Speaker 1: You're listening to the Buck Sexton Show podcast, let make sure you subscribe to the podcast on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts. As President Trump going to strike Iran, it's increasingly looking like that's the case. In fact, some of you may know the answer, because it could have happened by the time you listen to this podcast.
Speaker 2: It's of high concern for all of us.
Speaker 1: Because, well, this is the sort of situation that can get out of control very quickly. There's a lot of concern about possible second order effects. What will Ron do in response?
Speaker 2: Here's what we know.
Speaker 1: The Mullahs are running a theocratic totalitarian theocracy or a dictatorship and a kleptocracy. Actually so, because they're stealing from the people all the time. And it's enough people have decided that the ruination of Iran is in fact not something that they will sit idly by and allow to continue. Now, I think that this would be great for the region if you just had a different government, a democratic government in Iran, for example. Wouldn't that make such a difference. Wouldn't that be something that you know, they've had democratic elections next door in Iraq?
Speaker 2: It is possible.
Speaker 1: We don't want this place to be a constant problem for the whole region, really for the whole world. They've got substantial oil supplies, oil reserves, and they've been funding terrorism with that for a long time. Trump is now saying, look, if you, meaning Iran, continues with the large scale slaughter of protesters, you are going to be done. And now there's also reporting up here of Iranian authorities who are targeting starlink users Elon Musk. Starlink has been a means of communication, right because the Iranians don't control those satellites, they can't just shut it off. But Iran has cut off public internet access no surprise there. While starlink is illegal in Iran, there are some starlink terminals that have been smuggled into the country and they have been able to slow The government has been able to slow connectivity, but there are still some people who are able to get footage out of Iran of what's going on there. And so if they're actually going to be tracking these people down and executing them, possibly hanging them, Trump is saying that he's going to he's going to unleash the fury on Iran.
Speaker 2: On the Mullas.
Speaker 1: Let me just say this could be a huge pivot point in the history of the twenty first century. And I will reiterate somewhat what I said earlier when I was with Clay on radio, and it is I think that the deciding factor here is Trump and his role as commander in chief and what he does. I do not think the Iranian people on their own will be able to topple this regime. I could be wrong. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think that's the case. I think that it will require assistance from the United States. You know, we got assistance in our revolution against King George from the French, pretty substantial assistance.
Speaker 2: We don't need that much, I think in this case. But we don't need to do that much.
Speaker 1: But there does need to be there has to be something that helps with this final show. There has to be some ability to call upon outside resources and help, just because the people of Tehran and around the country are quite literally outgunned. And it's another reason why the way second Amendment we need it. You always have to have the ability as a populist to fight back against the tyrannical government. Otherwise you went up in a situation like this where the government can be fully tyrannical and execute people and go into their homes and take them from their family members and torture them and do horrible things, and you're largely helpless. You're largely helpless. So you have these protests going on in the streets. I do wish that you had an arm populace, you don't. I do wish that you had a better likelihood of success for the Iranian people to do this on their own, But I think it's very, very unlikely. So it's really going to come down to what President Trump thinks, what President Trump decides here. There are reports that there have been evacuations of US service members, members of our military from Cutter, from the airbase there, and this is at least a precaution in case of a major strike by the United States, because what is Iran likely to do fire off a bunch of missiles in retaliation out People have worried about this, but you know, they said that about that. You know, Trump was very clear too. Trump said, these are the claims they made about the nuclear program and it turned out not to be true, meaning that we struck their nuclear sites and they did not rain down holy hell fire upon us.
Speaker 2: They were not able to.
Speaker 1: Take out massive US military infrastructure or cause severe casualties for US, So why would they be able to do that this time?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: The argument would be that this is the survival of the Iranian regime at stake, and so they will lash out in ways far beyond what we have seen thus far. Maybe, But keep in mind, if we, let's say, strike some strategic targets inside of Iran and just provide further support, there's a lot of things we can do. Some of it we would be talking about publicly. Some of it would be of the covert variety. But if we did do that kind of stuff, if we did take those kinds of actions, the Iranians responding by trying to blow up a lot of Americans, we have a much bigger, better military than they do.
Speaker 2: We know where they are.
Speaker 1: We can own the sky in a matter of hours over Iran if we want to. The Israelis are certainly certainly willing to help out with whatever we are going to need in terms of intelligence, air strikes, whatever it is.
Speaker 2: So what exactly is the is the fear.
Speaker 1: I understand the fear of the concern again spoke with us on radio that we don't want to be in a nation building exercise. I don't even think that's part of the part of the conversation here. In fact, I think that the Iranian regime is so ugly and so vile and so evil that the notion of something worse taking over is it's hard to fathom. I think somebody within that existing mellocracy taking over. If you know, the head of the IRGC currently or someone like that, who's already a part of this thing, steps up and becomes the day factor, well yeah, then it's just a perpetuation of what we've already had. But if you truly have a new regime, new power players, new people making decisions in Iran, I don't see how it could be worse really than what we have had up to this point. I just don't think that's a realistic. Of course, it could. Something can always be worse. I don't think that's a realistic concern. So I wouldn't put that. I wouldn't waive at against the benefits of trying to help these Remember these protesters, really they're not just protesters, I mean they they are calling for the end of the Iranian regime, which they should. And this is not the first time this has happened. Back in two thousand and nine, the Green Revolution and the Obama administration did nothing.
Speaker 2: Was completely useless and.
Speaker 1: Not a surprise, but they were really, if anything, I think, unhelpful because the Iranian people would have expected more.
Speaker 2: But Obama was president.
Speaker 1: Well Trump is president this time around, and that could mean things are very very different in the end. Remember how many years have we been talking about the nuclear facilities and are we going to strike them? Should we strike them? Is isually going to strike them? Trump did it. I was in the Oval Office with the President the day he did it. As it turned out, so it was clay. It's a very historic day. And the Irunian response was essentially nothing. So they had been working for all these years, all these decades toward a nuclear capability. It was blown up and by mostly by the Israelis, but we also came in to finish it off with the Bunker Buster, and the Iranians really didn't do anything in response. I don't think we should overestimate or you never want to underestimate your opponent, sure, but we also shouldn't overestimate your opponents. Score I think there's very little that Iran could do. Now, could they activate some Hesibala, sell some IRGC KULDS force unit somewhere and have them, you know, kill a bunch of innocent people. Yeah, of course that's always a risk, but really any country could do that if they chose to do that, and if we trace that back to Iran, I mean, now we're just going to go on a hunting expedition.
Speaker 2: And blow up all of the leadership of the.
Speaker 1: Iranian regime in their homes and in their buildings and their fortresses, whatever they've got. If they do something like that, we're just going to treat them like al Qaeda. So again, is that the direction they want to go in? I think it's very very unlikely. So my sense here is that Trump is going to do something, and do something pretty definitive or pretty substantial. I should say definitive is a tougher one, but pretty substantial, and it's going to come very soon.
Speaker 2: But I don't know exactly. I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: Anyone knows exactly than the President himself, because it's still in the air, it's still being decided. But just think about the chance here that the dictator of Venezuela could be taken out and within weeks the molocracy of Iran, which has been a complete nightmare for American foreign policy, a thorn in our side, an adversary in the Middle East, just the worst they could be gone to be a heck of a way to get things kicked off for this year. And something else you can do to kick off your year is Birch Gold. They're a sponsor here, Birch Gold Group.
Speaker 2: My friends.
Speaker 1: Look, they have helped a whole lot of you, of listeners to my radio show, to this podcast, to begin becoming gold owners, to begin to be long term gold investors, and they want more. In fact, until January thirtieth, if your first time gold buyer, Birch Gold's offering a rebate of up to ten thousand dollars on qualifying purchases. To start the process and claim eligibility, text my name Buck to ninety eight ninety eight ninety eight. Birch Gold can help you roll an existing IRA or four to oh one k into an IRA in gold and you're still eligible for a rebate of up a ten thousand dollars. Make this month your first time buying gold. Take advantage of a rebate up to ten thousand dollars when you buy by January thirtieth one more time. Text my name buck to ninety eight ninety eight ninety eight. Claim your eligibility. Eligibility today Text buck Buck.
Speaker 2: To ninety eight ninety eight ninety eight Birch Gold Group.
Speaker 1: I hope when you listen to this, we'll already have an answer to what the actions are under way that Trump has taken.
Speaker 2: Maybe not, but we certainly live in.
Speaker 1: Interesting times and I am hoping and praying for the Iranian people. They deserve a better life than what they've been given by the Islamo fascist maniacs who have been running their country for decades and ruining a historically great and proud people. The Persian people, the Kourds who live in or on there's many different groups, these Ais, there's all these different but in that region, the Persians are the ones that people mostly think of and Farsie speaking Farsie speaking Iranians, and they deserve something better than what they have, and I sincerely hope that they're able to get it, and that would be a sight of true joy and it would be exhilarating, I think. And of course our media doesn't want it to happen because Trump would get credit for it, so they're hoping that it doesn't happen. All the Democrat aligned media, all the people who want Gavin Newsom or whomever to be the next president, they are rooting against this, which is grotesque and pathetic but true. We're rooting for the Iranian people, whether Trump does something or not.
Speaker 2: I hope that the Mullas fall shields high