Speaker 1: It's nine O gene one olgin with Jenny Garth and Tory spelling. Hello, omg ers, we are here with another episode of nine or two and oge hi Hi, how are you? Oh my gosh, this is a busy time for you. I cannot believe my eyeballs. I see that you are doing Dancing with the stars, and I'm so excited for you and slash nervous, freaking out.
Speaker 2: Fair, fair, fair, all, very fair.
Speaker 1: I cannot believe this. How did this come about?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, Well, I think one of the reasons. There were so many reasons. I said no. I was so scared and fearful my whole life. But seeing you in person, what you had to go through, that was enough for me to think I would never do it, because I saw behind the scenes how stressful it was for you and how grueling, and it was a lot.
Speaker 3: What.
Speaker 1: Yes, you can do it. I just take it one day at a time. In your partner's Pasha, you said.
Speaker 2: Pasha, And he is amazing and great and he doesn't let me procrastinate, which is good. What I know, I know.
Speaker 1: He's whipping you into shape.
Speaker 2: I like it. Yeah, and in like a kind way, like I try to tell jokes and everything, and then he's like okay, and again I'm like.
Speaker 1: Shoot, oh my gosh, I cannot believe it. It's coming soon. And next week is the premiere.
Speaker 2: Right, September seventeenth is alive premiere.
Speaker 1: I want to know the shows? No, you know it? What I want to ask you something? You think your biggest like your biggest what's the competition?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: What do you think your biggest competition is me? Yeah, that's a good answer.
Speaker 2: My heart is critic if I can get out of my own brain and self doubt. Yeah, but you know what I got to say, I've met the cast and they're all amazing and funny, and I don't know, I love them already.
Speaker 1: Is that anybody that's like a professional dancer in this year? I don't know who besides you?
Speaker 2: There's always that, right people, which doesn't seem fair. People have professional dance. There's two Olympians, so that right there isn't fair. Right, there's one athlete?
Speaker 1: Wow? Yeah, because they're like built to perform, I know, high stress and all the physical aspects of it.
Speaker 2: Wow. In this beautiful actress Chandler, she was on Zombies for Disney and she has dance background, but different not ballroom. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, you do your best, that's all you can do, and you're going to be great.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Have you made friends? I have made friends.
Speaker 4: Can you tell us who your best friend is? So far?
Speaker 2: Oh? Mysh. We've all spent like maybe like two days together and it's like in and out. I really love Alona the Olympian. Yeah, she's really funny, you know. I like that's cool. She's really cool. Chandler's really cool. Eric Roberts is on it and I worked with him years ago. I don't know every there's not one person on there that's not cool.
Speaker 4: I think you'll make friends that will last a lifetime.
Speaker 2: I hope so you might.
Speaker 4: Some people become like best friends with their partners.
Speaker 3: And they like go to each other's weddings and it's like forever friendship.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Derek's as high Jen.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, he's a judge now right yeah, and Julianne's back right.
Speaker 2: Yes, you're the host and a Fonso Roberto like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's all Derek.
Speaker 3: I know, he's a dream. I love that Jen was his first So I like like, how you said dirty?
Speaker 1: You're dirty, talk about the best to.
Speaker 4: The Huffs are just awesome.
Speaker 1: I love them. Yeah, and they can dance just a little.
Speaker 2: Kind they're okay, okay, Oh my gosh, watching the two of them dance together, mesmerizing.
Speaker 4: Not even real.
Speaker 1: Derek will be so nice to you. He'll be like nice to you when it comes to the when they judge you. I bet he'll be nice to you.
Speaker 2: Who's meat?
Speaker 1: Who's meant? Because Lene's not there anymore. I know who's still there. I don't even care.
Speaker 4: Bruno's tough too.
Speaker 2: Bruno's tough, but he's funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with some funny little quips for you.
Speaker 2: I have thick skin. Okay, you wanted to talk dirty, you said.
Speaker 1: I want to talk dirty. I want to talk about this episode because.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you guys, I can't wait to talk about this because there's a couple of things in this episode that are just actually ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, can we can we do it? I can't wait anymore.
Speaker 4: You're the boss, do it.
Speaker 1: Let's do it. iHeart Podcasts listen on the iHeartRadio app. Season six, episode thirteen, Courting aired November twenty ninth, nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 2: Synopsis. Joe finally has his day in court. With his career on the line, Valerie opens her big mouth open to hurt Brandon and Kelly. A scary babysitting moment shakes Colin to his core, helping him trust Kelly once again. Meanwhile, Ray has a change of heart and Donna doesn't get the final rose Boom bom.
Speaker 1: Bom, directed by Gilbert Shieldton written Are you ready for it?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: I am, You're excited. I know you're excited. Written by John Eisendrath.
Speaker 3: You know what's funny the title courting? I think they would have should have called it Trial of the Sun. They do kind of make a reference to oj in there.
Speaker 4: Trial it's not the trial of the century. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Let's just start at the top, because I feel like if we start start in there's gonna be no stopping us.
Speaker 2: Correct, Okay for it.
Speaker 1: Let's start at the peach pit with Colin and Kelly and he is for some reason, gonna babysit her little sister Aaron for forty eight hours because Jackie and mel are on a getaway and Kelly has to go to court to be with Donna.
Speaker 2: When's the last time we saw saw Aaron's great question.
Speaker 4: No, I think she was like, was she okay, it's been a minute. You're right, Tori, No, no.
Speaker 2: Matter, Just conveniently when things it's a storyline.
Speaker 3: There they are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was old, but pretty cute. Pretty cute kid.
Speaker 2: She's really good.
Speaker 1: David can sitters not going to court so he can babysit Erin instead, but Valerie assures him that Erin will be fine with Colin because she knows him so well.
Speaker 2: Valerie knows everything.
Speaker 1: She's rare form in this episode.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, Jenny, you're being nice.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say she's once again at her worst.
Speaker 1: Wow. Brandon and Susan walk in and announce they're taking food to go because they have to go back to the office.
Speaker 3: Can I ask a quick question about this because I assumed the veggie burger was for her and the mega burger was for him.
Speaker 4: Correct, But then I'm.
Speaker 2: Saying that's not it.
Speaker 4: It is it right?
Speaker 3: Like she was getting the veggie and he was getting the So then she says onions because he questions the onions.
Speaker 2: And then onions like.
Speaker 4: But then he says onions must be.
Speaker 2: Unrey you Wow, I said, let's just say you I mean.
Speaker 1: But why are you saying she can't have the meat burger?
Speaker 4: You just assumed it. But then he goes so she says, mega burger with onions.
Speaker 2: Oh, I thought so, were like, I know, the order veggie burger, megabger burger, and then he went back to onions right.
Speaker 1: It was like yeah, And I'm like, then, why did you get this is really going to upset our listeners. I think we don't any longer about this.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm hungry.
Speaker 1: Nat takes their order and we learned Susan likes extra onions on her veggie burger, but decides not to when you know what this This rundown is moment by moment like the best, Like every second of the entire show is in this rundown this week, Amy, are you happy?
Speaker 4: We had a post show meeting last time. I was like, guys, guys, we need the beats, we.
Speaker 3: Need the poor Lorraine was this.
Speaker 1: Is hilarious, Hilaria, you haven't done yourself. And David and Valerie watched them, and David mentions that they look happy together, but Valerie tells David that when the cats lay, the mice will cheat.
Speaker 2: I liked that reference. It made me chuckle. I don't even know why she.
Speaker 1: Is so out of her lane, like stay in your beeswax exactly.
Speaker 3: And it's like from a person who's done so many things wrong, you'd think they just shut their trap.
Speaker 4: Shut your trap.
Speaker 2: Val Usually she does things wrong when she has a motive right, she wants something business wise, or she wants one of them personally. But this time I feel like it's kind of not that she's just as trouble.
Speaker 4: That's a great point. There's murder. Yeah, there's no win. Shut up, Valerie.
Speaker 1: God. Okay. So we go to the Rose Court in Pasadena, which where we see the Rose Queen contestant. Lisa tell Donna that the Rose This Queen selection will be based on what the judge's seat for the next three days. When the girls take a trip to Balboa Island. What's Balboa, I'm.
Speaker 4: Not it's in Newport. First of all, it's.
Speaker 3: Balboa is actually like you just cross a bridge on your car.
Speaker 4: It's not like a trip.
Speaker 1: It's just like it's gonna make it by a bridge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not like it's Catalina. Balboa Island is literally like part of Newport. You just have to like wait for them to open the whole thing. Yeah, man, I mean park like it's it's just like, I don't know how to give a comparison, but.
Speaker 1: It's just it's on that bridge, and I've been on that bridge to Balboa Island and almost killed my mom and dad.
Speaker 4: Sho. I just wow.
Speaker 1: We were driving across it. We were in the middle of it, and it's pretty wide, and for some reason I jerked the car and I did a three sixty I'm not kidding you with my mom and dad in the car. And I was probably nineteen twenty and I will never forget that now, that that we were going to Balbo Island. Oh way, wow?
Speaker 2: Oh did you ever make it there?
Speaker 1: I think we did continue on, but I had impeid myself, he.
Speaker 4: Says, didn't circle and just come bash? Yeah? Does that?
Speaker 2: I mean it's a shopping what's that megas shopping South?
Speaker 3: No, that's Fashion Island. Oh I thought you meant Fashion Island. There's fashion on South Coast Plaza is not even in Newport, that's in Coasta Mesa.
Speaker 2: Okay, thanks, Johanna.
Speaker 1: Can't go to Balbo Island though.
Speaker 3: Can you guys maybe go for an hour drive one day and like, just learn a little bit about Newport because it's literally one hour from.
Speaker 4: Where you live.
Speaker 1: I don't leave my house Amy, you know.
Speaker 2: That bo and on nine O two and oh everything is so close with suddenly this is so far.
Speaker 4: Do I pack eight suitcases to go to Balbo Island?
Speaker 1: Cordonna can't go though, because she has to be with Joe in court. And then you know, like you said, the trial of the century, the century, Oh my god, and it's just so dramatic. It is another show all of a sudden, it's a court room like a drama.
Speaker 2: Ooh, was I like in La Law? No, what's more updated reference? Was I in.
Speaker 1: I got nothing?
Speaker 4: You can only say the practice and that's like so old.
Speaker 2: Gosh, you guys were so old. We can't think there's no y SVU.
Speaker 4: They go into the court a lot order with the.
Speaker 1: Los Angeles court system. Really take the time, boots fist fight between two college guys.
Speaker 2: Never and never so long because it like has to get to child.
Speaker 3: Yeah, best fight between two guys. Why would it ever go to a jury trial?
Speaker 4: Wasn't it a jury? Like it's just so ridiculous.
Speaker 1: I'm so no offense. John Eisendraft but this is ridiculous.
Speaker 4: It gets worse.
Speaker 2: Every time there's a court case, like how many times or not how many times? But you've definitely done a TV movie where you're in court. Correct. Yeah, like we were we ace that like all of us so yeah, so being in court were like, okay, we remember how to do this.
Speaker 1: Put us on the see sory.
Speaker 3: I must commend your like demure like I'm nervous and demure as the kids say these days when you were on in the in the box or on the stand, you were right on Trent.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you were very like yes your honor, Yes.
Speaker 1: Your honor.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: You're so respectful and demure and mindful as they say.
Speaker 2: I loved your outfit and like walking into court that was like cool.
Speaker 1: Which one my Hillary Clinton suit?
Speaker 2: Wait? No, I liked it. There was a vest right.
Speaker 1: Oh that was the first day slacks.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I like your dress. It was like a cream dress that was good with the black. Yeah, they did really cet.
Speaker 2: Wardrobe was good this episode. Yeah.
Speaker 4: What do you feel about your hair, Jenny?
Speaker 1: I feel like it's got too much hairspray in it. Maybe it was like a mom this is mom territory.
Speaker 3: I didn't get mom vibes. I kind of got like schiky model vibes, not mom.
Speaker 1: I wrote down matching mom haircuts for you and me and who who else? I just the hair for me was not on point in this episode.
Speaker 2: So when I told her this thirty years ago, she didn't understand. And funny enough, now when I watch it back, I like it. You like I'm able to now. Then I was like, oh my god. Like as her friend, I was like, oh my god, this is like soccer mom. What are you doing? But now watching it back, I agree with you, Amy, and I'm like, it's super chic. It's super I feel like in a fashion sense, and I'm like, I'm into it. Now.
Speaker 1: What did you say thirty years You traumatized me thirty years ago.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Told her, I said, she looks like I told her it was giving soccer mom vibes. I was being honest.
Speaker 1: After I had cut it. Oh okay, Honesty's great. When I'm about to go on camera.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I didn't. It wasn't.
Speaker 1: No, I'm reliving it all over again right now.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm not gonna lie to her. We don't lie to each other. So if we ask each other his opinion, we say it. For thirty plus years, I said she looked like a soccer mom, and she's never forgotten it, and I have never gotten it until now, and I'm like, oh, it was like chicor though it's really short, it's really short, but good, Like how many people can pull off like short hair.
Speaker 4: It's not easy? Yeah, no, you look really very modelly.
Speaker 1: Yes, but well she is Kelly Taylor was a model, wasn't.
Speaker 2: She she was?
Speaker 1: Or is her modeling career over now?
Speaker 4: Maybe not on pause?
Speaker 1: Yeah, forever.
Speaker 2: We can go to my hair because it's like, why didn't you tell me?
Speaker 1: Well, it was a bob.
Speaker 2: Choppy in sections, like not a complete bob and orange a little bit a little warm, little warm.
Speaker 3: I like Claire's courtroom faces.
Speaker 1: She doesn't hold back with her and her like disapproval so funny because she didn't ever We all just had to sit in that the courtroom audience there and just like not be try to be on our good behavior, because when we have nothing to say or do, it's very hard to keep that group, you know, on a leash.
Speaker 4: Those first of all, here's things I find hilarious.
Speaker 3: Brandon type type typing on the laptop right, And immediately I'm like, there's no Wi Fi so it's not like he can upload that. And then he goes to the payphone I'm pretty sure as a payphone calls Susan to dictate the story from his laptop, like why didn't you just scribble notes and facts that?
Speaker 4: Like it was so like I was like the technology is Oh god.
Speaker 2: Is he really typing? Because like I don't really know how to type, so I always am fearful when they show your hands that it's gonna not look proper, Like was he really going, I don't.
Speaker 4: Know, know it's kind of hunt and post m Yeah.
Speaker 2: Brand in this entire episode, I just got to say, gives Jason's favorite word, Jason's favorite word, smoldering. I think he gives looks like his looks like if Daggers could kill and like do the right thing and sexy and like good boy, like hen I say something mean?
Speaker 4: Can I be mean? But it's not meant to be mean?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Because I love Jason Priestley a lot. I think it's giving. I'm a producer on this show now and I've made myself the hero, Like.
Speaker 1: Just what.
Speaker 2: But he's Brandon Walsh. I don't want to go out of order, but always been the hero.
Speaker 3: On what planet is he going up to this like guy that's in court and like, no, you'll listen to me because I'm Brandon Well and I'm.
Speaker 4: Gonna have the wise words of the And.
Speaker 1: I mean he always does that. Brandon always comes in with the swoop and fixes everything.
Speaker 4: But today it was I.
Speaker 1: Mean, if it was that easy to change Ray's mind to do the right thing, why didn't he do it? Like a few episodes ago, why were we in court?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was in Palm Springs getting wasted in the pool. Maybe he could have been on that staircase and.
Speaker 4: Caught my fall. Thank you.
Speaker 2: I was like, great, I've changed my mind.
Speaker 4: This is too much like he came in like.
Speaker 1: Subsurd Superman, sob Sorry. The press is acting like this is a trial between like Johnny Depp and Amber Heard you know, like I felt like the with all the camera people, it was so ridiculous, Like what world would this really happen in?
Speaker 3: That's another part where Brandon's like he's like the bodyguard too, Like that's enough, guys, Like what is happening Brandon in this episode.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you just changed my whole opinion. Like, I can't believe it was that easy to sway me. I was like, I got lost in his eyes the hole and you're like, no, listen, Oh.
Speaker 1: Aaron drowned in the tub. That was what I was like, Yay, the episode's turning around now, something exciting. Sorry, I mean, that's a tragic and very scary, but yeah, that's the point when I started watching.
Speaker 3: Oh, very far fetched, and they were foreshadowing the whole episode. Oh trouble for Aaron, and it's gonna be Colin's fault, But then it was yours.
Speaker 1: Wait, go back to when he when they're in the park and he's painting with her. He's also a little creepy energy with her, like to too close, talking like he's too up in her business. He doesn't know her that well to be holding her and whispering in her ears and painting a portrait of her. Again, Yeah, creepy.
Speaker 4: It was weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was gonna leave her, and I'm like, oh my god, yeah.
Speaker 1: We already did that. Began, we already did that when she disappeared.
Speaker 2: Were going to say that they foreshadowed it with the spilling of the water and the paint like the I just.
Speaker 3: Really felt like they were foreshadowing something terrible is going to happen to Aaron, and it's going to be Colin's fault. So we're all like on pins needles, and then that's it. Jenny Kelly did it when you because you had to go tussle in the kitchen.
Speaker 4: Over some crap that valeried it. It's really Valerie's fault.
Speaker 1: Frankly, isn't everything's Valerie? Oh my gosh, where should we go back? We?
Speaker 4: Yeah, where are we? Sorry?
Speaker 2: One more thing about Aaron, Kelly says, make sure you put her down for her nap. Isn't she too old for naps?
Speaker 1: I'm still taking naps.
Speaker 4: She's definitely too old for like the bathtub thing. But I don't know.
Speaker 3: Anyway, where are we because there's so many good things to talk about?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, we kind of jumped around. I'm sorry, I got to take his keys.
Speaker 4: It's my fault. Go back, let's see.
Speaker 1: We should we did that? We did that. Brandon is telling her about the paper he wrote on his brick, I mean his computer, and then we got back into the courtroom.
Speaker 4: You can talk about this. He's going to get the AP story. So he's like, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll get Joe and then Joe's lawyer says no. But then I actually felt like Brandon was being sneaky. Later when when Joe had his foot up and he'd just gotten out of the shower and Brandon's.
Speaker 2: Like a scene. Please, you just want to buy a chink in his arm? Let's talk about that scene.
Speaker 1: He please do delicious smote.
Speaker 2: I'm on board now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too. All of a sudden, I'm team Joe.
Speaker 2: He's so cute, you have oh yes.
Speaker 3: But I felt like Brandon has he's not a good journalist because I think he was sort of interviewing Joe but didn't say this is on the record, And then it just was weird.
Speaker 4: I was like, what just happened?
Speaker 1: Brandon never really took his shirt off like that. That's what I was thinking. When I was seeing Brandon in the scene with Joe with his shirt off. I was like, why don't we never get to see Brandon without his shirt on? Like?
Speaker 2: Do we never?
Speaker 4: There? We do?
Speaker 1: Maybe he doesn't do like tank top front all new to me.
Speaker 4: Maybe Iron takes his shirt off. We've definitely seen that.
Speaker 2: Are you serious?
Speaker 1: Took his shirt off?
Speaker 4: I think we've seen it a lot.
Speaker 2: I'm kidding never, but yeah, Cameron bankrupt was.
Speaker 4: Really dream.
Speaker 1: I'm We go back to City Hall where Brandon confronts Ray in the lobby and he does the Brandon thing and Donna is surprised, when we're all surprised when Donna is called back on the stand and the prosecutor shows her the hospital records from her full and pull springs and.
Speaker 3: Also, you you said you fell. You didn't lie, You just didn't say he pushed me, because you did.
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: She did say he pushed her down.
Speaker 3: He pushed me down, not on the paperwork, on the paperwork, she say, did I say push her through?
Speaker 4: Oh good question, I.
Speaker 2: Think goes through which going back we have we have the camera footage and we say, you see it happen with the stunt double.
Speaker 1: Did he really push He.
Speaker 3: Really didn't, he didn't hard and she yeah, so the way correct.
Speaker 2: Now I'm kind of bummed because I'm like, well, he didn't do it. But Valerie then says, he pushed me down the stairs and.
Speaker 3: He is the reason you fell though, because he was being very aggressive, like he didn't they would.
Speaker 2: Have said that.
Speaker 3: And I don't think you lied at the hospital because you did fall, you just didn't say I fell because of my boyfriend being aggressive and abusive and pretty much making me fall.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're not a liar, Donna.
Speaker 1: No, no, And she she does get called out the prosecutor and makes Donna admit that she lied to protect her old boyfriend. So how do they know she isn't lying to protect her new boyfriend.
Speaker 4: Woman's very familiar, very familiar.
Speaker 2: She was really good. Yeah, she looks she's another thing, Hilaria.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's see the peach bit. Valerie asks Colin how's it going with the babysitting. He says, Aaron is a great kid, but she's still a kid. I don't really know what that meant hiring, I guess, And then Salary, it's so nice what you're doing considering, which makes Colin ask considering.
Speaker 3: What I think I went to the bathroom or something, because when the whole thing started to play out, I was like, when did she tell him?
Speaker 1: And I mustn't she told him off camera?
Speaker 4: Oh so I didn't go to the BA bathroom. Okay, why would they do it off camera? It's like so it's like.
Speaker 1: What because we see her tell who do we see her tell? David? No, Brandon, I don't know. Nobody wants to see that again. Then the bathtub tragedy happens, very very dramatic.
Speaker 4: A lot of CPR.
Speaker 3: And then I did think, sorry, Jenny, when she started coughing and breathing, you grabbed her way too quickly, like you grabbed her and I was like, I just.
Speaker 1: Wanted that scene to be over one breath.
Speaker 3: No, I just thought I just think she needed a few more breaths before we were grabbing her and like moving her.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I just.
Speaker 2: Seen this in so many movies. Aren't they supposed to cough up a little water?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe they couldn't get her to do it.
Speaker 2: Oh, she was just like.
Speaker 4: Just Colin.
Speaker 3: I didn't know he knew CPR, but so now we're supposed to love him or something.
Speaker 1: Oh, that again was just uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: Very it's weird, and you're right, long and very uncomfortable to.
Speaker 4: Worry really long, really really long.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: Then we think, though, Jenny, you were dramatic on the call with nine to one one good broco.
Speaker 1: Oh, thanks thanks. I was I remember doing scenes like that where I was not I was. I don't know. I just didn't want to be doing it, and like, and I remember rushing through it to get it over with quicker, like rushing through the beats instead of taking my time with things, just so it would be over and I would have to be not doing it anymore.
Speaker 2: I understand that, right, yep.
Speaker 1: Oh that gets a cool newsroom. Susan congratulates Brandon for his national byline, and Brandon feels so guilty. Can you tells Susan about Kelly sleeping over? Oh, and then she goes off on him.
Speaker 4: Reason whatsoever? Is like so like he didn't do anything, She's nothing.
Speaker 1: She said some line about Oh, Brandon says the truth. She says, oh, how noble. Right, I don't even know if I believe being noble he's telling her the truth.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And also I'm sorry they're all having Thanksgiving together and everybody's already in a dither, like they're all spending time together. I sort of assumed she would sleep over, Like, if you really think about it, I'm surprised more people didn't sleep over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they like it's I don't know, it's the cross the wall. It's fine. It's not like it was just him living there.
Speaker 3: I wish they all would have broken up so Kelly and Brandon could be back together.
Speaker 4: But what just get it over with, Like, come on, I'm being tortured.
Speaker 1: Pulling, pulling it out. Back at the city Hall, this is when we see Kelly confront Valerie when she's wearing her Hillary Clinton suit.
Speaker 3: That was rad by the way, that was that was baller and that was like.
Speaker 4: Real legit throwdown.
Speaker 2: For Kelly scene. I was so locked in on you and your performance. Yeah, I didn't even see your suit.
Speaker 4: How about that.
Speaker 2: Eyes? Your face nailed her and.
Speaker 3: You have some real mean line at the end that was like I forget what it was, but it was such a mic drop.
Speaker 1: Lorraine has it here. She says, give your insidious personality disorder is going to get you in trouble. And I hope I'm around to see it. And they was so good.
Speaker 4: It was really good.
Speaker 1: And back inside the courtroom, Ray is on the stand and he is a He says he's he's never hurt Donna intentionally, and he heard her because he loved her. It was like, I only hurt her because I love her.
Speaker 4: What he might as well said, I hate you because you made me.
Speaker 3: Oh god, yeah, so bad bye Ray, like poor poor Jamie Walters, because they've destroyed Ray.
Speaker 1: There's no coming back.
Speaker 4: Ray is a tool.
Speaker 2: Mm hm oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: And then then the prosecutor comes on, oh him, and it's just like, oh god, can we.
Speaker 1: Donna approaches Ray and tells him that she doesn't want to put him in jail, but she wants him to stay in therapy for his own good.
Speaker 2: Very nice, and the case is dismissed. Dismissed.
Speaker 3: That was quick, also really fast, because just because Ray did that, I don't think the case would have just been dismissed because Joe still beat him up.
Speaker 4: We know he did it because he was her.
Speaker 2: But like, oh they dismissed the case, then it's but Ray would have to.
Speaker 4: Dropped everything he still did.
Speaker 1: I basically put the knife in his coffin or whatever that's expression.
Speaker 4: I thought, you got it.
Speaker 1: Nail nail, nail nail, the nail in his coffin. So really, there's nothing more to do in this case but wrap it up, Okay.
Speaker 4: Done.
Speaker 3: I also think Susan and Brandon kiss in public way too much, just like make out in public way too much.
Speaker 4: The peach Pit the rose Core, like, oh.
Speaker 1: They like to kiss each other. So we go to the Walsh house where Valerie tells Brandon that she told on him and asks for forgiveness, and Brandon warns her not to do it again.
Speaker 4: He lets her off.
Speaker 2: I don't know the whole thing is. She's like, I couldn't help myself. I'm a gossip Like what. I didn't like that scene. That scene. I felt like it was a cop out, like for her character, cop out for him. Like everything was just like okay, cool, moving on, Oh stop it.
Speaker 1: And then ding bong. Of course, Ray comes over to talk to his good pal Brandon. I mean I shadowed, you knew it was going to be him when the doorbell rang, right, because they had to wrap up his storyline.
Speaker 4: Because now I think we're done with him.
Speaker 2: I was hoping it wouldn't be because that was it, right, that's.
Speaker 4: Jamie's last time back though you know he comes back.
Speaker 2: I know, but you know.
Speaker 1: Escort, you guys, is this we get We We finally closed this storyline too. With the Rose It's going on for a while, even though it wasn't really touched upon that much in this episode. But they're all waiting to hear the results of the Rose Queen and everybody's there and Susan comes and they announced the one hundred and seventh Rose Queen, Lisa Dixon.
Speaker 3: And we knew it would be her because she was like your bestie and yeah, and.
Speaker 1: She was responsible had a job, you know she had.
Speaker 2: Because the Martins are suddenly all in and the other people in line who looked like they were like forty, did you notice did you look at Oh my god, take a look, take a look.
Speaker 3: It's like I was also happy to see like some diversity in this very white show, Like the rose Court was nice.
Speaker 4: Like I was like, okay, that was like accurate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they just looked a little older, but they reverse.
Speaker 4: Yes, now the Martins are all in. Oh sorry, Jenny.
Speaker 1: Brandon finishes his his article with the happy ending for the school story. I kind of liked the whole voiceover thing, though, I gotta be honest, right, it.
Speaker 2: Was that was cool that part was in the city. It was very like gossip Girl.
Speaker 1: It was before Gossip Girl four Sex in the city. Yeah, but who else was doing that those kind of voiceover on right things.
Speaker 4: That's cool that it was very cool. If Brandon hadn't been so I don't know what the word is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the whole episode. I would have actually kind of appreciated it more, but oh my gosh, you're this, this is We're actually I mean, you're gonna see me give it a great score because I loved the episode.
Speaker 4: I actually loved the episode.
Speaker 1: I dirritated.
Speaker 4: I was so irritated.
Speaker 1: I was like, I cannot get that forty three forty eight minutes of my life back. I was mad by the end of this episode.
Speaker 3: It was a difference like, yeah, I just was really tying it up with bo that I was like, oh boy, and just Brandon's saving the day was a little.
Speaker 1: But there was parts of it that I did like that, like the voiceover.
Speaker 4: All of it was great. I mean, I'm giving it a nine.
Speaker 2: What we're not there yet?
Speaker 4: Oh sorry?
Speaker 1: Wow, alert she just showed her cards. Okay, what are you going to give it? Tour?
Speaker 2: I'm I'm gonna give it an eight point five wow, based on I'd like the shots, visuals, I like the wardrobe. I thought all the cast looked real good this episode. And uh yeah, okay, I'm gonna get.
Speaker 4: Me do anything. Oh sorry, you're gonnat a six. Sorry, Jenny what six?
Speaker 2: Say it again?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna give it a six.
Speaker 3: Ohow, that's spair.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: I just thought it was.
Speaker 1: Really not good. I just didn't like the way they made it a courtroom drama and everybody was always conveniently everywhere, and the storyline was Aaron and Colin.
Speaker 4: Was like, remember they called Valerie to the stand and then she was the hero?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I forgot about that.
Speaker 4: They bring her up and then they wait.
Speaker 1: They rip her down, and then they bring her up. They make everybody hate her, and then they bring her out to be the hero of Donna's storyline.
Speaker 4: And then they bring her back down.
Speaker 3: And Steve did nothing but a few sort of jokey jokes and like wanting to bet on everything?
Speaker 4: Correct? They that poor guy. They don't really give him much to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he must not have been very happy with that.
Speaker 4: Like I had made it through all ten years, just going they never really let me do anything.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, he did. He had some good scenes and stores.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, of course, but still.
Speaker 1: Next week's episode, Season six, episode fourteen, fortunate Son.
Speaker 2: Uh, oh, fortunate who's the son? Son?
Speaker 1: Brandon?
Speaker 4: Steve?
Speaker 1: Okay, fortunate son, let's go, let's see that poor Joe drama.
Speaker 4: There's some more Joe drama.
Speaker 2: I know Brandon ended it with the heart mm hmmm, so we know what's coming.
Speaker 4: I am like to do this is great, Like I love watching it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm still I'm still all in and I and I say to myself, I should have watched this from the very beginning a long long time ago, Like I was upset that I didn't watch the series from front from beginning to end before we did be h nine or two one zero, because it's brought back so much of what happened, and like I had that I had completely forgotten about storylines or didn't even know we're happening that we could have drawn upon that.
Speaker 3: Cool would it have been if we could do this podcast back then, like in real time, so you had like every memory, You'd have to have been a little nicer.
Speaker 4: It'd be harder to like.
Speaker 1: People to day this week, but it would have been so cool to like.
Speaker 4: Really have conversations in real time as it was happening. So I thought about that.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh, that would have been cool.
Speaker 1: And on that note, were you will be here next week? Bye bye, everybody,