Speaker 1: The Nick Gliser passers.
Speaker 2: Hello here, I am welcome to the show. It's Nick a Podcast. Thank you for listening. I'm here in Saint Louis. Brian is with us. What's up? Brian?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Did I? I told you? I want to go to see the sphere again? What it was?
Speaker 1: So it seems like you went to the superior show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was redeemed. I mean they should have just played the screens from the movie I saw Behind You too. It's like I'm learning, I guess that the screens are super expensive, and but that's no excuse Bono should have taken a pay cut to make the screens better. There's no way that Bono should have looked like been watched what like, there's some way in which they probably filmed themselves practicing and then watched it back and then like what's the experience like? And there's no ways. But but you know what, Yes, there is a way he was satisfied me because we're the only ones who weren't, So there is.
Speaker 1: That's the thing that's mind boggling. That's always the thing that's mind boggling about art. Does the amount of people who gobble up mediocrity like it's greatness.
Speaker 2: I they're dear people I love dearly who like things that I can't understand why they like it, and I have to ask them point for point, like and what was funny about this line of this person's thing? I like Anyaall sometimes see that she will like like someone's comedy clip, and I'm like, I want to understand where this light came from. It's no judgment, but like all the judgment right, Like yeah, I'm like, do you just want this person to like you or just being nice? Like is this like a friend? Do you actually think this is funny? And if so explained to me? Because sometimes I'm like, okay, yeah, I got it now, Okay, I just don't relate to that or I have taste, but anyway, so, I definitely art is subjective, but is it is it that I keep here? Like someone told me the other day, oh, because I was complaining about imposter syndrome right on the Girls Chat, Classic Ni classic Yeah, and Carlisle I believe, was like, that's like asking someone like you can't pick like the best color. There's no best color because everyone likes a different color. And I'm like, it's not like that to me it's not like that. There is there are things that are superior and there are things that are not. And yes you can very like there's some Noah's into heavy metal I or in death metal. I don't understand that at all, but I do understand there is a musicality to it that I don't grasp and therefore I'm just left out. But there's some stuff that is.
Speaker 1: Bad and appreciate, Like there's different types of art that you can still appreciate even though it's not your thing. But then there are some things that are just a bad version of the thing, poorly done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just I don't think it's really subjective because I think we can all all agree on who the best comedians are, like at least the Here's the thing is, some people think they're comedians that are great, but they have bad taste, and that's fine, And I guess it is subjective because they're allowed to think that's bad, but they're they're wrong if you're looking at it like a you know what I'm saying, Like all agree on the best comedians being Chris Rock, Dave Chappelle, John Mulaney, George Carlin, Like why why is that? Why do we all agree that if comedy is so subjective, why do we all agree pretty much across the board, Luis k Bilbourg, Why do we all agree that those are the best.
Speaker 1: Because we're a comedians. We agree No them on out of the street and they'll tell you that they're they're comedians, know their work or somebody like.
Speaker 2: But if they watch Gabriel Glaciers and they watch John Mulani back to back, I think, well, Gabriel is very good, though, but Gabriel's good.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what I'm saying. I can appreciate people who like Gabriel Glaciers because I can understand someone liking that. But there are some comedians or whatever. I don't think comedians that we should be talking about that because we're so intriguing mentioned in it. Yeah, but there are some comedians that are just terrible and you're like, how could you like this? How could you possibly like this?
Speaker 2: I just see that there's like, yes, everyone should be able to make art, but we shouldn't all be like it's all has the possibility to be the best. It's like, no, some of it's not. It's just going to be mid.
Speaker 1: As mid the.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's okay, to be mid, but it's also okay to call something mid. I don't have to act like everything has the potential to be so special and great when I just I just don't. I don't get I just will not whatever. I'm not going to fight on it. But the YouTube, back to the sphere. I just want to say what I saw and compared to YouTube and say that it was that YouTube is good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, one more thing. The one element that we're not including in this is that most people are stupid, and like that's why they like mid things. There's there's stupid they can't evaluate what they're seeing. I think fifty percent of the people who consume art are so stupid that they don't even have the capacity to evaluate something as.
Speaker 2: Good or that's kind of stupid I am because I'm pretty I'm not the smartest person. I'm not smart as I want to be, but I at least know that I'm not as smart as I want to be. I think I'm really grateful. It's maybe I mean not grateful. I know how dumb I am. I know my limitations and it's frustrating. But I think there's some people that are so stupid they don't even know how dumb they are, and that would be a fun kind of place to be in, is to hear big words and go, what the fuck is that? When I hear a big word, I go, how did I not know that word? I'm gonna look it up. I'm gonna learn it. I'm going to practicing execrable because that word is interesting to me. I want to sound learned, and so I practiced yesterday execrable execrable. I looked it up. I was like, it means bad, like discuss, like just the worst. Okay, yeah, yeah, I guess. But I had to like really focus on it. And I'm because I'm stupid because that word did not land. And some people. The guy that will use this word is just an intellectual who I listened to. He has a podcast with another guy and they just review music and there they use so many big words and they're so smart, and I'm like, these guys didn't need to try to learn exe execrable and they're just the kind of smart that it it just got in and they use the Another word that I used that they learned or that they taught me was oh god pre naturally pretinatal. Oh good word that what I'm still working on. That's today's word execrable.
Speaker 1: I got find it.
Speaker 2: It means like of like beyond just nature. It's like like unterwordly worldly.
Speaker 1: I believe.
Speaker 2: I think I could be wrong. That's the thing. I'll learn a word and then I won't know how to use it. But but I know, like there was a frustration yesterday of like, why can't I just be as smart as these guys. I've heard these words, why don't they stick for me in a way that I can pull them out at any time? And it was frustrating, And I like realizing that limitation in myself made me a little bit frustrated. But I think there's some people that hear those words and just go, I'm gonna set that out. That's not for me. And I don't care that I don't know it, And that's fine. I don't even think that it's a They don't even think it's a thing that they should know or that would make them be able to communicate better or seem more cultured or whatever it is.
Speaker 1: Like I just well, you know what, like that person, I love that person. They're a great hang. They'd throw you a great birthday party. They're probably gonna be really empathetic. I think people like that are generally they have their place. It's just not because you know, I think people who are like I think what you're describing is somewhat of like a perfectionistic quality. And I think people who like go with them.
Speaker 2: Don't who hear a word and don't care about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like, no, people who care about the words are perfectionists. And people who don't care just like whatever, and like those people are fun to hang out with.
Speaker 2: They don't take it personally that they don't know.
Speaker 1: Definitely not. And those are and those people can be fans, Like I mean, I guess I maybe I want to step back on what I said about everybody being stupid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe it's stupid. It's not a crime to be.
Speaker 1: Stupid, No, And I think maybe it just people have different strengths and weaknesses. But also when I think about everyone being stupid, I just pretty much think of the Internet and like just reading comments and like how dumb everybody is on on Twitter and on comments, and you know what, I honestly that's probably not that's probably not most of the population is even making comments at all.
Speaker 2: In November, I guess, Yeah, will it's it's it does feel disheartening to read Instagram comments, YouTube comments, which I don't really do so much of, but Reddit is where you go, Oh, people are still smart and really thoughtful. I feel like that. Yeah, And it's and it's not like just intellectuals on there or anything. It's it pretty much is just normal everyday people writing really interesting things and like using correct punk punctuation and stuff. And that's just like a that's about that's our education system. It's like, there are people that are capable of using commas in the right place and you're and your knowing the difference and stuff like that, and they just didn't get good teachers and so it's not their fault. But I will say about the the sphere thing was so awesome. It's called Postcard from Earth and it's pretty much about it's like a movie. It's a fifty minute movie by Darren Arnofsky. And I saw his movie that Jennifer Lawrence was in Mother I think, and it was terrifying. Yeah, it was really scary and like weird and crazy. So I was kind of like, what's this gonn swan Yeah, and oh yeah, and I saw the Whale and I didn't love the Whale, but I liked the way it was shot, and I was excited to see what he would do with this. It was so pretty, it was so stunning. There were breathtaking moments, like you know, it starts out there's an alien ship and these aliens that have like been cryogenically frozen. They're not aliens, sorry, they're humans, but they're on a spaceship and they've been frozen because the war Old ended, I guess, and they're waking up on this new world and they're learning about where they came from and it's called it was called the Earth, and here's what the Earth was about. So they take you through and then but at first, Brian, Okay, the screen was just a square, like the way you would see it a movie theater. That's all you were seeing. When the spaceship part was very.
Speaker 1: Small, a very small amount of the actual.
Speaker 2: Sphere big you know, like if you saw that big of a screen else. It was a huge screen, but it's like not using all the sphere screen. So I was like, are they doing this? And again, but it was beautiful the way they did it, because I was like whispering to Ryan Hamilton, who was in town in Vegas at the same time as me, and he went with me. I was like, they are not going to use the full screen. I go, I cannot believe this. I'm filming it for Chris and for you to be like, guess what they did to me for a fifty minute movie. But then all of a sudden they get to the postcard part. So it's like probably like five minutes of like the Square, and I'm like, fuck this. And then they get to the Earth and it and it opens up the whole thing and I go, here we go. And it was really nice that they teased it. Yes, because they left, they left something.
Speaker 1: Now you can appreciate, you can appreciate what you're seeing.
Speaker 2: It was really good. And then so then you're going over, like if you go to Vegas, you have to go see the show. And I'm not gonna spoil it for you because there's really nothing to spoil. It's just it's just scenic and monumental and moving and execrable, the opposite of execrable.
Speaker 1: Ine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's inexecrable. Uh, it's it is. It's not preternatural. It's all things that are happening on Earth and in nature, but not also not all in nature, because first thing, so they're going through like a tundra, and you go over these mountains and you're going through the Grand Camp, over the Grand Canyon, and you're kind of like and everyone like is gasping, and it's awesome. And then they're like, okay, well, then man came along and they're kind of telling the story of Earth, and man was inspired so much by the mountains and the tapestries of the forests and and and everything that they wanted to build more and in architecture they represented that that grandeur and in architecture. And then they take you inside cathedrals, which you're like, I don't want to go to a cathedrals just in the fucking rainforest. But then you're like, whoa, this is even cooler because you're in Notre Dame because you're also in a theater already, so the air feels the same as it would there, so it makes it easy for you to feel like you're there. And that was stunning. And they're in these mosques and they're in Notre Dame, and then and then they're like, okay, now we're gonna talk about animals. And then they have like a big elephant walk up to the camera and like get so close to you feel like you're about to be trampled. That was really cool. And then you're in a tornado at one point and the wind starts blowing and your seat's rumbling and your body literally my body was seriously like you need to get inside, like there was there was something going on in my nervous system that superseded my you know, consciousness. That was like you just run because it was it felt so real, it was so cool. It was so it was fifty minutes, but I will say it's a start time of two o'clock, didn't start till three, so just take your time getting there.
Speaker 1: What the fuck why?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I thought in Vegas things are.
Speaker 1: Like, yeahdophear not affiliated with the casino at all.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know that. But it didn't say anywhere on the ticket or like on the info that the movie wouldn't start till three. So I got there at one forty five and we just sat around, which was nice because I got to catch up with my friend Ryan. But that's a good thing about working in Vegas is that there are always other comics in town at other clubs or theaters. Yeah, Colin jos was there with SNL people. Oh cool, and uh, we were gonna go hang out with them after the show. But I'm just such a fucking pussy and lazy and like don't like after shows. I just want to go to bed. I just don't know what's happening to me. I went to Jason Moraz last night, and I had backstage passes, and I could have just gone and just said hi, yeah and gotten a picture. And I should have because I'm learning, like I've recently been having conversation about like how to move the dial now that your dial is up, where do you want to move it to? And what's what's the way to make a splash in this way? And like everything and this is I'm not depressed by this. It's just the way it is. It's about who you're around, and like who you're when you reach a certain level. It's about who you're friends with, and like, oh, she's hanging out with that person, that must mean that she's on that level and that that's interesting she must be And so there's a part of me that's like I want the picture just to set the story, but the story is I I'm I know Colin Josin, I know Jason raz and I don't need to tell anyone that. Can that just be my story without promoting it? I mean, I'm talking about it here, but I mean, like, I don't know, like, can't that influence who I am as an artist and maybe take me to the next level just by virtue of knowing them as opposed to like telling people I know them? Like does why does that have to be it? But it really is that, Like, yeah, there we were talking about. I was talking to someone about like what breaks an artist in terms of like a music artist, a pop artist, and every example was like and then she wrote a song about this guy that she was dating that's a famous guy. And then this other girl will we that song was about this guy, And I'm like, oh my god, the way girls are breaking in is like you have to date someone famous and write a song about them.
Speaker 1: Guys can do that too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and guys can too. I mean, like it's Taylor's old as time in Hollywood to just date someone and then suddenly you're elevated. But I just that's not an option for me right now at this point. And I'm not really interested in finding artificial ways of but.
Speaker 1: It's part of your job. I mean, as as a celebrity, it's part of it. It's like how people in offices hate doing like salesforce notes, but you just gotta do the salesforce notes. You have to post pictures of yourself with shack or else you're just gonna be diminished in the eyes of the of the Lord.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got like I missed an opportunity to be like, look who I'm hanging out with and I but I just don't even when I hang out with people, I always forget to get a picture and I'm like, was that just worthless that I did that? But it isn't like I just I don't know. I just don't know if I I'm not like sitting the game out or I don't think I'm better than the game because I understand it, and I do do things just for the sake of the story and because they'll be fun. Like for example, I am going to I think I'm gonna drive two hours after a show I'm doing in Michigan. Like I'm doing two shows in Michigan on Friday and Saturday coming up, and then on Sunday. I think I'm driving two hours to this like small town. I don't even know if it's a small town, but it's two hours away to a suburb to go watch this eight year old boy recreate the Eras concert in his backyard. He's like gone viral this week for like doing a really good Taylor Swift impression and hitting all the notes and being so into it. He was captivating. I mean I was. I was craving footage from this kid. Not because I'm like, Wow, a kid's doing it. It was just like this is good. His voice is good, his mannerisms are good. I want to see this, And so I wrote some comment. The people that posted the video, which is his neighbors, through the consent of his parents, posted the video. They're running the account and they're like, we're fans. We're gonna come see you in Michigan. And I'm like, bring him by. He can't see my show, but like, bring him backstage if he cares to meet Not that he would care, but I want to meet him. Sure, And they go he has a show that night? What show? And he goes, They're gonna put on an arast. He's gonna do the whole arass thing because they're just posting clips here and there, and I go, I want to go. I wish I could go, and she goes. We spoke to Kellen. He is willing to move the show to Sunday if you want to come, and I think I do. I don't really have that much time in my schedule to do things. But I was they were like, he can come to you and maybe you guys can perform something together. And I'm like, I don't want to make this about me. I don't want to use this eight year old for any kind of like video. I'm gonna be and I literally just want to go see Ara's tour through the lens of this kid, And yes, I am going to film it and document it because I just think it's funny. But that's the kind of thing that I'm like, I will go do that because it deepened my soul. It is what I want to do if there were no cameras around anyway, which is also I would like to meet Jason Maraz and hang out with Colin Jost. I just was tired and I had an early flight the next day, and last night I just I was like, I don't know. I'd also in me is like do they really want to hang out with me? And then that self doubt creeps in. I've never been someone with social anxiety, but I do understand when people are nervous about going to things that seem fun.
Speaker 1: Sure, the idea of hanging out with you is different than actually hanging out with you. It's like what's going to actually happen? What's going to fill all that time?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and last night I kind of had bo because I put on dealer Rent early in the morning and then I forgot to reapply and I smell myself on the way there. I hug him, and I mean, I use this stuff that Chris found called really Great, and you have to like stir it, oh interesting with a stick, and it's charcoal and it's totally natural and it makes you smell not at all. Like literally, it'll make you not smell for days if you want want application. But I kind of got off that train because you have to stir it and it sometimes dries out, and so I'm just back on like secret, like yeah, pretty much like secret. You know, no aluminum.
Speaker 1: I've been trying to get new deoderan because the deodorant that that's been that I used to use is no longer has discontinued, which is so annoying. I fucking hate why do people? Why do companies discontinue anything?
Speaker 2: Dude making it, I'm not kidding you, a staple of my diet, the like I eat this protein bar at least three of them a day, like their meal, like they just for me. I like eat protein bars like their meals like when I don't, it's I don't even want to say it because I don't want people to get on board. I don't want people to like.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think I can picture what it is because I.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I literally have. I can't believe they're discontinued, only because I should have kept them in business just with my one customer, I was eating three.
Speaker 1: A day equals.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you go through my Amazon thing, it's thousands of boxes. I've ordered these because I ate them for probably seven years now, yeap, And they got this flavor got discontinued. Fuck, And we went to all the grocery stores that carry it because Chris was like, no, we will not accept this, and I was like, Babe, they're gone, and I'm okay with it. Because this has happened as someone with an eating disorder who hyper focuses on certain foods. All my girls out there and guys that have eating disorders that's hyper focus on a certain brand or kind of flavor of something. You know it's going to be discontinued eventually, or they're going to change the flavor. It happens, and you get a move on to something else.
Speaker 1: They'll change the formula and then the thing you once loved is now shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or the packaging and it just looks different. Fuck is this like? This is even with every This is something with probably dozens of products for me. So yeah, you're you're we got to go to break but you're you're deodorant or you're on the lookout for a new one.
Speaker 1: I think I might have found a new one natural. It's all natural.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm telling you this purely great stuff that if someone's listening and wants to find adodo that literally makes you smell negative like no smell. It's a fucking miracle. No natural deodorants are like this. I We've never found one. Chris tried them all purely great. You stir it with a stick and you have to like ladle it on your armpit. But it works, It works real good. All right, we'll be back with more after this. So, Brian, you have been working on something that just got announced.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so related to this. Actually, I'm going to Vegas tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Oh nice?
Speaker 1: Yeah with uh? With Tim? Tim Dillon is doing shows in Vegas. I'm not opening for going.
Speaker 2: Where's he performing?
Speaker 1: The comedy club that's there? What's the comedy club called?
Speaker 2: I don't know. There's lots of them.
Speaker 1: Wise guys, is that right? I don't know. Yeah, but I'm now that you mentioned it reminded me that I should go to this fear and check out that show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's like four there's like four showings of it today. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it. It's really fun and like just a quick day and it's peoful and it was awesome. So yeah, go, so, uh you're going with Tim Dillon. Tim has a TV show coming out on a special coming out on Netflix, an election special, right. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well it's it's like a talk show. Basically, it's like a talk show comedy special that's based around the election, and instead of focusing on the candidates, it's focusing on the electorate and asking the question do we get what we deserve? And it's really like a resurrection of trash talk shows from the nineties basically.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, oh my god, where did those go?
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know, but we need.
Speaker 2: Because we are are We are already primed for them, because we grew up with them, We know the format, we can recognize it. And also who better to work in that kind of atmosphere and wrangle those kinds of people.
Speaker 1: But Tim Dillon, I mean, he's culmination of everything he's ever done. It's like the perfect vehicle for him.
Speaker 2: Good it's gonna When I saw the there was like a on on Reddit. I saw a post about like, we need audience members for this show, for this talk show, and we need you to be crazy, like it was asking for like unhinged people, rowdy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: And that's before the announcement came and I was like, what is And then I talked to another guy who's working on it and he kind of told me about it too, and I was like, this is perfect. And the greatest part about it is that if it's a shit show, which it sounds like it'll be, that's the goal. Yeah, you know, and Tim thrives in those environments. I just cannot wait to see this. Yes, I'll watch anything that man does, but especially this kind of just him him, He is just he's so he gets along with everyone. He has a way of being making everyone feel seen, everyone feel comfortable, making everyone feel funny and a pre shaated, while also sneaking in just like devastating critiques of people without them really noticing, especially if they're not the smartest and the quickest, Like he is just an ability to He's just so good. I can't wait.
Speaker 1: Is it's going to be amazing. I mean I said this in the pitch deck. I said, this will be the most accurate portrayal of America that television has ever seen. Ooh, I think it will be. And yeah, And there was a deadline article out yesterday and it was my first ever mentioned in an industry trade.
Speaker 2: You were in it, yes, yeah, first ever.
Speaker 1: Which is you know, I've been like a showrunner before, I've been EPs on things before, but I've never had a deadline article. Yes, and so this was a big moment for Team bry Oh.
Speaker 2: Deadline is everything in the business.
Speaker 1: That's like me getting a picture with Jason Moranz, like I need to do these things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you need that deadline. That is exactly what it is. It's currency in this business. I've always said, like the deadline article is probably a bigger splash then, honestly, like the poster for the show that you have coming out if you post it like yeah, or even the show itself, Like more people care about the deadline article.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm not exaggerating like it sounds like I'm just saying something to say something. I truly get more attention when I post a deadline thing of like I might be doing this show than when the show comes out. Without question, it's wild. So that's really exciting. And you're filming it in August filming it.
Speaker 1: We're filming it in August. And if you're bestie and you're in the LA area and you're interested in going to the taping, then.
Speaker 2: Dude, you gotta go. I would go.
Speaker 1: If I could go, message me on Instagram and I will forward you the link and then I'll just make sure that you're selected. You know, there's limited seats or whatever.
Speaker 2: But how intensely are you working on this right now?
Speaker 1: It's pretty intense. It's like, uh, it's I'm feeling it in my body like I I did not, like my wife Ali said, yeah yesterday, like she literally said, like, can you calm down, cause I'm just like pacing around the house like I'm on the phone like twenty four to seven doing the equivalent of yelling. But it's, you know, just me talking like when I'm when I'm amped up and I'm like doing like business chatter. It's it's always.
Speaker 2: Sounds like yelling upset.
Speaker 1: I sound upset, and I'm just on that mode. Like yeah, I'm just on that mode like probably like ten hours a day. And I didn't even realize like how amped I've been, Like I was, I was, I feel calmed, thick because I did some stuff to calm myself down over the last couple of days. But I've been like adrenaline fuel super amped, you know, my typical Like did just first of all, just recognize that, Like I didn't recognize I was like going out one hundred miles an hour super amped, And I didn't even realize how much stress I had until I was like, wait a second, I feel like I've been yelling for like fourteen straight days, going out one hundred miles an hour and I didn't even notice, and my wife had to say, can you calm down?
Speaker 2: Well, it's good you didn't notice that. I feel like usually you're have residual like pains.
Speaker 1: People, Well I did. I was like suffering through incredible amounts of pain. But that's just par for the course.
Speaker 2: What did you do? What did you do? You like, did breathing stuff or meditation or.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's like rounds from the DNRS program, which I've talked about before. I've done just like just being recognizing it, calming down, breathing. And then also I've returned to therapy for the first time. Oh, therapy again. I've done two sessions now with like a pain psychology therapist. Yeah, it's the same therapist I had six years ago. Great when I initially started and I stopped seeing her because I started doing the DNRS program. And let me tell you, it's really fascinating to resume a relationship with someone that you haven't seen for precisely six years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because pre COVID.
Speaker 1: Well, it's a long enough amount of time for like things to change in your life, but not so long that you're like, of course things have changed. Like if you see someone from high school that you haven't seen in twenty years, and they're like, I have kids now and I'm married and I work for this. Like you're like, of course you do, Like why wouldn't things have changed? But six years ago is close enough that you're like, oh, wow, that is surprising. So like, for example, when I first started seeing this therapist six years ago, I just started dating Ali. Oh wow, I didn't talk to her for six full years, and I get to say, by the way, oh, she said, are you how how is dating that girl?
Speaker 2: Ali?
Speaker 1: How did that go? Like she asked that question that basically yeah, yeah, she definitely checked her notes, and I was like, well, I'm married now to her in fact, Oh that's cool. Yeah, And it's just exactly, it's like a time capsule as opposed to like someone who I knew as a child in camp who's like, what are you doing now?
Speaker 2: Duff though that you were like, man, I haven't changed.
Speaker 1: A lot, yeah, I mean so far. Just like yeah, I mean I'm still like a suffering you know, and like that's annoying.
Speaker 2: I actually canceled my therapy session last I go every other week at this point because I've been doing pretty well and I canceled last week because I was like, I don't really have anything. I just wrote toward the day of I was like, I know I'm getting charged for this, but like, I just don't have anything that I need to like talk about or yeah or piece together or make sense of. And I know that's not what therapy is always for. It's just sometimes just good to do. But I'm like, I just I'm sorry. I just like she doesn't fucking care. But I was like, I'm I'm sorry. And then oh, immediately this and I was almost like, maybe I'll just stop, you know, like maybe in my life is perfect now and I don't have anything to complain about. And of course it creeps back in eventually, but it's kind of nice to have someone who's a little bit on call.
Speaker 1: But you don't you don't have to do therapy every week for the rest of your life, like it can be. Like, especially after you develop a foundation of concepts and tools you can use and an understanding of like what your specific deal is, you should be able to like take those tools out into the wild and use them and you can return to therapy whenever you want. You don't, you don't have to don't. You don't. You shouldn't have to rely on them for every week for the rest of your life. You should feel okay being like you know what, I'm good. Maybe you have to come back in a year or two, and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's just tough for I just think about their business model and like, okay, if I if I just go, actually, I'm not going to do this week, and I give her enough notice that she does. She has an open space, but she doesn't make money off of it. Like I've kind of fucked her over by being like I'll just pick.
Speaker 1: And it's like canceling Netflix and on watching everything in a month, then canceling it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like I feel well that I wouldn't feel bad about, but this on Like I'm just like she doesn't have time to feel like I just feel obligated to well.
Speaker 1: But it's not like you're just doing it for a week. I don't know why you feel that way, but it's not like you're just seeing her for a week and then bouncing. You're seeing her for like eight months a year. Yeah, and then you're bouncing for a long time and coming back. That's okay, Yeah, that should be expected.
Speaker 2: That's true. I just I do couples therapy too. I just can't do too much of it. It's just and I do voice lessons, like there's just some seems to be a lot of there's a lot of like talking about my limitations that I can only take so much of. And then I do this podcast and talk about him too. I just can only take so much every week. But I will say that I am creeping back into meditation because I had nice reminders of it. I'm reading Ian Carmel. Carmel, Yeah, he's a comedian writer, was writer on James Gordon for the whole time. I think he ended up head writer of it. But he is so funny. And he wrote this book called The Wet t Shirt Club, and it's about being fat, fat kid, fat fat adult and his experience with being fat and society's just they're drilling into our heads that it's wrong, and how he grew like growing up in the early two thousands, late nineties, how was just so bad to be a fat kid because that was like the punchline to everything. There was nobody acceptance, all the stuff. Yeah, fascinating read so funny, so funny, But then he kind of talks about how meditation is now a part of his self care program. And even just like reading that, I literally put the book down, was like, let me just try it for five minutes, like it really talked me into it again, and I was like, Okay, let me just do this. And then I'm kind of picking it back up. And then last night I went to see Jason Moraz and he was doing like breath exercises during the show with the audience. He was like, let's all take a deep breath, wow, and just let it out, and then he did. He was talking to us about just like being in the moment because he was talking about, you know that song that he has, that's the remedy, is the experience, this is the dangerous Liaison said. The comedy is that it's serious. He talked about that that song was written when he had just gotten a recording contract and his life was like blowing up and it was, you know, thirty years ago or whatever. And right when this happened, his best friend got diagnosed with leukemia and he was really having a struggle, like dealing with the fact that he was having this amazing moment and that his friend was having this awful moment and they both grew up in the same neighborhood. They drank the same water and like dated the same girl, Like how could this be happened? Like? And then he was telling his friend about this and his friend was like, man, I just I'm not gonna worry my life away, which is a lyric in the song. He was like, the remedy, the remedy is just living like it's being present. It's just living right now. It's not worrying about anything like the outcome. The remedy is the experience and being present. And that song, it just breathed new life into that song. And then he also had a funny thing that was like, let's all take a deep breath together right now and we all breathe in, breathe out, and he goes, okay, let's take a deep breath yesterday. Let's take one tomorrow. And we're all like what and he goes, Yep, you can't do that. All you have whenever you're worried about yesterday, whenever you're about tomorrow, take a deep breath and get centered in right now. And then he had another great affers, if that's the word, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know.
Speaker 2: That he said that his friend who he brought out on stage to sing with him. They wrote a song about be in your feet or be where your feet are, So if you're worrying about something and you're freaking out and you're like tripping out about the future of the past, look at your feet and just like be where your feet are. And that just fucking helped me last night too, because I was like kind of spiraling last night because it was an outdoor concert and there was kind of like rump. I wasn't getting good cell phone service, and there was definitely like a vibe in the air, like the irons on the air felt tornadoish, and there were storm clouds and there was thunder in the distance, and it's out in this area of Saint Louis that's really like flat land where it's almost tornado y. And I was like, oh my god, we wouldn't get tornado signal. Tornadoes come out of nowhere. Even weathermen can't really predict them. Our phones are not getting signals to even check the weather. And it's getting like blustery, and then and then I realized, oh my god, Okay, so then it was blustery, right, it was like windy, and I was like, oh my god, tornado's coming. And I was like, we should probably leave. And then all of a sudden, it got really calm and the and the wind stopped, and I was like, oh good, it's stopped. And then I go, wait a second, the calm before the storm. So I was like, oh my god. And then I realized nothing could happen in that moment that wouldn't allow my brain to convince myself that the tornado is coming. If it's calm, if it's windy, no matter what, a tornado's coming. And then he said the thing about be where your feet are, and I just was like, Okay, if I die in tornado right now, it's fine, Like I am away, I'm doing my best.
Speaker 1: To avoid that tornado. Your feet would go off the ground and you'd be floating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my feet, Oh, I would get probably bisected by a stop sign, and then my feet.
Speaker 1: Would be your feet would the ground You can't.
Speaker 2: Miles from where my body would be found. Yeah, it's so I just like I needed that reminder of like be present. And then also another thing that like kind of you know, I think we're always getting these messages and they just sink in when we need them. Have you seen Neil Brennan's latest special, the.
Speaker 1: One where he's had Yeah, yeah, well I haven't seen it. I listened to it while playing basketball, and I didn't.
Speaker 2: I listened to it too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I listened to it down two times of speed because that's just how I do things. And I was closing my eyes because I was trying to sleep, but I was like, let me put on something that's inspiring. I stayed awake the whole time. I thought it was fucking so good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought it.
Speaker 2: Was nearly every joke was like a closer level of joke in terms of just like I don't know acuity, and the just making me think about a thing in a way I never have, and like kind of like sending me off with a new perception of how I used to compare things. His comparison from female organisms to the uber app is worse than watching the whole special alone, because that was so fucking good and so on point. I love when an analogy isn't just for comedic's sake, but actually explains something in such a genuine way that you don't really have to stretch too far to make it fit. It was amazing, but he said in the special about all these influencers. You know, he calls them like I forget what he calls him, like like clasp hand, where they like kind of do this and they go hey man, and and a lot of them have the story of especially the women of like trauma and how like no one believed in me and I did it. And he's like, no one thinks about you. And I've heard that said before, and so at first I was like, where's this going, and he goes, there's no one sitting up at night being like, ah, I hope that bitch doesn't starts her own I hope that bitch doesn't start her own business. And that was so funny to me, because no one is thinking about you, even if you're someone in the spotlight, like they might comment shit, but they're not really preoccupied with you. And so my failures or my limitations are really only my own to fret over, and that is my own choice. And I don't really need to think about how I'm perceived, because yes I'm perceived, but it really I know this, but it doesn't really matter and it all amounts to nothing in the end. Ah, Oh were in my life? Oh, I was like, oh my god, yeah, we all in on too nothing. In the end, let's not fret about this stuff. But at the same time, work needs to be done, and the only way to get work done is to work.
Speaker 1: To be fair, I will say this there, I do have a list of about five to seven people who I do wish would not succeed in their own business. I think about that. I have about seven five enemies that I'm like, you know, once a week, I'm like, let me see what they're doing, really, really, absolutely absolutely five and five enemies who have done me wrong, who when when I see them fail, I go get what you deserve.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, well let's take that apart when we get back from the rank. Okay, So you have these enemies me like that you hope do not succeed because you probably think they're like not talented. They either they probably scorned you in some way, or I'm guessing they just aren't that talented, and you're like resentful of their success? Is that mostly it?
Speaker 1: No, No, these are no, I'm never resentful of people's success that have nothing to do with me. It's people who have actively hurt me in this business or in you know, that have done things that are like that. We were that conflicted with my goals. Yeah, and I go, if I ever get the chance to to sabotage you, I will, and if you ever fail, I will laugh. And if you succeed, I'll be upset. And you know what, I I could let go of that. I could let go of that.
Speaker 2: But I think I can help everyone with this. When someone you hate succeeds, just know that nothing lasts forever, and the only worst thing than not succeeding is when you succeed and then you lose it, which everyone will. No one just keeps succeeding, except like bezos, you know what I mean. Like, no one on have a downfall. Someone's business that everyone's talking about, or some recipe they made on TikTok and they're getting a bunch of attention or they post They're like some some girl from your group of friends who's like, has a following in some way and she thinks she's hot shit, She's a eventually gonna lose that in some way. Either she's not going to keep growing in the way she wants, or it's gonna stagnate and there's going to be a severe disappointment in herself. And I only know this because I've experienced it myself, and it's my own thing that I think about. The second I get anything, I always just think about when I'm gonna lose it, So just I think about that when I get jealous of other people, that they will lose it. Yeah, and that's soothing to me, because that hurts worse than maybe never even getting it.
Speaker 1: I mean, I just want to be clear, this isn't jealousy. This is just as pure animosity. For no, I get directed at these people that I just want to be a well yeah if they got things, and then I was like why, But even if they don't have things, I'm like, I just want you to fail. And I know this makes me sound like a bad person. I probably should really know, I should release myself of this anger, Like you know, when you it's like drinking poison and expecting it to hurt the other person. But no, I believe that everybody should have at least five enemies, and if you don't have five enemies, you're just not trying hard enough. You're not trying to succeed something wrong. Even know five.
Speaker 2: Enemies, I really can't think of a single enemy I have. Maybe I can think of some people, but I don't really wish them ill. I can think of some people I just don't want to run into because they cause me stress and I don't want to deal with their bullshit, and I know that they could suck me back in and like kind of ruin my life. And if they even it's almost like the way I felt in high school, where like there's some people like the class clown or the guy that the kid that makes fun of people's looks. I would just want to be invisible to that guy, you know. And that's kind of the way I feel about these people, is that I think they might know the truth about me, and I want to be very silent to them so that they don't call it out and make fun of me to other people or something. I think that's my my enemy. It's probably like someone like you that i've you know what I mean, Like the way you feel about these people is probably the way that they feel about me, Like I'm somehow wronged.
Speaker 1: I just want to be clear. When I have these enemies, I don't want them to get sick. I don't want them to be some tragedy to befall them I don't want them to be even sad. I just want them to specifically fail at the thing that they that's sad. Usually that's worse sick.
Speaker 2: I would rather be sick than fail at my career, honestly.
Speaker 1: I mean, but these weld it most people. No, I don't think so, okay, I ask.
Speaker 2: You this, Okay. The other day we were talking about the submarine. Yeah, the Spade has a joke about it where he's like, I missed that crazy little suck. He talks about it, and so we were talking about it, and Bobby U Miamoto, who opens for US in Vegas sometimes, he was there and he was saying, that's not like the worst way to die, because I was talking about how they probably actually died, which Bill Dixon, who you're working with on Tim Dillon's thing. Yes, Bill Dixon enlightened me to how the we all think the sub just like all of a sudden, it was like like and it just imploded and they died in a split second and they didn't even know.
Speaker 1: Mhm.
Speaker 2: But what's more likely and this is the thing I just it's almost like the human centipede where I've ruined it for my mom and now she can't get it out of her head. Yeah, like literally ear muffs for people if you want to not hear about a horrific death. But they probably lost power and started plummeting down nose diving, all alive. And then it was imploded as soon as it reached the pressure that it was going to have that pressure happen. But at first it was a lot of screaming and the toilet emptying to the bottom, and them all like all five of them kind of in the nose of it, climbing all over each other, screaming to death until it imploded. Noisy, and that sounds horrific, right, But then Bobby was like, that's I mean, in the scheme of things, it's not the worst. I go, how is that not the worst? And he goes, It's better than dying of like some kind of long term cancer. And I'm maybe I'm naive, but I would take long term cancer. And I don't have any experience with it, not even like close personally people in my life that have died of cancer. It was pretty quickly. I just don't know that I would ever. I don't know that I could choose the submarine over that.
Speaker 1: I just don't like to think. When people ask like hypotheticals like this, I just say I don't want to answer this question.
Speaker 2: To answer, oh yeah, you sit these out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like yeah, I remember someone.
Speaker 2: That's like me, asking like ranking Taylor Swift stuff. I'm like, no, no comment, not gonna. No song is better than the other, No one is worse.
Speaker 1: Everything's great, thinking of thinking of way as you possibly die as like my Taylor Swift. Yeah, it's like the opposite.
Speaker 2: Oh you went, No, you are obsessed with it, like you don't think about it.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Anytime you have free time, that's what you do.
Speaker 1: With it pretty much.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Someone one time I was at like a Christmas party or something, and someone was like, uh, what would you rather have happen? Have your hands cut off or your feet cut off? And my answer to that was, what the fuck is wrong with you? That was my answer.
Speaker 2: Well, that person probably was struggling with social anxiety and had looked up some fun or No.
Speaker 1: It wasn't like that. It wasn't we were friends, we're friends. This was It wasn't like some stranger came to me and Greg though his name was, it wasn't Greg.
Speaker 2: I think I would rather that's a really tough one. I think that's interesting.
Speaker 1: These are these I don't want to think about question.
Speaker 2: But also thinking about things like makes them happen. Like I had a oh my god, I had a vision the other really horrible vision. I've been having, like almost final destination vision.
Speaker 1: You're doing this twisters thing out in theaters now, by the way out.
Speaker 2: In theaters now, and there's no romance in it. Not interested if Glenn Palell's not making out. I don't want to see it. But actually we are excited to see it. Chris and I we're pal heads. But I have been visioning and envisioning these horrific things, which is not something that I my mind would usually go to and I s and then I try to like shake it off, and I go, god, I don't want that. But then I also have been looking so much into manifestation stuff and visualization and how that can help it happen that I'm like, what the get this out of my head now?
Speaker 1: And it's making it worse.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's making it so worse. Final thought. Yesterday, Okay, so I got a I got a new car, right, I'm leasing a Mercedes three point fifty e q E electric car Formatic. It's amazing. It's fast, it has like a light show inside. I can make it pink. It's like a tailor swift car. It has a white interior, it's black on the outside. It's beautiful. It's so fucking cool. It has like the body of an MG or an AMG. It is the wheels, it's it's like so interesting and unique. And people have said nice car to me when I drive past. But it's not like over the top. It's not like the one I was driving the AMG. I was driving around that lots of noise, and it's not chrome. It's just it just is. Fuck it. It's the best car. I'm so happy with it. Chris really helped me find it. He set it up so that they just dropped the car off it to me. I signed some papers. I didn't have to stay there all day. Beautiful. I've had this car for a week. Yesterday. I have a garage on my apartment building. When you enter the garage, you have like a little key card up in your rear view mirror or a it's supposed to like stick on your windshield, but I always have to wave it because it doesn't the sensor doesn't connect. But I also a tint on my mom's car that I was driving before, so we would wave it. Chris goes, you don't have to wave it this time. Keep it up in the flap and when you drive up, if you get close enough, it will sense it. So he showed me a couple times. As we were driving it. I was like, Oh, that works. I tried it yesterday morning and I'm like, I have to get too close. This is making me nervous. I'm just gonna like pull it out and wave. It worked, okay. So I got in and I go, I'm just gonna go back to waving it. This is too risky because I have before with my mom's Lexus gotten too close the garage door opened and it like flipped the license plate, like bent the license plate and caught the license plate. So I was like, not gonna do that again. But I didn't really think of like what could happen on a different car or like in a different way. And Chris had never had this happen to him. So Chris is driving my car yesterday home from the mechanic where we had brought my mom's car to have that license plate unbent, among other things, before we return it back to them and driving my new car home, we get to the garage and Chris is not taking it out of the visor because he knows that he can get close enough that it will sense it. He's getting really really close close, and then all of a sudden, the garage opens great, and then there is a snag and there is an explosive sound, and it rips my front bumper. Oh off, cracks like the salac like beautiful coating that's on the front, rips off the Mercedes logo. The Mercedes as if I was in the movie Twister flies up. There is shrapnel all over. It's like five different pieces flying so violently in there, crashes.
Speaker 1: Down on what the fuck this happened?
Speaker 2: Rips dude, it's and Chris is like, he is good with machines. He knows how to use them, he knows how to wield them. He is in touch with them. He does not make mistakes. He is someone who is so good about treating things and machinery and objects and pieces of art and arc and structure with such respect. And he he just goes, oh my god, and I go, It's okay, it's okay, it's okay. He goes, no, no, He gets out of the car. He looks at it and he just holds his head like oh no. He falls to the ground, is cradling his head and is like catatonic, like cannot speak, just going I'm so sorry, Oh my god. I'm just in the passenger seat and I refuse to get out because I don't even want to see the damages.
Speaker 1: It's fine, it's the least. It's yeah, and leases are sacred.
Speaker 2: I don't even know.
Speaker 1: I just like I can understand his reaction because I grew up with when dealing with leases, people drilled into my brain that nothing bad can happen to a least car, or you'll pay seven hundred thousand dollars though oh we'll never be able to drive again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm glad that did not get in either of our heads because he I think was just like, this is going to cost us a lot. But I don't think it was about the lease. It was just about and he's just embarrassed that he'd made this dumb error.
Speaker 1: But he is. The damage is so comical, but he.
Speaker 2: Will not like get off the ground, like I am seriously sitting there for like probably ninety seconds with the dog in my lap, going babe, yeah it's okay, and he's just like no, no, and nearly in tears. I'm so sorry. I'm so glaze. Oh god, he can't even like make words. It's like, I, this is is the wor and I go I'm like, it could be so much worse. We could have gotten into a collision, We could have the dog could have gotten run over. Like a million accidents happen all the time, accidents happened to everyone. This is a relatively funny fine one. Yeah, it's gonna cost a lot of money. It's embarrassing. It's unfortunate because this is a brand new car. And I never have nice things. And we had just literally a minute before this, we had just listened to Taylor Swifts this is why we can't have nice things. And I was like scream singing that, and he was just so sad. He collected all the pieces, he put the back in the car. We drive into the garage just silently and he's just like, I can't believe this. I can't believe this. And we get out. I'm like, I'm not even gonna look at it. I'm with the dog. The dog is so alarmed by Chris, Like the dog is in tune with us, right, and so the dog knows something is fucking wrong. Even though I'm staying calm, I'm not expressing. I'm just like grateful that it's I'm like, in the scheme of things, we would be begging for this to happen. If any other accident happened that's worse than this, we'd be like, God, I wish the front of my car was ripped off by the garage. I was like, it's this, This is a blessing, I promise you, and we'll laugh about it someday. I'm trying to make light of it. And then the dog runs under my car to hide from the anxiety that it feels in the air. Itally felt the ions change and takes. The dog's never like hid from us because it's scared or anything. And it's not like Chris was like throwing things. He was just like so sad that the dog like didn't want to be a part of it. So we just like coax the dog out of the under the car and collect all the pieces. And Chris is just like he used to get on a call within three minutes to like go a zoom call that he is for work and he's just I hear him on there, just telling the story and just being like and he just can't stop apologizing. And I just have to say, I'm very proud of myself because I did not care at all, and I know that speaks to the fact that I have money and it's Money's not a but it does. Money is something to me and it is going to cost money. And we had just gotten done with this where I was like, you know what, I want to get to a point where my money is Chris's money, and like, if he wants to spend something on something stupid like it, it should come out of my money, because like we're a partnership and he helps me be better and if he doesn't make a lot of money or enough money and what he does to live the life that I want him to live. Then we'd just gotten done talking about it, and I was like, I think you should pay for this one, but but no, that's what I was like, No, I'll pay for it. It's fine because your mistakes are my mistakes. Is what a partnership is. I forgive you. I think even max verst st I was like, Babe, max Verstappen would have made the same mistake. He was like, no, that guy knows every he would have studied the car. He would have studied And I was like, no, no, he wouldn't. Like this is not because you're a bad driver. You can still do F one. But I was proud of myself that I did not do what my mom or my dad I think would have done. Situation, which is why did you Why do you think that you can just drive up to the thing and you you think you could get that close? Why can't you just take it out of the damn visor and and shake it? Why do you always like I just knew what my mom would be saying, and like they you know, I think people so often just want to find a blame of like why did this happen? And why did you ruin my thing? And I went to my girl's chat and I was like, I'm really proud of myself because I did not blame him. I didn't care. I forgave it immediately. I was like laughing about it, It will be okay. And I think that is something I wish more people. I think I was just doing the golden rule, because when I make mistakes, I just want people to be easier about it because they they have to know I didn't mean to do that. Yeah, and I think that I just knew that. There I go, Babe, there's no way on earth you would ever do anything to harm this car. You're obsessed with this car. You found this car for me. You were the one that convinced me that I deserve nice things and that I should have this and that it's worth you know, and you were the one that talked the price down and negotiated, like you you wouldn't do this on like who, I'm not gonna like hold you at fault for it, but it was it was just a lesson. And he was like, I really do appreciate how you, he goes. The only thing about you that I don't like when it comes to money is that you don't know how much you have, but you really do. You have a good relationship with like objects and things. And I remember and Anya said to me, she was like, if that were me, i'd be pissed because it's my car and I don't like think people touching my things. And I just don't I don't have that your car.
Speaker 1: It's owned by the bank.
Speaker 2: That's a good point. It's someone else's car in the future, and they'll never know. I mean, the car facts will show what happened, but it'll be as good as new. But he did get some glues, so we're just gonna glue things together. We can take it to the right place. But you are everything, dude.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's such a comical result of that. I don't know, it's a comical kind of accident, like the garage door lifting up something. But then the amount of damage that occurred is is like it's like a Charlie Chaplin movie.
Speaker 2: Plastic pieces down on us as if we were in Twister, and it was just like there was no cars behind us, there was no urgency. It just happened in this like vacuum where we were alone to just see our car get fucked.
Speaker 1: And I gotta imagine it was also relatively slow too, because like the things just opening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it kind of was like and then it just like a party confetti explosion. Oh my god, plat of expensive plastic. But I drove it later that night to the last night to the Jason Morales show, and I got home and oh, we were watching. I'm watching this the documentary on Netflix about receivers, and then I'm watching the one that Dan suggested I watch about quarterbacks, and I'm watching the Mahomes one and Mahomes is talking about how quarterbacks have to recover so quickly from making mistakes because they got the rest of the game and they can't be focused on that. They got to go on. And so he was like, I just don't. I don't even mistakes. I just let them in and out like they just have to pass through. I don't. I can't dwell on things, and I just will reach over to Chris and I was like, did you forgive yourself for the mistake you made today yet? And he was like no, And I was like, let's we got you. Gotta let this go. You can't get you.
Speaker 1: Remember who said that to us that exact thing was Rodney Thomas the second at the Super Bowl. He said that I don't. I just don't dwell on that stuff. I don't think about mistakes and I just move on. That's how that I think that's the mindset is hee quarterback. He's a safety. But I just want to remind everybody about a movement that you've started that, I think is it's I just want to repeat it because it has been like, uh, it has created a fundamental change in both Alley and I's life, and I think it maybe went under the radar. You have this, you have you've started a movement where you accept people's apologies and you don't force them to apologize more than once. If someone apologizes, you accept it. And we've all we've taken that advice and we've been applying it to our own lives, and it is really it's hard to resist the urge to repeat break someone over the poles. Yeah, yes, And it's just like if someone brings themselves to apologizing, it's so it's it's so nice to just respond to that with grace and accept it, and then you have to do the work of moving on.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's up to you. Now they've passed the baton and it sucks because you didn't answer the baton in the first place, and they caused the baton to eve and be in play. Yeah, that's I really, it's it's the greatest gift you can give yourself. And someone is just like if if someone apologizes, like that's what we're all looking for. Nothing can really be You can't rewind what happened. You can just like I always say, if Trump one day woke up and goes, what the fuck have I been doing and saying I'm embarrassed at my behavior? I really it doesn't mean I don't think he should be tried for his crimes and like pay the price because it sets an example for society to not do those crimes. Yeah, but if he were to wake up one day and anyone really and go what was I.
Speaker 1: Think he needs to be a fake. He needs to be a real apology. I can understand.
Speaker 2: Disgusted with myself and I want to change and I'm gonna do better. I'd be like, you know what, I actually forgive you. I would literally forget.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Like, and this doesn't apply to like a boyfriend who cheats on you over and over again just goes I'm sorry sixteen times.
Speaker 2: This apology really is like horror. You know what this is a key compone for me is I'm horrified by thinking about how I act. And maybe that's something just people say and they don't mean it. But when people are like I can't, I don't know, I don't really I don't want to be that person anymore. And here's what I'm gonna do, so I don't do it again. Like they show action, you can't be mad, Yeah, you can't.
Speaker 1: We need to come up with a name for this movement because I think it's something some good marketing tools for shorthand because its kind of hard to describe what it is that we're like the forgiven quick forgiveness or something. Because it's it's important. I think it's important, and I think we should practice it more. And then actually forgiven that goes right back fast forgiveness is great. And here I am the guy who just said ten minutes ago that I have five enemies who I want to destroy. Yeah, but they never apologize.
Speaker 2: They exactly if they're not. If they don't apologize, keep those animosities going, let them fuel you. Okay, guys, we gotta go. We have a special edition of the podcast called Intrusive Thoughts that we're gonna get to some questions that I asked you guys to ask us on the podcast. And you have to be a big money player's diamond player. I think that's what's called. It's just like I think five bucks a month and then you get all of our episodes, no ads, and then you get these special bonus episodes once a month, and we're about to record one and we're gonna answer your questions on that. But you don't have to listen to that. You can keep listening to this version. It's all here too. We appreciate you listening and coming to see me on the road. Thank you so much. Go see Brian's live taping UH for Tim Dillon in la if you're there, we'd love Bestie's in the crowd for that, and have a great week. We'll see you next time. Don't think good bye.