Speaker 1: Native Land Pod is a production of iHeartRadio in partnership with Recent Choice Media.
Speaker 2: Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome.
Speaker 3: Welcome home, y'all, Welcome home.
Speaker 4: We created this show to create a safe space, and that's so important as we navigate this political landscape, but also our personal landscape as well. So this is why we say welcome home at the beginning of every show and at the end of every show. We want you all to fill welcome Home.
Speaker 3: So it's been fifty.
Speaker 4: Nine an full episodes today sixty the mini pods. I hope y'all are listening to those. They drop every Monday. By the way, Maypod.
Speaker 3: And we did our live shows.
Speaker 4: So we did thirteen live shows, eight cities, Miami, New Orleans, Shytown, the d Scilla, d C.
Speaker 3: The dates.
Speaker 4: Wise, I call y'all don't like me saying that though Detroit, the atl Philadelphia, and.
Speaker 3: There was some city I can't even remember it.
Speaker 4: I don't even think, oh yeah, I wasn't starting to throw Andrew anyway. But we began by telling our stories, our truths. We began with testimony. So a lot of us, you guys have seen all of us on the different networks. We each can come from a different background and came together here because we, like you, noticed a dearth of voices and expertise that dishonored our truth. Still, so often what people talk about on these networks centers the comfort of white people, not just white people, but conservative white people. So we wanted to create a space for everyone where we could censor our lived experience.
Speaker 3: And it's really been a delight to go through all this.
Speaker 4: We talked about the outgoing administration, we shuddered it. Speaking about the incoming administration, we caught a lot of flak from folks, and listen, that's a part of it. Some of y'all disagree with us, and you waited and told us as much. But we also got some of y'all's in from our a man corner, which we greatly appreciate.
Speaker 5: That.
Speaker 4: Angela likes to say that she and I gotten our first fight, but I have to tell y'all it's our second.
Speaker 1: What was the first one?
Speaker 3: About the guy?
Speaker 4: I have to remind you that all the time when we were me and you and Sonny, we were.
Speaker 3: At lunch, it says this raggedy there.
Speaker 6: Was not a real argument.
Speaker 4: I wanted you to come somewhere and you were like, I'm not coming and you left.
Speaker 3: But anyway, I didn't like storm off.
Speaker 4: I know you did it, but you were like escalated, like and it don't matter. I was feeling protective of you. I know that time I was mad at you. Well, okay, I wish you were mad that time. It had come with me.
Speaker 3: Pulled me out, and he pulled me out.
Speaker 4: A year of reflection of the mistakes we made, okay, the mistakes that were made nameless.
Speaker 5: Anyway, Andrew Tiff and I got into our first argument. She said, it's our second, I said, our first of our nearly twenty year friendship.
Speaker 6: Andrew and I got in our two hundredth.
Speaker 1: Did you know did you fight?
Speaker 6: Andrewes, did y'all fight?
Speaker 1: I didn't fight anybody? Okay, I just you know, stood my ground well standard then right dangerous one Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the incoming president.
Speaker 4: We went through all of its ninety one criminal charges, and we talked about the bleach blonde.
Speaker 3: Bad built state of our union.
Speaker 4: We even got into the Kendrick Drake beef, which has since taken even more turns.
Speaker 3: I mean, I didn't know that.
Speaker 4: You could lose a rap beef so hard so many times teams. Yes, but that's you're taking another l like you still losing, like slim.
Speaker 3: Just go home, back to your corner. That's how it works. And then we're brody. What is it?
Speaker 4: I just said, brody, Yeah, exactly exactly. We talked about reparations to banning TikTok. We talked about legalizing weed, which I'm not really familiar with. I'm I'm indifferent on, but I know that's something that's important to you guys.
Speaker 3: You guys anyway, well it was legal in my house.
Speaker 4: So I liked our conversation on fatherhood, black fathers and why they matter, but also all your listener questions, your comments, we really appreciated. One of my favorite shows was the show that we did in Miami with Kim Blackwell at that conference, and what made it so amazing were the women in the audience.
Speaker 3: You know, it was a.
Speaker 4: Carefully curated group of people who were insightful and leaders and on the front lines in the private sector, in the public sector. Our our good sister Jill Taika Edie, who were thinking about this holiday season was with us, so just amazing time.
Speaker 3: We got into our own rat beefs at the d n C.
Speaker 4: No need to revisit that, but you can check out our mini pod on.
Speaker 3: Exactly we did.
Speaker 4: This is Angela's baby. She just really wanted to do the Congressional Black Caucus Foundations Annual Legislative Conference.
Speaker 3: A lot of you guys.
Speaker 4: Colloquially call it CBC week, but we were able to broadcast live from there. That was the last time they saw us in glam I think in this level of yeah, you know.
Speaker 5: We sorry, we deprived you exactly, wouldn't that be foss just randomly do a black side show like for no reason, like Yese lap are you could do a pocket square?
Speaker 6: Was there? Roland got some feathers ones that looked like some drawers.
Speaker 1: And we're not talking about Roland Martin, of course, but.
Speaker 6: Yes we are.
Speaker 3: We having so crazy. We love Roroad saved us at the DNC to.
Speaker 6: Shout out, never let us forget it.
Speaker 3: We love you.
Speaker 4: But one thing is for sure, speaking of Rolrod, because he's a part of our community. There will be no US without you. There will be no US without Community Connection Coalition. We are as different as the zip codes we live in, from the nation's capital to the Dirty South to what angel will called the best coast, and so yes and so and everything in between. We welcome you all in this space. So we said goodbye to twenty twenty four, and as we usher in twenty twenty five, we invite you, our Native Lampod family, to journey with us through our inaugural year, which would have meant nothing without each of you.
Speaker 3: We want to take a moment to thank you inaugural our inaugural year.
Speaker 1: The whole experience has been the one thing I didn't want but badly needed. And it takes, upon reflection to really consider that I could have stayed a hermit inside my own space and been just fine. I think until you get exposed to the fact that nah, I actually love people. I love my family, I love my community and Native Lampod I think did that for me And finality, there would not have been a show without all of you. We couldn't be what we needed to be. But for you, including those of you who disagreed, in fact, in some ways, especially those of you who disagreed on various perspectives, you kept it you know, classy, You clipt it real in your own ways, and you policed each other when it was necessary and so for that, I just want to extend heartfelt Native lampod thank you to every single one of you who helped to own and create and continue to populate this space. Happy New Year.
Speaker 4: So I want to thank iHeart Colonel Will and Carrie Connell, Will and Carrie Colonel and I have a private inside joke where I call him Colonel.
Speaker 3: He doesn't know about it, but he does. Thank you, Connell.
Speaker 4: And thank you to the pod Father Chris Morrow and Leonard, who you guys know as Charlemagne the God. To our production team Lauren, Nick and Lolo, to our video production team Mark, Ena and Dylan who have held us down without our last minute request and traveling, So shout out to you guys, our social media crew Camera, Anda and Chloe, and well I.
Speaker 1: Call her a and she doesn't know yet, but now you do.
Speaker 4: It's on my take on Strange because she's always so fly and fash. But Ange our breakfast Club fam Uh for collabing with the US, and all the guests and hosts and everybody who's come on and everyone who has worked on the show, and every city for every live show, and the places we had to go along the way, all the friends we made along the way. So we love you all, we thank you, and welcome home y'all.
Speaker 5: All right, so we asked y'all to let us know what your favorite episodes were from this last year. We can't play them all today, but please make sure you check out the episode description for the full list of best of episodes selected by you.
Speaker 1: Also, Yeah, exhausting, fine, but.
Speaker 5: A very very eventful year with this podcast. So let's take a look at some of our best moments.
Speaker 1: I went into the most republican part of Florida. I went to the most Republican precinct in the entire country twice, three times on the campaign trail. Not because I thought I was going to convert the people living in that ultra right wing place. It's because all those places there are people who can still relate to our experience, what we're trying to do, our story, and even if they don't hook line sinkle on every single major issue I want to move forward. They had enough to believe that I believed in it, and so they went and they casted a ballot for me. I think it doesn't make sense.
Speaker 3: Don't spend no ad money it.
Speaker 1: It doesn't make sense for me to walk right past them, casting the dispersion that everybody who lives in that area believes that way, and that's why I shouldn't. I know, that's not what you're saying, Katie Well.
Speaker 3: Now we are now all.
Speaker 4: We've gotten agreements that note, Oh my god.
Speaker 6: No, it's not.
Speaker 3: It's funny because even exhausted.
Speaker 4: When we were in Atlanta and Kim Blackwell was talking about Katie Yeah, and me and Angela instinctively soon that she said white women, we.
Speaker 1: Were both like Andrew sympathizing Andrew.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like you need to talk to Andrew.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just like she said it. I wasn't on an island alone.
Speaker 5: Are a lot of people they were in dragging both of us in the comments about it.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna stick by Katrina, as I said in that CLUBB.
Speaker 7: Don't put me on the opposite side of Katrina at all.
Speaker 1: I love Katrina.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're surrounded.
Speaker 4: I say, you went for office and you understood that you had to coaliious Bill. I think that's the point, And honestly, I mean, it was a funny moment, but I think that there are conversations to have around that. I think I don't want to speak for Angela. But I think what we feel is that's not our ministry, that's somebody else's ministry. And I would love to see white women take up the ministry to talk to their own people, and like, I'm not here to save you, you know, like you benefit from me saving myself. I ain't out here trying to save you.
Speaker 1: I'm to save anybody. I do want our people to win, and I want our policies to prevail. And I just think, you know, part of two ay twenty five. I think I said this on less show for me is going to be the listening part and how we cultivate a space where we hear a lot more of what's happening so that we're not so shocked by by these consequent outcomes.
Speaker 6: Do you all think that you've pivoted much from that moment?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Andrew, what about you? No?
Speaker 6: I think I'm worse.
Speaker 5: Like now I'm like dex double extra you and furthermore, like, don't invite me. There were so many women after the election, Black women were talking about being invited to these convenings to talk to I'm not going, I don't care talk to each other.
Speaker 6: Please talk to each other.
Speaker 5: Show you.
Speaker 1: Say it when they are talking to each other, which is why I'm thinking somebody needs to be in the space to recover it.
Speaker 3: To forty eight percent.
Speaker 4: Need to talk to the fifty two percent because I honestly I don't understand their sensibilities. You know how there are things in our community that are unspoken but understood. Yes, we could have me and Anel have a whole conversation right now and not say a word. Yep, and somebody walk in this room. We could definitely like she know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I know she should happen at the DNC right exactly.
Speaker 3: I feel like they got their own language.
Speaker 5: Got that's out of order now, Nick, But just it goes with the fluff receive.
Speaker 4: Doug em Hooff because the first time Vice President Senator Harris ran there were people anyway.
Speaker 1: Even if they even if they don't, even if they don't, I believe that they were. I believe that black men receive her. I am enough. You know how sometimes they get y'all, y'all, we're gonna be here nothing. Let's move on. What I'm saying is I can talk about anyway. You know what we believe. I believe.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, No, we cannot.
Speaker 4: Can I just ask the audience, can we evolve?
Speaker 5: Do we enemies? I mean, I forgive people. From the standpoint of Andrew is so trying to make no, I don't want to go down this point.
Speaker 3: I wonder what we.
Speaker 4: Come a bear, Stay away from.
Speaker 3: Me, brother.
Speaker 5: I love you, but just know that this is paid up pay back from that Fox.
Speaker 3: News interview, that moment Andrews. I just want to say, I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: I forgive people, and I can love you from a distance, and you're welcome to vote on this ticket. But one thing I will never forget is when I was at the National Action Network conference and her ass got up there and said that at the name of Donald Trump, every niche a bell. So I'm glad that somebody gave Omarosa a credential to come to this conference, to this convention, and for her to be taking pictures of the podcast.
Speaker 6: Hope that she's I hope that she live streaming so she can hear this.
Speaker 5: Shout out girl, post the picture and see the comments, because I will never forget you're doing that. Andrew was making a great point about the importance.
Speaker 1: No forget it, no, but I would know your co was real which was I know, but we're down here. We do seven.
Speaker 6: Minutes over time because we want to hear you.
Speaker 1: I know we're not going over time. This will be simple. You said whether or not black man can receive him in this way, and my point was, it doesn't matter if we do or don't. We receive her, and I think that it is enough to be for her that we will show up, show out, vote, and see her elevated to the presidency. I don't think it's a petty negro somewhere who may harbor just whatever resentment may exist as a related why you know what I picked y'all up. I think you're secretly this woman. I think you might, you mightn't. I don't know anybody here, keep yours.
Speaker 3: First of all, Andrew.
Speaker 1: Finished shining off.
Speaker 4: First of all, Andrew, ain't nobody jealous, But is the point I imagine being part of the eight percent of black women who helped this man ascend to power, and man trying to scurry your ass back on this side of the line.
Speaker 3: I want you.
Speaker 4: I want you part of my epigraph. Okay, I'm going to remember, but ever, every trader who stood out here gonna bow down, pretty much.
Speaker 6: Said down every nichell bow.
Speaker 5: I think that speaking of the conversations that can be had without saying a word, even though we did say some word. But first it was the eyes because I was like, you know, but I guess.
Speaker 1: Of course, Anne of that was known to me. I was just in.
Speaker 3: The middle of making a point, so I apologize.
Speaker 1: It's all good.
Speaker 3: I love you.
Speaker 6: He's like, poor girl.
Speaker 1: Got the skull pulled back on show. She couldn't even defend herself.
Speaker 5: She's fine, She's still making random cable news appearances. Nonetheless, I just I think that there is something about when people show up for opportunity, you can smell it on them.
Speaker 6: And she was the only one. We talked about some others of the d n C as well.
Speaker 1: Who need not be mentioned.
Speaker 4: We got a lot of drama at the d n C because there was also this moment.
Speaker 5: The point is we saw crazy eyes on the floor, and crazy Eyes when I saw him, I said, tip, that's him, and then Tiff said, watch you.
Speaker 3: There's no time girls.
Speaker 4: I told y'all, I've been ready, and Peaches and her came out.
Speaker 5: Also, what about TIFF's new favorite holiday Andrew.
Speaker 1: Oh, my favorite hometown.
Speaker 3: Today we're not going to work in augusta hotel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my wife's hometownd Montgomery.
Speaker 6: What's that?
Speaker 3: God actual.
Speaker 4: Oppressed that happy one year anniversary? You guys one year ago on August fifth, twenty twenty three, the infamous or famous, depending on how you look at it, Montgomery Boat Brawl went down. We have dubbed it a holiday August teenth, and that was to be visited audio and I have watched that. I could reenact the whole thing. Probably. I have watched that tape about thirty times when I'm frustrated. I watched that tape. It was such a moment of unity amongst us.
Speaker 1: Collective.
Speaker 4: Yes, it was a collective impact, and I really think that's how we have to move as a community. You mess with one, you mess with all. I don't care if I don't know you. If I see something going down, I'm coming over my phone ready to hear what happened with everything?
Speaker 3: Okay? Over here?
Speaker 4: I think people have to know because you only see white people act like that when they are not outnumbered.
Speaker 3: Then it's real gully.
Speaker 4: But if they know, I can't go over here and start messing with this little boy, because every black mama around is gonna come over here and make sure this child is okay. Or I can't go over here messing with this girl or call her out her name or harass her, because I know every black person around is gonna come and make sure she's okay. That is the superpower of our community. So I know a lot of jokes, a lot of memes and all that was made around this video.
Speaker 1: They're worthy.
Speaker 4: It was worthy, some of those voiceovers. I still, I still. I hope y'all want to take a little time and watch it and celebrate. What do we ever go to.
Speaker 3: Work on August fifth?
Speaker 4: But can we declare now just for our viewer, so everybody knows, are we going to work on August fifth?
Speaker 3: Do we work on August? I say no, I think especially and Donald drum Samarica.
Speaker 4: Ain't no way still if you're not deported this as well, I dare him to try to deport.
Speaker 1: Us back birth birth birth is insane.
Speaker 6: He's trying to take us back to dred Scott.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, well I'm declaring here. August fifth is a national holiday.
Speaker 6: Powers Invested in Her.
Speaker 4: Which is an official part of the executive branches of government.
Speaker 3: Now things are agency, the.
Speaker 1: Native we just don't get to the means.
Speaker 4: They never send the not you know, one of our own meetings and the Internal Meeting Department are hereby declared August fifth is a national holiday.
Speaker 3: Happy August teenth to you.
Speaker 1: Is our man.
Speaker 6: You have to call in sick, It's okay, it's still holiday.
Speaker 1: Happens, yes, and we will.
Speaker 4: We will record a message for you on that day, and if you do stay home on that day, send us a video. We'd like to know how you plan on spending your August fifth and shout out to the people there.
Speaker 6: This is for real.
Speaker 4: I'm not even being silly. I want to shout out the community because to me, that's what it was about. And I think if y'all didn't get this message before, because we've declared it. I want people to understand when somebody comes to you, when you see one of these katies and Karen's acting a fool, they only act like that when they are not outnumbered, and so.
Speaker 3: You they have to start to understand.
Speaker 4: I don't have to know you. If I see you addressing this black person in a way that seems to be put in their life at danger, I'm gonna get all up in the mix. I'm gonna have my phone recorded. I'm coming over to see what happened, because you ain't talking to him, you're.
Speaker 5: Talking to us speaking of coming to see what happened. Remember when Tiff has something to say about community peen, I don't recall it doesn't recall.
Speaker 4: Let's higher bartenders like it was an all girl shabang. So he's literally the only man there, and we're all like, why.
Speaker 3: Is he here? Like what's happening? And so she says, is there a place where I can go get changed? And we're all like, okay. And also these people look pretty familiar to us, but we can't quite place it. But it's DC, so you know, everybody look familiar there, but we've they're like we've seen them in the spots before. Okay.
Speaker 4: So the girl comes out and she's now like in a little neglige a and the guy is nude.
Speaker 3: Okay, And she proceeds to then give us a life instruction. You guys, she.
Speaker 4: Was verbally talking through it and perform me okay, but I am so uncomfortable.
Speaker 6: Because not now I am okay.
Speaker 3: I want you to know, before.
Speaker 4: Before I told this story, I gave them a previous said I just want you to know my stories going about this.
Speaker 3: They said, no, tell no one.
Speaker 4: It was gonna be like you went to a porn concert. Okay, Well, I really don't appreciate telling this story. If you're talking about a cat and angel talking about communion.
Speaker 5: We okay, you were saying that this was something happened at an event and it was gonna be like heard on the hill kind of scooped.
Speaker 6: I didn't know that we was gonna be dropped into a to be porno.
Speaker 1: I didn't know.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, you know what?
Speaker 1: That was fine? I felt really g rated after giving our story talking about church and I'm talking about churches. Schizophrenic cat do I said, schizo, not saphantic.
Speaker 6: It's okay either way.
Speaker 5: Either way, Tiff had the nerve to be mortified after noting everything that.
Speaker 1: Was.
Speaker 6: That was a lot I gave y'all all the kid probably know how.
Speaker 1: Surprise, but your honesty, thank you. It was frigging nuts blugging crazy.
Speaker 5: Well, but there's another there's another, you know, risk side of tip for those who don't indulge be dark. We had know we had an episode about we the people, and since she says that marijuana is legalized in High House and we don't run this two.
Speaker 1: But tell us where do you stand as we approach for twenty?
Speaker 4: Well this may shock you, oh, legalization of marijuana. Listen, if you're watching this on a Saturday.
Speaker 1: Every time you're watching this.
Speaker 4: This Saturday, happy for twenty to you. Saturday is the day that weed smokers unite, I would say in one big puff puff path communion. But before you celebrate that sticky iky, I think it's important that you.
Speaker 3: Know before.
Speaker 4: I'm actually I'm actually curious how this administration will handle the legalization of marijuana.
Speaker 1: Well, he was for it in Florida.
Speaker 4: A lot of his voters like that. That is an issue that is not partisan. It transcends every economics, socio economy.
Speaker 1: A federal level is still where even though during the Biden administration we saw some classification reduction of the significance, still federally you can't have commerce in federal banks.
Speaker 3: They put state governments at odd with the federal government.
Speaker 1: Individuals, we're traveling and we're trying to figure out what the law is in every particular place and so forth. You know that DNC thing went off because you know.
Speaker 3: When our friend came through ye, we thought we was in a.
Speaker 1: State proper federal yes, yeah, and we're all in trouble.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: I hope that they changed that though, because for Republican Party, especially who purports to be in favor of small government and who purports to support state rights, well, this is one where you can merge the two and say, you know what, let's just make it legal. So stay tuned, we'll see.
Speaker 5: And then what about when Tiff was the resident sports expert and I had to ask her, where where did Brett Favre play?
Speaker 1: Tiff?
Speaker 6: I love you, I want to talk about Brett Favre. Tiff.
Speaker 5: I know you're a resident sports experts, so you know what NFL team this man Wents played for.
Speaker 3: Okay, let me just.
Speaker 4: Say I was reading the Times and they did a whole article on it, so I know that he played for the Tennessee To type, oh right now.
Speaker 3: About green Bank? I could how about green Back?
Speaker 5: What we were just trying to demonstrate for you all is how easy it is for people in influential positions who cover the media to be also swayed by misinformation.
Speaker 6: That was just an exercise. Do not try this at home and scene.
Speaker 5: You google it later, but our resident sports expert does know down on the inside.
Speaker 3: That's how you need to know. That's all y'all need to know.
Speaker 5: Okay, so where are we going from here? You guys, you guys want to go to emotional or intense lol, emotion.
Speaker 4: Or Something that we played that I had a serious challenge with was the clip from of the Black Peace people.
Speaker 3: Talking about voting for track people Trump Bider? Why you say that the business man he's gonna think and Biden is a racist?
Speaker 1: Who do you think has done more for the black community? Trump? Bider. I ain't even see Biden yet.
Speaker 4: I know Trump was out, he was at bro he was God.
Speaker 8: That's why he fuilt has Wall Michael being everything. And you know we've been here for all the time and can't get a free Hamburger and they come here get all the ship. And I'm saying, so that's why I say, yeah, Biden, he ain't doing he shit. So but Trump, I would feel that he will be the better person to get in Biden.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what my challenge was as a journalist, have to remind myself we're not in the newsroom. And what I was saying is like we hadn't independently verified this footage and Fox you know it is not a trusted source.
Speaker 1: And when we played it in the show, you and I had an immediate action that show.
Speaker 3: Oh you want to show that? What I'm saying, yeah, let's let's take a look at that. Now this reminded people.
Speaker 4: I don't think honestly, I don't think we should play I don't think. Yeah, I don't think any of I don't know. I wouldn't I didn't know that.
Speaker 6: I want I want to play some of it.
Speaker 1: I do not want to play what part because it's a whole commercial ridiculous because it sounds like propaganda.
Speaker 4: Yes, one hundred, But then you were pushing back in roal time, so I don't remember. The compromise was we played a tiny bit. We cut it down significantly.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think in reflection for me, I see more now post the election, the value of of hearing just the what felt like ludicrosity. I don't know if that's a word. I'm making it up, but it felt ludicrous, you know, at the time, and I knew there were elements of sentiment. I just wasn't prepared to buy what I had seen in that video. And the truth is is I think that probably was a sentiment, if not to that extreme versions of it that replayed itself all throughout the cycle that culminated and obviously what we saw in the elections outcome.
Speaker 4: I don't know if that's what we saw in the elections outcome yet, but I think for me, it wasn't that the idea that these people may not exist. It was we don't know who these people are. It is a random collection. There is no follow up. We don't know are you a registered voter? Where did this footage come from?
Speaker 9: Like?
Speaker 4: Who are these people? So it wasn't necessarily like, no, it's not true. We shouldn't acknowledge their people out there. It is before we platform something, we have to it's responsible to verify who are these people, where.
Speaker 3: Did it come from.
Speaker 4: We've seen networks get caught out there in that, which I think has led to the erosion of public trust in media, where they do these panels of independent voters and then you find out, oh, but this person is a Trump organizer. We didn't know if these people were paid.
Speaker 3: Anything like that.
Speaker 4: So I would have like the conversation we had in Atlanta where we ask, and we're hearing from you right in our face directly, we can ask follow up questions, well, how do you feel?
Speaker 3: So it wasn't the issue of shouldn't.
Speaker 1: We being shared?
Speaker 3: Right? It was is this the appropriate way?
Speaker 6: When?
Speaker 4: I don't know where this even came from, But I think the bigger debate that a lot of people might have, which I think you and I've had on and off air, should we be talking to those people? I've never felt like we shouldn't be. I've always said I shouldn't be. That's not a valuable way for me to spend my time. I think you have more tolerance to talk to people who may feel that way, and I can be a bit like, yeah, I don't really even like if you don't care enough this whole question about what Kamala Harris that would do with black people, and you ain't even care enough to google that shit before you ask something that done.
Speaker 1: That's not the same her opponent the same question.
Speaker 4: Precisely, precisely so for me, that's not my ministry to do that. You know it isn't, But I'm not saying that ministry shouldn't.
Speaker 1: Exist for me.
Speaker 5: I saw that sentiment so much and I remember in twenty sixteen feeling there, and I've talked about it the show, very cocky, very Hillary gone, you know, Molly wopped his hole, like not thinking at all that it was going to be a contest. And so this time, because remember that episode aired when Joe Biden was still in the race, it was feeling very much like it was going in the direction of twenty sixteen. To me, it did not feel like twenty twenty. So I'm like, here are the things that I'm hearing from the randos in my family. My god brother was talking about supporting Trump until they came after his godsister. So I was hearing this stuff and I ain't give it Dan where it came from. I was hearing that so consistently, not as much as it got when we got closer to after Kamala was leading the ticket. Then I'm like, how are you staying Black people still supporting this? To like, you got your sister and they was like, hey, my sister.
Speaker 6: So I'm like, I'm so confused about this. But I wanted to be I didn't want to be open to.
Speaker 5: The perspective so that it persuaded me, but I wanted to be be sensitive, sensitive enough to hear it, because I wasn't at all in sixteen.
Speaker 3: So that was And I think that's the question.
Speaker 4: Be curious if if you're curious about it for yourself, I want to I want to understand what you're saying. It's a different bucket than I'm going to platform this, you know, And.
Speaker 1: I think we had to think that video. I do think we had to platform the perspective. That's because I think it was real and the otherwise is to bury our head. But I think your point is obviously on that particular yeah point in this show, we had not platformed that perspective.
Speaker 5: Understand what's the way to platform it if it's not, because that's not our perspective.
Speaker 6: So do we bring in the Trump support.
Speaker 1: What they have to say?
Speaker 4: Thank you the guy in the audience in Atlanta who was talking about what he he had like some organization, young.
Speaker 1: Man he comes into contact with every week and basically is what the me is and we don't feel seen her. That is like to me, this guy's directly in front of us. The video of course, again it just felt like propaganda. It felt like they had spiced together a bunch of and by the way, these could have been real sentiments by real people expressed to me. Felt a little selling.
Speaker 5: Get that different too, because I've done men or women on the street like I did my my you know, do you know your black facts?
Speaker 6: And did do you know your politics? And walked up to people in the same way.
Speaker 1: So I didn't see that, But the randomness of that made me feel like there was no one you came in contact with who was black. We had a different perspective than the one you put in this video.
Speaker 6: And so it was in Chicago even more so.
Speaker 3: Then I think that reflects the difference in our backgrounds, you know.
Speaker 1: But also three hundred thousand fewer or maybe half a million fewer people Democrats voted in the city of Chicago.
Speaker 5: This is what I'm trying to tell you, Like, well, a lot of there were a lot of twenty twenty period, but twenty six I get.
Speaker 1: But overall still I want to see thember.
Speaker 5: From twenty sixteen to twenty twenty four, just you know, just for that contrast. But I'm telling you there are members of Congress who have talked to before that we aired the video here and now who are overwhelmed by the number of black people who said they were either going to stay home or voting for Trump, all because of the migrant stuff, which was also propaganda.
Speaker 3: And yes, and I'm not saying that's not.
Speaker 5: People's real lived experience, but the way that it's being packaged and they force fed to us so that there's no room for nuance.
Speaker 4: Across social media and everything. But again, I just want to be crystal clear, it wasn't the sentiment I was applying newsroom sensibility and journalists where this isn't a newsroom, you know. But I think I always want to be very careful what I put out to people and know if I'm ever showing you something it's been veted. I made call, I've done it. This it did look like like Project veritized.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, check out a clip that we know what may up because it happened right here on the show. But nowhere near the government of the United.
Speaker 5: States been sitting down in the Old Office with the president what they have had, were letting down with the president.
Speaker 1: Can this man is guys, this isn't that. That's not the point. All I'm saying is we can go off.
Speaker 6: The the point.
Speaker 3: We can we can let me hear and let me.
Speaker 1: Hear what you have to say, Andrew, you can go off the cliffs clip and never ever ever get power again. You can, you can, you can. That isn't where we are because we have the beginning, he said, this was the last Angela. Angela, you are smart. However, your wisdom does not supplant that of all of the American people who went out and voted. And unfortunately I've had to subject myself to the same damn thing. You don't think I'm hurt. I felt awful, I felt humiliating. I'm going to finish my point. I guess what. We've known each other a long time. I mean, y'all, this woman dated my very best friend since.
Speaker 7: I mean my best friend since that point, you know, and after law school between That's all I'm simply saying is I've had a moderating me.
Speaker 1: Still living, We're still breathing. There's always opportunity. Listen. The point being, disagreement don't equal the end of a friendship or relationship, a love deep leadership. And I don't mean just anthemy between Angela and myself. I mean that fertifany and any other disagreements that occur on this platform, I think What surprises me about people's reaction to our disagreement is that I think they conclude that it's like, you know how I remember those bands when we were younger, and we were like, there was such great music. I was a super fan, and then all of a sudden we hear they broke up and nobody ever knows why they broke up because their stuff didn't necessarily play out publicly. Well, we're not those bands, and you're not going to turn on the TV and there's a breakup, you know, in quite that way. But it people feel uncomfortable. Well, no, people feel uncomfortable about our disagreements to the point where I've heard people say, look, I just fast forward through it, or I turn it off and I'll pick up the next episode, or you know, something like that. And I love your care. But I do think that people need to be able to see disagreements happen. They also need to see reconciliation happens. That disagreements don't mean finality to anything until someone says it's final, and even then there's room for negotiation if they still draw breath, is my belief. But I think there is discomfort about it. Reason why I don't feel complete discomfort.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 1: What you may not have the benefit of looking at it is the personal conflict that exists on any regular day in and out of it. Right. That's another reason why I'm skeptical when people say, well, I would have done such and such and such and that situation because you're I would have done is absent our experiences up to this point. So you're I would have done will look different than mine because we don't share the same experience to this moment. But that is okay for that to happen, and it's okay for it to happen out loud and for us to be able to reconcile that. But I think that reconciliation also really should be out loud, just as the conflict is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think the thing that's funny to me about like our fights, is there's always this I say to people, like even outside, they're like.
Speaker 6: That Andrew Man, he like, I can say this about Andrew.
Speaker 5: I don't know you, Like, what are you talking about? So I'll be like, just so we're clear, Andrew's not wrong. Andrew is like the eternal diplomat. He is always going to find some good in some person. Somewhere somehow. Now, every now and then it's somebody that.
Speaker 1: Crossed the diplomat piece. It's not a it's not a I'm not trying to fit my perspective to a role. It is what I feel.
Speaker 6: That's what I'm not. Let me let me be. I'm not saying that. I'm not saying that he's trying to fit a role. What I'm saying this is actually.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm saying. I'm not saying that it's performative at all. I'm just saying that Andrew is. I said this on the show. Andrew is a new Testament Christian. I am very old testament right until about turning the other cheak. I'll turn another cheek once and then you get slapped back. So it's and I will slap you harder for Andrew and Tiff.
Speaker 3: That's the other thing.
Speaker 6: So it's like I will I don't mind.
Speaker 5: People being involved in those parts of our conversations or even the conflict, or even picking sides.
Speaker 6: But when you go low on one of these two, I'm going lower. I promise you to platform can meet you.
Speaker 5: I'm backside, so no, but I will just say I think the thing that I appreciate about our conflict.
Speaker 6: Even when y'all let me yell.
Speaker 3: There was a there was a.
Speaker 6: Show we did where TIF was like, but why are you yelling? I said, I'm not hard or whatever.
Speaker 5: I said, I'm screaming, And it is you learn in therapy like some of these things go back to like childhood and you ain't feel heard somewhere.
Speaker 6: And I'm still clearly working through sixth grade.
Speaker 1: But you're not the only one. What I know about people and I know about myself is oftentimes when we are in argument, the thing that is driving and fueling what it feels like the passion of the real energy there sometimes isn't the thing we're talking about. Sometimes it's something else. And all of that, at least for me, I have allowance for to a point, as we all have things to a point. But I think in our community particularly, we have to be able to show that disagreement doesn't mean finality, it doesn't mean the end.
Speaker 6: Do you know.
Speaker 5: The only other thing I want to say about this is this Joe Biden having Donald Trump in the White House thing.
Speaker 3: I still feel.
Speaker 5: Strongly about that because here's the only reason why, and it's maybe it's not the only here's the biggest reason why we literally were telling people the entire cycle, and I believe this still, that democracy was at stake and you can't say that the entity or the person in all of their backing that is behind this is now safe.
Speaker 3: And that is what you like.
Speaker 6: It's almost like he.
Speaker 5: Was welcoming him into America's home, one that taxpayers pay for and all that. You still may disagree, I get it, but I'll just say, like it may, I was mad at him because I felt like in so often we are forced to defend Joe Biden when Joe Biden I don't feel like has always protected us or even like like even with pardons and you know, all these things like the cash for Kids guy and all that, like all of that, and we're forced to defend you when you shouldn't be defended.
Speaker 6: And I'm just beyond it. And I think I've been beyond it for probably about four years, but I just I've never I can't anyway.
Speaker 1: So we still disagree, but that's the nature of it. Keep tuning in if do you still disagree.
Speaker 3: With him inviting him in the White House?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, yeah, Well, do we have to build consensus again on the to this next clip.
Speaker 6: He's over it. Let's roll this clip from Sarah Huckabee Sanders.
Speaker 9: You can walk into a room like this where people cheer when you step onto the stage, and you might think for a second that you're kind of special. Then you go home and your kids remind you very quickly you're actually not that big.
Speaker 5: Of a deal.
Speaker 3: So my kids keep me humbled.
Speaker 9: Unfortunately, Kamala Harris doesn't have anything keeping her humble.
Speaker 4: Wow, I want to say some bad words.
Speaker 5: I really do, Tiff, And I think it's crazy because when I watched that the first time, I wasn't emotional, just angry now, like knowing my own IVF journey and what I've been.
Speaker 6: Through and to be childless, and it's not by choice.
Speaker 4: It's just mean.
Speaker 6: It's just it's really mean. And I just wish that.
Speaker 5: When they go through this journey of what it means to birth people, you know in this country, how much of a struggle it is, how much of a blind eye they turn to black maternal health or maternal health period with the blind eye they turned to the kids. Tipulate out all the data, Andrew you laid out the data, the personal experience you and Tip's own connection as children.
Speaker 3: To this issue.
Speaker 5: We have got to have a more holistic, nonpartisan approach to policy making for children and people who desire to have children, and you should not shame people who did not, who chose not.
Speaker 3: Or who can not have kids. I feel the same.
Speaker 1: I just cruelty was the point.
Speaker 3: Cruelty, that's the point.
Speaker 1: Cruelty was the point, and they're just cruel Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think that there are a lot of ways that if we could take a step back. My mom always talks about perspective taking and that being the greatest skill we can learn in life. I think our politics would be more friendly, our workplaces would be more friendly places of how our learning would be if we only took a step out of our shoes and into, you know, the shoes of others.
Speaker 1: Problem is the majority, the governing, the majority that exists. They don't have the they have the freedom never to have to look at it from another perspective. When your decision's final, when your decision is the one that will rule the day every time, why do I have to take a moment to hear where you come from. I do think that is an incredibly helpful skill, and there's one that we've all had to had to deepen into, not just develop, but really deepen into in professional work environments to have our way. Our listeners will relate to that they know what it means to go into a room that is opposed, and not just opposed, don't care enough to be opposed, but they care enough that their perspectives still will rule the day. So how do we communicate to a people to stop you where you are, say open your eyes and just see me clearly for a moment. And maybe if you see me and hear me clearly for a moment, you can understand the passion I bring to why that thing is so important. And if they care about you at a personal level, maybe maybe you reach them. But I just I don't have a belief that Donald Trump, his crew and the like are ever going to take a pause and say, I wonder how that lands with how that sits with them if we do that. But I've never had that hope for them, So it doesn't happen. Now, okay, moment the only thought I had as I walked, thank you Jesus. There are no cameras, No one will ever see me this way. They can describe it, but my kids won't ever see these chains. It was the biggest source of embarrassment for me because I remember back to that story of me telling you all that I never wanted to make my mom cry for me get into trouble. It's all I could think of her seeing me. So they weren't there, and we go through the proceedings and the judge says, this is the United States of America versus Andrew Gill. I mean I wish, I wish I hadn't felt so emotional and expressive about it, but that was real. Why for me? Well, I mean it, you always in retrospect, I think sometimes are always like could I have said that and just said it and not have felt like I come? You know, I came apart.
Speaker 5: But I don't think it's so good you did that, Like I I honestly andrew it till I want to hear.
Speaker 3: What you said. Because this is a production group up.
Speaker 5: I guess I think it would be so dope for Andrew to have a show with folks who are like recovering politicians or who lost the race that they shouldn't have or whatever, where they are like, okay, now what do I do? And like the grief that hits you after the election because the voters are all like, I don't know what I'm gonna do now that you lies, You're like, bitcha, what about men?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 5: So I think it would be such a good conversation with him and others who have gone through that experience.
Speaker 6: I'm glad not that you came apart, but I'm glad that you were vulnerable.
Speaker 3: Enough to open up.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, no, I mean it was what it was.
Speaker 3: If you don't want him to do that, I want him to do that show.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think what would be interesting is even if it was somebody who lost the race and then later went on to win a race. It's about you know, what you did after defeat, So it doesn't have to be you know, people who aren't currently in public office, they might still be in public office. I think that's a good show.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, I think the journey for all of this matters, which can apply to anybody in any sector, just happens to be a lot more public when you lose. The only thing I reflect on is the number of people who still you know, tell me how hurt and you know, mad or sad or disappointed because I always think like, do you really think that you are more that than I? Uh, they might they may think.
Speaker 3: They may think that, yeah, they.
Speaker 1: May think think the cost has been born largely by my household and people who I see and care, you know, care the most about.
Speaker 5: So that being said, sorry, this is I hope I won't be down a rabbit hole. But just one thing I thought about they after losing. I still say that. I know I probably sound like a trumper. I don't really care. I don't think Andrew really lost it. They would have counted all the ballots, but after losing, they then went on to indict you mm hmm, what do you think would have happened if you were in the governor's mansion?
Speaker 1: Have come sooner?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was inevitable.
Speaker 1: I think they they were out to period.
Speaker 6: To humiliate, like they would have all all the layers of it, all the layers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you thought about that.
Speaker 4: Oh I thought we talked about that, not on the podcast when it was like a ran and it wasn't a long conversation, but I remember telling you because somebody left a comment on YouTube.
Speaker 3: It was kind of mean, but I appreciate what they were trying to say.
Speaker 4: It was after you guys argued about the the Joe Biden walk, and Andrew's point was, I don't want to see what your point was, but you at some point in that conversation made the point like we pick up and we go on. And somebody made a comment and said, not Andrew telling us to pick up and go on when he still hasn't gotten back out there to help save us from this maniac in Florida. And there's so many comments like that, like what you out here doing? Podcasts like you see what's going? And Obama tweeted something during the Trump administration, and I will paraphrase the response, but he tweeted some random thing like oh today is like MLK, Dame Michelle and I are celebrated.
Speaker 3: And somebody responded to said, Ninja help.
Speaker 1: You know I get away. And I've shared with you privately and otherwise that I get that people. I feel I understand it to be sincere. But we're all very selfish in our in our own ways. And I keep when I have to compare whatever time I'm taking from my own repair work to the fact that I've been elected for more time that I've been on this earth, yes, than the total time I've been on this earth that that it has subtracted.
Speaker 6: It's so damn shallow.
Speaker 4: Today I've been elected for more times.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean if I went back to that's to a public book. But I mean, yeah, to be in service for as long as I don't have a memory outside. Yeah, yeah, since third grade?
Speaker 3: Third grade?
Speaker 1: Excuse me, no, I mean I've just made you think about it.
Speaker 3: In leadership running.
Speaker 1: Say to you, which is you're the leader. You have to be out there, you have to set the example. You have to do this, You have to do that. Those lessons have been imputing me from They're almost the only ones that I can really have real memory of. And so I get the sincerity of you might be contributing this way all most don't even say that you may not be. You may be contributing because you're lifting up the issues that we should be thinking about, but rather you're not sacrificing yourself laid right there on the front line. Yeah exactly. But if you're not that, then you're not contributing. Rebuke it, but I understand it.
Speaker 5: Do you feel do you feel after hearing that so many times? Not just in YouTube comments or on Instagram comments? Which I know you mostly ignore social media. But do you feel after now being back in the public eye on a like a bigger scale again with the podcast, do you feel compelled at all? Like do you feel poor into public service?
Speaker 1: No? Not in that way. I don't if I feel pulled in any way. It's about the things that are happening and the way in which it's showing up for the people I care about. But I don't. My default position is not now to let me go figure out what office I can hold that will best impact this. That isn't the default anymore, and I don't know that it ever will be. But should it ever become it, I believe that in my faith tradition that God is preparing me for. But whatever I want to read something, well, I whatever it is, I know that I'll be a lot more complete and full of person. Yeah, and doing whatever that thing is, I love it.
Speaker 3: I'm proud of you, brother, proud of y'all.
Speaker 5: Before we even jump into the substance of the podcast, let's roll that clip.
Speaker 10: Beach Blond Bad built, Please, Blond Bad built, Pleach Blond.
Speaker 4: Bad built, buch body what now?
Speaker 1: Oh what now?
Speaker 10: Peach Blond Bad Built, Please blond, bad built, Please blond bad built, bush body, please blind bad built, Please blind bad built, please blond bad built.
Speaker 3: Butch body. I'm just curious that.
Speaker 5: Hey, hey, that's where we're up against these days. We're up against a whole lot of beach blonde, bad built.
Speaker 4: You're about to say, but we want to replace one of those B words. But we can't stop in ourselves apologies because.
Speaker 2: You well come, well come, well come, well come, well come.
Speaker 6: We okay, y'all. So we have a very I'm anticipating a very busy year.
Speaker 3: Y'all know.
Speaker 5: We've been drinking out of fire hose is just trying to keep up with these cabinet picks.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 5: And I think it's gonna be a busy year, not just for politics on the federal level, but also state and local. There's gonna be some racial justice stuff we're fighting on every side. We see in corporations, roll back DEI efforts all of that. So as we look ahead, what roles shall we play in creating safe space but also challenging what's ahead?
Speaker 3: What do we think?
Speaker 4: I think one thing that I've been struggling with and just thinking about, because it's not always a struggle I feel like a broken record when I say, trying to cover this man is like trying to catch confetti, Like you can get so distracted in that that you lose the bigger picture. So I know, well, personally, I would like us to talk about overarching themes, not get so caught up in the chaos of this administration, because there's going to be a ton of it, you know, And by the time that this podcast airs, ten things have happened, you know. And that's intentional, Like they want to flood the news cycle with nonsense, so that is what people end up talking about. You chase this around and then while you're looking over here, this thing has happened. While you're looking at Jim Comey being fired, mandatory minimums are brought back, you know. And so I think one I want to focus on giving our people something to believe in. What does democracy look like to you? Another thing I want to focus on is big, big, big laws that are potentially changing, Like how are we protecting laws and then protecting our person? And I think a lot of that comes from our physical mental person, but also from a policy perspective that comes to your point from the state and local level. And you can actually impact policy at the state and local level a lot easier than you can at the federal level. So paying attention to what's below the fold, the things that the echo chambers are not discussing, informing people as much as opining, you know, like making sure people walk away armed with oh, I understand this issue better, which encourages action, It encourages participation, and then opening up the space more to hear from people more.
Speaker 3: We had a good idea the other day.
Speaker 9: What was it?
Speaker 4: Oh, yes, I would like us to see to do if I'm if I'm previewing something, we're not ready for it, we'll cut it out. But a town hall with people who did not vote, yes, like vetted people we know, like we know y'all didn't vote, and we want to hear straight up from you. How do you feel about democracy? What would it take for you to participate? I would really love that and that might be an ongoing series.
Speaker 1: I think you said, no, that's that it was going to be like the thing that I think this year hopefully affords us the deepening into like what's real and what isn't I you know, I'll use for example, a lot of the news media has been talking about people's reactions to the really unfortunate murder that occurred in New York with the corporate healthcare CEO, and the fact that on TikTok and all these other platforms people are raising money. They're saying, you know, creating alibis. He couldn't have done it. He was with me, we were on a date, or you know whatever. And they're talking about how just you know, sinister, this feels and sounds and this is and that and third, and I keep thinking, you know, this is how the chasm starts. Like you're all the way over here on the sanctimonious regular folks are are are here, And I'm not ascribing regular folks being at the opposite perspective. But the fact is is the chasms have to like shrinking until they no longer exist. And it's important to me that that happened amongst our community more than more than anything. And it isn't for any political outcome that I'm concerned about. It's because I want to recognize who I'm in community with. I want to and if I say we're in community together, I want that to be true not just for me, but to be true for you. I can't claim you when you disagree with everything that I believe in and stand for, and I the same you know with you. So that deepening into what people what is driving where's the motivation? Is it about a check or is it about respect? Is it about you know? What does that look like? Also, while I I completely receive the point that this administration will be a bunch of stuff just happen, events being mistaken for progress, I know that there's gonna be a lot of that happening. But then on the real there's gonna be a lot of a lot of stuff. It's hard to warn people about what they're gonna miss, right, you know, like, oh, I have this today and it's going to be taken from you because most of us, our minds won't be wrapped around the fact that it can really be taken from us. But ask women and men who understand reproductive health. I'm afraid about the what will be stripped from us. That will be taken and it won't be done in the bright lights of the camera, but in the midnight hours and when people aren't paying attention. That will reap real havoc on our community. So our ability to watch, see and guardrail on some of those things. And then I think, lastly for me, hopefully this year is going to be about us sort of having more of our interpersonal show up our you say, you know, tending to ourselves, tending to the health, the mental well being, health and care. I think we talked about that throughout this year. I hope we do a little bit more diving deeper into that to help people fill equipped with some tools on how to navigate this life we're living right now and to personally I need it, and I know that if that's true, that that's probably true for someone else too.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 5: I think the thing that I really am hoping for is more connection with our audience and people who will one day become audience, but they feel like NLP fam. I love if you bringing up the idea around the town halls. I want to do that so bad. I do want to do Battleground, but there are more folks than just Battleground, because as we talked about, it's not just our work that matters, it's our whole being and so really creating space for that.
Speaker 3: I also.
Speaker 6: I'm looking forward to a lot more laughs with y'all.
Speaker 5: We have a good time on the show, whether it's talking about a bee for TIFFs, sports expertise, which reminds me welcome, yes, thank you on that.
Speaker 3: Who do you have for the Super Bowl? Oh man, where do I begin?
Speaker 1: You don't begin.
Speaker 3: I you know, there are so many I like what I see this season so far. I have to tell you guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's been a lot of yeah. Right, there's been a lot of good performance out.
Speaker 3: There, a lot of good, good, a lot of good, a lot of good.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna say this year, I got the Falcons in the Super Bowl bias for Atlanta.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 3: Well, I was a minority owner of the Falcons, so he got out to.
Speaker 5: You know, doesn't have a conflict or anything. I was going to say, I got Kendrick, So I do.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 5: Want to just shout out there have been a lot of great things that happen this year. One of my favorites is the Kendrick Lamar album After the beef. There was a whole album and him putting all the West Coast rappers and making sure that they got they shine. I have bumped the album NonStop, consistently. And I will also just say that this podcast in so many ways saved my life, and it matters to me that folks feel connected to us, whether they agree or disagree, that they have a space to call home every single week. And so I'm grateful for you all for taking this journey and ride, and I'm looking forward to the roller coaster that will be twenty twenty five, for those projects, for a thousand developments, for its climate changing, and for maybe a lot of good stuff that comes out of this.
Speaker 6: Sometimes black folks organize the best in terror.
Speaker 3: So we've been in again.
Speaker 4: So I really I need some sunshine coming here on every level, on every level, I love it.
Speaker 5: Well, Welcome home, y'all year, Thank you so much for listening everybody. As always, we want to remind you to leave us a review and subscribe to Native Lam Pod. We're available on all platforms and YouTube, and you can follow us on social media. We are Angela Raie, Tiffany Cross, and Andrew Gillum. Happy New Year. There are six hundred and seventy days until the midterm elections.
Speaker 3: Morning.
Speaker 11: Thank you for joining the Natives attention of what the info and all of the latest rock Gilm and Cross connected to the statements that eve on our shows. Thank you sincerely for the pass. Reason for your choice is clear. So grateful to execute.
Speaker 3: Roles for serve.
Speaker 11: Defendant, protect the truth. And we welcome home to all of the natives wait.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Welcomelco.
Speaker 1: Native Land Pod is a production of iHeartRadio and partnership with Reason Choice Media. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.