Speaker 1: Now, how often am I supposed to do this?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: At the beginning, we usually clustered the PRP treatments to every four to six weeks.
Speaker 1: I just need to wait until I get out of show business. I got to keep looking forty five.
Speaker 2: Overall, you're doing very, very well with us.
Speaker 1: So would you say I'm a success story?
Speaker 2: You are.
Speaker 4: Tasha Tosh Show.
Speaker 1: Tosh Show Show. It's Toss showtime, and I'm your host, Daniel Tosh. The date April second, Oh my goodness, yesterday, big day in our household, tons of April Fool's pranks. I got my wife so good yesterday I took one of a pregnancy tests. All right, you're supposed to pee on those sticks, right, That's not what I did. I pooped on it. And then she just walks in and she just goes, what what did you do? And I said, April Fools. She goes, it doesn't even make any sense. It's like, for first of all, you can't have a baby, you're a man. And the second of all, there's there's poop on our counter. April fools got her. Uh here's something crazy. I was went to the grocery store in Malibu and uh, I was talking to an employee there. You ever talked to employees at grocery stores a little bit? I try to avoid it.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I was talking to this guy and I said, uh, why were you guys closed yesterday? And he tells me, he goes, well, I'm not supposed to discuss it. But keeping up with the Kardashians, the show was filming their season finale here yesterday. All right, spoiler alert. This is for the coming season of the show. This is the big season finale. This random grocery store person is telling me that they rented out the entire store, shut it down, and then they acted like they were grocery shopping and uh. And then then this was the scene that apparently happened that Kylie reveals that she's pregnant again with wait for it, Timothy Shalo. Maze kid, What holy moly, what a bombshell. That's big. That's big news in our household because we love Wonka. Now he's gonna have a baby with Kylie. Now, this might not be true. I don't I don't not verifying anything. This is just what an employee at a grocery store in Malibu told me. It's just what you hear, Isn't that neat? What a crazy world I live in where they just close the grocery store and then film a TV show, a reality show and Kylie says I'm pregnant with Timothy Shalome's kid. You heard it here first on Tosh Show. All right, that's all I got. Oh I hear we're doing a We're doing a news segment called Dix of the Week.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Now, people that are fans of Tosh point oh, we're gonna say, wait a second. Didn't you guys have a segment on that show called Dick of the Week. Yes, this is very different. This is dix of the Week. See that's plural. The old one was just dick of the week. This is dix of the week and we're using a different font. So good luck trying to sue us. All right, let's see this video.
Speaker 5: Ed.
Speaker 1: That's a real dick move right there. Not a single BBC on there. Shame hashtag high school prank so white. You want a pro tip, you gotta get on the roof and suck them off. That's the best way to get them. Trust me, I'm an expert at getting dicks off. You gotta climb on the roof, suck them off. Now it's time for Amasians. That's Asians doing amazing things. And I know some of you are like, that's an old segment from Tosh point Oh. You're right, show me the video. This is how the final four should be settled. You think Otani's betting on this. I mean this proves it. Asia is better at television than we are. All right, let's get to it. Speaking of Tosh Point Oh, A lot of people over the course of my career have made comments about my hair. Some have noticed at the beginning of Tash point zero that I was balding. You can see it right there interviewing the Afro Ninja. I don't even know if you should say that anymore. That's how long ago it was. My hair definitely looks better.
Speaker 2: Then.
Speaker 1: There was a time on the show that I buzzed my hair off and was like, I'm done with it. I'm done with caring. I even convinced people my staff to shave their head in solidarity. A lot of times people do that when they go through chemotherapy, but I was like, balding is equally, if not more, traumatic, So yeah, so I convinced a bunch of people on the staff to shave their head. But that was before the show picked up a little steam and became the runaway smash hit, the staple of the entire network, before it came crumbling down to whatever it is today. The problem that I have, it'd be one thing if there was bald people my family. But like, my parents have great hair. My dad doesn't even have like a single gray hair in his head, just thick, my brother thick. But I the one person in our entire family that decides to get in show business goes goes bald. You know what that is.
Speaker 2: That's karma, No karma, No, this.
Speaker 1: Is God's plan. Yeah, he's just throwing throwing me a little curveball. Says Okay, mister funny guy, let's see what you think of this. And then I realized, well, I gotta I gotta keep my hair. And I started doing it all the propecia, the rogain, but I wasn't getting the results that I wanted. So I was like, it's time for me to see a professional. Today's guest will not be joining me in the hot seat. Instead, I'll be joining them in their hot seat. I'm gonna let you guys, get a peek behind the curtain to watch what I have to go through to keep this beautiful. It's just locks of wavy brown goodness that sits atop my head. Enjoy, Pasha. Okay, I've got my celebrity disguise on. Now we're in the stairwell. We go to the back entrance so no one sees me. Go in to a dermatologist office. This is what you do if you're a celebrity. You don't have to sit in the waiting area. These are the perks. We go the back way. They leave a door open right into a room, a private room. Nobody sees me. Nobody knows, oh, he's getting his hair done. Of course, broadcasting it seems to be the wrong move, but whatever. Okay, follow me. That's the lobby. This is the private room, all right. No one knows I'm here. Now. The first thing I do when I get in there is I get myself comfortable and fall asleep because they make you wait. But today, since I have cameras, I'm not going to sleep and they're not going to make me wait as much. And Craig and I always have a good time talking. You know what he said to me, Craig. He's like, well, don't say that it hurts that bad. And I go, because you don't want to scare people away. I go, I go, what people don't care about pain? If it actually works?
Speaker 2: This is true, this is true.
Speaker 1: What percentage of people come in here to do this PRP? Is it a lot or not that many?
Speaker 6: Well? We see probably twenty five people a day for this. No, no, no, PRP four or five?
Speaker 1: Do you need this arm?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Please? Wait? Do you see this syringe? It's comical. How many times have I done this?
Speaker 6: I'd have to look at your chart, but probably seven or eight. I know what wins Mark?
Speaker 1: Yes, of course. Well I mean if you go back to the days of just the poison in the head.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well that was that was different the micro needling.
Speaker 1: Now, my original doctor was doctor Peter Goldman, who he has passed away. But he was a wonderful doctor. And he didn't have any fingernails, but that that didn't stop me from going to see him. He would he would stab my head full of poison and hair would grow. I'm like, this guy's amazing. But what I love the most about him is he would always tell me stories about old Hollywood, like he knew, like the rat pack and the palm springs air. So that was always interesting. I was like it when doctors tell me about they're cool old clients and probably not supposed to but whatever. And then and now the new doctor, doctor Debo, took over all all of his clients and stuff. And that's where I go once twice a year for a little maintenance up keep a little PRP where they take all my blood out. They take my blood from my arm and then they stick it a machine, I guess, and spin it. I've never really asked does other people do it? And I'm like, God, I trust them, Hey, I don't. I don't think they can do anything too crazy. And then they inject it back into your head and apparently your hair grows. Does the needle penetrate the skull? No, no, it just it just bends and breaks on the skull exactly.
Speaker 6: He injects just to the depth of the base of the hair follicle, so just a couple of millimeters.
Speaker 1: But really he just bangs against your skull.
Speaker 6: It doesn't go that deep.
Speaker 1: You're doing okay, yeah, yea, I'm fine. It takes a little while or two. Well, yeah, it's because it's a syringe that you purchase from carrot top. Isn't the machine that you spend my blood in in? This isn't in the closet.
Speaker 6: No, it's done in her lab.
Speaker 1: I got it. I don't know why I thought it was in this closet.
Speaker 6: We used to have it back in the story. So you're not imagining, all right, but during the pandemic, wing that's dead.
Speaker 1: That's how you fought COVID nineteen.
Speaker 6: Well, it's a reduce the reduced the amount of FaceTime that I was in the room with the patient.
Speaker 1: Oh, that must have been tough for you to be like, I'm gonna get covid because he's vain. Motherfuckers want hair? How was that? It's fine, too bad, I don't know you. You don't hurt me.
Speaker 6: It's the next part.
Speaker 1: No, not even the next part. The next part's okay, okay, be back Charley. See. Yeah, so he just took my blood. Then they put in a machine, spins it, I think, and they stick it back of my head. If you see behind it. You got the chart there of what kind of baldness men have. I'm number I'm number three or four? Four is mine? I'm sorry. Roman numerals threw me the third one down. I'm a little combination of three and four. And then I think this cost me. I don't know how much this cost me. We'll find out at the end. That's another thing. I don't ever look at what I'm paying. I assume it's my guess is going to be between twelve hundred and three thousand. That's my guess. I don't. I have no idea. Here we go, Come on in. Look at how many needles are in his hand. How much you gave me to take one of those needles and stick in the eye of my cock? What I want one days to be sitting in this chair and like a much more important celebrity comes through the door and they have to be like, okay, sorry, Daniel, you were on cable a decade ago. We got to make way for Jack Sparrow. Let me be clear. I have turned on a lot of people to this doctor and this procedure, and they don't want me to mention their names, and I respect that, but I'm going to There's about five or six men and women from the Tosh point zero offices all went there. Let's see who else is there? Celebrities I've seen coming out of that office. Who else is there? That one guy from that home makeover show. I don't go through the cabinets or any of that stuff. Just take a nap. Wouldn't be cool if I died during this procedure, that would be good. That would this this podcast would get a lot of views. Here we go. Okay, come on in, come on in. How are you doctor? Good? Nice to see you, Thank you.
Speaker 3: So we're going to do another PRP treatment today, which I know you, I know you look forward to.
Speaker 1: I don't. It's just the sound that bothers me. Other than that, I'm a fan personally.
Speaker 3: We're gonna do here as usual as we're going to give you a little bit of numbing medicine.
Speaker 2: We could do it. So you're going to fill a few little pokes during the front.
Speaker 1: Feel free to give me lots if you little be staying so speak This doesn't me this.
Speaker 3: We just sort of give you a little a little halo or a little rich of numbing medicine here and then a little bit more in the back in it helps two lessen the steaming.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm fine, I can handle all this. How far is too far gone when it comes to trying to save your hair in general, uh huh.
Speaker 3: Well, people who do best with this sort of people who start early on in the process. So if your hair loss is just starting, if you're in your twenty or thirty somethings, those are generally the people that respond best, not just to p RP, but to any of the care loss medications that we that we do. So you know, if I see someone who's older sixty seventy in there looking more like a cue ball, those are generally.
Speaker 2: People that we're not We're not good.
Speaker 1: Were you told.
Speaker 2: You're not going to hold a lot of hope for.
Speaker 1: My guy that works with a pete who's bald, you looked at him and said, no, don't do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So you know, if I feel like it's the chances are really low or it's never really a lost cause. But if you're too far none, it's generally we encourage you to embrace, embrace your situation and move on.
Speaker 2: Eddie.
Speaker 1: Do you ever try any of the products to grow grow your hair back?
Speaker 5: I think I did a little bit of the Roguin like way way.
Speaker 1: Backgain the topical one.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm, and then I was just I gave up. Yeah, and by the time you were doing this, you had told me that he said where my level of baldness was too late to come back.
Speaker 1: That's a shame. Yeah, now, Eddie, I don't know if you want me to talk about this or not, And if you don't, you just stop me. I remember a time when you were buying awful uh cv as hair dye and dyeing your hair and it would just be like all over your neck.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I remember, like Megan being like, you're just ruining pillow cases that you have to just stop.
Speaker 1: I actually think I have a photo of you in Zany's Comedy Club in Chicago, and I'm pretty sure you, like in the like outside, just applied a batch of it. What percentage women do you do versus men?
Speaker 2: As far as PRP goes, Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's a good question. I didn't say.
Speaker 2: It's roughly roughly evenly sweat.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah. Did you fix Lebron James's hairline?
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 1: You're not allowed to say.
Speaker 2: I'm not allowed to say it. I did.
Speaker 1: I know, I'll tell you that that I didn't. All right, did somebody fix his hairline?
Speaker 3: I fit, well, I've heard he had something else on perhaps, but I can't really, I don't sure.
Speaker 1: So what about hair transplants now where they do individual follicles?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Should I? Should I start doing that?
Speaker 3: That's sort of the newer method of doing it. Yes, The advantage to doing the f U e's or.
Speaker 2: That you don't have a linear scar.
Speaker 3: Right in the back of your stout, so you know it's important if you ever wanted to cut your hair short, but you not have that that.
Speaker 2: Linear scar back.
Speaker 1: But you don't do that, do you.
Speaker 2: I'm not doing those anymore.
Speaker 1: I used to, But I mean, do you do the actual transplant ones? The individual hairs are no? No, okay.
Speaker 3: I've had a couple of colleagues who only do that kind of work and they do it all day every day.
Speaker 1: So all right they have Do you want me to do that?
Speaker 3: I don't think you're ready. I think your frontel hairlines pretty good. I think you responded well to what we're doing, all right, So you want to You generally want to fold off on hair transplants is as long as possible, because there's obviously that there's a limited amount of hair that you can move around, so we like to sort of maximize the the medical stuff first and delay, delay the surgery as much as possible.
Speaker 2: I'm done with your.
Speaker 1: Numbing, all right, thank you.
Speaker 2: I'll let you relax here for a fun thank you. Want to go get your PRP and we'll be back. Thank you.
Speaker 1: He was so professional. That's not how he normally talks to me. Do we consider this plastic surgery? What's that? What's the vote? Guys? No? No, no, But but what do you call it?
Speaker 2: If?
Speaker 1: If not, it's a cosmetic procedure. Okay, so I'm doing a cosmetic procedure. Now where do I draw the line? Will I start doing botox? No, don't do that. Don't do botox. I've never considered it. Don't. What about what about teeth whitening? Do you consider that a cosmetic surgery or a cosmetic procedure?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yes, if you're paying. I don't. I don't. I've never had it done professionally. I've just done some of those white strips before. Yeah. That is not that's not that's not even a cosmetic procedure. What do you consider a haircut? I'm just trying to where do you draw the line? What about trying to get three extra inches on my cock?
Speaker 6: That's that'sstic surgery.
Speaker 1: That's plastic surgery. I'm not going to I'm just doing the rubber band weight thing.
Speaker 6: It's working out. That's working out. That's just that's working out.
Speaker 1: That's working out.
Speaker 5: It's cock day, everybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess that this is This is what I always discuss, is what's the line for cosmetic surgery? My wife. I encourage her to get all kinds of work done. She refuses, just refuses, says not interested. I want to grow old gracefully. And I'm like, it's not happening. It's abrupt and it's alarming.
Speaker 2: Okay, your time.
Speaker 1: Craig's in here giving me medical advice. Okay, tell them, tell them to knock it off, stay in his lane. How long has Craig work for you?
Speaker 2: Craig has been with us more than twenty years? Twenty two. That's not a bit.
Speaker 1: That's incredible. Isn't that nice?
Speaker 2: That's more than twenty That's what you should do.
Speaker 1: Is it's so nice when you get to work one place for a long time. Ah, I like a routine. How come after this my head feels like a balloon? Is it because it's just filled with all my blood?
Speaker 2: This week?
Speaker 3: You know, I got a bunch of fluid in there and the skin has been sort of stretched.
Speaker 1: You tell me not to sleep on my stomach because the blood will rush for it, I'll get like a cr But I actually want to do that one time, just to see if it actually see what it looks like, does it actually happen.
Speaker 3: It's not really blood, it's just it's a combination of you know, the PRP fluid and a little bit of the ambosthetic we use, and sometimes there's a little swelling and all of that fluid. You sleep on your side or your face to sort of sell onto your forehead and maybe.
Speaker 1: If this one doesn't hurt as bad as they normally do to me, I'm gonna be mad at you guys. Oh you're taking it easy because I got a camera on me.
Speaker 3: So we normally do about you know, there's between fifteen and seventy PRP shots over at the top of the stout, uh huh, and once in a while would get a little beasting.
Speaker 2: But it shouldn't be too much.
Speaker 1: I mean, you say, little besting. If you get stung by beet fucking herds, imagine getting stung by ten bees in your head. It'll be a bad day. So he's given you around seventy stabs in the head, but that doesn't count the twenty or thirty needles beforehand to numb your head. And they talked about it always like a little besting. You tell that to Macaulay Gulkin and my girl, you get a hundred beastings on your head, you're going to die, right, Yeah? Yeah? How did you figure out that the PRP would grow hair? You know?
Speaker 3: That was actually discovered probably more than ten years ago. There were some hair loss books in Florida who were working with this. They were sort of looked at what the orthopedics guys were doing with PRP for injuries and men thought, well, if PRP is helping to heal sports injuries and things like that, maybe they'll help to stimulate para follicles.
Speaker 1: Did they test it on the animals first or no? I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: I think they. I think they might have. But because it's really PRP.
Speaker 3: Is your own is your own serums, it's your own plasma.
Speaker 2: It's not a drug. So it's something that things can't really have the action too.
Speaker 1: I saved my kids stem cells there in biblical cord can I put that in my head. Would that help me? We could talk about that.
Speaker 3: Stem cells are an area of a lot of controversy and research. There's not I mean they're not they're not they're not yet approved, but there's a lot of a lot of buzz around exosomes and stem cells.
Speaker 1: Oh, I really was just shooting from the hip there.
Speaker 2: I would stay tuned.
Speaker 1: Uh huh, I wouldn't. I'm not going to get rid of them.
Speaker 2: If you've got those some bilical cords hanging around the house.
Speaker 1: They're in the meat freezer.
Speaker 2: There you go. You're doing so far, we're almost halfway done.
Speaker 1: I'm way better today. I'm not gonna lie now. I know when you're watching this, I don't react like it hurts that bad. And that's because it didn't hurt that bad. But normally it does. And you can feel it when the needle goes through your head. It's just it's like you're hearing it on the inside of your Ere's just a crunching sound as the needle hits your bone. Okay, so far, it's just the noise. It's the noise that be gone in your head. Is this vanity? I guess I wasn't planning on doing it for as long as I've done it, I thought i'd be like off television and out of the biz. I just I don't know. You guys won't leave me, let me go, let my hair go. Now, I feel like I just got to see how long they can keep my hair at this point. Right, let's let's see what science can do. Now. How often am I supposed to do this?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: At the beginning, we usually clustered the PRP treatments to every four to six weeks. But after you're done with the first the first block of treatments, we maintain it for most people only at a couple of times per year.
Speaker 1: I just need to wait until I get out of show business. I got to keep looking at forty five you've.
Speaker 3: Got that's where your funnel airline is strong.
Speaker 2: And overall you're doing very very well with us.
Speaker 1: So as you say I'm a success story, you are. I should be embarrassed to show this, and truth be told, I am. I am embarrassed to show this, but I feel if I show this, I can help other young male hosts out there that there is help and you're not alone. That's why I do this. You ever mix up any blood, and all of a sudden, I get Johnny Depp's hair.
Speaker 2: Has adapted. This is our last syringe.
Speaker 3: So what we're doing here is where I'm just giving you a little extra PRP. There so one spot here in your mid scalp that's just the tad thinner than the early area. So we're putting a little extra PRP here.
Speaker 1: That's because I'm VIP. I get the extra it. Oh, it's exciting, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Dan, you don't You just seem to have survived.
Speaker 1: Thank you, We are finished. What the fuck, Craig, that's the first time it didn't hurt.
Speaker 6: I'm glad, but.
Speaker 2: It didn't hurt. Are you were in so much?
Speaker 1: No? You guys. You guys violently jab like you've got a lunch to get to. Oh, this is where it's weird right now, going with this like lifting your eyebrows, you just feel your whole head like it's you know, very very tight. Now I have to put my disguise back on. Ah, this is cheaper than any p r P. A nice lululemonhat. I'm no longer bald, and you can't tell who I am. Lululemon, send me a bunch of stuff, can I wanted VIP. We uh pay and bring my ever set back to me. Thank you. Okay, yeah, yeah, you're wonderful. Let me check a prostate while we're in here. Technically that's not uh one. Once you break the surface, you're you're no longer in the dermatology field.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He can do the rim of the asshole, but cannot go in. Oh good, that's disturbing. I didn't know. Okay, thank you very much.
Speaker 6: See you back in about four to six months for another treatment.
Speaker 1: Maybe six months. Ok, thank you. I appreciate Thank you. Fourteen hundred fourteen money. Well spent fourteen hundred bucks, Get of my stuff and we're out of here. Oh shit, it's locked.
Speaker 4: Is that tail?
Speaker 2: Tosh?
Speaker 1: I wasn't doing anything with my.
Speaker 4: Hair, Pasha.
Speaker 1: Well, Carl, now you know why I have the greatest head of hair in the game. You think you'll ever go to doctor debo if you start losing your hair? Man, if you didn't have hair, I don't know if I'd love you, I don't know. They need'd be like one of those rescue dogs. Oh god, I don't even like to talk about them. Cover your beautiful purebred ears. You're not a purebread you're a fancy mutt. But thanks de Bo for being so gentle on me. I look forward to that treatment every time from this day forward, keeping my head of hair. I don't know how long I'm gonna keep this hair, but as long as you keep subscribing and liking, I'll be here plugging. Yeah, I get it. Speaking of plugs, Boyswearpink dot Com go pick up your little one something Pink. The tour dates gonna be in a Louisville, Kentucky, Columbus, Ohio, in Michigan, Los Angeles, Vegas. Ah, sounds good. The Goat comes out May ninth. I'm so excited about the Goat. What fun that was filming that show sixteen years ago. And now it's time for one of my son's bedtime stories. Last week he left you with the real cliffhanger. Previously on bed Conseil. As you recall, there was a blue gentlemen that turned into a police officer or a police officer's car. I believe there's a yellow red guy that turned yellow. Made no sense at all that the story went off the rails. He knew it was going off the rails. He needed time take a beat to figure out what to do, and it wraps up tonight, so I will see you next week. I'm one and the other one. I don't know there was one. One of the story has gone off the rails. I don't no ways, you don't know what you're saying. Yeah, you've got yourself into a pickle. Huh yeah. I wind out new waving right the end.