Speaker 1: Well, we have come in to your city. Don't a way I gets hozan saying you a conscious cell, will all be entire high land a talen and if you want a little banging, a union and come.
Speaker 2: Along Dogress never comes from those satisfied with the failues of a broken system. It comes from those who want to fix the broken system.
Speaker 1: Running as an act is political. And you know who taught me that, Tim Walls. The first thing he told me was that running is a privilege.
Speaker 3: In being a part of the running community is a privilege. In the year.
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty five, in America, we are now living in an oligarchic form of society.
Speaker 1: Freedom is back in style. Welcome to the revolution. We have come.
Speaker 2: In to your city.
Speaker 1: Doing the way I get thousand saying you a conscious silt.
Speaker 2: The New Sean Hennity Show, more the scenes, information on freaking news, and more bold inspired solutions for America. All right, thank you, Scott Shannon, and thanks to all of you for being with us. Write down our toll free telephone number you want to be a part of the program, White Smoke.
Speaker 1: I believe they didn't give us the final number.
Speaker 2: It was either the fourth or fifth vote the first was it the fourth or fifthland, I don't remember.
Speaker 1: It was the fourth, all right, on the fourth vote.
Speaker 2: And it can happen anywhere between two and usually fifteen. And anyway, we have a new pope that has been selected, the first American born pope graduated from Villanova. He's been elected pope and his name is Robert Prevost and he has taken on the name Pope Lee the fourteenth. A very interesting background. And you know half of the Christians in the world are Catholic. Did you know that, Linda, I did not know that. Yeah, half of them. Born in Illinois nineteen fifty five. Pope Leo the fourteenth graduated from Villanova bachelor's degree in math nineteen seventy seven. A member of the Augustine and I know I'm not saying that right religious order, elected the top leader of the order twice. In an article about Pravos's selection as cardinal, the former head of the province of Saint Thomas of Villanova referred to him as.
Speaker 1: As our brother Bob.
Speaker 2: After Villanov he studied a Catholic theological union in Chicago, was ordained a priest in nineteen eighty two. Before he was named a cardinal by Pope Francis in twenty twenty three. He had held other previously high positions, though, and Boast had been a leading candidate except for his nationality. Interestingly, it had been a long, you know whatever taboo against the US pope, given the geopolitical power already wielded by the US, I guess in the secular sphere. But anyway, Prayvost, it's just interesting. It's just the whole thing was interesting to watch unfold. I will tell you the years in the Catholic Church for me, twelve years of Catholic school were very, very good for me. Gave me a good spiritual foundational It's so much that I like about the Catholic Church. The thing is that the few criticisms. I'm not going to bring him up on this day, but he's a brilliant guy. He has a doctorate in canon law that he got in Rome at the College of Saint Thomas Aquinas. Two decades he served in Peru and became a naturalized citizen, and prior to that he served, you know, in many different capacities and directly for Pope Francis.
Speaker 1: You know, a.
Speaker 2: Lot of people are interested in there were basically three groups. It's kind of like everything everything's political, right. There were those that were deemed more conservative, those that were deemed more in line with Pope Francis. So I thought it was very liberal, too liberal for my liking to be very blunt, and I won't go through the whole conclave. If you want us know how conclave actually works, go watch the movie. People that actually have been through it'd say that process now, it has a kind of bizarre ending to the story, but putting that aside the actual process is kind of akin to what really happens. We do know he has said some things on some controversial issues we know. The New York Times reported in twenty twelve he indicated that pop culture created quote sympathy for beliefs and practices that are at odds with the Gospel. In a speech to bishops, he referred to the homosexual lifestyle and alternative families comprised of same sex partners and their adopted children. On immigration, he it's interesting as a bishop in Peru had him work with a lot of immigrants, and for The New York Times he was praised in the country for efforts to support Venezuelan immigrants. Not talking about the US, but I believe you're talking about Peru. In that interview, the Newsweek could not confirm any details of his position on any of the conflicts, for example, going on around the world of Russia Ukraine. Pray boasted, you know, long standing ally of the Pope Francis who's just passed, and we'll see. I don't think anybody will be as influential as Pope John Fall the second, but you know, you have high hopes. I think the world does need a spiritual reawakening in many, many ways. And that's just my own personal opinion. The President congratulated Pope Leo on a selection and said it's such an honor to realize that he is the first American pope. He said, what excitement, What a great honor for our country. I look forward to meeting Pope Leo the fourteenth. There will be a very meaningful moment for the President. I don't think a lot of people know that the President, I can tell you firsthand, is way more of a believer than people might think. Well, Hannity, what about all the alleg I don't want I just please, I can't take it anymore. Your hatred is getting old and predictable. But it was, it was just It's just a fascinating moment in history to watch. And I found myself in the middle of my my, my prep routine today watching way too much of it.
Speaker 1: Linda, did you find yourself doing the same thing.
Speaker 3: I mean, the process is very interesting. You know, some of the morning of you know, the previous pope and putting him to rest. I thought those were a little strange As a Catholic, I was like, Eh, that's a little weird. But watching the people gather today and he actually spoke the Abbe Maria and I just I don't know, there were certain things I really liked. I'm not the biggest fan of him just yet. We'll see.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, you mean there's a chance he might end up on the hate list in the backsliding.
Speaker 1: We'll get to that later.
Speaker 3: He might be a woke pope.
Speaker 1: We shall see.
Speaker 2: I don't think that there's no indication will be a woke pope, no indication at all. The other big news of the day. We will spend a lot of time on this. The president. And let me backtrack a second here, not to say that I told you so, but all the handwringing and all the skittishness on Wall Street and all of the overreaction because Donald Trump did what Donald Trump was elected to do. He ran as a disruptor and iconoclassed, won the chatters illusions, and he challenges old ways of doing things. You know, look at the Iron Dome, look at energy dominance, deporting illegal immigrants, building a wall, the Ukraine Mineral deal. Everything he does is out of the box. And most everything he thinks about doing is big, like peace in Europe, at the peace in the Middle East. I know there are people that just want him to fail, just so they could say, oh, you failed, you failed. Well, at least he at least he's in there taking a shot and taking a swing. He's up at bat And everybody was freaking out, Oh, there's not going to be trade deals. And I kept saying that just be patient. This is fifty to sixty years of establishment, institutionalized ways of doing things. And he said, no, it's it's no longer time for America to allow systemic ripping off of our country and being abused and being treated unfairly by countries friend and foe alike. And that's when he announced this big trade deal with the United Kingdom today. I can't think of a more appropriate day, by the way, for him to have done this. What is it the eightieth anniversary, I believe of the end of World War II. I think it was the perfect day to do it. Interestingly, even China now is at the table. The deal with Great Britain that he announced today will open up British markets to plenty of American farm products, chemicals, machinery. The presidents said beef, beef, ethanol, agricultural products are going to flood into the UK. The British also agreed to drop non tariff trade barriers. In return, the UK will see new business partnerships with major American companies and receive relief on sector specific tariffs. US tariffs on British cars will be reduced, you know, from twenty seven point five percent to ten percent for a quota of one hundred thousand British autos, and steal an aluminum terrace will be slashed as zero. You know, if the President didn't try that wouldn't have happened. I reported to you yesterday. You know, the widely watched Atlanta Fed. The Atlanta Fed has a lot of credibility. And we reported yesterday two major developments. The first was Goldman Sachs and the Atlanta Fed had both increased the GDP growth projections of the second quarter to over two percent. And what was interesting about it is Goldman revised their growth projection from negative three tenths of one percent to two point four percent.
Speaker 1: That is a massive adjustment.
Speaker 2: The same day, the Atlanta Fed increased their GDP projection from one point one to two point two. They doubled it. This morning, the Atlanta Fed raised it even higher. They came out with a new GDP production projection for this order are two point three percent. Now this GDP new model estimate for real GDP growth in the second quarter. Maybe they're maybe they're finally paying attention to what's been happening. Eight trillion dollars that has been committed to manufacturings in the next four years is gonna is real.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: We announced last night on Hannity the President is leaving Monday. I will be on that trip reporting.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Going on the trip, We're going to be broadcasting Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday next week from Saudi Arabia and Riad.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: We'll we will be in Doha, We'll be in Katar Uh. Then we're going to the UAE and Abu Dhabi and we'll be broadcasting from all three of those countries. We're going to try and bring you a a front row seat into what such a big trip is all about. One of the biggest issues is, you know, look at the investment. The UAE has committed one point five trillion dollars in investment in manufacturing in the US, Saudi Arabia one trillion dollars. Lindsey Grammill join us later says, you know this, this is the future of business, and they want to be in business with the United States. Now, one interesting other thing, you know, people I would expect after this United Kingdom announcement today that there are going to be other countries. Now I know for a fact, because I've talked to the people involved, that there are other countries that are we're very close to announcing trade deals with. And you know, when you couple that with the eight trillion in committed investment between business and other countries, when you couple that with with the specific industries that are investing, it's good for national security. Like we've got to build, we've got to manufacture our pharmaceuticals in this country. We've got to We've got to manufacture our chips in this country. We can't be reliant on China. They're not a reliable partner for these these items. We have automotive manufacturing. As the President said, we want to make our cars here in America. Now we can partner with other countries and their car companies like Honda, Nissan, Hyende, you know, have all made deals to manufacture their cars and get their parts from America. Great, that's good for American workers. And with people being deported, that's going to be less competition for high paying career jobs. As a story today, we'll get to that about how young kids in high school are being recruited to be trained in the trades and they're starting pay is seventy grand a year. It makes you really want to rethink college at that point, because you know that article I've referred to now a few times about the next generation of millionaires are going to be tradesmen. Now, in the lead up to Scott Bess and the Treasury secretaries meeting in Geneva with China representatives, well, it's interesting. It seems like an olive branch to me. Boeing announced that they received orders for more than a dozen wide body jets from China's state owned airline, and that order is apparently a calculated gesture of goodwill from my interpretation, ahead of these negotiations. On Saturday, and Boeing announced that China Airlines has become the newest seven to seven seven customer, with an order of ten passenger and four freight airplanes. In addition to the firm order, the airline has options to purchase nine more seven seven sevens. Last month, another Chinese airline delayed the delivery of a wide body aircraft from Boeing. The delay was suspected to be part of the non TERRORFF counter measure. I don't think it's an accident that it's happening just before this this meeting is taking place in Geneva this weekend. But of course, if you look at the mainstream, you know, state run legacy media mob and just their classic maneuver. You know, the New York Times continues to push the Trump recession hoax. While admitting and the data shows that the economy's healthy, they just contradict themselves, and jobless claims fell more than expected. And Doug Bergram is warning that the US could suffer widespread Biden blackouts because of the over alliance on green energy. What's stupidity between that and what Sean Duffy inherited. I can't believe what Shawn Duffy's telling us. They they haven't updated a thing that's wrong. I see that the New Post. I'm sorry, Pope Prevost apparently has been critical of President Trump, and on the issue of immigration, that's pretty disappointed.
Speaker 1: Does he not know?
Speaker 2: Do people not know how many Americans were murdered and raped and victims of violent crime because we don't have open borders? He says, there's nothing remotely Christian American are morally defensible about a policy that takes children away from their parents and warehouses them in cages. I hope somebody might tell the new Pope that the kids in cages happened under Obama and then later under Biden, because I've got the video to prove it, and nobody's taking children away from their parents. I mean, it sounds like he's been indoctrinated into the liberal way of thinking, although he is. In twenty twelve, we had a different position on the issue of gay rights. But well, it's it's fairly predictable. This is the churches has been leaning more left wing, more left wing. Once tried to criticize JD. Vance as well for talking about Americans. You know, love God with all your heart, and your neighbors yourself. The neighbor's the person next door, not the person in another continent. I twenty five now till the top of the hour, eight hundred and nine to four one Shawn Isson number. You want to be a part of the program, all right, we have a Memorial Day, fourth of July. It's going to be here before you. You know, flash your eyes, blink your eyes. And I hope you have your American flag. And we live in the greatest, single best country God gave man. It is for sure, we truly do and we're truly blessed. And you know what, I'm proud that I have my American flag. I just got it and I have. By the way, if you're gonna get a flag, maybe not made in China right now, you know, you don't want an overseas made American flag, you know, with freight edges, poor quality. You want a durable flag, a high quality American flag, one that will truly honor the day in every way imaginable. One that was hands sown right here in the USA, in Charleston, in South Carolina. I love our friends in South Carolina and by true patriots, people that love our country. And I'm talking about Allegiance flag supply and I'll be flying mine. As a matter of fact, Sweet baby James just put it up. He just put it up. I find out in the wrong location. Can we change the location now so people can actually see it?
Speaker 1: Anyway?
Speaker 2: You still have time to get yours before Memorial Day. Now you need to know that is their biggest month. But you still have time to get yours before Memorial Day. It look our flag is to be revered. So many people fought, bled and died fighting under that flag, a flag that you know you can be proud of. And it's a great gift for family members with Father's Day coming up, in Mother's Day coming up, with the military members of your family, they would love this. Every part is American made, hand sown right here in America, handcrafted Allegiance flaged. You're not going to find them at any box store. The only way to get one is to go to their website. It's show Allegiance one word dot com, Show Allegiance dot com, use their promo code Hannity and you'll get free shipping show Allegiance dot com today and you won't regret it. I did mention, well, it is a little bit disappointing. Apparently the new pope, which is I guess now, Pope Leo the fourteenth, whose name? Who's they come out They tell you that his his the name he was born with in this case Robert Prevost and he take he's taken on the name Pope Leo the fourteenth. But apparently he has been critical of even though it's the first American pope of President Trump and his immigration policies and very similar to Pope Francis. And I'm not really I really have a hard time understanding it, to be honest, I don't want to get too critical on this day where so many Catholics are happy, and but I wish popes would focus on the mission of of you know, helping people find salvation in Jesus and understand the mystery of the Eucharist and and the history of the Church, and and you know, understanding that human beings are mind, body, and soul, and focus on the sole part, not the politics part. But in one thing that he retweeted that there is nothing remotely Christian, American, or morally defensible about a policy that takes children away from their parents and warehouses them in cages. Now, you might recall we tried to get in the middle of COVID in early in Biden's term. They were allowing in all of these unvettered illegals, and they were putting all these kids in cages, and we sent Sarah Carter and our cameras down to get images of it, and we would denied access. And then Senator Ted Cruz was given access because he is a US senator, and I asked him if he'd take videos and share them with us, and that's how that's how those images were made public anyway, and nobody is taking their children away from their parents. And under Joe Biden, we're still missing three hundred and fifty thousand kids.
Speaker 1: That came into this. We don't know where they were.
Speaker 2: We don't know where they are, I mean, we don't know how many of them might might have been, you know, sold into sex slavery for crying out loud and sex trafficking because we know that goes on and on anyway. Also, apparently the new Pope has previously shared an op ed from the National Catholic Reporter entitled jd Vance is wrong. Jesus doesn't ask us to rank our love for others, following comments that the Vice President made on Fox News in February.
Speaker 1: I don't know if this was an interview with me or not. I don't recall.
Speaker 2: During the interview, Van said, there is a Christian concept that you love your family and your neighbor, and then you love your community, and then you love your fellow citizens, and then after that prioritize the rest of the world. He's basically saying love everybody. Why is that controversial? Anyway, the New Catholic Pope shared an op ed saying Van's was wrong. Now, both the President and the Vice President have gone out very publicly and congratulated the new Pope. In his position, what is the Bible is very clear, love God with all your heart, mind, body, and soul, and your neighbor as yourself. Okay, your neighbor the first your neighbor is the people you come into contact with every day, and that that would if you have to love your family those are the people your your number one responsibility is to take care of your family, but you got to put God first in your life.
Speaker 1: Okay, I agree with all of that.
Speaker 2: But then the people that you're most likely to need to show the most loved to are your family, your neighbors, your co workers, your community, your country.
Speaker 1: And there's nothing wrong.
Speaker 2: And jd Vance says that then you know, he goes on to say, and then then you help people around the world, the.
Speaker 1: American people the most generous people on earth.
Speaker 2: I'm not really sure you know how this ends up, to be honest, it just sounds like more of the same, very in line with Pope Francis. With all that said, I it was, it was. Actually it's a special thing to watch knowing that half the world's Christians are are Catholic. But I will tell you overall, for me, the Catholic Church has served me well in my life in many many ways, more than I can even list, because I learned. I learned that, I learned about God and the Bible, and it was instilled in me. My parents made me go to church. My parents were very devout and and until I was able old enough to be able to you know, get away. I went to the I went to the early mass. Dad and I went early Meanwhile he was sleeping. But then I then I went to Catholic schools for twelve years. I studied theology, I studied Latin. I went to Mass every day. I love the liturgy. I love the Eucharist. The last it is the re enactment of the Last Supper. You know, Jesus said, you know, take this bread, eat it. This is my body given up.
Speaker 1: For you, you know, gave thanks some phrase. Took the cup of wine.
Speaker 2: This is the cup of my blood, the blood of the new and everlasting Covenant. It'll be shed for you and for all men, for the forgiveness of sins. Do this in memory of me, which is why the Mass does that. And when you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim that the death of Jesus as your Lord and Savior, sent by God himself, the son of God, to reconcile man and their sins, original sin. We're all sinners, all of sin and fallen short. That's the whole concept of it, which is in itself great, you know. But we're as long as I'm on it, I might as well stay here but my disagreement is over you know, eleven of the twelve apostles were married. I learned that in theology in high school, and so Jesus chose married men or men to be married that would be married, and they were Hisscils has chosen twelve and the first what eleven hundred and twelve hundred years I don't remember exactly priests were allowed to marry in the church, I think at that moment. And then the motivation for changing that policy was probably rooted in the fact that the church it probably had to do with financial issues. Everything I've read indicates that it does, and that the church didn't want to lose money, you know, with a divorce. I guess pre nups were on his common back then, pretty common now. And but my point is, at that point, I think you took the potential, the pool of potential priests down to a very low, negligible level, and that means that the standards then would be reduced. You're not having people compete, you know, and having you know, instead of hundreds of thousands of applicants. You know, now maybe you're down on with hous it and pretty much if you have a beating heart. That means you're the odds are pretty high that you'll make it, and so and and Sadly, it did attract some some of the wrong people. And then the church, unfortunately, rather than deal with the scandal's head on, they at the local level, the parish level, the bishops, the cardinals, you know, and all the way to Rome, they never dealt with it appropriately. In my view, that's that's that's where I feel the church went wrong, not on any of the other things. You know, it's interesting. I'll give you a little bit of background, Linda. If I'm getting boring on this, tell me you're not answering, you're not giving me. You're not giving me affirmation of saying enough is enough? Right, I'm sure it was such a big part of my life.
Speaker 3: Hey, you let us on a cliffhanger, and I think it would be interesting for the audience to know that you went to seminary and did all the things.
Speaker 2: Okay, So the Catholic Church is founded on Jesus asking his apostles, who do you say that I am? And he asked Peter, remember it was his name was originally Simon, And he said, oh, no, I'm going to call you Peter.
Speaker 1: It was a big part of, you know, the biblical story.
Speaker 2: And and Peter was fishing when Jesus met him, and he didn't catch a single fish. He said, drop you a net one more time, and he had more fish. He was able to pay off his debt. And then he said, you know, follow me, and I'll make you fishers of men. But the whole premise of the Catholic Church is founded on this scripture where you know, Peter, who who do you say that I am? And he said, you are the Christ, you are the son of the Living God. And Jesus's answer was, well, bless and blood didn't reveal this to you, Peter, My father revealed that unto your heart. And it's upon this foundation that I shall build my church, and the gates of Hell will not prevail against it. Here's the interesting side of it. When I studied theology in Latin, Peter means petros, which means rock. And upon they took it Peter the man the rock would become the foundation of the church. I took it very differently. My interpretation is my own, so take it for what it's worth that Peter understood who Jesus was because flesh and blood didn't reveal who Jesus was to him. That God the Father did. And it is upon the foundation of having a direct relationship with God and inner revelation that Jesus, Jesus's church will be built. Inner discernment called the conscience, it's called the soul. You know, how many of us, in the course of our lives, when you do something wrong, you know you're doing something wrong. You know you listen to the wrong voice, or you know, as you get older and more mature and more mature spiritually and more disciplined in life, than you make the right decisions. That's part of you know, gradually graciously abandoning the things of youth. So I think the spiritual component was way more important than than Peter the Rock, the Pope, Petros and so on and so forth. All right, was that worthwhile or not?
Speaker 1: Of course it was.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think you have a background. You know, you're basically a theologian. You know, you have a very very strong background, and you have obviously you know, you've been committed to, you know, the word of the Lord for a very very long time. And it's amazing. I don't think a lot of the audience knows.
Speaker 1: That I don't talk a lot about it. I don't proselytize in life. I messed up too much of my life. I was too much.
Speaker 2: I was so freaking incorrigible in my youth that I you know, I have no right to tell anybody what to do.
Speaker 3: To be very honest, nobody has anybody the right to tell anybody what to do. You know my.
Speaker 1: Backsliding.
Speaker 3: I'm not backsliding.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I'm more of a standing still kind of gal. I like the peloton.
Speaker 1: You know, a nice brisk card. But you have but you have a hate list I do. I hate a lot of people. Love God, love your neighbors. All you say.
Speaker 2: He didn't say anywhere in the Bible to hate anybody. He said to forgive people seventy times seven, that just never stopped forgiving them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not in math. I'm a media.
Speaker 3: You know I'm doing my best.
Speaker 2: You just you've become a liberal when this topic comes up, because you no you met, you rationalize and make excuses like liberals do.
Speaker 3: No, it's the opposite. I'm not making excuses. I'm not rationalized.
Speaker 1: Forgive us as we forgive. I mean, if you want forgiveness.
Speaker 2: It's predicated on you forgiving those people on your stupid hate list that you cling to like manna from heaven.
Speaker 3: But I do like I don't. I'm sorry. I don't forgive pedophiles. I don't forgive murderers. I don't forgive rapists. I don't forgive people who hurt animals in any way, shape or form. I do not forgive them. I do not, and I hope that you know.
Speaker 2: Listen, you mentioned pedophiles. I don't think I can forgive them either. I might be with you on that part. You know, one of the most interesting things in Pope John Paul the Second's life that he did you remember he got shot. Everyone forgets that. Remember the guy that I forgot it tried to kill him? Okay, he went to prison to pray with the guy. Isn't that amazing?
Speaker 3: That's insane?
Speaker 1: Why is that insane? He's the pope, he's practiced. Well, yeah, but he's still human.
Speaker 2: So so if you were the pope and you somebody tried to assassinate your wanted to assassinate you, you wouldn't go visit them in prison, as Jesus instructed us to do. When I was hungry. You gave me food. When I needed clothes. You gave me clothes when I was in prison, you visited me. Her was you know, the hell with you and you're on my hate list?
Speaker 3: No, I'd be like, I got a guy, he's going to come visit you and let you know how I feel about this.
Speaker 1: I got a guy that's going to come there and get the crap out of you.
Speaker 3: Now you just saying I got a guy in cell block twelve, all it's going to come and say hi. His name is Frank stand By.
Speaker 2: I did not plan on talking about any of this. I don't know why where it came from.
Speaker 3: Regardless of all of this, I think it's beautiful to see that there's so many people of faith, you know, Christian's Catholic, you know, Praising.
Speaker 1: The served me well.
Speaker 2: It has served me so well in my life, and it gave me a foundation, and I'm grateful for that. Although now I consider myself non denominational, and it was. But it was nice to see. Although I wish this guy wasn't political. I hope he doesn't go there where Pope Francis did. All right, we have a lot going on around the world, not the least of which is the OLDI