Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on the stock mover's report the company's making moves at the close of US trading, with Carol Masser, Tim Stenoveeck Romain Bostik, and Katie Greifel.
Speaker 1: All right, so let's go to some of the individual gainers. If I may, two names, I want to pull up Marvel Technology and Nvidia, both gaining in today's session. In fact, Marvel I believe it was the top gainer in the Nasdaq one hundred today. In Vidia taking a two billion dollars stake in Marvell Technology, opening up its system to allow Marvel to integrate custom artificial intelligence chips at networking equipment on the platform. So the two agreeing to collaborate on the development development of silicon photonics, which use light instead of traditional copper wiring to move data faster and more efficiently. And I'm going to assume that might be a little bit cheaper. So anyway, you've got Marvel Technology up almost thirteen percent in today's session, probably some general elphoria also helping out that trade. Same story for Nvidia up about five point six percent in today's session. All Right, so we saw a big market move. In fact, straight up, was it around midday or one thirty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're just in the twelve to one o'clock.
Speaker 1: Hour, okay, thank you. And that was after Iron's president said the country had the necessary will to end this war, but expected certain requirements to be met according to the state run IRA and A. But anyway, you saw a lot of consumer discretionary names to the upside. So if you look at the S and P Composite Consumer Discretionary Index, you saw that index rallying today. And then you take a look at some of the travel and consumer names. American Airlines first of all, the group the discretionary group up about three and a quarter percent. If you go on over to some of the airlines, American up five and a half percent. You had Delta up about five and a quarter percent. And then you look at the S and P Supercomposite Airline Index as a whole, up almost six percent. So again some enthusiasm. Maybe energy prices are going to come down, people are going to go back to traveling. So that was something of a bright spot. And then I just wanted to oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go, I was just going to ask is my flight that I haven't booked going to be cheaper yet or do I have to wait longer?
Speaker 3: Think you're going to be paying the money? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Get ready to get ready. One more name, on semi Conductor. This too was a top name in the NASDAQ one hundred. Saishin global over in China, reporting out that US power semiconductor maker on Semis said it will establish a greater China headquarters in Shanghai and invest about fifty million in the country of the next three years, stepping up local decision making and investment as demand rises from EV's renewable energy and AI data center. So the company announcing that move earlier today in Shanghai. So that was certainly an our performer up more than eleven percent. Him.
Speaker 3: All right, let's look at some underperformers today. Let's start with energy stocks. Energy stocks drop what.
Speaker 1: Oh wow wanh wah? All right, yeah, sorry, Tim, did you just get rid of it?
Speaker 3: I don't even know what's I don't even I don't even know what's going on. I don't even know what's going on anymore. All right, here we go.
Speaker 1: Let's start that again.
Speaker 3: Let's start with energy stocks. This is the entire S and B Energy index felt today by more than one percent. We had big declines in companies like Exonmobile, Chevron, Eog Resources, Conico, Phillips, Phillip sixty six, Valero, Occidental, Devin and more. I just decided to do the entire index. It did fall for the reason that Carol talked about airline stocks Hire today, Iron's president saying in the country had the necessary will to end the war, and that is why we saw a rally and pretty much everything except for energy. This index, though up thirty seven percent so far this year. A lot of m and a news today I had to narrow it down to just one or two companies to talk about McCormick and call the spice maker down more than six percent this after Unilever agreed to combine its food business with mccormicks in a forty four point eight billion dollar deal. It'll create a global seasonings, sauces and condiments company. Under the agreement, McCormick will pay Unilever fifteen point seven billion dollars in the equivalent of twenty nine point one billion dollars in McCormick shares for most of Unilever's food business, leaving Unilever and its shareholders sixty five percent of the combined entity.
Speaker 1: Alberts, All Birds, Alberts.
Speaker 3: What happened? Yes, stock was down double digits today, but I guess at the end of the day higher. But Katie, you go ahead and do treasuries. We talk about all, is it?
Speaker 1: It kind of sad though, rip Alberds. Yeah, they were such a big deal.
Speaker 3: They were really hot for a moment in's time.
Speaker 2: Here the Stock Mover's Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business out
Speaker 1: H