Speaker 1: Scrubbing In with Bell and Tanya rap an iHeartRadio podcast. Hello everybody, we are scrubbing in, scrub dub dumb lots to talk about.
Speaker 2: Where do we even start?
Speaker 1: Well, I feel like everyone's gonna expect us to jump right into Taylor the Torture Poets Department. Did you bring your package in?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, Tony, you got a package package.
Speaker 2: From the department, from the Torture Poets Department.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, straight from the warehouse exactly. Okay, So I know that you all are ready for us to jump into that, but we're gonna save that for a little bit, save it for the middle.
Speaker 2: I think the middle.
Speaker 1: Stick around and listen to us talk about whatever we're going to talk about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but which is which is what? The star sighting of the week?
Speaker 1: Oh, this is such a big star, even though you kind of spoiled it on your Instagram.
Speaker 2: Camilla Luddington and Jessica Capshaw.
Speaker 1: Aka Joe Joe Wilson and Arizona.
Speaker 2: So the two of them, if you miss it, spoiler alert, they are doing a podcast with iHeartRadio. So I got wind that they were coming into the building to record a promo or something. I don't really know what they're recording. But I got wind of said news and said, I'm going to come swing by and say, hial pas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the girls, the girls.
Speaker 2: So I dropped pop in my head and Camilla Luddington gives me this huge, huge, so sweet. She's asking me for tips about like they're like, what did you you guys do your first episode? Where do you? Where do you and Becca sit? I was like, am I dreaming? Then she proceeds to ask if she can watch us do the podcast one day?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 1: Yes, a lot of pressure, A lot of pressure. I was like, where's gonna sit? Like over there?
Speaker 2: I was thinking back there, Okay.
Speaker 4: That's good because I won't If she were in here, we would just ask her all the questions come.
Speaker 1: Camilla up on the mics.
Speaker 3: When you observe, like when doctors observed like a surgery.
Speaker 2: She is the intern and we are the residents.
Speaker 1: Space called the gallery. Oh my god. Okay, so we love Camilla, but just to set people up because I think a lot of people think that every iHeart podcast is done in the studio, but they're not all done in studios.
Speaker 2: This time the time, but you know what, that time has passed and.
Speaker 1: Really it's just like a podcast under iHeart that aren't I'm saying umbrella.
Speaker 4: Yes, I was talking about the Amy Sugarman umbrella. But you're right, there are so many ihearts, right.
Speaker 1: And there's a lot of them that don't do it here. And so when I saw Camilla as real of her being in the studio, I was like, when they were in here, I was like, this is very exciting news. But not only was it Camilla.
Speaker 2: No, okay, it was this is an even better part. So well, not even better, but Jessica Capshaw. We've been trying to get on this podcast for yonder years, yonder yonder since I can remember. We've been trying to get Jessica Capshaw on. She doesn't know we exist, as she shouldn't, right, like I suppose sure, right, but her mother antony in law. Okay, So I go in there and I'm just you know, chit chatting girl, chit chatting with Camilla. Yeah, And I go I introduced myself to Jessica Capshaw and I was like, so we have met in like twenty seventeen, which already sounds like so stocker, right, And I'm like, who you met in twenty seventeen at Pley Fez I. I don't know if you remember, but my best friend and I, Becattilly, were in scrubs on the press line and she was like, oh my gosh, I do remember. She was there was the escalator behind you, and I was like.
Speaker 1: Yes, you guys, we have resurfaced these photos and videos from it. And first of all, we had unmatched scrubs.
Speaker 2: On we looked the tops and bottoms did not go together, which is so weird.
Speaker 1: But also it's like we show up to this very professional setting, like all the reporters are in the line and they have all their.
Speaker 2: Little camera sets with like you know, ear pieces and lightning.
Speaker 1: We have ah with our scrubs, our mismatched scrubs. Tanya, if we just discovered, had her hair and makeup done for the event.
Speaker 2: And it looks like I did not have my hair and makeup done for the event.
Speaker 1: I think I had just flown home that day because I remember being exhausted. But I was like, I cannot miss this, and this is one of those moments where I think I look back on, you know, like coming out and when I started dating Haley, I had all these things of like, oh, like maybe that was a one of those moments in my journey of like my sexuality that I just wrote off as like whatever. But I was obsessed with Callian Arizona, like I was obsessed with Jessica Capsule obsessed, and so I remember when I met her, I was like so nervous. I feel like we definitely scared her, A definitely scared her.
Speaker 2: I listened back to the audio when I when I met her, and I was like, everybody says that if I were a Gray Snatomy.
Speaker 1: Star, I would be you.
Speaker 2: And she was like, I love it. And then and then I said something else and she.
Speaker 1: Was I love it. So they're doing a podcast. What did they say anything about what their podcast is about?
Speaker 2: No, they did not.
Speaker 1: Oh I wonder if it's Gray Center our competition, Like what's happening.
Speaker 2: I don't want to speak because I don't know anything. But I don't know anything, but whatever it is.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 3: I have a tiny bit of intel that I'm probably not allowed to share. But I was asked to do a tiny thing for this show, and that is set up a phone number so you can call them.
Speaker 4: What a parent.
Speaker 1: So they're almost like taking, uh, take advice.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Some kind I was asked to get a custom phone number for them.
Speaker 1: Interesting. I feel like they're going to kill it. I feel like it's gonna be a good podcast.
Speaker 4: Does the numbers spell something cool? Gratot?
Speaker 3: Have they announced what the name of the show is.
Speaker 2: I don't even know if they have a name.
Speaker 1: Do they do?
Speaker 2: They do?
Speaker 4: I don't think it's for us to announce.
Speaker 2: On this show, you spoiler.
Speaker 3: I think we should do it. Let's break the internet. This is the name. But I'm just kidding. I need this shop breaking news.
Speaker 1: It was exciting for a moment.
Speaker 2: I hope we get to do a crossover at some point.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, can you imagine? We even threw around the idea of but Palm Springs get away that don't tell them what happened the first time, even though it was iconic, Right, the more I see, there's never been more news and us about Sabrina Carpenter. And every time, every time, I get like a pit in my stomach when I see her.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was going through my computer the other day deleting big files, and there's a video called quote Becca's Finest Moment, and it's the Serverena Carverner moment. I can't bring myself to delete it.
Speaker 2: That is so it's always really it is like an iconic moment on this It will never cease to not amaze me.
Speaker 1: The people who know not amaze me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, okay, so it's always amazing.
Speaker 1: Speaking of the Gray's Anatomy world, we talked about how the Meredith Walk has resurfaced, and this will be on the scrubbing in social media, but we are all going to attempt to the Meredith Gray Wall. That will be today's video, so stay tuned for that. What else happened this weekend? I heard Ryan ran into your best friend?
Speaker 2: Yes he did. I did not run into Ryan, yes, And I think maybe he and my best friend were working out in the same gym, and uh, I guess one of the trainers like that was there said Hey, Ryan, I'm working with or training with Tanya's best friend. And I guess he was expecting to find you there. And I was like, oh, yeah, Jim, not quite where you'll find Becca.
Speaker 1: I love the Jim. Yeah sometimes really not his Jim. Now you're Jim. Paulina is Jim.
Speaker 2: So anyways, he comes over and uh it was Paulina, and so I turned into this whole conversation about can you have multiple best friends? And it was very funny because I was like, I have Yes, everybody has multiple best friends. I was like, but for some reason, I'm very territorial over Becca's best friends.
Speaker 1: What is that? Do you do that with Paulina?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: With Raquel?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: What is it about me that brings it out in me?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 1: There's no. You can't figure out where it stems from.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Is it because we have the podcast together or something?
Speaker 2: No, I don't know. I think I think like with Raquel, I think she has multiple best friends, like and she was always like that when I met her. I don't know about that. Yes, I feel like Jojo came after me and Ali came after me.
Speaker 1: So it's something like you felt like you had like more territorial Yeah, okay, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I can't really psychoanalyze that, but I do have a therapist situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so, but very funny. Have more than one best friend, but I am not. I don't have that.
Speaker 2: Actually I have it.
Speaker 1: I'm just terrified to post with anyone because I'm gonna get Tanya loyalists that like, oh my god, I feel bad for Tanya. I'm like, I'm I'm so scared to put anything with anybody else. That's right, Ali goes, I think it's a bit. I think she does this because she knows it gets some people riled up. And I was like, this is not a bit. It was afraid me.
Speaker 2: You should be.
Speaker 1: You should be terrified, you should be okay. So everyone is entitled to having multiple best friends with the label a best friend. But I don't have the same freedom that others have.
Speaker 2: You have the freedom. I'm just saying it triggers me more than one freedom. It just triggers me more than internally.
Speaker 1: I do not feel free.
Speaker 2: Wow it's dark.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Does that give you like a sense of power or what does that make you feel?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I thought, so.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about you going to stagecoach.
Speaker 1: I don't think I'm going anymore. Oh well, so I got invited. I got invited that quick.
Speaker 2: That was between Thursday and today.
Speaker 1: It was such as I got invited by Tart, which is like a huge deal because I loved Tart. They do the most epic trips ever, like their their trips are insane and so it was such an honor to even be thought of to go. But I'm not able to go that weekend for the whole time. And I was like, I could go for a day, but I thought, they're not going to want to give up a whole ticket and room for someone to come one day. And I think that's where it's been left. We were like, maybe they'll agree to it, but I haven't heard back. Oh so, but my thought was, I don't know if I can physically do Stagecoach for more than a day. Yeah, it is a lot.
Speaker 3: I'm going for the first time this year and I'm really nervous about that.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: But we we have a couple theories about what, when, and why Beyonce will be coming out.
Speaker 2: Oh well, she's already parked up in pamp Palm Springs, is she h? I saw her trailer.
Speaker 1: Wait who would you come out with?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: You here my theories? Okay, post Malone definitely Willie Nelson. Oh yeah, this one less likely, but it came to me in the shower last night. In Yah Yah, she samples the Beach Boys. She sings a part of Good Vibrations. The Beach Boys are playing at Stage Coach.
Speaker 4: It's not coming out with the Beach Boys.
Speaker 3: Let's stay with me. Stay with me. I'm going because of the Beach Boys. That's why I'm going to stage coach I have. I have a vision. They will be playing good vibrations and then you hear Beyonce say I'm big in those sweet sensations, and then Mike Love goes. Ladies and gentlemen, my good friend bay once congratulated, pronounce her. She's gonna come ask me a huge moment. She'll come out during the Beach Boys. That's my prediction.
Speaker 1: I would love that for you.
Speaker 3: I thought that for all of us.
Speaker 1: Wait is that? So? Are they Beach Boys or Friday Night or Sunday?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: See yeah? And then postal and Saturday.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's just people staggered that I was so excited about and I just couldn't. But I'm like, can I do two days? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I know we've been feeling very elderly lately.
Speaker 1: It's it's taxing on the body.
Speaker 2: Okay, dust alone has me like, yeah, the dust is in the heat, A heat I can handle.
Speaker 1: But the dust, well, have shoes.
Speaker 3: I'm wearing cowboy boots. Oh I have cowboy crocs that I'm wearing and you're sober.
Speaker 1: The only thing that got me through the Quila Kila soda that I paid way too much for, yeah and thought for in those lines. Anyways, I'm really excited. I cannot wait to hear it. Beyonce comes out, who she comes out with, and you're just your stagecoach experience.
Speaker 3: We were Allison and I were joking about it and she's like, because there's all these people now we're expecting Beyonce to come out, And she's like, I think Camila, like Evan was just going to come out during every every surprise, you disappoint us.
Speaker 1: I loved when she came out with Lona you did. It's so fine. I loved it. I'm not even like I love Kamila, like I think she's so cute, but I'm not like a huge stand but I just thought the vibe was so fun and way more like a beat beaten lively.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Remember Boots on the Ground said it was oh yeah, what newsy? I know.
Speaker 1: So did Boots on the Ground say this is the Boots.
Speaker 2: On the Ground was not Boots on the Ground weekend too?
Speaker 1: Shoot? Yeah, So the video I saw, I was like, I would have been so highed when that happened. Is it just because she, like obviously Billy's one of the biggest artists of our generation right now and they felt like it wasn't a comparable special guest?
Speaker 2: Is that hard to say?
Speaker 3: It's we saw a lot of reports that Alan had sound checked Snow on the Beach. Of course you thought it was gonna Taylor, and then the whiplash of Taylor to comunic ave was not something I was prepared for.
Speaker 1: Dang.
Speaker 4: Speaking of Billie Eilish, I let to go on record just so I can have a recorded that the Song of the Summer is going to be launched by Billie Eilish.
Speaker 1: There I said it, know it New Lesbian Tracks.
Speaker 4: Flat, that's it. Flag it right now. April twenty second, that's when Rok predicted that it's going to be monster here.
Speaker 1: My second is tomorrow?
Speaker 4: Is it is for us today?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, I'm saying as of this moment, on April twenty second, I'm making that prediction.
Speaker 1: Hi, Donia, welcome to the podcast.
Speaker 4: And do you think she's big now this summer? She's going to go into the stratosphere.
Speaker 1: I just think that's a pretty what's the word. I don't know what I'm looking for, but like an obvious prediction because of every song.
Speaker 4: Billy, and I'm saying it's the song of summer. That's not I'm not on enough of a limb for Oh.
Speaker 1: I see, I see. You're already saying like there will not be a bigger song this summer than her. Wow, that is a big, big predictation.
Speaker 4: That is what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Okay, and he's only heard a snippet.
Speaker 4: I heard a snippet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's all anyone's heard, right, That's all I need.
Speaker 3: Wow, the oracle has spoken.
Speaker 1: He's a he said what he's going to say. Okay, let's just get right into Taylor. Oh all right, the long awaited moment is here, Taylor Swift's new album, The Tortured Poets Department thirty one new songs, Thoughts, feelings, favorites.
Speaker 4: So many. But where were you? Like? What did you have to wait?
Speaker 1: Were you in the list?
Speaker 4: How did you absorb it? To nine o'clock last Thursday night? By the way, I'm never happier to live on the West Coast.
Speaker 2: I know, I think about that all the time.
Speaker 3: I'm like.
Speaker 4: Nine o'clock people you all had to wake up to New Taylor. We stayed up because it wasn't even that late for us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I was at home. I had some friends over. I got a cookie cake with happy TTPD release day. Tanya came over. I had candles lit, old timey looking notes with feather pens. I really tried to make it a thing that was the most I have ever done. Took an I guess I could say I'm I gardened a little bit. That's what people, the kids are saying.
Speaker 2: What's gardened? Mean?
Speaker 1: Took an edible? I took an edible because on TikTok you're I guess you're not allowed to say it. So it's like if people were high, they're like, were you gardening during this? You know?
Speaker 2: Oh wow, It's like skippity Ohio Riz.
Speaker 1: Do you know that skibbity Ohio Riz?
Speaker 2: Yeah you know that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Are you talking about TikTok w Riz party?
Speaker 2: No talking about skippity Ohio Ris, which is like the opposite of Riz.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: When you're it's like if you're from Ohio, it's like, oh I see yeah, yeah, so that's skibbedy Ohio Risk. Yeah, a man of stand you knew that. Amanda Stanton's kids talked about.
Speaker 2: That, and do you know about rizly Bear?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Tell me though, that's like when you have so much riz you're like the rizzly Bear.
Speaker 1: But you're the Rizzler.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's exactly.
Speaker 1: So I was like, hello, what is where does the Rizzler rink with the rizzly Bear?
Speaker 2: Essentially the same same level, same levels.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, which Rizzler though, Mark, Yeah, nothing's more Tanya Wrizzler than not draw up those the greatest thing I've ever heard. Okay, so where was everybody? Were you at home?
Speaker 4: I was at home and I was listening because my kids were at dance. But then the great moment was the kids get out of dance around nine forty five and then they went, yeah, hell yeah, oh I tell you about uh. Actually, anyway, they went and got some food and then they listened to it in the car, and then they got home and they still had half the album to go, and so they sat in my daughter's car outside of our house and listened to the rest of it. My wife's like, what are they doing out there? I said, they're listening to the New Tailor album. This is a core memory for them right now, they are this is something they will never forget. The night Tortured Poets came out and the two sisters sat in their car and listened to the whole album together, Like, what a beautiful moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's really cute. I would have loved having a new Taylor album in my car with my friends in high school.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, So you were at home.
Speaker 3: I was leaving dinner with Allison. We drove there separately, and we had gone to this thing earlier. So we we went to a swingers party. Yes, we were leaving the swingers party.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had to find my car keys, you know. And then we drove home separately and we realized it kind of we realized, oh god, it's out. So then we we were listened separately on the way home and compared notes when we got back.
Speaker 4: Okay there, and then then the countdown was happening on Instagram. Did you guys we wonder what was going to happen? Were you excited? What was that vibe? I?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't even think Tanya realized that Taylor Banks was also at our house and Kylie gare and so we were I had no idea about this is going on, this countdown thing, but Taylor informed me that she thought there might be more songs, or Tanya thought it was gonna be the reputation reputation. I was just like, does that mean I'm gonna have to stay up longer? After I processed these songs, Like that was a lot for me, because in my mind, I was like, if it's reputation, then really all I have to listen to are the new Vault songs and then I can, you know, listen to it more. But I was not expecting an extra album.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no no. I left. I did a full listen through, a full listen through, and then I said, Mama's got Mama's gotta go because it was way past my bedtime. So I got home and went to sleep and woke up to all the new songs. So I felt very behind. I did not enjoy that feeling.
Speaker 1: I did not like it.
Speaker 4: No, there was an hour that existed in the world where I had heard the new music and you had not yet, and that was crazy to.
Speaker 2: Me, Like wow, yeah, I hated that. I hated it, and especially because I think I like the anthology more than I like the first one.
Speaker 1: Interesting yeah, Well, I was proud of you for coming over because I invited her. I thought she was gonna like deny me, and you know, Mama's got to go to mama, and she came. So I was very proud. But I knew even if there was a re release, Tony would not be in my presence during that time.
Speaker 2: And then if I live on the East Coast, I'd be enjoying it Friday morning with the rest of the world.
Speaker 1: So do we pick our favorites from both or do we just pick our overall favorites for the poll?
Speaker 4: Let's run down what we said what we predicted. So for example, Becca, you pretty to your favorite would be loml and the Alchemy, and what are your thoughts on those? For real?
Speaker 1: Is devastating but a beautiful song, but like, I don't know that. I'm like, I can't wait to listen to that again because it's so sad. The fact that loss of My Life is how it ends is like like a gut punch, and I feel like that it's all lowercase instead of uppercase signified that it wasn't going to be about love. It was about loss.
Speaker 2: I did not get that from the title until now, yeah.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that going yet. I'm like, I knew that was going to happen. I didn't. I love the Alchemy, but like they did this prediction of what the song about Travis is going to sound like, and it almost is kind of similar to.
Speaker 2: How The Alchemy is already was saying that, which is really it's cute.
Speaker 1: I love it. So I feel I feel fine about my predictions. And I said, I wasn't gonna like my only break my boy only breaks his favorite toys. And I'm it's not my least favorite, but it's not my favorite.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right now, Tanya, you said that your favorite was going to be Fortnite and but Daddy I love him.
Speaker 2: So I have seven favorites at the moment.
Speaker 1: Wait, we're not going through a favorite.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying seven, and two of the seven are Fortnite and but Daddy I.
Speaker 4: Love But Daddy I Love Him is really good.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: And I called it. I knew it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not confronting you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, his favorite so long London is also one of my least favorites.
Speaker 4: Least favorites.
Speaker 1: One of the first people I hear to say that, And I said, might agree with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Wow for the hot takes. And here's another one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, well Easton, your favorite was gonna.
Speaker 3: Be Florida, and oh boy, did a live up to I love Florida.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too.
Speaker 2: It's not my top seven, but it's an honorable mention.
Speaker 1: It's in my top What was your least favorite?
Speaker 3: I think I predicted the Alchemy. It was getting wrecked. What do you think I liked it? I liked where I thought I was going to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I said my favorite gonna be my boy only breaks his favorite tourist, and I do like that. My least favor was gonna be Florida. But I do like Florida and Who's afraid of the Little Me? Which is pretty strong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely up there for me.
Speaker 1: On that.
Speaker 4: All right, so's now we go through our favorites.
Speaker 1: Tonya, since you have yours marked, you can start.
Speaker 2: I marked him.
Speaker 1: What do you You have to pick top three of the seven?
Speaker 4: Great?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have to give us top three and then you can give us the rest of.
Speaker 4: All spend all day, come on top three each here we go.
Speaker 2: Seven is not much more than three.
Speaker 1: You can listen for seven, but then give us the top three of the seven.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. Okay, okay, all right, I can do it. Okay. Number one is I can do it with a broken heart. Okay, Number two is the black Dog, and number three is but Daddy, I love him. No, it's the Tortured Poets Apartment track. Then it's Fortnite but Daddy, I love him, Who's afraid of little Me? And so high school?
Speaker 1: Okay, I said what I said. Well, I am shocked. But my favorite number one is I can do it with the broken heart as well. Yeah, think Tanya and I have ever had even a similar number one.
Speaker 2: So depressed, I act like it's my birthday every day. It's so dark.
Speaker 1: It's so dark, but so fun. Yeah. I My next one is down Bad. I love down Bad.
Speaker 2: That's a hard one not to choose, but I had to make a cut somewhere. Seven seven was the number.
Speaker 1: And then I'm going to go I'm going to go Florida for number three.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: And then I don't have a top seven. But I love Fortnite too, and I love the Torture Post Apartment.
Speaker 4: All right, I am going with I'm putting but Daddy, I love you. At number three, Okay, I do it in reverse order.
Speaker 1: Because I said, you said, daddy, I love you, Daddy, I love Sorry.
Speaker 4: I wait one, we have not mentioned that I really like this thank you Amy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like it too. I like it too. It's up there for me. But I had to make a somewhere.
Speaker 4: And my favorite and that I think could be a single. It's so high school.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 1: I like that one too.
Speaker 4: That's really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's very like I realized, is that I don't love the ones that have names Peter, Cassandra.
Speaker 4: She does a lot of those.
Speaker 2: Chloe or Sam or Sophia or Marcus. I could do without those.
Speaker 1: That's a mouthful. That one easty.
Speaker 3: I'll go in reverse order too, just like Mark, we love a countdown over here. Number three for me is a torture post apartment, which I heard. I got a glimpse of those layers before they came out, and I was like, Oh, this is gonna suck so bad. And then I heard the song and I loved it. Number two Florida and number one I Can do It with a broken Heart.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 2: Universal Slammer.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The craziest thing about this album is that it was written for Maddie Healy.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, but so What I guess I didn't realize is that their romance spanned many, many years.
Speaker 1: Yes, like they apparently it was like the on and off thing for like ten years.
Speaker 2: For Joe. There was Matty Heally after Joe, there was Matty Healy like he is a part of her, He's like her kryptonite.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was all I just like I was listening. I was prepared to listen to all these heartbreak songs thinking about her six year relationship with Joe and the reality that it sounds like it was a situationship. And then when when they were both single, when she and Joe had broken up, they tried and then she was like obsessed with him and then he ghosted her. That's the vibe I get from this, just the songs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and like, but Daddy I love him is not daddy, it's Swifties, But Swifties I love him because I think she hated that nobody liked him.
Speaker 1: You don't think her dad didn't like him, uh.
Speaker 2: I think it was more of the fans, Like, I think we hated him so much, and she could feel it. It was like palpable and she's like, but swifties. I love him. We're the daddy more than daddy.
Speaker 1: No, we're the daddy. We're the daddy, the daddy.
Speaker 4: One lyric that my daughters and I talked a lot about was in the Alchemy, he jokes that it's heroin, but this time with an E. That's a strong lyric.
Speaker 2: I don't get it.
Speaker 4: That's what my kids said, like ecstasy. No, heroin, the drug is an I. There's no ethy end it's h E R O I N.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh, hero.
Speaker 1: Is the hero is the.
Speaker 4: Strong, powerful female hero. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh see. I took it as drugs and I was like, was she doing a lot of drugs?
Speaker 4: So the general consensus, because I went deep on social media on this, is that it's maybe a joke, Taylor Travis maid saying the other guy was into heroin. I'm also into heroin, but this time with an E and then they swoon. I mean, that's the theory going around.
Speaker 2: It's and it's kind of spoony, but yeah, I did. I notice a lot more like drug references and a lot more cursing us to.
Speaker 1: How'd you feel?
Speaker 2: I didn't love it? She doesn't need it, I know, And it's like, whatever if this is the true her or the real her or the whatever her. I love her no matter what, but I like the wholesome image. Like I like that the little girls are singing her songs and you know what I mean, Like they don't have a lot of cursing artists like that, you know, like they don't have a lot of that.
Speaker 1: And so I also feel like she's had like curse words in her past albums, it just hasn't been so many. Like you can definitely feel like the rage in this album of like she was mad, yeah when she wrote these songs. Yeah, and I get it. I'm with you, Mark. I don't feel like she needs it, Like she's such a lyricist that it's like, you know, but I think she wanted to use those words as a way of, like Portra showing her how mad she was in this situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I just I keep thinking about the video of him looking at the screen in the concert and he's like I love you, you know who you are, and then her doing it, and the fact that we were all like what is happening and then there's a whole now we get this whole album about it feels so crazy to me. Crazy are there what songs are about Joe? Do we have a do we know?
Speaker 2: So Long London?
Speaker 4: Which is huh no, that's a good one. Sorry, it is.
Speaker 2: To me. I can do it with a broken heart. Is so crazy because like she's saying, like I make all my hit all my marks, and like she she's so depressed, but she still can put on a show. It's like she when she was on this tour and she ended things with Maddie, she was so dark and yet putting on this spectacle for thousands and thousands of people every night, like that is crazy.
Speaker 1: Well, I think at the end when she's like I'm so depressed and no one knows, I think that was maybe her like laughing while she was recording singing it and they just kept it in there, like she's just like I'm literally miserable.
Speaker 2: No one knows, and no one knows she talks when she talks on a song.
Speaker 1: Yeah you did say that, but this one is was important.
Speaker 4: I do want to give an honorable mention to Clara Bow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I understand.
Speaker 4: I get it. I understand, Tanya.
Speaker 1: Can we talk about what you like about it? Because I find it it's one and that skip oh.
Speaker 4: I find it to be an interesting commentary on the entertainment industry, and specifically the music industry, about how every new young woman comes to Hollywood or Nashville or wherever they're going to make it big and they're told by agents you're just like this other person, You're the next blankety blank, and how that's wrong. They should be their own thing, they shouldn't be have to be compared to other people, because I don't think guys have to deal with that the way women have to deal with that. So you're you look just like Clara Bow, you look just like Stevie Nicks, you look just like Taylor Swift, and playing that she's just another link in the chain of women that will are hot now but will one day be forgotten, but compared to when the new people are coming along.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I honestly didn't understand it until now, and I still loved it so.
Speaker 1: Well. So as a consensus overall, how do we feel about the albums? Yeah, in comparison to her other albums.
Speaker 4: I need to I feel like time will tell us that. I don't think you can say that right away. I could be wrong. I mean, feel free, go ahead.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of the name ones for me, Robin, Peter, Sandra could do without those, but the ones that to me my top seven are really strong.
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm in I think, and I knew I wasn't gonna get it when she announced the name of the album. But I was wanting like a cruel summer album like Rage but pop.
Speaker 2: And we didn't get that.
Speaker 1: And I think that's why I love I can do with a broken Heart because it gives that like pop vibe. But maybe when I'm in a dark headspace, I'll really appreciate it more. And I hope I don't have I don' hope I don't get there anytime soon.
Speaker 2: I think this was wanting what just like I knew.
Speaker 1: I knew it's gonna be a breakup album, So I don't know why there was ever a question in my mind. I just was like wanting more like pop. I feel like Midnights looking Back is almost a breakup album, and I still feel like there's so many songs on there where I feel like I want to go back and listen.
Speaker 2: To Yeah, forget about Midnights.
Speaker 3: Wow, I know, do you like this more than Midnights?
Speaker 2: Hard to say, because like be Jeweled to me is like top top tailor, and it's like you can't compare.
Speaker 4: Still, by the way, everyone should know Still Tiny's theme song when she comes in the room every morning, and that's been going on for years now.
Speaker 2: Best believe, Best believe.
Speaker 4: I'm curious which song she starts doing and when the Eras tour resumes in I believe Paris.
Speaker 1: Well, do you think she'll add a section?
Speaker 4: I think she's got. I mean, she's gonna do some of these songs, right, so I think yeah, but.
Speaker 1: They won't be her I'm saying, like, do you think she'll have a whole era to be like.
Speaker 2: Her bonus ones, the two that she sings different?
Speaker 3: Right because Midnights came out during the Aras tour, right, no before.
Speaker 1: So that was added in there when she did that the show. So that's all wondering. Will she add a section and take away some songs from the other baby you know? Yeah, and curate a little.
Speaker 3: For getting further and further from self titled. It's making me sad, like we're never going to get to hear that song.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we are. I think those will only be surprise songs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, unfortunately, And somebody told me that there was like a bad review about the album, and I was like, where who had bad things to say? I'm yet to find it.
Speaker 1: I think people really did like critical analysis of this album. And it's weird because it's like, I think you can listen to an album and be like, I loved some of those songs and like the lyrics are amazing, and it was my favorite album, and it not be that it was a bad album. It's just like I don't connect to that at this time in my life. But I think about some of her old albums and how I didn't relate or connect to any of the songs. And then later years later, I went and listened and I was like, oh, I feel that so much more. It's my favorite album because of that, you.
Speaker 4: Know, And that's the thing. I have to live with these and I live with them through my kids, and because they listened to the Like my daughters are already raving about my youngest and my fourteen year old loves the Bolter, and I didn't really getn't given any thought to the Bolter. So now I'm re listening to that through their eyes, and I realized there was some good stuff in there too, you know, I feel like I got to live with it. And that's true of the past albums too, Like they introduced me to some wonderful songs that I had kind of listened to and moved on.
Speaker 2: From thirty one. How do you? How does one digest thirty one at probably in one weekend? Right?
Speaker 1: We have to revisit this clumbo again.
Speaker 4: So many flavors are basket robins.
Speaker 1: I love us.
Speaker 2: I was. I put them in. I had them in my air pods like all weekend, Like I was listening to the album and my AirPods because boys don't want to, you know, necessarily listen to their swift all day long. But it was just very very funny because like I don't really walk around the house with like my AirPods in, but I was just like walking around all weekend with my air pods and just in my own little Taylor world.
Speaker 1: Yeah I might do that too. Just put it start, start to finish and just listen. I just think she is a brilliant songwriter. I love that she. I love the but daddy, I love him reference I I'm having his baby, just kidding.
Speaker 2: You should you should see all.
Speaker 1: She's just great. So yeah, that's our thoughts and prayers and prayers, and I can't believe. So I just wonder well her next album, if she and Travis are still together, do you think it'll just be a full lover album.
Speaker 2: I'm ready for a lover album. Yeah, I'd love a good I'd love a good lover again.
Speaker 1: I loved it.
Speaker 2: Maybe perhaps the first dance song.
Speaker 1: Give that to you.
Speaker 2: Let's see.
Speaker 1: Stay tuned, Stay tuned. Okay, we will be right back because we do have an email to get to. All right, we're back, and Mark, we have an email. Take it away, here comes.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much, Becca. I'm going to read it to you now, this email that you refer to. I am twenty eight and married to my husband of almost six years. I've recently come to the full realization that I'm attracted only to women. The religion I grew up and does not support same sex marriage. But I've been thinking of separating from the church. I've talked to my husband about everything, and he's the most amazing man. He just wants what's best for me. He's still very involved in our religion and would love to build a life with me in our marriage. I feel so stucked and confused a huge part of me wants and wishes to be with a female partner, but another part of me feels I should stay with my husband. What advice can you give me? Thank you? Love you both.
Speaker 1: Yeah, gosh, this is so hard because I'm confused about the husband knowing about everything and wants the best for her, but once to build a life with her in the marriage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you can't build You can't just live your life based on somebody else's want.
Speaker 1: I know, but I'm just if he wants the best for her and she's communicated her feelings about only being attracted to women, how is building a marriage with him the best for her? You see what I'm saying?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I She did say, Becca, I feel like you can I feel like you could relate what you're saying.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, those little circles are Sam.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay. So Sam said Becca, I feel like you can relate. What are your initial thoughts? I don't feel like. I feel like to an extent I can relate. But I was also single and not attached to anyone man or woman. So when I met Haley, it was not a choice, and that I did. You know, have to consider the religious beliefs. I grew up with what my family would think, what my friends would think. Of course you have to think you think about those things as natural. But I also think, like we genuinely that we know of we get one single life. And I think that when you make a self discovery, it's not like, oh, I'm still attracted to men, like you've made a discovery about yourself that you're only attracted to women. But I think if I think you communicating with your husband is the first thing that you should have done, which you did. But I think maybe I don't know, do you go to therapy and have a see if this is something where you see yourself building a life with this man forever or is it are you always going to wonder what if? I grew up in the church, so I know the religious pressure of this, and I feel that I feel the heaviness of that.
Speaker 2: I know, But I feel like you get like you're s and you can't live your life for other people. And if this is something that you really really feel like you need to explore, then you need to get out of I mean, I feel it's a weird saying.
Speaker 1: I separate separate from your husband, like say like, Hey, I love you and I'm grateful for what we've had, but I can't get this out of my mind, and I feel like I need to explore it for the like to be fair to both of us. Yeah, you know, I don't. I I haven't been married, so I don't know the steps of moving forward.
Speaker 2: I do think talking with therapists would be very beneficial because I think that they have any way better guidance. Yeah, because again, like I feel like being in a relationship is one thing, being married is another right. But also I don't know marriages end.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was gonna.
Speaker 1: Ask, y'all are both married men if your wives came to you and said, I'm only attracted to a woman, I mean.
Speaker 3: This is I just wait for that day to come.
Speaker 1: I'm only a track to women, which means technically they're not attracted you anymore.
Speaker 4: What's your reaction, Well, first of all, let me just put it in terms of anonymous as terms before we get into that. I'm just saying she's got two choices here, to live her truth or to be in a loveless marriage for the rest of her life.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: I mean, they don't appear to have kids at least you didn't mention that they have kids, And if you don't have kids, I think it's a pretty clean break to move on because this happens a lot. Yeah, because you got married when you're twenty two. People haven't figured it all out yet. Men, women, a lot of us are, you know, on the spectrum or whatever of sexuality. You kind of haven't figured out your place on it yet.
Speaker 2: I don't even know where my g spot was at twenty two, exactly.
Speaker 1: There you go, There you have it. We don't know a lot at twenty two, don't.
Speaker 4: So anyway, I'm thinking you got Those are your two choices, and I think it's an easy choice just from my distant perspective as far as my marriage goes. That's kind of hard to imagine such a thing, but I think I think you'd have to. You'd want to live with someone who finds you attractive and with someone that you remain with forever and not be interested in anyone else.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, And also, you know this person that you love, you want them to be who they are, you know, So if that means if you love something, let it go, that's what they say.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 2: Selfless men, selfless The hypotheticals, the hypotheticals, we're we're seeing you the best.
Speaker 1: We have one life. So with g this Thursday, we do have Rachel Rogers back on the podcast. We had such a fun conversation with her and I can't wait for y'all to hear. I love Rachel Rogers. We love Rachel Rogers. She is the CEO and founder of Hello seven, a multimillion dollar company, and she has a new book called Million Dollar Actions. So we're talking everything money and empowerment and all the things. We love Rachel. So that will be this Thursday. We love you so much. Have a good We love you. Bye.