Speaker 1: The official Olympic medal counts as we start this Tuesday, July thirtieth. The United States is on top of twenty total medals once so far, followed by home country France with sixteen total medals. Both Japan and China have twelve each.
Speaker 2: Welcome to this edition of the Tea from Perry. While Team USA is ahead in the overall medal count, day lag behind in the gold medal category. The US has won three gold medals so far, but you see Japan has six, France, China, South Korea Australia each have five gold medals, so we're behind in that department.
Speaker 1: Well, my understanding is that bronze is not as good as gold, but you could a fool me. After watching the US men's gymnastics team end their Olympics medal drought, and they did it in the most story book of ways.
Speaker 2: It was so incredible, all right. Also in this episode, after an injury scare, Simone Biles says she is good to go for gold with her team today. And then an American swimmer wins a medal and his wife immediately turns his win into a gender reveal party in the aquatic center, and we might have seen Nadal versus Djokovic for the last time ever.
Speaker 1: Plus dirty river water has caused the postponement of an Olympic event. Coco golf has been left home alone at Olympic Village. US women's basketball team had a close first game. It is close for about five minutes and what social media user thought it was a good idea to take on American rugby star Elona mar Good luck with that, and yes, everybody, but we all robes. We learned a lesson yesterday in life from the US men's gymnastics team. I think everybody maybe has gotten the word by now that they picked up that medal, But if you had to watch them for two days to understand why a bronze victory meant as much as it did.
Speaker 2: It was from remarkable to see the redemption. And it truly was an incredible redemption because in the qualifying round we saw all five men do not their best and it was it was devastating. None of them qualified for a finals event specifically, and the big, big devastating moment was Brody. You know, everyone expected him to go on to compete in the all around and he fell off the high bar and from that point on. He just as you mentioned in a previous podcast, there was a downward spiral and he just couldn't get it together. Well, guess what, he got it together along with his teammates yesterday, and it was emotional. It was amazing. We were watching with your daughter, Savine, and it was remarkable to see them come back and score higher than they had ever scored before, certainly a way of the qualifying round, and they delivered, and it was remarkable to watch.
Speaker 1: Well, we were rooting for them in a different type of way. I've been reading afterwards and folks don't know, the US men's gynastics team has not won a gold medal, excuse me, a medal at all in the Olympics in two thousand and eight, so that's a sixteen year drought there. Coming into this Olympics, there were certainly high hopes for this team, maybe more so on an individual level, but certainly they can compete. To see them break down the way they did on Monday and then to come back on Tuesday, some argue robes that, yeah, they have only one person on the team has any previous Olympic experience. I believe that's Brody Malone. So you got a bunch of young guys first day at the Olympics. Maybe they were a little jitterary, maybe they were a little off where there were some nerves, but they got it together whatever they did and talked about and they came out and performed. You're gonna see a lot of talk about the dude with the glasses on the Palmer horse. And yes, it was a wonderful Olympic moment. Ropes, we're going to talk about that Olympic moment. But to get to that Olympic moment, and you and I watched every single flip, turn, twist, vault, everything that team did, and they nailed it and nailed it and nailed it, and you could feel the momentum like, wait a minute, why aren't we talking about these guys winning gold instead of possibly fighting for a bronze. That team did everything possible to make that huge Olympic moment possible.
Speaker 2: That's right. And when you ask why they weren't even up for gold or silver were all you had to do was watch Japan and China because they were powerhouses and what was a really incredible moment to me, we were all watching together to see when China realized they weren't getting the gold, and they were the darlings, they were the favorites, but they had some mistakes in the end. Again, that high bar was getting everybody in men's gymnastics, and so they underperformed, they didn't deliver it, and Japan won gold. So obviously the Japanese team which deserved it. They were phenomenal and almost flawless. They were celebrating the United States team to get the bronze because they were competing against Australia, Great Britain. I mean, there were so many people vying for that third place bronze medal, and so they were a static and then you saw China and they were defeated. They were almost crying and they were clearly upset. And Sabine said, why is China so upset at winning the silver? And why are we so excited at winning the bronze? And that was such an amazing example of perspective. You know, we fought for it, we didn't think we were going to get it. We had such a low moment as a team in the preliminaries that it was so sweet. The victory was so incredible to win bronze and then to see the Chinese not being able to celebrate silver was kind of remarkable.
Speaker 1: And you said, perspective there it was. They kept cutting back and forth between those two images, and it's just such another example of an Olympic moment and the things you don't see. To see a team that finished ahead of the US almost in tears, yep, that there's second, and to see the United States just the elation and you say his name, I don't want to mess up his name, ned.
Speaker 2: It's it's Stephenazak, all right, Stephen Netarozak.
Speaker 1: You've seen him, and I'm happy for him in this moment for a lot of reasons. One of them is a lot of people didn't think he should be on this team in the first place, because the dude does one thing. He has one skill. He helps this team in no other way at all. If you blow it on the place, it's like a kicker in football.
Speaker 2: That's a good way to look at it.
Speaker 1: You sit on the bench all game and then Tom Brady drives you down and says, hey, you need to make this fifty yarder to win this Super Bowl for me. That's your job. His job was this, and it came down it was silly to me, Robes. It was silly. No, no, no, I say silly, and that me being wrong. Initially, when the meat started and the US team walked out, they had a countdown clock on Netarozak, well like three hours. They say a countdown from three hours. We're not going to see him for three hours, Like why why are they building this up like this?
Speaker 2: It was brilliant, It was amazing. The Wall Street Journal's headline is the pommel horse geek who broke the US men's gymnastics medal drought. I mean that he is. He has become the star, and you're right, that's such a good analogy. I also was thinking of being a goalkeeper. It's like you weren't needed until you're needed, but when you're needed, it is the most unbelievable pressure. I was sweating it for this guy. I couldn't believe that somebody could take on that much pressure because it was up to him to seal the metal and he delivered.
Speaker 1: And it's not fair in a lot of ways. Yet he should get the accolades he's getting now because not okay, he never would have been put in that position if his team wasn't sticking landing after landing, after landing, all right, So you in this team event, there are six events, right, in the six events, six events, and three go yep from each, So that's essentially eighteen routines. Seventeen routines went damn well for him to do the eighteenth. That is precise icly what happened. Now, granted, seventeen other things had to go right, but still the pressure on him to get the last one right was unbelievable.
Speaker 2: It was. It was so fun to watch. I definitely had tears in my eyes just because we saw from where they came and what they ended up accomplishing, and it was remarkable. So that was by far my favorite Olympic moment of the day, but there were so many, so many that we enjoyed. It's just been a blast watching these athletes perform.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm gonna give you a random one. This wasn't even on the list, but this morning I saw I was up. Of course at three thirty, of course you were watching. I watched the mixed doubles ten meter air pistol final. Oh my god, okay, wow, I watched it. This was between Serbia and Turkey. A okay, okay. It was the most boring thing I have seen in the Olympics. That is how I start, because if you all aren't familiar with this air pistol, you don't see them. Actually, you don't see anything come out of the door.
Speaker 2: Don't think most people are familiar.
Speaker 1: You're right, so you don't see it. You see her here, I see a pistol. They fire it. But if you're not looking really closely, you see missed a little puff of air. It's like nothing. And then the targets on the screen, but nothing explodes or a hole goes through something. You just see a little electronic dot show up. That's watching TV.
Speaker 2: And this kept you awake at three point thirty in the morning. It came down to the last match, the last round.
Speaker 1: It was so thrilling.
Speaker 2: It came out on the edge.
Speaker 1: Of my set.
Speaker 2: I can't believe I missed it while sleeping wat to see what I.
Speaker 1: Thought was this boring thing that I was on the edge of my seat. And then when Serbia Wan, these were friends who had been doing this for twenty years, never got the Olympic gold. They win. She tackles him and they're rolling around on the ground. That's Olympics. And that's what I saw this morning, and you should be sorry that you missed it.
Speaker 2: You know what, Sleep, This is the perfect, perfect two weeks for you. You because you get up at three every day regardless, and now you don't have to miss any of the Olympic action. I mean, that's just amazing for you.
Speaker 1: But you missed. Those are the little moments that you're never going to see in primetime on NBC that if you mess around in peacock a.
Speaker 3: Little while al somni acts everywhere are celebrating.
Speaker 2: I am so excited about today. Just we have to talk about the US women's gymnastics team, because wow, they had the opposite of what the men had in the preliminaries. They were incredible and they're going to go for gold today. They finished first in qualifying and Simone Biles is scheduled to compete with her team. Despite that calf issue that had her limping around during the qualifying. She says she's as good as she can be and she is going to compete in all four events at the team finals. And you know, we had to even kind of brush up the scoring works. So the teams enter three athletes on each event. There are four events in women's gymnastics, so all of those scores will count toward the final team score. They don't get to drop a score. And Simone's going to go last on the floor exercise, on the vault, and on the balance beam for the US, and she'll go second for the US on uneven bars.
Speaker 1: I can't be the only one that didn't understand as the scoring was going on. I was because we watched qualifying, so in there and qualifying someone that you can drop one score and who gets to everybody goes and then only three you get to. It was very confusing trying to keep up with this, and I kept asking you questions. You know, you're the gymnast in the house.
Speaker 2: Rules have changed, but yes, and I never was in the Olympics or anywhere close to that.
Speaker 1: But h Simone today is going to have a particular fan in the stands that she hasn't had yet at these Olympics. Her husband is going to make his way over Jonathan Owens. He's think I think he got Lee from the Chicago Bears.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's taking your break from training camp, Yeah.
Speaker 1: To come to port her. And good for them to allow it or whatever. Maybe it was a no brainer, but I'm glad to see he's going to be there. Jonathan Owens is his name, So that continues looking forward to that today. Also more swimming today, but a heck of a scene from the pool yesterday, not just because of medal being won, but Ryan Murphy, a highly decorated American athlete. He got a bronze medal and he got a baby update within moments of each other. He had just done the one hundred meter backstroke, got a bronze medal. But not long after they put that metal around his neck, he looked in the stands and his wife was holding a sign. What did that sign say?
Speaker 2: Ropes, Ryan, It's a girl and I love it. He said, well, that was a great way to find out. That really lit me up and brought the night to a whole other level. It's really exciting to learn that I'm going to be a girl, dad, and to learn it when you're coming off the podium with a bronze medal around your neck is pretty remarkable. Although that heat, I have to say that final it was unreal. Like he we thought he was gonna win. I mean, you couldn't. It was just unreal how closely those three on the podium were to one another. By the naked eye, you could never see who won. I could not tell.
Speaker 1: I said, if I'd have lost that race by that margin, I would have issued an official protest. Yeah, like, no, I need you all to go back and check. That's too close.
Speaker 2: It was crazy.
Speaker 1: I cann't be that close. But congrats to him. We've seen some cool scenes like that every once in a while. Once in a while at the Olympics, they turned these into life moments. I think there was an engagement that's taken place already. You have this baby news, the guy lost his ring in the river. Yea. So life and relationships are going many directions.
Speaker 2: You know what, though, you in these moments, when it all comes to a head and you're out there, you realize what's important. And I think that's pretty is the human side of these athletes. They're all living their lives as well at the same time. So it's it's awesome when they share a little bit of that with us.
Speaker 1: And we need to certainlyppreciate what they've shared with us. But we need to appreciate these two guys, Rafa, Nadal and Novak Djokovic and no Nadal versus Djokovic. We have seen this match up sixty times and we might never see it again. These two robes ended up in an early round playing each other at the Olympics. One of them had to go. But the biggest issue really is this might be the last time we get to see these two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Nadal's retirement rumors have swirled for quite some time, but he did not appreciate them after this match. I want to quote him here because he you know, look, it's got to be tough. It was a tough loss for him with a very big rival, obviously, but he said, I cannot live every single day with the feeling that it's going to be or not going to be my last match. I come here, I try my best, I play, and when I decide to stop playing, or when I decide to keep going, I will let you know. I don't know that's fair.
Speaker 1: He just lost. No matter what, you mad, every time you lose a match, correct, And so I gotta hear this again and hear this again, and hear this again. But these guys are what forty six Grand Slams between them. Novak all time with twenty four and of course the doll has twenty two. But the funny thing is so often we think about the all time greats and who we love in tennis. Recently we talk about Federer. Federer has twenty. These guys were the youngins, kind of chasing him or competing with him, and now they've surpassed him. These are the guys. And to think that these two have, I mean, how many decades now we've been watching these guys. We might never see it again. We should stop and appreciate it.
Speaker 2: We should, and it was a moment to watch. Well. I know that the Parisian officials are watching something very closely. The river Senn Right now it remains too dirty to swim in. In fact, they've had to postpone once again the men's triathlon. It was supposed to start today. Now it's at least until tomorrow. The women are supposed to swim tomorrow. So they say that if the river sen is clean enough, they'll swim after the women. But this this is a tough story. It's not surprising with all of the rain they've had. And they I keep crossing their fingers. I think they said, it's like late at night when Paris is sleeping. Officials go out and test the water, and so far it's not been so good. But I have I have found it very interesting about what some of these athletes, these triathletes who have been waiting to swim, they haven't even been able to train, by the way, the last two days they haven't been able to train. That's got to be really tough. But I was reading up on what they have to do when they swim and open bodies of water. These aren't chlorinated pools, obviously, but it's kind of gross. They literally talk about eating yogurt, taking probiotics, having to disinfect their wet suits when they get backed so that they prevent illness. Because we're talking about levels of not to be totally gross here, but E coli. And that is pretty disgusting if you think about it. But they're used to this, and they've said, hey, we'll swim in anything to get a medal. They're ready to go, and I was just I guess, this isn't that big of a deal for them, but.
Speaker 1: It has to be a big deal for the people responsible for the safety of the athletes, I guess. And yes, every single swimmer you tell them we're going today, they will go out there and they will swim, but they've been working. I guess it's really nothing you can do. You can't exactly just drop a few chlorine tablets into the river sind and think it's going to be good to go. So the options were to start postponing and if they have to, they would take the triathlon athlon down and not do the swimming portion, just do the running.
Speaker 2: What do you do, right?
Speaker 1: But if swimming is your strongest.
Speaker 2: Right, they have a plan to postpone it to August first, at least for now, and then I guess they'll just keep kicking the can down the road.
Speaker 1: That sucks. That's us, shall see. You've heard a lot about Olympic Village really over the years, and you hear a lot of athletes talk so well, so how wonderful of an experience it is to be able to be in there. And this is exclusive and you remember this, This was I don't know if you've ever been in it Olympic Village, but they were very very strict about letting anybody in there. They want to keep it. This is strictly for the athletes. And that is where the American tennis team has been staying along with American tennis star co col Golf. Well co Co Golf has now been left home alone at Olympic Village by her teammates Robes, no, not several of them. All her teammates apparently have bounced left Olympic Village. That of course the living area and the eating area, this is just the spot. But they are out of there.
Speaker 2: Yes, they said that the beds were too tough, they couldn't sleep and they needed their sleep in order to win. So they have all gone to some posher hotels. But Cocoa Goff is staying in because she said she's just drinking in the Olympic experience and being able to, you know, bounce into Simone Biles or she had a lovely meal with American sprinter Noah Lyles. She was apparently by herself because again she's all alone. Her teammates have gone to hotels, and she said she got to have a meal with Lyles, who told her you got this and at the end of the day, you've just got to be you. And Goff said that just having that conversation with him flipped a switch for her. So just being able to have these exciting conversations with the greats of all of these different sports has given her, she said, just an extra ophen in her excitement and confidence going forward in her competition.
Speaker 1: You heard people they've been lost up on social media and reporting about these The living conditions. Now, I remember the Olympics in Athens at least, where Athens had to essentially construct all these new places. Some cities have infrastruction place, but a place like Athens had to build like just these makeshift quarters, these dormitories and whatnot. And I remember mine was it's tiny. The water doesn't the hot water you're gonna get it this morning, don't know how much is it gonna flow, don't know that toilet is not flushing. Good luck. Tiny, it's just a brand Imagine a tiny, tiny, brand new walk in closet. Is what it looks like that somebody just slid a mattress into it and slid a chair into that is what the best athletes in the world. Those aren't good living conditions and the beds are really short, so they are legitimate complaints quote unquote if you will about it, especially when world class athletes are used to having world class facilities, including world class sleeping quarters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and obviously getting the right kind of sleep is important, to say the least to perform at the highest level. And you know, it's funny we were saying that I was remembering Sochi. I was in the Sochi Olympics. They were so not ready, and I mean it became such a viral sensation with athletes posting what their living conditions were like. When we even came to certain hotels, we had to sign a like an affidavit saying we would not post what our hotel rooms looked like on social media. In order to get a key to the room, we had to legally say we would not put anything on social media. That's how seriously they took all of the negative attention. We have not seen that in this Olympics the way we have in others, not even like I'm telling like Sochi Rio, I remember that was also an issue. I feel like, actually I haven't heard the only complaint I've heard about Olympic village or the beds, which is pretty standard. And then the British team was complaining about the food that there wasn't enough eggs. But you know what, the all in all, I feel like this has been a pretty good, pretty good showing for Olympic village.
Speaker 1: I mean this is not new. I think who else is less? Some South Korean swimmers, maybe some other Olympians have left, but the US men's basketball team has never stayed in the Olympic.
Speaker 2: It makes a lot of sense that the four seasons come on.
Speaker 1: Would you can't be six ft ten in a five foot six bed?
Speaker 2: Very fair.
Speaker 1: They've stayed on luxury yachts before on the water.
Speaker 2: So this is not good for them.
Speaker 1: But they like the expir always here. They love, love, love athletes, being an Olympic village, just being able.
Speaker 2: To when are you ever around you know, basically your equals in every other sport. It's just a cool thing I can't even imagine. And it might be worth a little less sleep, but not when a medal's on the line. I don't know. I feel like that's that's the distinction.
Speaker 1: Right, Olympics once in a lifetimes is there.
Speaker 2: But then again, she's really tiny.
Speaker 1: But Cocoa is there in the world class.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: You know the other thing you talk about, the sochi, the the other thing I remember about Athens. They had little signs in the bathroom they said whatever you do do not if you are sitting on this toilet, if you wipe your butt, do not take that toilet paper and put it in the toilet. They gave us special little tens where that's supposed to go. Now that's not a surprise to some people who maybe live in other parties.
Speaker 2: Plumbing issues in other countries.
Speaker 1: Other parts of the world are But they had to tell the Westerners, Hey, you nuts before you got it. But yeah, that was enough. But it's just it was so new and different of an experience. When you're a world class athlete, that's go metal on your mind. You need a get night dressed.
Speaker 2: I completely I think that is so fair. I think that is so fair.
Speaker 1: The other do you know your BMI robes, your body mask?
Speaker 2: I used to know it at one point what it was. In fact, I actually have a I have a scale that tells me that it's yeah, I've got it scale.
Speaker 1: Actually, yeah, I don't know it to be.
Speaker 2: I don't know how accurate it is, but yeah, the Apple scales, when you stand on it, they will actually tell you what your BMI is.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know why, but the body mass index of an American athlete, a superstar on the rugby team is now come up and become an issue. Alona mar is her name, and you're gonna know her if you don't know already. But she is certainly a social media star and she does do a lot of stuff on body positivity. But she's listed at five ten, five eleven, and you see her she is a physical, athletic, strong specimen.
Speaker 2: If she just is ever watched rugby, you can understand why that might come in handy.
Speaker 1: Yes, she is a star and has been. She started in college. She's now been a star on the US US team. Well, someone on social media decides that they want to challenge her on this for reasons I don't understand, and essentially robes they They sent a comment to her on her one of her pages saying, I bet that you have a BMI a body mass index of thirty and that was be an insult.
Speaker 2: Right, and you know what, she took that and said, you know what, I actually do have a BMI of thirty. Well, it's twenty nine point three to be exact, and that's how she began her video. And by the way, this video has been viewed more than over four million times, liked by well over half a million people, but you know what, she kind of just took it on. She's like, I have been considered overweight my entire life. And she talked about in high school where there was a time where she had to turn a physical into the office and at the bottom of the page it said overweight, and she said, her whole life, she's been this way. But she just wanted to talk about how she is proud of who she is. And she also said that this BMI thing, and we've heard this from scientists, from doctors who say it's not helpful, and it's certainly not helpful for athletes because it basically, if you don't know what, a BMI is, a formula where a person's weight is divided by the square of their height, and so it's just a way for doctors to measure what they consider to be healthy. But obviously she is a world class athlete and I love that she took this on and certainly sort of the people who follow her and cheer her on, and we will be sharing her on along with her teammates today because they have a big, big, big, huge historic game today.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't know why we look at athletes, oh you know, looking up at a commercial. Right, we see an American sprinter on the commercial, but we look at them and we're in awe of them physically. We have an expectation of what they're supposed to look like physically, and we also have an expectation of what a man is supposed to look like a woman is supposed to look like. So this is a woman I suppose that doesn't look like what the women this social media user knows or looks at, or thinks or who knows what that person was doing. But it's okay for us now to her response. Gives us a chance to have an opportunity to have a conversation, especially about BEMI. How long have we, for years been told by doctors on TV they'll say one thing us on during the interview and then behind sees, Yeah, I don't even know why we use BMI anymore.
Speaker 2: It's true, It's true. So I am very excited to cheer on the women's rugby team as we talk about what we're going to be watching today, and that is going to be first and foremost, because that starts this morning for anyone who is streaming it on Peacock at nine to thirty. But This is so cool. This is the first medal we could possibly win since rugby became an Olympic sport, so that's pretty awesome. And it's the first time that either the men's or the women's American rugby team has ever reached the semi final round at the Olympics. So the problem is we're playing New Zealand, and New Zealand is the defending champion, so this match is not going to be an easy one. But we've looked really, really good and a lot of the experts they don't count Team USA out. We have a shot.
Speaker 1: And the reason we have a shot is because of this woman that this guy decides he wants to or he or she decides they want to insult on social media. She is a star and you know what, she is one of the biggest stars personality wise in the Olympics. Does she puts together. She's doing a whole Love Island thing on TikTok about Olympic village like she's there, actually too fine and hook up with somebody. It's hilarious. She's a great, great personality and great for the sport and great for women and great for body positivity. So by allow me support if you get a chance.
Speaker 2: That is exciting. Okay, Well, Jimmy's obviously women's gymnastics finals, duh. That starts it just after noon today, But obviously that will be the primetime event this evening at NBC for people who are at work and want to watch it, that will be obviously the highlight of the evening. And as we mentioned, Simone's calf seems to be okay, so this is going to be exciting to watch. But you know what, it's one of those things where when we watch the men's it's almost as if because they had done so poorly, the expectations were lower, and so watching them do well was just exciting and awesome. Now, when you have basically the expectation of winning gold, I feel like, in a weird way, the pressure is even I don't. For me as a viewer, I'm more on the edge of my seat because we have so much to lose.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I see, you know what, when I watch US women play basketball, when I watch US women play soccer, and when I watch US women compete in gymnastics, I'm.
Speaker 2: So chill because we're pretty dang good. Of course they're gonna win that it's amazing. Well, let's hope that what happens, Well.
Speaker 1: Only nerves were hope Simons. We just wanted Simone to get that first event out of the way, and then Brody Malone, we wanted him to have a decent comeback and be okay, but they kept nailing it. Yeah, look us men, you all deserve everything that's coming your way. You all came back and put on a show and showed all of us a lesson in resilience and how to bounce literally bounce back from fallowing the damn man.
Speaker 2: And we know what you can see once you see the first event, you see where they are mentally, and then the momentum just carries good or bad. It just you see how that all evolves. So, yes, that's going to be the highlight of the day. But also men's soccer. We are playing against Guinea at one pm, so we will know later today whether or not the US is going to the knockout round. I mean that is and it's confusing what will happen if we don't win, because we still have a shot areas And I was laughing at them and my head kind of like it's like a mathematic equation that I couldn't possibly follow or understand. But if we tie, we could still go. And if we lose, there's the scenario in which we could still go.
Speaker 1: Right, we could win, lose or draw and move ahead depending on what the other match the other teams if they win, lose or draw and buy how many So it gets complicated. Just know this soccer has a chance. The US men have a.
Speaker 2: Chance, and definitely if you can catch it, you should watch it. Also, swimming has been really fun. This is cool. The women's one hundred meter backstrop final is this afternoon and I'm assuming they'll put that in prime time as well. But the four fastest women in history are going to be competing against one another, so and two of them are from the US, so Reagan Smith from US, Catherine Berkoff from the United States, and then we've got Australia and Canada. So this is going to be a really fun one to watch it. Again, I love swimming because it happens like that. You get results immediately, and.
Speaker 1: They better be glad they are inside because we were complaining about I say we were complaining, but people were complaining about the rain. They got so much rain the first Oh yeah, you saw the opening ceremony was a drenched from start to finish. The rain continued the next day. Now they're about to get hit with a heat wave in France, the likes of ninety ninety five degrees over the next couple of days. So throw that in the mix. Now, which one do you want? Can we have an in between?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean, oh, I would rather have the rain. I mean, oh my goodness. We were in Rome when it was about that heat two weeks ago or so, and you loved it and I was melting. And as an athlete, I guess maybe you would take it either way. But I think about like the marathon ers when it's that hot, Oh my gosh, I mean that in Tokyo. They actually it's so hot in Tokyo, and I was training for my marathon while they were running it. I had to get up at four am to run because they got so hot. And even still I got heat stroke. I cannot imagine what those folks are going to go through track and field. Think about that when they're going through this heat wave. I think that starts in a couple days. Yeah, but still, if you know how if they've got that kind of weather, that is game changing in every way, so there's still a lot to be seen on that, but also just quickly, I think we've got women's fencing, men's water polo Us versus Romania that's later today, so there's so much to watch. This has been so much fun. I don't think I've ever sat in the couch so much in my life, but I've enjoyed every second of it.
Speaker 1: Well, I've appreciated sitting next to you on the couch a little one, and folks keep checking in with her.
Speaker 2: Us here for the t from Perry
Speaker 1: Again, we're not married to that name.