Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: Carol Master along with Tim Stanwick, let's get to you some stocks on the move on this Monday. Joining us to do that, of course, it's Bloomberg News. Cross a reporter Janita t Sekova. She is here with stocks on the move.
Speaker 2: Where shall we begin.
Speaker 3: Let's start with Crypto. We're talking about good quarters, but Crypto has had a pretty bad quarter and where else to look at a micro strategy. It's actually down forty percent here today and today's day relief. Michael Sawer's company isn't feeling a sweeping overhaul of that financial model that has been boosting the company for quite some time. They plan to sell up to one point and a quarter billion of bitcoin, which seems crazy. It seems for a very long time that the company was a big older. They keep buying, they keep buying. Clearly that model is changing and there is a lot of pressure. They established two repurchase programs of their own shares, both Common and Prefer shares up to one billion each. The motto is they're gonna sell cryptocurrencies, buybacked securities, and preserve equality for the company. Clearly a model that works in pretty tough times. But shares are up thirteen percent today.
Speaker 4: I think the concern that people have is if you have somebody like Michael Saylor, who is the epitome of the bitcoin faithful, starting to liquidate some of the bitcoin, you know, and these guys were you know, original hoddlers, then what does it mean about the overall attitude around the cryptocurrency.
Speaker 3: And you can see it in sentiment, you can see it in big cooin prices. Of course, a lot of a big part of the prolonged crypto winter was part of the fact that micro strategy is selling and a lot of the you know, even like mim cryptocurrencies, a lot of the ETFs around it, like the whole universe of complex speculative bits around crypto is sinking. It's not just strategy, It's not just bitcoin.
Speaker 1: I mean, so goes bitcoin, so goes strategy. Right strategy, I mean it's as simple as that, because you just take a look at what it's balanceeet is, so you know, when it's doing really well, yay, but when it's not it's a pretty clear story and cause and effect, if you will. All right, let's go on over to another company and stock that is storing today.
Speaker 3: Very different story. Comcast plans to spin off NBC Universal and Sky. Of course, that comes after a decade the company has been kind of struggling to show that a cable and media conglomerate is working. But today we saw quite the reaction in earlier training in such as much as seventeen percent. Now it's about six percent. The ticker we're looking at is cmc SA. They of course have common shares and preferred shares. The new company, NBC Universal will hold the theme park division, Universal Fume, NBC Telemundo, and Peacock streaming services as well as well as in Europe they have.
Speaker 1: Sky Wedding games. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, Comcast, we retained the company cable TV, broadband and wireless, so it's splitting. It's really interesting. The company will keep us take of up to twenty percent in NBC Universal for as much as twelve months. Of course, a lot can change in the meantime, but clearly the direction of travel is that cable viewership is going down and they're separating the businesses.
Speaker 4: I mean it's pretty wild. If you've been following this story over the last fifteen years or so, I mean this is this was such a big deal. Yeah, yeah, when they bought those assets and now I mean the unbundling of it, the unraveling of it is. It just says so much about where we are in today's media. Ecosys Media.
Speaker 1: There was also a period go all the way back to General Electric, right, and it was kind of a star too of their universe or one of the aspects where you were making a lot of money off of cable. It's so interesting that this past weekend we were like, is it time to just get rid of cable completely and go to like YouTube TV?
Speaker 4: And even I know, we pay so much more than we would pay if we just had cable for all of these streaming services.
Speaker 1: And by the way, it's a bundle.
Speaker 4: They're getting very good at making so you can't actually share.
Speaker 3: Yes, they're getting very used to share a little.
Speaker 1: It's hardhart real quickly. Twenty five seconds on road Block.
Speaker 3: Roadbooks shares are up fifteen percent. We had an upgrade from a RATI. It's from neutral to buy. That company has been under so much pressure down forty one percent today. Some optimism. They set two hundred twenty twenty seven. Bookings come in five percent ahead consensus that company has a lot of lawsuits and issues going on, so definitely pretty dark topics happening there, and the company is having a tough here and a good day today.
Speaker 2: The Stock Mover's Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.
Speaker 1: Mm HM