Speaker 1: I am all in.
Speaker 2: You, I Am all in with Scott Patterson and iHeartRadio Podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey, everybody's Scott Patterson, I Am all in Podcast, iHeart Radio one of them productions. Season five, episode eight. The Party's over and we can't even see him on our end to get the party started because Amy is having a little bit of technical difficulty. She's in Los Angeles. I don't know if you've got the breaking news that Amy is in Los Angeles in her Los Angeles estate. She's having to stay in the poolhouse because the estate's being renovated. But she she's having a little difficulty logging in. She's she's brought too many computers with her from northern California. She has fourteen computers in front of version. She's getting confused. But we're gonna we're going to dig into this episode. What did everybody think? Oh wait a minute, before we even get to that, Danielle, you have to synopsize all synopsize.
Speaker 3: So this is season five, episode eight, The Party's Over. Air date November ninth, two thousand and four. Richard and Emily throw a Yale alumni party in order to find a suitable young man for Rory. After learning of her relationship with Dean. Luke shows off his culinary talent on a date night with Loralai, but their dinner is ruined by Stars Hollows Newest Residents TJ and Liz Again TJ with this episode?
Speaker 1: Right, Oh man, I sad?
Speaker 4: You good?
Speaker 1: What did everybody think? Tara? What'd you think of this episode?
Speaker 4: I loved it?
Speaker 3: It was fun, Danielle, I loved it. I thought it was fun. I have so many things to dissect, but I'll wait to go in order. Seems like Amy is actually just joining us too, which is amazing.
Speaker 1: I really liked it too, and I thought it had a good beat and I could dance to it.
Speaker 3: So I just want to try Luke's dinner. Like I was hungry after this episode now.
Speaker 1: I was actually wanting to try Emily's. I wanted to be at Emily's dinner table to have that chicken that she piled onto laurelized plate. They gave her about four pieces. Yeah. I just thought it was a terrific episode, hysterically funny. I was laughing a lot through this, I mean good belly laughs throughout the whole thing. And this I think this really flexed its comedy muscles more than anything, and still propelled the drama forward. There was there was drama, rama, but it was funny and it was a fun ride. Actually one of my favorite episodes. It really again, and I know I keep repeating mysel self, but this seems to keep raising the bar on these episodes in terms of the entertainment value because.
Speaker 5: It was and anyone hear me, yes, yes, we.
Speaker 1: Can hear you from your massive SANEMONI.
Speaker 5: Because this is the best episode ever.
Speaker 1: Johnny Depp is in the house, Johnny, how are you?
Speaker 5: Did you guys? Miss me? Did you guys? Miss me?
Speaker 1: Yes? Terribly. Anyway, let's get back to it. Yeah, we'll all need therapy to fill that void that you left.
Speaker 5: So much to discuss. We're going to go bit by bit. Are you with the Gilmours or against the Gilmours Richard and Emily.
Speaker 1: I'm with them. I'm with them.
Speaker 5: They knew, they knew better. That's okay.
Speaker 4: You're with them as in you agree with what they did.
Speaker 1: How many people in this world would give their left arm to be in Rory's position, with grandparents like that, who care that much, who want to give her the world?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: Right, I think.
Speaker 3: I agree in the sense of, like, that's amazing. What I hate about it is they know she has a boyfriend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's like I was going to say.
Speaker 3: If that was removed from it, I'd be like, this is still really old school and kind of like slightly cringe that they're throwing a party to like help Rory find a boy that is of a certain caliber. But it would have been a little bit better if she was at least single.
Speaker 4: But yeah, and it's after they knew that she was back with Dean, so it's kind of like, let's get her away from Dean and find her someone new.
Speaker 3: Although I'm not not at Rory getting away from Dean, like, yes, hey, but.
Speaker 4: I meant the principal of it exactly.
Speaker 1: As grandparents, right, And you have to give the older. Older people in our society have the ability to see the future better than anybody. They can predict the future better than anybody. So Richard and Emily have seen this movie before in their own family with Laurelin, they've seen it with other kids. They know how things work. They are mature, they are wise, and they are providing, in my opinion, the necessary guidance to a girl who they feel is under the tuttlage of somebody who they do not trust.
Speaker 5: So here you want to step.
Speaker 1: In and fill the void and provide some really solid guidance and give her a very clear choice. She can choose to take it or not. But they want to provide the choice.
Speaker 5: Yes, So here's the interesting rub of it. Although I don't love that they sort of snakily did this. Right, Oh, we're having Yale alumni over and really it's just all eligible bachelor's college age.
Speaker 3: And it was a tiara like necessary.
Speaker 5: We'll get into that.
Speaker 4: We'll get into that point.
Speaker 5: But in the sense that they were right, like she was having once Logan was around and kind of acclimated her to the group, she was having a great time. She totally forgot about Dean. She walks outside and like, Dean dumpster right there. And you know, we'll get to the debate about Logan within this.
Speaker 3: I think that moment for him was the light bulb moment. Uhha, yeah, yeah, we do not belong together.
Speaker 4: And it's finally on his terms, Like every time it's been on Rory's terms of like she's been interested in someone else this or that, and it's finally he's like I'm done.
Speaker 3: I correct, But also I don't think it was him being like I'm over you, I'm done and walking away. I think it was our visions for what our life should be like and will be like and what we wanted to be like are not aligned.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, And.
Speaker 3: I think it was actually kind of mature of him in a weird way to be like, I recognize what's happening, I'm gonna He has so self respect.
Speaker 5: I think he had self respect going you're here with all these guys, I don't what am I doing here? And he was right, what was he doing there? Any And he just took himself out of the race. He grew a pair at the end and said what am I doing here? I'm not doing this, because I actually think it would have been worse if if he took her out, like after she's been like at this party that he's not invited to with all these guys. Clearly she's having the time of her life, she's tipsy. He's growing a pair by being like, I'm out. This isn't this isn't good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because in the past what we saw was him getting a physical altercation with Jess. You know, they punched each other, Like he could have really easily been like, what are you guys doing with my girl?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 3: And he was just like, dude, this is.
Speaker 1: Telling you Rory is a wrecking ball. She's a wrecking ball. She she she belongs with the logan, she belongs in that world. Her grandparents know it. Her mother's trying to fight it. I do agree the grandparents should have consulted laural I. They had to go through the proper protocols, but they knew what laural I would say, they knew.
Speaker 5: What about consulting Rory?
Speaker 4: Yeah, they did.
Speaker 1: They called her an invite. They called her and they invited her to the party. Alumni, Hey, figure it out, Rory, what do you think this is?
Speaker 4: I would I wouldn't have thought it would be like a bachelor bachelor party.
Speaker 1: Like she's invited to a party, she's dripping in diamonds and they're presenting her. This is so what I think she was support We feel sorry for Rory.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I mean I think I think she also respects did her grandparents in that, Like she she was doing everything that they asked, like she was talking to everyone. But I think it's just the principle of that like they knew that she's with Dean, and so it's kind of like they're focing her to break up.
Speaker 1: Dean had a shot he got you know, it's not happening for Dean. I mean, yeah, go go to college, Go get a life. She did everything she could for you, you know, and you did everything and you loved her and it was pure and it just didn't work out. And yet just because you love each other doesn't mean you're going to end up together. The grandparents realizes why doesn't Laurel.
Speaker 5: I well, and it hasn't been unicorns and rainbows for Dean and Rory of late. So I think this is the straw that broke the camel's back. Yeah. Wait, I wanted to ask you when you said Rory is a wrecking ball? Is that a compliment or a dig? Because I could take it both ways.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's an intentional wrecking ball. I think it's a young girl, a young woman, you know, navigating through her first relationships. And these relationships have a very minor chance of working out long term. They're just sort of you know, that's the education relationships. This is how you learn what's right for you and what's wrong and to function within a relationship, and they're all great, and Dean's great on you know, in on his own terms. It just doesn't It's it's like, how much punishment is this guy going to take before he just finally he realizes it and goes away. Yeah. Yeah, but he knew it was coming anyway. He knew it was coming when he can't have an intelligent conversation with Rory about the article she wrote. She was wanting notes, specifics he couldn't give them.
Speaker 5: I agree with so right there.
Speaker 1: That that relationship doesn't have a chance. Don't have a chance.
Speaker 4: I mean, Dean's not going to be the one. It's definitely a Logan or even a Jess could have a conversation with her about that article. It's just something that Dean was never interested in anyway. And I think it upsets her too that he's, like, you know, she wanted It's kind of like, you know, when you're excited about something and you want to tell your friend and you want them to be excited with you. She wanted that, and he didn't really give her anything.
Speaker 3: He couldn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. He did the best he could, you know, That's what I was.
Speaker 5: I was trying to find those.
Speaker 1: Words he could. He did really well, he got married. He you know, he cheated on his wife with her. I mean, they love each other obviously, but it's like it's it's not working out. It's just a mess. Thinks a mess. It's a checkered past, it's a bad history they have.
Speaker 5: So do you think he should have stayed with Lindsay? Like forget Rory. Pretend he never cheated on Lindsay with Rory and Rory never put herself back in the option, Like what what would it right? Justice for Lindsay?
Speaker 1: Or how you gonna how are you going to rehabilitate a relationship when you're so young after something like that?
Speaker 5: But pretend that never happens.
Speaker 1: It's not like it's twenty thirty years into a relationship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think if it didn't happen and we're just you know, they're they're married, he would have been just fine. Like yeah, it's because of Rory, you know, like that's the main thing, Like she's the reason why that happened.
Speaker 5: Although he was playing video games and wasn't hanging out with her and that had nothing to do with Rory I think it would have been just as enjoyable to watch, like get rid of Dean two weeks ago and have Rory lean in to this party, essentially because the party was enjoyable to watch and Logan rolling in and arm around the whole thing, like I kind of forgot about Dean and wanted him to sort of not show up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it would have been totally different vibe if they had broken up because they couldn't connect, like two weeks ago, Like we could have watched her have some fun.
Speaker 1: I totally agree, Yeah, let her have some fun. I was working hard. Why not just Dean, you know, showing up looking through a window seeing that? Why why do we need this? Like I'm not right for you? It was just too much?
Speaker 3: Am I the only one I liked it? I really liked it. I liked that he showed up at the Gilmour's house and Rory comes out of the house like, oh, it's eight forty five and fifteen minutes later.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait a minute, wait a minute, let's just re let's rewind the tape. Here, Gang, Logan and all of them are in Richard's the poolhouse getting plastered, right, Yeah, he's plastered.
Speaker 3: I kind of wanted to be there.
Speaker 1: I was like, I did too, I did too.
Speaker 3: It looks like they're having a grand time.
Speaker 1: And then they decide that Rory, okay, this idea from Logan, the master manipulator, saying, hey, well we got to meet this guy, let's just go on out and see what's going on. And I and you just know like that's gonna be a disaster. Who's gonna deal with that? Why did? And so my question you guys is, would if you were in Rory's position, would you have allowed that?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 6: Absolutely not. It wasulous. How did that even happen? How did she trapes out of that house, you know, with a gaggle of young wealthy men behind her. It's just sort of cockily staring.
Speaker 5: I want to know if you were Dean in that situation and Rory comes out of a house tipsy with ten rich ass dudes with her, You're in your pickup truck, not invited. Also not invited.
Speaker 1: We would done at left too.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think I know why I like this. I think I know why I like the Dean moment. And we'll get to the Lorelei moment at the end later. But I feel like in this Episod said, we see two people that are acknowledging that Rory is changing, and I liked having both of them someone a boy from her past and her mom two quote unquote pillars in her life. I acknowledge that she's moving on from who they are. I just liked it. You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: You know what the ninja you know what the ninja Dean move would have been. Here's the here's the move. Okay, and this this is what really he should have done right, what a should have cut it right. We're getting into that zone now. Hey, Roy, looks like the parties here. Let's just stay here. I don't want to take you away from this. Invite me in. I'd love to meet your grandparents. Boom, that's the move. That's what a cool guy would have done. And then they're in the poolhouse with Dean. He's getting a little loaded. Boom, boom. You know, maybe we get some fisticuffs with you know whoever, who's the Finn guy, Finn.
Speaker 5: Dean hunch Jess So, but I do think Scott you're onto something. If Dean was the guy he would have, he would have been like, look, you have a great time here, I'll just come in, let's hang, and then he would have been able to go like head off. T Is that what they say, Dean?
Speaker 3: But I'm calling like a red flag because if Dean went walked into that party, he would not be throwing back a beer.
Speaker 1: Or no invited in. After she comes out with those guys, and he stands the situation and instead of going all like, you know, tiny little nuts, he he he goes, uh.
Speaker 3: All right, tiny a little mutch.
Speaker 1: You know, and Steady and Steady goes, all right, you know you want to deal with these bull balls. Let's go. Let's go in the party. I'll show you how. I'll show you how real dude parties. Okay, right, not that guy.
Speaker 5: He's not the guy.
Speaker 1: Not that guy.
Speaker 5: Here's my question to begin. If Logan the like king of the popular guys like he is the head. So we start in the yard of the pool house. Each looked beautiful with the lights, which Emily being mad was hilarious. So I mean, how funny that they wanted to eat so bad those skewers. Like Emily comes out and they quickly took the skewers like we know, she's gonna blow her lid with these so I thought, great beginning. I laughed at the skewers. I laughed at the bit that it's appetizers. Then they're full they can't eat, And then we do get that she's talking to the boy and she says it's Dean.
Speaker 3: I actually in the most important part, she goes up to Richard and says we need to talk. Yes, you know, like because now you can see them coming back to being on the same team.
Speaker 5: And I love the pool house. I'm obsessed with the Poolhouse. So we then go to the diner and we have Liz and we realize that she's moving to Star's Hollow and how she has enough money to have its like second home or but apparently she's gotten dough. Here's what I'm wondering though. Do you think she got money when you when you Luke's father died, Obviously Luke's dad had money, so maybe you took over the diner and she got some sort of a I don't know, a couple hundred thousand.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine holmes are expensive there anyway.
Speaker 5: Right, So I don't know, but great fodder for us that she's she's moved to Stars Hollow.
Speaker 1: I don't know it made me feel a little uncomfortable that Luke was, you know, so demonstrably against this, and that's a sister, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I don't blame him though he's had such a toxic relationship with his sister in the past. Right now, it's great to that they won't it wasn't you know. He was hesitant for her to come back into his life to begin with, and now she's like coming back.
Speaker 1: I don't know the show. You know, it's a family show. It's a family value show, and that's not a family value that you want to promote, right, I mean, it's like a brother rejecting his sister. Stay the heck away from me. You're bad news, You're a lost cause I don't want you in my town. I don't want to deal. I mean, it's like, what.
Speaker 5: Not so aggressive? But what about a daughter rejecting her parents? I mean, this show's got some conflict.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. I mean, that's the basis of the whole show, right, It's like, Luke's relationship with his sister is not the basis of the show. It's not the foundation of the show that is. So you accept that because that's the start. That's the jumping off point of the show.
Speaker 5: He wasn't so negative, Oh I thought he was.
Speaker 1: It was uncomfortable for me to watch. I feel like he was.
Speaker 5: Sort of like are you sure, because.
Speaker 1: More like he just dreaded her being around.
Speaker 5: But is there a chance that he was being like, are you sure you want to do this, like put all this money into this thing when you don't even want to be here.
Speaker 1: It wasn't out of concern. It was out of his selfish need to be away from his sister for some reason, and we kind of know the reasons. But again, it flies in the face of what the show is trying to represent. Right, So it's like, what kind of conflict is this? Like fake, fakey fake conflict they're trying to generate for the sake of having conflict.
Speaker 5: You know, well, they do it because we get the brilliance of TJ coming over and ruining the dates. So to me, I think the writers are like, let's write this little thing in that their move get him back in. I could look at it as you were sort of being a decent big brother without you don't have any like softness about it, but you're just like, are you sure? This is what you want.
Speaker 1: If he was a decent big brother about it, he would have he would have helped them find a house.
Speaker 5: Hmmm, what's a MOUNTI hat?
Speaker 1: It's a Canadian Mounted Police officer that rides a horse, you know, the big Oh, it's like a sombrero almost.
Speaker 5: You have them. Yeah, all right, So we learned that Luke is a fabulous cook, and I got kind of excited about that date. I'm not gonna lie like that was a good sort of teaser where I'm like, hmm, it's gonna be good. So Richard and Emily call Rory. Did you especially Scott and Danielle did you know did you know that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Just the fact that they were so happy being next to each other in the same room, Like, whatever is going to happen on this call is not going to.
Speaker 4: Be good, Like the first thing they agreed on and alone, Yeah.
Speaker 3: They're scheming something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Scott, did you think that too, that you're like, what are they up to?
Speaker 1: Yeah? But it's always good. It's nothing bad. And they're together, they're you know, you're they're coming together. They're being a couple again, which is good. That's a positive. They're helping their granddaughter. They're you know, that's good debate.
Speaker 5: It's debatable. I love it, don't get me wrong, I love it, but it is debatable.
Speaker 1: There is a point now with Laurel, is that anything they do say, you know, it's going to trigger Laurel I in a in a in a way that she's going to pick up the phone and start screaming at people. I mean, it's getting it's getting to be the same old hat and it's like, get over it. You know, they're they're doing the best they can for your daughter.
Speaker 5: Well, but the same way, because he was right that they were scheme in against you.
Speaker 1: So what they should, Oh.
Speaker 5: You are very team Richard and Emily where I love them with a with a arms leg.
Speaker 1: It's who they are. I accept them. That's who they are. But they don't try that hard with lor They don't care about Lourle. I they've given up, they're but they're not giving up on Rory. They even said it, said, well you're a lost cause they find their own daughter to be pathetic. They do, and they just tolerate her. They don't they don't really respect her.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't use them. I don't think they think she's put that.
Speaker 1: Of course they do. They constantly ignore her. They mock her. Put yourself in Emily and Richard shoes. Put yourself in their shoes. Look at it from their point of view. But these worlds are colliding, and that's what all this conflict is about. But put yourself in Richard and Emily's shoes. They've got an agenda. It's as legitimate as anything on the TV show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think with if I were to put myself in their shoes. They look at Laura Lai saying she's she's a wild horse. She's gonna do whatever she wants when she wants. We can't. We have no influence over her versus Rory is showing signs that she wants to be a Gilmore going to Yale, you know, oh as friends with the popular guy, a hunts Burger. You know, like they're seeing these little clues that like she can be who they are, and I think they feel like they can mold her to that and get her there.
Speaker 5: Both correct. I just don't think they think she's pathetic. I think they just think she's out of their control. And I think on some level they actually admire her, but they cannot control Listen.
Speaker 1: They are fighting for their Gilmore name, they are fighting for their bloodline, they are fighting for the future because Rory is their last best hope. She's their only grandchild one. They have one grandchild. They had one daughter. They screwed that up, okay, or it got screwed up. They have one granddaughter to carry on the legacy of the Gilmore's and all that tradition and all of that money and all of that privilege. You think they're not going to try their damnedest to keep Rory in the fold. They've got her in the Fall, they got her in Yale. They're paying for it. They're trying to push Laurel aside. They don't take her seriously. They're little pockets of pride they show.
Speaker 5: I think you're right. I also think that Rory, they can sense that she likes their world. She's not opposed to it and rebellious about it as Morel I was. You know, probably through all her teen years. They can see that Rory's into it. She's at Yale, she's you know, so there is that element. I don't know, there's a lot of what you're saying that actually does ring true to me. I just think I think it would be their dream if they could control Laurai and suddenly she's dating, you know, some guy they love. I think that they would love that, but they just know it's so unlikely.
Speaker 1: They're putting they're putting their focus on somebody that can mold yeah, chances.
Speaker 3: I think they have to like reframe how they influenced Laurli like Richard did last episode. Let's you know, franchise Luke's Let's you know, do that? Like that is how I think their strategy is with her now versus Rory. They can formulate it, you know, they like, here are the eligible men for you to date, Now pick one?
Speaker 1: Because why why do they not have a right to manipulate their own destiny? Why why don't they have a right to have pleasant family Christmases and Thanksgivings and and you know, why do they have to concede the the ground to laurel I When she's going to invite in all manner of people who Emily and Richard considered to be you know, unscrubbed, the unwashed, right, they don't want to spend time with those people. They don't want to spend time with Luke. Do they want to really spend quality time with Luke. No, they're trying to get Luke in shape so that he's acceptable at the country club, so he's not an embarrassment to the family, and then maybe spend a Christmas or two with him because Rory's going to be there with her, you know, upwardly mobile or privileged boyfriend or fiance.
Speaker 5: Selfish.
Speaker 1: Of course, it's selfish. Why shouldn't it be selfish. They've lived their entire lives this way. That is the patriarch, and that is the patriarch, and this is how dynasties work, and they want what they want.
Speaker 5: The element that is missing and I like Richard and Emily, but the element that's missing is we're proud of you no matter what you do. We're proud of you if you do something you love. We want you to love who you love. We want you to find the person that's best for you instead of best for them. And that's kind of my thing is like Scott, you would never be like them. If your kid wants to have some career, you would support it. If he brings home some love of his life, you'll support it. So I think that's where they are a little They just don't let their kids be them and their grandkid. They're trying to manipulate and mold in control.
Speaker 1: They don't understand larel I, You're right, they don't get it, and they don't understand how Emily probably doesn't understand how Loralai came out of her body. I mean, it happens with certain children and their parents. It's like it's not it doesn't click. It can happen, and it's sad.
Speaker 5: You think you have a very fair analysis of Richard and Emily. I just think I.
Speaker 3: Have a question before you move on from that. Does anybody find it like weird that when Emily first met Luke, like at the hospital, she was so like into him doesn't matter.
Speaker 5: I thought she had a kind of radar up like doesn't but.
Speaker 3: She was, but she was like super into him.
Speaker 1: She's like suitable, he's unsuitable for the change.
Speaker 4: I think at the hospital it was like she she hadn't seen Loralai with a guy before, so maybe it was like, oh, like you know, this is this is something and he's coming to the hospital. But then she didn't think it would last this long.
Speaker 5: I think Tar is right, like she was maybe just happy that she was with some dude.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think I don't think it was because it was Luke. I think it was just because it was a guy.
Speaker 3: Okay, But then why did that change? Like why is she not happy that she's with the dude?
Speaker 5: Well, because she doesn't want him with a guy that owns a diner, drives a truck.
Speaker 3: But then why was that she knew she knew who he was.
Speaker 5: She called him the iceman, right, but she didn't know who he was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but now he's still around now, it's like, right, it's like four years later. I mean, when did that? When did the Richard thing happen? When did the hospital thing happen? Was that the season one? Season one? So now here we are five four years later, five years later, he's still around. Now now they're together. It's like, oh boy, hit the panic button. You know, we knew, we knew, Laurel I was going to go off the rails.
Speaker 5: And there's so much to discuss with because I really want to spend time on the date and the party, So quickly, let's talk about Lane and Zach and missus Kim and the is it Lane's cousin who really change students? Yeah?
Speaker 3: It was so cringe. Every scene I saw that, I literally was like, I need this to go away.
Speaker 1: Wait which one I thought? Missus? Him attacking Zach at the newsstand was classic?
Speaker 4: That was that was funny.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about then.
Speaker 1: That was at her best. I mean, just rocking.
Speaker 4: She does annoy me.
Speaker 1: She smoked Zach right there, but it wasn't how great was Todd Low like waving his arms like what you know? She's just like what.
Speaker 5: I liked about Zach is I'm home and told Lane what happened. He didn't like hold it in and act like it didn't happen. He was like, Lane, your mom is crazy.
Speaker 1: And that was the funniest scene. That was hysterical.
Speaker 5: Who annoys you? The exchange students.
Speaker 1: I'm getting flamed by your mom. She's saying, dogs, you're gonna eat my guts. That's not rock and roll. Man. I'm the guy, like you know, I'm the back door guy, jump out the window guy. I'm not that guy you know with the girl with a mom yelling at him.
Speaker 5: What is that funny? Is he would weel served to be more like that? That? Like I am who I am? I am good with it. I like who I am I'm totally confident I'm not taking this crazy lady yelling at me like.
Speaker 1: It's likech you woke up and it's like what am I doing? What I'm living with this girl and her mother's a little bit thickets. She's like screaming at me. He's like, what is happening?
Speaker 5: So no, indeed, Plane's trying to do a solid for the exchange student and give her fries and the chili fry and then.
Speaker 3: She mat after you guys, I'm sorry all those scenes were such cringe.
Speaker 1: I you know, I kind of agree. I kind of agree.
Speaker 3: I could have definitely done without those scenes.
Speaker 4: Like that whole storyline, the whole storyline.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it was. It was what was it about that?
Speaker 5: That was?
Speaker 3: So it was incredibly racist, but beyond that, beyond that, it was just really bad.
Speaker 1: So saying it's like, boy, is this stereotypical?
Speaker 5: Oh god?
Speaker 1: This like you know what, Danielle, that's you kind of nailed it there.
Speaker 5: I've noticed this in the scene when missus Kim is just railing on a mirror at the Newsstam is so stressed in the back like an act because you see Zach come up and he's with a mirror and he wonders where is magazine that he hasn't finished reading it, and then missus Kim just comes up crazy and you're looking at a mirror in the background, and he is like when background actors act like they're not hearing something one feet from them, one from a mirror, amazing.
Speaker 1: He is like, you know what this this these last two episodes maybe realized, did not take advantage of Zach the character, and they did not take advantage of Todd Lowe's ability. Yeah, create that character, because that's a really fun character and you just have to wind him up and let him go inside that show, and he could have been a much bigger part of that show and it would have really paid off. That would have paid off as much as a Michelle or a Sean Gun or that that character had such potential to grow.
Speaker 5: Well just wait, yeah, no.
Speaker 1: I will. I'm optimistic. But it's like we're in season five already and we're just getting to know Zach a little bit. Come on, I mean, there's so much more there.
Speaker 5: They really had hopes that Adam Brody was going to be long for the Gilmour world, but I digress.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but wasn't wasn't Todd Low with the show from the beginning.
Speaker 5: Is when the band formed. He came in when when the band formed, just shortly after Adam Brody and.
Speaker 1: That was it was still season one, no season two, I think, so yeah, okay, but still, I mean he's given gold Man. It's it's funny stuff. He's funny. That's such a funny character.
Speaker 5: They interviewed him because I want to hear what his real voice is, and like when he's.
Speaker 3: Watch his voice being exactly like Zach's.
Speaker 1: He's just like, hey, guys, it's not it's not like it's it's you know, he's doing he's playing characters. He's character actor is a good one. So he's putting on a little bit of stuff. It's a it's it's a little more maybe exaggerated or pulled back version of himself, but it's working beautifully.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's so good.
Speaker 1: It's so good. Oh, it's so funny.
Speaker 5: I'm only being annoying to keep us on tracks. So we go to the date which we touched on a little bit at Doci's, which was speaking of cringe.
Speaker 1: Right, really cringe.
Speaker 5: It was like on like on like they did have a weird candle and some weird flockers. Did you guys hear when you want some chip pieces? Because it's like the crumbly old chip bag. It's all the like yesterday is junk. You're right when you analyze him not being able to have a response to the article, I really want to hear about that a little bit. It was that was not great.
Speaker 1: I think he even read the article.
Speaker 5: I do, but I just think it's all sort of not his world. Not his world.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean he said it was. He's like I thought it was great, but he wasn't able to like actually know what she needed, Like she needed somebody to like analyze the themes and the grammar.
Speaker 4: And you know, give her like yeah, give her, yeah.
Speaker 3: Construct the criticism all that stuff. And he was just like, looks good, babe, you know that.
Speaker 5: It was good, Like you tell your seven year old they're they're being mosaics really good, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I can only imagine.
Speaker 5: I don't have a problem with any of it, except for they aren't connected in this sort of way anymore. They're not bonded, they're not vibing. I mean, look, I have to say I'm team Jets way more than Team Dean, because I do think Jess really was up to her level. Next, I want to quickly review the menu of Luke and laurelized date that I wanted to be on so badly. I wanted to be on it so bad including TJ showing up. So listen to what faith lamb and artichoke stew hennay with pesto, potatoes, tomatoes with bread crumbs, goat cheese on the tomatoes with bread crumbs, maybe roasted garlic with rosemary, ficasha Amorado cookies with the coffee and the ricotta cheesecakes. Literally are you kidding me? And I looked to make sure the plate had those things on it, and it sure as bleep did.
Speaker 3: Like WOWSA what a goat like like Luke is such a stud? Like that is legit?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and this is Look, Luke's apartment is not that much better than the stock room at Doses. I'm not gonna lie with me, do you want? I wanted to be there because they are so comfortable with each other and up to each other's level, you know, because he doesn't he doesn't like when he's like stir and she's a I can't sir, he doesn't like baby her. He's like stir, like you can figure this out. You know, they're so on the same level.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a heart as Yeah, she's the same way. They're both you know, they're both uh tough people. I guess I don't know, but yeah, but listen, that scene really took off for me. As soon as TJ comes in. I'm sorry, he's a he's a scrow. Have you ever seen a guest star come on and just own the set like that?
Speaker 3: I cannot take my eyes off.
Speaker 1: You literally cannot take your and and that's when that show. That scene turned that show into a sitcom, because that was a sitcom performance.
Speaker 5: You know, there's some critics television critics of which we are not, that did not like that character, and I was like, are you crazy, He's the best.
Speaker 1: It's because it changes the tone of the show so much because he just takes it over. I mean, listen, you got a day Lauise coming into the scene. It's like, look out, man, you know, everybody's going to get white doubt. That is so much talent and history walking into that apartment, and it's, in my opinion, exactly what that show needs. That's exactly what that show needs. And that's and that's what the critics used to say too, is like, this show can't decide whether it's a drama of comedy or drama. Can't It's like, why does it happen? Why do you have to categorize it? I agree, why why can't you? Just because it all works? I mean, the drama enhances the comedy vice versa. Right, do you think it?
Speaker 5: Said Escaro on the page.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh I thought he just did it.
Speaker 1: I was like, esc Esca, well, is he gonna come on and talk to us? Because these these are the burning questions, these are questions, Oh.
Speaker 5: Keep trying, he does. That's why we had David because he doesn't Stephanie. But did you guys notice so Lorli and Lucar at the apartment and they're getting sort of the dinner, so go and this sweet way that Lauren slash Loralai touches your neck. The physical gestures, I think is also what draws me into their relationship.
Speaker 1: It's the little details. Yeah, it's a behavior. It's all behavior. It's not the words, it's the behavior. You find the behavior, Yes.
Speaker 5: That's yeah, that's the gold athlete. So Okay. So TJ comes in and Luke said, you gotta go, man, you gotta go.
Speaker 1: Man. See, that's what I love so much about being in those scenes because I've done several of those scenes with Lauren where she comes in like a house on fire and it's just monologue after monologue and you've got a little line here and there, and you got to you know, you can't, you can't. Your timing has to be perfect or else you're gonna throw them off because they've just got line after line after line, another chunk, another chunk, now chunk, and they've they've they're saying it all together. But you have to find just a tiny little moment where you can slip in your line or your word or you're gest your whatever. That's the hard part about it. So I was really watching that scene seeing if I was screwing him up at all. But I think I supported him the way I wanted to support.
Speaker 5: Him, both of them. And how about the fact that and we're sort of skipping, but we'll go back. There's a portion where you two are this scene, right, Luke and Lorelei are the scene and TJ and l are fighting in the bathroom and we can hear them, but it's not too much. I mean, you know what's happening, and you two are conversing. I mean, I thought the whole date from start to finish was amazing. Calling. She's calling while you're talking to TJ. And somehow that we're following it all.
Speaker 1: I meant, but how do you not I mean TJ walks into a him, how do you not just light up? I mean, it's just so great. He's weeping in the background. I mean, it's just so bizarrely funny. It's surreal. I mean, it's absurd. The whole thing's absurd. And that's what's so great about this show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I almost have myself together not to start over.
Speaker 1: That's the best the show is. That's s Gilmore Girls right there at its best. When you've got and that's what Amy and Dan do. They build up these very tender, heartfelt moments, and then they'll throw a seawn gun, naked sewn gun in there for the heck of it. And then they'll throw a TJ in there.
Speaker 5: Wild.
Speaker 1: That's wonderful, wonderful stuff.
Speaker 5: Go to the party. Now, what did you all think when suddenly Emily takes Rory upstairs? To the hairdresser and then we're putting diamonds on her? What I really want to know what? Danielle and Scott were like.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, daniel I'm like, I liked the diamonds.
Speaker 3: I was like, that's it's fun. That's fun for you know, the Yale alumni. Mornie and when you put on the tiara, was like, this is not an alumni party. What is happening? The tiara just needed to.
Speaker 4: So why the tiara? It's like, I can't really imagine like a twenty which is probably what twenty now twenty year old girl wants to wear that as she's like trying to find an eligible batch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it would have been like Grandma, sorry, are you.
Speaker 1: Diamonds?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 1: But that was that was a great line Emily had. He says, you know, is that a diamond necklace? He said, yeah, it's not doing anybody any good sitting in its box. She had a point put it on?
Speaker 5: Did you guys, Richard say to Emily you did a fine job. Sure, this was all playing.
Speaker 1: Good, good good.
Speaker 4: That's like the highest compliment you can give Emily.
Speaker 5: So then how quickly Danielle and.
Speaker 1: Scott one, so why wait a minute, Hang on, why isn't it that scene as an act of love toward their granddaughter. Why are we using these words manipulative, deceptive, it's over it's over bearing. Why isn't it just like they are loving that girl. They are giving all of this pent up love that they wanted to give their own daughter and missed out on the opportunity. These are still two human beings. They're fighting for the relationship and they are now they're joined, they are unifyed in loving their granddaughter to this extent, opening up the doors for her, like this should be your future. And sure that guys were you know, of course, you know the guys were going to be kind of you know, douche and you just knew it, right right.
Speaker 5: I agree with you that you are right. It is actually really cool what they're doing.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 5: So they didn't tell her what they're doing. Like my so, my niece's grandmother is saying to my niece, you're gonna be in the debutante ball. We're gonna have this party for you. You're gonna have this beautiful dress, we're gonna have this dinner, blah blah blah. They're telling my names. So the only thing that Richard and Emily didn't do right and say to Rory, we want you, We wanted you to come over. We're gonna have this beautiful party. We're gonna dress you up, and we're gonna introduce you to all these boys. I mean, Emily would have been smarter she invited a couple of girls. But whatever, they're just not telling her what they're doing because.
Speaker 1: She's gonna blab it to her mom and then her mom's gonna make make an excuse as to why she can't go.
Speaker 4: Do you think it would have been better if she did invite some girls and I would.
Speaker 1: Have been like less no, because they didn't want a competition.
Speaker 5: I think it would have been less captain obvious though. And you know, but how fun if you're a twenty year old and you're at a party with all these fancy parents and all these boys that are just only giving you attention.
Speaker 1: I tell you it's a good situation for a twenty year old person. Good situation, you know. I'll tell you. Would you rather? Okay? So would you? Danielle Tara Amy answer me this question honestly, please, not that you've never been anything but honest with me. When I'm grilling you, which is frequent, by the way, and you have no idea once we're off the air. I'm just grilling these people all the time. Danielle, Yes, would you rather have grandparents like that or not?
Speaker 3: I'd rather not? Why too much pressure?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: I want my grandma and Grandfa to love me and take me to dinner and like think everything I do is awesome.
Speaker 1: So it was a confused who's who got her whole life ahead of you. Don't want to be bathed in diamonds and presented to the to the elite of the world.
Speaker 3: I just think that the pressure is too much. I just want grandparents to love me for who I am.
Speaker 1: Tara.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I think there are certain aspects Tara.
Speaker 1: No Tara Tiara.
Speaker 4: I probably did when I was five. But there are certain aspects of Emily and Richard that I like and the way they treat Rory. But for this situation, and I would not want no.
Speaker 1: I would not want to be two debutante knows Amy.
Speaker 3: Amy is the debutante.
Speaker 1: I know she is, so the pressure's on here.
Speaker 5: Totally fine with it. I'm totally fine with all of it. I like it. I think it's there's tradition, there's you know, there's there's love there. The only difference is that my grandparents told me what they were doing, and my parents like it was never like I wasn't manipulated into it. It wasn't done sneakily. And if I would have said, like no, I don't want to go out with that boy, I mean you know I had to. My grandpa would ask me favors like oh so and so grandsons in town, can you go out with them? And it was always like horrendous, But I did it because it was like my call me too, but he never they didn't trick me into it.
Speaker 1: But did you have a mother like Laurlai? And did your mother have a bad relationship with their parents? It's not you know, that's a little personal.
Speaker 5: Sorry, no, no, no, please, you can ask me anything. I've nothing to had. My mom is not like Laurai, but she did have a bit of She didn't have the best relationship with her parents versus my dad and his parents, and they were the fancy side, so like my grandparents were very fancy on my dad's side, and I was a den and all those things. My parents were super into it. They loved it. And part of the reason I did it is my dad wanted to My parents wanted me to do it. So it's like fine, It's not like horrible. It's like a fun party. You get Tiffany boxes with weird heart jewelry you're never gonna wear again, and some frames that you have to like polish, which you're like, who wants a frame that you have to polish? Well?
Speaker 4: I have a question, though, is it different if you if your parents want you to do it for your grandparents? Because Laurel I doesn't want Rory to do it for her grandparents, but you said your dad wanted you to do it, so you want to make your dad happy.
Speaker 1: To make your dad happy, And what's wrong with your grandparents happy?
Speaker 4: There's nothing wrong with no, No, there's nothing wrong with it. I'm just saying, in the situation of Rory, Laurel I is not happy with it, so I feel like she's stuck in the middle.
Speaker 1: Laurela is not happy with anything regarding her parents. We know what Laurela is going to react.
Speaker 5: Like, I get what Tara's saying in that she has to essentially choose. She can't make them both happy because her mom doesn't like this life her grandparents do, and Rory sort of getting pulled in both directions because I think she likes both. I likes both really interesting. That's a great point that she's conflicted because but look, so.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, so wait a minute, So so Rory's out of the house now she's in college. Was she a sophomore now at this point? Yeah, she's a sophomore. She's her own woman. She can make her own decisions. She doesn't have to consult with mommy anymore.
Speaker 5: Well Ry does, though, so she goes why why.
Speaker 1: Why would why does Rory? Why would you think Rory feels obligated to consult with her mother to go to a party their grandparents are throwing.
Speaker 5: I don't think she feels obligated, but she did it.
Speaker 1: Why can't she have a separate relationship with her grandparents and she's got to console her mother? And okay everything, she's.
Speaker 3: Twenty, okay, question for everybody.
Speaker 1: She lives on her own now and her grandparents are paying for damn college.
Speaker 3: You just took my thing. Do you think Rory would would would do all this stuff willingly and have without any fuss if her parents her grandparents aren't paying for Yale.
Speaker 1: Yes, but that changes the whole dynamic of the show. Who's paying for her college? Her mother? If her mother's paying for a college, this is a whole completely different dynamic. Completely in the show. They set it up where you need those grandparents, you need their money.
Speaker 3: I agree with you, Scott, I don't.
Speaker 5: She's not doing this and happy about it because they're paying for college. She's doing it because she kind of likes it.
Speaker 1: Do you think she does kind of like it?
Speaker 4: I agree with any I think yeah, she does like it.
Speaker 5: Flora, now she knows she does go into Richard office and called Laura Lai and says, oh, I'm at a party with a bunch of boys. This is what they've done. And Laura lies for Rory said, it's fine, it's fine.
Speaker 1: Who said that, isn't?
Speaker 5: Rory said, it's fine.
Speaker 1: I'm fine.
Speaker 5: Right, she kind of likes it, And you guys, we haven't gotten to the most important part of the episode. Rory. Now, at first, she's sort of just listening to them boringly talk about a Mercedes minute the minute logan shows up complete stud I really do want to spend ten minutes talking about Logan. She loves it. Logan shows up. He's a complete stud. He saves her from the borne.
Speaker 1: How happy were you when Logan showed up?
Speaker 5: It was like, I want to do a flaw.
Speaker 1: I did too. I actually stood up on a plot and they're like, yes, my wife's going like, what's what are you watching? I'm like gilmore girls. He goes really, she goes, sit down.
Speaker 5: He's a sun dude. They're going to have a sub party. That's how you make these parties fun. And you know what she realizes, Oh my god, he knows my grandparents. Yeah, and they love him.
Speaker 1: Oh, he's the coolest dude ever. Logan huns Burger is the coolest dude.
Speaker 5: They love Logan.
Speaker 1: He just handled everybody beautifully.
Speaker 4: It's funny watching this back. I've obviously mentioned this. I was team Jess, but like I'm not team Logan. But I really enjoy Logan, Like I could watch him all day and like his little like banter with Rory, Like it's so fun And I don't even think he needs to be like team Logan whatever, but you can like enjoy watching him and like the way he makes Rory feel like like you said, like it totally changed a dynamic like she was a new girl.
Speaker 1: He's He's offering the kind of banter that only Gilmore's can offer. Nobody else in Rory's life, outside of her mother and her grandparents, can offer that level of banter. And Logan steps in Bohm. They're hitting the ground running.
Speaker 5: At the scene at the end, Look what he did. She he didn't. First of all, he didn't even know she had a boyfriend, so he wasn't cause in trouble right out, and the incident happens with Dean. Logan's not in ass about it. He comes over and just the way, that's why Matt Zewgree is so amazing. It's his face, it's his mannerism.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that had to hit him a little bit, you know, in the heart. When she said I have a boyfriend. He didn't flinch.
Speaker 5: No, when he says it'll be okay or he says he'll I can't tell if he said it'll be okay or he'll be okay. And he puts his arm around her and takes her in. He's took a rescue. And the boys aren't snarking. The boys look at her with sympathy, empathy. They all were like they weren't being souls. They were being so cool to this girl. I was into it.
Speaker 1: I just think it's great. I mean, Logan just has all these drunken wild animal friends and they're all rich, just loosen their minds all over the place, and it's funny. And then they go out to meet Dean. I mean, what a pack of animals to confront this blue truck.
Speaker 5: Oh it was so intimidated. But what a powerful scene. The fine scene of this, the final scene of this episode really sets us on our trajectory for the next couple seasons. Because Laura Laia is home. Now, we had a new angle. We were shooting her a couch at a new angle, and here's the ruckus outside, and she realizes, my kids into this. My kid likes these guys. She likes that Limo, she likes that tr she likes that life. She likes this.
Speaker 4: She's not happy about it.
Speaker 1: Why, it's like, let let her live her life. She's not at home anymore. She's not at home.
Speaker 4: She's that's really hard for Lorelei to well, of.
Speaker 1: Course it is, but she's got to grow up and just let her daughter make her own choices. She's twenty. You know, it's like it's time. I mean, it's like, look, she's going to get her heart. She's going to get her heart ripped out of her chest by you know, Jess Sore or Dean or you know, maybe she can have a little fun the next time before it gets ripped down a limo, some fun parties.
Speaker 4: Do you think you think it'd be different if she was partying with like random friends at school. But because she's partying with the people who Emily is friends with their parents, she's more upset. Because that's why I think that she was upset like.
Speaker 5: Or Li's upset, because she's Rory is in the Gilmour world now and she's.
Speaker 1: She's exceeded everybody's expectations. She's at Yale a year, she's in her sophomore year, and she's in the most exclusive private club in the United States. She's in Skull and Freaking Bones Man. But they're letting her into the inner Inner, Inner, Inner sanctum. All of these lunatics in the Bullhouse. These are going to be future Secretary of Defense. These are going to be heads of the most powerful Wall Street law firms. These are going to be the captains of industry or even presidents of the United States, and she's in that group. She's succeeded. She's succeeded Emily's and Richard's expectations just by being there.
Speaker 4: But Amy has a point that even though she has, that scene really set up Rory's future, and you'll see that, but it's just it's you forget that it's such a pivotal scene, like until you watch it back.
Speaker 1: You know what. I think. Here's what I think. You know what I think, And nobody wants to say this, and I'm gonna get smacked around. I don't care. I think loyalie jealous. I think Loural is jealous of her own kid. I do. I think that she sees what she could have had and she's seeing it through her daughter, and her daughter is serving it up on a silver platter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can see that, and I.
Speaker 1: Think that there's a little bit of jealousy here. So there you go. I'm just gonna leave that for you guys.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's something to what you're saying. And I think I think she she doesn't know how to feel about the fact that her daughter is really accepting the life she rejected, and it's she's not aligned with Rory. They don't see it the same way.
Speaker 1: I don't have to be.
Speaker 3: I think she's said, I think she had her like her partner in crime her whole life, you know, that thought like her loved, loved doing takeout, love watching the movies with her, loved doing all that stuff that she did, and was just like her, you know, And she didn't. She didn't have that with her mom. She was so different than her mom, right, And so she's like, I'm finally doing it right with my daughter. And now she's realizing her daughter is a lot like her mom, not not like personality wise, but with what she.
Speaker 1: Enjoys or that she's not you know, that she's not going to be with Rory the way she was. It's different now, it's changing, it's evolving. It's like she's with Luke now and her daughter's out of the house and making her own choices. And that's yeah, it's gotta be hard, sure, Yeah, Oh I.
Speaker 5: Just had a total aha, because she has just as much of a hard time as Emily, in the sense that Emily wants Laura I and Rory to be what Emily wants them to be, and on some level, Laura I wants Rory to be what she wants her to be.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't think Emily cares much about what Laurel I wants to be because she's given up hope. I think she's really focused on her Granda back.
Speaker 5: In the day.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yes, absolutely, yeah no, we as we stated, yes, I do.
Speaker 3: Think Laurla is doing everything she can by telling Rory, you know what they're trying to do, right, this is what they're trying to do, But she's not saying but come home now, you know, Like she's kind of like giving her the warning but also being like, but you're there, you know.
Speaker 5: Does that?
Speaker 3: Do you get what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 4: She's trying to give her hints but trying to also give her hints to make her own decision. But it's Laurelized decision.
Speaker 1: Does that make anymore?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Any more? This is this is uh, this.
Speaker 4: Is leaning her towards laurelized decision.
Speaker 1: Worries. Just all right, what's our favorite lines?
Speaker 4: That's the line of the episode.
Speaker 1: Uh, Tara, what's your favorite line?
Speaker 4: I have to agree?
Speaker 1: Just escarow okay, so okay, so really okay, So my favorite line was Emily screaming at the waiter when he said, will you take a look at her? And then she goes look at her? So that's Emily and said I fell off my couch. I rewound that five times and laughed even harder every single time. Love it all right, Tara, how many whatevers are you giving it? Announce your measuring stick before your designation point designation.
Speaker 4: Okay, so the item is going to be Tiaras, I'll give it a eight point nine.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good. That's kind of a drubbing, though, that's a little bit of a drubbing.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: You're cackling uncontrollably throughout this episode as I was.
Speaker 4: I mean, I enjoyed that. I think the I think the Lane stuff definitely took down some points for sure, the miss Kim Laye that.
Speaker 1: Holds ye Danielle. I will say, what measuring stick?
Speaker 3: I will say, oh, stolen champagne bottles. There you go eight point seventy five?
Speaker 1: Wow? Lower yeah, lower than.
Speaker 3: Than yeah, Tara, I agree, the exchange student and even some there's just a lot of cringe in this episode, but also like the Luke and Laureliz stuff was so good and TJ's that was so good. The Rory Dean logan I like, I liked all that was too much cringe in there for me.
Speaker 1: Gotcha, Amy, what's your measuring stick? And what is your point? De good? Please? What is your pointsgitation? Please?
Speaker 5: What stick? A k a skewers? Nine point nine?
Speaker 1: Wow? Wow, I'm right there with your sister. Uh huh uh huh okay, So I'm gonna use uh, I'm gonna use logan smirks. I like the logan smirk, right, that confidence smirk and Amy, I'm sorry, I'm gonna I'm gonna do you one better. It's a perfect ten for me. I'm sorry. And I gotta tell you, I was laughing so much, so often, so hard that the cringey stuff didn't bother me.
Speaker 5: Same same say.
Speaker 1: I recognized that it was cringey. Yeah, not, this isn't going to make me chuckle. But at least they were involving, you know, the second tier characters in a dramatic way and at least going for the comedy. And I think if you're in a different mood, or it's a different time of day or whatever, you would crack up at that stuff too. But I thought, just very very strong performances from everybody. This was for me, the funniest episode I've seen in the fight.
Speaker 5: One of my favorites. Yeah, that is a fair rating.
Speaker 1: All right, kudz, that's gonna wrap this one up. I don't know. This is top three episode for me. This might be my favorite episode so far. Just the laughs alone, I'll forgive it, the opening, I'll forget it, the cringey I I don't care. It's a laugh riot, funniest, funniest.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: It had more laughs per square inch than than any episode I've seen, so uh. Quite quite a quite an episode. Anyway, all right, all the best, thanks for downloaded. What's what's the next episode? What do we got here? We got the.
Speaker 3: Season five episode nine. Emily says hello.
Speaker 1: Emily says hello. We'll see you next time. Kids. Thank you for downloading all the best best fans on the planet bar none. See you next time, and just remember I am all in.
Speaker 7: Stay safe, hey everybody, and don't forget Follow us on Instagram at I Am all in podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 1: Oh you're Gilmore friends. If you're looking for the best cup of coffee in the world. Go to my website from my company, Scottip dot com s c O T. T y P dot com, scottip dot com Grade one Specialty Coffee