Speaker 1: Kabooms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the old Republic, a soul fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto gutter the same as the rich pill poppers.
Speaker 3: In the penthouse.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: The clearing House of Hot takes break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller starts right now.
Speaker 1: In the a Everywhere and a happy Sunday to you, football all day long, a great time of the year, Ben Mallard, Danny g And It's the twenty sixth day of November. A glorious Sunday, and the fifth ur podcast here Danny As we had football on Thursday, we had the Dolphin Jet game. On Friday, that Black Friday game, and then on Saturday we had college football and now today more NFL football. So we got a little football and they've got a game tomorrow, so there's a little football like every day.
Speaker 3: If Mark Davis had any brains, he'd be on the phone with the league office and try to take ownership of the Black Friday game. It should be the Silver and Black Friday.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's a great idea.
Speaker 3: I like that. It's a good idea here. Every year he should do that hosting in Vegas. That would be a great Turkey after Turkey holiday.
Speaker 1: You're missing your calling, Dan. He should be on Madison Avenue working in marketing. You could do branding and marketing and that's that's great.
Speaker 3: And my favorite team, the Raiders. They won your bet for you last weekend.
Speaker 1: I did. I appreciate that very much. I think the Raiders who are playing their number one and I gave this stat on the TV show this weekend. The Raiders are the number one scoring defense in the NFL since Antonio Pierce took over. Of course, it does help that they played the Jets and the Giants in that stretch, but the Dolphins are legit and they kept the Dolphins from scoring too many points. The reason the Raires lost that game was not because of the fact that they were having problems defensively keeping the Dolphins from scoring, because they only scored twenty points or whatever it was in that game, well on very many points.
Speaker 3: So it was because they were too conservative there right before halftime, taking the field goal even though they had time to go into the end zone, and then at the end of the game. They had those scoring opportunities where they decided to not be conservative and go for it on fourth downs. Had they taken those field goals at the end of the game, they could have won on a field goal in that final drive.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately did not work out that way, but they did win the bet, which I'm happy about and so good for me. Let's see what happens this weekend and all that is Patrick Mahoney.
Speaker 3: I hear he's coming in angry because he's awful loss.
Speaker 1: Angry Mahomes, Angry Mahomes. We still got those crappy wide receivers. See what plays out this week. On this podcast, we have Pop Goes the Culture and the mail Bag. The mail Bag, We'll start with Pop Goes the Culture. Well, here's something that everyone needs in their lives. Danny coming in January to Seattle Sonic Symphony, a live Sonic the Hedgehog music show. I didn't know this was a thing. Is this a thing? I guess it is. I guess it has been a thing. It began its run back in September. I had not heard about this. Live shows in London. Also, Paris came through La Boston, Chicago, and it's heading towards Sonic the Hedgehog, heading towards Seattle. They have a show. This is how I learned about it. They're celebrating the thirtieth anniversary. Thirtieth anniversary, which actually was back in twenty twenty one, but since everything, I guess was shut down with the COVID stuff still, then here we are. They're having a big, big party, big fun. So that's sign me up for that. I think I'm good on that. Have you ever watched squid games? Any squid games? You into that at all? Yeah, lawyers are getting involved now in squid games, the squid Games, the Challenge. The players want compensation because they're getting injured and they would like to be paid. They would like to be paid, or their lawyers would like to be paid. It says contestants of Squid Games, the Netflix TV show that the Challenge are seeking compensation for injuries they allegedly suffered on the show. So they've lawyered up, and it's very hard to find an ambulance chasing lawyer and players competed in the the Oh.
Speaker 3: I just looked it up. I thought you were talking about the original movie that was really popular. I thought this is squid Games.
Speaker 1: The challenge, yeah, the Netflix thing? Yeah into that at all or nothing?
Speaker 3: Haven't seen the challenge?
Speaker 1: All right? Well I have not either. It's done very well. But now it's done so well that the lawyers are involved in like, hey, we would like we would like some money, and we would like to be paid. We would like a nice compensation because our persons, our people are getting hurt and there's a ton of money. The Netflix thing, like, you don't know for sure how many people are actually watching any of these streaming shows because there's no way to really track it. Like it's like television, like a show that I'm doing on cable, you can keep track how many people are watching stuff like that, But on on Netflix or Amazon Prime or those type of things that you don't really know how many people are watching it. But Netflix is worth a ton of money. So the lawyers are like, hey, we would like to get a piece of the action. So remember that show that Joe Rogan hosted. What was that show called Back in the Day on NBC where they did crazy challenges?
Speaker 3: Fear Factor?
Speaker 1: Yeah, fear Factor. They got sued too. I remember I remember hearing a lawsuits involving that So speaking of lawsuits, I mean they're there everywhere. We can just do a segment on lawsuits. The here's one. This is a passenger who's claiming that airlines offer imported dog food to customers. A guy traveling with China Eastern Airlines, and he showed a picture of the business class menu and the people were like blown away. This thing went viral this week, the guy on Facebook. It was a picture of the menu drawings attention. It drew attention to a disturbing occurrence. Several dishes were offered, including appetizers, soup, breads, and desserts. Among the array of dishes the dog food option. So they literally they didn't even like hide it. They're like, hey, we've got we've got doc now is it possible that they put that on there in case people were traveling with their dogs? But I'm looking at it here and it says smoked pepper, beef, vanilla shrimp, imported dog food. Like it literally said imported dog food on the menu. I mean, are people like into eating dog food? I know, I've heard urban legends that sometimes old people eat dog food.
Speaker 3: The other day there was leftover gravy, uh huh, and my wife. He slopped it on top of this to go container for our oldest and it looked like Alpo.
Speaker 1: That dogs licked that whole thing, and.
Speaker 3: I thought, but what an old reference Alpo?
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, Now we got into a debate. We we talked about this on the podcast last week. There was this debate whether or not dry or wet dog food, like what is better for the dog, the dry or the wet. And now human food is better dry or wet? Is food better? Like you pour gravy all over something. Most of the food we eats pretty dry, right, I would think, like chips, there's not no moisture and chips, nuts, candy, that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And now there's the companies who sell the healthy dog food that goes in your refrigerator, the fresh food for dogs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm good on that. I'm all right on that. Well, here's another story. We get tons of these on the Fifth Hour podcast. Tourists left stranded in the Nevada desert because they followed the map the you know the map on your phone. It took them on a short cut and they ended up stranded in the middle of nowhere in Nevada.
Speaker 3: And sounds like when you were the pace car.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I did not even know those roads existed. I had no idea that those roads existed out there. But they were traveling back to Vegas through Olt from LA to Vegas, and they took a short cut and they ended up stuck on a dirt road. Apparently just one car. There were a bunch of people that were led by Google Maps out to the middle of nowhere and because there was I guess a delay on I fifteen, which no, they never have those delays on I fifteen between La and Vegas. And there you go a desert road that doesn't even look like a road. I'm not gonna photo to any it looks just like a it's just like dirt.
Speaker 3: It's just dirt and.
Speaker 1: All because there are actually paved roads out in the desert, out in the middle of nowhere. And so these people had to call nine to one one because they were in the middle of nowhere. We're stuck on a dirt road. But at some point doesn't common sense kick in. We're like, we're not gonna follow a map like the map's taking as a place we shouldn't go. Maybe we ought to go back to the highway and go back the way we came. Do they ever do that? I don't. It doesn't seem like.
Speaker 3: It, no, because I mean I've been using the ways app as long as you have. Yeah, and to a lot of people, especially youngsters who maybe only been driving for a few years, that's the bible. I mean, whatever it says, you do that. So, I mean we've heard those funny stories about people driving into bodies of water because they're GPS told them to.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah, those happened.
Speaker 3: I now we.
Speaker 1: Should make people go down to Triple A and get maps.
Speaker 3: Is what we should do.
Speaker 2: Danny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a Thomas Guide.
Speaker 1: Old school, right, Remember the Thomas Guide we had to figure out we go on a family road trip and the family had to get all the maps out to go, figure out where to go and have what roads to take and all that. You didn't worry about the traffic. Never worried about the traffic on that.
Speaker 3: Back in the day, when we were in school, we actually had to have a class about how to read maps.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, there's an art to it. Now you don't have to worry about it just tells you exactly where to go, and it might get you stranded in the middle of nowhere on some dusty Winnemucca Road out in the middle of Nevada. Which Winnemucca Road is in Nevada. Oh, here's a fun story. Super pigs are threatened invade the northern states of the US. Here Canada super pigs. Do you see this? An exploding population of hard to eradicate superpigs in Canada is threatening to spill south of the border. Do they not respect our sovereign nation. Northern states such as our friends in Minnesota, North Dakota, and Montana are trying to stop the invasion of these super pigs in Canada. The wild pigs roaming Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba who hoose a new threat. They are often crossbred and they combined the survival skills of the wild bore with the size and high fertility of domestic swine to create the super pig, and they have spread out of control. There's a report from the University of Saskatchewan that says one of Canada this is apparently authority on super pigs calls the feral swane the most invasive animal on the planet and an ecological train wreck. Watch out for the I wonder if they taste good. You think people that eat pig and stuff like super pigs because they taste they taste me. And these are rather large, these super pigs I bought. I looked at some photos. These are some big things. They're not quite the size of a cow, but they're not the size of your normal backyard pick. These things are pretty big.
Speaker 3: That's some thick bacon.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of bacon. That is a lot of bacon. So something else to worry about. I'd rather have those than remember the killer bees that were here and I guess are still here a couple of years ago.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, have you ever had candied bacon? I have not. I bet you those super pigs when you make bacon out of them, they just automatically taste like candied bacon.
Speaker 1: Just put sugar all over them and you're good. Yeah, it's like brown sugar. Well, anything with brown sugar is pretty good. You can't go wrong with brown sugar, you really can't. What is next on pop goes the culture? Well, Barbie has introduced the new toy. This is very exciting. We're big Barbie guys, Danny. We grew up with Barbie, unless we didn't, but I thought this was interesting.
Speaker 3: Their latest tearing their heads off.
Speaker 1: The latest barbie is Wilma Mankiller. They have introduced a Wilma Mankiller doll, honoring Cherokee nations first female principal chief.
Speaker 3: So there you go.
Speaker 1: Mankiller sounds sounds wonderful, available just in time for Christmas. Sounds like a great idea. The late man Killer, a social activist, led the Cherokee Nation in what is now present day Oklahoma for ten years and I guess not that long ago, from nineteen eighty five to nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 3: What a name.
Speaker 1: I'm looking for, a Wilma Mankiller.
Speaker 4: I got it all over me.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get to the mailbag. What do you say you want to get? Oh, we want to get the mail bag. We'll go to the mail That means we got to bring in our guy. Ohiol.
Speaker 4: It's all right, thank you, Ohiol.
Speaker 1: These are actual letters by actual listeners to the podcast. You can email anytime you want. Real fifth Hour at gmail dot com, no numbers, all letters Real fifth Hour at gmail dot com. And we also post during the week on the Facebook page and you can check that out during the week. But post you can email whenever you want just email whenever you want, all right, So the first one is from Alf from Nascar. He says, Guys, what's your position on traffic circles aka roundabouts? Where I come from? Rotaries? They seem to be popping up here like rabbits in the spring, says says Alf. So I do not like traffic circles. They are a pain of the behind. We don't have too many of them here in southern California, but when I have traveled around the country, I have had my run ins with traffic circles. The worst place I ever went for traffic circles, and I think this is the capital of traffic circles or roundabouts or rotaries, as you say, Alf, would be in Indianapolis, because I was there a long time ago. But when I was driving around Indianapolis there were like so many of these traffic circles, it was such a pain of the behind. Danny, do you have a strong hot take on traffic circles.
Speaker 3: I was working for a radio station on the Central Coast, or the South Central Coast as I called it, because of all the Laker fans there in Pismo Beach in Santa Maria, California, yeah, and there's lots of traffic circles in the city of Santa Maria. I'm not sure why you know Santa Maria. Well, I do for the Costco. It's right in the room and I'm driving up to.
Speaker 1: The beaches. Further up. We stopped by the Costco to get gas.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah. So, as I was doing morning drive on the hip hop R and B station, I made a declaration on the air that if the Lakers did not snap their losing streak that they had back then, that I was going to drive the radio station van in a circle thirty times. In one of those roundabouts. I lost the bet. I had to do it. And as I'm live on my cell phone on the morning show driving the van in the thirty circles, Santa Maria, PD showed up and pulled me over.
Speaker 1: They pulled you over? Is that not allowed? Are you? Were you violating me?
Speaker 3: I feel like a listener called it in or somebody for the PD was listening, because it felt like they were looking for me, if you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, maybe they were listening or something and they yeah, yeah, did they give you a ticket or did they tell you to knock it off.
Speaker 3: He just told me to knock it off.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Well, Indianapolis is known as the circle city, but I don't think it's for the traffic circles. But they do have a ton of They do have a ton of traffic circles there, and not not a fact because there's always like some people that don't know how to handle the traffic circle. They they're too skittish, they don't go into it fast enough. And then there's other people that are too fast. Like there's a it's like threading a needle. There's an art to it, and some people just are tairible at it.
Speaker 3: But I well, most people don't know who has the right of way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they're not familiar. They passed the driving test, but then they forgot everything they learned in the driving test. Next up is Mike in Turkey Eaton, He says, Ben and Danny g what do you guys think about Darryl Hall obtaining a restraining order against John Oates? Are you as devastated as I am? Or do you not care? In the aftermath? Will you be joining team Hall or team Oates? Mike says, And also, what was the standout winner in your Thanksgiving spread this year, I have to give the nod to turkey. Well that's a hot take, Mike. Definitely not turkey at the Malor Mansion. I would give the nod to the brisket with the mashed potatoes and the mac and cheese on the side. Now, what was your That's a good question for you, though, Danny, because you had the ritzy Lucille's Barbecue home turkey where you brought it home and you had to you heat it up right, You had to put it back in the oven, heat it up a little bit. Is that correct?
Speaker 3: Yeah? It was pre sliced, okay, but the turkey was smoked, which we didn't like.
Speaker 1: You didn't like it really, Okay, I.
Speaker 3: Don't like smoke turkey.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: It had a weird aftertaste. But you know what was really good? We did half turkey, half am. The honey baked haam that Lucille's served was a plus. So for us, the ham was the standout.
Speaker 1: What about the did you get the biscuits? Did there what side dishes?
Speaker 3: Let's see mac and cheese stuffing. Oh, they have like a corn cake.
Speaker 1: Okay, that sounds good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the corn cake was a favorite of the family.
Speaker 1: And again, if you missed the Saturday podcast, you said there were people lined up in a parking lot. There was no lu seal sign. But these are like high end vehicles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean there were vehicles of all kinds in the line. But I at first thought it was the line was for needy people. But then I noticed some of the cars in line were fancy cars, and I was like, Oh, those people aren't here for free turkeys. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you never know, you never know. True.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wealthy, stay wealthy.
Speaker 1: Let's see here. Next up is from Dave in Florida. He does not say where in Florida. Says Ben and Danny, g If you guys could live here in Florida for free, which part of the state would you choose? From Miami, Tampa, Orlando or a small town? How about the Redneck Riviera? You guys can live with Ed who fled. I think we're good. I think we're good with that, right. We don't need to live with Jed who fled? I think he doesn't. Does he even live in a house. He's always wandering around in the middle of the night, which is troublesome. Calling the show from from that redneck riverer. No, I've not been to Tampa. I've been to Miami, I've been to Orlando. I haven't spent too much time in Florida over the years. Miami was fine. It's just reminded me of La just a flat La. Orlando seemed like Orange County to me to relate to. There is actually Orange County in Orlando. I guess if you're gonna live in Florida, you gotta live on the beach, right, Why would you live in Orlando?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Right, I was just gonna say Destin would be the destination. And Clay Travis is building a huge mansion there right now, so we should go crash his mansion once it's built.
Speaker 1: Now, is he leaving Tennessee to move to Florida or he's just gonna that's gonna be his vacation home.
Speaker 3: That's his vacation He already has a vacation home there, but it's so he's in the middle of building a multi million dollar mansion there in Destin on the beach.
Speaker 1: Well, since you're gonna host the Animal Thunderdome with Clay then and I do this podcast with you, then I think we should be able to rent it out, not rent it out, but like on a weekend he's not there. I think we should be able to use it.
Speaker 3: I agree with you.
Speaker 1: I'm sure that'll solve it. Man, all right, Uh yeah, you gotta live on the beach somewhere, Gary in Pittsburgh, right, Since, says Ben and Danny G. The follow up to the last Iowa Minute was, as they say Radio Gold, My question is for Danny G, did he ever have an Iowa Sam up to the elbow situation? After that revelation from Iowa Sam, shouldn't the segment now be called the Iowan d D edit or DDY it. I don't know, I'm probably reading that wrong anyway, Gary says, who knows what else that freak has done in the nation's heartland. Keep up the great work. And if you forgot Iowa Sam told the story that he was at someone else's house. He went to do a number two and he clogged the toilet. So he didn't see a plunger, so he just used his hand to unclog the toilet. Oh oh natural, oh natural. He just grabbed it and pulled the made sure it was unclogged. And so he wants to know, have you ever had that happen. Gary wants to know if you've ever been at someone else's house and had that situation.
Speaker 3: Kell No, no, Yeah.
Speaker 1: And the reason, I don't know if you're like me, Danny, but I I do not poop at other people's homes.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say that, and I avoid that at all costs. They would have to be a real emergency to feel comfortable doing that at somebody's house. And then I would make sure that the bathroom smelled the right way before I left the restroom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like the home field advantage when I'm going number two. I do not like the foreign establishment. Now. I have told the story the famous podcast where I had my gallbladder taken out and it was fasting. I was on a walk and I had to go in a public restroom. It was great to see pooh, And yeah, well I made a big mess because I misfired. I didn't want to. You know, I don't need to get into the story now, but yeah, I do not. I don't even poop at families homes like I have the in laws, forget friends. It's just I have a strong, strong take on that. Jay Scoop writes in from the Ukraine. Listening to the podcast, he says, Hey, fellow miss fellas, miss y'all thought about you when I came upon this word that I had never seen before until reading an article. The word is bulwark pronunciation definition says he sent some screenshots here. He says in relation to Ukraine trying to defend energy plants from the intimate onslaught of Russian missiles this winter. There's an article here and it said Ukraine has also built bulwarks around facilities to shield them from direct hits or debrize from missiles and drones. And he sends a little scoop here, So I did this is interesting. So I had not heard of the word of bulwark either until you sent this, j scoop. And I guess you could consider this a bonus word of the day. But it goes back to the early fifteen hundreds. It is a fortification outside a city wall or gate, a rampant barricade. It's from Middle Dutch or Middle German. And then there's another it's from the fifteenth century. There's a couple of different origin stories on that. But anyway, so there's a bulwork in jayscoop. I'll hope you know. Well, if you're not familiar with Jason Jays, Scoop has been a great contributor to the show. He's been a great supporter of the show. And he is living abroad. He is helping the military in the Ukraine. He's an ex military guys. His family roots are from the Ukraine, served in the military here and so he is out doing his thing, working his magic. John in Northern Colorado writes, and he says inside radio, question for you, fellas, how many headphones have been stolen over the years. Many headphones have been stolen over the years. I don't recall headphones. Oh not headphones. But what is always missing? The jack?
Speaker 3: Yes, in the studios are always scrambling for the headphone jacks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So what happens is in the radio station, because everything's got to be a little different. Pain in the ass. So you buy headphones, they have usually a small, small headphone jack. But to use them in a radio station, you have to have an adapter because you need the bigger I don't know what the name of it is.
Speaker 3: You might know the name of it, Danny, but.
Speaker 1: It's a larger thing you got to put on the headphones to make them work, and there's hardly.
Speaker 3: Any of those.
Speaker 1: Those are the things I always go. But my problem with the headphones. A couple of years ago in the old studio, there was a glitch on the left side in the studio where I would have my headphones on, and then like every once in a while, the thing would overmodulate, like the audio would all of a sudden bump up too loud and blow out my headphones. And these are one hundred dollars one hundred and fifty dollars headphones. And I went to the company, I'm like, what the hell, this is a glitch in your equipment, and you should buy me new headphones. You know what the company did, Danny, When I told them that, they laughed at me. They said, No, that's not our problem, that's your problem. How's it my problem? I gotta wear the headphones at work.
Speaker 3: Headphone adapter is the term adapter, just adapter. It goes to the three point five, which is the size that we need. You're right, Ben, it's weird like you would think that with all this high tech equipment they could make studios take both.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's too much to ask for, Yeah, say, of course, Now, these most headphones these days are just wireless headphones.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can't use those in the on air studio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah you can't, you cannot.
Speaker 3: You have to. Yeah, we have to go old school and use wired headphones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Fred from Spring Texas. Right, So he says, hello, hello fellas, I hope you had a fine Thanksgiving. Can you explain what is the difference between Ask Ben and the mail Bag? Well, yeah, list is, Fred. I shouldn't have to explain this, Fred, And it's kind of obvious. This is a totally foreign segment compared to Ask Ben. The mail bag is so unique, it's so original that we really withdraw from all other bits that we do with the mail bag. It's so popular, people love it. We talk in circles here on the mail Bag. It's soone Ask Ben. You know, it's helter skelter. It's on the radio. It's so old school on the radio.
Speaker 3: And also, you botched that clock on the live show. So Ask Ben is rushed in two minutes. No, no, at twenty five minutes.
Speaker 1: This is a solid Well, all podcasts are supposed to be about thirty minutes, no longer than thirty minutes, because people only listen for thirty minutes. We've been through this before. But that's the thing about podcasting. Like Joe Rogan, somebody emailed me. I said this on the radio show this week, Danny. Somebody emailed me. I did not include this in the mail bag. So this is not from Fred in Spring, Texas, but somebody emailed me. And he's like, well, what is Joe Rogan? He's the king of podcasting. His podcasts are like four hours. I'm like, okay, fine, but that doesn't mean people are listening to all four hours of the podcast. Now, maybe if you have somebody on that's amazing as a guest or something like that, they might listen to the whole thing. But the reality is that most people listen at the gym for about half an hour. They work out for about half an hour, go for a walk for half an hour, go on the treadmill, whatever, and that's it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And to be fair, he's not on a network, he's not on a national network daily that's all his content, so he needs his podcast to be long. This is complimentary to your live show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is bonus coverage, Marcus writes, And we'll get out on this. Marcus from Bruceville, Eddie in Texas, right, So, and he says, I know, you guys try not to talk about sports much on this podcast. Yeah, we pretty much avoided sports. But what is your favorite sports moment? Mine would be ease. As I'm a Texas Tech fan, we would have to be the Michael Crabtree last second touchdown versus number one Texas I do remember that that was. That was quite the quite the finish. You guys being from California, can we get some Texas Tech red radar love? Hey, Texas Tech has had they had my favorite college football coach of all time. May he rest in peace, Mike Leach. I love, I loved Mike Leach. He was at Texas Tech. When I first fell in love with Mike Leach. He was at Texas Tech, act she was at Oklahoma, but he became the head coach at Texas Tech. So I loved, loved Mike Leach.
Speaker 3: Podcast for two hours. Ben. He was a regular on out kick the Coverage. He could talk for days.
Speaker 1: Oh about random things too, and he's you could ask him one question and he'd just answer his own question and asked. He'd ask his own question and answer his own follow up questions. Fascinating fascinating. But as far as great sports moments, my my greatest moment will probably shock. I'll give you one right now. Those other moments, but the greatest moment that I ever was at uh. There have been a few World Series I've been to, but the one I remember the most and the fondest was a Cleveland Indians Miami Marlins World Series, not involving the Dodgers at all. I was a young guy. I was assigned to cover the World Series. We were in Miami. It was Game seven, Game seven of the World Series. It went to extra innings and it looked like the Cleveland Indians were gonna win and end this long drought of championships, and the Marlins tied the game up. They went to extra innings and then Edgar Rental Rea hit a base hit to center field that scored Craig Council, as I remember. Maybe I'm completely wrong on this, but it scored Craig Council, who was a pinch runner, and that won the World Series of the Marlins. And it was a total madhouse in Miami, which is amazing considering people in Florida to give a rats ass about the Marlins. But that's One of the cool things that I attended that I was at was Game seven of the World Series. I been some NBA finals over the years, and that was all cool as well. What about you, Danny G.
Speaker 3: Two great sports moments from my favorite team comes to mind. One I listened to Bill King make the call on the radio because we were little kids playing with a football out in the yard as we listened to the Super Bowl. Marcus Allen reversed fields and ran up the middle seventy four yard touchdown. He looked like a gazelle on the play. Check babe. It's probably the football play that made me fall in love with the sport. And then the other one Bo Jackson on Monday Night Football. Yes, he runs down the sideline and he runs into the tunnel.
Speaker 1: That was pretty cool. That was that was awesome. I do remember that because the legend of Bosworth. They were hyping that game up as Bosworth versus Ball. That was the storyline. Yeah, Bosworth was a total stud at Oklahoma and a total debacle as he got to the NFL. It's like it was just an average NFL player.
Speaker 3: Jackson ran him over at the goal line and pulled him into the end zone. It was awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, we'll get out on that, Danny. Anything you want to promote here, anything When it's Sunday, I gotta go back tonight. I'll be on radio tonight doing the recap of all the NFL. I actually will be at the Charger game Tonighty're playing the Ravens, so I will be hanging out watching that game.
Speaker 3: You mentioned at the start of the podcast that the Raiders defense is looking good. They need Aidan O'Connell, the rookie quarterback, to get some points up on the board to have any chance against the Chiefs. So looking forward to watching that. And then yeah, you're on tonight, and Covino and Rich back on the air tomorrow afternoon on the network two to four pm on the West coast, and that's five to seven pm in Philadelphia.
Speaker 1: And also Charleston, South Carolina as well. All Right, I have a wonderful so I thank you for listening to the podcast. Hope you had a great holiday, and we'll talk to you next time later.
Speaker 3: Skater gotta murder. I gotta go