Speaker 1: You're listening to the Buck Sexton Show podcast. Make sure you subscribe to the podcast on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Well, you've demanded that he returned, and so he has kindly agreed. Our friend Michael Malice is here. His podcast is You're Welcome with Michael Malice, his book The White Palist Fantastic, has written many great books. Follow him on Twitter excellent follow He sorry, X now, I know it's X. I can never you know, I feel like I'm never gonna be able to make this transition different kind of transition entirely.
Speaker 1: But he joins us.
Speaker 2: Now, and let's start with this because as you and I are talking, there's a lot of hubbub.
Speaker 1: We go ahead.
Speaker 3: I've usually used the people demanding I never returned.
Speaker 2: So this is a very well cood show that they demand. The commenters and everything, well, this is funny. They like when you make fun of my giant head. They all remember. So, you know, because because you're you, you're the only You're the one that comes on my show. It's one thing I've on on your show or someone else's shit, and they're making fun of my giant cranium. But you're the one who comes into my living room and is like, I don't know if your head can fit in here.
Speaker 1: So we have to figure this out.
Speaker 3: If we're not going to be having fun, we're not going to win the truth. Who are in the middle, who are ambiguous voters or politically ambiguous, will want to go where the fun people are just at an instinct level. So it's really important to have a good time because that look at Trump and McDonald's look at Trump with the garbage truck. I'm starry to detail what we're going to say, but this is such an important point that I think a lot of people in our side, hardly speaking, don't appreciate.
Speaker 2: No, it's absolutely true, and I know people will be not happy to know this, but it was one of solid Lensky's Eureka moments for activism. Oh yeah, that it should be fun. He's ad activism should be and you saw this well for years with the Left with a lot of their live streaming of their weird protests and things. Make it a show, make it enjoyable, make it a thing that people want to go do. Olinsky knew that decades ago, and it turns out it's true.
Speaker 3: And it's the power. And Obama's supermajorities was because George Bush is a miserable like chocolate ie and we're the fun people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you saw this even also with with Trump, you know, on the on the other side or you know, flipping things around where he did the burger King thing, which was just like legitimately very amusing, like you know, I'm all, so whatever, whatever, it's a McDonald's McDonald.
Speaker 3: You know why this is a big difference because I was an immigrant kid and when I was a kid growing up in Bensonhurst and that burg King is still there. Going to Burger King was such a treat and so exciting, and I ate it again as an adult as an adult, and it was inedible. And I've asked people, I'm like, did I change or did the Burking change? And they all said the Burking change. When we were kids, burg King McDonald's would head to head, and now burger King is a distant eighth.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I actually remember people saying burger King had had like the consensus in my world, whatever that means growing up in New York was that Burger King actually had better burgers. When I was a kid was such a Yeah, it was better, but apparently that's changed. Okay, yes, but McDonald's. My point merely being about when we're discussing that, the media going, oh my gosh, he doesn't even really work at McDonald's like they were. They were the people in the high school who were telling you that you would just stay for detention because you know, you walked up to the school with your headphones on or something like.
Speaker 1: They just no fun, no fun.
Speaker 3: When I worked on two books at del Hughley, he made a point he said, is very startledly. He goes, this country hates poor people, hates them, and I didn't really take it what he meant to heart. And then this is what he was talking about, is that if you work for the New York Times, someone who works at McDonald's is beneath you, is barely human being. The idea that their voice should be heard in any context is ridiculous and a joke. And the contempt from media elites towards like working class people is overwhelming. And to have Trump be a McDonald's not really ironically, Hey, I'm chipping in, I'm serving the fries, I'm doing the job. I'm not here like making fun of these people. I'm trying to ingratiate myself with them. Obviously I'm a billionaire, but you see me eating McDonald's all the time. I enjoy not ironically having on my planes. That I think was such a telling moment in terms of authenticity and who likes this country and who really would spit in the face of half this country?
Speaker 2: And you know that's that's also I think a very interesting point, which is that he actually likes McDonald's the food. We know that's it wasn't some It wasn't Hillary Clinton pretending she carries hot sauce in her bag when she's speaking at a remember that, which he was speaking to like minority congregations. All of a sudden, she's like, I carry hot sauce in my bag. And I was like, please, don't you know?
Speaker 3: Noh, no, no, you know that's what happened. She was on Charlot Mine show in the morning Zoo and he goes yes or something, and she's like, He's like, she goes like, what do you carry your purse? She goes hot sauce, and he goes, you're just trying to ingratiate yourself to black people, do you know what she said, she goes, is it working? She literally said that.
Speaker 2: I actually did not remember that, but now that you are jogging my memory because I discerned feel of making fun of her, like going around.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, so that's see.
Speaker 2: That's a perfect example of like not doing it in a way that you know authenticity.
Speaker 1: And this was really one.
Speaker 2: Of Trump's is one of Trump's superpowers is he is who he is and that's who he is. That sounds kind of like Popeye eating spinach, but you know he is. It's the truth, right, He doesn't he doesn't pretend to be something else. And I think increasingly because we're all so exposed to each other via social media and just everything that's going on, especially public figures. Right, you see more of public This is why people think actors are like just you know, venal morons now more than ever, more than ever before, because we know, we look at the one that we're like, you guys are idiots, which is great, by the way, good for society. Actors were way too elevated in our culture and in just general consciousness. But I think that people see fakeness as fakeness is like the unforgivable sin in public in a lot of ways now. And I know people say, oh, what about the pandering. You can pander to people while still being true to yourself as a politician, which Trump.
Speaker 3: Is textbook new money people who are these bloods like the Kennedy's or whose you know families go like Anderson Cooper, who's like a Vanderbilt. They don't have toilets meet of gold. That is something where like you're trashy, your tastes cy complete garbage, and you're ostentatious. And Trump is new money. Maybe his family is cause of money, but he's not old money in that kind of Boston Brahmin sense. And people see that, they see he's not classy in this bourgeois you know, ivy, the New Yorker kind of way.
Speaker 2: No, I remember, even growing up in New York that there was a sense with Trump that he was, let's just say, he wasn't considered elite the way that you know some of the other families that had been around for a long you know, Vanderbilts and things like that. And so yeah, there is that blue collar billionaire approach. All right, I've got to get you on Canada here, Oh Canada, they're playing the hockey game to the second hockey game. I guess tonight Trump keeps saying fifty first state Justin Trudeau, the governor of Canada. Canadians are getting all pissy about it. What are you think about this whole thing?
Speaker 1: Canada?
Speaker 2: How should we handle this? Why is this happening? Why is this conversation happening right now?
Speaker 3: The answer you ready? Okay? Trump has no allegiance to like the establishment its history. He's really overturning a lot of things that started from scratch in a very positive way. I feel that. I'm sure you agree. One of the big issues on the tables, reparations and reparations is a tricky one because if I kind of break your bike, I have to buy you in your bike. Well, how do you make reparation with slavery? If my great grandparents were slaves, I can't just write you a check. It doesn't really make you whole. But I did some math. According to Google, there's forty one point five million African Americans, there's forty million Canadians. They don't want to be free. So I say, annex Canada. Every African American gets a Canadian as a slave. And that is true. Reparations will solve the problem of racism forever, and will solve the problem with Canada forever. Slavery in the south was unconscionable, so the opposite slavery in the north is a wonderful miracle.
Speaker 2: It's the craziest thing I've ever heard. But people who can take that as they wish, so.
Speaker 3: They continue on as they are.
Speaker 2: I think that Canada is a nice country of nice people on frontfortune.
Speaker 3: They can sing in the field, they could sing their maple syrup songs in the fields. Oh Canada.
Speaker 2: What do you think of the Greenland maneuver? Is that a real thing too? Is that something that you think Trump actually is going to continue to pursue.
Speaker 1: Or is that just does that just trolling?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say there's two points to this. I remember the inauguration day. There's a video of this and Trump is giving it a talk speech shortly after being inaugurated, and he goes in going forward, we're going to change Mountain Nally back to Mount McKinley, which have had been forever until Obama kamlong, and we're gonna call it the Gulf of America. And there's a shot of Hillary sitting in the audience like three people down, and she just burst that lap. And because she's like, sure, why not, Okay, we're colle the Golf of America. Not sure. Day one, she was on the phone with the Prime Minister of Denmark and he's telling here, no, no, no, no, no, this isn't a joke. We're getting Greenland by hooker, by crook, and she was like apoplectic, and she's like, he's like, look, you're Greenland. The hell you're a Denmark. What are you going to do about it? So it is a very funny moment, and I don't think he's joking because per my understanding, Greenland has like trillions of dollars of natural resources. It's enormously underdeveloped. The natives there's only thirty thousand people there, do not particularly feel Danish in heritage or any kind of allegiance.
Speaker 2: No are I say, much closer, Like a lot of them are effectively like they're much closer to Eskimos in terms of that's my understanding, yes, or first people, First people, I mean some of them are Eskimos, some of them are in you And it depends on the tribe or whatever.
Speaker 1: Right there are some eskimos, but you.
Speaker 3: Don't say escam was inclusive of all of them.
Speaker 2: Right, it's it's first people's thank you.
Speaker 1: See. Look that's what they call them in Canada.
Speaker 2: By the way, So Malice is actually throwing some Canadian terminology around too.
Speaker 3: And suned property.
Speaker 1: You're you're completely insane.
Speaker 2: We're gonna talk about Trump fighting the We're going to talk Trump fighting the corporate media here in a second, Michael Malice, if he hasn't blown your minds yet with his lunacy, he will shortly. Our sponsor here is IFCJ and in Israel this week there's a piece that the populace is hopeful for, but they can't trust it entirely. It's still a great demand for basic humanitarian aid and this is where the International Fellowship of Christians and Jews comes in. Your ongoing monthly gift of forty five dollars will provide critically needed aid to communities in the North and South parts of Israel devastated by the ongoing war. The International Fellowship of Christians and Jews pays attention to those in need. Play saw it firsthand on his most recent trip to Israel in December you can provide hope during a time of great uncertainty with your gift. Bless Israel and her people by visiting SUPPORTIFCJ dot org. That's one word, SUPPORTIFCJ dot org or call eight eight eight four eight eight IFCJ. All right, mister malice Trump versus the corporate media? Are they even fighting back anymore?
Speaker 1: Are they?
Speaker 2: Are they so defeated that they have to just lie on the canvas and hope that the ref gives them an enough time that they can resurrect themselves, like what happens now.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't think they're defeated at all. They're They're not going to give up without a fight. They're not, I don't. I just think they don't have much of an uppercut left to them. I'm sure you saw this a few days ago Jim Acosta failed and fired. Jim Acosta, formerly of CNN, said, you know what, since Trump isn't going to seat the AP in the White House Press Corps, I think that's where it was all the journalist should bend together and stop covering Trump so there's not even a pretense that their job is to provide information to the public. And what the public decide. It is clearly that we're going to be the gatekeepers of who knows what, and we decide what's important, what's news. And the pretense that you, Jim Acosta, are you going to are going to decide that what the President of the United States says is a newsworthy is a level of hubris that I can wrap my head around. And there's a book about me called Ego Hubris. So I think the masks are dropping, and I'm buck I'm sure you and all your listeners, without what exception, is delighted to what extent the typical American who is often a political has contempt for the corporate press. The numbers are the lowest since ever. I think they started asking these questions in the seventies. There was a blip upwards for Democrats during COVID, but now it's crater across the board. And I think you also saw I'm sure we probably talked about this when USA. You see all these bribes to all these different news agencies and complete violation of basic americanism and also the First Amendment. And you know, I'm driving a truck, I'm working at McDonald's. My tax money is paying to.
Speaker 2: Some can I curse, no, but come close to it.
Speaker 3: My tax money is paying for some poop lib who writes for Politico about how Joe Rogan's bad now because he liked Elon Musk. F you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no.
Speaker 2: The the funniest thing was was when they were like, we're not getting any handouts.
Speaker 4: Are twenty thousand dollars a year for political pro is worth it? Twenty thousand dollars a year unless unless you know the government or your massive company is picking up that build. One pays twenty thousand dollars a year for Politico to tell them you know what the congressional switchboard numbers are.
Speaker 1: It's insane.
Speaker 2: The only way this could work is if it's effectively to me, it's like, yeah, Hunter Biden's paintings are worth five hundred thousand dollars because people are willing to pay that. But they're willing to pay that because he is the president's son. We're not idiots. And the same thing with Political pro You don't have a media entity or a news organization so to speak. Website basically with some annoying lib reporters charging twenty thousand dollars year subscriptions unless you know that there are corporations, and specifically the biggest corporation of all, the federal government is going to be writing you a checks for this stuff because it's all about buying access.
Speaker 3: I remember Democratic partisans would argue, well, you know, Barisma or whoever Ukrainian company has a right to hire whoever they want, which is fair. And it's like, okay, in your opinion, why they choose to hire some American crackhead for their guest company? Greaty? Why why did they hire him because of his history with lighting up crack pipes? What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: It's it's it's been crazy time that Mitch.
Speaker 3: McConnell has announced that he's retiring. He's getting run out of town in the rail I knew.
Speaker 1: I mean, he didn't have long leve.
Speaker 2: It is a health and physical thing, so I mean, yes, I'm happy that he's retired. He should have retired I think a term ago, just based on health and physical frailty and mental frailty issues. He had those freezing moments.
Speaker 1: We all know what that is like.
Speaker 2: I've I've been around very old people who are dealing with that stuff, and it's sad that it happens. And the gerontocracy in this country is very real. And I do think that this Trump administration, while Trump is older, the people look at the people that he's staffing up with, there's no old there's no old fogies in the mix. I mean, you know, it's HEG Sat, it's Cash, it's Tulsi, Uh okay, RFK Junior. But that's at HHS. I mean you look at the end and obviously jd Vance is his VP. I think that that we're moving away from that which is which is all to the good. Here's a question I have for you, though, Go ahead, one more thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was a bit the conspily theory in twenty twenty four that Joe Biden was replaced with the body double. My conspiracy theory is that Trump was replaced within bidy double in twenty twenty four because this man in the White House is not the same person we saw for four years as president. That person has surround himself with the rens previous Rex Tillerson, like all he drained the swamp by hiring it. This is a completely different human being. And I did not see any of this coming or at least.
Speaker 2: But by the way, I agree with your assessments. It feels like a totally different person. I would say, though, when you see people, when you see the system after your defeat in twenty twenty as Trump, when you see them decide that it's not enough that they have power, but now they want to ruin you everyone around you, lock you up in prison, and then on two different occasions, someone tries to kill you, in one case puts a bullet through your ear. I think that, irrespective of my feelings about Trump, I think that changes the person.
Speaker 1: I really do.
Speaker 2: I think that your perspective on life and everything is different.
Speaker 1: After that.
Speaker 3: He thought they were joking like for four years and then he realized, oh they're not joking, like they're doing things I would never imagine doing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I and I believe that the and there have been some who have said this. I think like Jesse Kelly's pointed this out. I think it's I think it's absolutely true. They got the Trump that they made right. I mean, this is it's you know, it's like they decided that he was going to have to go into you know, like the member of Cone and the Barbarian in the beginning, and they put him in like the fighting camp and he has to defeat everybody to stay alive.
Speaker 1: It's like that.
Speaker 2: You know, they threw Trump into the Kuma day and now he comes out and he's a badass.
Speaker 3: And do you know it's even funnier. And I know some people are gonna ge upset at this. Trump's ego is so big, and that's fine. I don't blame it. If they had just kissed his ass a little bit instead of saying he's the worst thing to happened in America and he's literally hitler, he would have bet the kne in a lot of stuff. That's how Facci happened. So if they had just played it a little treated him a bit romney, just like we crap on you, but we're not going to try to go off to your family and take away tower, it would not be this right. This is their fault.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they they created this. I mean, you know, they would say monster, I would say a hero narrative. But it is entirely their doing. I want to I have a question for you, but after pause, we'll come back to which is who is or will be the leader.
Speaker 1: Of the Democrat Party.
Speaker 2: Given that it's so so hold that for one second, our sponsor is Bear Creek Arsenal. A couple of weeks ago, a few weeks back, now, I was in Vegas at shot Show and I got to hang out with the folks at Barcreek Arsenal. They make fantastic firearms, all made in North Carolina. They start with raw metal and they finish each rifle, ar and pistol so that it has great accuracy and durability. And you simply cannot beat these price points for these kind of high end weapons. The calibers they have, the upper receivers, lower receivers. I've got four Bear Creek Arsenal firearms. My favorite, personally is the nine millimeter Grizzly. I take it to the range. It's fantastic. Go to Barcreek Arsenal dot com slash buck that's Bear Creek Arsenal dot com slash buck and use promo code buck for ten percent off your order. All right, my question to you who is or will be? You can take an either direction the leader of the Democrat Party, because right now there.
Speaker 1: Is not one.
Speaker 3: There is. It's the New York Times.
Speaker 2: That's kind of a collective. I mean, okay, they maybe determine the.
Speaker 3: It's by collective.
Speaker 1: It's a hive mind.
Speaker 2: I think that's I think that's a tomato tomato.
Speaker 1: But nonetheless, the.
Speaker 2: But if it's going to be a person, they need a candidate. They need at least a figurehead. Even if the figurehead like Joe Biden wasn't making the decisions. Everybody knows that, but he was the figurehead. Who will it be this time around? And I don't mean by the way in twenty eight, I mean over the next They need to have a person who is the go ahead.
Speaker 3: I hear you. I don't think it's going to be a person in DC. I think it's gonna be like a media personality. It would be like a mad out or some kind of a podcaster, because then they're above the fray. And what Hakim Jeffries and Chuck Schumer could do is act holier than thou while the bases riled up and they throw fireballs at DC from the safety of behind their screens. I think that's the smart move for them, because they don't have much power in the Congress.
Speaker 2: Who's yeah, it's true, who's the most powerful person in Democrat corporate media right now?
Speaker 3: That's a great question, that's whould you say Dean Banquet.
Speaker 2: Right sometimes Uh, well, I mean you could say no, No, I don't think so, because I think you could replace him, for example, and it wouldn't make any difference early at the times, you know so, So I think he's more of a figure ahead of the times. I think you have I think right now you have to say matt out. I think that Buddha judge for a bunch of you.
Speaker 1: Don't think it's matter.
Speaker 3: She's hard left and they're not moving hard left. They're trying to go like they're split.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is why I say I don't think they have one. If Gavin Newsom just wasn't so Gavin Newsom, he could step into but that's not gonna it's not gonna work. And the fire stuff that's going on in LA is really I think it's.
Speaker 3: Interesting is you have Governor Pritzker Illinois, and there's different people are trying to stand up the Trump and rally the base around themselves and try to be like on the anti Trump figure setting them stuff up twenty twenty eight, and it's not working. They're not coalescing around. Any of these people, either Republican.
Speaker 2: Or Democrat, would have I've never seen a party as ineffective as the Democrats are right now.
Speaker 1: In my I mean, people would.
Speaker 3: Say the Republicans under the first couple of years at the end, I.
Speaker 2: Was if you had let me finish either. Notice the host doesn't even get to finish the sentences what Malys is on I was speaking, has you know I was, I was speaking, sir, let me, let me finish. No, I was going to say that after Obama. But you have to remember the Tea Party came within what a year eighteen months of that, so that there was a.
Speaker 3: Big what I meant before Obama Bush twenty two thousand and six and eight the Republican Party.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I'm sorry, So then you're a little a little bit. I was saying.
Speaker 2: The first year of Obama, the Republicans looked like, you know, they couldn't find up from down. So I mean similar period. Yes, after the award in Irock and Afghanistan and then the free fall of the economy under Bush. I know, people would say it wasn't really his fault whatever, But the point is it happened. It happens on your watch. It happens on your watch. So good things going on, Michael. We're at time, So tell me people are going to go check out your podcast, any other exciting projects or just life advice you want to give to everybody listening.
Speaker 3: Don't let the failures of your fellow countrymen impact on your happiness. This is America and great things can happen to you if you put your mind to it and work hard enough.
Speaker 1: Michael Malice, everybody, mister Malice, thank you so much