Speaker 1: Dylan Brooks talked all that trashic KD. He just immediately get his ankle. Brokens take a look at the slim guys.
Speaker 2: But he kick hold on. Did y'all see how when he caught the ball, he looked left like he was going toward the pick and he rejected real quick. Hell, Dylan Brooks didn't know what the hell was going on. That man stumbled twice, he touched earth twice, and he just calmly knocked down the MIDI hey man, better watch you talking to sometimes. Yeah, hey, slim, slim reaper, he ain't playing no games out there. I like to see what dudes do, but I like to see when dudes talk stuff. I like watching Dylan Brooks play in his anti him being emotional. But hey man, sometimes they don't do nothing but turn some guys up. Bro It turned some cats up. Man to the point, Yeah, after the game, KD said that, you know, Dylan Brooks ain't got no effect on his game. That's a lie, that man. He he made you going in that bag. You know, somebody go to talking to you to make you pull out what you got.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, And the funny thing about it, Dylan Brooks, he can go with everybody, especially the better players. When he's competing against you know, the Kds and the Lebron's, he gonnatagonize. You're gonna get in your ear a little bit, try to throw your rocker.
Speaker 1: But but them great players, they don't. They don't bother that don't bother them that might bother lesser tier players. You don't play at that level. You think Dylan Brooks is the first guy that tried to get I mean, think about Lebron. He had, how he had to deal with a blowing all in his ear, doing all the foolishness. Yeah, these guys used to it. Cameras called kt said, my worst season is better than your best season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, it's some truth in that.
Speaker 3: Hey, it's it's levels everything, Joe. But when you at that competing and you're a talker, Dylan Brooks has always been none of that. You always been one that gonna intakeing as you You're gonna get this work. I don't care what your seasons look like, whether it's better than my what's better than my best or not. I'm gonna talk this ship.
Speaker 2: I think that I think that they got by them getting traded for one another pretty much. I think that's kind of you know, it may be a little something there. Yeah, a little bad blood joke.
Speaker 1: Boy, you trade folk, Dylan brook Kevin the Ring. As much as you talk, you ain't bothered him. The line with did Joe Jo you know who to bother? Hey, dB Q, I'm talking talking to you, I'm talking to him. I'm talking with safety.
Speaker 2: You talk to man. Look, I love it, you know.
Speaker 1: That's that's what Dylan Brooks is doing is more to get him going, himself going than that impact. Because when you're dealing with those level of guys, it ain't got nothing.
Speaker 2: To do with the right. But if they if they end up, if they end up meeting the playoffs, it's gonna be some smoke. It's gonna be some smoke, trust me.
Speaker 1: Just ur the year after tearing his right Achilles Tenant in Madison Square, Guard and Jason Tatum will make his return Thursday when he and the Celtics takes on the next Tatum said he's not exactly looking forward to it. Tatum said, I mean, yeah, I thought about it. I'm not like thrilled to go back to and play there. The last time I played there, obviously it was traumatic experience for me. Obviously, I knew at some point I would have to get over that hurdle and play there again. So it's going to have to be this Thursday. But it's not like I'm thrilled about it, but it's part of it. I've decided to come back and play, so I'm not necessarily skipping certain games. I can't play back to backs right now now, but I decided to come back and play, so it's just another game on the schedule, Joe, are you concerned about those.
Speaker 2: Type of comments?
Speaker 1: Normally guys like Man, I was a little jittery to go back out there the first game back because I am coming back with many thought I was gonna miss.
Speaker 2: This regular season.
Speaker 1: But he's like, he's not looking as a specific place Normally, guys, is not the specific place. It's like the first game now, the first game was back then his first game back, Joe, Right, but now you've been playing two three weeks, and so.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get you. I don't think I think he gonna be all right. Man, He's been playing great basketball since he's been back, especially over the past what maybe five or six games or so. But yes, it's natural if you had an injury somewhere and you get back in that environment or in that same place, that he's gonna think about it, uncan ojo you know what I mean, playing in Magic Square guarding thinking like damn, last time I was here. You know it's right here in this particular spot while I was laying at when I tore my achilles. It's gonna be in the back of his mind. But I think he's gonna be just fine. I think he's gonna be just fine. He looks great from from his movement and how he's been playing. He's been shooting the three ball better, getting to the rack. I don't think. I don't think. I think it'd be all right. Yeah, I think.
Speaker 3: I ain't never been injured, so it's hard for me to say what he would be thinking about. Obviously, if you had an injury and you're going back to the place what the injury actually happened, I think it's in the back of your mind. But being a competitor, you really can't let it, really can't let it get in the way. Are you actually playing a performing at the highest level. Obviously want to go out there and do what you do, So I'm i don't know, Joe, Joe, Joe, you that y'all be better to kind of kind of assessed that now.
Speaker 1: That he's talking about it, I was like, and it never dawned on me. Oh, Joe nine, I broke my collar bone in Oakland. The next time I played in Oakland, I went ninety six yards down in the middle of the field score a touchdown against the two thousand for the Ravens.
Speaker 2: That was my first time back there. It didn't dawn on me until now. Yeah, okay, okay, it didn't even dawn on me that.
Speaker 1: Like, man, this is where I broke my collar bone last time I was here. It didn't cross my mind until we started to like he started, like, I tore my achilles in Madison Square Garden and I'm coming back, Like I said, now, maybe it would have been at the forefront of my mind if my first game back would have been at Oakland, But because so much time has passed had passed, I'm just happy to going back to Oakland. Hey, I look, and I agree with you, Joe. I think the matter of fact that he's been there for three weeks and he's gotten better and better and better and better. I don't I don't think he has anything. I don't me personally, I don't think he has anything to worry about it. I think that that tendon is as strong as.
Speaker 2: It's But I do think, you know, considering that that that that the Celtics are playing the Knicks, that's gonna be a physical, physical game. Okay, Ojoe, you know it's gonna be a playoff game. See them big wings that they got. That's why that's why the Knicks went out and got O GI. That's why the Knicks went out and got bridges because of what to play against Tatum and Brown. So it's probably it's probably gonna be probably one of the most physical games he's gonna play since his return. If we just keeping in one hundred, I mean, because it ain't but a couple of games left. Everybody's still kind of jocking for position, you know what I mean. So it's gonna be it's gonna be pretty intense.
Speaker 1: It is, And man, when you think about it, Joe, I didn't realize until like seeing like Jason Tatum's dead.
Speaker 2: Jason Tatum was tall man here, I was thinking all this dayn time he likes say, nah that BOTHO six. That's the advantage. And that's the advantage that they have because you can play Tatum at the four and have have one have you a five out there. Obviously when they had Porzingis and I Horford, you know they will playing met the court and play one of those guys at the five. But they gotta I don't say, I want to say, a totally different team, but they got different type of bigs. Now. You know, obviously they got Vos. You can shoot the three, he could spread the floor. But uh, the other kid that I can't what's the name. I like him? Defender, rebound, the rim, runner, lob threat, gonna play hard, and that's what they've been missing. That's what the that's what the Celtics been missing. It's gonna be a good game tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gonna be It's gonna be tough because you know what, and you can't take anything away, you know, out of the matchup. Because I think the Celtics beat the Knicks during the regular season last year and damn the or.
Speaker 2: The Nick Damn yeah they did. They ain't had nothing a big body Brunson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he ain't have no answer, no matter how think about it, no matter how big of a lead they had.
Speaker 2: Nick was just just methodically just track him down. Because even the game Tatum got hurt. I thought he was playing great, but hell, they were still unbelievable. They were losing when he when he got hurt.
Speaker 1: After the Lakers lost last night, JJ Reddick crawled out their entire team on Ruy. He wasn't doing his job to last out he didn't say on vand it was a confluence of things he did wrong. Damn o Ayton, he can't catch the ball, Reddick also saying also got into the on the sideline with Vando ready called time out just sixteen seconds into the second quarter to sub Vando out for the game, telling Dunk connect the check in in his place. Vando walked over and uh and let him hear it, Joe, are the cracks starting to show.
Speaker 2: With the last Well, I don't want to say the cracks are starting to show. Man. You gotta look at it from this standpoint. I mean, you got two of your best players out, you know who who makes the game easier for everybody else. Now, if those guys are out and you putting van do and these guys and advantageous situations to where now they gotta do. They gotta do stuff offensively that they're not accustomed to doing, or you know, basically playing both fans of the court like, yeah, it's gonna be some mishaps. It's gonna be some you know, some grunts, some players disgrunted because of you know, there's not there's there's not many opportunity. Man. These ain't guys who just throw the ball to and they can go get your bucket. They played great off of your great players, you know what I mean. So now that Luca and Aar is out, I mean, hell, brun didn't play. Damn what ooe? What what you want?
Speaker 1: What y'all want us to do? What y'all want me to do? That's what vandals said. Hello, no Ron, no Ar, no Luca. And then you hadn't played darnk connect since Hamma was And now all of a sudden, you go sixteen seconds.
Speaker 2: I just got in and we played. I read on the court and we're playing against okay, see, the best team in the damn league. They just beat us by fifty the other day. Hey, and now they came back and got us about thirty seven.
Speaker 3: Go ahead on you, I said, coach, Coach got to know, man, you got to know I understand, oh know your personal joke, but you know your you two artists.
Speaker 2: He can't artist because he got the worst hands I've ever seen. You know what. I noticed that too, man, because I'm like, he do be missing a lot of you know them look. Yeah, but man, you I mean that's I don't think that was a well I think for for for JJ, it was a situation to where he could make a point, you know what I mean, Like I'm gonna put my foot down, We're gonna get our ass kicked the night. But I'm gonna chew off of these dudes ass tonight.
Speaker 1: But that just goes to show you look how those guys look. Look how those guys look. Okay, see look when Shay and Jayalen Williams weren't playing, Look how they look.
Speaker 2: Not Look how.
Speaker 1: Lakers players look when they big guns don't play. Look at other teams when their big guns don't play, how they look?
Speaker 2: Well, damn and y'all talk about the Lakers. Ooh, the Lakers loaded with what.
Speaker 1: With?
Speaker 2: What with what they got that? How many? How many?
Speaker 1: Joe, be honest, how many quality minutes are those guys getting up there?
Speaker 2: On other continuing teams. None, I mean you, I mean for the Lakers, you just got too many key guys out. I mean, look Marcus Smart out with Luca bron and a. I mean, damn, what you expect it? I just I just expect Joe, if I throw you the ball, you to kick it. That's all I want you to do. And don't let it. Don't let it go out of bound.
Speaker 1: The man said it was a confluence of things that he did wrong with damn. Other than other than having Jersey took then and chuck it in the game, that was the only thing he's evenly did right that?
Speaker 2: What that? What with them? You playing and arguably playing against the best defensive team in the league. Man, these dudes, ain't they stingy? They ain't giving them nothing? Okay, see no matter who heard.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, I can understand that. But here's the thing, Joe, like you said, you was in the right spot. Even I'm gonna be where I'm supposed to be, So we cut the tape on.
Speaker 2: I'm where I'm supposed to be. So I'm I.
Speaker 1: Can't let who we playing dictate how I play, O choke, I'm gonna be where I'm supposed to be. I'm gonna do what I'm supposed to do. It's seemingly that I could be wrong, could be totally our base. But JJ wasn't pleased JJ like because the one thing about the little while that I did work with him, he's a very very serious guy and he ain't got no problem. He gonna tell you now that is what happened. No, he's very meticulous with notes. I mean, he come out there and he knows like he should have he should have been a lawyer, because there's notes are immactively rot like. Yes, yes, he's like he's right to dissertation.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, damn.
Speaker 1: My my, my, my nose don't look nothing like this. Hell my nose. Probably only I can read it. Ye, somebody get his nose. They're gonna be able to read everything because it's so I.
Speaker 2: Mean, to the to the t.
Speaker 1: Pay Yeah, yeah, he got notes like that. So I'm uh uh, I'm just concerned about sometimes, like a said, the coach said, like a coach told me one time, say, sometimes I got a lot to them. Sometimes I got to tell them they're good when you're not. Sometimes I got to tell them they do it a good job.
Speaker 2: When they're not. Hey, listen, I mean think think, think about it, though, think about it. I think I think with the Lakers getting embarrassed last night at home, Fellas, I think that's really what said JJ offf you know you're making, you're making, you know, put brush that under the rug on the road. But when you at home in front of those Lakers, that Laker crowd, Yeah, yeah, you got to, regardless of who, just play hard. Just play hard, Joe, Joe, they quit, Joe, you do your hold on.
Speaker 1: At one point in time, the score was forty three, it was forty two, forty two. I look back up the score, sixty three forty seven, say I'm about right, no, sixty yeah, like sixty nine forty seven. But then why I think they went on like a twenty They went on like a twenty three, a twenty five five or twenty seven five run. Yeah, the score was forty two forty two, and then they go on the twenty seven.
Speaker 2: They go on like a twenty five five or twenty seven five. Man, But listen, Lakers depleted the OKC Thunder. They're healthy, they're fully healthy, that they ready for the postseason. Okay, oh Joe, they ain't playing no games.
Speaker 1: Joe, Can I just get you to play hard? Can I get you to be where you're supposed to be? If I throw you the ball, catch it, even if you missed the shot. But Joe, if I throw you the ball and goes out of bounds, we then what I'm supposed to do if you're not where you're supposed to be. On defense, if we got if we if we call them for a pick at the top, what bro Why I gotta keep go set the pin?
Speaker 2: Why I gotta keep doing that? Because why I gotta keep saying, get over it? Get over them?
Speaker 3: Light's bright over there in l A Joe and playing.
Speaker 2: They've been in the NBA. Wild has been in the league.
Speaker 3: They've been in the NBA for a while. He ain't been at in the Lakers under them type of lights and that type of pressure for a while. It's a difference your big guns out, your big gun not playing.
Speaker 1: Ruy has been in those situations. Ruy was on the team that went to the Western Garference Finals against Denver. Ruy was in the situation when they played, when they was on the road, and he hit big shot after big shot.
Speaker 2: Joe.
Speaker 1: You remember, he's in the big shot at the big against Memphis. He in a r damn near single hand leading them that game because hey, Lebron like, nope, keep he kept leaving, kept feeding him, and then Lebron got him, got him back when they got back to uh, got back to l a Bron.
Speaker 2: So y'all, y'all done, y'all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's over. It's over for y'all. And he had that that monster game the last game. But I think that's why I couldn't go.
Speaker 2: That's because that's because they expected they was expecting too much from aident last night. Just keep it one hundred. I mean.
Speaker 1: From a from a number one overall draft pick that's seven foot tall, that's in a contract year.
Speaker 2: I'm expecting too much. Yeah, because the guys who he typically play off of, Hell, they ain't out here tonight. I ain't like Aiden can get the rebound and bring it up like a point. He got the you know what I mean, Like, but I gave it the ball, Joe, he gave it back to him. But that's what I'm saying. I'm saying he been playing like this, Uncles. What I'm saying, I'm saying, but the fact that you've had aar Luke and bron out there. Hell, that shit go by the wayside. But now to day out there, now it's very glaring because.
Speaker 1: It's magnified if Yeah, everything gets magnified when those guys are not there to come up.
Speaker 2: So so so now yeah, you gonna use him as a scapegoat. Yeah he said he's sick of aging stuff. Yeah, yeah, he's a a can't kiss the ball. And that's how it is sometimes.
Speaker 1: I mean, you got been playing like poop, but you had guys to pick the poop up there. You go up now where there's nobody there to pick it up, a covered up You're like, well, damn, everybody just gonna let the dog just go out here because I be walking, I'm like, bro, it makes me mad. The guy hold on, You pick the poop up, put it in the bag, and then throw the bag on the ground. You should have just left it down there. I mean, how so, Joe, how sorry do you chat? How sorry do you have to be? You pick up behind your dog and then instead of carrying it and put it in the trash can at your home, you throw the bag on the ground.
Speaker 2: With the poop in it. Hey, that's why I walk my dog at night. I don't take that dunk. We gonna let you know, let it go.
Speaker 1: Come hold Joe, Joe, see Joe, get some bag the pick it though, Come on, Joe, don't be that guy.
Speaker 2: Hey, oh my goodness, Hey, that's why I walk my dog at night.
Speaker 3: Oh Joe, Hey, oh you don't pick up. You don't pick up.
Speaker 2: I ain't got no bag or nothing. Man, we just got there.
Speaker 1: Get the bag, yo, Joe, Come on, John, that man be dropping some loads.
Speaker 2: You know, the master.
Speaker 1: I've had two. I've had two bull masters. I got a borble, I got a Makita. Yes, I got the giant size bag and some of Sometimes it been like like like a damn queen tone said, brother, get up. You know, if you know, for a dog to go in front of you, that means he trust you, because that's vulnerable. That's why that's why looking at you, people like, well, why the dog looking at me? Because he's like, okay, you got me right, because you know I'm It's just like if you were on the toilet, somebody could beat why you locked the door. You don't want somebody to run down on your Joe, Hey, just let me put my clothes.
Speaker 2: And don't let it be running too, bro, I'm damn sure picking it up. I'm sorry. Yeah, Hey, hey.
Speaker 1: Hey, I remember my brother, my grandma, I beat my brother. Had my brother did something. My brother had no shirt on. But Gretty, Gretty, you gonna beat.
Speaker 2: Me like this?
Speaker 1: You damn right shut down on it. He thought he was gonna put it. He thought he gretty gonna let Hi put that T shirt on. And you know, by Greddy had to tell him. Yeah, I had to shut down on that boy.
Speaker 2: Ass bor.
Speaker 1: My grandma was a snitch, That's why I got it from guy. My grandma tell it. Yeah, but but JJ told the truth. Max Tellerman says that he would rather have Cooper Flag over lu Luka Donge coming into the NBA. I would rather have Cooper Flag over Luca. I like his style of play. I like Luca is a better playmaker, but Luca is a defender. Cooper is excellent. Cooper Flag is one of these actual that can defend one through five level players. He's an athletic and he has a style of light which can lead to winning in the championship. He can be the best player on the championship team. I would say he's the best teenager since Lebron. Well that's not really, that's not really going.
Speaker 2: Out on the win because his numbers, his numbers is better his rookie year than Lebron's. But I mean, I don't get me wrong, I'm a Cooper Flag fan. I like him. I like everything about him. He's been thrust into a situation. But man, do y'all, I don't know a lot of people don't remember when Luca first came into the league. Bro, he probably was about twenty pounds, slimmer, you know what I mean. He used to go through that lane and dump that ball. You know what I mean. He a hell of a shooter, hell of a scorer. Obviously, he understands angles. He has a high IQ for the game. But you can't take you can't take that for granted. Man, he ain't like he's six two sixty three out here. Now, let me ask you a question.
Speaker 1: If I take Flag and I take and I take Cooper Flag and I put him on that Dallas team and I removed Luca, can he do what Luca did with doing to the clip? Now now with with Kawhi PG and all those defenders, see, I think some people, you lose sight of just how great Luca is.
Speaker 2: And I get it, he's not. He's not the and most of.
Speaker 1: The time, guys because I think when we get guys that can score a bunch of points, you get a guy like a Kobe, you get Jordan, you get Lebron, this average twenty seven to twenty eight, and you're like, man, look at them locking down on both ends more times than not.
Speaker 2: Guy that can score a lot of points. Didn't play great defense.
Speaker 1: Right, It takes too much out of you to Okay, I'm gonna go give you this work on one end all of a sudden, I'm gonna sit in the chair and try to do what I do for thirty thirty six to forty minutes.
Speaker 2: Now, he wasn't that. He wasn't known for being a defensive player coming up, Luca coming into the league, like he never was known to be a stop. What European player is long for defense? There you go.
Speaker 1: They might block some shots ak ak forty seven. There colinco with blocks from shots. But he was sitting on the Chare I mean to sit in that chair? You tell him you take it for granted, But look, I'm not saying Cooper flag. Like I said, I saw Cooper flag and I saw him coming out of Maine. But what I was impressed was when I saw them Joker scrimmage against the men's national team that was taking their ass to Paris and try to get that gold medal, and what he was doing to those guys, I said, Oh, yeah, he didn't have no problem. Yeah, that's that's that's twelve or Fife. How a minute players we sent over there. That's what we that's our best we got. He's a judgment, that's bam, that's bam. That ad and he.
Speaker 2: Give me some work. Yeah, he's a Oh yeah he adjusted well, he probably he got off to a rocky start to start his rookie year. But you talking about the second half of this season. Yeah, he's picked it up tremendously. Yeah he's been everything. He's been everything they imagine. Yeah, yeah, more. But he had to grow up fast because, like you said, he tired of losing. Man. I ain't lose. No, I ain't losing high school.
Speaker 1: I ain't losing but a halfful of games in college and hero, I'd have lost more games on the day a week than I lost my whole college career.
Speaker 2: Man, losing suck.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: The NBA different, Bro, it's a realcit.
Speaker 1: And you can think about it. Even you can win. Think about this, I mean, going sixty two and twenty twenty damn games, these guys, some of these guys lose more games than in the NBA season.
Speaker 2: Then they lost all the high school and all the time. Yeah, and you don't know how God gonna be able to deal with that, Ojo. You know what I mean That that losing can break you, Bro, It'll make you. It'll make you lose sight of where you're at, how you got to where you at, you know what I mean. Like, imagine imagine being on a team bron y'all only win eight nine games out of eighty two. Man, You're gonna you might lose a little bit of your swag, you know what I mean. I'm gonna tell you. I know, I always bring this up talking about when I first came here to Atlanta, one one, twenty nine games. Man, it's hard to enjoy outside the outside of basketball. You can't. You don't want to go nowhere. You don't want to see nobody. No, you don't want to hang out, you know what I mean? That's that's yeah, actually, because guess what. Guess what happened when they see you. Hell, if you was home, that's where y'all wear more games. Yass was not in the club, That's what you get. I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't go out that much. I mean, we would lose it. Like, that's why y'all lose it. Hell, I'm like, what damn man, Hey, we ain't supposed to have no life.
Speaker 2: I said, you know what I say. You know what, You're right. Let me stay by living. We lose black asshole, let me take bad. We'll lose it right right, I swear, boy, Hey.
Speaker 3: Go ahead on, Joe, what you want to say? I only had one winning season eleven years. She ain't had no I ain't had no choice.
Speaker 2: Joe, So you're going out regardless.
Speaker 3: I no, I know, I didn't really don't know. I'm just I'm just saying, you know, I showed him a face, but I didn't allow it to affect me and what I had.
Speaker 2: I'm saying it wasn't something to do in Cincinnati, Oh Joe, It's something to do in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but Cincinnati one of the greatest cities of all time in comparison to Atlanta. Atlanta and in Houston.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're saying it can compete Atlanta in Houston. Yes, No, that's not what he's saying, Joe. He lying, ain't it? Sure is story, Joe, She don't like me. Yeah, you can't say, but telling the story.
Speaker 3: Hey, Joe, listen to.
Speaker 2: Joe.
Speaker 3: No it's not Hey Joe, Joe, it's a hidden gym that most people don't know about unless you, unless you you're from there, or you play there, you wouldn't understand.
Speaker 1: I So speed say he from Cincinnati and you say the women terrible. Now that's what he's saying. He from there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, y'all excuse me for a minute.
Speaker 1: You get you you see what he got?
Speaker 2: Nothing? My glass? You see my glass? I know y'all probably ain't got nothing in front of y'all. Uncle looked like he on the road somewhere the road. But I'll be back. I'll be back soon. I'll be hey, I'll be I'll be in your girl. Your girl. Uh she seen my lady at the gym and uh yeah yeah Shell and she uh yeah, ye make sure Joe get these glasses and uh, I said, it's what what better time for me to put on a toast. Y'all know, y'all ain't got nothing going on?
Speaker 3: What what you what you drinking?
Speaker 1: Joe? Hey, Joe, Joe, let me tell you how you need to take it. Hey, get you some eye, put put some ginger ale in there. I don't know if you've ever had it with ginger ale?
Speaker 3: Yeah that Hey, you know we only need to use ginger ale when we sick.
Speaker 1: I Granther said, give some ging jail ready you do? No, I'm like running one hundred four freevil. You know yet you got everything going on? Hey, but you know the movie when you get sick, you just need to go booboo. What booboo gotta do with me sick? My snolly can't hurt go booboo?
Speaker 2: What is that? Granted? Yeah? Okay, Brian, where Joe jo? Let me do what you think about this?
Speaker 1: Brian Windhorse said he would take ant Man over KD for the playoffs.
Speaker 2: And it's not close.
Speaker 1: We're not talking historically, we're talking for the twenty twenty six playoffs. I think ant Man I don't even think it's a debate. Durant has won one playoff series since he left Golden State. Ant Man has won four series in the last two years.
Speaker 2: Joe boy, that's that's good. That's argument, okay.
Speaker 1: And they're closer than your think. And like he said, we're not talking about historically, We're talking about right now.
Speaker 2: He says. Kevin Duranton has won one playoff series. Yeah, one I like and I hey, listen, man, I love both of those guys game. I think the way ant Man competes. You know, he let it be known. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm out here to kick lebron Ass. I'm not here to kick kat Ass. I'm out here. I'm going at these boys. Y'all. Hear what he told Obama talking about y'all better, y'all better watch out. Yeah, I'm I'm a bad boy. Huh man, you got a You gotta love that, bro. You gotta love it. Not only that he goes out there and backs it up. He plays hard, defensively, he guards, and then he can take over a game. I can see where Brian, I can see where he's at on this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not as far as fetched as people think. I think the thing is is that people look at historically, and they look at the time of Kevin Durant at Golden State and Katie is a bad boy, don't get me wrong. But until there's this perception, be it true or imagine that k D in the postseason hasn't enjoyed a level of success outside of Golden State. Be it true or imagine, But the facts line up. I think he got, he got remembered, he got swept his last he got swept, and and and and the nets, the nets got swept by Boston. Yeah, he got, he got swept in Phoenix.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hey, look what he was playing with?
Speaker 2: Though, that's not even they could what what? That's you see? What did When did they ever say that about Lebron? Do they ever say? Look what Lebron was playing with?
Speaker 1: Y'all?
Speaker 2: What they say?
Speaker 3: Well, we talked, we talked about, we talked about we talked about a man and k D.
Speaker 2: Yes, but what got Wait?
Speaker 3: Look what what ad Man got?
Speaker 1: Yes, you do realize that that KD got swept with Kyrie? Was Kyrie any good? What about Devin Booker? Devin book any good?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Big hevil? Now Joe, I'm just asking. I don't know Joe, Joe basketball fishing. So we gotta have somebody that that's that's great and everything you the soccer guy.
Speaker 2: That's you. Oh Joe, come to soccer the guy basketball, we go to Joe. Joe is Kyrie ain't some good? Y'all know he's some good in Brooklyn.
Speaker 1: They got Boston swepper devink. Yes, uh, you're talking about all NBA players. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I think.
Speaker 2: I think, I think the most disheartening thing when it comes to fans and people, uh who speak on the game of basketball space no style, no, no, no, no, no, l no.
Speaker 1: I'm not ah, I'm on finicial point. But I just saw something with.
Speaker 2: Katie dealing with Katie is that they lost to the Warriors and then he went and joined them. The thing I think he will have a hard time respecting that although he was up three one, yeah, three one, he was up three one. You're supposed to put them boys away. But although he didn't go to the Warriors and piggyback, I mean, hell, he's still let him. He was the MVP of them two champions. Here's the finals MVP. Twiye what you mean? Yeah, yeah he was. He was the finals MVP. If it wasn't for him, hell, they wouldn't win.
Speaker 1: No, he wasn't. No passenger. Then people did stop saying that he was a passenger. Kevin Rant was not no damn passenger.
Speaker 2: He ain't gonna lie. Le Bron was at his apex. Then, boy, hey, listen, that's the only player you probably could have win and got that that was gonna get you. That was the only one, and that's why they went.
Speaker 1: There's no way, there's no way that team, that seventy three and nine team, after Lebron walked them down three one, they were psychologically done. Kyrie was at his apex. They had no answer. They had no answer for Kyrie, They had no answer for Lebron. It was over. They had to go get a neutralizer, and Kevin Durant was it now. Y'all said Kyrie was hurt and Jay no, no, no, James Hard was gone.
Speaker 2: Kyrie was not hurt when they got swept by the.
Speaker 1: Celtics. Don't do that now. Kevin Durant is great, he's historically great. But the facts of the matter, the facts of the matter. It's kind of like y'all have revisionist history and y'all try to run and blend everything together. Don't do that. They got swept Boston swepper. Then he went to he went to a Phoenix Phoenix. Yeah, just saying so it's not as far out of the it's not out of the realm of possibility. I can see why Brian when Horse said what he said, man, and you wouldn't be wrong if you right now, if you excuse me, if you right now. It's a lot of people who would take a man over KD right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just said, you know what, Joe, and I could be wrong, and I don't want to what you think. It seems like as a player gets older, even though if he gives you the same numbers that he once gave you, they don't impact.
Speaker 2: The game like ye once did. The numbers don't. I think. Uh, although KD he's forever gonna be an efficient scorer. I mean he makes it look easy. But there was once a point of time where I ain't saying he was, you know, an all defensive player, but you know he was blocking shots. He he he would play some defense. I mean, hell, he's seven foot you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I just especially Golden State, he would do it a lot.
Speaker 2: Of he was. I think now you know he just got that thing cruise control on offensive where you know what I'm gonna give y'all, twenty five to twenty eight a night. You know, I give you a few rebounds, few dimes, but for the most part, I mean, thirty seven years old, he he'll bucket still. Yeah, he still give.
Speaker 1: You twenty twenty three, twenty four points a night, twenty twenty five points a night, and he's still shooting in the fifties.
Speaker 2: He just needs he need them young, He need them young bucks to do the buck of the heavy lifting, meaning defensively, you know, rebounding.
Speaker 1: I mean, that was his thing. His thing was in the Golden State. He was a tremendous help defender. Like you said, he was seven foot tall. I mean, what's some foot of you know, he's sitting in the chair and he's not He's not Elijah Wan, that's not what. He's not a David. I mean, you know, he's not that type of defender.
Speaker 2: He's just not. But he did what they asked him to do. He did very well. Yeah he did.
Speaker 1: But this notion that Kevin rant oh he went the Golden State and kicking no, hey, had he not gone to Golden State. They're not winning no too much championships, they're not wearing those back. They're not winning those back to back championship. It's seven that ain't happening. And if he doesn't get hurt, they don't win back to back, they win three beat Yeah, I don't care what people say Toronto not beating him, not of kvty healthy or serious.
Speaker 2: It's hard when you because offensively he just had too much firepower. You couldn't double nobody. You just kind of had to live with it because look, I played against them guys in the playoff series when I was in Utah, the Warriors, and in the first championship run we played against them in the second round. The boy would getting into it, Joe. They smoked do what you mean like a blunt jump off. They swept their first round series, so they had been waiting ten days. We won seven games against the Clippers, and we won game seven. We had one day of rest and then we had to play ship. The man ain't to offering us. There wasn't that we can do with them. Boy, Well, I.
Speaker 1: Know, look, I just I think, uh once KD a point guard. I think that's what they're missing this year. And guess what, it's gonna get hard and harder for these older guys to win Championship, Joe.
Speaker 2: This league is getting younger and younger. These guys are good. That's why I think these dudes are gonna some way, somehow. I don't know how. I think Broun, Katie or Joannis. I don't know how. Two of them gonna end up on the same team. Two of them gonna end up on the same team. Watch what I tell you. Yeah, they might need to do that.
Speaker 1: The combat uh okc and and and what because Okay, he ain't gonna nowhere no time soon, but.
Speaker 2: Now none zero.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: M hmm.