Speaker 1: Scrubbing In with Becca Tilly and Tanya rap An iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Hello, everybody, we are scrubbing.
Speaker 1: It grub a dub dub with a Efron and the tub.
Speaker 3: A dream, Yes, high school Fantasy the Tub. Yes, honestly, we are so excited about this having Dylan Efron on our podcast.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 1: I mean he's a digital creator and adventure enthusiast. But to me, he stole the show in season three of The Traders as a Faithful, as a Faithful and spoiler alert.
Speaker 5: They won.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he won.
Speaker 5: He's one of the winners.
Speaker 1: Yes, let's bring him on in.
Speaker 5: Let's bring him on in. Everyone welcome Dylan Ephron.
Speaker 1: Okay, we amportant question before we jump right in. Who on your team is a scrubber? Oh, there's gotta be someone on your team because the word on the street is that we were the lucky podcast to get you. And I was like, there's got to be someone on his team.
Speaker 5: Maybe a good podcast.
Speaker 1: Tanya okay, okay, okay, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 4: I wish I had answer.
Speaker 2: It's me.
Speaker 4: I've been No. I'm behind on podcasts because I switched to audio books. I did all the a Qatar and Fourth Wing. So I like, I've heard about this. Yeah, I switched all that, like all my audiobooks, our podcast around pause now for these audio books.
Speaker 2: Okay, I have a question since we're jumping right into that, because that was one of my questions. I've heard that you're into the Fourth Wing series. As someone I don't really like fantasy and dragons and stuff, but people are obsessed with the series.
Speaker 5: If you were to give an elevator pitch to.
Speaker 2: Someone who has no end trist, what what is your elevator pitch?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's got that like Hunger Games level of like a fictional world in a way, so like and yeah, and Harry Potter. Okay, there it is like a Harry Potter like they go to Hogwarts. It's kind of like that with dragons, a lot of sex.
Speaker 5: Okay, so you don't like Harry Potter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you don't like Harry Potter, you're probably not book that has.
Speaker 1: Like a million pages.
Speaker 5: No, they're good.
Speaker 2: They're just a good sized novel to just the traditional novels.
Speaker 4: It's not like like what's what's the one that was just made into a movie. Game of Thrones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was like, somebody try to get me to read this book and then literally it was like this thick.
Speaker 2: I was like audio, do you have any I know that there have been roles that you audition for in traditional acting, in the acting.
Speaker 4: World on I've only auditioned once, just once, Yeah, Star Wars. Star Wars.
Speaker 5: Was it where you just like, well, I have to do it because I.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is back when I work to Warner Brothers. I specifically got asked to audition because they were looking for someone who wasn't an actor relatively unknown, and I said no. And then I'm like working my nine to five and a coworker, Emanual was just like I told them, like yeah, oh, it was like, oh, they're still casting that movie. I was like they reached out to me like two months ago, and he's like and you said no, And I was just like why, It's like you're dyling and you just like gave me this like pitch, like you're an idiot, Like if they asked for you, you should have gone. So then I ended up asking my brother's manager at the time. I was just like, hey, are they still casting that? They were. I walked in and was like I had to memorize lines for the first time and stuff, and it went really well. It was actually super fun. The casting people love me. And then I had the classic experience where they were like, oh, we're taking the role a different way, which actually blew my mind because so I was like, there's no way that they tell everyone what they told me because they were so nice to me. They were like, that was the best one of the day. We loved it. And then all of a sudden they were like, we're taking this character a different direction, which, in all fairness, they went a very different direction with the character.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they weren't lying to you.
Speaker 4: They weren't lying at all. I saw the person that was cast and he's a different ethnicity and from y he from the UK. It was very very different than me. So they really did take the character a different way.
Speaker 2: That takes me back to my time when I was being cast for The Bachelor and I went up to meet the casting producers and they were like, we see you going so far.
Speaker 5: And I was like hyped up. I was like, there's no way they to say that to everyone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then I got dumped in a barn in Iowa, and I was like, dang.
Speaker 5: I did get far though it's just not the farthest.
Speaker 2: So transitioning into reality TV. I'm fascinated by this because watching The Trader you we watched.
Speaker 5: We've watched like.
Speaker 2: A bunch of seasons where it was the UK and the Australian version, which are just like normal people, right, and so.
Speaker 1: I've literally seen every season of every country that they offer.
Speaker 2: Love.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my favorites are the Australian season too.
Speaker 5: The Australian season two in the ending is the one that out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that ending was awesome, and the UK season two is awesome too.
Speaker 1: I like that like a Netherlands one.
Speaker 4: I think there's so many countries.
Speaker 1: Yeah, literally we've watched all of them.
Speaker 4: People tell me I need to watch like the Polish one or something like that. They were Scandinavia or something.
Speaker 1: One other one I can't remember.
Speaker 4: There's one country that they're like, if you can read subtitles, which I can.
Speaker 5: Audio version, I could.
Speaker 4: Definitely do that. They were like the strategy in that game is next to like the other ones are just cakewalk. They're like strategy and this one is cutthrow and it's a whole different game. I'm like, all right, I'm into that. Yeah, I want to start that well.
Speaker 2: So when when you come on the celebrity version for the US, it was interesting because everyone on the cast we've seen in some sort of version of a reality TV show, So whether it was a competition series or reality dating show, Like we've kind of know these people, but we know you just from like I feel like i've this is a confession, but I feel like I folowed you for a long time just for yeah, and I feel like people knew you, but like no one knew you in a way that we knew like your strategy or how you your personality, how you were going to go in terms of the game. So was that fun for you going on like kind of being like a newbie, Yeah, it.
Speaker 4: Was fun, nerve wrecking, it was everything because it was a huge advantage that no one knows who I am. Like Boston Robb, everyone knows who everyone knows he's cutthroat, So no one knows who I am. And my authentic personality is like I'm friendly and I'm practical, and like I have a good like sense of relationships, So like I knew I was gonna figure it out in there and make a lot of friends and a lot of good relationships. So It was a blessing me just because I was able to fly into the radar. Yeah, when the cast was announced that everyone's like so excited. They're saying, like winners of the season are gonna be Wes or Carolyn, like they all knew them and they were already favorites. I was done with Sam as Gary where it's like why were these two people cast? So it was fun because I get home from Scotland and I like listen to a few podcasts where they're like just saying who's gonna win, And it was always just like Dylan Efron, what the heck?
Speaker 1: Like, well, yeah, yeah, I didn't understand like the time. So when they cast you, they don't tell you who else is cast. They just say you're on it. Did they have like you were like you were a fan of the show. When you like audition, do you audition?
Speaker 4: Yes? So i'd only watched season two of UK. I did not audition.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 4: It was Dina Katz at NBC. She's likes I owe her so much.
Speaker 1: For taking Dancing with the Stars too, right, I think?
Speaker 4: So yeah, yeah, okay, but yeah, like they took a risk on me for sure, Like I was definitely one of the people on the cast where they're like this is either going to work out well or it's he is going to be what everyone thinks and he's going to be eliminated first and it won't affect this. So like they took a risk on me, and I'm so so grateful to them.
Speaker 1: For doing Okay, So they're like, you're on, You're on the next season. When from that point on, when they say that you're on, when do you then go, like to the castle.
Speaker 4: I was busy because I was in Australia shooting something with my brother. I was like doing social media stuff, so like I knew, I knew the offer was there. So in the background, I was like watching some other seasons. I watched the Australia season two in UK and I was like, oh, okay, I actually do want to do this. So I committed maybe a month before going, and in that month, I'm telling you, I was like rock climbing in Moab. I was in Australia. I was playing Jimmy Fallon's golf tournament. I didn't prep at all, Like while everyone's getting their outfits ready, I was playing golf in Jimmy.
Speaker 1: I have like so many questions. So like, okay, so I thought that they like dressed you like that you always had to like pick from clothes in the castle everybody. This is also broad, yes.
Speaker 4: And trusting, Like I'm wearing a tank top right now, Like I was not ready for that, Like I love fashion, but I live in California, so most of the time I'm in a board towards So like now it's I said, yes, a month, I'm traveling. I've got probably a week to go through my wardrobe and figure this out.
Speaker 1: And like and then how long is your time in like if you make it from like the beginning to the end, what's like the time of Like it's one month pretty much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a long time without my phone, without without talking to anyone.
Speaker 1: Really, do you get to watch TV?
Speaker 4: Daytime TV?
Speaker 1: So do you just listen to me?
Speaker 4: No, you don't get any Like you don't get Netflix, you don't get anything. It's daytime television.
Speaker 1: So you're watching like what the like?
Speaker 4: No, So I'm watching the best one was Everybody Loves Raymond, Like I had watched it in the past. Now I've watched pretty much all all of them. It's a great show. I watched him get older as I watched. I watched Fraser, which I'm not that like. That was like like kill me time, Like when Fraser's on and I've got nothing to do, That's that's when I would go work out or do some setups. Then Love Island came out maybe week four, like episode four or five. Love Island came out the UK version, and I was so excited.
Speaker 1: Season that's that's my favorite show.
Speaker 4: It was the most recent season, no the one before that. I guess, okay, okay, it wasn't a good season.
Speaker 1: So bad, so bad. So it was so disappointed and finish it and I'm like, die hard.
Speaker 4: It was bad. It was the first time where I watched it was like they to switch the show up because it's it's broken now. They're all ye.
Speaker 1: So I actually switched from UK the USA that season amazing.
Speaker 4: I think it was the people in the UK version were too young this time, and they all sounded the same. It was the same like West Essex and they all looked the same.
Speaker 1: The guys and the girls. I was like, I can't even. It was very I'm so glad you had that.
Speaker 4: I was very excited and very let down. Went back to.
Speaker 1: Everybody loves m How much downtime do you have?
Speaker 4: Not a lot? They give it to you when you need it. So it's like we would go through a day, a few days of very little sleep, and then they could just tell when we show up to set our energies low. I was sick almost four of the episodes that you can hear me, like if you watched it again, you might notice it. But like I, I was sick like the Sierra vo I couldn't actually talk that day and I was sniffling, so like I, we went through the ringer out there. It was cold, but yeah, they if they could tell everybody was in rough shape, they'd give us a rest day. So we had. They took care of us in that way.
Speaker 5: Did you do you all sleep in the house.
Speaker 1: Yes, they like the castles were like whatever everything happens, and that they don't actually sleep in the castle.
Speaker 5: Well, because he said when we should have set.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of rumors out there, like the.
Speaker 1: Shots that they shoot of you guys, like in the bathtub, like when they're trying to vote you out and stuff that's all like pre done. You're not like actually doing that before bed.
Speaker 4: It's like a scene. Yeah, like maybe on an off day they would call call, Yeah, we'd have to go do some stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Like because when we watched I watch it with my step kids and they're like, why is he doing like pull up? Like why is she doing this? I'm like, it's not really like they're not actually doing this.
Speaker 4: I knew those scenes were in there. I'm like, they're gonna I could do something. I was the only one I was going to say no to. You've see my instagram. I'm not bashful with my shirt off and stuff. But I was like, I don't really want to take a shower. Luckily Sara was like, I'll do the shower.
Speaker 5: Sam said, this is my moment tomed at a bath.
Speaker 4: They got the bad ones. I just got to work out. It's great.
Speaker 2: When you were chosen to be on the show, were you hoping that you'd be a trader or faithful?
Speaker 4: Faithful?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 4: But it was a weird spot because like I've I've played Mafia before, like and I know I don't enjoy being a trader as much, but it's that's the beauty of games. Is supposed to be random. So like I didn't want to go in there and ruin the game and be like, I will only go if I'm a faithful. So I wanted to be a faithful But even when I'm talking to Alan, I'm like, yeah, I would be a trader if you make me one, but I did not want to be one.
Speaker 5: So if Danielle had recruited you, I.
Speaker 4: Would have had to Oh, that would have beenn ultimatum, would have gone home. Yeah, I either would have left, which a fat chance I'm doing that. I'm too competitive to leave it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well there was that.
Speaker 2: There was that moment because I know there's been a lot of comparison with Pilot Pete where he was chosen and said no.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So that one wasn't an ultimatum. So and this is where the rules get crazy. It's like earlier in the season, if they recruit, if they recruit, it's not an ultimatum, and you can say yes or no. And if if Pilot Pete would have said yes, then there's no murder that night. Yeah, But for an ultimatum, which only happens at the very end, when there's one trader left, you can still murder that night. Does that make sense? So that that's why Tom, That's why Tom was murdered, but Brittany was recruited because it was an ultimatum he had. She had to say yes, where Pilot Pete didn't have to say yes.
Speaker 5: Oh that's right, Yeah he was. He didn't have to risk the murder of it of it all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you were saying that you and Tom kind of figured out that it was Danielle.
Speaker 5: It was the night after when Krishelle went home.
Speaker 4: Right, that was when it's our brain started clicking.
Speaker 5: Were you?
Speaker 2: Because I was like, from the beginning, you were so locked in, like you had Bob the Drag Queen so fat.
Speaker 1: Then I got like so frustrated with you because I was like he was so good, and then I was like Dylan bamboozled by Danielle.
Speaker 4: It's tough because I was bamboos like there's no arguing that. But it was also like, since I got Bob the Drag Queen, it wasn't my best interest to like take more of a back seat because now the only way I'm going home is if I'm murdered. No one was going to banish me after that because it was like so clear I was a faithful I was the only one going after Bob. Bob the drag queen. So it's like a trader. Wouldn't Traine turn on a trader episode one or episode two? When I decided to go after it, Yeah, it was like so everyone there knew I was a faithful It was such a good spot. So it was like, I just was working on my relationships a lot.
Speaker 1: How do you trust anybody like I would?
Speaker 4: Don't you don't? Like I thought Gabby was a trader, so I was saying her name. I thought Bob h was, but I never said his name, Like I was wrong in the middle a lot. It's a tough game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it feels really challenging.
Speaker 2: And also if there was a season where the traders would trade on each other episode one or two, it would have been the.
Speaker 5: Cast of this season.
Speaker 4: Yes, totally, because.
Speaker 2: There were so many episodes where I was like, why are they just like battling it out so aggressively with each other?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what happened. When like they put gamers up there, it was like if I was up there, I wouldn't My goal wouldn't be to get my fellow traders out. But they're all gamers. They know if they're the last one standing, they can control the room. They can take all the money at the end. So you put four people out there that are all thinking that way, it's gonna be a hostel.
Speaker 5: I'll soon into it. Do you feel like Boston Robb was a trader?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: I didn't know he was a trader? You really know? I didn't.
Speaker 5: You never even suspected it.
Speaker 4: I didn't want to suspect. So that's the beauty of this game is Like there's people like Bob, Bob the drag Queen for me, wasn't in my core alliances. I was very friendly with him. I really like him, but he wasn't like, like I knew his core alliance was Gabby Bob Age, Like he had people that he's always with. So like, for me, that's someone I can want. I know there's four traders, that's one I can target. So Boston rob he's probably the guy that I trust the most. He helped me get a trader out and I know he has my back after that, So why would I try to get him out of this game? But that that really is it? So everyone wants him out. Like I'm hearing every day people saying Boston robbed the trader, Like we need to get him out and I'm the opposite voice because I was like, I don't want him to leave this game, Like I know it's a numbers game.
Speaker 2: Well, if you had gotten this seer, if you had won this year, who would you have questioned?
Speaker 4: Honestly, I think it would have been the Iver because not because he was a trader, just because that's that power is scary. So I would have used it on someone that I knew as a faithful to just like have one person that I know is a faithful and not because imagine, let's say I got Brittany. Now I'm saying she's a trader. She's going to say I'm a trader. Ye, we're both screwed. So it's really like you have to use that power to find the person that you want to end the game with. And I would have probably used them on Ivor or Gabby.
Speaker 2: This is interesting because you are a producer, so like you were like, actually like in a producer, ryanes Nut.
Speaker 4: You see me when my gears click, And I was like, wait, there is a chance that Gabby's a trader. That was because at that point she was like the person I trusted the most, So then all of a sudden I was like, oh, there's a one person chance that I can't trust her, which is like screwing me up now. So towards the end, Gabby, Iver and Dolores, like I trusted them all a lot, but I probably would have ended the game with Gabby. People think that's like hindsight of me saying that, But Gaby and I were working together to get Danielle out, and like after that, Krashelle bo I was very much like supporting Gabby in that way, and she was supporting me.
Speaker 1: WHOA, well, how like when did the actual show? Not the airing of the show, When did the actual show? When did you finish filming?
Speaker 4: Like June June of last year?
Speaker 1: Maybe no, Yeah, so you just go back home and like just like living your normal life. Yeah, and so it premiered the following year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I saw it. I just recently saw my first post after it was like the season is going to be so good, and it was like me in the sun with my dog. I was like, yeah, that sounds about right, Like I just wanted to get in the sun. It was like the start of summer. I was like, let's get back into my normal life.
Speaker 1: And you're not allowed to tell anybody what happened.
Speaker 4: Obviously, Yeah, I'm not supposed to at all, Like I probably told my closest people. But then it's also like you don't know at that point, like no one unless you love the show, they don't. There's no following yet.
Speaker 1: For the right, right, yeah right.
Speaker 4: And then the cool part is wants to show starts. No one wants to know. They don't want to get spoiled. Yeah, yeah, right, that's fair, which is so cool because I would I would think it's the opposite, like you're sucked in. You're like, tell me if Danielle leaves this week. I'm telling you. Nobody wants to know. They like say no spoilers, no spoilers.
Speaker 1: And then you guys did the reunion I'm assuming after it aired.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the reunion fresh, Yeah, the reunion we had. We were watching in real time, so we hadn't seen the last three episodes, and we watch all the three episodes before the reunion, but like a lot of us were watching on two x speed, like trying to. I had a pack day that day. It was like I had two hours to watch it, so I was brushing through it.
Speaker 2: When so you go, it's so interesting because I don't think people can grasp the concept. Like obviously you've had experience in the public eye with your brother and and being a producer, and but such a small glimpse of it in terms of the attention being on you. So you go on the show that's like massively popular. You don't know how you're going to be perceived, You don't know how it's gonna be edited. You just know like what you did while you were there. And then the show comes out and he's like the baby girl. You're so baby girl. Everyone's like Dylan Efron's baby girl, and everyone's like obsessed with you?
Speaker 5: Is he single? What's his deal?
Speaker 4: Yeah? What you said? I have no idea.
Speaker 1: You had idea you were acting so baby girl. I know you're the definition. Like if you ask Chattibt, who is baby girl?
Speaker 5: Like your photos there, tell me I didn't know what that meant. Like a week ago, so I watched a month ago. Okay, yeah, like a month ago.
Speaker 4: I watched the movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think very different.
Speaker 4: Different my honest answers, I didn't know. And even in the Castle, again it's my first show, I felt like I didn't have any weight there. So I felt like a lot of times, I was the one that would like I'm starving and I'm like, I need food right now. Everyone's like, why didn't you ask for food. I'm like, I didn't know you could. Like it was such a new learning experience for me that I had no idea. So I'm watching with America the first episode and I'm like, I'm told of my friends. I'm like, dude, I'm not going to be in the beginning of the show. I was like, I really am going to come on strong. Later, I was like, I'm not going to be in this first episode. And all of a sudden, I see me with like a bunch of confessionals. I'm like, oh God, I'm like, why are they featuring me so much? And so I wasn't expecting it.
Speaker 2: I wasn't because you didn't think they were going to feature you because you won.
Speaker 4: There's such cool personalities on there, they're not going to focus on me. I didn't know what to do in the confessionals. I'm like look staring at the wall, being like, what am I supposed to talk about? And then they're using them. So it was a surprise to me. It really was.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 4: I really thought I was going to I have like the sam as Gary Ark where I was very quiet and didn't speak a lot, and then towards the end I got vocal.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, I mean it feels like I didn't get to know him at all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that was kind of a strategy. Oh yeah, he wanted to fly under the radar and he did.
Speaker 1: Yeah he did a little too much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a little too much.
Speaker 1: I would have liked a little more from them.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So we were talking about how the casting producer also does Dance with the Stars. Is that a reality show that you would ever participate in.
Speaker 4: I would need to do my research the same same way I do with my research on traders, just because I like, look, my brand is I love doing things to make me uncomfortable, learning new things and stuff like that. So I love that aspect of it. But dancing on stage is so not what I do. I'm like, it was my first reality show, was my first time, Like I was such a shy, bashball kid like, so to go dance in front of a live audience, it would my heart would be pounding through my chest. But yeah it sounds fun.
Speaker 2: I mean, like, I can't think of a more potting yourself out there experience.
Speaker 4: Yes, so I look, I don't want to say no at all, but it would it would be a lot for me. I'd have to be rid.
Speaker 1: Do you have like the reality show bug? Now? Like do you want are you already thinking about like what you want to do next in that regard.
Speaker 4: Reality and and and just anything? Like I like, yeah, I've always been open, like I want cool experiences, like I've even been open, like I said, I've been on one audition in my life, like I am down to like I had a lot of fun doing that, So I'm down to go try it, try my hand to acting, see if I can do that. I just want to keep pushing myself and see what I'm capable of. So I'm always down for shows like if I can go and have a Like playing games as a kid is what I've did was my favorite things I'm not going to do as an adult. It's like the best job in the world.
Speaker 2: Well, you mentioned Survivor as a show that you loved. Now having done Traders, would you consider doing a survivalist show like that?
Speaker 4: I would. I think I think like Survivor level Survivor is like so easy for me, Like same with special forces like I can, I can do that stuff easy alone, like something or like naked and afraid. Those would kick my ass and I'm like, not afraid to say it. I used to be a dirt bag. I'm a little I'm not so much anymore.
Speaker 2: It's like as you get older, I feel like our brains start to like develop and be like is that safe?
Speaker 5: Is that comfortable?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: And it's just like the bug bites like I have. I know a friend that went on that show and her legs are still scarred to this day, making an afraid. Yeah, she is gnarly scarring from all the bugs. And at that point, I'm like, no, I don't I probably wouldn't do alone. I don't know. I don't want to go live in Alaska for the Yeah, I love my life.
Speaker 1: I feel like Survivor doesn't do they only do They don't do any sort of like celebrity seasons, which I think is a miss. If anybody watching knows anybody at Survivor, I feel like they're missing that element because I feel like it'd be so cool if they had like a celebrity season.
Speaker 4: I think they used to do celebrity Big Brother, and they don't eveno, yeah, or.
Speaker 2: If like the Ogs could bring someone like Boston Rob could like season fifty thering coach.
Speaker 1: Who from this cast from Traders have you like kept really close contact.
Speaker 4: With But like I was just golfing last yesterday with Boston Rob in Florida, So of course Boston Robb Sam. The hard part is, like I'm so it's a weird part about social media, Like that's where I make my living, that's what I what I do, and so I'm it's such a blessing to be that I have friends all over the world. Like one of my best friends lives in the Bahamas, so it's like I don't see him more than once or twice a year. One of my best friends lives in the Philippines, so it's like I have really good friends all around the world, so I don't see them that much, but they're really close. That's how this cast is with me. Like the ones that are in LA, I've seen Sam quite quite often. I stay in touch with Tom. I was just with Gabby in New York. So like the people that live in LA, I'm going to see more than anyone else, but I'm friends with all of them. Really, it's such Yeah, it's the best part of the show.
Speaker 2: I feel like y'all had y'all's cast had like a really close dynamic. Yeah, you can tell that y'all actually enjoyed each other for the most part.
Speaker 4: That's the beauty. We didn't have our phones. All we have is each other. There's a lot of downtime where you're just learning about each other's lives.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you so you said on another podcast that you are in a relationship but you keep it private. Did she have a hard time with you being gone? Was that the longest y'all have been apart?
Speaker 4: We used to do longest since so she's later she was she pushed me to do the show because she's said that like, like from my social media, you can't really get my personality. And she was like, if you ever put your person personality out there on one of these shows, people fall in love with you the way that I fell in love with you. But I've always been a little more hesitant to do that. So she pushed me to do it, and so, yeah, she loved it.
Speaker 5: What a gal.
Speaker 2: She's like, listen to the whole world's about the fall mom with my man, but.
Speaker 5: Let them mel Robbins.
Speaker 1: It's so true. Actually, I feel like I started to like find out about you. I don't remember how many years ago it was, but Jason Kennedy.
Speaker 4: Are you still Forry Fords him? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I love Jason Okay, okay, yeah he and I was like, oh my gosh. And then I think idea. I was like, he's like into like extreme sports and like that, which.
Speaker 4: I'm sure is like totally.
Speaker 1: But like you really are just like this like kind of like America sweetheart in a way.
Speaker 4: I'll take it.
Speaker 5: I'm serious.
Speaker 2: Well, you were saying before the podcast started that you you did van life, but you've since retired van line.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've got an apartment. That was what I did with my prize money. Is I've been living in a one bedroom like by the beach, but it's like it was a small spot. And then I got like a nice home like not I didn't buy it, but I'm renting like a night my first nice home with a dishwasher like so yeah, I'm very much not van lifing. I use it as my daily driver, whipping around Los Angeles in a big Sprinter van.
Speaker 5: Yeah that's tough.
Speaker 4: And a week in Warrior, like I love that's if I'm in La for over a week, I'm going out to Joshua Tree, I'm going into the desert and high lining or rock climbing.
Speaker 5: So wow, just like an adventure, is your.
Speaker 1: Girlfriend also adventury? Does she like to rock climb and stuff or like is it like opposite to tract?
Speaker 4: No, she does. She does do it, but she's not the one that's like I'm bringing her to do it with.
Speaker 1: Me, like she is doing it with you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she won't say no, but it's not like she would be rock climbing by herself.
Speaker 5: Definitely, she's not leaving you on the weekend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's she's happy to stay at home a lot of times, but if she can go, Like I just went rock climbing with her and Joshua Tree, and I was like, that's when it's fun for me too, because like I get to see her and she's scared and she's trying her hardest, saying she can't do it, and then she did it, and it's like I like, if I would have just done that alone, it's not that fun. I see all that she went through and it's like such a fun experience.
Speaker 2: That's so nice. Did she do van life with you. No, Oh that sounds cool. I mean.
Speaker 5: Beautiful adventures you.
Speaker 4: Learn, Like I got pretty OCD when I was living in the van. It's like because it's just such a small spot, so you have to be organized with all your things in there. You have to be imagine someone like walking in with muddy shoes into your living room and it's like stuff like that, you get really OCD. And it was before we had like all the van lifers now have Wi Fi with the starlink, Like that's a game changer. Like if I had starlink back in the day, I probably would have got over to Connecticut and just driven across the US.
Speaker 2: Wait, but I have a question, So do you feel like most like, did you have OCD tendencies in terms of keeping things clean before van life?
Speaker 4: No, it creates it. I think it created it is that common. Maybe it's just easier to ignore when you have more space, interesting, you have more clutter and stuff like that. You really strip down your life. It's like you need ten shirts, you need ten pair of pants. That's a lot less than that, and so it really you really stripped down only two essentials.
Speaker 2: It's fun when you were growing up watching your brother who was like such a massive star. Did you ever think like I want that or did it almost make you go in another direction?
Speaker 4: Oh? Yeah, I was the opposite again, like we were so different. Yeah. I was such a shy kid and like all I loved was sports and like the Labrador retriever, so like I just wanted to be with my friends and learn new sports like rock climbing, do all that stuff. So like the fame and all the Hollywood never really I got to experience it through my brother, which is the coolest way. Like I went to Red Carpets when I was twelve or something and like saw it, saw it all was like, yeah, my friends are cooler.
Speaker 5: You're like this don't impress me much. Did did he know?
Speaker 2: Like did you tell him when you got back to tell him you won?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Well so we were in the castle and the castle. Yeah, and there's like when you do confessionals, you're in an empty room staring at a wall, and then I hear like the people talking to me, They're like, so your brother just had his premiere And I was like, oh cool, I had no idea, like, no outside thing. He's like and he was telling everybody that he thinks you're gonna win, Like, how does that feel now that you're in the final six and your brother is saying that without any context? I was like, oh, like I'm not surprised, Like he's always had my back since they won, so he knows how competitive.
Speaker 1: Way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he probably felt so validated, like I knew it.
Speaker 4: Oh he's He's also pushed me to do shows like Survivor too, and like, yeah, he's a way pushed me to do that stuff.
Speaker 5: So I love that.
Speaker 2: So what's next in your in your career path? Because I feel like I kind of feel like you're up for anything and everything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's just fun.
Speaker 1: Do you have it lined up? Like do you know what's coming next?
Speaker 4: Like what I've been focusing on the background the most was like a travel show like that was always my dream was to do like a Dirty Jobs with Mikero, like that style of show. And that's why I like on my YouTube channel, I have like those documentaries of me going to Guyana and like doing going to a foreign country and like doing something really fun that the audience can see. So like that's always been my goal and my dream. If I can do that for a living, it's incredible, go travel, learn new hobbies, stuff like that. Now it's opened the door to new opportunities, Like I can have that travel show, but I could also maybe get in a cool movie, and I can also do another show that I've watched since I was a kid. So it's like I'm just open. I want to I want to take my time to think about what I want to do the most and go for that.
Speaker 2: So what do you want to Because you've produced your show, your YouTube and stuff, would you want to be in the show?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, yeah, Like I like a down to earth style. Yeah, anything like that, like a micro dirty jobs but switch it up the dangerous stops something like that. Like I would love to do that because it's way more fun when you host.
Speaker 2: If you end up doing a if you end up going into traditional acting, Do you have a dream co star that you would love to work with anyone?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Wow? No, but I would like like what I've said before, and I so believe it is like my brother's so good at what he does. Like he can play Ted Bundy, he can play the Iron Claw. He's put in It's like we all have to put in work to get good. Me Rock climbing. I sucked when I first started putting work to get good, So like jumping in, I'm not going to get casts ted Bundy. But I can play something similar to me, like put me in a rom com, put me in like a survival like, or put me in a fireman outfit. Like. I can do a lot of roles that are similar to me, and that's what would be super fun.
Speaker 2: What about a rom com were you and your brother are going after the same girl and your brothers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, mister and missus Smith, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, if you since you mentioned it, because your brother is an incredible actor. But Bob the drag Queen was infamous for saying words that made me gas out loud if he said that your brother was not a good actor. And I am curious if you could pitch what if you're like, you have to sit down and watch one movie to convince him of that.
Speaker 5: Which movie would it be?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 4: Iron Claw is the easy answer, just because he is so like that. That was an Oscar worthy performance by him, and so much goes into the oscars, like the amount of the studio is gonna like I think the Anora just paid eighteen million dollars for their Oscar run. Yeah, yeah, like it was a small movie. They weren't going to do that. Za can have a chance for an Oscar. But his performance was that level. But I would say, like Greatest Showman, like I love it. If Bob watches Greatest Showman says that was then like what what does he like?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 4: I seriously, what is he watching it that? If he watches that and says this, this movie sucks. Zach sucks as singing, Zach sucks at acting like you can't watch that movie and say that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I really don't think you could go wrong with that or Hairspray.
Speaker 4: Yeah seventeen again, Yeah my god. I mean he was the coolest person ever.
Speaker 1: If you if you could like looking back, I feel like as a viewer, like I always have these things that I pick up on with like Traders, like oh, the last two that knock aren't ever like the Traders, there's anything looking back like, you could give any advice to anybody that's going to be on the show in the future, what advice would you give them?
Speaker 4: The biggest advice I would give is to the thing that happens psychologically is that you you get a theory and then you're very willing to add to that theory, if that makes sense. So let's just take me going after Gabby for example, I had valid reasons to myself why I thought she was a trader, but now I'm looking for reasons so I'm everything she does, I'm like, oh, I was suspicious. So it's confirmation bias. Is that what that's all? So having the ability to wake up in the morning and say, Okay, I'm gonna reset myself and just listen to people, like, I know what I want to do, but I'm going to let that take a back seat to what Tom wants to do. I would like being able to like really listen to people first rather than just try to further your own agenda. And that's something I was battling out there as well, Like once I got Bob the drag Queen, I'm like, man, maybe I'm pretty good at this, and then I'm wrong. So then it's like at that point and I finally was able to do it, is be like, Okay, like I'm wrong right now, and just because I don't think Tom has been right this season so far doesn't mean that he's always wrong and I'm always right. So It's really like being able to check your ego at the door and listen. That's that's my biggest advice.
Speaker 2: That's why he's a winner, folks, the winner, Winner in America. Sweetheart, Dylan, thank you so much for taking caon.
Speaker 5: I know you are very wanted.
Speaker 2: We appreciate you driving the van over and joining us in studio.
Speaker 5: It was so great to meet. Are awesome and congratulations