Speaker 1: Whoa. Well, if it isn't my Chris stops persingis he's reportedly back in the lineup. The MAVs and Celtics are kicking things off on Thursday for this installment of the NBA Finals, and we're discussing the upcoming series and a lot more with comedian and our favorite cousin, Blake Wexler on today's episode.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, no, no, no, Blake.
Speaker 1: We yeah yeah finals. Yeah wait now you say your name?
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm Jack O'Brien.
Speaker 3: And this is my three got it? Luca, don chic hitch t k.
Speaker 2: There you go and be driving, spinning.
Speaker 1: Lebron's got it with five? Is gonna try another three?
Speaker 3: Mister?
Speaker 2: Look Bron James to be honest with the time. Okay, no shots.
Speaker 4: What you got Mike Wexler, you're a fantastic comedian. You're doing some live shows in Austin June fourteen to fifteenth, Phil Wexler, Yeah, today, Bosti's welcome.
Speaker 1: How are you swimming?
Speaker 2: Lessons on?
Speaker 5: I'm doing good. I'm doing really good. Thank you for having me, and yeah, I'm psych for the finals. I'm stuck to break down all the latest gossip.
Speaker 2: Just texted me.
Speaker 6: We had to get Philly to the finals one way or another. I don't appreciate that. To bar, I don't appreciate it. That's poor taste. And I think it a finals.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, ezamber three ring a bell, there's two thousand and one ring a bell.
Speaker 6: I think it doest thing about the wa That was crazy.
Speaker 1: That was great. Let's live in that moment. We stepped over you.
Speaker 6: That was one small step for Ai, one giant leap for mankind in Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: One giant conversation piece all we have for.
Speaker 1: We put the pressure on, though, didn't we We put the pressure on. We did.
Speaker 6: It's that time of year, one of my favorite times of the year when I get to root for a great player who I never would otherwise get to root for. In this case, Luka donca, Oh, this is gonna be.
Speaker 2: I can't wait, man, this.
Speaker 1: Is gonna be.
Speaker 6: It's gonna be like going to a horror movie and getting to cheer for Michael Myers.
Speaker 2: You know, Oh, okay, I get I get to cheer for the bad guy.
Speaker 6: This is yeah, because I can't, like, I never know what it's like to root for these people until they play the Celtics in like a very high stakes situation and uh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you're a backcourt with no muscle definition on their arms whatsoever. Are the team for you? And that's why I've been pulling for them all year. My mad exactly facing off again, I want to see myself on the court. Yeah, and that's what I see, exact same exactly.
Speaker 1: I want to two barns straight from I want the Deltoy definition of a lego. Man, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: And that's what we get. It's this is going to be gri I mean, look, Luca, he's leading pretty much everything except blocks. It feels like going into this finals and you might.
Speaker 1: Be leading that most points, most rebounds, most assists, most steels, mostly pointers, yeah, most lucers.
Speaker 2: I mean he's got one ever. Yeah, No, that's that's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Steele.
Speaker 2: I didn't see Steel's coming.
Speaker 6: He's like a good He's a smart player on offense, obviously demonstrably so on defense. He's always in the right position, and it feels like so, I don't know, I think he's pretty good at basketball. Oh what do you guys say? Yeah, I'm a little crazy like that.
Speaker 2: I don't want to go that far. Yeah, jury's out on this guy.
Speaker 6: All that being said, if they were to win the series the Mavericks, they would tie the twenty sixteen Cleveland Cavaliers as the third biggest underdogs to win the NBA Finals behind not not like heading into the playoffs, like heading into right now. They would be the third biggest underdogs to ever win, behind the two thousand and four Pistons.
Speaker 2: That one came out of nowhere. We don't even know who they beat wins championships.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've never heard of Ben Wallace. I don't know what Detroit is as a concept. I don't even know if anyone was in the finals that year, But I guess I'll take your word for it.
Speaker 6: The Raptors who beat the Warriors, and then the Cavs who beat the Warriors. Yeah, the Raptors one was pretty much like that. There were two major injuries, so like that that kind of a split that one. Yeah, yeah, but yeah, this would be so this would be just a wild upset. The Celtics, as we've been talking about all year, are a historically great team, and yeah, it feels like one of those things where we get the media narrative, like we get a bunch of momentum built up in the media narrative, and then we see a couple of games, then it's like, oh.
Speaker 2: Right, the Celtics are really good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but everybody is the Celtics are so uh you know, the Celtics are such the Celtics that I feel like this is the first time the Mavericks have been like the public.
Speaker 2: Team, the team that everyone's like, yeah, right, yeah, Jack, I am oh good? No no, no, no, no, no, I don't want to know a jack of I don't want to anymore.
Speaker 5: The moment passed of those teams that you mentioned who had like the biggest upsets ever, I think the MAVs other than that those Calves teams, but even the Calves really only had I wouldn't even count Lebron or I'm sorry, like a Kevin Love in that situation as a second star, where the MAVs have two massive stars and like I think, unassailably so, whereas those other teams, like the Pistons, were kind of like a sum of its parts, you know, like better than the whole or if that's even a phrase. But I do think this is an interesting one where they do have a good supporting cast and two bonafide superstars, where those other upset teams kind of didn't.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's interesting because the Celtics are kind of a super team that is like that a little bit, like they're a super team that isn't like dominated by like one great player.
Speaker 2: And they're home grown too, like those guys were drafted. Yeah, I wish I didn't dislike them so much. The story so harsh and beat.
Speaker 1: They're gonna be so hard to be Like you think about that, the eight Man of how they can all shoot threes. Yeah, it's it's just gonna be I don't know. I mean, I I again as we you know, last week we're I think we were with Warren Shaw and he was being very kind to us as a Celtics fan. Is I was having an existential.
Speaker 6: Come on, he's it all Celtics fans come on condescending, Yeah, just condid Like the fact that he was being so nice that it was condescend was a shot.
Speaker 1: He was taking shots by being like, well, I'm not as confident as you are, and like, oh, you're not as confident as I am.
Speaker 6: Yeah, listening to the Bill Simmons podcast this week, because he like believes in jinxes and like magic and he so he was like talk talking about how the Celtics are like a super team and like under rated and all all the things like this would be one of the biggest upsets. And then he's like, but yeah, I think like the Madsen probably like I wants you know, He's like, I think the MAVs probably like the.
Speaker 1: Thing is a reverse jinx. Doesn't work just because you articulate the thing you have to the universe. No, when you wanergetically, Yeah, and I think you like seven. But he was like it's really good, Luke is gonna like do great.
Speaker 6: And I was like, you don't actually believe this, bro, I sus fans are just they're trying to make themselves the underdog while also being just so confident.
Speaker 1: To a to a degree that is it's hard to occupy both because I get it. It's it's such a trap, right, It's either we're gonna win, don't worry about it, or you have to contend with like what if you lose? But what if you lose? And that that makes you have to be like, well, you know, you never know what because you don't want to be the person taking the l on the chin by being like, what happened? Man? I thought I thought it was a cake walk because you were you were old this for all the years of dominance kind of thing.
Speaker 2: I would just go with what Bill Simmons says.
Speaker 6: I actually so I agree whatever Bill Simmons says, but only on movies, because I think he has the best taste in movies, best analysis of movies. I because I like to watch a movie and be thinking the whole time. Yeah, but who's winning this scene?
Speaker 2: Who's winning this winning this scene?
Speaker 6: It's every movie is a competition between different people, and I want to know who's who won that scene, and were.
Speaker 2: They on Apex mountain, Apex whatever they say.
Speaker 5: Pack a mountain. It's a Lama based reference that no one understands.
Speaker 1: Luca's knee was something that came up in the press conference and he was asked like, hey, man, you've got about four days off so far, how's the knee? And he said it didn't get any better. Some people are taking that as to be like, oh, no, well it to me, I think he's gotten this far and he's doing a said job. If this feels like a bit of mind games, a little bit like you probably want to put your opponent to like enter this this series, like with every bit of confidence or overconfidence you can get out of them to hopefully sucker punch. I don't know, but I don't know if that's much of an issue, but.
Speaker 6: Does remind me of the fact that for every series up to the Minnesota series, people were like, yeah, but Luca must be hurt, like the way he's playing, like he still was doing enough to win. Yeah, if he looks like ninety percent against the Celtics, like I think they're going to lose, So I don't I'm hoping that that's just gamesmanship, that he's gonna come out.
Speaker 1: Could you imagine he's like, man, I'm cooked, y'all, I'm sorry, Yeah, yeah, Denny is scrambled eggs. What can I say?
Speaker 2: Good luck to everybody, you know, I'm just hoping helping I walk out of here.
Speaker 1: I'm my two feet.
Speaker 2: Wheels himself out of the room. He plays two and it's a night and it's like, oh, he wasn't kidding, Oh no, yeah, two points close up of his knee when he was walking.
Speaker 1: It looked like someone's playing with a lie.
Speaker 2: Those stress toys to believe the amount of flex that was in there.
Speaker 6: The Celtics are the first team in the twenty eight years for which we have play by play data to statistically be the best team in the regular season plus eleven point seven points per one hundred possessions and in each of the first three rounds of the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's the math there.
Speaker 6: So I think the thing that, like, you know, there, there's the history them being the Celtics, them being Boston. People generally don't like Boston teams. But I also think there's just something that's like kind of unremarkable about Tatum that makes people just like not, you know, not want to root for him for whatever reason. And I think that is what is blinding people to what a big mismatch this series could be.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 6: Granted I am reverse jinxing them, and I could see a world where the Mavericks win, but Boston is is incredible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're they're great, They're great, and yeah, yeah, where it's as much as I want to, I have a I just don't. Well we'll see, well, well we'll get our predictions later. Maybe I'll maybe I'll have a change of heart.
Speaker 2: Let me just put my head in the books and figure out how they can pull this off. You'll figure it out. I think you are right to where there.
Speaker 5: It just hasn't been exciting with the Celtics at all, you know, the entire and you have these two absolute super so they're just not like weird, but they're so good where you know they're they're just great players who are normal guys, seemingly normal guys, and it's it makes you forget. You don't watch them in the same way that you like you watch I think people who are you know, maniacs.
Speaker 1: So yeah, but I agree with you about like ruthless winning teams. It's not it's not always about the excitement. It's just about I'm your deadly efficiency of being like, yeah, what do we need to win? Okay, we'll get it done. Yeah yeah, And then you're like again, but we well, we'll see, we'll see, we'll see. Should take a break, Yeah, let's take a quick Break's take a break, all right, let's take a quick break.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let me get my head right now.
Speaker 1: We'll come back for some.
Speaker 5: Predictions, and we're back, and we're I love the idea of a host who needs to take a break to get their head, right, it's not it's not for advertising.
Speaker 2: There's no advertising.
Speaker 1: Guys. I need to take a break.
Speaker 5: Guys, I am I'm losing it right now. I feel physically I'll be I'll be back when I can come back. Okay, I gotta take.
Speaker 2: That back, all right?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: That was three days. We're back after day break.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for a three day crisis. Yeah. My voice sounds a little bit different because I have trying to wrap my head around it. I mean, this was something we were talking about on the discord, asking everybody Finals, winner, Finals, m VP, unsung hero predictions. See a lot of stuff out here, See a lot of stuff, See people saying a lot of a lot of Celtics fans. Then I get it because so because the statistics say they're gonna put the smack down. Okay, that's one way to look at it. What about those of us.
Speaker 2: That live in a world of pure imagination?
Speaker 1: Can I just give you my Can I give you my prediction?
Speaker 2: Let's hear it. Yes, MAVs in four maps and four.
Speaker 1: I needed a break. I needed a break to get my head and I did MAVs in four okay or MAVs in seven okay? Okay, can I tell you why though, We'll still want this is what the MAVs gott to do. Basically, Boston can't play as good as they normally do and the MAVs have a chance.
Speaker 2: Do they have to ask them to do that? Or you think it's just it's gonna see what happens.
Speaker 6: How So, rude if Boston came in and like played the way that they normally do, like because we're like America wants to see the Lucas story exactly.
Speaker 1: Exactly and their class act. So I can see them doing that just for the good of the game. And then yeah, actually no, I'm switching it to I'm switching itt to Celtics and for okay, no, you know what MAVs is seven go back. That'll feel better. That's gonna feel the best for me as a Laker fan is for it to go seven games and just for the MAVs to win, and that would be in the garden, right, that would.
Speaker 6: Not that would be it MAVs at home and that one game seven would be in the garden. Seven we're going into the cathedral. To quote what the Celtics coach's favorite movie, Welledral tame Way Park is the cathedral.
Speaker 2: That's those of us who live in Boston.
Speaker 1: That's all we know.
Speaker 2: It is, as is the cathedral.
Speaker 1: Nobody.
Speaker 2: Gway Park is the also the cathedral, I should say that. And Foxboro Stadium up there is the Vatican. That's the Vatican, its own municipality where it has its own police force, its own rules, just like the Vatican does. That's perfect, that is perfect. They wear ridiculous hats, silly hats, helmet.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna go MAVs and five, moving along, all right? Yeah, now it's uh, yeah, yeah, it's I don't know, brain says Celtics and six, But like they're old NBA, a heart that has like witnessed lots of series where the team with the best player wins. Feels like it might be MAVs and seven, But I do think it's probably gonna be Celtics.
Speaker 2: In uh, Celtics and six.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna change mine. Actually, what's what's years is going to be my most I agree Celtics and six. Just whatever is the prevailing sentiment is out there.
Speaker 2: That seems to be the prevailing sentiment in the discord. Now we got Garaventag, MAVs and seven.
Speaker 1: Uh, and then Charlie Xavier like this, So I don't care. It's delusional. Boston toxicity has me manifesting total domination. I get it. I get it. Look, I think I'm just jealous that I don't get to be in the toxic driver's seat. Yeah this year, that's my favorite part about being a Laker fan. And they get to now.
Speaker 6: But once the Celtics win and we have to like listen to people talk about how Jason Tatum's like one of the best players in the league and the implication of all time, the implication that you know, the Sixers could have had them had him No, no.
Speaker 1: No, we could.
Speaker 2: Might have No that would have never had it possible that we couldn't. Yeah, Blake, what about you? What's your Where do your predictions land?
Speaker 1: Here? Give me one from your heart and one from your head.
Speaker 5: One from my heart Celtics in five okay because my heart's failing, and then from my head Celtics in four oh.
Speaker 2: No, because my head.
Speaker 1: I like how we're pretty resigned to Yeah, I mean, like again, I would love to see a match up. I think the Maps definitely have a shot if they can, you know, just on them on the offensive glass like they did with the timber. Like you know, there's the pieces are there, but it's whether or not it all comes together. And I think that's the hard part to see because again, I just think that Celtics have like mechanical efficiency at this point, which is hard to overcome.
Speaker 2: But right, yeah, guys, it doesn't feel right. I think I think I might switch it to like MAVs and seven. Yeah.
Speaker 6: The athleticism inside for the MAVs is uh turning me around here. They just they look hard to beat right now, and Boston feels I don't know, even though they're a super team, they get too many of their points from the three point line.
Speaker 2: The playoffs is all about getting points in yeah.
Speaker 1: I believe. And if it turns the hero ball, you like the Mavericks better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, so I like their ability to get a bucket. I'm back, baby.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: This is the weirdest time of the sports show I've ever had. It's very old, very weird. Word you're working for it looking, Yeah, you're hearing three grown men cope on my sad It is coping. This is hoping.
Speaker 1: This is Miles and Jack have terrible coping skills. There's a coping scandal. Yeah, they're hopped up on that cope. They're hopped up on cope. Yeah, all right.
Speaker 6: Luca has averaged twenty eight point eight points nine point six boards, eight point eight assists. If he maintains those numbers, he'd be just the third player to average at least twenty eight, eight and nine in the last fifteen playoff games, joining Lebron and Nicola Jokic. You guys see the video of Yo Kic whitewater rafting with his friends.
Speaker 1: No, is he back home already rafting?
Speaker 2: I couldn't tell if he was back home or not.
Speaker 6: But everybody in the raft, like, you couldn't tell which one was Jokic that like, everybody looked identical.
Speaker 2: It was weird. It's like, oh, he hangs out with just a bunch of people who look like him and are the same size as him.
Speaker 5: Somehow the water was blue until him and his friends got in it and then became whitewater. Thank you so much, Go ahead, all right, and back to you, Blake, back to me and back to me. Celtics and four, yeah, Mads and six.
Speaker 1: And then.
Speaker 6: I think we've predicted every possible outcome at this point, so I better get credit you guys if I picked this one.
Speaker 1: Wait, which what did you pick?
Speaker 2: I forget now too. I think MAVs and seven is what I picked.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, or or Celtics before that's that's.
Speaker 1: Kind of where I'm stuck between. It's Celtics are four Mas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's close. It's close. It's hard to figure which to pick.
Speaker 1: It's close.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, No, he was apparently the Tara Valley or something is where he went.
Speaker 6: All right, Uh, did you guys see the video of ant Man. There's a commercial of ant Man shooting hoops being like hearing the voice, hearing people.
Speaker 1: Doubt people's like mean tweets kind of thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, mean tweets of him shooting hoops and then getting getting mean tweets at him while shooting hoops. It was just like a a surprisingly quick turnaround from like bad performance in the conference finals and then immediately like a statement issued in commercial form, right, and maybe me saying it was a bad performance in the conference finals will be in the next version of this commercial.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, But his friend reads off the receipt. All right, some guy said he's let's record another one.
Speaker 5: I think that the Minnesota Timberwolves should trade ant and build around Cat and go bear.
Speaker 2: We're taking carbagger animals and Ant this NBA.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a big man's league.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that there was a like I think that they got a little contentious when Cameron was one of the receipts that was read and then Cameron replied in a freestyle back to him, it's everything has become so beef oriented recently, you know what I mean. Like, I'm like, Cam, you didn't have to record a whole freestyle like bigging up all these but I get it.
Speaker 2: You make a day of it, the whole afternoon, bringing a crew union crew.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know is that show union but anyway, but it is what it is. But yeah, it's a I think.
Speaker 1: It is what it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Again, I think it's just this is we're kind of in that taking shots era for sure, Like we're seeing it even more and more like just even outside of music, inside of music, like Billie Eilish, but like everybody's kind of everyone's in there beef era right now.
Speaker 2: So I got into a yeah with Taylor Swift, everything.
Speaker 1: Is about taking shots at each other now, Yeah, like, oh, Taylor want to put this album out to so to stifle Billy's album sales and Billy Twigger album.
Speaker 2: It's like all it's just all this back and forth, which is great.
Speaker 6: We got to figure out which We've been trying to start a beef with Bill Simmons, but unfortunately he doesn't know we exist.
Speaker 1: Yeah again, I tell you, we're gonna have to go to We're gonna have to pose his girl scouts selling cookies door to door and just pop out on him, you know, knock, knock, guess who, Why don't jack a bat Poostie's boom.
Speaker 2: You guys are gonna have to stop going to the gym.
Speaker 5: And then you're gonna have to just graduate from Northwestern and apply for a job to work with him.
Speaker 2: And then, yeah, I think you might be able to do it. I think you might be able to do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep, yep, yep, yep. Gosh, I'm just just still thinking of just still still thinking of maps, and yeah, I think I'm back of maps. I think maps and for Celtics and seven so.
Speaker 5: Tics and seven yeah, seven, I'm going man, are you Atlas MAVs and Celtics and four.
Speaker 2: In the sense that they will definitely play for they will Celtics and we will go for this one's going for.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Is it just that we don't want to be unequivocal because I mean, look, if we really said it out loud what we believed, then we have the shot at.
Speaker 2: The reverse jicks. Hmm, okay, let's do it on three.
Speaker 1: Do you okay? We're doing one two three? Man? Oh man, Well we've crowned our winner for sure back in Definity. How right we are we will?
Speaker 6: I mean, I wait, MAVs last last round against Minnesota.
Speaker 2: I think I'm doing it again. I'm picking the MAVs under wow, under Okay, uh, at least four, at least four.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't see that. It's a close series. I think it's going at least four.
Speaker 2: Yeah. All right, let's uh, let's take a break.
Speaker 6: I gotta get my I gotta get my head right, get me to do some breathing exercises, and we'll want to be right back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we're back. I still need a second, we still need to be on a break.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Your head's wrong, your head's my head's all right. Sorry, I didn't see that. Well, quick break all right, sorry.
Speaker 1: Let's take another break. We'll be right back.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I just don't know if I can get my head right. No, just real heavy thinking about that eighteenth banner going up in the garden. It's just a lot, you know, and I just don't want to be honest with the people.
Speaker 6: How you guys are seventeen seventeen? Yeah, yeah, that must want tough. As a Sixers fan, I got to say, that must be tough.
Speaker 1: Oh, you guys get it, thank you.
Speaker 2: You know that's all we get.
Speaker 1: That's all we get, is it?
Speaker 2: We get? We get it?
Speaker 1: Rings man, Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get I get it.
Speaker 1: I'm ready to come back.
Speaker 6: It looks a little bit better, right, Blake. I would say when we first came back, I looked grotesque, but I would I would say it made me sick to my stomach.
Speaker 2: But his head looks right.
Speaker 1: I need another break, just to deal with these comments. Man.
Speaker 5: Let's sorry, Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry sorry.
Speaker 1: Maps in five bas I think guys, just don't try to take shots at my head, you know.
Speaker 6: Okay, just like one of the sides keeps bulging out. I don't know if with everything I just.
Speaker 2: Started sleeping and stuff. Yeah, your head and a cast for two for two years for.
Speaker 5: Your favorite pillow company, got in some trouble over the past couple of years, and you haven't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, exactly.
Speaker 1: I think I'm ready to come back.
Speaker 2: I think your head looks very Yeah.
Speaker 6: He keeps asking, how am I supposed to know whose pillow it is? If the same of my pillow is not my pillow it.
Speaker 1: Is the it's like what it's like Odysseus esque riddles like the Cyclops.
Speaker 5: You're just writing your name, Miles on all the pillows in your house. They're mine, They're mine? Wait, no, are they mine?
Speaker 2: Or Miles to say, and we're back. We're back. My head's right. So Celtics and six.
Speaker 6: As you Meltics have heard that the thing that Miles really dealing with is the possibility of an eighteenth title that would put the Celtics ahead of the Lakers.
Speaker 1: Is that not just the just that is the subjects that is, that's that is the that's the sort of ammocles that hangs above me. Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: I don't think it's the only thing that our listeners are thinking about at all times, all hours of their wet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know put all wait, y'all not thinking about the redemption?
Speaker 1: How beautiful that was? Oh man?
Speaker 6: But as super producer Jabari Davis said, one since eighty six, so.
Speaker 2: Oh talking about the Celtics, Yeah, titles it is one. Yeah it was u KG, Paul Pierce.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, any I can do anything, Anything is possible, Anything, It's possible.
Speaker 6: A better catchphrase than the thing he was supposed to say, impossible is nothing was the Adidas catchphrase. Yes, and he was supposed to say impossible is nothing after he won the title, and instead he said anything is possible and he actually improved there. They should have just changed their catchphrase, but instead they were like, ah, by the way, do you see the story about him?
Speaker 2: U plan? Yeah, you sent it to me?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah about him? What uh? Context?
Speaker 2: Whatsoever? Good God? What can show the story that miles out next to me about the one about him? Blake Celtics and four.
Speaker 6: KG Yeah, KG just basically said that the whole the Charlie Murphy true Hollywood tailed out like hooping with Prince is real and in fact k who KG hooped with them and was like he's really good.
Speaker 1: He said he'll beat any nor he'll beat any civilian. Yeah, he said, his handle is nasty.
Speaker 6: And then there's like these images cut in of Prince hooping that I had never seen before.
Speaker 2: He's like at the rim, like incredible, Hey, the purple one.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, what it is? It is what it is. And I'm so tired, and now that we have our heads back on correct, I think it is time to just dive head first, headlong into the fourth QUARTERPIFI roundom question. This is the Q second podcasting history, Blake Wexler. We asked you a question. You just respond reply quickly, don't think too long, or else we'll be to you because we have to keep it m O v I n G moving maps and five.
Speaker 6: I hear you.
Speaker 1: It.
Speaker 6: Usually Miles doesn't actually say the word after he spells it, but with you, he felt the need to. I wouldn't take that any certain sort of way.
Speaker 2: I just want to make sure he knows how to spell yeah, to make sure I understood what you were saying.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go, Blake, Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Yes, let's keep it moving. Celtics in four Celtics and four let's keep.
Speaker 1: Start the clock the c O m O O V I n c K. You spoke for zingists right now. I don't know how to spell Wexler. Who goes first? Jack Zinger?
Speaker 2: Who goes first? Be straight with us? Yeah, be honest first, Blake goes first. I'll go first. Yeah, Blake, you cover, you go first?
Speaker 5: Okay, Big Country Bryant Reeves, your Shelvin Mack will go around the horn. Who would you rather have in the fourth quarter game on the line?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Right now?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, right now? Like we take him?
Speaker 6: Would he was like a top five pick. I think they were just like, well, he was really famous and well known six overall in the nineteen ninety five NBA draft. Uh, Oklahoma State? Is that where he went?
Speaker 2: I believe bliek so or no ar there's some keep it moving answer my question? Keep it moving?
Speaker 1: Okay, my bad. Brian Reeves.
Speaker 2: Went to Butler re.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Jabari usually doesn't have to come on and tell us to keep it moving, but he just did there.
Speaker 1: Or he said, wait, guys, you have the forum completely wrong. You're supposed to ask the guest question. Yeah, exactly, Blake.
Speaker 6: You can go back in time to Oh no, it's a Blake all right, Yeah, go back, Blake.
Speaker 2: You can go back in time.
Speaker 6: To personally witness ani finals match up from history. However, many games the series went. You get courtside tickets to each game, which you choose them, Blake, which you choosen?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would go back to It was the Lakers that, sorry, Miles, that and Jabari and then probably all of our listeners that the Detroit Pistons beat right that.
Speaker 2: The biggest.
Speaker 5: I would want to watch that, and I'm not I'm not gonna and I'm a little a little sneaky pete here I do.
Speaker 2: I would.
Speaker 5: I would legitimately want to watch that because I think those Pistons teams are some of the most interesting teams and also scored forty points per game.
Speaker 2: And I would want to see it. I remember that Game three, we scored sixty eight points and he was on that team. Miles, do you have any scorers on that team? Anyone who can put the ball in the basket. It was me with my lego arms, and I told Bill, Hey, bro, don't put me in man.
Speaker 1: I'm nineteen, I'm not ready for this, and I'm also never played.
Speaker 6: That's a got of basketball the Blake likes. He's a He's at his favorite basketball coach all time. Eight off Rup. It's nineteen fifties University of Kentucky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a.
Speaker 5: Shame what Calipari did to that whole program, the way he ruined it with his scoring. But yeah, I think it was a problematic guy. Yeah, yeah, Blake, Yes.
Speaker 2: Can I just ask you again? What's your prediction for the finals?
Speaker 5: I'm going to go And I said this once and I've said it in seventeen different times, I'm going Celtics and six.
Speaker 1: Now next question, Finals MVP.
Speaker 2: I'm going to go. I mean I'm going to go. Jayalen Brown, Wow, that's where I'm going to go with.
Speaker 5: You could have said Lebron. Dude could have said Lebron, but you could have should have. I'm not going to say that because he's not going to win, because it's going to be the MAVs in five?
Speaker 1: Jayleen Brown?
Speaker 2: Is that with Jayalen Brown?
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: I love that worst prediction.
Speaker 1: I love that. I love that if somehow that was a bet you could take. What would the odds be that that part one in a million? Just like you guys and our friendship, they would say an impossibility. Sir, Please leave right now.
Speaker 2: That's right, sir? What are you saying, so you're bleeding. Why are you? You're bleeding too much to be in this sports. But every time I up to the OTB window, my nose starts bleeding. What am I supposed to do about it? Bleed at home? Ye?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that is true, though, Jabbari, don't bring up the Jerry West is the first NBA Finals MVP on the losing team.
Speaker 2: Like faces of the NBA for the next five years, go Anthony Edwards.
Speaker 5: Trey Young is probably the funniest pick pick because it's like you could justify it.
Speaker 2: But you're wrong.
Speaker 5: No, it'll be Brownie James and Anthony Edwards, Stephen Gobert.
Speaker 1: No, I would.
Speaker 5: Is a little brother, a little brother, Baby Gobert and you know the baby that ruined the Western Conference final, thank you? And no, I would say Tyres, Maxie, Anthony Edwards. You wanted five, correct?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think it's still the five years but yeah, yeah, but I have go ahead, We'll let you do five. I don't want to do five at all. I don't want to do five like in the least.
Speaker 1: I don't most five AE and MAXI mm hmm, okay, okay, yeah, that's what you're saying.
Speaker 6: And you think who's the holdover? You're gonna say, and you think it's still going to be Lebron. I think Lebron's still going to be playing at the age of forty four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, easily, I think.
Speaker 2: And you'll be putting up like twenty one, nine and eight.
Speaker 6: Then it was conspicuous that you left Joe Mizula out. Do you you don't think he's gonna.
Speaker 2: Come back and play again?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, coach.
Speaker 1: Next prediction true? Our next question? Sorry, take away there?
Speaker 2: What's your prediction for the NBA Finals? I that's that's interesting.
Speaker 1: You asked that.
Speaker 5: I I don't like to give predictions, Okay, but I'll do it on this show for the first time.
Speaker 2: I will go celt in five.
Speaker 5: Actually wow, Yeah, I'm gonna go out on a lamb and say Celtics in five and Mad's in six.
Speaker 1: Okay. Follow up, if I'm watching a seventy six ers game in Philadelphia, do that?
Speaker 2: Don't do it? Go ahead?
Speaker 1: Next question?
Speaker 2: No, we gotta keep going. And I'm hungry. What do I eat in the arena? You gotta have a cheese steak lad and catch yeah mine onions? Bring your own pencils. Yeah, I would go. So they have these.
Speaker 5: Insanely large slices of pizza that like seems like, oh oh well, how big by slice of pizza is, and then you have to still eat it. It's legitimately like an elephant's ear. I don't know, really, it's yes, it's insane. It's and it's not even like presented as look at how funny this.
Speaker 2: Slice of pizza is. It's just presented as this is how big a slice of pizza should be. Because we Bargo Center the Flyers play there too, right correct?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, because I'm seeing a picture of a Flyers fan eating a pizza the size of.
Speaker 2: An elephant ear? Is how big it is? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 2: Or or an airbag that went off, or it looks like a one dimensional wizard's hat. Wizards that very It's just this triangle.
Speaker 1: Is the pizza good though?
Speaker 2: Uh? It's it's like it's for ballpark or steadium pizza. It's it's good. How do you feel about ketchup on your on my pizza pizza?
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 5: I substitute marinara sauce with ketchup and I find it delightful.
Speaker 2: I put I put ketchup on hot dogs for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay, I.
Speaker 2: Love ketchup is bad? Is that a bad thing in Philly too? I was saying the quality of the pizza. How do you feel about ketchup as the red sauce on pizza?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. You were making a funny joke and I cut you off with.
Speaker 1: We both missed pure confusion.
Speaker 6: All right, Blake, We've seen teams like Memphis few years back. Okay, see this year, Orlando this year, take that next step over the last few years. Can you give us a team or two you expect to do the same next season?
Speaker 1: Blake?
Speaker 2: Like, I don't know the Sixers forgot? They take a step forward.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 6: Plummet in the standing next year, and from our expectations, who replaces them near the top of the standard?
Speaker 2: Near the top there? Instead?
Speaker 1: Did I tell you?
Speaker 5: I came up with an idea for the Sixers and I might need your help with it. So you're familiar with in college football s mu got quote unquote the death penalty was what it was called b they weren't allowed to play football. I think that not death, but I think like a coma penalty where the Sixers shouldn't be allowed to play basketball.
Speaker 2: For two years.
Speaker 5: I'm dead secrets and they don't lose the team, I'm dead spurious. So just pause, press pause, because the thing it has to stop. We need to stop bleeding. You know, this is this is a tourniqu hit. This is not surgery. So stop the bleeding and then take two. So we're gonna have two expansion teams a right, because I want expansion teams in the league.
Speaker 2: Seattle needs a team. Seattle really needs a team.
Speaker 5: And I swear to guy, if they give Vegas a team before Seattle, I'm going to scream at the top of my lungs outside of the Wells Fargo Center before I'm picked out of the parking lot.
Speaker 1: In your eyes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know where all the Sonics fans hang out, the parking lot. Yeah. So the Sixers are divided across two expansion teams. There's two players on the team currently.
Speaker 5: Well, so there's going to be a an expansion draft. So the first year Sixers are out, we try it out in one city. So then the like Seattle gets an expansion draft, okay, and then maybe we only do one year. Then the next year okay, and these players, by the way, their contracts are still the same contracts. So if you know, Max has four years left on his deal. At the end of the two years, he's still yeah, still has two years, but they get an option to come back. They won't want to, but they get an option to come back to Philadelphia if they want. And then we bring in another team I think to even out because we need to have an even number of teams. So then we bring in another expansion team for the second year and they get the Sixers players, and then we do a fantasy draft at the expansion draft the third year.
Speaker 2: All right, that was very easy, and the NBA is listening very It was very easy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that much.
Speaker 6: After the two years, the players have the option to come back, but none of them will. And then a team of is yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the team the team of clowns, Yeah, for sure. And the clowns they also have to be drafted, so it's not like the Sixers get first choice of clown Yeah.
Speaker 2: They have yeah, the way Wire just like everyone else.
Speaker 1: And finally, Blake Wexler, this is the most important question that we ask in this segment. Give me your finals prediction for the two twenty four finals. Okay, the finals prediction, m hm.
Speaker 2: This is tough. This yeah, this is one. Didn't mean to ask you this at right at the end of the whole.
Speaker 1: Episode, but got no no no.
Speaker 2: I thought we're gonna get through the episode without having to do this.
Speaker 5: I would go, uh mav Celtics in mat Maverick, I would go Mavericks.
Speaker 2: I would go Celtics in six. Okay, yeah, a good.
Speaker 1: Night there, folks. You can take to the bank. Take it to the bank, Wexler Bank. So much joining us on Miles of Jack got mad Boosti's clake. Where do the people find you? Follow you? Check you out all that.
Speaker 5: You can find me at Capsidy Comedy Club in Austin, Texas, June fourteenth to fifteenth, Backyard Comedy in Nashville, Tennessee, June twenty seven. And then I'm hosting a show for the Philadelphia Eagles actually called lis l I E S and uh we have players on. It's a funny like little game show that I do with the players which has been unreal. So check that out on the Philadelphia Peoples YouTube Dream Controul.
Speaker 1: Yeah tu sure. You can follow the show at hashtag mad boostis BA sd I E s as. You can find show links updates and look. If you need more info on how to join the Discord server, you find it by searching that hashtag and you can follow me on Twitter at Miles of Gray.
Speaker 2: I'm at Jack Underscore O'Brien and that was another landmark edition of Miles and Jack on Mad Boosties.
Speaker 1: We'll be back finals where we will be absolutely vindicated in all of our predictions.
Speaker 2: You're on seven Mads and seven at Ray Mads in four, Celtics in three, got in two, see you in one.
Speaker 1: Bye bye.
Speaker 2: The educational Arson musicationalation