Speaker 1: Wind down with Janet Kramer and I'm Heart Radio podcast.
Speaker 2: Oh guys, Hi, Hi, you're good. I am not, but I am I the mend.
Speaker 3: Are you on the meds as well? What have you done? Kramer?
Speaker 2: Okay, So I texted Catherine, I texted you yesterday and I said something like, welp, welp.
Speaker 1: I love a good just FYI starting with a good Welp is my favorite thing ever.
Speaker 2: And I didn't tell you what happened because I thought it would be a good topic to just bring to the couch. Okay, right, all right, So obviously y'all have heard my my voice the last.
Speaker 4: Couple of weeks phone sex operator.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jane, and I'm like, I will not go to the doctor. I will not get on an antibiotic.
Speaker 4: I'll drink this orange juice and my hope and Jesus will solve all of this.
Speaker 1: This was last week, seven days later, so fourteen days later from when it started.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it started wow?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so fourteen literally that would be it would be fourteen days today. Yeah, So but it was fifteen days ago was when I started the symptoms. Want to go get the IVY because I was so speak on to San France in La So I'm one of those where I'm just gonna ride it out because I don't want the antibiotics and there's just so much going on.
Speaker 3: I'm leaving you, guys, I booked a movie away.
Speaker 2: Tell us, uh, so I leave tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Wait what, I don't see? We need a different system. Haven't you learned the kind of creature and friend I am. The sudden abandonment does not go well in a nervous system.
Speaker 2: I got this call a couple of weeks ago, actually passed originally on the movie.
Speaker 3: Okay. Why you know I'm in a season where.
Speaker 4: A Christmas season too soon is that I get sung by the chimney with care go ahead.
Speaker 2: Where I'm just I'm trying to value my worth a bit more. I'm not saying I'm better than a Christmas That's not what I'm saying at all. And I don't even want to get into the whole long spiel of it. But you do have dreams I do?
Speaker 4: And inspirations, yeah, aspirations eiration.
Speaker 3: We should talk for a living. Do you think it's worth noting you're so uneducated?
Speaker 4: Apparently I can't, So we'll just move right past that one boot but I do feel like you just you just do have.
Speaker 3: Other dreach the things you want to do.
Speaker 4: Sorry, there's no reverse bo I'd like to boot back.
Speaker 3: My boot back is.
Speaker 2: I am actually good uneducated. I'm privileged and uneducated boy.
Speaker 4: And there is the clickbait for the next but that's what I've been told.
Speaker 2: It is a privilege to protect my piece. So I guess I am privileged to protect my piece totally.
Speaker 3: And I'm on.
Speaker 2: Educated an uneducated, but I'm willing to be educated when yes the education percent yes, so.
Speaker 3: Boot boot back. So we're moving forward. Three boops.
Speaker 4: And you have other things that you would like to do in your life besides in addition to Christmas movies, and I think that it is okay, thank you, but I also love a Christmas movie.
Speaker 3: We'll take a Christmas I'd like to.
Speaker 2: I also need to support my family, of course, and I love to work.
Speaker 3: I think working begets work. Yep, yep.
Speaker 2: I also have an opportunity with this movie. They sweeten the deal a little bit, and I don't want to say what it is yet. Oh, but I might have an opportunity to do something that I've been wanting to do for That's that I've been not I want to say, for a while, but it's something that I've it's been brewing in my soul a bit to do. So with this opportunity comes the next possible opportunity, and so I'm like, you know what, let's go, let's do it. And so Kat's coming sorry boop, all right?
Speaker 3: Can we start in the beginning? And in defense, I'm pretty sure tomorrow so it's not just Jamna everyone.
Speaker 4: Hey, guys, I hope you'll turn in next week to this episode of Wine Down where it's just me alone on a couch and they abandoned friends j Seline dion Ah bye my.
Speaker 1: In all defense, this guy went back and forth a lot and it was decided I mean less than a week ago.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I ended.
Speaker 4: It came back around where are you guys going?
Speaker 2: Well, this hurts my Michigan heart Cleveland, Ohio? Oh yeah, and I got nothing where I'm going.
Speaker 3: What I'm doing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I was like, Cat, can you come with me for a couple of days? And so she's coming with me for a couple of days. Okay, So this is very that part is very exciting for you. I've already packed yes, yes to get already packed the Rummy Cube.
Speaker 3: Yes, I don't forget them cube really oh I grew up.
Speaker 4: Oh my grandma used to We used to gamble Nickels and Rummy Cube. We should do that together. We should also, it was so fun. How did how do we not know this?
Speaker 3: I don't talk about it. I just don't see you as ever playing games really? Yeah? Well I just don't. Yeah, because I don't play because you don't want to play this. Well, no, I just don't play with you, off with you. I don't play uker so I'm not in the game night.
Speaker 1: Well, we used to do game nights that were not ker yeah, and then those just went away.
Speaker 4: But you've seen me at catchphrase like I love a game. That's true, I have a game. I'm just not as good at card games as you guys. But Rummy Cube anywaybe Yeah, we have wasted minutes of people's lives. But you are going to do a movie in Ohio without me and play Rummy Cube.
Speaker 3: Cub Yeah yep, just so all cut up? Yep, okay, cap that is the catch up.
Speaker 2: So I have had let's see, I'm like at the script on Friday. So Friday Saturday Sunday, Monday, Today's tuesdays. So I've had five days to learn the script. So I've got my script all print it out. It's been attached to my hip the last few days. I do not know how you do that. But the problem is the problem was is I continue to not feel well.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I forgot really started.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Roman has not has also got a fee. Well, I think he's got a different There's like three million different things going wrong. There's the flu, there's this really bad cold, there's something else.
Speaker 3: I don't know what he has.
Speaker 4: But and the belly bug is still alive. And well that's great, yep, not for us, great yuck.
Speaker 2: So that's all been happening, and so I know that we're leaving tomorrow for Cleveland. I still cannot hear out of my left ear. No stuff's coming out of my nose, and so I'm like, okay, but I don't have a fever. So in my mind, I'm like, Jane, just just keep riding, ride, ride, ride. But I'm like, all right, if I'm leaving wednesday, I gotta be smart about this. Something must be going on because I can't hear it and it hurts right like it it's and you're headed into yeah.
Speaker 3: Whether yeah, airplanes, airplanes. That does not feel good working.
Speaker 2: All day, you know, fourteen hour days. So I go to the doctor's walk this walking clinic, and I, you know, all the nurse, the whole thing, and I said, well, you know, I feel really silly actually being here because you know, it's been two weeks and I'm actually on the men like I'm not blowing my nose is that much? And then the sweet, sweet older doctor man came in and I then tell the story to him, Well, you know, it's been two weeks and I haven't, like, you know, I'm not blown my nose that much. I was like, but my ear really does hurt, so but I'm sure it's nothing, but I just want to make sure that it is it isn't something. And I mean I just word vomit like all over him, the symptoms, the things.
Speaker 3: But I'm sure it's fine.
Speaker 2: He looks in my ear and he goes, honey, he goes, I haven't seen an ear infection that bad in a.
Speaker 3: Really long time. Oh, I can still get ear infection.
Speaker 2: We can.
Speaker 3: Apparently I didn't know at our age. And so when things go and there's all maybe that's why I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so he's like, you need an antibiotic. And then he goes, and I want to talk to you some I want to talk to you about something off the chart. And then I just, you know, when you start to feel like a little swelling up of maybe possible emotions. And he's just like, I was reading your chart, and I was reading your anxiety PTSD stuff on your chart. He goes, have you ever read the book The Body Keeps a Score? Yes, I've heard of it. Such an amazing book. It's so good, and I've read it before because I throw anxiety stuff and all the things. But I instantly he's like saying this, but I just like instantly start crying because I'm overwhelmed too, you know what I mean. I'm like, I haven't been feeling good for the last fourteen days. I've got a movie that I don't even know. And then I'm you know, trying to learn, trying to manage the kids, all the things, and he's just like, I really just think He's like, he just wrote another book called and I wrote. I actually ordered it and it's downstairs. It came overnight, so I can bring it to Cleveland, but it words to building a non anxious life. Sweet doctor was like, I really, he's like, on top of the antibiotics, I'm going to prescribe you that Amazon book.
Speaker 3: And I was like, I'm sorry for the tears.
Speaker 4: I'm just really stressed out right now.
Speaker 3: And then my ear really does hurt. So thank you for validating my feeling my ear. But what an incredible doctor to be sweet.
Speaker 4: I feel like so often you're more likely than not going to get a doctor that is just going to take care of what is medical, not the whole person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's really special.
Speaker 2: And that's what made me like start to cry because I'm like I needed obviously he could sense. He goes, you just seem like you're a little You didn't say high strong, but he could tell that. I was like stressed, you wouldn't say high strong, holding yeah, our husband's seat, ye, holding this anxious stuff and then reading He goes, you know, I think this would be really helpful for you. I just thought it was the sweetest thing ever. This man is so sweet, I know, so I just saw positivity to me. I know, the sweet man doctor at the Vanderbilt on the queue and walk in shout out to you. What a sweet man I ordered it saw that's I'm reading on the Planet I Love while learning my lines.
Speaker 4: But yeah, you've got a lot to read and taking your moxas already.
Speaker 2: So but here's I started thinking about this though, is and I really don't think it's just me. I think moms do this too, because I'm I was, you know, Roman's been sick, okay a couple days, all right, he's got to go to the doctor's. He either probably is a strap or maybe he is an ear infection too or something. But it's like I did the same thing two years ago when I waited too long and I had a terrible case of strap, which is so bad to wait that long.
Speaker 3: You do ever think it's strap? Do not wait?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I was just like, oh, it's just my thaar out like it's but I'm like, we don't take care of ourselves. We should be the first ones to take care of like we should be number one, but we're not doing that. And that was another I think what made me upset too, is I'm like I would have been flying to Cleveland with this terrible ear infection just because I'm not taking care of myself, like we got to take care of ourselves. So reminder of the moms, don't let things wait and take care of yourself.
Speaker 1: Well, and I think a lot of it you're you want it to be. You don't want to feel silly.
Speaker 3: I'm so that.
Speaker 2: Way because if I walked in there and I walked out without something, I'd been like, well, i just wasted an hour of this and now I'm going to feel silly. Big I didn't have anything right, but like my knee, when I didn't have when it wasn't actually a torn something, I felt so silly, like yeah there was a little stuff that he could scope, but he's like it's fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, like it's just you just But would we feel that way for our kids?
Speaker 1: No, you know, like if we went I mean, how many times do we take our kids and they're like, oh, it's not strep or flu or whatever. We're like just you know, like at least we made sure, yeah, you know, like wild do we do that?
Speaker 2: And then we beat ourselves up that we wasted time and this, that and the other.
Speaker 1: Exactly, you're so right, and so yes, no need to feel silly. It's better to hear that it's nothing and they needn't have a book.
Speaker 4: I know exactly, Yeah, but it was something this time was yeah, and now you know, and you get a book and a moxicillia.
Speaker 1: I thought you were going to say it was bronk. Aren't you really prone to getting bronchitis?
Speaker 3: I used to be. You used to get it a lot when you guys think. So I was worried about that.
Speaker 1: I almost said that last week when You're like, I'm not getting an antibiotic and I was like.
Speaker 3: Oh god, we're going to what is usually it does go to my does go to your chest? Yeah? Well I'm glad you're better. We're on the mend wind down, So glad. So that's that. So going to Cleveland working. But other updates anything? Love?
Speaker 4: What got taken out of her big fat cast?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah, sweet girl?
Speaker 4: And she's in her below the elbow?
Speaker 3: How there she do at the cheer comp on the on the side. Great?
Speaker 4: I could get emotional talking about this, Yeah I did.
Speaker 3: Could you tell it was understand? Yeah, I'm going to detach.
Speaker 4: I can just report it like the news, I think, because it was incredible. Of course we're going to go to cheercomp, you know, Preston was like, I think we should go the other half of our duo win on a cruise, and he's like, I think we should cancel cheercomp and you guys should go we should go on the cruise instead.
Speaker 3: And I was like that no, and So.
Speaker 1: Said, yeah, they don't. I mean, I think everyone doesn't understand that world though. I think any anybody would say well, just don't go there, not on you know, like it's so that's what I thought was.
Speaker 2: Someone that's not in I think Nick and Alan might because they know the sports, like you should go there to support your team, but I think maybe a pressise, he's not a sports guy.
Speaker 1: Even part of Nick would even be like really like even part of him that's like if they're hurt, like why do they go to I mean, I mean it hasn't really so it's like they go to practice.
Speaker 3: Why are they spending the time?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: He even still gets a little bit like that, but mostly understands.
Speaker 4: Well, it's a lot of money, Like, you know, we spent money to go to the throat and you're still Saint Louis and.
Speaker 3: You're still paying regardless of being hurt or not.
Speaker 4: She's at practice standing there with the coaches and playing DJ and high fiving with my hand and we're still paying that membership and we're paying for the travel, and yeah, but it Saint Louis has some of the best human beings on the planet period. The end, I just freaking love the people of Saint Louis. They are so friendly and so lovely, and she the grace of I won't make this long, but the night before we were supposed to leave, we were traveling with a mother and daughter and the mom texting me, so os, my daughter is sick.
Speaker 3: She's thrown up everywhere.
Speaker 4: And I was like, no, so I you know, we were going to potentially be driving by ourselves at Saint Louis.
Speaker 3: No big deal. I can handle a road trip.
Speaker 4: But what I hated for her is she's been waiting three years to get to a travel camp, and that this is our first travel camp, and she's been waiting for the.
Speaker 3: Car rides and the hotel share and that out today we're supposed to share room with them as well.
Speaker 4: Yes, and we I just could feel it come over me. It's ten o'clock at night, the night before leaving. Everyone's got their plans. We're not all staying in the same hotel block. It just was like, it's a very scattered because we are a different kind of team. We're just a sweet club team, you know. And anyways, I sent an SOS to two moms who deserve to live in history, Cammi and Joy, and I said, if there is They were leaving at nine am. My husband wasn't even landing back in Nashville until ninet thirty. So I sent a note and I said, if there is any room in your schedule to just we don't have to we can caravan. You know, I just want us to not be riding completely alone safety wise too, you know. But these women paused at their worlds and let they all left two hours later than they wanted to, and we all rode together and Love had the time of her life five hours in the.
Speaker 3: Car, enjoyed. It made a million memories. So cute. So what did y'all do about rooming? Did you still? I just I just kept my own room.
Speaker 1: But how did if y'all only had one room planned? How did y'all both end up with a hotel room? Did they not go?
Speaker 3: They didn't end up going at all?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, throwing up, that's nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so definitely go even if we're throwing up.
Speaker 4: Well, they wanted her to, but this mom was nervous. She'd be five hours there and I gotta be honest with you.
Speaker 3: And I'd be a nervous wreck. Would you might be.
Speaker 4: Really proud of this kreamer. I'd be really extra proud of this. She was like, she's throwing up, and I was like, yeah, I don't want a carpool. I've had my fair share sicknesses. I'm not usually that mom. But I thought, you know what, it's kind of irresponsible for me to bring the air for five hours twelve hours after a vomiting So we went ahead and canceled that. But watching Love sit and coach next to her coach and do the motions and do the big smiles, I have just never been more proud of a human. And I'm just in awe of her athleticism in this moment. It is just so I kept checking in on her feelings. I wanted to check in on the feelings without giving her feelings, you know, like I don't want to say are you sad? Or does make you feel left out? Or you know, because this is what she's been training for since August this particular routine. Yeah, I was just blown away. She was like, I'm nervous for them. They did amazing and they took first in their division, second overall, which was sweet.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's great.
Speaker 4: But I feel just really proud of the person and teammates she's been So that's been awesome. I love that now she's got a slimmer cast. It's pink and glitter. We're feeling better. I love that two more weeks than a cast than we brace in the good memory. Yeah, it's really cool. And you were also at a cheer comp.
Speaker 3: Yes, I wish we were at the same one. Cat, this one is huge.
Speaker 1: I haven't been to this one in Yeah, I haven't been to this one in probably eight years or so.
Speaker 2: Yes, how was the mom drama because I saw some it was in there.
Speaker 1: No drama great, well mostly note no drama between the moms.
Speaker 3: This weekend.
Speaker 1: It was actually a really really good weekend. Right the weekend before that was a little weirder and it's still a little different, but we were all at the same hotel, which is not always the case. So it was all but I am in like this new mentality of I'm having fun and I'm happy no matter what. Okay, that's where I'm just like, yeah, right there, I want to do something. I'm going to reach out and I'm gonna tell I'm not going to worry about what everybody else is doing, you know.
Speaker 3: So it was a great It was actually a really great weekend. And how is Emmy with second?
Speaker 1: Amazing great because the team that won got a ninety nine point five and the highest of the thirty one thousand people that were there. Wow, so thirty, I mean it's huge. I saw pictures of it. Did you see Ashley's posts?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I saw that.
Speaker 4: No, I just saw our cheer coaches sent us a picture and said because ours was teen yeah, yeah, like teeny junny. And it was funny because they were like we could have been here and they sent the picture and I was like my throat, baggie, my children while I'm staring at it.
Speaker 1: It's definitely the most overwhelming one and I hadn't been since Emmy was probably like seven, and I can remember having her there like finding a child that was lost and trying to help her find a parent.
Speaker 3: Like, it's overwhelming.
Speaker 1: There's so many people, but they had a great day one but they jumped almost two points higher the next day, so that second place felt like a win.
Speaker 3: So it was great.
Speaker 2: How do you guys deal with the disappointment when they don't win? And I kind of had my first experience with Jason. You guys, come on, but his little basketball tournament. They were I got to give mad props to my ex because he coached them so well this season. They were the I would say, the lowest ranking team in the beginning. We ended up being Parker and Mackenzie's team.
Speaker 3: That's awesome.
Speaker 2: They crushed us in the beginning of the season and then we came back. I mean again, Mike just did great with these kids, and they were I mean, they should have won the tournament, but they you know did they just made some mistakes and the you know, the last But seeing Jason's face, I mean they lost by two.
Speaker 3: Points, and they were and they.
Speaker 2: Were ahead ten points like almost the entire game, and just to see his face, I was just he was so I saw the disappointment for the first time, you know, like he's been disappointed when he would strike out in baseball. But it was like they knew they were the underdogs that came back and just and then.
Speaker 4: It's also a wild hard because for a long time, I feel like they don't care.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they win or lose.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And so when it starts registering did we win? Did we win?
Speaker 3: It's like and then when.
Speaker 2: They know, they see the thing and I mean it was just his little face and uddie and I was just like, body, I'm so proud of you and you guys went out there and you did amazing. I'm trying to but also let them have their feelings. I'm like, how have you guys got heart? We've done this for a long time.
Speaker 1: And I can I mean even I mean, it all gets to me. I mean, Cayden is playing a not even serious basketball tournament and I'm still like, oh, what a heartbreaker. I mean, it's like football players playing basketball for fun, Like it never changes. Like as many times as Emmy's gone to a cheer comp since she was five, how many first place has she gotten? I mean probably a handful really if you look at it, but it never goes away, Like even getting that second place the other day, Emmy didn't have necessarily her best day. Just she's usually I'm not gonna say flawless, but like she's usually pretty and there were two things to her that just were not perfect. So she came off disappointed, you know, And so it never goes away. It literally, I don't think ever goes away.
Speaker 2: So I'm curious what you say to her, because Alan and I've been reading this book called Us by Terrence Reel, and it's all about you learn a lot about like your adaptive child and your wounded child, and it's been such a beautiful book to read together. But he was talking about how as parents, some of the things that we might have learned as kids, like we might have gotten either the abandonment or false empowerment. So the false empowerment that we received as kids then led us to being the superiority when we're like, oh, we just think we're this grandiose thoughts about ourselves and because our parents are like, well, you're amazing this, and yes, we want to empower them, but there's this piece of false empowerment too that in those moments like how do you like give them the empowerment but also not build them up so much that they're just like, yeah, screw that other team, you know, or you know right where it's like where they they don't have this like grandiose.
Speaker 3: That's a that's a fine line. I think.
Speaker 1: As as a parent, that's a really hard question. I think in most kids instances and in most sports, you're not always winning, So it knocks you down on its own. Yeah, you're not going to stay this now. Where I do think it's detrimental to kids is when they are on a team that is always winning. Detrimental, Like, they cannot always be on a team that's always winning, because then you might get to a point where you don't and nine times out of ten that and you know, they feel like they're the top dog and they have bad attitudes when they lose. So I think the best thing you can do if that starts happening is to make sure they're on a team that's not always winning.
Speaker 3: As hard as that is, I know.
Speaker 2: That because that's for us too, Like we we like to win when we play games.
Speaker 4: Okay, so that's what I was going to ask, because I don't care about winning, okay, yep, no, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, you don't yeah yeah, no, Like I mean, of course everyone would love to win.
Speaker 3: Of course, we're human. Not like no, I like him more about that.
Speaker 4: We have a great time doing it, but I think that's also why I was a cross country runner, right, Like I wasn't in sports where it was it was just me versus me, right, But when we play games, I don't care about winning. I always just want us to have like the best time possible. So but I Preston and I have had to talk about this because that can foster something in kids too that isn't necessarily beneficial. I don't want to make mediocre, lackluster athletes because I'm like, well, did you have a good time? Well, then that's enough, you know, because you want to win and you want to bring there's.
Speaker 3: A happy medium.
Speaker 1: I think for me, I usually go to the every did you do everything that you felt like that you could?
Speaker 3: Did you do your best?
Speaker 1: And that's where Emmy was upset with herself because she didn't feel like she did her She was not upset at anyone else. She was not, you know, And so teaching them at the end of the day, with these team sports, all you can control is yourself, all you and if a mistake happens, a mistake happens, So you did your best, but a mistake still happened, you know. I think that's all you can really do you know. I mean, you can empower them, but they're you know, I think there's I don't think you have to say you're the best or you know, do your best. I think that becomes very important to kind of answer your question and how you know, if something's very easy for them, why was this hard for you this time?
Speaker 3: Or why did we mess this up? Did we not try our hardest? You know?
Speaker 1: Or if something's really hard for them and they did it really well, wow, like that's always been.
Speaker 3: Really hard for you.
Speaker 1: I just think focusing on those little things, I think is about all you can do. But you can't do anything about the disappointment, can't do anything about the tears.
Speaker 3: That's the hardest thing.
Speaker 1: I Mean, we had cheer coaches that would yell at them for crying, and I'm like, don't kill their spirit, Like that's a competitive edge that you don't want to go away. You want them to feel that. You want them to be a little upset and is if they're not, they're not upset and disappointed, they're not going to do their best and work their hardest.
Speaker 3: In my opinion, I agree.
Speaker 2: I always say, of course that hurts, of course, that's yeah, of course you're sad that that's This actually is a really great example. I I am speaking just like on feelings, and there's a kind of a teaching moment for my daughter too. I there's a whole other layer, and I'm not going to cry, Oh my goodness, because I am fighting my sinus all the things.
Speaker 3: I can't do it buck it up.
Speaker 2: Because it's such a bigger conversation that But I had a really hard conversation with Alan about something that I don't even it's not it was it's not about our relationship. It's about my own personal work and stuff.
Speaker 3: Sure, and it was This was not.
Speaker 2: In the car, but when I was in the car, we were actually leaving church and something that the pastor said, I kind of looked to Alan and I started to get teary because he knew like where my emotion level was at and I was basically so that you know, the audition that I sent. So I ended up not getting the part or whatever, and it started to make me. I just had a bunch of feelings and I'll talk about it later because I'm just in this like, yeah.
Speaker 4: It's okay to sort it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I needs to take kind of a minute with it sure, but Jolie it kind of like saw me like wiping away some tears or whatever, and she's she she has a little Apple watch. And so we're in the Starbucks line and you know, I got my glasses. I'm just like, you know, Alan holds my hand. I'm just wiping away some tears and he and she goes, Mommy, you don't look okay.
Speaker 3: Are you okay?
Speaker 2: And instead of being like, no, baby, I'm fine, I look back and I go, you know what, baby, I was like, Oh, your message is so sweet. I go, Actually, mommy's feelings, I go, Mommy's sad. I go, you know that part I was really excited about. I said, Mommy just got the word that you know that I didn't get it on Friday, and it makes mommy sad. Even at forty two and been acting for so long, I said, I'm I'm really disappointed and I'm sad, you know. And I think it's I think it's good for kids to see that, even at this age and this long, I said that it still affects me yes day. I said, but you know, Mommy's gonna keep on going. I said, but it does hurt mommy's heart.
Speaker 3: In this moment, I said, but I love you guys. Yeah, we're all good. I think that was absolutely like the best thing to do. But I wanted to say, I'm fine, right, all good? And how many times have we done that million? You know, I mean down to a earache?
Speaker 1: And they can be such lessons for them. Yeah, if we just aren't trying to make ourselves. I mean, I get it.
Speaker 3: We don't always be, you know, sometimes we like wipe of course, always right right.
Speaker 1: I know there are moments where I'm like, what am I doing is stupid? But I think there are usually good teaching moments for them.
Speaker 3: Agreed, sweet girl.
Speaker 2: Side note of it, any of you guys watched the d I know we talked a little bit about Olympics, but has anybody else watched anything else?
Speaker 3: Not really just about the I've been watching.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Molina, I don't want to butcher his name, but the figure skater who fell a bunch during his routine saw the about it, Yeah, which broke my heart for him, because you know, he is twenty one years old. He does all the quads favored to win. You know, he popped a lot of his jumps, fell on a couple of them, ended up in eighth place. But the pressure that he was to have that pressure being that star always like in that number one position, and it's like it wasn't able to handle that pressure too, And I can't imagine that for you know, yes he's not a kid anymore, but growing being the favorite Yeah yeah, favored person too, you know, but yes, but still is.
Speaker 3: But it's still so young even if you think about it. But yeah, that pressure.
Speaker 2: And then he said too, it's like fighting invisible battles, you know, that people don't know about.
Speaker 3: So it's aren't we all we're all just that it all comes in when you're when you're doing that on the biggest stage, it's just like made me sad.
Speaker 4: Represent the whole country like that is just can you imagine the pressure?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I can't at all, But I'm just maybe just think about kids too and the pressure that when they're always winning, like you to your point, always on the winning team. Yeah, how that might make them have this Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean my sister in law brings that up to me all the time because her son was like that in basketball for years and she's like, we're not doing this anymore. We're taking to a different team. You're going to go on a team that's got to fight for it because this is not good for you. I mean, because they just get you know, you get used to it.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 3: I kind of see that with Amy because I feel like they always won. No, they don't always win. I just really oh yeah, okay, And a lot of times I was like, man, yes, and I mean yeah, yes, definitely. And and that's the thing.
Speaker 1: Even this season we have gone we won the first one, we bombed the second one. Three and a half of deductions, you know, I mean it's like and then we did okay day one, but then killed day two. It is all over the place. And that's where your emotions if you can't like kind of keep them in check because again, it's just it can you know.
Speaker 4: And that's why we chose the music industry, because defeat is every day and you can.
Speaker 3: Never get too big for.
Speaker 4: You.
Speaker 3: That's a great nas we're navigating at the bros. Houses.
Speaker 1: And then they take this into adulthood because that's all that they really can compare it to is the sports that they play. And then and it's like, hello, like life beat you down, yeah, and you are not always as an adult.
Speaker 2: Perfect segue. Into wine about it. Oh, does anybody got anything?
Speaker 1: I have a little wine about it. But it's like so silly, go for it, y'all. I'm starting to get gray.
Speaker 3: I found my first. Oh it's been here, and I know that. I know. I'm blessed. Hashtag blessed. I don't even need the hate.
Speaker 2: So, y'all, I think I don't have a gray yet, and I'm shocked I found one.
Speaker 3: She came out. She's right at the bank.
Speaker 1: I've got a several several, Yeah, I do you Oh, she's she happened.
Speaker 3: They've been there for a little while. I'm surprised you'll haven't noticed. But it's going to Are we going to keep it?
Speaker 2: Well, that's what I need to know. Well, here's is great with it? Like look at Hillary Burton.
Speaker 3: Yes, she does rock it like right now.
Speaker 1: It's just like, you know, there's like three or four or five guys sitting there, and then there's some random ones, you know, and I'll pluck them every now and then, and then one day they're curly. Then you know, it's all It's It's just that's my question. Okay, so you start to get a couple. I don't dye my hair ever ever, you've never once, never, once. I did a semi permanent when I was a teenager's.
Speaker 4: Yeah, why you just day beautiful human to me?
Speaker 1: Well, I did a semi permanent not to get to whatever, but I had alopecia, yes, and so I was scared to dye my hair. I was like, I'm afraid it's going to fall out, you know. I was terrified of it. So one time I was like, He's like, we could try a semi permanent. It's not going to kill your hair. And I was like, it's fine, but like I don't care enough to keep up with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you also have a beautiful natural wells. So what do you feel when the girl when you see the gray.
Speaker 1: Not a lot of emotion about it, right at all. I'm just like I wish I said, I wish I could say that. Yeah, I mean I had emotion.
Speaker 3: I had an emotion.
Speaker 1: I just still I don't know what it is and I should probably care more. No, But when stuff like that, I don't know why it doesn't bother me. I just need to know that's great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I guess it is good.
Speaker 1: You know, but there's a point where I'm gonna my I guess my point in saying it is this, though. My problem is, you know, like I just throw it up in a bun, people criticize it. I don't care, you know, criticize what your bun, yeah, like do something with your hair, and I just don't care. But my problem, my worry is that I don't care so much. Just I'm gona get to point people are gonna be like.
Speaker 4: No, we would tell you girls got a dire hair. I think we would tell you. I think so gray is so cool. Yeah, I just don't think it starts.
Speaker 1: Like being like once it's like all gray, yeah cool, but like just little spurts of gray.
Speaker 4: Good with spurts. I don't think the spirts are beautiful.
Speaker 2: Do we touch up until I would probably if it was me, I would touch up until it was more.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm wondering, because it's like, you know, it's just like and it's not like a big like clump. It's just like a hair and hair and hair, and then there's like a few like random ones or whatever.
Speaker 2: But also it's still like I can't I can't tell and it still looks good, you know, Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Mean it's not bad yet, but it's happening, and it's weird almost. It's like now I notice, I'm like another one. Yeah, and I'm like, wait, this one wasn't here the other day, you know. So it's like I'm like, it's coming, it's coming. Yeah, that's my that's my wine about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're there.
Speaker 4: I think that is was the emotion which we've talked about and I've talked about for I don't really feel forty four.
Speaker 3: Oh, I truly don't feel. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I feel like we're all just taking great care of ourselves and really proud of that for us. Like, but it's weird when you have these like super sobering moments are like, yeah, well now that's a great and I came to get Now Preston is getting He's going to kill me for saying this thought.
Speaker 2: He's getting very salty, and I love. I think Alan's the same thing. He's like, babe, He's like, I'm getting gray, and I.
Speaker 3: Was like, yeah, same. I think it's cute. I'm like, I think it's been great for a while in his beard. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But I think because he's in this industry where it's like look younger, be younger, and don't sit your age, you know whatever. And so I came into him. I was like, baby, look it right here, and he's like, well, you just you just got one.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 4: Like it was almost like but it was such a weird because I I guess I'm in some sort.
Speaker 3: Did y'all ever get gray hairs when you were young? Ever? So Jolie remember that one time? Yeah? Do you remember when she was like four, three or four?
Speaker 2: It was in Los Angeles and I'm like, I plucked a gray she had one?
Speaker 3: Yeah, gray hair.
Speaker 4: Didn't we all get gray hair from that chapter?
Speaker 3: That was the chapter that age just saw like a presidential term, very joy. Even Jo's poster little gray. That's why I'm surprised.
Speaker 1: You really fared well, friend, But like I can remember finding them in seventh grade, So I think that's why it also hasn't hit me as like necessarily like an old thing. Like I remember being at the lunch table and somebody be like, you got a gray hair, and I'm like, oh, that's interesting, and.
Speaker 3: Maybe, yeah, I know it's a blonde too.
Speaker 2: I think there's an iron deficion, there's something, and I do have low iron.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I'm surprised. I'm not I probably just made that up. And I'm not gonna chat because Chad doesn't tell me the truth all the time. But I'm just saying boop.
Speaker 2: But I I remember looking at it, and I've seen the doctor and they said, because I'm like, why is my four or three four year old having a right? But and I want to but I don't know. I'm so uneducated.
Speaker 3: Let us know. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I will look into that because I mean, I've always had low iron, so maybe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I take iron simplement. I don't know how. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know how I feel about it, but I am getting I've gotten I think one of the low iron is strongly linked to premature graying.
Speaker 3: But is this premature greg Well, that's what I don't know. Maybe it was when I was in seventh grade. Right when is it? When do we google that?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: When is the normal age to start graying? Because I don't know that it's well, I know.
Speaker 3: Is there maybe an average to get gray hair? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well, okay, most people start to notice their first gray hairs in their thirties or early forties.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that's normal.
Speaker 1: But maybe it was fun when I was like seventh grade and had one, and then Jolie when she was young.
Speaker 3: Why is a young kid.
Speaker 4: A chat?
Speaker 3: This is Google? Okay?
Speaker 2: Which ya it's called by like vitamin deficiencies, iron or whatever.
Speaker 1: Okay, that would make sense for why I would have seen one when I was younger, I'm sure. Yeah, because I didn't find out I was low and iron and stress environment hair stuff happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you have a.
Speaker 4: We can make this quick, but I actually wanted to ask y'all on a text message, so might as well just ask it here in front of all of.
Speaker 3: Our friends that can judge me for it. Do you think that.
Speaker 4: There is an age where you should no longer have longer hair? Because I'm starting to feel I don't want short.
Speaker 3: Short there yet? Well, I don't actually don't know.
Speaker 4: For me, something has happened between forty two and forty four that is really shifting for me.
Speaker 1: It's sixty really, yes, we don't need to wait too, this is too early.
Speaker 4: Wait which I'm not talking about going like short short like because like fifty year olds and stuff have long hair.
Speaker 3: Well like just say though, yet the fifty year olds we know do well, Pam just chopped her She chopped it but it's not like.
Speaker 4: No, but she's on her like she's but I'm saying that to my Hey, Pam, it was really a pleasure me listen to this episode.
Speaker 3: We are not I feel like we are.
Speaker 4: I'm one year away from being on the back side.
Speaker 3: And maybe that's because I'm great gray away from a second Sorry, can we get in my asthmosis?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: She like you know, like even Pam is getting in her later forties. She talks about the very openly, so, but she did chop. I'm just wondering fifty year olds still have long I missed my last hair appointment by I'm like months out right now, which is fine because color wise, I'm going more natural, so it's not really big deal. But I've noticed I always grow my hair pretty fast, and so I have just felt like you've noticed this has been this is the mo for the last two episodes, because it's so long and gross and just feels like it feels youthfully long for my age, like it's starting like I'm I don't I don't feel like I match it.
Speaker 2: Oh, there's no specific age to cut your hair short. Modern dialing trends allow for long, healthy hair at any age. While many women historically cut their hair around age fifty to sixty due to changing their texture, thinning, easy maintenance makes sense. I will say, though, I too, have looked around at other forties mid forties people with their hair length because I am as well, feeling like I'm not fitting my long hair anymore, and I'm thinking about a chop.
Speaker 3: I'm ready, so we need to cut it. So everyone's cutting it in their forties.
Speaker 2: But also I then I remember getting on my mom. I'm like, Mom, don't chop your don't mom chop? Yeah, you know, like keep your long hair.
Speaker 4: But I don't think it's mom chopping anymore because now it is cute.
Speaker 3: It's like mom chopping.
Speaker 4: No no, no, no, like lobbing like like no, like no.
Speaker 1: That's like seventy eighty okay, yeah, so we're just gradually. It's so funny. I'll bring this up though. This weekend, literally I had so many friends and be like, oh my gosh, your hair is so long.
Speaker 3: It looks so good.
Speaker 1: So I was like, thanks, I'll keep it long, and no, guess what we're chopping and touching it up?
Speaker 3: You do you boo?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well you want to do the strong opinion about me cutting though.
Speaker 2: He doesn't want you to see. Alan's like baby, He's like, do whatever you want.
Speaker 4: Well, it's going to be cute no matter what.
Speaker 3: I've never seen your hair short.
Speaker 1: I've seen your hair short and I love it short, so that doesn't bother me.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you, great news because my car. When I got the Catherine approval, and then I thought, do I get a bang? I used to get banged every fall without it, I don't think bang. No, Wow, it's okay.
Speaker 4: We can have strong opinions, sang, and I got to tidy up my vision board.
Speaker 2: Okay maybe no, I don't know. I just remember I'm just a showrunner. Actually are one Tree Hill showrunner. He said, if you would have had bangs, you wouldn't have been hired. He hated bangs. He always says it's where women keep their secrets, but well, that's where we keep our secret.
Speaker 3: He's not the gunner. So how did that work out? Yeah, he's probably twenty so shut up.
Speaker 2: Ten no and so, but I I had bangs when I was like, you know, bangs are super cute, but once you have them, they're you know.
Speaker 4: Well, I got bangs when I got pregnant with lion because.
Speaker 3: I remember, but they were like, no, they're not.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was never going to get like they're they're like longer. I remember that question across. I remember it was cute.
Speaker 4: I always felt pretty because I felt like it always brought out my eyes. I used to do every single fall, and then I would just grow them out through the winter.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but I I touch up.
Speaker 1: You go put up those banks and we'll be good.
Speaker 3: Well I can't, now, yes you can. We can do whatever we want, all right.
Speaker 2: So headline this week, which is sad because James Vanderbeek has passed away from cancer and I just from colorectal cancer at the age of forty eight. It's so incredibly sad, as leaving his wife Kimberly and six kids.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's awful.
Speaker 2: I mean just mel Dawson's creek cart and I even texted Mary who played you know his mom and just like all the like he was such we had the opportunity to interview him on when I did like the Massing Earth thing. Such a nice guy, like just so lovely. So it's absolutely awful. And I even hate speaking about this headline given that he's passed, but there's some controversy going around, so let's dive into it. James Vanderbeek's financial situation after his passing on FIBRU eleven set up a firestorm of controversy on the internet. So immediately after his death, a gofund me account was set up to assist the large family with their uncertain future. The funds were to help Kimberly and the children for essential living expenses, pay bills, and support the children's education with Within a matter of days, the account raised over two point six million dollars. But then his rep explained to the out Outlet that James secured a down payment for the Texas ranch for the family with the help of friends through a trust so they could shift from rent to mortgage. The thirty six acre ranch was purchased on January ninth for four point seven six million dollars. And that's when the backlash began. So a lot of people that had contributed to the GoFundMe. You know, people are saying like, must have had, must not have had real financial issues of taking on responsibilities of multimillion dollar property. One critic said, an x and the GoFundMe is going to pay for the rest. Mind boggling to me that regular people are donating for someone to maintain their luxury lifestyle and someone else wrote great, so his family doesn't need donations from poor people making thirty k per year. And what I think, just what makes me sad, first and foremost is that this is overshadowing the little life that was taken, and it's it's very sad, but there is outrage obviously, so.
Speaker 4: So was the GoFundMe opened, and then days later the rep starts talking about it being a four point seven million dollar property. Yes, okay, I believe that people were donating before we knew that this was a four point seven Yes.
Speaker 3: That's how I've understood it. Yeah, correct me, Yes, okay.
Speaker 1: So the go fund me was already out, was raising money, and it was public, so it's not like it was just going to some friends.
Speaker 3: I saw people posting about us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you know, and then he went from renting to purchasing to have a mortgage, which I posted the GoFundMe was it. I'm sure like friends and family. I would think I think friends and family. Okay, you know. My opinion on this is man obviously all of this is so sad, and I can so understand being a man and wanting them to not be renting and to be in a home, to be comfortable and have the mortgage and the bills and all of that paid. Where this went wrong was the public gofund me. In my opinion, I just it's a very tricky thing anyway for you know, for celebrities to.
Speaker 3: Just want to correction one thing. His wife launched the GoFundMe.
Speaker 1: Okay, so his wife started the gofund me account, And I can understand as a wife being mortified, I mean and terrified, not mortified, terrified for their future where they care of their kids. Six kids they're renting, which is probably astronomical amount, you know, this huge estate they're you know they're in California, I zoom or I don't know where they're Texas, but either way, spending a lot of money on rent. So I can understand all of this needing to go to like a purchase situation before he passes away, to make sure everybody's taken care of. I understand that. Again, where I think it went wrong is going to a public gofund me. Because I think people are are right to be a little outraged if you gave some money and you're barely making any money and then you do that, and then to find out that he spent or they spent sorry not they spent four points something million dollars on a home like that just gets really tricky. And I understand that celebrities can be making zero. I mean, you can be a celebrity and be on a show back in the day. I'm not saying he was making zero, but he could have been on a show Dawson's Creek and then not ever really worked again. But be a celebrity, but not be bringing in any money.
Speaker 2: Right if he's not acting exactly And I don't know the residuals how that played a role back in the day too, so I'm sure he got some sort of but sometimes they do a residual payout, so then they don't end up having residuals at right.
Speaker 1: Or maybe it's not enough to support Like I can understand all of that. I don't think everyone fully understands that though. I don't think everyone. Once you know a celebrity, you think of them as being rich, right, you think of them as having money. That's not I mean, how many people have we seen that have blown all their money, you know, or they're just they had they were a one hit wonder, but we know their name, but that didn't do anything for them for the next twenty thirty years. So it's just tricky, you know. I just think that the most people don't fully understand that.
Speaker 3: And then you're giving money your heart and money know that part?
Speaker 2: Then then how does so let's just say he didn't have that, is it's still then okay? Because so just on the other side of that, Yeah, knowing that is the case.
Speaker 1: I I think it's okay.
Speaker 3: I truly do.
Speaker 1: I think it's okay. But where I think then that goes wrong is I love y'all. I'm going to take care of y'all. We're going to downsize, yeah, like the we're gonna responsible. Yeah, And I think you have to be upfront. I think this has to be a hey, and you explain it. Like I know that my husband was a celebrity. You know, this is our money situation. It drained us. We've obviously been living on this and I would love for my kids to be able to keep this lifestyle, but that's not reality. We're going to have to you know, it just gets a little tricky when you're saying I'm not making any more money, and then you're buying a four point something million dollar house and did you who, where did the money come from? Did you have the money? It just gets tricky. And again, I don't think it's wrong necessarily to ask for money, but then to ask for money and then buy a four point six million I think it just gets that's where, yeah.
Speaker 3: And I get that.
Speaker 4: I think we're also living in an economic climate where we are all downsizing or refinancing or trying to save or picking up different habits for spending or not spending that help us be in a different position. So listen, I would love to live on a thirty six acre, right, I mean, that's the dream, right. And I can also understand the great loss. I mean I can't understand, but I can empathize with the loss of a husband and wanting to keep a state of life for kids that just lost their dad. I just it's a that's a really big part. I mean, that's a huge property. Four point seven million dollars is and especially in Texas, by the way, because in Texas we can get money to go a little bit further in some areas. So I just I I also do think I can understand. I understand like the fans have wanted to. I think that's the.
Speaker 3: Only way they can sometimes connect.
Speaker 4: Right, So like it feels good to to give Dawson some money, it feels like something. Yeah, Like it just feels like, okay, this is the least we can do. How do we mourn or grieve, and so here take some of this. It's probably wasn't like they're not It's just sweet. Actually, I think it's really sweet. And then it just felt like a little bit of a slap in the face. It was like, oh right, I feel like we.
Speaker 1: Were helping because of your medical bills and we just help you buy a four point something million dollar health.
Speaker 2: Here's a question. Do you wish the rep would have not said anything? Or is it good that the rep said something? To be honest about the situation. This is a little avoidant.
Speaker 4: I wish they wouldn't have just because I do feel like now it's overshadowing the loss of this really great human And so now this is the headline over the world, warning the loss of this talented actor and dad and father.
Speaker 1: I mean, and husband yeah, and I agree with that. I just think, on the other hand, it should know, yeah, like you should know where your money's go. But I don't even know if we're clear if that money went towards that, or if that money did go to pay bills or you know, someone could have said they could have done a GoFundMe and someone could have said he was my favorite person in the whole where here's five million dollars. After that happens, like we don't know the exact specifics, like that money might not have gone towards that, sure, but you know, so I don't know. Some transparency I think is very important, but it is overshadowing, so that's tough.
Speaker 2: I could use some advice on how to handle feeling overwhelmed and isolated, sometimes to the point where life feels impossible. I feel guilty for having these feelings, especially as a mother. My partner works crazy hours and isn't able to be around a lot. I work full time and I live a couple of hour ways hour aways from family and friends. It doesn't sound super crazy, but when there's a lot going on, or I have to rush to the ear with a baby by myself, I can feel overwhelming and stressful.
Speaker 3: Maybe are you right?
Speaker 2: Just hey, gad a friends sign KB, just wondering what helps with the littles and traveling husbands. I remember KB just recently and Jana mentioning husbands have to be away and not having family help while dealing sick or her babies. In my heart goes out to any mom who has to go through this. I admire and respect to each of you as women and as mothers. Any advice you'd be greatly appreciated and helpful. Love you girls, KB, take it away.
Speaker 4: I mean, I really just been living this for the last ten years, but more specifically the last year. I do Okay. So one thing I feel really proud of myself for and I because I don't know if it's the way we're raised. I don't know if it's the alcohol drug addicted family and very resilient do by myself independent blah blah blah. I just don't ask for help, like I don't phone a friend to say, like, you know, so, for instance, just a recent example, like love has to go into the e ar they're going to put her under. I'm obviously not going to take all three kids if I can help it. But we don't have family. And I'm also at that point, I had been in it all day, and I'm like, who do who lives close to here that I'm not taking? You know, like I have this such I think we probably all share this, Like it's very hard for me to ask for help because I know then I'm taking you away from your family or your family. So I will say and I'll try not to get emotional during this, but it was probably like the most I'm gonna probably get emotional. It's I have never experienced community like I did when love broke her arm. I've never seen and I think a lot of that is not that the community hasn't been available to me. So that's the one thing I would want to just pass along more than anything is. I think sometimes we feel more lonely than we actually are, and we get in our own way because we feel indebted if we ask, or we feel like it's weakness if we ask for me We've just been conditioned to just never have help, so it's not our default to think for help, like that's my default is just to not ask for help because notoriously and historically no one has showed up for me. Family, wise, and so the coaches actually had had message and said, can we come sit with you? My first gut reaction is no, because I also know that I do better because it's comfortable to me to be alone. I just just leave me alone, just me and my bible, you know. And I actually just gutterly said yes. And when they showed up, I don't know how they got there so fast, It felt like ten minutes. They came with a stack of cards. They were the ones that paused the doctors to pray over love, and they led the prayer so that I didn't have to sit there weeping like a ridiculous mom. And when everything was done, they so timely and sweetly exited. They sat in the background. They weren't looking for attention. I think too, if you grew up a certain type of parent, it becomes about them. And in those instances, I have found that being alone is just easier than having to deal with another personality.
Speaker 3: And so.
Speaker 4: I just want to maybe ask the question back to you, dearest gentle reader, if you have people you can lean into, are you just not taking advantage of that? Because that has been my experience. Like I know, if I call either of you you're going to get to me. Yeah, you just will. It's my own issue to not overcome asking.
Speaker 3: You for the help.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and if you're able to also maybe get extra help with someone that can help with the kids, to pay, you know, a part time sitter or something. Yeah, Like I do think there's there's other options the friends aren't available.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like I you know, I reached out to one of the people that used to sit for us, and they were kind of like not super jumping on the chance to get there for us that night, and I was like, so I ended up texting Cheney because she lives so close. I'm like, I don't know when I'm going. I don't, but I knew she had Josh home and she was like, of course, you know, like the kids are comfortable with her, and it was like no big deal for her, but it was so My whole point is I think that there might be more of a communie. Then we lean into We're just so used to doing things alone that that becomes our default. And I'm trying really hard to reframe my brain. This is my goal for myself this year, just to find the village a little more or lean into the.
Speaker 3: Village a little more.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I do think there is you know, if you can get even a couple hours of mother's helper, like it doesn't have to be even leave the building just to lock yourself in your room for like an hour.
Speaker 1: And I think, you know, getting the village is key. And I mean, I have a husband that's home all the time and we have a huge village that helps us that we could not do it without, you know, And so I think, like you said, it's very important to lean into that. And at the end of the day, the village means you're also helping. So to me, there's there's no reason. I understand the guilt part of it, but there's truly no reason to feel guilt over that because it's a give and take. It's not like, you know, as long as not one person's always the one giving, you know.
Speaker 3: And maybe it's hard.
Speaker 1: For you to find that village and that case, you know, for whatever reason, maybe you don't have a neighborhood or maybe you don't have those people. But I would definitely say that's going to be your best bet to find someone that y'all can give and take where you can help when you have some energy and extra time and they can help you.
Speaker 2: And I would say too, it's okay to hold the feelings that you want it to be your husband, because I think that's where you sometimes go into that where it's but I want my husband to be there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you want to do life with the person you chose to do life with. Yeah, that's what I think has been the hardest. But the reality also is that in order for us to have a life, he has to go make money, and making money for us is away from us. It sounds like current I have that in common. So it's like you just I think there is a level of acceptance that I've hit which I felt like, felt like in my body it translated to defeat. So I had to really reframe that and work through that, like accepting something and being defeated by something or different, and also just finding some space and some village is really important, even if it just starts with you and a girlfriend together and one of you runs out and does an Aaron and you watch their kids. We you know, like flip flop whatever, Just get some comfortability, because it's really it just is game.
Speaker 1: I will say too, we didn't truly get like a village village until the third child and to say, now that's where we all have the breaking point, right we did, but like it truly fell into place with that third kid, and Ramsey just went on a cruise with that second mother. I mean we basically call her her second mom, you know. And so it's like there's other positives to that too. You know, it's good for the kids. They've got the relationships. I think it's good for them to learn to behave for other people in their home and all this.
Speaker 3: So I think there's a lot of positives to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I would also like to recommend a book building a non.
Speaker 3: Anxious life, because I stress.
Speaker 2: About the schedule of things, just as I'm stressing about how, you know, getting you know, the schedule for the movie and the kids making sure I see them and so it's but also what Keith has been helping me is just staying really present in today. And that's been the one main thing that's helping me not be as anxious about because, you know, opportunities like I know Alan's going to get the opportunity one day, and as he should because he's an amazing coach to head coach, But I don't need to stress about that right now, correct I. You know, we will figure it out when it happens, you know. And I hope it happens for him, you know. But I think it's just staying present what is right now and what can I do today too, not be anxious about it and good the people around.
Speaker 3: So hope that helps. Love you guys, Hey, Catherine, you ready to go to clueland almost boop?
Speaker 2: Send me a both guard well will zoomy and baby girl? Okay, well zoom me in a podcast next week.
Speaker 3: Bye bye