Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Jetty and he Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: I think for many of us, the last twenty four hours certainly have been a bit shaking with the reporting coming out in The Atlantic donald Trump's dissension into madness.
Speaker 2: Do you think Donald Trump is a fascist? Yes? I do, Yes, I do.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 2: It was right when we got off the air yesterday. So this is all clearly orchestrated, which fine people always act like that's a crime. I don't mind that you orches straight a campaign. I mean that seems like a smart thing to do. Actually to me, it's called a campaign. It's a little frustrating when it includes major media that's supposed to not have their thumb on the scale. But please, I'm a grown up. So Kamala Harris made the turn what last weekend into Trump's hitler and a fascist and scary and deranged and has dementia and like went hard on it all weekend. It was clear like, okay, is this going to be their closing message? Which is obviously true. Now, then the Atlantic magazine piece comes out, including the interview with former Chief of Staff John Kelly, the general saying I think he wants to be a fascist, and he admires Hitler and all that sort of stuff. And then yesterday morning, and this is not something you throw throw together quickly. Right after we get off the air, Kamala Harris at a I don't know where she was, but it looked like it had the White House look to it, with a US flag behind her and another flag behind her, a very presidential looking thing. She walked out to a podium and gave an address about how dangerous Trump is we now know, given the comments of John Kelly, that Donald Trump is hell bent on being a fascist, and so like it was like her State of the Union address about Trump's brain.
Speaker 1: This is a moment of critical choice for the American people.
Speaker 2: And then you had uh old Walls out there yesterday, well play fifty one, that whole thing.
Speaker 3: I think for many of us, the last twenty four hours certainly have been a bit shaking, with the reporting coming out in the Atlantic donald Trump's dissension into madness, so that.
Speaker 2: Dissension acting like you know, I'm as shocked as anybody that this has come upon its as opposed to, we've got laid out the way all this is going to work, and the things we're going to say. But I mean, the whole dissension, the madness. I mean, that's a pretty dramatic phrase. Don't you think it's a bit much. Yeah, And then they don't really have to coordinate with the dominant media, because the dominant media is so all in on stopping Trump from being president that they play a lot. Here's Lester or Holtz intro on the NBC Nightly News.
Speaker 5: Kamala Harris on the attack after disturbing new allegations by Donald Trump's former White House Chief of Staff, John Kelly, the retired Marine general and mister Trump's longest serving chief of staff, warning his former boss meets the definition of a fascist and that mister Trump praised Adolf Hitler. The Trump campaign disputing at all, the Vice President saying Kelly's remark show mister Trump is unhinged and seeking unshacked power.
Speaker 2: So that's the way it was on all the newscasts all day long. So I assume this is actually the closing argument, as opposed to, I can see why you'd have a dose of that, given Trump's personality. I am surprised though, that they're not running on. Look, the economy is turned around, here's all the examples, et cetera, et cetera. I'm going to help the working class.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, well they must have internal polling and analysis that says it's not working. I was led understand that Kelly had made several of these statements years ago in his book and in other interviews.
Speaker 2: And just the audio is the new part. It doesn't really matter. The audio is the only new part.
Speaker 1: Which okay, Well, then Lester Holt saying what he said is just Petentley falls new allegations of surfaced.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, you're right to call it. That isn't but but that, yeah, that happens a lot where old allegations get dredged back up and they're treated new. But yeah, the fact that he'd done an interview was the new thing, and they had audio, and so then Jeffrey Goldberg of the Atlantic went around did all the interviews. So it was a giant hit on Trump all day long. All right, Uh, it's a heck of a thing. I mean, it's where we are as a as a country. For I was about to say, for better or worse. It's clearly for worse. I mean, there's better down this road. Lies madness.
Speaker 1: The other guys a df That's what the campaign is boiled down to. He's deranged, fascist descent into madness.
Speaker 2: Yes, Jonathan Turtley's right, that is a heck of a thing to say about your opponent. Of course Trump says that sort of stuff all the time, and it I don't know what lands differently because you don't take him seriously, I guess, or some of you do, some of us don't. When he says she's an idiot or crazy or whatever. Vice president. Yeah, that's all.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's that's just rude. She's to had many great achievements as vice president. She dealt with the root causes, she ended price gouging at grocery stores, so many achievements. I think you're right to earlier when you said that this is not an effort in any way to sway anybody. I mean the whole Trump's like Hitler. Please, how many times have we heard that it's an effort?
Speaker 2: Bush was Hitler, and then Romney was Hitler, and McCain was Hitler. It is an.
Speaker 1: Effort to terrotivate their core boy, I don't know that word. That's a terrify and motivate, motivates through error. They're trying to terrotivate the Democratic Corps voter into turning out.
Speaker 2: I like that word. That's a good one. You've got to put a little TM next to that one. Make money off of it. Is that a thing? Can I do that? Have the lawyers get started? Yeah, that's clearly the strategy.
Speaker 1: I mean, because it just seems so unhinged speaking of unhinged to be like the closing argument, he's senile and by the way, deranged and by the way, a fascist.
Speaker 6: I got lot or not.
Speaker 2: Say he's got a master plan he's going to carefully orchestrate through his madness somehow right and his dementia and his dementia. So it could be just a you're trying to make him so unpalatable you wouldn't vote for him or bring down his numbers. Wall Street Journal's pull out today has Trump with the highest approval rating he's ever had. That is meaning he's over fifty percent for the first time I think ever in any poll of approval. That's got to be that's got the Harris people have to be walking around like with their head in their hands, saying, how is this possible that he's getting more popular? Right?
Speaker 1: Well, I just think it is America being held by the shirt by assistant coach Waltz, his spittle flying into our faces as he announces that we have to vote for his boss lady because the other guys had deranged Nazi You.
Speaker 2: Gotta vote Peck whatever.
Speaker 1: What havever, and America saying, you know what, the other quit yelling at me because there's no other way to explain Trump having his highest approval ratings at this point other than as a rejection of the unhinged other side.
Speaker 2: And you know me Trump pleas Eve.
Speaker 1: Well, I'd like to you know what, I would like to see Trump get the inauguration, give a speech and say, on the other hand, I'm old and fat.
Speaker 2: Jd. Vance is brilliant. He's the president that would make me happy. You want to know what Joe Getty wants. That's what Joe Getty wants.
Speaker 1: Having said that Harris Walltz have given America virtually no reason to vote for them, and that approval number is an expression of that.
Speaker 2: It's got to be Well, I guess they're rolling the dice. I guess David Pluff decided the best bet is Trump is too unpalatable to vote for. Nobody voted for Joe Biden. No Boddy. He got eighty two million votes, and not a single one of them was for Joe Biden. They were all doctor jail, not a ill doctor. She just didn't like Trump. They were all he didn't even vote for him. And I guess they must have thought that'll be the case again, There'll be enough people turn out that just don't want Trump. All we gotta do is not have Kamma do anything awful to you. What we'll go ahead, which they've tried kind of succeeded Airsdal.
Speaker 1: I think it might have worked had Joe Biden not in the tradition of and this is this is the theme of a lot of Senate races and House races right now.
Speaker 2: They're trying to do what.
Speaker 1: Joe Biden did, which was say, hey, I'm a moderate, I work across the aisle, or in the case of some of the races right now, I've worked with Trump before, I can work with him again. But Joe Biden made that claim then pivoted way to the left. We got the Elizabeth Warren administration. We got an administration that made Bernie Sanders say too much, You've gone too far, and so.
Speaker 2: The whole I'm a Democrat.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to tell you what any of my policies are, but trust me when I say I'm a moderate. There's a significant chunk of America that thinks, no fool me twice, shame on me.
Speaker 2: So on the other side of things, to the Trump is, I don't think he's got a descent in Amandess and I don't think he wants to be a fascist, but he is all kinds of odd and uh oh yeah. Like yesterday his truth social post about General the general what's his name, Kelly Kelly. I was gonna say Millie who. He's also disparaged quite a bit his post yesterday about General Kelly about how he's a bad general and a loser. And I fired him because come on, why do you got to say stuff like that? It's just that free it is. It is definitely childish. It's just it's just insane. There's nobody who thinks General Kelly was a bad general or a loser. Nobody, I mean, why say stuff like that? It's just like, what are you seven years old, say I did not say anythings. I have great respect for the general and the service to our country, and i'm and he was a great chief of staff, but I did not say those things right period. For some version of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's here's in defense of Trump, though, it's very easy to understand why a lifelong CEO, and we talked about this at fair length yesterday. If you ever missed a chunk of the show, grab it via podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand. In fact, you should subscribe. But anyway, it's easy to understand. I've seen this over and over again that a CEO, particularly of a privately owned business like Trump Enterprises, who is used to quasi dictatorial powers.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's what being a CEO is.
Speaker 1: You might have a board of directors, you might have shareholders, but if you tell the you know, your manufacturing department to start building another plant, they will build another plant. And it happens over and over again that a CEO comes into politics and he realizes that, oh, I do not have those same powers. And it would be easy to see to portray a CEO chafing at the limitations of executive power in the executive branch coming off like a fascist. He wants generals who do what he says the minute he says it. That's just not the way our system works. It does Trump go too.
Speaker 2: Far in that direction.
Speaker 1: Does he have a lack of regard for the norms of the office and why they're important.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he does.
Speaker 1: But at the same time, the idea that just because he wants a government to move more quickly, he's some sort of avowed fascist, I think he's just silly.
Speaker 2: So I want to get this on because this is absolutely true. There's a steady stream of warnings. We got this text from somebody pushing back against our being too easy on Trump. Sure, there's a steady stream of warnings and of dangers of another Trump presidency coming from the men and women who work directly with him, and most of them, almost entirely all of them are Republicans. Ex Mobile CEO Rex Tillerson, his first Secretary of State, you know, calling him an effing moron. I mean you probably remember most of the examples, but John Bolton, Mike Pence, Mark Milli, Mark Esper's former Defense secretary there. I mean, that is extraordinary. I can't remember that ever happening ever where You've got all these high, high level people that were in your orbit that come out and say, look, I worked with the guy. He's a dangerous, lyumitic.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Trump is a highly flawed individual. He is, and his flaws need to be insured against. They need to be opposed, They need to be watered down or cooled off or whatever. That's part of the deal with Trump. Well, some of you rather, a lot of people would rather have his policies and his judges the rest of it than Kamala Harris. That's not some sort of endorsement of his sanity or good judgment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a big America doesn't feel like they can roll the dice on his temperament. And then I think fifty plus one or a little more is going to say I'm willing to roll the dice on his temperament. Well summarized, I think that's what's going to happen. More on the way Armstrong Hetty.
Speaker 7: Video released by the Ukrainian government shows North Korean troops receiving military gear in Russia. Vladimir Putin and Kim Jong Un have their troops training side by side at three specialized military sites inside of Russia. Ukrainian President, Zelinsky warned that Russia may send those forces to Ukraine, proving Putin seeks to escalate, not negotiate, and axis of US adversaries are now helping Russia. Iran sent personnel and drones, China lent much needed financial support, and North Korea sent munitions.
Speaker 2: When you put it like that, Margaret, that's a problem, I'd say.
Speaker 1: And I always think of North Korea as a small, poorish country.
Speaker 2: But they've got a massive army. That's the second biggest army in the world, one point two million soldiers. Yeah. Crazy, that's their only priority.
Speaker 1: Everybody else starves, although I got a feeling they got the skinniest soldiers on Earth too. But wow, troubling time, so domestic story, a complete change of pace. I found it surprising and interesting. Indeed, Boeing's largest union rejected a new labor deal yesterday that would have extended a six week strike.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: The rejection extended a six week strike that's plunged the jetmaker into increasing financial peril. The members of the machinist union voted by a large percentage against a proposed contract that would have delivered a thirty five percent way increase over four years, and so without a deal, the factories that build all their big airplanes remain idled, further sapping the company's revenue and risking more disruption that supply chain.
Speaker 2: Shale shares have continued to decline. Well, first of all, if they're struggling, are they gonna have to cut back on bolts like they did before? Can't can't put all the bolts in the doors. Let's just hope they stay in unfortunate. So I've been following this at all. Did some genius think now's a good time to strike after the endless stream of bad Boeing.
Speaker 1: Stories over the last year, and they're incredible financial distress. I mean, this is from the department of Golden gooses. This is Hey, the golden goose is coughing up blood. Yeah, let's sit on its chest till it lays more eggs. The golden goose is sick.
Speaker 2: Punch it. Maybe a leather egg will come out. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: John Holden, president of the local International Association Machinists. But I said members are angry over years of concessions made on the threat of losing jobs.
Speaker 2: Dudes, that wasn't an idle threat. They're hurting bad.
Speaker 1: Ending the stoppage is a priority for the new chief exec, who recently set plans to cut seventeen thousand jobs and still at least ten billion dollars in shares to plug the company's cash drain. I think Boeing is sick and not in like the kids would say. Man, that concert was sick now, like like they have a disease.
Speaker 2: Tough is what you say now? For everything? Is that good or bad? Good? Tough? All those shoes are tough.
Speaker 1: They're not tough. Boeing is not tough. No Boeing is bad. What would I say if it's bad?
Speaker 2: I don't know, sus I said that the other day and my son said, please don't ever say that again. So nobody says that.
Speaker 4: Dad.
Speaker 2: Okay, I can't. I can't keep up. They changed too fast. Yeah, I'm not in your little tribe. Boy.
Speaker 1: That would have been my response. I found high handedness was the best way to parent.
Speaker 2: Kamala Harris CNN town Hall. We got some highlights for you that are something coming up. It was not tough, armstrong and getty.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 6: Henderson Jackson. Think you're taking that time to be here. Two vis Pasiing Harris, thank you. Regarding the rapid increase in the migrant population, how are you ensure that every immigrant is integrated into American society safely? What benefits and subsidies will you provide them with? And how long will these benefits and subsidies last for an individual? Most importantly, will the American citizens taxes pay for these benefits and subsidies? And if so, how much money? How much money will be allocated?
Speaker 2: So that was the first question in the town hall last night, which had me pulling my hair out metaphorically, I don't have any hair, As questions are always asked from the single most progressive point of view, at least that first part with how are you going to ensure that all these people have everything they need? Is that my role is that any I didn't take those questions that way. He took me say that kids should be the head of CBS News. He said, how are you going to successfully integrate these people? Will taxpayers be paying for it? How many benefits will they get and for how long? Well, I'll tell you this or her answer is not worth playing. All right, maybe we're gonna play it, but it's your typical Kamala Har's answer long, rambling whatever, But I don't know who the people were asking the questions, but somebody didn't point this out. Here's the woman up there, and it sat on the bottom. Carol Knackernoff, who's her name? Something like that political science professor at Swarthmore College claiming to be an undecided voter. Excuse me? And then he died.
Speaker 1: Holy count, you got a soft science professor at Swarthmore who might swing.
Speaker 2: Right, it's an undecided voter, as a Charles cw A Cook retweeted, I don't know how they pulled it off, but for the Harris town Hall, CNN managed to find a woman registered Democrat, poly side professor at a liberal college who's undecided.
Speaker 1: Boy, if she is, she's as lonely as a polar bear in the Sahara. I mean, my heart hurts for that poor game.
Speaker 2: Oh that's funny.
Speaker 1: So rolling along, this is Kamalin rough Tough Anderson Cooper and i'll, i'll, I will explain why I characterized himself that way in a moment.
Speaker 2: We'll go with thirty six Michael and roll from there.
Speaker 8: You talk about the bill that Donald Trump quashed that was in twenty twenty four. You talk about the bill he tried to get passed in twenty twenty one that wasn't able to get passed. Twenty twenty two to twenty twenty three, there were record border crossings. Your administration took a number hundreds of executive actions. It didn't stem the flow. Numbers kept going up. Finally, in twenty twenty four, just in June, three weeks before the last the first presidential debate with Joe Biden, you in executive actions that had dramatic impact, really shut down people crossing over Why didn't your administration do that in twenty twenty two, twenty twenty three.
Speaker 9: First of all, you're exactly right, Anderson, And as of today, we have cut the flow of immigration by over half. In fact, the numbers I saw most recently illegal immigration.
Speaker 8: But with that executive action, why not do it in twenty twenty two to twenty.
Speaker 9: Twenty three, because we were working with Congress and hoping that actually we could have a long term fix to the problem instead of a short term thing.
Speaker 2: You couldn't have done one in the both of the same time. Well, here's the thing.
Speaker 9: We have to understand that ultimately this problem is going to be fixed through congressional action. Congress has the authority and the purse. I'd hate to use DC terms, but literally they write the checks.
Speaker 1: That is some excellent questioning by Anderson Cooper, who's no right wing bond chucker. I mean that was very skillfully done.
Speaker 2: H Yeah, it's funny that they.
Speaker 1: Mocked Brett Bhaer for trying to ask roughly the same questions.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was skillfully done. It is the obvious questions that should have been asking every interview she's done. But it was still well done. That stuff. You keep talking about Trump killing the border bill, Yeah, years after this problem had been going on, and then you fixed it by going back to some of the Trump policies with a stroke of a pen that you could have done three years earlier. So why didn't you? There's no good answer to that. The problem she's got is there is no good answer. I mean, I don't know what I would say if I was her. No, she's defenseless.
Speaker 1: There's there isn't an argument other than what she offered, which is obfuscation. Thirty nine, Michael, Under Donald Trump, you criticized the wall more than fifty times. You called it stupid, useless, and a medieval vanity project is a border walls upid.
Speaker 9: Well, let's talk about Donald Trump in that border wall. So remember Donald Trump said Mexico would pay for it. Come on, they didn't. How much of that wall did he build? I think the last number I saw I was about two percent. And then when it came time for him to do a photo op, you know where he did it in the part of the wall that President Obama built.
Speaker 8: But you're agreed to a bill that would hear more like six hundred and fifty million dollars to continue building that, Okay, I.
Speaker 9: I pledge that I'm going to bring forward that bipartisan bill to further strengthen and secure our border.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anderson Cooper, again, the right wing bomb chucker is a very bright man, and I was definitely getting the feeling toward the end that he's like, you know, you can treat the voters as stupid, but I'm sitting right here and I'm starting to feel like you're treating me as stupid. And you could hear the resentment in his voice.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess unless you're a real part is it, I don't know how you'd come away from that other than she said all that stuff about the wall being evil and now she's behind the wall because the walls work and we need one, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, our favorite clip after a quick word from our friends at Prize Picks, America's number one daily fantasy sports app with over five million active members, Prize Picks is the easiest and most exciting way to play daily fantasy sports, not like a season long obligation.
Speaker 2: Who has time. Unlike other apps, you're just playing you against the numbers. On Prize Picks.
Speaker 1: All you do is pick at least two players, stat projections and say more or less and watch the winnings roll in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a bunch of sporting events coming up. I can't wait to see what the choices are for more or Less on You can now win up to one hundred times your money on Prize Picks with as little as four correct picks. And then you can get your money in as quick as fifteen minutes, which is pretty cool.
Speaker 1: And then they have the flex play at Prize Picks, which means you can still cash out even if your lineup isn't perfect. You can double your money even if one of your picks does not hit, so download the Prize Picks app today and use the code Armstrong. You'll get fifty dollars instantly when you play just five. That's the code Armstrong on Prize Picks to get fifty dollars instantly when you play five dollars. You don't need to win to receive that fifty dollars bonus. It's guaranteed. Just play the five bucks prize Picks.
Speaker 2: Run your game. As David Axelrod said on the CNN panel after the town hall last night, when she doesn't want to answer a question, she goes to word salad city. Now, maybe that's her best bet because there's no good answer on a lot of those things. You had policies that made inflation go up. You know, what are you going to say about that. Your policies allowed gazillions of people to come in into the country, and you didn't do anything about it until it became such a political liability. There's no good answer for that either, So word salad seems like the best policy.
Speaker 1: Saw a brief clip of the panel after the town hall meeting in which Dana Bash, you'd been trying to defend Kamalas said, a lot of people did come here to hear what her foreign policy might be, and I'm afraid they didn't get anything.
Speaker 2: You know, I want to do discourage away. Yeah, I want to do this one since we got a little bit of time here, because this topic just drives me nuts. Clip thirty two, Michael, So.
Speaker 10: My question is concerning groceries. Grocery prices have gone up quite a bit in the last four years, and some people blame former President Trump, some people blame President Biden. Who would you say is correct and what would you do to bring prices down for Americans?
Speaker 9: Thank you, Eric, And you're absolutely right. You know what, I know what I think most Americans know it. Price of grocery is still too high, and we need to address it in a number of ways. One of my aspects of doing what we need to do to bring down the cost of living for working people in the middle class in America is to address the issue of grocery prices. Part of my background and how I come to it is probably a new approach grounded in a lot of my experience and as a former Attorney general getting I took on price gouging, price gouging, and part of my plan is to create a new approach. That is the first time that we will have a national ban on price grier go, which is companies taking advantage of the desperation and need of the American consumer and jacking up prices without any consequence or accountability.
Speaker 2: Wow, that is who's a fascist?
Speaker 1: That is rhetoric by the ignoramus for the ignoramus, and of the ignoramus.
Speaker 2: To her credit. Though from what I understand, that polls really well because most people don't understand that that is all kinds of undoable, illegal, illogical, bad economics everything. I mean, it's just it's horrible on every no matter how you twist it and hold it up to the light, it's bad from every angle.
Speaker 1: But it polls pretty well. Yeah, well, that's that's troubling.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have a national ban on price price gouging. How the f are you going to do that?
Speaker 1: How much it's gound do It'll never happen. Who's gonna happen?
Speaker 2: In no form? Who's but even if you could, even if you get together through Congress and the Supreme Court let you and everything like that, who's gonna set the price of bacon? And how is that gonna play out? All the way down to the farmer with the pig. Explain that to me. It's just since childish, it's laughable. Yeah, I just wanted to get that on. God it, dang it. And she's so bad at she's even bad at her own stuff. She should have jumped on it right away. But she always has like forty five seconds of meandering words. He can't even tell what she's talking about. She should have if that's your policy, that's one thing Trump is good at. She'd have jumped on it right away. I'll tell you how I'm gonna deal with it. We're gonna make a law against price gouging nationwide. Instead.
Speaker 1: Second career as a prosecutor, I've taken on in a unique way.
Speaker 2: I've taken on the challenges.
Speaker 1: And you know, at this point, the whole we agree grocery prices are too high.
Speaker 2: At this point, who.
Speaker 1: Needs the the hand holding the by the It's like calling one of those phone trees in India trying to get tech support for your malfunctioning TV. The whole first, express sympathy with the situation. Nobody needs to hear somebody say yes, I agree, grocery prices are high. We're way past that sister. Anyway, boy, what a load of crap that was.
Speaker 2: I like when you say stuff like that, honey, stuff like what I tell it? Like it is all right? This is this is speaking of gibberish.
Speaker 1: This is again right wing bomb chucking inquisitor Anderson Cooper asking Kamala about why she doesn't have any damn policies forty two Michael.
Speaker 9: So, I take my role and responsibility, okay, as an elected leader, very seriously, and I know the impact it has on so many people I may never meet, and that is why I engage and bring folks around. So I may not be quick to have the answer as soon as you ask it about a specific policy issue sometimes because I'm going to want to research it. I'm going to want to study it.
Speaker 2: I'm kind of a.
Speaker 9: Nerd sometimes, I confess, And some might call that a weakness, especially if you're you know, in an interview or just off you know so much with being asked a certain question and you expect to have the right answer right away. But that's how I that's how I work.
Speaker 2: That is hilarious. That is, that is the funniest answer by a my a major presidential candidate to that sort of question I've ever heard. I mean, that is hilarious. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, As I said earlier, you're not applying to medical school. You're applying to be the chief surgeon of the United States of America. I just asked you, you know, what's your experience in stomach cancer and you say, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I got to look into it. I guess. Come on, we're twow, we're twelve days out, and when you're asked about your economic policy, your border policy, or foreign policy or whatever, I am kind of a nerd. I need to study it, you know. I like to relate to the person who asks the question. An Yet I'm not the sort of person that's going to come up with an answer just on the spot. Okay, well on the spot, like months into a presidential campaign and you've been vice president for three years.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Again, we're not This is not some sort of gotcha question, who's the Prime Minister of Zimbabwe? We're asking you, what, in general is your view of American power around the world.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm kind of a nerd. I'd have to ask people. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm kind of a nerd sometimes, And like I said earlier, to me, this is the final word on why she didn't do many interviews, why they don't put her out that much.
Speaker 2: She's horrible. Dummy, she's horrible as a candidate.
Speaker 1: I think she's a dummy, not in terms of being stupid, although you know, I'm not denying that she's a dummy, in terms of she is a inanimate object that others speak through white.
Speaker 2: Pumpet, like a mannequin sitting on your knee, A dummy, a ventral dummy.
Speaker 1: Okay, dummy, dummy. Dummy is the word. It's a dummy. She's a dummy.
Speaker 2: I have a different word for dummy, like you're not very smart and dummy, like sits on your lap and you have a string in his mouth.
Speaker 1: No, they're both the same word. That was my point. It's the two meanings of that word.
Speaker 2: Dummy, so she's both of them. Yes, she's a dummy, dummy, dummy, she's not a very bright dummy, or she's a dummy mannequin, however you want to phrase, yes, exactly, we're jogging past each other. Stay with us. I'm kind of a nerd.
Speaker 11: Sometimes Paul shows Trump with a slim lead over Harris with Arab Americans. Harris would attempt to speak directly to those voters, but she hasn't yet nailed the accent.
Speaker 1: A comment on her tendency to pander to audiences by assuming their regional accent back to you.
Speaker 2: Apparently this was a thing back in twenty twenty two. I don't know if I remember it or not. The Flamingo challenge to determine your health situation. But there's yet another study that has come out to confirm that how old is your body? Actually there's a test as hell's how this test can tell your biological age in thirty seconds. It's the Flamingo challenge, is what they used to call it, but they've added a few more things to it, walking and balanced, test your handgrip and knee strength. I don't know I test my knee strength. Eugh, I just need you. But the main thing is to stand on one foot far as long as you can your non dominant leg. You stand on your non dominant foot as long as you could. I just did it during the commercials. I did about a minute or so before the commercials were over. I think I could do it. I don't know for hour. I don't know how long I could do it, But anyway, did you know your your muscle mass decreases eight percent per decade starting at thirty. I did know that if you're over thirty, you've lost muscle mass sid well faster clip than you would like. Anyway, if you want just a basic look at it. In the Flamingo Challenge, middle aged people who cannot balance on one foot their non dominant foot for ten seconds faced a dramatically higher risk of early death. Ten seconds is not very long. Wow, I can do it. Wow a long time. My balance isn't great, but I've never but yeah, one point about it is I've all always found it difficult to stand on one leg. Like even when I was in high school, if you had to stand on one leg, I couldn't do it. I was a little wobbly, Yes, Katie, And that for ten seconds you're you're hammered. Well, well there's that officer. Yes, I don't know if you're supposed to be sober and yeah, and you also are supposed to say the alphabet backwards is part of this. There's no chance we're all standing with.
Speaker 1: Famingo challenge was the Flamingo Challenges. When you jump into the zoo's enclosure with a sledgehammer, and well it's not pretty from there. So if you'd like it broken, the terrible thing to say, and I retract it, if you'd like it broken.
Speaker 2: Down by age, if you're under forty, you should be able to do it continuously for forty three seconds, which which I can do if you have to.
Speaker 1: Like lift my other leg or stick my hands out or am I doing like curls at the same time.
Speaker 2: And your arms are supposed to be straight out to the side.
Speaker 1: Oh really according to the bill and I'm reading, Yeah, Oh that makes it easier, doesn't it does it? I'm old with terrible joints and this is effortless.
Speaker 2: Does that make it easier or harder to put your arms out? It seems like it makes it easier. I don't not as much difference. So you it to be on one leg anyway, So let me get to it. Yes, you're doin like, yeah, you're the leg. You don't kick field goals with how you doing my and I'm dead you you went over in like three seconds? Oh great, Scott?
Speaker 1: Whoa.
Speaker 2: If you're in your forties like Michael Angelo, you should be able to do it for forty seconds. In your fifties, thirty seven seconds you get up. If you're eighty or older, aim for a little over five seconds. My parents will probably be listening and do this as they hear to hear the show. A little over five seconds, Dad, Mom, if you can do it. And I remember when we mentioned the stand up Sit Down challenge. Remember that one. You sit on the edge of a chair with your arms folded over your chest, and you stand up to sit down as many times you can. Sixty minutes. Another really good one to figure out how early you're going to die.
Speaker 1: Sixty Yeah, sixty minutes. I'd be very tired at the end of.
Speaker 2: That, I'd give I'd go I just sit there and watch TV. Right. I like these little tests though, to see if you know, like if you're really off track or not, like a real quick how am I doing? Yeah? I would agree. I would agree.
Speaker 1: It's good because you can slide further than you thought you had if you're not careful.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah. We do four hours of this every day. If you missed hour, get the podcast Armstrong and get You on demand Armstrong and Getty