Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 1: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This He's Talking Cowboys Screaming live from the Dallas Cowboys World.
Speaker 2: Tours at the Star in Frisco, Scondas, dot TIXA twenty Pains Texdown and now your hosts Isaiah Standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez, and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 4: It is an Owner's Meeting edition of Talking Cowboys, presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, live from the Star in Frisco, Texas.
Speaker 5: And the s WBC Studios.
Speaker 4: Welcome in everybody, as we've got the whole cast and crew ready for you to rock today with Patrick Nocy, Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Isaiah Standback, Chris Beam in the back. And as soon as we get on the show, breaking news the Dallas Cowboys have made a trade. Gentlemen, whoa Dak Prescott is on his way to Cleveland and you got a first round pick?
Speaker 5: You got another first round and I'm just kidding it. Yeah, Happy April fools, everybody.
Speaker 1: Stop.
Speaker 4: I had to pick something that was so outlandish that nobody would ever believe that it could possibly Prescott going to the Cleveland Browns, I would never in a million years happen. So I had to pick something so crazy that I wouldn't get in trouble on this platform.
Speaker 6: So crazy it just might work, Kyle, it would not such a nonsensory.
Speaker 1: Yeah, new where to go with it.
Speaker 6: I'm just starting to make I'm just start making up words for the Chicager, Shenanigan and tom Foolery that I'm.
Speaker 5: Starting all sorts of stuff.
Speaker 6: Also, all the things, just all the things life find it.
Speaker 5: YouTube comments too.
Speaker 7: By the way, we got the live stream, got the live so we got the live comments.
Speaker 5: Rolling in Randy. He says, what's up, gentlemen, what's up?
Speaker 1: Randy? What up? Randy?
Speaker 5: Welcome to the show? Yeah, welcome man. Everybody's freaking time. Goodd Isaiah back he was on Good Morning Football all last weekend.
Speaker 1: Legendary stove.
Speaker 4: I have to ask, I have to ask, you were supplexed by seth freaking rawlins, freaking freaking rollins.
Speaker 5: Are you still sore from from that moment that went viral on the internet.
Speaker 3: I had a little creak in my neck. Not gonna lie look quick, but uh, you know I went with the flow. We we did not did. We did not practice at all?
Speaker 5: Tell okay, so how did it happen?
Speaker 3: We so we met in the green room that morning obviously, and I knew something was going down when they slid a waiver form in front of me, just signed this weight. I was like, that's crazy because I'm already under contract, So what.
Speaker 1: Do I need to sign this? Signed a waiver and you signed it and they're like, so, what are you guys gonna do? It?
Speaker 3: Says like, I don't know, I have an idea. I'm like, oh, he's not gonna tell me anything. So we go out there and you know, we get out to that today set and he wanted to make sure that there was enough padding first of all, right, and he didn't want to do anything obviously that was going to put himself at risk because.
Speaker 1: We don't need wwe being he's got a career to go.
Speaker 3: Kind of Yeah, he's a main inventor of RESU.
Speaker 1: Last thing we need is him getting injured.
Speaker 3: Right, So I'm thinking we're gonna like do a curve sop or something simple.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, that's simple.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, well, I mean that's his move, that's yeah yeah, And he's like, you know, his response is he said, that's actually harder than you think.
Speaker 1: And I was like, oh, okay, you take that wrong. You're losing your front. Well yeah, and we don't need that, That's why.
Speaker 5: I said simple.
Speaker 3: So so then he proceeds to start just we're in the live shot comes on and he just starts doing stuff and I'm like, okay, I'm just going with the flow here. And then he's like all right, and we can do this. And then and when I go down, you go down, When you go up, you push up my him. I'm like, okay, what's what's going on here?
Speaker 1: What a daisy?
Speaker 5: I love it?
Speaker 1: It's fun, good time.
Speaker 7: How does it feel knowing that another man was looking at you for like that half a week and said, you know what.
Speaker 1: I could zooplex? Yeah, I'm pretty light right now.
Speaker 5: I think that about Patrick all the time, you know, and you're wrong. We've have some pads over here, bro, should we do it on the show?
Speaker 1: Now? You know what? I did not see it coming. Now.
Speaker 6: If I let you suit plays, you got to let me put you in the figure four.
Speaker 7: Oh that's fine. Oh wow, that's and then I think that all a spear. And then Kyle, you can do whatever pick a move.
Speaker 3: I did not see the arkaeo straight up or cut straight to the chance. Did you guys see the RKO coming? No, I didn't see you.
Speaker 7: Never see never see it, never see watch You can't sign a waiver for that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, out of nowhere. It was crazy but good times amazing. Guess he's amazing.
Speaker 1: Good guy, dude, his good guy.
Speaker 4: I don't want to insult you by saying this, but you have one of the best suit games I've ever seen across the Yeah.
Speaker 5: His is better. Yeah, his suit game is unmatched. Stylis it is unbelievable. Did you my stylish.
Speaker 3: Doesn't need to know that you have a conversation, But no, I definitely got the information.
Speaker 5: Dude, his suit game was.
Speaker 1: It's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: When you're you're on a when you're texting back and forth with Seth freaking wrong man, not a bad deal.
Speaker 5: That's awesome, man. That's how I feel about Isaiah stan It's doctor Josh Rodriguez and Chris Beam in the back.
Speaker 1: And his wife's pretty dope too. His wife's pretty dope to Yeah.
Speaker 5: You met Becky Lynch.
Speaker 3: I did not meet Becky, but the fact that he's married to Becky I think it's pretty awesome.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you know the he referred to her as his wife.
Speaker 6: His wife, it's Becky Lynch, one of the all.
Speaker 1: That's my wife's favorite wrestler. They are quite equal.
Speaker 3: My wife sends me a picture of her wearing the man's shirt because that's the only T shirt she's ever ordered from d w W. She's wearing that, and I show up to set that. He's like, that's freaking awesome. He said it to Becky.
Speaker 1: Becky.
Speaker 5: All right, let's get into some news and notes.
Speaker 4: Owners meetings currently going on, and Palm Springs could be worst places to be on.
Speaker 5: A Tuesday and Wednesday throughout the week. All the coaches are out there, owners out.
Speaker 1: There speaking of a freaking stylists. Did you see the outfits?
Speaker 5: Some of them are great and some of them were just a T shirt and shorts. There's comic stuff right redoing his.
Speaker 1: Uh any redlock the most normal.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we always expect him or McVay, McDaniels. They all look normally. There are some interesting selections in there.
Speaker 7: Next up, I'm talking Cowboys were ranking coaches by hotness stop five number one Brian Brian dable.
Speaker 1: He looked angry kind of act.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So with the owners meetings currently on display.
Speaker 5: In Florida, I want to know rank the shoes.
Speaker 4: What is going on down there with Stephen Jones, Brian Schottenheimer and everybody else that's wearing Hawaiian shirts and button ups.
Speaker 6: Oh well, a lot of conversation. Tommy Yarrish is down there doing some fantastic work getting hey, yeah, yeah, yeah, you know. Tommy spoke with Stephen Jones and a couple offications, spoke with Brian Shottenheimer on yesterday and tell the starting to pour and we will see how true some of these things hold to what they're saying. But one of the biggest things that stood out to me and Isaiah's going to love this, how Stephen Jones said that the Cowboys need an explosive wide receiver compliment CD He's he didn't specify and explosive running back but genty, but he did make it known that they're looking, still looking.
Speaker 3: There's only so many explosive receivers in this league. You know, mm a couple.
Speaker 6: In the draft, so wide receiver. Cowboys looking for a quote unquote explosive wide receiver. Obviously that looks like that's going to be more of a draft thing than a freegency thing at this point, especially with them having already made a couple of trades.
Speaker 5: He didn't rule out of trade.
Speaker 6: Though he did not rule out of trade for neither wide receiver we talked about this last week. He didn't rule out a possible trade for a backup quarterback. Right, So, hey, you're coming out of retirement.
Speaker 3: You have a question before you move on to your next back of quarterback that I just want to remind the people how much caps face that we have currently.
Speaker 1: Let me chick, is it fifty five ish? Am I around? Oh I'm chugging.
Speaker 3: Sorry, it is a random question. No, I think this is I think this might add to your to your point that you're.
Speaker 6: Well, the thing about the Cowboys are is that they still have because they recently pulled the trigger on the restructures on both c and Dak Prescott. So as we speak, total cap space per overthecap dot com is just under thirty five million.
Speaker 1: Thirty five million, okay?
Speaker 5: And how much for fifteen for your draft?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 5: So you got about twenty million to play with at this very moment.
Speaker 6: And still have some triggers that they could pull that they haven't pulled yet, the biggest one being Michael Parsons deal. If you get Michael Parsons deal done, then you know you're fifteen plus million dollars in cap savings this year.
Speaker 1: So you're saying that we could be possibly at fifty.
Speaker 5: Easier or more if you pulled the trigar on Michael, which which would be more like thirty five.
Speaker 3: Because you got to have fishtill for your draft liass. So you can get somebody and pay them up to thirty.
Speaker 4: Ish, you gotta fill the roster too, Remember that too, because yes, you can go.
Speaker 5: And grab whoever for thirty million and say, yeah, let's do that, but you still got to feel the rest of your roster. You got a lot of those guys.
Speaker 7: What if we get thirty one million dollar guys, you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 3: Million?
Speaker 7: Thirty one Yeah, thirty one million. That's more than draft break.
Speaker 5: I could already see the YouTube comments.
Speaker 4: You already got thirty of those guys, which is probably true.
Speaker 1: That entirely wrong.
Speaker 6: So between Stephen Jones talking about and how the Cowboys are open to another possible trade, be it backup quarterback be it an explosive wide receiver. Brian Schottenheimer said that he going into his inaugural season as head coach of the Cowboys, he wanted the front office to attack quote unquote attack this offseason from both lines of scrimmage and free agency and the draft rather trenches. So rather you agree with what the particular moves were or not that were made, the fact is they did have a lot of activity. And you can kind of credit the fact that they had a lot of activity largely because Brian Schottenheimer wanted to see some of that done, and so guys like Will McLay as well. So that's kind of where we're all right. Now, we'll see with the with the NFL Draft speeding along. Were now April first, so we're just over three weeks away from the first big day.
Speaker 1: Day one. Do it and we'll do it. What's the it? What do you want done? At twelve? What do you want?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: I still and the more I've done research on the receivers, Okay, draft class.
Speaker 6: We finished, let's go before you finish that, I'm gonna I'm gonna volley something to you.
Speaker 1: Okay, would you.
Speaker 6: Wait until the draft to get that quote unquote explosive wide receiver that they're looking for, or would you just go ahead and make that move now in the three agency and or via trade. If it's me to avoid having to do so, I would sign Micah.
Speaker 1: Your answer is yes, My answer is yes, okay.
Speaker 3: My answer to sign Micah and make the explosive trade okay, and get another receive you.
Speaker 8: Have, Yes, I do have somebody. But make what division? You can say the division or a m hmm okay, okay, all right. I think with him that I think, are you willing to.
Speaker 5: Die on that hill?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Okay, die on that? You said, die on that.
Speaker 5: Hill, on that hill?
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: Just making sure you're trying to run up that hill and die on it. That's what I'm That's what I'm asking.
Speaker 1: But we'll see.
Speaker 5: Isaiah has a guy now.
Speaker 4: I I don't see a trade happening before the draft.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't question was what do? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, sure you would like to extend Micah.
Speaker 3: I don't see Micah getting done before the trade. I mean before before the draft. I don't see a trade happening before the draft. I don't see any of that happening with this organization.
Speaker 5: Anything that you want to happen most like.
Speaker 4: The mic where is the Mica deadline currently sitting at? I mean we're looking. I know he's under contract this next year. Stephen talked about it. He didn't give any indication of how close they were, how far.
Speaker 5: Away they were.
Speaker 4: Usually you can tell beforehand when you're having these conversations with the Jones family and they're kind of leading on their saying we don't really want.
Speaker 5: To talk about it because we're close.
Speaker 4: They'll kind of say like, hey, we're close, we don't want to talk about it, don't ask about it, and then something gets done quickly. They asked about it at the winter meeting or at the owner's meetings, and through that whole process, I didn't get an indication that they're even talking or close.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 6: I think the if you wanted to set a soft deadline, the first soft deadline was to try to get it done before legal tempera.
Speaker 5: Yep, that was the first one.
Speaker 1: That was the first one.
Speaker 6: Now that has come out, that's going and now it's like, Okay, they've made their freegency transactions, couple of trades, et cetera, et cetera, and they have just under thirty five to thirty six million in available cap before they have to pull any other trigger. So I think from a salary cap asp pig, they also don't feel pressed about it. So I think the next soft deadline is not even really a deadline if we hold Michael true to his words that he said back in December.
Speaker 1: He said he's going to be available for O. T A's.
Speaker 6: He said he's going to be available for a voluntary mini camp. He said he's going to be in the building for mandatory and training camp because he knows well at that point he didn't know, but he said there's a possibility of a coaching change and he wants to be there for that, something he wasn't for Mike Zimmer. He wants to be able to mentor some of the new guys coming in from the draft and free agency and things like that. So if we hold Michael to his word, then really what is the next soft.
Speaker 7: I mean, it's his time is now a lion emoji like like, I think there.
Speaker 1: Was a second it needs to be they said it was a country. I think there's a secondary what'd you guys call it? Could you call it? Let's secondary deadline deadline?
Speaker 3: There's a secondary deadline that that passed, and that was that was Miles Garrett. Okay, I think Miles Garrett, you mean as far as leaves falling type. I think that was the secondary that number number.
Speaker 4: Because even Stephen alluded to that yesterday. Steven said the market in terms of ed rusher has changed over the last couple of weeks, and that's what he means. He means, Miles Garrett, that number has changed things to a certain extent. And yeah, even though I and I do I said this on the fan the other day, But the way that Micah has alluded through this whole process, he wants to be here, he wants to be a part of the Cowboys. But at the same time, when you have an edge rusher that's going to reset the market, it doesn't just become about you as a player. Yes, you can go in and storm in and do what Zach Martin did and do the contract negotiations on your own, but Zach Martin wasn't always resetting the market up until the last contract of his career. Michael Parsons has a chance to reset the market, and his agents have a huge hand in that.
Speaker 5: They have a huge hand in all.
Speaker 3: Of that I think there's a couple of pawns that are in place. Obviously, we just talked about Miles Garrett his deal changing the landscape of this deal.
Speaker 1: Of course, I don't care it does. Was that number had change.
Speaker 5: It's up right, yesterday's prices is.
Speaker 1: Not today's price.
Speaker 3: And I think the other person that's in play that nobody's mentioning right now is is Trey hendricks Hendrickson.
Speaker 1: That's what I mean.
Speaker 6: It's it's it's moved more than just Miles Garrett, because Henderson, if I'm not mistaken, Booms has more sex than even Miles Garrett does.
Speaker 1: Over the past.
Speaker 6: At their defensive Booms MVP, it's over and over here ready, it was the only.
Speaker 5: Good thing about their defense. Yeah, the defense.
Speaker 3: He's not the sexy name for whatever reason, but in terms of production, that dude is he's that guy. So yeah, I mean, so I'm just saying, like you think about the top edge rushers in the league, Hendrickson is literally like in the top three, and he's not mentioned seemingly in the same aura as Miles Garrett as a Micah Parsons. That's what I mean by sexy. It's like those are the sexy names, right, but in production wise, you cannot you can't scoff at what he's done. Like he's literally in that conversation with those guys, if not ahead of those guys in that conversation.
Speaker 5: So certain categories.
Speaker 3: Yes, absolutely, So you are talking about the next the next mile market that they need to hit.
Speaker 1: They need to get it done before Henderson gets his deal done. Yeah, I agree with one. Otherwise the price is gonna get set again. Yeah, today's price Saint yesterda. Because when you.
Speaker 3: Start looking at the difference in what the deal might have been for Micah to what the deal was most likely now going to be for Micah. This deal is done, say today, which is not gonna happen most likely, but that was it looking at what twenty to twenty five million dollars difference most likely over the span.
Speaker 1: Of the deal.
Speaker 5: So it could be the longer you go.
Speaker 3: Mike is not tripping now, Mike is not tripping at all of the brinks going on. Listen, Yeah, he's under contract. Hey are you right? I'm under contract? And I think that they're probably going to test him, right, Let's see how he responds. Is he going to stay true to his word. Is he gonna be a leader? Is he going to show up in the off season to do all the things he said he's gonna do.
Speaker 1: Oh, don't worry, I'm gonna do it. Yeah, don't don't worry. Hra, How calls are you to get yours done? Yeah? You know, that's interesting.
Speaker 6: That's an interesting point you make, because I wonder now that I wonder with you saying that, if if that's a part of the mindset upstairs where it's like, you know, let's see if he holds true to his word, and let's see if he does show up to voluntary off season programs, and then if he does, maybe they look at it and say, Okay, this this is the Michael Parson that Michael Parsons that we're ready to give this Cornerstone money to.
Speaker 1: Gotcha? That's a legit.
Speaker 4: For sure, because if he hasn't done that initially, I mean, that's the that's the accountability and the integrity that you got this you have to show.
Speaker 5: All the time. I mean, he's the production has been there, don't get me wrong.
Speaker 4: But if you turn around and you don't show up until your contracts on the line, and then you decide to show up that sends it completely different.
Speaker 3: I would like to believe that he is going to follow through on his word, even if he had no intentions on following through on his word. He's going to follow through on his word if the contract is not done yet.
Speaker 1: Does that make sense?
Speaker 3: It does, so I'm going to give him a benefit of the doubt that he's gonna do what he said he was gonna do. But even if he said it and had no intentions on doing it with money in the line, I'm doing it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Yeah, Anything else interesting? Anything else from Steven yesterday?
Speaker 6: Not from Stephen necessarily segueing to Shoddy, Shody mentioned something that really stood out as it relates to the draft. Tommy asked a great question about BPA. How is shoddy? How is the Schottenheimer draft? You know, planned with Will McClay looking as far as BPA versus need And here's the quote directly from Brian Schottenheimer. He said, where we are Okay, we're not done in free agency. We're always looking to acquire, were always looking to compete on the personnel side of it. But I do feel like we've set ourselves up going into the draft where hey, we're sitting in a certain spot, that's the best player available.
Speaker 1: Let's go take him. End the quote.
Speaker 6: So it sounds like they're really leaning harder on BPA right now because they might feel comfortable or at least confident after the free agency moves. So then the question just becomes who is their BPA, because their BPA might not be yours.
Speaker 1: There, Isaiah's a cow.
Speaker 7: But that's what we've been talking about since we started talking about the draft, is that you have the opportunity to draft the best player available regardless of position, aside from maybe quarterback. And now that you're looking at that kind of dead in the face now because Mike is still up in the air that he was even talking about edge rushers playing like, it's like, if we're in the spot and that's the guy that's right there, you gotta take him. Yeah, And thankfully you have a trusty little guide coming to you soon on Dallas Cowboys dot com called The Star Magazine. The Star Magazine Draft Guide is going to be available this week on Dallas Cowboys dot com. Thank you, Kurt, Thank you Kyle or your incredible scouting before on eleven positions and.
Speaker 1: Despite might have you believe, Yeah, annually. This, this is where it's at.
Speaker 5: This is where and the little there's little science lab in here too. I don't know. There is a science lab, a big science some chemistry going.
Speaker 3: So maybe before going to break, we can kind of throw this out there based upon you your mock draft.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, what position is going to be the best player available?
Speaker 4: Based upon what you project, It's probably going to be a wide receiver if I had if I'm looking at.
Speaker 1: My board, Cliffhanger, Kyle.
Speaker 4: But there's another position that could possibly be in the mix. Oh, gotta let me finish. Okay, when we come back with Cowboys. If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle Coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee today, Todd.
Speaker 9: Thought it would be secure to jog in the cheetah savannah to leave.
Speaker 10: The big cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per But the good news is Todd has at and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew.
Speaker 9: At and T five G. Fast reliable, Secure five.
Speaker 3: G requires compatible plan and device five G may not be available in your area.
Speaker 1: See att dot com Slash five G for you fifty deals.
Speaker 5: It's the official min's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys Jack Black, and right.
Speaker 4: Now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lifball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com. Slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP that's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. If you shout how about them cowboys? You have that undeniable that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the game day lineup that can't be beat better yet, Gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper for everyone.
Speaker 5: The wins will be even taste here. It's a pepper thing to the Talking Cowboys. Back here on Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 4: This segment is brought to you by in Visi Line, the official smile of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: We are all smiles right here in the SWBC studio.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's all right, Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're smiling, all right.
Speaker 4: Today's candidate and today's winner for best quote in the first segment comes from Donald because it just kind of made me chuckle. He said, Dallas needs the trade back and take Caleb Johnson, the running back from Iowa in the first round, and I said, I just chuckled because no, no, no, no.
Speaker 5: From with Caleb Johnson. Caleb Johnson's a great player at forty four or seventy.
Speaker 4: Six, Maybe not in the first round. He said at number one. I'm assuming that means the round round. So Donald like the I like the player.
Speaker 5: Let's let's try and get a little more value.
Speaker 4: And I like the strategy too, and we're gonna talk more to trade up, trade down strategy. I have three scenarios for you guys, like segment, but each one of them has a good thing and each one of them has a bad thing.
Speaker 5: Pros and a con for each scenario. So we're gonna cook it up. Like most things in life, exactly, We're gonna have to make a list, we're gonna have to talk about it and go from there.
Speaker 4: All right, you started talking about Brian Schottenheimer, best player available, what's most likely to be best player available? I loved what Patrick said in that first segment because this front office, at least off of the conversations that I've even had, they view this draft differently than I view it.
Speaker 5: In certain spots, certain spots. Some of them is the same.
Speaker 4: This is a deep running back class, This is a deep defensive line class.
Speaker 5: This is an edge rusher class with a lot of heavy end talent.
Speaker 4: So even though Dallas may not have a blinking light need at edge rusher, don't be surprised if they end up taking an edge rusher in the first three rounds of this draft.
Speaker 5: However, they also, I think are looking.
Speaker 4: Internally at their cornerback spot, and I think they're looking at the cornerback spot a little bit heavier than we anticipated going into this draft because of the question marks around Diggs and the marks around the health of Kayln Carson and Deron Bland, and the depth there at corner. So while I do believe wide receiver would be the best player available on my board, his name is Teo at McMillan. He played at Arizona State out of the or excuse me, Arizona out of the Big twelve past year. He's a badass receiver and I'm all good drafting him at twelve if he's there facts, I don't know if that's the going rate right now. Across the room, I keep going back to Will Johnson from Michigan cornerback on the outside, really good player, probably a better trade down scenario in terms of value, but if you can't trade down, you might as well pick him there at twelve.
Speaker 5: Another one is Jade Barron.
Speaker 4: I don't think they love him very much just because of the length, but they think he's a great player. I think he would fit the bill in the mid teens. Kind of the same thing, but don't count out corner as a possible best player available.
Speaker 1: On their boy going into it.
Speaker 3: As much as this staff has invested into the O line, is there a scenario where the Cowboys, Because it doesn't seem like any of these top teams are looking at offensive line, at least not tops five, top six picks.
Speaker 5: It's kind of a weird draft.
Speaker 3: Where it's very weird draft. It's like the most uncertain draft that we've had in very.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of red flags with offensive linemen. It's either size or health, and teams don't know where to put them all. So you may have the pick of your offensive lineman outside of maybe one or two guys.
Speaker 5: I bet you will. Campbell's up there.
Speaker 3: So do you think that there's a scenario where the Cowboys stay at twelve and grab an interior offensive lineman.
Speaker 5: And that's one of the scenarios coming up here in a little bit.
Speaker 1: Would you do that, I'm going to say I would not do it.
Speaker 3: I'm unless it doesn't seem like there's somebody that you're like gung ho about at the old line position.
Speaker 1: However, you're hearing a lot, right.
Speaker 3: You've seen what they've done in terms of offensive line coaches, office of coordinators.
Speaker 1: Right, there's been a lot of investment into the old line.
Speaker 3: And you follow up Schottenheimer's comments yesterday about the trenches right and really emphasizing how he wants to run the ball run round of you're hearing this all the time. I get the sense that they really want to be dominant in the running game. And I know if there's been a lot of attention spent on the running back position, right, And I've always been an advocate, as you guys will know that if you have the guys up front, and most running backs in this league could tote the rock behind a solid offensive line. So I get the sense that they don't want to be in the project realm in terms of trying to feel Zach Martin's role. Yep, I think that they kind of want to have a guy that they feel really good about that's a maller in there that their coaching staff that they brought in here that are all specialists at office line development, can then make sure is productive. That's I don't I wouldn't make that move, but I can see them. I wouldn't be surprised if they picked O line at twelve because of the coaching staff that they have in place, and because what they continue to preach.
Speaker 7: Well, that's the thing you're talking about, a team called the Dallas Cowboys, who obviously have a lot of value in that offensive line in a position across the board. It's not something I would do, you would do maybe any of us would do I at number twelve, but you have to understand the bias that they have sure.
Speaker 4: On that position well in a success in the track record that they've had.
Speaker 5: Of course, because if.
Speaker 4: I'm looking at the offensive line scenario, and I'm with you guys, I don't think I would do it based on who's there, Because I do I think there's gonna be a bonafide playmaker.
Speaker 5: And Brian Schottenheimer talked about it yesterday.
Speaker 4: He wants a bonafide playmaker at twelve, there's gonna be a guy like that, either a running back or a wide receiver, or an edge rusher, or a linebacker or a corner whoever it may be.
Speaker 5: Whatever.
Speaker 4: But if the one intriguing side of this whole scenario at offensive line is if you do take a Kelvin Banks junior from Texas or you do take a a Will Campbell from LSU, four of your five offensive linemen aren't only just stud offensive lineman that you can really count on starting. And I'm talking about bb Smith geiitin. Yes, I'm gonna throw Tyler guy into the mix because I think he'll end up being fine. And then whoever, your next first round draft pick would be four of your five guys, and I'm not throwing Terrence Steel in this conversation, but they're also young, right, And the only reason I'm not putting Terrence Steell in that conversation, it's because he's a little bit further along and he's been in this organization since twenty twenty contract, second contract. Four of your five offensive linemen are either first round picks or quality players, and they're under the age of twenty.
Speaker 5: Five years old. That's an intriguing thought process.
Speaker 4: Whenever the board falls from whether it may, it ends up being for a brand new coach that needs to win over the next couple.
Speaker 5: Of years, and that also improves your depth behind them too.
Speaker 1: Absolutely fair. So let me let TJ.
Speaker 7: Bass brought coffee exactly? These other those are guys that you can rely on as in an in backup role.
Speaker 5: Robert Jones who you added the season, Yeah, same thing.
Speaker 6: All great points, Manster, Still he'll know it is to me let me, let me qualify it is. No, let me say in English and Spanish. No, you making an excellent point. This This is kind of a quirky draft in how at least allowed how teams are looking at interior offensive lineman. That being said, if that holds firm, then likely those guys who are going to start the fall I'm going to start to drop. So then why waste not waste twelve wrong words? Why use twelve pre position when you could probably have it at forty four?
Speaker 1: Right? And so at forty four I'm much more comfortable.
Speaker 3: Is there probably is that a probability that at forty four you're going to have some quality guys who can step in and start.
Speaker 5: No, that's that's that's stepping in and starting now.
Speaker 7: But it's not a great offensive it's not a great cterior offensive lineman class.
Speaker 1: No, that's to my point.
Speaker 3: There might if you if you go past twelve right, I say, if you trade back right.
Speaker 1: So let's look alia to this.
Speaker 3: If you take a receiver at twelve right, your next pick's at forty four. Correct, at forty four, you're not getting a starting offensive lineman based upon Kyle scouting report.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 3: However, if you trade back from twelve right to the bottom of the first maybe you still have a shot to get one of those guys that can come in and start at the offensive line.
Speaker 5: BUSI pretty good about that.
Speaker 1: You feel pretty good about it.
Speaker 6: This is where I was about to go with it. So maybe not forty four. Okay, what was my question? You said thirty five.
Speaker 4: I think there'll be some offensive lineman at the top of the second round, but they're gonna go quick.
Speaker 1: That's fine.
Speaker 6: Then you finagel to get at the top of round two if you're targeting an offense, so.
Speaker 5: You're okay giving him draft capital to move up and get ane. That was less over.
Speaker 6: Let's say Gent's gone so now let's really get fun he's gone, but let's say he's gone.
Speaker 1: Cool, you know.
Speaker 5: That if he is that he's going.
Speaker 1: And say Teed's going for the sake of getting funky.
Speaker 6: Okay at twelve, At twelve, okay, both of those guys are going your then you'll better so you bail. Okay, So you trade down, you you get more capital in this year's draft, you package that with one of these compicks, because number one, you're either looking for a fourth or if you for go the fourth and you say, you know what, let's get back. Let's get to the top of the second with the collateral that we just gained with a package of what we already have. So this is what I mean when I say, well, then get funky and finesse it If tet and genty are going to twelve, bail and then start making some calls to see what kind of packaging.
Speaker 4: I like this scenario so much so that I've already written it up and that's what's going to be next. Secon Let's take a break. Let's get real funky with you, Christy. Let's finagle this thing. Get funky.
Speaker 5: It's a trade up trade down scenario.
Speaker 4: We're picking which one fits better for this cowboys to when we come back.
Speaker 1: With more talking cowboys, so almoney.
Speaker 9: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheetah Savannah.
Speaker 10: Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable. And now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At.
Speaker 9: And T five G. Fast, reliable, Secure.
Speaker 3: Five G requires compatible plan and device five G may not be available in your area.
Speaker 1: See add dot com slash five G for you fifty deals.
Speaker 12: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agin Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, cater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf, the official Lagonturf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United Dagonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 13: Hey, y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yeti Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on Yetie dot com. Check it out today. Yeti official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: And we're going to overtime Erica.
Speaker 1: How much have I spent on concessions?
Speaker 11: For questions about their money, Dallas Cowboys fans can turn to Erica, the Virtual Financial Assistant in the Bank of AMERICAP mobile banking app. Learn more at Bankofamerica dot com. Slash airicup by your side. Bank of America Official Bank of the Dallas Cowboys Erica respondses me very digital tools featured required downloading the mobile banking app and may only be available on select mobile devices. Erica is a mobile feature only available in the Englis language. Your chap maybe recorded and monitored for quality assurance. Messae in dat rais and additional terms may apply. Bank of America and a number FDIC.
Speaker 5: To Talking Cowboys back here at the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 4: Be sure to pick up your or your Dallas Cowboys Star Magazine Draft guide as soon as it comes available this week.
Speaker 5: Josh, you have a good idea on when it's available. Is it coming up next soon? As soon? All right, there you go. But it's it's real pretty we're working Hardcome good.
Speaker 4: Look it looks incredible. Got to get that out there. It's going to be available at all the Cowboys pro shops in the area, even some grocery stores and stuff. If you go to like the magazine sections. Barnes and Noble usually has it too. Yeah, bookstores around area, So if you're in the metroplex, go check it out. Sata Kert, we had a ton of people work really really hard on this, and it was It's always a lot of fun to put together. And it's cool to see everybody enjoying the work out there too, So be sure go get it. We get up to date for the draft guide, and he love it.
Speaker 1: Fun.
Speaker 5: All right, let's have some fun here.
Speaker 1: Let's do it. Let's get funky.
Speaker 5: You said, get funky and finesse right the infinitis. All right.
Speaker 4: I've got three scenarios for you, and the pros and the cons I will outline for each scenario.
Speaker 5: Okay, so the pro.
Speaker 4: For this first one is that you didn't have to give up any draft capital. You're staying and picking at twelve, and your pick does not include Teteroa, McMillan, It does not include include Ash and genty. In fact, it is a rough group. You you got wiped out. This is a wipeout scenario and you have to and you got it there.
Speaker 5: Picks, Kyle, what do you mean? Why exactly?
Speaker 4: You got to stick and pick at your pick number twelve and then make a selection. If you have any questions on who's available, let me know.
Speaker 7: Yes, please tell me who is available at corner at cornerback.
Speaker 5: In this scenario, you have Will Johnson, you have pretty much anybody. I don't know, John A Baron got taken.
Speaker 4: Anybody else's Ava Man and Travis Hunter of course, so Hunter and Baron are both gone, but everybody else.
Speaker 5: Trying to fill two positions.
Speaker 7: Kyle, Yeah, yeah, good, tryon Johnson run.
Speaker 1: That's a good question.
Speaker 5: Uh did he run?
Speaker 4: I don't think he did not yet? Right, Yeah, it was. It's like April fifteenth.
Speaker 5: If he runs or not, that's gonna be that's it's gonna be a big, big question.
Speaker 1: Good question.
Speaker 5: Uh. But yeah, So how about defensive end?
Speaker 1: Was I got mine?
Speaker 4: Your edge rushers that are off the board is Abdull Carter, Shamar Stewart from Texas A and m.
Speaker 1: And that's it. My pick is Mike kil Williams.
Speaker 5: Okay, so you're going Mikel Willis because.
Speaker 1: Baron is gone.
Speaker 6: Okay, Baron is gone, and that I was stuck between Baron and Mikel Williams cornerback and edge rusher.
Speaker 1: He took. He took my bpa at at cornerback. So I'm going ja yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm not feeling will Johnson there. Okay, let me see. Can I go with guy that have brought up to you a couple of times?
Speaker 5: Okay, Walter Nolan Ole miss Walter Nolan.
Speaker 1: It was the smile that a company that is available.
Speaker 4: So you could take Walter Nolan, will give me Walter Nolan with that pick who I'm staying at.
Speaker 5: Twelve and you're sticking and picking. What do you think in there, Isaiah? What would be your select receiver's gone receiver? Yep, TETs gone. That's the only receiver off the board.
Speaker 7: Everybody I like Michael Williams though, Yeah, that would have been mine.
Speaker 1: M hm, I don't know Ky. This is your area, bro, I need I need a receiver or O line.
Speaker 4: Receiver O line, O line, will Campbell armand Membu are both off the board. Everybody else is still available, so you could go get Josh Simmons. You could go get Kelvin Banks Junior from Texas, Greg Zabel from North Dakota State.
Speaker 1: You pick, I don't know them? Cats uh. In this scenario, to everybody in the chip, I love you, I say it.
Speaker 5: Mike kil Williams in there, are they upset about it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: In this scenario, well that's a wipeout. Scenarios supposed to.
Speaker 1: Be fun and you have to he won't let me bail in the scenario.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I'm not letting you bail here.
Speaker 4: I would probably take Kelvin Banks just because he would be my best player available out of Texas, just because I don't like taking a wide receiver there. I think it's still a little rich for Will Johnson. I don't want to see how he runs. But it's between those two. It's between Johnson.
Speaker 7: And as you said that, Gregory literally said Banks. He said Kelvin Bank. Right, if it's a.
Speaker 4: Wipeout scenario, I'm okay with it, just because what I said earlier, you've got studs up front, and you build around it.
Speaker 5: You can make a trade, go get something else. Wait, Mason Graham's gone right, yes, okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Walter, yeah, all right. So there's the first one that's sticking.
Speaker 1: Pick.
Speaker 4: I've got two more scenarios to contend with what you just did. Okay, Okay, However, there's a pro and con at both.
Speaker 5: We're gonna start with the trade up. This is the least likely scenario. This is trading up.
Speaker 4: This is go and get an Ashton Genty. They loved them so much, but they've seen all these mock drafts where he goes to six, he ends up getting taken by the LAS Vegas Raiders. He's not available for you at twelve, so you know what, you gotta get proactive.
Speaker 1: You go get your.
Speaker 5: Guy in Ashton genty.
Speaker 4: Hey, so you flip spots with the Jacksonville Jaguars. First off, you flip spots and you overpay a little bit, so you go from five to twelve. You give them your second round pick, but you get your fourth round pick back, so you're instead of not picking in the second, you're not or excuse me, and not picking in the fourth. You're now not picking in the second round, but you have the same amount of picks. You back up seven or you go up seven spots and you get Ashtrion genty but you're not picking again until seventy six.
Speaker 1: Nos. That loved me some eshting gent.
Speaker 4: So you do have a positive that middle part of the draft that you feel pretty good about a playmaker. You're still gonna get a fourth round pick. You feel like can possibly be a impact player, but you had to give up your second round pick.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, no, ye listen, So I'm sitting here for a week. I've been angry ever since that fourth round pick was giving up. Yeah, in that trade with the Panthers, I am not about now before this one, did you try to double my anger. I Am not going to sit here and be hypocritical to my own emotion and be like, oh, yeah, I'm still pissed off about the fourth.
Speaker 1: Let's give up.
Speaker 6: Let's give up the second now like no, no, no, love gent It goes without saying, I don't have to continue to stand on that table, but I'm not giving up my second round pick.
Speaker 1: I'm just I'm not.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 4: Somebody in the chat brought this up, maybe not to go get a running back, but here's the other guys that would be off the board already at five, Carter Graham, Hunter Ward, So the four guys that.
Speaker 5: You're probably you would also go get. I would go get Hunter, You would get Travis if you could. He's probably not.
Speaker 3: The only player that I would go get. Yeah, I would be shocked the only player that I would trade.
Speaker 5: Some So not genty.
Speaker 1: No, you wouldn't go for j I don't think I'm in that camp running back. If he's there at.
Speaker 5: Twelve, I'm still in the camp of take him, and that's right. I just don't think that's.
Speaker 1: There if he's there at ten.
Speaker 6: I mean I'm having the conversation, even though last week was I had the pleasure.
Speaker 4: If he's there at ten, that means you missed your shot because he's going at ten.
Speaker 3: I had the pleasure of interviewing mister Barry Sanders last week.
Speaker 1: Wow, how awesome is he?
Speaker 3: Maybe quite a week, Bro Barry Sanders, and I asked him specifically about Ashton Genty and what he thought about him. He loves him, But I'm not trading up to go get a running back. I'm sorry, It's fair, no disrespected. The position is just there are a lot of very capable guys.
Speaker 4: Maybe you'll like this scenario a little bit better. So that's the trade up scenario. Where we keep that in mind whenever we compare it to our sticking pick scenario.
Speaker 5: And we're all in agreement.
Speaker 4: We don't like it, probably don't get don't get it. This is your trade down scenario.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like it.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing, and let me preface it by this, and we've talked about this a little bit on the Draft show. Just because you want to trade down is great?
Speaker 5: Got it cool?
Speaker 4: Everybody thinks and says trading down is a positive thing. Right, Everybody thumbs up for trading down picking up draft picks. Not every team wants to trade up. You got to find a dance partner. You gotta find somebody that's willing to trade up with you. Less likely this year, simula, very less likely.
Speaker 5: There's no quarterbacks to go and get.
Speaker 4: Maybe Sure Duror falls out of that top five and then somebody's trying to panic and get up there because they feel like he's the guy.
Speaker 5: The other one would be Jackson Dart.
Speaker 4: I think if a team falls in love with Jackson Dart and they feel like he's not going to last through the teams, maybe they go up and try and get the Cowboys at twelve. Playing and simple. You gotta find a dance partner. So a lot of times in this draft, specifically because it's less likely, teams are gonna underpay for you to trade up. And that's what happens in this scenario. So the pro is you get, it's some extra capital. The con is you get you get it on discount. You give up that twelfth pick on a little bit of a discount, You go from twelve to twenty. You trade with the Broncos, the Denver Broncos of Mile High City. That's probably what they've got to be in order to make this pick possible.
Speaker 7: So you'd hope that you'd get a higher pick, but that is your partner.
Speaker 4: But that is your partner. Yep, that's what we got here. So you go back to twenty. You pick up a third, and you pick up a fourth. So you pick up eighty five, which like a late third, and you pick up one twenty two, which is a late fourth. But you got two more picks in that scenario, twelve picks overall, you keep your first round pick and you move back twelve.
Speaker 5: It's a vast underpay though to get up there, about one hundred.
Speaker 4: And fifty points of an underpay to get up there and to get to that point. So some of the guys that are off the board by then.
Speaker 7: I like getting get third and I like getting a fourth, but late round picks.
Speaker 4: Yes, a couple of guys that are off the board. I mean Michael Williams is off the board, Nolan's off the board, Stuart's off the board. I mean pretty much anybody that banks is off the board. All these guys that you like are gonzo goodbye.
Speaker 1: We got yeah.
Speaker 4: Okay, So now that Adam, now that you've had all three scenarios put on the table and on the board, Which one do.
Speaker 5: You like the best? You like stick and pick, trade up or trade best.
Speaker 1: Stick of these particular three stick pick, Well, these are likely.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to make it realistic because we're trying to You're not going to trade back from twelve second this draft.
Speaker 3: From what I understand, because I'm not the draft ex where you are, it doesn't seem like you're in a very confident position to move back and get guys that are going to come in and be impact players. It just doesn't seem like that deep of a draft. So with that in mind, get an impact player. Get somebody who can come onto your roster now and have an impact. Don't get a project. Don't get somebody that you can work with and kind of mold them to who you want to be.
Speaker 1: Get a guy as either a receiver.
Speaker 3: They can come in here and right off the back, beat any dog on corner, off the line of scrimmage, because there's some really good corners in this league, and go out there and catch balls and move the marker and free up some space for cdee Lamb or get office alignment. That's a freaking hoss that come in here and just move mountains off the line of scrimmers, because that's what you really want to do. That's the identity that you want to establish. Yeah, that's what I'm looking at. There's there's nothing else that would make me go, Who's there's literally an other position.
Speaker 5: Question for you though? At twenty is Omari and Hampton available? Yes, he is available.
Speaker 1: I would do that.
Speaker 5: There's a trade back there.
Speaker 6: I think this is that where the only way I do this with this underpay is if I'm running two phones like Kevin Gates. Right, So I've got Sean Payton and the Broncals on one line, and I got another team on the other line, And I say, hey, if I do this deal and get these pigs, what kind of deal can I work out with you to kind of balance it all out and maybe.
Speaker 1: Move up early, go back like into the something.
Speaker 6: Like that, and then I do full NBA types if it's a three team deal type thing like Okay, if they say no, then sorry, Sean.
Speaker 1: It so no. If they say yes to Okay, Sean, we can make this happen type thing.
Speaker 6: Okay, but yeah, I'm willing a deal.
Speaker 4: You're still going from twelve to twenty no matter what. You're not talking about getting back up into the teams you're talking about, But I'm only packaging. Your comfortable with that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if if I have a third team, a mystery team here on the other line, that says, Hey, if you get these picks and you're willing to give this to us, we'll package and let you kind of move back up to kind of balance the overall.
Speaker 1: Not in the first but it won't be in the first.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm willing to eat the twelve to twenty drop if I could make it make sense on the back end, and that might be a third team getting involved in the conversation.
Speaker 1: I'm willing dealer. I'm ready to cook. Let's go.
Speaker 4: The whole point of this exercise is to show there's gonna be a pro and a con to every deal. That's how the NFL works, that's how finding a trade partner works. You're gonna have some good for you and you're gonna have some good for them, and that's what's ultimately gonna happen. I think the whole scenario that we just laid out, and it may not be those exact picks for that exact compensation. There might be some extra things kind of moving and shaking in there. However, I think it's more likely the Cowboys are picking at twelve this year than moving around. I just don't think they're gonna trade up. I don't think they're gonna go get Ashton Genty. I don't think they should go get Ashton Genty.
Speaker 5: If the board.
Speaker 4: Falls and he's there at twelve, that's a damn good playmaker that you can feel confident in moving forward. If you try and bail out, it's not always going to be the trade partner you want, and it's not always going to be an individual team that's happy to come up and get a guy into In this scenario that I traded back with Denver, they came up to get your guy in terms of what they wanted.
Speaker 5: They drafted Will Campbell at twelve, so they felt like they.
Speaker 4: Had their top corner available. They went out and got him, and they're pairing him with Patrick's Ortan. Teams are doing the same kind of thing across the board, So there's got to be a reason for it. And I just see it when we get to April or late April and we're sitting in this very studio on the Draft Show, and we're looking at the conversations in the draft room.
Speaker 5: I don't think there's gonna be a whole lot of phone calls. I think it's just gonna be a sticking what's.
Speaker 4: The board gonna be and where you feel like they're gonna have the best impact.
Speaker 7: Just for funzies, who do you have picking up in in scenario one and scenario three?
Speaker 4: In scenario one in three the one stick and pick, Yeah, that was for me. Banks would have would have been mine just based off of the board that was available to wipe out scenario I would have just taken Banks.
Speaker 5: In scenario.
Speaker 4: Three when you traded back, they traded, they went and got Will Johnson and Walter Nolan was there. I would have probably taken Walter Nolan in that in that spot at twenty, I feel a lot better about taking that spot than anywhere else.
Speaker 5: And then of.
Speaker 4: Course genty going up and getting gent and got that first scenario or the second interesting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So just a little thigh process thought provoking. If you have any questions or have some thought process back.
Speaker 4: And forth on what you would do in those scenarios, send it to us either on the YouTube chat or tweet at us or Talking Cowboys would be fun to kind of get that opportunity.
Speaker 1: What was that so turbret, It's got a little bit more valuable.
Speaker 4: Why is that NFL approves modified kickoff rule bringing dead ball spot after a touchback to the thirty five yard line.
Speaker 1: That is kind of interesting.
Speaker 4: We'll talk about it next week here on Talking Cowboys for Patrick Noci Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Isaiah standback, Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yellman saying so long, We'll see you next time.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.