Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump's leadership.
Speaker 1: I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported.
Speaker 2: You will never return.
Speaker 1: But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right.
Speaker 2: Leave now.
Speaker 1: Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 3: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 4: All right, guys, welcome back Erni a Lisia. This is a highly anticipated episode. We get back in our second home, Atlanta, Georgia. Every time we come in a different location, man shout out to all the good people of Atlanta, shouts all the good people in Georgia, everybody in the South. So our second biggest market.
Speaker 3: That's a fact. That's a fact.
Speaker 5: So we got allowed to love out here.
Speaker 4: So you know, on Instagram, we kind of gauge things to see, like the public interest. So we first a few months ago put a story up that a town was for sale, like tom I think it was Tom'sborough Toombsboro, and everybody was going crazy. It wasn't really too much details about it. Everybody was going crazy like yo, you should buy that Black Wall Street. Da Da da, And then kind of just died down, nothing happened.
Speaker 5: And then like a couple of weeks ago, put his story.
Speaker 4: Up about nineteen black families that actually purchased ninety seven acres I think outside of that in Wilkinson County, Georgia, and it went crazy.
Speaker 5: It went viral like what's going on?
Speaker 4: And everybody was It was all kinds of comments like this is dope, this new Black Wall Street.
Speaker 5: People like no, this is racist, it's all black.
Speaker 6: Definitely, social media is crazy.
Speaker 5: It was definitely social media is crazy.
Speaker 4: It was like it was like a thousand comments, like going back and forth with each other. So you know, time had passed and Troy had actually reached out to me to ians too.
Speaker 6: As as I was watching it, she texted me the CNN video that you had. I was like, oh, I'm ready on this. I was like, we got a shot to see this. Yeah, And so part of it was like we said, yo, who wants to get them on? Like, yo, if y'all know them, hit us up. And our good friend, our partner, Ian Dunlap, was like, yo, I know one of them, do is? And he got me the number. He screenshot at me. He's like, yo, here's the number to one of them. My name is Ashley. And I was like, mat, I'm on it. I said, I'm on it, And so I hit Ashley up and she was like, hey, how you doing. I'm like, hey, Alisia. I knew she didn't know who he was about to respond. And so when we finally got to talk and she said, listen, I just spoke to my team and they know you and they love, love, love the show, and they said we would love to do it and they have to come. They have to come. So shout out shout out to Greg and shout out to to Kevin pumping us up and following that man because that led to this and your story is incredible. So I can't wait to share it with the world. Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 4: So yeah, So nineteen black families purchased ninety seven acres of land and they're actually building a community and it was interesting. So this is with the conversation that we're going to have. Now we have three members of the community. We have actually Scott, we have Kevin James, and we have Greg Mullins and very close, very close shout out to g he has he has a brother named Greg Millings. Yeah, it's very close. So this is just a really a really encouraging story. And you know, if you follow earnerly, you know, we like to give the back stories. And I'm sure when people heard about this, it's one thing to say, Okay, that's inspirational, that's motivational, but like, what's the technical side, Like how do you just buy a community? Like how do you you know, have plumbing, how do you have how do you have a farm? How do you have all this stuff? So these are you know, hopefully the conversation that we can have. So first and foremost, thank you guys for for joining us.
Speaker 5: Appreciate it, thank you.
Speaker 7: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 4: So let's jump right into it, all right, So how do we get the idea to buy a community? Because I was reading some some research and it was like around the time I believe around George Floyd situation, and you know, it was obviously a lot of still is a lot of civil unrest and defund the police, and you know, group economics is a common theme. So how did this come about to say, okay, you know what, we're gonna buy a community and build a community.
Speaker 6: Because before you, I'll be honest with you, when I saw the meme, I was like, ain't real. But y'all saw it and said, let's take gotch what happened?
Speaker 8: But well, first off, I always have to correct people first and foremost, we didn't actually buy the town of Toombsboro. Okay, yes, we bought eight minutes away from Toombsboro in unincorporated Wilkinson County, And so when we first got down there, we were just going to be nosy. We was like, somebody fitting to buy town. Let's go see what's up. Myself, my good friend Renee, my friend Q and her lover Steve we all got on the got in the car and we was like, we're gonna go. I'm a real estate agent.
Speaker 2: And it's always so important the network, and there was so much going on. I'm like, this is my neck of the woods. I'm going down there. So when Renee.
Speaker 8: Brought it to us, because we're firm believers and affirmations and so we were.
Speaker 2: She's my account ability partner.
Speaker 8: So on the morning when Toombsboro first went viral, we were doing our affirmations and she was like, did you see the email I sent you about the Tombsborough going viral?
Speaker 2: I was like, nope, but.
Speaker 8: If I'm down, if we can buy a town for one point seven million dollars, let's figure it out. And so when we got down there, it was interesting because I was like, let's going to be a lot of work, Like the buildings are in complete need of renovation, except for some of the residents. It was like thirty it's thirty six parcels and was called an assemblage of land on forty six acres, and they were mostly commercial properties that needed some work.
Speaker 2: And one thing about commercial.
Speaker 8: Properties is it costs a lot more money to fix up a commercial property than a residential property because the fees for contractors are substantially higher, and the permits, impact fees, all of the stuff that goes on with a commercial renovation is exorbitant. So we were like, Okay, it's potential here for sure. It's about four hundred and ninety five people who actually live in the city of Tombsboro.
Speaker 2: It's predominantly black. They have a black mayor, black chief of police.
Speaker 8: So in my mind, I was like, there's definitely something here. There was like fifty other black real estate agents investors who were there at the open house that day, and from what we've heard through the grapevine is that a black woman from Philly actually ended up purchasing that assemblage. But it didn't come with the town, like it wasn't the city. There's still a mayor, they got their own city hall, there's a whole bunch of other people who still lived there. It was just thirty six different commercial spaces and a few residential units, and in my eyes, for one point seven million, I was like, this is still going to be a long haul to innovate. And we were like, let's look and see what else might be available, because somebody gonna do it might not be us. Somebody's gonna do it. So it was just like, let's see what opportunity might be available. So right down the street, eight minutes away, we found this ninety six acres of land. It was at a price that I was like, you know what, if we get enough people together, we can easily afford this. And Renee, that's my ace and we always talk about how important it is to have you know, one or two or three together can go further faster, right, So she was like, yo, I'm definitely down.
Speaker 2: We can do this ourselves.
Speaker 8: And I was like, well it was raw land, like ninety six acres of nothing but trees and land Georgia red dirt. And so we were like the infrastructure, Like you said, how would we put water in electricity?
Speaker 2: It was there is some road frontage on.
Speaker 8: The main side of the street, but on the other side of the street it's a dirt. We would have to either work with the county to get paved or pave ourselves. So me, being a business person, a real estate agent, I was like, it's gonna be a lot more infrastructure beyond just the purchase and acquiring of the land. And that's when we were in the car. We just looked at each other. I was like, I'm gonna get ten of my friends. She's like, I'll get ten of my friends, and let's go ahead and by this land and let's do this together. Let's build our own subdivision, let's build our own community. And so at the time in the car, I didn't know that it wasn't Toombsboro. After we started doing our due diligence period, that's when we found out it was an unincorporated Wilkinson County.
Speaker 6: So what's the difference between unincorporated and incorporated.
Speaker 8: The big difference is the taxes and whether or not it has a charter. And when you have a charter for an actual city that's recognized by the state, you now get state funding in state income that comes from your being a city. So all of the money that the state collects from sales tax blows all the different ways that the state makes money. When you are actual charter based on your population, you get a piece of that money for your city. And so typically the county and the unincorporated parts that is the jurisdiction of the county and you only have to deal with the county and the state and not the city. And then when you have an actual charter city, you got the city that makes the rules, has its own budgets, has its own city police, has its own fire departments. So by getting in that unincorporated part, that gives us the ability to start write a charter, to start creating our own jurisdiction.
Speaker 6: So then you would be able to create your own police force, your own fire department, your own schools.
Speaker 4: Yes, gotcha, and you'll be able to have your own political how's that working.
Speaker 8: So it would be a mayor and a city council. You'd have your city manager, your county clerk, or it's not your county, your city clerk, your city judge.
Speaker 4: So pretty much, it was a plot of land that was under the counties. It's in the county, but it wasn't.
Speaker 2: Under a city's jis.
Speaker 5: It was juris at all.
Speaker 8: Under the county and the state. So some counties have more restrictions than others.
Speaker 2: And the good thing about being in the South is that we.
Speaker 8: Have this idea of not being involved in big government. That's really what the South really was fighting for. It's fighting for a lot of stuff, but this idea that you can't tell me what to do.
Speaker 2: I get to determine for myself.
Speaker 8: How I treat my property, how I treat my my business, my livelihood, my justice.
Speaker 2: My property.
Speaker 8: That's the ideology of the South is that we want smaller government and more control over our local politics, our local economy. That's that ideal. So the county doesn't have a lot of rules. They got Aroozona no ordinances beyond a two page subdivision ordinance. So when you are thinking about doing a concept like this, that gives you the room and the ability to create what you want, create your own laws, and we have the ability to do that. That's the American dream is that we can create what we want. We can pursue liberty and justice how we choose, and being a law maker is all right. So we have to start making our own rules, making our own laws, and letting the law serve us for a change.
Speaker 2: And so I didn't come up with this.
Speaker 8: What happened was I watched the city of Stonecrust do it two years ago, and they've got a ninety eight point nine percent African American population.
Speaker 2: We got a dope black mayor named Mayor Jason.
Speaker 8: Larry, ninety eight point nine.
Speaker 5: Percent, the one like, what is that.
Speaker 2: It's a couple of white folks, you.
Speaker 8: Know, before we came and started building our city.
Speaker 2: Because it's it's on the outskirts.
Speaker 8: It's not it's an east it's east of Atlanta, and it's got beautiful landscape, Arabia Mountain, it's got the Stonecrust Mall, and had industry, had resources, and we just took.
Speaker 2: It over essentially called Stonecrust City of Stone, CT.
Speaker 5: How big is that?
Speaker 8: Don't give me the lion right now because I don't want to miss close, but it is. It's a it's a decent size if I'm not mistaken. It is one of the largest cities in the in the county of the Cab County. And so yeah, so the Cab County still has the jurisdiction too, and some counties are more hands on the others, Like the Cavs got big government here, Like they got a police department in jail, Yeah, like they got So you have to be strategic. And so Wilkinson County, we've been having great, exceptional experiences with the sheriff there, with the.
Speaker 2: County manager there.
Speaker 8: They're all black and they're cool, intelligent, Black excellence is what we found in Wilkinson County already and it's a little slower, yes, but and it's in that mode of wanting to develop. So we get to come here and we can help develop this county, which is really exciting.
Speaker 6: So when you decide like, yeah, we're going to do this, you're going to Wilson County to say like, yes, we want this land.
Speaker 2: No, it's not that I.
Speaker 8: Go to Wilkinson County. Wilkinson County doesn't own the land. There are people who own the land like regular folks own the land. And so this particular piece of land was for sale, was listed for sale. It had been owned by released By Lumber company. So this is very wooded, very it's raw land, and it's six minutes away from the Oconee River. Six it's right along the balls Ferry National Park, which is a newly named national park. So there's just certain things as far as development is concerned, that makes this an exciting opportunity.
Speaker 3: Worter is a big one.
Speaker 5: So let me ask, Let me ask Kevin. Let me ask you this question.
Speaker 4: Because you're an entrepreneur, So all right, I think everybody has like different skill sets, right, so you you agreed to be you know, a founding member in this community. And but as an entrepreneur, you know, like no community can thirst can flourish without business. So did you think, Okay, I'm gonna buy into this, but we need to have a store. We eventually we need to have a bank. Like what's your thoughts on how to develop from the economic side of things, Like, as far as right now, it's just it's just land and then you guys are gonna build, So like, what's the steps to actually get it up and running the houses, stores, things that nature.
Speaker 7: To answer your first question, yes, I immediately started going into entrepreneurial mode and I was just like, okay, well, let's start connecting the dots.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 7: Its sound like you're building a house where you need to lay the foundation. That foundation is the land check. Now you need to put in your beams, your studs, your drywall, things of that nature. So we're kind of dressing it up. Definitely need local businesses. You know, we said that we want to be the change that we want to see in the world, and we said it all the time, even in the Zoom. You know, we need an assistant, we need an accountant, we need this, we need that, we let's work from it inside first, inside the group internally, and then if we don't have the skill set to do that, then we can go ahead and reach outward, you know.
Speaker 9: And that's the same thing with any business.
Speaker 7: You know, if you have somebody in your family that makes cupcakes, why are you going down the street to go buy cupcakes? You know, go have your auntie naked or what have you. So that was my whole thing when I got put onto it, like cool, this is I'm already doing this. Now we get to do this with eighteen other people.
Speaker 6: I want to go with that number eighteen or nineteen because I'm prior to hearing it. When I heard the story, I'm like, oh, okay, And as you kind of said it, like I'll find out of my friends. You find none of your friends, and it sounds great, like none of your friends, and like, okay, and that's eighteen and we'll do this together.
Speaker 3: But you guys didn't know each other.
Speaker 6: What was that process of getting to know these these these gentlemen and these these families.
Speaker 10: Well, it was, it was it just definitely a different process. We, like you said, a lot of different personalities are coming into a mix, and we were actually being introduced through zoom and so you know, you don't really get a good feel of like how this person really is, how they talk when they're you know, when you're around them, and shaking hands.
Speaker 9: And all that good stuff. So you know, in the beginning, it was it was always loved.
Speaker 10: We always have the same motivation, you know, to become just to make to make this thing really really big, and so it was we had that going and then you know as time went time goes on, you sort of learned the personalities and stuff like that, so you get used to people and then you know, most of the people are coming with their spouses, so you know, you know, like you have the me and my wife are there, and my wife knows Ashley, so through me through her, I met Kevin and all the other guys and stuff like that. So you know, we had a former bond and kind of just go from there. It's like like I said, we always have the same we have the same wavation, so we we just stick with that kind of you know, kind of just happened. We had the same extracurricular activities as well. You know, we like the same books and the same fun things that we do outside of work, you know, that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: So so this started as a Zoomian.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know what, I didn't get that, like we did, we miss that.
Speaker 8: A lot of people felt the same way though, Like there's a lot of people who looked up and was mad.
Speaker 2: At us, like a man.
Speaker 9: You know what, I noticed a lot of people wanted more for me.
Speaker 10: A lot of people, I feel a lot of people wanted more information than what we can give.
Speaker 5: But it wasn't but.
Speaker 9: It wasn't even that we had it to give.
Speaker 10: It was more like figuring out that, you know, we were figuring out that we were going on and if you weren't with that, then that you just went with that.
Speaker 2: And some people don't be with that.
Speaker 8: You know, there's different types of people that you got the people who just like, look, I just want to be with my friends.
Speaker 2: You got the people like I need to know all the facts. You got the people.
Speaker 9: I'm just wing to sound like, you know.
Speaker 10: And then at the time it was like, you know, it's like you know, like you were saying the George Floord thing, it was just so much happening, and for me, I just.
Speaker 9: Had to get away.
Speaker 10: I wanted to get to escape to I'm tired of having to travel of this here and there another just to get away for a little while. You know, I get to go two hours down the road to have that getaway to that so often need, like this is what I'm here for.
Speaker 9: That's how that's how it started.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I look at it like like we got drafted, right, and Renee and Ashley were the ones, you know, the commissioners if you will, And they were like, you know, who would we want to be like neighbors with, Like who would we see ourselves living with. Let's just go get a bunch of cool people and see if they want to get down, you know. And I was just less to be one of them. You know, I only knew Ashley, you know, I got on the zoom and they were like eighteen other faces. I was just like, yeah, some people are marriage, some people have spousals, some people have you know, they went to high school together. And then there's me, you know, and they're like, who is this dude?
Speaker 5: Right right right? You know.
Speaker 7: So we're still kind of working out those kind of dynamics, but it's it's all part of the journey.
Speaker 5: So no embrace.
Speaker 4: Actually you were saying that so you're talking telling me, like the steps. Now you have to find an architect and you have to can you talk about that, because like it's one thing, all right, So you get the land, you get you get the families.
Speaker 5: Everybody agrees to it. Now you just have one hundred acres.
Speaker 8: It's a lot of money, a lot of money. Step the step is a mass as much money as.
Speaker 2: You can, right, so listen.
Speaker 8: It literally starts with buying the land. That's the easiest. First, that's the easiest part is buying the land, setting up the LLC so that we could buy the land.
Speaker 2: We did that two days. That's easy.
Speaker 8: The harder parts are spending that money on the photographical survey to find out what the topography is and whether or not you can build. If it's too steep here that means you can't build here, soil samples, percolation tests, water testing, environmental testing, environmental impact fees.
Speaker 2: There's always another step.
Speaker 8: And then because we have such a massive project, it's not just one hundred acres, like to be a city, we need at least six hundred and forty acres a square mile radius. So you constantly like, okay, that means we got to acquire more land. So you have to negotiate the next conversation with the neighbors, like a neighbor, can I get your land so that we can get this puzzle piece going, so that we can eventually have enough of the requirements meant to push a charter through the legislature.
Speaker 3: So if this is like building blocks, this is just the first piece.
Speaker 5: Nothing.
Speaker 3: Still get a few more pieces to make it a city.
Speaker 8: Yeah, action and the people, because you got to have at least two hundred residents, and so every little thing is strategic and even the politics of it all making sure that Wilkinson County knows that we're here to help uplift them.
Speaker 2: We're here to add value to the county.
Speaker 8: If we can attract more people to the area, that means Toombsboro, Goarton, Ivy, all of those people doubling. They get to benefit from that economic development too of now having more people in the area. So there's so many different things. But technically, yes, you have to get a civil engineer. From the civil engineer, he's going to just do like, Okay, this is your roads, this is your setbacks, this is your stormwater runoff, this is your waste water management. A waste water management system state of the art can cost a million dollars, and that's.
Speaker 2: If you're doing it like top of the line and you're trying to be eco friendly.
Speaker 8: And that's our goal. Our goal is to build the best and so taking the time to research and find like, who is the best, who is the person that can create as a black person, because sometimes I don't want to put it this way because I think we have enough talent to do everything ourselves, but sometimes the people who are most qualified might not be black. So then we have to look at, well, what does that look like when we have to go to an ally and say, hey, can you partner with this subcontractor or the sub vendor so that we can put some black people onto the project, because y'all the only ones who.
Speaker 2: Can do it.
Speaker 8: Because that's all of the types of things that we're navigating. Even when we talk about we're going to have to put homeowners insurance on every single house that we build in Freedom, we would love to be able to put a black homeowner's insurance. Be the writer, the person who writes the policy, not the person who writes the policy, but the actual insurance agency. We don't have a black owned insurance agency. We got Guico State Farm ain't no black ones. So that's the kind of stuff that we are always thinking about when it comes to this journey of building a community that meets all of our needs and that is pro black and allows us to really support black businesses in that way, because we that's what our goal is every step of the way. We want to put black businesses on and so looking at how do we do that, how do we hire the best civil engineer, the best city planner, Because after you hire the civil engineer, he lays out the roads. Now somebody's got a plan. Okay, the subdivision is going to go here, this subdivision is going to go there.
Speaker 2: This is where the.
Speaker 8: Agricultural goes, this is where the industrial goes. And if we don't want to have polluted air, we might need to move industry way over here. If we need the you know, waste water management, and how can we utilize permit culture so that everything's regenerative.
Speaker 2: Like we having those kinds of conversations.
Speaker 4: So I feel this is like, you know, Sims, that's why.
Speaker 3: Mike might used to kill that.
Speaker 6: We used to catch them in the computer room in eighth grade.
Speaker 5: That founts.
Speaker 4: But So and SIMS if anybody's not familiar, SIMS was a video game back in the days. Was a computer game where you can build your own city. So this sounds like it reminds me of SIMS. So and your brain. All, I want to get all of your opinions on this. How do you envision your city looking like right now, it's just land, but in the perfect world if everything goes perfect, which never nothing ever goes perfect. But how what's your blueprint in your brain that you want a bank, you want a school, you want what do you?
Speaker 5: What do you? What are you envision in the in the community.
Speaker 8: But I wasna say, y'all hear it, And everybody's got a different vision. Like when I think, because at the end of the day, I'm a relator, so I always kind of go back to the real estate.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, it's going to be.
Speaker 8: Different subdivisions, some kinds because I don't never want to live nowhere where every house look the same, but some people like the uniformity of I want every house on my subdivision to look the same. And when I think about building freedom, I want people to have choices. I think that's what freedom is genuinely about So we got the misers. That's like, look, I want a little subdivision where I can have v We're gonna put them way in the back. You can hear I see having different communities, different vibes where we're not all on top of each other. Because it's rural and it's beautiful. We got a lot of wildlife, lots of animals. We don't want to run them all. We want to be as eco friendly and as environmentally and naturally in harmony as we can because the land is just gorgeous, so like it won't be a whole bunch of skyscrapers or none of that, because the rural beauty of this scenic landscape is the selling.
Speaker 3: Point real quick.
Speaker 6: Because I'm thinking, like, even when you said the waste management piece of it, yes, eco friendly, But as you're building it, are you building it for the ninety seven acres first, or you're building it with the intent that, yo, we're going to acquire more land.
Speaker 2: Is that what we absolutely are doing it with the intent to acquire more land.
Speaker 3: Got you? Got you?
Speaker 6: And the other part was said, two hundred people have to live there? How many acres does it have to be?
Speaker 8: So technically, because we of the jurisdiction of Wilkinson is it is it.
Speaker 3: A state mandate or is it a county man's a.
Speaker 8: County mandate typically, but so we this is raw, right, so they don't have everybody out there in this area that they told us. We thought Tombsboro was the bulldogs. They told us where we Bortland was the bulldogs.
Speaker 2: They were like, oh, you in the boon Dog. I was like, sir, you think so they're they're on well, they're on septic right now.
Speaker 8: So county code means that anybody builds there has to have at least an acre, a minimum of an acre to put your well in your septic tank on for.
Speaker 3: Your home, like a water well.
Speaker 2: A waterwall, like you got a jail. Yeah, excuse me. So we do have, you know, awesome technology.
Speaker 8: I got all everywhere I go, Like, I shout out to Moses West. He has atmospheric water generation technology that literally separates the hydrogen and oxygen particles from the air to generate gallons thousands of gallons a day. His technology is a piece of technology that they utilized in Puerto Rico to bring freshwater to Puerto Rico after the hurricane hit, So like we have black excellence all around us, and so being able to implement those kinds of technologies is what we want to do. We want That's why when I wrote my Black Blavity piece, my Opta, I said, we can have what kind of like we really can, Like the sky is not even the limit. Like anything we can conceive, we can create, and there are so many people already out here doing it, doing it dope, like doing some dope things. So being able to attract those kinds of resources and those kinds of people has been the most exciting part about it, and which is one of the reasons why we went public. Because everybody always talk about you know, on conversations on social media.
Speaker 2: I people talk too much. I should have kept it to y'allself, and.
Speaker 8: I'm just like, but we would not have inspired a generation people all over the world. We wouldn't have been able to attract the resources people like, look, I will help you do this because they want to see this succeed.
Speaker 2: Because we had so many black cities that were burnt down.
Speaker 8: To completely destroyed for no reason other than white aggression and jealousy in misdirection. And so this is a chance for our ancestors do something that can honor them because they were so talented, they had so many dreams, so many prayers, and to be the answer to those prayers is what this moment is about.
Speaker 6: So I'm going to ask all three of you a question, and ask I've heard you speak about it before, but the importance and you use the word a safe haven for black families, what does that look like and how does that come about?
Speaker 3: I guess all three of you can answer really.
Speaker 9: Uh okay, yeah, all right.
Speaker 7: So growing up, like I'm from New York too, and we used to have the Pledge of allegiance. This is this is what I was saying on the zoom, but the zoom the audio went out a little bit Pledge of allegiance. You stand to your feet, you put your hand over your heart, turn to the flag. All right, I'm gonna spare you the words. But at the end it says liberty and justice for all, and that wasn't really reflected in my neighborhood. I was a little confused growing up, you know, like every day you brainwashing us to say this, but that's not what I'm seeing, you know what I mean, where's the liberty and justice for all the all part, you know. So I guess I started my path to just kind of go down and have it make sense for me eventually, you know. So networking that's how it became an entrepreneur.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 7: It just didn't feel right, you know, going and making somebody else rich and you know, getting the peanuts and not really getting the the respect that I needed, Like I'm running this company, you know, so just trying to make that make sense, you know. So I do that with my family, with my friends, with people I meet strangers, you know, because that's the change I want to see in the world. So I live that, you know. So that's what that looks like for me. People that have a vision that may not have the support that they may that they may need. You know, it's tough being an entrepreneur, I know, you know how many man just as my mom still wants me to be a pilot to this day.
Speaker 5: To this day.
Speaker 7: Sorry Mom, it's not happy you no, But but for those people who need that support, that's all it takes. You know, you have a vision, you may not have the little components that you may need, but your neighbor might have it. Your cousin's friend might have it, you know, somebody went to high school with, might know somebody you know. Get that network together right and then you can achieve that, you know. But the key thing with that is getting the right mindset. So we don't want that kind of mindset in our land, in our world. Know that mindset is everything, just everything. You know, if you think you can or you think you can't, probably right, oh right, you know what I'm saying. So you know, I gotta think actually again for you know, we talk even before this, you know, offline about a lot of different entrepreneurial experiences and things that we wanted to do. But it's because of the mindset. I wouldn't have conversations I have with her, with you know, my neighbor who doesn't have.
Speaker 3: The mindset for it.
Speaker 7: So that's the kind of people that we want to see. That's the safe haven. When we say the safe haven, it's not only from police and things of that nature, but it's from all forms of oppression. Oppression is not just police, you know, that could be negative vibes from a spouse or from a loved one, or from your boss, or from your neighbor or your parents, or from whoever, you know, So a place where you can feel free to experience life and you don't have to worry about that kind of stuff and you can really focus on your dream and your mission, you know. So you know, I'm glad you brought that up because we're gonna be need a lot of help. So we're here to here today too to reach out, you know, like you know, people of like minds. If this is something that speaks to your soul, speaks to your spirit, please reach out to us, you know, reach.
Speaker 10: Out to us. A safe even for me, you know, similar to what you guys were saying as well. You know, I have I have an eight year old son and a nine year old nephew that stayed with me and everything, and it's like, you know, they get to go outside and not have to worry about microaggressions from you know, a neighbor who doesn't understand their culture, you know, riding down the street on their bike and he might be too close to the cars and now he's calling the police or throwing rocks or something like that. You know, they can really just be free, like literally be free. You know, you go outside and you don't have to worry about where they're at, and you're gonna want to know, you know, just because but you don't have to worry about where they're like really worried. Because I'm Aberund. My dad was in the military. I used to leave the house at eight o'clock in the morning and not show up until now, No one ever worried about where I was. I mean, my parents never showed the interesting me. They showed the interest, but they weren't worried. I know, they weren't worried, And so that's what the same tabe is for me. Then also this whole land you know, this whole experience is it not just the safe haven. It's more of like retribution, Like we're getting land back. We're taking land that was taken away from people in my family from years ago. I'm like, as this is becoming, you know, as I'm getting more involved with this, you know, I'm talking to my family members and knowing more because you know, I'm involved with this, and they're telling me stories of things that happened to them, you know in the forties and the fifties, how land was literally just taken from them.
Speaker 9: Like like you know what, this is not yours? Anymore.
Speaker 5: I'm taking it.
Speaker 9: You can't do anything.
Speaker 5: About it, you know.
Speaker 10: So I'm like, wow, I didn't even like I had no ideas even happen in my family. But now I'm learning about the history of my family, not just mine. It's so many people in the South who have land like literally taken from them, like just just because they were black, no other reason than that, just because you were black.
Speaker 9: I want this land.
Speaker 10: It's mine now, So all these like you know, especially in Concord, Georgia. You know it's owned by one family, but that one family literally was taking land away from black people. It was like, it was wow, Like my generation is a part of that. Like my cousin, one of my older cousins, Remember, he literally remembers the house burning down because they burned it down in order to get that land.
Speaker 5: That it was that serious.
Speaker 9: I hadn't mean, I had no idea, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: None of these conversations were had just because you know, they kind of wanted to get rid of those memories, and now this is kind of brought them back up. Like I told them, like, you know what, I'm gonna speak for you guys. I'm gonna make sure that you know, people know your story and I'm this land is for y'all too, so you can come up here and get some red dirt play wherever.
Speaker 5: You want to do, you know.
Speaker 6: So that's that's that's what it means as well, just going through that process, discovering that and now, yes, that's crazy, that's amazing.
Speaker 4: Because this sounds like a very costly project as far as, like you said, even the sewage system.
Speaker 3: Like ERNESDS what's up.
Speaker 6: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works, like the checkout is fast, or seats are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of.
Speaker 3: Our merch partners.
Speaker 6: Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments. It's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot Com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure, they definitely can be, But understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 11: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast? Easy? Just use Indeed. Stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With INDEED sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer, speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash po d kat z thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash po d kat z thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need.
Speaker 5: A million dollars? So can you get loans for this type of project?
Speaker 2: Or yes, we can get loans.
Speaker 4: Just can you talk about like how does get loan for something that's not built? Like, well, how does that work?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 8: So, I mean, first of all, we're in rural lands, so we get USDA opportunities for our agricultural USDA loans.
Speaker 5: We haven't talked about that yet, but that's something that people should be very very.
Speaker 8: Aware aware, especially if you're talking about building a house in the rural area.
Speaker 2: It's a zero down payment.
Speaker 5: Can you talk about that, yeah, USDA, Yeah, So.
Speaker 8: The United States Department of Agriculture pretty much get guarantees that you go through a bank, le your traditional bank. You let them know that I'm purchasing in this area. It's similar to like even a VA loan. You qualify for a VA loan by being a honorably discharged veteran or you could be still in the Armed forces. But it's a zero down loan, and our federal government backs those loans, so if you didn't pay it, they would be responsible for it. So the threshold for requirements are a little lower than traditional conventional loans. So that's why you're able to get that loan at zero down versus having to put your twenty percent down because the government backs it. You go through a regular bank, you can go through a land bank or what's known as an agricultural bank, a credit union, and you just say, hey, I want to purchase this land in this rural area. It does have to qualify based on the zip code it's in but if it does meet those qualifications. When you meet certain qualifications, then you'll be able to purchase it through their zero down program.
Speaker 4: So so you got the USDA loans and any other type of like regular banks, they can their loan money as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, And so the key is to have a good credit score.
Speaker 2: Make sure the people.
Speaker 8: If you're talking about getting a loan for your business, everybody in the business needs to also have good credit.
Speaker 2: So credit is essential.
Speaker 8: It's the essential thing in this game is making sure that credit score. Everybody should be shooting for at least a seven hundred. I would love to see eight hundreds. But the reality is the thing that keeps a lot of people from progressing in life is the ability to leverage credit. And the way that you leverage credit is by having that credit score. And you have to show those income streams. You need to be able to show that you have cash flow and revenue streams coming in so that you can get as much credit as you possibly can. So right now we're at that place because we're a brand new business. It's hard for for us to get traditional credit right now without having assets and to show that we got income streams. We don't have income streams yet because we're building a town, so we have to take the route of working with a hard money lender, and that's private money that has a little less stringent underwriting. So there's a million ways to skin a cat. The most important thing is to make sure that your credit score is as high as it possibly can be.
Speaker 2: And so that leads me to.
Speaker 8: I'm a brand ambassador for a black owned, not black managed credit and business financing and funding company called Novay Money, and so that organization actually helps people to increase their credit score, helps them to establish business credit and access funding, because that's what we need to actually be able to build our businesses, is that good credit and that access to capital. And since venture capitalists traditionally are still not funding black businesses, all of.
Speaker 2: The research is dismal.
Speaker 8: Even now, even after all these people came out and said black lives matter, we ready to support y'all, nothing has changed in the venture capitalist space. So we have to have this ability to access money through our black banks like Unity Bank, like Citizens Trust Bank, one United Bank, having those relationships Unity Bank and that credit score because they can only do so much, Like you can't go to the bank without no income streams and without and with poor credit. So it's up to us to make sure that we're educated, we're financially educated, that we understand the entire credit pie because the reality is you could have missed a few payments. That's not the only way to increase your credit score. You can increase your credit score by opening additional lines of credit. You can increase your credit score by making sure your oldest line of credit doesn't close, that you keep that open forever in your history. Like, there's these pieces to the pie that we have to become more educated about. And when we are able, for every eight hundred creates one hundred thousand of leverage.
Speaker 6: So when you and shout Rene, because Rene has been emailing you back and forth shouting when you were in the quote unquote drafting, is that some of the criteria You're like, listen, guys, if you want to be part of this, this is no.
Speaker 2: I wasn't. Yeah, it was after the day, and that now we have to contend with. Yeah, I'm in real estate agent. I'm like, look, we just gonna get this land. Like I was like, who got this check?
Speaker 8: And so everybody came up with the board I land like so no, in that case, No, we do have We do have some people in our collective as exceptional credit.
Speaker 2: We have some people who have challenge credit. I have.
Speaker 8: I'm just now getting to the place where I'm not so challenged, you know, like it's a journey, and we have to just be honest and have these kinds of conversations because it's not impossible. You just have to have the right education and right partners and accountability partners are everything.
Speaker 2: People like Kevin when he started talking about his CRIS, I'm like, get my game.
Speaker 8: To make sure I got my little self together. I'm like, I want to be able to go get my.
Speaker 2: R V too.
Speaker 8: So those are the conversations that you have with you know, like we keep saying, like minded individuals, we go further faster together.
Speaker 2: That credit is everything.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I think it's dope because you're growing together. But you're also educating each other. Right, So you didn't come in with that education, but now everybody's on the same plan and everybody's educating each other. I want to go back to the land because I heard and I read the first thing that you guys are doing is building out the agriculture and the farming.
Speaker 3: You talk about why that's so important.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean food is everything. Like we watch enough Walking Dig Stop playing with me, y'all. We watch enough Walking Dead and enough of these Hollywood shows to know when it all goes down and it's fee out, money start crashing, what we're gonna need to eat and some water. So that's why farming comes first around here.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 8: Granted, we've been doing more events first because that's just a revenue stream that's quick and easy. Camp out events. We got dope musicians and our collective. My husband's a musician, our friend Q is a dope song stress, my pastor and first Lady, our dope our ministry and worship leaders. So we have dope events like our jam sessions be lit. So the events are one of the first things that we've been doing because that's like the lowest cost barrier that we can start generating revenue from because you just need the land, right.
Speaker 3: So is that what the Big Black.
Speaker 2: Bank jobs were coming to the Big.
Speaker 6: Black camp Out because I might go camping, get some people camping.
Speaker 2: There was a lot of people. Can people came from.
Speaker 3: All over then tell everybody what it is.
Speaker 8: So the Big Black camp Out is our annual event where we are encouraging black families to get outdoors. We hashtag Diversify Outdoors because there's an entire black camping culture like shout out the Melanated Camp, Black Urban Camp Weekend. It's so many Black girls camp like this. We we be outside, we be doing stuff like I don't know, everybody trying to act like we're not out here getting this fresh air and living our best life in nature and outdoors because we do. And so we had really cool people outdoors men, sportsmen and just regular for who had never been camping before, who would have never went camping if it wasn't a group event, because it's like, you.
Speaker 12: Know, like I'm not going out there with no bears.
Speaker 8: Wild wild, boar wild, and you know, but camping together collectively.
Speaker 2: It was so dope.
Speaker 8: People really enjoyed it and people bought their their r vs.
Speaker 2: Like it was so fun.
Speaker 8: And we we had music, we had live performances, we had the vendors out. We really just enjoyed ourselves and we're gonna do it every year.
Speaker 2: It's gonna just get bigger and better.
Speaker 10: People were so comfortable they literally slipt outside on the on the ground.
Speaker 5: When was it?
Speaker 3: When was it labor? We're talking like campfires and.
Speaker 4: That was that was a fundraiser to have the fund. Okay, so are you guys recruiting lack of a better word, are you recruiting other people or like somebody saying, Okay, I want to be part of this movement, part of this community. Do they go online and sign up? Do they can they make donations? Like what's get drafted?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna give y'all a little secret sauce. I like y'all.
Speaker 8: Two ways you get drafted right. First way is the easiest way. Go to www dot Freedom Georgia dot com. There's a bunch of checkboxes, click or form for whatever you're interested in buying land, being a resident, being a strategic partner or business owner, Yes, volunteers. There's a lot of options. So if you won't get involved, go to Freedom Georgia dot com.
Speaker 12: But if you really want to be down with us, like you really want to be down with what were doing, we have partnered with a national nonprofit organization called the Black Achievement Fund.
Speaker 8: The Black Achievement Fund is a simple concept. Ten million black folks giving nine dollars a month, there's less than Hulu, there's less than Netflix. You got nine dollars, that's less than your coffee you spend on a weekday. We can create a sustainable income of ninety million dollars a month where we can then create our own communities with our own money.
Speaker 2: We don't got to owe nobody nothing but to love them.
Speaker 8: And if we can create this with this just nine dollars membership, we are offering grants, business loans. We'll be building businesses of much needed services like dentists offices and administrative offices that just by being a member that pays nine dollars a month, you'll be able to access these services at no cost or at cost and adult visit.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So the president and the founder of the Black Achievement Fund is an exceptional historian historian.
Speaker 2: From Cornell University.
Speaker 8: He has conceptualized this, tested this, there's re search that went into this, that this is how we build for ourselves. And so we are designated so you can make a tax deductible donation and designate the Freedom Georgia Initiative. And whenever we do anything Black Achievement Fund members hear about it first, because that's how you put your money where your mouth is. This is how we create economic power. This is how we create political power by joining together and putting our money where our mouth is.
Speaker 2: And it's just nine dollars.
Speaker 8: And that little gift, that donation that you're gonna get to write off anyway at the end of the year, that's gonna make a big impact for our communities.
Speaker 2: And it comes with benefits. Membership has benefits.
Speaker 8: So you can go to www dot b a f dot Solutions and you can really really be a part of joining this movement by contributing that nine dollars a month.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you this, so all right, so when did you guys think is gonna be up and running, like as far as like when are were breaking around on the first house or the first road or what what does come first? Like is the houses come first? Is the farm come first?
Speaker 2: The farm comes first first.
Speaker 8: So the first thing that we're doing is the farmhouse. Because we have a master farmer that is a part of our collective.
Speaker 2: And to be perfectly honest, like.
Speaker 8: Until we can liberate her from the corporate plantation, she can't come farm.
Speaker 2: So we got to build her house.
Speaker 8: We gotta make sure she's got a salary, and then we can start the farming because someone's got to be there around the clock to actually farm that land and you know, make sure it's growing the right way, that's getting the right water, that the pollination is going away, because sometimes you have to self pollinate these days because.
Speaker 2: The bees is disappearing. We got a lot of bees on our land.
Speaker 8: We got bees, but you do need someone there to tend the land, like we have to stewart the land. So the very first step is to make sure that the person who's qualified, our certified master farmer, has the ability to live there and do that. So as soon as we can, we're going to be putting our farmhouse and that'll actually serve as an income stream because we'll be able to airb and be it and invite guests and visitors to come enjoy the land, and then we'll have the farming and start. The next step from there will be our teeny retreat center, like we want to have teeny cabins so that way people can because the land is gorgeous.
Speaker 2: If we don't do nothing else but just come and hang.
Speaker 8: Out and just spend time on the land, that experience alone is worth every penny because it's just so nice. And so by creating this avery tourism and eco tourism economy, first will begin to start putting the houses and the vacation homes, the retirement homes.
Speaker 2: Every phase leads to the next phase.
Speaker 6: So how often, because I remember when we were talking, it was like, k I'm not going to be on the land that day. How often is somebody I guess, out of the nineteen families actually on the land, is somebody always there?
Speaker 2: No, That's why.
Speaker 8: We'd be like, stop calling us and stop showing up to our land, y'all, Like not just come jumping up, you know, people crazy. Yeah, and we got signs up now, stop trespassing on our land y'all.
Speaker 2: People just driving around.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's the tree I saw.
Speaker 8: Don't come to our land unless we invite you, like people.
Speaker 2: All the time, but we are not there. We got regular jobs.
Speaker 8: Like one of the things we say at the time is like we regular people, even though we're not regular.
Speaker 2: Really we're a little regularly, you.
Speaker 8: Know, we're exceptional people, but we're regular, you know, Like, so we got jobs, like my husband works for Marda, So we don't be at the land every weekend we go when we got something to do. When we got like so this weekend that we're getting ready to be there, we're building a sweat lodge because we're getting ready to have an event called a Black Girl Magic Retreat is a private event that we're hosting. And then we have our Freedom Fall Festival coming up. So whenever we have an event, it brings us to the land. When we got something going on, we ain't got nothing going on with it.
Speaker 3: I heard this and I'm like, how's this pot?
Speaker 6: Well, obviously you have aography, got somebody that's doing it.
Speaker 3: Maybe obviously engineers going to create a lake.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's how.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 8: We are lucky enough to have a creek already on the land, and so there's a couple of ways that can happen, Like we'll have to.
Speaker 2: Dig first, Like digging is the major thing.
Speaker 8: If we're lucky enough, we'll hit a spring or aquifire that might actually make the lake happen for us, Like that will be the most idental situation when we hit a spring that would be lovely.
Speaker 2: We have to fill it up.
Speaker 3: When we call it Moses West.
Speaker 2: Let me holler, Let that water atmospheric.
Speaker 3: Generator we're gonna need a million gallons, and.
Speaker 2: Then that's how you fill it up. You order the water, you fill it up.
Speaker 8: It's some things that we might have to gravel it, or we might have to put some clay.
Speaker 2: It's probably clay.
Speaker 8: We might it might already be clay because we kind of it's funny enough.
Speaker 2: The street is called Little Sandy Creek, so.
Speaker 8: It's probably not what we want, which is sand, because sand means the water we constantly filter out of it. We'd have to keep filling it back up, or we'll have to amend the soil in such a way that we have enough clay that it keeps the water in there. So it's it's a lot of engineering. I'm not the expert, but we have people who are. Are one of our elders, we call her profit is Caroline Sunny.
Speaker 2: Every week, that's her.
Speaker 8: She's a fisherman and her and her husband they own a boat.
Speaker 2: They go fishing all the time.
Speaker 8: So right now they're okay because the Coney river's right there, so the good green they boat down.
Speaker 2: They go on the river. But they're like, look this lake.
Speaker 8: This lake, though, that's the only thing they worry about right now. This Lake, and I'm like, I promised them with lake. That's how I knew they was gonna sign up that they wanted the lake, because like I'm a marketer, So I was like, I look, I was like, I know who I want and I know what they hot button.
Speaker 2: So I was like, we're gonna put this lake on this presentation.
Speaker 4: So let me let me ask you this, because you any of you guys can ser this. You always hear like Georgia Georgia and Atlanta is different, like Atlanta is like the Black Haven, but once you go outside of Atlanta, it's like it's a whole different environment. So you guys are outside of Atlanta in the country, We've heard so many stories about the South, the rural south, the country, like.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean, Like it's it's true. So yeah, how's thet.
Speaker 4: How's the hospitality been? And being that you're looking to buy more land, do you think that now that people know what you did, like that they'll be reluctant.
Speaker 2: No, they're happy to sell all land. Like people are.
Speaker 8: Always happy to make money, Like they don't never change.
Speaker 9: Like this one thing. They all care about that game.
Speaker 12: Right.
Speaker 10: The folks down there are welcoming though. Everybody's that everyone in that area, in that county, county.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's their family oriented because this is the kind of place. Like Wilkinson County has nine thousand residents, so they got three schools Wilkinson High School, Wilkinson Middle School, Wilkinson Elementary for seven cities.
Speaker 5: Everybody goes to school.
Speaker 8: Everybody go to They.
Speaker 9: Literally just walking to your property as if they like they know you.
Speaker 5: Like this is like.
Speaker 2: It's like sir, Now they do all walk it's the country. So they all walk around with guns.
Speaker 8: The right to bear arms is big, like and that's anybody, the white folks, black folks, everybody got we got guns. We have guns like an amendment rights. We got guns.
Speaker 2: And to be clear.
Speaker 12: To be clear, we are legal, like we're veterans, like we got guns.
Speaker 2: You know how we do.
Speaker 3: So we're creating the loss.
Speaker 8: So everybody's been cool, everybody has been kind. Like I said, it's a it's a diverse community. It's lots of good black folks, lots of good white folks. Everybody is not even really about color. It's about a culture. And they got that kind of small town culture that makes you feel at home, makes you want to be there. Like every time I go, I feel like I'm going home, Like it feels so good whenever we get.
Speaker 7: To Absolutely there have been people that came to the land and got lost, and one of the locals, just in the pickup truck, was like, yeah, we are.
Speaker 2: Found some people over here.
Speaker 3: I think they're looking for you.
Speaker 9: Exactly.
Speaker 8: They because it's a lot that's a big hunting community, and so like they be hunting, so they.
Speaker 5: Noticed we do they have.
Speaker 10: We're gonna we're gonna do it too with wild turkey hunting and board honting.
Speaker 2: Yep, dove hunting.
Speaker 6: Interesting some of some of the I guess I feedback, but our criticism of it is that all you guys are building a black community. But I like the word you said, allies, So that's not it's not that it's just for black people.
Speaker 3: You will have people of other races.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna take care of the world, I know, So that that's the purpose of it right there there.
Speaker 3: There's it's going to be diversity as well where you go.
Speaker 2: Where we ain't got diversity.
Speaker 4: But I don't even see why it even has to be diverse, because you go to Chinatown and there's no diversity and nobody nobody says anything. Yeah, every major city in America and all over the world.
Speaker 6: It's crazy because that was that was part of the critics. Like when we put the post up, it was like, oh my god, this is racist.
Speaker 10: I saw that on your Black people try to do anything they try, it's always something that you always trying to find something wrong with it to discredit it. Something this is the problem with this is the problem days, Like come on now, I mean, like you were saying, just tying totown, no one going to complain about that.
Speaker 9: I know in New York.
Speaker 5: My wife is in the Long Island.
Speaker 10: And she was we woul drive around when I first met her, and she was I was like, no, fascinating New York and all that, and she would just show me these places where even if you had the money, you can't live there because if you're not you know, Italian or from China, you know China, whatever the case may be, they don't want you and then you're not going to live there. So no one goes to complain about that at all. I mean, it's just the way it is. But you come up. We would have a city and I was sitting with this and with.
Speaker 7: That, it is like, come on now, well you know that's the reason why I think that's a big reason why we even did this, all right, because I mean, I mean, I mean, I was originally was born in Trinidad, but I grew up in Brooklyn. One of my friends wanted to get a Brownstone and in the best style area, and she had to go through one of her allies to get it. They would they literally would not sell to her. She showed up in her blackness, you know, she's Afro Latina, and they were like, oh, yeah, it's just missed it not for sale. Is we have another buyer or whatever whatever the story was, showed up with.
Speaker 5: One of her allies.
Speaker 7: Boom, paperwork done. But so just to talk about what you were saying, Yeah, there's a little China, Italy, you know, all of these different places.
Speaker 5: Nobody say anything about that.
Speaker 7: When a construction company and a whole subdivision goes up, it's not a white subdivision. It's just a subdivision just happen to be millenated. I mean, I don't really see the big deal, but apparently I know where we are.
Speaker 2: I know, I think the fact.
Speaker 8: That we said it like that's the thing, like we set it out loud is the problem, and it's not and it shouldn't be a problem because what we typically see is they discriminate through finances. Because if you put a three hundred thousand dollars house up, most people who look like us can't afford it, and those who can, when they do buy it, they probably are going to feel very unwelcome.
Speaker 3: They ain't gonna be three hundred. It's gonna be like four hundred.
Speaker 12: It might be five.
Speaker 2: Especially when we start talking about.
Speaker 8: Gated communities and top areas with the best schools, they we get priced out of it, and so they don't have to call it a white community.
Speaker 2: They just call it a rich community.
Speaker 8: And if you happen to be black and get in there, they're gonna make you feel unwealthy.
Speaker 10: They're gonna be one of you be one of a few, and then you know you're gonna have a kid, especially they're darthy, and they're gonna you get area is gonna.
Speaker 2: Be Yeah, you're gonna wonder why they constantly.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm glad you brought that up, though, because that's that's something that we haven't been able to control. The narrative in the initial stages. You know, these news agencies they want you know, hot yea, they want to sensationalize it, you know. And it was like, you know, I saw one post and that says, yeah, nineteen black families by some land, but the black was like bold and a different font, you know, three sizes is bigger, and I'm like, here we go. And then that's where you get those comments from. Yeah, it's a town built by black people, But that don't mean if you're not black, you're not welcome, you know what I mean. So you know, I just want to throw that out there. It's not reverse racism and all this other stuff. It's just we trying to be the change we want to see in our society, and our society hasn't.
Speaker 5: Been showing that for us. So we're going to do it ourselves.
Speaker 3: To freedom, simple, to freedom.
Speaker 4: Freedom for one hundred acres in the mule?
Speaker 5: Did you get the mule?
Speaker 2: We gonna get us a.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we'll have a stable of champion breeding horses if we're lucky. But we look forward to a wonderful relationship with a heavy equipment company because we ain't got time for.
Speaker 2: Equipment, right, give us a call.
Speaker 4: Guys. It's been a pleasure. It's been a pleasure. I want to give you guys the Florida to speak to the people. But before that, I do that, right, I got to ask you a question. I learned something interesting. I only are you a gentleman and a scholar, but you're also an Eyo University member. Congratulations, we got, we got, We're gonna do it.
Speaker 5: We're gonna do it.
Speaker 4: An episode prompt to add, so, how was your experience for orientation?
Speaker 10: Orientation was amazing? Janet really did a thing. It was just like a like I was telling you, Earli. If it wasn't for that, I just felt like I wouldn't have had the guidance to even move forward. I would have been, you know, just still figuring out what I would be wanted to do and which way I wanted to move. I'm looking forward to the accountability partners that you choose for us. I'm looking forward to the book club. I'm looking forward to hearing all Ian's it's funny that you know him, but looking at all his videos and I can't wait for that. So ritation was amazing, So I can't. The next one is that might as well look at it anyway.
Speaker 4: There you have it, euy L University the biggest online platform in the universe.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, yes, Black owned.
Speaker 3: By the way.
Speaker 4: So what would you guys like to tell I mean you kind of told the information before, but any last encouraging words for people that may want to start their own or may want to join you, or like, you know what, what is your message that you would like to just give, clear up any misconceptions that you would just want to just give to the public. How can how can they contact you guys? Like, how can they social media handule stuff like that.
Speaker 10: I'll start off My instagram is Freedom Georgia Initiative.
Speaker 7: My instagram is actually Freedom I'm sorry, actually playing Freedom twenty my personal instagram.
Speaker 10: My instagram is God's Favorite fifty six. But I just want the people to know that we're here for everybody. We're here to make this, this city a real thing. This is not just something that we're doing for a hot moment in history. Is something that we're going to continue to do the rest of our lives. I mean, this is something that we're all. We bought into this. We have no there's I'm not gonna say there's no way out, but there's really.
Speaker 9: Met each other with this one right here.
Speaker 10: There's really no way out of this, and so we know this is something that we're doing for the long run and we want everyone's support. I mean the support from everyone that we've been getting has actually been fueling us to move faster. It's like to move, you know, have faster and more Disney and what we were doing before. It's like wow, people a people are wanting us to succeed, and that energy is propelling us forward. So it's like, man, we can't lose. That's I feel.
Speaker 4: Ashley Kevin.
Speaker 5: Absolutely so.
Speaker 7: The beautiful thing about being part of this initiative is that we get to pick and choose the things that interest us. I know, at the beginning, I was asking Ashley, so, so what's next on the vision.
Speaker 5: She's like, whatever you want to do? keV.
Speaker 7: I was like, whatever you want to She was like, yeah, freedom, freedom. So you know what, You're absolutely right. So my interests are specifically in sustainability, technology. You know, this is this is staying on the forefront of these things will propel us into.
Speaker 5: The next generation.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, we got the land, now it's time to implement a lot of those things. I mean, Scott is not the limit, right, shout out to Jessica.
Speaker 2: Mobile, Jessica Enterprise.
Speaker 7: So for everybody that's listening, you know, if if you've ever you know, if you ever had those plans that you know, you all were saying, oh, I'll do it tomorrow, I'll do it next year, or you're making all of these excuses, you know, just stop.
Speaker 5: Now's the time.
Speaker 7: You know, we're doing it, and we didn't have the whole plan mapped out, you know, but by starting it, it's kind of forcing us to get to know each other, you know, how to accelerated rate. You know, all of the presses is forcing us to do that, learning these different techniques. And you know, I'm forever a student. So my thing is, now is the time. Don't wait tomorrow, don't wait next year. I mean, I never thought a pandemic was gonna hit.
Speaker 3: What is that?
Speaker 7: That stuff that happened not here, you know what I mean in the movie like, yeah, but no, here we are and there's a there's over two hundred thousand people who are no longer here with us. That's where all of the wealth is. They say, the wealthiest place of knowledge is in the graveyard. Because we don't know about it. You know, they they're deadn't gone, and now that knowledge is don't going with them. So do yourself and do us a favor and don't go to the grave with that knowledge. Let's share it this organized, let's get together. You have the website, it's freedom Drudgia dot com. You know, if technology and sustainability is your thing, you know, make sure that you want to come speak to Kevin. All right, just put that in the email and we'll respect sendail. We do that. You know, we're looking for volunteers. We're looking for people to really make this happen. So if this is something that you know you don't want to start your own, or you want to be a part of, or even if you want to start your own, let's have that conversation. So that's the thing that I would leave people. Let's keep the conversation going, because it really is all in conversation.
Speaker 8: All right, I agree, Kevin, and I love what you said. Keep the conversation going. That's what I would say. Is my my biggest pieces, my goal, my entire hope is to inspire black folks to create generational wealth and legacy through asset building. The biggest asset in this time is land, land and real estate. Listen and real estate. And the reality is for us to finally begin to create for ourselves the lives that we want. Is start art with generating wealth for ourselves, income.
Speaker 2: Streams, revenue streams.
Speaker 8: That give us the power and the ability to create and manifest the life that we deserve. So get on board with us. I teach a class called how to Buy land using group Economics.
Speaker 2: Email me, visit me at Ashley Scottholmes dot com.
Speaker 8: You can visit us at Freedomgorgia dot com and absolutely sign up for the Black Achievement Fund at www dot BAF dot solutions. And if you want to connect with me, I am Ashley Scott on Instagram and Facebook Ashley Scott kW and I love to talk about real estate, land and assets and business, So hit me up. I'm really excited to really do what we're doing and make a meaningful impact. I think we're about to change the world, particularly we're about to make a big change for Black America.
Speaker 4: Sure, we gotta get you to teach a class at e Yo University.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Yeah, that's that. That's gonna be a good one. Yeah, your dams are gonna be blowing up.
Speaker 9: I would to say this too. We are going to be at the land tomorrow if y'all did want to just let you know.
Speaker 3: Okay, got a camera crew with us. I think maybe we.
Speaker 5: Will let's do it. Troy Troy housekeeping items.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I just want to say a shout to keV for being sitting sit next to me. They put the two ball aheads. Now before I'm a misconception, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Some people think I'm ball, but I have a low caesar. I haven't lost my head.
Speaker 6: Yeah, man, but before Instagram goes crazy, we are not related. I just wanted to say that, but we are brothers. Are here in this fight. Uh economic compowerment. So shout to everybody that is on our Patreon that is our Proud to Pay program. We got a new top earner on there, so shout to a Leah. She is the newest member. She in a Tier five so she has access to eyl University. So shout to everybody that's on there. Our top bernal over here, my man, Greg. It is the number one business school in the world.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 6: We take a lot of pride in making sure that that continues to stay that way. So shout to everybody, all the earners, and shout everybody supporting the merch. I see that we are growing, and I can't wait, man, I want to I want to put it out. I want to put out our new collection. It is coming. It'll be here, hopefully before very soon. I'll just stay very soon.
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 6: I'm looking forward to it so we can get it in your hands because it represents you, it represents us, and it represents this entire movement we have that's grown.
Speaker 3: So looking forward to it thinks that supporting that.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So it's been a pleasure.
Speaker 4: Guys, don't forget to like subscribe whether you're watching on YouTube, Apple, Spotify. Thank you guys for rocking with us. We'll see you next week.
Speaker 5: Peace.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from El Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man is charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right, leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 3: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,