: What's the camp?
Speaker 7: Our dear camp got him. So we, you know, thought let's get a distraction for the weekend. And on the way there, he was in so much pain that I was like, this is clearly not a sign as headache. We made it there for an hour or two, loaded back up, and had my husband just drop us off at the door of the ere.
Speaker 2: Okay, so they want to know, Okay, you've had headache, and you tell them you went to the urgent care, you went to the doctor. This is what they've said, So what do they do that's different?
Speaker 7: In the lobby, he kind of stumbled and I got a little alarmed, so I went and tell the nurse, like, that's unusual, something's not right. I guess we were just blessed by that nurse. She kind of pushed the issue quick and within about ten minutes we were in the back. He had already had his CT and they were starting an ivy and they had already given him like pain medicine. And within forty five minutes of being there, the doctor came in and told us that he had a mass on his brain and that that was an ambulance waiting for us to be transported.
Speaker 2: What do you remember about that fisher that day, like the hospital and all that, What do you remember?
Speaker 1: All I really remember is getting out of the camper, walking in, going to sleep, and waking up in a room.
Speaker 2: Really and it's gonna be hard to describe the emotion, but when they say there's something on his brain, like, what do you think? As a mom it was.
Speaker 7: Like, I think I was just stunned. There was a part of me, like I said, that had that kind of gut feeling that like something wasn't wrong right, But I never thought that. And it was just so much to take in and it went so fast.
Speaker 2: Where are they taken from there?
Speaker 7: They took him to the Saint Jude affiliate in Baton Rouge. It was about midnight when they got us there.
Speaker 2: And what happens when you arrived there? Do they go to work immediately trying to figure out.
Speaker 7: Why we had doctors waiting already that we're there to talk to us multiple doctors. They already had a game plan, already had him on the schedule for in the morning. What was going to happen. Their goal for that night was just to make sure he stayed comfortable and to get a team together for the morning.
Speaker 2: I imagine you didn't sleep much.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was an unusual feeling, like yesterday. I was looking back because yesterday was one year that we walked into the ere. So like to walk in and read the oncology floor, like you never think, wow, this is going to be me, and you know, my child walking through an oncology floor. So I remember like that night when he was sleeping, it just kept like I just kept replaying when you walk through you know it's that Saint Jude affiliate, but it's the oncology floor, and.
Speaker 2: It had to be like is this even real it?
Speaker 7: I think it took a couple of days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like it's like what because you're right, you never actually picture it being you or even worse, your kid, Like.
Speaker 7: I remember my grandmother my entire life with the Saint Jude kids on her refrigerator because you know she would donate and never in a million years do you think, wow, that might be my kid's picture.
Speaker 2: You know, when do they and what do they tell you, Like the next day or the next couple of days when they can give you more information about it.
Speaker 7: They told us the mass was stable and then he wasn't bleeding or anything. His situation was rather critical because there was so much The pressure that he was holding in his head could have started causing life threatening things like on the spot.
Speaker 2: And that's the headache, the pressure, Yes, of the ten masses, that's the headache. And that's why it hurts so bad.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow, So and I have a lot more I want to get to. But Fisher wearing a cowboy hat there, I saw some signatures. Who is That's what's happening in Sam Hunt? You met Landy Wilson at Sam Mind? Where'd you meet them?
Speaker 1: Laney was the exact day on my last chemo, Sam was. They were both at Saint Jude.
Speaker 2: That's pretty cool. Do you like Lanny? You beg Landy fan?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: She's pretty awesome. So, Okay, here's what we're gonna do here. And by the way, if you're listening and we're gonna talk more about specifically Saint Jude in just a second, you can become a partner and hope and help people like Fisher. You can text one eight hundred seven nine five eighteen hundred. I guess you call that number now, one eight hundred seven nine five eighteen hundred. Call the number We have a phone bank here. People are ready to answer. Nineteen dollars a month to help the kids at Saint Jude fight cancer, because no family receives a bill because of people like you that are listening. One eight hundred seven nine five eighteen hundred. Do you have a favorite Landy Wilson song?
Speaker 1: One of my really good friends that I met there, It was wild Horses and wild Flowers.
Speaker 3: That's a good one.
Speaker 1: She was there in music therapy. They let her make curln songs. She called it a wild ride through radiation, m the.
Speaker 2: Bobby Bones Show and Saint Jude. You guys can become a partner in hope. So I'll give you the number to call, and then I'll give you the number to text later. But the number to call. We have people standing by right now. One eight hundred seven nine to five eighteen hundred. Become a partner in hope nineteen dollars a month and you will help kids at Saint Jude fight cancer. And I don't just say those words, like we have Fisher here who is eleven. He's about to be twelve though, like almost immediately. Hey, life changes when you're twelve. Do you know that? Like you can't even stop your arport here from going. It grows so much you have down to your knees in like a day. Don't you know that?
Speaker 3: Man, don't scare them.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm just saying, twelve is a whole different ballgame. Fisher had brain cancer and we were talking with Flanta, his mom a few minutes ago, and we got to the point where you were at like this Saint judeah Philly and Baton Rouge. At what point did the doctor say, hey, we want to send you to the Saint Jude in Memphis? Like, how does that conversation happen?
Speaker 7: When the they made a game plan that they were going to go ahead and do his first brain surgery to remove the tumor on the front of his brain. They said, we're going to do this, he'll be stable, and then we're going to send everything to Saint Jude and have their team look at it, and then you'll get a better game plan. So we did the surgery the following day and then they told us, oh, you'll have about two weeks before it was holidays, was Thanksgiving break. We were about ten minutes from home and one of their doctors called and said, we need you to turn around. Man, he's you know, he's got one of tumors that's going to cause an issue. He gave us till he said, I need you, you know, on the road by like two am. So do you live in Louisiana?
Speaker 2: So do you start because I think what I would start doing is googling everything about the brain. I mean I'd be an expert the cerebellum, the Surrey room, yes, and probably getting myself in trouble, like learn it you do?
Speaker 7: Yeah, before we had our team conference with the doctors. You know, everybody's like, don't go down that rabbit hole. But as a parent, you can't not because you want to know, you know, how do you fix it? And you do? You read all the things that you probably shouldn't read for his case. His cancer type is it's it's like it's a lot. It can go many different ways. There's all subgroups and subtypes and markers, and you kind of you know, I have no medical background at all.
Speaker 2: And it's the brain, right, it's the brain, which we know nothing. I mean I know nothing about the brain. It's we know nothing, very little about the brain. And so I can understand where a lot of anxiety would set in because of just in general cancer with your kid, yep, but then brain and.
Speaker 7: Then they tell you, like any of the surgeries, we don't know what's going to come out of it, not just the cancer, but what side effects is he going to have? Will he be able to walk again?
Speaker 2: When you get to Saint Jude Fisher in Memphis, what's that like?
Speaker 1: Giant? Very big. Most of the people, all of the people there, they they don't look like they're not happy. Not a day that all was there. No, one's not happy to be there, even if they are inside, they don't show in it at all.
Speaker 2: Such a positive vibe. Yeah, and you get there and like the doctors like, how did they talk to you?
Speaker 1: Pretty calm, collected?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the fact you toward collected at eleven is amazing. I just learned that like last year to say collected. Look at you? So tell me about like the process, like what starts to happen? And how long were you there? Total?
Speaker 1: Two months in twenty three and then we had the break for Christmas that we went back for my birthday in Christmas and then we were there for ten months.
Speaker 2: Right about you're all in Yeah, do you make a lot of friends there. Oh yeah, really yes, a lot of kids that are going through similar things. What do you guys do there for fine?
Speaker 1: I mean around there. Some times you can get free and go places, but most of it they have their second floor.
Speaker 11: It is.
Speaker 1: Been too long, so it's been there. Can't make makerspace. There's music lounge. They have three D printers. They always have like different crafts out every day. They have a wood engraver, vinyl stuff.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of stuff for you do when you say go free, like they don't let you go like Bill Street, hang out.
Speaker 1: Like the put put places.
Speaker 2: We talk a lot about how when people become a partner and hope, which is why we we do these shows, which is why I've done it for years. That the nineteen dollars a month goes to help the kids, that Saint You'd fight cancer, and that families never receive a bill. Can you speak on that never receiving a bill?
Speaker 3: Part of it.
Speaker 7: I can't imagine going through the day to days of keeping track of the medicines or the appointments, or what's working or what's not working, and then on the back end worrying how are we going to pay? You know, it's a lot there, but there's no stress. You're not worried about, you know, simple things of like can we go eat out tonight because that's what he's hungry for. Because they allow you to have your entire focus on your child. I was never worried about you know what, Bill is my husband getting at home? You know, how is this going to affect our family long term? Will we ever come out of it? Because we knew that him being here, not only was he getting taken care of, you know, but that our family was going to be able to keep it together.
Speaker 2: And that's why we encourage you guys that are listening that if you can become a partner and hope, the nineteen dollars makes such a difference. So you can call eight hundred seven nine to five, eighteen hundred. We've got people here waiting. You get the black crew neck sweatshirt. It says Pip and Joy. It's the Bobby Bone Show. So what about whenever you guys did chemo radiation? How long was that and just from knowing other people that have gone through it, it's terrible for everybody involved. How long did you have to do it and how intense was it?
Speaker 7: For him, they chose six weeks of radiation. It was thirty rounds, with twenty being all over and the last ten being aimed directly at the tumors remaining. His cancer was higher risk and it was being aggressive, so they chose to add chemo with that. So every day he woke up and did chemo and then went to do radiation after which you don't see that often with children, and then he got a short break and then we started the hard chemo that was four chemos or three chemos together over a four day span. He would do that, and then as soon as his body showed like it was recovering, they would just start another round.
Speaker 2: At what point did you feel like we are progressing, like we might actually do this.
Speaker 7: I got hopeful when a couple of weeks after radiation ended, they said we were seeing a response, so be hopeful that even though he was stage three, we're seeing a response. So that was probably our first turning point, and I think it was what gave us, you know, something to look forward to and help us through that next couple of months that were pretty hard.
Speaker 2: When did you finish chemo first round or second round? All done? When we were all done the last the last few months. Yeah, did you do it? You ring a bell?
Speaker 1: I know what.
Speaker 7: He was very upset over.
Speaker 1: No, I saw a video of it and the second it was done, where's my belt?
Speaker 5: Exactly?
Speaker 2: How did it feel to finish it?
Speaker 1: Amazing? I got to go do the things with my friends that I've always done.
Speaker 2: That's the best part about being home and not haven't worry about that anymore. What's your favorite memory from being at Saint Jude. There's a lot, Give me a couple. There are no wrong answers here.
Speaker 1: I mean meeting Sam uh, probably meeting a lot of my friends there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty cool. How they keep that environment huh Like it kind of sucks, I want to be honest. That why people are there. But it's such a positive place with everyone that is there. What would you tell another kid Fisher that's listening right now, if they're starting to go through something like this.
Speaker 1: You you're the one that knows what to say.
Speaker 2: I'm done. If one of your friends would any case, they're like, what worry about? Yeah, what would you say?
Speaker 1: Nothing to worry about?
Speaker 2: Like Saint Jude's got you. Yeah, that's awesome. What would you say, Oh, you know, it's great. I just keep thinking about that you're the magnet on the fridge or like your grandma's fridge, that of saint you kids.
Speaker 7: It's hard even now we get home and I've gotten too since we've been home, and it's kids that we met that were living in the same housing as us, you know.
Speaker 2: That are now on like them. Yes, and its pictures.
Speaker 7: It's the most unusual feeling, but like it hurts your heart to see them and then realize, you know, like it's not just a picture, like it was a kid we met and we played outside and drove remote controls with or and there's just no way for people to know that kid's story, you know.
Speaker 2: And to a lot of parents out there, I would say most to think, wow, this probably will never happen to me. I mean that was that was you who thought like that's what never happened to you? This just happens in like on TV abs. But it did. And if someone's listening now, they're thinking about it being a partner in hope, like what would you what would you ask them that you.
Speaker 7: Please consider this. There's no way to describe watching your child go through the treatment that they need, but not having to worry about. If you can pay for what's going to save their life. I will forever be grateful for that.
Speaker 2: So if you're listening now, you can text the word Bobby to seven eight five eight three three, click the link from Saint Jude to donate. That link is okay to click. If you text the word Bobby which is my name, to seven eight five eight three three, you'll get a link from Saint Jude. Click the link, fill it out. For nineteen bucks a month, you can help kids like Fisher at Saint Jude fight cancer. Another great thing is any of the research they do, they share it openly and freely with everybody, every hospital, everyone. So even if you know you're you're you're not at Saint Jude and you're at a hospital somewhere else, like that research that these you know people are listening to become partners up with their funding. It goes out to help other kids all around the country. So for sure, you're a pretty cool kid. You never know some kids aren't that cool. You're pretty cool, man, I got admit, you're pretty cool. Have birthday.
Speaker 1: Thank you pretty cool.
Speaker 2: We'll get to be twelve.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 2: Remember the arm pit here thing? You are the odorant? Okay, good because some kids don't wear the odor it because they're like my arm pets don't sneak yet. But like now it's time. I'm just gonna be that guy. I'm gonna be your friend and let you know, like it'sign shot wearing the odorant, even if it doesn't smell that bad. But not too much cologne. Do you have work alone?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, my brother.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so you know what it's like. You know what the too much?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, cologne? Yes, extremely strong and you're only supposed.
Speaker 2: To like one little one. What's he doing? How old is he?
Speaker 1: He's fourteen?
Speaker 2: Okay, he like.
Speaker 1: Holds it down.
Speaker 2: You have an example, then we can do a little clone, but don't do the holding it down. I feel like you're a smart guy.
Speaker 3: You got this.
Speaker 4: You can spray it and then walk through it.
Speaker 2: And only once and only on special occasions, mostly deodorant. But then if it's like, you know, yeah, something, you do a look alone, big day, big up here, maybe a look long. You know, I don't I know ever work long. Okay, so this is every day for you, though I know it's ply pretty special, like to me, people like you. This is pretty cool for me, pretty cool day for me. You're out there, you're listening. Now, become a partner and hope the number one eight hundred, seven nine to five, eighteen hundred, or text the word Bobby to seven eight five eight three three. Thank you guys for coming up. You have made such a difference. I know you may just be thinking by your stopping by this goofballs show, but like you have made such a difference in being up here sharing your story, and I think this and people hearing this, I mean, will be the version of somebody singing on a refrigerator and one day there you know, you know, the world works in weird ways. All right, Fisher, I'm gonna be watching for you. What do you want to do when you grow up? What's the deal?
Speaker 1: I'm hoping to either exceed my dream and be a professional uh not motocross in duro racer.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't know. I know motocross. I don't know what enduro is. It's is it like long time riding a bike for like hours and days.
Speaker 7: Like racing through the woods.
Speaker 2: Oh, like cross country running but for motorcycles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but motocross is track see everything, and it's only for like five minutes. My races are the younger kid, it's like twenty minutes races do I do? It's like forty five minutes.
Speaker 2: The wins compared to do you keep going? Yeah, you got this, so that's what you want to do. Yeah, you have a bike. One time my friend had a mopad I got on it. You don't mopad is it's like a wingie bike.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wrecked it like five minutes, fell over immediately, never got on it again. So I'm scared of those. You're you're a bigger dude than I am. Uh Okay, Fisher, you're the man flying to Thank you so much. Everybody out there. Become a partner in hope if you can. If you can't afford it right now, we totally get it. If you can, you look up for a reason to help change lives. One eight hundred seventy nine five eighteen hundred and we'll be back.
Speaker 5: Wakey, wakey, eggs and baky.
Speaker 2: It's time for the Bobby Bones pre show. Here's your host, Bones, that's on me. You weren't ready, No, it wasn't that. I think I explained it to Ray wrong. Oh yeah, I think I explained it to keep us up. I think I explained it to Rayrong. Did anybody hear my explanation? I said, just do a normal intro. Okay, that's what I thought, And I think Ray thought normal intro was pre show. I met regular morning show because we're doing two shows, right, we have the Saint Jude Show, and some of our a Philliates can't carry the Saint Jude Show. And also I want our podcast listeners to have content for today as well, and so I was not as descriptive as I should have been. I said, Ray, give me the normal Bobby Bone Show morning intro that they hear at the front of the podcast. I think what Ray heard was give me the morning the pre show, so you know what that's on me? You know it sounded great. I was confused.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I hit it, hit it, transmitting.
Speaker 2: Alisa, Hey, welcome to Thursday show morning Studio Mine. Okay, so we're doing the Saint Jude radiothon. That's not this show. This is gonna be content that we would have done had we not done the Saint Jude Radiothon. But we appreciate every single partner and hope we'll give you a chance to be a partner and hope in this as well, because we kind of hang our hats on this. We're very passionate about it, and we hope you guys, for nineteen bucks a month can be a partner in Hope. I can actually give you the number and then I got a lot of stuff to talk about. But if you want to text and be a partner in Hope, which you can all the way through Sunday, I think you can text the word Bobby to seven eight five eight three three, and so become a partner in Hope. Text the word Bobby to seven eight five eight three three. You get a Pimp and Joy sweatshirt that's made just for today. You you really do. It does help. I mean parents don't pay bills. There are no bills for travel or housing or food and so more of that to come. But we are very passionate about it. We spend two days you know, of the show doing it. So if you can become a partner, and I hope that would be awesome. I'd like to say, avn't had a meal in three days, Emmy, aal meal, And I say that a little southern. I've had a stomach bug for about three days, and I'm like sixty percent better, which is great because you know how amy when you're sick for a long time and then you finally are just a little less sick, You're like, oh, llelujah, I feel great, like run a marathon, like it feels so good. And so there's a bit whenever I like push to talk. We were doing like commercials and stuff, and you got to have a little more umph, little energy. I had to pause and be like, ooh, I might throw up, or am I puma pants?
Speaker 3: That'd be terrible.
Speaker 2: It will be terrible. Not too good to say. It's happened before and recently so but I'm feeling pretty good. But I avn't had a real meal in three days. Crackers that type thing.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, stuff that you can keep down.
Speaker 2: But I only say that now because I'm starting to feel better, which is awesome.
Speaker 4: What do you think is going to be your first meal?
Speaker 3: Why'd you say it like that meal?
Speaker 4: That's why I say I.
Speaker 2: Didn't think anything weird about it. People make fun of me mual because it's like two syllables and it's like I am straight from the cement pond. At the Beverly Hill Bellies.
Speaker 3: You're saying, like mill.
Speaker 2: Meal anyway, I don't know, It'll be something light and.
Speaker 4: Tight, you know, I don't know if you're craving something.
Speaker 2: No, I have no need to eat anything, like I don't want to eat anything I need to. But it's like I'm not even hungry when I woke up this morning, Like I have my first whole thing first of all, like a bagel type thing, sourdo bagel, and my wife got me.
Speaker 4: Oh, that reminds me I'm gonna get picking up sourdough bread.
Speaker 9: Today that didn't sit very well or what it's the talking, it's like the oh gosh.
Speaker 4: Let me speak for you. So you you got the.
Speaker 2: Bag that came out, So I got it, and.
Speaker 4: Let's guess, let's finish this.
Speaker 2: I'm just ready to be hungry because when I'm hungry, my body is healing. I'm ready to my body be like I'm starving.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 2: Uh So you're doing chicken middle sup? Yeah, hackers and had a little soup, but the chick you know, I don't want to talk about a six yes, but no broth for the most part, A little ginger ale, little orange juice, all the stuff that really doesn't matter, but our grandmas made us think that when we were young. So, but there was no post show yet, there's nothing.
Speaker 3: Yesterday.
Speaker 2: I did the show and then I left because I was I should have worked from home and worked from the studio at home. That was my bad. But I did it, showed up, almost put my pants but didn't. Got that got out of here good that you didn't feeling good here today?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 2: Do you want to put James on? Is James still on the phone?
Speaker 10: You know?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 5: Are you talking? Did he hang up?
Speaker 2: Put him on hold?
Speaker 3: You guys?
Speaker 2: A James James calls the voicemail all time? Oh yeah, James in what state? Everybody?
Speaker 5: Virginia?
Speaker 2: And yeah, that's right. Can you put them on? Hey James, Hey, Bobby, what's up? Buddy?
Speaker 10: You're awesome. You're awesome before you met even before you met Caitlin, you've been such just you don't have any children yet or even even a lady, you know, wife at that point, but you've always been so supportive of the children. But so, yeah, I'm trying to arrange to get one of them. Pimp and Joy And by the way, it always sounds like Pimp and Joy, but it's actually Pimp and p I m p a n Joy arrange to get well one of the sweatshirts.
Speaker 3: But what do you want?
Speaker 2: What I want? What do you just tell us what you want? I'm running the show here. What do you want?
Speaker 10: Well, just a large Saint Jud's and a large Pimp and Joy and then I am going to contribute, huh.
Speaker 2: I get them both for you.
Speaker 1: All.
Speaker 10: Hey, y'all are awesome. I love the buy Ball family and I was telling Scuba, y'all just have an awesome family team. I really mean that, and y'all personified that because I came down to Jackson's Good Time Bar and grow when Abby made her debut the show showed up.
Speaker 8: He drove ten hours. Dude, he drove ten hours to come to the show.
Speaker 2: He's like, legit support him. I think James we like trying to set her up with them from Abby. Yeah, Hi, he.
Speaker 8: Kept his distance.
Speaker 5: Let him tell you what he did.
Speaker 10: Well, her co worker chat. I went to the bathroom at the end of the show and Abby there was a side table, and I guess Amy and maybe Shatira and Stevenson were I didn't look because I was there to make sure somebody showed up. And I told Scooba about my school girlfriend and she drew up pre New yeary party and nobody showed up. But she got so trashed, so we didn't get to go to any of the other events because she was so done. But uh about that, what happened? What happened if nobody shows up? That's why I grow to make sure that somebody was there. And I and I teddy what awesome awful parents were there. But her mother's best friend was because I met her because I sit next to I know the story about all of y'all, but I'd love That's why I call it the Bondball Family Show, because you're always so enthusiastic and you give so much wisdom, But you really are a family. Y'all really care about each other sometimes.
Speaker 2: But that's a real family.
Speaker 3: We're family.
Speaker 5: We want to kill it.
Speaker 2: We want to kill each other. To any of these shows, you here like they're all friends all the time, best friend, best friend. That's they're full of crowd. They don't even like each other in real life. And the and these shows you hear podcasts they fight with each other on and then they come back the next day. I mean, isn't that what family is? Yes, you want to punch them in the freaking head, But then you're.
Speaker 4: Like, I guess, tell us how you really feel?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, hey, you can this way too.
Speaker 9: No, for sure, but if you're like on the side of the road or the flat tire, will go help you, for sure.
Speaker 4: Uh, Eddie, say what you want to say. If you need a kidney, you'll give it.
Speaker 3: You give your kidne.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, James, I think we'll make sure we have your addressed stuff. We'll just send you a whole bunch of stuff. We appreciate you call and appreciate you being a part of the career. Buddy. We feel like whenever you leave a voicemail or you call, we love it. So please don't stop.
Speaker 10: Okay, Hey, can I tell you the ultimate? Tell me something good?
Speaker 2: I would love to hear it.
Speaker 10: I mean, I lived, it's my life. January twenty nineteen. I was I was fine, felt fine, but I was installing a rural mailbox at the wrong house on the wrong street. My brain obviously wasn't getting up oxygen, and uh so I flopped over and if I'd been on the right street, at the right house, my anonymous guardian Angel would not have been driving by and saw me flop over, and apparently she started CPR, got hold. I call the second first responders aka the Fort Washington Hospital, shout out our Fort Washington Rescue squad team and when they got to me, my heart was beating one or two times a minute. So they got me in the rescue mobile and they're raising me the Fort Washington Hospital and along the way they had to zapp me three times and they're racing me through their murgency room door and I flatlined on them and flatlined thirty three minutes. But the medical teams, the professionalism and the coordination amongst all of them. Fort Washington Hospital knew that with their staff that I was way above their capabilities saved my life. They already had a METAVAC on the way, so they got me on life support and airbacked me. Met it BacT me to Menstall Washington d C. I was on life support there nine days. They ran brain scans and brought me back to life and I didn't come out for uh. That was on the age. I came back started to come back to on twenty four and I got released on my fifty seventh birthday four days later, and uh, but there's more to the rest of the story, or there is a rest of the story. So I flopped over and one of the spectators, one of the neighbors, my HIC was parked in front of driveway. So she found it, you know, proper to move it, and found one of my business cards. So I'm a small company. I only had three but work with me. Their names are me and myself and I. So if me or I, don't do it. But she called that number and uh, you know, obviously that's just going to go to voicemail and uh, but she had the perseverance and the competency and thought the solution to the problem. Didn't think the problem. The problem's already there, but she thought the solution. That's why I came up with that line. Have a problem, think the solution. So what she did was she googled my company. And because I bought my home from my sister fifteen years prior and never had a landline, my sister's number was still associated with to her old address, and that's how my family found out.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, oh my god, crazy, because otherwise, yeah, they wouldn't have known where he was.
Speaker 2: And so what you're saying too, is that your this was going to happen to you regardless, like physically, You're body was going to give out, And had you been at the other place where you were supposed to be that person that did all this work, would not have been there to have seen you fall over and then follow through like that.
Speaker 10: I come from a very Catholic family. Four of my five ants for Catholic nuns. My fifth one never took her final vow because she took care of my grandmother was utterly. Bishop Soulvan of Richmond is my second cousin. I guess that's the way we're always put told. My my father's brother married Bishop Soulsan's sister, So I don't know if that's second cousin, but that's out the math let. Two of my aunts are buried at Saint Mary's across from their dame, and so is one of our close family friends, sister John Frederick. And if you've never been to the granit another game. I'm telling you it's the most humbling experience in my entire life. I mean it is, so it's just it's so warm and humbling and just awesome. But I don't know, but I don't have the five Bow family. But that is that's my love story. And and you know, my favorite county is PG County. I live across the river. I caught unfair tax County. It's Philly Fairfax County. I'm caught unfair tax. That's a probably. Well, it's the wealthiest black community in America. These are the night I don't My father's like, what are you doing working over there? Don't you read the paper, don't you watch the news? I said, Dad, I don't work in a partner the townhouses. I work at single family homes. And Dad, I'm telling you, these are the most kindest, nicest, most grateful, god fearing people. So anyway, I was living with my father last three and a half years of his life, and uh, and I was working over in PG County. And this is uh way back in two thousand and two thousand and one. I've been in business six years and always you know, just I'm just telling you, it's an awesome community. So annyway up, all these people would mail their checks to me, and they always had a post it note or a thank you card, and it was all PG County. And my dad's referring to my mail as my love letters. And yep, and I'm telling you what I'm color brod. And I know your show is as well. I know how close you are to like Kane Brown and Various Rucker and and Amy with you know, a gospel.
Speaker 2: Now we understand, I know, we understand what you're saying. Unless we can't, we eventually have to move on to something else here, but we really appreciate that. I also like in real life from color blind. But also I'm not colorblind, Like I do see color. And I think every everybody that does a different color of skin, you know, it goes through different things. And you know, someone goes, oh, I don't see color. I kind of think that's a lie. I do see color, and I do understand people go through different things because of how they were born and what they were born into. But I do understand your sentiment, and I also agree with your sentiment. But that that's crazy, that the whole, the whole crazy. I'm glad we give James some space here air.
Speaker 4: That out his own personal tell me something good.
Speaker 2: A great listener and a great caller, and we've never.
Speaker 4: Spent one day one day, one day I want him to call and leave us a voicemail about why he was doing the wrong mailbox. I know that that worked out in his favor, but you know, we have stories sometimes where people, you know, throw a wrecking ball into the wrong house and it's like whoop. See I mean a male you know, how do you make the what was the mix up? You know?
Speaker 2: Well, sometimes they can't. They reckon ball the wrong house. Yes, yeah, that's what I'm saying. Did you say that? Yeah, it's ready. Get text from somebody saying this is a long call.
Speaker 4: When you said that, well that's why I said to call back and leave us.
Speaker 2: I know, sorry, I wasn't.
Speaker 9: I'd also like a voicemail to see like what happened when he would flatline for thirty minutes?
Speaker 3: Like what did he see? Great?
Speaker 2: Leave James, buddy, We're going to send you that stuff. Thank you for listening, and we'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 10: Okay, man, Hey, take care of both family team, and take care of the children. They're just fighting for their laugh. And uh. The other thing is you can say, Bob because you've never been a father, but you've always been supportive of Saint dudes, and like you know, I'm an uncle many times though, But well, actually I have a great uncle and a couple of years from now, assuming the Lord gets me extra time, more exercise, I'll be a great great uncle because uh, I come for a very Catholic family, very small plan. But I'll tell you what, Uh they're breeding like well, mate, been breeding pretty quick my whole life.
Speaker 2: Look, we can do a whole hour with James, I feel pretty easily. I definitely wanted to give James room to stretch out and talk to us a little bit. Don't want to be rude, but I do have to move on, James. But we we really appreciate you. We're going to send you some stuff.
Speaker 10: Okay, buddy, all right, take care of the family, your pop bone family, take care of the children.
Speaker 4: But oh, y'all, thanks James.
Speaker 10: James.
Speaker 2: By the fact they drove ten hours to make sure Abby didn't have a party by herself, amazing. That's why that guy gets to talk for fifteen minutes. And let's just sit back and listen.
Speaker 4: And it's like you never know the gain of something that happens, like when it's rough. But like Abby benefited from his this guy's James's girlfriend's party that she's party two years back where nobody showed up and she drank too much. Like then that that benefited Abby.
Speaker 2: I always like people started to call 'm my black friends too, just to be like, I know you like black people. Let me list out your black friends. And I have more black friends than that, but you know, yeah I can, and I'm like, you know, yeah, yeah, I don't any I don't think he was doing it from home at all. I think he was just like you like everybody. And I always think it's funny when it's like here's one, here's your one.
Speaker 9: Did think you're talking about your eye's eyes?
Speaker 3: Me too?
Speaker 2: Color blind? And I'm like, I am that color bloe. But I just want to state I'm not colorblind toward what people go through being different from different places and different races, like uh yeah, yeah, I always love onen. Some'th like a listen black friends. They forgot Charlemagne, they forgot I got like nine others. But there's ever a complete list. We can want to do that.
Speaker 4: I'm odd.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I meant.
Speaker 2: I got lots of Mexican friends too. We need to do that.
Speaker 3: We go down that.
Speaker 2: I'm forty okay, man, I had so I had a huge list to get to of stuff.
Speaker 4: Real.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you? Could you guys hear Scoopa say that or just thank you? I do want to talk about stealing. We can't. And I know it's nobody here, but I'll burn the building down if people start stealing from this office. People are taking stuff from my office, which there's no I don't put a lot in there. Because of the last building we were in, people stole like good stuff, meaning it doesn't matter if they're still bad stuff. I'm still pissed, but they still like I had. For example, I've known Laney Wilson since before she had a record deal, and she had written this real nice thing and it was like, you know, once artist, if I've had a relationship with them, or if like help them or whatever. And she definitely didn't need my help. And I'm not saying that, but I'm saying like I was a big supporter early, early, early, and we had to do show, a million dollar show with us, and so she wrote this thing about ever somebody stole it out of my office. That was just one of many things like that was valuable to me because that has like sentimental value. How could I get Landy to sign something tomorrow. Yeah, but that's that's the point of it. So we started like somebody, sy'll raise hot pockets, Oh yeah from the freezer. Yeah, even better, Brazer. That was a little different. If anybody starts, if we I'll burn the building down. Don't if it's good. But what do we know.
Speaker 8: I'm not really sure what's happening, but I sent an email to two important people that says the water is gone in our green green room. The fridge was stocked on Monday, and we had a pack in the cabinet. Now nothing. It's not just about the water disappearing, it's the principle of it. Someone came into the green you said, yeah, yeah, someone came in my office the ground. Yeah, well, no one stole from your office this time.
Speaker 4: Well, the green room is.
Speaker 8: The greenom is still our space. That's why I said, this is our space open though. Yeah, but it doesn't matter. You shouldn't walk in someone's your desk and just start taking your pencils.
Speaker 2: It's just a little easier to if a place is wide open, and.
Speaker 4: You're only going to burn it down if it's your office.
Speaker 2: Because it's locked, someone has to get in there with a key and has to know somebody that's different.
Speaker 8: But no one stole from your office this time.
Speaker 2: If I'll just say this about the green room, if like you work in this building, they shouldn't take anything of ours. There's a wide open community refrigerator. I'll probably take water two from that. I'll be honest.
Speaker 4: The green room is not a community refrigerator.
Speaker 2: But it's wide open.
Speaker 8: There's a community fridge in.
Speaker 2: Over here in the green rooms open and there's a water and there. I'll probably wouldake one of those. I wouldn't burn it down for that.
Speaker 8: You had to take all the waters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, that sucks one bottle, sure, take the case.
Speaker 8: My point is like and a full fridge.
Speaker 2: Let's just it's the whole case.
Speaker 3: The whole case.
Speaker 2: They're thirsty they need now, I'm sympathetic to their problem. Just ask them office. It totally switches. Yeah, we can't have stealing here. I want to I'll not come in. You heard me say it. If people start stealing, I'll just work from home for the rest of my life.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm. Okay, okay, And.
Speaker 2: That's up to you guys to figure out what you're.
Speaker 3: Doing and deal with that.
Speaker 2: If they sold the whole case, that's a dirty dog. It's somebody's like taking a water too. That's not a big deal from like the mate from that area.
Speaker 4: But a whole case isn't a matter of three days, all right, it's a lot of water.
Speaker 2: I feel like this is all interrvial so far. But what isn't about our show?
Speaker 9: I will say though, Like I walked by one of the conference rooms and they had these nice tumblers that said iHeartMedia on it and now I thought about getting one, but good thing I didn't because they had a meeting right after that for all those people.
Speaker 4: They were laid out for people in the meeting community.
Speaker 3: But I did think about it.
Speaker 2: It sounds like community to me.
Speaker 4: Okay, don't see, there was a meeting the other day. That room was so full of people and I was like.
Speaker 2: Who, I don't even know who they were?
Speaker 4: All they were yesterday? No I met the dentist. This is different. This was like, I don't know. They looked like they worked here doing.
Speaker 8: Something there renting space. They rent out space or lett people use space to work in office. It's the thing I guess in larger cities where you.
Speaker 4: Can use space boardroom sharing.
Speaker 8: It's almost like that we work, but a version of that where it's like, hey, come by with my wife, for example in San Francisco.
Speaker 4: Figured out, figured it out, we work. Okay, this all makes sense now because I feel like I've seen most people that work in our office.
Speaker 2: Got microphones and a board recording.
Speaker 4: Okay, this totally you know, it's like shared work space.
Speaker 9: But I saw that show, and that show is awesome, Like we worked was cool. They had parties and stuff.
Speaker 4: I mean the documentary that was or the as scripted.
Speaker 2: Show'll show with dared Leto Let's take a while, went right and then came back.
Speaker 4: What do they call that when it's a it's a real shop.
Speaker 3: A biopic?
Speaker 4: Is that what it's called.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, okay, biopic. We got we got other stuff to do, real stuff to do. You yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm good. Oh I'm a seventy five percent here, but I'm good.
Speaker 4: Oh no, you've already gone up fifteen percent because earlier sixty.
Speaker 3: James did that.
Speaker 2: Let's do and what we're gonna do to just everybody knows. I know we're live on the stream right now, but we're gonna put this as the second half of the podcast that goes up today. Okay, Scooba, when we put them this as a whole podcast, yes, but this is the second half. It's to the first half because we're gonna break in a minute. Okay, but we'll put this in the second half because we got like stuffed. Do we need to do that? Really? Put this at the front.
Speaker 8: I see what we're saying. Yes, I know where you're going with this.
Speaker 2: Thank you, let's go, Ray give me voicemare number four days?
Speaker 11: What up? Bobby Bones? I left you a voicemail about a month ago about going to rehabbing Man, Do I sound silly being like I'm going for this person and I'm doing it for this Hell no, my mind was changed very quickly. I am healing myself by myself, for myself, and the rest is yet to come. In love, y'all, I made it.
Speaker 2: Oh well, I don't know how I feel about that. But first of all, death sounds twelve in this clip? Does it death sound very young?
Speaker 3: Does a woman got it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I thought, is there a young boy or a woman?
Speaker 5: But she sounds very excited?
Speaker 2: Played the original for me.
Speaker 11: Hello, Boby Bones.
Speaker 13: I'm currently taking off on a six hour drive to the mental health facility in Denver, Colorado, my last chance to save my family. I struggled with addiction and mental health. My whole life is wondering if you could tell my wife Jessica that I love her and I'm going to miss her and I'm doing this for her. And this was the most gangs three I've ever done. I love you, guys, and you're gonna get me through this.
Speaker 2: Thank you sounds more adult there because she's crying, I think, and she also mentions wife, which is you have to be adult.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 2: I don't like the first voicemail at all. I know you guys are like a good I don't like it at all. Why do you know how hard it is to do it by yourself?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I think what she's saying now, she went, she went, she's out, she spent her days there, and she's saying, because you encourage. What happened was she sent that note and then you said, hey, look, I know that you're saying you're doing this for your wife, but you need to do it for yourself. And this is her follow up message, saying, like, because that's so true, Like if you're going to get sober, it has to be for yourself. It can't be for anybody else, or it may not stick.
Speaker 2: Can I hear that one again? Then the first one?
Speaker 11: What up, Bobby Bones? I left you a voicemail about a month ago about going to rehabing. Man, Do I sound silly being like I'm going for this person? I'm doing it for this Hell No, my mind was changed very quickly. I am healing myself by myself, for myself, and the rest is yet to come. In love, y'all, I made it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she made it through the program. So she went to Denver, she made it out, and I think quickly there she learned, Oh, I need to be doing this for myself.
Speaker 3: Got it.
Speaker 4: Nobody can do this for me, So I've got to do it by myself and for myself.
Speaker 2: But obviously I just buy myself is where I got.
Speaker 4: I see how that's confusing, But I just remembered what you told her after the first voicemail was what which was that, Yeah, that's great you're wanting to do this, but do this for yourself, because she was like, I'm doing it for my wife and it's yeah, it has to be for yourself.
Speaker 2: Then that's awesome. Yeah, because my initial actually you can't do it by yourself.
Speaker 4: Correct like correct, you need support, but which it seems like she got the support, and that's when she also quickly realized that, oh, I can't do this for I mean, sure you want, you want to sober up for your family, that makes sense, but at the end of the day, it has to be for you.
Speaker 2: That's why I wish today we're Thanksgiving, why, because I'm thankful for you to set me straight on that problem.
Speaker 3: Walked right into that it can be Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: No, it can't be. Sure a few days ago anything.
Speaker 4: You practicing gratitude as you doing your Thanksgiving, so that's what you call it.
Speaker 2: You don't have to have turkey and all that, though, But I haven't had a meal in a few days, so.
Speaker 3: That's why you're saying this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's all. Hey, look, I just root for you to have the support that you need. This is one of those situations, just from dealing with personal experience, that you need support, and I hope you got it, and I hope you have it, and I hope you are doing it for you, because then you will be doing it for everybody else like it can you're doing, you'll be doing it for you and it will affect everybody else. I should say, great, I'm glad Amy interpreted that because I did not interpret that correctly. Okay, let's see what else.
Speaker 9: That first voicemail is tough to hear though. Man's just driving there.
Speaker 2: And I really hope that's what happened. That's what she did. I want to say that about cursing. Somebody had DM me said there hear me curse on them like a podcast or something. I didn't, But I don't care. Like cursing to me is not bad. I want people to understand something about me and not cursing. I haven't cursed in my definition of cursing in I don't know, seven eight years at this point. I don't not curse because I think cursing is bad. I don't not curse because there are certain disciplines I like to have inside of me to just stay sharp, and there are things if I like pissing off people like well that's curse word, yeah, but to you. But I don't not curse because I think there is something inherently wrong with a word I like to. So if I curse, big deal, I don't care. I like when people don't curse I'm like, White, why don't you curse your little whim. I don't curse because when I was writing kids books and I was doing a bunch of comedy and I was writing, even doing this show, we don't curse in the studio. So I was like, I'm just gonna discipline myself to not say any curse words. And the curse words, to me are the ones that would get me fine. By the FCC, the S word, the F word, the C word. That's a tough one, and that's that's not even really a curse word. She's a nasty one.
Speaker 4: Oh that's the worst.
Speaker 2: That's a nasty one. Those to me, that's cursing. And it's not because I feel like not cursing makes me better or more in favor in God's eyes in any way whatsoever. Because I think a sound is just a sound. Oh got the word, And with that, I would compare it to this. If I say the F word and I say it, that's a sound. If I were to travel to Pakistan or Paris, or to somebody who doesn't speak place it doesn't speak English, I don't know English, and I say that same word, it means nothing to them.
Speaker 3: There's nothing.
Speaker 2: No, I'm saying, they don't speak English, so it doesn't matter what the word is. Let me just go for a second. So you can say any curse word in English if they don't understand another language. To them, that's just a sound, the same way they would say a word in Mandarin and we wouldn't know what that was, just a sound. So there is nothing inherently bad about a sound. But if I went to a country that did not speak English and I stole, well, there is something inherently bad about stealing or killing or like. Those are actually bad things that, regardless of boundaries of where you live language culture, like those are bad regardless. Words are just words. I feel like I'd say every sound. I could say every curse word ever, and it makes me know better or worse than anybody else that's anywhere near me or far from me. So if I do happen to say a curse word, which I haven't, I don't give a because it's not about that. It literally is not about me. I don't care. I'm doing a moral thing. People that claim moral are often the opposite because the people that live moral don't have to claim moral. It's like, you know who is the meanest in my Instagram comments or TikTok comment and not TikTok so much, but Instagram comments or uh, Twitter or Facebook people that publicly proclaim Bible verses in there or only loving the next person next to me. You don't need to say that stuff if you're living that stuff. So whenever someone is like I heard him curse, he said a hypocrite. No, I'm a hypocrite. I curse all day if I want to. I don't think it makes me better or worse than you. Probably probably worse than you anyway. But there's no way you curse though. There's no way. Oh I know my version of course. But to some people, like say, pizzing off is curse or.
Speaker 4: Did the d d I s kay.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you've said, well, I won't talk about that as a human body part, but I'm like that dude is such a dick, Like I don't feel like that. Also, that's not about That's not a curse word to me. It could be a word that is.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say around a kid. I wouldn't be like lunch box in a car with that these kids, right, like you know, like I would never say that around a kid, But I don't consider that to be a curse word to me, so therefore I don't say it because it's a self discipline right. The same thing with the P word. I would never refer to a woman's body part, but if somebody is like a whimp every once, so I'll be like, why you minchedja posy? Come on? But I but I would say, there's a different I would never refer to a guy's body part as that with a D word, or a woman's body part as that was but.
Speaker 4: Unattractive.
Speaker 2: But I'm just showing there's no rationale to this. There are no rules that I'm right or wrong about. I'm living by my standards that I've set myself and everybody else can suck. I'm just kidding. But but yeah, that's that's the deal. So I got to tell DM about it. It was like, you say you don't curse, but we heard you say the f R and I'm like, no, you didn't. First of all, no chance, there's no.
Speaker 4: Chance, no chance.
Speaker 2: Secondly, who cares. I wouldn't say it on the air because I don't want to get the fine by the sec.
Speaker 9: Well, like, could you go into like a board meeting like in a company and be.
Speaker 2: Like, all right, here's the deal, like yes, something or human like a human.
Speaker 3: I feel like automatically they'd be like whoa, WHOA.
Speaker 4: Well, it depends on It's on the culture.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: It depends on the culture that's set early. It's just like even had football coaches. There are some that are f F f F and that's the culture, and there are some that are exactly the opposite of that. Or I would say, let's let's not use bad words, let's use demeanor. If we're ever after a show and I just start screaming at everybody, and I'm like, what would that tell you about me that day? Amy? If I if I'm so mad and I'm just yelling at at I'm just gonna say you, I've never yelled at you, but I'm just saying if I'm like, but I'm yelling, what would you.
Speaker 4: Think I based on your demeanor? I would think something is wrong with you. It's really bad. Like also like maybe like I don't know, we need to check him in somewhere, like something totally off if you're screaming or yelling, because that's not the way.
Speaker 2: You or somebody here did something that was completely detrimental to what the entire our world is that we built, and it must be something so severe it's never happened. I have never just yelled at anyone. I've never, but if I did, it would be like I'm not okay or something is really not okay here, right, one of the two things something to a level. So I would also think if you go into a boardroom and there's a boardroom, when we have been in boardrooms, we work here one day and all of a sudden he's got bordroom.
Speaker 4: Hey, I like going in there. Sometimes I'm like, oh, I don't know when I'm working.
Speaker 2: On sitting there, like imagine this if a CEO who doesn't all of a sudden it's like we gotta f and do this, and you're like, oh, this is serious today, yes, like way more than ever before.
Speaker 4: Well, if you're saying it like that, if you were to say that, I'd be like, okay, he means business. But if you're like going off and angry, then that would be weird.
Speaker 2: Because it's same same because the culture has been said of what you don't do. So when the culture is shifted to where it never is, something is really off. Either the person or the situation, and it's got to be fixed right. And the person could be the person saying it, or the person receiving it, or the situation of everyone involved. Anyway, it makes me want to curse, just to start cursing, to piss everybody off. I only do it for me. I don't do it for anybody else. I don't do it to be like, oh, he doesn't curse. I do it because I'm like, I don't want to slip up in a situation. Or when I was writing a lot of jokes, be able to use that as a crutch for humor. That's where a lot of it came from, because man, you could be so funny with the effort. It's it's the funniest word. Yeah, And I was like, I don't want to do that. It's also very therapeutic, and I wanted to work completely clean, so I could. I could do private because they pay a ton of money when a company brings you out to tell jokes to a thousand workers at X company. So that's what it is. So f off everybody.
Speaker 9: What's funny is like my wife and I don't curse obviously around our kids. But the second we're alone, we're sailors all of a sudden, it's so weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Lunchbox walks a very fine line though, of doing it close to the door, and at times you can almost hear it in here. And that's why we don't. We don't. Nobody's allowed to curse in this room at all.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a no no in this room.
Speaker 4: I know that we're not even close on air, just.
Speaker 2: In case the implications of it being on the air. So there's no cursing here. But that's also not a moral thing. That's a we don't want to go to to SCC jail.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but lunchwgs, do you cuss on your kids?
Speaker 5: I'm not on purpose? Well no, but your kid, my kid, you know he knows how to use.
Speaker 1: Some of them.
Speaker 2: Okay, imagine you're saying they slip out.
Speaker 6: Yea, that happens like you drop somethe on your foot.
Speaker 5: It's hard to say, Oh, oh, I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't really let it slip out, mrmay Kit. I mean, I guess I have accidentally, But the other day I used one intentionally because I needed to You needed to know I meant business and I was dead serious about what I was saying, and I added it in and I even said, yeah, you heard me say that, because it needs you to know how serious I am.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean it would be like if I came in and we're like, what the you guys be like, Oh, like something real.
Speaker 4: Bad to happen, and yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, soire's what we're gonna do. Because this we just like half an hour, We're gonna have to break for a few minutes, so we're gonna go off the stream. We're gonna this is the end of the podcast though, but if you guys are watching YouTube or whatever, we're gonna be back in a few minutes and we'll do the beginning of the show. But uh, everybody got on all those things. Oh yeah okay, And by the way, become a partner and hope why the f not? Uh, that would be awesome if you would not. Seriously, We've we spent the whole show today doing the radiothon for Saint Jude, and we feel like we owe it to you guys that also come to us for content to do a separate side show, which is what we're doing here. So if you guys can become a partner and hope if you don't listen to the show that's live in the morning, please do text the word Bobby to seven eight five eight three three. That would be awesome. Seven eight five eight three three. You get the Pimpa Joy sweatshirt you it's nineteen bucks a month. You help kids, And the whole thing with helping kids is that it helps our families. Nobody pays a bill at Saint Jude. A parent, you don't. They're no bills because the partners in hope. And there are times I understand people like, well, I want to don it to my local hospital, and that's great, love it, do it, But Saint Jude's not local to us. But the reason that we are so involved in Saint Jude is because it's local to everybody in the way. They take kids from every single city in the whole country, and all you need is to have a cancer that they research, diagnose, try to heal. Heal is not the word what I'm looking.
Speaker 4: For, like heal, okay, fair enoughs and treat.
Speaker 2: Treat good, thank you from it and they go immediately and all the bills are paid for. So it's Is it in your town probably not? Does it help your town absolutely? Yes, and all the research that they do because a lot of hospitals they do research so they can have and almost own that, so people have to go to the hospital. Saint Jude doesn't do that. That research goes out to every hospital. That's why we are involved with Saint Jude. So, but sometimes you don't have the ability to do it. Trust me, been there. It's nineteen bucks a month. Also, sometimes you're just like, I want to do this because it's important to me, and that's great too. So we're just saying, if you want to be a partner and hope that would be awesome, nineteen bucks a month, text that Bobby to seven eight five eight three three and you'll get a link when you text that. I should say that you'll get a link back from Saint Jude because it won't like take out of your phone bill and you get a link from Saint Jude and then you fill it out and it takes nineteen bucks a month after that, Okay, thank you. We're ending the podcast now.
Speaker 3: This is it.
Speaker 2: Hope you enjoyed the first half, which we haven't done yet, but if you're listening to the podcast, you already heard it, all right. Bye,