Speaker 1: Welcome into the Ravens Press Pass Podcast. Today is Thursday, October tenth. The Ravens werepairing for a Sunday's game against the Washington Commanders, and today we heard from the coordinators. So let's kick it off with offensive coordinator at Todd Munkett.
Speaker 2: For two hundred and some yards against the Bills. This past week, you're throwing for three hundred and forty some yards against the Bengals. What do you think that says about this offense?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean we talked about it last.
Speaker 4: Week, you know, and everybody kind of said identity, what is that? I think in order to be elite, you have to be versatile enough to win games in a variety of modes, methods, whatever it takes. And I thought our guys did a really good job last week of accepting that. I mean, certainly there was at some point going to be a defense that made the decision that they were going to load the box, they were going to pressure us, they'd had a certain plan, and I thought our guys adjusted on the fly and did a great job speaking with of.
Speaker 5: The pressure that you guys, again, the success against the blitz that you have really was out standing last week, and it's kind of the evolution from what we've seen the last couple of years ago. If Lamar understand it, can talk about the sort of that evolution, and everyone also a fun understanding how best to handle them, how to attack it.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't know. It just worked the other day.
Speaker 4: You know, We've been working hard at a lot of things offensively, and I thought our guys prepared great last week. I thought they had a great understanding of what we could see. But you still have to go do it. And it helps helps having Lamar, you know, he has a way of buying time, you know.
Speaker 3: You know the touchdown debate was a perfect example.
Speaker 4: They went zero. We blocked by the protection we had. We blocked who we could worked out Lamar was able to slide to the right. I have patience and still be able to hit bait who came open on the other side. So but I thought our guys bought into what we thought we could see and then protection wise and then executed. The guys had to run the right routes and make plays down the field.
Speaker 6: How pleased is it for you as an office coordinator to see the ball spread around as much as it was some day I think the guys had nine different guys catch a past. Charlie Kohler has a couple of big plays. Don't really see him involved too often in the in the past game. That is, were you pleased to see everybody kind of get involved?
Speaker 4: Not as happy as they were? I really don't care. I mean, I love that our guys touch the ball. I mean what really matters is that we score points. You know, I don't always control that, but I did tell the players. I mean, you know, I do truly understand skilled players and their value of being able to touch the ball, being able to contribute in that way.
Speaker 3: Is it great for us moving forward?
Speaker 4: Morale practice a opportunities, of course, But ultimately, sometimes the ball finds them. Sometimes situations find them. Sometimes personnel groupings find them. That gets them in a certain look, that finds a player, If that makes sense. I think sometimes people are like, well, why did you throw it here? That guy will Sometimes that's by game plan, that's by what we're going to see. Some of it's by what they do, some of it's by what we do, so that that's part of it.
Speaker 3: So but.
Speaker 4: I did a roundabout way of your question. But no, it's it's it's great to see those guys to all contribute. The game kind of went that way, and so you know, it adds to okay the next week, you know, you know, our guys feeling good about just where we're headed. But again, it's it's it's one week. I mean, it's you know, it's still weak to week. I mean, what we do this week is is uh, you know, what we've done in the last five weeks doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: It's what we do this week. You know, we've gotten pretty much.
Speaker 7: Everyone else's reaction a little.
Speaker 8: More touchdown after the stiff arm as you're watching.
Speaker 9: That, what it kind of your media reaction in the oppress box.
Speaker 4: Well, first it was open, like all right, you know, that's the first reaction, you know, because I thought initially we're gonna have a touch I say, we're gonna get a good touchdown here, and then didn't realize we're gonna take another fifteen seconds for that to develop. But I mean, I mean, what do you say? I mean, what do you say? I mean, what a tremendous play you know by by announcetanding football player, I mean what else?
Speaker 3: I mean?
Speaker 4: I can't say anything different than what everybody else's has said.
Speaker 3: You know, I mean, what a great.
Speaker 8: Play, stiff arms did you draw up on that one?
Speaker 3: I mean, I dropped one, stiff arm. I mean, that's just what he does.
Speaker 4: You know, probably more impressive was right before the half the sack he got up that he threw away. That was even more impressive than the one he threw the touchdown on that he got away from ninety one and saved us there. It happens more often than than that. It's just that that's the one that showed up because the result with him the touchdown.
Speaker 3: But what a great play by him and and by Isaiah.
Speaker 10: And I wanted over time but he had too fumble.
Speaker 11: What do you make of why they happen?
Speaker 9: And what are you talking about?
Speaker 4: Oh, it's never been a problem. It just happened to be. You know, you'll have to ask Lamar like it. I don't see it being a problem. You know, hasn't been balls rarely on the ground with him. I don't know, you'll have to ask him like it's we're not doing extra shotgun snaps because of it's it's never been a problem, you know, So I'm just happened to come up twice Obviously Lamar has played at.
Speaker 8: A high level for a long time as us you at the piece, but.
Speaker 4: How well he played in that game.
Speaker 2: Specifically in relations with Pize's questions of blitz.
Speaker 6: Pick up the pre snap stuff that you guys have worked on so much this offseason.
Speaker 11: Do you see this?
Speaker 8: Is this a springboard game? Could this be a springboard game for him?
Speaker 1: That it's at another level now for him?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't I mean a spremeboard game. I mean, am I happy by the way it turned out and how we played in that particular game. Yes, did he get the ball out on time?
Speaker 3: Yes? Did you do a good job moverund the pocket?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 3: Did he go to do a great job of escaping? Yes? Did your guys do a great job in protection for the most part. Yes.
Speaker 4: Now, it's just a matter of the consistency part of it. You know, we've had moments where that's been that way, and there's been others when it hasn't. So each week is a new challenge, and what the commanders will do. We'll throw us another wrench, you know, because they see what we did and how we protected and and they'll work to combat that and then we've got to continue to work ourselves.
Speaker 3: It's just a constant chess match.
Speaker 8: Turnover that you had on the offensive line, you know, talking point summer, talking point in the first two weeks after a game like the whole line just had What do you kind of feel like is the greatest strikes received from that group and really short amount.
Speaker 4: Oh, I justs reps and confidence, you know, I think that's.
Speaker 3: What's going to help an offensive line.
Speaker 4: Your ability to run the football, that's really what's gonna help overall, just as a general ability to run play action right, not being in passing situations. That's not our old line. That's everybody you know, our ability to do that, and we've been able to do that for the most part. But I did think they held up great because that wasn't the case in the second half the other day.
Speaker 3: That's that's what was impressive. That was exciting. But also confidence reps.
Speaker 4: I think the more and more of a player plays and gets comfortable with the guy next to them, I think it's a you know, we're only going to continue to get better moving forward because we still have a lot of young players, whether it's still our center, our right guard and obviously Pat is and our left side isn't so much with where we're at now, but the other guys are.
Speaker 8: But the ability of your receivers a tight ends that to separate and being coverage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got guys that can win.
Speaker 4: I think they've done a great job of working, you know, since we've come back and even in the off season, and I think we've streamlined things a little bit, you know, so that that part of it is everything. I mean, it's a matter of all, right, are we going to be able to win versus man? I mean when a team has to get the ball back third downs, certain situations, you know, one of them that came up, probably the most important one was you know, when we had the ball seven or eight yard line the second half, maybe that first drive that we hit Mark on the crosser that got us out of our own end was a big part of that. Not that there were others, but that's the one I think about, you know, that gave us a chance when they go man. So it's been impressive. We have guys that can separate. We like our guys and you know, again it's I don't know if we'll see how much man this week is on I don't know, you guys just have to do a great job versus both.
Speaker 11: What's kind of been the.
Speaker 2: Impact with cold Kohler, I mean with Troy Cooler, I mean he's kind of a guy that you don't you know, maybe his role was in defined by the numbers that you know, but how much of an impact do you think he has made on this offer?
Speaker 3: How much of an impact?
Speaker 4: Well, oh, well, he's We've had a couple explosive plays from him which has been you know huge. The one in Dallas got us going and this one got us back. You know, really, I mean, let's be honest about the two plays. One got us, you know, down there, and we score on the very next play in Dallas, and this one here gets us down there in two pays later, I think it was we score.
Speaker 3: So I just think he's a guy that comes to work.
Speaker 4: Every day and and you know, his role will expand as he continues to develop as a player, you know.
Speaker 3: And I was happy for him.
Speaker 4: You know, we didn't get the ideal look on his touchdown, but he did a great job of posting up and Lamar found him and put it the right spot from the neck down at the front of the end zone, and so I was happy for him on that.
Speaker 11: I think Roger.
Speaker 3: Rose Garden is settling in Wells as a starter, as a rookie playing well.
Speaker 11: What stood out to you about his play?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean Roger, it's an intelligent football player. He's tough, and he'll battle and strain, you know, so those things are always a good, you know, starting point, you know, a good starting block of any player. You know when they've got those things, you know, gives.
Speaker 3: You a chance.
Speaker 4: Like any player, they're not going to be perfect. But that's what you like about Roger. But most important to me, he likes to play. It's frustrated when it isn't you know, the way you want it to look. But that's that's what you want out of a player.
Speaker 9: I'll the ports of scoring or blast three games, score touchdowns on ninety two percent of your red zone trips. Just what is allowing you to be so effective as a your personnel of what is good players?
Speaker 4: Good players helps you score down there. You have a running back that can score when it's not perfect. You got a quarterback that can score when it's not perfect. You got tight ends that you like in the red zone. You've got wide out stick and up rate. You've got no line that continues to develop, so that gives you the best chance. I think our staff does a great job of being creative. You know, since London, where we basically tried to win a game by kicking as many field goals as we could, we've made it an emphasis to you know, change who we were, what we're going to be moving forward.
Speaker 3: And how we do it.
Speaker 4: And and it's it's always evolving, you know. It's you know, we're always sitting there going, okay, what's next to me? What can we do now? You know, to because we understand how important that is to winning. It's one of the top five reasons why you win a scoring touchdowns in the red zone. I think our staff's done a great job, and we got really good players.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: To me, that's that's the biggest thing. Really good players and a staff that does a great job of, you know, game planning, game frick game planning and developing you know, how we attack somebody.
Speaker 8: Up.
Speaker 1: His defensive coordinator is Zach Orr.
Speaker 11: How y'all do so you bring in Dean this week?
Speaker 8: It sounds like you guys have been I guess just for it that you guys have been talking for a while. What have those conversations been like, and what do you think was the impetus.
Speaker 6: To really happen.
Speaker 12: I mean, I think most most of the conversation was just about you know, you know, family, seeing how guys are doing, see how I'm doing, see how he's doing. And then obviously, you know, some ball comes up in that, and you could tell what Dean like throughout the conversation. He still had that you know, firing him. I know he was retired to had that firing him, and you know you could tell they wanted to still be around ball.
Speaker 11: He started a passion for us to have a passion for coaching.
Speaker 12: And like he's been here, he knows me, knows a lot of people in the building, and he's a great football mind.
Speaker 11: I mean he's been he's been a defensive coordinator, been a.
Speaker 12: Position coach, a head coach, and at the college uh level, So he's been really successful as a football coach. So I think person who who knows the culture, uh knows organization, that's you know, willing to that's still willing to you know, teach and learn. I think it couldn't do nothing to help us bring him in.
Speaker 9: Hope John and Kyle Hambler from yesterday and describe him another set of lines. Yeah, what what are you what are you hoping he sees?
Speaker 2: What are you looking for?
Speaker 11: Just just his point of view, just his point of view. I think you see his point of view.
Speaker 12: Like I said, he has a lot of experience around just big picture wise and whatever he sees I mean, could be a big picture, could be with position, it could be anything.
Speaker 11: I think this his knowledge and wisdom.
Speaker 12: His experience would be great, you know for us, great for me personally, just to hear his perspective on certain things and you know see how we can you.
Speaker 11: Know, jail and mess those things together.
Speaker 10: Do you expect to have us well if you have a game day role, well like will he be.
Speaker 11: Up in the booth or how old that? Yeah?
Speaker 12: I mean we still were still trying to figure that out. I think we'll know more about the end of the week, but we're still trying to figure out. But I definitely see him having a role in some type of capacity on game dare.
Speaker 9: Zach Kyle was saying something yesterday, that's WoT you're talking about this for five weeks. We have to tackle we have to play the right coverage is if you've been accounting, are you pleased with how the players have reacted in lieu of kind of some of the plays they gave up Sunday.
Speaker 12: Man, I'm proud of them, honestly, Like I told those guys, I got to commend them because obviously it was a stretch there from the end of the end of the first half throughout really all the way through most of that fourth quarter where things weren't looking good at all. And the thing that I saw on that sideline was guys weren't, you know, pointing the finger. They weren't blaming anybody, Guys weren't pouting, and they said, look, man, we gotta figure this out, and we got to get a stop. And those guys came up with three big stops that helped us win the game. So a lot, it's a lot of stuff we got to correct and get better at. But that's a That's the thing I'm encouraged about is that the group of men we have in that room, and I think they showed that Sunday, uh and those last three possessions and then just they they worked throughout the week like all of us are are mad and and disappointed and pissed off with the way that h with some of the performances we put out there on the field.
Speaker 11: But we all hold each other accountable.
Speaker 12: I hold myself accountable, They hold themselves accountable, and we know we got the right men to go do the job. So now it's it's it's like k Ham said, you know, enough for the talking. It's time to go, you know, put it on film. So but I'm I'm very pleased with the guys. Man, nobody's bad in the eye, nobody's wavering.
Speaker 11: Uh. We talk about all the time, adversity's.
Speaker 12: Gonna face you, you know, in life, just even even as a man, forget football, and it's gonna be about how you respond, how you keep getting up. And you know, we've probably faced more versity than we've liked, cause we feel like a lot of it's been self inflicted. But you know, the guys that keep responding the right way. So I'm I'm I'm fired up. That's what keeps me going. Honestly, this We got the right people to go out here and go do the jobs.
Speaker 8: Are gardening against explosives, are concerned every week. But I mean, is it a little more amplified when you look at the way Jayden has has shown touch on his deep passes and and you know gotten tarried a down the field a lot of times.
Speaker 11: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 12: I mean that's the thing about it is they live off explosives, and you know, obviously we haven't done a good enough job of limited explosives. So it definitely something that we're keying in and honing honding in on like every week. But you know, when you play, when you're facing the probably the hottest, one of the hottest teams in the league, one of the best quarterbacks, one of the best offenses in the league, you have to you have to limit the explosives. You can't you can't give them, you know, the easy way out. You have to make them earn it, man. And so we're that's what we're focusing on. That's what we're preaching. You know, keep the ball in front, let's tackle, let's communicate, let's play together.
Speaker 11: Make them earn.
Speaker 12: Everything they get because they're too good to to give them, you know, give them plays.
Speaker 5: As you prepare this week. Can you believe you're watching a rookie US five starts.
Speaker 12: That you see, Nah, I can't honestly, man, he does a great job of having his poise. He looks real comfortable out there. He's continued to get better, you know, every weekend. I think the thing that that's impressed me the most is they do a lot at the line.
Speaker 11: They really don't huddle up a lot.
Speaker 12: They do a lot of different tempos, a lot of different cadences, and he just seemed like he handled it really well. So, you know, hats off to him. We know, we don't look at him as a rookie. We look at what we see at on what we look we look at what we see on film, and what we see on film is one of the top quarterbacks in the league. So we know that we have a big challenge in front of us, and we've been preparing that way.
Speaker 11: Muddle kind of limit.
Speaker 9: Your guys' ability to be creative defensively on a play to play basis because of how they're kind of regulating stuff at their type.
Speaker 11: Of now I don't think so.
Speaker 12: I think we got to the point of the season where guys are comfortable and spots and different things that we're asking him to do, and then we get good work out of here and practice, and I think we're all adjusted, myself included to the game.
Speaker 11: Speed have a great plan for it.
Speaker 12: So I fully anticipate us being able to get to everything we need.
Speaker 11: To get to, UH to do what we gotta do.
Speaker 8: You've filt him for a while.
Speaker 5: I'm curious if you have any early memories that come to mind, anything that's maybe influenced your coaching cludele.
Speaker 12: I would just say how he got a chance to relate to all his players and got a chance to know him. Like when I got here, Dean was the defensive coordinator, so we weren't necessarily in our position room, but I got a chance to meet, you know, his wife, Ms Mel and his family, got a chance to meet my family, and we got He built a relationship with players, So I think that for me as a coach, showed that, you know, it's bigger than just you know what the football player can do for you on the football field. It's more about you know, getting a chance to know them as as a human being, getting on them as a man, and getting know.
Speaker 11: Their family as well. That that's how you can impact them more.
Speaker 8: I know you guys are not happy with where you are at in terms of past differge, food, is there any sort of relief from being behind the stretch of mahomes Allen Burrow. I mean, some of the best quarterbacks in the NFL, and you guys sort of have seen where you're at the nah.
Speaker 11: There's no relief. It feel like every week we get up here and we play.
Speaker 12: In one of the top offenses, one of the top quarterbacks, and that's no different this week.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 12: But you know, I think that we're confident group still. That's what That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 11: Inspire me.
Speaker 12: We know what we've done in in real good ways, and we know what we've done that hasn't lived up to the standard. We just got to eliminate the things that are not up to our standard because we know that we all want the top.
Speaker 11: Defenses in the league. It's just it's just a matter. It's just it's just time.
Speaker 12: To put it together for four quarters every week and on a consistent basis. You know, if you cut on the film, I highly doubt that you'll see that we don't have, you know, good players, we don't have good schemes, we don't have good coaches. We just got to be consistent, man, and that's what we're chasing.
Speaker 10: After the after the game, I mean, Roadpoint kind of said to his mind, it came down to guys handling their mashups. I mean, but when you look back at it, did you kind of feel like the the ideas were right and it was more detailed stuff that broke.
Speaker 3: I mean, what what was kind of your patrick?
Speaker 12: I'm always look at it from my standpoint. When I look at it, what could I have done better?
Speaker 11: So I'm always gonna feel like I.
Speaker 12: Could have helped put guys in better positions.
Speaker 11: Now, with that being said, you got to give respect with respect due.
Speaker 12: Sometimes we were in the call, we were in the look that we wanted to and I mean the quarterback he put the ball on the money.
Speaker 11: And those receivers, you.
Speaker 12: Know, they made some plays and if they do that, hats off to them. But I think the problem was with us throughout that game is we didn't make them.
Speaker 11: Do that consistently enough.
Speaker 12: If you if you catch a ball over somebody and they got great coverage on you and the quarterback doesn't have a good thrown lane and they complete the pass, then hey man, good play. And if you could do that enough times throughout the game where we don't give up explosives.
Speaker 11: Then hey, I had to talk to you.
Speaker 12: But we gave up too many players that they have to earn and they're too good. Offenses and quarterbacks in this league in general are too good to not make them earn it. So you know, I think, like I said, I think I'm always gonna look at what could I have done better. I think the players look at that as well, which I think makes our group really good and real special. But I do got the it was some players on there where we had what we wanted and they.
Speaker 11: Made some plays. So that's that's the National Football League. You know.
Speaker 12: We always talk about it all the time. They coaches and players they get paid too.
Speaker 11: Feel any different going through a tough time as if there be a player.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it does, because you as a coordinator, you know, I really can't physically go out there and go hit somebody.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 12: As a player, you can go out there and take you you know, take your frustrations out physically.
Speaker 11: So I would say that's the biggest difference.
Speaker 12: But besides that, no, man, I mean I've always been competitive. I remember being a sense of kid. You know, my dad my mom told me that I have to, you know, not take you know, losing so hard, But that's something that's I think that's what makes me who I am. Like if I feel like we're not if I'm not up to my standard or we're not up to our standard, then you know it's gonna be tough. It's gonna be tough, tough times, tough days.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 12: So I as a player and as a coordinator, you know I handle adversity. I think the right way cause I'm gonna keep showing up and putting in the work.
Speaker 11: But you know, the frustrations are the same.
Speaker 10: If you were there as a linebacker and Daniel's was a quarterback, what would you be most worried about?
Speaker 3: Like what would be your mental checklist?
Speaker 10: If you're going against a guy with.
Speaker 12: Those skills him him running away from you, you gotta get that dude to stop his feet.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 12: You know, if he gets a straight line, he can go, he can pull away. He got some real burners. I don't know exactly what he ran on in the forty, but I know it was real fast and I see what I see on film, so you gotta I would just try to run and shoot my shot and make him have to stop his feet.
Speaker 1: Next to his Special teams coordinator Chris Horton.
Speaker 13: Good to see everyone today. I hope you guys are doing well for us. What a what an exciting game it was on last Sunday, and I couldn't couldn't be more fired up for my guy JT.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 13: He came out. There wasn't an easy kick, you know, he had that he had that win. It was blowing. But he went out there, he approached it. This is the next kick, and he did a great job. As far as all the other the other things that happened in the game, I'll start with the with the part return with Thailand in that situation, that's a situation where you know he's back there. I expect him to fill that ball. That's a ball that came off It came off low. That's one I think he could he could have filled it. Now with that being said, the returner you know making that decision, Uh, you don't want that ball on the ground either, So maybe there was something that he thought, you know, I couldn't go get this one. But going moving forward, we'd like to see our returners catch that ball. The other thing that I think that that showed up that really kind of affected us. Was the was the kickoff return with with with Chris Collier, you know, just just just having a young guy back there and uh, the way that ball came off the foot. He's going, he's trying to he's trying to fill that ball and he doesn't.
Speaker 11: He doesn't have a.
Speaker 13: Good feel for should I should I let that ball hit the ground, catch it off the bounce, or should I just try to run up there and get it in that situation. I think, you know, I just got to do a better job probably putting him in that situation a little bit more of giving him a short kick so so he can fill that ball or let it hit the ground. Other than that, I thought our guys played hard. I thought we played physical. I thought the other part return Tie had for eleven yards he did a great job catching that ball, getting vertical and giving our offense the ball on the side the fifty.
Speaker 11: This week.
Speaker 13: Really just looking forward to seeing our guys just continue to keep improving. We know it's gonna be it's gonna be a physical game. Uh we turn on that tape, the way the commander of Special Teams is playing, It's gonna be fun, it's gonna be it's gonna be exciting for us to go out there and just continue to improve on the things that we're doing and uh try to get ourselves as best we can be when we get out of that game.
Speaker 11: Questions Chris related to.
Speaker 8: Those two issues you talked about in the return game. I mean, obviously you were missing Deionte. When did you kind of finally learn that Deontay wouldn't be available? And how disruptive with that the preparation for last week?
Speaker 11: You know it was it was a game time decision.
Speaker 13: Uh, it came all the way down to the wire, and uh, you know when you go into that and those things happen. You got a You got an experienced guy that's called a lot of punts in his career.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 13: Thailand has experience, uh, but hasn't had a lot of returns. He's benefited a lot from the returns that he's had, right, He's made plays for us. So we do trust him and he was the next guy up. We got a lot of faith in him. I got a lot of faith in him.
Speaker 11: The guy.
Speaker 13: The guy can create plays. He's got a great average when he does get the ball. But that was we learned that really leading up to that game.
Speaker 11: Do you think.
Speaker 10: The the I guess the less familiar rules with the landing zone and such could contribute to the indecision maybe on a play like the Colier play or is that not really the issue?
Speaker 13: No, that particular play, I don't think that was that was an issue. I think that ball was fair enough past the twenty yard line where he thought, you know what, maybe I need to get up there. I can fill this one. In his mind, he thought, I can run up there and I can fill this When the ball fell short on him, right, that's that's an unfortunate situation. It's a great it's a great learning experience for us.
Speaker 11: All.
Speaker 13: You know, had that ball been you know a little bit closer to the sideline, maybe hey you let that one hit and it goes out of bounce. But that wasn't the case. Seeing it from the sideline, I thought that was the case. And then you don't you don't overreact. You know, you go talk to the kid because you need him, right he's back there.
Speaker 11: You need the returner. And then just watching it on the watching it.
Speaker 13: After the game, you realize, okay, you you see the decision that he tried to make. That ball could have hit the ground and went the other way right, and then everyone would have been saying, like, why didn't he catch that ball? You know, So there's just there's a lot of learning, uh experiences from that play, and I think moving forward will be fine.
Speaker 5: There he's been saying all year, You're not worry in the least about Justin Tucker and and long field goals, because it's satisfying now to see that in that moment to make the kick in that wind and everything that went with that.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I was, oh, a hundred percent. You know, it's a one.
Speaker 13: It's it's just it's very exciting for our for our team, you know, to to to to go out there kick that field goal with that with with that wind blowing and the way it was blowing.
Speaker 11: I mean, I've again, I've said it all year.
Speaker 13: We have all the faith in the world and Justin and this dude is still a heck of a player.
Speaker 11: He's still a heck of a kicker.
Speaker 13: He still has the lecstre and to get the ball there and and what was going on with that win. I mean, he smashed that ball and and that's the guy that we know, right and that's the that's the justin that every time he goes out there, that's who he wants to be, and sometimes it doesn't happen. Right, there's there's there's no need to get down on the guy. There's no need to say, well, can he still do it? Can he still do this? Hell yeah he can still do it right And he proved that the other day.
Speaker 8: During your time playing with Redskins, do you remember there being a rivalry at all with the Ravens and and how would you describe that dynamic?
Speaker 11: Not at all, I do.
Speaker 13: I do not remember it being a rivalry, but I do remember when when I got here there was There was one time I was talking to Jerry and he said he was showing some tape and I was like, man, you guys ran a fake on us in the preseason.
Speaker 11: I was like, I didn't think that was that was acceptable and he was like, yeah, we had to.
Speaker 13: And I was just like, that's the one thing I remember about about the game of just playing those guys, man, it was it was exciting, but I mean it's again, it's uh, we're we're looking forward to it. Those guys are those guys are playing well, Kudos to what they've done.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 13: The first five weeks, and uh, it's gonna be a good challenge for for our unit.
Speaker 1: In the locker room. We also heard from a tight end of Mark Andrews at just.
Speaker 9: Three tight Ends obviously in there.
Speaker 11: Just what it's it been like to to see that group.
Speaker 9: Kind of take center stage the Lamas Day having.
Speaker 7: Here, I mean, just dud making plays and that's that's always good to see. Uh, we got a lot of guys that can step up and make plays big times. And it doesn't matter who it is, but guys are stepping up and doing their job, and that's what it's about.
Speaker 1: What do you think of the offense? Is a groover right now? You guys are coming up with you the short ends.
Speaker 4: I feel like it's an.
Speaker 7: Agrovement in that carrio a week to week, Yeah it is, and it's always, you know, kind of what have you done for me lately? And what can you what can you prove week by week? And you know, we're not satisfied. We've got to keep going, got to keep you know, proving ourselves. And this week's another great opportunity for us to to go out there and show who he can be.
Speaker 8: How happy are you to see Charlie Cole or make those plays in the receiving game. Obviously he's had to do a lot as a blocker to make those plays.
Speaker 7: They're the big fat white guy man. No, it's good though. He works extremely hard. He's a hard worker and he deserves all that. And he's just gonn continue to continue to get better and better, and I'm happy for him.
Speaker 9: Marking a lot of talks this week about the potential for a rivalry with the Commanders, you personally could.
Speaker 11: Give any bad feelings to word then after.
Speaker 9: What happened in Freddy Camp last year.
Speaker 7: No, No, that's not in my mind.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 7: My mind is going out there and do my job to best of my ability and competing with my brothers, my teammates, and you know, getting to win.
Speaker 5: The hyper around this game is around both offices and quarterback play.
Speaker 7: With all due respect of Jade Daniels, it's still kind of early to put him in the same sentence with Lamar, Jacks and Parasol. It's different. You know, Lamar's my guy and forever will be so, and to me, he's He's a goat in my eyes. You know, I don't look at any of anybody else you know.
Speaker 1: So we also heard from a fellow tight end, Charlie Koller.
Speaker 6: When you see how good you guys have been in the run game last week, we saw you guys have to do it through the past the game. What does that do for you guys as an offense to know you can win in a variety of ways.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it's a big conference builder, you know. Like you said, we've been running the ball so effectively against Dallas and Buffalo, so I have the pass game going as well as big you know, get the receivers involved, all tight ends. It's awesome. So hopefully we just keep building on that and obviously want to get as balanced as possible as some games to call from more one way or the other.
Speaker 10: So every week, did it feel like you're unlocking a new level of this offense with the way you're.
Speaker 11: Able to win?
Speaker 14: I mean kind of yeah. I mean it's like, even on the stats are great, but we don't start the game with the number one like off were still start with zero points. So it's like, I think a large part of it is kind of reminding ourselves that we have to do it again and then again and then again, and.
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter at all.
Speaker 14: What the last week was. There's no carryover port points. But to your question is like, I do think there's As the offense continues to evolve, like you said, there'll be more levels plays, off plays, off plays, and then it would be cool to see it evolve.
Speaker 6: We got two of the top scoring offenses in the league on you and Washington this week. As a guy on the offense, do you get excited about the idea of this potentially being a game where a lot of points.
Speaker 3: Are put up.
Speaker 14: No, I would like to blowout I think. I think I just saw him a little bit on crossover film versus the Bengals. Obviously, they're very explosive, you know, the quarterbacks that have a want of success. They got players at all all the levels, all different spots. But I believe in our defense a lot. I think Zo and the defensive staff is fantastic and they're gonna keep getting better. And I think that's a heck of a staff, heck of a talented defense, and I think they're gonna be an elite defense by the end of the year. And like Harves and them talk about like just little things finding corrections, but I see that group is so talented and so passionate that I'm fully confident that they're not out there and playing incredible football. It's like you said, one of the best offenses is a hard at.
Speaker 5: Times when you look around and you said, you know when you look at that tight end room and you know it's such such great talent there and you're young player trying.
Speaker 3: To come in and find a way, but no one those guys are there.
Speaker 5: And he's like, is it a part of Bang?
Speaker 3: Your help against Watson? I feel like, how do I get past it?
Speaker 11: But to now he's gotten there, make plays.
Speaker 3: Enjoy some of them, set him be a part of that too. What's that journey?
Speaker 14: Even like I don't think you ever get there in football, you know, it's just like you want to keep getting better.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 14: I mean obviously you know every player wants to play it wants the ball. But I'm I like, I like, I love football, like I love my team. Like whatever the role is, I'm going to do it. And it's easy to play alongside guys like Pat Mark and Isaiah when everyone is like genuinely happy for each other and like works together and works hard, and so it's a great room to be a part of. So obviously, you know everyone wants to play it more and wants the ball, but I'm incredibly blessed.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Ravens Press Pass podcast. Make sure you hit that subscribe button. We will be back with you again tomorrow