Speaker 1: Facing the staunchest defense of the season.
Speaker 2: Back in the mahomes, he's rushing, he's looking. It's in receptom.
Speaker 3: It's a receptem one. The contalk talk to the twenty.
Speaker 4: Five camp front side is the team to the team.
Speaker 3: And that brought talks about every birthday cook of the.
Speaker 1: Seamon who broke a field with a pick a sift down, hurts back looking, he is going deep and it is put tough down.
Speaker 5: The sil refine, re spend to ft TENSP forty six, the sil rebuild.
Speaker 6: It's over.
Speaker 5: The Philadelphia Eagles have won Super Bowl fifty nine. They have beaten the Kansas City Chiefs forty to twenty two. It's been a second super Bowl, winning seven years, won a game one season, won a team, the greatest Eagles team in modern history.
Speaker 1: Eagles fans satis.
Speaker 6: And we've choice.
Speaker 7: Welcome to fell Daily, where we're celebrating one of the best teams I've ever seen. I'm Greg Rosenthal, I'm in a I don't know what this is a carrier in the parking lot of Super Bowl fifty nine. And yes, that was Merril Reese making the calls during a forty to twenty two victory over the Chiefs that wasn't nearly as close as the final score indicated. Alongside me Jordan Rodrieg of the Athletic. Just walking through the door as I'm doing the intro is the man Nick Shook, who is joining as well, and.
Speaker 8: He is about the size of our office today.
Speaker 9: Yes, I am loving where we are. We're in a trailer. That's the word for.
Speaker 8: We're actually going to be picked up, lifted and placed gently onto shod CON's yacht.
Speaker 6: We just came.
Speaker 9: We just came from the field where we spoke with aj Brown, we spoke with Howie Roseman, we spoke with Cooper Degene. That's all going to be part of this Super Bowl recap show that I'm so excited to get into. But I want to start with you, Jordan, and think big picture about this Eagles team that didn't have to worry about one score games against Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs because they beat him down. It was thirty four to nothing entering the fourth quarter.
Speaker 6: Where do you even start with us?
Speaker 8: This defense is one of the most fun defenses I have ever watched in my entire life. Yes, I know, I've been honking and honking about Vic mfing Fangio and this group of young and old combined this front that is so ferocious, these defensive backs and these linebackers that just swarmed to the ball. It was absolutely a perfect plan executed perfectly and so dominantly that at some point, Greg and there you're on the call in the UK and I'm sitting there looking around at Eric, the producer who's just done an awesome job with us all week, sitting behind the proverbial glass right now. I look over at Eric and I'm like, the Chiefs have twenty three freaking night yards right now we're late. What the hell like this? It was absolutely a beautiful, like I say, I'll say it, exquisite defensive performance. I had so much fun watching this game, even though it was a blowout.
Speaker 9: We went into halftime and it was twenty four to nothing, and at that point I thought the Egos offense playing okay. Like I would say, they would look at it like they would have some things to work on, but they did some good things.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 9: It was like a B minus B first half. Saquon Rely wasn't get anything done. Jalen Hurts threw a panicked interception, they took advantage of a couple turnovers, but they went into halftime probably thinking we have some things to work on, and they were up twenty four points and the Super Bowl against Patrick Mahomes, this is the most until those garbage time touchdowns, This would have been by far the biggest loss of Patrick Mahomes' career in any game, regular season or playoffs by scoring and still at eighteen points, it was like second place all time. They were up thirty four to nothing, as they said, because Nick Ittt was as dominant a first half of defensive football between the pass rush and the coverage and all the groups working as one, and just the ferocity that I've ever seen. And you can't tell me that blowouts can't be entertaining. I know it's not as great as like the Chiefs Eagles from two years ago, but you can't tell me that those first thirty minutes of football, especially where some of the most thirty exhilarating minutes have ever seen in the Super Bowl, because it was just pure dominance and it was shocked, at least for me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that the Chiefs would get beat down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, if you appreciate defense, then you love this game. And everybody should appreciate the defense, by the way, Yeah, because this is the type of performance that's going to live on for years because of how dominant they were. I keep going back to that one stat, thirty eight point one percent pressure rate on Patrick Mahomes zero blitzes the entire game. That's how good this defense was with their front four. How crazy is that? But really the tone was set on the second play of the game. They get the first down with a very well designed little fake orbit motion out there. He hits juju over there for a game of eleven. Next play worthy in the flat Cooper Degene Yeah, tracks him down and I'm like, they're flying around the ball, and then the pressure starts to get after him, and you realize they're only doing this before everybody else is in coverage. And then there became a point where I looked at my homes and I see him throw this interception to the Gene that ends up being returned for a touchdown. And I go back and watch look at the dots and I'm like, they're just in quartershells. Like the whole game, they're just in quartershells, and he has no way to solve any of this.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they played Vic Fangio's famous and comes alive with players of this caliber but famous umbrella defense, right. And I love that play by Cooper Dejen because that was the moment where the Chiefs I think pooped their pants a little bit because and the reason why I say that is because their plan clearly was to do the exact thing that you do if you want to beat this defense, if you want to score on this defense, which is pick and pick and pick and pick away from it. And if you do that against the Eagles, the Eagles will ask their players to come down and match tighter out of that zone shell that they play, and to come down and tackle hard in the flat and fly to the ball and do not let anyone get behind you, whether it is an explosive passing play or it is a catch and run that breaks into the third level. That is exactly the tone that Cooper Dejen set, and every single player along that defensive front, in the middle and in the back followed suit and absolutely played like they were just flying to the ball every single snap.
Speaker 6: Everybody gets a moment. That was the theme of this game.
Speaker 9: Avonte Maddox, he got a moment, Josh weat a couple sacks. He got more than one moment. Jlyx Hunt had a big first half in this game. He had a moment and watching it in person, we're so lucky to be able to do so. Had nice seats there in the right right at.
Speaker 8: The fifty man and I kept waving to Nick. We were all on the fifty ish and we kept.
Speaker 9: And seeing how they passed off the receivers. It's such a subtle thing that I don't understand all the intricacies of, but you know what when you see it. And there were so many times in that game that Mahomes actually had a lot of time. The average time to sack wasn't that low. It was actually quite high, and it felt like they were getting quick pressure and they were winning, but it wasn't a lot of like quick like easy wins where they don't get touched. A couple of those happened, and it happened as the game wore on. But he's just holding and he's waiting and there aren't guys open, and the couple times they were and on the interceptions, Patrick Mahomes did something I've almost never seen him do at the NFL level, not like he's a perfect person or a perfect football player, like he panicked he did not play well in this game. He knew his guys were losing up front, and it reminded me of a couple moments during the regular season where he lost a lot of faith not only in his receivers but in his offensive line. Remind me a little bit of that Browns game, which was one of the worst Patrick Mahomes game I've ever seen, and it was just pure domination against the team that was on the precipice of history. And instead we're going to be remembering this Eagles defense and really really the whole team, because you have to give the offense a lot of credit too, as one of the best teams I've ever seen. I know they have three losses in the end, but we can go through each one of those losses other than that Bucks game, like this was a wagon and I feel good that NFL Daily picked them to win.
Speaker 8: And it's It was interesting to set the scene for the listener because some of this probably wasn't as clear on the broadcast as it was in the stands. You knew with like an hour and a half if not more before kickoff that this was an Eagles crowd all the way through. And I liked this Super Bowl because I really liked how invested the fans were in it. There was a fan split. It wasn't like sort of, hey, we're going to go because we have corporate seats and you know there's teams playing. This was super passionate, loud, and I think that this was one of the most actually most hostile environments the Chiefs have played in this year. Eric and I, Eric's Bills fan. We were talking about maybe the Bills game on the road, maybe Baltimore. This is this was so hostile. They were booing the Chiefs cheerleaders during the two minute break and cheering for the Eagles cheer I mean, it was merciless. Anybody could get it, much like the defense on the field. Anybody could get it, and they did.
Speaker 9: It reminded me so much of the first Eagles title, which I would say till this point was the most one sided crowd I'd ever been at for a Super Bowl. That they were ravenous. It was kind of a similar spot where the team fans the Patriots at that point were a little spoiled, don't show up as much. I mean, we did not see a lot of Chiefs fans around although they were in the staateum, we did not see them around the city, and that the Eagles were raven and it created an atmosphere that was absolutely awesome. We got cranked up before the game with all the New Orleans. I'm like, I almost didn't almost didn't need a game after that. We'll get out too all of that parts of the game. But the way that they came out energy wise, to me was it's like hard to define, but you mentioned that pressure rate. It was over fifty percent. Yeah until the third quarter when they start tacking on again. Two touchdowns in the last three minutes makes it look a lot closer than it really was. But just just a ridiculous performance from every level of a defense where you really couldn't find any weakness.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was gonna insert it in what we learned, and I just saw it drop late in the moments, but I was like, hey, this was the highest pressure rate since that Cleveland game, and it looked like it because he just had no time to throw. I also thought that, you know, talking about energy and the tone and everything there. When there was a pass interference called offensiveassing interference on aj Brown, Nick Sirianni lost his mind on the sideline, and then as soon as they get a stop after that he loses his mind again. They end up in the end zone just showing shots of him. I'm watching run up and down the sideline. He's got the jaw, you know, all the way open, just bellowing into the you know, the the air. Not this guy, because it's an indoor stadium, and it was just it was a sight. Just you could tell they came there on a mission and they did not want to repeat what happened.
Speaker 6: Two years ago.
Speaker 8: What I loved about the way that they set that tone defensively with their pressure. We talked about it. They rushed only for all game they had if they I mean I haven't checked the final number, but through most of the game they had not sent one blitz.
Speaker 9: And although they confused me, I have to admit on the call, I'm learning, you know, you know, how to do a call.
Speaker 6: It was on top sport.
Speaker 9: It was beautiful and I thought more than once that they did blitz, but no, it's Zach Bond and it's the it's the illusion.
Speaker 8: Of the Yeah and Sims, those Sims and those creepers that actually aren't, and it's just it's fascinating because he does that. He wants to drop everybody and get home with four. And what I really liked that they did was they didn't immediately come out and try to bring Patrick Mahomes to the ground, because what they wanted to do was assert with their back end as well as their front And when you are basically getting pressure on the quarterback on that initial wave, that initial pass rush, you're also trusting your defensive back. She want them to come down, like crash into that air space and cover as sticky as possible, and they can't really do that if they're working, if they're worried about the quarterback breaking contain, extending a play out of structure and then hitting a throw downfield. What they was very clear that they were actually trying to do is just disrupt him. They weren't trying to bring him to the ground every single time. They weren't trying to be outside themselves and individually get their stats up and make the plays that came as the game continued. But it was so interesting because they were clearly trying to balance that Russian coverage to disrupt Mahomes enough less so just take them totally out, you know, and take them totally to the ground, so that those DB's could come down and crash versus floating back a little bit to make sure that the ball didn't eventually end up.
Speaker 2: I mean they fried his brain. Yeah, playing in zempo. By the second quarter, he was skittish, he was panicked. He didn't trust his offensive line. But another moment, I think exact allies exactly what you were saying third down on that same opening series they had offensively, they run Cover one and they put Cooper Degene on the inside on Kelsey. They're in a little bit of a stack formation here, and I'm thinking, all right, Kelsey's gonna be open over the middle. That's where he's gonna look. That's immediately gone off the pre snapple. But they also do is in Cover one, they bring down red blanken ship and he takes it with the middlefield that maybe Mahomes could throw to. And then once that was gone, he had nowhere to go. And then Jalen Carter's after him, and the rush is there and he's spinning around and he's throwing a prey that almost gets intercepted. And it was in that moment right there, I was like, Oh, this defense showed up.
Speaker 9: I think mentioning Kelsey is spot on there because he had a nightmare game in the first half of this game alone, they're not on the same page. Mahomes throws it behind him, helps the end to drive another one where a ball kind of goes near his feet. I don't know if you call it a drop or not, but Mahomes.
Speaker 6: Is a little skittich. Travis Kelcey also.
Speaker 9: Runs into Kareem Hunt and helps to ruin a second down run. And then there was one play where Kelsey was clearly the primary receiver.
Speaker 6: He's covered pretty quickly. It looks like it's man.
Speaker 9: I don't know if like they confused him, it's actually zone, but they passed them off really well. Mahomes at the beginning to the play looks at Kelsey and at the end of the play looks at Kelsey and neither time he's open. And you saw this this like kind of ghostly look on Travis Kelcey's face on the broadcast.
Speaker 6: That we're watching in a green room.
Speaker 9: In the fourth quarter, we try it, We go down to get into position, and during that fourth quarter, Marshawn Lynch is down there and Marshawn Lynch is just I forget, I forget what he said exactly. Do you remember what it was. I believe it was something to the effect of like, oh, they whoop in their ass, and then he essentially says, this is just like our super Bowl and that's the that's the moment, and that's the game that this reminds me of more than anything. Let's back it up to that first quarter that you mentioned, so that the Chiefs get one first down the first time it ends up being a first down that they sit on for basically the rest.
Speaker 6: Of the first half.
Speaker 9: That their first thirteen passing plays they had eleven yards. Their first seventeen plays overall, they have twenty seven yards. As you guys mentioned that the Eagles get it back, they're moving the ball. The drive ends on that path interference that the next drive that the Eagles have the ball, they hit a play. It's Jalen Hurts for the second time in the game, trusting what he sees, trusting himself. I love that throw he made to aj Brown on the fourth down, even though the penalty happened, it was beautiful. He saw the one on one he saw the mismatch aj Brown even on Trent McDuffie is a mismatch and he just threw it. He was decisive, a decisive Jalen Hurts is a great Jalen Hurts and he was just as decisive on his throat to Johan Dotson.
Speaker 6: Huts in the gun this time it's gonna be.
Speaker 9: Second on eleven from the twenty eight yard line.
Speaker 6: Huts holding from the three receivers right, one receiver left his eye. J Brown bop.
Speaker 2: He sties in, picks.
Speaker 3: Up a big piss pick up, pulls down the.
Speaker 2: Rosie I'm not with you, and Athos touchdown. Jules Priam down that right hand.
Speaker 5: Side to the former rushington received though sacrum ball and picking up the blitz left in mountn couples down the fields.
Speaker 3: Don't just be his mount on the outside.
Speaker 10: What a simple folk to open the school room first big blitz that Spagnomo sends.
Speaker 2: Saquon is ready for it. Jalen Hurts is ready.
Speaker 3: For it and have about to han tots and.
Speaker 6: One on one coverage.
Speaker 9: We haven't seen him make a big play in months, and if he gets the first touchdown for the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: He was saving it for you, Greg, Greg.
Speaker 9: With Will Gavin and jeff Riinvold and myself on Talk Sports and great touchdown call by Will Gavin.
Speaker 6: Unfortunately it wasn't a touchdown.
Speaker 8: I just love that. I love that moment for you, though. I also there there's another layer to this that I love, Greg, and it's you were right because you said if Jalen Hurt starts to trust what he sees on the perimeter, especially when they start to send pressure and he just lets it rip down either sideline because he went back to aj Brown going the other direction on a similar play that was completed way later in the game. But he kept trusting his receivers and that is something that on the converse, the Chiefs could not do.
Speaker 2: They also could get whatever they wanted outside the numbers. That was very quickly. And so when that specific play happened, I go back and watch the dots again and I'm like, why would you press him with inside leverage and let him get free defender's feet freeze. Greg ends up with a great touchdown call, even if it wasn't a touchdown. Well, everybody wins.
Speaker 9: That that is the only Talk Sport call we're gonna hear tonight. We're gonna hear from the home broadcasters. But that was really fun to do the first half of that game with Talk Sport, and you get so locked in on like a play to play basis when you're doing that. And that's why at the time when Jalen Hurts throws the interception where he panics a little bit, yeah, like I guess you could say he was trusting his receiver in that moment, but that was the blitz that from Nick Bolton where he did win right away over Cam Jurgen's immediate pressure and Hurts just kind of throws it blind, hoping. I think that was DeVonta Smith. That was the intended receiver there. Brown was just gonna make a play there, And that was a moment where it's only seven to nothing at that point. They end up even you know, settling for a field goal on another good drive where they decide not to go for it un fourth down, which I thought was a good decision at the time. But when Hurtz throws that here, because we're so used to seeing the Chiefs over the years, you're like, oh, they're not they're not taking advantage enough.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And all I.
Speaker 9: Can think about as we're kind of going through these plays. Is the game plan was to make Jalen Hurts beat you for the second straight time in the Super Bowl, and Steve Spagnola got a lot of love over the last couple of weeks, and he deserved it. But they did stop Saquon Barkley twenty five carries, fifty seven yards on the ground, two point three yards per carry, and Jalen freaking Hurts Super Bowl MVP played outstanding for a second straight Super Bowl, a second straight game in these playoffs. This man did not make QB Island, but he's on top of the NFL run.
Speaker 8: He has his own, i think personal status because of how he plays in these Super Bowls. I mean this is twice now that he has just played at an absolutely outstanding level, to the point where I even have it written in my notes, like I marked down obviously the interception, but I put in parentheses next to it. Interceptions kind of a wash because he was seeing the game really well. He was picking up yards on the ground, he was running up the middle. He wasn't just using the flats and the outside runs to pick up those conversions. He was running up the middle. They ran a couple of draws for him. They tried to disguise a couple of things using the pistol formation, which I love to see. And it was so interesting because he just seemed quite the contrary to Patrick Mahomes. He that Jalen Hurts was in total control that entire game.
Speaker 2: In this game setting especially, It's funny because if you look at it, at least in the first half, felt a lot like a twenty twenty four Patrick Mahomes game because he wasn't making mistakes, he was converting, he was doing what the offense asked him to do. And then he opened it up in the second half. He hits the long pass to DeVonta Smith to ice it. He hits passes down the sideline and that's when you realize, oh, this guy's gonna win MVP and they're cruising to a victory. I think it speaks to the fact that they were able to tune out the noise. You know, they've gotten plenty of criticism. People have doubted him not to go down that line, but they have. People don't get excited about him, and yet he's walking away a champion by commanding this offense in a day when everybody, the player that everybody wanted to see, Sakwan Barkley struggled to get going.
Speaker 9: Now, the reality is they didn't need to have long drive no in this game, but including that interception, they had a nine drive stretch where they scored seven times. It's like in the Super Bowl against this Chiefs defense. That's just outrageous. Nick, you mentioned the DeVante Smith touchdown in the second half the game already felt over, But man, this this felt kind of like the moment that the entire stadium and the Eagles sideline could just start celebrating a.
Speaker 1: School for h Hurts of the gun trailed by Barclay Hurts back looking he is going deep and it.
Speaker 6: Is down.
Speaker 2: The Swimmer fun.
Speaker 1: Spot show the Swim Report.
Speaker 8: And he did the scybe. Did you see a celebration he did like the Grim Reaper Sybe.
Speaker 9: I love that that every single one of these wide receivers like got to have their moment during the game. Aj Brown had that touchdown uh in the first half, that that made it twenty four to nothing after the second Mahomes interception, that the great play by Zach Bond. I mean, there's so many great is to go through but that was kind of another moment where it felt like, Okay, the score is now catching up with everything we're seeing.
Speaker 8: I mean, I will even go back even further like that sequence. It was three plays, three consecutive plays in I believe it was the second quarter. It was sack, sack on Patrick Mahomes for a loss, sack on Patrick Mahomes for a loss, and then Cooper dejen obviously at that point, picks off Patrick Mahomes and runs it back for a touchdown. At that point, you started to really feel that stadium realize what was about to happen and what this defense was there to do. And I think it made for a great moment too.
Speaker 1: Mahomes in the gun on first down, play action based.
Speaker 5: Around on by sackuck An, come on, Juck, let.
Speaker 2: It telling off to edge second and fourteen.
Speaker 1: Mahome back again, he's looking bunn right, let's tell.
Speaker 9: You over Huk And yeah, that was followed up, as you mentioned by the Cooper Dejine interception, and it's it's pretty rare that you're seeing an all time defense just start to stamp themselves in real time. I keep thinking about that Seahawks win over the Broncos, And there were moments in that game just like that, and that was the sequence for this team and Nick.
Speaker 8: It was so cool. I want to hear more about what you saw from just the different things that they were running with just a simple four man pressure and simple, I say, hilariously, it wasn't. But there were certain moments where on Chiefs possessions, including that one where three different Eagles players sacked Patrick Mahomes. Like Greg said at the top, everybody could get a piece of the action, and there were two separate possessions and one was a split sack in the first in the second quarter. But when Patrick Mahomes was sacked multiple times in a possession, it was always different players who were doing it. Milton Williams, Yes, some might say the Ric Shook of the Philadelphia Eagles was getting multiple sacks and had a great game today.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The Sweat sack specifically was a tight end slip where Kelsey was trying to get out for a quick screen and the ball never got there because Sweat was in mahomes lap before he knew it. The next play, it's just chaos. It's just guys beating the offensive linemen in one on ones and swarming on him. And then that's exactly what influence is the pick and that sequence right there is what I think, like you said, told everybody, oh, we're in for something that we haven't seen in a long time. The pick six itself was a product of again Mahomes being uncomfortable. He'd just been sacked twice. He rolls out to the right, he sees a tiny window where I think it was DeAndre Hopkins. He tried to throw too, it was never there. It gets picked off, and as soon as Dejane gets into the end zone, I just sat back and went wow, Like my mouth was just a gape. Wow, Like this is gonna go this way.
Speaker 6: Like this is actually happening.
Speaker 9: Yeah, because until that three play sections when what we're talking about, the Eagles were up ten to nothing and they were dominating that game. They hit the Jake Elliot field goal with about eight and a half minutes to go in the second quarter. Seven minutes later they're up twenty four to nothing. You know, two minutes later they have that touchdown, and that aj Brown play to me.
Speaker 6: Was so cool.
Speaker 9: It it was schemed up to the point that like, of course, who was it was? It Bolton trailing after him, has absolutely no chance to make that. But to me, it was the culmination of one of the all time great receivers that I've covered over the last twenty years, a guy that I think will be in the Hall of Fame someday, and a guy that changed this organization when they somehow got him from Tennessee. We had a chance to talk with AJ Brown on the field afterwards. Let's listen to Jordan and myself with Aj here. With AJ Brown, you arrived in Philadelphia, helped change this organization. You've won all pros, You've done everything individually. What is talk about your journey to get to this moment as a Super Bowl champ.
Speaker 11: I'll be all day if I talk about my journey, you know, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean it's truly a blessing.
Speaker 11: A lot of hardwork, a lot of hard work, a lot of lone nights, early mornings, uh man, a lot of sacrifices and and only for this moment right here.
Speaker 2: And it's so surreal.
Speaker 8: Aj, your face is saying one million words right now. Can you just describe everything you're feeling for us? And I mean it's just crossing over your face and flashes and waves. It's amazing to watch.
Speaker 11: I'm excited. I love doing these interviews, but I really want to go and celebrate.
Speaker 2: Amaze who my teammates.
Speaker 11: I'm arrested to go celebrate with them in the locker room.
Speaker 6: Go do it, Go do it.
Speaker 8: We're so happy for you can. Ye AT's yeah. AKA when me and Aj Brown almost cried together on the field because when people tear up, I also tear up. So he was extremely emotional. Go watch this on video on YouTube because you can see our camera guy Jay. He did an amazing job following us as we kind of moved around, players were coming in and out, and it was so emotional. A million different thoughts flashed across his face as he was talking to us, and I loved that moment with him because he was like, I gotta go cry with my teammates now, basically right.
Speaker 9: That was a great job by our bucking crew and including Matt Schneider because Aj was ready to not be talking, but also was absolutely appreciating this moment. And that's what is so cool about this Super Bowl. We'll hear from Cooper de Gene him talking about his interception to him, it's it's one thing like he'll look back on this and realize all that he didn't know. But for guys like a Brandon Graham who's been here a couple times before, and we'll also hear from a guy like AJ Brown who's achieved everything you can on an individual level. Like it's such a great story for all these individual players, and yet the Eagles nick are just sort of like this. It's weird that they feel like a super team even though I know they weren't favored in this game. Of course, in hindsight, that teem's crazy. And once again, I'm thinking about that that Seahawks game, because they weren't favored in that game either. They were very slight underdogs. I did find the Marshawn Lynch quote we strive for accuracy.
Speaker 6: Here on NFL Daily.
Speaker 9: Marshawn Lynch said, they're beating the brakes off them, just like just like we did back in that Super Bowl against against the BRONCX.
Speaker 2: Yeah. This team, I think is a perfect example of veteran leadership and young talent drafted strategically to phil needs, coalescing at the perfect time and coming together. And I think that they also had to They talked about this all week. We have to you know, wash the stink of twenty twenty three off of us. They didn't say that, they said they were grateful for going through that, but that's what it felt like from the outside. Everybody, you know, kind of downplays their their potential because of what had happened last year, without paying attention to the fact that since Week seven they've been the best defense in the NFL in my opinion, in many other opinions. And I think we all learned, you know, the say you won't learn today. Everybody learned today about how good these Eagles are and where they could have said they have some free agents coming up. But Howie Rosmen, he's the best gym in football.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm glad you brought Howie Roseman up because we also had a chance to talk with him Greg and we asked him about that exact thing. It's been so cool to watch this team sort of expresses selfly grow up together, even the old guys coming like going to meet the young guys as they sort of started hitting this climb in their rookie careers. And I, you know, I was excited that we got to talk to Howie after the game because we asked him exactly that how did he build this roster to meet have these guys all meet each other in this moment at various points of their careers.
Speaker 9: All right here with Howie Roseman, the general manager of the Super Bowl champions. You you had you you have a job that is always looking ahead.
Speaker 3: How does it.
Speaker 9: Feel in this moment to just enjoy what you've accomplished.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we have a special group of people, you know, until you celebrate, a special group of people, really proud of them.
Speaker 3: Can't wait to celebrate all night with him?
Speaker 12: Holly, you rebuilt this team so class to be in contention so quickly, a combination of brilliant, youthful players and that energy and some really savvy veterans.
Speaker 8: What was your strategy and how did you connect everybody?
Speaker 10: Yeah? I think you know, obviously we have an opportunity to come here and ten twenty two you finish, and I think, uh, you know, we're just one of the big players that maybe who were trying to do all that'sive defensively, because when you want to work guys who are tremendous character and that tremendous style.
Speaker 6: Who else the sorry about that? Who? Who?
Speaker 9: Who are the some of the players that that you're most happy for in their stories of you bringing them to the organization.
Speaker 2: I mean everyone's got a story, you.
Speaker 10: Know, like when you talk about guys overcoming university and you know Brandon Grant come back and playing in my first draft pick fifteen years ago, playing in Super Bowl, two time world champ, Isaiah Rodgers out of football for a year. You know, there's there's so many I could go on and on, and uh, you know, our head coach, our head coach in Tremendo, very proud of her.
Speaker 8: Thanks Sirianni.
Speaker 12: It's has been an emotional leader in so many ways for this team, but as a collective as well, with those assistants, everyone seems to mesh so long. You're hiring strategy and balancing that just as an important as you're rustleboge.
Speaker 3: You no doubt you won't pick people out out the field. And I think we have to try to sleep.
Speaker 10: And you know, we took a picture yesterday. It was a gas scalt who was performance and trainers and putting everyone in football off.
Speaker 9: You got congratulations, go and join it. Thank you, Thank shout out to Howie Roseman putting me in my place for not having the proper energy really to start that good lesson. I'm just watching everyone's on the field. He seems so chill and matter of fact and like business like. Uh that he was absolutely right, like you got to crank up, you got to meet them at their level, and and just a masterful job by him and everyone that works under him. This is an organization where I do think the credit kind of funnels one way to Howie Roseman, and that's fair. He's he is really the most important person in the organization. I would say, if if you have to pick one at you know, outside of out of their quarterback, I guess because because he's the quarterback. But that staff that he has on the pro personnel side, his assistant GM Alec Hallaby, who's been next to him for all of these years and helped build up that team, like the the process that they really had since they took over for Chip Kelly when how he basically got back in power, and how consistent they are. We were talking about the same exact points when we were recapping their Super Bowl win against the Patriots, which is they're going to build on the lines, They're going to invest draft picks and money and then more money and more draft picks, and it's gonna be every single offseason they're gonna look at every possible route to improve their team. So obviously they've done well drafting lately, but they always are getting extra picks, and then they've done a great job in the trade market. Johan Dotson was a trade that was criticized for about six straight.
Speaker 6: Months, and it came in handy.
Speaker 9: I was wrong that was not the first big play that he made, because he made another one in the playoffs, and it's come up big in the playoffs for them, and then you know pickups obviously like Zach Bond. So just a great story in terms of team building. We'll talk even more about the Eagles, and of course the disappointment of this Chiefs team so close to history and now they're just starting at the bottom, just like your Bills. Eric back on NFL Daily, I was gonna say, I'm gonna miss that song coming back from break.
Speaker 2: But what's miss We'll be back.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you're gonna see it like tomorrow, just like.
Speaker 9: I guess this wasn't like a game specific the shows to do. We will be here on NFL Daily, maybe not tomorrow. We've got a late We've got to.
Speaker 2: In my feeling graduation.
Speaker 9: I want to talk about the coaching staff for the Eagles a little bit. What a journey we've been on with Nick Sirianni, seeing him celebrate on the field, seeing him hold up the Italian flag with dom while well, Eagles fans are like, you had it all the.
Speaker 6: Way, Nick, we love you, Nick.
Speaker 8: They yelled at.
Speaker 2: Him, like, I know we wanted to get fired lest year.
Speaker 6: Nick.
Speaker 9: I also want to know who are these fans that that get on the field. They must be like family members or friends of friends. I don't know, but he was loving it. It was a scene and I just was thinking, Nick, if if Nick Sirianni was feeling himself before, just wait until now. This morning started with Adam Schefter throwing a report out, how hey, by the way, Nick Sirianni's due for a raise, and if they win this game, Oh, how that happened? Ben Johnson, you know, just reset the coaching market. And Nick Sirianni has now won the second most amount of games in the history of the NFL in his first four seasons. If you can guess who's number one, Nick, I will give you fifty dollars.
Speaker 2: Can I get a hint of era?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 8: Can I guess?
Speaker 6: No? Why because the graphic and you were next to me.
Speaker 2: So you might have seen him as a first time head.
Speaker 9: Coach, all time first four years of his career. Yeah, I mean we got to make a fast Sean. No, no, it was George Seaffert.
Speaker 2: That would have been oh you know what, that's that doesn't count. He showed up to an already.
Speaker 9: Let's give Sirianni some some pop for it for leading this team, and also again for Howie Roseman for keeping Sirianni at a time when a lot of team people did not think they should keep him. They kept him, but they got rid of his coordinators and they picked his coordinators for him.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, it was. It was a perfect combination of Look, we realized that we didn't do well with our staff, that the dysfunction that we had on the defensive side. We had Sean Desaia's defensive coordinator. Then it was Matt Patricia. Nobody really knew what was going on. Let's replace those guys. Let's go get Vic Fangio, who started his career as a coach in Philadelphia and he wants to come back because Miami doesn't want it for some reason, and he's capable of coaching these young guys that we've stocked our defensive room up with, and then they just put it all into plan. And what they did that was probably most important was after Nick survived, because that press conference that they had where they announced that he was coming back, nobody really knew going into that day. Jeff Leurie was there, how he was there very tense from today, yes, exactly. So to consider where they were essentially at this time last year to now is an incredible journey that has so much to do with the right decisions that they had made in tough times and assembling a hell of a roster.
Speaker 6: Let's listen to Nick on the podium.
Speaker 10: Your coordinators, I thought both offensive and defensive Fango and then Kellen Moore were outstanding today.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Vic's been a great coordinator in this league for decades and he was awesome today. Kellen, you know, let's run this let's run this back, Let's run this back.
Speaker 8: I love that I gave Kellen Moore hell over the last several weeks because it's just some of the tendencies that he would fall into. I thought he called a great game tonight, I really did. It was classic, classic that it was in the Superdome where he may well be coaching as a head coach like as of Tuesday, but it is I I know, I'm like the Vic Fangio obsessive, right, I get.
Speaker 2: That, like you just like defensive coordinators like it.
Speaker 8: Just I love everything he did this season. He didn't want to be in Miami. He came back to the place that called to him, where he had consulted before that he really wanted to be. But what I really like about what Vic did as well, and what Nick Sirianni did, and what they all did as a collective, they brought him really good people as assistants to Clint Hurt, that defensive line coach. What an absolute masterpiece he put together tonight, and with that defensive front and with that rush plan. Christian Parker and Joe Casper are my age. I am thirty three years old. They are the defensive backs coaches for this team, and they are responsible for not only bringing this mix of veteran players and rookies up to speed in an extremely complicated and tendency oriented defense, but they also reach players in ways that Vic Fangio has admitted sometimes he cannot, And so I think that it was an extremely thoughtful, meticulous, and balanced staff that the Eagles did put together this year, and it kind of resembles their team in a way. You mentioned their front office, Greg, you know, Jeff Scott came over from the Commanders. He's a veteran. He's a veteran, he's one of their executives. Brandon Hunt is one of their executives. Charles Walls scouting director. You know Amina who has been made waves as you know for her work as in the scouting departments and analytics. It is a mixture of young people and older people and veterans, just like their coaching staff that I just mentioned, just like their roster. And I think that's maybe the secret sauce everything worked because everyone could point Spider Man meme style at another phase of this building and say, hey, I recognize that that works. This works. That works. We're all kind of functioning of the same ethos right now.
Speaker 9: Yeah, the group contributing in working as a team was so obvious on the field tonight. You think about the secondary and we'll get to Cooper de Jeine's comments in just a second, and then you think about the pass rush. I'm counting the quarterback pressures. Six different players had three at least three pressures in this game. Four had at least four. Josh Wett leads the way, but who is it but Milton Williams that gets the brand Graham like sack the force, fumble on Mahomes, Patrick Mahomes with three turnovers in this game. A Jomo had four pressures in this game. Moro, a Jomo who had a lot of early playing time that was Vic actually going off tendency for most of the year. He was really playing those four up front, and that's how he started this game out. But then it was a lot of a Jomo and a lot of Jlex Hunt, who he trusted more in the NFC Championship than he had in any other game this season. Nolan Smith using that speed to power despite not being the biggest guy in the world. Really everyone on the Chiefs offensive line got worked tonight at some point, but Joe Toney especially got a lot of work, and Jalen Carter actually only had two Like he was not one of those people with all the pressures, but he did push the pocket quite a bit. He was drawing a ton of double teams. He drew a holding, which I believe should be a stat And so that sort of teamwork was so emblematic of this defense. Let's actually hear from Cooper. It is Gene who's just had a magical run here as a rookie, and we talked to him a little bit about what it meant to him to share this title with some of the veterans on his team. Here with Cooper de jene the author of a ridiculous rookie season and of a pick six in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 6: Can you walk us through that play a little bit for you?
Speaker 4: I think, I mean, it's just our defense working together like we have all year, you know, falling back right into the right spot through the right to me, sorry, I was just eeeting cake birthday cake now, but then got got some blocks, was able to get in the end zone. It's amazing, Cooper.
Speaker 8: A couple of your teammates told us that they felt in that moment, the back to back sacks right and then your pick six, it was a total shift. The game was yours at that point. What did you feel from them? How did you guys rally around each other after that there's a.
Speaker 4: Lot of energy, you know, a lot of energy.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: I think, you know, I think it helped us, you know, keep the momentum going even even more, you know, but we knew we had to finish. We had to finish the job. You know. It wasn't over right there and halftime. You know, we're just talking about, you know, finishing the job, going all the way, all the way till it hit zeros. That's what we did.
Speaker 9: Before we send you off into this New Orleans night. Tell me a little bit about your DB's room and what it means to you know, send Darius Slay out into the night as a Super Bowl change.
Speaker 2: It's awesome.
Speaker 4: It's awesome, you know what what he's given to me and Q and all those older guys, what they've done for us, and the coaches too, just they just poured into us ever since we got there. So I'm just happy, you know that they get to enjoy this as well.
Speaker 8: And by the way, Cooper, first team All Pro of NFL Daily on Network our show, we really enjoyed watching you play.
Speaker 10: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 6: I appreciate it.
Speaker 9: Just a bunch of bald hoers, just a delightful young man. Cooper Degene and yeah, it could be the last game for for Darius.
Speaker 6: And uh, he.
Speaker 8: Was having so much fun postgame on the field. I love watching that. I mean, he has more fun than I think anybody all the time.
Speaker 9: So he also Cooper to Dejene, like made it sound so easy the play that he made, and it was like that was not an easy play.
Speaker 6: He's like, I just I just read it.
Speaker 8: It was the super Bowl.
Speaker 9: Cooper also like he laid back and he knew Mahomes did didn't see him there. That was a very instinctual play for him to be able to cover, like he didn't tackle in the open field on the slot and then also to actually score the touchdown. Both that and the Zach Bond interception, it's like, yeah, you can be in position, but you have to actually make the plays. And that interception by Bond after the one by Dejene kind of made it go from like, oh, this is really going bad if you're a Chiefs fan too. Oh my god, Patrick Mahomes is melting down, and the Eagles have the dudes to take advantage. Let's talk a little bit about the Chiefs because they have to be stunned. I know, the final score is forty to twenty two, and I actually respect that they're playing hard in the fourth quarter and they get those touchdowns. That's what you should do. It was thirty four to nothing. This is Mahomes Like. We've never seen a Super Bowl or even a game like this from the Chiefs. Like literally, in the entire Mahomes era, there has not been one single game.
Speaker 6: Like this where they just had the doors blown.
Speaker 9: Off, Like forget a super Bowl like this never happened to the Tom Brady Patriots. And I really think about Brady, who was pretty eloquent act. Actually I'll actually him in the pregame show talking about how painful those Super Bowl losses are. And as you get older, you start to realize how long that they're going to stick with you. And I do wonder if the weight of it got to them at all. Finally, because they did not play, they did not respond well after it was not going well, and the two guys that often step up the most in these moments had two of the worst first halfs I've ever seen, Travis kelce and Patrick Ohon.
Speaker 8: Travis Kelcey did not have a catch, he had two Dropsish I guess I'll go in the advanced steps one that way. But he did not have his first catch until the third quarter, pretty late in the third quarter. And Patrick Mahomes through the two interceptions, took three sacks, faced a forty three percent pressure rate with no blitzes, took seven hits, was zero for six on third down, had one first down, twenty three total yards on twenty plays, and only thirty three yards passing, and like a ten point seven passer rating at the half. And it was stunning to watch. And I'll go back to what I said at at the start, because we were all there, we all felt this tone that this game took immediately, even before anyone took the field. The Chiefs came out and played like they felt the hostility of the crowd pressing down on them. Really, I do think that the crowd and that energy and like the tone that it's set early, they manifested all of that immediately. That is what it looked like, is exactly what that crowd sounded like today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you're in that environment, you do one of two things. You feed into it and you feed off of it, and you're like, all right, let's go. I can think about Jared versus Philly during the divisional round, right, or you let it get to you and you let that wear on you and then and sometimes it shocks you so much that you don't know how to react. They got the doors blown off of them and punched in the mouth by the Eagles on the field too, So you combine the two things and suddenly they're like, WHOA, what's going on here? We didn't expect this. We're the two time defending champions. We know what we do, and yet nothing they tried to do work.
Speaker 8: And I think it shows too, Greg, and I want to hear more from you on this is when your best player, in one of the best quarterbacks we've ever seen, if not the best quarterback we've ever seen, play football, when he's not just not at his best, but when he is at one of his worst performances that we've seen from him. It really shows the flaws and the weaknesses I think in the rest of that group and the rest of that offense.
Speaker 9: It's true that they're not a one man team, no, but they aren't used to being in a position like this. And I can almost hear the listeners screaming at me, like, oh, you've never had a game like this, like how about the freaking Super Bowl five years ago? Like, how about that game? And then I would hear them in my head and I would say, that's a good point.
Speaker 8: Worried about you. You're hearing a lot of voices.
Speaker 6: It's true, it's true.
Speaker 2: I want to get that checked out.
Speaker 9: It's kind of crazy that a guy that has like, literally this was the second biggest deficit that they've ever had. They scored some points late in that game too. The biggest loss they've had was a twenty two point game against Tennessee.
Speaker 6: Actually, it's crazy that two of.
Speaker 9: Them have happened in the Super Bowl, and it just it makes you think about what a freaking.
Speaker 6: Bruto sport is.
Speaker 9: Yeah, because it's probably Travis Kelcey's last game, if I had to guess. And there's no guarantee that Mahomes gets back here in the next few years, Like there's no guarantee about anything. He might be back, and they might went again next year too, Like there's no guarantee that doesn't happen. But the Patriots went ten years between Super Bowls with a lot of great teams. They had a couple losses in that stretch, and as great as this entire run has been. Brady said it like he woke up the next morning after those losses and he couldn't believe it had freaking happened. He thought he still had another game to play. And when you're as prideful and as incredible as Patrick Mahomes is gonna be as great as he is, that this is gonna hurt incredibly bad.
Speaker 2: But one of the common threads between those two losses, because yes, Mahomes had a bad game, you could have said the same thing about that lost in fifty five against the Buccaneers. They played dominant defense.
Speaker 9: I think Mahomes played well in that game, that's my hat. I don't even know if.
Speaker 2: But they didn't protect him well. That was the cause of injuries. They lost a ton of guys in the offensive line. Going to that game, they were just piecing it together with chewing gum and duct tape. That was not the case this time. They just didn't have a good offensive line. Their their investment at left tackle, King Lusuimata and Wanda Morris, neither of them proved to be good enough to They moved Joe Tuner so an active for exactly that's just I hate to say it because failure feels like a strong word, but it is a bit of a failure on the front office. And the margins are so slim because you are paying some of these guys like Kelsey, like Jones, like Mahomes a lot of money. So I think that this could be a come to Jesus moment for these Chiefs, much like the Patriots changed their identity over the course of time. They were a defensive laden team in that first run, they became more of an offensive team later they could do You've been doing it.
Speaker 9: To their credit, they have been changing as they go and I have no question that they will change and figure things out. And obviously they're one of the favorites, if not the favorite, for next season. I'm not saying that it's just it's just hard to start from scratch. They did find a great little receiver in Xavier, where they shout out to him eight for one, fifty seven and two. I like that you celebrated those touchdowns Xavier like it's the Super Bowl. Enjoy your first down.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And it's interesting because I think it caught up to him a little bit too. Some of the patches and the quick fixes that they had. I really admired Joe Tuney for piecing together the end of this year the way that he had to getting moved kicked out to the outside. And then, of course in doing that, you're gonna make part of your interior a little bit weaker because you're removing one of your best players and putting him out of position.
Speaker 2: That is so difficult to make that transition, by the way.
Speaker 8: Yes, exactly. And then they start then the things that they could do to mitigate some of the pressure that they face. We talked about it right at the top. They tried to pick and poke down the field and little pieces the DB's, the Eagles linebackers and the dbs were just not letting him do it. So when you can't do the things to help protect the fact that your offensive line is just generally in a frazzled state that you've had to make up for and those answers don't really work, and then when Pat Mahomes is scrambling around, people are getting to him and hitting him and starting to force him off his throws and then eventually taking him to the ground as the game continued, all of those things to help alleviate that embattled and like I said, very frazzled offensive line. They just weren't going to work, and then the Eagles could stay on their A plus plan against them. That's very rare to see that from an n READ coach team. Is another team being able to stay in there.
Speaker 2: There are adjustments unless the personnel just doesn't stack up against what you're facing that at that point you have nothing, no options.
Speaker 9: And this is still one of the greatest, if not the greatest six year run in NFL.
Speaker 2: Absolutely one.
Speaker 9: They've got three in six years. They lost to convincingly. I mean, I didn't have another Patriots.
Speaker 8: I'm just saying, of course it came back to.
Speaker 9: This and they got to an AFC championship in the in the sixth game. I mean, that is just outrageously excellent run that there's not a huge reason to believe is going to end. But I gotta think this was a very popular result well across the country, in Buffalo, in Baltimore, all the teams that Kansas City has beaten.
Speaker 6: You gotta you gotta at least feel a little bit like, well, if the Eagles can do it, we can do it next time too.
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 8: Is there some small part of you that's like hah, Like you know, you didn't get to do the thing that would make you greater in a dynasty than the Patriots that you love.
Speaker 9: I've been honking about this Eagles team for a while and I've been enjoying.
Speaker 8: You did pick against him one way their success.
Speaker 6: That was a big mistake.
Speaker 8: I meant, like over the last Yeah, it's been incredible.
Speaker 9: Five six years. But yeah, I am that guy. It's less about the Patriots, I don't think. I don't think that matters, and more of the just the general like fatigue of seeing the same team went over and over in the same sorts of ways.
Speaker 8: As long as it's not your team.
Speaker 6: Yeah, of course. If it's my team, that's great.
Speaker 2: Weed to the fire.
Speaker 6: See Drake May.
Speaker 8: By the way, Oh my god, we saw Drake May on Bourbon Street. We were walking to the NFL Media party and we passed right by Drake May and I whipped my head around to like give Greg the look, and he clocked Drake May. He knew it was him, and froze, Oh no.
Speaker 9: Well that's not true. The way you're telling this story is preposterous.
Speaker 8: It's very accurate. I am a journalist.
Speaker 9: Where we were walking by, and I just sort of saw him at the corner of my eye as we're walking by, and.
Speaker 8: I thought I saw you talk him.
Speaker 9: I was like, I think that's Drake May, but he looks too small, and then kept walking and you were like, that was Drake Man.
Speaker 6: I was like, that was Drake May.
Speaker 8: And also, by the way, he was a massive human. I don't know what Greg was.
Speaker 2: There was a lot of large humans.
Speaker 8: We've spent so much time around Shook the last week sensitized. He was smaller than you.
Speaker 9: I'm not even kidding. I'm not even kidding. That's a factor. I was just with like Henry Hodgson and Giant from NFL Network and Andy Greg and it's just after a certain point, you're my size. If someone's over like five ten, they're all about the same. And he just looked like I think it was his baby face.
Speaker 6: He just looked like he was about you're.
Speaker 8: Like, twelve year old kid, should not be on Bourbon Street right now. Like that was my second thought was I don't think you're old. Are you old enough?
Speaker 6: Just barely?
Speaker 2: Yeah, just if it makes you feel any better. I was in the hotel gym this morning and I saw m Rob and I didn't realize it was him until he was leaving and waved to me and I feel terrible about.
Speaker 6: Okay, Well that that that's fine, that happens to everybody.
Speaker 8: I just wanted a reason to tell us that he was at the gym this morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just I just want to make you feel.
Speaker 6: Abou attle bragger. Yeah, while we're here, do we have any other weird sightings for the week? I got this.
Speaker 9: I saw pokin Akua in the hotel lobby and got to get a picture with my son and Puka, the author of pokin Akua Rules.
Speaker 6: So I was very excited about that.
Speaker 9: Told him that that will be with me, uh for the rest of.
Speaker 6: My life, that little moment.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And I asked you. I was like, oh, I was so excited for you. I was like, did Walker like freak out? Was he so excited? And Greg was like no, he played it cool like he was. He was internally excited, And I was like, that is so Greg's child, Like oh yeah, no, like, yeah, I'll be working with him someday, so you know, but internally very exciting and emotional.
Speaker 9: Absolutely having the time of his life. He was just as excited to beat Will Hernandez at a dinner at the NFL through my friend Mike BULSFALLI for the growing Latino fan base and people that are involved in the league, and we.
Speaker 6: Don't need to get too deep into that.
Speaker 9: I don't want to quite finish talking about this game, but we're there. Let's just start. Let's give a couple more shout outs before we go. We can do a little rapid fire. You mentioned Kellen Moore. I just want to give him some props for that. The way he started this game, how every single formation was completely different, and especially that totally bananas one where he's got three receivers on both sides and I know it only ended up being a four yard play, but if you watched how they came out of this game fast, I'm really glad. I remember to say that, like every snap was between fifteen and twenty seconds on the clock, and yet every formation was so different. So they weren't letting Spagnolo do all the the substitutions and the crazy stuff that he wants to do, and yet they were showing so much and getting so much information about how they were going to respond. They were on the front foot Kellen Moore kind of came after, and I saw a clip of Steve Spagnolo on the broadcast losing his freaking mind late in that second quarter, and I was like, I have not seen that Steve Spagnolo since he was on the sideline as the Saint Louis Rams head coach.
Speaker 6: And I thought like, wow, this is different.
Speaker 8: They are to get one of those cas.
Speaker 6: It really did all right, That was not rapid fire at all.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well you wouldn't be you if that were the case. Greg, We love you.
Speaker 2: Mackay Beckton goes out, Tyler Stein comes in and replaced him for a little bit. Mackay comes back and then celebrates a touchdown by hitting some dance moves that made me concerned about his knee.
Speaker 8: I want to shout out of Avonte Maddox because on that fourth and I believe was fourth and three, the game felt like pretty over. But that was the one that really punctuated it, that past breakup. It was a really athletic, really smart play. It just again went to show that everybody got a piece of this action. I loved that. I also loved Brandon Graham coming off of the triceps and just playing with this massive and he got snaps too, and he made he made a couple. He had a couple of moments and he was playing with this massive brace around his left arm. He got to walk out as one of the captains for the coin toss and we got to talk to him postgame, Greg and I just thought, again brimming with emotion. He brought his kids to our interview and he was so proud. They are old enough now for them to remember not only what this looked like for him to win this, but also for what it took for him to come back from this.
Speaker 9: Here with Brandon Graham, just after he won his second Super Bowl title, with both of his kids, what does it mean for you to win this in front of your family?
Speaker 13: That feels so good?
Speaker 3: The last time long it was just baby girl. I got both of them here.
Speaker 13: They both understanding, and they've seen how hard we worked this all season. They all season, and I'm just hoping that what they take away from it is you just gotta stay.
Speaker 3: Focused even during the during storms that you go through.
Speaker 13: You gotta talk it out again, you gotta stay you gotta put your head down and keep working in That's what this team did all year.
Speaker 12: Brandon, for you after your kids old enough to remember what it looks like for you to battle back to be in this game.
Speaker 13: Today, Well it feels good for them because they, I mean, they've seen what I went through this off this year, even during like the season when I got hurt baby girl Mancy, the crowd and I cried, and it's hall like, I mean, they all in tune with what's going on.
Speaker 3: So I'm very thankful that they got to experience this. And we all smiles right now.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm sure it wasn't easy, but you look like you were ready to come back. You gave that right tackle some work today. What got into that entire defensive line in this game?
Speaker 3: We knew it was all the marvels we needed. We needed it.
Speaker 13: We didn't want this year to go in vain, all the good stuff that we did, and all we did was lock in all the week we sacrifice, little party.
Speaker 3: And to get what we wanted.
Speaker 12: All we can go party or Brandon, You're the start that I want to ask your kids one question, how proud of you you with your dads?
Speaker 9: And how about that play by Milton Williams that looked just like your play back in the super Bowl while Tom Brady has covered it.
Speaker 6: What do you think.
Speaker 3: I'm thankful for that boy because him sweaty.
Speaker 13: Nolan, I mean JC, even though j C took he took two every play, So he opened up the door for a lot of guys with the one on ones. And we just won our matchups today. And very thankful for these guys.
Speaker 12: Brandon, you guys rushing four the entire night, pick Man and I have to call it one buzz the strength of the collective.
Speaker 8: Everybody ate tonight? What does that mean?
Speaker 12: To watch everybody get a beast of the act without being the signs And it.
Speaker 3: Meant so much.
Speaker 13: We knew we had to stop the wrong before and we got to make sure that we was able to cover because Mahomes is such a great quarterback. You know that we got some great They got some great coaches over there on top of the great players. So we had to make sure that we had the best execution.
Speaker 8: That we had all year.
Speaker 3: Boys, lay hard today.
Speaker 9: Congrats, You've already celebrated one super Bowl, Tedder, What do you learn from that? Now you're gonna put into this celebration now?
Speaker 13: Well, you know what the last time it was I had stood out here just so I can feel it, because you know, when you go through adversity, you don't want to run. And I'm so happy that I stuck through it because now, I mean now we got the green confetti coming down, and it just feels so much sweeter because we knew what happened last time, and we wanted to make sure that that didn't happen again.
Speaker 8: Come back to ask you, you know I had to ask where you coming back?
Speaker 13: Let me tell you right now, I'm so happy out there.
Speaker 3: It's the best way, the best way to do it right now. Still still still just to leave. So right now, that's what That's what I'm at.
Speaker 9: Brandon Graham always shows up in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 6: Appreciate you. Back on NFL Daily.
Speaker 8: Mhm, you got to see a Kendrick concert today.
Speaker 9: They're gonna kick us out of this trailer. We're nearing midnight here in New Orleans. What a week it has been. I'm glad you mentioned Kendrick. Let's uh, let's get some thoughts. Let's let's start with the the Kendrick aficionado.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the people at home loved it. I personally loved Serena and.
Speaker 8: I was just gonna say that. I loved that moment.
Speaker 2: Yes, that was fantastic.
Speaker 8: By the way, if you know the lore, a lot a.
Speaker 2: Lot of references there, dig into that, google it, find it out. I love that he you know, a lot of people probably thought that he was gonna bring some hits in and he really stuck it to gn X like he stayed true to gen X and what he's doing.
Speaker 6: That was a little surprising, but he still played not like us.
Speaker 2: He still got it in it. He got mustard out there. They were moving from stage to stage. It was a blast.
Speaker 8: It was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed it. He did an outstanding job. Again, loved all the layers to the performance, loved the references. I thought it was an important performance as well as a really really good one.
Speaker 6: I mean.
Speaker 9: And to hear in the stadium sixty plus thousand people scream out in unison a minor Yeah, just levels to it, I mean, and.
Speaker 8: Then it said game over in the stands on all the little wrist lights too. By the way, that was crazy.
Speaker 9: Just the dominoes that started First Person Shooter to end up here. I think Roger Sherman said it best that Drake lost this beef in the worst way possible of any rap beat in history, and that includes people who literally were shot and killed over there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's true because it was happening in the worldwide stage.
Speaker 9: It's it's it's truly remarkable, and that's why we have to at least mention it here. There is no musical moment that is even in conversation with this one in the history of rap. Like if there is a world that will be writing like books about music history in a hundred years, like they'll be ranking the best rap battles ever, and like it'll be one, there will be no two.
Speaker 6: It's just it was. That was an amazing moment. Also brought me back to that that Serena Wimbledon.
Speaker 8: Moment, which is which was incredible. Yeah, we were watching videos of it up in the press box before the third quarter started.
Speaker 9: It was fantas Although I would have you know, I would have liked a little al right or swimming pools.
Speaker 8: I know, I was hoping for so many hits, so little time.
Speaker 2: To justice money trees.
Speaker 9: I guess I guess we're out. I guess we're out of football things to talk about.
Speaker 6: That's it.
Speaker 2: The football was fun.
Speaker 8: We just had the best week we do. Oh my god, we had an amazing week. I can't believe this experience all year, it's been incredible. You guys are obviously a huge part of that. Greg is literally the reason for that. Yeah, I feel so grateful. Like I'm going to crash really hard off this adrenaline at some point and I'm probably gonna have a good cry and then I'm going to think about, like how my life has changed over the last year, and this was really the culmination of it. What a beautiful, beautiful week.
Speaker 6: This was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, special, thanks to you, Greg really for a rotating the group.
Speaker 9: I love you too, and doing the show with you is like, it's such a total joy. And the vibe that we have on this show, how everyone who is a regular part of the show and I wish could be here now just brings their own different energy. But there's just kind of no agenda and it's fun. And I really wish Patrick Clayban was here, and I wish Steve Weisch was here, and he's been setting me joking texts all week of like, oh, how come you didn't invite me on this? It's like, Hey, you're covering the freaking Steve, you're on network.
Speaker 8: Steve is so busy. Yes, and also Colleen we kind of got to celebrate with her because she was hosting the game together.
Speaker 9: To see her up on the big screen. It's like one of the joys of the season. And and everyone else obviously that has contributed, and that includes behind the scenes. I want to thank well well before we get out of here. Of course, Jason English and Sean at iHeart for helping.
Speaker 6: Us throughout the course of the week.
Speaker 9: David Singer forgetting us those guests, Matt Schneider as I mentioned, for really steering the ship and helping us out tonight as well. Hell Will Gavin for putting me on Talk Sport.
Speaker 6: Thank you. Yeah, that was freaking awesome.
Speaker 9: We have Drake here and Jay obviously with all the camera work. It takes a lot of people to put a season like this together. And our first show that we did Jordan with Patrick, was about what's going to bring us joy? What are we looking for that's going to bring us joy in this season? And it has been a total joy to do this show and to watch this freaking Eagles team. It is such a crazy, weird, draining build up, but also you're just like hoping to get to the finish line and you just hope that it all makes sense and pays off in the end. And there was something about this game and this team that I absolutely love. They are the champions of the first year of NFL Daily that's.
Speaker 2: How they will be And in the words of Nick Sirianni, let's run that back.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I have to say, I know you want to get us out, Greg, but I do want to tell this story. So I was going to an agency event and Greg was kindly offered to walk me there. It was dark and all of that. We were having a good talk and I turned to you and I said, I already knew you before, we've been colleagues for a while, but to get to work with you, to work with you this close, I mean you see people like if you're rubbing shoulders with them, like every single second of every single day. And this goes for you too, Nick, Like, I got to see just so much of how you guys operate and how you work. And Greg, I said this to you, and I'm going to embarrass you now. It is so cool when you meet someone who is one of your heroes and they turn out to be even better than you ever thought they could be, and that is you. So thank you for changing my life. Thank you to iHeart for changing our lives and for making this the best week possible.
Speaker 6: You are You are making me feel uncomfortable, but agree.
Speaker 8: That for me, this is the anti compliment.
Speaker 9: Look, we're all in our feelings and we're all doing these things, but it doesn't end here. We're going to be back on NFL daily later this week and look the uh, the Combine. I've already bought my tickets literally leaving two weeks from today. I'll be there and we have a ton of shows getting you ready for free agency and the Combine.
Speaker 6: This is kind of my season. I've been working on the Top one O one.
Speaker 8: I know you're so excited. List comes out soon.
Speaker 9: I love this time of year, uh, and I love that we got to spend all this time in New Orleans. Let's hit that music for the last time of the twenty twenty five season.
Speaker 6: We're in a trailer.
Speaker 9: They're gonna turn off the power any second for Nick Shook and Jordan Rodrigue and yeah with Jalen Hurts is up on that podium holding up the Vince Lombardi Trophy.
Speaker 6: I guess football it's officially back.