Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you already know how the Third, the Polo Weekend, the Skillion there, the Skelosophy. Make sure you catch me on that bootleg keV show man. It's gonna be serious.
Speaker 2: Man. What up Bootleg keV.
Speaker 3: Boutlet cav podcast. Man, we got a special guest in here, Thurst and how the third welcome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's up? Kevin?
Speaker 3: It's crazy because I remember I told you, like one of my first vinyls I ever got was one of your singles when you were with Rackets, and I didn't really know much about you, and then it was through the Source or the Double Excel, I really like I read up on you, and uh, I was like super intrigued by the whole low life shit and some of the for people who don't know like what the low lifes were, like, first of all, you're still poloed out right on Brand Life.
Speaker 2: Lower is Life.
Speaker 3: But back in the nineties, please correct me if I'm wrong, Like you guys would like kind of boost a lot of polo right in the eighties. Okay, Okay, So in the eighties it started, what was what kind of give me the background of what the low life movement was, and you know, I feel like we see so much of this boosting of high end products out of like Louis Vatam these days, and I like, you guys were doing the first low key So.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, low life was just a group of kids coming together man for survival. You know, did a lot of things we weren't supposed to be doing. You know, it definitely expanded way beyond clothing and stealing clothed. There was so many entities to what low Life was. But you know, we were known mainly for running up in stores and taking everything rushing. There was a lot of casual boosters. You know, we was terrorizing clubs and concerts and events and even the subway system. But like I always stress and reinterview because these are always the first questions. Low Life has transformed since then, of course, a positive movement with a positive organization within hip hop culture, pushing things forward and teaching people to actually do the opposite of.
Speaker 3: That what y'all were doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so, because so many people just want to hear the crime. Listen, that was so long ago, and we've been on this path for a very long time now, you know what I mean, we're heavy and entertainment heavy and art, heavy in film, you know, heavy in community service and things like that. So it's for me, it's really all about what we are today. I mean, if you want to know the Low Life history is all over the place on the internet. You could google it and they'll tell you all the stuff that I'm tired of repeating because we you know, we got the stigma stuck on us that I've been trying to shake off.
Speaker 2: It's been years since.
Speaker 3: Have they ever approached you guys to do like a or like a movie? Because I feel like it'd be a great Netflix series like that eighties, Like I just feel like that that was such an interesting thing to be a part of that. Like, I'm surprised we haven't seen it kind of you know, come out as like, you know, we see Raising Kine and we see Snowfall, which is kind of based on Freeway Rick Ross's life loosely, you know what I mean. Has anybody ever approached you guys to do something like that?
Speaker 1: Well, that's actually why I'm here in California right now. We're doing the Low Life series Distealing the American Dream with Kevin Garnett and Content Cartel and my good friend Mark Levin and Blowback Production, so along with my company Scilly in there, you know.
Speaker 2: So it's everything is in the mix. So it's just a matter of time before it's on the big screen.
Speaker 3: So that's on the way, on the way. Kg's what is a producer, investor, he's everything.
Speaker 2: You know, he's part of the entire thing.
Speaker 1: We partnered up, you know, our companies to do this together in sing.
Speaker 2: So KG had a lot of interest in the story.
Speaker 1: You know, his company hit me up, he sat down, you know, Adam Sandler got involved.
Speaker 2: Oh sh happy Madison.
Speaker 1: So there was you know, there was so many angles to it, but it's coming.
Speaker 3: How would you rate Adam Sandler's drip?
Speaker 2: His drip, I mean, Adam don't gotta kire man.
Speaker 3: That's what I like about him, right, It's very much like his lack of is the drip. It says more than you know if he were to be wearing like.
Speaker 1: A and it complements his personality and what he's known for in comedy is like I'm gonna make you laugh every time I walk in the room, whether I'm telling.
Speaker 2: A joke in you know, and he's a good dude man, you.
Speaker 3: Know how much First of all, how extensive is your collection of polo? Because you know there's people who I know who have stuff that they've just I got a good friend who collects the Teddy Bears, the actual Teddy Bears, And I mean he's got and stuff from when he was a kid all the way to.
Speaker 2: Now give me his address.
Speaker 3: But but like, yeah, for you, like what would you say like these days? Like how much? Like how much stuff do you have it at the crib? Like are you are you still collecting a lot?
Speaker 1: I mean it's never ending, right, But I don't hold on to things like people think you know what I mean, not in the order there not because only because I like you curse on him, right, I won't say what the fuck? I like my shit new and crispy, and I like the up to date shit. So many people want the vintage. They want to act like they was there in the past. You know, I don't care about the venta shit. I was there in the same manner as hip hop. Like I feel funny wearing a cago and gazelles today. It feels like a costume because I did it in the eighties and stuff. So I don't try to revisit the past in my time. I'm trying to not trying, but I'm always into the new shit that's coming out. The fresh flavor was, you know. But my collection is what it is. But I'm mostly into the home stuff. Like imagine, if this is my home, all this shit is Polo on that right.
Speaker 2: So that's how I get dom that you got to pull up home stuff.
Speaker 3: You got the towels and the accessories around the crib.
Speaker 2: And that's the shit I care about the most, you know what I mean, you.
Speaker 3: Have any of the actual like stuff Teddy Bears.
Speaker 2: I have the collection I have. I maybe have fifty bears.
Speaker 1: And everything was like gifts man for my family, for my children.
Speaker 3: Fans probably bringing fans.
Speaker 2: With male shit to my po box. All the time.
Speaker 1: I've always put my information on, like my CDs and stuff, and here comes a box that I didn't expect. You know, A fan sent me an autograph Mike Tyson glove because they know I love Mike Tyson and I'm from Brownsville, you know. So I just received stuff from people I didn't even know that and they would tell me, Yo, I think you would like this.
Speaker 3: It's crazy because I remember, like really hearing about Brownsville like from MOP. Right, Mop was like still one of my favorite rap groups of all time. Shot to them, they.
Speaker 1: The kings to me of Brownsville falls in hip hop music. You know, they were the most dominant because they were the most consistent, you.
Speaker 2: Know, outside of myself.
Speaker 1: MOP had more of a mainstream platform and they had them bangers.
Speaker 3: Well, I just remember like reading their interviews and like in my head thinking Brownsville was like the worst place in America, Like how crazy was Brownsville in the nineties, because it had to have been. Like I read some stuff that like like Fame and Billy Dans would be saying about like things that they used to do, and it just it seemed like a very And then when you would hear other people from Brooklyn talk about Brownsville, the way they would talk about Brownsville was like it was it was like crazy.
Speaker 1: Like you know, Brooklyn is considered one of the worst boroughs of New York City and the rest of Brooklyn don't.
Speaker 2: Come to Brownsville that right, That's that's how serious.
Speaker 1: And Brownsville is mostly composed of housing projects. Man, maybe I think like thirty three housing projects and we're not talking about you know, in all these other states, your housing projects are like two floors. Right in New York City, the it's just twenty floors, and you got twenty floors with ten buildings per project and a bunch of you know, wild people, you know, because it's poverty is a lot of poverty. So poverty is stacked on top of poverty. So it forces people to be the way they are in that environment because they don't have anything. So and you know, it's always about taking it. It's a Brooklyn waste, so not.
Speaker 2: Just taking it out there, that's about they taking it from each other, you know.
Speaker 1: But Brownsville is it's massive, man, Like I would have to credit Brownsville for everything I am today. Without that, I wouldn't be thirston Howell. If I would have grew up somewhere else, I wouldn't have.
Speaker 2: Been thirston Howell.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't have had that Brownsville training experience, you know, because to be solidified in Brownsville takes a lot of work, you know, coming up.
Speaker 2: So I love Brownsville.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say back then, like compared to now that like Brooklyn has changed so much, not Brownsville, I was gonna say, but there is like one area that really hasn't gotten hit because if you think of like Bushwick and like all these areas of Brooklyn that you go to now, and it's obviously gentrified a lot. You know, like a lot of people who can't afford to live in work in Manhattan, they go to Brooklyn or even Harlem. Harlem is definitely changing.
Speaker 2: A lot, you know what I mean, all them gentrified.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was gonna say for you, like, is it a good or a bad thing to kind of see Brooklyn kind of transform a bit and become more of a gentrified place because it is raising the housing prices. It's making it a lot harder for a lot of people to live.
Speaker 1: You know, it's evolution, man. You can't stop evolution, no matter what.
Speaker 2: What we want or what we feel.
Speaker 1: But you know, the sad part is that you know, they force South the less fortunate or the people who don't really have the means right, and you know, and they just making way for people from West bubble fuck to come in and just take over these neighborhoods where you know, as far as the older people that have been there their entire lives in their seventies and eighties, that really don't have another place. It's too late for them to relocate anywhere. That's the only.
Speaker 2: Sad part about it.
Speaker 1: But the evolution, Yeah, and they leave, they don't give a fuck. They you know, they leave a lot of people with no options. But evolution, you know, when shit changes, you have to know how to change with it.
Speaker 2: I always say evolve or dissolve.
Speaker 1: But you know, and but financially, being from places like that, a lot of people don't have the education, They don't have the opportunities the rest of the world have because they also blocked. You know, a lot of jobs will block you based off of your zip code. When you get this crazy fell out of application, you give them a Brownsville zip code, they looking at it up, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: But people still.
Speaker 1: Make it out of there and make it in there, you know, while they live in there. So it's not a hopeless place. It's actually rich, you know what I mean. Because I grew up in Brownsville in a project, right, And I look at my son, who grew up in a suburb.
Speaker 2: In a home someplace, And.
Speaker 1: When my son comes outside, he didn't have a single friend to play with. But when I came outside, in my less fortunate home in Brownsville, dysfunctional household, poverty, strict neighborhood. I had a thousand friends where I walked out b door, So the riches I received from being there, Like that's the part people don't understand. Your personality is molded. You're around all these different personalities and characters that you're able to absorb and learn from and mimic.
Speaker 2: And that's the richest of it, man.
Speaker 1: And everybody is so rich and talent, bravery, you know, resourceful because when you lack, that's when you have to be resourceful. And everything that was like even within my life, I learned to be more resourced.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say you were a part of like this golden age of underground hip hop. I call it. It's like the Raucous era, right, because you obviously were with Rockets for a sec.
Speaker 2: I only did a single with Raucus.
Speaker 3: But I'm saying first for a quick sec. But like I just think of that whole era of New York underground rap, right, because when we think of the term underground or backpack, it's really like to me, that pocket of like you know, there was la shit going on, like dilated people's and like a project blowed stuff like that, and then there was like in New York, there was most there was yourself, there was al A, the Rugged Man, there was all. There was just this whole movement going on, like for you like being a part of that movement, and like because nowadays, like I don't know if there's necessarily an underground anymore, because I think the Internet kind of just made everything so easily accessful to everybody, so there's just a bunch of niches. But like, did y'all kind of realize, like you guys are a part of this like really cool moment in hip hop history that I don't think has really been replicated in terms of just like that underground New York hip hop, say, thinking about the sound bombings and the tunnel and all this shit that was going on.
Speaker 1: I mean, I had no clue that that's what it was gonna be or what it actually was. All I knew is, you know, that movement represented the people that weren't allowed to be mainstream or had to follow the certain standards of commercial radio or what your label is and your A and rs and telling you this was the real raw artist, you know, I mean, the hungry motherfuckers that was just being resourceful however they can. But I literally did I know that it would turn into what it is today. Little did I know that I would even make it this far as an artist. You know, I could never have predicted that it would have been this.
Speaker 2: But you know, the.
Speaker 1: Underground shit, the backpack shit, it still exists because there's certain cities like LA, like Massachusetts, like New York where the underground still thrives heavy.
Speaker 3: I just mean in terms of like the newer artists, like I think that there's like still obviously like I think the closest thing we have to that it's kind of like we've seen with like guys like thirty eight, specially Griselda and kind of what they've been able to do in terms of like still selling vinyl and but it's still more accessible like Benny the Butcher's doing records with two chains.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think back in the day to think that like Talb and jay Z could do a song together was so far fetched because it felt like they were so far apart, even though they were never that far apart. But like from a fan's perspective, the commercial shit and the underground shit were so far apart, even though they weren't really you know what I mean, Like, but there was kind of like a segregation.
Speaker 1: Kind of because a lot of people, especially in the mainstream, they looked down on the underground, like it wasn't the thorough dudes or the street dudes were I'm a street dude, so I was doing underground music. It just was we were creative beyond anything, and some of the street dudes don't want to do that. So that's what separated. But I always said this as well, like when they were saying hip hop was dead, the underground was the life support keeping it alive for a long Sure, sure we was the motherfucking heartbeat of hip hop, you know, making sure that it was pure as far as the culture is concerned.
Speaker 3: Did you ever attend the Lyricist Lounge stuff back in the day.
Speaker 2: Of course, that's why I got started.
Speaker 3: What was that like? Because I just read I remember I bought the Lyricist Lounge double disc that came in the cardboard sleeve, and then there was the one that had the Oh No on it, which I think was two or three. But then there was the TV show which was way ahead of its time, right It was super ahead of its time because I think about how big wildin Out is. That was kind of like kind of the first inclination that but Lyricists Lounge originally was like was it a monthly event or how often were they doing lyricists lounges in New York?
Speaker 2: If varied, man, it could have been every week.
Speaker 3: What was that like though? And like, what were the other MC's that you know you were brushing shoulders with at Lyricist Lounge.
Speaker 1: It was full of hungry mcs that when you showed up you got a rhyme.
Speaker 2: Everybody's rhyming fucked the stage.
Speaker 1: We could be outside the cipher go on all night outside, it goes on in the bathroom. That's where niggas went to really shop in their shit and see what you was. You know, I met Danny Castro from the Lyricis Lounge. You had an ascap event where they were playing demos, and they played my demo and I remember when one of my songs came out, you know, the crowd went crazy in a fucking listening party. So he approached me to perform. I've never performed on stage ever in my life.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: So when Danny invited me. That was the first show I ever did. I went to a Lyvers's Lounge showcase. I performed along with Mass the fool you know, and shut it down for my first show ever. That fucking that should appeared in like twenty thirty magazines the photo that said what happened that night. But I also was a part of the TV show. When we were recording the Lyris's Lounge album, we would get into ciphers even in the studio, attacking each other in ron form, and that's how they got the idea for the TV show because we carried our conversations that way and they was like, hey, that shit is genius.
Speaker 2: You know it was myself Wordsworth.
Speaker 1: Wordsworth was a beast with as al skills was involved. So just the way we were interacting and they were filming, they got the ideas for the show and then you know the rest was history.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that show man. I feel like maybe five seven years too early, because I think like man Lyricists Lounge would have went crazy and like twoy twelve or something twenty ten. Like I just feel like because I when I watch because I watched Wilding Out, and I'm like, wilding Out is really like a like a like it's really like a battling show. Like you know, it's mixed with comedy, it's mixed with like, but it's like really like it's kind of dope because it's kind of the raw form of like punchlines.
Speaker 2: The Lyvers's Lounge Show was theatrical, super theatrical.
Speaker 1: There was a lot of makeup involved costumes and that's what I love.
Speaker 2: Hey, don't be surprised if you see another version.
Speaker 3: It was the Lyricis Lounge of the show. For people never saw it. It was kind of like if you mix Dave Chappelle and Wilding Out together. Yep, Chappelle showing Wilding Out together.
Speaker 2: You know, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: Some of our writers on The Levers's Lounge Show were actually the writers from in Living Color. Oh wow that we had behind the scenes man, so and it was tremendous fun doing that show because same thing. We go fucking film right all day and then we you know, we rented houses and lived together. When we get back home, motherfuckers is going at it all night, rom and like attacking you know, just ciphers.
Speaker 2: So it was a beautiful time. Man.
Speaker 3: You were super close with Juice, right jay Weiss.
Speaker 2: I just went to see Juice yesterday. I didn't even know he was in Callie.
Speaker 3: What's crazy is when I first got Napster, when the Napster wave happened, so my best friend's brothers and dilated people's So when I was a kid, I was around them a lot, like Roka and Evidence and those guys. But I saw Supernatural open up one of their shows and it fucking blew my mind. Crazy shit I ever saw as a twelve year old kid watching Supernatural spin around and turn into bust of rhymes and take people's IDs and fucking insane. But I remember like one of the first things I downloaded, I downloaded the Big l jay Z seven minute Freestyle on Napster, and then I downloaded the Juice Supernatural Battle whatever one I downloaded on Napster. Then I discovered Juice and I was like, Damn, this dude is fucking mean. Like it's crazy that there's like this pocketive like MC's that in the grand scheme of like where we consider like the greatest right just for whatever reason, don't get their flowers, like Juice is one of those guys.
Speaker 1: Well, those flowers are coming, man, because we all united right now to Supernatural me and we got a lot of things planning, man.
Speaker 2: So it's like I always seen EMC's.
Speaker 1: Like that with those level of skill sets as forever.
Speaker 2: They're the lifers, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe they don't have the promotions or the label deals, but they skill set, you know, keeps them relevant forever. Like I just brought Supernat out recent recently to do a show in Orlando.
Speaker 2: Orlando, never seen anything like that.
Speaker 3: If you've never seen him before and you see him, you're just.
Speaker 2: Like, never seen anything like that.
Speaker 1: I'm sure we and that's what I try to incorporate in like the functions and show you we bring out not the popular month the skilled, most skilled motherfuckers you can the mass.
Speaker 3: They could also just entertain you at a show like this is true. If you are watching Supernat do what he does, you are dialed in live, You're just like, what is happening?
Speaker 1: This is insane and it's crazy because they both my friends, right, They both people that I would stay at their house, they would come to Miles we Rhyn forever and then they battle, right, So everybody.
Speaker 2: Always asked me who's better?
Speaker 1: Who didn't I'm like, listen, they both of them are the greatest I've ever seen, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I think the one I had it felt like Juice won the battle that I had on CD.
Speaker 2: Everybody has a different, you know, perception, that's what.
Speaker 3: Because I didn't download that battle for Juice. I just down. I just searched up Supernatural Freestyle and hit download and I was like, who's this other guy? This is crazy?
Speaker 1: Like, well, my job is to have them together, so you see how dangerous they are alone, imagine together.
Speaker 3: Give me because obviously you were a part of the rap Olympics, right, which were, for people who don't know, very pivotal to a lot of people's careers. But I mean specifically, we always hear you know, Eminem is synonymous with the rap Olympics and his kind of a part of his story, and you were a part of his team when you did the rap Olympics, right, who'd you guys go against?
Speaker 1: I mean, I believe it was Project blowed out of La Yep. I believe they were the only ones that showed up. There was a long roster of teams that were supposed to be there from like every popular rap group that was out. Fuji's was supposed to have a team. There was you know, different representatives from crews. Yeah yeah, and nobody showed up. Everybody on my team was a master in freestyle and off the head, you know, Jews, Eminem, myself, Wordsworth, Quest, the mad lad like sit in the room with us and you fucking get blown. Even Craig g was out there hanging out with us, like staying with us and things like that.
Speaker 2: So but it was a big moment, man, I.
Speaker 3: Was gonna say, like for you, like, I just remember Eminem being a real backpack rapper. I guess back then if you knew about him, you knew about him. But he was definitively like an underground guy, like he was on sound Bombing two, he did an any Man record. He obviously bad versus Evil with him or bad Me, tivil Roi and Royce, and he was definitely like you know, shit, I wouldn't say no different, but like there was guys like him classified. There was guys like in that kind of like you know, the white boy rapper who could spit like crazy, and then it was just like a switch got flipped and it's the Doctor Dre switch of course, But like how crazy was that for you to kind of see a peer, just go from like, hey, I'm battling with this dude in the cipher and he's doing the MTV VMA's and he's an absolute superstar. And it's not like like Eminem was like a lyrical rapper, Like he was likely lyrical, miracle, spiritual dude. So like, you know, if you heard his records prior to him getting a dre you would never think like he was even capable of making crossover records.
Speaker 1: I always believed it because but his talent was just so crazy. Being around him, man, it's like I knew he was destined. I knew because his talent blew every one way. You know, we had a big mutual respect for what we both were able to do. Now, I knew at any moment something was going to happen, and he was really the actual factual truth.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I always me when when when I credit anyone or anybody in the industry, I base everything off skills first, you know what I mean. It's important for me and skills first. I don't care about nothing else. He had the skills to take it there, you know what I mean. So, but you know, I was around several artists, and I've seen them blow up. You know, I've seen most and quality. I've seen this that you know, as far as my peers are concerned, I've seen them take off. I've seen them take off. I've seen so many of us. And then all it did was give me hope. It showed me that it's possible to see the level that M got it.
Speaker 2: To him like I'm next, I'm coming.
Speaker 1: And even to this day, where I've never I've never had a situation, i've never had a record deal, I've never had any of that. But I always knew is that if I stay in it to win it, and I stay consistent, my day is gonna eventually come. And that's everybody's thing. As long as you put in the work, you will have eventually reached that motherfucking status that where even if I had to do it myself, and which I did.
Speaker 2: But this is not even the end. This, I feel like this is not even the beginning.
Speaker 3: Well, you got a new album with a hope like I'm sorry, feel me in on the producer's name.
Speaker 2: It's my tale guests, my dude mateo guests.
Speaker 3: All the albums.
Speaker 2: He did the entire production you know.
Speaker 1: Mateo Guess is from Framingham, Massachusetts. He been my close friend for you know, since he was a teenager. You know, I would hang out with him in the studio, him the entire Havoc house from out there.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I met him through my other good friend Jackson, so you know, we just Matero Guests was like, besides myself, man, he's probably the most dedicated person to hip hop I ever met, where nothing else matters but hip hop and him pursuing hip hop and being a producer and living his life according to hip hop. So I mean, he came into a situation where financial situation where he's like, Yo, we.
Speaker 2: Can do it.
Speaker 1: We can make an album right now, push it. And he gave me a call and we decided to work on an entire album. I've never done an entire album with anyone besides myself being the producer producing the entire album, you know, but like I said, he was my brother. I was happy to do it. We were already working for years. Besides that, he's always produced something on my projects. We've always hung out. We've always just been friends if that's all we had. But he produced this whole album. He definitely crushed it all the beats. You know, I actually got everything that I wanted. You know, we worked it slowly because I always wanted to make sure I had the right material. But at the end of the day, we had that polished, you know, finished product that was I was definitely like proud of.
Speaker 3: All right, you already know, man, we gotta stop the interview. Shout out to my bookie right now. If you go to my bookie and sign up. Man, I was just playing roulette like live with a real person, spinning the ball on webcam at the casino, my bookie dot Ag. You can, of course bet on baseball, but really you gotta get down with the casino. They got the slots, they got all the card games, blackjack, craps, roulette, table games galore. It's a full fledged casino, Bookie dot Ag. And when you sign up with that promo code Bootleg, sign up right now. Use that promo code Bootleg.
Speaker 2: They're gonna get you.
Speaker 3: Hooked up with a first deposit bonus, my bookie dot Ag. Let's get back to the interview now. If you guys don't know about King Pom, King Palm is all natural row baby, Yes, all right, we're talking about the leader when it comes to tobacco free, natural organic leaf wraps. If you're a smoker, a tote or a straight West coaster, you know what I'm saying. Whatever you're into King Pom's, they got it for you. What's great about these these are like one of the best products that they sell. Now, this is a turping infuseed tobacco free leaf. And what's dope is you stuff your flour into it and then you press on the thingy, you know what I'm saying, and then you got flavor. I'm gonna show you what it looks like when it's stuffed with some great tree from Harden of course. Ah, look at that right, get that thing stuffed up. The tip has got that flavor in it. Wherever you're at, man, make sure you check out the You know they got the smoke shops, they got those on lock. They got seven eleven's on lock. We're only smoking out of King Poms. Baby, you already know what it is. And if you go to kingpoms dot com, Kingpom dot com, Kingpom dot com and you use the promo code bootleg keV, you will save fifty percent off at checkout half off at checkout fifty percent off if you go to kingpom dot com and use that promo code. The promo code is down below. Go run it up. Try some of these flavors too, man, the peach, pineapple, the strawberry shortcake. They just got so much going on. There's also all kind of dope smoking accessories. You can get half off, y'all? What are we talking about? Save fifty percent off kingpom dot com promo code below. It's either bootleg or bootleg keV these promo codes. You got my head hurt. Try both of them, all right, one of them get you fifty percent. I've god damn it. Anyway, let's get back to the interview. I was gonna say for you to be a part of so many errors right where people will buy vinyl, people buy CD. And now we got the streaming era of music, TikTok era of music. It's a lot more different. Is it harder to keep adjusting when it's like it feels like everyone's attention spans getting shorter and shorter? I mean, you have a built in fan base like that's gonna support like no matter what. But how are you evolving with just the business that's evolving from day to day, you know.
Speaker 2: Evolve a dissolve. Like I said, I make sure I stay in tuned right.
Speaker 1: I'm not a trend follower, but I will follow what's needed to push what I'm doing. You know, I might not be into certain things or actually even enjoy them, but I know if they're necessarily yes, I'm going to apply along with them and do and evolve as times evolving. I'm not changing my styff for nobody and shit like that.
Speaker 3: When I mean, I don't think. I think it would be crazy for you to do that, because your fans, they.
Speaker 2: They expect that crazy shit, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: But I'm also, in my opinion, I'm one of the most versatile artists ever because I switched so many different lanes. You know, I go from Spanish, Spanglish, reggae. I do fucking nasty shit like two Live Crew. I do extremely creative. I do massive punchline songs. So you know, you can't really box me as an artist. I can do the commercial ship all day long, and I could give you the roars hip hop you could imagine.
Speaker 3: Yo, I'm not tripping. You had a record on did you have a record on one of the Grand Tift autos.
Speaker 2: Nah.
Speaker 3: No, okay, maybe I'm tripping you know what. I maybe I'm confused because you were on Game for a little bit. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I did a single with Game, the Polo Reeken that was shame.
Speaker 3: I remember they had they had some ship. They had the roy Ship that.
Speaker 1: They had the agalogic Corooky Monster, they had the Blase single.
Speaker 2: Shout out John Shukter two.
Speaker 3: Man shot Shaky green Man, Shacky Green is Everving the wild Guy. That dope store Vegas hip hopsite dot com, which was a fucking sick ass stores. Shout out to Piso.
Speaker 1: Pizo is the Man. I did a lot of stuff with Piso Man. I never even met him personally. I mean just super nice guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, but I just remember like when I was a kid, when I went to Vegas, my parents were like, what do you want to do? I was like, there's a store if you could take Wow holder.
Speaker 2: You man thirty six, Oh wow, that's what uthing. My kids are older than you man.
Speaker 3: Went and bought a big L I want to bought a big L T shirt from that store hip hopsite dot com. Damn.
Speaker 1: I even did promos for them like, you know, songs and commercies.
Speaker 2: To advertise the site. Man.
Speaker 1: But Pizzo was a good dude man, Like we did a lot of stuff together, you know, as far as pushing my albums and things like that.
Speaker 2: They definitely supported me.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, as you being like the og guy who could go boost a whole store rack right from a Dillards or from wherever. When you see, like what's happening, because it's really listen, it's everywhere but California. They're making it really busy. They're getting busy out here, like they won't even stop you. That cops ain't even gonna arrest you. Like it is kind of like just from your perspective, do you like look back and be like damn, Like if we was out in Cali in eighty nine, we'd be eating.
Speaker 1: Nah, we'd have got caught because we ain't had no cars back then.
Speaker 2: So we had the subway system, and you got.
Speaker 3: To grab racks and run right to the subway.
Speaker 1: Straight to the subway and hit the tracks. Not wait for the train. You gotta hit the tracks and run. And now you're in danger. You could trip. You got rats, you got bums, you got work bums. You got homeless people living down there, Like.
Speaker 3: So you hit the tracks and you're hoping to get to the next Now you're not hoping, you getting gott to get there. Motherfucking right, we making it to them, anybody ever not make it.
Speaker 1: Many times, like you know, a lot of rushes and stuff like that. It wouldn't just be one store. That shit would continue the entire day, whether you just casually boosting or whatever. So along the routes people get caught all day long, but it never stops anyone from going to the next spot.
Speaker 2: Shit. Even McDonald's was hit, like.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm just saying, like how many people at once would go in?
Speaker 1: It were very like it could be five sometimes and sometimes it could be fifty. It depends on where we're at and who's together, because we could just randomly be meeting up at a movie theater or something, and then a bunch of people show up out of nowhere, and then the talks start happening, the ideas thrown in the air, and motherfuckers are marching to stars after that.
Speaker 3: Crazy And I remember because I think of the artists who really embraced polo. Obviously, I think of you and I saw you say that Ray Kwan was kind of like an honorary low head, right.
Speaker 1: I mean we you know, we respect the whole wu man, and Ray Kwan is, like I said, we consider him one of us because he did it in the same style and fashion and all that. I even have Ray in my book and the Bury Meet with the Lawn, Yeah he has. He has a segment in my book where he speaks of all of that.
Speaker 3: I mean, he literally, like I can't even I don't know if Tommy Hill Figure would have been like Tommy Hill Figure. I really think when I think of Tommy Hill Figure, I think of Ray Kwan, Like you know, I think, like it's just crazy because like back then, were you kind of like were you like the polo plug for a lot of artists, Like if they needed some shit, would they just hit you?
Speaker 2: Nah? Nah? No, I was the one you scared the way your polo around. You know, you were the.
Speaker 3: Guy like, don't wear it around me because I might take that shit off you if I ain't seen that piece.
Speaker 2: Now, I was part of them dudes that taking it off your back. Let me get that. That's besides is that I was one of them dudes.
Speaker 3: How because because we always it's funny because we hear about that era, and it was it felt like a nineties thing where if you had Jordan's on or you had some gear on, Yo, run me the fit. I like that. I feel like that doesn't happen as much right like right now, it's more like, Yo, give me your watch, give me the jewelry. You know what I'm saying, give me your French bulldog.
Speaker 1: But back then it was also that like it was everything. It wasn't just the clothing. It's like, give me a chain, give me give me your girl.
Speaker 2: Wow, because low Life is so fly.
Speaker 1: When we're coming through your girls watching right, and possibly we're gonna take her too, She's gonna want to come with us. There's so many times when we're running deep, we had so many stragglers just follow us, and I mean women, people we don't know, because they would know what we were going to do and they would add on to the chaos and just jump in the mix out of nowhere.
Speaker 2: And that happened a lot.
Speaker 3: So at times you might be on the subway, fly, dude, you.
Speaker 2: Don't even gotta be fly.
Speaker 1: It could be a crackhead. Crackheads like in Tom Square with Jumping go On.
Speaker 3: I like those run me that hey fucking Obviously, years later Annie Up comes out right, which kind of like on a commercial level communicates to the rest of the world that you will get robbed for everything you have if you're come to Brownsville. How important, Like Annie Up is like the commercial Like obviously, MP had four Alarm Blaze, they had what's the their first album. I can't think of the name of their first album. I have it on CD. Hardcore hardcore? How about some hardcore? How about some hardcore? But like Annie Up was like a commercial worldwide Brownsville anthem, Like it really kind of like to me was like this is like, this is what we're about in Brownsville. Don't come over here and get caught slipping, you.
Speaker 1: Know, for us to even myself, I wasn't somebody robbing my people in Brownsville.
Speaker 2: We took that shit every place else, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: If anything, we protected a lot of people in Brownsville, protect where they live right and the people around it.
Speaker 2: But they also rob each other.
Speaker 1: But that's how you become built to withstand it, because once you go through it a couple of times and you learn how to hold it down and defend yourself, then you able to make that cease. That's how you earn your respect, and then from that point on people know not to bother you, not to bother your family because you're doing what you're supposed to do as far as survival. But do you know I'm modeled in Brownsville Man never Ran, Never Will.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, You've obviously had some experiences with Hope. It was another Brooklyn legend. What was your experiences coming up and being around jay Z.
Speaker 1: I mean, J's the goat to me. I agree, he's done today, he's the go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's the goat.
Speaker 1: He deserves all the accolades at this point, and I salute him properly. But you know, I've even always followed his music. You know, I admired his skills, his style, everything about it, the evolution yep, yep, and everything he's become. Right now, I stand proud to say, as Brooklyn Baby Hope is actually one of the people interested in doing the low life story. Like most, you know, the sitdowns we have had were based around doing this film or this series or whatever it's supposed to be. But I mean all my interactions with him were mostly me trying to battle him, like trying to pull him out to battle me and things like that. So I got to a point one day where instead of asking him, I just spit at him, so he had to respond.
Speaker 2: And you know, I.
Speaker 1: Could tell this story forever because you know, being who he is, not many people could say they actually would step the j in attempt to battle, you know, because I'm a monster with it.
Speaker 2: My punchlines are the truth and all of that.
Speaker 3: But do you recall what year that happened.
Speaker 2: Ninety six?
Speaker 3: Wow, So that's like reasonable Dow reasonable.
Speaker 1: Dot era when he had Rockefeller offices like downtown.
Speaker 2: So one day I was demo shopping.
Speaker 1: So when I made my first demo, I had my first five songs from a four track, you know, I had a bio with a head shot, and I probably had fifty packages in my truck that day, and I went to death Jam. I put one on everybody's desk. I went to the Sauce, I spit for the unsigned high they gave me the column and then I went to Rockefeller and with the day I went there to just to take my package. Jay Z was actually in the office and they called him out to come see me.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, he knew who I was and all that, because I also worked at MTV for years and.
Speaker 1: Most of the artists that would come to MTV to do whatever work, I would step to them to battle, and that's where I used to approach Jay most of the time. I even approached him at the Video Music Awards one time.
Speaker 3: Crazy, They're like, what's up?
Speaker 2: We're going battle?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 2: You know? I would do that constantly anytime I seen him.
Speaker 3: That's so crazy to think, well, how did first of all, how did that go? And he spit back?
Speaker 2: Oh nah? He would always be like, you're not ready.
Speaker 3: So you wrapped up? You spit at him?
Speaker 2: Not those times.
Speaker 1: Only the last time was I didn't ask him because every other time he just brushed me off and he's not trying to hear me. So I guess he didn't know what I possessed, so that last time he found out. Yeah, so he had to spit back because my rhyme also was something that was kind of going against everything he says. You know that it was against the drug wrapped the my rolex in lexus and texas.
Speaker 2: I don't want to hear.
Speaker 1: That either, you know, I was on it like that, but he definitely came back strong. You know, he definitely spit. He rolled the elevator with me down and we was on there getting busy.
Speaker 3: Do you do you remember any of your rhyme from that elevator.
Speaker 1: Right the rohms you were about to hear, nevertheless, of my own. This is for you, young and caees. Oh ma, how you've grown. You got bigger, better, strong, and much fast. I remember when you were smaller soul with a speech impediment, impediment and had asthma. You were comedian when you started doing stand up and when you come up with all these fucking stupid answers. The rhyms would be cute if you rote them on the pad that was pink. When themcs think they above the rim and make them realize they really below the sink before we.
Speaker 2: Battle check it out. I got these rules. You can't say nine time spine all that shit. Preschool.
Speaker 1: You could talk about coke deliveries that would never be here, shit like that. But I'm bugging that I actually remember that shit right now because it was also an a cappella that I put on that Brooklyn hall Rock sing who had one a cappella to go with it, and that was the acapella that I spit at Jay that day.
Speaker 3: Jesus, that's crazy man, shout out to ho. So we will be seeing the low life story in some form of fashion.
Speaker 1: You will be saying this on many forms because my you know, aspect, and my part of the story.
Speaker 2: Is only one camera angle. There's so many stories.
Speaker 1: There's so many low lifes that there's so many different stories involved in. So the story you're going to see is just from my perspective, but I'm sure there will be other perspectives coming into.
Speaker 3: Play at a point in time, how because I think, like I was here about the hip hop police back then, obviously late eighties, nineties, heavy mafia times in New York City. That's kind of like the peak of like when the mafia kind of started to end. I guess was the early nineties. Were you guys like looked at as like a criminal organization at a certain point in time ATYPD.
Speaker 2: Of course, so it was in the books.
Speaker 1: One of my good friends worked at a youth incarcerated center, right, and he sent me a card one time. He sent me a photo of a card that when you come into the juvenile system, you had to fill out this card and it asked you which gang are you a part of? And Low Life was one of the boxes of the options to check off.
Speaker 2: Man, who would.
Speaker 3: Actually fill that out? Honestly, Like, let's just admit to being in a gang on this.
Speaker 2: A juvenile youth wants it to be known.
Speaker 1: He wants that critics because when he walks into that, he wants people to know his gang affiliation with Pride, And you know I know that from being a dumb juvenile youth as well.
Speaker 3: So it's crazy.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: Well, I can't wait to see whatever comes out of the meeting.
Speaker 2: Many things are coming out.
Speaker 3: Is the album already out?
Speaker 1: Yeah, th Scillustrators on all digital platforms. I got features on there Me and Smooth the Hustler got a joint called Brownsville Legends. I got the rock Nance Monster and UG from Sellar Dwellers. We got a song called Lows and Cons basically telling the Low Life and Deceptor Con relationship. Because everybody always thought like we was against each other or you know, we was ops.
Speaker 2: But that wasn't in Brownsville. That wasn't the case.
Speaker 1: Maybe in other areas because in Brownsville we was all family Lowlights and deceptor Cons.
Speaker 2: We actually lived in.
Speaker 3: The same neighborhood of the Decepticons.
Speaker 1: You know, there was a bunch of dudes on the train beating people up with hammers, man like the fucking home tool hammers and robbing everybody for walkman's and but they would be on the subway system like hundreds of motherfuckers coming through.
Speaker 3: That's like what you always hear, like because when you because like I never lived in New York. I think the first time I went to New York was two thousand and thirteen, and you hear about this crazy crime wave that was happening, and then you hear that Giuliani cleaned it up.
Speaker 2: I guess cleaned it up and did it.
Speaker 3: Was it like a thing when he became mayor, you really noticed.
Speaker 1: The change was unexplainable. You know, he imposed the quality of life law. And remember New York City, you get on the subway with your liquor bottle, your bier bottle. Giuliani stopped at that helped cause niggas was on the train drunk wild. You know, there was all kind of shit going on in New York city, but he definitely cleaned it up. I believe it's back to being the dirty New York. It once was even Times Square that got cleaned up.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I was just a Time Square a while ago.
Speaker 1: And now it's back to the dude, the dirty Deuce days, you know.
Speaker 2: What I mean.
Speaker 1: There's all the scammer is out, laders is out, bootlegers, the three called Mally dude is back. Oh my god, the dude with the little balls, the cap dude.
Speaker 2: Yo. When I've seen that recently, I seen that, I'm like, the Deuce is back.
Speaker 3: I was in south By, Southwest and I did not know about this.
Speaker 2: You ain't know.
Speaker 3: And so We're in front of this liquor store in like twenty fourteen, fifteen some shit, and I'm watching this dude and I don't realize that the guy I'm watching to win is with them, you know. And I'm like, oh, this is this is easy, h Those motherfucker's are magicians.
Speaker 2: Not. It's also a scam.
Speaker 1: There's always a dude they're betting that they're allowing to win, and you think you could win as soon as you place the bet.
Speaker 3: I just tell everybody, if you're out and you see a guy with a little plate and he's got three soda caps and a little ballpaper. Don't play the game. You will fucking lose. When I was, and it's never and if you're gonna play, it's never the one you think it is. Pick any of the other two that you don't think it is.
Speaker 2: No, they make you think it's one. They do something right.
Speaker 1: When I was a little kid, around ten, I used to live with my uncle on one hundred and sixth Street in one hundred and sixteenth Street in Spanish hallm by Lexington Avenue, and I remember outside of my building the three car Mary dude used to be there every.
Speaker 2: Day and one day I'm watching them. I'm only ten, and.
Speaker 1: I noticed that the card that was the red card was kind of bent.
Speaker 2: So I'm thinking, as a ten year old kid.
Speaker 1: Yo, this guy don't realize that it's bent. That's the one. And I remember telling my aunt, yo, he don't know his car's bent, you know, give me twenty dollars a place yet, and she was like, no, that's what they do. So they actually bend the car and leave it bent for a while. As soon as you place the bet, they bend a different one. So you're gonna pick the wrong one every time.
Speaker 3: So they have got those guys with those three caps and that little ball. They took me for like seven hundred dollars south Southwest.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 3: I was hot. I was like, there's no way this is I was just seven hundred. These guys were banned. It was just yeah, and I just saw it just like there's it's like the casino, like these guys just there's something about the flick of the wrist or it's like they're magicians. Like literally, they're kind of you know, magicians are really.
Speaker 2: Good magic trick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a slid of handshit. It's kind of wild. Yeah. So you think New York is getting back to how it was when it was just terrible, because you keep hearing that the crime is is grown exponentially since the pandemic. Obviously, is Eric Adams the new mayor, Yeah, who was supposed to be more hip hop than hip hop mayor? Why I heard de Blasio kind of just has shit fucked up, you know.
Speaker 1: But you know, I think during the pandemic the crime rate increased, increased that two hundred percent, that's what they was advertising, two hundred percent.
Speaker 2: She was out of control.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you could survive that shit and move out and go someplace else, you dominate anywhere you go. New York is a fucking animal, man, If you could survive there, If you could survive there, like like, uh, it's true. Who said that, Old Blue Eyes? If you can make it there, you can make it anywhere.
Speaker 2: I believe if you.
Speaker 1: Could make it there, you could conquer anywhere because the mentality and aggression you get from being trained and raised in New York, especially if you were in that subway every day, packed crowded, million personalities from all different ethnic groups and shit like that. Yo, you get that, that's the best training you could ever have.
Speaker 3: Did you, guys ever back then? Because like I said, that's like peak Mafia, towards the end of the peak Mafia, did you ever have any run ins with I mean Brownsville and obviously it was not a mafia area, but obviously just being in New York would you ever have run ins with any of those guys or because that was I mean, I've just been doing such deep dives recently on YouTube with a lot of the New York shit and like damn, like they really had their hands in so much construction, and I mean Michael Francese was like had the gas thing going, and there was just it almost felt like if you were kind of a part of the underworld in some capacity, like you had to rub shoulders with with that lifestyle a little bit, even if it was inadvertently.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we did, man, and in several different instances in life, you know, from when I would ride my bike through like Howard Beach and Ozone Park from Brownsville, like going to far Rockaway, and I've been chased through those neighborhoods, like you know, on bike by a bunch of dudes, this mafia area. They try to run you over on the highway, you know, just to prevent you from coming through here. Even Michael Griffin, man who who actually got killed in Howard Beach, was a friend of mine.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: You know, so there were many situations man, that dealt with them. I also worked with a coalition that would you know, I guess they call it scape scaping, like construction sites for jobs and things like that. Where where when it was time to go to these construction site, these were the mob dudes. So you got a bunch of black dudes coming to try to get jobs from the mob dudes. And there was a arc ball from Brownsville where he had the company at the spot called Operation Future, which is also the a law school. And I believe his life was threatened and you know, they was attempting to kill him and all that because.
Speaker 3: They had so much to do with like the labor force and like unions and like the construction companies in general, like who's getting contracts.
Speaker 2: And for many years, maybe since the twenties and thirties.
Speaker 3: That right was really ended in the nineties, like early nineties. So it's yeah, I just always wondered, like, damn, like how crazy would it been to just like be in New York during those times? Like last question, give me the most legendary or intense cipher. They don't have to be the same cipher. They could be different ciphers that you've ever been a part of.
Speaker 1: Wow, damn, that's that's I can't even I've been in a million ciphers with a bunch of monsters, man, So everybody was like massive, you know, even ciphering with M, Like you know, me and M would cipher all M would come to Brownsville.
Speaker 3: EM and then would come to Brownsville.
Speaker 2: Eminem would come to Brownsville two three in the morning.
Speaker 1: Really, Paul Rosenberg come to Brownsville to my project, really and we ron even Paul Rosenberg would ryn that's how, that's how like inspiring me and M's like rhyme session was that other people were jumping because we only freestyle.
Speaker 2: We didn't really spit no written shit or nothing like that.
Speaker 3: So Eminem was coming to Brownsville. Now this is this can't be.
Speaker 1: It's in the nineties, like ninety seven, ninety eight, So this is when he this.
Speaker 3: Is right right around the time, like you know, he was doing like a wake up show and like doing this before.
Speaker 1: All of the four before we started hitting. Because once we were introduced, then we became friends and you know, we stayed involved with each other and even Paul became my lawyer at the time.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: So Eminem comes to Brownsville two or three in the morning, anybody give him any hell? Like, who's this the white boy for walking over here at two in the morning.
Speaker 1: If you coming to my house, ain't nobody bothering you? I know everybody here. So it's like and there's a lot of love there. It ain't as crazy as everybody thinks. Because the people love each other and they protect the area. So if you're coming in there, they know you're going to see someone, they make sure you all right.
Speaker 3: You know Eminem at Brownsville two in.
Speaker 1: The morning, Facts and Rome and his ass off all night. Man, It's like, couldn't stop.
Speaker 3: Wow. Anybody ever gets so offended in a sight for you or a part of not say it was from you that that that violence ensued.
Speaker 1: I don't think they wanted violence, but I was always disrespectful with strengths.
Speaker 3: Some of these battles or somebody will say something and then they'll get slapped.
Speaker 1: I mean, you say, my mother or my kids or whatever might get stab motherfucker. That's why in today's you know world about I can't do that because I'm disrespect I'm not with it, like I'm disrespectful, and i know it's being a battle, but I've never touched your mother's subjects.
Speaker 3: Or and like not to say that. I don't want to blanket the back because I'm not as in tune with the battle world as most people are that are into that. But I think it's less about the cleverness of the bar and more about the level of disrespect. Sometimes it feels that way.
Speaker 1: Because those are bars. A punchline is just a joke exactly. That's to be little you. So the more disrespect you you, disrespectful you are, the more you be little in the motherfucker. My whole thing was to belittle you and disrespect you. I even made people battle me, Like, if you're famous, you're not walking by me. I'm standing in front of you, like I'm gonna rob you and we're gonna battle.
Speaker 3: Okay. Besides, jay Z, give me an example of somebody that we would know that you did that with where you made them have to.
Speaker 1: Well, one person I battled, you know, Like I said, I worked at MTV.
Speaker 3: So everybody's walking in and out yet.
Speaker 2: And then out.
Speaker 1: So I worked at UH I think it was like ninety five. I worked that Fashionably Loud. It was like a big fashion show. It was almost as big as the VMAs.
Speaker 2: To where.
Speaker 1: We're working at the Hammerstein Ballroom and they, you know, I'm the guy on the walkie. They say, hey, we got so and so walking in. Somebody take him up. So it's like, hey, Coolio's coming in and he needs to come up in the elevator. I'm like, I got it copy, so now I get Now I get in the Coolio comes in with an entourage right list in peace Coolio America. My respect for him after that day, pro through the roof, Get on the elevator, close it up. You know, we on a freight elevator. He got about four or five dudes with him. You know, I'm a big dude too, So I'm standing there, what's.
Speaker 2: Up, Coolio? You want to battle?
Speaker 1: And then everybody looked and said what even even the dudes. He was always like, yo, this West Coast man. So I'm like, cool, but yo, Coolio just started spitting. And I knew he had skills beyond the the record the commercial hits he had because I did buy his albums, the WC and the Mad Circle. You know, when I was in prison, I used to buy everybody's stuff through the mail. And so he automatically got busy and we went at it for a little while, and you know, it was it was respectful, you know, respectful. We didn't it wasn't no disrespect, but he showed me that he was a real MC and he was really about this hip hop shit. And ever since that day, whenever I spoke with Coolio because most people in New York City, they weren't familiar with w C and the Mad Circle, so they only knew Coolio from the the Big Hits and all that. So when I spoke about him anytime in New York City, I let them know Coolios and real hip hop dude MC and Official you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And God rest is soul. I mean, Coolio was one of the most famous rappers on the planet for about three years straight. I mean, as a kid, you would just.
Speaker 1: You couldn't go over with I seen Coolio is about it, man. But I've also I've stepped everybody. Man, I stepped the rock him working at MTV.
Speaker 3: All right, listen, mam vacation. We're cutting commercials live from Mexico around the bleach, dammit. So check this out, man, don't forget it's summertime. You gotta go to blue Choo bluetoo dot Com from a code bootleg, all right, that's gonna get you a three month supply, same active ingredient as Biagrat and Cialis of course.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: The best part about Bluechoo is it gets you Jake super hard. What are we talking about all right. If you're dealing with the reciun dysfunction through the stress due to I don't know whatever is going on mentally, it happens too. You can get that ed fixed blue cheo promo code Bootleg three months supplied bluetoo dot com. Also want to shout out to the family at odd socks, Baby, that's right, shout out to odd socks. They got all kind of crazy new licenses. They just dropped land Transformers, they got the Hasbro licenses, now power Ranger socks. Of course, they just did the Coca Cola earlier this year. Of course, the most comfortable socks in the world go to odd socks Official dot com. Us that promo code boot leg at say twenty percent off odd Socksofficial dot com.
Speaker 1: And I remember he was coming into MTV building and I'm like, you'll rob us up you win a battle. So he was like, well, and we went to the side right, and then I spit my balls and he was like, yeah, that's nice, that's nice. So he didn't take it as a battle. He just told me my shit was good and all that, you know, And I wasn't you know, this is the god. I'm not being disrespectful in no form, but my approach. Member, I'm I'm a I'm a true New York hip hop culture do so. I'm a breakdancer who battled the whole Brownsville. I went to the rocks. He's just a battle like I never danced. Only dance I ever did was a breakdance. So and I only went to the clubs in those days to battle.
Speaker 3: That's so crazy to just think, like you're in the elevator, Hey, what's up, Coolio? You want to battle?
Speaker 2: Did that?
Speaker 3: Did you ever get yelled at by MTV for trying to battle everybody?
Speaker 2: Nah? Because I did it very discreetly and like if.
Speaker 3: My producer right here was like, hey, what's up, Thursty nice? Do you want to battle, I'd be like, what are you doing? You're embarrassing.
Speaker 2: No, I never did it. I never did it in front of you know, bro charge of shit. So no, I told you.
Speaker 1: I was just on another show this weekend. They asked me about my bust the battle because me and Buster went at it one night at the tunnel. I probably told this story fifty times. I'm at a red light. Buster pulls up besides me and shout out bust because you know, he just got the bigger war lifetime achievement.
Speaker 2: And I only tell the story because.
Speaker 1: He deserves everything he has right now who he is, and also because he's still that dude that's gonna get at you when it's time to fletch your shit.
Speaker 2: Right. So I'm at a red light. Buster pulls up beside me.
Speaker 1: You know, we're at the Tunnel Nightclub where you circle the block looking for parking.
Speaker 2: I guess they doing the same.
Speaker 1: So when he pulled up beside me, he's in the passenger seat. I'm in the driver's seat of my truck. And I looked at him, said, Buster, you want a battle, nigga? That nigga looked at me and said what I said, pull over, nigga. He said no, and he started splitting.
Speaker 2: And went at it. Yo.
Speaker 1: He was going so hard that the light churned green and everything. Now we got traffic backed up, all the horns.
Speaker 3: He gets a battle through the car windows.
Speaker 1: Through the car window. Then we pulled over and went at it for like an hour. You and Buster rhymes Me and Buster. I didn't even have a demo act outside of the tunnel. Outside the Tunnel Nightclub in New York City, like on Eleventh Avenue twenty. It was right when he began to promote the Wuha single.
Speaker 2: It hasn't dropped.
Speaker 3: Yet, first album buster.
Speaker 2: This is first single.
Speaker 1: Before the yep buzzy. Yeah, so this is that buster.
Speaker 2: But like I said, man, he he got busy.
Speaker 1: So these are the people that really lived that shit. That's why it's nothing for them. They don't feel disrespected because he's also built that way. That's what he comes from. I say the same about Coolio. And there was a lot of rappers that when, you know, because it got to the point I would go to the tunnel every week. I stopped going inside. I'm sitting outside with my truck. Everybody who walked up, I'm stepping to him. I remember Pudgy, the Fat Bass They walked up one day. You know, I'm like, you know, you gotta do this with me right now, Pudgy, we gotta get this in. And we moved off to the side. You know, we wrapped back and forth. But you know, he was focused on getting up in the club, you know. But there was how crazy was the tunnel?
Speaker 2: Oh man, you have to be a thug to go up in there.
Speaker 1: All pretty lady, because you know, I've been going to the tunnel since the eighties. The eighties was popping with the tunnel.
Speaker 3: Had I just think of people in like like puffy goose jackets, Timberland's and you know, fucking scullies.
Speaker 2: Some of that.
Speaker 1: But whatever the trends were at that time, a lot of jewelry, gold change, you know. And and the thing was it was full of like all the thugs from all the different projects and neighborhoods with all the pick.
Speaker 3: Up kids wait outside of the tunnel.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, matter of fact, like a couple of blocks away, there's a project near there.
Speaker 3: Those dudes were eating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because a lot not everybody had a Carter's in New York City, so you would have to drive.
Speaker 2: I mean you would take.
Speaker 1: The train and maybe walk the five or six blocks through their area. And they knew that that was these motherfuckerss robbing dudes all the time, you know.
Speaker 2: But there was also dudes that circled the block waiting for you.
Speaker 1: To come out Friday night, Saturday night. That was a Sunday night, Sunday nights at the tunnel.
Speaker 3: That's crazy. Shout out to the tunnel. I just the only thing I know about the Tunnel is it was a hell of a funk Flex and Big Cap album Rested Beast the Big CAP's Peace Cap. Well, listen, I appreciate you man. The new album's out right now.
Speaker 2: Skillustrated all digital platforms.
Speaker 1: Like I said, check the website Thirst and How the Third dot Com. Check my YouTube page, watch all my movies on my videos I'm on ig Facebook, Thirst and How the Third on everything, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And hopefully we get the story of the Low Life soon.
Speaker 2: Hope is here, Baby, It's coming. Hope is here. Hope is it live?
Speaker 3: I can't wait to see it. Nah, who would you cast? Play yourself?
Speaker 1: I got a couple of people in mind, I don't want to say yet, so that way I don't put them on points to where they're trying to figure out how much to hit me in the head for, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: But I got some good ones. You know.
Speaker 1: We've been pursued in this story for over twenty years, like myself and Mark Levin from Blowback Productions, and in the beginning in the early two thousands, I had chosen Rick Gonzalez to play me, you know, and he was the perfect, perfect Yeah. The only problem is now is that you know he's he's older and this is this is a young role, you know. Yeah, Rick is busy man, and he would have been to me. He's still perfect, but the role is for it begins as a sixteen year old kid.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I feel like you need somebody kind of like relatively unknown.
Speaker 1: And that's exactly what we're gone with Toro to change their yeah, career, That's exactly how we're thinking. Man, we want to give somebody that opportunities.
Speaker 3: And Snowfall like no, like now that dude is the hottest and that show put him in place. The Wire, the Wire, the wires. How many actors from the Wire can we say?
Speaker 2: But Idris is the one that actually.
Speaker 3: It put him on. I'm saying, Damnson, Idris is a different guy than yourselbo. Okay, Damnsonatri is the young kid from the UK that played Franklin Saint in Snowfalls. Elba the Wire Stringer Bell changed his life and Michael K. Williams life. So many actors, I mean, I can't.
Speaker 2: I mean, Jesus, that's what we're hoping to do. Man.
Speaker 1: We want to break round. I want I want to Puerto Rican actor to play me. I want to give that.
Speaker 3: The that era of New York's version of the Wire because it needs that.
Speaker 1: That's where we're going with it. Maybe because there's so many stories within the story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's so many different you know, there's.
Speaker 1: So many moving parts in it, and there's so many sides, so you know it's gonna go to so many different angles.
Speaker 2: Man Like. Even what we have prepared already is like, wow.
Speaker 3: You know, well, Ship, I can't wait to see it. We appreciate you coming through already. Third Support. What's the website?
Speaker 2: Thirston?
Speaker 1: How the third dot com shout out all the low life family all over the world, you know what I mean, the U l L, the All reup PC, the Orlando Low Zone, the Miami Family, Low Life, Mexico Low Life, Paris Low Life.
Speaker 3: Well, well, canna ask you one more thing regarding Polo. Okay, I obviously was hip to you guys, but I didn't start buying Polo until I was sixteen and I got a part time job at Macy's and I was having my mom come in and I would only ring her up for like one out of ten items. I was stealing for sure, And the reason why I wanted to start wearing polo is because of Kanye, Wow, because I was a hugea fan. How how for you guys to be like the og polo guys and to see Kanye put polo on on a commercial level like a whole other le Like when he came out, he was polo the fuck out. You know what I'm saying, How did you guys feel about that? And like, how did you guys? Kind of because he got a lot of credit for the polo putting polo on a hip hop even though you guys were with the pioneers.
Speaker 1: I mean, some low lifes were offended. I even think they took shots at them and things like that. But I saw it for what exactly it was. He was just opening the doors for us. You know, yeah, he got it, but then when he did it, it really focused on us in our backstory. I think in hip hop, I'm the first one to really exploit the polo on the cover, even before Kanye came out, you know, the Brooklyn hard Rock and then my first album, the Skillion there showed like all the polo coming out of my closet, vomiting.
Speaker 2: Type of staff. So you know, but me personally.
Speaker 1: Man, I'm never mad at anything because I know where I stand, I know where I sit, and I know where I'm going with it, and all those little things actually help us, like including the fifty cent show, the raising kaning they have a low life character within the show, and.
Speaker 2: So many people were upset and saying this and that. Oh they said, I'm like yo, they they making it easier for us now.
Speaker 1: You know, to push our show or to picture because they're showing that this.
Speaker 3: Exists and it was important.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I credit fifty and I gotta say thank you fifty.
Speaker 2: You know, did Kanye.
Speaker 3: Ever reach out to you or shout you guys out at all?
Speaker 1: I mean, I think he responded to one of the things that was yeah, like you know, he had that song where he said, oh, you're trying to say I'm not a low hand. That was I believe in response to what other low LIFs were saying. But you know, much success to Kanye, which he already attained, and much respect to him, man, because he.
Speaker 3: Keep saying, last question, what's the most expensive polo item that you've either the one I wear every day, No, but you have to have had that? Is there like a fucking polo you know, Rose Royce or something I don't know, Like, what's the craziest polo item you've ever owned?
Speaker 1: I mean, I would say the stuff that I create myself, Like if it's something Ralph doesn't make, I would take things apart and create my own.
Speaker 2: Like you know how we would do the silks.
Speaker 1: We would get three different giant silks and make it into a shirt that doesn't exist on his market, and they would actually sell for thousands. Like the value on the shirt is really after I take it off. Now, this shirt is valuable. So now I could sell that motherfucker for whatever.
Speaker 3: That's crazy, man, boy, I appreciate you coming, dude, Thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Man, I'll be back many times.
Speaker 1: Now. We'll be out here in Cali a lot.
Speaker 3: Working on a smash, working on everything.
Speaker 1: Way more than music, is way more than TV, you know, multimedia. Man, So there it is every angle man I'm trying to cover.
Speaker 3: Man, we appreciate you pulling up.
Speaker 2: It's the coach, sir. I'm for the coach all the way.
Speaker 3: Hey, appreciate y'all watching another interview brought to you by our good folks at Hard Dean. Now listen, y'all when you're in Las Vegas, you get in that fucking uber, you land at the airport, hit that taxi, tell them to take you to hard Dean, the number one premium cannabis dispensary in the fucking world. Y'all, I'm telling you. You walk in, they treat you like a king or a queen or whatever you're into. All right, they got the craziest selection to premium cannabish you'll see period anywhere. Let alone in Las Vegas, but just anywhere, all right. Not only can you go get the best tree, you will get the best experience, the best customer service, the best bud tenders. You walk into hard Dean and that shit just smells amazing. They got their own fucking scent. Literally, you get into my car, I got a bottle of it. My car smells like Hardan because it's just the best fucking place. Go follow them online. Hardan Underscore Las Vegas. Hardan Underscore Las Vegas. Go to their website Hardeanlas Vegas dot com. All right, when you go, you're in Vegas, you pull up, tell them I sent you. They're gonna take care of you the right way, all right. Look, they got these things in there. Man. These Moon Rock pre rolls that I just had that just absolutely melted my face off. Shout out to Hard Dean, all right, you gotta go fuck with Hard Dean, man, Hard Dean Underscore Los Vegas. Thank y'all, man. I love these guys. They're like family to us. And eight we're gonna drop another interview soon. If you're watching this, you're at the end of the interview though, much love,