Speaker 1: Native lampod is a production of iHeartRadio and partnership with Reason Choice Media.
Speaker 2: Welcome Welcome, Welcome.
Speaker 3: Welcome, Welcome home to the Native Landing on the podcast based.
Speaker 4: That's it for greatness, sixty minutes.
Speaker 3: It's so hit, not too long for the great shit, high level combo politics in a way that you could taste it. Then digested. Politics touches you even if you don't touch it. So get invested across the t's and doctor i's, get them back to get them staying on business with pride. You could have been anywhere but to trust us Native land Podcast the brand that you.
Speaker 1: Can trust us. Welcome home, y'all. This is episode twenty four of Neighbor. Wait wait wait wait wait nator twenty four Did you say neighbor?
Speaker 5: No, I know what twenty four means Saturday, right, I said, twenty four?
Speaker 1: First, twenty four, yore, We twenty four here at Native LAMPI where we give it to you direct, honest, truthful on the political end. And then the culture, y'all, we.
Speaker 6: Be wilding something, you know why though it's still.
Speaker 1: But on the I said, on the culture, sometimes we be wilding. I can't even put that in a box. All right, I can't put it in the box. We're your hosts, everybody. Tiffany Cross, say what's up, tiff.
Speaker 4: Hi, guys, Angela Rye.
Speaker 1: And I'm Andrew Gillam. I hope everybody's doing well today and enjoying this summer. Ladies, How y'all doing great?
Speaker 6: I'm doing great.
Speaker 5: It's a hot one this week, you guys. Like temperatures are first of all, in Florida, it's gotta be like frying egg on the sidewalk hot.
Speaker 1: It's one hundred degrees. Yes, yeah, yeah, wow, yeah. My kids come home with he bumps every I'm like, man, y'all just hollow. But it's all good. They're in the water, you know, they're having a good time.
Speaker 6: Speaking of the Gillams, I got on Jay's jacket today.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 7: I asked, yeah, I asked her where she got it from. And then I went and got me my fiks r j levigear.
Speaker 1: Little people will deserve fun too. I love that, you know, the fun sized clothes. I love it. I love it. I love it. And on today's episode, y'all, we got a lot going on. It's another day, it's another week, which means guess what, there's another pole. We're gonna give y'all some updates on what's happening in these early states. Not like it's gonna look any different than last week, but who knows. We'll try faith. And then, of course, did y'all hear, especially you, miss lady from Atlanta, that there is a rumble in the peach tree jungle?
Speaker 4: That was for you, tiff I have no idea what we're right now. I'm letting you do.
Speaker 1: It, golle. The debate, y'all, the debate, it was a million of them.
Speaker 6: I was like a.
Speaker 1: Rumble in the peach tree jungle, Tiffany, can you help me perfect? That? Clearly is not a jungle, But y'all, I thought you were saying it.
Speaker 4: Was a million rumbles. Okay. Anyway, the point trying to tell y'all is.
Speaker 5: The presidential debate is upcoming, and we got it okay.
Speaker 6: Fifteen hours later, Thank you, Translator in chief.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that. And we'll talk a little bit about what we could expect to see coming up next week, y'all. Both presidential candidates Biden and Trump will be in Atlanta. More to come on that one, Angela, what you got on your side.
Speaker 7: Well, I would like to talk a little bit about this. Fifty fifty almost said fifteenth five zero. You said fifty million dollar abby from the Biden campaign. It's an ad that launched calling Donald Trump a convicted criminal, and that ad is targeting voters of color. I am fascinated by this choice, and I would love to get into the strategy discussion of that.
Speaker 1: I'm looking forward to that one. I think I hear the premise of the kids being made. Tiffany, what's happening on your horizon?
Speaker 6: Well, I have.
Speaker 5: Some somber things to talk about, unfortunately, and that is there is a major humanitarian crisis happening where over twenty five million people are facing inadequate food or starvation. And I'm going to get into that because one place you won't hear about it is in Western media, where they insist on covering the same three topics every single day, and it's exhausting. But there's a huge story happening across the globe that other people are consuming and certainly our audience should too.
Speaker 1: Tiffany has been good having you back from the continent these past several weeks, because it didn't take your visit there to I think centerfold these issues for us because you've been doing it all along. But I think it comes with some extra weight on it when you bring it Tiffany now. And I'm looking forward to looking forward to the conversation. However, unfortunately he is obviously in that part of the world. But before we get too serious, everyone, we got an interesting story for politics everywhere, and I'm gonna ask you give us a little grace today because it's so juicy, y'all. I couldn't wait till the end of the episode to bring it to you. We're going to start it out on the front end, Si Angelou. Yeah, y'all cold with that?
Speaker 6: Yep, that's right.
Speaker 1: So a Texas Democrat decided to send himself some fake racist online messages and he has, as a result of been arrested. This is candidate for Fort Bank County Commission to Rawl Patel And let me just let y'all hear directly from the news sources themselves there and to what you got.
Speaker 8: Patel sent out a press release with the collage of supposed racist social media posts that he claimed were directed at him. Meyer told investigators he recognized one of the accounts behind the comments as Antonio scallywag. The documents then further detailed how they linked that account back to Patel, including getting a subpoena from Facebook and Google. From there, they were able to obtain account and payment information matching Patel's credit card number, address, phone number, and other personal data. Patel now faces a third degree felony of online impersonation and class A misdemeanor for misrepresentation of identity. The Daisey's office tells us this is the first time that they've charged someone with that specific election related misdemeanor.
Speaker 1: Oh y'all ah right, Jesus, does he win the race?
Speaker 6: Well, you know, I don't know. Let's talk about a bigger race here, and no pun intended.
Speaker 7: I just wonder how many times people on both sides of the aisle and somewhere in between.
Speaker 6: Are gonna continue to traffic in this tiff.
Speaker 7: We know, we had a little call without you yesterday and we were talking about it's not gonna be politics are everywhere today, is gonna be nonsense is everywhere? And this is really one of those This is really one of those moments. I think what's sad about here is I think people of color, particularly in particular. We know that there is a higher bar for us, and there are certain things that you can't do. I don't know enough about Terrell's background. Terrell, I wonder if that's even that man. Nay, probably some different how than called this had a straight brother's day. Shout out to Terrell Jackson a caffish corner.
Speaker 6: See, I watched it.
Speaker 7: But anyway, I mean Jesus, But I'm just saying, like, I really wonder, speaking of caffish, why did he catfish these people? Why and pretend like he was getting racist? Hey, mail, here's the reality of the situation. We don't have to make up racism. We live it every day. We don't have to come up with a fake tweet or a fake Facebook post or Instagram story about it all.
Speaker 6: We experience it every single day.
Speaker 7: And I promise you, if y'all are not experiencing it, it's not much to be desired here. I want freedom for you. I want liberation for you. I want you to be able to go forth outside of oppression. I don't need you to make this up, because we got it hard enough out here on the record, off the record, in between the record. We don't need you to make up any false records. That's all I got on this, Andrew.
Speaker 6: That's all I got.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Tiffany, I just have to say it must. I've been in local I've been in media markets where you have to fight for attention when you're in a race and there are bigger races going on. I just have to imagine that the young man just got overcome by his desire to want to win and serve the people of his community so bad. You're so nice that he thought, Man, what is the most extreme thing I can do to give some attention? And Facebook, which never acts on anything when it comes to you know, these individual complaints, gonna get a subpoena, get the man's credit card, w records, I mean, put together all the facts to show that he was indeed the one behind I don't know, racist attacks on himself. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I wish Metal would use their resources for actual genuine challenges that they have. And I don't know enough about this man's district to say what his chances are. And I think I don't know if you're being nice, naive or sarcastic when you say he wanted to deserve the people so badly, Andrew, because this is narcissism one on one brother, Like, I mean, I look at this immediate. It's like you want the traffic and genuine pain of so many people in this country to gain sympathy and some sort of victory by pretending that you are a victim of these kind of messages. This is for sure nonsense. And I think of all the candidates, you know, there's an infrastructure when it comes to the party on who the party supports, who the party funds, who you know, a predominantly white male donor class uses viable And I think this kind of thing is damaging and makes a steep hill that much more steeper for people who are probably much better well suited candidates to service constituents. I don't know how you go on to DC after that when you've lost credibility and the trust of the people who you know would have been voters and supporters. So I don't like it. I don't like that he did that at all. It's not it's not cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what. And for the record, here the investigation and to all of this story began because Andy Meyer's opponent to mister Patel decided to initiate an investigation I just want to say, this young man is representing nobody but himself. Yes, right now, right there's no broader message to be I think the I from from it other than to say, you know, I thought this was lighthearted only because of how insanely stupid it was. But but but in truth, y'all, I think all of us agree here that, you know, race racism is nothing to be played with, nothing to be toy with, And as Angela already pointed out, you certainly don't have to manufacture the experience on this.
Speaker 7: I do want to point out to Andrew, he was actually running for a position you've once held, not in Texas, but in Florida. He's running for county commissioner mission So he was not gonna go to DC, thank god. Tip Oh no, no, no, he's running for county commissioner.
Speaker 1: No, but y'all know we've seen worse in Congress.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, now we've got to have that. We don't have to have a pression Olympics. I was just.
Speaker 7: Saying that, yeah, he's not he was not going there, and now he's definitely not going anywhere. I don't even think he's going to the county commissioner. Might be going to the county jail.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, First of all, thank y'all for humoring me on that one. But to pick up on your last point, Angela, whether or not this mistake is one that is I don't know, career ending. Well, Donald Trump and Poland coming from it may be telling a different story. Let's take a quick break, pay some bills, and come right back on the other side of that. So clearly I fumbled all over that rumble, y'all, and I apologize to the listeners for the corniness of my jokes. But you know what, I just am who I am. What is most important, though, that we take away from this, y'all, is that we are commencing with probably the earliest series of general election debates that we've seen in modern presidential elections. June twenty seven. June twenty seven, next week in Atlanta, Georgia, Jake Tapper and Dana Bash will co moderate presidential debate between Donald Trump and the sitting president Joe Biden. And guess what they agreed to, y'all. They have agreed to muting the mics when it is not your turn to speak. We'll see how that plays out, but they've also agreed to no opening statements, and to Donald Trump's great chagran, there will be no audience, and again all the conditions will agree to by both sides, and I think it'll just be an interesting piece. I'd love to hear if y'all have any thoughts, any predictions on what you think happens next weekend and this debate before we talk just a second about some poland.
Speaker 4: I'm happy with the rules. I do.
Speaker 5: I like that they're muting the mics. Yeah, I love that there's no audience. I know we talked about this before, and you guys are saying mean so much to the candidates, But I think as journalists, your obligation is to the viewer, to the American body politic, and so all that cheering can sometimes misrepresent what is actually happening in the room, and people, you know, apply the audience with their support and it just takes up time. I think it's so important just to hear the meat of what these two people are saying. Put together, put forth your best ideas for the country, and let the people at home deal with the cheers and jeers. Donald Trump is a bully. He has a habit of over talking people, or interrupting people and making a spectacle of himself just to draw attention to himself. And so he won't have that opportunity now. So he will be without his cheering squad, without his sickophants, and without his bullying tools. And let's see what kind of policy discussions they have for that part. I think it'll be interesting. I am concerned with how many people are going to watch, you know, with so many things pulling at your attention, what's also happening just up the road in Atlanta on that same night as the taping A Black Girl's Rock. I wish there was some sort of way where these two things could cohabitate, given the role that black women play in the American body politic. So I don't think that's gonna happen, but yeah, it'd be. It'd be interesting to see what happens in how people respond.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I don't, I don't know. I don't disagree, Angela. I think you're deliberately holding your fire on this one.
Speaker 7: I didn't know we were talking about this, and we're not gonna talk about it. I'm just ready for the rumble in the Peachtree Jungle. But let's go to the polls, the real speaking of Atlanta Poles.
Speaker 6: See what I did.
Speaker 4: There, Speaking of Atlanta Poles, people think something else?
Speaker 1: That's what I said.
Speaker 7: See what I did there? Man, This is a this is a we having a tough one today. I was talking about p O L E. S to transition this to L L.
Speaker 1: Well, guess what.
Speaker 9: We?
Speaker 1: As I said before, this is another day. That means there are more poles, of course. But I do think it's noteworthy to consider that this debate that's happening next week is happening just as some of the polling through the the various national outlets that have conduct a polling since the Trump verdict are beginning to see some of the results of that show up in their polling. And I guess the truth is is that I think these things will continue to change, and there's so much that will be dynamic between now and the election day it's hard to even say well or not this stuff will weigh all the way through. But do know that apparently independent voters have decided, to the tune of about thirty percent of them that the Donald Trump conviction will make them less likely to vote for Donald Trump. I got issues with the term independent, and I got, and I got real questions about whether or not less likely means I will not vote for him, or if it just means, you know, less likely. Also interesting takeaway from polling that took place this weekend, y'all, alarm bells continue to sound for the Biden campaign and for Democrats who I think are just perpetually nervous. I consider myself one of them, because the state polling based off of some of the seven most mentioned target states shows the black voters in key key Democratic demographics are showing again less enthusiasm for the ticket. Again, these are things that can change, but this is continuing to be a consistent theme over the last couple of weeks. And then finally, I'm excited about this, and that is we have our own polling to introduce into the conversation today, y'all. We commissioned I can't remember which one of y'all commissioned, but Angela maybe it was you.
Speaker 7: You know that I said we are now going to be the newest Poland firm. Maybe we just send some money this way because I think our results might be more accurate to some of these fools they hire.
Speaker 6: Powell shots fired, I meant it.
Speaker 1: The beauty of it is is that our sample size is about as large as some of these national polls, so so it i'd to certainly make a difference to some of these advertisers out here around where it is you're putting your money. But we'll visit that later. Lolo, I know you can't, you can't respond to us, but we just want to give you a big thank you for the data that we are about to share. If we could, we could pop up a couple of slides and for our listening audience, we'll narrate these for you. But our first ever Native Land pod commissioned polling is in and frankly this was done Angela and Tiffany. In the midst of an episode, it was mentioned, Hey, we've got this poll, will you go out there and take it? And I was overwhelmed to see, you know, almost three hundred and forty listeners went on through their own initiation and began to take this poll, which you know, for some people could last up to ten minutes of their time and giving real feedback. I think some of the high points, if you will one, there were three hundred and thirty six total responders to this poll by comparison, y'all, the data that I was sharing with you around the trajectory that independence see seemed to be moving was a audience sampling size of just over five hundred. So we're coming in very close, coming in close to those numbers I think of Note, it's important to point out that of those who took the poll, three hundred and twenty seven of them are registered voters.
Speaker 6: Whoo shout shout out to y'all.
Speaker 1: Three hundred and twenty seven of them are registered voters. And I was just blown away and impressed by that and figured you all would be two. It was also noteworthy, or is rather noteworthy, that the overwhelming majority of you have decided that you will participate in this upcoming election, and moreover, that you overwhelmingly support Joe Biden as we approach the November election, and then just real quickly on some of the issues that you all determined were important to you. I think no different than some of the national sampling we've seen economy, race, in equality, which we don't hear a lot of, I think in national conversation, even when we're talking of black blood about black voters tipped extremely high in our polls. Second most consistently cited issue, abortion rights came in third, and healthcare sort of just underneath that, and I think there's some co location on that issue, and then finally education, and then there were myriad of responses that responders were able to self initiate, self narrate, and they ran the gamut. But it's important to note that consistently, even in self identifying the issues, the issue of democrisy freedom came up also as a pretty consistent, a consistent theme. We'll make these available, this data available obviously for for our native land pod community. But and we've got an audience question associated with this. But Tiff Angela, I don't know if y'all had any initial sort of reaction to to to to what we heard from our listeners, but I just want to give a quick again thank you to them, a thank you to Lolo for her initiation, but to the listeners, I mean, y'all really, y'all really showed out here, and we appreciate it.
Speaker 6: I love it.
Speaker 7: I hope that we keep these going, you know, up until the election, specifically specifically diving into more of what the issues they care about are, especially because that gives us an opportunity to kind of talk about some of those items on the show. I'm proud to say a little humble brag that we have touched on most of what was covered in the portions where they could self narrate.
Speaker 6: And I'd love to hear the listener question.
Speaker 5: But I would just say I love that three hundred and twenty seven people identify as registered voters. I would love the next time we did this to hear from people who aren't registered voters and why they're not. And I think this is a great example of how many people get overlooked in polling, which is why I hate polls. I think they're relevant to candidates and campaigns, but putting out data, to your point, Andrew, with these sample sizes, people will look at the headline and not actually the meat of it. So I have more confidence in this poll that Lolo generated for us than I do in a lot of the polls that you lead New York Times coverage or CNN coverage.
Speaker 4: So happy that we did this.
Speaker 1: That's real. Well, I will tell you we had a follow up from one of the persons who I presume probably also took the poll, who wanted the positive question to us. Let's listen real quick for the question.
Speaker 10: Hey ALVAM pod, This is Grant from southern California. I have a question regarding polling and how you're going to utilize the polling from native land community. I work in tech with UX designers and UX researchers, and there is a strategy called the empathy first approach or empathy driven design, which basically means you don't update a feature or make a new website without doing your due diligence and understanding what your clients or users' pain points actually are so and understanding that there is a demographic that is being ignored. I'm curious as to how you're going to utilize the information from native land pods of polling. I'm imagining using those insights, maybe making some infographics and things like that, but with the hope of making a list of demands like in the sixties, like the civil rights leaders had a list of things that they wanted to see changed. So I'm hoping that that is how you're going to utilize the information. The other question is is it possible to use the polling to demystify the false equivalences between Biden and Trump? They're both not great, but for very different reasons. Biden might be a tone deaf old man, but Trump is a want to be fascist dictator with cult like powers. So curious as to how you're going to utilize that information? And do y'all need help from the few of us in the tech community.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 4: He's like, I want to help.
Speaker 7: I want to make sure we cut this question for social media.
Speaker 6: I love this is you know what you guys.
Speaker 7: I'm just sorry, I'm over talking everybody, but just I just have to say, this is exactly what we envisioned in starting this podcast.
Speaker 6: It is a community.
Speaker 7: It is so much greater than a conversation between three friends.
Speaker 6: Every week.
Speaker 7: The whole idea every week, y'all, is to ensure that y'all feel just as much at home as we are, to tell us what our blind spots are, to tell us where how we can serve you better. You know, Andrew is the quintessential public servant, and it's constantly in that mode, cannot help himself, and we just want to make it better. We want to make information more accessible. We want to ensure that y'all feel heard, seen and not ignored. That part about a demographic being ignored resonates so deeply. We you know, I was joking about posters and who they talked to and if they talk to us ever. But it's kind of like the truth and humor thing. So I'm so grateful Grant that you not only volunteer Joe services we will be calling, but you also talk to us about some things in tech that I didn't I didn't know about it, never heard about empathy driven design, and I'm very curious to learn about that and how we can implement implement that in these Pole results and Pole results up coming.
Speaker 1: Love that and Tip, I saw your enthusiasm over there as well. I think I think we all share it. I loved it. I mean, I loved all of it, but I absolutely love like yeah, and do y'all need some help me and some of my tech friends. I mean, that's that's that's the beauty of it. And I will say, we've heard you know Lolo, who's research associate here who vets through, reads through, provides us feedback and make sure that the audience perspective is very present every time we are contemplating what we bring to them, and she indicated and really positive. This is a question that I want to put to the two of you, really the three of us, which is this idea of folks feeling like they've been given something to do and are feeling like by taking action, just taking Marilyn Moseby and the organizing angela that you let around that for Native Land and the way our community showed up, folks really just feeling very inspired by their ability to through in action, impact something that is in service to something greater than themselves. And it has frequently in comments and otherwise come up like what else could Native Land be doing? Should we also be doing a letter on this? Should we start a petition on this? And uh, of course, you know, some of if we were just wearing our host hats only we're like, look, it's enough to try to remember and read and digest and try to communicate, you know, out to folks in a way that folks can hear us and and understand. But the truth is that folks have greater expectation. I think we've had greater have greater expectation even for ourselves on what this platform will be. But I am curious from each of you how you all sort of perspective, you know, upon that, how you reflect on this not being a conversation tank, but but more of an action tank for ourselves and for the and for the greater Native lampire community. What does that look like for you? Is there a template for initiating in action? We don't want to, you know, create color of change all over again. But but, but, but how do you feel pulled one way or another around what our activism versus our education? Informing and conversating, which I know is not a word.
Speaker 7: It is though, don't don't play me, don't play to West Coast. It is the conversation there we are.
Speaker 1: But just interested in hearing whether or not y'all feel any particular way about about our level of activity and action.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah, So I love that people feel inspired. I hope it inspires people to develop their own pods and their own communities and move beyond.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 5: It'd always call you know, hashtag activism, which a lot of younger people you know, engaged in for a while and then took to the streets and elevated social policies to the halls of national lawmakers and whatnot. So I hope that that continues. Definitely always gives a shout out to Angela for being chief staffs at the Blacks and and you know, hopping on these things and like really driving social change.
Speaker 4: I have to.
Speaker 5: Say, I like the idea that people look at Native lampod as you know, a think tank and action tank. My laser focus is typically always an information tank. I think we're so disserviced by the media landscape, so I never want to follow the news, but drive the news and tell people about things that they don't get to hear anywhere else that you know, they're denied unfortunately with different platforms. And I hope even in doing that that with more information people feel compelled to, you know, increase their intellectual curiosity and hopefully that drives out activism as well. So I love it, and I love that our audience is enthusiastic about picking up arms and getting in the fight to better this here democracy, this here society.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think. And if by the way, information as we know is no like, ain't no lightlift, trying to break through and make sure all of us are at least starting as some common share place of information truth.
Speaker 4: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 7: There was one other point in Grant's question where he referenced making a list of demands like in this sixties, And I just I want to double down on that point because I think it gets at what Tiff is saying about information. But I also think that we, you know, there's a reason why every single week we have a call to action, each of us share something because we know that information without action is you know, just filling your heads with knowledge, which is important. But we all know that we have a role to play here. And so it wasn't just the sixties where there was a list of demands. Actually black folks began organizing around our freedom during slavery and having freedom conventions regularly to talk about what the next steps would be in order to ensure emancipation of liberation for black people everywhere. That certainly continued in the sixties. It continued when the Congressional Black HAWKUS met with Richard Nixon when brought sixty one recommendations to him. It's considered I mean sorry. It continued in nineteen seventy two in Gary and Deana with the National Black Political Convention. It continued and continues to this day with our friend Alicia Garza who's done a Black census through Black Futures lab and then they fulfilled that with a Black to the Future Action Fund agenda in twenty twenty. It wasn't a lot of pickup. There should be a lot of pickup. There will be an agenda that is economically focused from Black to the Future Action Fund this year because two hundred thousand black people took that Black Census, and so we have to continue to ensure that we are sharing these kinds of pieces of information. I will say for full disclosure, so I'm not looking like I'm pubbing something that I'm now a part of. I've been so passionate about the Black agenda that they asked me to serve on the Black Future's Lab board. So I shameless plug there, but also want to make sure that if there's any conflict, you all know what it is. The conflict is for black advancement. But I want to make sure that you know about my representation on that board as well.
Speaker 4: And we're glad that you serveing on that board.
Speaker 6: It is my honor and privilege.
Speaker 4: Shout out to Alisia Garza.
Speaker 7: But yes, I hope that we can canntinue to partner with entities like that.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna break some news here.
Speaker 7: We are going to be at Essence on the main stage on July seventh and talking about black women under attack. It'll be our second live podcast, a major opportunity, and maybe this is an opportunity for us to look at Essence as a potential poll partner for our next poll where we have a larger audience focusing mostly on black women in that pole.
Speaker 6: But I think it would be a great thing for Lolos.
Speaker 7: She's gonna be like, if y'all give you one more job, I love do we got another job, But I think it'd be good.
Speaker 6: We want to get this information out.
Speaker 1: Angela and Tiff. The only thing I would would would would add is I think all of us have a role to play, you know, in this work. I don't want anyone to think we are we want to parlay or push off any part of this, but I do think part of our work requires that we are a growing movement of people. And Tiff mentioned starts your own podcast. One thought that I had was.
Speaker 5: I didn't say it starts your own podcasts. I didn't start your own pod of action all start your Wow the podcast marketplace is crowded, is not more of a go for it. But I was saying start your own pod like community pod where your inacting change. My apology, I wasn't very articulate.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, either way, I think my comment is consistent with yours, which is simply, we talked about your choices for who you are voting for the upcoming election, and that one of I think better than big superstars yelling their endorsements from some big old stage and arena us individually just talking about what brings us to the place that we're at and why we are doing the taking the action that we are taking to vote support and organized for who we're supporting. You never ever, ever, ever should underestimate the power of your voice and who you are example to around and within your own sphere, and so if, if, if nothing else, it doesn't require a petition or anything from this group just to try to hold each other individually but also as a community accountable for giving and setting forth your own individualized reasons for why you are taking the steps to vote for whomever it is that you're choosing to vote for in this national race and obviously every office falling beneath it. But it certainly begins, I think, by adding your individual personal testimony because you never know whose consciousness and then actions you preak and so doing Angela. Another compelling thing that people rely on to help guide them around voting is advertising to tell them what the people did, what they want to do, and how they gonna.
Speaker 7: Get it done. In just about that, I sure will. But right after this break, because we got some ads.
Speaker 4: Way, can I ask a flash before we go to break? Angela broke some news. Do we know what we're wearing at Essence or we'll talk about that.
Speaker 6: LA means I'm definitely wearing down.
Speaker 4: Angel's been on denim now I have time.
Speaker 1: To I only own one denim. I only own one thing, denim jacket.
Speaker 6: You know. I like to be a stylist on the side. Would you guys like me to send.
Speaker 5: You su yes, if we're all wearing denim, because last time I did the denim didn't look right. So okay, if we're all wearing denim, come to Essence, you guys, you don't have to wear dinnim. I just really enjoy it.
Speaker 6: You know what it was?
Speaker 7: Honestly, I have major like I think too long about what I'm gonna wear. So I was when we did dinnim for our photo shoot I was like, Oh, I'm wearing dinim the whole time.
Speaker 6: It just narrows it.
Speaker 4: Let's go boys to men style and all dress are like on the stage.
Speaker 1: Hey, we've already done that destiny. Yes, let's pay some bills so we can afford some destinies.
Speaker 6: Hey, because we want to be survivors and we want to make it. We'll be right back.
Speaker 9: In the courtroom. We see Donald Trump for who he is. He's been convicted of thirty four felonies, found lyle for sexual assault, and he committed financial fraud. Meanwhile, Joe Biden's been working lowering healthcare costs and making big corporations pay their fair share. This election is between a convicted criminal who's only out for himself and a president who's fighting for your family.
Speaker 1: I'm Joe Biden and I approved this message.
Speaker 7: So I just want to note that the Biden campaign has spent fifty million dollars on this ad buy for June, and again I want to emphasize that I've not seen this ad. The only place I've heard about this ad is on campaign staff and surrogate's talking about it on cable news. Because the Biden campaign sent out an email blast lifting up that these campaigns arrogates campaign staffers.
Speaker 6: We're talking about the ad on these various.
Speaker 7: Platforms, so I've not seen the ad other than through the campaign. So I would love to know what you all A's initial reaction is to this ad. I certainly have some thoughts tactically. I offer free campaign advice on this show for some reason, and I'm going to do that because I just can't help myself. But I first like to hear from you, Tiff and Andrew, which your initial thoughts were. In hearing character matters from the Biden campaign.
Speaker 5: I was unmoved by it, to be honest, and I'm really surprised because I can't if you just said this now or we said it early on the call, that it was, you know, a part of their thinking was gearing this towards black voters or voters of color. I felt unmoved by it, But I will caveat this with I think that we have a more sophisticated viewing audience on our hands nowadays, more sophisticated voters, and I'm just not sure how many people are swayed by ads. Either way, It's clear that it is not a choice between Biden and Trump, but in the Democratic Party a choice between Biden and the couch. I don't know that political ads will be the thing to motivate people to not choose the couch. I don't know what that is argue policy, but I just I felt unmoved. It was blast typical political ad that I think they're going to have to do a lot more work to be a lot more innovative at reaching different demographics as the demographics of the country continue to change.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's fair, you know. I think when I first I saw the ad on cable news when they were talking about the ad, and I didn't realize at that point that it was an ad targeting the FAM community. To me, that's a curious choice. That ad, to me, is a curious choice as an opening salvo to black voters to bring them around, especially when you consider when you line up what consistently is showing up as the most important issues for our voters and our poll I think reemphasize what some of the other polling is, which is the economy is the biggest deal. That doesn't mean everything else doesn't matter, but it's a pretty big deal. I would say I choose that theme over crime and character as the opening conversation, and then I will complement it in this way. There is a thread there that I think could be profound, which is Donald Trump is out there working for himself while Joe Biden's out there working for us. And then if they could take this, you know, this idea of Joe Biden working for us, which I think actually feels true to maybe not even a highly in formed voter. That you see him and you feel like the man's out there trying to do stuff on your behalf, whether it's the right set of stuff.
Speaker 6: You feel like in real life, how you feel like I.
Speaker 1: Do feel like between the two, and again that's what this is me a choice.
Speaker 7: Okay, give me one thing where Joe Biden did this, and I feel like, and I'm not trying to be I really want you to know.
Speaker 6: For the audience and for the five.
Speaker 7: People that did our poll that ain't voters, like, why like, what is the thing that Joe Biden were?
Speaker 1: You like?
Speaker 6: Damn if that man worked for me?
Speaker 1: What it is? I? Of course, I of course go back to his policies early COVID, well, his dealing with COVID after Trump and the incredible way in which they realigned and caused government to rethink the role that it is supposed to play and the American people's lives on everything from healthcare to free lunch to making sure that the child tax credit actually equaled what it costs for a family to have a child in daycare for the day under child care for the day. So I thought there was some rubber meets the road sort of steps that the administration took and concert with the with the Congress that felt like, man, these people are walking up my they are coming down my driveway with this stuff that they're talking about. And I will tell you voters felt the same way. I just read this article about some of the farmers down and Georgia who were like, look, I gotta check when Trump was there, and I got it this way. That's the kind of stuff that people remember that their lives were changed in that way. And so yes, I do feel like if I heard it, I would believe it to be reasonably true and honest that Joe Biden is trying to work for us. Okay, Tiff, you made you disagree.
Speaker 7: It's okay, Angela, No I wanted to I just no, no, no, that's not even about it. We always disagree on here, but I wanted to hear from TIF, like, if there's something else that felt like this would be more, this would make it, would make it more resonant. We did not see this ad and when we said you were just like, it fell flat. So okay, all right, well maybe there's nothing. So here's my idea.
Speaker 6: I'm I'm gonna paint the picture for y'all. Here's my change. The narrator, Morgan Freeman.
Speaker 7: It don't need to be no love that chicken from Papaye. We ain't got to do that, right, We don't have to do that. But can we get a Morgan Freeman narrator? Could we start with a cold open of Alvin Bragg reading the indictment, because the only conviction there is right now is Alvin Bragg's indictment. Can we have a jury, someone acting as the foreman of the jury reading guilty thirty four times?
Speaker 6: What I think this ad is missing is real impact.
Speaker 7: You telling me that he's a convicted felon, So toa how what I got convicted felons in my family? So to how what I got convicted felons that I might want to hire to work with me, Like, tell me why his conviction as a felon matters and why that means he shouldn't serve the field. You could say, breaking news, Donald Trump makes history. The first person to ever run and potentially win for president is a convicted velap. Maybe even do it that way, but tell me why his conviction and then what the convictions are for. He falsified business records thirty four times. Meanwhile, and then here's a better contrast to me. Meanwhile, Joe Biden is getting credits to small businesses. Meanwhile, Joe Biden is ensuring that it's easier to produce business records that are whatever it is. But something that draws a contrast to me, the contrast from Donald Trump as your potential president versus Joe Biden, it was like apples and oranges. In fact, it was like apples and FOD trucks. It didn't make any sense at all in that ad. The transition was too quick and it was not parallel enough. So I just think, if you're gonna go down this road, understand one that based on the jacked up ass Department of Justice we have, you're actually putting your son in the crosshairs. Of this because now Hunter Biden is also convicted. No, he's not running for president, but people are basic and it'll be a Trump and a Biden have to meet people where they are.
Speaker 6: And so if you're.
Speaker 7: Going to highlight or lowlight what his conviction is or the fact that he is convicted, be prepared to rumble in Andrew's Atlanta jungle on what the reasons are for this conviction. I think you need to have it sound scary. It needs to be very clear about what it was highlight the black man that got this man indicted to begin with. I just it was such a miss. If you're gonna be in this, be ready to roll your sleeves up and fight for real, because that ad was way too patty kakey for me.
Speaker 5: I don't know enough about it, and I wonder if there's some sort of FEC violation about like politicizing a criminal investigation, even though this at the state level, so it's not like it's federal. So I don't know, but I like the idea. I think what you described is definitely a lot more impactful than that AD. I would still maintain is that ad gona sway anybody?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 4: I just I don't.
Speaker 7: I think my ad could maybe fall five people, but the way they ran, but I just.
Speaker 1: Know I was confused. What you described was I think a different ad than what they thought they were doing there. I think they meant for this to be more about Joe Biden working for while Donald Trump is tending to all of his self inflicted selfish, you know, narcissistic uh issues. Joe Biden's out here doing the things are staked right. The imagery that was being shown there was of what you would expect to be common day, what a president is doing day, you know, through the course of a dad.
Speaker 7: Just let's run it one more time, because I did not get that that did not connect for me that this was Joe Like. To me, it felt like you're trying to demonize Trump hard switch to Biden, and the Biden stuff they touted in the ad was too vague.
Speaker 6: It's just too vague. It didn't It didn't connect for me, and not trying.
Speaker 2: To be we.
Speaker 1: Can watch it again. I just want to say, I think that the ad that you are describing is a worthwhile ad and should be done on its own without the herculean task of trying to do thirty things in that one and that one ad. Maybe the ad should just be that one thing.
Speaker 6: I hear it.
Speaker 1: In this case, I think they were trying to contrast. These two individuals are saying, this guy's a selfish narcissist who's in court every day, and this guy is showing up and doing the unromanticized job as president and keeping this country going. And whether they delivered effectively I think obviously is up for debate.
Speaker 7: Is it they've been not delivered effectively messaging wise? You know what I'm saying, And I hear what you're saying. I think one you're saying they did too they tried to do too much in that one AD.
Speaker 6: Two.
Speaker 7: I also hear the point t if you didn't say this directly, Andrew, I feel like you said this a little more like this piece around demonizing Trump is maybe it's effective, but all so people know that he's a demon already, So how much more do we need to get into that. I think it's more like so, for example, in this USA Today, I'm saying this really quickly. This USA Today, Poul that we mentioned earlier, they said that they said that Donald Trump is not a fellow victim of injustice.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 7: They said that there's not an overwhelming number of black folks who say that they see him as a fellow victim of unfair justice. You can double down on that to you know, to the extent that it matters to the three people they talk to in this poul. You can double down on that and say, let me show you how much he's not like y'all. This is not an unjust verdict. This is someone who did the same thing with great intention thirty four times.
Speaker 6: That was my thinking.
Speaker 7: And they said that that didn't ring true by a five to one margin in Michigan and a seven to one margin in Pennsylvania.
Speaker 6: That's the ad to run targeting black folks.
Speaker 7: Can y'all believe that this man is saying he understands the injustice that you all of experience, But he's actually a real criminal who was totally utilizing a system that has benefited from benefiting him for too long. It is not the first time he's done this. This is just the time he got caught. That's what I would have done there. And then they said that they overwhelmingly people wanted him to Folks who look like us wanted him to go to jail, That is not Those aren't folks who believe that he did something that was wishy washy. They really believe in the anyway in the wrong for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the wrongness of it. And I think where I am on that is where Tiffany I think has positive the question, which is is it does it make a difference?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And I think if if Biden's ads become thirty minute thirty second thirty minute thirty second ads about the conviction to your point, answer to Tiffany's question, does it is it too baked in? And does it compel or move anybody? And I'm not I don't think it can be off the I don't think it could be off the table at all. I think it has to be. But to your point, if it's on the table, put the thing on the table, make it plain, you know, put the cookies on the bottom shelf. Everybody can reach in. I do have one curious, maybe not interesting and maybe not even important. No, they used the term convicted criminal and not convicted felon. They didn't say convicted felon once in that ad. Yeah, And I'm curious, Tiffany, if you to me, it seems like a conscious choice. Do you think it was and do you think it lessens you know, the bang by avoiding the use of the word conviction, And there's probably a re I mean a convicted felon, the description of convicted felon versus convicted criminal.
Speaker 5: I'm happy they said criminal. I guess I think that's more accurate and accessible. If everybody knows that you did something wrong. There are convicted felons the ends of the point that we know perhaps can be innocent. So maybe that was part of conscious of their thought. But I also think this is like such minutia. You know, It's like, I don't know that people if they did say felling, I don't know that would have made a difference.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I just I feel like these these these political ads are so it's so very inside the beltwagh, except when it's so compelling that it transcends, and that's the kind of ad that you want to create, like our frang Gary Chambers did when he ran for Senate in Louisiana. His ad was so compelling people who didn't live in that state saw it, they shared it, they talked about it. So yeah, this just feels like whatever you.
Speaker 1: Know, I think, I think. I think what I'm taking away from the conversation is kind of where we're ending here, which is, I do think ads can be impactful. I know because I put my heart and soul into many of them, not the scripted ones, but the ones that were like, how do I bear myself here in a way that you see me and you hear me and you want to know more? And I think, do you know how they used to say, let let you know, let Joe be Joe if you will, in some ways you almost want to. I don't know Joseph Robin at Biden personally in that way, So I don't know if Joe being Joe is the thing, but I do know that there is a real connecting, empathetic, also true believer in this guy who's our president that I think should cut through. And I would probably appreciate ads that give me more of a cut through than I think. What you're describing is the rut row of political ads, which which is non discision.
Speaker 5: I think it is an important point that you make, Andrew, because that's very fair. Your ads were compelling. Local ads on local issues are a lot more compelling because more people are consuming them. When you consider the people who vote in local elections, they're watching local news, which a lot of people at the national level are not. Yeah, and you consider all they say, all politics are local for a reason. So when there's something that's more tangible to you, if you're voting on, you know, if the street's going to get paved down the block, you're voting on how your kids are going to go to school and who's going to be their superintendent. Like those local ads touch people in a different way. At the national level, I just I don't know that they do. I really don't, but I.
Speaker 7: Could I get better, they share better, I know. To takeaway before we go to this quick break is Joe Biden's mama definitely has some black friends. Because when you said Robinette, I was like, you know, that is a real thing.
Speaker 6: But anyway, let's go to this break.
Speaker 8: Well come, well, come, well, come, well, come, well come, welcome.
Speaker 4: All right, welcome back, everybody.
Speaker 5: I want to talk about something today that is a huge story that you will not hear in Western media, much to my frustration, and that is tou Dan Sudan is facing a humanitarian crisis that could be worse than anything the world has seen. When we were younger, you guys may remember, people used to always reference Ethiopia and hunger. It was like, you know, one and the same, And now this particular crisis can surpass what Ethiopia was forty years ago. Right now, there are over seven hundred and fifty thousand people facing catastrophic levels of food shortages. That's in addition to over twenty five million people facing acute food shortages on the longer term, and all that's according to the Integrated Food Security phase. But the UN is warning about this. Samantha Powers, so you guys remember, was the ambassador to the United Nations under Obama. Now she runs USAID. She's warned about this. People are talking about it, just not much attention. Sadly here, much of the media attention is focused on Gaza, But Sudan is already the worst humanitarian crisis in the world world and it's slipping towards a humanitarian disaster of historic proportions with far less media coverage. As we've seen, only the countries only received sixteen percent of the funds it needs to feed people, and it's very we had more time, I could get into the history and why this is happening. But what people need to know there are two warring factions that are blocking aid and the country is in a state of disrepair. The last time we heard a lot about Sudan was when actors like Don Chito and George Clooney, we're talking about darfour. Sadly, the media continues to fail us. And why this matters to you out there listening is because what happens in the globe does cast a wide net of influence, and it does impact our federal budget, it impacts our foreign policy. And just because the echo chambers are blood obsessed and blood drunk, was talking about Donald Trump and the Hunter Byden trial and you know, the same stories. I hope and I invite people to have a little more curiosity about what's happening outside of our borders, because these are literally tens of millions of people who look like us, who are facing death, and it can come across like the world doesn't care. And while they saw people rally and unite over the poor disparate treatment of the Palestinian people, I would hope and invite people to be just this outrage about what's happening on the continent as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now, that's fair, Tiffany, And I think it often, too often becomes a convenient excuse to say, you know, you've got warring factions within one country. You know. I hear it too often here in Florida when we talk about what's happening in Haiti, where it's like, oh, well, they're just doing it to themselves. I'm thinking the US finds a way to intervene.
Speaker 12: In nearly every part of the globe ann intra conflict. How is it that you only name check it when the country in which we're being asked or called or maybe compelled to intervene in it happens to be full of black folk.
Speaker 5: And if you go back far enough, Andrew, there is almost always a US handprint on what is happening in these countries. So it's not fair for us. Oh well, we don't have anything to do with that. It is very much. There is a saying I read this in a book, so I don't want to misquote it, but I read this like maybe twenty years ago, and someone was saying, if it is good or bad for ninety percent of the people in a black country, but good for ten percent of people in America, the US government will go for it, and a lot of that policy has extended to countries in the continent, and it is just I just can't imagine if twenty five million people were facing starvation who were white faced, it would be breaking news, the same way that when Putin attempted to annex Ukraine, it was breaking news. We talked about it, and this has been going on for a year now. We'll talk about it on my show, but on this platform. I just want to highlight it because this is something that should be a regular part of our conversation. There were three clues taking place in Africa at one point and just didn't get any coverage. And there are real, live human beings whose lives hang in the balance. These are mothers, these are children. When you see these babies just you know, just limp with malnutrition, it's awful to see. So I hope people will pay attention to it and weigh in and do what you can. Donate if you can. There are organizations the WFP I believe is taking or taking up donations, but you can google and find out more information at the appropriate places to donate. But it is a tragic situation that the world is facing.
Speaker 7: If is that the best way to help, Like, are there other ways that you think that we should be weighing into support? Are there certain accounts that have more information on it on social.
Speaker 5: Yeah? I mean it's so because when when Elon kind of fragmented the Twitter space, you can't tell who's verified and who's not. But there are numerous reporters on the ground covering the issue, and it really is you know, at the level of US government, it really does rest with the UN, the United Nation where Linda Thomas Greenfield represents US and Samantha Powers who's the head of us ai D.
Speaker 4: So outside of.
Speaker 5: Encouraging our government to keep persisting and trying to get these folks food, and outside of donating where and when you can. But the problem is Angela that the warring factions. There's a faction of RSF who is a media power, their rapid support forces in Sudan, who they sound like they'd be like a humanitarian organization, but they are blocking a getting to a lot of the people.
Speaker 4: So it's just awful, awful situation.
Speaker 5: So outside of learning more about it and pushing our government to help the people there and donating where we can, I don't know what can be done to resolve this. I would just love to see us, you.
Speaker 6: Know, make sure we get a credible, major place to donate.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, So you can find that information in our show notes and we'll definitely be sure to post it on all our social media accounts and you can follow us at Native Land Pod.
Speaker 1: You know. It's also what was the name of that movie, Mister Something's War. We're based our congressman based single handed Charlie Charlie Wilson's War. That's right. I only reference that because sometimes many of these issues that are taking place on the content and have come to our attention and have have arrested American attention because certain CBC members, certain members of Congress have sort of you know, jumped on this thing and you know, we're a dog on a bone and just would not let it go. And I can think of many, you know, many such examples. I would just say, maybe in future episodes, y'all will do you the credit of trying to see whether or not there are you know, those sort of standouts who aren't again getting the attention that we can help lift. And in addition to you know, Tiffany bringing this to our attention, maybe they could give us some marching orders here in mainland, what we could do. It almost sounds in some ways like you delivered a bit of a challenge, Tiffany to us. And I wonder if you want to take this as a leaping off point for your call to action. I will.
Speaker 5: Actually I have a call to action. I do this a lot with folks. If people have written in ubers or taxis with me, they know this. So this is my call to action to folks out there listening. When I was in Morocco and Ivan Jehan, nobody spoke English and people were so patient with me and very polite. And I thought about the people who come here who don't speak any English. And I think about how many times I'm in a car with a driver who may not speak English, be it Uber or you know a driver that you know Network sends or a taxi, and I always have conversation with them. And Google Translate helps me because if you don't speaking, because I'm about to ask you questions. But I get information that way, I don't like take it as true. Obviously I verify it.
Speaker 4: I read things.
Speaker 5: But if I'm talking to somebody who's from India, I ask how do the people there feel about Modi? I was in a taxi with an Egyptian driver and I asked, how did the people feel about Mubarak?
Speaker 6: Like did they.
Speaker 5: Consider him his You know, they're champion. And one people are so appreciative that you know about their country and their government and that you've taken an interest to talk to them, and two that you acknowledge their humanity. Because so many people were on the call and we're frustrated with the driver, and I just think, man, you're here navigating this space. You don't speak the language as well. There are a ton of people who may not be nice to you. There's some young kids who work at a restaurant here. They were like seventeen and they left Ukraine because you couldn't leave once.
Speaker 4: You were eighteen.
Speaker 5: And they're waiters, and I just thought, man, I see them dealing with people who are upset because they can't get something that's not on the menu item until dinner, or there mad because the table took too long, and it's like, God, these people are dealing with real life problems. Let's see each other's humanity, have conversation. Let's get off our phones and look up at the person driving you and say where are you from and how do you like it here? And how do you find America? If they're open to talk about it. So I just think that makes us more curious about each other and enhances our understanding of what's happening outside America. So that's my call to action today. And if you do it, drop a comment. I want to know if you found an interesting story, if you talk to somebody, I want to hear about it.
Speaker 4: I like hearing those kinds of.
Speaker 1: St I tried it and it ended accustoming me the cab because I got my ass out and walk the rest of the way. The guy would not stop bashing Democrats.
Speaker 11: Oh whoa yeah, but but but I've got plenty success stories that attempt to if now, I just thought that one always bounces on me because I'm like, I pay you for this ding cabin.
Speaker 1: I got out and walked. You would stop.
Speaker 5: There are limitations, or it's like, okay, but you sound a little crazy.
Speaker 4: Let me get out.
Speaker 1: I'm a Democrat, sir. Anyway, Angelou, what you got?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 6: My call to action is some hard work. I think you know.
Speaker 7: Tiff talks about us having an international focus a lot and I think that there are moments in those conversations that feel really intimidating and overwhelming to me.
Speaker 6: And I hate not being able to fix things. I hate not being able to have a solve. I it is.
Speaker 7: It is so disempowering and so frustrating. And so I think that my call to action is one is for myself, but it's for you know, all the listeners and viewers who find themselves similarly, similarly situated, and it is to please not look away, but to lean in when things are this uncomfortable and we can't find an immediate solve, because maybe if we come together with all of our hands just open, like what we can do, our hearts open, what can we do and what would we want someone to do for us, maybe there's a solve in that.
Speaker 6: So that is my call to action today.
Speaker 4: I love that it is.
Speaker 5: It is not always safer in the shallow. That's a shadow, that's a tea.
Speaker 1: Continue, yes, indeed, which is why I'm going to take my time and tuss it back to Angela to actually set us up for our mini pod.
Speaker 7: Next we do, Andrew, we have a mini pod that is coming up, and we will let this listener question.
Speaker 6: Kick us off and we'll tell y'all where we're going.
Speaker 2: What's up Native Land. My name is Anthony, been a fan of all three of you over the years. Andrew, I'm a fellow Floridian born and raised in Saint Petersburg, Angela. I currently reside in Seattle. I've been here about twenty years now. And Tiff, I don't know where I would get my sports information if it wasn't for you are without a doubt the topic.
Speaker 13: But I'm trying to tell y'all my question is regarding the Fearless Fun, given the fact that this carnival clown known as Ed Bloom continues to do nasty work when it comes to affirmative action, and of course the Fearless Fun suspending the Fearless Fun anyway, I was.
Speaker 2: Wondering, can a business like The Fearless Fun repurpose itself and reconfigure its language so that it still exists but yet still do stuff for just black women. I mean, these other venture capitalists are doing it the other way, if you know what I'm saying, So why can't the Fearless Fun. I'll hang up and listen. Go Bucks, go raise, Go Mariners. If you know you know, right, TIF, I love it and.
Speaker 1: I know and I know.
Speaker 7: I'm sure it is TIF. Just a little just so people see your expertise. Can you tell us what league the Mariners play in?
Speaker 5: The Mariners play in a league they participate from the teams from.
Speaker 4: Seattle and they play.
Speaker 5: They play in the baseball They are a baseball team.
Speaker 4: I knew I would get down there the Mariner.
Speaker 5: Yes, that was once run by Bud Selick Boom giving you some old glenfoe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I know that.
Speaker 7: Well, we got there slowly, but surely, Anthony, shout out to you for that great question. I will tell you that Prince once said that black folks love to put our whole strategy on a website. I tend to agree. I also think that there are some things that we could be doing with language. And you will be pleased to know, Anthony, that we talk about a good deal of this on an upcoming mini pod specifically dedicated to the Fearless Fund, And we also talk about what just happened in Tulsa, Oklahoma related to the Tulsa race massacre and where the Supreme Court and how the Supreme Court ruled. So there's that I'm in coming at you like escape.
Speaker 1: Before we end the show, I want to remind everyone to leave us a review and subscribe to Native lampod. We're available on all platforms and YouTube. New episodes drop every single Thursday. You can also follow us on social media. We are Angela Rye, Tiffany Cross, and Andrew Gillim. Welcome home, y'all. There are one hundred and thirty eight days into electionable.
Speaker 3: Thank you for joining the Natives. Attention of what the info and all of the latest ride Gulam and Cross connected to the statements that you leave on our socials. Thank you sincerely for the faces. Reason for your choice is clear, so grateful and took the execute road for serve, defend and protect the truth. Welcome home to all of the Natives wait, thank you Welcome Alco.
Speaker 1: Native Lampard is a production of iHeart Radio in partnership with Reason Choice Media. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.