Speaker 1: Hey everybody, it's me Matt Rogers, letting you know.
Speaker 2: Tickets are on sale now to see me on tour, the Prince of Christmas Tour, that is, I'm doing my whole album have you Heard of Christmas? Plus a lot more with the whole band all throughout December. Go to www dot Matt rodgersoficial dot com to see me in a city near you. And now Lost culch drums.
Speaker 1: Look mare, Oh, I see you my own and look over there is that culture.
Speaker 3: Yes, wow, Lost CULTU ding Dom, Lost culturess calling. It must be another episode of Lost Cult, not just any other episode. It's our first December episode.
Speaker 1: You are in your bag.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say bag. I was gonna say bag. I was gonna finish your sentence like Bessie's do.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's officially December. Today is Wednesday, December fourth. That means my tour begins tonight. Come see me in the Fonda if you're out in LA and on the road for the rest of the month, Sanah Boy Live.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 4: The people in Atlanta are very excited, are they. I was just there for Thanksgiving and everyone's saying I'm going to match show and I said, well, yes you are, come on, and they were very disappointed that you did not go last year, not to put you on black.
Speaker 3: I know, I know, you know. It's okay. It's okay, Atlanta. I'll see you this weekend. Don't be upset. Don't be upset. How was Atlanta at Lanton experience? They call it when you were when you were there, you were at Lanton.
Speaker 1: I'm Atlanta. You know. It was good. It was great.
Speaker 4: Took the Nieces to see Wicked. They loved, you know, put together some legos.
Speaker 1: We did a They.
Speaker 3: Had a chic lego set where it's Wicked. I got them a Wicked lego set where it's the dorm room, it's Glinda, it's Glinda and Elflipa's dorm room. But it opens up into this diorama of the dorm room. But it closes into oh girl, I'm not touching that. Matt just pulled out a little pre roll. Honey, honey, tell you a little story about the diorama. Oh no, no, no, it's over. Basically, well, so you you basically you saw an incredible lego diorama with the girls.
Speaker 4: This Ellie girl is very quick on the legos. She put it together in no time? What is it called no time flat?
Speaker 1: No time flat? Is that what it is? In zero second flat? Zero to hero no time flat? Woo.
Speaker 3: Now here's a question that I have for you because a lot of discourse about whether or not Wicked is actually four kids?
Speaker 1: Were they scared of the.
Speaker 4: The scary parts have to do with chi history, certain, and that's that's the only really scary thing. And then you know there's fire, there's bullying, which is always scary no matter what.
Speaker 1: Which yeah, no, that was really scary.
Speaker 3: But to speak on history, would you say the film glorifies animal abuse? And would you say that this is your opportunity to speak out against the film for the glorification of animal abuse in the film Wicked glorifies it. No know, the star of the movie, Oh my god is an animal abuser.
Speaker 1: Wicked elf? What do you mean?
Speaker 4: No, you're believing the wizards lies and marbles lies.
Speaker 3: If I come on here and I just I'm like explicitly alt right from now on, this movie is sick. They're taking people like like liberal elite Bo and Yang are taking very young children to this movie that glorifies animal abuse. And it starts queer people in lead.
Speaker 1: Roles and it's normalizing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's it should never be normal. I'm not normal. Don't normalize me, define normal. I have for what this episode could be. Yes, yes, yes, we just did a big culture catchup, right, yeah, And I thought about this. I was like, well we even talk about nothing has happened. I bought this book, this used book, and from what I can tell, it came out in the late eighties early nineties, but I'm going to reveal it to you now.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 4: It's called The Book of Questions by Gregory Stock, PhD. And I forget who recommended this. It was on some video of like What's in My Bag and some chic celebrity had this and she's like, you know, you just you're on set or something like, rather than be on your phone, you just flip through. This is an old book that you flip through and you just ask each other. Some of these questions are not super super fun, they're a little too deep. But should we just flip through?
Speaker 5: Can I tell you something? Sometimes it's not the question that needs to be fun. It's about the answer, you know, it's actually a real culture number ten. Sometimes it's not about the question that needs to be fun.
Speaker 3: It's about the answer. More value on answers over questionquestions.
Speaker 1: How about that?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I mean there are no stupid questions. There are certainly stupid answers.
Speaker 1: Baby babe into this.
Speaker 3: So you're saying, this episode is called the Book of Questions and we should ask each other from it. We should ask each other from it. And then I think we just have to pick a number from one to two seventeen. Maybe producer Beckett can help us with the number selection to randomize it. But should I just read the back cover? Ye for everyone to get a sense of what this is.
Speaker 1: What this is about to be, let us know what we can't expect from this episode. Last culture is.
Speaker 4: Okay, big head says, ask yourself, period, Ask your friends, ask your parents, ask someone you hardly know. The Book of Questions gives you permission to ask those things that are too bold, too embarrassing, or just too difficult to ask by yourself. You will find questions of integrity, of sex, of what you would do for money, even things too person to talk about out loud. This is perfect, This is perfect. One more little paragraph, may I yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh? Please?
Speaker 4: Whether you use it as a tool for self discovery or as a provocative way to stimulate conversation. This book constantly challenges attitudes, morals, beliefs, and it challenges you.
Speaker 1: I'm speechless.
Speaker 3: I'm ready to embark on this. I'm speechless.
Speaker 1: Becca, Get in the chat, Get in the chat, Becca. Okay in this episode? Okay, Oh, she's already given us a number. Okay, what does she say? Number eleven? All right, okay, let's.
Speaker 3: Hear from Bowen Yang. This is the first can we and can we get a sound effect?
Speaker 1: We don't.
Speaker 3: We won't know what the sound effect is until later. But when after Bowen says number eleven and before he reads the question, we need some sound effect. Yeah, and we are not going to weigh in on what it is. Whatever, whatever are incredible engineers and editors, Dug and choose is what we're gonna go with.
Speaker 4: Doug and Milk have fun with us or don't. Just you know, get it out of the way. This is a big ask. We're throwing this at you last minute.
Speaker 1: But feel free for this to be something that you just check right off the list. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and if it's no sound then that's also okay too. If you're slammed don't worry about it, but we're giving you an opening here.
Speaker 3: Carte Blanche, my favorite line from Public Affair by Jessica Simpson ready said, go.
Speaker 4: Does she sing carte blanche? And this she says, carte Blanche. You need to write a single called carte Blanche.
Speaker 1: Carte blan. Carte Blanche is a really good title for a Christmas song. Yeah, carte Blanche, Like like, oh, that's good. Okay, I'm ruminating on that. You should ruminate honey, all right?
Speaker 4: Full of new by the way, Oh my god, can I just before we get started on number eleven, congratulations to my moving silence sister Matt Rodgers on the new single Sandta Boy. It is fantastic triple A pop songcraft.
Speaker 1: Well done. Well thanks.
Speaker 3: I didn't know about this. You didn't tell me. I was moving in silence about it. I was moving in total silence about it, and I just decided, Okay, now's the time to put it out. I wanted to put out one more fun song before we embarked on the Prince of Christmas tour because I felt we were missing a shrewd dance pop and I want to see all the rpkfs shaking.
Speaker 1: Ass to this song.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, by the way, just to set things up, get there on time if you're coming, because I'm not waiting like ten to fifteen minutes to go on because it's standing room and it's going to be like a music show, and we didn't want to keep people who get their early standing. So if you're coming to the show, get there on time. I'll get you out of there in less than eighty minutes. How about that eighty ninety minutes.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's the perfect Goldilock zone. Well done.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Henry Koperski and Ethan Christopher who this is his first song he ever co wrote. We wrote it together, Ethan. Of course, Leland and Gable Lopez fucked it up. They absolutely went so hard on the track, way too hard, way harder than I think I deserve.
Speaker 4: But I'm still come on, it is what you deserve, it is what we deserve. Leland gave Ethan, Henry, Matt Rogers, Bravo, Bravisimo.
Speaker 1: And a boy Streamer. Thank you, my absolute number one. I love you. Just say nothing of number eleven, which is I guess when we're headed should I read it? Yes?
Speaker 4: Number eleven. You are given the power to kill people simply by thinking of their deaths and twice repeating the word goodbye. People would die in natural death and no one would suspect you. Are there any situations in which you would use this power? No, I'm not killing anybody. Oh yeah, sure, I'll kill like, don't say that.
Speaker 1: We love to cut that, We'll cut that out. I would kill.
Speaker 3: I would kill keep certain people who abuse power. By the way, this has gone already so last in such a direction, I didn't see the questions will really run the gamut?
Speaker 1: Would I kill anyone?
Speaker 3: You know what, if I saw in a moment someone trying to physically harm someone I deeply cared about, I would do it then. But I would never like premeditate. I would use this power of number eleven as self defense. And I would just want to say, going forward, if it ever does come to light that I've quote unquote killed someone, just know it was self defense. I would never premeditated kill someone. I'm not a killer. I don't identify as a killer. Whenever I even see movies where there is a killer, I never understand them. I don't identify with any of these girls.
Speaker 4: How could you snuff out human life? It's so crazy.
Speaker 1: I just don't think it's your responsibility.
Speaker 3: So you're saying that you would only use it if you were in a situation where you saw someone harming your friend, like if I.
Speaker 1: Saw someone rushing you, if I saw someone rushing for myself. Don't worry Bowen. No, you can't, not if you're back. Yes, I can't.
Speaker 3: First of all, it's don't make this into it. I'm trying to save your fucking life, bitch. So get bet you know what, Just get him, Go get him. He doesn't want my help.
Speaker 1: Go get him. Oh so you kill me, you won't use the power so that I will die. Now he's making a face. I'm doing it now to say goodbye you just goodbye. He lives. You were just didn't happen. A pelican didn't fly through the window, and its peak didn't impale his skull like hold on, hold.
Speaker 3: On, Oh, it's natural causes, that is what whatever.
Speaker 1: I guess.
Speaker 4: It's a natural cause. You just gave eleven stranger things down. Bobby could never about to get a nosebleed.
Speaker 3: I did think when I saw that character, I thought should be me, should be me?
Speaker 1: I mean not, no, So what about you now now you yeah, you don't feel comfortable. You would do it.
Speaker 3: I would do it, but you just said you wouldn't snuff out human life. There are absolutely situations where someone's death would be helpful to the greater good.
Speaker 1: Honestly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like that question that they asked right Like if they gave you a baby and put it in your hands, and you said, what's the baby's name? And they said Adolf. This is Adolf Hitler and the baby in your arms was Adolf Hitler.
Speaker 1: W WJD one other questions. Jesus, Jesus Christ. I don't know.
Speaker 3: That's a tough one. That's a really tough one. One option is you could run away with the baby and put it in a nice atmosphere, you know what I mean. Yeah, but it's this is about current day, Matt Rodgers and the year twenty twenty four. If you were given the power to kill people simply by thinking of their deaths and twice repeating the word dubai, would you do it? Depends on the day. Probably not, probably likely nough no one would suspect you, and you just have to live with you, just because I would live with That's the thing is like my brain works over time, and I wouldn't be able to live with the guilt. And I don't think neither could you. I definitely would have a hard time. I just think certain deaths could be good.
Speaker 1: I hear you, I hear you there.
Speaker 3: I think, how about this mm hmm, if this power ever happens to either of us, let's tell each other yes, and if something comes up where it feels like someone should, let's just talk it through. But then it's ooh, it's a one to one vote, like it's there needs to be an odd number here. Let's also say Becca, Becca needs to weigh in if we were to have the power, and that includes you, beca. If you were to have the power, beca, what do you think?
Speaker 6: Okay, So, just to be clear, the power is to kill anybody and no one would know. And it would be no one would know a natural death, natural death. Oh it would be I missed that part, okay, like a heart attack.
Speaker 7: They would just die and no one will know.
Speaker 1: No, I think the whole thing is less fun.
Speaker 7: That's only by brutal.
Speaker 1: Only by brutal.
Speaker 3: I mean, like, if we're going to kill someone, at least let's have fun doing it. Like I wanted, Like, honestly, when I was just eleven ing, well, that's kind of funny that her name is eleven and this was question eleven. Oh my god, it was the spookiest episodes yet. And I thought it was December and not October. But this actually is one of the scariest episodes we've ever done so far period. First line of the description and one of the scariest. So yeah, Comma, Matt and Bowen and yeah, go through the Book of Questions.
Speaker 8: The power, Rebecca, Okay, the fire sign in me, like my double fire big three is like absolutely, Like I can think of specifically like two people on the top of my head and I'm like they're gone. But I would riddle me like I couldn't sit being the only person who knew that.
Speaker 4: What is the emotional What is the interiority of knowing that you have the power even if you don't use it. You're like, I have the power.
Speaker 7: That I feel like would weigh on me because it's for death is in your hands. It's like whatever death note you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's death note yea.
Speaker 1: I deeply just want my own little positive life, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean, Like I don't I don't even want to think about it.
Speaker 8: That's what I think is the worst part, because it is very heavy on you. It's like you carry darkness.
Speaker 1: You essentially are the grim Reaper. Are you comfortable with that?
Speaker 3: If you're comfortable with the knowledge that you, Becca Ramos are the grim Reaper, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know about that. I don't know how I sleep at night as the grim Reaper.
Speaker 7: It's like, what if you have the wrong thought and then someone just dies. You know, you were just having a bad.
Speaker 8: Day, exactly, exactly exactly what happened to me, Like we've all had bad days.
Speaker 7: Best friend's ex thought about it too hard.
Speaker 3: Of course, it's over, goodbye, goodbye, goodbye. Plus it's better for those people to live better, for them to live and see you thrive.
Speaker 7: I want to know they're miserable in every lifetime.
Speaker 4: Yes, there's an asterisk at the end of this question, and I look to the back and there's an additional follow up question, and I think we I think we're all in agreement with this, but I'll read it. If you can imagine yourself killing someone indirectly, could you still see doing so? If you had to look into the person's eyes and stab the person to death. Have you ever genuinely wanted to kill someone or where someone does? No, No, that's not an impulse.
Speaker 1: I have never.
Speaker 4: That's if someone answers yes to number eleven. Aster risk that's concerning.
Speaker 1: The Book of Questions is crazy. What was this published?
Speaker 3: I just want to make sure everybody over one million in prints.
Speaker 7: This is like the dark version of We're Not Really Strangers.
Speaker 3: This was published in nineteen eighty five. What's We're not really Strangers?
Speaker 7: Oh my god, you guys don't know.
Speaker 1: No, I am.
Speaker 8: The queen of We're Not Really Strangers. Okay, so it is. I'm like, do I go grab it? It is this card game that is kind of intimate, and they have different versions of it now they have like a friendship version and a family version.
Speaker 7: But the whole point is that it is three sections of.
Speaker 8: Cards and you go through them one on one with somebody and they kind of get more deep as you go. Oh, because you do like about six to eight cards per round, like yes the question, and they ask you a question and you answer them kind of like this book, and then as you get to the end, you then write a little note about your experience with this person and you give it to them and they read it.
Speaker 7: Oh, it is very intimate, but I love it.
Speaker 1: That's a lot. That is a lot.
Speaker 7: Make everyone play it.
Speaker 8: I'm like, you want to get close to me, we're playing We're not really strangers right now.
Speaker 4: I thought you were going to say that, like this was like a light version of that New York Times questionnaire where you ask these questions and you fall in love with the person, which does not work, by the way, Oh it doesn't work, But this sounds even more intense.
Speaker 7: Yes it is.
Speaker 8: It's pretty intense, especially because they have now all these expansion packs, like they have like the early Dating expansion back, which I do recommend if you're like on a date three with somebody bringing that out to be like, are we worth dating any further?
Speaker 3: No, No, I was just going to say, the craziest people in America are doing this on dates.
Speaker 7: Yes, not the craziest person is doing the big one on the first date.
Speaker 1: That is like, oh, no, that's absurd. That's we need.
Speaker 3: I would think number eleven about those types of people, because literally, I'm.
Speaker 7: Like, you're like, I don't know you. We don't need to be having this conversation.
Speaker 8: Now, only a long term relationship one like if you've been in Ah, sure they have like a family one. They have like a deep friendships one, like people even friends with like you guys for years.
Speaker 4: If you're snowed in with your significant other, yeah, perfect game to play.
Speaker 3: It's cute, like, Oh, snowed in with significant other? You bring out what's.
Speaker 7: It called, we're not really stranger.
Speaker 1: We're not really.
Speaker 4: Strangers, and that's a rule of culture. Number seventy two.
Speaker 3: With your significant other, you bring out, we're not really strangers?
Speaker 1: Should we do the next question? Yes? Backet, Now give us another number. Okay, three, three, she's staying on the low end. Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Another Okay, this is another really intense one. I mean, I guess this is the book of questions.
Speaker 1: Do it? Do it? That's the book of questions. Number three.
Speaker 3: If you were to die this evening with no opportunity to kate with anyone, what would you most regret not having told someone? Why haven't you told them yet?
Speaker 1: Oh? Oh my god.
Speaker 3: This is so crazy. We can't answer this.
Speaker 1: I mean I think we have to. We have to, we have to do this.
Speaker 3: Oh my brain goes one place like it's parental.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's about the parents.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, this episode went so hard into the book of questions. I don't even like putting this out there, but like, if someone in your immediate family were to go without you, girl, this is so fucking crazy without you being like, thank you for you know, pouring everything you had into raising me, into giving me a good family, a good foundation. Like I respect and love you so much, like you know what I mean, Like that is something that I think is so worth it to share with parents. But the thing is, I think that there is no more intimate relationship then if you really think about it, like the one between parent and child, you know what I mean, Like that is like hopefully if all works out, yeah, well yes, but I mean like when that relationship exists, Yeah, Like that is the most intimate thing. And I think it's so intimate that it's like the true base of your emotions is revealed in that expression of gratitude for being on this planet, you know what I mean, Like that is very intimate, that acknowledgment and that you know, it's especially when you know you're someone who grows up and like, like anyone I would imagine that there's strife between parents and children. You know, everyone has those issues and those blocks, but that for that reason is probably my answer to this question, is why haven't you told them yet? Because it's very hard to like, I don't know access that all that.
Speaker 4: I know, I always want to go beyond the moment of telling either my parents that I love them, which I do all the time, and they get very vulnerable and they kind of cut right to like the heart of something where they're like, yes, I'm like whoa, Like all right, Like this is not the right time or place for this conversation. And I wish I killed that instinct a.
Speaker 3: Little bit more of theirs of mine to be like to like I don't shut it down, but I kind of dismissed it. And I'm like, no, I should I should let that play, let that breathe, Like it's there's a reason they're communicating this, and yes, yeah, like for all the hardships that like my my parents and I have had, like now, it's so beautiful and lovely and it's and it's always been in a way, and and I just want to tell them like none of this would have been possible without you. And they gave me an opportunity even though they did not by like literally moving out of China so that I could have been born and moving to the US and making sure I was okay for the most part, even though they didn't understand what I was doing, Like that is a huge thing for them. And can you imagine moving to a place where you don't speak the language, where you are immediately no a different, Like you're immediately marked in the society as someone who's different and someone who whose assumptions are created about you. Like I mean, the sacrifice is immense.
Speaker 4: Yes, they tell me this all the time, and it's not to guilt me, but it's like they want me to internalize that, and I have and it's just but no amount of thought about it will ever like make that unremarkable.
Speaker 1: It's so remarkable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Also the totality of so basically I don't know if you notice this. I'm sure you do it. I'm sure that's part of what you're getting at. But my father has become so much more emotional as time goes on. I think it's because the estrogen starts popping, and man, as they get older, and I just think about your father and to understand and really wrap your mind around what that sacrifice ends it up doing in a macro sense, in a cosmic sense, like he moved to this country, well countries, you know what I mean, Like made it work so much so that his son is a superstar and not. But here's the thing I'm gonna say it. You're shying away from it, but wow, if you could go back in time and be like, you might not even understand this later, but your son is going to be able to literally pursue his dream in America and become so brilliant at it that it's inspiring and changes things for other people. I mean, I just hope that part of what they're experiencing when they are trying to say that to you is that they acknowledge that how successful they were. That's just something that I think is truly an incredible story.
Speaker 1: It is an incredible story.
Speaker 4: They had one outfit per year that my grandma basically sewed her six children pants, but she hemmed the pants to like short little pants, right, And then as they got older, they had one pair of pants their entire childhood into their teenage years, and then every year as they grew she would take the hem out and then just roll it down, like they had one outfit for their entire and they would sleep together in the same room, huddled together in the cold of inner Mongolia with no light. Like it's like my grandma had her feet bound two generations ago. My illiterate grandmother was raising six kids with her feet bound, and like that practice had been illegal for like twenty years in China, but then she didn't know about it until someone from the coastal cities like went into god the landlocked parts of that country, and they were like take the binding off. Like wow, it's it's crazy.
Speaker 1: It is crazy.
Speaker 3: And I think that that is that idea is so big and there's complicated feelings with people, like even though those sacrifices have been made, it's there's of course just that that because then you are an American child growing up and like you know what I mean, there is something about I think I experienced with my with this is my father too. I remember one time it came up that I was going to have to go to work one day in high school to my busboy job, and it was raining, and I said something like I hope they call me off work because it would I could use my time better being at home, like studying or something, or like doing something else. And I don't want to go to work because we'll make no money. And my dad lost his mind on me and he was like you go to work. And we had this crazy fight and I did go to work, made no money, came back early. But later he knocked on my door and he was very tearful and he was like, I'm really sorry I overreacted. I just sometimes wish your grandfather was an influence in your life. And that's when I realized he was like really going through something and thinking about his own father. And it was like obviously like baggage that was coming out.
Speaker 1: But there's this.
Speaker 3: Idea that like when you think about your history and your lineage, there is a guilt because people didn't have options in terms of comfort, in terms of you know, trajectory of their life. Like it was just you woke up and you did it and you put your head down. And I think generationally that is difficult for people to wrap their heads around, like someone who was a baby boomer, like in America, you know what I mean, like have a different idea of what it means to like go about this. And I think I was experiencing that in that moment, and it's like from you to your father to his father, those are three completely different abject realities.
Speaker 1: So of course there's going to be like lack of understanding.
Speaker 4: But for you, it's like from your father to his father, it's like the through line there. And I hope I'm sure you were impacted by that overreaction on his end, but it's like, yeah, that is like you getting this work ethic that like, no one works harder than you, no one works harder than you.
Speaker 3: Well, that's very nice of you to say. I would point to yourself. But I mean, like I remember if it was so unfair at the time that I was being treated this way, I'm sure you know what it's what I'm talking about. When it's like this is something that my father is just wrong about, I know, you know, but it's like now looking back, I'm like, I do understand it. I have compassionate empathy for it. My dad used to tell me when I was very little, very little, one of his famous lines was I know everything, and if you ever have a question, you asked me. And I actually believe that, yeah, and I don't I understand what he's trying to do I don't know if I don't know if I would do it. Well, you know, my dad is my dad, you know what I mean, Like he's he's very similar to me, Like we both have very performative personalities. We're both you know, gravitated towards being the center of attention. And I think that like he would say something like that because he doesn't want me to value someone else's opinion or knowledge in the world over his.
Speaker 1: You know, he's my father.
Speaker 3: But then when they reveal themselves to be human beings later, that is when you as a son, there is a moment of like you almost feel frustrated about it. Not that you were lied to, but that it almost feels like, oh, you didn't know everything. You're a human being just like everyone else.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he second guess everything, but it does become like a core belief. But then it's great to know that your parents are human.
Speaker 4: You would want to say all of this and more to your parents to answer the question.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, right, Like it's hard, Like I remember, we've had moments where it really does happen more with my dad and like it happens less with my mom. But I think he becomes more emotional as he gets older, and I think you're recognizing that as well.
Speaker 4: Right absolutely, And as we're talking about this, like to go back to going to Atlanta for Thanksgiving, Like, I just know for a fact, I got so stressed out because the kids, you know, had moments, as they should their kids, they had moments where they were.
Speaker 1: Distressed and well, Chistory was being abused, Chisty was.
Speaker 4: Being abused, and there was a whole bunch of stuff going on, you know, every every other hour. There was just some kind of mini meltdown. And I realized that that's normal. But for me, I was like, this is more stressed than I've ever felt than I felt in the last two months of yeah, work and wicked press and like all that stuff. I'm like, this is more. Anytime someone's like I don't know how you do it, I'm like, no, that's easy. Like what's hard for me is watching these beautiful children get stressed out and then my sister and my brother in law having a handle it, and my mom having a handle it.
Speaker 3: But I'm like, shout out to the parents.
Speaker 1: This is my thing. I could never do it.
Speaker 4: And my thing is like anytime someone asked me what your drag name would be, anytime someone asks me like, what would your like restaurant be called or whatever, I'm like, I don't know the answer to that, because I have too much respect for the thing to know that I would never be in that situation.
Speaker 1: I will never.
Speaker 3: I will never. I have such reverence for my parents, for your parents, for any parent.
Speaker 9: Who doesn't drag artist and drag artists and restauranteur who pours their heart and sole into this thing, like I could never, literally, I could never.
Speaker 3: Well, I feel like a couple of our group chats have been active and because it's the holidays and people be texting, so everyone is saying the same thing, which.
Speaker 1: Is I'm never having kids.
Speaker 3: I'm never having kids, so much like even the people that wanted kids in our life are suddenly like turned around and be like like, it's tough, it is tough.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: The Book of Dansons, the Book of Questions is popping off. Okay, Becca, give us another number.
Speaker 1: One through two hundred and seventeen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, come on, let's get deep, not that we haven't yet, I mean deeper than numeric, Like.
Speaker 1: Okay, she's.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, here we go. This is I like this number one two? Oh, this is simple.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: What do you value most in a relationship? And I guess this is open ended. I guess this could be romantic, This could be acquaintanceship, friendship, whatever, in a relationship. I'm gonna say, I'm gonna interpret this as romantic.
Speaker 3: I guess, yeah, let's choose to interpret it romantically. What do you value most in a romantic relationship?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say something that's kind of like an iroll maybe, yeah, but comfort.
Speaker 3: I think comfort is an incredible thing to look for, and it's so valuable. Everything else falls into Yes, I think once you're comfortable, I think that's literally, I mean, that's where vulnerability comes from. That's where understanding comes from. I think that's obviously what I'm going to say comes from this, which is trust, which I think is so different than honesty. It's so different than all those things. Trust, Like, it really hurts when someone breaks your trust.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally. I mean that's like betrayal. I mean it's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know, you can trust me, and then turning around and being untrustworthy.
Speaker 1: That's true, villain behavior. That's evil ass.
Speaker 4: It is a mutual sort of buy in right in a way, It's like you trust the person, and so therefore what dictates your behavior around that person is to make sure that you build that trust with them and that they trust you in return. And then when that is, when that is violated, it is so painful, it's.
Speaker 1: Not so good.
Speaker 3: But then in terms of comfort too, it's just like, you know, what I've been like dating a lot. Like something I'm I think I'm trying to find now is like instant comfort, like like it's gonna be some like it's gonna be some kind of sign you know, like me too. But that is that's bad. If you feel instantly comfortable, that's when your guard is down. That's when you start looking the other way. That's when you start ignoring things. And I also think comfort, at least for me, is also based in a little bit of like sexual attraction. It's like, oh, I'm comfortable here, Like I think I could like ultimately potentially use my body in a certain way with this person. Yeah, like and I think that that Maybe I'm just thinking about my own past, But that is what makes you ignore red flags. Both and the other person and yourself. It's just important that I just don't want to get fooled in.
Speaker 1: Totally. That's trust.
Speaker 4: I feel like that's trust too, Like I trust you to I trust you enough that I'm going to use my to use your word, use my body.
Speaker 3: No, my I don't think you later is about a certain thing. But because that, I guess we're kind of saying the same thing ultimately, like I want.
Speaker 1: To be able to be really available to you and not be sorry later.
Speaker 3: Totally, I guess the subtle difference in our answers is I'm thinking of comfort in terms of like internal comfort, like between the two people or whatever, and then outer comfort, which is to say that like which is the classic thing of like can this person Like can I leave this person alone at a party? Not that that's like the thing that I value the most. It's just like a good sign. It's that that's a sign of comfort. That's a manifestation of comfort to me.
Speaker 4: Can I I have the scenario I'm like, this is so eye roll, but I'm like, can this person hang in the fire Island house?
Speaker 1: Of like me?
Speaker 4: You, Josh, Aaron Patrick Wit, you know, like everyone is.
Speaker 3: That what you would want, But I also think about this. I sometimes think about would you want your cigo to be around all the time?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know yet. Yeah, I think I've had versions of both.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and what would you prefer one?
Speaker 1: I actually I have.
Speaker 3: No idea, because I mean, out of everything I've been in, like, I clearly still don't know what's the best thing for me.
Speaker 1: That's kind of what I'm still looking for.
Speaker 4: Like, I don't know, but what to use Henry Koperski as an example, like a cigo who was around.
Speaker 1: A lot of time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and everyone was thrilled about that. Absolutely, And now look at you guys, you're like, still you still have a wonderful friendship. But I'll say this, and this is not revealing anything, I think, because I think he would say this.
Speaker 1: He wasn't always comfortable with it. Oh of course, So you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: It's like you like, it's a lot to be around a lot of people who are like, you know whatever, comedians and like.
Speaker 1: On all the time. Oh my god, it's interesting.
Speaker 3: It's a little bit of like an ask, you know when not that I feel like it's an ask to date me.
Speaker 1: But I get why someone wouldn't want to.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's it's a huge aster risk. Yeah, it's a risk, you know, it's a lot, it's a lot.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's just a lot of energy that goes in and goes out. That's what it's about. Yeah, anyway, Okay.
Speaker 3: I love that question too. Comfort and trust. I'm sure people will agree. Some people out there are going to be real horn dogs are just like a good dick.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Let's go with another question, Becca, give it two hundred and six. Okay, you're really playing the extremes and the polls.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 3: Okay, number two hundred and six. Would you be willing to eat a bowl of live crickets for forty thousand dollars?
Speaker 1: Yes, a bowl of live crickets for thirty thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: I'm chopping down on them thereby killing them.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I've had bugs in the past. Totally fine, kind of flavorless. It's just a texture thing, and it's just it's a mental thing of like, oh, I'm swallowing a bug and that's but once you get past that, it's like, oh it's fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I think I might need to see the crickets the bowl.
Speaker 4: Here Okay, let's google. Let's google a bowl of crickets. Becka says, it's no taxies like cash money.
Speaker 3: Crazy answer, like, so you would do it for forty thousand, but not what thirty two thousand?
Speaker 1: Sure beca no, that's still we never know.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 8: When I think about the lottery, right, and how people are like broke after they win the lottery, or like when you get those cars on Oprah and then you're in debt, Like I want to see like a trunk of cash and they're like, here you go, babe, no iffans or butts.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, crickets, here's a cash.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but if there's work for me after I eat those crickets, there's no catch.
Speaker 3: Let's just let's just assume there's no catch. I mean, I'm saying, yeah, I'm thinking, what is can you a bowl of crickets?
Speaker 1: I put it in the chat. I put in the chat.
Speaker 3: Oh see, I don't know that this bowl of crickets is so crazy looking.
Speaker 7: It's a this all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, That's what I'm saying, is like I would need to see the bowl because suddenly it's like forty thousand dollars seems not enough money for this, Like this is this is probably not only physically difficult, but like digestionally impossible to take all these crickets to the thumb? Can I actually modify this question a little bit?
Speaker 1: Can you? It's the Book of Questions?
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, yeah, Well look it was published in nineteen eighty five. Forty thousand dollars in nineteen eighty five is the equivalent to one hundred and fifteen thousand dollars?
Speaker 1: Now okay, now let's look at this cricket ball again.
Speaker 7: And that's what I'm wearing. No tax one hundred you know what?
Speaker 1: Hundred K?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 1: Can I make an addentum on the question? Yeah? Can I put buffalo sauce on this? Yeah?
Speaker 7: I didn't say you couldn't.
Speaker 1: Then I'll still do it for forty I love buffalo sauce.
Speaker 4: I'll put it on anything. Yeah, put it on anything. I would do barbecue.
Speaker 1: That's what the difference is.
Speaker 3: That's no, I love buffalo too, you know I love Buffalo. Oh, come on, anyone who's not like a Buffalo fan, I could not date them. Then that might be closed on the top of the list. Like things you're looking for the traits. The other question, Buffalo lover I need a buffalo lover for show. Toss me in it, toss me in it, all right, Becca, new number, new number.
Speaker 1: They were clearly running out of ideas.
Speaker 3: They started so hot at three and eleven, and then they were like, would you eat a bowl of crickets?
Speaker 1: Sixty nine? Oh my god? This absolute freak for sexty nine?
Speaker 4: Can somebody maunch Becca's freak number sixty nine? If a friend were almost all ways late, would you resent it or simply allow for it?
Speaker 1: Can you be counted on to be on time? Okay?
Speaker 4: I've had conversations with people even after they were like forty five minutes late once, yeah, and I'm like, that wasn't okay. I'm generally I have. I have my moments like today I was late. I asked to push our you know, zoom back five to ten minutes.
Speaker 3: That late I mean us for five and then I said ten or well, that's not late. I'm not going to say that I'm always on time. I try to be, okay, can I still and let me let me also throw out there for me personally, ten minutes late is not late.
Speaker 1: It's not late, like ten minutes late is not late.
Speaker 3: Like I don't I don't really care you you text me and be like, hey, I'm just running ten behind. I know you're on your way ten minutes. In the grand scheme of life, I can sit there.
Speaker 4: Becka says, thirty plus minutes is late. Agree, that's like if someone were almost always late, that would be an issue.
Speaker 3: If you're over thirty minutes late all the time, it's definitely an issue because why should I take on the responsibility of navigating my own shit around the fact.
Speaker 1: That you're always late?
Speaker 3: Because then, guess what, I can't say it out loud. I can't have an honest conversation with you. I can't honestly be like, Okay, well you said two, I'm gonna show up at two thirty because you're you ha ha ha, because then you're gonna show up at three, right, and now we're an hour after when we wanted to hang. So I don't know, just understand like that chronic lateness like that. Rue Paul says, that's being addicted to the feeling of being late. That's an addiction.
Speaker 1: Actually, Whoa totally?
Speaker 3: And I also am like if you can't be dependable with other people, then then there's something about you that is not dependable to yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, first of all, I think one of the reasons why there aren't people in my life that I have this problem with is because if you have displayed this behavior, I wrote.
Speaker 1: You off already.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, Yes, kinda. I mean, like if you're saying, I will never forget One time years ago, I let Catherine Cohen sit at a diner for forty minutes waiting for me. I will never forget it. I will always feel bad about it, the guilt, and I could tell she was annoyed, and she should have been. But like she also sat with me still and gave me forty five minutes of lunch at the diner that I did make, not deserve, because forty minutes late is crazy and it haunts me the one time. If this was something about me, like that was a reliable thing. The only reliable thing about me is that you're unreliable. Ooh, that's not gonna work. That's not gonna work. Hm hm, all right. I feel like so far this is a nice sampling of questions.
Speaker 1: This has been a rollercoaster ride.
Speaker 3: Okay, should we do a few more? Yes, let's do three more, three more more, Okay, thirty four our freaking age.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, hell.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hell yeah, Number thirty four. What was your most enjoyable dream, your worst nightmare? I think I have my worst nightmare for sure, Okay, and it's really dark and it's really vulnerable that I'm sharing this with everybody, but I'm happy to. But I have I have a dream that I from childhood that I still think about, which is crazy. So maybe I'll go there.
Speaker 3: Go there, whatever you whatever you feel comfortable with. Is this the vulnerable one?
Speaker 4: No, I mean they're both kind of they're both like random and weird. They're dreams.
Speaker 1: I know my nightmare, but I'm still thinking on my dream.
Speaker 4: Okay, my dream. I had this when I was like seven, and for some reason it was I woke up in the most euphoric state and I still think about it and I don't know why, but it was basically like it was a dream that turned into a nightmare. So it that I was like on the phone before FaceTime. I was like I was on like a video call, so like as a seven year old, like with technology did not exist back then. So it blew my mind that I was talking to like a class full of girls my age, but of just a bunch of cute girls. For some reason, it thrilled me that I was talking to all these cute girls who were like, we love you. Bowen, my gay adult asked for I don't know what this means subconsciously, but like there was something about that dream where I was just in heaven talking to all these people who like adored me. Uh and it was like attention or something I don't know. But then the call ended with them being like, oh no, the bully is here. The bully is here. And then I was like, I'll protect you. And then somehow fast forward, I'm on a bed, jumping up and down the bed, fighting fist, fighting the bully while we're both jumping up and down on this bed, and then I woke up in the dream.
Speaker 1: But I still think about so random. But for you, when you had this seven seven, I.
Speaker 4: Still think about, like, oh my god, the thrill of just like talking to like cute people, like cute girls.
Speaker 1: You know who are those girls represented? The katies? Yes, oh my god, katies.
Speaker 4: Let's do a FaceTime and you guys tell me who the bully is and I will fight them.
Speaker 1: We need to find out who the bully is because to go. It was just literally go.
Speaker 4: It was like a big kid and I was like a small, scrawny guy. Okay, so that's my most enjoyable dream.
Speaker 1: Do you have one?
Speaker 3: So I am going to share this one that I've had not had had a dream when I was little, and this one always stuck with me because it really was scary and sort of surreal and twisted. I remember I was dreaming that I was with a bunch of my friends, like in some sort of cave, but we were all Muppet babies. So me and my friends were Muppet babies and we were like in this cave, like sort of aware of the fact that there was a monster.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: And then I remember like coming around a corner and then being in my childhood kitchen and my mother was making food in the kitchen and I was calling out to her, like, Mom, I think there's a monster. She couldn't hear me, Like I was like, and I was Muppet baby sized, so I was just a generic Muppet baby or I don't really remember, but like that's what we were.
Speaker 1: You were a cute little puppet.
Speaker 3: I was like a little animated Muppet baby. And so then I'm in my kitchen and I'm like, mom, there's a monster coming, and she can't hear me, and she's like, I'm putting something in the oven.
Speaker 1: The oven is involved.
Speaker 3: So then the monster come around the corner and it's it. Actually, he was like, you know that McDonald's character, which is like a bunch of strings. He's like, yeah, yeah, you know what I mean, like Grimace. I think no, Grimace is purple. The little the fry, the fry guys.
Speaker 4: God, what was there were little little pom poms, the mc dougal McDonald's fry guys, fry guys.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, yeah, literally a lot like this. That's the tall but tall and like orange and another Muppet in a way.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So he comes over to me, picks me up, puts me in the oven and closes the door. And I looked out the oven at my mother and was yelling mom, Mom, Mom, and she still couldn't hear me. And I remember, like, just the the idea that I wasn't heard when I was screaming for help from this monster and then I was too small to get anyone's attention like that stayed with me.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: And it's one of the very few dreams from my childhood that I remember because it really like shook me. That's a nightmare. That's your worst nightmare. Yeah, And then a dream. I don't know anyone where I sec I love any of my dreams. And if you know, you know when you have like a full blown like narrative in it, Like sometimes I'll feel like I woke up from a dream and I feel like I started Lord of the Rings, like when you whenever you have a dream that's.
Speaker 4: Like an RPG, bitch, you can play them in real life.
Speaker 1: Maybe I should. I don't think it dream to me.
Speaker 4: Oh I think you would like some girl, girl. My nightmare is really bad. Wait, you don't want to It involves me like killing someone.
Speaker 3: I like, this is the death episode in a way. Who does your dream this?
Speaker 4: I was at a grocery store and then like I just I didn't shop, I didn't steal anything, but I was like leaving the grocery store pushing my cart, and then this woman.
Speaker 3: Chases after me.
Speaker 4: She's like, you took you, you stole this, and I was like no, I didn't, and she was like she was about to kill me. And then I like picked up my cart and swung it and just kept hitting her with my cart.
Speaker 3: It's so dark.
Speaker 1: Was my worst nightmare?
Speaker 4: Is like my own action and my the violence that I was capable of in them very coming. Well, yeah, that's what's disturbing to me. But meanwhile, I'm I'm I'm answering number eleven saying yeah, I would, I would do it, but like there's something about the power of murder, of killing someone that like what breaks breaks your soul.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, I mean that that is a horrible feeling to have to sit with. I'm sorry that's your worst nightmare.
Speaker 4: Anyway, I bet it's such an easy answer. I was like, that is the most disturbed I've ever felt.
Speaker 3: I need to start writing down my dreams more. I think that would be interesting, like taking a dream journal.
Speaker 1: Do you ever? Have you ever done it?
Speaker 4: The times that I have the wherewithal to like grab my phone or whatever and type type the dream in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I got so inspired by Kirsten Dunst, like her you using her dreams as like acting sort of like guidelines. I try that for a thing, and I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It really helped for what wedding banquet?
Speaker 4: No, for for uh, I forget something.
Speaker 3: I guess we'll have to see in your upcoming performances. Which one feels the most dream inspired, subconsciously informed. Who?
Speaker 1: Okay, well, let's get another number.
Speaker 4: I feel really sort of naked in a good way, Like I feel like everyone's really getting to know me to.
Speaker 1: The last one.
Speaker 4: Oh, this is very interesting. Let's hear it, number two hundred and seventeen. If you were guaranteed honest responses to any three questions, who would you question and what would you ask? I guess I okay, let's get it.
Speaker 3: No, honestly, like, I know who I would ask, and I think what the three questions were, but and I think I have asked.
Speaker 1: Them, but I just don't know if they were honest answers.
Speaker 4: The thing is like, this is a deep one, and this is going to take me a while to answer to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is this one's tough. There's an interesting reason why this one's last. It's an expansive question. Yeah, they really kind of I don't know if it's almost with that they ate with that they really they they definitely hmmm.
Speaker 4: Okay, Becka saying number one O three, number one O three, does the fact that you have never done something before increase or decrease, it's appeal to you.
Speaker 3: Oh, decrease. I think decrease comes at this point. Yeah, yeah, at this point in my life. This is this goes back to the comfort of it all. I'm like, I have felt thrills, yeah, of all kinds. I'm good with something, even I'm good with boring. I was actually just thinking the other day, like about I don't think my sister's having kids. I'm not having kids. Probably, like I was thinking about my parents again, being like, oh, they won't get to be grandparents. And then I thought to myself, well, not everyone gets to have every experience and that is okay. And also I don't know. I also related to like skiing. It's like maybe there's a reason I haven't done yet because my legs to happen half. I don't know, it's just I think that that's like this is like this question is scarcely in mindset, you know what I mean, Like, I don't I'm not self conscious about experiences I have plenty.
Speaker 4: I'm all about an interpersonal thrill, like I don't have to have it be this like activity, but I love activity. I just don't know if that's like the gradient that I'm thinking about necessarily.
Speaker 1: I agree. I agree.
Speaker 3: I mean I think like I've done things to do them already.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean there are things that I've done that I want to explore further because as I've already done them, and I'm like, I liked that. Like I want to go like I want to hike more intentionally and intensely. I want to like learn new languages. I want to like do I just I don't know. I want to like do stuff that I already know that I enjoy and that there's a wide.
Speaker 3: Expansive horizon for more to come, you.
Speaker 1: Know, agree, Agree, Okay, new question, new question. Let's do one more, one more, and then we'll do out of things. Bene twenty.
Speaker 3: I'm that's my lucky number. This is gonna be a great question going to end on.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, interesting number twenty two.
Speaker 1: If you could.
Speaker 4: Use this is kind of similar to the first. All right, if you could use a voodoo doll to hurt anyone.
Speaker 1: You chose, would you? My god?
Speaker 4: See, yeah, this is very similar to this, very similar. They got lazy, They got lazy. It's not Boody killing someone. Becka saying she might do that.
Speaker 3: No, because you know what like putting someone in pain. This is even worse than the other one because the other one is like you'll think of someone and they'll die of a peaceful death, natural causes. This is like wanting to cause someone pain. It makes me even more uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this book is so cursed.
Speaker 3: The look of question the person book who wrote this Gregory Styles.
Speaker 4: Gregory Stock says, if you could choose, if you could use the voodoo doll to hurt anyone you chose, would you Okay, so you're your answer is no, I honor that.
Speaker 1: I don't want to hurt people. I really don't.
Speaker 3: I and I like, I know, I don't have that kind of ill will.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, I don't want anyone to be in any pain. I just.
Speaker 3: I really don't like that's I don't know, like when people are like are people born good or evil?
Speaker 1: I'm like good. Hmm. Interesting, what if it was No, I don't want her in pain.
Speaker 3: I don't want her to be in really, no, you're not gonna want this in the episode, Okay, yeah.
Speaker 1: We'll take it out.
Speaker 3: Well, Okay, Becca's asking what if it was a bad migraine once a month? I don't want people to feel nauseous and in pain because of me.
Speaker 1: They're gonna feel pain no matter what life is suffering. Have you seen mad but that I have.
Speaker 3: That doesn't mean that you should be the person to explicitly contribute to that physical suffering. You guys are scaring me with your devil's advocacy.
Speaker 1: I'm not kidding.
Speaker 4: I've not been a devil's advocate. I have been mostly aligned with you, except for the first and the last question that you would kill and cause I know, actually, no, no, no, actually we are aligned on the first question, like it's it's not worth the not worth it, the guilt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I would have guilt about giving someone a migraine.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, my graines are awful. They are awful. They are debilitating. I knew a waitress named Crystal. She had to leave work.
Speaker 1: And her dad had told her, you have to go to work.
Speaker 3: She had to leave work, and she had to go home and face her father, who, no doubt was like, if your grandfather was around, he'd be so disappointed in you. While she clutches her temple, nauseous in pain for a migraine, debilitated, unable to see out of one eye. I wouldn't wish a migraine on my worst enemy. I swear and trust and believe.
Speaker 8: A lot.
Speaker 3: One of these questions about causing someone pain On my worst day, maybe I get a little edgy in terms of this question. But on today, No, it is December. I'm the Prince of Christmas.
Speaker 1: I can't be giving people migraines. No, you gotta give gifts you have, you have a title to uphold. That would be bad for business. Bo Oh, I know, I know, stan Cole a migraine.
Speaker 4: I feel like people have made up their minds about me at this point. I'm like, well I can, I can kind of do whatever I want. This is what makes you Alphabet and me Glinda.
Speaker 1: You realize this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, although.
Speaker 4: I would say Glinda would align herself with power, which is I guess neither of us are doing that.
Speaker 3: It would be no trust me like Glinda would never give someone a migraine.
Speaker 4: Alphabe, Alphaba wouldn't give someone a migrone on purpose? What are you trying to say? Yes she would, No, she wouldn't. The Wizard of Oz, No, no she wouldn't, And no, let me quote her. Her fought nobody in all of our No wizard that there is or was, is ever gonna bring me down. That's protective, bro. She's not saying fuck the Wizard. She said to protect he would she would like press, like give him a migraine. You forget that?
Speaker 1: Can I say something?
Speaker 3: There is so much revisionist history here, and the Wicked film not only glorifies animal abuse, but also erases the fact that Alphaba, if she loved Fierro so much, why does she set him on fire? In the Wizard of Oz movie, there's a huge plot hole, huge plot timelines are different. It's silver slippers not ruby. It's like, come on, come on, we're not doing this. No, no, no, In the Wizard of Watch the Wizard of Oz again. I've seen it, and I know used to excuse me, You've spoken a lot, and you've got to speak in many lines in the film Wicked, but I didn't get my opportunity. So I want to enter the Wicked universe and say, there's some wrong here, there's something really wrong here.
Speaker 4: You're anti Wicked because you think it's about a glorifies.
Speaker 3: Animal glorifies animal abuse, and and I believe it's revisionist about Alphaba's physical abuse.
Speaker 1: Okay, I've had it. We've done the Wicked press Star. Okay, now here's.
Speaker 3: My real feelings. I feel it's not pet Wicked, it's not Peter. It's like how Crash thought it was anti racist, and it was racist, and it was racist.
Speaker 1: Wicked thinks it's saving the animals.
Speaker 3: Last I checked, I'm watching this movie and a monkey was in agony.
Speaker 1: What they had to do to that monkey on set?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was That was not a good day. That little that gorgeous little deer. That's our that's our, Tandy Newton.
Speaker 1: Crash, No, you're this man deep. The movie fucking sucks. God.
Speaker 3: It's a crazy ass movie, one of the craziest movies ever in American history, and it won Best Picture at the Academy Awards.
Speaker 1: Sorry aang Lee, Sorry dang Sorry, beautiful Art, Sorry, beautiful Heath. We were out here swimming in the deep. Now let's move on to I don't think so honey. Yeah, okay, I have a good one.
Speaker 4: Actually, okay, this is Matt Rodgers. I don't think so honey. Well, first of all, I don't think Sony is our one minute segment where we take one minute to rarely get something in culture. Matt Rodgers has something. This is Matt Rodgers. I don't think so many as time starts now.
Speaker 3: I don't think so, honey. If you're gonna send a sexy DM and it's fisting, you have to say that beforehand.
Speaker 1: Well, no, I am so on board with you.
Speaker 3: With people out there, they want to send me their sexy dms, like you want to send me a dick pic on DM, Like, truly, my dms are open. You want to send the little sneaky ass you want to send whatever it is. If you're empowered to send me this type of material, I support you, I embrace you.
Speaker 1: I do think so, honey. I don't, however, think so honey.
Speaker 3: If you're going to send and this is not a king shame, I swear to God everyone do whatever it is you're gonna do consensually with your.
Speaker 1: Partner or partners, I don't care.
Speaker 3: But if I open my DM and like it is something that is going to sexually shock, disturb and turn me off, I have to know beforehand that second feels like animal abuse. When I'm an animal, a human is an animal, and you send me just straight up fisting out of nowhere.
Speaker 1: I don't think so, honey, I feel animally abused.
Speaker 4: That's one minute. And there's something very nuanced here, which is this is not a king shaming moment.
Speaker 3: It is no, it is a of there's no sort of like gut check either way about it. You have to ask someone if they're okay with certain things, period. And here's the thing, Like the person that sent me this, we have had a like an exchange nudes relationship in the past, but this was a jump forward to the point where it was like, if your intentles to test me and see what my limits are, truly, just ask. I will tell you, like very is that positive forward person. When that is on the table, I will talk about it.
Speaker 1: Let's get it.
Speaker 3: That's literally communication and whoa gay guys, slow it down.
Speaker 1: When this is the deal, I mean, I'm I'm shook about it.
Speaker 3: There's some good ones out there, gay guys.
Speaker 1: Oh, some of my favorite people. Absolutely, some of my favorite people.
Speaker 3: And when they get one, I mean, listen, it's a spectrum. Ye, gay guy is a spectrum. It's actually real Coachure number thirty. Gay guy is a spectrum. But I have to say, and I kind of now my perspective on this one. Gig guy has to change a little bit because I feel I was like animally abused through the phone. It's just the worst medium for animals.
Speaker 1: Be like, hey, are you into this that the other?
Speaker 3: Then we can actually get into it so that when you send me this, I'm not on lost coach being like, I don't think so, honey your actions. Hey, I have a video of me fisting getting fisted.
Speaker 1: Is it okay? If I send this, you can say.
Speaker 3: No, I'll be I would be like, I'm gonna respectfully decline. I politely decline.
Speaker 4: And then you would have still maintained that nude sharing relationship, friendship, yeah, something else.
Speaker 3: Also, or I go yes, and then I can't complain what I see, you know what I mean. But like, give me the opportunity to have a say in my experience, you know what I'm saying, because you can't see what it's gonna be.
Speaker 1: When it's one of those dms that goes away, you know that is is okay?
Speaker 3: Bo I survive? Yeah, I would give that person a migraine. Yeah you ready?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I feel like this is gonna be a rehash of something that I've surely talked about before. But it's it's there's there's a new sort of resonance to it.
Speaker 3: For some reason, it'll be fresh, new, brand new, different and more. I'm sure, I'm sure pertinent.
Speaker 1: Here we go. This is Bowen Yang's. I don't think so many as time starts now.
Speaker 4: I don't think so, honey, TikTok, or at least my experience of it, because it's not even the algorithm anymore.
Speaker 1: It's for me.
Speaker 4: My experience of TikTok is I log on and twenty off. My notifications are of someone who thinks they're being cute, tagging me saying, oh my god, this person looks just like bow and Yang. It's an Asian person. It's a little Asian baby dancing around and like a little elephant costume. Trust me, I've seen it. You guys can stop tagging me in that no, thank you. I it makes me not want to use the platform, which I guess is there not mine. It's just like I'm not missing out on too much. I'm happy to get the detritis on reels weeks later. But I'm saying, like, I guess that's just not gonna go away. I guess I have to accept this as part of my life. But like, even if I even still get Asian people who make the Joelkim booster joke switch a rude joke, and I'm like, y'all, what what's with that? I don't know, Like it's just a weird thing, and I hate the Internet because of it. I think this is a great reason to leave soch.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think that. Here's the thing.
Speaker 3: Last week I was in therapy and I was talking about how I for the first not the first time in a while, but lately I've been feeling really good and the only times I feel bad are when I logged on and see what people I have to say. And so I would say, for you, it's probably not going to change. It's not going to change because if they haven't heard you at this point to or whatever. It's like, Also, there's like unlimited people out there that can all like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Like these people who like don't see a lot of Asian people in their everyday lives, I'm top of mind to them, and so they see an Asian person on the Internet, they go, oh my god, that's bowen ying. Bowen Ying should do a sketch a skit on SNL where he plays this little baby who's dancing.
Speaker 3: I'm like, listen to yourself, do you think that could happen? Do you think I'm over here thinking I'm gonna do that. I don't know what they think something about. And I listen, what a huge honor to be in this movie. That is you know, I'm being appreciated by so many people. I am receiving an uptick of the most lebottomized people you have.
Speaker 4: You didn't even think we're out there in this world. I'm I'm I. I love everybody. And this is not related to me wanting to voodoo doll potentially kill anybody.
Speaker 1: If I had the power.
Speaker 3: But I am over here thinking, wow, like human beings, man, our brains are small. We are a stupid species. We are dumb, myself included. I think that also, people that act that way online are like they if they saw you in person, they would obviously never say those things, which makes me feel like that's not even a reflection of an actual human being. That's a reflection of like a human being's based thing. Yeah you know what I mean. It's like these people online quote unquote people online, Like if you think of them as not people, but as like online opportunities for people, you know what I mean, because like you're not actually being online, you're talking to an avatar and an attitude that is put on and constructed. So it's just like that makes you want to take the whole thing less seriously to begin with, because it's like these these aren't people online, even if they are operated by a human being. This is not a reflection of reality.
Speaker 4: Is the way you've thwarted extension of like the way their minds work, which is never gonna agree with me. I can't control what they think. I'm not out here saying like I'm out think so honey, I'm not saying like you better not do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then they they they can't see you as a person either because they have their own thing in their own head. Yeah, I mean, social media is bad. Internet is bad, breaking news.
Speaker 4: God bless Australia. That little social media ban?
Speaker 1: Are they doing? That? Love?
Speaker 4: Is that under anyone under sixteen? They don't know how they're gonna People are like, how are they gonna enforce this? But I'm just glad it's out there. I'm glad of the intention.
Speaker 3: I knew I knew the intention was there, I wasn't sure if it was actually being enacted, which they get a couple shootings, they go, no more guns.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 3: I'm like, God, imagine that, Imagine that.
Speaker 1: Imagine an episode that took you to highs and lows like this one. Wow.
Speaker 3: Lost Coach really is a podcast that continues to grow and inspire.
Speaker 1: Hmm.
Speaker 4: Thank you to Gregory stock PhD in what I don't know in being a mess and being a messy.
Speaker 3: Ho messy ho vibes. But also got to give him thought provoking. Gotta give him thought provoking. I mean, this man was writing the Book of Questions before we had these little fall in love. We're not really strangers girls stepped onto the world stage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my god.
Speaker 3: Well, maybe we'll do another episode of this. Maybe, Hey, look out for another episode the Book of Questions too, like Wicked too.
Speaker 1: Or Book of Shadows Blue which.
Speaker 3: And I want to say something, I take back everything I said about Wicked. Those animals were cgi. I know, they just looked incredibly real. That's just, you know, a testament to the power of filmmaking and what we called movie magic.
Speaker 4: And can I say I could have never convinced you that they were not real. You had to arrive at that yourself.
Speaker 1: Something has changed within me, something is.
Speaker 2: The same.
Speaker 1: I love her performance in that moment, so good. We end every episode of the song.
Speaker 3: I'm through is playing by what.
Speaker 2: To for?
Speaker 3: I guess it to go back to see time.
Speaker 1: That rush in sciences close and it's sound. You know that the soundtrack is out. Bye Last Culture.
Speaker 4: Racis is the production by Will Ferrell's Big Many Players in My Heart radio podcasts.
Speaker 3: Created and hosted by Matt Rogers and Bowen Yang. Executive produced by Ana Hasnier and Hans Sondi, Produced by Becker Ramos, edited mixed by Doug Babymnika Board and.
Speaker 1: Our music is by Henry Komerski.
Speaker 2: Hey everybody, it's me Matt Rogers, letting you know. Tickets are on sale now to see me on tour, the Prince of Christmas Tour, that is, I'm doing my whole album have you Heard of Christmas? Plus a lot more with the whole band all throughout December. Go to www dot Matt rodgersofficial dot com to see me in a city near you