Speaker 1: J that's hilarious, and Charlemagnere got'stening to thank y'all for being like coach leaders.
Speaker 2: How about family?
Speaker 3: The Rector Club is where people get the information on the topics, on the artists and everything like that.
Speaker 4: I'm running and you guys were nice. Everybody got me all nervous like you guys.
Speaker 5: Let's not yo wa.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you locked into the world's most dangerous morning show.
Speaker 4: If you want to break this club you we're gonna bring it. One hundred and twenty miners want not come up here? This is what how I do up. That's right, Get up about the bids and listen to the greatest show on Earth. Good morning, Usa yo.
Speaker 7: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 4: Jess Larius is on maternity leading. What up, laur Laoe?
Speaker 8: So good morning, Charlemagne to.
Speaker 4: God, Peace to the Plan. It is Tuesday, Yes, it's Tuesday.
Speaker 9: Good morning man, how y'all feel out there? I feel blessed, black and highly favored man. Another day to serve.
Speaker 4: What's happening? Let's up, Lauren? How you feeling.
Speaker 8: I feel good. I'm happy to see you in person.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wasn't party week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was out in Shreveport for the last six five six days against Luther fifty cent. What he did for Shreveport, the amount of money that he put into that city, the amount of things and activities and what he did for that city was just simply amazing. He had five days of everything from comedy shows and not just Sea Level, you know, comedians. Eden brought Dave Chappelle, Kat Williams, Andrew Schultz just to name a few. The amount of artists he had performed, from himself to the baby he went, Monique for Albi Shore so for Real, to the newer artists, Skiller Baby, and just so many people.
Speaker 4: And parties and.
Speaker 1: Fifty Fit where he you know, had all the jumpies for the kids and the cars shows. It was just simply amazing the amount of investment he put into that city. So Salutor fifty cent and not one no violent at all, no fighting, no shooting, no stabbing, nothing.
Speaker 4: Everybody came in peace and left in peace. So that's that was pretty dope.
Speaker 9: What what's happening? What is the word? How does everybody feel? Like that, Laurence, did you take your test?
Speaker 2: Test?
Speaker 8: Leave me alone?
Speaker 10: Don't even don't don't No, I am not, I am not.
Speaker 4: You got to be sure you don't.
Speaker 10: I am very sure you're pregnant. No, don't, no, no, no, take any bombs back. I'm not taking no tests. I am not anything.
Speaker 11: Because you don't take the test, that's not mean you.
Speaker 4: Might be pregnant.
Speaker 8: No, no, no, I never ever thought.
Speaker 4: I used to know dud do that with STDs.
Speaker 12: But don't.
Speaker 4: If I don't take the test, I don't got nothing.
Speaker 10: And I feel like I'm like talking to my dad right now, like, no, I'm not pregnant.
Speaker 4: Want to tell us why are we even having a scare?
Speaker 10: Because yesterday he found out that I like to eat food, and now he's like, because I eat food, I'm pregnant.
Speaker 9: No, it wasn't that she liked. He mentioned wants to eat early in the morning.
Speaker 8: He mentioned fried fish.
Speaker 10: I said, fried fish, French fries and the bread on the side with the hot sauce.
Speaker 8: Ketch up. He's like, oh, you're pregnant.
Speaker 12: Why?
Speaker 8: Because I was home.
Speaker 9: By the way, this conversation happened fifteen minutes after I talked about the fried fish.
Speaker 11: She was just mumbling it to herself. She was just mumbling herself fish.
Speaker 10: Red the hell because I was over here thinking like, man, I haven't had like a real good catfish fried fish situation John with the urns fish frying Delaware because that's what that's what it made me think of for real. I was just reminiscing, are you hungry now? I am hungry now, Always hungry, y'all, y'all are getting to know me. I'm always hungry. And no I'm not pregnant, and leave me alone. Don't keep throwing that on me. I'm just are you trying to take everybody.
Speaker 8: To see out?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 1: We got some special guests joining us this morning. We have Vivek Rahm Swami. You know he's Ramaswami.
Speaker 4: Yes, he'll be joining us this morning. You know, he's an entrepreneur.
Speaker 1: He was running for president at one time and I didn't get the nominations. He's a huge Trump supporter, so we'll talk with him in a little bit.
Speaker 4: Did give a good speech of darnc cam cam front.
Speaker 1: And also we have artist Sauce Walker from Texas. He'll be joining us this morning as well.
Speaker 9: Yes, indeed, very balanced show. These kind of shows. I like, okay, all.
Speaker 4: Right, we let's get the show cracking. When we come back.
Speaker 1: We got Morgan Wood front page news a lot to discuss. Donald Trump was interviewed with Elon Musk. They did it interview that did it actually, because I know it was delayed, right, yeah, it.
Speaker 8: Delayed like forty minutes, but they did it. They got it going.
Speaker 4: We're all about it. When we come back. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good Morning morning, Everybody's DJ n V Jess hilarious, Charlamagne the Guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Justice on maternity leave, Laura l Ross's filling in, gome On and.
Speaker 8: Lauren Good morning.
Speaker 1: Let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 4: Morgan would what up? Mrgan?
Speaker 2: Good morning y'all.
Speaker 13: So were y'all up last night trying to be on X see What's seeing? What's going on with the former president? Elon Musk?
Speaker 4: I was this morning.
Speaker 8: I was. I fell asleep listening to it though it was like two hours long.
Speaker 2: Yes, so exactly exactly, Lauren.
Speaker 13: So former President Donald Trump he made his way back to X, the social media platform formerly known as Twitter, for his first time back of the platf forman over a year since being banned following the January sixth attack on the US capital. Now, Elon Musk, who now owns the platform, had a conversation with the former president. As you mentioned, Lauren, it lasted over two hours, but it was delayed and there was some technical difficulties. Musk described it as the issues as distributed denial of service attack on the platform. Now, during the conversation that two talked about the attempted assassination on Trump in Pennsylvania, immigration, Russian President Vladimir Putin, and the threat of global warming. Let's hear more from President Trump and Musk conversation.
Speaker 14: We cannot have a democrat.
Speaker 4: We cannot have her.
Speaker 14: She's in confidence, she's as bad as Biden in a different Yeah, he hasn't done an interview since his whole scam started.
Speaker 15: And say what you want.
Speaker 16: This was a coup.
Speaker 7: This was a coup of.
Speaker 14: A president of the United States.
Speaker 17: He didn't want to leave.
Speaker 14: And they said we can do it the nice way, Oh, we can do it the hard way. Oh what they did with this guy? And I'm no fan of his And he was a horrible president, the worst president in history. And one of the reasons he was so bad.
Speaker 4: First of all, the.
Speaker 14: Israeli attack would have never happened. Russia would never have attacked Ukraine, and we'd have no inflation, and we wouldn't have had the Afghanistan message. You think of it well, and we wouldn't have had Afghanistan.
Speaker 12: But we think of it.
Speaker 14: You take a few of those events away, and we have a different world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what are your thoughts?
Speaker 9: I heard that part. I could go ahead, do more. I want to I talk, I want to hear more. I heard that part when when I was listening this morning.
Speaker 13: Okay, so at one point in the discussion, over one point three million people were listening, not the twenty five to thirty million that Trump mentioned on the stream. But this, again, this does mark the first time that he's backed He's talked about a lot. It was it was kind of a bit of a snooze fest for me, but you know, he definitely covered a lot in regards to that.
Speaker 4: I mean, while you know, so, Indrid, I didn't think it was this lowse fest at all.
Speaker 9: Like I listened to about only listening about thirty minutes of the conversation, and in those thirty minutes I heard them talk about the border extensively, yep. And I heard them talk about the economy extensively. And that is why Trump resonates with so many people because he's speaking to the issues, and those are the two major issues. Folks don't care about all the other stuff as long as what they care about is being addressed. People want to know how they're going to have more money in their pocket and how they're gonna feel safe.
Speaker 4: But that's what his base cares about, right, That's what everybody cares about.
Speaker 9: When you have when you're having a conversation, you're talking about light bills being lower, and you're talking about, you know, the.
Speaker 4: Control. That's what everybody cares about. That's not just his base.
Speaker 1: He said he was at a snowos fants she only listened for thiry minutes. They would listen for two hours.
Speaker 8: Said Sep. I woke up and I was like, whoa, it's three o'clock.
Speaker 4: In the morning.
Speaker 9: And and I tell you one thing that woke me up, Because that's why I said, it wasn't a snoo snooths fesst at all.
Speaker 2: Not so much Trump, because you know, he definitely he talks.
Speaker 11: Oh he talked the whole time, but exactly.
Speaker 2: But Musk didn't ask the question. He was just he see more of a fan than somebody.
Speaker 4: There was one thing Trump said.
Speaker 9: It was something to the effect of, it's not glowobal warming that's going to take us out, it's nuclear warming. And then Trump started having a convoy about how all these countries have nuclear weapons and the threat of nuclear war is.
Speaker 10: High and that Elon was so confused at that when he was doing that. But what confused about because he didn't start off the conversation talking about that.
Speaker 8: Trump took it there.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, they were talking about global war.
Speaker 18: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he wasn't.
Speaker 10: Confused, like he didn't understand. It was just like, that's not where but Trump he was controlling the conversa.
Speaker 9: Trump said, he said, global warming isn't gonna take us out. Nuclear warming. Will The fact that these conversations about nuclear war have been happening so frequently and so casually.
Speaker 2: Scare certainly concerning.
Speaker 13: Meanwhile, on the other side of the aisle, Democratic vice president vice presidential candidate Minnesota Governor Tim Walls, he scheduled to visit Newport Beach, California today. Will O'Neill, who is the Republican mayor of Newport Beach says Walls is welcome in his town, but there is a stark difference between Newport Beach and Minnesota. He's Walls is also set to travel to Denver, Colorado, on Wednesday, and he is heading back to the East Coast on Thursdays. Those details are pending, and in teen USA News, gymnast Jordan chiles she will not have her appeal heard by the Court of Arbitration for Sport. On Sunday, the International Olympic Committee said it would take away her bronze medal because of a scoring error. Yesterday, US Gymnastics said in a statement that it was notified by CAST rules that they don't allow for arbitrated award to be considered, So basically, they're not going to hear her appeal. And following that decision, Child said she's going to take a break from social media to deal with her mental health regarding that situation. So yeah, we'll keep you posted on all of the news. That's your front page news for six am hour. Coming up next, we will talk about Israel and there's a recall that's impacting the baby, So mommy's listen.
Speaker 1: Up, all right, we'll get into that next, everybody else, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, phone lines wide open again. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one is the breakfast Club. Good morning the breakfast Club. This is your time to get it off your chest. Whether you're man well blessed.
Speaker 5: I hate the way that you walk, the way did you talk.
Speaker 3: I hate the way that you dress.
Speaker 4: Everything when me is best, call up now eight hundred five five five one. Not just me. I'm with the Coach of Philly. Hello, who's this? This is George with mad King Close. Hey George, good morning to get it off your chest.
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 16: I was a vendor at your Driver Dreams shot down in Streetport.
Speaker 4: Just wanted to thank you. It was an amazing event. Thank you so much. Man. We had a great time in Shreetport. Man.
Speaker 1: It was a lot of people in that city. That city made a lot of money and hopefully we can do it again.
Speaker 15: Man.
Speaker 4: I mean the people a Streetport showed so much love.
Speaker 1: They expected fighting, they expected somebody to get hurt, but it was a peaceful five.
Speaker 4: Days, six days. And thank you for coming out, man. I appreciate you. Brother.
Speaker 16: Nah everybody was so nice. Me and my sister drove all the way from Arizona just to be a Shreetport, just to be a part of this, and it was amazing. So I just want to thank everybody that came to Shreetport bought something from mad King closed and uh absolutely appreciate you.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 16: All right, you can uh see what I have at Matt King got shot.
Speaker 1: All right, man, have a good one, all right, thank you. You should pull up to the New York one. This week in New York is gonna be crazy too. So that's this Saturday in the meadow Lands Xpel Center in Jersey. Hello, who's this Hey, Sophia, good morning, Get it off your chest.
Speaker 19: Okay, I just want to make you a man about the.
Speaker 12: The Trump interview. Ken the one killed it.
Speaker 17: The border.
Speaker 19: It was a partisan deal, he killed it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 19: When somebody saying that's two things people want to hear about, come right behind him and say, well, why did he kill the deal?
Speaker 4: We know why he killed the deal.
Speaker 9: He killed the deal because he didn't want the Democrats to get any points. He wanted to wait till he got he got in office.
Speaker 19: Yeah, let's mention that after we somebody bring it up, talk about, Well, that's people want.
Speaker 12: To hear about.
Speaker 15: Then asked, why did you kill it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but.
Speaker 9: Was talking about I'm not I'm not making no excuses for Trump. But even before that deal, over the last four years, the border has been out of control, and it's been out of control under a Biden administration, even before they got to a deal last year. So let's be clear on it. Let's not be you know, let's be honest about these conversations.
Speaker 19: Okay, cool, I understand, but still we had a deal on the table so that no pun intended tromped them past four years. Trump did what I said, no pun intendence, but that deal that they had trumped them past four years.
Speaker 4: No, I don't agree with that. I think.
Speaker 9: At the same time, yes, Donald Trump did, uh, you know, stop them from signing the border deal, the bipartisan border deal that they had. But over the last four years the border have been under out of control under a Biden administration.
Speaker 1: Get it off her chest eight undrink five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent phone lines wide open, it's to breakfast club morning the breakfast club, wake up, wake up, your time to get it off your chest.
Speaker 4: We want to hear from you on the breakfast gloss. Hello, it's Chris.
Speaker 15: That's going on?
Speaker 4: Chris? What your chest? Chris?
Speaker 15: I just wanted to talk about my glorious king theft man, Steph Curry, you gotta start having a conversation. He already solidified him though as the greatest point guard of all time, but we gotta start having a convot.
Speaker 4: He didn't have top five now, man, what you mean? Start? What you mean? Start?
Speaker 9: I don't even root for no waffle colored Negros ever, but I got him in the top five over Bron and y'all be looking at me like I'm crazy over Lebron. Over what y'all say? I got Michael Jordan's, Kobe Bryant, Steph Curry, Lebron James, and then Magic Johnson.
Speaker 8: I think sometimes you just say stuff.
Speaker 15: You got, you got, you got got, step Jordan's bronche tell me, tell me, Okay, Shack and Kareem.
Speaker 9: I'm not mad at that, But why, why, why? Why does this sound crazy to put stuff over Lebron.
Speaker 15: I mean, you can't look at lebron career overall, Dan say he's not in the top five over I got.
Speaker 4: In the top five. I just got I got Steph one slot over him.
Speaker 15: Oh, okay, man Bron just he long, Jeffrey Man. You gotta look at that. Stephan is great, but he ain't better than Lebron right now?
Speaker 4: Well, opinions, opinions.
Speaker 9: They've played in championship games against each other. What four times? Last time I checked, Steph Curry was three to one against Lebron in the championship games in the NBA finals.
Speaker 4: That don't matter how you play. We played straight up, and we played straight up in the NBA.
Speaker 9: Finals, and I beat you three times, you know, and that don't That don't account for nothing.
Speaker 4: Some people say the teams were different than all that, but how.
Speaker 15: Many times WHOA Thomas.
Speaker 11: Twice in the Eastern Conference finals.
Speaker 9: But see, I hate when people say that, because yes, they beat Michael Jordan twice in Easter the Commics finals. But when Michael Jordan beat the Pistons and figured it out and won his first championship, he didn't lose anymore.
Speaker 4: He was six and oh in the NBA finals. Once you figured it.
Speaker 1: Out, But you just called to big up the gold. Steph Curry to you, that's what you called for.
Speaker 9: Absolutely bicking him up with you take it from you man, bicking him up.
Speaker 4: We called the shout out Steph Curry, because he killed it. That's all. That's all of us. Brother. That Top five to me, I got him number three. I have a good one. This that man, Man, this is my person, Steph Curry.
Speaker 8: Don't listen to sometimes you just do it for the plot, to know.
Speaker 4: Don't listen to me. I'm only five six, by the way, I've been saying.
Speaker 8: This is only five six.
Speaker 11: I've been saying this about the Top five a long.
Speaker 9: Time ago when you had five six, not five six, you pregnant.
Speaker 4: Pregnant.
Speaker 15: Yeah, Top of the Morning was a good thing.
Speaker 4: Three weeks and bro, get it off your chest, man.
Speaker 12: It was.
Speaker 15: I really wanted to ask Charla Mayne.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, I want to give you a Black Effect to bro.
Speaker 3: He got it left and.
Speaker 4: Yes we got black Yes, sir, we do. How do are you doing this muchorry about? That? Was love? I'm doing. Hold I need that guy. The Black Effect hat I got you and you put them on. Hold on, hold on.
Speaker 9: You get you a black Effect hat. You can go to black Effect dot Com too. We got all the merch on Black Effect dot com Hello.
Speaker 4: Who's this? Hey?
Speaker 12: This is sham I calling from North Carolina. What's up? Dj MV Charlamage the Guy and Laura and Laws? How you guys doing today?
Speaker 4: What's get it off your chest?
Speaker 3: Listen, Charlomaye, I I met you uh in New York, lad of a month ago in at the stream with Ivy Rivera. I want to say, I appreciate what's what you said to me about voting, because this is my first time voting, uh in this election ever in your book was amazing and I really really appreciate it. You know, shout out to your stylist, Tie, she's really dope.
Speaker 4: You Listen, who did I tell you to vote for anybody? I didn't tell you. Both of nobody did that what I said?
Speaker 15: You just told me to vote.
Speaker 12: But you just told me the importance of voting. And then we talked after the event was over and all that jazz.
Speaker 4: So I didn't whisper in your ear.
Speaker 9: No you didn't, because people think you serious.
Speaker 1: People think he's serious, and then it'd be like he's a mad No, he didn't say anything to you.
Speaker 4: Just say that out loud because he plays serious.
Speaker 12: You played too much, y'all.
Speaker 4: Thank you your mind.
Speaker 15: But y'all, man, you gotta you gotta come to.
Speaker 12: About mental health because they're not taking mental health. Uh period.
Speaker 11: I would love to come to fairbel State.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and we we this is one of you'all market be looking Foxy ninety nine down here, so definitely definitely coming down here.
Speaker 9: Absolutely suit everybody on Foxy ninety nine and fair Bull.
Speaker 1: Get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Now when we come back, we got just with the mess with long En Roso we're talking about.
Speaker 8: The celebrities getting crazy.
Speaker 10: You got some domestic violence conversations that have Jesus. Yes, Sky Jackson and her boyfriend got into it, and then and Swedi and yg got into it. But there was no criminal like, no crimes committed, but it was it was they caught the.
Speaker 8: Cops on them.
Speaker 1: All right, We'll get into that next, so don't move. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club Morning everybody at d j Envy, Jess, Hilarious, Charlamagne, the gud We are the Breakfast Club. Jess is on maternity leave and Laura l Rosa is filling in, so let's get to Jess with the mess with Laur Lao U.
Speaker 4: Is real Weather.
Speaker 12: It's hilarious.
Speaker 1: Jessica Robbin Moore just don't do no lines, don't do.
Speaker 9: Nobody world Why jess worldwide mess.
Speaker 4: On the Breakfast Club. She's the coaching with Lauren Lauren l Rosa.
Speaker 17: I'm back and I got the mess talked to me.
Speaker 10: So, y'all the celebrities are out here getting crazy in their relationships. So yesterday a story broke Sweety and Yg. You guys know, they've been dealing with each other for some time now, had gotten into it. So when the story first broke, the headline was that there was a fight, but then later on the details came out that it was not a physical altercation at all. So Yg and Sweety were in their apartment. They were allegedly arguing something about a phone. I don't know whose phone they were arguing about, but it got so loud and it was so much that the neighbors called police. So when the police got there, they came in and that's the situation separated Yg Sweety. They had a conversation when I guess the vote for them, They realized that there was no physical harm done to anybody.
Speaker 8: No one put their hands on anybody, and there was no crime committed.
Speaker 10: So they just did a non criminal report, told them to calm down, broke them apartment. Sure, they cooled down, and then they left. This argument just allowed argument about phone. So that phone always gonna do it.
Speaker 9: No one if the neighbors knew. I'm sure the neighbors knew that it was at least yg Is Sweety that lived there.
Speaker 10: Probably so, because yeah, they probably see them and stuff like that. You know what I mean, But I don't whoever is touching the phone lead the phone alone. I will start before I go through some my phone.
Speaker 4: That's right, man. Let me text my side, check on my side. Man in peace.
Speaker 8: All that is finding dandy until she texts back. No, that's hurt you guys.
Speaker 9: Oh, I said, shake outside man, So it could be heard texting somebody or him texting somebody.
Speaker 4: Equal opportunity.
Speaker 8: Look at you being inclusive today. You learned something yesterday?
Speaker 7: Huh?
Speaker 9: You want me to inclusive days too? Give me a story about some days. I'll bring it around, all right.
Speaker 10: So Obama dropped his summer twenty twenty four playlist. Y'all know he does the playlist for different seasons or whatever or let you know what he's listening.
Speaker 4: To, so let's hear it. I saw it yesterday.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I was very surprised. But it's this he's doing a little bit more into the you know what I mean. So some of the noteworthy songs A bar song by Shaboozi.
Speaker 8: Shaboozy is so far fire Fire record.
Speaker 10: Texas, hold On, Beyonce, want to Be Glorilla, make the Sayan Jump Tyler, and Gonna Cool Love Me by Tims.
Speaker 11: That's great record, this one right here.
Speaker 10: I was like, ooh, I don't want to hear him. Listen to this with Michelle how do you want?
Speaker 13: It?
Speaker 8: With Tupac and Casey and Jojo?
Speaker 4: How do you want? That's a classic?
Speaker 8: I just like, that's a classic. What are they doing to that song?
Speaker 4: But grown people, I don't know you made Bama. I must have saw a different playlist because the playlists of Mayonnaise on it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so there the full playlist. Does you know?
Speaker 10: He has to be inclusive? The full playlist does have you know, there's mayonnaise in here. But I just I grabbed out all of the lowries, so say so PJ Morton and Jojo my best sweetie?
Speaker 8: Uh the people common, but the big thing on here.
Speaker 10: When I saw the list released on Twitter, I instantly clicked it because I'm like, oh, I can't wait to be like Obama and then not like us.
Speaker 9: He had a lot of old hip hop on it too, like Diggable Planets, and that was not like us.
Speaker 10: Isn't on here though, that's the biggest song in this It's no way Obama wasn't.
Speaker 4: I would think I would think President Obama's more of a your four your guy. I think he would appreciate your fouria more than that like us. I think he rocked it not like us as well.
Speaker 1: I just don't think he wants to promote beef like he knows where it will go, because it's a beef racket.
Speaker 4: I don't know what you mean, brether than Obama with the smoke, drove Obama baby crazy.
Speaker 9: Man, got a crypt rock. Let the drone on your ass, big Bronco. If you want to big Obama big with this smoke.
Speaker 4: He not with beef. Are you crazy? All right?
Speaker 8: Darling? He getting crazy this morning?
Speaker 4: This is what I don't know.
Speaker 9: Why do y'all get so mad at the truth Something I don't understand it nobody's mad at the truth.
Speaker 4: I just don't. I just don't think Brock's gonna say, yeah, this is my thing.
Speaker 10: But Rock definitely was listening to not like us in the car all the time. Sure Puffin you know he rolled his weed and white papers to.
Speaker 9: Going too far over you for your type of guy, because you four is more layered. Uh, you four is fantastic, by the way, but how he just strikes me as more of your four, your type of person.
Speaker 8: You don't see him?
Speaker 4: What is it the braids? You can't see yo?
Speaker 10: Can you imagine Obama running and drink and be like, we don't want to hear you say no no more?
Speaker 11: Man a questioning if he can still say it.
Speaker 9: Hey, Michelle, you actually can say nig because you've have all right, man, if you have, you can say nig.
Speaker 4: That is just that Laura l.
Speaker 1: Rossa, all right now when we come back front page News, Morgan would be joining us, and don't go anywhere as the Breakfast Cloak the Morning Morning, Everybody's DJ Envy just hilaris Charlamagne the gud We are the breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Jess is on maternity leave.
Speaker 1: Laura l Rossa's head and let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Welcome back, Yeah, welcome back, welcome back, good to be back.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 13: So, as mentioned in the previous hour, we're definitely going to talk about what's going on in Israel.
Speaker 2: The Biden administration believes Israel.
Speaker 13: Could be attacked by Iran and its proxies as soon as this week. That's what National Security Council spokesman John Kirby told reporters.
Speaker 2: Let's hear from him.
Speaker 14: It's increasingly likely to increasingly likely that there will be an attack by Iran and or its proxies, and perhaps in the coming days.
Speaker 8: I would tell you that we share those concerns.
Speaker 14: It is difficult to ascertain at this particular time, if there is an attack by Iran and ords proxies, what that could look like.
Speaker 13: So this comes as Iran has threaten to retaliate against Israel following the recent assassinations of Hamas and HSBAL leaders. The US has sent more military resources to the region and is monitoring rising tensions in the Middle East.
Speaker 2: Did you want to say something, Sharpe, Yeah, I.
Speaker 9: Was just saying, you know, when I was listening to Trump, uh, you know, talked to Elon Musk yesterday he was bringing this up. And you know, I'm telling you, when you listen to Trump speak to the fact, you know, countries like Iran, you know, think America is weak and Iran isn't scared to go into Israel because they have no fear of America.
Speaker 11: It does make you wonder if if that's.
Speaker 9: True, you know, And then they you know, even listening to Trump yesterday talk about how he wants to build an iron dome over America, like you know, like how Israel has an iron dome. Those conversations were never happening in America before. The fact Trump thinks we need an iron dome should concern us all. The fact that they're having these casual conversations about nuclear war should concern us all.
Speaker 1: And for people that's listening that don't know what the iron Dome is is not a real dome where they actually cover America. It's a protective security system that if anything flies over the iron Dome picks it up immediately and shoots down the weapons so we won't have You know, it takes a lot more to get a missile or something through to the atmosphere over here.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 10: I'm just trying to make it to be able to buy a house and have kids and all this stuff is happening.
Speaker 9: Well, you think that's one thing the Vice president is big on. The Vice president is big on rebuilding the middle class, making sure that everybody has the opportunity to own a business and own a home. But guess what if nuclear war happens, you ain't got to worry about none of that.
Speaker 4: No, Okay, you're right.
Speaker 13: So I mean, meanwhile, let me try to ease some of that tension. Is strengthening forces in the Middle East due to the escalating regional tensions. A Pentagon statement issued on Sunday says Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin is reiterating the Biden administration's commitment to take every possible step to defend Israel. Meanwhile, President Biden is continuing to push for a strike for a ceasefire deal that would include the release of hostages held by Hamas. So again, we work and we work in our you know, hopefully thing, Hopefully you can get your house and your kids, Lauren, I'm rooting for you. Meanwhile, protests against Israel and the US are expected outside the Democratic National Convention in Chicago next week.
Speaker 2: So if you're headed to Chicago, keep that in mind.
Speaker 13: Pro Palestinian organizations say thousands of people will descend on the Convention to protest the Biden administration's handling of the Israel Hamas conflict and the rising civilian death toll. The largest of the planned demonstrations on will be the march on the DNC, which is scheduled for noon August nineteenth and the evening of August twenty second at Union Park less than a half mile from the DNC venue. So if you're ubering that way, you're catching a ride or whatever the case is. If you're in that vicinity, you know expect traffic, plan ahead those type of things.
Speaker 2: If you are headed to Chicago for the DNC.
Speaker 13: The groups are calling on Kamala Harris and the Democratic Party to push for an immediate ceasefire and the US military aid that is headed to Israel.
Speaker 4: That's not the only protest too.
Speaker 9: There's a lot of community activists in Chicago who are planning the protests in the spirit of Dick Gregory's nineteen sixty eight DNC demonstration, and they're advocating for a black agenda. They're advocating for a housing injustice in Chicago the displacement of seniors and black families, and the migrant crisis that is impacting the communities of Chicago and those are black people.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I was gonna say shout out to Gregory. You definitely did his big one.
Speaker 13: And it's just switching gears, you know, and baby related health news. You may want it to double check the formula you're given to the baby. The FDA is ordering a recall of powdered baby formula sold at CBS Pharmacies and HB.
Speaker 2: Grocery stores across twelve states.
Speaker 13: Parago Company says it's recalled over sixteen thousand cans of store brand Fremium infant formula with iron milk based powder because they contained too much vitamin ded now. The FDA says they have no reports of any adverse effects because of the powder, but they say most infants won't have any problems. However, they do point out that infants with other health issues, especially kidney problems, uh, there are complications possible. So the recall is for any products shipped after February sixth. The states impacted are Florida, California, South Carolina, New Jersey, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Texas, Missouri, Indiana, and Tennessee and Virginia said, I mentioned Virginia. Anyways, wherever you at, check that baby formula before you give it to that baby.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 11: That's why you can't square away from that Liquid Gold man.
Speaker 4: That's your frog page.
Speaker 2: Listen, We're not gonna get too much into that. That's your procase. We're not shaming it into it.
Speaker 4: You gotta I don't think the babies can. I don't.
Speaker 15: I don't think.
Speaker 2: President Liquid Gold.
Speaker 8: But that's your broug page News.
Speaker 2: I'm Morganwood.
Speaker 13: You can hit me on socials at Morgan Media and for more news coverage. Be sure you're listening to the black information that work at b i nnews dot com.
Speaker 4: Thank y'all, all right, thank you Morgan.
Speaker 1: And when we come back, Sauce Walker will be joining us all the Sauce Walker from Texas, So kick.
Speaker 4: With him next to the Breakfast Club in the morning.
Speaker 1: The Breakfast Club, Good morning, everybody is dj n V Jess Hilarry Schell, I mean the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We have Laura Larrossa with us and now with us this morning. We got a special guest in the building.
Speaker 9: You've got a new album out, Sauce Father too, Sauce Walker, what's up my brother and site?
Speaker 4: Man, it's the kid that did man, the kid that really didn't the reason why the Sauce Water was reading you know the flag I'm speaking, Sauce Walker. Yeah, yeah, Now people act like they know.
Speaker 6: What you just.
Speaker 8: Beginning.
Speaker 4: I always do it that I never say nothing that I don't do, you know what I mean? You know, I think people don't realize about you, Sauce Walker.
Speaker 9: You really are a dope ass raffle thank you pleasure, like an mc mc real life. But I think the online personality sometimes overshadows the bass.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, I mean, you know, it's more of a thing like don't judge a book by its cover, but also what we'd like to say and my crew, we'd like to say, don't let the sauce fool you, you know what I'm saying. But also as well, you know, I kind of feel like a lot of artists and a lot of rappers put on this persona and they put on this image, but like you always gotta be tough for you always gotta be on some streets, you know what I'm saying, Like you can't just enjoy life for be humorous, just have fun, and you know what I'm saying, enjoy life for what it is. And I always be so serious for me and my personal experience. I feel like, when you really come from the struggle, when you really come from violence, when you really come from pain and suffering, and you get to a platform like Instagram, this app was made to light pictures and make memories and have fun, and just so happened, it became a platform where people could create lucrative ways of generating residual it coming wealth off of you know what I'm saying, creating a wider audience through a platform. And I feel like, why would I use Instagram as a place to try to be like overly seer. It's over hard when I'm trying to reach out to the world, you know what I'm saying. That's how I look at it.
Speaker 10: I listened to we were talking about earlier, some of your interviews, and I listened to how you were talking about how you like do like their promotions sometimes for other artists and whatever, and I was like, this is how like an influencer works, Like do you consider yourself an influencer too?
Speaker 8: Or like it's just you.
Speaker 4: I mean to be honest. I only rap on the weekends. I'm keep it real like I'm more of a lot of things than an artist. I'm a CEO, I'm a philanthropist in my community. I'm a motive, motivational speaker and financial advising consulting for a lot of people in different companies as well, own six different LLC's too corporations. I sell boats all all forms of streaming up from being a YouTube with TikTok of only fans rapping like I've done, I do it. I've done it all. That's within my respected realm of hustling, you know what I mean. So rapping is just something that is first nature to me because I've been doing in my whole life. I've been recording in Perfect in the studios is nineteen ninety six, when I was like six years old. I've been rapping my whole life. It is just something that I just do with that I'm good at. But I happen to be one of those people that's just talented enough to where I can do anything and still be successful and make millions of dollars of conversation. I could be make millions of dollars podcasting, comedian acting. I'm just one of those stars with just multitalanted but rapping. It's a strong suit that I have lyrically that it does get overshadowed and overlooked because I'm so charismatic, you know what I'm saying. But you know it's a gifferent occurage because you know, it's certain areas where it calls to have intelligence, conversation and charisma, and a lot of artists don't have that in those areas. So you may have good music and a good song that lasts momentarily, but you don't laugh last for a lifetime because people not invested to you as a person, as a human being more than just your music. You know, music is subjective. Sometimes it's good, sometimes people don't care for it. But everybody always loves a great personality in a great mind.
Speaker 10: But does it get to you sometimes, Like when you just dropped that free so I think.
Speaker 11: It was yeah yeah and knock life yeah, like.
Speaker 10: And people were like, yo, he really be going, and like it's like almost like people are always relearning that that's what you do naturally.
Speaker 4: I mean, honestly, I always been one of them type of people. That's like I've been taking my flowers my entire career. I'm sure the man is. I don't know how familiar y'all are with me, but I know so the main be very familiar with my career. They've been we've been talking to each other and trying to get me up here for years, since early early in my career when I was doing the Sauce Twins, I've always known and I've always been very vocal and confident about the fact that I know I'm one of the best rappers to ever live, not just of my generation or not just from Texas, like I know for a million percent. In fact, lyrically ball for ball, similar for similarly analogy for analogy, metaphor for metaphor storytelling having actual substance, meaning a message that people can actually grab knowledge wholesome, this information from pain, struggle and healing through the things that we go through being black people in America, coming from poverty, coming from struggle, broken parenting, or just taking the struggle part out of it, but just elite plusline skills and delivery in catuses like I've shown over my ten year spanning my career that I'm not only I'm one of the best, but I'm also one of the most prolific rappers to come out of my generation and generation before me, and then being there. He's not putting sauce on that. I'm not.
Speaker 11: I'm telling you.
Speaker 4: And I'm from the South, and I'm from the South. I'm from Houston, Texas. You know what I'm saying. I'm from the same place as Skull Fights the Cowboys, is it. And I'm renowned, respected by New York and New York rappers more than anywhere else. My biggest market is New York. Houston or well, Texas is my first market and then New York is my second.
Speaker 20: You were talking about all your many business ventures and all the things that you do in the first record on SOFTBA.
Speaker 8: The two is.
Speaker 20: Master P and I really love the relationship between Texas and New Orleans. Just talk to me about your year relationship with master P.
Speaker 4: That's on. Get what you think, but go ahead. You know I'm a I'm a master P and in a lot of different areas, you know what I'm saying. And I respect the direction and some of the principles that master P implemented in his career to get where he is. And I've been told this by some of the label execs and people that I do do business with or have done business with in the industry that some of the deal structures that I've created are kind of like master P deals because it's like very rare where artists can sign a deal with an anti major label or major label, get millions of dollars and still keep his entire catalog separated from that contractual agreement and having a record label with I got fifty fifty artists, well producers and artists as well, but forty some artists and ten producers signed to my record label and my distribution company, and I have of those forty some artists, probably like seven or eight of those artists are international from like here, Shima, Japan, Puerto Rico, Venezuela. So like, I think that I've created a cult fan base and a following somewhat similar to No Limit and master P with the Sauce Walker and the Sauce Family. T yourself. But in that song you're talking about pimping. I mean, I'm always talking about the pimping, You know what I mean. But you know it's it's the p is a lot of things is being a pimp, is being a player, a president, prestigious, It's being professional, it's being POWERU, it's being a lot of things. Being a pe. You know what I'm saying, And I represent all of those titles very well, But I'm who created P. Did it come from Texas or did it come from what you saying? The turn P P pushing P. I don't push P. What we do is something is different. The P itself don't come from no rappers or none of that. The psself come from the game. It comes from a man with a plan and a woman with a vagina that's a little bit finer. That's where the PEE comes from. All the other stuff is like fabricated or extra like you can make it sound cool, like saying you're pushing paper. You know what I'm saying. That was like about the most decent explanation that I feel that that that that that was given from that perspective. But the P is to be the ultimate player, you know what I'm saying. And there's two sides of it. You can be a player, you can be a pimp. You know what I'm saying. A pimp is somebody who leads and tells people, or gives a person a task or a strategy to go make money. That's all the pimp is. As a manager is somebody that gives you instutions to do something that either they know how to do or they prefer to you to do it, and they just evaluate what you're doing like a coach, a life coach, a player, though, is somebody who people that already got the money. I just play my way into the situation.
Speaker 1: We got more with Source Walker when we come back, so don't move. It's to Breakfast Club, Good Morning. More than everybody is dj n V. Jess, Hilaris Chlamine the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Jess is on Maturnity Lead.
Speaker 4: You've burn.
Speaker 1: La Rosa is filling in and Knowledge. It's with us this morning. We're still kicking in with Sauce Walker from Texas.
Speaker 10: Lauren, So you're talking about people becoming like popping right and things changing.
Speaker 8: When did you realize like you were popping like me?
Speaker 4: I was born, I was popping. I knew I was popping. I ain't know no, just just I knew I was him my whole life. I've been him, came woo him, I came out to woomb him. I've been I've been like a star my whole life. Like I said earlier, I've been wrapping my whole life. I never was like one of those kids that was like confused about what I wanted to be when I grew up or what was gonna happen for me. Like I always knew I was gonna be an entertainer. I always know I was gonna be a rapper. I always knew I was gonna be flyers, and I know and I was handsome my whole life. I always knew that that was even say that for me, like I understand the difference between being a handsome man, but just a man that don't have natural you know what I'm saying. The ability to just captivate a woman's attention nobody ugly for nothing.
Speaker 8: Was so I really enjoyed these You have a podcast, No need.
Speaker 4: I say. You said, I don't want to call him anybody. You ain't wanna call the girl raggety. You adn't want I'm so I'll be saying certain stuff about with girls or just with people in there. People just wanting to attack me, from my opinion, but everybody sub checked. Look, oh man, he's so informative, like I would love to watch a podcast on top. But then some of them.
Speaker 10: Sometimes you be calling like you be calling people out for stuff like that's what I when.
Speaker 4: I hear the call it like it is, I know not I'm been going to change that.
Speaker 8: The Drake moment was the moment that's.
Speaker 4: When a lot of people know me from controversial like that. Yeah, yeah, I'm gonna stand on the business regardless of whoever. Whatever you call. It's funny tho, because you called Drake off cultural appropriation way before Kendrick did. I did. I did. I definitely did. And if my whole city would have supported what I was on back then for the reasons that I did it, then we would have got the same reaction that Kendren lamore in California. And I think it's just a beautiful thing with again no discredit to either one of those artists, because again I have nothing to do with it, and I don't give a about this because I'm a MILLIONAI, I'm sauthwalking and I made it. I beat the black ball of the rap games, of those toposity scenarios. But to speak on that particular situation is that it's just a beautiful thing to see the outcome of an entire city and then entire state standing behind the artist that represents them well and represents the culture and just trying to defend for their culture and the culture itself, not trying to mediate or prohibit their artists from fending for their culture, but instead standing behind them and supporting that ideal. And that's the difference between appreciation and appropriation. And that's what creates a bigger landscape of economy and opportunity for that city. The South. It takes it hugeon espacely was supposed to government. And you know what I'm saying, it's cool. Somebody got to do it, and I did it. I ain't tripping them, bro. Don't you think Houston alight?
Speaker 9: It looks at Drake different because there wouldn't be hosscovery.
Speaker 4: I don't give a what Houston look at it. It's what I said. I'm a j prince too, like my world is a law. Well, what I speak is the real opinions of the city of Houston, the people that's in the south side, of the people that's on the north side. The people say they felt like what I was saying it was not No, it's not make believe. It's simple. It's not rocket science. It was simple. If you in the city and you saying like what you just said, you just said that it wouldn't be no, it wouldn't be no Drake without Houston. Okay. So at the time, why did Drake not and still to this day, why did Drake not have no bunch of records with Houston artists? You aren't doing that with Atlanta if you love Atlanta and actually he got it's seven, eight, nine to fifteen artists that you got songs with in Atlanta. Not only does you know that the city of Atlanta was gonna look at you weird for not doing that, look at you and feel a certain type of way by you, by you not making those songs and making those moments with that city, but you knew that it was also beneficial for you as an artist to make music with these songs because the leveling of stardom and momentum it feeds each other. Versus you feel that I'm just the a side artist that lifting up this musician. If I'm going to foreign land and I have resources and you have resources that I want to also generate from, we're supposed to share, we supposed to trade, and that's what makes everybody stronger. It didn't make sense and it was just a total line of disrespect to me at the time. And this will be for any celebrity and artists, This particular superstar, this particular entity that in my city can simply make two songs with two different artists here, that's gonna create so much revenue from ESPN's to the talk shows, to Nikes and all these huge companies seeing that, Oh wow, there's money, there's momentum, there's lucrativeness in the state of Texas. Look at these artists working with these artists. Okay, maybe it makes sense for us to run the NBA campaign behind this song with these artists when we have Toronto planning against the Houston Rockers, so Toronto playing against the datas Maverags. We're gonna make sure that these artists are sitting on the sidelines that we do with the And that's just add that I understood from a business standpoint that that should be happening. Isn't that required a Houston artists too, those I mean, Travis ain't no slops. Travis is a big deal, and I vocally publicly have stood on the business and made Travis adhere to that type of me and Travis got a real brotherly relationship. Like it's in Houston.
Speaker 3: Know that.
Speaker 4: Like there's been times with still going on where I asked and required, like Travis bro like it's do this with this artist or acknowledge this artist, or like you know what I'm saying, Let's let's go do this music right here, and Travis does it because Cherevin understand. Like that's the difference. Like Travis Son artists from Houston. Travis has made music with all this from Houston. Traffick show up the music videos for artists from Houston. Oh and knew. He do concerts, put Houston artists on the on the bill, put him his main performers. He does his due diligence. Megan A. Stallion, she does something. She had songs with Soft Walk, she got songs with Maxoklain, she got songs with a little Kecky, she got song big poking. That's really being from a city, being and appreciating the culture of me being in New York. I love New York. I made a New York album produced by New York producers with New York all this featured on it. You just seen may Not just came through the window. Oh my boys, Sauce, I made songs with Mayno years and years years ago. No disrespect to bun Bet he's from Port Author, He's not from Houston. Make a lot of people trying to say, oh what Drake made his own bun bun being not from Houston, No disrespect them. This is Houston textas were talking about. You just said Houston, didn't you do You say Port Author? Du say Houston? All right?
Speaker 9: Then you made an excellent point too on Bootlet cav podcast that I want I want you to get into because I really loved that you said.
Speaker 4: It's the Boulet cav.
Speaker 9: You said, only fans is providing women with a safer alternative to the streets and offering them a sense of intimate freedom.
Speaker 4: Yes, liborate on that. It's as in this substitution to prostitution. It's a way for a woman to give a man the same ecstasy and fulfillment that he gets touching her body physically. But she could do it from the comfortability of her home, in a living room or in a bedroom and retain the physical side of her dignity. Now there may be an in opinion from her family's, friends, co workers, and loved ones about her body being out there on pictures. But again, I we talked about earlier, were living in the world where the average woman on the internet is showing you some form of skin. The average woman understands the algorithm feeds her pockets and feeds her marketing strategies much more. Where she looks appealing and sexually appealing to the eye of not just men, but the women who inspire to look like her, These are the things that are beneficial for her market place and share to sell products. A man will buy a product from another rough looking man with a scruffy beard and with THEO because of the message behind the product. A woman not buying a product from another woman that she doesn't see in some shape of beautiful the way she looks at herself. Is that true?
Speaker 8: Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 10: When you start talking about that, start thinking about when I get my hair done?
Speaker 8: No I did. I didn't even see her, thinking like people.
Speaker 4: Go get a haircut from about head mother, when I would never get a hair done.
Speaker 8: Come on, yeah, when I get my hair done.
Speaker 4: Dread get your front to put in and if I'm.
Speaker 10: Trying a new artist, I go to the Instagram and I want to see how she's doing her hair personally when she goes out. Maybe she not dressed up in a salon, but I do want to see how Sis looks on a daily because it's like can she upkeep? Because then if she matched my upkeep, I know she's not gonna You're not gonna see my agd.
Speaker 1: How we got more with Sauce Walker. When we come back, you don't move. It's to breakfast club. Good morning to everybody in j NV, Jess, Hilariy, Charlamagne, the guy we are the breakfast club. Jess is on Maturnity leave, Loura la Rossa is filling in, and now that is with us this morning. We're still kicking in with Sauce Walker from Texas. Lauren with such.
Speaker 8: An elevated way of learning and thinking.
Speaker 10: Like there's still sometimes though, where like you put yourself on I won't even say put yourself, but you get into some certain situations like that the high speed chase or is that like a thing of the not happening anymore? Like how does a person that thinks and knows how valuable you are end up in a situation like.
Speaker 4: That because not perfect crazy.
Speaker 8: It's not a targeting question you need.
Speaker 4: I'll go have fun and en joy life Walker, I'll go over there.
Speaker 17: Oh hey.
Speaker 4: But the point of what I'm trying to say is I'm still a strict man. I'm still again I said I only rap on the weekends. I spend a lot of my time in multiple cities just being out and about in the communities, in multiple different trap houses, chilling with rappers, like up and coming rappers, people who aspire to be rappers. I'm still like in a grid of it. I don't always record in professional studios and background. Sometimes I'm recording in some apartments, you know what I'm saying, just to get that feeling and their true essence of where I started it with it, you know what I'm saying, And just to also be a motivational piece for people to see, like you could touch success, you could be like you see a cyber truck on the internet and saft walk up, bring a cyberchruck right to your ghetto and right to yo hood. And me having that connection and openness to my background and where I come from, and still indulging in some of the activities that come from where I come from. Something that's simple than smoking weed and sit and drink or put you in a position to us like, damn, now I'm getting pulled over. You know what I'm saying. I might be going through this and that, and I still didn't pull over you. I know, I said, I said, now I'm getting you know what I'm saying, and you know it just be how be you know what I'm saying. You know, like you know, I was just in a situation where you, first of all, you know what I'm saying the way that you know it was just it is what it is.
Speaker 7: It is.
Speaker 4: I would say this, I would say this without saying too much. I'd say this is that I grew up where if a car is telling me or following me fast with all the lights off, I'm trying to do two things, respond or respond, And in that situation, I was you know, that was my response. And I've had a history of responding that way. You know what I'm saying in certain and certain calls, and I'm just going to change that by myself. But at the end of the day, you know, it is what it is about. When you had the broomstick and the dude was coming at you with the knife. I'm just violent, like meaning as far as like when somebody aggresses me, like brings aggression to me. I'm just that, just how I am defindish. I don't got security and none of that. I don't do like you just seen. I come up here with five thousand chain on. I ain't got no big tall person with black t on and in the little pouch like yeah, I ain't one of them typing out my own security. I beat people up. I've been to the penitentiary. I've been fighting and defending myself my whole like my daddy six y five, like I have no physical fear of confrontation, death for another man, weapons, gun like I just off off. Here's the taste is a place where guns or cell phones and wallets. A handgun is a cell phone. Where I'm from. Where I'm from, every person in this radio station got a handgun, and they bad every day of their life. Every woman is trained normally regularly to walk around with a handgun, every single one of y'all where I'm from.
Speaker 9: When do you give up the screen life songs? Because you got a lot to offer.
Speaker 4: I mean, I my personal opinion, I feel that I don't think it's ever going to prohibit the blessing for me to just completely walk away from the streets because what I was born into, and by me being born into this lifestyle, into this way of thinking, and to these relationships with people, I owe certain lordy, certain relationships, certain accountability of going back to the community in which I was raised then and the people that shared my struggles and be a vessel of cleansing and healing and teaching and prosperity to them. I have to go back and be with them. I have to go in those communities and be a part of the activities and the struggles and the conversations that's going on from where I come from. To make a.
Speaker 20: Difference, being able to go back to bround zero, I think is just though you're you've elevated, you know, you're still humble, Like where did you get all of your coding, like your ethics?
Speaker 4: Because I really come from a lot of nothing. And when I say that, I mean like I grew up in a motherless home, not a fatherless home. And but you say your mom was a strip your words, a scripple, And yeah, my mom was a prostitute. My mom was a dancer. Mom was not a dancer. My mama was also a gangster. My mama was also a hustler. My father was was expiring athlete. I grew up where cocaine crag heroin, the a roma of it being cooked and prepared to be used as like air freshen in the living room to me for a large period of time. Then there's a period of time after that were My mother just wasn't president in my life at all for twelve thirteen years, and I'm just growing up with a single father trying to chase his dream, raise me, raise another woman's family that he married, and also paid child support on me while I'm in his living room because a woman asks for child support and got the documentation needed. They said she's going to get that payment, that you raising the child or night whatever. But I say that to say with the struggles and the harshess that I grew up, and not just on my parents because that's just parenting, just the surroundings around me. First time I seen people get shot and shoot each other, I'm seven six, And then I grew up in a mixture of two very wild places my mom from Chicago, my dad from Houston, Texas. Yeah, like I just seen it. I've experienced with my uncle of pim. My uncle's is dope fiends, my grandny is alcohol My grandmother and houstonunk, and my dad is one hundred percent of her. During my mama, my grandmother's from a little cyberhunduras, I watched my grandmama died from alcohol poison and from just being an over alcoholic. And my grandma died like four days before my sixth birthday type so like, and she was teaching me Spanish. Like it was just so much that I saw struggle young. It matured me like my childhood was down there, ripped from me from just all the experiences that I've been through, so like growing up to me, I never liked watching movies like Minister Society and me know, Brown and Boys in the Hood and all that, because I'm really living that, Like how can I find enjoyment and entertainment from black struggling and black poverty and making humorous moments of it. When I really got the Ezekiel and my doorstep getting drunk, I'm really living around debos and craigs and like my mama is wanted. My mama is a Felicia. How is that funny? How is this like? How is this escape up of my mind? How is this a visual pleasing moment to my young mentality when this is my everyday reality. That's not no entertainment. That's systematically progragramming me to continuously be what I already a living or to think that that's fun. You're breaking I am because because why? Because I want to be Goku? Did you want to.
Speaker 8: Say this conversation is definitely yeah, but.
Speaker 4: I'm the Internet. I'm just dripping. Yeah.
Speaker 11: We definitely enjoyed the conversation.
Speaker 9: But Sauce Father two is out now, and whatever you else got going on, man, when you're in New York, pull up on us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, soft Father two out right now. It's a business. Shout out to my record, shout out to my friends, Shout out to the Breakfast Club for having me here. You know, it's been a long time coming.
Speaker 14: Man.
Speaker 4: I appreciate you having me here. I appreciate me, And you're gonna be the fu lighter tonight. Tell him how to follow you. So just put your hands together and pray to the SAUCEA gud and say I need some If I needs saving, I need the sauce. It's gonna find you, and I got it. I got a podcast coming to man Sauce Me Up Podcasts. Follow us on YouTube. Man Sauce Me Up Podcasts coming soon, Man even hopefully I get some of y'all to be a guest one day. All over now it's Sauce Walker, Breakfast Club. Good morning everybody.
Speaker 1: It's t J n V Jess Hilarious, Charlamage the guy we are the Breakfast Club. Laura the Roast is filling in for just while she's on maternity leave. So let's get to jests with the message is.
Speaker 4: Real wether it's just robbing Moore, just don't.
Speaker 21: Do no lines, don't do that.
Speaker 4: World why jes Worldwise Master on the Breakfast Clubs, The Coaches with Lauren Lauren.
Speaker 17: Ros I'm back and I got the Mammy.
Speaker 10: So this just broke on Variety not too long ago. Tyler Perry The Worse and Black, The numbers are running up. He's basically telling y'all to talk to him nice. So there are a few stats on The Worst and Black and the success of the movie. I know a lot of people were like, the movie was horrible. I didn't watch it all the way through. While we keep supporting Tyler Perry, but baby Tyler Perry's audience.
Speaker 4: Pulls up for him always.
Speaker 10: So the movie drove more Prime video sign ups in the US than any Amazon MGM Studios movie produced to date. The film debut number three on Nielsen's movie charts with four hundred and ninety eight million minutes watched. So somebody wow sat and watched that movie all I wanted a lot of people.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I wanted to. I'm wanted to. Somebody's I shit.
Speaker 10: And then on an Illuminates movie chart, ninety three point two million minutes watched during the week of July twenty sixth, and this was only the third week that the movie had been on prime video.
Speaker 4: I want to close bonds for Tyler Perry. I don't know why to be playing with Tyler Perry.
Speaker 10: I don't know, but listen, he's consistent and it's not broke, so he ain't fixing it.
Speaker 9: And you know what else Tyler Perry does. He super serves black people. Tyler Perry not trying to do nothing but super served black people. There's not too many people who super serve black people the way Tyler Perry does. Tyler Perry is strictly for us, by US gives jobs.
Speaker 4: I never thought.
Speaker 10: She does a lot, not only because it's like he's grown so much, because everything he's accomplished, but he I.
Speaker 4: Mean all because of black people.
Speaker 8: One hundred percent.
Speaker 10: But I'm thinking back to, like, like I said, my first time watching media on DVD, you still get the same feeling when you watch his movies now it's super like I don't know, it's just like my grandma want to watch it, my mom want to watch it.
Speaker 8: I want to watch it, my niece want to watch it.
Speaker 9: I started watching my yeah, because of my mother in law. It was on DVD and it wasn't even it was a stage play.
Speaker 8: Yes, I got the stage play DVD.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 10: Well, yeah, shout out to Tyler Perry. So something that didn't go so well the Olympics and break dancing. So y'all know this year and in twenty twenty four Olympics, they had break dancing as one of the Olympic sports and it was just announced that when they bring the Olympics to when they bring the Olympics to la in twenty twenty eight, breakdancing will not be one of the sports. Now you know that there are different committees that get to choose what the sports are.
Speaker 4: Yes, but a lot of.
Speaker 10: People online are basically saying that this was the first time that break breakdancing was considered a sport and brought to the Olympics, and it won't happen again because of a woman who competed named Rachel Gunn aka ray Gun.
Speaker 8: And let me tell y'all some of my ray Gun okay gun, let me tell you.
Speaker 10: My sis has a pd PDD, a PhD in dy dancing and dance. You can get a dance in Delaware, delap oh at what University of Delaware, which is almost the Ivy League school.
Speaker 4: Okay, keep give us.
Speaker 8: It is considered it's very top of the time, ray Gunn.
Speaker 10: But no, Ray Gun didn't go to University of Delaware because if she did, she would have had a little bit of because her break dancing moves did not hit it.
Speaker 4: She was horrible.
Speaker 10: She lost horribly, fifty four to zero. She wasn't awarded any points whatsoever. And more more than anything, she was like the meme of the Olympics.
Speaker 12: She was.
Speaker 10: And it's crazy because The Olympics committee said that they added breakdancing because they wanted to attract a younger audience, a social media TikTok audience, and baby did ray gunn do that?
Speaker 1: But you know what, I was watching Snoop's page and Snoop posted some of the other break dances and they were getting busy.
Speaker 4: They were really, really, really good.
Speaker 1: Yes, so it's it's really messed up. I mean, I don't think breakdancing is a sport. I'm sorry, it's just it's just not a sport. But the dance contest that they dad that that Snoop posted was they were doing it then the.
Speaker 8: Dance contest like a six year old birthday party.
Speaker 9: It's interesting say that because the Olympics probably stopped doing it because of the backlash they received from social media, because social media always wants to focus on the worst of the worst.
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 9: If they would have focused on the people who were actually good in break dancing, then maybe Olympics would be bringing it back next year.
Speaker 11: Amazing, But so once again, who ruined it for everybody?
Speaker 8: Since we want to have fun? Have you seen the videos of ray Gun?
Speaker 4: You seen them? A white I posted Those are.
Speaker 8: Some of the best things that have come out of social media. Olympics.
Speaker 9: Yes, yeah, but it takes away from the people who are actually good. And being that it took away from the people who were actually good, they took it away from the Olympics all together next year.
Speaker 1: But all I know is if she could be in the Olympics, I know my moves could be an Olympics. Hands down, you got something. I'm better than rape gun. If you're never focus on the lowest bar, focus on the high bar.
Speaker 4: Who wanted the gold? We don't even know who want to gold? And break down? Want to go?
Speaker 9: We see what I'm saying, Always focusing on the worst I could be the We don't even know who won the gold?
Speaker 8: Black guy?
Speaker 13: That one?
Speaker 4: I think it's a black guy. Was at least America? Did America win to go? I think it was Haiti.
Speaker 8: Yo who won the Golden break Dance.
Speaker 4: I never thought of that.
Speaker 10: No, actually it was a guy named Pete Kim from Canada. And then second was the d SBL from France. Third is v Montalvo from the US.
Speaker 4: From like.
Speaker 18: To that?
Speaker 10: Wow, okay, oh, we gotta wrap it up. Dang, I want to tell you what Raygunn has said.
Speaker 4: You can tell us what she is. She said it. She said she better not have said niggas what she said.
Speaker 10: She said, it was disappointing that it was decided that it wouldn't be in l A, particularly before we even had a chance to show it.
Speaker 8: She don't need to show nothing.
Speaker 10: That was basically she's saying, before it got to like really have a couple of games like being a different like a couple.
Speaker 8: Of different times.
Speaker 10: Is your fault ring you ruined the very But she said it was possibly a little premature, that that wasn't the only premature baby them spins was given Tyler.
Speaker 4: Break dance is not a sport.
Speaker 10: I don't got nothing to do with that argument. I'm just telling you sis in that PD breakdance ain't no damn yo.
Speaker 9: Min be Why can't it be? It's very active, you know what I mean. It takes a lot of physical energy to do. Yeah, you gotta train, Yeah you gotta do you gotta practice the moves.
Speaker 11: It can be a sport. I don't see why it can't be. It just never has been.
Speaker 4: But it can be. Okay, Yeah, what have you got to say?
Speaker 8: All right, y'all?
Speaker 4: All right, well that is just with the mess with Laura the roads. So now we do all other forms of dancing. That's considered sports in the Olympics, so.
Speaker 8: It's considered Could that be an Olympic sports?
Speaker 4: Why not?
Speaker 8: It could be?
Speaker 11: It could be.
Speaker 10: Don't you get no ideas't no. Honestly, he has a p h D. I think she would try anything.
Speaker 12: Not.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, were giving your.
Speaker 9: Donkey two man for after the hour, we need a woman named Vera Laddell to come to the front of the congregation. We would like to have a word with Vera. Vera is out here stealing, stealing out of the mouths of babes. We'll discuss, all right, we'll get to that next. It's the breakfast club.
Speaker 4: Good morning you, charlage. Some donkey days, just said himself, Charlotte, Man, I was ready.
Speaker 6: For I read the donkey other day. Say it again, Charlama, Yes you are adult.
Speaker 9: Everything yees donkey today for Tuesday, August thirteenth, goes to Vera Laddell.
Speaker 16: Now.
Speaker 9: Veria is the school district official in Chicago who was recently given a nine year of jail sentence after pleading guilty is stealing one point five million dollars.
Speaker 4: Worth of You know what, Let's go to Fox twenty six Houston for the report.
Speaker 7: Police chasing chicken wing dreams during the pandemic was a mission. Vera Ladell and Chicago was on and the slick ass senior citizen had no prosecutors say. The Harvey School District food service manager stood on business. She ordered over eleven thousand cases of chicken wings that never touched the longing lips of any students. The total loss to the damn district was one point five million dollars. So the question is what did the looting lunch lady do with the wandering wings? Vera Laedell was arrested and faces felony charges. Now for now she's booked in the Cook County jail where she will get three hots in a cot, but not likely any of those damned chicken wings.
Speaker 9: Who is that On Fox twenty six with all that amazing alliteration, they said damn We said damn wings drop on the clue of boe for whoever that was to bind me that person's name stood on business.
Speaker 11: Wow uh Vera, this.
Speaker 9: Is the biggest of big BA activity since big backs have been doing big activities. Okay, we all know inflation has been bad, but when did chicken wings start costing more than a small country's GDP.
Speaker 4: One point five five million.
Speaker 9: Bea stole one point five million dollars in chicken wings during the pandemic. All these wings that were meant for children doing remote learning, but who were still picking up school meals. Right, all these kids were doing remote learning, but they were still picking up school meals. So all the chicken wings were for them. Barry Ladell stole them off. Okay, Barry Ladell stole enough chicken wings to last through a thousand Rock Nation Super Bowl halftime shows. Let me tell you something, man, whether it's Governor ten Walls in Minnesota or Governor josh A. Peril in Pennsylvania, if you have some type of universal food program, breakfast, lunch, whatever it is, I salute you.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 9: I am an ambassador for the Food Bank in Harlem. They provide groceries and free meals for people. That'solute the work they do. If you want to support, go to food Bank NYC dot org. The City of Charleston, South Carolina Hope Center. They provide food assistance for the homeless in Charleston, South Carolina.
Speaker 11: Hell this weekend.
Speaker 4: This Saturday, I'm doing my ninth annual book.
Speaker 9: Back Driving Schools Supply giveaway in most Corner, South Carolina at the Berkeley High School student parking lot from ten to one. We got free front fish plates and I got the Mini Mark Caribbean Grocery and Cuisine.
Speaker 11: They gonna have a food truck out there providing free Jamaican food.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 9: The marl of the story is My point is the hood gotta eat man, all Right. Folks is out here starving, and some of us are trying to do our best to make sure they eat. So to me Vera, what you did is diabolical. You was literally taking food out of the mouths of babies, all right. These chicken wings were for take home meals for students learning remotely during the pandemic.
Speaker 4: The school district was providing meals for the students that their families could pick up.
Speaker 9: Dropping the clothes bombs for Harvey School District one fifty two near Chicago. These are the kind of stories that I like to hear about. All Right, take a burden off people, folks out here hurting. Put some food in some folks stomach.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 9: Vera, you sixty eight years old. That's what you're supposed to be doing, putting food in kids stomach. You're supposed to be big mama. What happened to the big mamas that used to make sure everybody ate? Okay, Vera, eleven thousand cases the chicken wings? You must have sold those to Harolds for the low. All right, come on, now, one of these fried chicken places in Chicago came up.
Speaker 6: Who was it?
Speaker 9: Chicago's home with chicken at waffles, Uncle remus saucy fried chicken beer.
Speaker 4: You didn't do this without a plan.
Speaker 9: You don't just steal eleven thousand cases of chicken wings one point five million dollars in chicken wings and not have a place to sell them. Clearly, you don't believe it's snitching. Okay, but you sixty eight and you.
Speaker 4: Got nine years.
Speaker 9: That means you were about to be in prison until you seventy seven. Lord, have mercy. Those wings you stole aren't the only thing that's fried. Because there's no way in hell I would want to spend my golden years behind bars.
Speaker 4: I did some.
Speaker 9: Research, and by research I mean chat GPT, and I did some Googles. The question I asked was what should you be doing in your seventies. Here's some things they say, dang active, pursuing hobbies, socializing, traveling, can't do that in prison.
Speaker 11: Planning for the future, Well, at least you know where you're gonna be for the next nine years.
Speaker 4: Socializing prison not the way she probably want to.
Speaker 11: The marrowl of the story is nowhere on this list. Did it say be in prison?
Speaker 9: Okay, when you're seventy plus, you should be taking the time to enjoy the fruits of your labor and the relationships you've built over the years. If then people still alive, but no vera you want to steal chicken wings from the kids. At what point do we realize there is no right way to do the wrong thing. I don't care what age you are. If you can spend time, energy, and brain power playing in schemes like this stealing eleven thousand in chicken wings one point five million dollars in chicken wings, If you can work for the school district, learn how things are working internally, and then come up with the idea to successfully order and steal this much chicken wings, then you can truly do any damn thing you put your mind to. I believe in you, even if you don't believe in yourself. Please give Via Ladell to sweep out to the Hamiltons.
Speaker 4: Oh no, you are the gee of the day. Dogee. I just fought a big shadow cast over there. What happened? Did you play the president of the Fat Lives Matter Committee?
Speaker 8: Who's actually slimming down?
Speaker 22: Well, no, it's the answer staring. But I was in the bathroom and I heard you talking about chicken. So I came out here just to let you know, to put some insight because I first have some experience in this firsthand. When I worked at Burger King, I used to order extra cookies because they never used to really make as many cookies as they saw it, and I used to order the boxes extra, and then I would steal the boxes and you just cursed.
Speaker 4: Well, here's the thing.
Speaker 9: I wouldn't have no problem with that if you actually just gave the cookies away to the kids. If you did that and gave them away, But the fact you were selling them to the kids, not to.
Speaker 22: The kids, to the mama pops that had bakeries that you know they would sell stuff like that be like, yo, you want some cookie though, we got the top of the line, high grade cookie though stuffy boxes and stuff.
Speaker 8: For some reason, I don't believe your cookies made it to the shops.
Speaker 4: I believe that some of them did.
Speaker 22: I promise you about if we would do like we do like five boxes a week, I promise you three and a half with.
Speaker 1: Ma cas the statute of limitations up. Okay, get arrested for this? You that you just yourself.
Speaker 4: I can't get jams up for that, right, I'm sure you can. I'm sure you can't. Well know what burger king was though? What stake? See you trying to get me?
Speaker 8: You was about to say it to almost did too, but no, no, no, you know what mine.
Speaker 9: I'm bad, y'all allegedly alleged in the story. Is you hear that hair brain scheme Matt came up with. I'm glad you started using that energy to be more creative and become a comedian and write jokes.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean? You did something with that.
Speaker 9: Okay, if you can come up with hair brain schemes like that to steal, you can do anything, true.
Speaker 4: But that's you know what I mean? That's right now, it's the last time stole was the last time you stole food? Food or in general? Yeah, Jesus Christy, oh my God. All right, Vera, bless God, bless Vera.
Speaker 9: All right, well, thank you for that donkey to day very might be the first color in the history of colors. The order eleven thousand piece all flats on TV.
Speaker 1: All right, well, when we come back, Vi vic Ramaswami, did I say it right, Ramaswami? But vic Ramaswami, I was close some righty, he's gonna be joining us. We're gonna kick it with him when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 12: Waring.
Speaker 1: Everybody's DJ Envy, Jess, Hilarius, Charlamagne, the Gud.
Speaker 4: We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Jess is on maternity leave and La Laosa is filling in, and we got a special guest in the building.
Speaker 9: But Vic Ramaswamy, it's gonna be back. Man, Listen, I like when I guess we can call you a politician.
Speaker 5: Man, right, I'm ex politician. I was about like ten months eleven months run right, At some point I dropped out after I you know, I believe in trying to win but when your moment isn't there, then you know what.
Speaker 4: You move on to the next thing and listen whether I agree with the things you talk about or not.
Speaker 11: I got to give problems to do. Great speech at the RNC.
Speaker 4: Thank you. I appreciate that. Great speech. I appreciate that once you get to people with the call and response whatever, finishing your sentences, Yeah, you got something.
Speaker 5: H We tried to try to be as effective as I could there. The part of that speech that I wish I had incorporated more into my actual campaign was when I tried to talk through the speech through the camera to people at home who traditionally aren't viewed as part of the Republican base. And I think that's something that we should all probably do a better job of, especially as a young person. It's a part of my speech was talking to millennials, talking to gen Z. I actually think a lot of millennials, if I'm thirty eight, I'm a millennial, are pretty jaded and disaffected with policies that Republicans enacted. Right the Iraq War, Well, you know it was a failure, I admit that brought to you by the Republican Party of two thousand and four, the two thousand and eight financial crisis, as well as the bailouts, the bank bailouts, which by the way, I was against before we got to remind people to say, you know what, both parties, including the Republican Party, have been responsible for some of those policy failures, but you still can't be jaded about your country. And to gen Z, my message is you'll be the generation that actually saves the country. You don't have to bend the need anybody's orthodoxy, not a Republican orthodoxy, not a democratic orthodoxy. Think independently for yourself and so anyway, I think that that was hopefully a productive message and a starting point to say we don't have to shackle ourselves through these partisan lenses.
Speaker 4: I agree with that, But why do y'all continue to bend the need of magat in? Well, what is maga?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 5: We could talk about that. I think that there are many flavors of MAGA and the idea of making here's where here's my flavor of it. Okay, I'm not somebody who tries to harken back to a past and say, oh, I want to go back to the America that I grew up.
Speaker 18: In the America that I want to America. Should I want to make America greater than it has ever been before. Yes, So I don't just want to make America great again. I want to make America greater than ever. And that's what our country has always been founded on, which involves recognizing that we're imperfect because we're human beings. We always fall short of our ideals. We wouldn't be human beings if we'd be a nation of you know, I know, Charlemane the God, but we'd be a nation of gods if we did not, if we did not fall short of our ideals. But we're not a nation of God's. We're a nation of human beings, and so we're imperfect, but we aspire towards excellence, we aspire towards a better nation. And so to me, I think that's an ambitious, hopefully unifying version of a MAGA message that I do believe in and I think people are hungry for. And I don't think there's anything wrong with that message.
Speaker 9: Because it feels like at the top would the ticket, you know, the Donald Trump's and even now as vice president of JD. Vans, they're always trying to take us back.
Speaker 4: That's why. I do like the Vice president slogan, We're not going back. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Look, I will say that when it comes to messaging, that was a pretty smart message. People are interested in the future. What I think is missing right now in the race, it's, frankly from both sides, is a hard discussion on policy. That's actually what we need. We're less than three months out an election.
Speaker 8: A lot better at that than what we were seeing before from Biddy.
Speaker 5: I don't think she has yet given us what her clear policy positions are. I think the fact of the matter is the economic policy. It was just on CNBC this morning before I came here, they're asking me, what do you think of her economic policy?
Speaker 4: She has not articulated what her economic policies are.
Speaker 11: What you want to rebuild the middle class, you want to make sure whole body.
Speaker 5: Because there's some examples right specific policies. She sued the Obama administration when she was California's Attorney general for granting fracking permits. That's getting natural gas out of the ground through getting hydraulic fracturing of natural gas. Is she in favor of that now or not. Her advisers are saying she's no longer in favor of that. We don't know does she favor extending the Trump tax cuts. The Trump tax cuts I think helped a lot of people, middle class included. We just don't know whether she's in favor of the or not. And I think Republicans, by the way, are making a mistake too. I don't think that going down the road of I think both sides calling you this side weird. I don't think that's productive now Republican responses of personal attacks and response. I think we would be better served in this election as Americans if for the next three months we have a vigorous debate on policy. Which policies are better going to lift up Americans? And the litmus test for both sides is this, can you make the case for your candidate without actually referencing the other side. So my challenge actually to a lot of the Kamala Harris supporters is the most of the case that I hear involve invoking Donald Trump. What is the case for Kamala Harris that does not involve referencing Donald Trump at all? I think that's missing right now, I got it, And for Republicans, I'd give you similar advice too. What do we stand for, not just what are we against? What do we actually stand for? Offer that vision, and I think the country will be better off of both sides step you can do that.
Speaker 9: You think it's wise to go after the vice president's race. Our question Tim Wallace's military background when you're trying to attract independence in mierates.
Speaker 5: Going after Kamala Harris for being a flip flopper or telling audiences what they want to hear, I think is a good line of attack because we don't know what her policies are, so I think it's an interesting line of attack to say, are you just going to tell people what they want to hear, or are you going to tell your people what you actually believe about yourself and who you are? That I think is an interesting line of attack, and that could include some cultural elements for her, what her racial identity is or isn't. I don't think that's a good line of attack Tim Walls going after him for any part of his military service, to say that, oh, you didn't carry a big enough gun on the front line of fire and therefore you didn't serve the country. That's not a good line of attack. But I think an interesting and worthy line of attack is saying that did you lie about it?
Speaker 14: Right?
Speaker 4: You don't.
Speaker 5: There's no obligation in this country to serve in the military. It's honorable if you do. But if you're going to say that you served in a war that you weren't in that then that goes back to.
Speaker 11: The question of honesty.
Speaker 4: Doesn't have to draw those distinctions.
Speaker 9: Doesn't that deflect from what Tim Wall the issue that he's actually bought up, which is there shouldn't be any military style assault weapons on the streets in the hands of civilians, because that's really what he was talking about.
Speaker 11: It to me when you start bringing up, well, I.
Speaker 5: Think there's a few different things going on the Tim Wall situation. There is evidence in interviews and otherwise that he suggested he served in Afghanistan when he didn't, and that he actually did know before that he was going to be called to Iraq before he decided to actually go run for Congress. I'm not in the business of questioning his service at all. But when you're asking the question, and you haven't heard me talk about this general topic in the media at all myself, But if you're asking me, is it fair game for Republicans to go after him for lying to the public.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 5: Is it smart or a good idea to go after him for military service, No, But I think that for lying to the public for somebody's gonna Vice Prision of the United States, that is I think it worthy.
Speaker 7: Line of it.
Speaker 4: I think from the issue of gun well.
Speaker 5: My whole thing is, let's focus this on policy. Let's let's have a debate on the merits of policy. And where he lent now, Tim Walls, it's interesting as a governor, you may or may not agree with the policies, but he is a governor who has increased tax burden in Minnesota. He favors higher capital gains taxes for people live in Minnesota. It's one of the highest tax states in the country. It's not California, New York. It's a Midwestern state, got by far the highest tax burden of anywhere in the Midwest. He is somebody who believes in a lot of the restrictions on fossil fuels. I don't know where you all are on that issue. I'm dead set against much of the climate change agenda because I think it leaves Americans of every political persuasion worse off. Tim Wallas, as a governor has been most one of the most aggressive. Some people might like it, people like me don't. But he's been one of the most aggressive on implementing climate change policies, even at the state level. So those are legitimate lines of attack that I think we're not going hard enough on as Republicans because we're focused on other issues.
Speaker 1: We have one with Vivi Ramaswami when we come back as the Breakfast Club Good Morning Holding. Everybody is DJ Envy, Jess Larry's Charlomagne the guy we are to Breakfast Club. Jess Larius is still all maternity leave and Laura Luossa is filling in. We're still kicking it with Vivick Ramaswami Charlomagne.
Speaker 11: To ask you thinking about the flip flopping too. Isn't that what politicians do?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 9: And what I mean by that is Jade Vance was calling Trump America's hitler, all right, but now he's when it comes to Trump, he's the hawk.
Speaker 4: Two.
Speaker 9: Girl was like, he's just you know, he's off every chance he gets. And that's what that's what a lot of y'all do, like just politicians in general. You here, so many different Republicans have said so many negative things about Donald Trump, but ans soon as he becomes the nominee, everybody just falls in line.
Speaker 10: And normally they fall in the line in unison and you can raise against raise against the machine. It doesn't feel like Trump in vents or like it's not there, like so what do you call?
Speaker 4: That's so?
Speaker 5: Here's what I will say, is is it fair game to press jd Vance hard on why he said certain things about Donald Trump before versus what his view is on Donald Trump today? Yes, I think that's fair game. And has he been pressed and has he answered for that?
Speaker 4: Yes? He has.
Speaker 5: What I would love to see is both candidates and Kamala Harris hasn't done this yet, and I'd love to challenge her to do it because I think it's good for the voters of the country. She hasn't sat down for one media interview of a hard pressing one on one variety yet, and she's actually the leading candidate now when many of the polls for US president. So I just think we deserve a country where the people are willing to show up. Just show up here, show up on CNBC where I was this morning, and actually engage in hard questions about what her beliefs are. You sow JD say what you will on the three shows yesterday, pressed on exactly that very issue, and I think that's good for the American people to then be able to make their own judgment. It's not your judgment or a journalist's judgment, but it's what people at home are able to see to assess. Do I actually believe somebody who believes they changed their mind over the course of time. Kamala Harris might have changed her mind, and I think it's okay. Flip flopping is one thing. Changing your mind thoughtfully is another. But you deserve to be questioned on it, and it's up to the voters to decide whether or.
Speaker 4: Not they believe you.
Speaker 5: Right now, we're not getting that chance, and I do think it is you know you're saying, well, we hopefully we're going to see that.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure yet that we will.
Speaker 5: It's been about a solid month that Kamala Harris has been the presumptive nominee. We got the convention coming up, whether this coming week next week. I think it is for the health of this country that the same treatment that the media gave Joe Biden in that last few weeks after his debate. They didn't do that for three years. For three years, we missed that. The fact that it took that early debate and Donald Trump demolishing them in that debate for the country to suddenly wake up and say that Joe Biden is not a functioning US president is actually a damning indictment of the entire media and its relationship to the political class. So we can't make that same mistake with Kamala Harris. I think the media needs to demand that she at least faced the same kind of questioning that frankly, JD. Vans and Donald Trump are getting right now, and then the public is it's up to them to decide that's a functioning demolisher.
Speaker 10: But you're not implying by her and not doing the interviews and based off of the way that Biden was treated in the last couple weeks, you're not implying you don't think she's competent to be the president of the United States.
Speaker 5: Right I'm seeing the media is covering for her right now the same way they covered for Biden.
Speaker 4: For three years.
Speaker 8: Don't they're covering or you think that she's just using.
Speaker 5: They're not planning hard.
Speaker 4: They're not paying this. She's using a strategy.
Speaker 5: Okay, I think she's using some.
Speaker 8: Smart how's due.
Speaker 5: That's fine, But I think it's the media's job now to cut through that strategy and say, this person very well could be the president of the United States, has at least a fifty percent chance right now, according to most forecasts, of being the next president. She deserves to be questioned not with kid gloves, but questioned with the gloves off on what exactly her policy vision is for the country. Until that happens, I think the voters are hiding in the dark, and that's what allows the machine to work, because we know she's questioned a lot on that behind closed doors, who's funding the campaigns of both parties? You know, behind closed doors, a lot of donors ask a lot of questions. That's how you raise hundreds of millions of dollars in just one month. The voting public deserves that same level of transparency. And one of the things I will you say what you will about. You know, you could criticize either side. I like that Donald Trump showed up at the Libertarian Party convention, right, that's a third party. I like that he spoke to the National Association of Black Journalists in Chicago. I'd love for Kamala Harris to show up at the National Association of Black Journalists wanted.
Speaker 11: They wouldn't let her do the virtual thing. You guys does have a day but the but the.
Speaker 4: Day job is run and come on.
Speaker 5: At this point, she is going full time running, reading off a teleprompter at the rallies, the same thing four times a day. She should show up for that interview. If Donald Trump sits sits down with the National Association of Black Journalists, I'm sorry. A scheduling excuse is not a valid reason for the for them, don't we know what a show up?
Speaker 10: Well, if Kamalin had to cut you off, I'm sorry. I kamalas is down with NABJ. We know where she's going conversation wise, right. I think it's honestly, I'm certainly true.
Speaker 4: I don't think that's true.
Speaker 5: I think that I think the person who did that interview for Donald Trump, if they had taken the same approach with respect to Kamala Harris, I think that actually be pretty good conversation.
Speaker 4: For the I want to I want to see the Vice News.
Speaker 5: I think she should across even better. Right, So one of the things I liked, I mean, Donald Trump went to the Bronx. People could say wasn't the real Bronx or whatever, But he showed up in the Bronx, he grew up in South Bronx, showed up in inner cities in the country. Even in my own campaign, I went to the South side of Chicago, went to a room full of what ninety five percent black, ninety five percent Democrat, not a traditional Republican primary location. I went to Kensington in the inner city of Philadelphia. Speaking as a former candidate myself, I could tell you those trips had an impact on me. Right, It had an impact on my view of a national unity that I believe is possible in this country that I wouldn't have had if I hadn't showed up there.
Speaker 4: So what on that be?
Speaker 10: And say you think the Republican Party will have a person of color as a presidential nominee at.
Speaker 5: Some point, I think it's entirely possible in the near future. I mean, if you look at even twenty sixteen, Ben Carson at one point led in the polls. If you look at twenty twelve, number one for a little while was Herman Kine as well, and that's twenty twelve. I think we're even different than twenty twenty four relative to twenty twelve. Frankly, even in the race that I had, I mean I was running briefly ahead of Ron DeSantis at the early parts of the debates. That put me at number two next to Donald Trump at certain points in the race. So were there some headwinds for me? You got an cultur's comment, Was that representative of a broader current?
Speaker 4: Yeah? That exists.
Speaker 5: But was that the reason why I did not succeed? Or am I going to pin the blame on that?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: I think it comes down to everybody has their own unique challenges. People have biases of all kinds. It comes in a lot of different flavors. But if you're running to lead the country, it's up to you to overcome that. Is that surmountable?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I believe it is.
Speaker 5: And do I think that at some point in our lifetime you're going to have somebody who is not a white man be the Republican nominee and successfully elected US President as Republican?
Speaker 4: I think definitely. I think likely.
Speaker 11: I think they should have made Nikki Haley the nominee issue.
Speaker 9: I disagree with that oput or as vice president, it would have been a tough a ticket to beat.
Speaker 5: I disagree with that based on ideology because she and I have deep seated different views about our appetite.
Speaker 4: To interview the different than Trump.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I have a lot of different views than Trump.
Speaker 4: You don't really like Trump's politics of the vic well, I have.
Speaker 5: I've been very clear that I don't agree with Trump one hundred percent of policies I read for president. For a year, I was very making clearly the case of where I have some slightly different policy views than Donald Trump. Hopefully that makes actually my reason for endorsing him at least credible to the people who followed me during the race to say I'm not changing my policy positions. I still don't agree with him one hundred percent of policies, but I'm voting for him nonetheless because I think he's going to grow the economy and solve the illegal mass migration crisis, which I do think is hurting this country. And I think those are the two issues that matter most to the next you know, four to eight, ten years down the line.
Speaker 9: But vake Ramaswami always a pleasure, sir, good to see guests like when you pull up. Let's just you know, keep the conversation going and see what I love it. Absolutely, It's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: The breakfast Club.
Speaker 17: Morning.
Speaker 1: Everybody's the j Envy, jess hilarious, Charlamagne the guy. We are to breakfast Club. Now, let's get suggest with the mess. Lauren la Rossa.
Speaker 22: You use is real, whether it's just hilarious Jessica, Robin Moore, just don't do no lines, don't do that.
Speaker 4: Nobody, World, Why jess World? Why mess on the breakfast Club? The coaches with Lauren Laurens.
Speaker 17: And I got the mess talk to me.
Speaker 4: I forgot to with Laura Laurels.
Speaker 8: It's cool, it's cool.
Speaker 10: So you guys know, young thug is still fighting for his life in court, the yl case. It's still very much a thing. So they returned back to court for the first time in a few months. And ya, so Wood he got back on the stand. Let's take a listen.
Speaker 8: Did you tell the tectives the work that when you met with cal at the Cat's case catering rad, he asked you to call up.
Speaker 2: Okay, so this is what happened.
Speaker 21: Okay, the police kept locking you up for whatever they could, and they keep bringing up thud name. So what I did was to get him off of me. I said thud d D thud D thug it because I knew they.
Speaker 4: Would never I knew he didn't do it.
Speaker 15: In my mind.
Speaker 21: I knew that the police would never go miss with him. So it was easy for me to try to throw the blame out on him to get them out for me. And this is what I was doing from all these years. I don't remember what I done told them in the past, but my whole motive was Thudge did it because I knew he didn't do it and they couldn't lock him up, and they keep talking about thub. So I guess I'm gonna tell him yeah, yeah, yeah, which what else you want me to tell me? Yeah he killed his first Yeah he did that. And just right now, if you tell if I go up by these stands and they say they post stop me, now, hey, man, give me something about it.
Speaker 4: I'm about to meet some up bout them again. I have no idea how this has not been declared a mistrial yet.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we've been through three judges.
Speaker 4: It's number three.
Speaker 8: Three judges discovery violations.
Speaker 4: Yeah, people lying on the stand.
Speaker 9: Longest running criminal trial in Georgia history, and every single time we watch a new episode, it gets more and more ridiculous. What do you got to understand? And said he lied on young thugs to save himself. There's nothing else to talk about. I don't see how a jury and good conscience could ever find the guilty y'all in.
Speaker 1: A private meeting. That a private meeting in the judge chambers, which is crazy.
Speaker 8: So wait, we got a second audio. Listen to this one.
Speaker 21: Y'all trying to put this on my countries, y'all trying to put people life in.
Speaker 4: My hands out of lie to people. I don't want to be here. Y'all help pushing me.
Speaker 21: I'm tired of y'all because y'all know y'all are wrong, and y'all black people doing.
Speaker 4: This to us, and I understand that leading alone. Let me leave.
Speaker 21: Man, y'all listen, I don't recognition, and I said question, I'm telling you, I don't recall.
Speaker 4: I understand, but we're gonna get through the questions. You can just continue say you don't recall. If that's what it is, you can't.
Speaker 9: Tell him what to say. When a man gets to the point where he doesn't even have no more live awful, that's.
Speaker 10: A yo, that's an annoying when you arguing with that man. I know that prosecutor was pissed. Yes, you'd be so mad when it's like he don't even got nothing else to say.
Speaker 4: But that's a prosecutor's witness.
Speaker 10: He was the star witness, and he and understand he keeps making sure his immunity is clocked in, like I can't get in trouble for this right, and then goes to say what he's saying about not having anything to do, not having nothing to do with young thug.
Speaker 4: How can any dr and good conscience ever find Thug guilty?
Speaker 8: Thug coming home?
Speaker 4: That's not with this case. I don't see how you don't come home.
Speaker 10: Thug is coming home and that first mixtape album whatever after this, Oh, Thug is gonna be the biggest thing ever, even bigger than what I mean, he.
Speaker 8: Was already big.
Speaker 10: But it's gonna be crazy to get absolutely it's up up, it's up, No allowed, so more Olympics stuff. So you guys, you know, no allows has been like the conversation of the Olympics. But there's been a little bit of a controversy around track Star. Yeah, track Star who had COVID and didn't have COVID then went to the party, but all that stuff. So last year he had actually criticized the NBA the NBA Olympic Games because they declared them like champions of the World or something like that, and he made a comment basically saying like, how a y'all going to call them champions? Specifically that invited him to something for Anthony Edwards, and he was like, I'm not going. They didn't even win, Like, how were you guys going to declare them anything? He was talking about the fact that he wanted to shoot but from Adidas at the time, and Anthony Edwards was receiving one. So this year when they won, one of the players commented on X like, okay, so are we national world champion yet? So that brought back up the controversy. So Noah Allows actually had to come out and tweet that. Last year, there was a rumor that was going around that he didn't go to Anthony edward shoe release because he didn't deserve it.
Speaker 8: He says this is not the case. He definitely deserves his shoe.
Speaker 10: An amazing player, The problem was finding time based on my prior engagements. Congratulations will be coming an Olympic champion now. When he said his comments last year, he said, when they invited him, you want me to do what you want to invite me to an event for a man who has not even been to an NBA finals in a sport that you don't even care about, and you're giving him a shoe. So I think that this is happening because he still wants that shoe, and it's just a bad look for him after everything he just went through in the Games with not getting a place he wanted in that second.
Speaker 4: Then he want a gold though you want to go and then the bron It's sad, but.
Speaker 8: There was controversy around it though.
Speaker 1: But everybody's talking about everything that, you know, all the things outside of his accomplishments. I mean, he won a gold in the Olympics, which is amazing. He won a bronze in Olympics, which is amazing. He should be focusing on his endorsements and all the sponsorship he can be getting from all this.
Speaker 9: It's interesting though, I feel like he should be able to pop as much as he want, because he won.
Speaker 11: He gotta gold in the bronze.
Speaker 4: You can talk your.
Speaker 1: Talk, Yeah, but I feel like people are talking more about the controversy stuff.
Speaker 8: Than and that was last year, that controversy said that that was, I mean that was that.
Speaker 4: Though I heard about that in the last twenty while, I knew nothing about it.
Speaker 8: Oh no, not here, you mean other places, Yeah, just in general.
Speaker 10: But I think it's because people were making him out to be the villain of the Olympics because of the whole COVID not COVID thing party things. So people were just pulling up stuff. So he trying to keep his slate clear because he wants those endorsements to come his way.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 11: I thought they were mad at him because he was in the party and he was allegedly at COVID.
Speaker 4: They were that too.
Speaker 9: There's a lot of unprotected stets going on in Paris. There's worst things being spread in COVID. All okay, okay, all right, we get there. That's just with the mess with Laura la Rosa. Thank you, Lauren.
Speaker 1: Now when we come back, we got the people's choice mates, get your requested right now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same morning. Everybody's j Envy, Jess, Hilari, Charlamagne, the gud We are the Breakfast Club. Laura la Rossa is feeling in while just is on maternity leave, and I just want to shout to everybody that I ran into in Shreveport. Had an amazing time out there, and salute to fifty cent. We brought the drive your Dreams cast you out there, and he brought a host of other things. I mean, he had Kat Williams, Andrews Shelton, and Dave Chappelle on stage.
Speaker 9: I love hearing my guy Andrew mentioned with all of those, all of those legends, because he's he's he's a legend in the making.
Speaker 4: And he killed it. People.
Speaker 1: People loved his performance. People loved all the performances. He had about thirty comedians perform. Then the next day he did a whole concert with every every artist from all older artists like Keith Sweat, I'll be sure Harmonie for a little mole so for real, to the baby toy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, skill of bit. It was so many people out there, so I just want to salute to him.
Speaker 1: Because what he did for that city and the fact that he didn't have no major sponsors, so he paid for all that himself. Like all that he paid for himself. So I just want to salute to that brother man. He ejected a lot of money into that city and that city is so happy. And there was no violence, no problems, no shootings, no stabbings, no killings, no fighting, nothing.
Speaker 4: It was just a safe, peaceful event.
Speaker 1: So salute to to fifty cent And and this weekend we're gonna do it again in New York for the Drive your Dreams cast you at the meadow Lands Expo Center in Jersey.
Speaker 4: So I just want to say salute to him.
Speaker 9: S Luthor fifth Luthor Laura LaRosa two three weeks pregnant and don't even know what your.
Speaker 8: Girl don't congratulated, No, No, who's the daddy?
Speaker 4: Say what? Shout him out?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Damn you blushing crazy?
Speaker 8: That's crazy because you're gonna mess up y'all. Don't even know what what if?
Speaker 9: I don't even know how many lady got holding saying Jersey holding New York.
Speaker 4: You're doing?
Speaker 8: Are you gonna chust this Sunday?
Speaker 9: No, that's how that's how you curve something, right, you gonna trust that's how you ended up getting pregnant going to church. You probably rekindled with him at the church in Delaware on a fine Sunday, like, oh yo, she did tell me a story about how some dude from her past was telling her how good he is in bed.
Speaker 11: Now he didn't know what he was doing back in the day.
Speaker 4: Oh no, she don't that. Last week, yeah, last week Friday, he told us that he tried to spend the block Like, now, you fell for that, Lord, No, I didn't.
Speaker 10: That's that's my cousin, now, huh what that's my cousin one time a monk's corner, that's right. Yes, I'm sure it's a lot of cousins intermingling down there as well too.
Speaker 4: I'm sure I never I did once?
Speaker 7: What you know what?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 4: Well, we didn't know was that cousin. First cousin, It was like fourth cousin. That's not true.
Speaker 8: It was one of them cousins that was at the sleepover, sleeping in the You just have no morals.
Speaker 4: It wasn't like one of those things for me. I am not small town.
Speaker 11: Though all of y'all might be cousins. Reality, you never know, No, we do know.
Speaker 8: I mean, you know who your cousins are, just.
Speaker 9: Not really you know who the first maybe the second is once you get to third, fourth, fifth, you never know?
Speaker 12: What are you?
Speaker 8: What are you? What are you saying?
Speaker 4: I'm saying you're pregnant about your cousin?
Speaker 12: You know what?
Speaker 4: When we come back positive at the club.
Speaker 1: This morning morning, everybody's DJ n V jes Hilaria Charlamage the guy we are the breakfast club. Laura La Rosa is feeling in while she's on maturnity leave. And we got a salute Sauce Walker.
Speaker 4: For joining us this morning. Salutor Sauce Walker. Man, my guy. He's got his new album out, Sauce Father two. It's out right now. Also the vek Ramaswami but Vi Gramma swam Man. Listen.
Speaker 9: You know, you don't always have to agree with the person to enjoy having conversations with them, you know. And then uh, Vec is one of those people who, man if he wasn't just so beholden to maga. He do got some cool ideas, you know, but you just don't know, you know, what ideas are his and what ideas are you know, just uh propped up, what ideas are propped up, and the things that he's saying just to appease uh maga, right, but yes he comes up here, so sluthor him all right.
Speaker 4: And I also want to.
Speaker 9: Say my back to school drive and fish fry is this Saturday from ten am one pm in Monks Corner, South Carolina, at the Berkeley High School student parking lot. You know, I got the backpacks for you, the free backpacks, the free headcuts, the free school supplies. We got a fish fry, right, so free fish. We got the Mini Mark Caribbean Grocery and cuisine. They're going to have the food truck out there providing free Jamaican foods to saluting them. Buju Bontan was at their spot last week and joined the mines. Yeah, so they'll be out there with the food trucks. Carolina Bouji was in South Carolina. I didn't believe it either until I saw the picture.
Speaker 4: I was like, why the hell with in South Carolina, Carolina? But yes, he was there.
Speaker 8: Probably got a first cousin there, as a first.
Speaker 4: Cousin might have a first cousin there.
Speaker 9: But yes, this Saturday, ten to one pull up on us Berkeley High School student parking lot.
Speaker 4: I leave. It's on a positive note. Positive note is simple.
Speaker 9: Man, your life isn't yours if you always care what others think. Have a blessed day, breakfast club.
Speaker 4: You don't finish for y'all. Done,