Speaker 1: He is drink Chants motherfucking podcast makes know he's a legendary Queens rapper.
Speaker 2: He ain't a great as your boy in O R E. He's a Miami hip hop and ionaire one of his DJ e f N.
Speaker 3: Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And the most.
Speaker 1: Professional, unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk drink chants.
Speaker 2: Mothering every day is New Year's e. That's it's time for drink champs. Drink up, motherfuck mother.
Speaker 1: Would it could be hopefully when you should be it's your boy or one of us d j e FN and this motherfucking drink champs happy.
Speaker 2: I will make some and I swear to God, this guy we got in the building tonight.
Speaker 1: I really searched and went through his whole catalog and I couldn't find an okay record. It always was banging this record and make babies to him. No, no, no, no, I'm gonna get to that. I want to get to that. Everybody gotta make a baby behind this guy. But he makes he revolutionary. He revolutionary the hip hop to me in a way that excuse me. R and B and hip hop because he had melodies. He was right, it was almost like.
Speaker 2: He was writing it from a Rackers perspective. But there's one hundred I think he I think they're all his children. So the people don't know.
Speaker 1: Right now we are talking to the Dream and the building. How many babies you think was made to your music?
Speaker 2: He's like three million? You got got as many voted for Trump? God got me go there. So look dream, right, how did you develop that style?
Speaker 1: Because everybody is kind of somewhat mimicking what you do, Like you had melodies first in your music.
Speaker 2: You you appealed, all right, put it like this.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be honest, right, I really wasn't a big R and B fan, right, but there's certain people that's certain music.
Speaker 2: It was like they made it for me, not like you know. Like what I mean is it was easier for me to understand digest, easier for me to digest it. And you are one like I never heard a rap dream reackon ever? Thank you are you? Sure makes a noise that rapper though. My question saying so, yeah, how did so how did you develop that style? How do you think?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 5: Oh man, it's both I think I think I think most R and B at the time was more offense.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's more defense, I guess I should say.
Speaker 5: And my and my ship was just more offensive like and that's how I kind of what I feel about rap Like, I feel like it's just high power offense all the time and the repercussions after that. So if you put that in football terminologies, it's like, let's have a fifty five to fifty game, like no defense, like to say, all the ship you need to say, and yeah, you're right. A lot of that just came from where I was, from West Side Atlanta. We grew up to be inspiring, you know, rappers at the time I came to nineties was my ship so to No No from.
Speaker 2: Atlanta, Georgia popping out exactly. So you got outcasts popping.
Speaker 5: You got exactly, you got goodie mob and everybody's everybody's kind of gravitating towards this Atlanta scene. And at the time, you know, freaquently was the biggest thing, like periods because it's like the center of the culture was in Atlanta for me, and I'm this teenager young growing up.
Speaker 2: Of course I want some champagne.
Speaker 6: So so.
Speaker 2: For me, it was easy to see us.
Speaker 5: Then Jermaine do Pre started riding around in Ferraris and ship Dallas Austin was getting it at that particular. A lot of people don't even know. And and when you saw that, you know, and being on the Bible belt is where the music part comes from. Like because you're in a place where Baptist Church.
Speaker 2: Is, you know, like we have singing ch anyway.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say a lot of like l singers. I noticed they started out in like church and like choiet period the church.
Speaker 2: That's that's your trama, that's your DeLeon, that's your Champagne. Cut my head, so get ahead, continued so so.
Speaker 5: So for me, it was just more so about let me take a sip. I gotta get Let's get it right.
Speaker 2: Let's get it right.
Speaker 4: M hm.
Speaker 2: That's that leon puff got that ship, you got it right? Support black over here?
Speaker 7: What was that?
Speaker 2: Atlanta, Atlanta seen seeing the church choir, the.
Speaker 5: Church choir everybody. So everybody's in the church anyway having a Ferrari. Yeah, everybody, everybody. Because because what really happened is l A. Reed came down to Atlanta and revolutionized what the what the music scene was.
Speaker 2: He he's motherfucker Cincinnati player, but some of us know from it's from Sin, He's from sit.
Speaker 5: But he just kind of showed the culture of Atlanta, I believe, for me how to get money.
Speaker 2: That was from place. Yes, that was a place because he had an infrastructure.
Speaker 5: There wasn't a place we could just go to, you know at the time Face when he opened it up, it was like whole ship. You take the records over there. And although I was too young to take him there, still it's like a back signal in the sky.
Speaker 2: It was the only place there. So for us, that was our death jam at the time. On the face, yes, of course that was the great. Yeah, so everything Atlanta came out originally, like in the nineties was like that. The face because baby Face is from Babyface is cast, came out through the fast, came out through the face.
Speaker 5: Goodie mob man you got and then you got the people who came after that. You got the T I S and I to get into that, Me and Tip, but yeah, definitely yeah, yeah. So but I'm saying in my group that was my influence, you know, looking at that, and that's what Tip looked at, you know.
Speaker 2: Me and Tip went to elementary school together.
Speaker 5: So so we're we're watching this ship and saying, oh, y'all, make hold up, whoa time out. We didn't know you could make that type of money from music. You know, everybody in New York knew that already, but everybody in l A knew that.
Speaker 2: Tip seemed like he only went to English class, he said, school, I'm taking English like that. I think I think that right. But New York, you know, they had the infrastructures.
Speaker 5: Hollywood is the same way, you know, especially with television and movies.
Speaker 2: In Atlanta was just this.
Speaker 5: You know, young church going cultural black thing happening. And we just found out that motherfuckers can get ferraris for for singing and dancing out.
Speaker 2: So let's go.
Speaker 1: I believe that the first time like people got to see your personality, like to show that you was hood was a time where you and.
Speaker 2: Jay Z accepted that and it was like you you walked up there, you.
Speaker 5: Were just like man, definitely like you, and the whole literally a slight joke, gotta be good.
Speaker 2: But he said, I like to think the swamp meat.
Speaker 5: And and that's the and that's the crazy thing about like me and his relationship that grew, you know, from a certain from from Umbrella, you know, that grew into this thing that that it's hard to think that, you know, I'm not really the the like this is my guy you look on Instagram. I'm not like every time I with Jaylen's stefy time, you know, I'm not. I'm not referring to him all the time. So so it's a little bit different. So when, of course, when we first said, everybody's like, damn though, you know, take us.
Speaker 2: I bet you like that, like that's whole, that's whole walk. Oh yeah, exactly. I'm like I probably had that coming from like five jokes ago.
Speaker 1: But you know, I seen whole one day and Hope just stopped me when he came out here, Diggles there whole said I.
Speaker 2: Would ask you how you're doing, but your glasses say it all.
Speaker 1: And I said, that was some funny shot. I didn't say it as good as he said it, but it was like, he's really a funny guy.
Speaker 5: I think you the humor at the top is there, like I think all of us are just you just naturally have to gravitate to a place, you know, ships sucked up.
Speaker 2: Out of here. So it's like you know, you better have something an album also a little she.
Speaker 1: Made me feel bad for every relationship ever did in life, and I just wanted to call people and apologize.
Speaker 2: But she's talking about allot.
Speaker 1: While you crying. She's like she can say he records like she was like the way she was breaking down, she's like she was hurt.
Speaker 2: And it just made me think of that did in the past, like four years ago, and I still just want to say I'm sorry, Like are you over there? Took? It's R and B as you said earlier, defense, defensive, offensive, offensive, and so do you think because like because like it was like I remember at one point, like Mary J.
Speaker 1: Blize for example, Like as soon as you heard her go through tragedy, everybody would say the album gonna be fire, Like do an R and B person have to go through drama in order for the music to be like that?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 5: Speaking for myself as a songwriter, and I have to say that, like it doesn't matter which genre. MA like, it's it's a it's an animal that's hard to attain because we constantly need things to fuel that, you know, inspiration, Yeah, yeah, And it's it's hard because you know, On one hand, you're having you know, people wanting you to live everyday life the exact same way, and then your life changes in multiple ways. First of all, you learn things that are that are different, even just from one stretch, going from oh, when I grew up, I was in Baptist Church, and now I'm questioning everything, everything that everybody does.
Speaker 2: But that's the writer in me.
Speaker 5: Like, and when you write, you don't you're basically you're basically inventing. The words are invented, the scenarios and all of the things that you're talking about is being invented. So you have to invent those situations to even talk about. Or you can talk about some ship that's old, which then somebody else's strategy. But but I think it's such a it's such a hard animal, you know, to tame, like like really, you know, I say that with the utmost respect for all the great writers. They have to go through, You have to go through something. You see these movies, you know it's all inspired by something. Yeah, well, you can't want, you know, the heart and soul from somebody without them pouring out the best because of pain.
Speaker 2: Of course, how did you write Umbrella? It was just raining man, no umbrella. You was like, Man, I definitely bought after that.
Speaker 1: It don't so because like that always amazes me. You know, one, I know about all the most of the songwriter you do. And and for you to step out yourself and jump into another artist song.
Speaker 2: Not only just any artists of the friend sex. Man, how do you do that?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 5: You know it's it's I'm like ninety nine people. My my wife witnesses it all the time. I know she doesn't really admit it. I know I can be Beyonce when I wake up, I'm Rion about three o'clock, I'm Jay and pushing about seven or eight, and then nine I'm Celene the then twelve, Like, let's write.
Speaker 2: You ever Kanye West? Oh, if you ever went Kanye West? Of course.
Speaker 1: It's a joke because because someone said that everybody I was trying to you know, it didn't work, It didn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But so how did you get that? As on? Like what was you doing? I think it was just the I think it was just time.
Speaker 5: You know, I had my first daughter at that time, and I think it was time for me to start fucking and fucking around and playing with myself and where I needed.
Speaker 2: To go and I just turned on a different thing.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: It's just like a It's like a switch. Just I knew how to do what I needed to do.
Speaker 5: But I've always is done better with pressure, and that song was just out of pure pressure in life and not really just about being broken not having certain things. You know, I was okay then I had I can say that I had a music career at that particular point in time.
Speaker 2: I was getting the game.
Speaker 5: Yeah it's a writer. I was getting checked out of the game. I had a publishing deal. But it was just one of those things where it clicked and and when you can see it, it's almost like having an out of body experience.
Speaker 2: I watched myself walk in and write that record, and you no.
Speaker 5: The record was wrote originally for Britney Spears. If anybody remembers the Umbrella incident, I think it was. I don't know if she was If.
Speaker 2: Britney Spears would have fit on Umbro who She's gonna put on? Because she who would?
Speaker 5: But you worked on Britain That's where it came from. I worked on a record called Me Against the Music that featured Madonna at the time.
Speaker 2: Earlier on so We're so happy for you. Brother Michael Jackson did the moonwalk in the session. Hilarious.
Speaker 3: No, but but I was.
Speaker 2: It was already a relationship there. So in this game, you know, the best chance to be in Brittany Spears record, to be on the record.
Speaker 5: Oh, that's a whole another thing. And I sent it in a person that is my good friend. Now I won't throw her under the bus, but she just I sent it to Brittany's people, and one of the people who got the record actually is a good.
Speaker 2: Friend of mine. Now we work really really close. But at that time told me wasn't a hit record. That was the word I got back. I wasn't a hit She's not there, he's probably not gonna get that's my boot and and it just grew on from there. I'm like, fuck that.
Speaker 5: I don't know what she's talking about. She's smoking something like she's high, or she's in fear of losing her job.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it is.
Speaker 5: And literally after that the record was heard. It's kind of crazy how this story happened. Me and Tricky Stewart did the record, but the record got from Atlanta. It was just a peep of it and got heard at death Jam by La Reed, and he sent a good friend of mine now her name is Karen Quaark down down to retrieve the record. She's like, who the fuck is right this shit?
Speaker 2: Who is it?
Speaker 5: And at the time, you know, I was the young guy, didn't have no super big placement, so nobody knew who the fuck I was, you know, really just people in the city, of course, people in the studio where we were working at in Atlanta.
Speaker 2: But that record, of course went from there to La and Karen saying, you know who.
Speaker 5: This record would be great on Rihanna, and the record got played, and I guess she heard about the record at a certain point in time. She's out at the Grammys that year earlier in two thousand and seven, and she.
Speaker 2: Heard about the record.
Speaker 5: I guess she had heard it, but we had not cut the record yet, and she walked up to my manager and said, that's my fucking record.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, Rihanna, just like that, that's my fuck. You can't Indian girl, just don't don't do it.
Speaker 5: Of Course, when I heard that she said that in that way, I was like, Yeah, that's the motherfucker that should have had a record attitude.
Speaker 2: You said you got it, and I was already kind of following her. She she already had a couple of records that that I felt were great. This record was going to go that that that far, how big was gonna be?
Speaker 5: I think, I think timing is all based on a certain math that we can never really solve. You know, lightning in the bottle. Things happened for you, and it's a blessing that those things are out of your control. You know, the only thing you can do is be prepared. So I was prepared for the moment.
Speaker 2: But to say I knew exactly what it would do.
Speaker 5: I knew what it was, you know, I said that about it was a good record, and I knew it was a better than good record.
Speaker 2: I knew it was a great record. But ship happens, man, people ship shot.
Speaker 5: Tim crazy stupid videos to certain songs that I had rolled the ship out the wrong way, and you're like, what the fuck?
Speaker 8: You know, there's other there's other things that are coming, other forces that come into you have a.
Speaker 2: Roller record, And it was like me, take my ship back like a roller record.
Speaker 1: For somebody, because I ain't gonna That's why I can't write ship with nobody.
Speaker 2: I'm taking my back. I don't should have been doing this came out to be a hit, and I find the reason.
Speaker 9: I like the person you.
Speaker 2: Before like I didn't want to. I didn't want to do it with the person. Get hit the notes right or something. Hit the notes the notes. I don't know where he took you. Don't don't wake my good. I'm trying to trying to stay right there. Made the record, and you wrote it for them and then wrote it for him, which was Jamie Fox.
Speaker 5: At the time, there was a record called Rocking that Ship.
Speaker 2: Rocking that Ship. Yeah, he so rocked that Ship.
Speaker 5: So it just turned into one of those things where I wrote it for him and he was like, I think I did like six records on that album.
Speaker 2: The first single ended up being Blaming, which was which was a.
Speaker 5: Record that was an interpolation of I Love Your Girl, which is my older record at the time. So I'm happy either way, like okay, and he's like, this record is cool, but dream I need a dream record.
Speaker 2: I need a dream. I'm like this that new ship, like do this.
Speaker 5: She's like, nah, I'm good, and so I was kind of happy. He said, nah, I'm good, and that she was my first eigga.
Speaker 2: The just make some noise with dream being like me exactly what I'm exactly like a good night. So what's it like being in a session with Kanye.
Speaker 5: For me?
Speaker 2: Pretty pretty tame?
Speaker 5: Yeah, pretty tame is you know, everybody has these, you know and Bengals and elephants.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: People just have different ideas about people, you know, and I think you know, some real nigga ship. It's just one of the things that when you people, you people, you know, everybody has their their ups, their downs and ship that they go through. But most of all, I think when you're talking about the creators, they're pretty they're pretty loved, you know, individuals.
Speaker 2: By all of us. And it's love coming back, you know, our way.
Speaker 5: So when I'm with Kanye, like, I don't see any thing other than greatness, you know, and what he's trying to get done. Like, I don't see any other noise, any other ship, you know, Noise may happen after that, but for me, we on one, we like lots of synergy between y'all. Yeah, we walk in and we get the ship done, you know. And and it's been days or we've been nights being off flowing out to Paris, and we didn't do ship for like.
Speaker 2: Three four days, and I'm just, you know, cargo exactly.
Speaker 6: Past.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm a different type of person in past out there right now. He snails, which eats and pasts and it's fantastic next to be saying he had a baker baking b so single ladies because that's a super Girl record and what else.
Speaker 5: At that time, this was the easiest one. Yeah, what else would be Yon be singing about.
Speaker 2: To all my single ladies? Is that the way you looked at it? And she was in a relationship.
Speaker 5: Nobody knew if Jay was there, y'all don't know what it was on tour at the time with Jay and Mary. I was opening up for Jay and Mary on the tour and I remember Jay coming in and he's like, y'all need you need you.
Speaker 2: Doing right with my girl?
Speaker 5: And I was like, all right, cool, bet it's nothing. The next thing that popped up is oh cool. So you know, you're like an investigator. You're just reporting the news, like okay, nobody really knows if you, like, you should have put a ring on. It could have meant a whole bunch of shit to a lot of people. It's a coffee I call it a coffee table conversation. It was just one of those things that was an obvious theme to write, like and you know, you didn't see the ring until the video.
Speaker 2: I was just like, Oh cool, I'm gonna set all this ship up.
Speaker 5: And so yeah, what bet a public way to say, oh yeah, we actually together together musical teams.
Speaker 2: It's a real moment. That is a real moment. That's pretty cool. And you it's like it's like Jay just continues to work with you, like they all.
Speaker 1: Like one of the craziest masterminds in the world knows that you're the.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, Like, that's that's all. That's that's what, That's what kind of matters to me.
Speaker 5: The most of what I do with the people I respect and that I work with, is that the greatest people who are doing the ship knows, like we think we finished with the album, No we're not call that nigga, even if you just got to come listen to it, even if he adds four bars or he adds three hooks, so a whole song, make sure we call him. And that's I take the most pride in that because that's that's just more more important, you know, to meds are like, yo, like.
Speaker 2: That's the guy. Yeah, yeah, that's that's the way more important than me, you know.
Speaker 5: And I've literally sacrificed a certain I guess you can say shimmer on my own armor because of that, you know, because I I will take that back seat to things that I feel like that are more important to me, are more important to the world, that they get a certain thing out.
Speaker 2: Now justin Bieber, Oh yeah, vote four. His first single was the first thing. No, that was not It wasn't. I was wrong. Okay, I'm glad you feel like it is feel I feel like that birth to you. I feel like you birth to them.
Speaker 1: I'm just giving you the proper dream. Just roll with it, Okay, before.
Speaker 2: We just beaber. This is tiger Ball, this is spoiled so sauce, this is nothing supposed to be drinking right now because this is it's a tradition with the show.
Speaker 1: This go go with my oxy code, because I don't think nothing here goes with spe Okay, well let's try.
Speaker 2: Let's see what happened gold On.
Speaker 1: We gott to toast the South, and when you toasted all night tonight, we are celebrating the dream.
Speaker 2: We respect you. You are actually first R and B.
Speaker 1: By itself because we did have Drew Hill right, but they came they was putting you in.
Speaker 6: That was Hill.
Speaker 2: In Corrupt Dance. We had the last episode and through jew Hill in there. It was awkward, but we made it work. But we made it work. But tonight we are saluting who I considered the new r G king RNG that I consider him the king. I consider him the.
Speaker 1: Person that's shape and mold with music sounds like today, and we're gonna salute that tonight.
Speaker 2: Let's make some noise to take it.
Speaker 1: He just died.
Speaker 2: It's hard. Did that go? Yeah, you're gonna write seven songs?
Speaker 1: And man, now now.
Speaker 2: We're gonna go back to just and let me go back to Justin Bieber. You want me to go back after that? There's some country ship right here.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 2: This is the fucking grits. We've never that good with pancakes. Let's go good with grits. I've never heard that. What didro say? It tastes like she said, betting pemper Steine girl like that. Don't take later on we'll go build up to it. So who was your funnest session. The first sing with my sexual Reaction is first. Gotta gotta go through. What was your favorite session you ever had? Like you just walked in and.
Speaker 1: Everything was perfect, whether it be you producing, writing all your own sessions.
Speaker 5: Man, the favorite session I walked in was the no Church in a Wild session. No Church Wow, Yeah, that was my favorite session Church.
Speaker 2: And that's the one with Frank Ocean No.
Speaker 5: No, he wrote his own part, okay, but that was the That was the best one that record because that was based off if you don't know the backstory now.
Speaker 2: At the time, I couldn't say what the.
Speaker 5: Backstory was because it was a huge deal of what was happening. But at the at the time, Jay and Kanye were finishing up watching The Throne and we were listening to it in Paris.
Speaker 2: And you know it easy, there's yeah, but we kind of threw a monkey wrench in that.
Speaker 5: I came home because I felt like they had the album and they were kind of done with you know what it was, and I wrote Holy Grail at the time and sitting it back to Jay, so I said I said that back to Jay as they're finishing up, because I just wanted to get ahead and just start working on what his next ship was.
Speaker 2: I knew Stones was with justin Timberlake, right that was a that was Washington. Okay, okay, okay, So.
Speaker 5: I said the record, Jay, here's the bag, y'all man, it's my first single.
Speaker 2: Home name my album that b B.
Speaker 5: I was like, all right, cool back, let me know when it's time to cut. I'm in Newport Beach, California. I got a nice boat out there.
Speaker 2: It feels good.
Speaker 5: I'm out there writing some ship. I feel lovely, phones blowing up. I don't know what the fun they want on the East Coast. I'm in on the suns and I'm like, nah, dog, I ain't got time for it.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 5: I get a call from my good friend Schacka Pilgrim's a homie.
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 5: Shaka calls me, I need you at the mercer in New York right now. It's like, no, let me think I'm play golf at six a m. So I'm good, like I'm gonna just stay right here. I'm having a good time.
Speaker 2: You play golfice make some more. That's that's more.
Speaker 10: So.
Speaker 5: I don't want to leave, of course, like my boogys, so so I'm asking what the deal is.
Speaker 2: She won't tell me over the phone, like what's going on? So I kind of get a little sideways idea about what's going on.
Speaker 5: It's like, Yo, Jay played Kanye Holy Grail and Kanye asked me to put on Wash the Throne.
Speaker 11: He was like, nah, I'm.
Speaker 2: Good, I'm gonna keep this on my album. You said we was doing that album, you know, x y Z.
Speaker 5: And so what happened from that is, of course I flew into you know, I flew into New York and and the main thing was, Oh, we need you to write another Holy Girl. And Jay's like, yeah, He's gonna go out to the trunk, getting out of the trunk and just ring it upstairs boars and even me, as as confident as I am, I was thinking the same thing, like, yeah, this ship ain't just in my back pocket, Like that's that's that's the one that done right there?
Speaker 2: You want to go back to West Coast.
Speaker 5: So short the long story short, I went in it was working on No Church in a while. He was like, Yo, I need you to put something on this record. I went in the next room, blah blah blah blah. Didn't think nothing of it and me, Jay and Leonardo DiCaprio at that time went went.
Speaker 2: Man, what it's like, it's just talk.
Speaker 12: Sorry, we didn't win the ground in summer sets when it grab something to eat.
Speaker 2: Man, I never heard.
Speaker 5: About the regular again after I put something on No Church in a While at that time, and I get a phone call like months later and shotus on the phone was like, yeah, so you don't watch the Throne.
Speaker 2: I was like, no, you're talking about Jay. Shit.
Speaker 5: It's like, I'm not donna watch the Throne. Like I just did a listening in New York. You don't fucking watch the Thrones.
Speaker 2: Like, no, I'm not.
Speaker 5: You know, Jay just recited your whole verse on No Church in a While. You're definitely gonna watch the Throne. It was like, what is he talking about? I have forgot that I did this piece of the song that Kanye ended up keeping.
Speaker 2: Just forget about it. So initially it wasn't even credit on there like for it.
Speaker 5: It was just it was just this part, you know that because everybody was thinking the same thing, like no, that's just Kanye and Jay and Frank Ocean and then you know, later on of course put it together. But that was the best session I walked into because it took me about maybe six minutes to do that part and I.
Speaker 2: Got a Grammy for it.
Speaker 4: So it's like, can you say it again? Six minutes and the Grammy, So the best six minutes.
Speaker 2: I spent so much time. You mother is taking all your time. Six minutes is on your head, your taking all your.
Speaker 5: First picking hilarious. No, That's why that's the best session in my lifetime to date.
Speaker 2: It was just so easy.
Speaker 5: Over there, I'm like, oh cool, we did, Like this is great.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking that nothing.
Speaker 5: Come on, what's art of the cap doing that? Mother probably had no idea who the funk I was and he was like you just get you, yes, buddy, change guy. I guess yeah, you'd be surprised. You'd be surprised they know who you are.
Speaker 2: Can you turn humble? But are you on drink champs? We don't get to be not humble for you. We beat you up all that? All right, this is what we do over here. Other We like to respect our artists.
Speaker 1: We look at our artists like they superheroes, and we want the world to look at look at our artists like superhero because that's true.
Speaker 2: What we do.
Speaker 1: We sacrifice our life. Thank you every day. You know you don't stop being an artist. You always being an artist every time. So let me ask you what that me has said. You have an experience of writing and producing. You produce too as well, actually make the bbs and artists. If you had a chance to do it all over, what's your experience now?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: With all the experience now you working with everybody from everybody's everybody, and you had.
Speaker 2: A chance to do it all over, and you could pick one, writing.
Speaker 4: Or like.
Speaker 2: No, no, writing or being an artist? What would you pick? What's your biggest high writing? Writing more than being in front of I don't expect that, expect expressing your own writing.
Speaker 5: No, no, because writing just touches more people like It's like the spiderweb of effective. When you're an artist, everything is mostly singular. You have an ideas you, this is what people think of you, and this is how it's just gonna sound when it comes out based on you. Right, when I'm writing, I get to be celene one day and I get to be somebody else.
Speaker 2: You say he could be celene Yah, right, and he didn't even hit up with the d on. That's how you know, you know.
Speaker 1: And now now, so how do you write for Justin Bieber? How do you how do you because he's a kid at the time, correct, he's a kid. His baby, his baby right right, baby baby.
Speaker 2: Some played that record so much probably you know the record more thing, so how do you get in that? Like, because that's what I'm saying, that's the psycho part.
Speaker 1: The record was actually a grown man record, but it was appropriate for the youth, Like how could you balance that?
Speaker 2: To be weak?
Speaker 5: I was just trying to figure out how to talk to a not figure out I remember how to talk to a girl when I was sixteen. So it was just about saying something that I felt like he needed to say to be cool and what like, Because there's a point where, you know, especially young acts like they don't think about you have to sing this song if you can't do a version of this song ten years from that point. And I try to think about that when I'm working with younger with younger artists, like yo, yeah, you're you're eighteen, sixteen, but you need to be able to sing this song to that audience that's going to grow with you when you're twenty seven.
Speaker 8: You don't need to be the lame a superstar that age can't identify with, but you could go back and think about yourself at that age and identify with them, right, And so that's the psycho part.
Speaker 2: So that's a whole other that's a blessed that that can be unraveled.
Speaker 5: That's just something that that I have, you know, in jumping into different spaces times and moments and like even to be pushing and like just like okay, let's go like or or even wrap battling with jay on on on text like that's a you know, that's just a whole other thing, you know. But I get to beat those people and be in that place and it's kind of like why I love.
Speaker 2: It so much? Right and j text funny to hit you with like three lines and space. I mean, I'll be like, yo, he's like I gonna knock all my ship out so you don't take me.
Speaker 1: I'll be like, this is a rich text. I always saw cooking. Every time you can talk like this is rich text, I'll be having to deciphering.
Speaker 2: It's just not it's just it's.
Speaker 1: Just it's like a couple of lives and they got spaces space, and then it's more lines.
Speaker 2: Then it's space like.
Speaker 5: It's like three conversations. So he will give you like four days to answer the questions and ship.
Speaker 2: Don't hit me the next Thursday. It's ill.
Speaker 3: I look up.
Speaker 2: It's like all right, he asked everything this is I'm sorry, I was zoned out. I zoned out.
Speaker 1: So now I asked you about your best studio session or your favorite studio session.
Speaker 2: Now we know I gotta go there. What was your worst? Oh man? The hold back?
Speaker 5: Oh man, this wasn't a studio session, but the worst with a good fairy friend of mine had the worst experience.
Speaker 2: Oh ship man.
Speaker 5: Riella was on tour and we was cutting her whole album at this particular time, a whole whole album.
Speaker 2: Recording record.
Speaker 5: Okay, it was mixing, so literally after the concert, we would go backstage and cut records.
Speaker 2: She would stay in the venue. We would cut records in the venue. That's hard or the.
Speaker 1: Up and coming artists out there that think this ship is easy?
Speaker 2: Did you hear what he just said?
Speaker 1: After she performed, they went in the back and recorded the record.
Speaker 2: Can go whoa? That's dedication because me, after I get on stage, I'm going to sleep. I'm going to sleep.
Speaker 5: So so in return, God decided to figure out how boogie and weak I had gotten at this particular point in my life, because at this time I'm like, damn, there's a lot of zeros in my.
Speaker 2: Bank account, Like I feel good the word I want to go.
Speaker 5: And then you find yourself onto one of your great friends in the middle of fucking Europe, and you're like, where am I staying?
Speaker 2: Man? If you have stayed, you stayed at the Plaza Man Manhattan, and you know, you go from ship like that, You're like, all right, cool, I got out there on the road. Man, we got in this fucking hotel, the motel. I don't need this. She's just a tale. It wasn't even the more. There's just a tale. Man. I got in this move. I opened up the door. Man just swim back to me.
Speaker 5: Coming in.
Speaker 2: It was a half of a twin size dad and the heater was at the bottom. So they're trying to bury your ass up in the bed. So I'm like, so do I put that on? Or do I? Man?
Speaker 5: I slept all the poths on and had all all my face.
Speaker 2: And I've been that man going man, man I sweart.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 2: I was like oh man, I don't turn into a little bit. I used to be there.
Speaker 5: I used to be in the Atlanta niggas like we don't give a put me anyway. Nigga woke the next morning like look, boom, hey, I need you, I need you. Get me the hotel room to this and you know she the next one one city over. What was the city bay Newcastle? The next city over, that's where it made the continue. We got to that spot next after we did a show somewhere else before that, and there was two tubs in my basket bed room and I was.
Speaker 2: Like, all right, we back, bitch me back. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Listen when I I'll tell you two hotel stories. When I was coming up, we all it was no hotels. It was sold out.
Speaker 2: It's probably like one of them freaking type of things. So we went to one hotel. It was the only hotel. And we walked in and there was roaches in the hotel. And so as good as we was, we was like we gotta laat right. It was from the projects.
Speaker 8: So how you was enough?
Speaker 2: How big were they? I ain't gonna even lie to you. I just gone. I just left. I was just like I just can't do it. We're getting a little money at the times of me and going over, so.
Speaker 1: We go downstairs. We got all our clothes on. That's why it reminded me of the story. We put all our clothing like I ain't even but we still had the shower.
Speaker 2: It was enough.
Speaker 1: We had no know so we had to go to sleep, wake up, take the shower, and keep it moving. The roach is left in the morning, but at night it was day it was day block.
Speaker 2: It was day block. We had to give it to them, right. That was one story. Now we're getting money. I was getting money and a promoter.
Speaker 1: This is my man etn We're in Paris and he tries to show me. He's like, I want to show you d v B.
Speaker 2: Why don't do that ship by Why don't do that ship? Why don't mean to cut you out? I don't want to see the real fuck we all want to see ship about no real Like that's like, you don't come to Atlanta. I want to show you a real Atlanta. I'm like, no, I was gonna suck in this area and nigga, don't leave out in three on three two cents. Good, you fucked up the hotel. But it was Paris, it was culture. This was at the time.
Speaker 1: I walked in and you know, I used the bathroom and I heard Butch Rob but I knew I was on seven.
Speaker 10: He was on DJ DJ, so I was like, hell the hell out here. So I'm using the bathroom like yo, Butch, He's like, YO, know, I will sit.
Speaker 2: To calling to the more. I said, this is my nig I went to Hollywood. I went through too much, somebody, I've been through too much. He said that ship flushes at the same time, there's one flush for the whole building. I'm terrible. I was like, and I t having did. I was like, this doesn't mean nothing at this moment, you now, I mean, I'm crazy. I can hear and then it's crazy. The we talking a nigga played music. It's like I was dead, which I'm I'm zowned out. But this is the same we went through the ground. I didn't. I didn't think I.
Speaker 10: Went through the ground.
Speaker 2: You already been in the ground. I'm good.
Speaker 5: I woke up, went to school, damn bodies and creek like, I'm good. I was dumb past. I was past the Grinds Park and it was just one of those realizations like, yo, man, you got a lot of great ship going on. I need you to remember what the funk you came from. It was just one of those days, and I remember that, and I stayed in the luxury sweet.
Speaker 2: Today's day that was back. I was fine, easy in my mind. I don't want to see the real nothing of nothing like, no, I don't see that. That's just you already done that, like when you're there. You don't want to see the real ship. I want to see this ship, Trojiany. We grew out of that.
Speaker 5: We grew out of the exactly have you ever like Michael Jackson, No crazy story I got for you.
Speaker 2: Mother, Let's go. I got crazy shot before crazy after hold on, were gonna do a shot up. I don't know if you'll cut yours.
Speaker 6: You can do the.
Speaker 2: Damn you don't want to do it. We gotta.
Speaker 6: Do it.
Speaker 2: Everybody that we don't want to do it. Everybody to do that, everybody, everybody, everybody to do that. Everybody gotta do a line. No no, no cocaine. That's how he messes.
Speaker 1: Job.
Speaker 2: That's been in your cup.
Speaker 13: Let's cup, that's what.
Speaker 2: Engine only you got doing. Mother lives can't drink and you passed me. I can't wait for two lives. O my god, and we Miami.
Speaker 5: I know the dog's coach right now, he's trying a great cloud.
Speaker 2: Let's do this sun it to him. I'm gonna forget the story. What was the story?
Speaker 14: Let's not forget Jackson. Michael Jackson. Michael Jackson. Okay, he never met him, but he met him. Oh is it like the way I think I.
Speaker 2: Bet Michael Jackson. Yeah, I need this Michael Jackie story. It's terrible. Now you're drinking champagne. That's champagne to wash it down? What's this blue? Let me smacker?
Speaker 5: Yes, it helps get the get your sus is right. Yeah, for the lines. Saw him in Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Mike is working. I started making I May Love Hate and.
Speaker 5: Studio in Vegas at the poems at the time when the poem was copping, and I had a certain type of magic there. But Michael Jackson was working in.
Speaker 2: The same studio. You know, some people knew, some people didn't know. Whatever.
Speaker 5: Good friend of mine's Pat Thrall is there with Michael cutting a record, just just cutting the record.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the record was. He hits us on the phone. Yeah, I mean, I don't know what that story. You know, that's not a part story.
Speaker 5: So Michael hits us back in Atlanta, I mean not Michael throw it back and and then like yo, y'all bro, and if you know this guy is such a sweet guy, Joe.
Speaker 2: Bro Bro brow gets who the fuck is in here?
Speaker 6: Like, well not me?
Speaker 2: So fucking Michael Jackson's in her right now.
Speaker 5: We're like, well, he working that motherfucker song cool, like that nigga in the FaceTime and some ship. Like it's like, yo, bro, he's singing your ship right now. Listen, oh ship, this motherfucker Mike is in the background singing.
Speaker 2: Fuck. I'm like my new nigga. And I never got a chance to meet him. And I was so pissed.
Speaker 5: I was in Atlanta, Okay, Oh my god, I blew my mind. I was like, hold this motherfucker singing. First of all that nigga, that's one ship Jackson. And so he like he's there dancing and ship in my mind, like you know.
Speaker 2: He's just chumping it out. I'm like, oh, he's doing all the ship in my ship right now. We finna get in fuck that bitch, like you know, but but that was.
Speaker 5: One of the that was that was a great Michael moment for me, even though I didn't get a chance to work with him, but that was a great one.
Speaker 2: You know my Michael story. You got a Michael I never knew you had a Michael story. No, I ain't never met him.
Speaker 1: Oh, but this is what happened when Forrell first It's super Thug My record came out and Michael Jackson called.
Speaker 2: For Rell, and Forrell made all this R and B ship for him.
Speaker 1: And maybe it's the same guy that you're talking about, because Morel called me and said, yo, I just sent a whole bunch of beasts to Michael and he called He called us back, His manager called us back and said, I don't want this ship.
Speaker 2: I want a super dug. Was cool to me, Like, how the fuck do I make it hard? You ain't getting ship from I said, well, that's why you're a good producer and I'm not. You're on your own with that one. So at my point, so you look at the motherfucker like, nah, they don't like this type of ship. Oh no, they like it. Yeah, it'd be crazy, Like yeah, it's crazy. So now how do you But now you said, fuck that nigga, So how did you break that? Like what was in your mom moment?
Speaker 5: That's the offensive part, Like that's just the that's pure rap offense, you know that.
Speaker 2: I think that running plays for right now.
Speaker 5: Like still they're like, okay, cool, we just put the melody with this shit and fuck everybody. That record wasn't about to write that was the last record on the album. Actually that record Yeah I Love your girl. La was like, YO, give me one more and that was the one more.
Speaker 2: But the original is is fuck that niggah. Yeah, definitely, we'll put you in that place all the time.
Speaker 5: I mean, you know when when women look how they look and they man, they're doing what they're supposed.
Speaker 2: To be doing, you know, coming from that space.
Speaker 1: You know, it's like he was like, you're saying, man, you know you have girls flipping on everybody in the club.
Speaker 2: I just want to throw that out there. Of course, like every time a girl was mad at the nigga in the club, they just kept ship. Came on.
Speaker 1: That was hard.
Speaker 2: I was thinking about it that way. Oh yeah, yeah, you was putting niggas on the spot. That's it came on man, You see, man, nigga's face getting read. You're like, oh it's girl.
Speaker 5: Yeah she But all the other niggas that didn't come with their girls are like, here's just good with their girls.
Speaker 2: They holding hand. Yeah, you come there with your girl. Y'all just falled in the call all the way over. Oh you fucked up? Now make up bad? Oh wow, now.
Speaker 1: You that's you, you like because my wife is a makeup artist, so you may make up that.
Speaker 2: Who was in the zone because girl tell us. I think it's just about like being honest with and it's gonna sound crazy, but it's just about that.
Speaker 5: It's just the idea that at some particular point, which is not even everycent the other day, we.
Speaker 2: All are horrors for some particular reason. Like that's just what it is.
Speaker 5: There's a there's a I'm gonna explain, there's something that you want and something that you're giving willing to give up. That's just life like period. You can classify a different way all you want to, but you know, there's there are certain songs that that still haven't came out where where I've used that analogy and then where we're just you know, all holes, we're just out here trying to get our you know, get our ship. But being pure just isn't a part of it. Like I mean, the idea that of the makeup bag itself, whether it's a Chanel bag, this bag or whatever it is, that wasn't the point. The point was what do you need me to do to make it right? Or I can't make it right? So we got to make a choice.
Speaker 2: Put that's all it is. He was out here putting pressure on niggas good making put it all the way. Five texts. First she had she had to have a great bag, just extra. I have me hes gonna have a makeup bat. Need my knee just now.
Speaker 5: Put some of this gravy on that, Chris, is that the it ain't three shot times? But this talk all this ship gravy.
Speaker 2: I mean when I come back still rest week, you forget about it. You take a call. What's going on your guys? What's going on where you are? Hello? Hello? Oh he's not Hello. That's the CEO for the Probably Records. Yeah, I know Gus. Yes, he's a great guy. So he's trying to come out here.
Speaker 1: So you just announced the title of your new album, your Ali You just called that that quick.
Speaker 2: He's like we did. Yeah, I'm on point. Give me the phone back. I got my notes on there. So what is the title? What is the title? You have the title? God damn a call.
Speaker 5: It's kind on the end of the love sequels of full length already full length. Everybody's been mad at me for like six years. And I was supposed to.
Speaker 2: Release its you to drop there.
Speaker 5: And jun Yeah, I was supposed to drop in June two thousand and twelve or eleven actually, And so even though I gave them like about four records standing there just like nah nigga with that record that like you realize it's not gonna be the same record now.
Speaker 2: But but finally I've done it and it's about about to come out. Who is this?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 2: What do you mean? Rock Nation a Rap Nations back Nation director. I mean he's rocking the change. He looked like rock Nation too. And I have my rose Goal sho, I should have my rose Goal magic.
Speaker 1: But no, I'm glad that wear my rose Gold Change the mask because you are clearly killing me.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I can look at it like that. No, No, No, that's good, that's okay. I love that I couldn't give you. I gotta step my ship up. It's all good. I am proud of everybody doing it. Let's just make it. I swow, I sna come like you. This is why we gotta make a new word. Right, nigga's like us. It's bougie, right. We like to get a good restaurant. We like to, we like to, you know, drive nice ship. But we hood so could we make hoogie? Who hoo? It's interesting. Let's go. Let's go hoosie. We're gonna make the world up right now. Your team, who know you? The teams you just go to a house. That's what I advance, actually fit into hoosie. We gotta make it up right now, dreaming that what I'm saying, this is what it's what we're doing right now.
Speaker 1: This is this is a collaboration. This is actually right now slaying. Look, we gotta make up the meaning hoosie.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 2: We we spell USI first because way smarter than me. I was definitely it's a he spelling TI. I was in the same in English class. Spelling. You gotta hoosie? Who is it?
Speaker 4: H o?
Speaker 2: And spelling it's it goes wherever you want to go. Let's put you in it. So let's go Hu hu e for you.
Speaker 1: Definitely we gottahow spect you okay, huge, So what's hood?
Speaker 5: And Hugh Pathmo and color and co makes a little color and even got because he's hip hop come all the fun. He was the first come here, the first rap whatever he shot, the first rap video.
Speaker 2: You your first rap.
Speaker 1: Rap video ever, even though it has no rap playing, it was hip hop nigga thiabout.
Speaker 2: I think it's just stay h h O h O t B. That's too close to Hooters and Hoosiers. Yeah, that's going to.
Speaker 1: Hood, that's true, but whole this is new version of hood. We just said, we've been saying already so.
Speaker 2: Beautiful.
Speaker 1: Man, it's been making up English h oh. But you never know, we can make up this word in two hundred years from now. This could be then the guarantee word.
Speaker 2: That exactly. I think it's h u easy. You are hu easy like Hoosi's hos h u.
Speaker 6: E z you.
Speaker 2: You made it like a you made it like a foreign life. Definitely English. To look the T shirt, it's it's not gonna work.
Speaker 5: How do you know?
Speaker 2: Is it two different spellings or not?
Speaker 1: Nothing?
Speaker 11: The Vietnam bes man, that's hard it's actually gonna that's actually appreciate a d J as an artist's stupid and graffiti too, like loff, it looks if you're making a shirt, it would look who's.
Speaker 2: Just got a trademark?
Speaker 1: But go ahead, Okay, I got it first, Okay, damn, I'm my fall all right?
Speaker 6: Cool?
Speaker 2: You gott what a h u e u? And it could be a clothing line too, that's my point. You got it. Let's got the point? Crazy. This is a corporations got them.
Speaker 10: We just did this.
Speaker 2: Guess we just did it. It looks it's okay, I did it's.
Speaker 1: Doing my version doing that ship in the song that goes because this is an old school story.
Speaker 2: From drinks and the fact that he doesn't agree with my story right now, I have to bring it up. I have to bring it. I'm gonna go take a bathroom break right now. No, you still gotta stay right here. This is my man. I'm petty. Where's your man?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 1: I'm petty as hell, I am man. I'm petty right, and it's better not be the it's going there. It's going there stupid, but I don't know it's gonna be the thought song. Yes, before he tells us.
Speaker 2: You will tell the story. How about that? I don't know, tells it wrong, but god, I'll tell you what he tells story. He always gets it wrong. He can't take off. It's ok. It's a good advice. Here's the basics of the story. He's dating a girl. Okay, I mean yes, but how wrong the way you tell it? But he he's dating the girl. I can't believe the services now know, we gotta bring back old ship. Sometimes it's just just because this is drinking. Drink the fans.
Speaker 1: He's daying the girl, right, so the girl she would take a shot for Yes, yes, this poor the shot first.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna drinking afterwards. Our grits to go with this with you, So listen, I want you to. I want you to tell me if he's petty or not one hundred percent. I know I'm petty. But before you telling him that, I have to tell my version. Put more shot. I should have said version first. Let's go. I'm ready your versant. Tell you whip say so I can show how you fuck up my version. Okay, all right, listen, all right, I'm gonna just make the shortest version. He's dating the girl. She goes to the Thong song video wrong, he cuts off. She went to beg pivvo first.
Speaker 5: All this.
Speaker 6: Something right, there's stacy. He said that right, chronic Okay this no, No, the video, the chronological version is wrong.
Speaker 1: The only reason why he cut off off because she went to the wrong Okay, wrong, it's terrible.
Speaker 2: I had just say go ahead, okay, let me tell you third. You can't go. Are you gonna know my version? I want you to have your verse? My version is this my girl, She's a inspire love Yoka.
Speaker 9: You killed.
Speaker 2: Killed. She's an inspire model, she wants. And then she tells he's an aspiring model.
Speaker 8: Yes, okay, yes, and she starts getting She tells me, I'm gonna start doing video gigs.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna inspire. I'm a DJ that inspired. I'm a DJ. I'm work meaning, I'm doing my thing. You know, we're going down.
Speaker 8: I see what's happening and what you mean on filma in the world of music period.
Speaker 2: Okay, I see, I mean a video since so I said, you know what I mean. But already at that point we are we are we're going apart, period.
Speaker 14: So that's how you That's.
Speaker 2: Because because I gonna tell you right now when I say to her, you go pursue your your dreams. I'm gonna do my thing. Then it's not gonna be that easy if we weren't already going apart. So she goes and I'm like, I'm not gonna be with worst radio shot. Let's do it together. Let's do it together, because I want to know the first video that you said, it's it.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 2: It was like some ill ship. It was like it was real. I don't know about. Okay, let's go. That went down the rod. Let me relax, No fo, you want some more champaion that we give them over.
Speaker 1: Man, we got some rocks of ultramok the best voka on the planet.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna suck around and throw up on the stripper. That'll be amazing.
Speaker 7: That that was amazing, So go ahead, run video, keep it verre like, Okay, don't die n Then we've down the wrong pipe. So we just broke up.
Speaker 2: Break up. She went wrong. That's what he's wrong. He said, that's it eventuated the wrong bullshit. We broke up.
Speaker 8: But immediately when we broke up, this is immedia tape DJ in Miami. I'm the biggest mixtape DJ in my am, I go the Thong song. I think it's a thought song remix. I'm not really one hundred percent sure. No met the man remen I got. They invited me over there. They said, yo, come get freestyle from Red and med I'm in the tent that far and sponsored the tent getting.
Speaker 2: I got my four track and then I see my Yeah, that's how I was getting to. This is the reality.
Speaker 10: You need to have.
Speaker 2: You heard my story. This is the reality.
Speaker 8: So we just broke up where it's fresh like nice minutes ago, like like like nine days ago.
Speaker 2: Damn, this is real.
Speaker 8: The the cutting still she's in the Throng song video like that, like you said, but I didn't stop there.
Speaker 2: This is ship. The next video was big since she was doing a dude She's Telly video. This ghost Wally renis of them to wan Oh, that was one of the worst ones. She was inspirational. The coustmas Nigga took her down. Nobody took the sole saw you're like an artist. He is a DJ.
Speaker 1: Yes, he's a DJ that he sitting around seeing what the artists do when the artist is wow, because a artist ain't wow.
Speaker 8: You said what I mean, the difference between your story and my story is I saw that come. No disrespect to her, but I said, I can't handle that, Like do you. I'm gonna do me And I'm not telling you that she went wild like I don't know. I don't know the facts. That's the whole point. I'm just saying, I can't handle that.
Speaker 6: This is.
Speaker 2: What you're saying. I can't help her be in the video shoots like that.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 2: You're working. Okay, that's a great story, but it's a great story, und saying, but why can't you handle because I want you to finish this story. But it's gonna actually dream. Is he drank this dreams with me?
Speaker 13: He knows?
Speaker 2: Is he he got off? Don't you think I'm patty for one second? Please dream? You can be honest. This is an honest show. This is an honest show thinking of reality of what I'm talking about. I just think that he wasn't willing to outfuck somebody for his girl. It's a very different respective.
Speaker 5: I was a kid.
Speaker 1: I was a kid.
Speaker 15: You're still gonna know the fuck. I'm sorry, Okay, I didn't Okay, you're right, I didn't up look at it like whatever you're coming home tonight.
Speaker 2: I bet that coming home to what I'm a kid, I'm to my mom? How much how old are you down at the time? Eighteen seventeen? Man, you do that was Hennessy dings. I'm a kid at the time.
Speaker 14: Many behind its counts authority in my car, my pat You on to re act into that situation.
Speaker 1: You coming up djaying your girl want to go to the Thong so On video? Did she wanted to do big Pimpingchi Wiley?
Speaker 8: Come on, man, y'all from number one. If y'all really think you wouldn't be in my position.
Speaker 2: And be like, hey, you got all right dream, I'm not packing my shiit up. You're not packing what you're doing? You going the THO video shoot together? Yeahptain let me the gap. No, I'm working out ship. I'm going to work thinking I'm gonna go thereat ship for that, I got free stuff. But honestly, different, yes, different?
Speaker 6: Could you?
Speaker 2: Could you deal with a could you deal with something like that with I think I could? Yeah, yeah, I think I could. But you weren't doing what I was doing.
Speaker 8: I'm saying the difference is I'm a DJ and I'm there and I'm doing what I was doing my work. She's gonna do her work. I'm not there watching her and enjoying differentbody.
Speaker 1: If I would have Dame what Dame gash listen Dame gass for me and.
Speaker 2: Data waring stuff, but you couldn't be out say we das war, she wasn't. It was you know what, actually a fanas me show me the video and that wasn't my girl? What you doing dream?
Speaker 1: Okay you see this is no Instagram but still Nigga's no Dame was like that, bib.
Speaker 2: I'm just well, could you can handle that? I can't handle that too, but I know that makes me petty. That's a difference between me and him, like I couldn't handled it. I'm on your side to answer though what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It's petty because you didn't know she did that just because she's at a rap music video.
Speaker 2: What does wait, petty? Your petty is that I broke up?
Speaker 5: I think I think I think my pety will start waiting for that for my petty was some minute like I'm good. I don't give a fuck like fun well, I can't control people, fucking just be what every just busting.
Speaker 2: Cool, just clean yourself up, clean.
Speaker 5: Assholes, you know, Like I said, my pettyess will start earlier had the idea that, oh I can't fuck with you, you're out of my league.
Speaker 2: From the beginning. She was never out of my league. Yeah, if they you up, she definitely was not with dream on this.
Speaker 5: Maybe it's using triple A with pro, but you got what you went pro and I don't know where we went, but this is.
Speaker 2: Baseball. Okay, okay, that's what happened exactly.
Speaker 8: Can you start adding? I am I'm gonna dam right now. That was the petty you just said.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you. I mean, let me if anybody in.
Speaker 1: This room, I don't think you're petty, right, I'm not petty, but I'm saying if you ever looked at somebody, you ever like, what's what, Oh it's cool with you looked at.
Speaker 2: Their graham just to make sure they're doing good, not doing not doing good? That makes you petty.
Speaker 1: Like if you was cool with somebody and then you stopped sucking with him, and you stopped fucking with each other.
Speaker 2: And then somehow their graham you know, tag you and you just look on that they still on the block.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you something, because everybody has somebody that they look at their ship just to make sure they still fuck.
Speaker 2: There's a great there's a great, great penny.
Speaker 5: That's a great, great fucking pity ass and Yo Yo Gotti's new song, but love the fucking depth.
Speaker 2: Shout out the motherfucker. This motherfucker right now, he's on the fucking fire. This motherfucker says, your gotty says, my ex cheated on me.
Speaker 5: Now she working double ships, petty as I love it, say it again, his ex cheated on him?
Speaker 2: Now she was working double ships. Like so she got with the lame more like, oh, I'm not fucking do you ever go on your fist, Graham and just look and make sure she's still doing the dogs on video? She's not. Because he's a family woman. This is a fan she got, she got, she got. I was worried because she's a family woman. I was like that she's gonna hear this ship. It wasn't not too long ago. What's her name never said that? Remember you never got dream a gentleman, dream good. She hit me up. She's like, you're talking ship and that's did you go through it?
Speaker 6: Here?
Speaker 2: And you me.
Speaker 1: In my mind like, you know, I'm on her side. I felt like she was a good girl just trying to go work. That's how I felt she was a good girl.
Speaker 2: That's why she worked too much. But yeah, you got videos and like.
Speaker 1: Black Pecker's a Miami group. Actually, just why the story gets? Ill, right, we're done one hundred episodes right of this ship.
Speaker 2: Man, and this is probably in like twenty right, Okay.
Speaker 1: Here's what the story gets. I don't know cause you took it out on him pop because I didn't take it out. The girl went to a hip hop video. It was like a hip hop but the only person you had proof of her dating was.
Speaker 2: Bell BIV de phone. Uh, one of the most that goes up.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I went to that.
Speaker 1: Can't be I'm sorry, which one of the niggas was actually actually you're Annie Bobby Ricky and I remember the dude, the skinny long dude, So.
Speaker 8: Actually that you know, you know what's funny. Sorry, sorry, The funny thing is that that was the first thing that happened. But you've seen them with Actually we broke up and then I went to New Audition because that's well that's new audition.
Speaker 2: They's different. Eras, no come on, bro, I'm not that old, so what's obvious this? She would have been fucking different. Yeah, I'm sorry you're saying stay away from that one. I went to the you know, I'm not in v I P. But who do I see him? P? I P my ex girl with one of those dudes, Ronnie. I think it was Ronnie. You know what what you just actually? I think I got I got to I solved it. So it wasn't petty. It wasn't petty. But what you did it was emotional, definitely dream dream don't it wasn't pet Would you go see all the hip hopsters? You got emotional?
Speaker 6: I ain't.
Speaker 16: Listen people dream he said, it wasn't petty. After you found out it was an arm beating nigga national, I respect you dream that one was. It was emotional. It wasn't petty.
Speaker 2: Like it's hip hop. You know, it's the culture. You lost something to the culture. We all knew everything at petty. If you would have become a Republican right after that, how you gonna shop? That's a ship?
Speaker 5: That's what that?
Speaker 2: Oh you went to that counts?
Speaker 8: But the song then I did go to the club shortly after we broke and that's actually you reminded me right now of that.
Speaker 17: And I look up at the and she's like roddick boys, I'm like bitch, you know.
Speaker 8: And then after that was actually the throng song, and then after that was what you wanted.
Speaker 1: And then that God, listen, Wally, the throng song, a big pipping, we gotta talk, You've gotta be big like.
Speaker 2: We got here.
Speaker 5: I've heard this story back then. I would have wrote the show in this song. If you can write this song, No, that's too old. Now that's a great song.
Speaker 2: It's amazing. Right now, we canna make a country song.
Speaker 1: All your albums, right, all your albums, What was the most one to you that meant the most?
Speaker 2: Wow? The first one? Love hate meant the most? Why is that it was first? It was first introduced people to me.
Speaker 5: I was blessed enough for people to hear and make my mind up because at that time it wasn't about me being an artist and wanted to say, hey man, look at me. It was it was a design. It was a design play to put my music on showcase. So it was it was the idea overall was as a writer. Even though you get a record over here, you get a record over there, like that's cool, But how are they gonna know that you do other shit?
Speaker 2: How they're gonna know how deep?
Speaker 5: You know it goes, because when somebody gets something from you, you know, motherfucker won't my umbrella every time, you know.
Speaker 2: So I was able to be the canvas for my own art. And that's what it was about.
Speaker 10: That.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something. That's the crazy shit is what you just said.
Speaker 1: Is the curse about having a hit record is everybody kind of want to imitate Yep, that record the Moss, which is one of the most records that you wrote produced, been a part of that.
Speaker 2: People just kept coming to you and it became annoying. Like I remember seeing Pharrell one time and we had what's the record? Home Boy? I came to party. He had to tell me.
Speaker 1: He was like, y'all, I'm tired of everybody telling me to give them that same record that I gave you, Laurie.
Speaker 5: I think records are production based when they come to that, though. I don't think people was more so asking me.
Speaker 2: For the same song because at that time I had written so many different ones. Yeah, yeah, yeah, So the tracks was you know, never really stayed the same.
Speaker 5: There was those were changing and my lyricss changing based on the emotional melodies or or whatever.
Speaker 2: The tone of the of the actual.
Speaker 5: Song was who the artist is and singing it, which was the whole other blessing to be able to give Rihanna something and give be a whole separate thing, you know, that's you know, I think that was the That was the biggest part of it all because most times, you know, somebody could do a song for one person and the other song still sounds like you know, if I didn't tell you I did it on Brotherly and single, A's like you wouldn't put it together. It doesn't sound the same. But you're producing also as well, like like literally the beats. What's the percentage of what you've done that beats and lyrics?
Speaker 13: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: Like just and you wrote the music. Most people understand writing is also the beats, right right.
Speaker 8: The layman doesn't know that, Yeah, So when you're writing lyrics and the beats, So like Holy Girl.
Speaker 5: For instance, So I did the track and wrote the hook and then I gave it to gave it to whole and then we brought in timbling to make the.
Speaker 2: Track what it needs to be to your production.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because my idea of writing is exactly what it is in the country world. Like it's you know, those songs one hundred percent written, Like it's not a beat producer. Her is the you know, the producer usually has nothing to do with the composition like itself, Like it has nothing to do with the melodies, the top lines, the lyric, like it has nothing to do with that.
Speaker 2: The writer could be the writer and the producer come in after that. It's like Quincy Jones, you know some of those he didn't do the track. That track ship came from hip hop, right. But that's the thing.
Speaker 9: That's the thing that hip hop wise, when we think about producer, we think about the beat paper he goes like this, right, and then when think about the writer, he's writing the lyrics.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: So that's what I'm saying that the difference for you, well, it's I mean, it's just a universe. It's it's only in this culture where we see that as to you know, two different things. For me, producer is actually what it's always been. It's the motherfucker that you blame at the end when sh it.
Speaker 2: Don't go right. He brings everything together. Yeah, so if I don't have the touch.
Speaker 5: Of fucking beat, but I probably steal the producer just because you did that ship with me. And if the ship ain't right, it's like dream fucked this up. Because to produce me is to come up with it right. No, I don't care how you came up with it.
Speaker 2: Come up with it. I ain't right now of it. I ain't do the track I produced it, though, I'm good. I got my whole little well that too, But actually, where is my crip? I join at?
Speaker 11: You got crit and white girl cripp crippy we oh we haveripety cripp.
Speaker 2: You've been coming to Miami for a long time. I don't know what you're gone.
Speaker 5: Crippy white good damn white girls and some even the only white girl don't allowed to touch.
Speaker 2: Cheating. Hold on thing. Know where you're going. We're gonna have cryptocurrency. No, I'm trying to be trying to get better at what I do. Damn, I don't know.
Speaker 8: So when you're producing joints, are you using any certain like machines?
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is the NPC. I'm still at lower the NPC three thousand. Yeah, I am on logic and you know ableton I can. I can move around anything. I like the I like to touch shit, though I don't like the idea that everything is in the computer or whatever it is.
Speaker 2: Like I'll go to a.
Speaker 5: Studio just because they have a big asportmans. Yeah, oh well, I've been playing I I started playing trumpet.
Speaker 2: In like third grade.
Speaker 5: So the whole band theory to me was just second nature, like it was just something. It was just something that we we did in high school. And then at that time, if you're in Atlanta, the cool shit wasn't to be on the basketball team and the football team. The cool shit was being the marching band mm cause you got to show your ass at halftime.
Speaker 2: Like that was the That was literally the shit.
Speaker 5: And you at that time you had Florida uh marching one hundred, Florida A and m u h, you had Jackson, You had all these you know, black colleges, and we were.
Speaker 2: Like putting tapes in Me and my acts.
Speaker 5: My best friend was like putting tapes in studying, like what they're doing at halftime, what's the new record that's out?
Speaker 2: Being able to play that at the next football game good So for for me, it was. It wasn't music as a hustle. It was I was already doing it before I understood that you can make money from it.
Speaker 1: M now one of the most things I've expected about you. I had to have hit my man Ron Mossman.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 2: More about Drake.
Speaker 18: So we got genius community member shy Ink. His question is what was it like working with Drake early on in his career on Shut It Down? And why haven't you worked together since?
Speaker 2: No shout out shout out to Drake and when he's done with his career. Like I said before, I was.
Speaker 5: Just like a real like student of how these things go. And it's and I remember when Drake was putting this record together. That's getting calls at the calls at the calls like YO, get on this record, Get on this record, Like YO, get on this record. I said, I'm gonna do the record man, like I'm on tour, like I'm gonna do the record as soon as I get took like so I'm gonna do it, Drake.
Speaker 2: Call like YO, like this is how I want to sound like Drake. I'm gonna do this record how I'm gonna do it right.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna give it back to you in the same way you sit there with your first I was like, I'm i'm'na send.
Speaker 2: It back to you.
Speaker 5: It was like, okay, cool, no problem. And the record came out great. You know, I think you know it came came out great. What a lot of people do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it came out great. I think when the next album came along. Since somebody wants to know why we never worked again.
Speaker 5: I asked him to get on the record, and he never got on the record, And so I'm only gonna asks you once, especially if I've already done something for you. So that went through to these people to directulate to him, and whatever that thing was, then that was it. So that's the end of the drinking dream era of a record.
Speaker 2: I mean, obviously amazing artist you are. He he's a great artist for his own right.
Speaker 5: Collaborations are nice, and collaborations are great, and sometimes I just could just be great without you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Now.
Speaker 1: That's morals. Yeah, that's like old school morals right there. Like I've done so many records with people and then they not reciprocated the favorite that.
Speaker 5: So it's the it's the it's the most treacherous thing that could happen, but I I forgave them.
Speaker 2: Oh well, of course, but so so what w W What was going.
Speaker 1: Through your mind at that moment when you because at the end of the day, sometimes you could give a person a wave. That's what that means, Like you can be so hot yourself that when you get on the record, they can build a whole audience around your audience that you helped.
Speaker 2: Introduce them to.
Speaker 1: And then that person. I'm an artist and one hundred percent I I I LA. I didn't look at that as a distance drake at all. There's no way, shape, form or fashion. I looked at it as a person with morals.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, I mean that's it. It was.
Speaker 5: I had to go to my gravite, like, not because it's a personal thing, just because I have to still set an example for the ship that I say that I'm gonna do, you know, like it's a lot of if I ain't do some shit that I want supposed.
Speaker 2: To call me out, let me know, because it made it could have been I forgot it could have been.
Speaker 5: You know, whatever it is, it doesn't make it right at the end of the day, because that's.
Speaker 2: Not where I come from.
Speaker 5: That's not how I was raised. That's not how I am, you know, like, yeah, my word is just just my word. However I need to make it up, you know, however whatever it is that I need to do so. And at the time, I mean, the whole situation was forgiven because the ship is petty like that, that would be petty, you know, in a way to hold that against somebody or whatever was going through and transforming in his own life at the time.
Speaker 2: I just I know, probably as you get older, you start to think about.
Speaker 5: Things a little bit different though, and say, oh shit, now I get why x y Z.
Speaker 2: Yeah we've seen each other.
Speaker 5: He's recorded at my studio on it Atlanta and and and everything like and like yo, what's up?
Speaker 2: Like just like literally before that, but after after he knew what was what was what was up? Like all our camps. This music business isn't that far stretched the part where nobody does know what is going on. Everybody knows what's going on and for for whatever reasons at the end of the day, And niggas know how I am. I'm not. I'm not.
Speaker 5: I'm not a bitter person. I think most things, if you can control them, control them. What you can't you don't like, don't worry about it, just just move the fuck on. So it wasn't it wasn't no no ill fated thing about that. It was more so about what my grandfather taught me. Like, yo, man, you said, you go do something, you need to do it, and if you don't, you need to show somebody you can live without it, you know. And that's that's that's just where I am and just where I come from.
Speaker 2: That was that was all, you know what that set you the old school morals. And it is petty too, But listen, because when somebody going on me, I never forget it, like I almost. I'm just being.
Speaker 19: Honest, petty gay, petty gang, I waited, listen, I'm.
Speaker 2: Not really more.
Speaker 5: I'm not really petty in none of the sense of that because people go through certain shit and everybody know what you know at the time, and everybody doesn't know what you know and how to react to what you know at that time. They haven't learned it yet to make you grown just because you have more money than the other person, or oh I'm more experienced because like, no, motherfuckers, I got the experience, Like I'm the motherfucker that's in the music business that didn't break till he was thirty, and they had a regular job with regular people in real traffic and shit. So when the bigger percentages of the artists that work in this business were able to drop what they did and start working in it at sixteen seventeen, I'm like, well, fifteen, I lost my mom.
Speaker 2: In nineteen I lost my grandfather. So the parents that raise me ain't.
Speaker 5: I had to go completely to the workforce and get here. It wasn't because I knew some niggas down the street and I got on you know, that's not I had to split that time. I had to sleep two hours a day for years they only off two hours, to the point now I can't even go to sleep, you know. So I go to sleep, well, no I want to go.
Speaker 2: I don't try. And this shit just don't work.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: The difference what you're saying and I'm saying is sometimes you deal with.
Speaker 1: An artist management or you deal with and that's the problem is it's different, right, and so now I can understand that point.
Speaker 2: But if I ever dealt with you directly, there was a phone call with where me and you, I do take.
Speaker 1: It way personal more than I should have like you should you know what I'm saying, because I don't care what I do in life. Like if you tell me something and we have a bond, if you don't have a ball, I don't give a fuck. Like I don't care if I don't have a ball. But if you give me have a bond and you tell me something, I expect you to delive because I'm an deliver on my part of whatever you ask me.
Speaker 2: I'm so in love with the idea of knowledge.
Speaker 5: I rather sacrifice myself and how I feel about somebody or whether I'm mad at them or not if they were just to learn it from whatever aspect they learned it from, and just you know, wrap it back around and just.
Speaker 2: Say, oh cool, I learned that shit that you were saying to me or what we went through.
Speaker 5: I'm more in love with that than I am about being hasty and just genamous for no reason because it doesn't make any sense. And to be in love with knowledge is a whole different idea, you know, But to watch another person learn something versus.
Speaker 2: Spiting them, like, I'd rather you just know.
Speaker 5: Like even if you did it to me and I'm like, you fuck me up, because we like forty fucking g's. But you understand what the fuck happened, and you can go on in life and do the next shit because I'm blessed enough to be able to rebound after that.
Speaker 2: If I wasn't in maybe good forgiving. Yeah, that's blessed. That's someone to be able to do that with forty You gotta relay. Still thinking about this girl right now. I just out there. This is what we do, man dream. I don't know if you understand. This is drink Champs. We've been doing this. We sually celebrated our hundreds episodes. We're still celebrating on.
Speaker 1: We're still celebrating because you know, this is the first time people that are a part of the artistry, a part of culture, the culture, you know, from a DJ mix tape, DJ regular DJ to an artist and you know, I'm searching out and gone. I wanted to control all media. I wanted to keep you know, I wanted us to support us, you know what I mean. When you hear like, you know, even the four four four.
Speaker 2: Album and you hear Jay talking about like you know, it's like, that's that's what the time is for, That's what the time is for.
Speaker 1: So in a weird way you're doing that, like whether you was conscious or unconscious of it. I just see on the internet at Google and that's at your album and I'm hopefully this is the first interview that you did.
Speaker 2: You didn't even know that, right, No, I mean you don't revolved, so we you. I mean you have to provoke conference so you know, everything is run around. But this is what we do over here. But we also have fun with our artists, right, and we also say that so we have to actually dream, just dream, he asked. Of course, all right, damn you asked that question that we're Twinter Twin Twin. Let's come over here, Twin Twin, come over here, because talk about asking the game, just asking the game.
Speaker 1: Listen. Man, he had he got into an accident, but he's still out here running the things.
Speaker 3: Come on asking me the mike set the mic up for asking listen.
Speaker 2: This is this is this is Twin Eddie to ask you. This is Eddie to asking the student.
Speaker 1: We all we have a person on our show called Eddie to ask either and he he't make it today, but this Twin Twin, tell him, tell him, tell him what's going on?
Speaker 2: You radio killer? Yeah, he's just ask any ass. He was at the top of the day that.
Speaker 5: Ship with your faces and ass though, that's all he does.
Speaker 2: That is a professional. Now you a professional to tell him? Yeah, don you gotta with the click all that ship is the same time, you know what I'm saying, while you're eating the ass. God damn yeah, you gotta every day man, Yeah, yeah, Okay, guys, it's a great as. Actually, I can't tell y'all don't have any RN be motherfuckers. You know what I'm saying. A part it's ass.
Speaker 1: I didn't know you a professional ass either. The way you describing it. You looked at him like, of course a post. Of course you do click, that's all I got that.
Speaker 2: You just robbed that. You gotta take a shot.
Speaker 8: You don't do no, Twin said, come on, Twin twenty recently had an accident.
Speaker 2: He's been on drink Chance since day one. We love this guy. I still got ma. I'm good you got your non full and you know fifty SI don't even drink fifty did full. I'm just throwing that out there. We gotta represent for the R and B world. I'm just throwing it out there.
Speaker 5: Have some RB people is gonna really I need the ass tonight and this ain't gonna help.
Speaker 2: No, it's gonna You don't know what's First of all, it's two minute guys saying this at the same time. Okay, an the horse going up to more listening everybody on the car.
Speaker 5: You're good, can't y'all wonder what y'all trying to get me fucking drunk?
Speaker 2: I said, listen, you gotta relax. Drink y'all from the hood, y'all, come on, you know what's going y'all. No to a white man, you are kind of party. This kind of fucking party?
Speaker 5: Is this man?
Speaker 2: Get you here right here here, yo, This is the twin Man.
Speaker 18: This is the this is the.
Speaker 2: Dream, the twin Man, High tag boss, the first term b dude here right right, you're ahead. Thank you for showing love to.
Speaker 12: Twin We can't twin.
Speaker 2: We want you to know that we love you dream. We want you to know that everything you did with this culture, every time you went in there and made women, you know, love men every time. And look, I'm gonna telling this shot and I gotta ask you, man, you killed that v H one signs ship you scared to do it? Hey, no, I feel this is the gifts. I went to another show. Gifts. Man, I'm drunk.
Speaker 10: If you kid from the drink your ship take dream?
Speaker 2: Sorry you did you tell this shot? Yeah, let's go. Let's go dream.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's go dream ship solo solo solow.
Speaker 2: I don't want to drink it all right? Yeah? I dream? Do you make love to your own ship?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: I don't know what you ships so bad? I just want to see if the fire shoes gonna come out of my mouth.
Speaker 20: But I do you know ship?
Speaker 2: You know you're very You're very smart. Come on, man, y'all gotta keep up. But listen, listen. Do you make love to your own ship? Because that's a that's a real ship, right there. No, I just played it.
Speaker 20: I just played the track by itself and then single on top of Oh you killed that, he killed that. I'm trying to picture that. That wouldn't work for a rapping like yeah, just put the instrumentals in.
Speaker 2: They go from love. Somebody always said, what's your go to songs to sing? Go to songs and fancy with Swiss. It's not, Oh you know all nigga, You're not a fancy nigger. Can please hoot me on.
Speaker 5: I just told you hoosie who we just described the whoshie. Please, I need you to play fancy now but cool. We were singing for us, please singing ship. We don't play music on this bark at a dream we're doing it.
Speaker 2: We can't, we can't, we can't, but I want to. I want to hear it out right now. I can't play.
Speaker 1: We can't use it because yeah, come yeah, translation my niggas no no, so I can clean.
Speaker 3: Sorry that was.
Speaker 5: Never so.
Speaker 2: Let's say beast everything.
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 2: I'm mad at you right now. I've never heard this moment. I'm mad at myself as a dream fan. But let it. Let it drop though, let me drop first. I'm trying. I'm trying to this. Oh ya as a dream fair I'm disappointed. I'm disappointed. I've never heard this. We got as Google blade, so they.
Speaker 7: Got for.
Speaker 2: Gus. He was Jesus, Okay, okay, come on home. Listen and Dreams Dream Trips to Monaco from head to could be five figure listen. By the way, he's about hebroouby the only guy that.
Speaker 1: When they hit me, I said, yo, I want dream to do the podcast, and then they said, dream do the podcast?
Speaker 2: I said, aulso want to dreaming to a record. You're the only nigga.
Speaker 1: We got one hundred and five episodes we have in on the kids on this episode out five. You're the only nigga. I gotta have a dream record. Now, how would you do a Norwega record? Let's just describe that?
Speaker 2: Right? We got Empire in the building. Let's how would describe? But norma yea like what we want to do. We gotta go, we gotta. I got too many he's gonna get Let me, let me give you give you. I got too many male fans, crazy, got too many male fan juices. Right now, I'm here, tell many male fans. Tell me your stories.
Speaker 1: Too many male fans. It's a problem female fans. I don't know where you're gonna like it.
Speaker 2: I like you. You gotta scratch it. Scratch it. That's a horrible scratch that was too easy to make. Now we're going club? Are we going club? See?
Speaker 5: I can tell when niggas have damn too. If you don't worry about the goddamn club, tell me tell me how this will go.
Speaker 2: Let's just make the motherfuckers just how you do you like who just how you what you moment You're gonna be okay? You getting ready to go? Three phases to the song this is it is? Is it getting ready to go out? Song? You're out song, ain't back home song? This is a three different songs, those songs the harvy songs that end because there never be one song for all of us. This is so genius.
Speaker 5: It can, but it's not really you know what I'm saying. You can, you can kind of smooth one end to the others like you can't. But when you get back to the house, that song usually belongs to me.
Speaker 2: Oh it turned down, and if it don't, you last like thirty three seconds.
Speaker 5: I can't do nothing about that because fancy is six minutes and forty seconds to forty seven seconds long. The last thing you smoke the blunt a blood but or I just do I just do the the whites, you know, so right, Yeah, I don't smoke blunts.
Speaker 2: No said, don't smoke buns.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because in my insurance there's a little thing that happen, a policy thing that says serious, which has nothing to do with the.
Speaker 2: White paper on ok put the tobacco. So yeah, yeah, I would if you know something happens to me.
Speaker 5: I would love my kids to get that eighty six million those versus saying that tobacco the.
Speaker 2: Same way as it takes tests. In school, I had had a system. Yes, no, yes, the Christmas yes, I just know there, But everywhere else I had a system. You're I was. I was a foul. I'm sorry. In school it was different. I'm sorry you guys. Yeah, you know what they do.
Speaker 5: So I didn't show up at togethern funeral and Ship, well he was leading a bad life. You're smoking tobacco. We've seen him on the show. Listen to everybody know I ain't smoke Ship.
Speaker 2: Listen, listen. You know why You're gonna live forever?
Speaker 1: Because hip hop and R and B, like you know and and like like the legends, sometimes we just live forever.
Speaker 2: Like the niggas in England.
Speaker 19: The niggas in England is nine hundred, but they are like they're like like them niggas don't little all the rock boots from England and like hip hop is like the new rock.
Speaker 21: Yeah, like, hey, he lived he lived with Source, except didn't make it tonight Hunter, Oh damn, I forgot about him. But you you took focusing on one person. There's all of them other niggas is out there.
Speaker 2: And I see that this alcohol is affecting you, but it's not affecting me at all. I really love it, I know, and I love my job.
Speaker 5: I just wanted to make sure that what it was going to do, because no, no, I was doing. Ultimately, my wife has to beate a price for this, but should be fine.
Speaker 2: She's great. She's great, and you're married.
Speaker 1: Listen you you've always handled your relationships in public.
Speaker 2: Excellent. See somebody finally saying this ship that's thinking like like you, you ain't petty at all as zero.
Speaker 5: And and you even just did a record with to dollars songs and way, actually I've done like records on Wayne's new album, The New Qualified, And that means.
Speaker 2: I'm really not petty for real. Okay, okay, I understand. I think that's the most unpetty is you could be. Let's make some other.
Speaker 1: All right, you are, I've undercepted you in the petty game, and I gotta release.
Speaker 2: Release.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry because that is a real grown man ship.
Speaker 2: Like it's like yo that you know.
Speaker 1: People, relationships got nothing new relationships you whatever, like and you tied out of way.
Speaker 5: I saw that we're all just people, and I think I think the I think in the end, especially in this culture, you know, we're not like this. This isn't This isn't us. It's not in us to be this way. This country has kind of made us a certain type of way, but it's just not in us to be that way. I think we're giving when we can give, and nobody hours away from a moment to be a hero. It's just less and less of those times that we get to become one, or that is seen or that is celebrated. You know, like nobody wakes up if there's a kid in front of a car, doesn't want to push the kid out the way, you know, say their life, you know, even if it means ends ending your own. So there's a hero part to it, you know that I think exists in the culture. We just don't get to prove it often enough, or it's not shown often enough either. Man, it's not shown true.
Speaker 1: God damn it, dream man. I try to try to put him in the pretty game. He broke out of it, broke out, he.
Speaker 2: Broke out man.
Speaker 1: Listen, look, Coop, we gotta salute you more dream we got to this culture, not just.
Speaker 2: Hip hop, R and B, every everything. It's gotta because you're one of the greats. Do you recognize yourself as one of the greatest?
Speaker 4: Not you?
Speaker 2: Why I got so much more? That's a good answer. That's a good answer. That's a great answer. You more? So? What did?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 2: What do you want to? What is dream?
Speaker 5: I ultimately want these songs that are right for three minutes and thirty seconds to last for about.
Speaker 2: An hour and a half. So that's where I'm a dyslexic and I was only.
Speaker 5: So I want these songs of three minutes and thirty seconds to last four hour and thirty minutes. So I just want to take those short stories. The hardest thing to do is to put a fucking story in a minute and three I'll just be able to elaborate, which is easy.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's easy.
Speaker 5: Are treatments, Yeah, it was a treatment because you don't have to cut out the details.
Speaker 2: It's like, okay, I'll get a detail this ship.
Speaker 5: If I was writing fucking short about me and fucking Nord right now, I get to write the details of what the fuck we're going through today here, Please that's doing these types.
Speaker 2: Just keep paying the picture. I love it.
Speaker 5: You're gonna here we wake up. Hey, y'all need we go meet at the studio. But the truth is we never actually gonna make it to the studio at least be in this whole day.
Speaker 6: Yea.
Speaker 2: So we spend this whole day trying to get to the studio to do fucking song. Okay, that's never happens. So it's never happens. Okay, movie doesn't mean it doesn't happen in real life.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: That's kind of the ploy.
Speaker 5: The idea of it, though, is just trying so hard and when you really try to grip tight to do something, that ship never comes out right when you try your hardest to get it right. So you started they trying to get the move right. You go buy a pound from so and so over there you get your blood. Just ship ain't going right, getting pulled over. You have to flush and ship. You all gotta go back and do this ship. Your day is long, My day is long.
Speaker 2: R and b ship. Try to get one bitch.
Speaker 5: I'll get another bitch in like, yeah, we gonna meet in the studio. Times already fucked up, were sucking it up, but we're trying too hard to make the situation right and make the right record.
Speaker 2: That's have you read the treatment? No, I'm writing it right now like I know you are before. Yes, No, you know what.
Speaker 1: My next question was, have you ever gave somebody a record and they even came back with the worst video treatment?
Speaker 2: Neighborhood. That's the people over there too. They said that they were all down together. He had the vision. I just let people, the fans designed what videos? They're like, what video you was so mad at?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 2: I tell you that. No, I know, and I don't want to throw you tell me just telling them nobody listening. I can't say it.
Speaker 5: But there has been times where you're like, you know, you have you grow hefty appetite when you humbrella is the video that comes back on your song and your soul is hot and you're like, oh fuck yes, and then somebody goes down from there. It was all fuck, fuck my song up the fun Why were you there in the swamp doing my fuck this song?
Speaker 2: That's definitely says the beach. It's hits.
Speaker 5: That's why I said it swamp, because I haven't there's no videos in the swamp.
Speaker 2: There is no clue.
Speaker 1: He's very swamp. We're not getting him nowhere. He's taking shots. It's nothing we can get. That would be greaty, that would be awkward if somebody had to be like, we wouldn't do that. We're protecting you over.
Speaker 2: I appreciate what we got. You protect me out all that outside they got all. So now, what's your favorite liquor? This is drink Champs.
Speaker 1: We drink liquor, our favorite liquor to write ahead all anything, all the process to write about like what is it?
Speaker 2: Like? What? But back in the day it was patrol. Now is that that's a great This makes a noise?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 1: Because see I noticed that people that drink to kuilla those are people you know, you know for people that don't drink to quilla.
Speaker 2: That's straight down to the bottom.
Speaker 1: Like it's like because you can't just drink killer and be depends on the tequila though, So what I'm saying is, how could you drink tequila and like write these amazing lyrics.
Speaker 5: Oh no, I didn't need to drink to write or small Oh you know this ship is the purely your celebration of what then has been done. Yeah, I'm like, hi, already when I wake up, I'm not.
Speaker 2: I don't need anything that actually just slows me the fuck down, that s fucked me up. I can't write. I can't write ship without the marijuana. Marijuana, Okay, yeah, you man, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: You don't have to drink. You're the summer chain. I don't vocals. I don't drink.
Speaker 1: But when I actually write the vocals, I'll drink all day and I'll be I'll be like, I'll be by myself. I don't be around nobody, like I just sit there but to layer, I will not drink hazard day.
Speaker 2: You know, write I don't drink. And sometimes when I drink.
Speaker 1: The reason why when I drink, I gotta lay it back. I gotta redo the vocals so many times that it's just not worth it. I just I have all the liquor in the studio has a and then I do it. I lay it sober, and then we get fucked up.
Speaker 2: Well I didn't. I didn't. I didn't drink or or smoke until I was thirty, so you might, yeah, we drink or smoke.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there was a path that I that I made, you know, with myself and I was just like, I'm not drinking or smoke until I got a million dollars.
Speaker 2: So that's when I first son fucking death listen for some of us or smoke. They made a million dollars. That it is hard. That is hard. I was trying to motivate. I don't even want to say I was trying to motivate earlier. I was trying to motivate, But damn I should have used something like that. That was you know, the l O V. He still want to fight the system.
Speaker 9: He got out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's not yo. They threw out my case. I said, they threw out their case because they think you're crazy.
Speaker 1: They think you crazy, You motherfucker like and he's like, I want to soothe them.
Speaker 2: Now you're lucky. Don't go back into the swamp with the just all.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: You know, So, what's your favorite moment in music period? All around ninety five MTV Music Awards. I'm like, God, damn, what you do? This is the first thing?
Speaker 17: What do you do?
Speaker 2: You remember? Fucking Mike came back and then I got damn move Walking ninety five music?
Speaker 5: What I just for the listeners that whole fucking Metalley that lasted like forty minutes, and it was like, oh, no commercial break again for Michael. He had been gone and he left. He did Blood from the Dance Lloyd, he did all this ship. He's over your fucking with whatever fuck he was doing. And that was the first time we really saw him coming. It's like, Yo, Michaels, be on here. We got ready all week for that ship, Like, oh ship, Mike Finner come out and Nigga did smooth criminals.
Speaker 2: Ship and put the criminal Nigga did the lead came back. We're like, oh, ship, Mike's got crazy. That's the first time of war was introduced. No come back. He looked when he did it. I was jealous.
Speaker 5: He didn't miss the fucking step He missed a fucking step mother. Amazing Prince no man story with him, the.
Speaker 2: Story you ain't gonna you ain't got a Prince store. Yeah, Prince to death. May you rest in peace for that guy that get this. It's a good one. So I'm doing this record with Mary J. Blige and it has that Prince vibe to it.
Speaker 5: So so at the time, it's just like, all right, cool, we're gonna getting over the Prince, you know, like, let him take a stab at it, do a couple of things, a little bit, you know, do a thing.
Speaker 2: And of course he's like, yeah, you know, I do whatever y'all need me to deal with.
Speaker 5: So they send the record over to him and Ship, and I'm just actually just saying what I think I think the conversation with. So send the record to Prince Princess the record record back and Ship.
Speaker 2: He didn't sing none of the parts that Mary wanted him to see.
Speaker 5: But he's he's like playing all of the track and Ship going crazy, like just going crazy and Ship, but in the prince type of way. Lad to death, like I said. But so marys me, He's like, yo, man sucking Prince record. Man, he's just played all over the ship.
Speaker 2: Man, Like, how do you talk to him?
Speaker 5: I'm like, ship, fucking Prince. You're gonna say, like you gotta take the hell? No, you know, I don't even think we put the record. We probably stay record.
Speaker 2: So so so she she she got the courage. She's like, you know what you eat, I'm just gonna call him. I'm gonna call him up. I'm gonna call him right now, call you back, all right? Cool? Mary gets out the phone with me.
Speaker 5: Your phone, I guess she's calling Prince and this kind of how that ship had to go.
Speaker 2: She's like, uh, Prince, yeah I got the I got the record back.
Speaker 5: But you know the I just wanted you to do this one part of me and sing the you know, just just sing a little bit of it and just play a little bit at the end.
Speaker 2: What you don't like it? No, it's not really the and I don't like you know, I'm just saying. I mean because we was over this bitch jamming like a mother. That's literally was the conment.
Speaker 5: Me and this bitch jamming like they're playing your ship in the back and it says good to them what you're saying. You told me that ship I just fell out, Like I told you, fucking.
Speaker 2: Prince, like what happened. Yeah, I can just don't call.
Speaker 5: Just let leave a cool whatever you want to do, dog, straighten that ship up later.
Speaker 1: Now you have had one of those in the session with you where you work with somebody you looked up to and they fucking up.
Speaker 2: You gotta be like, can you old?
Speaker 1: Because me, I'll tell you I'm gonna suck come out like ship good. This type of nigga I'm like, I ain't gonna tell him it ain't.
Speaker 2: Good you you you.
Speaker 5: Know, I mind I been I do catch your release. I have no idea what you said to catch your releases? When this when you've done did this ship so long with some motherfuckers that's just gifted? Don't tell them nothing wrong with they song.
Speaker 2: Just I'm talking about like actually like making a song. Yeah, oh you're making a song. Even if they're doing something that's not to you don't liking and you're in there with a great motherfucker. Don't say ship okay, okay, no, you just you just that's how you feel like, oh ship all right?
Speaker 5: Cool, because they ain't about it being bad when motherfucker's great, they're great.
Speaker 2: Sometimes they just just be doing something that's not great.
Speaker 5: You you can do this, no, not like that, just just in a way maybe a delivery of something like you should have been a little bit softer on that, but it ain't critique time.
Speaker 2: As soon as they leave, you have to.
Speaker 5: Just all right, cool, I'm gone go shopping real quick, go to Birder, go for good and give me a couple of things. Come back, and by the time you get back, they're so fucking great. The great ones are so fucking great. They answered they fucking question and you're you're like, thank god, and you had to bring that ship up. And they ain't bad, right because they're great. That's how they fucking got there. They already they're already picking at themselves at a point and in a certain type of way that you can never pick the shit apart. You can't tell be saying something like it's fucked up, like she knows what, she knows what to do, you know, like, so you can't.
Speaker 2: You just have to give them, you know, anybody that time.
Speaker 5: That's great, and they'll come back to their own ship and say, I think I could do that hook like this, I think that'll be better, and in your mind you just like, thank god, I ain't have to say nothing about that. And when they need your fucking input, they'll ask you. The great ones do it's theill motherfuckers in the middle. You can't tell them, motherfucking ship now correct nothing. I think this shit dope. It's dope enough for the number one ninety eight on the chance.
Speaker 2: But whatever you say, bet, I'm with you. Get my money up front. Have you ever been wrong? Have you ever gave advice and you was wrong. I'm wrong all the time. I'm all right than wrong, though, like ninety what's what's something you was wrong on? Like an artist wanted to work with you or something or something like that.
Speaker 5: I'm never wrong on that type of ship. I was just saying in life in general, Okay, yeah, this music shop, I got this ship.
Speaker 2: Don't lock. Let's make some noise for that. I'm just saying, Okay, we're gonna take a cigarette break down, the bathroom break real quick, you're cool, and then we get five more minutes here. I got bathroom breaks this year. Take bathroom I ain't gonna lock.
Speaker 5: That's the city player, like, you know, you gotta at least take one Bathroomlet.
Speaker 2: Back wrong. So you know this is this is like a new part of the show that I'm.
Speaker 6: Run.
Speaker 2: This is you know you'll never run by me. You lead. They all have conversations, but no, this is the part I'm just seeing. This is gonna work.
Speaker 1: I've pulled up one of your tweets, right it You says, aks your favorites, how many times they played me before the inspiration kicked in? Then you tagged it meek Mill and you said it and then you say said it best Jimmy foulon.
Speaker 2: Dream You thought, mm, what did what did that? Tweet? Me?
Speaker 5: Me and me and me and my brother Meek just did a record on foul and maybe like a month and a half, two months ago, young black American.
Speaker 2: And I'm walking in and let's just say he has a certain thing that he he did. He's like, yo, man, I will you know I that meet then yea, heak.
Speaker 5: Has a certain you know, he has his dream Chases logo, and I got my low logo, which is Radio Killer Records, which is the whole Rose Wars thing. And and I get ready to walk in. He was like, actually used first of that one. He was like, but I put that shit on blast, so everybody's seen it. It's like, know what your problem is?
Speaker 2: Who said?
Speaker 18: You know me?
Speaker 5: He's like, you know what your problem is? It's like you don't put enough light on it. It's like, so when you do shit, nobody really knows. He's like, you don't talk about that shit, like how you need to talk about it, you know, so that motherfuckers know, like that certain shit came from you.
Speaker 2: And when I stopped for like two seconds, I was like this motherfucker is right. It's like like you know and and I don't.
Speaker 5: And that's probably that's probably more leaning to the unartist part about me, you know. And there's nothing that I would change about that particular thing. I mean, you know, at this particular point, once you once your famous, you're famous, Like there's no in between. I don't believe in in between, Like you know, take the bullshit as a as it amounts.
Speaker 2: And dollars like, and it's just is what it is, like, but go all the way, like.
Speaker 5: Don't stop or don't don't cut something short or make something half ass or do it half.
Speaker 2: As it to be done. You know, if if you're scared of at light, like run all the way to the light, you started running there in the first place. And that's he just in one.
Speaker 5: Quick second reminded me O O G me, like, yo, you don't put enough light on that ship. You gotta start talking that ship, you know, because I'm good at talking ship. But at a certain point, at certain point, it was more so I was talking to myself.
Speaker 2: So what did you adjust after he said that? What did you adjust?
Speaker 5: I'm just doing certain shit and showing certain ship now, like it's just a it's I'm just gaining a better perspective of.
Speaker 2: Inspiring others.
Speaker 5: And when there's a line that that that they both like intersect, it's like, be humble with what you have, but also you can be so humble that you seem silent about certain things you know, versus inspiring somebody else to say, you know, because only only gifted and motherfuckers that leaving themself gonna take it the right way anyway. So now it's just the point of doing shit to a certain point that makes somebody say, the motherfucker's roll around. This's bitching that fucking ghost like it ain't nothing they got ninety nine calls like and feel okay with Like, it ain't about me not being humble, Like I know where the fuck I came from. I know where my ancestors came from. I know more about my tree and the slave shift that dropped us off in South Carolina than anybody like I know about it. So I know exactly what it is, so I have to I didn't have to convince myself, but I had to just believe that and say, whatever you do have is a testament of It is a testament to hard work and being able to to persevere through anything. And the real people that feel good inside themselfs, they gonna feel like that.
Speaker 2: They want to feel like Yo, you persevered. You need to want Champagne was a great champagne call is persever It's real. This is champagne.
Speaker 1: You gotta champagne. You got like nine cups over there, can give it. You keep it in real dream, Yo, Listen, R and B Niggas is never gonna come to ours. They're gonna try.
Speaker 2: To top dream and they're gonna gonna be crazy. They're gonna die. It's R and B niggas just as tough as hip hop niggas, or they y'all might be even wilder than us.
Speaker 1: You really even thinking here, like, I don't think it's it's a D M X and R and B. That's Bobby Brown, right, that's the first that I mean that. I mean, let's just keep let's get so all right, let's just g R B niggas the rappers right now, right, I don't know, this is crazy, This is gonna be right.
Speaker 2: Who's the whole of R and B? Because you let the who's you let the quincy who's the whole of R and b.
Speaker 5: I don't think anybody's really replaced R. Kelly, to be honest when it comes.
Speaker 2: To that, except Kelly.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: People, and he's still a man a little bit somewhere. As much as as much as we want to like.
Speaker 15: Married, marry the idea that.
Speaker 5: Geniuses in a in a in a conformed world like it. It's not about forgiving anybody for anything. Ship is just different in that mind, like it has to be, like, you can't get that type of ship out of your body if you wanted to. The closer you are the same is the closer you are to not being gifted. So when crazy shit happens, I'm not really like, oh my god, the world's gonna end. It's like, to me, there's something that takes a certain type of way in that individual, you know, whether it be dark or like depending on what we want from him. And when we get what we want from him, we're kind of good and and when we don't, we're upset, you know. But that's not to say who a victim is or who a victim is not. Like, the point is you still live in.
Speaker 2: The real world with real people.
Speaker 5: There are rules there, you know, there are certain things, but it also begs the question the idea of time, God's religion, like it makes a different the question of what's actually real, Like what is it you know you come from a my great grandmother gave birth at thirteen.
Speaker 2: It's so faux pat now, but.
Speaker 5: That used to be a thing, like for real, it wasn't a law, Like it wasn't a like so what are we changing overall? And how far as DNA and traits actually playing into that and what they don't because most of the times you can do some shit just out of habit from what you came from.
Speaker 2: That's just regular fucking science and logic.
Speaker 5: Like you more like your father and your mother than even if you want it to not be, like, oh, I just don't to be like them, Like yeah, but you are.
Speaker 2: You may not be a composed of drug user, but you're a gambler. Like you might not be a gambler, but you're a sex you know, your sex addict or And with all that being.
Speaker 5: Said, then you may be a genius and motherfucker that gonna be inventor rit like like you're the same person that had to dream or be stupid and crazy and courageous enough to say I think.
Speaker 2: I know how to make it like has something to do. It's just it's just the idea that we're anything. No, well that was just that's just dumb ship that people say, like we're just fucking.
Speaker 5: Stupid, Like nobody's condoning anything that's not right, you know, like in society or even in your mind, like if you need help, get help, Like that's that's that's just some whole trickery ass trump ship Like that ship doesn't That ship doesn't mean anything. The truth is the the body is just more sophisticated than we want to give it. Give it credit for it, the body to mind, like what get these things from all the way to the point of why we're so detrimental to allow us to ourselves as a culture and as human beings, Like all of those things come down to traits and things that if you don't try to understand, you won't understand. Because all those days skipping science and shit is the dumb shit. You know, it should have never been science versus religion in the first place, because you can't figure out a mind like an r KL, E R or whoever it is. Of course we know in the real world. Okay, that's wrong. Like you shouldn't do that, like you should have better morals or whatever it is. And then on the flip side of that, I don't know what's in your body and in your mind. Man, I really just don't know.
Speaker 2: And I don't know whether I can say completely that an insane person is insane, because the truth is, there's just one word that actually takes you from being insane to a genius, and that's success. If you success, you're a genius. If you're not, you the crazy on the fuck under the.
Speaker 5: Bridge that everybody told, you told everybody your ideas and the shit just never took off. So that means I could be the same insane motherfucker, or you're gonna be sitting here with this nigga who's a genius is like, no, nigga, you're a genius?
Speaker 2: Like why success?
Speaker 5: That lightning in the bottle? I couldn't even control it in the first place. Beyonce didn't have to be in my time period of living, or Rihanna or or j or Kunye like all of them. Like that shit was divine, that was set up from a different thing that I had nothing to do with, you know, So I can't really I have to see both out of the play the Devil's advocate when it's you're being guided by time and in moments.
Speaker 2: Like I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think the time shit just helps you become captile and work for society and make money and pay your fucking taxes and shit. But if we live by moments, then I think people will be better off of them.
Speaker 13: There's no debating people's creativity and how genius they are, like r Kelly, But I just want to make sure that when we go over No, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, man.
Speaker 2: I think it's very serious when we're talking and.
Speaker 13: Drink champs that nobody could ever violate children or anything like that.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know you're not saying that. I'm just I'm just putting out there for myself. Yeah, everybody knows that I have children and I love them.
Speaker 9: Today No absolutely, I'm just saying, like, like that feel awkward because I'm a DJ, and I played arklaf and I and I think he's a genius, you know what I'm saying. But I found myself in a crossroads when you start to see the things that come out and you're just like anybody.
Speaker 5: I think the crossroad is the fact that you're surprised, why should I not be anything that's on earth, Like, I don't.
Speaker 8: Know, I'm definitely not surprised of anything that happens in the world. But that happens when you get older.
Speaker 2: When when I'm.
Speaker 3: Originally playing r Kelly, I'm a child as well, you know what I'm saying. So so I'm just saying, like when we start to grow up and you realize you're like, that's unacceptable, Well.
Speaker 8: Yeah, whatever somebody's accused of, whatever, we're thinking of, whatever's being told to us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, if you don't know.
Speaker 5: That, that's just then that's just back to the part of society now, like it's just coming since at this point from where.
Speaker 6: I grew up.
Speaker 5: But of course motherfuckers that's listening or motherfuckers is looking at news and having.
Speaker 2: To be told and controlled. We know, not not you.
Speaker 5: I'm saying, mass people who look to news to figure out things. I think that's an important listen and just raising kids, like my my child should know coming what coming senses.
Speaker 2: Common sense is lacking in the world, which is the point why you're over trying.
Speaker 5: You're trying to overiterate what we mean, and like what we stand by and what we don't have to because yeah, because you feel like you have to because it's stupid.
Speaker 2: Motherfucker's listening right now.
Speaker 5: That's so I think they're actually saying that they agreement, like motherfucker, No, you don't get.
Speaker 2: It from don't say bigger you know I love my stupid See he said the whole crowd, like, stop stupid listeners. But what I'm saying, I'm stupid too, Like I understand, I understand.
Speaker 5: That you have to say, like, oh yeah, as much as I love my kids, I kill every one of you for them, Like I have to actually say that.
Speaker 2: That's fucking nuts, Like what happened to come in sence time ago? But unfortunately but now for for four mom se me, how did that record come together? Man, tell you the truth. That's all.
Speaker 5: Jay Jay had this had this record already and he asked me to add lib to to certain things or whatever in the in the song, and it was just more him being family than anything. It's like, y'all, I want you to want you to do these vocals on this record, and it wasn't ever about a feature.
Speaker 2: It's about anything. I think.
Speaker 5: It's just the fact that, oh, it's dreams, so it should be a feature of whatever it is.
Speaker 2: But for me, it was like, oh yeah, I do the fucking background.
Speaker 5: I do so many backgrounds on so many things, like period because my whole point is to making sure that.
Speaker 2: An artist gets their story heard, you know.
Speaker 5: And get their point out, like it's not about me, it's about And I think that's the great part about being a songwriter.
Speaker 2: When it's never about you in the first place. You don't mind your artists. You're like, oh, they put my feature credit on there.
Speaker 5: You're going to fucking crazy like kick ship, call lawyers and do all kinds.
Speaker 2: Of ship that shit. It's like, did you get your point out? Did you make a great album? People love it? Awesome?
Speaker 1: I did my ship sot I dream, you know, because I am a pettant nigga in a good way.
Speaker 2: I just want to throw that out there that I need a dream record, like.
Speaker 9: Got you.
Speaker 2: When you're at you just tell me whatever you I fly wherever you at. I don't give before because I want to be at your zone. I want to be like I want to get crazy. Whatever you want to do it like, whatever you want to do if you want to be like record somewhere.
Speaker 1: I'm so if I set up to ass eating tables, you like, that's the I'm mad I watched though.
Speaker 2: You know I wasn't think like a sushi joints. I was thinking about the wives. I wasn't thinking about it'll be a dividery ship, so you won't see what I'm doing. Listen to music that before you get up your dream limited something. You set the standards for the cool R and B.
Speaker 1: But in real life, I'm saying you did that. Then you did that on drinke Champs. But in real life when you contributed to the.
Speaker 2: Game, we have to salute. We have to continue to salute as a culture.
Speaker 1: You have to continue to be filled like a king and treated like a king, because that's what we are in this thing of ours.
Speaker 2: We sacrifice and we give our lives to this game. So I want you to always know that even other people like me man d J E f N, we know what you sacrifice to be in this game. We know what you're doing. We understand, and we're gonna salute that ship. Your figure. Smell me, yes that I always smell you. I say them all. I dropping me done