Speaker 1: Quest Love Supreme is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Hey guys, just wanted to shoot you with a quick disclaimer. Hey, so our fifth anniversary episode, the audio quality not the tip top best. However, we wanted to make sure that all the folks that didn't get a chance to join us for It Live get a chance to hear all of the shenanigans in good times that we had with our listeners. So enjoy and happy big anniversary to you too.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how y'all doing? Yeah, my pants are on fire right now. I'm just shaging up the room.
Speaker 3: You know, because you know, hey, mine as well.
Speaker 1: I gotta say that kind of happy about this moment. I think when you're having fun. Not to sound like a cliche, but time really does fly.
Speaker 4: And I was.
Speaker 1: Told that, you know, when you're having fun and time has passed, you got to be doing something right. Here we are at our fifth anniversary, and still in my mind it feels like maybe this is our second or maybe third anniversary or Quest Love Supreme. We've been on for five years, five crazy years. Just to give you guys some background. Of course, you're all die hard, so I don't even think I need to explain to you what this is.
Speaker 3: But you know, just in case you were late comers, you know, during a pandemic of a.
Speaker 1: Lot of people discovered us in a lot of our old episodes.
Speaker 3: The qlex actually.
Speaker 4: Came up.
Speaker 1: When I was like knee deep my tenure teaching at NYU. I talked there for like five years, shout out to all my students that made it, that are now making more money than I am.
Speaker 4: But you know, even though I.
Speaker 1: Was having a ball playing professor over there, you know, my management's like, okay, you only got twenty five students a year, Like you could be hitting millions with.
Speaker 3: The same lessons that you're teaching now. So I was like, okay.
Speaker 1: So at the time, like my standard for what I liked in a radio show was a show called The Gordon Gartrell Show, and that was hosted by q alys's own shout out the Boss Bill and Fon Ticolo. So instantly, you know, I asked those guys to come around. And then you know Sugar Steve, who's been like my longtime engineer from the days of voodoo and phrenology and Mama's Gun and all the common records and all that stuff. He and I always like talked about us hosting our imaginary radio shows back in the day. I know I'm gonna hurry up with the introductions because I can tell like it's going to be an hour and then like I'm we get to the guys, and not to mention unpaid Bill, who you know, I just befriended that year working on this off Broadway play called Hamilton. I don't know if you guys ever heard of it, but we became cool, and he was our first guest on the show, and he was so cool that he actually wound up to joining the team.
Speaker 3: That's how much fun that show was.
Speaker 1: But yeah, let me let me bring them in one by one. Let us start right now, right now, in case you're wondering, I'm in I'm in the glam room of the Tonight Show. How meta is it that we can see all of me back there through those mirrors. You see Tariq's Pirates booty snacks right there and next.
Speaker 4: To the alcohol.
Speaker 3: So yeah, food and alcohol right there.
Speaker 4: Anyway, let us bring in.
Speaker 3: Let's bring in Steve first said to Steve, do we.
Speaker 4: Have a steam ready.
Speaker 3: Words of wisdom? I believe I'm on the stage with you right now.
Speaker 4: You're on stage with me right now, Steve. Steve, we'sed the dream of this man.
Speaker 3: We did we talked about uh, we did talk about it a lot.
Speaker 5: And you know, the thing is about you and what and once I started working with you that I kind of adopted, is this this strange sense of like.
Speaker 3: Fuck everything. You know, we're going to do this stuff.
Speaker 5: And we're going to do it over and over again for like the Tonight's show for years and and and and when you started the podcast, I didn't I didn't know. I didn't have any preconceptions about whether it was going to last or not either way, but I just kind of knew if you're associated with it, it's just one of those things where it's like you plug away every day. You just keep working, like I guess, like a workaholic.
Speaker 1: And then it's five years later, and then it's.
Speaker 5: Five years later and it's successful, and I'm sure you get.
Speaker 3: As much positive feedback as I do about the show.
Speaker 1: Well, I feel like you're the real heart of the show, Steve, because you're actually an active contact with I mean, they're now the Sugar Heights. I almost of the people that I hear almost guarantee that forty percent of them are probably from your your Sugar.
Speaker 5: Network, right, but we do not. Nobody calls we're not sugar rights. Nobody said that's not a word.
Speaker 4: Okay, but you get hate mill already.
Speaker 5: But we were talking before the show about that, and it's a real thing. QLs is five years old, the Sugar Network is three and a half years old. So we're right behind you, and it's sort of a mini version of this. It's just music nerds talking about music and life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's the real heart of the show. It's the real heart of the show. Let's let's let's bring some other people onto.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll ask you who who, Well, I'll ask you when we're all together, who should we bring next with us?
Speaker 4: Should we bringing on fant Tagelo?
Speaker 3: You're asking me, Yeah, it's your show as well.
Speaker 4: So actually.
Speaker 3: With Sherman's him here to me, you bring the.
Speaker 4: Red red wine? Okay. So the reason why.
Speaker 1: We have to use Jimmy Liggans drunk for fans, I think I know why Frante comes alive always during the Christmas episodes, which is always probably our most humorous ones. But we got to make a custom you know, a custom theme for fon Tigelo, because Frante makes all the themes for everyone else.
Speaker 4: You know, hey man, it's you.
Speaker 6: Know, it's I just try to do what I can just to make the ship hot man, make it you know, exciting, and you know, when I was asked to come on this, I'm always looking at ways just to make it dope and just ways that I can add value and you know, just take the shit to the next level. So now it's been it's been a blast.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Like if Steve is the spirit of the show, you're definitely the most down to earth, grounded in reality stage of