Speaker 1: The Black Fat Fem Podcast is a production of iHeartRadio and Doctor John Paul LLC. Hey everyone, welcome to another episode of the Blackfast and Podcast where all the intersections of identity are celebrated. My name is John, also known as Doctor John Paul, and will my sugar might be going up and down like the stock market. The one thing that is steady around here is mother is here for an app. How are you today, Joe? How are think?
Speaker 2: First of all, girl, I am in fluorescent lighting right now. This is criminal, This is nasty.
Speaker 3: It's not giving. Girl, I think I look so nasty?
Speaker 1: Was the overhead light? We being uncunt?
Speaker 2: It's giving very uncundy Like I have the Kisminius talent. But the lights are not are not my friend today? No, poor lighty is giving a right my girl?
Speaker 1: Backup boss in the.
Speaker 2: Twenty five like, what is happening? But Anyoney's family is your girls joining a cage shot. I'm here to tell you all that I am done with everything. The reason I'm just done with it all because I can be because Peach I was tired. Oh my god, I am so tired. Like I woke up today and I said, why why am I why am I awake.
Speaker 3: I want to be invested like the world. The world's come too far, like Pope.
Speaker 1: Listen, the Pope is the Pope left.
Speaker 2: The Pope is not in the streets like that, because I will get, for sure, knock on my door by super service.
Speaker 3: But so Chris Bakes, you blew that part. But you know people are here killing people in the streets, okay, because I'm not dragging my ass.
Speaker 1: God, because the Pope said, who what what somebody else?
Speaker 2: There's there's, there's there's. It was like a beam of like I want to say, it was like your housewives are the house are likely bad Backgrols club. But like the girl straight hand some sugarhand.
Speaker 3: And then she walked away and she was like sugarhand.
Speaker 2: Her spirit bit me she had and I said, that's what's appropriates said, and I was taken out.
Speaker 3: But also.
Speaker 1: But but you know what, you know what though even though the Pope is up out of here, we are we are not alone by ourselves today. So what I will say is this today we are joined in our third seat by a doll that both you and your mama loves. She is a writer, composer, director, and activists whose work has gone her acclaim from both Billboard and Outfast Girl. Now let's clock it, clock that tea. Not everybody gets on Billboard's radar. I just want to make sure that everybody named Mama know that. So today we are joined by the one and only Star Amrazi. Did I say that right?
Speaker 4: You said you were close enough? Diva, it's star.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm a ross Sue. Okay, I know that's right. Well, I tried, but thank you so much to be in here.
Speaker 4: How is you slated?
Speaker 5: I'm doing good, girl, I feel very much the same kind of like day by daying at this very moment in time.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, girl, as we all are right there.
Speaker 1: With both of you both.
Speaker 5: I had to go outside, said I wanted a hike. I said, let me go ahead and talk to the spirits in the forest.
Speaker 2: And then come come come on Shinto about us, which we will get into later, because all about I know all about Amatu.
Speaker 4: Okay, girl, we'll get into her later.
Speaker 3: Episode.
Speaker 2: We're gonna give our girls some flowers with Sisha Campbell and are still here sing. I'm kicking off asking asking you something that Star rebels in Daily want to ask the question for all of us here. What doesn't mean to serve ce un t cunt baby. I know, for me, it's just a whole presence. It's like it's a way of life, a way of being. It's one of those things you you gotta talk about if you are about you know what I mean. Like, it's just you know, you know you ain't gonna go traffic. Could you stay in your lane? Did you feel your best? Everything that you do and you look your best because you're feeling your best? You know, Like it's just like like like if you have to try and explain it, you don't have it, you know what I'm saying, Like, not has it?
Speaker 3: So that's what means to me. I'm curious what means to y'all though, Yeah, you first and whist sean.
Speaker 5: Okay, Serving cut is what we're talking about. I feel like cut is a state of mind, and like your version of cut is your version of cunt. I think having that confidence to serve whatever you're serving. If it's I'm the garbage man, then that's your that's what you serve, and you see you better serve it well if you're serving. I'm the assistant manager to the regional manager at a paper company, then that's what you're serving as well. And you know, for me personally, I just think that I am one of the most iconic dolls. Yes, I know, that's right of the modern edge, and so that gives me a joint of pleasure to serve cunt really.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, yes, wow, what a moment.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: I never understood what serving cunt was until I started realizing that a lot of the ways I felt about myself were rooted in anti blackness, fat phobia, and queer phobia and so like, once I was able to get out of that mindset, I was like, oh, I'm that bitch, Like I really am that girl. And it just when I started to like really embrace my softness and my feminists, when I was getting my nails done, when I got a good, good bag to carry, it just all started feeling like, oh, I'm that bit, like and you can't take it. You you know you can't. So yes, So I agree that kunt is a state of mind. And I see people look at me and try to compute my energy and it's like eat it, dull, chump, chom chom chomp, chomp, chom chump, Like you can't the afterglow of my Louis Vauton perfuses. You can't take it right like you'll care, they'll me and you'll never be us on a good day, like all three of us. You'll never be us. And that is the that's the that is the moment, that is what kind is.
Speaker 3: They're not even on your best day? Will you be us? Okay?
Speaker 1: And you're still going to be at the bottom, like literally you'll.
Speaker 4: Not saying.
Speaker 7: Yes.
Speaker 2: I always think of that song Gucci Gucci, that like this old ass song by Kreas this girl but when she but when when she said, why are you looking better? I'd be looking better. I'm just like, girl, that's exactly all the time.
Speaker 4: You're looking big and I'm looking.
Speaker 1: Better, bitch, okay, why are you looking better and better?
Speaker 5: I was thinking about this because recently, too, I like went viral and then I get a lot of weird comments from the fans, and I'd be like, oh my god, this is so crazy because and and they're kind of me and like they want me to be constantly producing. They want like all this stuff, and I'm like, girl, you all need to calm down because.
Speaker 4: I could take it or leave. I don't have to do this.
Speaker 5: I'm beautiful. I've had sugar daddies have had like man like. I don't have to like do any of this. I will leave this all behind and move on to a different world like the girl. I also could get a job. I'm just like a lot of these people do not. They can't go from my idea, the conception of the projects. And that's that's the skill in itself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 6: Weak.
Speaker 3: Okay, sorry, we know that. What I'm screaming. You said, the only concession you got is when you were born girl, that's it.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Another and that we have gathered the girls but serving but serving charisma.
Speaker 3: You needless nerve and talent they give them. Maru, we have to get a quick break to play some mills. Be back with a que Conbo will start more, and.
Speaker 1: Justin said, all right, y'all. So as we dive into today's conversation, I wanted to understand one thing I had when I was doing my Instagram stalking, which I always do before a guest comes on. There's something that you talk a lot about in your work, which is the fantasy, right and talking about the future and talking about all of those things right, how they connect. And so you've mentioned that you strive to live the fantasy in a world that's actively working against you, which I absolutely love and adore, and so that term the fantasy and all of all of these words, right, these all the things serving, all of these things have been things that we as the queer community and trans community have used to kind of express ourselves and to talk about who we are. And so sometimes, you know, I do know one thing that I've been thinking a lot about is how the fantasy can be lethal for our trans siblings. And so I wanted to ask you in this moment, you know, what does it mean for you to eg xist and thrive in the fantasy? In this current moment, I think, like it's so interesting because I do feel like I live in my own world sometimes, and I live in a place like I'm in California, I'm in LA where like I don't feel othered, super othered walking around as a transperson.
Speaker 4: I don't really feel that way.
Speaker 5: And I also have privileges having being like more surspassing like I have privileges so I don't necessarily on my day to day deal with sort of like actor transphobia I think what I did with more than anything is anti blackness and like misoge noire, and I think the fantasy for myself is really I just sort of built in my mind this idea that like, I am sickening, and sometimes when people are hateful, it is because I am just so sickening that they cannot simply take as we said earlier. And I think that is something that really does help me sleep at night though, because it's like I could be upset about something happening. For example, even today, I was like this, I've recorded a song with somebody and I gave them all these ideas and I was like, you should use the sample of like Tyra yelling at be quiet Tiffany, like that that would eat in a track. Why when I asked the boy for the track, I didn't get the track, but I look on Instagram and the.
Speaker 4: Song is made.
Speaker 5: Yea, my vocals are gone and the Tyra is in this. The thing that I told him to do is in the thing. And I was thinking to myself, like, girl, I'm just so sick. My ideas are just so good. My it really is really just like, oh, my ideas are just so good, Like I should really just like use them for myself anyway.
Speaker 2: So no, but is that shally a great segue into into my question because it's like it's about your about you being a music artist. So I love I love like I'm just so sicking that people will take my ideas like I love that. I love the mindset because like like it's like you like like you could say mad bi or be like, I'm just so sick that people just love people that love just taking my shit. Like so I am thinking about how you take up space in the electron pop lane as well, because I know that you're a music artist. You have done done electron pop, you electron and pop, you work with folks still music, especially as black artists, when people don't always associate.
Speaker 3: Like like this lane with blackness. I want to know how do you thrive in this space?
Speaker 2: And also like how like how how do you navigate being a black artist when people do take your shit like this.
Speaker 5: I think it's just it's so funny if you think about it, because it's like a lot of white boys and I'm like a white boy can never a straight white boy especially it's not going to think about like the fat things that our community creates. And that's why, if you like, think about internet language right now, everybody talks like they're adult from nineteen ninety yep.
Speaker 4: Like what like everybody talks.
Speaker 5: Like adult Like I'm like, oh you you're all literally regurgitating everything that you heard that has made it into your ears. And I think it's just it is a symptom of the times, like people are so desperate for something that makes them feel different. And I think we live in a world and this is a lot I have a larger thought about this, but I feel like post Black Lives Matter, we are living in like a reactionary phase to that because people realize that like most of their culture and most of the things that they love all came from black people specifically, and now they felt othered, and so they're just going to take our culture without having us yep. And in the conversation. And I think that is why, because they don't want to feel bad. They don't want to feel bad about themselves. They want to feel like, oh my God, like oh I'm wrong or something. And that's why we have all of these white people who are all sorts of identities. Now I'm playing identity politics with each other and policing each other in order to absconde themselves from any feeling of being the bad guy. And so when it comes to my music and my ideas, it's like, oh, like, I don't really like the music industry. I'm actually really happy that I'm working in other art forms because I know that film people. Film people always are like, oh, film is like the most toxic industry. I'm like, actually, music, I think is one of the most toxic industries.
Speaker 1: Agree. I agree, reareheartedly yeah, and we can we can talk for days. I mean, we've had folks on the show talk about why they've intentionally stayed independent and why they've you know, refused to sign contracts and YadA, YadA, YadA, and so I appreciate you uplifting that. And I can only imagine what it's like to be, you know, to be I don't want to say this for it to come across as it being like dismissive, but I can imagine what it's like for you to be. So I love the energy you give. I don't want to say that you're full of yourself because you're not. I want to say that you love you more than other people could ever fathom and I love that. I love when people are like, I'm that girl and you just have to deal with it. And I think the industry and I think society wants to break that down. And I think that that's one of the reasons why I'm so happy that you're on the show show because that's something I feel like we tell all of our listeners that we want folks to really listen to the show and to get that message as well, like you have the right to love yourself unapologetically. You have the right to have the audacity, and so I love that you're pouring into yourself. Yeah, so I'm going to ask this question. I know, Joho, I'll be transparent and saying this is not a me question, Joho put this question here, so I'm a rock with it. I know your last name was inspired by the Shinto goddess. I don't want to pretend like I know what I'm talking about what I really don't. So you're gonna educate me in this smoke inspired by the Shinto goddess. And I'm curious what the process of choosing that name was like, and like when folks transition and choose their name, like what is the process like, given how different the process may look for you or for other people specifically in this administration, what advice would you give to folks who are in the process of trying to figure out who they are and what their name might be and how they want to kind of show up in the world.
Speaker 4: That's so funny. I love that question. Thank you.
Speaker 5: Thank you both for the combo effects of this question. When I was a teenager, like sixteen seventeen, I started going by star and I always liked star Shine, Like for some reason that stood out to me. I think, there's a musical hair and they say star Shine. You know, they think about star Shine that it says hello, And so I wanted to be star Shine. When I was nineteen, I had left Austin, Texas, where I was, and I moved to San Francisco and there was this queer youth center called Lyric and they had like a lawyer who would go with you to the courthouse to follow your name change paperwork. So I was like star Shine kind of at the time, and I was trying to find words that meant shining or to shine or something like that. Like I was like, I want a new I want something that means shining. So when I was on a baby naming website, I seen Amatarassu, like it was like lots of goddesses names and Matarassu was there and I was like, oh, that's beautiful, like, oh, it's shining one in heaven. I think it is what it translates too similar to that. I was like, yes, I'm star shining one in heaven and so okay, I like thought about the name. Then a couple of weeks later, I missed my first appointment to go to the courthouse. It's okay.
Speaker 4: The lawyer got back with me. He rocked with me. He was like, I know the dolls.
Speaker 5: I know the dolls are on all time. So the second appointment, I go, I know this is a long story. I'm sorry, but it's not at all. Tell the story, baby, I love it. The second appointment, I go, right, so I'm there. I'm like, I'm Morassu. I fill out the paperwork. We filed the court work paperwork.
Speaker 4: I go to court.
Speaker 5: Then a few weeks later and the judge is like, okay, I'm Arassu. My name is side. They notarize the paper. Why I googled my last name A Morassu and nothing shut up. I was like, no, I'm Marasu and it's and then I look and I'm like, Ahma Terasu, and I was like, oh my god, like I totally spelled it wrong. And then I was like, that's fab actually, because now I have my own name. Yeah, I have the name that a nineteen year old went and filed paperwork for not realizing that and not double checking that she spelled it right. And I honestly I feel like it's so iconic because I know it really is like real baby Japanese culture anyway, So I'm like, girl, I'm not Japanese. I'm literally just Amarasu and it's a completely made up name.
Speaker 4: So there we go.
Speaker 1: There. I love it. I love it. That was so cute.
Speaker 3: You so much?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so because I first because like so it's like I'm also I'm like hugely into gIBIS culture. Manga anime were all watch my growing up, and so I wish I thought it was inspired by Nut, which is like which is an anime where they're they're like one of one of the special moods is is Ama Terasu. And it's like like it's it's a star shaped like uh like ninja art. It's a lot of low Than'm not gonna get into. But I first I was inspired by that, and so hearing this is sending me because it's just so not what I was expecting you to say at all. And then when you when you said that you signed it, I'm around su. My first off was like did she just did she?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: That is iconic.
Speaker 2: That is like a behavior like like everything everything you're saying doing, I'm like, okay, like this, like this is what it means, like like the joy of living in.
Speaker 3: Your world, like the joy living in your own world. It's so powerful.
Speaker 2: Also, like it's like such a direct response of like this is what menverstation looks like like when you truly trust and believe in yourself fully and you can do anything and you're fucking doing it.
Speaker 3: And I just I live. I live so much.
Speaker 2: You know, your content is so fun and imaginative and different, and I want to and like different different sense of like you do so many things that you are multifascitude, So I want to know, like what inspires you for like for it when in Surpas you make content, when you make music, what inspise you to like just show by your full self, what moves you into.
Speaker 3: These different lanes, you know, being so multi hibernated and all that you do.
Speaker 5: And our well, often I just kind of go with my gut. I think we've sort of danced around that in this conversation. But like my intuition really is like what I'm followed, I lead, I lead myself by it, and I follow it, you know what I mean. It's like I'm just going through I forgot one part to answer back to something from the previous. Thing is for the other folks listening who are trying to go through their processes too, it's like, just stick to you how you feel. And I think that it touches into the whole thing of like just go with how you feel. Like some days I'm like, oh, I really love DJing like this. I had a show last weekend, and every time I do like a good show, it always reminds me like, actually, I really love.
Speaker 4: Music so much like I love other people's music.
Speaker 5: I love playing music, I love dancing, and like going with what I feel joy in has never led me the wrong way. It's always led me to a great situations and meeting great people. And I think with the like Instagram stuff. To me, it is part of a job in order to get what I want, which is to have my own show and to be creating like films and be an actress. Really and I think in our modern day you kind of have to do all of these things and you have to be your own promo in order to really be seen. Like there are casting doctors that are looking at it like people's instagrams and they're following and shit before they cast them. And so for me, it came out of like being frustrated, Like making that first video I made that went viral, I was like frustrated because I was like, no, I'm not getting sent any castings, Like nobody's sending me anything. I'm just gonna make myself like the villain. And I was like, may I'm gonna give myself the villain and the angenou in one video and now I'll see multiple dimensions of me and it kind of like caught on immediately. And if you notice, like a lot of the videos I make currently of the AI in the future, I'm a villain or and I'm also the girl who's like trying to figure out how the world works. And I think being both of those girls. Those of those girls live inside me, and I think, like it's fun to be able to create a character that is crazy and doing stuff that I would never do, and then also be sort of myself. It's like it's a beautiful dichotomy.
Speaker 2: I think, Mmm, I love the answer, the answer, and I love Smancha like hearing you, like hear you say like like like a g way to show your own range and to do it yourself.
Speaker 3: Like that's just really really fantastic to say, like I can do both.
Speaker 2: I know I can do both. I will do both. You can now see how I can do both. You can speak because you know I can do both. I knew all the above.
Speaker 3: I am a one. You are a wooman show like you could do Yeah, that's just.
Speaker 6: A bisexual batty. You wake it up, Yes, yes, yes, yes, we have to wake it up.
Speaker 1: All right. With that being said, now that we have lived our best fantasy in this segment, we have to take a break and when we get back, we are going to jump into our journalistic bag and ask some hard hitting questions.
Speaker 2: Oh no, okay, fam we are black and we are back, and this week we're not jumping pop culture bag this has been a while since we've done it. John, you set this up, say you ask a jolistic questions. So I'm going tells us to you to see.
Speaker 3: What we got in the heart.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm laughing right now because joeho waanha sound like you're in a prison.
Speaker 3: The way I keep my voice down this much.
Speaker 6: I know, I know.
Speaker 1: So for full transparency for our listeners, we have been the last two weeks have been rough for us on this show. Last week when internet was going out, and then this week Joho is not recording at home, so we are.
Speaker 3: Creating also this this new mic. She's sensitive.
Speaker 2: I feel like like I hear myself like so lovely, and I'm like, girl, I feel like I am a mouse right now.
Speaker 1: Just maybe it's just maybe this week. So this week for our next segment, we're getting into our What's Popping back. It's been a couple of weeks since we've actually done What's Popping And for folks turn for folks who have been following the news the way that I've been following the news, I have been noticing a trend and I'm noticing people turning on popular celebrities. And so first it was j Low and then now I'm seeing everybody turn on Katie Perry. I laughed because did y'all see that Wendy's tweet when we did, when they were like, okay, Perry made it back to Earth, and then when he's was like, y'all should have left Kennedy Perry there just like wait a second, like throne Katy Perry to the wolves. And so I just wanted to quickly just again because I love being a mixed company, and I know that we're all a little bit shady. I wanted to ask y'all, like, why do y'all think that both of them are getting so much heat? And do y'all feel like it's necessary? Like I've been a huge Like I'm not a huge fan of j Lo, So I want to make that very clear. And I do like some of Katy Perry's songs, but I also know that she's real dumb for doing what she did in Space, and so I'm just wanting to know, like is it me or like what what started it? Like what what do y'all think actually started you know, the backlash on j LO and Katy Perry. I just want to talk about it. So I will go to you and then we'll go we'll go to Joho.
Speaker 4: I feel like Jo wants to talk.
Speaker 2: But okay, my first face was like you said pop, you said popular celebrities, and I was like, hold on, can we do the question because I know people love some people Jlo for sure, right, And I couldn't understand why. Now listen, you give us girl rom Com. I'm sad, give her a mic. I don't know how I feel about that. Okay, But Katy Perry like, like Jo, I can say earned it, But Katy Perry like okay, and I rock what I was a kittie cat for the first two years, for the first two albums for sure.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So there's this article right where she says that she regrets she regrets the Spaceship Bride only because she wishes the video from Into the.
Speaker 3: Pab was never shown. And this is so, this is this is this is my thing. Girl.
Speaker 2: You knew from jump this was a pr stunt, right and you decided don't do you don't be bad because you was a clown.
Speaker 3: Like you was a clown and then you have a circus girl. You you knew full what were you doing? Did that Dan Daisy into the damn thing and started flashing through the thing. And then here you live at her flat. You know what's happening.
Speaker 2: You don't be mad that you don't be as bad at your stump backfire bitch like that, Like, do I think I deserved Yes, because miss girl is trying so hard to be relevant, like and she's just like, it's like you're doing all the wrong things. It's like literally, whoever her, whoever her PR team is needs to get they are not giving her the right.
Speaker 3: Things to do.
Speaker 2: And then she she's made me to use some like some critical thinking herself. I'm not saying she's like, I don't think she's dumb, Like I'm not at all. I just don't think she's thinking about what her career is. And like, I think I think she sees herself kindly differently than how other people see her.
Speaker 3: I think like.
Speaker 2: She's living in the fantasy. I don't know if that fantasy pays off for her. Okay, like you, it's like you can live the fantasy in the fantasy like lives lives in you, but face lives in her. It's so like girl, she's just like and like and she she had had song her album the album. The album was a flops, a song that like she at was gonna be like like a woman's empowerment and was like this is song is so bad. And she made that song with someone with Ebus's face, the guy that everyone's like, why are you working with him? Like she's just not making new decisions for her career.
Speaker 3: So girl, you want to know why people are mad you because you do a dumbas shit. So yes, it's deserved.
Speaker 2: But also but also like critique, every critique, every artist, girl like the day at the end of the day, even gaking live.
Speaker 3: Off of her. Why why was she in that thing too? While she in there? By SUNTI in there?
Speaker 2: And why aren't and and this is also sad because she had she had two days of everyone living for her for that damn bout and then she's over her mouth and be like have you been have you been with You haven't been until today, which you mean have you been before?
Speaker 3: Girl?
Speaker 2: You guys go to space? Will be nearly like I just forg just think it goes go to space. So critique all celebrities, they all just all deserve the day.
Speaker 4: I deserve it.
Speaker 5: What about you star anything that you have the thing about it is like I don't know if I feel like the thing is that if they don't realize that it is that they are a meme, that's where they lose their power in it all. Like with Katie for example, I'm like, now, she went there and she did that all on purpose to be funny. I kind of I rock with it, honestly, because I do think that we live in such a farce like society, like yes, like let me just be insane on this plane or shuttle. I guess like for the for the like hilarity of it. But I don't know, like, as you said, I don't know if she thought of it.
Speaker 4: That way, Like I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like if you're in on the joke, girl, then that's great.
Speaker 5: But if you if she isn't on a joke and she's like pulling a stunt right now, then I think it was an effective stunt. And the fact that she is like completely memes like all of you know, like everybody is talking about Katy Perry now, j Loo, I don't know what. I don't know what Jenny from the block dig, well, what does she do wrong? I don't know why people hating on her?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but quickly. But no, I don't like and again I don't want to come across as petty because like the thing is, like I I just I'm noticing a trend of people turning on celebrities, and I guess I'm trying to question of like what do I need to do to make sure that our listeners don't turn on us?
Speaker 4: Right, there's no hope really in the comments, people are just monstrous.
Speaker 2: If if I become that famous without my money, honestly, girl turned on me, that's fine because because what I don't, I'm rich, I'm not.
Speaker 4: As people turn on minor celebrities, major celebrities.
Speaker 2: It's just kind of like, don't do dumb ship Like I'm not gonna be in a spacecraft flopping around my little my little daisy, Like that's just not what me doing.
Speaker 5: And now I might, like I might just but I feel like it would be like in a shake and go wig. It would give kind of performance. I mean, it might give me Katy Perry in the spaceship Gil King's the judge and we're lipsicking.
Speaker 1: For our lives years. It would give I would be up in space. Do you remember Britney Spears is born to make you happy video. That's what I would be given in space. Like I'd be in space with a crop top on and I'd be dancing with a whole bunch of dancers like in a spaceship singing. I was want to be happy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like now this is a genius. Now this is a genius. We should say this to Hollywood.
Speaker 2: Yeah, lip singing for lip singing to combat down to Earth like svivorspace, lip syns for gravity.
Speaker 1: If you can't, if you can't were in the ship for eight months, have them up there. Yeah, if you stay up there. If you don't, yes, but if you live, sing for your life and you actually win, you get to come back to Earth. That's real.
Speaker 4: And I would be kick flipping in that anti gravity is so crazy.
Speaker 3: Everywhere in that damn place.
Speaker 7: Okay, yes, yes, So I don't know if we have time for this question, Joe.
Speaker 1: Do we still have time or no? Do we need to push you know?
Speaker 3: I have I have fifteen minutes, so I think.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm going to ask this question real quick, real spicy, and just we're gonna go there and then we'll we'll run out of here. I want to ask this question real quick, and I know it's spicy, and I know it might get us in trouble, But Star, I want to ask you specifically, are you making any predictions on what celebrities who might get canceled next? And we're looking at you, Gail, I don't know. I feel like and we can bleep their names if you want.
Speaker 4: I don't really know. Honestly, I have no clue.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, Well this is just a This is just a segment to tell that if you are a celebrity and you're listening, girl, watch you know what.
Speaker 3: Like this is where you can do.
Speaker 2: You all can take a page from Beyonce's book. She don't say nothing, and people drag her for it. But the real least she can't say nothing. She won't say nothing, give her more in trouble. She keeps quiet. Mom's the word.
Speaker 5: So like, oh, you know what, someone will get canceled new a Disney Channel celeb like grown up one.
Speaker 4: I'm guessing that's next?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 6: What is.
Speaker 7: It?
Speaker 3: The Christ? Is it spin Carpenter? You mean espressal girl?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, is she a Disney Channel person?
Speaker 1: She is? She is?
Speaker 3: Think ay thinking Raven.
Speaker 4: No, I'm just I'm just throwing it out there.
Speaker 5: Just I just kind of like like my my like I talked to my psychics and you know, my into I just was like someone from Disney.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, honestly, baby, oh you know what, Well, we'll wait n Z.
Speaker 1: I'm sure I am sure.
Speaker 3: Would be like a girl.
Speaker 5: Okay, Oh my god, okay, sorry, then you have to cut it out. Also, my god, crazy the pope died.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I love there were three segments and you're like, oh god, a pulp died.
Speaker 4: Here before.
Speaker 3: Wait, so that was that was the first thing we said early top of the.
Speaker 1: Process.
Speaker 2: She said, ship the pop yes here, Oh my god. Okay, y'all we gotta say he he my Molly we en danger girl. We know you know, MOLLI Ninja girl. We know who won't be in danger.
Speaker 3: Uh sucks you.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Molly, you're in Dianja girl. We are not because we might have business a pair of bills. Okay, bills, we got a few more to pay, but with more russhow in your favorite segment and just went back inside.
Speaker 1: All right. So with that being said, we're gonna go ahead and jump into our last segment, and this is where we ax the dolls we ask everybody what are the things that you are celebrating this week or what are the things you are not? And so with that being said, as we get into our guest ma'm and our no Man Pam segment, I am celebrating this week the idea of black owned bookstores. I had a chance this week to actually go to one in Las Vegas. As you all saw, I was at the Analog Dope store doing a talk with the wonderful Andre who does a whole bunch of lg. Andre Wade is their name. They do a whole bunch of amazing queer work in Nevada, and so I just wanted to make sure that I posit that. But all that to be said, just being in conversation with them, being around black people, being in a black store, it was all a black queer owned store. I want to make sure I make that very very clear and queer that it was an absolute amazing experience. And so yes, if you have a chance, if you're from Vegas, if you're a listener who's from Vegas, go to Analog Dope, buy their books, support them. They've been around for three years and they're doing some really really cool stuff over there ask for my nomad pam so as you all know, I live on a plane. At this point, I want to say nomam to people who literally don't know the cologne or the perfume. Limit three to four sprays in a small area. Please, somebody on my flight and it was cheap. I knew it was cheap because my asthma started acting up. Sprayed all this cologne and then got on a plane and everybody was coughing on the plane for the forty five fifty minutes we were on the plane. Babe, if you are can you not like that? Is just my prayer. Please make sure that you know how many sprays to spray if you are going to spray perfume or colone before you get on a plane. I just want to say that, what are your yes, ma'am's and your nomam pans for this week?
Speaker 4: Love, Yes, ma'am, going on a walk?
Speaker 1: Okay, but go on a walk?
Speaker 4: Uh no, ma'am. It's so funny. Is also being on a plane. It's just being on a plane in general.
Speaker 1: It is no ma'am.
Speaker 5: Though we have to do it, but yes, it's s stressful and I've been having the thing where I was sitting next to this boy, and he was like so serious, and I felt I had a peek.
Speaker 1: Girl.
Speaker 5: You know, it's like when you get on the plane, you got a pig, You're in the window, and I'm like, oh my god, like excuse me, sir, like yes, get up. I was like so pissed, and I was like, girl, it's not that. It's not my fault. Right, We're on a plane, girl anyway, So that's my no, ma'am is people with attitudes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people with attitudes, especially when you fly, and it's like come on, like I like, that's my biggest thing, is like people take themselves way too seriously in the airport. People take themselves way too seriously on a plane. I grew you wholeheartedly and oh my god, go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, no sorry.
Speaker 5: I didn't mean to cut you off, but it just made me think about this, thinking about somebody smelling on the plane. This funny story because I'll keep it short with this lady. So I get on the plane. This girl in Jabi gets on the plane, so she sits the girl in his job, and then this older white lady sits in the window and her son's in the middle so the girl's wearing some strong perfume like ood, like some kind of ood.
Speaker 4: But it wasn't too crazy. But the lady was like, I'm sensitive. She's like like I want to meltdown, no, like vocally, and then she goes yeah. She's like I'm so sorry.
Speaker 5: She calls to the attendant. She's like, can I move seats? This girl's perfume is just too smelly. I just can't handle it. I can't sit here. Can I sit in the front? Is there open seats in first class? And the lady's like, no, you can't go to first class late Oh well, it's just a smell. And she's like, okay, well there's a seat actually in the back of the plane. You want to go, say there's this there's open seat in the back, so we can go ahead and take you back there.
Speaker 4: And she was like oh well no.
Speaker 5: But and then she's the lady's like, are we gonna have a problem, And the girl and the job is like looking around and she's like.
Speaker 4: No, I don't have a problem. I love all people.
Speaker 1: Wait, I love This is just so much to happen on a plane, I know, And she starts crying.
Speaker 4: Oh of course, she's not.
Speaker 5: She's having a breakdown and now everybody's looking around. But she she was a white lady.
Speaker 1: Okay, of course.
Speaker 5: So then her son goes, he turns and say, Mom, you just need to quit it. Yeah, and then in a discussion, so that was.
Speaker 1: Just yeah, I tell I've been saying this, and thank you Janelle James for giving me this in my my lex. I kind of want to make sure that I don't say it as if it's my own. But Janelle James has a whole if you have seen her comedy special on Netflix, please get to it. She has a whole thing on Netflix where she talks about bus people being on planes now and that is literally what it gives. It very much gives. There are a lot of Greyhound people that have literally started going, have been choosing to go to the sky to fly, and it is literally what it is giving. So yeah, I definitely, as someone who has literally flown almost seven times this month, I feel this conversation in my sir. Yeah, girl, I have been back. I've gone to New York. Okay, I have gone to Portland this month. I have gone to where did they just come back from? I went from Austin to Vegas and now home, and then next week I'll be up in Berkeley. So yeah, I have literally not been home for more than a week before I have to fly again this month, all because of this book, which I'm very thankful. I'm grateful for, but I definitely feel this conversation deep in this like the bowels of my shindow. All right, Joho, what's your yes, ma'am and your no, ma'am?
Speaker 3: For this week, Pam for this week is to miss on your nerve? Yes, guad.
Speaker 2: I know two episodes ago, I think I think lots of petographic time is Thomas construct these days we talked about, you know, drag race someone. It's like who might win, what you might think, what we might think. And I'm just really pleased on a nerve one. I know people probably are mad about it, and I understand that, Like, arguably I do think that.
Speaker 3: One was better than the other, the finalley, but.
Speaker 2: The consistency, okay of well of the other queen, like on a nerve was it like consistently was amazing. Consistently was tops Like I'm sorry, but that's our queen right there. Like I would be happy if Jewels won for sure too, and also like on your nerve is the entire embodiment of Charisman's nerve and talent. So live la love her so much, my noma'am pam is. People cant even hear transplants are homophobic.
Speaker 3: You don't need to.
Speaker 2: You'll need to knock it off and calm down. That is genderferinge care. You used to leave goops, knock it off, like, I just cannot deal with people who were like who are you? Who are doing things who are altering in their body and that just hair transplants like people who are altered their bodies to feel like better themselves. Somebody, let's live be genner fer being care. So you're trying to outlaw that for folks, not realizing that you're getting the same thing, like you're trying to get a front of your gender girl.
Speaker 3: So guess what, that's genderferming care.
Speaker 2: So so I put that out as a you know, as a foud for thought for some people, because that's still how it works. So then's something you're gonna try and find it and say you hate square pulps and transfers especially, recognize that the ship you do in your body is also genderfer being care. And if you want to allow outlaw us, outlaw yourself to a girl. Otherwise, don't do a babes. Don't do it, babes.
Speaker 1: Okay. Yeah, Well, with that being said, now that we all have gotten all of these wonderful things off of our souls, please send us your thoughts, your feedback in your email at Blackfatfempod at gmail dot com. You can also send us your via social media by interacting with our post on Instagram and Twitter by using the handle at Black Fatfinpod. Queen Joho. Where can the Dolls find you?
Speaker 2: Of course you can find me at Johanna's across all socials, my website at jorinails dot com.
Speaker 3: And if not there you can find me girl. I have no idea.
Speaker 2: Just find me somewhere on the streets. Hopefully on the street is wholly at my house, just chilling, just.
Speaker 1: Chilling, Star, Where can the dolls find you? Or where do you? Let me ask you? Where do you want to be found?
Speaker 5: The girls can find me on Instagram at Star amara su or my personal website Star one two three four dot info.
Speaker 1: You are absolutely beautiful. Thank you so much for being here with me this week. I appreciate you the house down, boots. I appreciate everybody for listening. As for me and as you know in my household, y'all can go to ww dot to John Paul dot com. You can find more information about my book tour. You find more information about the book. And like many people have said, they've seen my book out in the wild, drop me a line. If you see my book somewhere you want to just grab it and take a picture with it and shoot it over. I love to know where my book is and how it's reaching people. So, uh, thank you everybody who's been doing that. That's been really fun to see in really fun to hear. With that being said, we want to thank our wonderful producer Bei Wang for all of the logistics and for getting star here. Like we went through some stuff, but baby, you've made it. We got you own the show and it yes, God, yes, so we got you on this show. So I'm really happy to have this in our uh and and you know, as we're coming up on episode one point fifty, we're very happy that you are a part of that legacy. Wow said, yes, babe, we made it happen.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh. Yeah, iconic behavior very.
Speaker 1: That very that you are Episode one and so we're very happy to know that you are a part of this legacy that is the Blackfefon Podcast. With that being said, we also want to say thank you to our wonderful editor, Chris Rogers, because without him, we wouldn't have no audio and we wouldn't have any visual for the tubes of you. And if you have not gone down to the tubes of you to like and subscribe to our page, just let you all know it is free. It's free content. A lot of folks are putting that stuff behind paywalls now and we got you free content. So head on down to the tubes of you, subscribe and like, and tell all your mama and your aunties to come on down to the Black Fatfam Show and watch our episodes. That being said, this has been another show. Stay black Fat Femine fabulous and remember we may not be your cup of tea, but drink some water you probably need it anyway. I love usur real bind