Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Covino and Rich Podcast.
Speaker 2: Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to the four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for Comno Rich at Foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app. It's like searching FSR.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Super fun time. Let's go. This really is.
Speaker 2: You could think that's pathetic and say, well, that says a lot about your personal life.
Speaker 1: Maybe it does.
Speaker 2: My favorite two hours of the day begins right now, Right now, let's go.
Speaker 1: I feel you. Welcome to your NFL preseason. Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Covino and Rich, We stay ready. Thank you for being here with us. Danny G's our super producer. We got Sexy Ryan on the ones and Tuesdaday, Dan Bayer, the consummate professionals got your updates. Thank you Fox Sports Radio Nation for hanging and banging. It's Thursday, so we throw at old school. We get you involved, and of course we're gonna be talking some football and some PDA.
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 2: Let's rock out and I'll give credit. Coco Goff, of all athletes, has what I think is the best answer to a controversial question.
Speaker 3: Yes, the third rail, my man. Yeah, we're gonna get into it, hey, Rich, before we get any deeper. I'm so happy because I know you must have lived up to your promise on yesterday's show. Ricky and I busted our butts last night to turn this around quickly a new stager. Listen, I'm gonna watch now that Rich has finally watched Quarterback on Netflix.
Speaker 1: I'm making notes. Let the NFL season command.
Speaker 2: Football tell Yeah, we're so pumped you finally watch Quarterback on Netflix?
Speaker 1: All ready for today? Yeah, guys, what do you mean I'm gonna watch tonight? Are you wee thing I watched up? They made the stage or now.
Speaker 3: I know what scoundrel?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Wait a second, So we can't even talk football because he didn't even watch it yet.
Speaker 1: No, we can't because tonight, guys, I'm watching. I'm watching.
Speaker 2: So you're telling me Danny and Ricky had time to make that incredible stager, but you didn't have time to watch a few episodes on Netflix.
Speaker 1: Well, tonight it was more important.
Speaker 2: I don't have to wake up Friday mornings, to be honest, until I really want to. Friday mornings is our as you call it glorious Fridays. So tonight here's the plan. I'm gonna do the weird move of DVR in a game. I'm taking my daughter to the iHeart Theater to see Alex Warren and the Pig star.
Speaker 1: Danny G.
Speaker 2: That's no who there? That guy's selling out the arenas. You call me to tell me the dumbest things I do all the time. Yes, why wouldn't you like drop a little hint and remind me Alex warrenan was playing, Maybe I would have tried to get some tickets. They can call me to tell me about a lint ball that you picked off on your sweatshirt, but you can't tell me that our video guy spot hit me up yesterday and he goes, doesn't your daughter like Alex Warnigo, that's like her favorite pop star.
Speaker 1: He goes, well, she's at the Eye, he's at the iHeart Theater.
Speaker 3: One. Whatever, I'm not gonna complain.
Speaker 1: I made a call.
Speaker 2: But then then I'm gonna watch the Hall of Fame game and then Danny G like late night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't believe it.
Speaker 1: Quarterback quarterback.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you know what I watched last night, And I'll give a quick review before you get into the meat of the show.
Speaker 1: Which is a lot of l didn't watch last night Quarterback? I know, I know.
Speaker 2: So let's find out what took precedence over what Danny G has been asking you now for weeks, four weeks, for weeks, Oh you are four weeks? Why because if your buddy and Danny your crew, if they're not on the same page, you can't have those discussions.
Speaker 1: You want to put it in my burrito. I've got a lot you want you watch? You watched?
Speaker 3: You watched Hawk instead of Cape fear right, I did. You've been putting off Quarterback on Netflix for weeks and weeks and weeks, and your your TV viewing is just embarrassing. You watch what was it, Dink or Doink something like that in.
Speaker 1: It was about pickleball? You watched?
Speaker 2: You watched some documentary about Dunk the Clown, which, by the way, I would watch. So last night I get home late. I met a buddy for dinner. You know when you catch up with an old friend and you pick up where you left off.
Speaker 1: Oh man, Clemens could have waited, bro.
Speaker 2: So I get home late and my wife's like, we're caught up on Silo, right, I'm like, Silo, best TV show there is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, at least that's one good show. You're watching it that good?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really good. Maybe I get on that.
Speaker 2: And then I'm on Apple TV and in one year I hear Danny saying, boo, you gotta watch Quarterback. But I see episode one of ted Lasso, just like do do because you're not watching no ted Lasso? Because I love Lasso, and I thought the show ended on a perfect note. I was like, why, I get it. You know, Sidakis is making a ton of money, it's a big area. Is Rich Starner watching ted Lasso because he thought it was the show about sexy cowboys. That's why he really started watching and he was disappointed. But it turns out he like Sadeka Sidekas is great. The whole show is great. I thought it ended perfectly, So I was honor honestly disappointed when I heard it was coming back, because I in my mind thought money grab.
Speaker 1: I get it. It's a big show for Apple.
Speaker 2: They're gonna they're gonna squeeze this this lemon dry.
Speaker 1: But I watched episode one squeezing lemons.
Speaker 2: I watched episode one of season four, and it really was likable. And I'm like, damn it, it's still good, so I get what they're doing. They they did a pick up three years later, like Lasso's living back in Kansasy. Is there any way you and Ricky could change the production to Ted Lasso instead?
Speaker 3: A man, Ricky's not gonna be happy when he hears this news.
Speaker 1: I kinda faked it, guys, and be like, man, Joe Fla, I what a guy?
Speaker 3: Hut Man. He and I were literally, I really have a new soft spot. I'm not and I'm not. I'm not exaggerating. We were. Ricky and I were texting about this stupid stage or at like six in the morning. And Rich didn't even watch the damn show last night.
Speaker 1: Kidding guys, of course I did, But Danny, I will watch it tomorrow.
Speaker 2: A Friday recap of Quarterback and a Friday recap of your first NFL game of twenty twenty six. And as we said yesterday, if you are anything like us, I mean I would imagine Dan Buyer even more because he's into college football an equal amount, and he does fantasy sports shows and he's the.
Speaker 1: Leader of our Are we doing that Guillotine league again?
Speaker 4: Dan?
Speaker 3: TBD? But probably probably.
Speaker 2: So he's got leagues, he's got shows, he's got football to watch.
Speaker 1: He life changes starting tonight, he might do it, but kick us out of it. Yeah, you guys, deliver When to kick myself out of us?
Speaker 2: I really didn't with all the football going on, just to remind her that life changes today. You might need to remind your wife or kids or something. But starting today, from now until Valentine's Day, essentially you have football.
Speaker 1: And we joked about it yesterday.
Speaker 2: But your Monday, your Thursday, your Saturday, if you're into college football, your Sunday, your Sunday night, like it is a it's a game changer as far as what's on in the background, what you're watching, what days you plan to go out for dinner with an old school friends like you do really unfortunately, dictate a lot of your little happenings around the NFL schedule, NFL preseason Thursday, Cardinals Panthers Hall of Fame game.
Speaker 1: You'll have it on in the background.
Speaker 3: For sure.
Speaker 1: Maybe you're not glued in.
Speaker 2: It doesn't mean all that much, but it gets you in that mindset, and you know what, we'll elaborate more on over promise.
Speaker 1: Not only are people.
Speaker 2: In that football mode, if you got little ones, if your dad and a coach like I am, know what's happening right now flag football sign ups. So it is like straight up football, man, Ye enjoy it.
Speaker 3: Just to see our favorite players in pads is exciting because we know how close we are to the start of the real season.
Speaker 2: And then the reminders begin, like oh yeah, I forgot this guy's on that team, and you know, you start making all those mental notes and yeah, the fun begins faces new places.
Speaker 1: So dude, I'm so excited about football. I'm gonna jump out of my chair like Jeffery Young the Mets hold on, he gets way more air time. I like that guy. How cool? Is that the only exciting thing for the Mets this year?
Speaker 2: You know it's something we're gonna dissect in a more uncensored manner on our Bonus show today. Over promised, because I feel like everyone's full of baloney. People are allowed to batflip and gritty and posing the end zone and do everything in all sports, but some dudes jumping on the pitching mound that we've got a problem.
Speaker 3: It's a little much. If he was on another team, I think you'd be making fun of him.
Speaker 2: Oh it's a lot, and Cleveland didn't hold back. They were making fun of them. So you know, I still think it's exciting, and you know I have a theory on it, and let's definitely discuss that on over promised as well. That's right after this show four pm on the West, seven on the East. Right here on our YouTube page where we're streaming live right now, so you can join us live now, chat it up and then join us on our bonus pod right after this show at Covino and rich FSR on YouTube. At Covino and rich FSR on YouTube now speaking of football, yes, and getting in the right mindset and everything. We touched on this yesterday, but we didn't have that much time. We made our point, but we didn't get everybody involved. Can we please discuss the Justin Herbert Madison beer thing? Can we please discuss PDA on the way we meant to discuss it? Say something without sounding like a creep. Probably not, because everybody has your creep anyway, So go ahead.
Speaker 1: Let me try. Dude.
Speaker 2: She's like abnormally good looking, like gorgeous.
Speaker 1: We saw her at the iHeart Jingle Ball.
Speaker 2: Kevino and I every year, take our daughters on a little Daddy daughter night too. Ihearts jingle Ball she performed. Every time I see this woman, I'm like, yo, she is just strikingly good looking. No creepba just she's twenty seven years old. It's like like she's just abnormally good looking. And Herbert is a quarterback in the NFL. It's like a match made of heaven. If anyone has something to say in HR, I'm doing this for research purposes, but I'm looking up these really sexy photo I didn't say do that well research, I get to see what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Private Brown.
Speaker 2: All right, No, she's beautiful, but what do we expect from a superstar starting NFL Studeley young.
Speaker 1: Quarterback, who's he supposed to be with? As my mom would say, broom Hill missus.
Speaker 2: You know now, I know Travis Kelsey, you know Rose the Steaks a lot. Everyone's looking for their their Travis Kelce Taylor Swift sort of power couple moment. Nowadays, it's definitely in the air. I think a lot of times when you talk about celebrity couples, power couples, the Russell Wilson's in Sierra's the Travis and Taylor's.
Speaker 1: The Travis they invented, but he did put it on the mat, the Josh Allen and Helle Steinfeld the Verlander and uh.
Speaker 2: Oh, hold on, we can think about it. Let's use our brains. Yes, Kate Upton stop, I was gonna say bj Upton, You're right, Kate, that's not bj Upton, Kate.
Speaker 1: That could be your nickname. I don't know. So so when.
Speaker 2: You think about all these amazing celebrity couples right athlete with you know, successful, beautiful, talented woman, I feel like Madison Beer and Justin Herbert, not that they're going under the radar, but like Jim Harbaugh is so supported You mentioned Josh Allen, I did, Yeah, okay, Jim Harbaugh is so supportive. The team is so supportive her people to the point where it's almost like, well, where is where is the line? And I know you feel like you saw the line the other I saw the line this week. Now if you haven't seen it, it's gone completely viral. We did touch on it yesterday but didn't have that much time. We had a fun discussion, a fun show yesterday. If you missed everything on the podcast or YouTube page. All right, So the picture is they're at training camp and justin Herbert's there. He's laying on the grass, maybe uh, doing some stretches. I don't know what he's doing exactly. But guess who else is on the field. Madison Beer, his fiancee, stroking his hair and she's fixing his little you know, his little hair clip that he wears. That's what it appeared. This is what appears to be happening. I don't know, she's messing with his hair and uh, you know, they're having this cannoodling moment that Dan Buyer pointed out. They're cannoodling on the field. They're having these little nome kisses, little tickle fight on the field, and it's all cute, and it's all great. If they're sitting, you know, in the booth across from you at the restaurant, you know, if they're at home on their couch, they're at training. I disagree, and I'll tell you why, because I feel like this is one of those moments where if you zoom out right, hold on, I know there's other women, no, no, not only other women, but kids, and it looks like fans and it looks like it's almost at the end of practice or after practice here starting where it's like maybe it's a fan experience. It was not like they're doing reps with the first team and Herbert decides to sit down in massive Beard's like, came here, let me fix your change.
Speaker 1: Things a little bit.
Speaker 2: But guess what, all those other people aren't targets, right, they're not justin Herbert, they're not.
Speaker 1: He's under major scrutiny. Games he's not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's the face of the football team. Has he delivered a super Bowl? Like no one wants to see that right now? Yeah, but you know what, she's high and all that. But you do that having all the time. It's like I don't, I don't. Has my girlfriend ever even been in the studio? The answer is no, But what if she was here right now fixing my hair? Like that's not the professional look.
Speaker 5: You need.
Speaker 1: You fix your own hair enough. I fix my own hair.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you all that I think you're looking at You're looking at it from about how hot she is. She's distracting. You're looking at it from the wrong perspective. What's the what's the perspective?
Speaker 1: When are when are you?
Speaker 2: You're your happiest and most productive and focused when you're just really happy in life. And this kid looks like he's on cloud nine, engaged to a beautiful artist. She's gorgeous, he's talented. The coach is like, yo, she's great. That's that's all great. Rich, But there's a time and place no one's not happy for the guy. I'm super happy for the guy.
Speaker 3: He's not he's not engaged with the practice.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that he's a good looking, successful quarterback. She's a good looking, successful artist. I think it's cool. I don't see where, like, I don't see where you say this is distracting. Like people play before every game. You see my dude, George Kittle and Yushchek, what do they do? They always go down by the sideline, give their wives a little kisses. And she payer is a field with him playing there like they're having a picnic or something. But it's also you know, it's training camp. It looks again like but as optics, maybe all right, maybe you're describing maybe the truth of the situation, and the truth is it wasn't a optics of it is it's not good for him, and and and the feedback that he's gonna get if hocklash, he's gonna get.
Speaker 1: And how is that worth?
Speaker 2: If Mike McDaniel was in the background blowing a whistle like come on out, justin, get back in the huddle, and he's like.
Speaker 1: One more smoochie, then I'd say, dude, you're right.
Speaker 2: But it looks from the picture again, this is one of those like, uh, you know when someone posts on Instagram like colik at this beautiful waterfall, let me see this. You don't you think Fernando Mendoza would do that? Or is he focused? He doesn't have he doesn't have a game with Tom Brady.
Speaker 1: Have done that?
Speaker 2: Absolutely not follow the blueprint. These these guys, even if they're not, have to create the illusion that they're focused on football, not canoodling. And that's how I see it.
Speaker 1: You think you can only anyway.
Speaker 2: You think it's football or nothing all not want happy and fun and great relationships.
Speaker 1: But do we bring it into the workplace.
Speaker 2: No. And he's the he's the face of the franchise, so you know you're gonna get me on a sort of criticism.
Speaker 1: My face of the franchise was really good.
Speaker 2: And also I was like engaged, like he's really I'd be like he's really he's really good, but they expect him to be really great. But here's my question. My question is, you know when you see these dopes on social media, like I'm in front of this waterfall in Hawaii and it looks like they're all alone. But then if you zoomed out, there's like one hundred people there and it's like it's a tourist attraction, but it looks like in that moment they're alone. I think if you zoomed out, I guarantee this fans, personnel, families, people around it.
Speaker 1: Just it really didn't look like what's that scene where the Harby Stone of Frisbee to his dog. Where's that scene where.
Speaker 2: Brendan Fraser is in the movie where he's romantic be dazzled and he's like he's all romantic, like on a beach. I think you're just picturing this to be like this really cute like picnic and who gave the.
Speaker 1: Public the ammunition to do that?
Speaker 3: They did?
Speaker 1: But what is wrong with love? Dude? You have plenty of day for that. Okay, how long is training? I was after practice or before? I guarantee it was not in the middle Like I said, it's I don't think.
Speaker 2: But it's on the field. I don't think that's that's my problem with it. It's on the field, he's the quarterback. And again, create the illusion when the fans seem to be more passionate about the success of the franchising of the team.
Speaker 1: That's the problem. Create the illusion that you're all in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Rich're making it sound like it's first team movie night. And there were other couples on blankets around that.
Speaker 2: I didn't see anyone else having a picnic. I didn't see that, or that's how it looks by the way, it's the only ring he's ever gonna get to and he's gonna get all that sort of backlash Ryan of course as a result. But you know what, in the end of the day and the middle of the beginning, yeo, who's winning right now?
Speaker 1: Justin Herbert, But dude, okay.
Speaker 3: Not if you don't produce, especially with Mike McDaniel.
Speaker 2: This season a sport of winning and he needs to win, right, That's number one as far as in life, right, no one's mad at him. If anything, we're all happy that he found someone he's happy to be and no one's hating on his relationship. It's when you bring your relationship into the workplace and now it's gone viral. That's not what people should be talking about when it comes to his team. To show you how fair I am. I'm like, I'm like Judge Judy, but you're making it like everyone's hating or jealous or envious, and that's that's not.
Speaker 1: Who's the most fair person you know? Would it be Judge Judy.
Speaker 2: Chevy every saints? Who's the most fair person you know? Judge Wapner, who's the most fair?
Speaker 1: Danny Judy? Definitely Judy.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'm gonna be like Judge Judge Steve Harvey, I'm gonna give you a judgment because it was last year because I don't forget what I say, because I say a lot of dumb stuff and a lot of insightful stuff mixed up together. When Justin Herbert didn't want to talk to an on field reporter after the game last year, I was the first to be like, Yo, what a jo what a jerk? Like talk to the reporter? That's part of your job. Wow, you rub me the wrong way. And I came down hard on Herbert and I was like, Yo, he needs to step up and just be you'd be a better dude with that stuff.
Speaker 1: But I'm wise enough to be like, look at this guy.
Speaker 2: He's in love and his coach and everyone encourages it, saying, what does Jim Harbaugh say? Madison's a lovely young woman and I'm really excited for justin.
Speaker 1: Apparently everybody loves you.
Speaker 2: You don't think this guy's focused. Why do you make it sell like like his first girl. It's his girlfriend and he's gonna be distracted. I'm saying it's the optics of it, because you know what happens. God, why do I have to explain everything to you? You should know when he loses again, you know what it all comes back to, Well, if he wasn't there hob nobbing on the field with his girlfriend, with his fiance, maybe, if he was more focused on football instead of having a picnic and worrying about his hair, he's giving critics ammunition. It's it's it all goes back to the Giant's boat picture. You know what I mean, Like, oh, the one reason when you're like I'm so I'm not there? That one, yes, that one. You know, you're giving people a reason to say, look, hey see, that's why they lost. When he doesn't produce, It'll all go back to that. So why get people to amo when you have the rest of the day to go and hang out with your girlfriend. You're right about that. It's all going to come back to that. If he doesn't run in the playoffs, it's going to come back to he should have put football first. I agree, where's his focus? I agree, optics, he has a let's let's say he has a mental error, he makes a dumb mistake on the field. Oh, he's clearly not focused on the game wedding exactly.
Speaker 1: It's going to go back to that. Does anyone say that about Christian McCaffrey and Olivia Cuppo.
Speaker 3: They're not on a blanket having a picnic in the middle of Bills campy.
Speaker 2: I've seen pictures of them on social media. I know she's at the game, but I'm not seeing that.
Speaker 1: I mean, the players wives are a big part of Danny.
Speaker 2: You know, when I watched the previous seasons of Quarterback tonight so that I start the new one, by the way tonight, but I remember thinking these wives and girlfriends are so instrumental in the mindset and lives of these guys.
Speaker 1: Hey dude, it's a little annoying too.
Speaker 2: All Right, everybody's jocas. Everybody's got a significant other for the most part. Right, Like, let's put it in our perspective. Right, we're here doing a show. We're trying to be focused on the show man. What are we talking about? Old school in fifty it's right, Danny, Hey, Danny, you got that new production and then here we got Rich and his wife, you know, making out in the corner.
Speaker 1: It's like, Hey, there's what's going on here. We're supposed to be focused.
Speaker 2: We're a team. This is team time, see what I'm saying. So that's like that you're providing now an awkward situation for everybody else. Maybe some of his teammates want to talk some logistics. Hey, hey, herb Bert, is it on that ten yard out? Should I be uh, you know, what should I be doing?
Speaker 1: Dipping and ripping over there or what? You know?
Speaker 2: Maybe they want to talk to him because it's a teen moment. Leave your personal stuff at home for now. If you if Danny g was here, ca noodle and I'd be like, what's he doing?
Speaker 1: Aren't we at the job? He's on the field.
Speaker 2: That's the difference. Two different that nobody's happy for him? Are so happy for the guy?
Speaker 3: In our YouTube channel chat, Scott for Mayer says, it's twenty twenty six. My girlfriend has kissed me at my office. Chris English two thirty though, says not what. No one's taking pictures of him. Chris English says not surprised. The horniest dude Rich thinks it's all good. Lol.
Speaker 1: That's a fair points.
Speaker 2: A fair point guy, going, bro, I think it's weird that if you said, if my wife is in here, we're making it on the corner, what do you want to watch?
Speaker 1: No, I would say, I would say, I mean so anyway.
Speaker 2: Your thoughts on Herbert canoodling a great word with Madison Beer.
Speaker 1: I feel happy for him. In fact, I am happy for him.
Speaker 2: If if I so many for him that restaurant or something, I'd be very happy for him. Keep in mind that the Chargers by no means am I saying I'm rooting for them. You know, I'm a Niners fan, and I'll be pulling for Danny Danny's team in the AFC West. He's a Raiders fan, and you know the Mendoza Kirk Cousin storyline is pretty sweet. But I I like Jim Harbaugh, right, former Niners head coach. You know, I love Mike McDaniel for what he did with the Niners, and I thought he got a little bit of a raw deal in Miami.
Speaker 1: So I sort of like what the Chargers got doing.
Speaker 2: I think McDaniel brings a whole new layer, Danny, if you don't think the Chargers offensively are going to be a different team with their weapons.
Speaker 3: They had two major injuries on their O lines, so Herbert was running for his life, and I just wanted to mention Richie because you brought it.
Speaker 1: Up again running for his wife. Would you say you brought.
Speaker 3: It up again that you're way behind on quarterback so you're really going to have to catch up. Because dB, Seahawks are now featured on Hard Knocks, which started on Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Oh you know what, maybe I'll watch that first. No, I'm kidding, I'm kidding. What's up?
Speaker 3: dB?
Speaker 7: I was shocked because one of the themes of this offseason is how people aren't they're underestimating the Seahawks. No one was talking about Tuesday night's episode. I watched it twice, like I loved it because it was my team and it was a different experience. But like if there was any with talk radio for how many years? Was the next day of Hard Knocks something that shows we're going to talk about Nobody talked about it. Nobody's set a peep about it. Cooper Cup wondered why he was invited to the Taylor Swift Travis Kelsey wedding, bringing that up one, that.
Speaker 1: Was the first I've heard of this. Yes, that's so wow. Yeah, I haven't heard that until right now.
Speaker 3: Why would we talk about this with rich when he hasn't even watched quarterbacks?
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I'm gonna watch all the guys A great reminder to watch Hard Knock.
Speaker 1: Gonna watch all of that.
Speaker 3: I saw the first episode. It was really good.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you you know what, I'm gonna do something right now. I'm gonna make a prop bet that Justin Herbert's the MVP.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're out of your mind. I think you got you guys have now pushed me too far. I'm glad that he's happy. No one's not glad that he's happen.
Speaker 2: So when I think about it, with McDaniel and his numbers that he already puts up, now he's got an offensive line of healthy and new oc.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Danny, you know what, I'll even buy you lunch when I win that bat. How about that?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 2: Well, we got more CONVENI on Rich your thoughts on Madison, Beer and Herbert and just public displays of affection period, especially at the workplace PDA in general.
Speaker 1: How does that make you feel?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think it's I always look at that couple and I'm like, I feel happy for them.
Speaker 3: By the way, for the Seahawks, the five episode season will air every Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Oh that's pretty say you look at that. Okay, I feel happy for them too.
Speaker 3: Rich.
Speaker 2: Like I said, if you're on vacation and you're watching a happy young couple and everything like that. But if if Ryan was there and there was some girl there, he was like, you know, smooching on her, and then he missed a commercial and he missed a commercial, but just did justin Herbert miss something that I'm missing? No, but he that will be a playoff win. That's what he missed. He's missing that, and it'll all go back to that when he does.
Speaker 1: Is there a girl that Ryan you don't get to go?
Speaker 2: Okay, no, but when he does, and if he does miss something. It's go back to that. Unfortunately, especially in the social media world we live in. All right, well, hey we got more meme provider man. Oh oh up, oh oh.
Speaker 1: Breaking news from Fox Sports, guys.
Speaker 7: This has been percolating over the last hour or so, but the Lions and running back Jamier Gibbs have agreed to terms on a three year extension that could be north of seventy five million dollars. Number one, just topping Majon Robinson's deal that he signed. Seventy five point seventy five million dollars is the total, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter, fifty one and a half million dollars guaranteed. So Jamiir Gibbs his hold in ending in Detroit as he gets his three year extension.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's awesome, it is. It is fun awesome for him.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I wonder Robinson. I wonder if there was.
Speaker 2: A sentiment like it's got to be like a dollar more list than Robinson that you know, there is those little petty games.
Speaker 7: Fifty one million guaranteed, I think for Robinson yesterday he gets fifty one and a half million guaranteed.
Speaker 1: YEP, that's great, Thank you. D be great update.
Speaker 2: We got more Kavino and Rich a lot of NFL as we get ready for tonight. Right here Kavino Rich on Fox Sports Radio. If you work in logistics, you know one thing. Nothing moves without you, and right now, companies everywhere are looking for skilled people who can keep their supply chains running strong. Find your next job to Express Employment Pros At Express Employment Professionals, Logistics isn't just another career field. It's a specialty from warehouse associates and forklift operators to shipping and receiving CDL drivers, inventory coordinators, and more. Express connects you with roles that keep businesses moving. Go to Expresspros dot com and find a location near you.
Speaker 1: Give them a call.
Speaker 2: Whether you need to get your foot in the door with a contract roll or looking for full time work, Express finds you a job where your skills fit and your experience matters.
Speaker 1: And the best part with Express.
Speaker 2: There are never any job fees for seekers that are seeking jobs. So if you're ready for your next shift, your next challenger, your next big move, let Express help you find the logistic job that fits. Visit Expresspros dot com today. Stop searching alone, get support, get options, get to work. Hey, it's Rob Parker and Kelvin Washington from The Odd Couple on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 5: And in addition to hearing us week nights from seven to ten pm Eastern on Fox Sports Radio, we are excited to announce brand new YouTube channel for the show.
Speaker 2: That's right, you can now watch The Odd Couple live on YouTube every day.
Speaker 5: All you gotta do search Odd Couple FSR on YouTube again YouTube, Just search Odd Couple FSR. Check us out on YouTube and subscribe.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Steven Doug, Boo, Tobby, Yeah, Covino, and Rich the Stephen Doug of Fox Sports Radio. Spe out of yourself, Tobby Brothers. We got Danny g Emilio and of course Sexy Ryan on the ones and two. S DB's got your update in five minutes or less, Yes, so stick around for that.
Speaker 1: We already got a really good Gibbs update.
Speaker 2: So can I tell you that my idea of the justin Herbert MVP prop bet plus one thousand the only people with better odds of Herbert most valuable public display of affection the not Super Bowl the MVP odds. Josh Allen, Yes, you'd expect Josh Allen then most most viral PDA, then Burrow and then Mahomes and Herbert right there at plus one thousand. Well, we were talking about Justin Herbert and again his NFL preseason Thursday, Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. So NFL's in the air. You could watch the show by the way at Covin on Rich FSR. People chiming in live. Shout out to Rennick and Robert David and Jason Nichols Scott for Mayer. People chiming in at coven on Rich FSR. We have a few calls about PDA public displays of affection. Is it the biggest deal that Madison Beer was on the field sing justin Herbert's hair and it's a training camp. It's not the biggest deal, but it could become a big deal. And why why give any trolls the ammunition? If you're the face of the franchise, you.
Speaker 1: Know, I'll give it the analogy.
Speaker 2: I think if it becomes a problem and a distraction, then yes, Otherwise you know what it's like.
Speaker 4: You know this.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you'll see someone brings their kid to the office once in a while. That's cute, But if they did it more than once in a while, if everybody did If they did it, they did it. If they did it more than once in a while, then you'd be like, yeah, yeah, you're your kids.
Speaker 1: Around here too much. What if everyone did it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but this would be like if Dan Patrick did it, he's the face of our network. If he was canoodling, no, you should yes, if he had his kid like sleeping in the man cave right in front of it the Peacock camera.
Speaker 2: Now I'm thinking maybe I could bring my kid and let them sleep here too, and then everyone brings their kids here.
Speaker 3: It's like all of us would see that on Peacock be like, man, I'm gonna bring Koe in on tomorrow's show.
Speaker 2: He's also the quarterback of the team. And it's not during play again, let's just go to the phone to.
Speaker 3: Run around with his Minion's park gun.
Speaker 2: Live on the air, PDA Your Thoughts eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox, And speaking of Dan Patrick, word on the Streets, guys will be filling in for a few dates in the next few weeks, So not word on the streets where it looks like we're doing the hat trick. The bus keeps adding days. Yeah, so you know what, it's always an honor. So we're down, so absolutely listening. Next week stay tuned at Covino and Richard, who we got dating?
Speaker 3: All right, let's go to Idaho. Wait you know Covino is yeah, big out there? Yeah, Fred?
Speaker 1: Hey Fred, Hey, happy football?
Speaker 6: You goofballs?
Speaker 3: Thanks?
Speaker 2: Man, What are you listening on? Ninety nine point nine? The potato where we're it's called the hot Potato ninety nine nine?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 6: Man? It's hot, it's hot. Hey. So let's a different slant on this. A number of years ago, I was a lifeguard supervisor at a community center up here. They had two pools, two hot tubs, and it's a community center, and they had a policy regarding discourage PDA in in the pools, in the hot tub. Yeah, and it was many times an awkward situation to kind of uh enforce that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you go up to somebody like stop stop cuddling.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well yeah, I'm not talking about like a husband and wife, a kiss on the cheek, holding hands. I mean there was this one time there was this beautiful couple in the hot tub, tattooed and really good shape, and they were like almost getting ready to get it on I had to go up there and uh, you know, there's old ladies in there and they're looking and I'm like, okay.
Speaker 1: You got to go up there.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Fred.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, listen, it's uh that was funny. Thank you, Fred. I appreciate you. Fred. He did get me thinking though that. You know, let's just take the rest of the vocal.
Speaker 1: I like you go on and on about this.
Speaker 3: All right, let's talk to Jim in the Sacramento area.
Speaker 8: Jam, Hey, Pellow, how you doing.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I was just a figuliar conversation.
Speaker 8: And and and I thought Justin Herbert was one of the best coming out of his quarterback class. But you know, he really doesn't have to worry about the ladies anymore. I think he can focus more on football. But what it reminded me of is a story of Joe Montana who called his wife during the game from the bench.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why do you criticize Joe Montana, Steve?
Speaker 1: What was it for?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 1: I forget no, Joe Montana.
Speaker 2: You know, my favorite player of all time. Yeah, we don't want to, sorry, but what was he calling for? He was on the sideline in the eighties, and the story goes he picked up the phone and randomly, He's like, well.
Speaker 1: What do you usually do?
Speaker 3: You wanted to see if it dial.
Speaker 2: But he goes, you know, usually you pick up a random phone. Remember back in the day, you'd always pressed nine first. Yeah, so he pressed nine and he called his wife. His wife answered, She's like, you're in the middle of the game. He's like, that's and I'm great. I'm glad that Joe Montana was in love.
Speaker 3: Joe's wife wasn't on the field to say, you know, your fingers through his feathered mullet.
Speaker 1: We didn't see it, you know, he didn't do it in our faces. Actually, what happened is he called her because his hand was hurting him because he had four championship.
Speaker 3: All right, Before we get to DB's update, let's wrap this with Sean and Phoenix.
Speaker 1: Hey Sean, what's up in Hey guys? How you doing?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 4: So, I mean, I think my biggest question with this would be like, what if this was a Michael Beer versus a Madison beer, you know on the I mean, I think the PDA on the field is one thing, and that's great, and we all objectively agree it's a beautiful woman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what if she wasn't hot? Madison Beer. He said, Michael, he might be as hot.
Speaker 4: He might be as hot as a Madison Beer.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm I don't but I don't think so she's pretty hot. Well, I mean, but he's saying, yeah, switch it up with someone else, maybe a dude or someone else.
Speaker 1: Like you're something that changes. You're saying, I only like it.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what I'm saying, Like you only like and make exceptions because you like her maybe so well, you know, let's go to dB for an update and then we got a lot to get to today.
Speaker 1: It's old school in fifty hits and more NFL. But what's doing dB?
Speaker 7: We had the breaking news that Jamier Gibbs is now the highest paid running back in NFL history, report saying he gets a three year extension that could be worth up to seventy five and a half million dollars and his guaranteed money as fifty one and a half, both of those numbers slightly topping the deal that Jon Robinson to the Falcons signed yesterday. Colt's running back Jonathan Taylor agreed to terms on a two year extension with forty four million dollars that could be worth up to forty seven million. Taylor gets thirty nine million dollars from Indy. No practice today for Packers running back Josh Jacobs, who sat out with a groin injury. In baseball, Cubs and Blue Jays tied up at two apiece in the eleventh inning. In fact, Toronto had a two to nothing lead in the bottom of the ninth inning with two outs, but Alex Bregman hit a two run home run to tie the game and force extras waste the outing back Dylan Sez, who struck out ten and seven for the Blue Jays. The Angels top the Orioles four to one. Brewers beat the Pirates five to two. Reds were six to five winners against the a and the Mets took out the Guardians thirteen to six. Other game going on right now is in Seattle, where the Tigers have a four to nothing lead on the Mariners. In the sixth inning, Cobbs just beats the Blue Jays by a score of three to two, Pete crow Armstrong ending up being the hero. Finally, guys ESPN reports at the Wizards and star Anthony Davis will wait until the regular season to talk about a possible contract extension. I want to see where the Wizard season is going, want to see where the health of Davis is.
Speaker 3: So they're going to hold off those talks. Now back to you guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you, Damn Bayer.
Speaker 2: You know, the first caller from Idaho or pal he made a great point that you sort of let go into the radar.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 2: He said, I think he might be less distracted. Now, so let me ask you to wrap up this conversation. When were you, Steve Cavino, most distracted by women when you had like a steady girlfriend or a wife, or when you imagine being an NFL a professional athlete and you're juggling all these different hussies. I think I think a sickle athlete is more distracted than a married athlete. Inside the lines, It's all focused on what I'm doing at the moment outside the lines with Bobb Lee, that's what I'm focused on. Women and relationships and painting in the as kids and things like that.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, who's more work rich a fiance or an that fiance or girls that are just randoms and you don't have to spend a lot of time.
Speaker 2: I think if you are in a relationship handling. I think you're in a relationship with someone that understands your world, which she does. I think that is less distracting. If you're single and every week you go to a different city, you're swiping, you're looking, you're creeping. I think single athletes are way more distract.
Speaker 1: Guy planning a wedding is less distractive. You think, what do you think he's called a floor You think he's called a florist. Give me your break? All right, we got more Kvinodoretch.
Speaker 2: We go old school in fifty hits, and Coco Goff might have had the best answer yet to a very controversial Chris.
Speaker 1: Or Jared Goff. Coco Cocoa Goff, Yes, Coco more CNRX.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Thursday the new Friday. So my birthday weekend begins, thank you, thank you. Did you get slapped in the face for being a grown man that said my birthday weekend? Well, trust me, I really have nothing to celebrate, So I'm just throwing it out there. Covino and Rich Fox Sports Radio with Danny j and Sexy Ryan on the Ones and two s dp's hanging out and every Thursday we get into old school. When fifty hits but we still have to talk, Coco Goff.
Speaker 1: Maybe we'll be got to talk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have a lot lot of stuff to get to and whatever we don't fit in, we'll be putting on over promised, over promises our bonus show that debuts today right after the show, a new episode, episode one fifty right after the show on the YouTube page.
Speaker 1: But look at the clock, it's fifty. Let's go, there's a certain Yeah, what we gonna do is go back back into town throwing it back for a Thursday.
Speaker 3: Old school went fifty hits at fifty after CNR give you the time capsule topic and we reminisce together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, get this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what apparently your old school when fifty hits on the clock and in life, remember fifties to new forty. Stay young, My friends Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio, we always throw it back on a Thursday.
Speaker 1: But we get you involved, So start calling now eight.
Speaker 2: Seven, seven ninety nine on Fox and on the YouTube live chat at Covine Owners FSR.
Speaker 1: On this day, nineteen.
Speaker 2: Ninety one, you were rocking your bootcut jeans, your carpenter jeans, your bob bela limited editions like it was that it was not a bootcut jean days yet night in the nineties, I had a Raiders starter jacket. You were wearing Zeke Ricci's listening to the Metallica Black album some Nirvana.
Speaker 1: You had a mushroom haircut.
Speaker 3: I was where.
Speaker 1: Zoomba football pants. Danny g had his Doc Martin's.
Speaker 2: So nineteen ninety one, on this day, the World Wide Web made its public debut as a means of accessing.
Speaker 1: Web pages over the Internet. Look at that. So everyone was like, what's the world Wide Web?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Do you congraduate al Gore? Al Gore invented it on this day, That's what he said. So on this day life began to change for everybody. Now you probably had your Compact Presario, your Commodore sixty four year Hewlett.
Speaker 1: Packard, your Gateway truth be told. Do you remember exactly I got it?
Speaker 3: Dell?
Speaker 2: Do you exactly remember when your family got a computer? It might be ninety one, Danny, but my family, I came back from college in the late nineties. In my family had gotten a home computer while I was gone.
Speaker 4: Hold.
Speaker 2: I had a brother, brother p Touch word processor in ninety one. Actually have a home computer until ninety six seven. Maybe I feel like I went to college in ninety seven. Tony ninety eight was my freshman year college. I went to college without my own computer. I was like, I was going to like the computer lab, and then by my second or third year, you had to have your own computer.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That was my first email address.
Speaker 3: Late eighties, early nineties. My stepdad thought he was a baller because he had a Texas Instruments computer.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I texted. He had as speaking spell.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: You know what now, while you didn't maybe have a home computer, I do remember in ninety one and ninety two we would go to computer class in elementary school and I remember playing Oregon Trail and number Munchers.
Speaker 3: That's the topic we're about to get into.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's jump in.
Speaker 2: So what are the early websites you remember? It doesn't have to be from ninety one, but the early websites that you remember visiting, the early game, the games you remember playing things that kids today.
Speaker 1: Will never really care about or experience. But we were there.
Speaker 3: They have no idea that they would have no idea what us grown folks are talking about.
Speaker 2: They don't know the thrill we had at Dancing Baby they'll never know, they don't care, and they'll never understand. Now, when I think the early days of you say the Internet, I'm gonna go games, I said it, Oregon Trail, I thought that.
Speaker 1: Or where in the world is Carmen San Diego? Dude?
Speaker 2: We were thrilled by cool screensavers. You you were been throwed by like that. Remember these screen said that was like the pipe.
Speaker 3: I loved it.
Speaker 2: I watched it for hours, and then I had a little fish tank one you remember that, one with a little quarium one. So again on this day in ninety one. That's when it became a thing. We didn't really all catch on at home until the late nineties, but you were there probably, like Rich said, at school, you had access to a computer.
Speaker 1: In the early night. What were your old school memories.
Speaker 2: We had access to computers in the early eighties. What were your old memories Worldwide Web of the Internet, your old school memories of being on a computer for the first time.
Speaker 1: We'll take your feedback.
Speaker 2: We'll reminis a little bit together on an old school Throwback Thursday and some more NFL So Hank tight Cavin on Rich Fox Sports Radio, Let's go