Speaker 1: There's some inspiring here in a bunch of horrifying. It's one more thing.
Speaker 2: I'm one more thing.
Speaker 3: Inspiring horrifying.
Speaker 1: The fabulous Barry Weiss of the Free Press.
Speaker 2: I did at an interview recently.
Speaker 1: With Leland Viddert, who is a longtime Middle East correspondent for Fox News, and I believe he is with the News Nation now, is that right. He's recently come out publicly that he is on the autism spectrum or is autistic, or has autism, whatever you're supposed to say these days, I don't know, and and has described how he has dealt with it and gotten beyond it. Really interesting and inspiring stuff. I can't wait to read it, as there's autism in my family more than a little. Really an amazing guy and really cool. But he was talking to Barry Weiss about.
Speaker 2: The Middle East and God in Israel.
Speaker 1: And here's a little snippet of her excellent conversation with.
Speaker 4: Him twenty twelve. I'm a foreign correspondent for Fox and you know, normally you're when you're based in Jerusalem, you're covering suicide bombings, you're covering protests in the West Bank of riots in the West Bank on and on and on. Because of the Arab Spring, I really hadn't spent that much time in Israel, and the Palestine Israeli conflict was not a thing those years.
Speaker 2: There's been a couple of.
Speaker 4: Gaza skirmishes, but there was the Glad Shalite deal where there was an Israeli soldier who had been held hostage and traded from Gaza to Israel for a thousand guys and prisoners more, including Sinowar and including a woman named Waffa. And Wafa had been a woman in the West Bank or woman in Gaza. She had pulled a pot of boiling water over herself when she was like five or six years old. The Israelis treat most of the people out of Gaz who have really horrific burns, catastrophic medical injuries. She goes back to Gaza after being treated for four or five in Israel, but has a pass to get in and out of Israel, which very few people in Gaza did at the time, So she gets recruited to be a suicide bomber.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 4: This is in the second into Fada, so mid two thousands.
Speaker 1: And.
Speaker 4: There's the video of her coming to the checkpoint to get into Israel wearing her suicide vest, and she'd been given three target options by the Alaskar Martyrs brigade, a bus, a cafe, or the hospital that had treated her and saved her life. She chose the hospital that had treated her and saved her life. She gets to the checkpoint, they discover that she has a bomb, or they think she does. She tries to detonate it, it doesn't go off. She gets thrown in jail again. The Israeli's treat her, they help her with her birds, they educate her, they give her a college degree, and now in the Gladually deal, she goes back to Gaza. So I go to Gaza to interview her, thinking this is going to be a redemption story. It was before Christmas, right that she is going to say, perfect Christmas, I am going to be the one to try and forge peace, and I believe in peace, and I've seen that the Israelis are not evil that I don't want to kill them anymore. Fine, So I get into Gaza and I bring with me an iPad that has the video of her trying to blow herself up. So we're sitting across from each other like this She's wearing a he jab in a very junkie gozzen apartment. It is an awful place in every sense of the word. And I show her the video and I said, what are you thinking watching this? She goes, oh, oh has all this reaction and she goes oh, she goes, I'm thinking, I almost tasted paradise. Okay, would you do it again?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 4: In a minute. This is my calling in life.
Speaker 2: I said, wait a second.
Speaker 4: These people treated you in all of your burns, they saved your life. You tried to blow them up, they still treated you, they educated you, and now you have a chance at life back here in Gaza, and you'd want to blow them up. And she goes, absolutely, they are the infidels, they are evil, They're the enemy. I can't remember where the jack translation was. And that's when my mind was made up about sort of the moral clarity of the Israeli Palestinian debate. Are the Israeli's perfect? No, But that's what they're up against.
Speaker 1: And that is the key point that so many people ignore. That's what they're up against. And it's funny when people see deliberate attempts to indoctrinate the young. They have Americans, they have this inability to absorb it or accept it or believe it because I think a lot of us have seen those TV the kids shows from you know, that part of the world where they each the little kids that the Jews drink the blood of babies and the.
Speaker 2: Rest of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like they're same street.
Speaker 1: Right, And then when people like me are trying to lecture you that the government schools aren't accidentally indoctrinating your kids to hate America and Western civilization and not know their own history.
Speaker 2: That that's just these silly, woke people who don't really know it.
Speaker 1: No, it's an absolutely deliberate attempt to capture the minds of young people. Every evil regime in the history of the world has known this, They've practiced it.
Speaker 2: I could bore you to death with examples of it.
Speaker 1: They do it because it works, but people can't accept that it's happening in their own country.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was quite a story. And you know, not just the Palestinian Israeli conflict. That's what we're all up against in terms of the whole radical Islam thing all around the world. Yes, the people that actually believe no, no, no, I want the bomb to go off, because then I'm in paradise immediately, right.
Speaker 1: Well, And one of the most interesting things you've ever brought to the show was that psychological study where they pointed out that human beings cling to the first thing they learn about something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's troubling what I feel like. I'm up against that in my life sometimes myself will you will stick with the first thing you heard, even when it's been proven that you were wrong about the first thing you heard. But the first thing even if.
Speaker 1: The people who told you the first thing you heard come back and say is they did in the study, Hey, what we told you is wrong, it's not X.
Speaker 2: It's why just we apologize it's not X.
Speaker 1: It's why you go back in a couple of months and ask those people if it's X or why they'll say, oh, it's X, definitely X. And so that's one of the insidious parts of indoctrinating a young girl like this or the American example, I was giving. How much opportunity did she get to observe that the reality of the Israeli people is not ex It's why indeed, but she was indoctrinated to believe it was the horrors of the evil Jew and they must be blotted out, blah blah blah. And she could not. With the most amazing, awe inspiring, kind, beautiful examples of the actual truth, she could not be budged from that premise human beings man.
Speaker 3: Whoof Wow, that was a that was that was a good one. That was interesting and troubling. So that's Barry Weiss's outfit that brought us that the Free press. Yeah, so she she made a decision or not to make take that two hundred million dollar offer from CBS.
Speaker 2: I haven't heard.
Speaker 3: I wish she would.
Speaker 1: Because it's quickly become a media empire. They have lots of super talented writers. Yes, they put out more.
Speaker 3: Pardon me, it's possible that she, being you know, significantly younger than me, thinks, why would I go to CBS. I'm building what is the future of media. I'm not going back through it. It was the big deal fifty years ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they put out more good content.
Speaker 2: That you could take in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, podcasts too, obviously.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's amazing. She is a go getter and her wife, that's right, Katie, two women.
Speaker 3: Lesbians. Yes, that's what I've been told I was going to ask this question the other day on the air, But anyway, I was going to.
Speaker 2: Say, Nelly Bowls. Her wife is brilliant writer. I love Nelly.
Speaker 3: Where was I? I live in a college down so I'm at the bagel shop coffee shop Sunday morning, and I had this thought. Could Doc Martin stay in business if it weren't for lesbians? That's what I thought. Well, substantially lower profits.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure they could.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure they could. Attractive young lesbian couples all wearing Doc Martins big in the punk rock scene, Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, they're I have several Paramis Yo Nazis, are you, Jack?
Speaker 2: I wear them regularly.
Speaker 3: But I think I think what really keeps them going is the lesbian sea.
Speaker 2: He's a lesbian.
Speaker 1: I've got to believe that in this era of data collection, Doc Martin knows like the home address of every single punk rock loving, neo Nazi lesbian because.
Speaker 2: That is their bread and butter, right there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, those girls are the next quarter profits right there?
Speaker 2: Can I play a clip for you guys real quick? I just need your opinion on it?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 5: Here we go went to a friend's wedding, but it was a really long day. The wedding took place at twelve.
Speaker 4: When it got to eight pm with no.
Speaker 5: Food insight, I was absolutely struggling. I was starting to get angry, so me and my friend, who asked we've decided to order a pizza sneakily to the venue. When it arrived, I slipped outside to grab it and I shared it with a couple of other people at the table who were also starving. World War round and now the bride is furious with me and said if i 's been patient, food was arriving in the next thirty minutes. She told me that I embarrassed her, but some others told me it was tacky and disrespectful.
Speaker 2: M Twelve to eight with no food at a wedding is a bull Is I would have left? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Or yeah, unless it's like a close friend. What were they doing for close friend that I'm sticking around? Well, I wonder, I wonder. It was like, I don't know if you've ever been to a full on Catholic wedding where they do the full mask, but two of those don't last eight hours.
Speaker 1: Feed your guests, dumb, dumb, what do you want them to starve, pass out, crack their heads eight.
Speaker 3: That's a long wedding anyways. Yeah, and then food's coming. Now I'm out. I would believe before I would bring a pizza into the wedding venue.
Speaker 2: But she did it.
Speaker 1: Well the venue though, I mean, what if it's a hotel. They rented a ballroom.
Speaker 3: She went out to the lobby, and you know what, that's commitment to her friend wanting to stick around for this hllaciously long wedding. The bride's furious.
Speaker 1: Oh oh yeah, well that bride needs to shove it was. I'm in that scenario, Katie, and you bring it up. Hey, I'm thinking of getting a pizza. I got a three word answer for you, sausage and onion.
Speaker 2: And one word response done. Thanks, guys, you're a lot of help.
Speaker 3: Well, I guess that's it.