Speaker 1: They get a little bit called me. That's right man reporting live from Atlanta Jojah Ball Alert Show. You know b T.
Speaker 2: What's good y'all?
Speaker 3: This man has turned to a rapper? Now, god, man, how does it feel?
Speaker 2: It's shocking? Bro.
Speaker 4: It caught me off guard for real, because you know, I grew up thinking I'm be an NBA star, So she just caught me out the blue.
Speaker 2: But I'm here for it.
Speaker 3: Do you ever get that it'sh to like wanna wanna still play ball?
Speaker 2: I still do.
Speaker 4: I like hooping, bro, Like I get a call tomorrow and get to it. But I feel like this moment my life now, like this the path I gotta take on.
Speaker 3: Now, how did you know the song was starting to move?
Speaker 1: Because I feel like, uh, you know, correct me if I'm wrong, But I feel like this song kind of like blew up like overnight.
Speaker 3: Yeah it did.
Speaker 4: Actually, I mean I dropped it on the stream on neon stream, went to sleep, and then by the time I woke up, my shoes flooded.
Speaker 5: So you know, I'm trying to see who picked like how to get picked up?
Speaker 2: What was it about dropped the song? Bro? You said, what how to get picked up?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Like who who heard it to where it went? So damn viral the way did it did?
Speaker 4: But we did that stream neon live stream. It was a live stream and I played it in my whip and then I guess they you know, they screamed record or do whatever. They did it so they heard the song and my next day everything was like.
Speaker 2: Drop that ship. You played drop.
Speaker 4: So it's like, damn, I had to start figuring out, like I gotta put a team together. Now we gotta ship and I'm about to start rapping. That's how it's gonna be.
Speaker 3: So who's the first person that you call?
Speaker 1: Was like, bro, you gotta get on my team.
Speaker 4: I said, I hed demo up first my brother and then yeah probably. I just told him like we need this ship gonna get serious quick, so like we need some the right way to go about things.
Speaker 2: You know, he's trying to be out here just freestyle.
Speaker 5: How fast did that happen? Did that process happen?
Speaker 4: Like they I got my people together, crazy people together. We took then within a couple of days. That's crazy take meetings.
Speaker 5: I fucking wish.
Speaker 2: That's crazy taking meetings after that.
Speaker 1: So with the with the success of you know, your new record, Like, do you do you feel the difference from like the level of like with basketball, Like is it like do you feel like a little bit different now that you're switching over and you're doing music full time?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 4: It's they both on a professional level, So it's like it's still I still know how to carry myself, be around people, talk to folks and all that because I've been doing it. But it is different, Like mentally, I'm up a lot more, I'm traveling a lot.
Speaker 2: I feel like it touched like a bigger.
Speaker 4: Crowd because you know, not everybody may not hoop or like that shit, Like everybody don't like basketball, bro, but it's music everywhere, bro, even overseas they might not even know our language and still tune into some shit.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: What's the difference like in schedule, Like in your schedule, like when you were playing ball, how is that schedule different than rapping? Like you got up and then you had to go to practice or you had to eat right to do this, and then what's the difference now that.
Speaker 4: You were I still got a lot of like my basketball traits. I still be up like at five and ship, I don't need too much leap I'm always ready to go, Like for shows, I say, like basketball helped me with that. I don't go into shows like oh damn, like it's hell of people right right, I know, keep be geeked up. It feels like I got a game on some But it's.
Speaker 5: A little different though, because it's like now it's like, you know, first people was coming to see everybody. People came for you know you or this. Now it's like nah, nigga, we come to see you.
Speaker 4: It's more locked in for show, like I do notice that, Like I like that though I could beat myself now if you're here to see me, you know, team ball, like you can't basketball.
Speaker 3: It's more since yeah.
Speaker 4: It's censored as hell, like you can't say this, you can't do that, you can't roll a certain way like all that. I like with the music though, you could like they gonna rock with you if you do your your own.
Speaker 5: Ship, like you feel free.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I'll just be how I am now ship and then if it gets filmed, it gets film.
Speaker 1: Now, when the record came out, everybody was hitting you up to do the remix everybody. How did that make you feel when you seen like dang, you got like you know, Booty money bag yo, all these guys are hitting you up to get on the remix.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, I don't know that was It was hard to pick one, like, you know, I didn't want to like oversaturate the song and nothing by picking Hello folks. But I just leaned into little Wayne because that's what I grew up on. Bro, Like, that's probably one of my goats. I've been listening to Carter two, Carter thre'es Fools and all that, and even the mixtapes like the Dedication and shit on Spindrilla, so I'm like, you know what, I gotta get that sound and shit, I'm like, yeah, well, a lot of people money Back hit me, Wayne and Eli Chopper and like a lot of rappers for I ain't even get through all of them for real, many fresh a lot of old school dudes.
Speaker 3: Booty hit me, how'd you get this sound?
Speaker 1: Because I know you you from Cali and the sound is like totally different than you know what you hear in California.
Speaker 4: I say, my cousins and my family and shit, like I got cousins in Baltimore that used to live with us, like probably the roots of my voice of the sound probably come from over there. I don't know, bro, but like this how I grew up talking and I've been hearing my whole life.
Speaker 2: Why you talk like that? You're not from the South, Like all right, I don't know, but that's what it is.
Speaker 5: Though, did you have did you have the beat first or the song first?
Speaker 2: The beat first? I always get the beats first.
Speaker 5: Okay, some people be doing different. Okay, so when you heard that? Okay, okay, I don't make no songs pre made and where the wool? Like you do that?
Speaker 2: So school?
Speaker 5: Like what what was that?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: I like that sound like a tune.
Speaker 4: I like a lot of rappers just make music, bro, Like you can't really you can't.
Speaker 2: Like I like when you, oh you.
Speaker 5: Just did what was that? That's what you be doing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll be swinging and ship.
Speaker 4: You know, I might hit a little jiggy walking dance too hard.
Speaker 3: So what the first rap look like? What's the first rap chick looked like?
Speaker 2: To you? Man?
Speaker 4: That's shit nice? It come in fast, like just like how hoops would for real. But for me, I know that's not probably how I go for everybody. But we did that ship like my team put it together like that real professional contract.
Speaker 5: Where does the where does the money come from? Like I know, people be like like how do rappers really get paid? Like how like what is it? Streams?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 2: What's Yeah?
Speaker 4: The shows for sure, the shows mainly are gonna get your cheese from shows performances. Then the rest of that ship, like overseas is a lot of money too. I mean, but I don't know the rest of that ship. Like you get your money up front from the labels, I would.
Speaker 2: Say, like whatever your label.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now do you think do you think some some NBA stars are jealous? Because I feel like it's it's a couple of NBA stars, you know, they.
Speaker 3: Want to be artists, you know.
Speaker 1: And it seems to me like you the first NBA started really transition over to you know, to doing music facts successfully.
Speaker 4: Might I don't know, I might have ruff like feathers or something, but you know, like I don't never be tripping on that ship either.
Speaker 2: You mad, you can hate me, you love me, bro, just don't touch me.
Speaker 4: Do no weird shitting person And I'm cooling Like That's how I move for.
Speaker 3: It seems like the NBA. It sounds like the NBA is supporting you.
Speaker 1: More from from like a musical standpoint, because.
Speaker 4: I did come from over there, like playing all them dudes, so like they know, they probably know me, know my brothers and ship, so it's like they probably feel like they can relate real like, oh yeah, that's a old nigga doing his rap shit like that, so they probably tap in.
Speaker 1: And I bet you everybody wish they had brothers like you, because when I tell you your brothers, they go hard for your music because you see them posting on the instant story like everything.
Speaker 4: Even when I shoot on my music, they tap me that Zoe be writing to my songs, like he'll be in the car playing my ship like it's out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but that's how you guys just grew up though, like supporting each other all the way through.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of supporting love. I do genuinely think that Zo rock though, like he rock with that ship.
Speaker 1: They saying you had better, They say you got better songs coming out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, personally I do.
Speaker 4: I got a lot, like better songs than Tweaker. I feel like, but that ship coming.
Speaker 1: What do you feel like is gonna be the follow up? I know, I know you know. The tweak is like it's still new, you know what I'm saying. But but like, what are some songs that you like excited for like a lot of people to hear.
Speaker 4: I got some shit called Shook the Game. I ain't going like, I ain't putting that shit out, y'all got wait wait to the album for that. I got some shit called shoot the Game, bro. I got like a couple songs and shit called booted Up. That's O D probably like I could see me doing that ship on the stage, Like I got some music like that too.
Speaker 5: I don't really see you just.
Speaker 2: Ain't dropping everything right now.
Speaker 5: I don't really see you like folding on the pressure just because of how you were raised and what we see how you was raised. But do you feel like that you do have a lot of pressure on you after Tweaker, you know, like your career after that.
Speaker 4: Hell no, I always like told us like this ship, this ship LIKEE like real pressure is like you waking up, you ain't got nowhere to live type shit, or you know about no money at all? Like you know, that's real life situations that niggas go through. So my apostles like you know, whatever, life may seem heavy and you get through it.
Speaker 1: For real now, nothing nothing on nothing on social media like bothers you at this point.
Speaker 4: Hell no, bro, especially since me from like a kid bro, I done heard it.
Speaker 2: I done heard it all broad spectrum too.
Speaker 4: It's like, I know, I know what the net like, You're gonna say what you want to say at the end of the day.
Speaker 2: But niggas ain't with me every day, so I can't. I can't fall into that.
Speaker 5: You know, it was the craziest ship you done seen or heard. Motherfuckers say, mmmm.
Speaker 2: Shit, craziest shit that I don't like.
Speaker 4: The most shit I don't like is when the niggas try to say I'm like a dead bee pops or something.
Speaker 2: Because I be with my young niggas every day for real, I've raised them up. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I feel like a lot of shit be misleading sometimes. Yeah, you know other things too. You know, everybody say something, but I don't get too worked up for I don't be mad over than that.
Speaker 2: I really don't go on my ship.
Speaker 5: That's respect.
Speaker 4: I just do a performance and put my phone down and hang out with the game.
Speaker 2: See what's happening, all right?
Speaker 1: So we got a segment on the show. It's called you Got me fucked up. Literally, name something they got you fucked up?
Speaker 2: Right now? Uh?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: A lot of the life coaching got me fucked up. I'm a grown ass nigga at the end of the day.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, you feel me.
Speaker 4: I'm twenty six, bro, Like I ain't trying to hear everybody. I ain't trying to hear your views on ship. Damn show think different. We go about life different, like I just know this. So it's like, I really don't want your advice on my ship, my situations.
Speaker 2: You know, I'd rather just do my own ship. Yeah, it got me real fucked up. How niggas think they you know, they gonna tell you how to live and right? Yeah?
Speaker 3: All right? We okay, we got another segment. It's called do you Like Me?
Speaker 1: So, uh, you know you can talk about your crush if you have a crush on somebody, and you can look at that camera right there and tell them how you feel.
Speaker 2: Do you like me? They know who you are. It's love? Oh way, man, it's love. It's love. I love y'all. All right?
Speaker 3: What birthday?
Speaker 1: Uh? We got this thing called the mental health check in. Uh, you know, when you're having a bad day. What are the things that you do when you have a bad day. When I have a When I have a bad day, I like to go for a walk.
Speaker 5: I have a bad day, I just smoke one. Can I say that, Yeah, of course this ball alert.
Speaker 3: We can say whatever.
Speaker 4: The day is real bad and then you know it build up some ammo to write some music. I might put a song down some studio. No, I just write in the kitchen wherever I'm at. You makes a song in like an hour or two. I really tap in.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Jello, we appreciate you, my guy. And right here battle or show Jojo Alonzo.
Speaker 4: Mm hm