Speaker 1: Hey everybody, It's Tuesday, September tenth, twenty twenty four. Welcome to the NFL Fantasy Football Show, where we're probably talking too much about action. Ron Sims, Me and your man MG Marcus Grant joined by Michael F. Florio and Lakwan Jones, and we are officially through week one. Hopefully it was a positive and prosperous week one for a lot of you out there. Not a lot of passing yards across the week to be seen, which means receivers tight end had a rough go of it. It was a pretty good week though for running backs across the board as well, so that means we can go start to turn the page on week one and get into week two. Fellas, have we have we over I guess we're gonna overreact a little bit?
Speaker 2: Have we overreacted to enough things?
Speaker 1: Lakwan A, We are we back on even keel now after week one and ready to turn the page.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm done to overreact, and I'm kind of more so looking to the edited next week.
Speaker 4: But I just want to get off my chest real quick.
Speaker 2: JK.
Speaker 3: Dobbins hype, can we just were down? Let me see him play four more games before I start overreacting.
Speaker 1: No, we're gonna overreact immediately.
Speaker 2: Do it now.
Speaker 1: I look, I I'm willing to say that I was wrong on this one. Like the dal was a healthy scratch, uh and JK Dobbins just completely eight becus Edwards was there in mud was kind of.
Speaker 4: Wet jeans, running with wet jeans on.
Speaker 1: And here's the thing, like we were sort of told. Daniel Jeremiah told us to watch out for JK. Dobbins, And generally when DJ speaks, I listened. This time, I decided to go on my own and I've learned my lesson. I've learned my lesson. Daniel Jeremiah says, I'm going to believe it.
Speaker 5: Tweeted me that.
Speaker 6: JK looked slow and it has to be because he got chased down on that one long run he had. But I'm like, this is his first NFL game since tearing his achilles, Like, ye, I imagine he is going to get better conditioned and stuff as.
Speaker 2: He keeps playing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's gonna get walked down. It's probably gonna happen again before he gets into full shape.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 1: We're gonna talk about some guys though, who disappointed and whether or not we're panicked or we are going to preach patients on. Some of these guys also give you some deep dive waiver wire options. We had more of a waiver wire show on Mondays, and go back and check that out. And since we are adding people, we have to save goodbye to people. So who is somebody we can say goodbye to? But let's go start with a little bit of Panic or Patience. I got four guys here who were underwhelming, to say the least. Some of these may or may not have come from my own rosters. This might be completely self serving, but this is what we're going to do. So let's start Floria with Terry McLaurin, who went a good long while in that game on Sunday before he even got his first. By the time the day was over, he had two catches for a grand total of seventeen yards.
Speaker 2: Panic or Patients with Terry McLaurin.
Speaker 6: I feel like I'm going to be very boring this segment, but I'm practicing patients here. I don't love the four targets like that. I wish was higher, but he did lead them in routes the commanders were They did run very fast paced offense, which I love. They actually ran the fastest paced offense in Week one, but it was a lot of short stuff and it seemed like they didn't want to put too much on Jaden Daniel's plate in his first game playing, so I kind.
Speaker 5: Of I get that.
Speaker 6: Also, Terry had one downfield where Jaden just he was open and Jayden just put a little too much air under it. If they connect on that, we're talking about that being a long touchdown. I know those if some butts only count in horseshoes and not in fantasy football, but opportunity is what matters, and he had the chance to make a big play there. I do think Terry.
Speaker 5: Will get more utilized.
Speaker 6: The only thing I hate, and this is something that Marcus you did a good job of highlighting in the preseason, he was tethered to the left side. Cliff Kingsbury continues to have no imagination when it comes to wide receiver one usage.
Speaker 1: I was really keeping an eye on that right because that was the thing that some of the Beat reporters mentioned that it looked like they were gonna.
Speaker 2: Move him around from side to side.
Speaker 1: But when it came down to it, I think he played all but like four snaps on the left side of the formation. So Cliff Kingsbury apparently whatever he thought up in practice, decided that that wasn't going to work.
Speaker 2: So we'll see if that changes.
Speaker 1: But that was definitely a frustrating development for Terry McLaurin.
Speaker 4: Yep, his routes were on the left side. Not great, Bob going one on the right.
Speaker 2: That was really disappointing.
Speaker 1: Since we're speaking of past catchers who were frustrating and disappointing. Michael Pittman maybe not as bad as McLaurin. He had four catches for thirty one yards, but it was kind of the Alec Pierce Ashton Doolan Show with Anthony Richardson on Sunday, So Patients or Panic or Patients LaQuan with Michael Pittman.
Speaker 4: I'mna be patient, man.
Speaker 3: This is week one, and Anthony Richardson was going out there, Aaron the ball out having fun using his feet. It's one of those things where you just have to understand maybe this is how the game just crumbled out, you know, And I feel like, you know, Michael Pittman is still that number one wide receiver that he could rely on. He's one of those guys that you can hit downfield, intermediate or even close to the line of scrimmage as well. I mean, I feel as though Michael Pittman's are all around wide receiver. And it's week one, people, Let's not panic, let's buckle up. We're here for week two, and I think they get it together in week two.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm sort of hoping though, because you mentioned Pittman is gonna be a guy who sort of runs a lot of his routes in the intermediate part of the field. I don't want Anthony Richardson to get Will levis Idis, which for Will levis the intermediate part of the field is lava like. He just doesn't It's either deep or it's short, that's all there is to it. And I'm hoping we don't sort of get this with Anthony Richardson where he's either you know, bombs away to Alec Pierce or he's like taking off to run or maybe dumping it off underneath.
Speaker 2: I hope that he remembers that Michael Pittman is there.
Speaker 1: They seem to have a good connection last year, so I'm gonna chalk this up to just this being a sort of one week thing.
Speaker 6: He is the most worried about on this list really because I Anthony Richardson is going to have a lot of games like this, I think, where he's not completing a lot of passes and it comes down like last year his completion percentage was one of the worst in football.
Speaker 5: This this first game it was less than fifty percent.
Speaker 6: I think they'll be he's gonna air it out deep and he's gonna run, and that works for him and for this offense. I'm not convinced it works necessarily. For I love Pittman in real life, I avoided him in fantasy because I had concerns over like is he gonna get enough volume?
Speaker 5: I know the volume was there, but like you said, the short intermediate passes, isn't the strength of the Colts. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I started boding just because I feel like he's the number one wide receiver there and at some point they're just going to try to force the ball to him.
Speaker 2: So that was sort of the thing.
Speaker 1: But like I said on Monday, maybe I was a year too soon on Alec Pearce.
Speaker 2: So we will find out about that, all right.
Speaker 1: Florio backsee for Dalton Kincaid. I talked about him yesterday. I said on yesterday's show that I was not panicked about him, just the was it the one catch for eleven yards on a pair of targets?
Speaker 2: That was it for Kinkaid.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure I know how you're going to rule on this one, But panic or patients for the number one tight end in Buffalo.
Speaker 6: Patients patients for everyone, because it's one game and if the player has a done in week eight, we're not viewing it under a microscope like we are in week one.
Speaker 5: But especially for Kincaid, he played eighty eight percent of the snaps. He ran the second most routes on the Bills. Half of his or forty one percent, just under half of his routes came from the slot, which is exactly what we wanted for Dalton Kincaid and what I like even more. The first two drives, the Bills kind of came out and they played their Shenanigans like they did early last year, where Kincaid wasn't consistently on the field than Dawson Knox was. And then the Bills went down two scores and they were like, let's get dal Kin Kaid and not take him off the field at all, and the Bills offense were clicking ever since. So I think much better days are ahead for dalon Kin kid. I'm not worried at all.
Speaker 6: In fact, if the person who hasn't is worried, I'd be trying to trade for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I would. I would take the temperature see if maybe you can get him out. I'm not at all worried about him. I just was frustrated because I had him, and I thought more things were gonna happen and they just didn't. But I think it's gonna be all right there this one though, Lakwan, we might we might need to have a conversation. We might have just start a dialogue.
Speaker 2: Amari Cooper, Yeah, it was bad.
Speaker 1: The Browns were just bad all around offensively against the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Amari Cooper with two catches for sixteen yards.
Speaker 3: Panic or patience, I'm panicking, man. I mean Deshaun Watson did not look good. And I understand that O line is missing their two starting tackles, which again, everybody has injuries on.
Speaker 5: An O line.
Speaker 3: Hello Rams fan here, but uh, he just did not look good out there, and Amari Cooper just his body language just looks like he's over it.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 3: It's like it's one of those situations, you know, where we took him in the drafts where we're thinking he will be that strong wide receiver three for us to make our room better. But like, if the quarterback position does not look good this early and the dude only has played what this is his thirteenth game, now, it's like, I'm not too sure if I'm here for a slow walk for Watson to get up to speed, for Amari Cooper to really be putting enough fantasy points every Sunday for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, I'm freaked out about a Mark Baver legitimately because the Browns look that bad because Deshaun Watson hasn't given us.
Speaker 2: He hasn't given us any hope.
Speaker 1: Right, if there were games in the past where you're like, all right, I see this thing coming together, Like you know, there are moments like we haven't gotten any flashes of anything out of Deshaun Watson and so like that, you know, we'll see how the offensive line comes together with the injuries.
Speaker 2: But here is they had all off season.
Speaker 1: To prepare for, you know, having they had all I had a lot of time to have the backup offensive lineman, and this is the product they put out. I am freaked the f Outmark Cooper right now, and I'm like, I'm going back and I'm like, I drafted him in more places than I remember.
Speaker 2: I don't love this. I do that I have a ton of Cooper.
Speaker 6: Maybe I'm trying to convince myself. Uh, he had a lot of opportunities in Week one. Love to see that, but even more they get the Jags, the Giants, the Raiders, the Commanders the next.
Speaker 5: Moment, like a right, it's not going to be the Cowboys defense every week.
Speaker 2: All right, that's the same line.
Speaker 5: That's all I can give you.
Speaker 1: Silver linings and the nine targets. I mean he actually led the team in targets, so I mean that part is encouraging. But I don't need this to be a you know, Atlanta Falcons, like a whole bunch of uncatchable target situation.
Speaker 2: He did.
Speaker 5: He did have one long one go right through the bread basket. It was a little bit too out in front.
Speaker 4: But it's just in chemistry, man, you can't you can't throw a good ball and then the next four plays.
Speaker 1: I just I'm I'm hoping I'm hoping that the schedule lightning up will help, but.
Speaker 2: I'm really, really really worried. For sure.
Speaker 1: You're gonna take a break and then come back and talk about some deep dive waiver wire options plus folks that you can probably put back into the free agent pool. That's next on the NFL Fantasy Football Show. So on Monday we talked about the waiver Wire. You can go back and check out that show, or you can go to NFL dot com slash waiver wire and get a rundown on a lot of guys that you can probably take some shots at in free agency. This week, we're going deep dive though the folks that you know if you're playing in deeper leagues, you know those leagues where you're.
Speaker 2: Like that guys are already going and murdery.
Speaker 1: Well, then we're gonna give you some options for guys who probably aren't gone in your league. Laquand who should folks be diving a little bit deeper for this week?
Speaker 4: So it's a Green Bay Packer running back Emmanuel wilson Man. He's the back of the Jacob Josh Jacobs right now. He looked really good. Half of his runs went for ten plus yards, so he had shown some jews, some explosiveness and I know Marshan Lloyd is there said to be the backup, but right now and looking like Emmanuel Wilson has carved out some type of role for him to be on the field at times, you know where Josh Jacobs needs a little breath. I mean Jacobs to me, he kind of looked like he was slow running in mud at times, even though he did have over eighty yards and he had a healthy five point zero plus yarch per carry. I just feel as though Emmanuel Wilson he will be that bang, that thunder that they need to punch where he might bust one of those runs off and take it to the house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I think in the first half everybody was kind of getting there. Josh Jacobs jokes off because he did look slow in the first half. Second half things started to kind of come together and he was much better after halftime.
Speaker 2: So we'll see.
Speaker 1: But Emmanuel Wilson did look like he had some juice and looks like he could carve out a role. But also keep in mind Marshaun Lloyd was not available because of an injury too, so how that works when Lloyd is healthy.
Speaker 2: We don't quite know yet, all right.
Speaker 1: Elsewhere Florida, the Bucks had a good start to their season. Baker Mayfield looked great. You like one of their deeper pass catching options.
Speaker 5: There, Yeah, Jalen McMillan.
Speaker 6: And I know people might be like, yeah, he caught a touchdown, but he only had three targets. But what I care is he did not leave the fields like the Bucks went heavy three wide receiver set and it was Evans, Godwin and McMillan consistently as the three that were out there, and he played two thirds of his snaps out wide and a third in the slot. And that was my concern with him coming into the year was if they want to put Godwin in the slot more, will there be enough for McMillan.
Speaker 5: Will they clearly trust.
Speaker 6: Him out wide on a Bucks team that I is going to throw the ball a good amount this season, Like next week they play the Lions in Detroit. That could easily become a high scoring affair as.
Speaker 5: The Bucks trying to match points with the Lions offense. So McMillan not someone that I'm confident enough to.
Speaker 6: Start just yet, But I like the talent and I like the opportunity, and if I'm in a deeper league, that's kind of what I want to take notice of it.
Speaker 1: I mean, Liam Cohen, another Sean mcvaigh disciple, looks like he wants to be very aggressive. They said they want to be explosive through one week. That certainly seemed to be the case. So McMillan could have some long term value on a lot of fantasy rosters. I keep saying, maybe I was a year two early on Alec Pierce, so I'm trying to right the wrong here and go and adding Pierce. Here's the thing, I think I've plan of played Colts receiver roulette because I've drafted some of Josh Downs, I've drafted some ad and I Mitchell. Now I'm gonna get Alec Pierce. One of these has got a hit, right, one of these has got hit. But what we saw, at least on Sunday, is that when the Colts want to take some shots downfield, it appears that Pierce is going to be the option of choice. I think they did take a couple of shots to Mitchell. We'll see what Downs's role is when he's healthy and ready to go. But Anthony Richardson is, he's got the launch codes and he's not afraid to use him. Alec Pierce could have some some really good value. Definitely more of a better and best ball guy. But I think if you're in a deeper league and looking for ceiling plays, Alec Pierce is a nice option for a lot of fantasy managers there. So if we're adding players, I mean, we've got to be dropping players. Lakwan, who should we be saying goodbye to this week?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: I'm just gonna rip the band aid off. I'm gonna be drafting DeAndre Hopkins. I've drafted him late in drafts and he is dealing with an MCL knee injury right now, where he's already said he's going to be playing through that, and he was limited snaps this week last week, so it's like more so ran seven routes. We might be looking at a limited DeAndre Hopkins all season long. So I'm just gonna rip the band aid off now and grab one of these hot you know, wide receiver waiver wires to just kind of take the place where I don't have to deal with the headache, you know, week to week. I honestly hate doing it. It looks disgusting to have him on the waiver wire, but kind of is what it is.
Speaker 2: Oh, porn went out from Nuke. Didn't think you'd be here this soon. I thought maybe it happened this year. Didn't think it happened this soon. But here we are, Florida.
Speaker 1: This one also sort of hurts a little bit. I mean it's early, so it's not gonna hurt as bad.
Speaker 2: Wow, I just saw this. I was not anticipating we'd be here this soon, but here we are.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like I said, I think I said on yesterday's show, I'm waving the white flag when it comes to the Chargers running back. So I was big on Gus Edwards and Kamani Videl two swings, two misses because you look at not just what JK. Dobbins did, but the whole situation.
Speaker 5: As a whole. Kamani Videl was a healthy scratch. Then JK.
Speaker 6: Dobbins plays sixty percent of the snaps and not even close production wise, runs away with it over Gus Edwards, who just looked like the bus looked like it was stuck in mud man and it couldn't get going. And this was Dobbin's first game back That's the crazy part is like, as he gets more acclimated and back further further from this injury, I think it's very possible that he could get more and more of a workload. So to me, this hurts to say, but it's why I take shots on guys like this, because if they don't work out early, you know it, and you know you could throw them back on. And to me, maybe I'm early in this, but I think the only way Videll gets active and gets active actually used is if Dobbins or Edwards gets hurt.
Speaker 5: And I I'm not rooting for that. I know it's very possible with these.
Speaker 6: Two, but I'm not gonna hold someone on my bench in hopes that down the road they might get hurt. If they get hurt, I will jump I will jump back on Bedell. But until we see it, I think it's time to say this is Dobbin's backfields.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the healthy scratch part is the part that's disturbing.
Speaker 1: It wasn't like, hey, we're gonna like keep you and lets you run special teams or something like that. Like they were just like, hey man, we just you can sit this one out. That's a little bit concerning if you had a deeper league, maybe hang on to him. But I think if you're in a shallower league, then he should.
Speaker 2: Be back on the waiver wire for sure.
Speaker 1: For me, it's Cuba Hubbard. I was intrigued by the possibility. I like the idea of the Panthers offense in twenty twenty four. I do not like the reality of the Panthers offense in twenty twenty four. They were awful in about every way imaginable. Cuba Hubbard was actually the lead back in terms of opportunities this past week against the New Orleans Saints, it meant nothing. They could not move the ball. He had six carries for fourteen yards. He did not have a single target in the game. Bryce Young could not do anything in the passing game. The Panthers were awful, and it just doesn't look like they've improved at all. And it looks like it's going to be the same this year as last year. They're not going to run the ball well, And to be honest with you, it makes me a little bit nervous about all my shares of Jonathan Brooks. But we will cross that bridge when we get to it in about a month. Or so he hopefully is the life saver, but for now it's Cuba Hubbard. Thank you for your service. It's been real. I am moving on, and I suggest that a lot of other people move on as well. Oh not great at all anyway. So there you go.
Speaker 2: That's our Tuesday look at things around the league.
Speaker 1: Were back with you on Wednesday as we start to really turn the page and look ahead as to what is upcoming in week two. But in the meantime, that'll do it for this edition of the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast, The Happy, Safe and Healthy, Do good and Live well.
Speaker 2: We'll talk to you again tomorrow.
Speaker 5: M