Speaker 1: We are back with part two of our interview with our dear friend and creator of Full House, Jeff Franklin.
Speaker 2: We are so grateful he made.
Speaker 1: The time to come on the pod and answer all of the burning questions we've had over the last six months or thirty six years. So let's get to it. Here is part two of our chat with Jeff Franklin.
Speaker 3: Just hearing the story of how full House came to be. It's kind of by accident, kind of by sheer willpower, just kind of by you know, demanding what you want and not giving up, and then kind of by like weird things falling apart and falling together. Like you know, the success did not come easy to Full House. It was we worked for it.
Speaker 4: No, we were we were almost canceled. We were uh yeah, we were definitely on the bubble and could have gone either way. Yeah, it's just a series of miracles. Really, I mean weird think about I mean, we're on a such a short little list of shows that have you know, we're still you know, we're still going almost forty years later.
Speaker 3: Yeah, i mean wild you can.
Speaker 4: Count those shows on you know, on one hand. Yeah, it's amazing. It's so miraculous what happened? And you know the other shows on that on those lists, you get it. They're like okay, yeah, Seinfeld Friends and you know, like these are like monsters, right you see come to full House and and everybody's like, oh god, that's on that list.
Speaker 3: You know, You're like, I know, no, we are.
Speaker 2: It's the fan base, the fans.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have such a great loyal fan base. And it was it was made of like so many generations of people that it has just sort of been passed down like some family recipe, you know what I mean, Like if you watched it with your parents, now their grandparents and the grandparents watch it with the grandkids, and.
Speaker 4: You know, and it's really cool now because it's so you know, there's you see people on yeah. I mean there's no cell phones, there's you know, it's such a different world back then.
Speaker 3: There's a landline. I mean I watched the episode yesterday, or I watched the episode yesterday that we're gonna be reviewing later, and I was like, oh my god, a landline, like you answered it and you didn't even know who it was.
Speaker 2: Surprise, no caller, ID Like none.
Speaker 3: Of that shocking?
Speaker 4: Was it? The little lips lips phone DJ.
Speaker 3: Yes, DJ's phone.
Speaker 2: That was a cool phone.
Speaker 3: And the blue and the blue one in the in the kitchen.
Speaker 2: In the kitchen, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Because everyone needs a blue phone that matches their plaid Curtainsy, that's true, it did match. I mean so did the red lips phone. I mean, if you're going to have a phone, it has to match the decord.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Of course, whose idea was that?
Speaker 3: We actually do have quite a few questions about things like that, the things that we've been watching the episodes and gone, where did we got to ask Jeff? Where did that come from?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well I probably don't know, but.
Speaker 1: Well, whose idea was having a nautical theme throughout the living room with the mariner and all of the decor? You know, what was that you or was that a set deck?
Speaker 4: I mean it was you know, conversations about you know, this is you know, we're in San Francisco and it's you know, it's uh, it's on the coast, and you know, maybe be fun to you know, to tie into that. But that was probably.
Speaker 3: Basically if you could turn Fisherman's Wharf into a house, right, that got it? Okay? That was the directions get and also just put in like I know, in the living room there's like a framed picture of like forty nine Ers football people on it was like Joe Montana or I don't know, I'm completely making up random was, but it was like that. And then like in the there was always like a San Francisco banner. I was like, yeah, in case anyone forgets we're in San Francisco.
Speaker 4: Anything with the right right.
Speaker 3: Seapappy was actually down on Peer seventeen for quite a while, but they just dragged it up the hill and uh and brought it home with the turtle on the skateboard.
Speaker 4: That was Bubba that was in there.
Speaker 3: The sea Pappy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Jody has the head. She stole it from the set on the last day.
Speaker 3: What was that the original? That the original Sea Pappy was wooden and a thing. This one is styrofoam. But I will take what I can get.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was it was a recreation, not the original.
Speaker 1: Did you take anything from the set as a souvenir, either in full House or.
Speaker 2: Fuller House or you're just like, I gotta know stuff he really did.
Speaker 3: That's the running consensus is that Stamos stole all of it.
Speaker 1: Without telling anyone until we find out later on Instagram.
Speaker 4: I don't know, he just showed up with the truck in the middle of the night or something.
Speaker 3: I don't know, right, Well, look, that can be done to I'm just saying we could also show up with the truck in the middle of the night. You're taking the couch, don't worry about it.
Speaker 4: He's got the couch. He's got it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think we should.
Speaker 4: It should.
Speaker 3: Each one of us gets the couch for like two weeks of the year, you know, we spread it out through about all of the cast, and we get to lounge on the couch. They give cup Yeah, exactly, good timeshare comes and yeah, right, timeshare the couch and the front doors too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, reinstalled the front doors.
Speaker 1: Speaking of decor, I've noticed out season one that there's a lot of parrots in that, Like there's a parrot in the alcove, and then when Joey moves to the basement, there's parrots. But there's pictures of parrots in Joey's room in the downstairs in the basement.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that was I think I think it was Lynn Griffin.
Speaker 3: I want to remember Lynn.
Speaker 4: Yes, Yeah, anyway, it was that was not my that's not my.
Speaker 2: Thing you're doing okay, okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't worry about were the Golden Retriever puppy posters that were up in DJ's room. Where those a nod to your future plans of getting a dog in.
Speaker 4: The Yes, well yeah, I'm a dog lover. Yes, that al cop to for sure. Okay, yeah, it was always my plan to freaking dog in in that house. It was much to start off with it.
Speaker 3: But right you're like, okay, I've got a picture a six month old and a puppy.
Speaker 1: Did you have goldens before full House or duringm Like?
Speaker 2: When did you have your first golden?
Speaker 4: My first golden was? I used to work at a Texico station when I was a kid, and somebody left a golden in the bathroom. Oh no, obviously abandoned it and have no collar, no nothing, just so I took it home and that was my dog. That's well, I named him. I gave him my nickname back then. So his name was Hefe.
Speaker 2: Oh I love that Jeff and Hefe. I never knew that. That's so cool.
Speaker 4: My Mexican boss at McDonald's three years earlier, when I worked at McDonald's. He he called me Hefe and all my friends worked there too, and it just sort of stuck.
Speaker 2: Okay, Chief there you go. Yeah, yeah, that's an honor.
Speaker 3: That's so great.
Speaker 1: I love that you worked at McDonald's and now you're you're sitting on top of your hill.
Speaker 3: A trajectory you have talking about, like sneaking into the Forum to watch Laker games and then you know, and then being an adult and finally being able to buy floor seats. Yeah, you know, not floor seats, but good seats.
Speaker 4: That was one of the coolest, like ten seconds of my life. When we won our first award on Fuller House. We were like teen Choice Award for Best compty and they had it at the Forum. That's right then, you know, that was my backyard. I grew up in Englewood and I was at the Forum, you know, five times a week. Wow, every basketball game, game, every concert. It was you know, just stroll right in and to be back there on that stage in that building too, you know, to watch with all of you, to watch the show was that was like.
Speaker 3: The screening stadium full of young people, like so excited.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I get choked when I think about that, just like what a what a lucky life?
Speaker 2: Did you keep the orange the what is it that orange trophy?
Speaker 3: The blimp?
Speaker 1: The blimp, Yeah, the orange Nickelodeon blimp. Oh, he's getting up, Jeff's getting up.
Speaker 3: I think that's what I feel. That feels like you feel like this is.
Speaker 2: He's going to show evidence. Yes, there it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have mine to This is the Kid's Choice Award.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 4: I'm in my office. I can drag the Teen Choice Award.
Speaker 3: Oh that's right. We have to wait, yeah, yeah, drag that over.
Speaker 2: Let's get the get there choice. Let's just bring the whole cabinet over.
Speaker 3: I mean, don't yeah, don't knock anything over, hurt yourself. But but this is something the fans want to know.
Speaker 1: The fans will want to know, they'll want to see it, and I know the People's Choice Award. Jeff generously, there's the team.
Speaker 3: There you go. That's great.
Speaker 2: Wait, I didn't get one of those. That's we didn't.
Speaker 3: We we didn't because they were that you can, but you got to buy them.
Speaker 2: You have to buy each.
Speaker 3: Ye, there's like one given to each. Yes, there you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's so cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've got a team. We've got a blimp, a surfboard and uh. And then the People's Choice People's Choice.
Speaker 1: Which is which stuff so generously bought for one for me, one for you, one for Candice.
Speaker 2: Yes, so yeah, that's still displayed in my oh yeah cabinet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the People Choice People's Choice Awards, so that we could each have one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was.
Speaker 3: That's something that most people probably don't know is you don't get that if you want, like for a large cast or something, you get one award. And if you if you win an award, even if you win, you want more than one. You've got to buy it to pay for it.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they're not.
Speaker 4: Cheap, they're hurting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, you know was the the one thing that we've asked Dave about to was the mannequin. How did you What were your feelings on the mannequin? Was this a nightmare for you?
Speaker 4: You know it was obviously it was stupid.
Speaker 2: Oh, we loved it. We look forward to it every week.
Speaker 4: It was ridiculous. But you know, I hate to say no when you know, an actor comes to me and says, I've got you.
Speaker 3: Know, got a great idea, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Please let me do this. You know, it was like well, okay, it's just easier to say yes, you know if if it makes some It didn't make any sense.
Speaker 3: But it was like harmless, right, there was there was one episode that the mannequin had outfit changes.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, costume changes in the middle.
Speaker 3: Like but amazing costume changes where everyone went to one room and like not that much time had passed and then everyone's back like in like walks from the kitchen to the living room and the mannequin's changed its close and I'm like freaking anybody else out that the mannequin's joy.
Speaker 4: Was Joey had changed clothes to I assume.
Speaker 3: Yes, Joey had changed but it was it was you know, there were there were times that the mannequin was wearing a thing and I'm everything so great.
Speaker 4: It was amazing, got two of everything, but it went in a different size the man right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was well priorities. You know, he's living in an alcove, but he's his mannequin has a fatastic everything.
Speaker 1: Else, right, yes, So whose idea was Jesse's Elvis obsession? Was that? Because I know you're a fan of Elvis and John is a fan of Elvis, So whose.
Speaker 4: Ideas a fan but he's not like me. I'm I'm a craze fa I was. Elvis was my first hero when I was five four or five years old. You know, it's been a life obsession and uh yeah it was. This whole show was like it was It's so bizarre how the actors fit what was on the page so perfectly, you know, Like I mean, John, you know, he's got the look. I mean, he's you know, he's right, what better guy, you know to have an Elvis thing? And uh, you know, and Bob, you know, like it was on the page, he's a hugger, he's the emotional guy. He's neurotic. He's there like yeah, don Posey, you know, bless his heart. But you know it was not you know, he was playing that part, but that was Bob.
Speaker 3: Yes, Bob was a neurotic, hugging, emotional fool.
Speaker 4: See de Galorea. And you know, and then Joey that character you know, to have a stand up that does you know all those impressions were in in that guy's act in the script. I mean I didn't didn't know any of that, you know, I mean it was just you know, talk about you know, a manchild, the boy won't grow up Peter, Right, that's Dave.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The fact that we found him and we you know, it was just it's incredible. It just was an exceptional you know, I've cast a lot of shows, and it's casting is the most important part. And it just doesn't happen. You know, somebody doesn't walk in the you know, you you end up rewriting the part for the actor that you wind up with, typically, right, and that didn't have to happen on the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I always wondered that because like how much of who we were informed, who the characters were, or was it that it just so happened that, like you wrote these characters and then sort of manifested these people that really brought that to the table, right.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, once I found you, I rewrote that character a little bit to kind of a what I what I saw on that you know, in that episode. But you know, but when you guys were kids, I don't know if you remember this, you know, I hope I wasn't creepy about it, but you know I tried to spend as much time as I could with you know, with all of you because and yeah, because I wanted to get to know who you were and capture your voice and what are you guys interested in? And what do you care about? And how do you know what do you not care about? And you know, I really that was important to me that I you know, that I write you guys authentically because it had been it had been a while since I've been a kid and hang out with kids, So that part of it was a joy. Really amazing kids amazing.
Speaker 3: We had so much fun on that set with everybody, like just you know, it was just such a fun family environment. I mean I was I posted a picture recently of a bicycle. You gave me my first bike on uh on Full House on the set, and like I remember, I can vividly remember we had our Christmas party on set and you'd given me that, and I remember riding my little bike like just in loops around like backstage by the dressing rooms, do the thing over the you know, the cable bumps and like, but like I vividly remembered that was like where I was riding my bike around was set.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it really was. You know, it was so unusual and I had never been on a set like that. There were always you know, actors that didn't get along and a lot of tension for whatever reason. And with the actors it was always, you know, there was a little bit of you know, the writers versus the actors kind of mentality, which is really stupid, right, you know. And Mike was always you know, we've got kids on this show. Let's make the set a warm, wonderful place. But it's easy to say that, you know, but it but it actually, you know, happened, you know, for whatever reason. The the you know, Adria, the people we hired, the people that were there, you know, the way, the moms we had, you know, everybody was just really wonderful. It was just once in a lifetime, you know experience. We tried to recreate it on four House. We got close in some ways, you know, but you can't just make that happen really special that it just occurred.
Speaker 1: Well, we always felt very protected and well cared for and loved, yeah, which I didn't realize.
Speaker 2: How rare that was at the time. And now we hear stories from our contemporaries.
Speaker 1: That, oh, not all showrunners are that loving and kind and really genuinely cared about his child actors. So I mean, this is a very belated thank you to you. But yeah, I had no idea just how special and rare.
Speaker 3: But truly, like the from the top down, our set was always warm and supportive and friendly and kind and genuine and like yeah, like again, hearing from so many other people who grew up in this business, you know, I sometimes go, wow, maybe I have a very different experience, Like I didn't have any of these negative experiences with you know, anyone on set, or like I was like, this is great. You know, it was like like, you know, a fairy tale almost because now I realized that yet is really really rare.
Speaker 4: We were also lucky.
Speaker 2: So whose idea was Fuller House?
Speaker 1: Because John's going around telling everybody that it was his idea. So I want you to set the record straight of who came up with the idea and got Fourhouse rolling.
Speaker 4: My recollection slightly the John's, but but you know, it came out of a lunch that we had. I mean I fantasized, you know, from the day Full House ended, you know, how can we do this again someday? You know, And I had already kind of worked on an idea for Fuehouse, but we were having we were having lunch. You know and kind of lamenting. This was at a point in two thousand and seven when family sitcoms were kind of off the air and that there was a time where they just didn't exist, and Full House was on nickod Night and doing incredible numbers, like eating most shows at prime time save that network ratings are through the roof, and you know, we're like, well then, you know, there's obviously an audience it's still hungry for that kind of show. And we started to kick around ideas and I said, well, you know, or we could just bring back Full House, you know, just threw it out there. And he goes, yeah, why don't we just do that? And that was so I'm like, okay, you know, hey, John, does that mean you might you know, be Uncle Jesse again, like because that's kind of a big part of Full House, right, you know, and for years, you know, he had just been kicking and clawing and you know, fighting being Uncle Jesse during the show and after.
Speaker 3: The I mean, Bob did we all kind of have those And it's it's common when you get kind of stuck in that you're like, oh my god, I just I can't do anything else.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think he you know, he felt that it limited his opportunities after the show ended for a while and and he, you know, he just he just looked at me, took a beat, and he went, yeah, I could do that. Like I was in a booth, so I didn't fall out my chair. But it was a moment that I, you know, dreamed of that I you know, that suddenly came true. Like how am I awake? Am I? You know? What is this? And he had just you know, he just found you know, he stopped fighting it. You know, he had he had given into it. And then I said, well, you know, it's like I wanted to kiss the guy, but he was kind of across the table. But you know, like and we you know, I said, okay, well I've been thinking about the show and blah blah blah blah blah blah, and you know, I had most of it, and you know, but but and he started throw ideas and you know, so it it came out of that lunch. So you know, I think he gets a shared credit on the fact that Fourhouse would not have happened if not for that lunch.
Speaker 1: And you said, that was in two thousand and seven, and we didn't start pitching Fuller until what fourteen years.
Speaker 4: So we went into Warner Brothers pitched them the show pretty much show, and they said and they didn't get it, you know, they Warner Brothers never really got the power of what they had. Like I always say, if if Disney, if Full House had been on Disney, there'd be like full House Land, you know Disney.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, we'd have our own the amusement park in San Francisco.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it flowed up into little red convertibles and drive through, you know into Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh man, there's a roller coaster going.
Speaker 4: On, toring up.
Speaker 3: You got it, dude, this is such a great idea.
Speaker 2: I want this amusement park. Let's make it happen.
Speaker 4: But one was never really you know, put much. It was you know, belatedly they put the DVD out and you know, that was about it. So we went in there and they said, okay, well let us make some calls and see if there's any interest. And I guess they soft pitched it to a couple of places and didn't get any love back. And we never got up to bat. They's like, I don't think there's any market out there. And it was like over before it even had a chance, you know, you know, but it was before you know, reboot Fever and all the rest of that. But then, you know, I mean, you guys are well aware of the challenges. Even I tried it again, you know, I'm like, Okay, I'm going to try this one last time. You know. We got as far as a round of pitches and still couldn't sell it, you know, to TV, yes, you know that one own.
Speaker 2: You know, the ABC, I mean, Nickelodeon.
Speaker 4: You know, to all the you know, the logical suspects that would want that show, and nobody bought it, you know, I mean, Bob Weett was trying to sell one hundred episodes you know, at once, which was didn't help us. But you know, still they could have said no, but we'll, you know, do a pilot script or we'll do it they will read or something. We got nothing, and then, you know, and then Netflix came came out of nowhere, and again just another miraculous thing that happened. You know, then we got to go back and do it again. For a while.
Speaker 2: That was so special.
Speaker 1: It was even even better the second time around, just because of the gratefulness in the perspective that we had as adults. Finally we were like, oh my gosh, this is so cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they say you can ever come home again, but we did, and it.
Speaker 4: Was it was a lot of fun, and you know, I think the fans, a lot of the fans really enjoy it, and you know, we just yeah.
Speaker 3: They loved it.
Speaker 4: We didn't, you know, shouldn't catch fire quite the same way as Full House did, but you know, but I was really proud of the of the show and you know, and it was just so much fun to do it again.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, and I also think sort of the landscape of television changed though in that time, Like having that sort of success of a show anymore is it's almost you know, unless it's a Game of Thrones or something like that. Like it there's really popular niches of television and stuff, and I think like sort of the streaming kind of did that. But I know, like fans were so thrilled with what we did with Full House. They loved the fact that we kind of were self referential and like you know, wink wink, nod no occasionally, like we get who we are and what we do, and we just leaned into it. And I you know, talking about John kind of leaning into it too. I feel like we all fought that same sort of battle where it was like, ah, I'm not you know, I'm not this person, I'm this or I'm that, you know, And it felt like when full Fuller came back, we all just kind of went like, it's just some fun, like you know what this is actually kind of great, Like let's let's just run with it. And we did. And like once we did that, it was like we found what it was. We discovered what the audience fell in love with.
Speaker 4: You know, yeah it was I mean the first episode, I just you know, loaded it up with you know, nostalgia and self referential jokes. The big biggest line catchphrases ever written, been involved in whatever was in that show.
Speaker 3: When we did our when we did our our look to camera the first.
Speaker 4: Episode, we said was oh yeah, Michelle's in New York, you know, in the fashion business or whatever the line was. And then and then that look into.
Speaker 3: Camera and wasn't didn't We decided we did it as like an old because we were doing it like the original and were like, oh, let's kind of let's do it, and we and I think we all were like, oh, well, they won't use that.
Speaker 4: It was the first time, and we had to do it again because I didn't want to cut away. I didn't I didn't want to do any camera cuts. So we had to do it a couple of times. It wouldn't be so long, but that was you know, I'd never gotten like a two minute rolling laugh. That's that was great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then I remember that.
Speaker 4: Everybody wanted to cut it, cut it out. Bob wanted to cut it really.
Speaker 2: Like the network.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not sag it, okay, but I quit.
Speaker 2: No, I know, it was a great choice to leave it in.
Speaker 3: I mean it was that if we don't say something, you know what I mean, it was like like, we know, you know, let's just have that.
Speaker 4: All the way we know, and it was and then the look just said, oh, come on, you know, guys, not that serious complain an hour? You know.
Speaker 1: Well, and especially because we every interview, every single interview, they would bring up, why aren't.
Speaker 2: The Olsens coming back? And we're like, they don't want to. It's a simple that's all. I haven't they have.
Speaker 3: Yeah they have autonic It's okay, but yeah, I was I think I did that one time we were at a press tour and somebody asked that, and it was at the end of like an eleven hour day, and I was just like, I don't know, you guys just keep asking like why get kindly frustrated from it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my standard line I always use was, you know, there's every time you have a have a family reunion, you know, there's always that that one guy who doesn't show up. You know, It's just it's always true.
Speaker 3: It's true, true, And I absolutely under understand, like it's you know, I I know for me, like my formative years of like five to thirteen, that was all of my child memories, but like before eight, before they were you know, for me, it was like that wasn't as big and important of a pivotal thing in my life. So I there's a little bit of a distance from it, I think. And they're incredibly successful fashion designers.
Speaker 4: They were amazing, they've.
Speaker 3: Done and have a baby now again we've are generationally has a baby of full house families so sweet.
Speaker 1: So would you ever do a fullest house? That's another question we get a lot.
Speaker 2: Would you would you do it? And do you think it would ever happen? Like what's the possibility?
Speaker 4: You know? I would. I would, of course I would, you.
Speaker 2: Know, yeah, I think we I think we all would.
Speaker 4: It still needs a little time in between.
Speaker 1: But sure, well even as a tribute to Bob, we could do a tribute to Bob and Danny, Danny Tanner and Bob. Bob would even joke about he would want his earn on the mantle in the living room set.
Speaker 2: So I think we have to manifest.
Speaker 3: Be fine, right, yeah, he'd approve. But I think that whatever it is, we go back to sort of the idea of like three comics in a household, but like more of a reality thing. And it's just all of us living at your house as a retirement home and and that, and that's what it is, fullest house and there's seventeen Golden Retrievers everywhere, and it's yeah, like we're just all old and senile. It'll be great.
Speaker 4: Well I love it because, yeah, because I could pay all my mortgages out of that production.
Speaker 3: So see solutions, Jeff. That's all I'm saying. This is great. People would are you kidding? People would watch this? We're going to get requests.
Speaker 4: You guys all just move in and live together and you know, by yourself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would like great, fine, for sure, it would. Oh my god, show with it so funny, just be Dave making fart noises all the time.
Speaker 1: We have a lot of deodorizers in the house. Oh man, oh Jeff, this has been so great.
Speaker 2: This has been such a fun hour to.
Speaker 1: Chat with you and catch up and tell these stories that we've enjoyed listening to for years and now we get to share them with our listeners. It's just it gives me all the warm fundays.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can't believe you and you guys have a podcast and Dave has a podcast and every rewatching every episode, and you know, I actually wish you guys had but sort of spread them out a little longer, you know, like you guys are like competing right in a way.
Speaker 3: Oh no, No, his is more. Dave's just like so visual and so like his is more like his recaps are a little like shorter, I think, and he does more stuff that's like he like he always describes it as like Peebe's playhouse sort of. He's got puppets and shows and clips and things and interviews and all of that. And we're a little we do a little more like kind of guest and the recap and and the sci fi you know, mystery science theater commentary.
Speaker 4: Of what the hell was going on in a keeps the show going.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we love it. We have such a loyal, great, amazing fan base, and I think they're actually excited that there's two ways for them to to get And it's also Dave has such a he was talking about it too, like such a different perspective as an adult on the show. Versus are going up as kids and kind of interviewing people and rediscovering things about like our childhood or what the experience was like, you know, or for everybody else. Been kind of fun to do.
Speaker 1: And we're Jodie and I are separately, but we're going on Dave's podcast as guests coming up later this wenth. So I can't wait to see the set and sit in the chair that you sat in a wonderful interviews.
Speaker 3: Jeff, We're so glad you came on. Are you Are you still working on your book or have you?
Speaker 4: I got I got depressed. I didn't get depressed, but I got like intimidated a little bit. When I read John's book. I'm like, I got to go back and make this better. He set the all so high. I thought, he just it was an amazing read.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and yours will be to yours will be too. Absolutely, I can't wait to read it. I love it And anytime you need more. You know you've been interviewing us sporadically throughout the years, Yeah, to get like you.
Speaker 4: Know, Andrea. One one question I forgot to ask when you do your annual Kimmy Gibbler Halloween costume contest?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you followed that on Instagram. Well, I haven't.
Speaker 1: I didn't do it this this last year. I don't think I did the I think I sort of stopped at the ten year mark because I don't know why. But the prize was always an autographed Full House script or Fuller House if it was in the Fuller House days, and then that was the main prize.
Speaker 2: And then sometimes I would throw in like.
Speaker 1: A rap gift, like a T shirt or just some sort of paraphernalia from from Full House. If I had extra rap gifts lying around, I would just throw them, throw them in the package and send it to the winner. So yeah, no, it was. It was very special. People love they love it. They love having a piece of history and actually script with my scribblings in there and my highlighting my lines.
Speaker 3: Yeah, your boobs, the boob drawings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dave would draw boobs on the back, not my script because I was a child all the time, but I had his own script. Well, then then we would do it, you and I and I would yeah, would start writing.
Speaker 3: You know, Jeff, know about the script that you donated that then someone said that they had or was that Dave?
Speaker 1: No, No, I don't that was me. I don't think Jeff has heard this story that a local a local elementary school was asking for donations that they could put up for auction and all the proceeds would go to a charity for needy children. And so I said, yeah, sure, I've got a million of these old full house scripts hanging around. So I just dropped one off at the front desk one day and left. And then I got a call from the secretary later that night and she was like, there are some drawings on.
Speaker 2: The back of the script that you might want to know about. It was definitely a Dave drawing.
Speaker 1: So I thought, we can't give this to children, needy children. So I had to quickly course correct and deliver a different script. There were a lot of meetings, mom meetings.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now, I just can't say it enough. Jeff, you created something that changed not only the lives of the people that were in it, but the lives of the people that watched it and the lives of the people that we were all connected to. And that's it's a hell of an impact. I'm so proud that we all did this together as like this little family that we're still a part of it.
Speaker 4: It's really a beautiful thing, you know. That's that's I love that it's continued, you know, all these years, whether we're making a show or not. You know, that's that's equally special. And love you guys, and.
Speaker 3: Love you too, John.
Speaker 1: I love you so much, Jeff, and thank you for sharing your stories with us.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Hope we get to see.
Speaker 1: You in person soon and pay play with your goldens Uddy and Lola.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, that will wrap up our interview with Jeff Franklin. We hope you all liked what he had to say, and we cannot wait for you to hear who we have for you next week with an entirely new guest, which means entirely new stories and entirely new laughs. So continue I almost just read, so continue with regular outro.
Speaker 2: Instagram Jody, It's okay. We're still waking up. We're still wanting up.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, okay, wait, this.
Speaker 2: Is a full house episode.
Speaker 1: Do you remember when when DJ tells Stephanie in the Oat Boat commercial, don't read the stage direction stage.
Speaker 3: Direction, and I yeah, and I read to what you just did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you're living Oh my sorry, okay.
Speaker 3: Please continue. No, that's okay, that's I think this should all be in it. Okay. Now, if you want to follow us on Instagram, follow us at how Rude Podcast. You can email us at Howard podcast at gmail dot com. We love to get your questions, suggestions here what you're loving about the podcast, and make sure you're liking and subscribing wherever you're listening as well. And in the meantime, remember you guys, Here we go, There we go. The house is small, but the world is wait.
Speaker 2: Almost my god, I was so you were confident, went into.
Speaker 3: This small but the house is full. There we go.
Speaker 2: You got it, You got it.