Speaker 1: Welcome back to a numbers game with Ryan Gerdusky, where I try to give you the numbers behind the narrative. This is episode twelve, and I want to remind all my listeners that if you like my work, please smash the like and subscribe button and give me a review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify or iHeartRadio app wherever you get your podcasts. It really really helps and it makes a difference. I almost said politics and podcasts, but that's okay because I make a lot of You know, this is just how I talk. In the nineteen ninety hit film Ghost Whoopi Goldberg looks at Demi Moore and says, Molly, you endanger girl. Well, a series of new polls have come out on the how Americans feel the Democratic Party and well they're in danger. According to the NBC News poll that was released on Sunday, only seven percent of Americans have a very positive rating of the Democratic Party. Mind you that the nation of Russia right now has a three percent very positive ratings, So Democrats are twice as more likely to be popular with American voters as the aggressor in a European war. There are veneer diseases that are more popular right now than the Demoric party. And it gets worse for Democrats. When they ask them who they prefer to run Congress, forty seven percent of respondents say the Democrats and forty six percent say Republicans and five percent undecided. And you may think, well, Ryan, that's okay. I mean that Democrats have a point lead over Republicans the generic ballot. It is bad because it is substantially lower than the last time Trump was in office. At this time. In April twenty seventeen, in the same NBC News poll, they found the Democrats had a four point lead and there was a ten percent undecided, so there was a lot more to work with. And by June that number for Democratic that lead for Democrats had grown to eight points, basically the twenty eighteen wave. That wave for Democrats started forming in the beginning of twenty seventeen. We saw that coming, and we don't really see that coming the way it did right now. Some other headlines from polls that you may not be aware of is that a majority or plurality of people of the American public say that Trump is bringing the right kind of change more than the wrong change on issues like the economy, immigration, the size of government, to the Middle East, Ukraine, tariffs, inflation, and NATO on all those issues which you hear about complained by the mainstream media constantly. More Americans say he's doing the right thing than the wrong thing. Now, there is a lot to say that he's doing nothing, but still that number for Democrats where they want to be, should be much higher on the fact that he's doing the wrong thing impounding the issue. This is On's in from the NBC newsporpt. Thirty six percent of Americans say that they identify as part of the MAGA movement. Then maybe you're saying they're saying thirty percent. That's not high, it's not a majority. Well, for the first time ever, there are more people who say they're part of the MAGA movement and say that they're evangelical Christian. Thirty percent of the country identifies evangelical Christian thirty six percent as the MAGA movement. There are more people who say they're in the MAGA movement than are people who work in labor unions. So the MAGA movement right now is bigger population wise than labor unions and evangelical Christians. I think this underscores the problem Democrats have when they call them all extremists. You're likely to know someone in the Maga movement or identify themselves as part of the magam They could be you, they could be your relative, they could be a dear friend. But it's much bigger than the extremism than they like to sit there and portray on the campaign trail in September of twenty twenty three, twenty one percent of the public, so they were part of the Maga movement. That was September twenty twenty three. That's only what eighteen months ago. Eighteen months you're talking a fifteen point increase of the overall public. It's a big increase in a very very short period of time. And maybe it'll go down eventually, maybe we'll go up. We're inching our way, nearing forty percent saying they belong to political movement. That is a minority, but that is not a that's a workable minority. That's a minority that can win elections. So the NBC poll to sum it up, Democrats have an overall favorability rating of twenty seven percent, and just seven percent say they have a very positive rating of the party. Americans are more likely to say that Trump is doing the right kind of change and the wrong kind of change on a lot of big issues. And more than a third of Americans say they're part of the MAGA movement. Now that wouldn't be bad if it existed in its own bubble, Like it's just one off poll cares you know, polls are wrong all the time. But a CNM poll came out the same day as the NBC poll and told a very similar story about the Democratic Party. Just twenty nine percent of Americans in that pole, So they are favorable opinion of Democrats, including just twenty six percent of men, twenty five percent of white voters, and nineteen percent of independence. A poll from Atlas Intel, which was the most accurate poles from the twenty twenty four election, or one of the most accurate. It was the only one that I know of publicly to predict that Trump would not only win the electoral College vote, but also win the popular vote. It said that Americans that poll the Atlas Intel pole Americans had a negative opinion of every single well known public Democrat, including the Obamas. Michelle and Barack Obama have a negative four and negative two percent Fairbaal writing nationally and they're in the best. AOC is negative nine, Kamala Harris is negative fifteen, Joe Biden is negative twenty six, Gavin Newsom is negative twenty nine. Hillary Clinton is negative thirty, and there is no agreement right now who is the leader of the Democratic Party. In the CNN poll, only one politician cracked double digitus who was the leader, and that was AOC at ten percent. Bernie Sanders was close by at eight. Congressman Jasmine Crockett. She's the middle aged woman who grew up in private schools from Cada twelve that cost over thirty thousand dollars a year, and now she pretends to be a dime store CARDI b that member of Congress. She's tied with Barack Obama, with the former president. There is no safe place to rest your eyes. Pulling aside, there's also hard numbers that are really going to be a hard pill for Democrats to swallow. In February, when most dates started to clamp their voter roles and elimiting people who had died or moved or were inactive, Democrats lost three hundred and nine thousand registered voters nationwide. Republicans lost twenty nine thousand on a poll that's hard numbers, three hundred nine thousand versus twenty nine thousand, and everything. Speaking of hard numbers, everything that David Shore. David Shore is a Democratic data scientist. He's absolutely brilliant. I read everything that he writes. I begged him to come on this podcast and said he went on Ezra Clent's podcast in The New York Times, was like, I get, but I want him on my podcast. He gave an autopsy as to why Democrats and specifically Kama Harris lost in twenty twenty fours. That is jaw dropping for the party. David Shore found that among white voters, regardless if they were conservative, liberal, or moderate, there was really no change between twenty sixteen and twenty twenty four. There was an important change between twenty sixteen and twenty twenty and then again in twenty twenty four. In other words, moderates and liberals voted more towards the Democrats in twenty twenty and then they moved back in twenty sixteen. That did happen, but that probably has a coronavirus or the media being hysterical on Trump. But between twenty sixteen and twenty twenty four. The white voters did not change in those eight years, so while that didn't move much, minorities moved a lot. In twenty sixteen, Hillary Clinton won eighty five percent of Black conservatives. That number fell to seventy seven percent for Kamala Harrison twenty twenty four, and eight point drop. Because a quarter of Blacks who identify as conservatives no longer vote on their race. They vote on their political ideology. It's a big change and a big deal. Voting on ideology over race is the story of the last decades in politics. According to David Shor's data, many people understated this and under didn't believe it would happen, especially with Trump, because they believed that he was only a party for you know, white people or whatever. Hillary Clinton won eighty one percent of moderate Hispanics and thirty four percent of conservative Hispanics. When Harris ran, her support among modern Hispanics fell by twenty three points and among conservative Spanics by seventeen points. For Asian Americans, the numbers were pretty striking as well. Harris lost fifteen percent of moderate EA Asians that had voted for Hillary Clinton. One in seven basically between one and six and one and seven, and he says that shift is primarily among young people. Young people, David Shore went from being the most progressive generation to being one of the most conservative. Among voters under the age of twenty, Donald Trump won a majority of white men, white women, and non white men, including primarily Hispanics and Asians, but a lot of black young men. Ami Harris won twenty five percent of white men under the age of twenty. Twenty five percent. That is deep South number levels for white men. I mean that is and that's nationwide. Any Republican ever won twenty five percent of white men overall, they would have won every state of the Union. You know, back twenty years ago, thirty years ago. People who get their news from traditional news media, and they diligently listen to a lot of like traditional news media, politics and the news is a big part of their life, they're becoming more and more democratic. Short's Information says that those who get their information from social media and TikTok and politics isn't their whole life, they're becoming more Republican. This breakdown across educational lines is happening around the entire Western world, where you have populist figures across the world recently winning the support of lower information. I'm wanna say low information lower people who don't read the news as much, people who are don't make politics their entire life. They are becoming more and more populous in their sentiment, and they're getting they're voting more and more often. David Schoure breaks it down like this. Had only people who voted in the twenty twenty two election voted in twenty twenty four, Kamala Harris would have won the popular vote and the Electoral College. But if everyone in the country had voted, everybody they were all forced to vote, not only would have Trump won, but he would have won the popular vote by five points, probably enough to win fifty more electoral College votes by flipping Virginia, Minnesota, and New Hampshire, New Mexico, Maine, and New Jersey. George says that low propensity voters simply lost track with Democrats on a number of key issues. They don't really love Trump, but they don't trust Democrats at all, and some of the issues are surprising. They don't trust Democrats on artificial intelligence, on drug abuse, on civil liberties, on education, on social security, on student loans, on international trade. At the end of the survey, shore rights that Democrats do have some areas they can attack Trump on, like cuts for Medicare and Medicaid and repealing Obamacare and taxes for the rich, but get where they're losing big time on immigration, on deportations, putting the military on the border, designating the cartel as terrorists, requiring voter id, ending taxes on tips and social security, and being forcing federal workers to go back to the office. Think of how hysterical MSNBC has been over these issues that Republicans are driving these low propensity, low information voters on. They don't understand how much they are missing the narrative. See as much as Democrats have longmow that they want a racially harmonious country, they the soft politics that want to bring everyone together. Their politics don't work when Blacks, Hispanics and Asians are not voting on their race and they're voting on their ideology. And that is what Kamala Harris proved. They're the only people fighting against like white nationalism does in hold water when a majority of non white men under twenty are not voting for you anymore. And they don't understand that Donald Trump is bigger. This is a bigger moment than just one politician who they hate or Elon Musk. This is a moment, a realignment across the globe, and it's going to get bigger, not smaller. And the generation whose graduations and sporting events and lives were canceled because of COVID lockdowns, who turn to TikTok and Instagram for their information are going to be one of the most conservative generations they have ever seen. And it is a long term problem for them. To quote what Pe Goldberg again talking to Demi Moore in than the movie Ghost Democrats. You're in danger you're listening to It's a numbers Game with Ryan Grodowski. Will be right back after this message. My guest for this week's show is my buddy, Shermichael Singleton. You may have seen him on CNN, my favorite news network, and he is the co founder of guns Out TV, which is a firearms production company and we the free TV. Shermichael, thank you for being on the podcast.
Speaker 2: Hey, good to see you, bro. You just had to throw that in the open.
Speaker 1: I mean whatever, it's a little thing. It's okay. I'm gonna ask a really tough question for the first, for the first right of the gate, who is the leader of the Democratic Party?
Speaker 2: The hell if I know. I don't think America knows.
Speaker 3: I don't think they know. I don't think it came Jeffreys, Chuck Schumer, Kamala Harris certainly, isn't it. And Joe Biden is like they put him in a nursing home and forgot about him.
Speaker 2: No one knows. Ryan.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Even the fact that that CNN poll had Jasmine Crockett tied with Barack Obama, I go, what is happening? Right?
Speaker 3: Even A I mean, it's interesting, right, because what that suggests, and I could be wrong, what that suggests is that as they find themselves in this sort of convoluted place, it appears to me that at least those who are still most active in their party, not only in the political class, but even you know, the activist based, they're going back towards that leftward bend of their party, despite that being completely rejected. And yet it appears by elevating Crockett, by elevating the likes of AOC, you're seeing Bernie Sanders get back out there again.
Speaker 2: People don't want that.
Speaker 3: They do not want that. That's why Kamala Harris didn't do well she ran for president the first time. It's why she had a significant number of hurdles he had to attempt to get over. When she was sort of crowned the Democratic nominee after Buying dropped out because she had to constantly respond to all of her previous positions that were way too far to the left.
Speaker 2: People rejected it.
Speaker 3: And so hey, my thing is, as a former Republican strategies, I don't really advise a lot of candidates much today. If they want to go in that direction, I say, go ahead. You're going to allow Republicans to increase their majority in the House, especially if the economy continues to improve. There's a number of Senate seats that are going to be up for grabs. I imagine us improving them. You look at a lot of the down ballot races across the country. I see us maintaining and increasing our majorities in state legislatures on the House of sen aside. So if they continue to move in this direct direction with the leaders they've chosen, it is only going to be that benefit to us. And you cited something yesterday that I read on your ex account. I went through and read through all of this data that just came out. Younger men twenty five and under, younger voters writ large men of colors, particularly Hispanic, and a cohort of black men with you and I used to debate a lot about and I told your ass those numbers.
Speaker 1: Are going to move.
Speaker 2: They're all moving to the right. And so Ryan, this is this is I'll just really quickly before you.
Speaker 3: This is an incredible opportunity for the Republican Party to crystallize and cement which I would call a soft voters. We have to deliver, Ryan, because this could be the next ten to fifteen years of conservative dominance in this country if we take advantage of this opportunity.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, the David Shores, you know, deep dive into the election. The crazy thing was that he not only did Kamala Harris lose, I mean she lost women, not white women under twenty years old, sorry, white women under twenty years old, but she lost non white men under twenty years old. And she only got twenty five percent of white men under twenty years old. Twenty five percent of white men. That's basically that kid Harry Swinson and his like five white friends. Like that's literally all they won of white men under twenty five years old. And it is the opposite Obama, where like, you know, I when I was, I mean when Obama ran, I think we're on the same age. I think I was like one of like only five people I knew under twenty five that were voting for McCain back then. So like it is the opposite effect. And is it that we've talked a bit about this in private, but is it just that they are so the Democratic Party is so anti mail and anti it's so effeminate, it's so hysterical all the time about everything, that it's really pushing these people away, in.
Speaker 2: Your opinion, I think so.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, I think we're seeing the destruction of masculinity not only within the Democratic Party but culturally written large. And you raised this question. I just replied to the Cardier family. I don't know if you've ever seen their YouTube videos. It's a four African American guys. I respond to a lot of political stuff they've blown up. And they posted something a couple of days ago, and I replied to it and I pretty much said, you have a lot of young men in this country right now. You look at the increase in violence and school shoes, all those are the crap with young men.
Speaker 2: There's something going on. Guns. You know, I'm a big gun guy.
Speaker 3: Guns have been around for for forever. We didn't have the type of crazy shit, and I hope I can say this on your show. We didn't have the stuff that we're seeing today just thirty years ago.
Speaker 2: I'm thirty four.
Speaker 3: Now, this was not a norm the type of violence that we're starting to see within certain pockets of our young men. So with that suggests to me, I'm not a psychologist. Young men are yearning for something. And when you're constantly telling them to be masculine as bad, when you're telling them that there is no need for men anymore, why because you have this less feminine woman, this strong woman who can do it all on her own.
Speaker 1: And that's not to say they're a boss, right.
Speaker 3: That's not to say that women should have their own careers and dreams for that, But the erasure of the traditional roles of men is leaving a lot of younger men wondering, well, what do I have to offer to society at all? If everything is constantly telling me nothing unless you're a man, which yeah.
Speaker 1: And also like and also the fact is that we had years of the future's female where every person who was a hero was a woman or some person, let's say, a non traditional masculine figure. If they were a man, they were they. And if you look at poling, you look at data. Young men they don't socialize, they don't have many close friends, they don't drink, they don't have sex, they don't smoke. They have a lot of the same life experiences of somebody significantly younger would have maybe a decade or two ago, and that I think affects it too. And also they'd have a shorter prospect of marriage because women don't. Women go to college at a hierate them men do. Women do not want to marry a man who earns less money than them. That is just the way that I mean. I call it whatever you want to call but that is the God's honest truth. And a lot of young men do not have the opportunity and the prospects of out earning a lot of women, and it has left them with like I don't know, I must be feelings about themselves, but they do. They have some sort of attitudes towards politics, which constantly puts them down in every which way.
Speaker 2: I think you're one hundred percent correct. You know, Trump.
Speaker 3: Sometimes he makes the sort of interesting in your windows about things that have far deeper meeting meetings, and I think he may even realize what he's saying it. And a year ago he talked about the eighties, and he talked about how in the eighties you had all this strong action heroes, all the guys you had, you know, the Wall Street, all the men who were just crushing it, making money, starting businesses.
Speaker 2: It was sort of this.
Speaker 3: Climate that embraced masculinity and being stoic, and being competitive and being aggressive, not in a negative way, of course, unless you have to, because I do believe there's nothing better than a calm but dam man when he needs to be able to protect himself in his family.
Speaker 2: But that's another conversation.
Speaker 3: But we had this period that embraced all of that, and even going into the nineties you saw a bit of it. And then slowly into the nineties early two thousand, you start to see this shift. And that's to your point. You start to slowly see less men going to college, more women going to college, more men becoming more depressed, men not finding themselves in long term relationships. And I'm not saying that guy shouldn't go have fun in their twenties. You should have all the women you want. Beautiful women, make a lot of money. That's part of being a guy. Going to do that. I think that is perfectly normal. But you started to see those things decline. Ryan, And so when you see Trump and other conservatives going into the podcast space talking to people like yourself, politicians, that is a lot of men are looking to people like you. I assume myself and others for answers in terms of what does it mean for me to be a man in twenty twenty five and beyond. I believe it's working hard, having a shitload of fun, making a lot of money, being responsible, having values, taking care of yourself. And if you can do those things, you can live a thriving life. B It's okay to be strong. When I'm talking to my guys and you and I talk, I cuss all the time. We talk about a lot of crazy stuff, and that's the way we talk. I don't want to hear some Democrats saying, well, oh, you're being too a great I'm a damn guy. Biologically I am supposed to be aggressive. I can check my aggression.
Speaker 2: But embrace those things.
Speaker 1: Ryan, No, I agree. You know what, when a lot of like the when a lot of the mass shootings happened, I thought about, especially the one that happened in the country concert back in twenty I think it was now twenty eighteen in Vegas, twenty nineteen in Vegas, and you saw all those pictures of those guys who were like hurdling their bodies on top of mostly women to protect them. I really got into thinking of like the role of manhood in the in the perspective of we men cannot create life, but we have to and it is part of our social contract then to protect it. Because we cannot create it, and we well, we cannot produce with our own body, we sacrifice with our bodies. We work a lot harder in terms of like hours, just at what the kinds of work men do are more physically demanding, and they break us down. But we do it upon ourselves because we you know, we it's weird. We we help build civilization that we cannot in innately just create civilization. We need women for that role, and it is that kind of marriage, for lack of a better word, of the two sexes that makes things prosperous and good. I don't know. I think about these things a lot, and I think what happens if that is raw from you when it is told that you know, one, those kinds of jobs don't exist that much anymore, but two or they're harder to find, or two or you're being outpriced by low wage workers from the rest of the world or machines or whatever, and then you're kind of denied the life experiences, having sex, having partying, having friends, getting married, and having children. Those are huge, huge indicators of who you'll be and what you'll do. And I guess a lot of feelings you'll have about politics.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look, I think you're right again. This goes back to my point of you're running for helcyon day that is just no longer here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do hear you know somebody when top Gun came out, you brought that up. When top Gun came out, one of my employees, who's twenty three twenty two at the time, sat there and said to me, it made me miss an America I never lived through. And I was like, Wow, that's wild. That's a big thing because I did live through part of it, and I felt like you did too. I forgot that you hadn't done it. I want to ask you about an eighty twenty issue. I wanted to ask you about someone said to me they're thinking about running for office as a Democrat in a red state. And then I said, do you feel about trans women in men's sports or trying to trans women in women's sports? And they said to me, I don't care about it. And I go, that's the wrong answer. I don't Democrats stop just throwing themselves on grenades when it comes to these eighty twenty issues.
Speaker 3: You know, I got to tell you something, Ryan, I being from the South, I have a lot of being black, A lot of my family of Democrats. A lot of people I know who are white are Democrats.
Speaker 2: I don't know a single person who supports this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know a single person who supports this. And it's not about being a I'm not offended by anyone who's trans like that. It's like, I'm a If that's what you want to do, hey, more power to you. That's like, I'm not bothered by that. I'm very comfortable with who the hell I am, and I feel like when you are, you're not bothered by people who just are different. But I think we do have an obligation to protect I just had a daughter. If my daughter decided she wanted to place side or run track or do whatever other athletic have, whatever athletic experience, I want her to be rested, to have the assurance that she's going to compete against other girls, and it's going to be fair. A trans woman, biological male now identifies as a woman will still have the biological physical features and traits of a man. You cannot change that. No matter how much medication you're on. It doesn't matter with surgical procedures you have to alter your physical outward aesthetics, You're.
Speaker 2: Still the same.
Speaker 3: And so for most people, they say, look, this isn't about discriminating against anyone. It is going to always be an unfair advantage. How is that fair to the girl? And I think you have this cohort of democratic activists and some within the leadership ranks who just do not seem to understand that or want to acknowledge that, because to them, to say that some truth is to discriminate against someone, and I don't think that's the case at all.
Speaker 1: Pre and post election with all the Democrats, you know, was there a change the ones you are on TV with or are the ones you would meet in regular life? Was there is there a change of them saying something's wrong? Or are they like no, no, no, it's just our voters didn't show up and we were going to get it right next time and the screw was to go head first. Or is there like somebody like we should I mean your Van Jones saying some things are smart, but like most of them, I don't see it. Are they saying anything privately that you've heard.
Speaker 2: Van Van is?
Speaker 3: We were just on TV together and one of ours, he's so smart. Yeah, when he said, look, you know we're in trouble Chuck Roach. Do you know Chuck roacha from Texas Democratic Strategy?
Speaker 1: Yes, they do, Yeah, he is.
Speaker 3: And I love Chuck saying though Ryan and shout out to Chuck. He's been saying since last year, we have a problem. I've been on panels with Chuck where he's just saying he may not win this thing because the messaging is wrong. We're not communicating correctly on the right issues.
Speaker 2: We're too far to the left, l certain things.
Speaker 3: People don't support or believe this stuff, especially people of color. He's been saying that, and no one's been listening with that said, I'm not convinced Ryan that a lot of Democrats, particularly women the men, are different.
Speaker 2: A lot of the women, even when I speak with them.
Speaker 3: In green rooms, not all of them, but a lot of them, they don't seem to get why they lost. And what I hear is that people wouldn't support Kamala Harris because she's a black woman. And I'm sure there are some idiots out there who have those views that we all know that, but I don't think that's representative of most.
Speaker 2: People in this country.
Speaker 3: They will say that Donald Trump played into the fears of misogyny or racism, or they'll say, you know, black men don't want to support a strong black woman, or Hispanics are.
Speaker 2: Bigoted towards me. I mean, I've heard a lot of these things in my.
Speaker 3: Contra I have yet to hear a realization that, you know what, our policy positions are not in syncret where most people are who are to the center, even if they're to the left, they're to the center most people, and I have not heard that from anyone except for mostly the guys, and may be a handful of women two or three, but the vast majority. I've heard everything else. For why they lost then the realization that their policy positions are just wrong.
Speaker 1: Well, it's funny because that would because they would believe, they would believe that a black man would not vote for a black woman, but voted for a white woman. They voted for Hillary Clinton, and the same Hispanics voted for Barack Obama, so they voted for a black candidate before. They will not marry. They still are on this whole Kamala Harris around the most flawless campaign, imagine them. It's ludicrous, which is insane thing. I want to ask you one last question because I have you for a little bit more time. You work for the Trump administration. In Trump forty five yep, first term? What what do you seem different in this term? Is better? Is it worse? That you can see from the outside.
Speaker 3: I mean what I see different this time is Trump definitely has the experience he's already served once he stayed engaged and involved in the political process once he left office. And so you certainly see a heightened sense of awareness of the bureaucratic process and how to get things done. The one thing that I would say that I wish we would do better and we still have time. And I just said this one saying in last night I applaud Eline Musk and the individuals he's brought on via DOGE and what they're trying to tackle.
Speaker 2: I think it's important.
Speaker 3: Thirty six trillion dollars in debt bricks right now, spearheaded by China. They are pulling in more countries, more developing countries, which their objective is to weaken the dollar, which has been we can give for quite some time.
Speaker 2: As you already know, you've talked about this.
Speaker 3: So we have some global competitiveness in terms of our commerce and economy.
Speaker 1: We got to fix it.
Speaker 3: I think bringing in Congress, Republicans control the House, control the Senate, looking at the Clinton playbook of the nineties, in my personal opinion you may disagree, Ryan, I think is a smart, tactical way to do this. I think it gives Republicans the opportunity to go back to their districts to say that we're in charge, we're thinking about how to do this, We're thinking about the implications in terms of who we need to let go, why we need to let them go, how we're going to let them go. That feels confidence in my opinion. It also gives Republicans who want to contest Democrats next year an opportunity to say, I want to be a part of cost saving measures, the same cost saving measures that you have to do every single month in your own households, of balancing your own budgets. We're going to do that in Congress, and we're going to do it in a moved.
Speaker 1: The problem with the Elon stuff is that is that Congress is going to vote to give the money that Elon just can Uh, So we're not going to save almost anything. That's I mean, that's the big We've.
Speaker 3: Already done this though, Yeah Clinton, Clinton with New Gingridge.
Speaker 2: Let's not forget this.
Speaker 3: That was the only time we balanced a budget in this country was a Republican house working with a Democrat. There is a playbook here. You mean to tell me that Republicans who run everything can't balance a freaking budget.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I'm can they? Yes? Will they? No? I mean, like I mean, maybe can can they? Is there a path to do it? Yes, they'd have to get Democrats on board. But I besides, the only government program that I think Democrats would support cutting is DOGE. I can't imagine them wanting to cut the military. I mean, what would they cut. Honestly, what would Democrats want to cut? They're not going to touch anything related to any kind of health services. They would they would. I mean, the fact that we ended transgender feminists plays in Afghanistan is a war on democracy to them. Theyve literally they will fight for every kind of penny that we have in BS.
Speaker 3: But I think, though, Ryan, I think you could actually get this out of the House. I think the bigger fight will be in the Senate because, for obvious reasons, I think you could potentially get a couple of Democratic senators who are in very tight races Purple States to vote for something like this that's cost saving. I think the rest of it you probably have to do through some type of executive action. I think the administration would have to test us all the way to the Supreme Court some things. To your point, I don't think you'd get Democratic support. So then I would say to the President, look, this is the best we could do. It'll take us maybe three years to do it. We'll probably save a couple hundred billion dollars. These other things we cannot do. Let's try through EOS to accomplish it. We know we're going to be contested through the legal process. Let's go all the way to the Supreme Court to see how much leeway Scotus will ultimately give us. That's the way I would personally do this because right now what we're seeing these all of these courts are knocking this down. And I got to be honest, Ryan, if this goes to the Supreme Court, were doge? I actually think they're going to say, we get what you're trying to do, but you have to get Congress involved in this becausion.
Speaker 2: It's pretty clear on the.
Speaker 1: On the power. No, I agree with you on that. I think that they'll probably say okay to some of the firings. I think they'll probably make the inroads on the firings and then basically nothing else the contracts and everything like that. That's what I personally think is that that's the guy the firing.
Speaker 3: But I think Trump could do this well. I think he could do with other Republican presidents after Clinton, Bill, George W. Bush, was not able to do and what Trump wasn't even focused on in his first term, and that is to leave a country where you have cut the budget Bill Clinton, and we never bring this up. That's why I keep bringing this up on Cinnam because Democrats saying, this is that poor and what we're doing.
Speaker 2: Clinton fired three hundred and seventy seven thousand people all across the government.
Speaker 3: They keep saying, well, you're letting it go people who care about their families.
Speaker 2: No one said this stuff in the nineties.
Speaker 3: This is ridiculous to me that there are arguments and then to the point on terrorists, and I want to bring this up.
Speaker 2: Okay, it is really really important.
Speaker 3: What Trump is attempting to do after have I hate the idea of notating I know a lot of Republicans like, go oh oh, free trade, free trade. The idea of free trade decimated the middle class, destroyed the middle class.
Speaker 2: This idea that we're going to have.
Speaker 3: Lower costs to produce goods as a net benefit to the American worker, and that's somehow going to elevate the rest belt.
Speaker 2: It didn't pan out. It didn't pan out.
Speaker 3: Because when manufacturers realize, hell, we can just shut down factories completely in the US for these cheaper wages. And so Trump's argument of saying, look, we're going to have equal tariffs to the tariffs that are placed on us by other countries will force some of these manufacturers say, well, wait a minute here, we don't want to pay this, so let's bring these jobs back to the United States. Will it go back to pre ninety ninety level, probably not, but if a fraction of that, Ryan, just imagine over five to eight years what that will do to build back communities across this country. And I'm a bit disappointed that Trump has kind of been meandering on this issue. He'll give a little to this, say okay, we're going.
Speaker 2: To back off.
Speaker 3: No, you have got to get these jobs back. What the hell happens, Ryan, when China invades Taiwan, or China does something crazy and we have to rely on China for manufacturing, or they take over Taiwan, and Taiwan is very critical for Chips as we know, and they say, well, we're not going to just we're not going to sell to the US anymore. Too much of our manufacturing and production if you line on other people.
Speaker 1: So I totally this is my last episode. I'd just done this podcast. I just was on John Carney from Breitbart. If the Pentagon's out there and said we're only going to buy medicine Thailand, all that has made one hundred percent of America. Guess what we will be building Thailand al in America in a in a minute. I mean it will happen overnight. And then if they sat there and said, hey, let's make sure the government contract goes to Akron, Ohio, or you know, Detroit, or you know name some russ belltown has been destroyed by the WTO or NAFTA, you would have a Aspirin factory hiring workers in Akron, or in Allentown or in wherever, Detroit, Flint, wherever, and you would have jobs again in the blink of an eye, for a middle class and working class right.
Speaker 3: And Democrats have said, well, so you're advocating for higher prices with the potential promise of more jobs, And I would say, well, actually, I personally believe you a seer reset. I think products would ultimately start to drop based on competitiveness, because if you start having various manufacturers producing similar goods in the initial onset, you are going to have higher prices. I gotta be honest about that. But that's going to going to lower itself over time. I mean, this is basic economics. And so I just don't understand why we wouldn't advocate for this. And this is another thing. And I said this to a Democrat on sin in last week. I said, you guys talk so much about being this this great bastion for people of color.
Speaker 2: The democratic part of that.
Speaker 3: Is, I said, but you don't recognize how much the black middle class relied on manufacturing in this country.
Speaker 2: And that was not an answer. I said, this made it. So many communities that you.
Speaker 3: Say you advocate for that have never recovered Ryan, They've never recovered.
Speaker 1: Man, how you look at Gary, Indiana? Now? Who would want to live there? I mean? And that was like the it's but it's not. You're right, You're one hundred percent right. And on the prices thing, I can only think of who gives a shit? One we built, we buy toilet bowls for a million dollars for Iraq. And two I mean, but it's the truth we do. No one cares if the government spends money like that crap. And two if you just cut then taxes and you offer a tax because to these companies, and you make it and you cut regulations for these companies, they save money on the end, even if production costs are slightly higher and no one's going to buy a twenty five dollars think of aspirin. I mean, they're just now there's there's a limit on market prices. Businesses already charge the most they possibly can for what they're offering. They democrats don't know anything about economics, and I you know, I'm I'm only on the edges, but I know more than they do.
Speaker 2: Where where can for.
Speaker 1: Me that that's so?
Speaker 3: Just quickly, I just want to say, so, yeah, I want us to figure out how we're going to save more with the government. Is it's impossible to continue moving in the direction that we are. I'm really really worried about bricks, and not even just bricks, even the European Union to say, well, why does a dollar have to be the world currency?
Speaker 2: I mean, Ryan, when this stuff happens, and it's going.
Speaker 3: To happen, we're not even prepared for this. And and again on the tariffs front, yes, it is a strategic tool. Do I think it would ultimately be long standing?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: But I would I would advise a president, you have got to stay firm on this to get some manufacturing back into this country. It would be a revitalization of American workers that we have never seen, or we haven't seen I would say in probably thirty forty years. There's an opportunity to do it now. I just don't think it's going to happen, and that's disappointing to me.
Speaker 1: Sher Michael. This is about your Mia and Carroll's favorite person and seeing it, and she tells me all the time, She's like, sure Michael's on. You got to turn on the TV. Cher Michael. Where can people go to follow you on social media?
Speaker 2: You can follow me.
Speaker 3: On Instagram, Sure Michael, underscore, I think, and on X mister, Sure Michael. Check out our new streaming platform we the free WTF dot tv. If you like guns, you like action, orient the content, it is a place for you. We're growing really, really well. So I'm excited about what's to come for us.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for on this podcast, Sir Michael. Thank you, bro.
Speaker 2: Proud of you man. Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Hey, we'll be right back after this. So on last week's show, I promised you just started a question to answer part of the where I'll be taking questions from my listeners and answering them on air. And you know, if you want to be part of the Q and A Question. So they ask me anything, well, I'll talk about stories, policy, data, anything. Email me Ryan at numbers Game podcast dot com. That's plural, Ryan at numbers Game podcast dot com and I could be answering your question next week. So my first question I want to do when they ask me anything segment. It comes from a guy named Scott. He says, Hi, Ryan, my name is Scott. I'm in my mid thirties. I consider myself a principled and pragmatic conservative, open a compromise on almost anything if it means progress in the right direction. My questions on social Security. I know it's not electorally possible to campaign on reforming social security right now, but I'm wondering what's the numbers say about the sentiment among millennials and Gen xers towards reforming social security and the near certainty that it will not be available for us in its current form by the time we reach retirement age. And if those numbers don't exist, why not, and what might change them? Okay, that's a great question, Scott. It's a lot, but I'll try to answer it pretty quickly and intact. First, the idea of the Social Security is like there's a constant Social Security that basically this money goes into a lock box, it builds interests, and then we use it from the money that we get and we work towards it. We work towards social securities. What you'll hear, that's not really true. First, there is no lock box. The idea of a lock box has been floated for decades. Al Gore was made a part of one of his main campaign themes back in the year two thousand that he created a trust fund to increase the amount of revenue basically either through interest or through savings or through the market or something or other. At the time, we were running about one hundred and fifty to two hundred billion dollars year surplus with Social Security. That was a big missed opportunity. It's still presented in Congress idea this a lock box Republican Tim Wahlberg, Republican from Michigan, is proposed that I think last last Congress. But there's no lock box for Social Security to invest it wisely, so that way people can cash out and it can make its own amount of money. Australia does this by the way. Australia puts their money into investments in their mineral program and it's a multi trillion dollar retirement fund that they have successfully done. There is a Social Security Trust Fund which is separate from the government's general funds, but it's not reinvest in the way that it could be to make it more solvent. Secondly, in nineteen sixty the Supreme Court ruled in Flemings versus Nestor that individuals have no contractual or property rights when it comes to social security, meaning the government has every right to alter and suspend benefits at any time for individuals by their own will. You have absolutely no right to it whatsoever. You're not paying into it. It is a tax program. Ronald Reagan mentioned this in the Time for Choosing speech, if you've ever listened to it, he's talking about that that case. But unlike Medicare and Medicaid, there's a lot of solutions for social security. I mean social security is Medicare and Medicaid are very very complicated. Social Security is not as complicated, and there's a lot of people with a lot of different ideas, from creating wealth funds to reducing benefits on high earning senior citizens like oprah winfree why does she get a Social Security check? Increasing tax thresholds increase in the retirement age. But your question was not how do young people feel about social security? I did not know this before I look this up, But according to more than one pole for the Harris Poll in twenty twenty four, God is not alone. Millennials are the generation that are the most worried about social security and the solvency of social Security. Now, Millennials are some people still think that we're eighteen, but we're in our early thirties to our early forties. Now percent of millennials think that social Security will be in solvent by the time that they received retirement age. Thirty six percent of millennials believe that they will not get a dime of social Security by the time they retire. A poll by Gallup found that millennials are the most pessimistic about collecting social security. Thirty seven percent say they don't believe that they'll receive it when they retire, so matches basically thirty six and thirty seven percent between the Harris Pole and the Gallup hole. One in three millennials do not think that it's going to be there. That's a lot for a very big generation. The most popular idea over all people for changing Social Security is increasing taxes on high income individuals. That's actually not the most popular idea among millennials. Only thirty nine percent of millennials favor increasing taxes on the rich to pay for Social Security, either because they see that their highest income years are ahead of them and they think maybe I'll be rich by then. But that's a big, big reason why seniors are the most favor of increasing taxes to pay for Social Security, which is not that surprising. A study by ARP and the Chamber of Commerce looked at the idea of a large package of trade offs, that being basically raising taxes, raising the payroll tax by one percent, reducing benefits on high income people, and that really brought support among everybody. Eighty three percent of millennials favored this big, big trade off. So it's possible by the polling that they do favor somethingness that they're make it work electorally, it's much much more difficult. It's one of these issues have been tried for a long, long, long time, and I think the only way we're going to get there is one a crisis where they really can't pay for it, or two they're going to have to have Republicans and Democrats hold hands and jump up the cliff together and make a broad change that everyone has to sit there and deal with, and hopefully it's a smart one and we make the program solvent for the future, because it's a very important program as far as keeping seniors off the street and keeping them, you know, in their homes. But that's the only way I think we're going to do it. I think we're going to do it when there's a real crisis, when the rubber hits the road, or maybe in a moment where everyone just breathes and you have you know, AOC and Ted Cruise willing to work together. That's the only way I could sit there and see this though. I hope this was a good answer to your question. If you have more questions, please once again email me for next week. I would love to answer them and thank you again for listening to this podcast Episode twelve. Thank you guys so so much. Please like and subscribe on iHeartRadio app, Apple podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. See you next week.