Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Katty Armstrong.
Speaker 2: And Jettie and he.
Speaker 3: Arms. You got busy reading in the hallway again. I gotta quit doing that. I look up the clock.
Speaker 2: I think, kees I'm supposed to be on there live from studio scenes.
Speaker 3: Se save your Jimmie litt room deeper than.
Speaker 2: The bowels of the Armstrong and Getty Communications Common founding you. Hey, y'all, today we're under the tute lege of our general manager.
Speaker 4: The super heavyweight bout Donald J. Trump versus Gerald Powell.
Speaker 2: Who's Jerome Powell, Chairman of the Federal Reserve in a heavyweight slug fest that could ruin the economy.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, come on, fellas and settle down. Okay, I assume you're going to explain that to us. I will, I will. You know what I was just reading? That is blowing my mind? Hmm. That's why I got so engrossed in it.
Speaker 2: This new study that's out, Uh, that is contrary to everything else we've heard about smartphones and kids.
Speaker 3: Everything we believe about kids and phones might be wrong.
Speaker 2: A new study says done by researchers at the University of South Florida who had read The Anxious Generation, that book we've talked about so much and we're expecting all kinds of negative results and believed all that sort of stuff, and they found all kinds of things that run completely opposite of that that kids who have questions.
Speaker 3: I have questions too, I have a guess too.
Speaker 2: But the groundbreak blah blah blah blah. Middle schoolers in particularly socially benefit from having a phone. They tend to be have more friends, more outgoing, spend more time away from the house, blah blah blah, all these different things.
Speaker 3: I think it's absolutely worth considering this.
Speaker 2: I already have some contrarian thoughts coursing through my head. Oh yeah, my immediate My immediate first thought was, it's a socioeconomic thing of the kind of people that kids that don't have phones. Yeah, I don't think there's that many people not getting their kid a phone because it's bad for them.
Speaker 3: It should be, but it's not.
Speaker 2: I think the kids that don't have phones are from families where they just can't afford a phone, and they maybe tend to not have as many friends or as good a life that's interesting. And I fully admit that this is a very first blush, But my scathing indictment of their conclusion based on practically no information, is that I could see that on a very surface level, the kids with smartphones, plugged in social media, et cetera, are more popular and more plugged into the popular zeitgeist. You've spoken about how the kids have to know the cash phrase. You know, if you don't know chicken jockey, you're an outcast. Blah blah blah blah blah. So you are, on the surface, in the short term, more popular, et cetera, in a culture, a technical, technological culture that is ultimately terribly unhealthy for you. It's like, if you're among the pot smokers in high school, you will be well connected among the pot smokers.
Speaker 3: You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not buying this study at all, but I'm just you know my other questions, who paid for it? Transferring it to you? Yeah, it'd be worth knowing. Are you measuring the rights? University of South Florida Justin Martin, the studies least researcher who referred to social He's a big fan of Jonathan Hyde's book The Anxious Generation. The survey of fifteen one hundred to Floridians ages eleven to thirteen. Kids with smartphones reported better mental health than those without smartphones on a number of different measures, including higher self esteem being less likely to feel depressed. Is finding held across the socioeconomic differences of the children being surveyed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, challenges the.
Speaker 2: Belief that kids with cell phones are more likely to be shut ins who never leave their bedroom. In fact, surveyed kids with smartphones were overall more likely to spend time with friends in person than kids without phones.
Speaker 3: Interesting. Yeah, I have to dig into it again.
Speaker 2: I have a number of contrarian thoughts immediately, but it's an intriguing look at one of the most important topics of our time. So I would say, yeah, it is one of the most important topics of the times. Well, and my biggest contrarian thing is just we all have had I think most of us just intuitively know that it's been bad for us, right, that it's bad for me. You know, you're talking yesterday about being at the Master's golf tournament. You had to put your phones away, and everybody liking it. Everybody goes camping or ends up, you know, in a mountain cabin where you don't have cell phone service. Everybody loves it. So just intuitively, I think we know that it's it's causing problems. So yeah, and I'm just I'm reminded of what does a drunk want the other guy to do? Drink get in here in the valley of sin with me. I feel better about myself, and trust me, that's not coming from a place of sober judgment of others.
Speaker 3: Again, you know, I'd like to know more about it.
Speaker 2: I am highly suspicious they're asking the wrong questions and and short term happiness slash fitting in versus long term mental health, et cetera. True, although as kid, as you know, the short term fitting in is all that matters in your life for the kid. So, my son was the last in his group to get a phone, and he it made him very unhappy. He missed, he missed out, did miss out and felt like he was missing out on things all the time, all these group conversations and meetups and stuff like that that he just didn't know about because he didn't he wasn't in on the conversation and it made him sad and feel like an outcast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't doubt it.
Speaker 2: The Internet we've discussed through the years is like a big, busy straight and it has a number of the things that are are lovely for kids, ability to connect services, et cetera. And it also has the most dangerous scumbags they will ever encounter in their lives and the opportunity to develop terrible habits that makes them miserable. It is a big, giant, busy city straight. I don't doubt for a minute that there are positives to be found on that street. Right, that's the problem. Like, so, my oldest son has a smartphone, my youngest doesn't. So in my oldest my youngest heads out on a bike ride, I know that he can't purchase heroin, see a snuff film, or interact with a murderous pedophile.
Speaker 3: My older son when he leaves, you're a child abuser.
Speaker 2: My older son, when he leaves the house, absolutely has all of those at his fingertips. Yeah, because he has a smartphone, which is pretty crazy. I never had those at my fingertips when I left the house. Ah uugh, thank god. Let's start the show officially. I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe getting on it. Is Thursday, April seventeenth, here twenty twenty five for Armstrong in getting WI.
Speaker 3: We approve this program. All right, then let's begin officially.
Speaker 2: According to de FCC rules and regulations, the show starts at mark.
Speaker 5: The Democrats and the media in this room have continually and wrongly labeled Kilmar Abrago Garcia as a Maryland father. There is no Maryland father. Let me reiterate. Abrigo Garcia is an illegal alien MS thirteen gang member and foreign terrorist who was deported back to his home country.
Speaker 3: Well, this story is getting a lot of attention than the media. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't have a sense of how many of you actual people are paying attention to it. But for instance, I flipped on MSNBC, Fox and News Nation this morning.
Speaker 3: All three of them led with this stuff.
Speaker 2: Interesting, right, and the back and forth on whether he's just a Maryland father enjoying his kid's litle league game or if he's a wife beating a drug running gang member, and which of those is true? Yeah, and doesn't make any difference because if you're in the United States, you get due process no matter what. Yes, but what processes do One of the more interesting questions to arise from this, having let in millions of illegals, do the old processes live up to the moment or do we have to reassign them. It wasn't an intentional overloading of the system by the lunatics around the Senile Mummy Joe Biden in the Cloward Piven strategy of overwhelming the system to break it. Once you break it, your reform it to Marxist principles. It sure looks like it, doesn't it. I don't know if it was on purpose, but it did overwhelm the system well given the politics, Given that the politics are so horrible.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's an eighty five fifteen issue.
Speaker 2: To throw the borders open to murders and scumbags and hardworking folks just trying to improve their lives, but to let in millions and millions and millions of people. The politics are miserable of it. And many times you asked, I asked, what don't they see that?
Speaker 3: I think the answer.
Speaker 2: Might be there were actual radicals around Biden who talked the senile old Fruit into keeping the borders open for their own nefarious, radical purposes. If somebody has a better explanation, I'm willing to entertain it. Yeah, well we got a lot more on that story, which could could end up being a really big deal as a court has said that the Trump administration is denying them and looking for contempt charges and all these sorts of things. So you got that to get to it, got Katie's headlines on the way. Here's our text line four one five KFTC.
Speaker 3: So China said some jumpy things.
Speaker 2: About tariffs, and uh Trump people fired back, Oh yeah, it might be two hundred and forty.
Speaker 3: Oh so so there you go.
Speaker 2: This reminds me the whole parent and defiant child. Your grounded for a day. Now it's two days, three days, you're gonna keep going. Now it's a week, and you just wait for the kid to think, Wow.
Speaker 3: This is not going in a good peruction.
Speaker 2: And China finally designs it doesn't want to be grounded for six months.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 2: I get the whole tariff, get your own Powell feud. It's it's as a trade thing. I got a bad feeling about all this. It does not feel like a plan. I'm I will be thrilled and humbly contrite if it turns out that I am wrong. That'd be awesome to trust me. I have every interest in being wrong. I want desperately to be wrong. It's just kind of an odd position to be in anyway. A lot to get to today, I mean, just seriously, there's so much to talk about.
Speaker 3: It's so interesting. I hope you can stay around right now.
Speaker 2: Let's figure out who's reporting what it's lead story with Katie Katie, starting with Fox News.
Speaker 6: Maryland man exposed in police records as violent repeat wife beater.
Speaker 2: That's funny that didn't come up on MSNBC and their description of the loving Maryland little League code Dad. Does it make any difference though? No, and yes, okay, it depends on I don't think politically, I mean legally, politically it makes a difference.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it makes a huge difference. And I was going to get there a good point.
Speaker 4: But I don't know specifically what the due process looks like for a non citizen.
Speaker 3: Illegal alien with a final.
Speaker 4: Deportation order and his status visa vin the law.
Speaker 3: I don't know the answer to that question from writers.
Speaker 6: El Salvador blocks US senator from visiting quote wrongly deported Salvadorian man.
Speaker 2: I'm sure the Trump people are getting al Salvador and saying here's how we want you to handle this, and they're saying.
Speaker 3: No problem, whatever you want.
Speaker 2: Well, and old President Bukeley, I'm sure saying, oh, I would be delighted to help you with your democratic publicity stunt.
Speaker 3: Joink, No, I'm not to get out.
Speaker 6: Youing from the Wall Street Journal a depleted Hamas is so low on cash that it can't pay its fighters.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was going to be part of a multi tiered report about the situation in Israel.
Speaker 3: I want to hear there in Yeah, dire straits.
Speaker 6: From the Free Beacon, Bernie Sanders spent two hundred and twenty one thousand dollars on private jets amid fighting oligarchy tour.
Speaker 2: Wh We got to play that montage again of him saying we live in an oligarchy every year since nineteen ninety two.
Speaker 3: It's hilario.
Speaker 2: It's absolutely facuss that the longer Bernie and AOC can remain the face of the Democratic Party, the longer Republicans have to get their act together and do the good stuff we're all rooting for.
Speaker 6: From Breitbart dot Com, transgender miss main contestant will face off against Bill Belichick's girlfriend Jordan Hudson.
Speaker 2: What is Belichick's girlfriend a beauty pageant person?
Speaker 3: Yeah she is? Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, So I'm sorry, who is he facing off with? I was reading something.
Speaker 6: Relevant transgender Miss main contestant, so it trans a dude like in Miss America, in Miss and Miss Maine and.
Speaker 2: Miss Maine is So I'm siding with the legit hottie, just you know, by habit as I was looking at the Belichick Belichick turned seventy four, so because he can jack, because he was seventy four or seventy five. Anyway, she got him all these birthday gifts and did all this stuff and everything like that. So they're they're fift I think they're officially fifty years apart now.
Speaker 3: From study fines.
Speaker 2: I'm sure he's thinking, I only need one gift, and it's under your clothes right out.
Speaker 3: Seriously, we're adults, and you don't believe in love, do you? Joe doesn't believe in love? No, I got how proud of yourself you are? From study fines.
Speaker 6: Laser guided robot farmers offer hope for shrinking labor force.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'd like to actually read that. Yeah, intriguing. It's up at our hotlinks today.
Speaker 6: Cool from the New York Post, wild golf brawl erupts over slow play, ends with shirtless man getting pummeled.
Speaker 3: I watched that.
Speaker 6: I made it, I made at Katie's Corners post today and it's up there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: That is the description of roughly every golf brawl I've ever seen online, and as a golfer, it's a It's a favorite genre of mine.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Whether it's slow play or somebody hit into somebody else or whatever, somebody always ends up shirtless.
Speaker 3: And getting pummeled.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good, good, good idea throwing dogs on the golf course.
Speaker 3: But boys will be boys.
Speaker 6: And finally, from the Babylon b Health tip to beat those spring all geez, try diving head first into a volcano.
Speaker 2: I have felt various times the last week or so that I would have been willing. Yes, Mike, my kids too. We look out the window and we're like, oh my god, look at it out there.
Speaker 3: It's sunny and oh.
Speaker 2: Looks or sneezing wheezing and itchy eyes or the sweet embrace of death.
Speaker 3: Right, Yes, I'm dang it.
Speaker 2: It's so rough and apparently all over the country there's got to be some new plant that China snuck in.
Speaker 3: We were talking about that on Friday. That'd be pretty clever, you know.
Speaker 2: You figure out some plant that you know, the Westerners, Americans aren't used to bad allergies, get it.
Speaker 3: Into here and plant it all over the place.
Speaker 2: I just appreciate your good, solid, cold warrior attitude toward over the thing. If there's a problem, probably the Commies, you know what it is. That's funny, you know what it is. I'm reading. I'm reading that Tinker Taylor Soldier Spy book, Oh yeah, which I'd never read before, and it's all about i mean loosely about Kim Philby the World's greatest spy, cold worst buying stuff like that. So that is on my mind. That started thing. So, yeah, that's beautiful. The Commy's snuck in a plant. So we're all sneezing all the time.
Speaker 3: That's what happened.
Speaker 2: Stay ever vigilant, Sergeant Jack. So why was Jerome Powell our general manager today? Joel explained that coming up, the battle between Trump and the Federal Relief briefly Brees tab Dry Armstrong and get.
Speaker 1: A new administration is in the process of implementing a substantial policy changes in four distinct areas trade, immigration, fiscal policy, and regulation. These policies are still evolving and their effects on the economy remain highly uncertain. Inflation is likely to go up as tariffs find their way and some part of those tariffs come to the It come to be paid by the by the by the public.
Speaker 2: Slowed down, Jerome too much energy. So I'm wondering, does do you end up in a job like that because your personality is the sort that would talk like that, or do you feel like you have to talk like that when you're in that job. Come, there's no showbiz in anybody that's in the FED. Is anyone expecting inflation? Anyone duel er, just a stone person that would get into that for a living, tends to talk like that. Or maybe it's just cultural. It's expected of him to be very dry and sober. I mean, he's not gonna talk like a gay fashion designer at the next FED meeting.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, these rates are outrageous. They're outrageous. I mean, that just wouldn't work inflation, am I right? So yes, now, Hanson producer. Hanson said he finds him very calming and reassuring in these turbulences.
Speaker 2: That's that's not the vibe. The vibe I got from him was I am scared to death. This is coming off the rails and buckle up.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Just you know, as I went into it thinking that, and I don't need him to be a cheerleader. But he is a bit of an energy suck, isn't he. There's one more clip I wanted to play my class.
Speaker 3: I'm totally I clip sixty four. He does show the showbiz. Okay, here's the bring the showbiz.
Speaker 1: As that great Chicagoan Ferris Bueller once noted, life moves pretty fast. For the time being, we are well positioned to wait for greater clarity before considering any adjustments to our policy stance. We continue to analyze the incoming data the evolving outlook in the balance of risks. We understand that elevated levels of unemployment or inflation can be damaging and painful for communities, families, and businesses. We will continue to do everything we can to achieve our maximum employment and price debility goals.
Speaker 3: That's great, Jerry, that's great, honey. I told you we shouldn't invite him to the dinner party.
Speaker 2: So now Trump wants him to go, right, So Trump didn't. Trump didn't like Powell coming out and saying inflation's going to go up. We don't know how this is going to turn out. Trump's angry down wants him to go There's too much uncertainty and the plan seems to be evolving, yes, which is what virtually everyone is saying. But Trump is lashed out at Federal Reserve chair Jerome Powell in a post on social media. Powell's termination cannot come fast enough. The post read trump pointing of the guy Powell is always too late and wrong. Many many capitals and exclamation points, etc. Now a number of folks, and that number is like a lot of people are a little concerned at the idea that the chairman of the Federal Reserve would be.
Speaker 3: A day by day.
Speaker 2: Helper of the current administration to achieve their specific goals, as opposed to the sober to the point of oh Godwin's he going to be done, a.
Speaker 3: Protector of the nation fiscal health. Wall Street Journal's view of this.
Speaker 2: Powell said that he saw a strong likelihood that consumers would face higher prices and that the economy would see higher unemployment as the result of tariffs in the short room short runs, so higher prices and higher unemployment. This would create a challenging scenario in quotes for the central bank because anything it does with interest rates to address inflationary pressures could worsen unemployment and vice versa. He said, it's a difficult place for a central bank to be in. Yeah, so we could end up in a bad spiral. Maybe one of the reasons that I have not made this sort of economics my area of interest and just never have in my life. It's just it's amazing to me that so the president, one guy has the ability to unleash these tariffs on America and on the world. And then I've always been amazed that the FED chairman, a guy, I mean with input from other people, but still one guy decides to raise her lower interest rates. It just it seems so not democratic republic that issues. I guess there's no other way to do it, but I would I would quibble with the characterization that one guy can raise the interest rates like that, because they there's a board of governors of the FED from all over the country that get together and they're all like super smart, dry egg heads like Jerown Powell, and they cook up the policy together. But that's not like a congress, right, So you know, the truth is somewhere in between.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I am staunchly against anybody having the power to single handedly reshape the economy in the way Trump is doing, because I know that you will be on the other foot, and I think the Democrats are capable of enacting some of their most ludicrous you know, a borderline to full fledged Marxist ideas and tanking the economy for a very very long time. I just you know, I'm sorry if my principles annoy you, because I just I fear if this sort of power to manipulate the economy becomes routine, we're gonna see wild, insane swings and the sort of And this is what bothers me about the current ay, the sort of crony capitalism that we should be working to get rid of. Like Tim Cook is rich and powerful and connected and Apple is super important, so they can get carve outs for the tariffs that would hurt them. The average schmuck, the small to medium businessman, does not have that sort of connection.
Speaker 3: They don't have lobbyists, and so they will get hammered by the tariffs.
Speaker 2: The guy that was a drummer in the band I was playing in, he was a drum maker and his drums were made in China. He was always traveling to China. He made carbon fiber drums. Cool idea. I don't know if it's still a thing or not, but anyway, they're made in China. I'm sure he's not getting a carve out as a tiny, tiny businessman with his drums stuff coming in from China because you don't have the connections that Tim Cook has, which is your point. And I know everybody's saying, Joe, bring up Humphreys executor. Okay, kids, it's a Supreme Court president. It has to do with can the president fire certain federal officials for purely political reasons or should they be more independent and finish out their terms.
Speaker 3: It's a really interesting constitutional question. How long is a FED term? Long? Right?
Speaker 4: Ah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's got several more years. I couldn't tell you specifically outlook, but Trump wants him to go.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, If I may quote the potus, Powell's termination cannot come fast enough.
Speaker 3: Termination as in I'm going to fire him.
Speaker 2: Yes, he's not gonna snuff him. I didn't think that, certainly firing him. Oh wow, that's enough fed talk certainly for a while. Yeah, but it's not enough. I mean that there's plenty of worry talk.
Speaker 3: I just I don't know.
Speaker 2: Nobody knows how this is going to turn out. But say two months from now, inflation's the highest it's been since back when we hated inflation during COVID. You're noticing every day prices being higher than you're expecting, like during COVID. What's the political mood gonna be. Yeah, And that's my concern. And nobody really has, for many, many many months, ever accused us of being you know, never Trumpers or anything like that, because that would be ridiculous. My official stance is the only thing that can derail the great stuff the Trump administration is doing is the silly stuff the Trump administration is doing. And I just wish they could be a little more disciplined and focused and prioritize. But the scenario I just laid out though, that you can't call that and never trump.
Speaker 3: That's what Trump says is gonna happen, isn't it.
Speaker 2: High prices there's gonna be what was the term he used on Friday that we played over and over. There's going to be a he had a term for it. It's like, yeah, I can't remember transitory, but that sort of thing. It's just you know it's gonna hurt for a while.
Speaker 3: Short term pay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's saying that's going to happen. So is Jerome Powell. So so he must be fired. I just wonder what the polling is going to be when that actually happens, if people are going to be willing to ride it out, or if people are it's easier to it's easy to say when you're not paying it well. Right, And here's my big objection, especially to the tariff thing, not only that it's been kind of haphazard in his crony capitalism, but the president's argument is if you put up with the short term pain, we will have a long term resurgence of manufacturing, fewer imports, fairer trade relationships. Now, the fairer trade relationships part I believe. I think they can happen, but there will be no long term restructuring of American manufacturing.
Speaker 3: He doesn't have long enough.
Speaker 2: If Jdvatt succeeds him for two terms, that's still that'll be like scratching the surface getting started long enough. Maybe so we're gonna have the short term pain without the long term. I just don't see how the long term payoff materializes. I looked it up from Friday. You weren't here. It transition costs. That's what he called it in the big cabinet meeting on Thursday. There will be transition costs with some inflation and higher prices.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I've just read so many stories of various small to medium sized businesses and what their supply chains actually look like, and how the tariffs and everything will affect them, and how long it would take for them to ensure their supply chains, whether the whole thing or damn near the whole thing, and what they would do to the prices of their products.
Speaker 3: And it's just it doesn't look to me like it can work.
Speaker 2: And again, I pray, either Trump adjustice sales or I'm dead wrong.
Speaker 3: I've never wanted to be wrong more in my life.
Speaker 2: Oh, and I'm perfectly happy if this turns out great a year from now. Oh. I also see stan Crow on the air. No, I'll just be the praise. Trump is brilliant. Wow, he is the only one that really understood this and blah blah blah. App again love to say that that would be awesome. Nothing would make me happier than saying that.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: I just wonder politically though, even with that outcome that the transition period he's talking about the transition costs. What are the polls gonna do when everything's more expensive and people start buying electronics, cars, whatever it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: There have been a number of poll results recently that have kind of rekindled my faith in the American people to be smart and reasonable and think long term ish.
Speaker 3: So, I don't know.
Speaker 2: We'll see. We got mail bag on the way. Want to dig into a little more into that study. New study out saying smartphones are good for kids.
Speaker 3: Hmmm, brought to you by Samsung. All that on the way, Stay here. I just read an article about AI.
Speaker 2: That makes me think the in terms of information anyway, the whole thing is.
Speaker 3: Going to be a bust. It's never going to get off really yeah, huh. I don't know how they're going to overcome this problem. Can explain that later. I am surprised, I am intrigued. I will stay tuned.
Speaker 2: Just a quick note, Well, maybe i'll say of that. Here's your freedom loving quote of the day, sent along moments ago by Dan in Arkansas. It's from Friedrich Bostiat, his classic The Law, written in eighteen fifty, and it's a little longish, but it's absolutely brilliant, and it dovetails a little bit with our conversation. Last segment I quote from Bossiat. God has given to men all that is necessary for them to accomplish their destinies. He has provided a social form as well as a human form. And these social organs of persons are so constituted that they will develop themselves harmoniously in the clean air of liberty. Away then, with quacks and organizers, Away with their rings, chains, hooks, and pincers, Away with their artificial systems. Away with the whims of governmental administrators, their socialized projects, their centralization, their tariffs, their government schools, their state religions, their free credit, their bank monopolies, their regulations, their restrictions, their equalization by taxation, and their pious moralizations. And now that the legislators and do gooders have so feutally inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun? May they reject all systems and try liberty for liberty as an acknowledgment of faith in God and his works.
Speaker 3: Amen, that's pretty good.
Speaker 2: That's good. There's a lot there. Maybe we'll reconsider that another time. Dig into it, mailbag. There are a number of topics that dominated the correspondence in the last twenty four hours.
Speaker 3: Jack, this won't surprise you.
Speaker 2: We asked for ideas and points of view of how to actually clean up the university system in this country. I got some great answers. We'll get into that later. A bunch of folks waited in on the aufie discussion, and also the question to do process for illegals. All of those things we will dig into at the correct time, as determined by our whims. Our dump us a note mail bag at armstrong a geddy dot com. That means, I don't know when we'll try it, as determined to buy our whims. On the topic of phallic travel, John Rights, I'll keep this short. Oh that was the other people are still weighing in on the uh chickstronauts. I mean, just like crazy. I'll keep this short. If a five minute excursion into space and a phallic object makes these ladies astronauts. You can start calling me anecologist. Oh lord jaw oh no, ks Cis keeps shooting celebrities into space.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I can't believe that Gail King actually said, people who think this was frivolous and unimportant.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, that's precisely what we think. Yes, thank you for summarizing it. Uh. Loyal listener.
Speaker 2: Robert writes, guys realized this morning that the Chi extronauts of this week did not constitute the first all women's space flight. That honor belongs to Valentina Tereshkova. She was the first woman in space on a solo flight. The biggest difference is she was actually the crew of the craft. Nice try, ladies, celebrate the consolation prize of best quaff to all female crew.
Speaker 3: And then he wrote back three hours later, I caught.
Speaker 2: My mistake likea the dog took the first female only space flight. This ends my report on beashes in space, Robert, He's here all week.
Speaker 3: Try the veal.
Speaker 2: Let's see Kristen from Salt Lake City Rights speaking of Gene Hackman's.
Speaker 3: A harder ish house.
Speaker 2: With all the rat faices. Oh Man, and the haunt of virus is what got his wife right? He says, guys, I always deep clean my house before a trip, not for peace of mind, but so if I die, people will think I live like a classy, put together adult and not a feral laundry monster. That's pretty fun, and she signs off scrubbing for legacy not hygiene.
Speaker 3: Kristen from Salt Lake says, that is brilliant. That is good. I thought that before too various scenarios. If I died right now, what would this look like? Equal matter?
Speaker 2: H the ladies continuing the way in it's Charlotte and Santa Clara, The guy writes, guys, in regard to the.
Speaker 3: That's what you're doing a driveway clip?
Speaker 2: You're right, it's one of the funniest clips you've ever played. It should get its own category and clips of the year. By the way, is it in the links? I couldn't find it. I need to see these people now. Can we make sure that's in today's hot.
Speaker 3: Length hot links? Guys? Uh, Katie? Is that doable?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I'm I'm gonna have it in Katie's corner so you'll be able to watch it right on the website.
Speaker 3: Go Ahead Vision made a commission for Katie's corner. Why why are we sucking? Well? None, ya, we'll have a meeting later. Go ahead, Michael. You have jump cars. You drive in and.
Speaker 6: You drive out.
Speaker 3: That's why people do. Then their driveway you moron?
Speaker 2: Well, and what's that's the short version because we got to keep moving. But keep in mind the longest, the preamble, the overture to that is did you put mashed potatoes on my tesla?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 3: Wow? You drive in, you drive out, That's what people.
Speaker 2: Drive out.
Speaker 4: You have jump cars, that's why people do, then their driveway.
Speaker 6: More on.
Speaker 3: I swear it gets funnier. I know.
Speaker 2: Matt and Palm Desert writing on the topic of deporting the MS teen gang member love you show just thought. Because he's a legal alien, not natural citizen, doesn't he have no rights legal or otherwise. We're any defense of any kind. Uh No, I'll give you the very very short constitutional version. No, it's it's all people in in the United States are protected by due process. But what processes due It depends on the area of the law you're talking about. Due process is kind of a vague phrase. It just means the government can't behave arbitrarily, but it does say persons not citizens.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in many, many places, it's clear that if you're under the jurisdiction of the United States, meaning you're here, you will be treated like a human being, which is a beautiful and awesome part of our country.
Speaker 3: Just gets a little inconvenient.
Speaker 2: At times, especially if you let in the biggest migration in world history.
Speaker 3: Right, Armstrong and Getty