Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Jetty and know he Armstrong Andedty So pron is just indicted by a Branduri and Maryland. You have a reaction to that. I didn't know that, you tell me for the first time. But I think he's, you know, a bad person. I think he's a bad guy. Yeah, he's a bad guy, too bad.
Speaker 1: But that's the way it goes.
Speaker 2: That's the way it goes, right, that's the way it goes. Well, I have you reviewed the case against him? No, I haven't. I haven't, But I just think he's a bad person.
Speaker 3: Donald Trump, reacting to the news that his former National security advisor John Bolton had been indicted yesterday, mostly for having classified information that he mishandled and putting someone his book in that sort of thing. Before we hear a little more on this, this never ending race to the bottom that we've got going on in our politics, because this is like not even shocking really, whereas you go back a decade, it would have been amazing to indict a national security advisor on anything, let alone classified information or something but well, national Security Advisor, Ambassador to the UN, and a couple of other high positions, and a guy who's credentials as a rock ribbed American patriot or just unquestioned. Right, but we do have the whole everything is classified and everybody seems to treat it as classified stuff is not that big a deal until you get caught, and then the letter of the law is way different than the way people seem to act with their classified information. You know, see Hillary Clinton's email server. Kinds of different examples out there, Trump and Biden and everybody else. Everybody takes classified information home, puts it in the backseat of the car, stores it in the garage, puts it on uh you know.
Speaker 2: Group text calls or whatever. Right, but then when you need to hammer somebody, you can get them for the equivalent of going two miles per hour over the speed line, right, Exactly. The interesting one about Look, I'm not claiming, I'm not claiming with any authority that is the case here, but it's definitely that sort of environment.
Speaker 3: So you got the whole retribution thing going on. If that's what this is so comy. The FBI director is a scumbag liar creep. Still might be retribution that is not cool, but you know, at least there's some karma in there. Then you got the Letitia James woman. Nobody thinks that case would have ever been brought again if it weren't for Trump being pissed off. But she's getting a taste of her own medicine too. Bolton, all he did was bad mouth for the president. I think, yes, and yeah, yeah, so that seems like a slightly different category. But anyway, here's how CNN treated the story yesterday.
Speaker 4: Some of the things in these documents, those eighteen counts essentially correspond to individual pieces of information that would be top secret, classified or individual documents. Those eighteen counts reveal things like information about foreign leaders, intelligence of the US was collecting about foreign attacks. One was revealing intelligence where a foreign country was considering specific force against another country.
Speaker 2: So really high level stuff there.
Speaker 4: That the prosecutors say, John Bolton should have known that he shouldn't have kept even to himself on an unsecured place.
Speaker 2: What's your exasperation? A load of crap? That was She characterized several different things in ways that made them sound scary. How scary were they? How specific were they, what leaders? What was the time period involved? Was there any real or imagined the potential damage to the US national interest Because of those specific disclosures, it's all left You're vague and kind of exciting sounding. Well, that was a load of crap.
Speaker 3: Well, like I said, every one of these classified cases ends up being this conversation of the that was classified, But what was it?
Speaker 2: And how big descriptions of foreign leaders? Ladimir Putin is taller than Benjamin Netanyahu is a description of foreign leaders.
Speaker 3: But so your argument that CNN's going out of their way to make Trump's case.
Speaker 2: No, just to make it sound exciting in top secret, I just that was that was nothing. They gave me nothing. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh, I've been bothered by all these classified stories. I feel like, clearly we need to take a look at the way we classify information in one percent, But the CNN goes on.
Speaker 1: We've spoken to people who believe maybe there is more strength to this case than the ones we've seen against people like the former FBI director or the Attorney General for New York, given the emails and the information that they have their hands on.
Speaker 2: Now that I'm less exasperated by that one, that is entirely possible, although she mentioned a couple of very very different cases there. We'll just have to wait and see. But it's also worth remembering the left despises John Bolton. The only time they ever gave him anything other than you know, hatred was when in his book he said he didn't think Trump was very sharp, didn't think he was qualified to be president. And then he got on all the Sunday talk shows and treated like, you know, a wise veteran of the DC circuit. When they absolutely hated.
Speaker 3: Him when he was working in the Trump administration and before that for decades, they hated eah because he's pretty what's the term they always you, Neil connie. He kind of likes to get involved in other countries, attacking them and whatnot.
Speaker 2: Well, the left hated him well for that, and also because he's a patriot and believes in projecting American military power. So I want, I.
Speaker 3: Haven't heard this, so I was wondering what Jonathan Turley, he is the law professor from Georgetown, George Mason, whichever one it is, one of them fancy cologists and Washington.
Speaker 2: He's always on Fox, and this is what he said about the case.
Speaker 5: Two arguments will not work in that courtroom. One is that this is all old classified information. It doesn't matter if it's old or brand new. If it's still classified, you violate the statute. The other argument is that everyone does this, that as Abby said, everyone has diaries. Well, that's not going to fly either in that courtroom. I mean, you know he's going to try with just as Comy's going to try and James is going to try to bring up a vindictive prosecution claim and also a selective prosecution so both of those.
Speaker 2: Generally, courts do not go for those.
Speaker 5: If you have a viable criminal case that comes out of a grand jury, they tend not to want to look at motivations. This indictment looks pretty serious.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's why we got We got to figure out this whole classified information thing and come up with a category that actually means this would damage the country. And if you start playing fast and loose with that, you should be in trouble. But just the meeting, random notes from a meeting that wouldn't mean anything to anybody, but they're classified whatever. Yeah, and even they were classified, but now everybody knows it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: One of the reasons one of the many reasons I'm bothered by this whole thing. Is U I heard David Petraeus on a podcast yet today he was actually doing the Telegraph podcast that I listened to about the war in Ukraine. David Petraeus, he was the guy in charge of our entire war on terror in the Middle East for star General.
Speaker 2: He's brilliant.
Speaker 3: I was listening to him on there and thinking the fact that he got caught with classified information he was sharing with his mistress again one of these stories that technically was true. But did it do any damage to national security? I don't think that it did, and he can't be part of our government anymore.
Speaker 2: Is one of our most brilliant warriors out there. So here's the probable Bolton defense. It's not well, the stuff Turtley mentioned might be part of it, and he had it hidden his mustache. But that's a pretty good defense. That's no no, That is no no. What was I gonna say? Ah? And I don't know with certainty that there aren't countervailing facts that make this meaningless. Until you know the facts, you don't know the truth anyway, mister Bolton. Allegation is that Bolton wrote diary entries that included classified information, then transmitted those on eight occasions to Individual one and Individual two, who are his wife and daughter. Neither had clearance to handle classified material, although the indictment makes no claim that they did mishandle it in any way, They just read it and thought, oh, interesting. Mister Bolton is likely to claim that he had every right to keep a diary based on his memory to write a book Jimmy Carter's NSC Advisors a big new Brazinski wrote extensive journal entries that informed his memoir back in the day. The indictment makes much of the fact that the information mister Bolton is accused of mishandling did not appear in his book after his draft was reviewed by the White House. But the review process exists to safeguard national secrets, and mister Bolton subjected himself to it. Prosecutors will have to prove mister Bolton knew his diary notes contained national secrets rather than being recollections that would be subject to review before becoming public. Who knew that those were two different things? And the prosecutors also make much of the detail that one of mister Bolton's accounts was hacked by Iran, but mister Bolton disclosed that to the FBI and worked closely with the bureaus that sought to counter the Iranian efforts Bob bah Bah. So he says, look, everything you're talking about was reviewed by the White House before my book was published, and I told the FBI the minute I've realized I was hacked, you know. And the Wall Street Journal editorial board says, this all stinks of what Joseph Stalin's head of Secret Police once said, You show me the man, and I'll show you the crime.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Iranian hack angle of it is pretty interesting. And there was a guest on Joe Scarborough Show this morning I want you to hear from in just a second. But since we're talking about hacks, whether it's Iran or Russia or whoever hacking into your stuff, there's a way to deal with that. Web Root. It's a really good idea. Every day there's a new way to trick you out there, from tech scams to data breaches. It's hard to keep up, but that's why this cyber scaries month. You need webroot total protection.
Speaker 2: You got your lightning fast antivirus, you got identity identity theft protection, dark web monitoring, secure VPN. You've heard about that. You thought it was a good idea unlimited cloud backup? Are you kidding? Webroot Total Protection helps defend every part of your digital life, and that wasn't even the whole list. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I also like that they've got the I want to emphasize the fact you a US based customer support. You need a little help. You get somebody on the line. It's somebody here in the United States and not on the other side of the world. You can't understand.
Speaker 2: So change October from cyber scary to CyberSecure with sixty percent off Webroot Total Protection at webroot dot com slash armstrong runs crazy fast, doesn't interfere with your system. That's sixty percent off for a limited time, but only when you go to webroot dot com slash armstrong. That's webroot dot com slash armstrong. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So the Iranian hack angle of this story of the John Bolton indictment from MSNBC this morning.
Speaker 6: The FBI is known about this for a long time, and that's true. This arose in the Biden administration, and but what seems to be the case is that they did not know the extent of what was in at least one of his email accounts until they discovered that Iran they discovered the material that Iran had hacked through a US intelligence penetration of Iran. That's according to my reporting. And that's one of the reasons this case is didn't go forward in the Biden administration is because officials were concerned about revealing that penetration. The Trump administration has made a different calculation. They're okay with revealing it. They've revealed it now to the Iranians. So whatever penetration they had is now shut down. That's how badly they wanted to prosecute John Bolton. And that's where you can ask questions about whether this case should have gone forward.
Speaker 3: Well, that's interesting, and you could make the argument either direction on that. Sometimes it's a good idea to keep it a secret that you've hacked into somebody. Sometimes it's good to let them know that, hey we can, we can get in and listen to everything. We've seen, everything you've got.
Speaker 2: So yeah, well, and I'm remember I'm reminded rather of another major hurdle in talking about cases like this is that they'll say, hey, this guy had highly classified information. That's dangerous. Oh yeah, really tell me about it. We can't because it's highly classified and dangerous. Just take our words for it.
Speaker 3: We've got our two hour retrospective on Ace Freeley, the guitar player from Kiss. Coming up will cover his entire life, his childhood, why the Less Paul to make up Everything, among other things on the way stay with us.
Speaker 7: His founding member and lead guitarist, Ace Freeley has died. His family says he passed away peacefully surrounded by family after a recent fall at home. Freely helped to form the iconic rock band Kiss back in the early seventies. He was a Grammy nominee and a Rock and Roll Hall of Famer. Ace Freely was just seventy four.
Speaker 3: Yeah, gotta be pretty old to have actually lived through the heyday of Kiss. I am pretty old, so I did. I was never really a Kiss guy, but man, my friends were in grade school. Here's a little perspective that you were hinting at. After thirty years with the band, he left in two thousand and two, which was twenty three years ago, a quarter of century, and then came back, and then left again, and then whatever he did.
Speaker 2: So there's some kiss song. I always thought it was idiotic. As a kid, some of my friends were huge kiss fans. I was utterly contemptuous of them. He thought it was Yeah, I thought, what this is stupid? So you don't want to rock and roll all night and party every day? Is that what you're saying. Not really, I need to take the weekends off. They don't call you doctor love.
Speaker 3: So there's surely there's some kiss song that My brother, who's a huge music fan, says he has got the greatest guitar one of his favorite all time guitar solos in it, which would be Ace Freely. But I don't remember which song it was. I got to check that out today because I don't remember being wowed by any kiss songs. Really, I had one more kissing one final note.
Speaker 2: I thought that because of teenage pretensions, not because it's necessarily true. If you enjoyed it, you enjoyed it, Good for you. Oh sure.
Speaker 3: But Hanson said that because our executive producer, Hanson lived in San Diego, very big chunk of his life, and as Freely lived there, and he said you'd see Ace Freely at the mall regularly like there is in the Nordstrom, which.
Speaker 2: Is kind of funny if you're of a certain age that.
Speaker 3: You know, the master of doom and the devil and corrupting children everything. There there is as an old man standing at Nordstrom, you know, looking for a new pair of comfortable pants.
Speaker 2: I thought he was working. He might have been working there. No, Michael, No, so wrong, so wrong. No, he was. He was a rock star back when rock stars made crazy money. Yeah, although certainly, as many an NBA and NFL player has proved, if you want to squander at all, you certainly can. Man.
Speaker 3: We talk about that a lot. But with string you make no money on your Your albums.
Speaker 2: Were like that.
Speaker 3: But back in the day Kissed they had to be crazy easy raking in the money at some point, partly because Gene Simmons their basis the dragon looking guy with the tongue and the blood and everything.
Speaker 2: It is absolute genius entrepreneur. And he was one of the first guys in rock music to say selling out, are you kidding? That's why I'm here. And in terms of merchandise, especially oh, they they taught Disney how to merchandise.
Speaker 3: And which is what's interesting about that. Is that the guy who would bite down on these red capsules to make it look like he had blood streaming out his mouth during Why is that appealing during a concert?
Speaker 2: Didn't drink at all or do drugs? And is just a businessman?
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, Yeah, a businessman wearing twelve inch high boots and skulls on his knees.
Speaker 2: Fasis exactly, yes, spitting fake blood at correct, it's correct, and it's.
Speaker 3: Sold like craze I would say, And I can I can remember its being so dangerous and everything for my friend customer.
Speaker 2: That's right, right, right right. Anyway, we don't have much time, do we I had a couple of notes on Barry Weiss's early days run in CBS News. One of the first ones, real quick, is that they were talking about the hostage deal and the hamasteel and the rest of it in Gaza and she proposed an idea round table panel with former Secretaries of State Hillary Clinton, Mike Pompeo and Anthony Blinken. Wow. And everybody's like, no, you can't book them, and we don't really do round table political discussions, can you imagine? And she said no, I'll make a couple of calls and by a couple of afternoons later, the three panelists initially agree to sit down for an interview hosted by Norah O'Donnell. Which is a brilliant IDEA second thing that I really really wanted to get to, back to the whole thing that Marxists. You know, we don't have time for this, and I don't want to rush my way through it, so I'm not going to. You can't make me. I'll give you a hint. Barry Weisse Lesbie, first LGB person to run network news like that, not a peep out of activists, not a peep Why because she's the wrong kind of lesbian. Excellent point. Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 8: Regime change may or may not be on the table, but the President says, the US is at war with Venezuelan drug traffickers.
Speaker 3: We are certainly looking at land now because we've got to see very well under control.
Speaker 8: Just yesterday, the Pentagon launched another strike on an alleged drug boat off Venezuela's coast. This is the fifth such strike in recent weeks that have killed more than twenty suspected NARCO terrorists in international waters.
Speaker 2: The President, talking about the campaign against narco traffickers from Venezuela, narco terrorists, which is an important term for legal reasons, right indeed, and making it clear that we're looking at perhaps attacks on land as well as usual. As Trump, he left several words out of the sentence, so you have to kind of interpret it. Here's a little more of the latest from Martha rad At s ABC three.
Speaker 9: Nuclear capable B fifty two heavy bombers flew for hours in the Caribbean waters, less than ninety miles from Venezuela. The move comes in the midst of a major US military build up in the region of some ten thousand US troops, including Special Operations helicopters the kind used by Navy Seals and Delta Force now conducting exercises in the Caribbean.
Speaker 2: The US military has.
Speaker 9: Already launched at least five deadly air strikes on what the administration claims are boats operated by drug cartels.
Speaker 3: I'm not plugged into what the most maga of maga people want, really, but I gotta believe B fifty two's flying over Venezuela wasn't on anybody's list of things when Trump got elected.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I too kind of have to guess at what the bulk of MAGA thinks. A bunch of different stuff. Usually, Yeah, it's looking more and more like Trump is serious about regime change in Venezuela.
Speaker 3: That's the bottom line. B fifty two bombers capable of carrying nuclear weapons. I doubt we're gonna nuke Venezuela. That'd be a pretty earth shattering move.
Speaker 2: That would be controversial, Yeah, to say the least. And I'm scanning around various of my favorite thinkers, uh, trying to figure out what's going on here. I will tell you this just asn't aside, then we can move on from it. But the blowing up the drug boats, which lawmakers on both sides of the aisle have said, Hey, what's what's your justification again on that?
Speaker 3: Can you spell that out for us a little bit or how certain are you that these drug boats were taking were drug boats and they were headed to the United States. They could be fishermen, or they could be drug boats headed to a different country, and that doesn't mean we get to kill them. So yeah, it gets a little complicated.
Speaker 2: Oh, they can be drug boats going fishing. It's my day off of sporting drugs. I'm gonna see if I can land me at Tuna.
Speaker 3: I do enjoy a good halibit in between moving fentnyl. That's right, Well, this is interesting. Admiral Alvin Holsey of the United States, who runs Southern Command, which includes the Caribbean, is cutting his four year term short and retiring after basically one year on December the twelfth. And it does not take a military a jag officer to figure out what's going on here. This guy thinks we cannot justify this. This is not legally justified under the laws of the United States and the laws of war.
Speaker 2: I don't want any part of this. I'm out. Well, I have to see what the fallout is from that. That's you know, that's a supposition on my part. But I'm told by sources close to sources that the guy's reputation is sterling as a patriot, no warrior.
Speaker 3: Well, since since a law you know, the MAGA thing at its root is well, it's right there in the It's called MAGA because it's an acronym. M AGA make America great again, with America first being the old idea, going back to the first term, can you put regime change in Venezuela neatly into America.
Speaker 2: First, I can actually I can uh, and I want to make that argument in a second. Let me tell you one more thing, just to kind of lay the groundwork. Uh. Venezuela is moving troops into position on the coast and mobilizing what Maduro the truck driver the Communists, the dictator asserts, is a millions strong militia. In a display of defiance, the strong Man's regime has cranked up its propaganda machine. On state television. Blah blah. Announcers are telling Venezuelans that the US is a rapacious Nazi like state that wants to dig its claws into the country's oil wealth, but that the Venezuelan military, the National Bold Bolivarian Armed Forces, are positioned to repel any invasion. Footage Jack has shown militia members men and women, often elderly plump Venezuelans, running obstacle courses, crawling under barbed wires, firing rifles. The Venezuelan armed forces, which military experts say on paper number about one hundred and twenty five thousand soldiers total, are shown marching around and moving ammunition boxes in and out of armored vehicles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, yeah, I'm sure they have overstated their prowess in terms of their military resistance.
Speaker 2: But the people are ready for combat, ready for battle, Vaudmaduro.
Speaker 3: You know, the US Marines are gonna wipe the beach with whatever resistance they get. But I was listening to a podcast just the other day about when Great Britain needed to invade the Falkland Islands.
Speaker 2: You lose people.
Speaker 3: I don't remember how many, it was, dozens hundred to whatever's how's MAGA going to react to twenty five Marines dying as we take the beach there in Venezuela for regime change?
Speaker 2: Right? Right? So here's here's the basic argument. And it's funny. Even when I was in college being told that this sort of thing was ugly, I didn't buy it. Exactly. During the you know, the especially the post WW two era through you know, I don't know, the nineties, the US supported some fairly loathsome regimes in Central and South America, and that earned us a bunch of resentments on the quarters.
Speaker 3: The justification being we wanted a dictator that was friendly to us as opposed to communists.
Speaker 2: Usually that was my next sentence. Oh yeah, the reason you support a loathsome regime is that a more loathsome regime loyal to the Soviet Union is going to spread the tentacles of Soviet control throughout your neighborhood. And you can't have that. And if the only other alternative is a bolvar or whatever or was his face in Cuba, that that castro got rid of Simosa. Anyway, if that's your only choice, that's who you back. And it is ugly and terrible and terrible things are done. But you could make the argument in Venezuela. So you got Venezuela, which is if you don't know the geography, I mean, it's on the northeast end top of South America. It's a big, beautiful country with oil wealth and and you know, incredible real estate and the rest of it that's been taken over by force by a quasi communist goon who steals power and fakes elections, which is really kind of the Venezuelan people's business until it starts really affecting the United States in negative ways, and and the question becomes, and different people have different answers for this. If a quasi communist bus driver can take Venezuela by force. Why can't the superpower next door because it's not our country. Yeah, but if it reflects our interests, what's the point of being a superpower if you can't boot out the dictator and install a great, legitimate regime. That's the argument, of course. The counter argument is, yeah, you create a vacuum for power and then step in and you're gonna run the place, are you. You're gonna police the place, You're gonna take care of trendy Iragua and the rest of it. You know, Pandora's box is open. But the argument could be made Meduro must go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you boot out Maduro and then there are three years of civil war between rival factions that makes life pretty miserable.
Speaker 2: There could be you know, on the promising end, there is a robust and very legit democratic resistance to Maduro that just wants to run a pretty US style democracy. But you know, that sort of thing has been claimed more than once.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what we're hoping in Iraq and a bunch of different places. I'm not necessarily against this, just I have a memory of a woman and I don't remember what country she was from. She's from one of your South American countries, Central American countries that we got involved with back in the day. She was young, so it had to be before her time. But anyway, she's standing in my kitchen. This was at a party in my house. That's how long ago it was. There was a party at my house. Trust me, it wasn't my idea, but this woman was screaming at me at the top of her lungs, so passionately angry because I'd said something about, well, you know, we were trying to keep the communists.
Speaker 2: Out or something like that, and it was just.
Speaker 3: Her view of it growing up with her parents telling her this, I suppose was we, you know, caused their country to be crappy by meddling in their elections.
Speaker 2: She might be right.
Speaker 3: She might be right, because things don't always turn out the way you want right, and sometimes the communist leaning people are just h'm the leftists, and the power strike, the foreign policy power structure in the US perceives that they would be likely to go for Soviet affiliation and influence, and so we got to be safe and keep them out of power, when really it would have been fine.
Speaker 2: They're just kind of left these and we should have left it alone.
Speaker 3: This stuff is hard, you know, when you're talking about south of the border countries during baseball season with the Dodgers in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: How can we not hear this?
Speaker 8: And who do you think is the richest person in Venezuela the daughter of Hugo Chops?
Speaker 2: Hello? Anyway? Oh and two? There you go. Yeah, yeah, it makes you stop and think, Ben, God bless you.
Speaker 3: And I wish when I was watching the Dodgers game last night, during a little lull of the action, they had worked in some geopolitical And why did Trump bomb those drug cartel people in the boat? They need to keep ventlel out of the United States. Anyway, two strikes the better out in a.
Speaker 2: Beautiful country with oil riches. Be condemned to poverty forever, communism, that's how anyway? Oh and two? Yeah, anyway, oh and two? Speaking of and then, well, well then we'll get back to the Venezuela and the coming invasion. Wait what that was classified? I'm sorry, mister president. You got to get into prize picks. Basketball is starting up. You got your football, you got your baseball playoffs, and prize picks is the easiest, most fun and simple experience playing daily fantasy sports. You just say at least two players. You pick two players, they're going to do more or less than the stat projection. Easy as that.
Speaker 3: Prize Picks now offers stacks, meaning you can pick the same player up to three times in the same lineup. If you want to pick more on Steph Curry on his points, three pointers and assist. Now you can pick all of them in the same lineup only on Price Picks, so download the Price Picks up today. Use the code armstrong to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play the first five dollars lineup and.
Speaker 2: How bold you're feeling. How bold is up to you. If you want flexibility, choose flex Play, where you can get paid even if one of your picks misses. If you want the bigger payouts, go for the power play whatever. Prize Picks is a great way to take your put your takes to the test. Download the Prize Picks app today. Use the code armstrong to get fifty bucks in lineups after you play your first five dollars lineup as the code armstrong fifty dollars in lineups just for playing five. You don't have to be right I'm sorry, you don't have to win, you get the fifty anyway, prize picks. It's good to be right, and the Marines should be easily. It should be easy for the Marines to establish a beachhead there in Venezuela. Shohe Otani loosening up may come in in the seventh inning. Yeah, the Marines are forty nine point favorites in that matchup. But again, it would not be without bloodshed and horror and complic problems and the rest of it. Probably it is entirely possible, knowing Trump's modus operandi, that what he really wants is for Maduro to say to the cartels because like in mex couh, the cartels are giant corporations. They have the year of the government. If they pick up the phone and say I need to talk to the president, the president calls them back. Uh. What Trump is looking for is Maduro to tell them, hey, you do anything you want with your drugs, but don't make them traceable to Venezuela or or lay low for six months. That is the goal. Yeah. Yeah, So we'll have to see how it plays out. Anyway, oh and two. Anyway, oh and two, anyway. Oh and two, thank you Bence, Miss Vincecully.
Speaker 3: I would listen to the Dodger game last night on the radio if he was calling it.
Speaker 2: I'm rooting for the Brewers, openly, hopingy proudly. I was too.
Speaker 3: I was to you say, I tend to root for the underdog. But now that it's three to zero, come on, yeah, yeah, Well I'm rooting for them all the more. And there's a miracle comeback.
Speaker 2: They're gonna slay the mighty Goliath like David of Old. Probably not so.
Speaker 3: We mentioned Barry Weise earlier running CBS now and we're excited about that. She fired somebody yesterday. She's her first scalp, they called it in trying to turn around things at that major network. I'm kind of excited about that. Oh, you got a bunch of stuff we can talk about. I hope you can stick around anyway.
Speaker 2: Oh and two Armstrong and finally, Kamala Harris claims some people have told her that she may have been the most qualified presidential candidate ever. Wow. She was told this by the author of the book Lies I Tell Drunk Chicks.
Speaker 3: He's always the leaning on the Kamala's drunk thing. So we mentioned Barry Wise, who runs CBS News. Now, you know, she left the New York Times she thought they were too woke, and she was right, and then she started her own thing and became very successful. And paramount who owned CBS offered her what one hundred and fifty million dollars for free press, and now she runs CBS. And you know, people are wondering, well they.
Speaker 2: Muzzle or what.
Speaker 3: I never was worried about that. She's not the sort of person that's going to be muzzled. Not a freaking chance in my opinion. But anyway, she's there, and she's already fired somebody. She fired this Claudium Maline, who ran the division responsible for moral, ethical and legal implications at CBS Programming. It's the first senior executive to leave since Weiss arrived. And that person was seen to be part of the whole CBS caters to the woke side of things person and that y is not very title.
Speaker 2: Stinks. Yes, what is that? Well sounds awfully close to DEI.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's she exactly, I should say, because this is a better description of what happened. They eliminated that position because that shouldn't even be a thing.
Speaker 2: So yeah, there you go. Right. Speaking of Barry Weiss, as we mentioned briefly, I think it was Luella's a little earlier activist LGBTQ plus minus ie two spirit over the power of three activists haven't said a word about Barry Weiss making lgb history. I'm just going with those letters for the rest of my life. Uh at CBS News being the head now of CBS News.
Speaker 3: This isn't an obvious one, but it had escaped me, of course, if she had been leading someone else that they liked the first uh lbgpqick a plus person to ever run the whatever.
Speaker 2: Right, But not a word about because she's sent her left. Yeah, she's away, she's not even Anybody who calls her a conservative is inaccurate. She's all over the map, like a lot of people are. You bring up an issue and she'll tell you where she stands, and like all most human beings is it's a little more complicated. Well, she likes honest uh news coverage.
Speaker 3: That's the thing I like about her the best, And as long as that happens, I can live with whatever your politics are, right right, They claim to love diversity, an inclusion unless it is somebody of a moderately conservative maybe bent.
Speaker 2: And here's here's another one for you, with their hope for finally Palestinian people having happy lives and getting rid of Hamas. The ceasefire now, crowd is now the A ceasefire isn't liberation. A ceasefire isn't Palestinian. It was made without Palestinian voices. Israel is still committing a genocide. Blah blah blah crowd. And it goes back to the freedom living quote of the day. We wrapped up last the first hour with Marxists. Just lie. The whole Dei thing is a lie. It's not about diversity, it's about more neo Marxists. We need more diversity. Look, there's some a couple of black people. We'll have them on the board. I guarantee you those two black people are far left progressives. They use moral arguments to dress up getting more people who think like them on board. Barry Weiss is the wrong sort of lesbian. We had a great note from this legislator in eastern Washington State who's Hispanic, who watched the progressives in the state House in Washington bust up her district because Republicans.
Speaker 3: Were winning it.
Speaker 2: They pretend they care about ethnic minorities. All they care about is power. They are liars.
Speaker 3: Different story in our waning seconds this hour. This is interesting specifically because it's Columbus Week. You know, he came here and discovered this big, giant empty land that was America.
Speaker 2: They found a.
Speaker 3: Four thousand, two hundred year old skull in an Indiana riverbed this week, so that changes the dates for when they think different people were in different parts of the United States.
Speaker 2: But there were people there.
Speaker 3: Four thousand years ago, not four hundred years ago in Columbus landed, but four thousand years ago in Indiana.
Speaker 2: And since the land changed probably hundreds of times in that time, the whole land declaration, is that what those are called. Yeah, it's going to be like an hour and a half long every time you start a meeting, So settle in, everybody, get comfortable. Yeah, that's interesting stuff. I'll talk to the Pacific Legal Foundation in just a couple of minutes about the blockbuster Supreme Court session underway right now. Stay with us if you can't grab the podcast,