Speaker 1: You are now Angela what I call her Yee way up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's good.
Speaker 3: It's way up with Angela Yee and Happy Happy Friday Friday. I'm gonna be in Phoenix later tonight, so shout out to everybody from the Black Chamber of Arizona. I'll be there for their twenty six annual gala. Guess what, y'all, I'm gonna be MCing the whole event and I'm getting an award as well, So cannot wait to be out there. Shout out to my girl, the other Angela, who's in Phoenix as well. There's been a lot of things happening as we are getting ready for twenty twenty four to come to a close. It feels like people are rushing to have some drama before the end of the year.
Speaker 2: But let's start the show off with some love and positivity.
Speaker 3: Let's shine a light eight hundred two ninety two fifty one fifty Call us up and let us know who you want to shine a light on.
Speaker 2: It's way up on Angela, Yee machine a machine.
Speaker 1: Turn your lights on, y'all kind of light sce bread and love to those who are doing greatness.
Speaker 4: Shanna light on them, Shine a light on them. It's time to shine a light on them.
Speaker 2: What's up his way up at Angela?
Speaker 3: Ye, happy Friday again, and it's time to shine a light now today I do want to shine a light. I told you I'm gonna be in Phoenix today for the Black Chamber of Arizona their twenty sixth anniversary gala, and the work that they do with wealth building in the black community is amazing now. The four pillars of their services are access to capital, contracting, readiness, digital and health, equity, and youth development.
Speaker 2: It's all about closing the racial wealth gap.
Speaker 3: And I also want to shout out everybody who is also being honored at this event because I will definitely be the MC tonight, so I'm.
Speaker 2: Really really looking forward to it. That's why I love being.
Speaker 3: At events where we're actually doing a lot to create solutions.
Speaker 2: All right, well, aj, who do you want to shine a light on?
Speaker 5: I want to shine a light on Monti Asia. We got sixteen days until our wait.
Speaker 2: It where y'all getting married at?
Speaker 5: We're getting married at the Industry Hotel.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, we see you? And is it a big wedding? How many people?
Speaker 5: Eighty eighty people?
Speaker 3: All right, that's a nice size. And how involved were you and planning the wedding? I'm were you super hands on or was she kind of running the ship.
Speaker 5: She was running the ship, but we were definitely hands on.
Speaker 2: How long were you guys together?
Speaker 5: Oh, it's been ten years, so she been on me.
Speaker 3: All right, you don't put her time in okay, all right, Well congratulations. I hope you guys have the most amazing wedding ever.
Speaker 5: All right, thank you. I hope you'll have a blood day.
Speaker 3: All right, you too. That was Shina Light eight hundred and two nine two fifty one fifty. If you couldn't get through, we will still take your messages and we can play that during last Word, and when we come back, we have your yee t.
Speaker 2: And let's talk about Marlon Wayans.
Speaker 3: Now, people were on social media saying other comedians are stealing his jokes. Will tell you who in particular they're talking about, and we'll tell you how Marlon Wayans responded. It's way up, they say in the rooms from industry shade to all of gossip out sending Angelus feeling that eat.
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 3: His way up with angela yee and it's time for your YE team. All right, well, Marlon Wayans responded to people on social media saying that other comedians.
Speaker 2: Are stealing his jokes.
Speaker 3: This all is after Jamie Fox's special Jamie Fox, What had Happened was came out on Netflix and Jamie Fox had this to say about leaving the Ditty Parties.
Speaker 4: Dan and had said that Purples tried to kill me. I left them parties early.
Speaker 2: I was out by nine something. Don't look right, it's slippery. You're here, all right?
Speaker 3: Well, there are a lot of false reports that Jamie Fox and his stand up was going to say that Diddy was the person that caused him to be hospitalized after having a serious medical complication. He was in a coma. People were saying at one point that he was not going to make it. Fortunately he did. He talked about suffering from a bad headache. But in this special, you know, he did talk about leaving the Ditty Party early. So all the people who thought that he was going to say Diddy this to me, they were absolutely wrong. I don't know how that rumor even started that people were saying they actually heard him say that. But Marlon Wayams responded to people saying that his joke was stolen. It's all good them and words probably left early too, And I will say they probably did.
Speaker 2: I'm sure there's a lot of people.
Speaker 3: Who were like, all right, I'm not staying late for whatever Shenanigan's happened later on. So you know, he's a good sport. And I think certain jokes are going to end up being things that a lot of people end up saying. There's certain things that a lot of people make jokes about, and those Diddy parties are one of them.
Speaker 2: Because it's not just comedians saying they left early.
Speaker 3: It's regular people too, it's other artists, it's everybody.
Speaker 2: Like, nah, I didn't stay for that part.
Speaker 3: All right, Well it looks like Remy Ma and Pap Woos we're still going. Even after the show yesterday, Remi Ma went in her stories and said, you hated that I started my Battle Rap League and was mad I was helping other rappers over you. You literally said you was going to try to destroy it. I'm so sick of the fake knockout story now. Remi Ma also went ahead and posted herself at home with her daughter on Christmas Day from last year after Pap who said that she was with the other guy who she was dating during that time, to prove that what he was saying wasn't true.
Speaker 2: You know, hopefully the two.
Speaker 3: Of them are gonna now say, okay, let's delete all of these things off of our pages.
Speaker 2: It looks like they have.
Speaker 3: Deleted it as of yesterday, So all of the things that unfortunately are going to live forever on social media, they have deleted off of their respective pages. But I don't know if there's any way to resolve this situation.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's all out there and they can move on past it. I don't know.
Speaker 3: But in the meantime, Megan Fox and Machine Gun Kelly say they will never get back together again, according to insiders. Now, according to reports over Things given weekend, the two of them were on a trip to bail, Colorado, and she checked his phone and found text messages involving other women.
Speaker 2: She is with child, so she is going to have a.
Speaker 3: Baby, and it looks like she's got her own home and he won't be moving into that house with her. According to reports, Machine Gon Kelly is still trying to get back together with Megan Fox, but she is completely over it and is not a good match and she just does not want to be with him. All right, well that is your yet. When we come back, we have about last night. That's where we discussed what we did last night. It's way up ohnight.
Speaker 4: So about last night? Yes, Esa went down.
Speaker 3: What's up his way up with Angela. Yeah, it's time for about last night. And now I want to discuss a show that I've been watching, season three of The Ultimatum. I don't know if anybody else watches the show. Do you guys watch that you watched that?
Speaker 2: Maybe?
Speaker 6: Nah?
Speaker 7: Don't?
Speaker 2: Is that new?
Speaker 3: This latest season has been crazy enough? You don't watch the Ultimatum. What happens is you give your partner an ultimatum either you know, since you don't want to get married, let's go away on this with other couples and we're gonna switch partners to get to choose another partner who you want to be with, and see if maybe you want to move or you want to get married. Because it's the ultimatum, we've been together, you want to get married. Imagine seeing somebody that you love, that you've been dating for x amount of years now living and being with somebody else as part of a couple. It's like a trial. Dating situation. But it's not just dating, it's like living together, all right. So that's enough to drive anybody crazy, or maybe it's enough for you to be like, this is the person who I really want.
Speaker 2: To be with now.
Speaker 3: One couple who I felt like in particular was really interesting was Nick and Sandy. Nick got upset because the person who he was partner up with left and so he was by himself, but he had to live in the same building with his girlfriend or I guess you could say ex girlfriend Sandy while she was with another guy Jr. And the two of them were bowed up like they were in love all right, And he actually showed up banging on the door to try to interrupt whatever it was that they had going on. So if you guys haven't watched The Ultimatum, make sure you check it out. But it had me thinking, can you imagine doing something like that? Like I was telling my man, I was like, I don't know if we could, like this would be a good idea. How does this actually help a relationship? So definitely time in and let me know what you think if it could help your relationship to have a trial separation and get with somebody else during that time because I don't know, I don't know if that that might make me be like I can't forget about the things that might have happened while while we were apart. All right, well, when we come back among that Along that note, we have, tell us a secret eight hundred two nine two fifty one fifty. Call us up any secret that you have. Remember it is a no judgment zone. We are not going to judge you. We just want to hear your secret and you get to remain anonymous. All right, that's eight hundred two ninety two fifty one fifty. Tell us a secret when we come back. It's way up, yo way.
Speaker 4: This is a judgment free zone. Tell us a secret.
Speaker 3: What's up as way up at angela yee? And the number is eight hundred two nine two fifty one fifty. It's time for you guys to tell us a secret. What's up anonymous?
Speaker 2: Call it? Tell us your secret.
Speaker 8: Yes, my secret is I have a really popular barbe account and I troll the other female rappers and no one knows about it. But it's something that I'd love to do, like she pays me.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, so you have a barber count we don't know what the account is, but you troll every like, what are some things that you say to these other rappers as an example, Just.
Speaker 8: Petty things, nothing too personal, just things that could, you know, make people laugh. It's not to be extremely mean. It's just the troll a little bit and support of all the Barbs and Nikki.
Speaker 2: And when did you start doing it?
Speaker 8: Probably about a couple of years ago.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh. All right, well, thanks for sharing. Don't say anything to me, please, I won't.
Speaker 5: It's not hurt feelings.
Speaker 8: It's just to get a few labs while supporting the Barbs and the Queen.
Speaker 3: Has Has Nikki ever tweeted you or retweeted you?
Speaker 8: No, she hasn't, but I wish she would.
Speaker 5: It amazing.
Speaker 2: All right, well, thank you?
Speaker 8: Thank your hanging on him?
Speaker 3: Is Calin?
Speaker 9: How are you good?
Speaker 8: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good?
Speaker 5: Thank you?
Speaker 2: You want to tell us a secret today?
Speaker 10: Yes, I went to Mexico with my girls this summer.
Speaker 8: I smoked to with.
Speaker 10: It and so I tried to meet some weeded to Mexico because I'm like, if I can get it other you know, I'm like, if I can get it onto this plane, I can get through I'm good to go, girl, tell me law as soon as you ganga plane in Mexico, they got the dude sitting there with the dogs and like they can tell you at any point go over there and get your backshad girls, they picked me out. No telling this toy right now.
Speaker 9: I'm still so scared. And this happened in June.
Speaker 10: I'm still so scared telling this toy right now. So I put my bag up and the lady's like, unzip it. My hand was shaking so hard.
Speaker 9: So look, I'm here to talk to y'all.
Speaker 10: So I got away with it somehow. I don't know the night, but are I ended up putting everything where it kind of like blended in, and you know, I didn't have a big pack or anything like that was just like a little personal. So yeah, I almost went to gam in Mexican trying to be cute. I'll never do it again. I don't go out of country sober.
Speaker 2: You said, thank you God, Oh girl.
Speaker 10: I was so thanks to Like when I got outside, I was just breathing and just like living the hair and everybody was playing little thank you for not taking me to a Mexican princon It was only an eight.
Speaker 9: I'm going down though.
Speaker 10: I know I was going down.
Speaker 2: I know you were the game.
Speaker 3: Everybody else that got caught with a little bit. Yeah, let me ask you this. You smoke that weed later?
Speaker 6: I did you know what?
Speaker 10: I was so grateful. I smoked with some people in the Reborn. I was like that when God put me through. I'm smoking with everybody, like y'all, let's have a good time. And I did not take anything back.
Speaker 9: I didn't take sand back.
Speaker 10: I didn't take nothing back.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, but thank you for sharing. I'm so glad you did not have to go to jail. Girl, what a us? Learn me too? Oh my god? Take care.
Speaker 3: That was tell us a secret eight hundred two nine two fifty one fifty. If you couldn't get through, you can always leave a message for last word. And when we come back, we have your yee t Kim Kardashian. She got a new boot, and we'll give you the details that we do know.
Speaker 2: It's way up.
Speaker 4: Sure, she's about to blow the lead about this pot. Let's get it. Oh yeah, angelus feeling that yee tee, Come and get the tea.
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 3: Its way up with angela yee and it's time for your yee tee. On this Friday, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said that his partnership with jay Z on the Super Bowl halftime show is not going to change after the civil lawsuits he was accused of raping a thirteen year old girl. Now, he did say, we're aware of the civil allegation and jay Z's really strong response to that, and we know that obviously litigation is happening now, but from our standpoint, our relationship is not changing with them, including our preparation for the next Super Bowl. He said, They've been great partners that have provided a lot of value for us. Plus, I feel like that would have been really hypocritical because in the NFL there's a lot of players who have had issues. So you can't cut ties with jay Z, but you haven't cut ties with people who have their own issues as well.
Speaker 2: Right, there's a lot of things that have happened with these.
Speaker 3: Athletes, all right, And speaking of athletes, Netflix has unbuilt the cast of Wags to Riches that's wives and girlfriends, and some of the people on the show include selling Tampa star Cherrell Risatto, also Miranda Johnson, who is the on again, off again girlfriend of Kodak Black, Ashley Wheeler, who is married to ex Miami Dolphins football player Philip Wheeler. Alexis Well Stotta Meyer, she was previously married to Amri Stotta Meyer. Port Shaberto who is married to Andre Berto the boxer Shah Dave Vanessa engaged to NFL star Robbie Chosen Anderson, Lestonia Leviston, who is the mother of Rick Russ's first child, Keita Hill, who is married to Tyreek Hill. There's a lot of controversy around him right now. Annie Yes Jules is also joining the show. You saw her most recently having some issues after working for Kanye West. But she's also the ex fiance of f NFL player Duke Riley, with whom she shares a daughter. Feels like I show a lot of people are going to tune into. But all eight episodes of Wax to Riches Season one will start on January twenty second, and you can see them all at one time, all right, And Kim Kardashian is dating a real estate investor who isn't in the public eye.
Speaker 2: According to sources.
Speaker 3: They said that she is not in a committed relationship, but she has somebody new that she's dating who she met through mutual friends. The last person she publicly dated was NFL star Odell Beckham Junior, and that quote unquote fizzled out.
Speaker 2: Now this is new person.
Speaker 3: Is not the first person that she's dated since that split, but she's decided that she wants to keep things really low key for the sake of their respective kids. All right, well that is your yet, and when we come back, we have under the radar.
Speaker 2: These are the stories that are not necessarily in the headlines.
Speaker 3: They're flying under the radar, but you definitely need to know about them. It's way up with Angela ye.
Speaker 1: News, the news that relates to you. These stories are flying under the radar.
Speaker 2: What's up Its way up at Angela Yee.
Speaker 3: And it's time for under the radar, those stories that are not necessarily in the headlines, but we definitely want you to know about them.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about Caitlin Clark.
Speaker 3: She was named Time Magazine's Athlete of the Year, and one thing that she spoke about during her interview is the belief that she's benefited from white privilege. She said, I want to say I've earned every single thing, but as a white person.
Speaker 2: There is privilege.
Speaker 3: A lot of those players in the league that have been really good have been black players. This league has kind of been built on them. I have to continue to try to change that. The more we can elevate black women, that's going to be a beautiful thing.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: Well, some people had some issues with these comments, and of course Megan Kelly did she put on social media. Look at this, She's on the knee all but apologizing for being white and getting attention, the self flagulation, the oh, please pay attention to the black players who are really the ones you want to celebrate. Condescending, fake, transparent and sad. Well, while Caitlin Clark was on stage talking about being Times Athlete of the Year, she spoke to NBC Sports host Maria Taylor on stage and here's what she had to say in response to Megan Kelly.
Speaker 11: Hey, Megan Kelly, she was saying that you were apologizing for your white privilege and the fact that you wanted to uplift black female athletes and make sure that they were getting the shine, kind of like your pioneers were getting the shine that they deserved. And I just want to know how you feel or how you respond to some of those criticisms when you have to deal with something that it's really not your a problem, like I feel like it's them looking in a mirror a little bit, but it still comes down on your shoulders.
Speaker 12: I feel like I always have had really good perspective on everything that's kind of happened in my life, whether that's been good, whether that's been bad. And then obviously coming to the WNBA, like I've said, I feel like I've earned every single thing that's happened to me over the course of my career. But also I grew up a fan of this league from a very young age, Like my favorite player was Maya More, Like I know what this league was about, and like I said, it's only been around twenty five plus years, so I know there's been so many amazing black women that have been in this league. And continuing to uplift them, I think is very important and that's something I'm very aware of. And like I said, like I try to just be real and authentic and you know, share my truth, and I think that's very easy for me. Like I'm very comfortable in my own skin, and that's kind of then how it is my entire life.
Speaker 3: Yes, And look, I do want to say that it'd be hard for Caitlin Clark and not to bring this up because everyone else brings it up around her. You know, she's the most popular female basketball player right now and some people feel like she does benefit and even she feels like that. I don't think there's anything wrong with her stating what she believes to be true. All right, well that is your under the radar now. You know, we have the way it mixed for you guys. At the top of the hour plus we have asked yee, and you guys will have the last word.
Speaker 2: It's way up at Angela Yee.
Speaker 3: She's like a tout like they Angela Gee, like they Angela Gee.
Speaker 4: She's spilling it all.
Speaker 3: This is yety well, what's up as way up at Angela Yee. Happy Friday. It is time for your yet now. This is a cute one. Lebron called into his wife's podcast, Everybody's Crazy Savannah, and they were talking about their Christmas crazy and here's what he had to say.
Speaker 2: What's your name? Where you calling us from? And what's your holiday crazy?
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 2: Lebron Jones, Uncle Michael Ohio. It was given Santa Santa, what's going on?
Speaker 11: Lebron James?
Speaker 2: What she got worst? What's your holiday? Crazy? Best gift?
Speaker 4: Worst gift? April?
Speaker 3: Well, Lebron has also just stepped away from the Lakers for an excused absence for personal reasons. And I'm not sure what personal things are happening for him. But do what you need to do. You've had a nice, long career. Handle your business, sir.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: And Ted Danson and recently was talking to JB. Smooth and he talked about Curb Your Inenthusiasm. They both were on Curb Your Enthusiasm. He said on his Serious XM podcast where Everybody Knows your.
Speaker 2: Name, that he thought the show sucked.
Speaker 13: Here's what he said, Curb really did change my life because it reinvigorated my desire to be funny. But I did it. I told this story before, but we watched the pilot. Mary thought it was great. I thought it sucked. I thought it absolutely sucked, and I felt sorry for my new friend Larry David. So in trying to be encouraging kind of thing, I said, you know, if you ever need us to play ourselves, we'd be happy to. In that sort of ended up being part of something that changed my life.
Speaker 3: Yes, well, Ted Danton ended up playing a fictionalized version of himself on over thirty episodes of Curb Your Enthusiasm and it was on for twelve seasons. So it looks like he made a smart decision by trusting Larry David. And the Weekend is planning to celebrate having the most songs to hit one billion streams on Spotify. He's doing the first ever Billions Club Live in Los Angeles. That concept will be on December seventeenth, and it will be held exclusively for the weekends top fans on Spotify, So get ready for that. That's a nice Billions club to be in. All right, Well, I'm angela Ye and that is your ute. And when we come back, you know it's a Friday, so that means it's a new music Friday. We'll tell you what new music you guys should be checking for. It's way up with Angela Yee.
Speaker 1: Light everybody except for this relationship with career Advice.
Speaker 4: Angela's dropping facts. You should know.
Speaker 2: What's up is way up with Angela Yee.
Speaker 3: I'm angela Ye, and it's time for you guys to call up with your questions.
Speaker 2: Ask you. I'm here to help you out. Hey, Angie, what's the issue.
Speaker 9: I am dating somebody, a women together. We've been together or over a year. I'm fifty years old, he's forty four, okay, and he's a really nice ube. But we want having sex. At the beginning, I initiated it. It happened a couple of times and it stopped, and then I questioned, like why it's happening. It was like a lot of excuses.
Speaker 8: I'm working on myself.
Speaker 5: I know what to do.
Speaker 9: You want to have white for the Rica Florida. No sex, It's been seven months, no sext. I'm just finding out that they are on pills for high blood pressure, they diabetic, they over each sugar all. I'm trying to work with them, but it's like impossible. It's like they have he has like an addiction to food. I believe, okay, And it's almost like he is one company and I'm not ready to have a relationship with somebody. I've been single for seven years before I met him, and I have my stuff together and I don't feel complete with him, and I don't know what else to tell him. And I just want to say if it's fair for me to just give up at this point, because he always tells me that he's trying, but he's not.
Speaker 3: You know, Angy, I want to say a couple of things here. You talked about his over eating. The sugar and food is definitely a drug, and like you said, maybe he has an addiction where he doesn't feel like he can control it right, And so you can't help people that don't want to help themselves. And you also can't want to help somebody more than you want to help yourself. You don't need to be dragged down with that. And I know that you could feel guilty because you care about somebody, you love them.
Speaker 2: You don't want to see something bad.
Speaker 3: You don't want to feel like I deserted him in his time of need, But he deserted himself and you can't stop that. You can be there and watch it happen, but what good is that going to do? And sometimes you being there is also enabling if he knows, well, I could do this.
Speaker 2: She's still here, she.
Speaker 3: Loved Maybe you leaving is going to be the catalyst that he needs to do something to fix his life up.
Speaker 9: Well, thank you, It makes me feel so much better hearing it from you. Yeah, very wise, and I always listen to you, and I don't know what else to do because I'm talking it over and over and I don't want to talk to my friends and my family about it because I don't want to shame him.
Speaker 3: It's a thing, Angie, but honestly, like, you have to love yourself before anything and anyone, and.
Speaker 9: I do and I do love myself, and it's just I'm not happy anymore, and I'm like, what do I do now? Oh, thank you for that advice, and I will definitely put it.
Speaker 2: And then to this, yes, girl, it's been seven months.
Speaker 3: Okay, listen, you gotta go, all right, Angie, get out there somebody that that deserves you, okay, because it don't feel like you know, he's he's up to part right now for you. So you got to get out there and find somebody who makes you better too.
Speaker 11: So much.
Speaker 9: I appreciate you, all right.
Speaker 3: Well that was asked ye eight hundred two nine two fifty one fifty. If you couldn't get through, you could leave a message. We can answer your question that way and when we come back, of course, you guys have the last word. I know you got a lot to say it's way up.
Speaker 14: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yee.
Speaker 2: But you're all being waiting.
Speaker 1: For Oh you're tapped in the way up with Angela?
Speaker 4: Yee?
Speaker 2: What's up? Its way up with Angela? Yee. I'm here and listen, my what do you say for your position? You're boord up?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: That's are you the producer? Sometimes don't get it tans.
Speaker 3: Of producer don't do that. But anyway, navies here and we were just discussing this off the air. One of our listeners, Gas calls in and said, this for a shine of light.
Speaker 14: I want to shine a light.
Speaker 5: On all the parents in America because there's been so.
Speaker 6: Much stuff going on.
Speaker 14: We all out here trying to you know, bust our tail to make sure our kids had this good Christmas and holidays.
Speaker 5: Understanding it. I mean, I just I just feel like it's a hard time. I know you just said that, but I'm just saying it again.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: I'm a parent, I got five kids.
Speaker 2: You are a parent.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you are a big, big parent.
Speaker 14: I get it, you know, And I just want parents to just take the second don't let social media affect your emotions. You're gonna see a bunch of celebrities and ballers and make it look like they just giving their kids these great Christmas. And so man, these people don't even be seeing they kids. How many people don't spend time with their kids. Some of these people neglect their kids. But don't let the internet or music affect your heart, you know what I'm saying. So I'm for all the chances going through something. Just make sure that you give love to your children, and that be the biggest kid. You could always hear it because it always get better as you always get another Christmas, like God willing. So it's gonna come back around three sixty five.
Speaker 3: And it did get me to thinking, with Christmas being less than two weeks away, a lot of people are concerned about the holidays, about money that it costs, about making sure that people get the right gift. And I want to talk about things that can be really meaningful but don't have to be expensive. Now, maybe can you think of something that was a meaningful to you that maybe wasn't breaking the bank?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 7: Well, me being the food that I am.
Speaker 2: Food will always be the ultimate gift. We know, I said, we get two gifts every day in here. Yeah, I love it here. Yeah, because we know what some food comes to that door.
Speaker 7: Yeah, for me, growing up as a kid, my grandmother was a great cook, still is, and she even sold food at one point. So I think that the gift of making someone or making someone something to eat from scratch or home cooked meal will always be a great gift.
Speaker 2: What if it's nasty, well, then you fold the plate up and just the thought that counts well for me.
Speaker 3: I think anything that shows that somebody spends a lot of time working on it can be very meaningful. I remember somebody getting me like a digital picture frame and then just like loading it with all these pictures and memories and things like that that I thought was really nice. So even you could go online and make like a photo album and write things in it and get somebody something like that where they have something that's like printed out that it's put together really nicely. You have to do it in advance, but I think anything that shows that you did it in advance and that you cared a lot and made it very personal and put some time into it, that's what matters the most. Right, So you can't get a broken bag, No, I'm kidding. I don't even like burking bags. Don't, but I would take it. But it's a good investment, I'll take it back. But yeah, So we just wanted to keep that on top of mind because I know it is a tough time. Everybody's talking about the economy and I don't know if it's going to get much better anytime soon.
Speaker 2: And I do want to encourage people.
Speaker 3: It can get to be a time of emotional spending where we feel like I want to do something nice.
Speaker 2: Let me make some impractical spending decisions.
Speaker 3: All that's going to do is stress you out even more so if there's things you can do that are meaningful, and a lot of times those things do take planning.
Speaker 2: You still got a few days left to get it together, but honestly, you do. You know what else is good.
Speaker 3: There's this canvas place where you can actually get pictures put on canvas to make them into like artwork for your home.
Speaker 2: Okay, and I did that too, so I have some in my house.
Speaker 3: It's like old pictures of me and my family, me and my brother when we were young, and I haven't made it to canvas, and it actually looks really good on older pictures also, But I think original artwork is really nice. Too, So things like that that you can do for somebody that's personal. I think that's really dope.
Speaker 7: Or something I used to do when and the burn CDs era was mixtapes.
Speaker 2: Well you're a DJ, so yeah, that makes sense, I do.
Speaker 3: I thought you were going to say you did pictures with seashells and stuff like that and macaroni noodles. Never you never do that, okay, all right, Well anyway, just wanted to give y'all some suggestions and spreads of love when we come back.
Speaker 2: You guys have the last word.
Speaker 11: Take up the phone tappian to get your voice heard with the word bitch.
Speaker 4: Here's the last word on Way Up with Angela Yee?
Speaker 2: What's up? Its Way Up with Angela Yee? And Happy Friday.
Speaker 3: Yes, you guys, it is officially how many days until Christmas? Thirteen twenty like fifteen twelve? I can't count, all right, guys, Happy Friday? And it is officially twelve days until Christmas. Oh, it's the twelve days of Christmas. It's the first day of Christmas. Do people still do that? I don't even know where that came from. We gotta do some research. But again, thank you to everybody in Phoenix. I'll be at the Black Chamber of Arizona Galla tonight. I'll be mceing that. I'm excited to meet everybody and also talk about strengthening black businesses and talk about our buying power and pathways for financial growth. So shout out to everybody in Phoenix. I haven't been there in so long, so I'm really excited to make it out there. Also, thank you to everybody who joined us today. I know we're all talking about new music. That's what Fridays are amazing for. And you know this is your show, so you have the last word.
Speaker 5: My secret is I drive my mama, Aaron Pines and the curling while I was here, and I put them back in there without bringing them an I just put them back in there. I barely wanted to catch them.
Speaker 4: Yo.
Speaker 6: You know the Voses mellow. I just want to so love to wig up with you. Shine a light on y'all. You know what I mean. Shine a light on Angela Yee for constantly putting black excellence into the limelight and not weaponizing it. Always sitting up for black women and like I always say, she's synonymous with greatness and essentially great on her Happy early Birthday, Marry Christmas, and happy New Year of the way up there, it's time I'm.
Speaker 4: About the trib up. You tapped in and way up with no wanting, Now out