Speaker 1: If you ever want to know why the more money Africa get, the worse off Africa is, is because the interest on the loan, you can't pay it back in a million years. It's too deep the paypack. So basically, you're not purchasing alone, you're purchasing Slavery of the African is the first slavery where the victim was stripped of their humanity. See people always say, why y'all keep talking about slavery. Everybody been slaves. You ain't the first slaves. In fact, the word slave comes from slav which describes one of the first European groups to be enslaved in Europe. Right, Okay, that's true. We're not the first, but we're the only ones ever, including biblical slavery, to be stripped of your humanity. Civil Rights Bill was not passed so you can live with white folks and date white folks and go to their hotels. You know why, I was passed so that they could benefit from the black dives. That matters the most. It's the purity of your heart and your intentions, and a lot of people in today's conscious movement. The YouTube voices not to throw nobody under the bus. Brother I couldn't give you three exactly, my man, Lord loans old loan. Look okay, okay, opsun is up there and stuck that nick when it's up there, Man, it's stuck there. Shut up.
Speaker 2: This episode is brought to you by Prize Picks, the fantasy sports platform is changing the game for people like us. With Prize Picks, you can test your knowledge with picking over and under for your favorite player stats across a wide variety of sports. Thank football, baseball, basketball, and beyond.
Speaker 1: So why wait?
Speaker 2: Jump in the prize picks right now and bring more excitement to game day. Whether you're cheering from the stands of the couch, Prize Picks ask that extra leyl fun for sports excitement again my slogan, why would you put some on the game when you could put something on the name. Let's get into those picks and start winning with prize picks today, I utp Cole.
Speaker 1: Let's get back to the show.
Speaker 2: They We do have very very special guests in the building. We got a guy that I really really really couldn't wait to speak to, is one of the most polarizing figures in our culture. We got doctor Umar Johnson in the building.
Speaker 1: How's it going. Peace and Love, Black Man, thanks for having me on the show on the podcast, Peace and Love to the entire Black Tennessee and especially to black Nashville. Glad to be back. That's a fact. I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Now tell me you know, first, of course, we want to chop it up about a lot of different things.
Speaker 1: I want to ask you first, what brings you to Nashville. This is my second visit to Nashville. First visit was twenty fourteen or fifteen fifty University Jam packed, sold out fist University Gymnasium, was just overwhelming. I did not know that I had that type of love in Nashville or the state of Tennessee. So this is my first visit since then, only my second, and I'm here to celebrate the fourth annual Soul Day, Nashville Sol Day, which will be at East Park tomorrow twelve to five, and I'll be speaking food, fun, family. You know how the outdoor events go. And I loved outdoor events because you can get some of that sun, get some of that energy is you know, you don't have to be all pent up in the inside. But thanks to the host of the Soul Day, they brought me on down. So I'm glad to be back.
Speaker 2: Facts facts, facts, and we welcome you. Like I said, it's a lot of love in Nashville for you, like from the YouTube views to people just knowing who you are, just respecting what you stand on or on the contrary, but either way, it's a lot of people that knows who Ma Johnson is. And I'll welcome you. Anything you need again while you're here, I'm assistance. So if you've got anything, thank you, like reach out to me. And that's a fact. I'll help in any way I can. And so what's on the agenda for you? What's on your mind?
Speaker 1: You know, I want to ask you that. Well, right now, probably the biggest project's working on is the Frederick Douglas Marcus Garvey Academy. We purchased two buildings in Wilmington, Delaware this past February. As you know, we have been raising money for four years, almost five years, so we were blessed the most high blessed us. We were lucky enough to not only get one building, but two of them in Wilmington, Delaware in the Black side of the city. So right now we're just trying to raise a million dollars to restore those buildings. We actually have a campus, two schools, and then plus two other buildings. So if we can raise a million, we can do the whole campus. If we can get half a million, we can do two of the four buildings. And if we can only get a quarter million, we can referbish at least a small school building, which will allow us to get started until we raise enough money to take care of that big building.
Speaker 2: So what takes priority. Let's say, if you do get the quarter mean, do you know where you want to start?
Speaker 1: The small building and we renamed that the Honorable Marcus Garvey Building and the large school building which is the mecca that like, once we get that one up and done, that'll be the one stop shop for the whole community. And we're calling that the Honorable Frederick Douglas Building. So my thinking is my logic, get the Garvey Building done, you can get started with your second, third, fourth grade academy. That give you a couple of years to show and prove to the community that you're not playing. Then you get the money for the Frederick Douglas building, and now you got your whole k to twelve.
Speaker 2: So when you were coming up with the school. It was a very very long journey. That was a lot of things happening. You also spoke about the Mary and was it the woman's side kind of the woman's.
Speaker 1: School, the Anna Douglas Amy Garvey Academy. I got your adag Yes, yes, the beauty of the Wilmington campus. Because we have two schools, we may be able to introduce the female academy sooner than originally playing because I only thought we would get one building. We have two buildings. Yes, so I believe that we'll probably be bringing the young women in sooner than originally scheduled. But I don't want to say win because if I say win, and they're gonna hold me to it. So all I'm gonna say is I anticipate having the girls at the school within two to three years. Oh for sure. We can't lead the girls out. We can't lead it. I have two daughters myself. We can't lead the girls out. But the reason I start with the boys because everywhere I go, and I know they're gonna ask me tomorrow, why are you only talking about the boys. The way I see it, taking care of black boys is also taking care of black girls because the number one challenge of the black woman is what finding a suitable mate who can protect and provide. So if we're building black men from the ground up who have the ability to protect and provide for their queen, are we not taking care of the women as we take care of the men, right?
Speaker 2: Because you're putting a mate there, you're putting them in solid.
Speaker 1: You're putting the mate they're that's solid. Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: And so when you started this school thing, and like I said, the journey you went on, do you what steps is it for you to get the school recognized in regards to like the state.
Speaker 1: Yes, it depends on the state. Good question. Remember, the United States Constitution does not afford anyone the opportunity to get an education. The word education is not even in your constitution. The United States Department of Education was founded in the nineteen eighties, so it's only been around forty years. So education, as much as the propaganda would suggest, is not a priority of the United States government. In fact, there's a movement to eliminate the United States Department of Education because there's a lot of white folks who say, why am I paying taxes for a service? My constitution does not obligate me to pay. And on top of that, more than half of all white folks either do not have children, do not have school age children anymore, or send their school aged children to private.
Speaker 2: School, so they don't need the government.
Speaker 1: They don't need the exactly. So their question again is why do I have to pay taxes for not only something my constitution does not require, but something that me myself do not need. You see, so in your lifetime you may see where there's no longer a United States Department of Education. Getting back to the question, every state is different. Let me compare two for you, Delaware in Pennsylvania, I live in one, the school is in the other. Right. In Pennsylvania, because it is a common wealth and one of the oldest education states in America, they have a very intense, bureaucratic private school process. Pennsylvania needs to approve your private school curriculum before they approved the school, Before they proved the school. They want to see what you're teaching right right, Delaware, you still have oversight, you still have to be accountable, you still have to register, but it's not as intense, which is a blessing for us. Why because our curriculum isn't something that they're going to be looking to approve, So we need that freedom, which is why I would say I believe it was divine intervention at the school ended up in Delaware and not Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: That's what I was going to ask, because did you think about that, because it was a lot of schools you had in your scope. Hey, we got one. I just found one, Like we need to get down in and get it.
Speaker 1: Let's get it.
Speaker 2: And it's like that school's gone. Did you think about that when you were doing that or did I did?
Speaker 1: It? Did just happen, But I did think about that as well, because there's a school in my neighborhood North Philadelphia. Okay, I'm from the same neighborhood as Jill Scott, Bill Cosby meek Mill lived right across the street of friends with my younger brother. I don't know him personally, but I remember him. Okay, same block eighteenth and Burks. I wanted to get a school in that neighborhood, Catholic school for sale, but the realtor practiced real estate racism on me, lied and told me that the school was not available to be sold yet. I found out later that he lied right I didn't press the issue because in him lyon that bought me time to come and learn that the school that I originally wanted, the Delaware School, was now want to be offered to me with the moneies that we had. In other words, if the realtor in Philly didn't play the race card and try to keep me from getting that squad would have bought it right, which means we would have it. That would need to have been restored as well. But on top of restoring the school, you now got to play politics with the Pennsylvania Department of Education. So when you look at the divine intervention, the ancestors said, uh uh, because that state already got you and broad and everything, they definitely ain't gonna try to give you the approve of to do your school because not to cut you off.
Speaker 2: Why you were doing that, I did see that they drilled.
Speaker 1: Pennsylvania State Board of Education charged me with presenting myself as a licensed psychologist without a license. Right, I've never claimed to be a licensed psychologist because I never pursued the license. In other words, I'm not somebody who took the tests and failed it. I never went for exactly because I'm a certified school psychologist. Right, you have school psychology, which is the special ed umbrella, and then you got clinical psychology, which is everything else your mental illness. My doctorate is clinical, but I'm certified in school and because I'm both sides, and with the amount of work that I have as a certified school psychologist, this really don't need for me to get a license. What am I going to do with it? Right? Right right right in Pennsylvania, a certified school psychologist can practice privately. This is the law. So what am I in here for? And guess what they said? Because you went on the breakfast club. That's what I said. This was the evidence said breakfast class. I see that? Are you serious? He played the breakfast club? Were in the corner law and you pulling up in me? You see you said that you practiced privately. I'm legally allowed to. I'm twenty years in. Read your own statue. It says right there, a certified school psychologist can practice privately. What are you talking about? They had no case? Do you think some of that was to stop your momentum? Without question? But I can exclusively credit white supremacy, but that I got to credit the coons in the community too, got them because a lot of them were calling them making complaints against me. People who disagree with my position on the LBGT movement, people who disagree with my position on multiculturalism, people who disagree with my position on interracial dating. It was that animosity that led to a crusade to try to get the state to clamp down on me.
Speaker 2: And you know, I was because we've seen with Facebook, Google things like that, how they Instagram social media in itself, how they kind of shadow band people and do certain things. Right when that was happening, there was a flip on YouTube in regards to you. When you google Umar Johnson. Prior to there were videos of you just speaking like you.
Speaker 1: Do every day.
Speaker 2: After that, there was like a surge of doctor Umar Johnson exposed. Doctor Umar Johnson said. This Boyce Watkins was up there. He was saying stuff. And when you looked at what Boyce Watkins was saying, it was almost like a game. These guys are playing a weird Oh yes, oh yeah, he says, Well, I didn't say anything this girl said, and yeah she's a black woman. They it's a crazy thing. So with that switch, I just.
Speaker 1: Thought about it.
Speaker 2: I'm like I wonder, what's this kind of stop the momentum, because.
Speaker 1: Oh, without question, yeah, without question. Here three things to your point. Number one, My work suffers to a degree because, unlike the black power movement of the sixties, there's not a lot of other serious national and international organizers who can help distract the power structure from following my every move See King had Malcolm, Malcolm had Mega, MegaR had Stokely, Stokely had core Cord had Snick. Snick had the Southern Christian Leadership Conference. They had the Freedom Riters, the Freedom Riders, had the Cities, the Citis, had the HBCU protests. In other words, even though j Ego Hoover was all over each of their backs, he had to worry about ten other legitimate movements. We don't have that now, unfortunately or fortunately, depending on how you look at it. As a result of the police genocide campaign that was reignited under the administration of Barack Hussein Obama. That campaign exposed the traditional civil rights leadership cartel Jackson, Sharpton, NAACP, Congressional Black It exposed them as being in a because they couldn't give our youth an answer to police genocide. So when Sharpton went down to Charleston, South Carolina and tried to organize the community there to be quiet and let the police do their investigation, he was disinvited. He was also disinvited, I believe, from Baltimore Jackson disinvited. So for the first time in our life, we saw major civil rights leaders be disinvited by the community. That opened up a vacuum where now, for the first time in our history in America, this may be the first time in four hundred years, you do not have an identified black leader that the youth can respect. And I believe that was part of the assault on my political character because they said I was coming kill it. Because one thing we know about military science, before you exterminate the body, you exterminate the reputation. If you can kill the reputation of the black man, you may not even have to kill the black man, because it's people are doing for you exactly. So what you see happening to doctor Umar right now is the assassination of my political reputation as a means of doing what destabilizing and killing the momentum and the message.
Speaker 2: And because the message, whether or not people agree with it, in this entirety. There's there's some meat in this message, for like, but if you don't understand it, that's that's cool. But the logic in it and a lot of places is there you can look at it. It makes total sense. And some people, like I said, when I seen, I said, dude, and to see the tyreg the sheets, especially with you, I watched colors because of you. I'm not nobody that Like, I'm not saying it because you're hear saying that, because that's the truth. And so even when that happened, I'm like this infighting, Like we're gonna right back to infighting in a time where we don't have that recognizable face like who is it? Who is it? And when you, like I said, you were coming, and man, when you were coming, you were coming with force. When you when you like your conversations now that were just filled with ship and it.
Speaker 1: Was boom bam bam bam bam. They cannot it was nothing they can do with exactly.
Speaker 2: And so when I see that and I say, okay, boys, Walker's he did the same thing. The Farakhan too. He said, hey, this person said something I didn't say it. It's all good. I don't really understand it that you two don't pay that well, you know, for guys to do all of that.
Speaker 1: Low key hating, soft you know, very sophisticated, careful with it. But what you're doing is introducing a whole bunch of negative doubts in the people's minds the previously didn't have those doubts.
Speaker 2: And then what and like you said, and what happens is when you start to do that, somebody goes hmm, and they don't ever hear you respond to. That's why it's important for this kind of because what will happen is when they do that and then you do this, it's a response to that.
Speaker 1: But with you doing the real work, you don't have the same time there exactly. And that's the thing because for a lot of them, they do nothing but sit on YouTube and not to blow my horn, because there's other activists out there on the community level, yourself and others, but on that national international black conscious level, there's few who do the work the way that I do it. So even with the criticism that came from us taking so long to get a school, which you're in real estate, you know, it takes a while to get property, especially when it's expensive, especially when you're dealing with commercial you see. So I'm out there grinding to try to get this school. They living off of YouTube money. You follow and people not putting two to together and say, well, wait a minute, if they got time to make a video a day, what are they actually doing for the people. I don't have a YouTube channel. People don't know this because there's a lot of channels that are misrepresenting themselves as mine money because of money. There's a King Consciousness channel. I don't know who owned that. There's a Prince of Pan Africanism channel. I don't know who owned that. So people think I thought that's your channel because it's all your videos. It's not mine. And I wouldn't even have a problem with them having it if they made a donation to the school. Sometimes you've got people who've been plugging my info never made a donation to the school. That's what bothers me. But see what a lot of see here's the other issue, and this has been a historic problem with black leadership. You can go back to the days of Frederick Douglas, Martin Delaney, you go back to the days of Malcolm and Martin. You could go back to the days of almost anyone you want to bring up, that ego of the Negro has always divided our people. The ego of the Negro has always divided our people. However, where Douglas and Delaney they were still able to coexist. Where Malcolm and Martin on the eve of Malcolm's assassination through read at Scott Rest in Peace, Malcolm had agreed to your unite forces with King the Lady united forces with Douglas at times. You see. So even though they differed politically, they were able to come together. You know why that is because the intentions were sincere. See. I always tell people I'm a Pan Africanist. I'll never be a Hebrew. I'm not interested. I'll never be in a nation of Islam. I'm not interested. I'll never be Anwapian. I'm not interested. I'll never be a god on Earth. I'm not interested. But I respect all of those movements because they have all contributed to our people and where we are today. I have friends and supporters in those movements, and I support those movements. But guess what, I could work with any of them if the intentions are sincere. So although I am a Pan africanist. If I think you are insincere, even if we are ideologically homogeneous, I won't work with you because you're a hustler. On the flip side, you could be a Bible tot and white Jesus worshiping Christian. But if I believe you really trying to make a difference for black folks, I will unite with you. At the end of the day, it's not the ideology that matters the most. It's the purity of your heart and your intentions. And a lot of people in today's conscious movement the YouTube voices not to throw nobody under the bus. Brother, I couldn't give you three Yeah, me neither. I couldn't give you three who I would say, he sincerely cares about his people, and even if you didn't make a dollar, he would still do this work. I can't give you.
Speaker 2: Three and for me and for me being on the wrap side, because I know the youth is what the most important thing is and as an artist myself, I can't give you three that I would want to sit down with because again, at the end of the day, I understand it's a lot of clickbait. It's just a lot of bullshit. You know, it's just a lot of your dudes are doing things that I can't understand from a place where you don't do that. Yes, Like, if you have a sincere problem, you address the problem now. If you want to have a dialogue, put you a video yo out as for a response. And even if you don't ask for a response, make valid points that I can respond to.
Speaker 1: Yes, but to.
Speaker 2: Assassinate the character of another god, just yes, you know a lot of times I don't understand it. But going back to the school when you went to get is the school recognized in Delaware right now?
Speaker 1: Well, remember, yes it is. You don't get officially recognized as a school till you are operating. So I have to be at the point where I'm ready to accept the students in. That's when I let Delaware know we are now officially okay, applying for our certificate a license to operate an independent school in the state of Delaware. So we got to rehab that building first. But in other words, in order to get approved by the state, you got to first be approved by license and inspections. To even have kids inside of it, you follow it. So we got to go through that. We're dealing with the building now before we even hit the baraccasy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, makes this makes sense because it got to be up to stand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, gotta be up.
Speaker 2: What about with the building, with the school? What what have you done to ensure that when it's time? Do you have a date?
Speaker 1: Do you have a hard you need the money because you need the money, can't have a hard date. But the beauty, the beauty is the building as opposed to it being one castle. It's for smaller castles. That helps us because, as you know, being in real estate, you can operate this and have everything off over there, you follow. That's been a beauty. So I can focus in on the Marcus Garvey Building, which is which is about twelve buildings, excuse me, twelve classrooms, two bathrooms, computer.
Speaker 2: Lab, kicking how over there?
Speaker 1: Yeah? It got what we need right. So I'm looking at that and I'm like, if we started with this, we can handle this right, you know. So that's why we're focusing on that because that'll give us two or three years to show improved raise that money for the big one. Because once we get into Frederick Douglas building, it's a raight brother. That's a modern gym, modern gigantic gym, separate lunch row, sixteen class, big hallways. I'm talking about the Frederick Douglass Building, my brother would be the central Black organizing headquarters in America. Every conference you're trying to do a hip hop conference, we got all the space you need, vendors, entertainment, grassouts side. You follow what.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, like, yeah, sir, yes, sir?
Speaker 1: See what and the reason I'm so excited when I talk about the campus. As someone who speaks as much as I do, I can probably only name for you five places one hand of places I've spoken in. And this is global, not just in the man that's owned by us. Ninety nine percent of the time when I'm speaking, I'm speaking in property that we had to rent from another person. You see speaking to us, and you're speaking us, which means I have to watch my message to a.
Speaker 2: Degree for they say next time, no.
Speaker 1: More, next time, no more, or bring the police in on you right then and there exactly. So we will have a facility where we can fit all the people we need, do all the music we need, all the food we need, all the vendors we need, one stop shop, and I'm going to market that as a conference center. So guess what delta sigma beta. Guess what kappa ALPHASI guess what omegasi five five beta sigma sibber Gammarrell say the phive beta right when y'all need a space to do a conference. Why are you giving a quarter of a million to Hyatt, Why you're giving a quarter of a million to Hilton while you're giving a quarter of a million to Best Western. Where you can come here and give that quarter of a million to us. You can operate our school for the whole year if you do your camra. We got. It's a nice school's modern modern, not old modern. We got all the class space y'all need, We got all the lunching space y'all need. Let us do it and let my students cater it with our hotel, restaurant and tourism school. You follow what I'm saying, So I'm putting organizations on the spot. When we up and run it, I better not catch you. You understand giving your money to a white hotel where you got an independent school with the facilities you need that you can go to. It is Wilmington, thirty minutes from the Philadelphia Airport, two hours from DC on the river, historic city. How can you say nothing?
Speaker 2: Do you meet any resistance? Are you still meaning resistance? Or it was the building? Was that like a turning point for the goal that when you.
Speaker 1: Give me it was a turning point spiritually, ain't psychologically because through those five years Brothers, because of the real estate racism, I kept coming into buildings that we could afford, like the Philly building getting red line through racism. There was a school in Trenton, New Jersey, red line through racism. There was a school in Detroit, Michigan that I really wanted, owned by Brothers. I didn't get that building because they didn't want to work with me on a price. We couldn't afford the whole thing, but we could put down more than half right and pay the rest off. They didn't work with us because we would have been in Detroit, right, Yeah, very good place. Yes, I was about to go to Atlanta. There was a black OneD church school in Atlanta. It wasn't quite what I wanted, but Atlanta is a big doctor umar city, so I was gonna work with it. But then my mother fell ill, so I couldn't make that relocation. Otherwise I would be in Atlanta now, but I think it was all by divine design, because the Delaware building significantly better in terms of amenities than any of the other ones.
Speaker 2: Now, when you when you meet that racism real estate racism, are there laws to govern that.
Speaker 1: Yes, you're supposed to report it. You're supposed to report it to the Feds. The Feds do the investigation. If the Feds find that there was wrongdoing on a part of the realtor, they will give you a certificate that allows you to now go to a regular attorney and soothe them for that discrimination. But because I've been so busy between mom and school and everything else, I hadn't had time to follow up on that. But I should have. I just been so busy. But that's the way that that goes. Yeah, you have to port it to the Feds. They will look at it to see if it meets the definition, and if it does, they now give you the authority go get a lawyer and pursue them. Okay, okay, let me ask you.
Speaker 2: Have you when you first started out, I heard you mentioned some curriculum. I'm gonna get you the.
Speaker 1: Six four curriculums of FDMG. I don't mention math, required. I don't mention language required, I don't mention science required, and I don't mention social studies to civics required. So on top of the required there is agricultural and agronomical science, where we want to teach them the science of how to live off the soil, grow your own food. So right now we're actually scouting property to buy about one to two acres of land that will be used for the FDMG farm. Right, so we got the agriculture, agronomical. Then we also got to diet and nutritional, so we want to teach them how to eat the livet so we will have home economics. They will be taught how to make food, understanding the mineral and nutritional properties of what you eat and how it impacts the body. So we basically want to take the doc the save the science and put it into the minds of our children so that every boy that graduates from the school will be a walking, talking, nutritional doctor in his own right. Then we got the political and military science, which I'm going to teach the bulk of that because that is making sure they understand the way the world operates. Why was Barack Obama made president? They need to know that. Why is Africa the most literally rich continent in the world, but the people are in the worst condition. They need to know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wanted to ask you myself.
Speaker 1: I don't even know that, bro Okay. When the white man colonized Africa, first they were slavery. When slavery ended, colonization basically took off, right. So first, we're gonna steal your people. Once we've done making them work for free, We're gonna come into Africa and make y'all work for free and rob you. Now, there was a revolution to push the white man out. Kwame and Krumer of Ghana led the way, with Ghana in nineteen fifty seven, becoming the first African country to gain independence. Post Colonialism and post colonialism is basically a a a a non emotional word, okay, to describe a very inhuman thing, such as the rape, exploitation, in the humanization of people in their indigenous habitat. See, the white man puts words on things to kill the emotion behind it. Somebody say slavery, Well, slavery, that don't sound too bad. Colonialism though, but when you see what they did, that's what makes the difference. So they pushed the white Man out, but on the way out the door, the white Man started sabotaging all the infrastructure that he built in Africa. So guess what he was doing, blowing up his own buildings, poison in the water, leave nothing. I'm gonna leave nothing since y'all kicking me out. I'm gonna leave everything that I built because I didn't build it for y'all. Built it for me to exploit y'all. So then the Africans said, wait, we need these buildings, we need the railroad, we need that. We need this shit with your door. White man said, well, if you need it, you got to pay me. Hroa, y'all been robbing that's for a century. You done stole diamonds, gold coat, tan, oil, animals, plants. What I got to pay if you don't want me to destroy the city, Further, sign the contract that you're gonna pay me for all this infrastructure. That's how Africa got put into debt. When people say, if the white Man robbed us blind, why do we owe them? All? African nations are in debt to European nations right now. This very much. Everyone. Everyone, you say, how can that be? When they rob us of people, and they rob us of how can we owe y'all? Because on the way out the door they were just shave pay me, I'm gonna destroy you, destroy your whole infrastructure. Reluctantly, we had no option, so we signed God. And then the White Man said, on top of paying me for this infrastructure, if you need any money to build up your new independent country, you need schools, you need hospitals, you need jobs, you need factory, you need medicine, pay pens, pencils, whatever you need. I'm gonna loan you the money. But here's three things you're gonna do. Number one, I'm gonna charge you one thousand percent interests. If you ever want to know why the more money Africa get, the worse off Africa is, it's because the interest on the loan, you can't pay it back in a million years. It's too deep. It's too deep to payback. So basically, you're not purchasing a loan, you're purchasing slavery. Every time an African nation accepts a loan from abroad, they are in essence giving up a part of their freedom.
Speaker 2: What are they getting loans for for infrastructure?
Speaker 1: Oh, to just exact because remember that when you took over the country, you had no bank, you had no reserve, you had no credit line. You feel me, It's like I just came into this office right now and kicked you out because you stolen from me. You start blowing up all the speakers and I he said, all you want me to leave it, you're gonna pay me for it? Then you leave. I still got what you left, but you did some damage to it. I gotta repair that. And I got the build on the tip because remember when you was running my country, you only did what you needed to do to exploit the resources. You didn't give us no schools, You ain't give us no how you can give it. Hell, you would kill us if we didn't follow. So I need money. Who I ain't got no line of credit because this is the first day of the new country.
Speaker 2: To the same individuals.
Speaker 1: That destroyed you, robed you, raped you, and slaved you, colonized you, and take out a loan. So you know what they gonna do. They gonna set the terms and set your way that every time you come back from more money. Are you doing is giving me more control over your decision making power. So the first thing they do is they gonna charge you one thousand percent interest. This is why with every loan, Africa gets in worse condition. With every loan, Africa gets in worse. Second thing they gonna do, they got something called structural adjustment programs. You know what that means. That means we're gonna dictate how you're gonna run your economy. And the first thing we're gonna dictate is you must not prohibit any European businesses from coming into your country to operate their businesses and sell to your people. Why is that a problem because it means I cannot protect any homegrown national industries. Let me give you an example. You and Ghana, right, and Ghana. Let's say you got palm oil, Sene God, you got salt a Zambia. You got tea Nigeria, you got coffee. Right, So you might say, I got my own coffee. I don't need Maxwell House. I got my own tea. I don't need lifting. I got my own salt, I don't need Morton's. I got my own chicken. I don't need Purdue. White Man said, U uh, the terms of this Loanan, you must have a free market economy. Will you hit the world free market economy.
Speaker 2: You know what that means me, whoever had the most money wins exactly.
Speaker 1: So guess what, I can't compete with Morton salt. They can grow it quicker, they can refine it, they can sell it. Check you follow up. So now you got a national company owned by the government competing in their own country with a foreign company selling the same thing with government with government back. And so when you go to Africa, you say, why are Africans in Senegal buying Morton salt from America when Senegal is known for its salt, Because when Morton comes to Senegal, they can sell the native salt industry lower price, quicker, more, and they put you out of business. That's why you got African country that grow tea, important tea from Europe. You got your own chicken, you important chicken from America. With all these chickens you got why because you can't compete with them. They sabotage your economy. Now you dependent on them. It's that now you dependent. And then the third thing they do, so you got your structural adjustment, which basically sabotage your economy. Thousand percent interests, sabotage your freedom. And then they got this new thing that came in under Obama. It was already there, but Obama made it stronger, and that is population controlled planning. Oh yes, brother, Oh yes, you know what this means. You want this money, You're gonna do three things. Number one, birth control, abortion, and hysterectomy must be made freely available to the women. Oh yes, you're gonna push birth control. Yes, yes, you're gonna push contraceptives. Yes, yes, you're gonna push hysterectomy. In fact, you're gonna pay black women to get their insides taken. Oh. Yes. When I was in South Africa, I never forget it. Two thousand and five, my first time. They have been there many times since. On the way to the airport, there was a big billboard. It said hysterectomies five hundred US dollars. We will pay you. Did you hear that? You don't have to pay us. We're gonna give you five hundred US dollars to get your reproductive system taken out. And guess what, because of the economy that has been created in Africa by the white man, a lot of our sisters go for it because economically it's so stressful to live African poverty is nothing like Black American poverty. Go to the worst hood in America, the horse Hood. It can't compete with a ghetto in Johannesburg, a ghetto in Ghana, a ghetto in serial ly On, brother, It don't even begin to compete with it. You see, you're talking about poverty on a whole new level. So you got a young black girl struggling, already got two kids. White man saying, I give you five hundred dollars if you let me take out your reproductives. But we ain't gonna tell you. When you take out your reproductive you're probably gonna put some cancer or some AIDS in you see. So, and then the LBGT. That's why that's being pushed in Africa too under Obama. Brother, it was Barack Obama who went to the president of Uganda, in Liberia and I think Tanzania, and I was in Liberia around that time that that crisis kicked and Obama threatened many African nations. Those are just three that come to mind, because those presidents stood up and said, you don't come here and tell us how to run our culture. We've been around two This is the president of you gotta. I'm paraphras He said, We've been around two million years. Who are you to come to my country and tell me that I have to make it legal for a man to marry a man. We are African. That is not how we build families. If y'all want to do that in Europe or America, you do that in Europe in America, and Obama said, if you don't make gay marriage legal, we will cut off your aid. Here's the question, why does an American president give a damn as to whether or not an African country legalizes homosexuality, Because through the legalization of homosexuality, you control the black population growth. R Homosexuality is both control. Lesbianism is both control, and it is a more powerful form of birth control than any pill or any contraceptive. This is an extermination. See, we've had four periods in our so join in America, four centuries, four periods. Sixteen nineteen, seventeen nineteen. That was a period of shock. We was trying to understand what what all is going or we never saw white folks before. A lot of us. We just took a ninety day boat ride through Hell, ninety day sleeping in feces, and menstrual blood and shackle the dead bodies. And then you come out from that a land you don't know, white folks you never seen, giving you names you don't relate to, enforcing you to do work without pay. We were in trauma, brother, That first century was trauma. Second century seventeen nineteen to eighteen nineteen. That's when we begin to try to fight for our humanity. Because remember, the European enslavement of the African is the first slavery where the victim was stripped of their humanity. See, people always say, why y'all keep talking about slavery. Everybody been slaves. You ain't the first slaves. In fact, the word slave comes from slav which describes one of the first European groups to be enslaved in Europe. Right, that's true, we're not the first, but we're the the only ones ever, including biblical slavery, to be stripped of your humanity, to be told that you are not a human being. So our second centur we had to fight the proof we were people, and we forget that a lot of black people forget. Before you could fight to be free, you had to fight the proof that you are a person. Worvy of the free. Yes, third century eighteen nineteen to nineteen nineteen, that was a fight for freedom. That's from the birth of Frederick Douglas to the rise of Marcus Goffy. That's your Nat Turner, that's your Harriet Tubman, that's your Shot the Zulu, that's your Haitian Revolution. In fact, that century there, the third one, eighteen nineteen to nineteen nineteen, I would argue, was our greatest century since the fall of the Great Kingdoms of Africa, because in that century you got your Pan Africanism, most of your major slave revolts, your greatest African and African American leaders, from Shahkazu to Frederick. You follow what I'm saying. You see, that was our century right here, that was it. We ain't done nothing before or since in this country that we've done eighteen nineteen or nineteen nineteen, from Douglas to Garvey. Can't touch it. Then you got nineteen nineteen or twenty nineteen. I want to split this in two. I want to go nineteen nineteen to nineteen sixty eight assassination of king, and I want to go the assassination of King to today. Right nineteen nineteen to nineteen sixty eight. We started off with the same organized power we had coming out of the third century. The movements was there, Garvey was there. You know, NAACP wasn't doing much for us, but it got formed. The Black labor unions was coming. We was coming, Doctor King knock, them were coming. And then the white man said in nineteen sixty eight, we got to stop this because it is threatening the status quote in this country of white over black. Oh yeah, in one way, in several ways. Let's go back twenty years nineteen fifty four. Right, civil Rights Bill is sixty four, But they desegregated the schools ten years earlier, fifty four. Why did they desegregate the school This was the beginning. The fifty four was the beginning. The reason they desegregated the schools wasn't for us to sit with the white kids. It wasn't to give us a better education. They were afraid that if they did not kill independent black education, it was a pass white education. Remember that we were inventing things in that one room black schoolhouse. White kids were not thinking about Remember the gas mask. You wasn't sitting next to white folks when you invented that the refrigerated truck. You wasn't sitting next to white folks. When you invented that the God light. You wasn't sitting next to white folks when you invented that. When Charles Drew separated blood plasma, he wasn't sitting next to white folks when he was a child in school thinking about doing that. Walkie talkies and baby carriages and ironing boards and golf teaser. White men said, look at what these Nigro kids are creating. If we don't kill they will intellectually dominate this country. Period. That's why they desegregated the schools to crush the intellectual potential of black.
Speaker 2: Or at least be able to steal from us.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, and still, if I could.
Speaker 2: Sit next to you, you know I can do a little exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Fifty four, sixty four, seventy four, fifty four, they integrated the schools to kill black intelligence. Sixty four they gave you the Civil Rights Bill once again, Why did they do the Civil Rights Bill? The Civil Rights Bill was not passed so you can live with white folks and date white folks and go to their hotels. You know why I was passed so that they could benefit from the black dollar. Remember, until desegregation, you had Black Wall Street, you had TUSA, you had Rosewood, you had Charston, you had Wilmington, North Carolina. You had all these pockets of black economic power. White man said, that is a threat. That is a threat. That is a threat. So we're going to desegregate and make it look like this is for social justice. We want to keep a closed sound. We're gonna make it look like it's for social justice, but we are really integrating for economic domination of black capital. Look where we've been since desegregation. You can't show me a black community in America. Mind you, we are two trillion dollar people. We're the richest group of Africans in the world, where the tenth richest economic nation on the planet. And you can't show me a community in America where black people own a school to educate life, a hospital to protect life, a supermarket to feed life, or a bank to invest in life. This is why they desegregated. And then sixty eight they assassinated doctor King, the last visionary, sincere leader of a mass comprehensive movement for black folks for change. When they kill King, they said, we got to make sure we never get another one ever again. Now, at the time that King was murdered, he was considered the most dangerous black man in America. Now after the murdered King, Jaego who would declared the panthers a few years later as the number one threat to American national security. But King was considered and I agree he was at sixty eight after the death of Malcolm, after he visited the grave of Marcus Garvey and Jamaica, he came back preaching just like Garvey. If you listen to any of doctor King's speeches. After he went to visit the grave of the Honorable Marcus Garvey, those garvey Ice, those Jamaicans got into him and he came back preaching Govey And that's what they said. He got to go because the man that we killed, Malcolm fall became Malcolm. And you know, Malcolm was a son of Garvey Ice. His mother and father, Earl and Louise Little, used to run the u NIA Chapter I believe in Lansing, Michigan for the Honorable Marcus Garvey. His mother used to write for the Negro World Garvey paper, so that yes, yes, Malcolm was a Gavy Heike. Elijah Poole was a Garvey Heke. They all come from Garby. So they said, we gotta make sure we don't get another doctor King. They said, how did doctor King manage to pull this off without us financing? They said, independent black businesses finance the civil rights movement. White man said yeah. They said yes, So, so guess what we're gonna do. We're gonna go into the ghetto and we're gonna crush the independent black businesses. How you gonna do that? Two things. Number One, We're gonna go into their high schools. We're gonna go into Chattanooga. We're gonna go to Memphis. We're gonna go to Nashville. We're gonna go to Knoxville. And guess what we're gonna do. We will go to every black high school and take out all the building trades. We're gonna make sure they cannot be taught how to use their hands to feed their family ever again. They took out auto shop, they took out the electric program, they took out plumbing, they took out well being, they took out HVAC. This is what they did, This is what they did. This is the beginning. Of the war between the black woman and the black man. They made the black man ekenomically irrelevant to the black woman's life. They said, this is how we're gonna kill black power. We're gonna set the family against each other. If we can set the black women against the black man, he won't have time to fight us because he got to fight his own women. So they went into the high schools and took out all the building trades. Think about it, before nineteen eighty, the black community was never about going to college to take care of our family because we wasn't allowed in the colleges, right, So they would change this. So why they taking away our economics by making sure our boys ain't learning the skills that pay the bills. Making sure our boys no longer learn the skills that pay the bills. They started this college education propaganda. Go to college, America is integrated. Now you could go to Harvard and Stanford and Yale, and we sent our kids on hundred thousand dollars loans, go go, failing to realize that even though they got that degree, who gonna give him a job? It was a trap. It was a trap. So then nineteen seventy they economically decimated us, and then they took all the factories out the black community. You go to most northern and Midwestern cities Detroit, Chicago, Philadelphia, Baltimore. You see old factories. That's where we used to work, good jobs, made more than than we make now with college degrees. They got rid of all of them. That was the nineteen seventies, but they wasn't done. Nineteen eighties, CIA drop off the crack cocaine boom. So now the black man can no longer earn with his hands. He got to make a decision with this crack. This is a booming business. You can smoke it to deal with the pain of not being able to provide for your family, or you can try to sell it and provide for your family. Either way and you're going to jail, which takes us to nineteen ninety Bill Clinton Crime Bill, nineteen ninety four boom. Look at this. Every decade since they killed King, they didn't hit us. So the seventies, economic castration, eighties, the crack, nineteen ninety Bill Clinton Crime Bill under a Democratic president that black people considered to be one of it. Yeah, our bore. You got Bill Clinton locked up more black men than any Republican president since reconstruction, mandatory three strikes in you out, mandatory federal minimum wages for nonviolent drug related offenses, kicked millions of Black women off welfare and the welfare of the work program. And then he did something else under the table we wasn't even watching. He criminalized child support. That was Clinton. Clinton did that. That happened under Bill Clinton. Before Bill Clinton. You didn't go to jail if you didn't have a job to pay your child support. Right. He snuck that in. And the reason he was able to snuck it in is because I don't think they put the language directly in the crime bill. So the black community didn't fight it because they didn't know that that was part of the whole mix. He criminalized child support, so any black man with a child technically technically is on parole. Any damn way that ten more years we come to the year two thousand election of George W. Bush for president. He comes in with the FBI Faith Based Initiative, where he finds a loophole in federal law that allows him the fund Black church. If you want to know why, you ain't seen the Black church involved in any major struggle affecting black folks. Have you noticed that you don't see the Black church dealing with police genocide. You don't see the Black church dealing with miseducation. You don't see the Black church deal with unemployment. You don't see the Black church deal with mass incarceration. Can you name one thing that the Black Church is at the far front of changing for black folks? You can't why? Because of hy two K, the new millennium came with a new takeover of the Black Church. The federal government now owns the Black Church FBI Faith Based Initiative. Your pastor is the new snitch.
Speaker 2: Om. Now that's d Now that's two What year was this.
Speaker 1: Two thousand, which is also the same year that the federal government decided that they were going to take back all major cities from blacks and gentrifying back in the hands of whites. Yep, that was why two K. You're seeing it now, but it was decided twenty years That was why two K. They unemployed us, they drug addicted us, they mastering, incarcerated us, They neutralized the Black Church, and they took back the ghettos.
Speaker 2: Now, what the what the college proper gant do?
Speaker 1: Oh man, two million unemployed African Americans were masters and doctorate degrees. That's what you got in America. I didn't say bachelor's, I didn't say associates. I say masters. And this is the top of the top. Brother. I occasionally get resumes from lawyer's brother. Lawyer, law degree, licensed attorney. I can't try to ask you to put them the word trying to put in the word man, this is we got to go back to the skills.
Speaker 2: So tell me with the school are you for your school? Are you teaching the kids to leave school without needing college. There's no college for.
Speaker 1: FDMG No, no, no, because you still have to have your black professional class. In other words, there's certain professions you cannot practice without college degrees right because of the structure, because they require licenses and certifications that you can only get if you have the credential. Right, medical doctor you got to go to college. Lawyer you gotta go to coge educated Engineers, psychologists, pharmacists, you got to go to college. So for those children who want to be something that requires college, we senting them. But for the ones who ain't interested in that, why do they have to do that? The issue is options. Know that you can build your economic empire and legacy for your children's children's children. You can do it without a college degree. Don't let nobody intimidate you and make you fearful of not going to college in order to be successful. Because the top one percent richest people in the world never set foot in the university. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and a lot of people, I know this rich.
Speaker 1: Never set foot in the union.
Speaker 2: Now that's that dude, that's loaded. Like, that's a lot of shit. That's a lot of information. That's great information. Let me ask you this now with that being said, because because a lot of stuff, like I said, this stuff has to get out to the masses. We need this information. Back then, I think twenty fourteen, twenty fifteen, twenty sixteen, there was almost like a push for our youth, in my opinion, again from the outside, from being boots on the ground and not wrapped up in that industry stuff. I see doctor Uman on breakfast Club. I see Farah Khan on breakfast club. I see brother Polite on breakfast Club. I see uh you know, Uman Vlad, I see Uman one O six this and then I don't know if it was the LGBT stuff or something happened, and then it was boof Wulma's no longer on Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: He's not the gift was the curse. On the one hand, the hip hop community knew that the youth were beginning to become woke, so they said, if we want to.
Speaker 2: Stay relevant, we're.
Speaker 1: Gonna have to somehow cater to this new woke movement because it might overtake hip hop. So if hip hop does not get on top of the wokeless, the walkless might top on hip hop. Right. That's what brought us into that because for the first time you had the people listen to the gangster rap. But then they'll turn on some doctor Umar, some John Henry Clark, right. So then the shot callers said, look at this. Okay, we got to get out in front of this because we don't need this backfiring on us. So that's when they rode out the red carpet to the conscious movement. First they let everybody else come. Of course, I'm going to be one of the last ones because my message is too strong for main streight. So I was at a Columbia, South Carolina, only been there once. Brother walked up to my young Brody said you need to be on the Breakfast Club. I said, brother, I'm never getting on. He said, listen, take this card. This is Charlemagne's. It was either Charlemagne's card to Charlemagne's agent. He said, call him. I said, I give it a shot. I said, bro, trust me, I'm too strong for this platform. Sure enough, I hit him, and the brother said we were wanting to do this, So we did the first Breakfast Club right. I didn't think nothing of it. Good interview, Charlemagne was cool, Envy was, school went well, good. Brothers Angie left that thing. Brother, That thing went viral. That was twenty fourteen. I said, oh, you know what I mean. Charlamagne was like, yeah, we got to do it again. I said, let's do it. Came back fifteen, viral again. I said two cause it's.
Speaker 2: The hip hop mixed.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's what this is. The last one. The crazy thing about the last one was almost canceled. That's when I got on a bright orange dat shiki. I was running late. I called the queen who set up. I said, cancel this. I'm on some strip in New York for traffic backed up. Envy and Charlotte Maine said tell them to come on the way. We gotta do it. Whatever we can get in, we're gonna get That was the shortest of the three because I was late, might have been thirty eight minutes. That one went more viral than the previous two. And if I don't got the stats on this, but I believe it is the most watched political interview in Breakfast Club history, and it's one of the most watched interviews period in Breakfast Club history. I would argue that that interview may have been watched more than any raper interview they did that year. You can't go off the Breakfast Cup totals because people snatching and repost it, so you got to add it from you follow They ranked at number nine. They ranked it as the ninth most powerful interview of that year. But in terms of peer reviews, I think it got more than Jay and everybody of that year that I'll never forget it. After the second interview. After the second when I went to T Mobile because it was time to go to Africa and I want a T Mobile phone because they got a better international the brother, you know, y'all give me your name, get the new phone. I got my hat. He set up Omar Johnson. He said, Yo, what sure to do? I said, you said, you're the one on the breklet. He said, bruh, that interview is everywhere you look. I laughed. He said, bruh, I'm not playing with you.
Speaker 2: I ain't understand.
Speaker 1: Go on anybody's Facebook, anybody's Instagram right now, and your interview is the thing right now, right. And then that's when I had to step back and say, okay, they were gonna start watching me now because they gonna say, who is this psychologist on more than the people were put out front. I was supposed to be back on Breakfast Club November. Shout out to Charlotmagne. He looked out for me, but I hit the high road, the highway late, and then he had to make a change and asked me if I could come in a little early. It didn't work. So I'm just waiting for that for that next right. But here's what I want to say. It's your boy Lorna from itself that podcast. Thank you for watching the video you just watched.
Speaker 2: To make sure you subscribe by hitting the button you see on the screen, or go to the next video by hitting this right here you see on the screen biggest up that parts