Speaker 1: Going up next our final news roundup and Information Overload hour.
Speaker 2: All right, News Roundup and Information over old hour this Friday. It is eight hundred and nine four one Sean. You want to be a part of the program, your calls coming up, final half hour of the program today. Big win US Supreme Court today. Again, there's been now multiple wins. We've been chronicling all of them, and this one dealing with the Trump administration and their request for stay of a lower court's orders blocking enforcement of his birthright Citizenship executive order. Remember the President wanted to end birthright citizenship. Pretty amazing. We're going to play all of the president's comments in full also coming up for the next half hour, but I want you to just listen to a little bit of what he had to say earlier today.
Speaker 3: I was elected on a historic mandate. But in recent months we've seen a handful of radical left judges effectively try to overrule the rightful powers of the president to stop the American people from getting the policies that they voted for.
Speaker 4: In record numbers.
Speaker 3: It was a grave threat to democracy, frankly, and instead of merely ruling on the immediate cases before them, these judges have attempted to dictate the law for the entire nation. In practice, this meant that if any one of the nearly seven hundred federal judges disagreed with the policy of the duly elected president of the United States, he or she could block that policy from going into effect or at least delay it for many years tied.
Speaker 4: Up in the court system. This was a colossal abuse.
Speaker 3: Of power which never occurred in American history prior to recent decades. And we've been hit with more nationwide injunctions than were issued in the entire twentieth century.
Speaker 2: I mean, it really is remarkable, and I think the Supreme Court got this right. Most conservatives see what's happening, what the Democratic Party could never accomplish at the ballot box electorally, what they can't accomplish legislatively, they run to and go judge shopping to activist justices. And and by the way, eighty percent of the judges they go to are appointed by Democrats on purpose, it's not an accident. And then it slows down the president's agenda, and he is duly elected by the people to implement that agenda. Senator Danes of Montana is thrilled with the Court ruling today and agrees that universal injunctions likely exceed the equitable authority that Congress has given to the federal courts and allowing a single activist judge to dictate policy for the entire nation needed to stop. And I applaud today's Supreme Court ruling to limit nationwide injunctions. Senator Danes of Montana. By the way, there are many days I'm not having the best day, and I'm thinking what would life be like on a ranch out in Montana. Not that the people of Montana want any more people from any other state coming to their state and frankly maybe bringing their dumb policies with them. In my case, I agree with the people of Montana.
Speaker 5: Well, Sean, we always welcome conservative refugees. We just don't want to have liberal missionaries joining us in Montana.
Speaker 2: I mean, I swear it's like, you know, if you got to move out of California, New York, New Jersey, Okay, fine, you can move if you're going to come to my free state of Florido, which I do love, or you're going to go to Texas, so the Carolinas or Tennessee.
Speaker 6: Just you can. They'll welcome you with open arms.
Speaker 2: Don't bring your dumb, idiotic policies that destroyed your state with you and then destroy the new state you're going.
Speaker 5: To, Sean, we welcome those who want to join us. So we hope folks it might have changed this stay out of the way. So we're on the same page there, Sean. But look, this was a huge win for the American people. Is where it starts. I was a huge one for President Trump. This is a huge win for the American people. You said it so well. It's about the equality here of powers and just proportionality of powers where the left can go shop some rogue judge somewhere in America and stop a significant ruling or order coming from the President of the United States who is trying to protect the country as commander in chief. So this is a wonderful win. And you know what also says to me, Sehn, we're reaping the benefits and the fruit of an election that happened back in twenty fourteen when we flipped the Senate. That's the year I got elected to the Senate. I was the first Republican in one hundred years. We picked up nine seats that night, and that was during Barack Obama's last midi term election, and it set in motion after the tragic passing of Scalia, where we put three conservative Trump judges on the bench and we're seeing the consequences of really elections that began back in fourteen. Just to reminder how important Senate races are on America because you reap the fruit or you reap the curse of what happens in the courts sometimes for a generation.
Speaker 2: What do you make of the other Supreme Court decisions that have come down. I mean, it really has been a little bit of a whirlwin as it is at the end of every Supreme Court session. And you know they now and one swoop have ruled on a lot of issues. This one about about birthright citizenship, but also about a whole variety of issues.
Speaker 6: What's your take.
Speaker 5: Well, there's another one that strikes to the heart of the Danes family as parents of four and now grandparents of seven, Seawan and that's that six to three decision we've got that says parents can opt their children out of LGBTQ transgender lessons in the public schools. This is a win. It's a win for parental rights to win for religious liberty. Frankly, it's crazy this is even a debate. But why are we teaching this gender radical ideo in great school, even down to preschool anyway. But I'll tell you Alito nailed it when he wrote for the majority. I'm going to quote what he wrote in the majority. He said, a government burdens the religious exercise of parents when it requires them to submit their children to instruction. Him that poses a very real threat of undermining the religious beliefs and practices from the parents that they wish to instill. Alito nail it, as he always does. Another great win for this court that was set in motion because of Republican Senate and the leadership of President Trump.
Speaker 6: What did you make about the South Carolina decision?
Speaker 5: Well, another huge win. I mean, think about talking about protecting the rights of the states and a federalism win where South Carolina says, hey, we're not going to allow Medicaid funds federal dollars to be used to pay to plan parenthood for elective abortions.
Speaker 6: Why why do we give planned parenthood a penny?
Speaker 5: Anyway, We're working on defunding them right now as we speak. Sean, we'd love to get that piece included the Reconciliation Bill, and I don't even like to use the word planned parented. That sounds way too kind of planned parented. This is called elective abortions on demand. That's what we're stopping. There should not be taxpayer dollars allowed to prop that industry up.
Speaker 6: You know, the party has become radicalized.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's just culminated this week with mom Donnie winning the Democratic nomination for New York City mayor. But the Democratic Party of old I don't remember as a party that would champion the rights of men to play women's sports. It just seems that they're doubling down on radicalism, and I don't think it's going to help them long term. I think that the Republican Party has emerged as the party of working men and women, and they are the party of woke coastal elites, and I think they're just out of touch with the country.
Speaker 5: It's exactly right, Sean, and we're seeing there in state like Montana. Seohn. I grew up in a family of Democrats. These were the old Labor Union FDR farmers from Scandinavia. Sometimes in my family mix in Bontana. But here's what's happened. It's the classic example of where they didn't leave the Democratic Party is the Democrats left them. They moved so far left. And what's happening is with the remaining moderates that no longer existed Democrats, they've all left to what is left is the radical radical side of the left. So it is doubling down on their ideology. And after their demise is we go forward to with elections. They don't have a plan going forward and the double down on their far left police as we've seen evidence what happened in New York this past week.
Speaker 2: Seventy nine Democrats this week wanted to impeach Donald Trump, which is remarkable. They didn't care when Barack Obama, Joe Biden, Bill Clinton, or any past president used force. They wouldn't stand at the joint session the Lake and Riley's family murdered by an unvetted Biden Harris illegal or the family of Joscelyn Nungary murdered by Harris Biden illegal. And to me, it's if you can stand for parents that lost their children, you have lost your souls.
Speaker 5: Look, Sean, they've lost their soul on multiple fronts. But let's just take what happened last Saturday, when President Trump made the absolutely right decision, a bold, decisive action to take out the nuclear capabilities of Iran. History will look so fondly on what President Trump did. And to think the left, what are they doing? They're trying to plant false intelligence the New York Times to undermine what was absolutely a stellar execution by the US military. The Israelis have done to protect their lands and their democracy through their preemptive strikes on Iran. And they had one part of that whole plan that they needed our help, and that was a heavy lift of V twos to drop the thirty thousand pounds bo that would draft precisely on the right way. They scored one hundred on the test. Sean, we should be cheering for these brave patriots in the left instead once impeach President Trump. That sums it up for me. And it just shows you how much they truly have lost their mind and how they're losing their losing support for the American people.
Speaker 2: They really are, all right, quick break right back more with Montana Senator Steve Daines's with us, then your calls coming up eight hundred and nine to four one Sean, all right, we continue with Montana Senator Steve Daines's with us. Let's talk about the One Big Beautiful Bill. Had a little bit of a setback in the last two days, and that is the Senate Parliamentarian trying to do her level best to take out a lot of the Republicans' plans here. Now, one of the problems is is you're looking at an unelected bureaucrat and somebody that was appointed by Harry Reid and somebody that has shown themselves to be pretty left leaning. And now my understanding is having spoken with a number of other Senators and your colleagues, is that it basically is a matter of shifting and changing the language, and most of what Republicans want we'll still get in that bill.
Speaker 6: Are you confident of that?
Speaker 5: Yeah? You know, literally, Sean, before I came on in the air to speak with you, I was going back and forth with Ted Cruz my colleagues as we are making final adjustments because you have a chance to go back and clarify language on these arguments before the Parliamentarian. Look, we strongly disagree with many of the rules she has made, but she also has given us the ability to correct some of the bill language to give us a chance to actually get it done. And so that's exactly what's going on right now, and I think I'm going to be able to establish much of what we've been fighting for, not all of it. You win, somebody lose someone. Let me just say this, Sean, when the Democrats tried their craziness and their reconciliation bills with inflation reduction acts and others, they try to radically changed immigration policies in this country in terms of pathway to citizenship for illegals, and the parliamentarian stopped it. So this thing does cut both ways. She did rule against the Democrats when they tried some of this. She's given us the ability to make some modifications for welcome them as we speak. I don't like a lot of these rulings, but you've got to keep fighting right now. Times of the essence to get this bill done on the present desk by for July.
Speaker 2: Oh well, looking at for example, she's trying to take up the provisions the Medicaid provided provisions including changes to federal funding for states and the share of healthcare provider taxes. My understanding is it just has to apply to all states and that will be resolved. They were not eligible for approval via the simple majority. Other provisions that were acts include eliminating some Medicaid eligibility for non citizens meaning illegal immigrants, adults and children, and lowered the federal Medical Assistant percentage of funding percentages for states that allow non citizens to get healthcare coverage from ninety to eighty percent. Another section that didn't pust pass Muster was blocking federal funding for Medicaid and the Children's Health Insurance Chip program to provide gender transition medical care. You know, as Tommy Turberville said, the woke Centate parliamentarian who appointed was appointed by Harry Reid and advised al Gore. Struck down a provision banning illegal immigrants from stealing Medicaid from American citizens is a perfect example of why Americans hate the swamp. What's your take on his comments.
Speaker 5: I don't disagree, but I'll say this, the reason we're in this position to get major wins on tax and spending policy is because we're using the reconciliation process. It has these parameters called the bird wrapped around it. To get policy outcomes, you typically need sixty votes, not fifty one, so as long as it meets the threshold of being a spending or tax type impacted provision and not primarily a policy outcome, that makes it compliant with Birds. Now, Sean, I went to engineering school, not law school, So I'll let my lawyers sort out some of these arguments. And yes, I don't like a lot of the ruins has come down, but she's giving us such a chance to come back and make a counter argument. I think we're going to save several of these important revenue and tax outcome issues that will also have policy implications. But the policy argument can't be the primary driver has to be taxes in spending. And that's the Bird rule, and that's why sometimes it cuts both ways.
Speaker 6: All right, we appreciate your time.
Speaker 2: Steve Dan's great state, beautiful state that it is, Montana. Thank you, sir. We appreciate your time. Eight hundred nine four one sewn. As we continue, also, President Trump weighing in on the Supreme Court decision a big win on birthright citizenship. We'll play his comments on the other side. All right, let's go to Pambondi, President Trump and Todd Blanche and the Supreme Court decision today. The issue overall issue is birthright citizenship, but more specifically the interference of lower courts that would prevent a president from doing his job.
Speaker 4: Well, this was a big one, wasn't it.
Speaker 3: This was a big decision, an amazing decision, one that we're very happy about this morning. The Supreme Court has delivered a monumental victory for the Constitution, the separation of powers, and the rule of law.
Speaker 4: It's striking down.
Speaker 3: The excessive use of nationwide injunctions to interfere with the normal functioning of the executive branch. The Supreme Court has stopped the presidency itself.
Speaker 4: That's what they've done.
Speaker 3: And really it's been an amazing period of time this last hour. There are people elated all over the country. I've seen such happiness and spirit. Sometimes you don't see that, but this case is very important. I was elected on a historic mandate. But in recent months we've seen a handful of radical left judges effectively try to overrule the rightful powers of the president to stop the American people from getting the policies that they voted for in record numbers. It was a grave threat to democracy. Frankly, and instead of merely ruling on the immediate cases before them. These judges have attempted to dictate the law for the entire nation. In practice, this meant that if any one of the nearly seven hundred federal judges disagreed with the policy of the duly elected President of the United States, he or she could block that policy from going into effect or at least allay it for many years tied up in the court system. This was a colossal abuse of power ever occurred in American history prior to recent decades, and we've been hit with more nationwide injunctions than were issued in the entire twentieth century together. Think of it more than the entire twentieth century. Me I'm grateful to the Supreme Court for stepping in and solving this very, very big and complex problem, and they've made it very simple.
Speaker 4: I want to thank Justice Barrett.
Speaker 3: Who wrote the opinion brilliantly, as well as Chief Justice Roberts and Justice as Alito, Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, and Thomas.
Speaker 4: Great people. Thanks for this decision.
Speaker 3: And thanks to this decision, we can now promptly file to proceed with numerous policies that have been wrongly enjoined on a nationwide basis and some of the cases we're talking about would be ending birthright citizenship, which now comes to the fore that was meant for the babies of slaves. It wasn't meant for people trying to scan the system had come into the country on a vacation. This was, in fact, it was the same date, the exact same date, the end of the Civil War.
Speaker 4: It was meant for the babies of slaves. And it's so clean and so obvious.
Speaker 3: But this lets us go there and finally win that case because hundreds of thousands of people are pouring into our country under birthright citizenship, and it wasn't meant for that reason.
Speaker 4: It was meant for the babies of slaves.
Speaker 3: So thanks to this decision, we can now properly file to proceed with these numerous policies and those that have been wrongly enjoined on a nationwide basis, including birthright citizenship, ending sanctuary city funding, suspending refugee resettlement, freezing unnecessary funding, stopping federal taxpayers from paying for transgender surgeries, and numerous other priorities of the American people. We have so many of them. I have a whole list.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to bore you and I'm going to have Pam get up.
Speaker 3: And say a few words, but there's really as you could talk as long long as he wants, because this is a very important decision. This is a decision that covers a tremendous amount of territory. But I want to just thank again the Supreme Court for this ruling. It's a giant. It's a giant, and they should be very proud and our country should be very proud of the Supreme Court today. And with that, i'd like you to listen to the words of Pam Bondi. She's an incredible Attorney General. We're very proud of her. And as you know, Todd Blanche is with us, and we have so many others that worked on this case and other cases, and I think they're doing a great job.
Speaker 4: Please say a few words.
Speaker 7: Thank you, President Trump. Thanks for fighting for all Americans. Americans are finally getting.
Speaker 8: What they voted for.
Speaker 7: No longer will we have rogue judges striking down President Trump's policies across the entire nation.
Speaker 8: No longer today.
Speaker 7: In the six to three opinion, Justice Barrett correctly holds that the District Court lacks authority to enter nationwide or universal injunctions. These lawless injunctions gave relief to everyone in the world. Instead of the parties before the court, as the Supreme Court held today, they turned district courts into the imperial judiciary. Active liberal justices. Judges have used these injunctions to block virtually all of President Trump's policies. To put this in perspective, there are ninety four federal judicial districts. Five of those districts throughout this country held thirty five of the nationwide injunctions. Think about that, ninety four districts and thirty five out of the forty opinions with nationwide injunctions came from five liberal districts in this country.
Speaker 8: No longer, No longer.
Speaker 7: These injunctions have blocked our our policies from tariffs to military readiness, to immigration, to foreign affairs, fraud abuse, and many other issues. The judges have tried to seize the executive branch's power and.
Speaker 8: They cannot do that no longer, no longer. And on immigration.
Speaker 7: On a side note, today marks two thousand, seven hundred and eleven arrest on these terrorists and these gangs. Total arrest today with HSI investigations and thank you Stephen Miller.
Speaker 8: Thank you to Homeland Security.
Speaker 7: Thank you to everyone working hand in hand with the FBI on all of these transnational gangs. TDA has been a huge terror to our country, as well as MS thirteen as well as Sinaloa cartels.
Speaker 8: No longer, No longer.
Speaker 7: These injunctions have allowed district court judges to be emperors. They vetoed all of President Trump's power and they cannot do that. This has been a by artisan problem that has lasted five presidential terms, five different presidents, and it has ended today. We will continue to fight for President Trump's policies. I want to thank the Office of White House Counsel Dave Warrington.
Speaker 8: You and your staff have been incredible.
Speaker 7: Are Solicitor General's Office John Sowers, Sarah Harris, and Todd Blanch and AML Bovie. Todd's going to say a few words because we've had another major ruling today on transgender books and some other great wins that we've had. But no longer will they have this power in our country. It is the President's authority, under his executive branch to do everything to fight for the American people, and he will continue.
Speaker 8: To do that. That's why he was overwhelmingly elected. Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 4: Today's a great day for the rule of law.
Speaker 1: It's a great day for the Justice Department, and it's one that's been a long time coming and one that every American should have been waiting for with bated breath.
Speaker 4: And so I echo what.
Speaker 1: The President said and attorneys around BONDI that the Supreme Court did a great thing today, not only for this administration, before every American in this country. If not for the injunction's case, we would be here talking about another great decision that came down today, the Trans Books case, which restores parents' rights to decide their child's education. Seems like a basic idea, but it took the Supreme Court to set the record state and we thank them for that. And now that ruling allows parents to opt out of dangerous trans ideology and make the decisions for their children that they believe is correct. And so we thank the Supreme Court for that. There's been multiple decisions over the past several weeks that just show why this injunction while this nationwide injunction ban had to happen.
Speaker 6: For example, what I mean by that is.
Speaker 1: Local district court judges issuing decisions that are clearly contrary to law just because they don't like the policy of President Trump, and when it gets to the Supreme Court has to correct it. But that takes time. The Attorney General thanked our lawyers, and I'll do it again. Our lawyers are working twenty four hours a day, seven days a week to fight these injunctions and to emergency appeals, emergency states, going back to discourt judge asking them to change their view. And so their hard work is really paying off today. But over the past few weeks, we had a stay of an order that prevented DHS from moving aliens to a third country. We had a stay of an order that stopped the Department of Defense from implementing military Readius, the EO that President Trump signed. We had another stay of an order forcing reinstatement of fired Executive Branch employees, entirely within the president and Article two his right to do.
Speaker 4: We had to stay.
Speaker 1: As you all know of numerous Doze cases. And again, every one of those stays requires a tremendous amount of work and effort by the lawyers and parties involved.
Speaker 4: And they should be doing other work.
Speaker 1: They should be doing the work that the president and this administration demands and has a.
Speaker 8: Right to a and not.
Speaker 1: Fighting these these local judges who don't don't make decisions based on the law. They make decisions because they just simply don't agree with the administration's decision about policy. And that's and that's wrong. Thank you.
Speaker 3: Any questions, Yes, for FAM go ahead.
Speaker 8: For sure. Thank you.
Speaker 4: Mandatory General.
Speaker 8: So, as you know, the Supreme Court did not rule on the underlying.
Speaker 7: Constitutionality of the President's Birthright Citizenship Order.
Speaker 8: So what is the plan now?
Speaker 7: Are you going to try to implement the EO just in states where there isn't a legal challenge. Yeah, so birthright citizenship will be decided in October in the next session by the Supreme Court, unless it comes down in the next few minutes.
Speaker 8: I guess it could come down.
Speaker 7: There's still I think they're still deliberating right now on some cases. As you heard, we just got transgender books, which is a huge win, but most likely that will be decided in October in the next session. However, it indirectly impacts us because, as you correctly pointed out, if there's a birthright citizenship case in Oregon, it will only affect the plaintiff.
Speaker 8: In Oregon, not the entire country. So yes, it's.
Speaker 7: Indirectly, but that's pending litigation and we're waiting on that in the next term.
Speaker 1: And how concerned are you that the Supreme Court will come back and determine that the executive order is unconsciable.
Speaker 7: We're very confident in the Supreme Court, but again it's pending litigation and that will directly be determined in October. But it indirectly impacts every case in this country, and we're thrilled with their decision today.
Speaker 4: Peter Madam, Journey General, thank you for being here to take our questions. A couple of questions to the both of you.
Speaker 1: The EO goes had a thirty day race period before it goes into effect. Is there any thought about trying to make it effective immediately within that period of time.
Speaker 7: We're going to follow the law, We're going to make those decisions, and we're going to do what's right in the bounds.
Speaker 2: Of the law.
Speaker 1: And then the DOJ didn't ask the justices to rule on the merits of the birthright Citizenship band just for explanation purposes, Why sure.
Speaker 7: Because that's going to come down in October. In the this was huge because it's indirectly impacted today. As I said, it's now it's case by case. Let me reiterate of the thirty five of the forty nationwide injunctions filed against this president against his executive authority as President of the United States, thirty five of them came from Maryland, d C. Massachusetts, California, and Washington. And that's crazy, these five districts. So yes, it indirectly impacts us. It will be a separate decision in October.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 2: That was President Trump and the Attorney General Pam Bondi and Todd Blande from earlier today.